[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ D&D 5E General - Homebrew Equipment Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: Lantern Shield.jpg (71 KB, 848x636) Image search: [Google]
Lantern Shield.jpg
71 KB, 848x636
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Have your PCs ever proposed a unique custom weapon to craft? Have ever tailored custom magic items for your PCs? I encourage posting the details so anons can implement each others custom equipment in each others' games. Have fun, kids.
>>
>>47689294
one of my players sent me a video of Megas XLR when I asked if had any ideas of what he wants his character to be.

He wanted to be a dwarf in a 15 ft tall mech suit.
>>
How do you guys manage shopping?
>>
>>47689312
I can respect that.
Not to start with, he'd have to buy, craft, and assemble the suit in-game, but at least he has a goal.

>>47689322
Usually refer to the prices in the PHB, and make assumptions/adjustments based on a benchmark of some kind.
>>
>>47689294
Once one of my players was a type of undead , but to keep on living he had to create some crystals using any jewelry and the soul of an agonizing enemy
>>47689312
Today a player wanted to be one third fish one third tree and one third demon
>>
Yo could I have some more links before I actually see some equipment please?
>>
File: evolution-of-link.png (1 MB, 1934x1182) Image search: [Google]
evolution-of-link.png
1 MB, 1934x1182
>>47689353
>>
>>47689333
Lest say after a long week of adventuring your players are back in town and one says i want to buy an armor, do you check if the town haves armor, do you make them roll investigation? or what

i was thinking in letting them do one action in the day and other in the night, IE Player one tells me he wants to train in something, Player two wants to investigate, Player three just want to socialize, Player four want to go and drink like a mad man etc..
>>
>>47689340
After I decided my character in a game I was in wouldn't fit the plot, I withdrew early from the game that session so I could think of a new character.

I later asked the DM if I could play as an Empyrean, and he OKed it.

I think exotic/non-standard races are a sign that the player isn't creative enough to come up with something interesting with a standard race, or that the DM has decided it doesn't really matter.

>>47689373
>I want to buy an armor
I wouldn't require an investigation roll, rather think about whether the town would have a store that sells armor, since the average Joe Turnip probably doesn't need one and couldn't afford it, and then just tell them that it's there. Armor can be pretty important when it comes to making a save, especially in the low levels.

>one action in the day and the other in night
Makes sense to me, I guess.
>>
File: DMrailroadingfix.png (737 KB, 609x608) Image search: [Google]
DMrailroadingfix.png
737 KB, 609x608
I want to make a necromancer named Necro of the house Philia. I've never made a mage before and would like to know what spells and cantrips i should have/ how i should play the character in combat situations.

About to start Rise of Tiamat.
>>
>>47689423
Don't do that, anon.
>>
>>47689423
If you want to do that, and you probably shouldn't unless you want to make an explicitly and sincerely heroic necromancer, you should ask you DM if you can make a Death Domain Cleric instead.
>>
>>47689294

My rogue wants to use a custom grappling hook as a main weapon, still tossing up ideas on different ways to do it. I suggested custom daggers with hooks tied to a rope. should work okay.
>>
Kits, Pouch and Tools are only a one use and go? also, the arcane focus is Overpowered in my opinion makes the component pouch useless
>>
>>47689471
Arcane Focus and Component Pouch are the same thing mechanically though, they're items that take up a hand and allow you to cast spells with costless material components

no, kits, pouches, and tools aren't one use, you moron, the chisel doesn't shatter into fragments when you finish a statue
>>
>>47689471
Wat? No, they're not single use. Also a component pouch requires only a free hand, you need to have your focus in your off-hand to actually use it.
>>
>>47689432
>>47689444
He's just going to be you're average joe, that just he likes to dabble in it to be a sincerely heroic necromancer.

I'll change his name to something else then.
>>
>>47689498
correct me if i am retarded
Component Pouch:
You can have an staff in one hand and the pouch in other

Focus:
You can only use the focus?
>>
>>47689525
Focus can be one-handed, pouch requires a free hand to use (but not a hand to hold, it can just be on your belt or something)
>>
>>47689471
Consider whether the items in a kit need to be replaced. Toolkits should be able to be used over and over, and it'd be a good incentive to have improved toolkits for your players. Thieves tools might be the only exception on account of their delicacy., so bad rolls might result in them breaking.
I like the arcane focus, but if you don't like the idea you could require that your players need the actual material components for rituals.
>>47689490
I'd suggest having an upkeep cost to keep the tools in good condition and replacing them after a while, but having money be the only punishment/requirement is pretty video-gamey IMO. A toolkit can be something that a character can get attached to, or they might be an heirloom from a master, similarly skilled relative, or fellow apprentice.
>>47689503
Necro Philia's not a terribly good name. If he's actually going to just be dabbling in it, you might want to go with an abjuration school and spells, then pick up the necromancy spells as a minority.
>>47689525
>>47689535
Spells require a free hand due to the somatic components, i.e. hand waving, in addition to reaching into the component pouch, so you'll still always need a free hand even if your arcane focus is a necklace or jewelry or something.
>>
>>47689535
Understood, i think that i will make the player using a component pouch actively go and look for components in his down time, or make it have 10 uses
>>
Are there any unique character sheets? I had a really cool one a few months back, but the 4chan link expired and i lost the one i had :( It's not i the mega file.
>>
>>47689554
Way too much effort just to make tools that are already of questionable value and rarely used, a bit worse and more annoying. I really don't think it fits 5e to have upkeep costs that vary for the different tools, and if that's the case why don't you need to pay to keep your sword sharp and repair armor?
>>
>>47689671
it's in the pastebin, a megafire download.
>>
Op asked for homebrew armor i will make one for the sake of it

Armor of Drumin Legendary
This armor gives you +3 AC and +1 Damage Reduction
>>
>>47689681
Thanks man <3

What's the most fun type of Wizard /tg/ likes to play? I remember something about traps.
>>
>>47689570
Don't do this! Most material components AREN'T used up by the spell! Check the spell descriptions.
>>
>>47689712
IIRC evocation is one of the worst, Divination and Illusion are among the best schools. School doesn't matter too much though, the spell list is the same so you're gonna be effective no matter which you choose if you have good spells. In terms of what is fun, divination has a lot of cool rp uses, transmutation is fun too I think.
>>
Which druid do you guys think is better, Land or Moon? I have to choose between them and am kinda stumped.
>>
>>47689851
Moon no question.
>>
>>47689570
It's the same price as one of the most expensive foci, you're basically being a jackass DM for a mechanic that doesn't matter that much.

All that's going to happen is you're never going to see players use spells with material components and you'll be sorry when you realize they're not that powerful.
>>
>>47689851
Moon is basically a 3aboo trap. Land has a ton of flexibility and is basically a Mage with the Druid list, more a 2E druid than 3e.
>>
>>47689333
I talked him into being a warforged instead
>>
>>47689887
I played Druid in 2E and liked it a lot. I'll probably go with that then. Thanks.
>>
what color is the assassins blood poison? i was thinking in making it red so my players think it is a healing potion 8)
>>
>>47689927
Sounds fine to me!
>>
>>47689294
The madman (mad-dwarf?) barbarian lashed a chain to the end of a beartrap; like a big, crude flying guillotine.
It didn't usually work as intended, but when it did? God damn
>>
>>47689927
so by 8) you mean "making it a potion of poison which already exists"
>>
>>47689927
There's an actual item in the DMG called Potion of Poison, that is masked by illusion magic to make it look, smell and taste like healing potions. It's cool, because the illusion holds up unless the players get smart and cast Detect Magic or Identify.
>>
>>47689294
>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on
>no homebrew
If that homebrew archive went down or something you should probably remove the 'homebrew list' bit in future generals.
>>
>>47689570
That's just really unnecessary. As >>47689746 said, most material components aren't consumed, and the ones players do have to buy or look for are the ones with a gp cost attached.
>>
So another player played a druid and when low on hp, transformed back to normal form and then used wildshape again the turn after, can you not just wild shape while you're an animal?

>>47690004
It just got removed with the weak reasoning that with DMsG no one would use it.
>>
>>47690027
Pretty sure it hadn't been updated in several months too. Someone wanna start a mega folder and put anything in it made by 5eg users?
>>
>>47690001
>>47689983
What does a health potion and assassin blood potion smell like?
>>
>>47690037
I can make one with everything I've got but that's not just 5eg stuff and a lot of it is missing too. also it would have my sorting pattern.
>>
>>47690140
Seems pointless to have one if it's not exclusively 5eg only really. Otherwise we might as well just use DMsG anyway.
>>
>>47690155
I don't use it much because it's such a hassle to write price, add to cast, confirm, "purchase", prep download and then download. I only use the site if something specific is recommended or very popular.
>>
Old thread, because OP was too cheap a fuck to link it:
>>47671957
>>47671957
>>47671957
>>
>>47690230
cart*
>>
>>47690230
That's true. Someone make a homebrew mega then. Preferably someone who foresees being around for a long ass time, because the last one got abandoned.
>>
>>47689294
Not my equipment exactly, but my group's campaigns are generally high power. The party leader, due to various in-character actions, gained access to a super-duper elemental twinblade that had various effects every turn on a d6.
>>
Is there something like a wilderness location random table? like a big rock in the forest and shit like that
>>
>>47690044
Like molasses and maple syrup.
>>
>>47690251
Downsides as I said, a ton of other stuff, and my naming structure may not be the best, but I made one.

https://mega.nz/#F!9AZmyIIb!WriTv3MiQ2kv8eZmUsXpRA
>>
My players encountered a myconid warrior NPC who accompanied them for a while. I wanted to give him a unique weapons, so i made a fungal club for him that resembles a macuahuitl, and has charges of ensnaring strike that it can cast on a successful hit.
The party will encounter some more of these weapons, which they will be able to take, but they require attunement by someone who can cast speak with plants
>>
>>47690353
love those random tables
>>
>>47690044
salty milk
>>
File: 1456197877999.png (201 KB, 486x328) Image search: [Google]
1456197877999.png
201 KB, 486x328
>>47689294
One of my players got caught flat footed without his weapon so he spent a fairly lavish amount of to give his punch an extra punch.

In essence one of his gauntlets is extra bulky because its a compartment filled to the bring with gun powder and shrapnel. Its rigged that when force is exerted directly backwards(IE; when he punches something) the latch releases and in the process of doing so strikes some flint and ignites the powderkeg.

Ive basically given him the gun rule where if he rolls a 2 or under while striking with his weapon his gauntlet goes off by accident.

Its gone off by accident far more than hes actually gotten to use it but it was a pretty radical idea
>>
Which class is best suited to roleplay a magical girl?
>>
>>47690877
Gameplay wise probably the Sorcerer, because he has many elemental spells and can fly.

Fluff wise it's the warlock, because most magical girls get their powers from other enities or objects.
>>
File: swashbuckler 3.jpg (198 KB, 730x1056) Image search: [Google]
swashbuckler 3.jpg
198 KB, 730x1056
Starting at level 9

Monk (Sun Soul) 6 / Rogue 1 / Cleric (Light) 2
or
Rogue (Assassin) 6 / Paladin (Vengeance) 3

Sun Soul and Light Cleric have some fun synergy, and a one-level dip in rogue is mainly for expertise. If I snag a d6 sneak attack every now and again then that's nice, but this guy is essentially a cavalry archer played as a battlefield controller/support. I'll give up three ki points and access to the Monk 18 and 20 abilities, but to be honest we probably won't get that high anyway and the ability to use Burning Hands (or Searing Arc Strike, whatever) with cleric slots as well as ki points makes up for the three lower points. Major issues really is the amount of competition for bonus action stuff.

On the other hand, assassin/paladin works good for always having advantage on everything. Hunter's Mark, sneak attack, smite and assassinate means that I can make the most of the single attack per turn - going for Paladin 5 for extra attack means I give up the possibility of the Assassin 17 capstone, and while I probably won't get that high it's nice to aim for. This guy's played as a straight assassin, single-target spike damage then retreat with stealth.

Which would you rather see in a group?
>>
>>47690871
It's off topic, but I had a cyperpunk character who had a shotgun built into his cyberleg. Whenever he kicked you, you also got blasted from the most point blank a range could possible be.
>>
Anyone have any decent homebrew for a half-dragon race? Wanting to be a descendant of Bahamut for next session.
>>
File: love paladin 0-2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
love paladin 0-2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47690877
>>
>>47690877
Chain Feylock
>>
>>47690871
Have all the pores on his body been sealed shut by scar tissue?
>>
>>47690989
Dragonborn? What else do you want than damage res and breath weapon? Half-dragons are in the MM and are not a player race, dragonborn however, depending on the setting, are sometimes descendants of dragons. Or just play a Draconic BL Sorc.
>>
>>47689423
>>47689503
Necromancer's waaaaaaaay better than death priest if you want to be nonevil or more importantly if you want to have tough undead, though the name is fucking terrible.

1 level of cleric, should you have the prereqs, could be good, I like either a cleric of life (for the armor and irony) or death (for appropriateness and the dual cantrip attack)
>>
>>47691019
His hand definitely

I feel like i shouldve bumped the damage he takes higher than 1d4 but rule of cool man. Its a tabletop game so what if he punches people with a grenade.
>>
>>47689851
>>47689887
Moon druid isn't broken in the same way the 3.5 druid was broken, where it could fight as well as two fighters and cast spells on top of that. The moon druid in 5e is called an onion druid because it has layer after layer of effective temporary HP from its wild shapes, making it easily the most durable class in the game. Its offensive capabilities while in onion mode are very limited, though.
>>
File: Grumple Four Skin.jpg (2 MB, 2400x1867) Image search: [Google]
Grumple Four Skin.jpg
2 MB, 2400x1867
>>47689312
Could be cool. Not exactly sure how you'd work it out for 5e without breaking the game though.

Back when me and my friends were playing 3.5, our gnome bard, who was called Grumple Four Skin, piloted two types of mechs during our campaign. They weren't exactly mechs per say, they were actually living constructs that had it's head removed from it's shoulders and controls built into it's torso. The DM balanced them by having the head exposed in the back for it's weak spot and if the head died the rest of the construct died and didn't work. He was essentially piloting the construct like a mind controlling parasite like this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go_LIz7kTok

The first mech had an open cockpit and was made of wood so enemies can choose to target him or the mech for attacks;area damage from spells affected both of them. The second mech was made of metal and gave him cover which prevented him from being attack directly and the cover protected him from area damage. Both of the mechs were physically strong and could attack with a cannons. Grumple didn't use the mech's strength much in battle he mainly used it as artillery and for carrying heavy objects and cargo.

The mech might seem a bit over powered but several of our players were playing over powered classes, so the mechs never stole the show. That being said, I still don't know how you'd introduce it into a 5e campaign without making it over powered, yet still better than just playing your character without one. Max player stats at 20 and max monster stats at 30 don't leave too much wiggle room.
>>
>>47691101
>Its offensive capabilities while in onion mode are very limited, though.
*On higher levels.

Also, can you cast wildshape again if you're transformed?
>>
>>47691101
The onion thing is entirely shut down by DM ruling since it's based on a misinterpretation of the rules afaik
>>
>>47691117
Are there any rules for making constructs in 5e, and does a warforged's living construct actually do anything beyond +1 AC?
>>
>>47691117
God that's a cringeworthy video.
>>
>>47691155
And what rules are those?
>>
>>47691174
Chaining wildshapes.
>>
The variant druid circle things like the deathblossom are just fan/third party stuff, right?
>>
Hey, I'm trying to roll up a character for our friday game this week. I have no idea what I want to play, and am looking for some inspiration. First roll over 15 on a d20 picks my race and class? My array is 17 15 14 13 12 10
>>
>>47691155
How so? The rule that makes it work is the rule about polymorphing and HP. Damage you take while in wild shape doesn't count (unless you run out of your wild shape's HP and the excess carries over to your real HP.) This means that a moon druid can gain the equivalent of triple-digit temporary HP as a bonus action, and then do it again when it runs out. And if you're not level 20 and can't do this an infinite number of times, when you run out of wild shapes you are still a full caster who can summon a bunch of meat shields/extra actions.
>>
>>47691179
So it's unclear if you can wild shape again while transformed? I (>>47691118) asked for clarification but I can't see anything in the rules that forbids it.
>>
>>47689294
I like weapons becoming magical after being used for a great deed, so after slaying high CR monstrosities or after hewing hordes they might find on a shirt rest their weapon has gained an enchantment after being bathed in the blood of its enemies.

It also lets me tailor the weapon to the user, so I do some unique things based on what they like to do.
>>
>>47691228
>>47691179
>>47691118
Even if you can't wildshape while transformed, onion druids are still ludicrously hard to kill for a full caster, because their HP is the sum total of their real HP plus the HP of all the wild shapes they can do in a day, plus their potential to heal themselves with spell slots..
>>
>>47691040
I just realized if you are the type of necromancer that just uses your high level spell slots to summon undead you could easily jump around and grab other classes so long as they don't slow your spellcasting progression and still utilize all your high level spell slots. You really only need animate dead and the level 6 necromancer feature. Although create undead is cool too.
>>
>>47691264
I can't find a reason that you can't do it, but I guess it's a reasonably small nerf. Another I've seen is that if you are forcibly returned to normal form, you fall prone.
>>
So are there any kinds of chars that can halfway reliably take on the blue half dragon that you fight early on in that Tiamat adventure?
>>
>>47691333
A goliath paladin maybe?
>>
>>47691371
Goliaths are in the game? What? When? Where? Are they any good?
>>
>>47691390
Elemental Evil book.
Like, over a year ago.
They're alright.
>>
Can you use Great Weapon Mastery's sweet +10 to damage thingy with polearm mastery?
>>
>>47691408
Yes.
>>
Can you get any bonuses to your off hand 2wf attack without a fighting style class feature?
>>
>>47691446
Any bonuses at all, or damage? For damage there's rage, magical weapons and taking the fighting style feat.
>>
File: Oath of the Sorcerer-Lord.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Oath of the Sorcerer-Lord.pdf
1 B, 486x500
The DMG mentions paladins sworn to sorcerers.

Rate and hate the Oath of the Sorcerer-Lord
>>
>>47691333
Wizard, get lucky with Hold Person and then murder him
>>
>>47690989
Play Dragonborn, Ask GM for Platinum-shade scales and a Radiant-Breath attack to play up on a more direct descendant of Bahamut himself.
>>
>>47691492
>Hold Person
>Dragon
Read the spell hombre
>>
>>47691476
I meant accuracy too but I didn't even know there was a fighting style feat, I'm still used to 3.5 so I was looking for something called "two weapon fighter" or whatever
>>
>>47691513
Half-Dragon's are humanoids. Oh boy you must be embarrassed
>>
>>47691515
>>47691476
Also, meant to say thanks, so thanks.
>>
>>47691515
There's a TWF feat too, allows you to use non-light weaopons too and +1 AC I think. Dual wielding is the worst fighting style this edition though, it is just ok at certain levels for certain builds. Rogue doesn't get extra attack and it gives them two chances at sneak attack, but rogues are better ranged anyway so you're not gonna use it too much. Swashbuckler is the best one I think, from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide.

>>47691528
I remembered hearing about a dragon in that adventure, assumed it was the same. Or maybe that was a half-dragon too, my bad.
>>
>>47691553
Yeah, I figured swashbuckler was a good pick. It's for one of my players not me, but I don't really know more about the system than they do, hence asking here
>>
>>47691528
Also, fuck half-dragons being as close to dragons as dragonborn. They should be way more towards dragons than the current scalie version.
>>
Player in the game I'm playing wants to run the route of Animate-Dead Necromancer or Cleric to get some Skeleton buddies. I'm all for it since only a 3 player party at the moment with a maybe fourth, so some extra "Meat" would be welcome. However there is little reason for him to not just spam as many as he can physically raise until the DM is forced to punish him for it (Aka, oh those bandits have a wizard working with them, fireball. Oh, and the kobolds have a sorcerer, fireball. Next you're fighting the acidic slime, one of which swallowed a bag of magic wands, roll 1d4 to see what spell it casts this round.. Oh it is fireball.)

So GM asked me to help him cook up a home brew feat that buffs up to 4 skeletons, meaning he can play the character he wants without being stuck with 4 skelegimps or resorting to 54 skeletal shortbows and Otto's irresistable dance.

What kind of buffs should I consider? First thought was one that lets him have more accurate "Control" over them, the "General orders to the group as a whole" seems very.. Trash, you seem limited to "Shoot that guy." "Shoot THAT guy." "Stand in front of me." so adding clarity to let them do more complex actions. "You, move there and attack with your shortsword, you, move in-front of me and ready an action to attack the first foe to enter your reach, you two, shortbows out and shoot those kobolds."

Maybe a slight HP increase, 5hp Per guy to bump up to 18 then give them a shield for 15AC when Melee? Maybe give them pikes for reach for more utility and less getting in the way, although they don't have the STR to use them effectively. It's hard to gauge the power of the feat especially when spreading it four ways. Any thoughts? Is this enough to merit a feat? What else could I offer without risking it being too broken, or is it already too much?
>>
>>47691515
There is no fighting style feat yet

There is one called two weapon fighter or something like that which allows you to do it with non-light weapons like longswords or rapiers and gives you +1 to AC while you're wielding 2 weapons
>>
>>47691577
I see no reason for that at all. One has 100% dragon ancestors, one has 50%.
>>
>>47691577
I actually thought they were the same thing, that's weird.
What do you think they should be?
>>
>>47691572
>I don't really know more about the system than they do

Are you the DM? If so, yes, you totally do
>>
>>47691582
>However there is little reason for him to not just spam as many as he can physically raise until the DM is forced to punish him for it

Using up all your daily spell slots seems adequate punishment
>>
>>47691594
Oh. Nevermind then.
Dual wielder was the one I saw but it wasn't what I was looking for.
>>
>>47691611
I mean in terms of character options like feats
I know a lot more about the mechanics and enemies and things like that
>>
>>47691582
Inspiring Leader
>>
>>47690991
I have no idea the kind of campaign that that can work in save for a magical realm, but that is a really cool Oath.
>>
>>47691582
I'm confused. Is he casting raise dead or fireball too much?
>>
>>47691481
This has basically no synergy with the rest of the paladin class at all. You can't make a Paladin a spellcaster - they don't have many slots and those they do they need for smiting.

The Oath spells aren't too bad, but Mage Armour is useless for a Paladin.

The Channel Divinity options are needlessly complex. Giving them limited metamagic is a good idea, but the spell shuffle thing is retarded. The mechanics are clunky and require bookkeeping, and letting Paladins trade all their slots in for extra 5th level smites would be overpowered (especially combined with your blood magic idea to also trade in hit dice) if it wasn't basically the only thing that makes the Oath useful to a Paladin.

Their 20 capstone is also silly. Free Misty Step is cool, but unlimited metamagic is wasted on a paladin, who will fire off maybe two spells a day.

Needs work.

As-is this Oath is useful for two reasons: Shield, Haste, and trading up all your non-Shield, non-Haste slots and half your hit dice for more max-level smites. Everything else will absolutely not get used because they're antithetical to the paladin playstyle.
>>
>>47691333
Teach them ready actions. The dragon gets into melee range when it does its breath weapon.
>>
>>47691636
You still do, you need to be intimately familiar with what they can and can't do with their character

Ignoring the player side of things as a DM is just asking for all kinds of trouble
>>
>>47691668
Half dragon.
He means the cyan-whatever fighter dude
>>
>>47691333
The Duel in the city? I think maybe if you're level 2, a Moon-Druid will be able to take him due to just mauling him in Dire-Wolf form. Especially if the Party Cleric throws Bless and Sanctuary on him first, although how perceptive the Half-Dragon is he might notice the magical protections and call it "Cheating in the Duel".

At level 1 though I really don't think anyone can handle it in a full one-on-one duel.
>>
>>47691582
>HP increase

The Necromancy school for wizards already does this. Lets you add your wizard level to their hp and your proficiency to their damage rolls, iirc
>>
>>47691679
I didn't say I was ignoring them.
I know how to run games. I've just started 5e coming from 3.5 so I haven't learned all the feats yet, especially considering they're optional so people who want to use them run it by me first
>>
>>47691668
That will help a single level 1 PC against a 5 hit dice half dragon with a +2d6 magic weapon how?
>>
>>47691692
And if they wanted to be a Cleric?
>>
>>47691199
Play a dragonborn sorcerer, have 18 charisma, pick seperate draconic ancestries, be a multicolored dragonborn and be sure to get triggered when someone calls you a "blank" dragonborn when you identify as the other color.
>>
>>47691402
Only alright?
>>
>>47691326
The nerf I applied to wild shapes and polymorphs is that damage on your normal form carries over into any form you change into. So you can still turn into a wall of meat at the beginning of a fight, but it gets progressively harder as the adventure goes on, and if someone has any damage on them you can't get them out of the way by turning them into a newt.
>>
>>47691595
Dragonborn are rarely just children of dragons. Either dragons not allowed to become true dragons, a mix of human and dragon (in which case they shouldn't be separate), created by dragons etc. To justify a different statblock I'd expect them to be quite different in origin, appearance and capabilities.

>>47691596
More monstrous for sure. Possibly Quadrupled, wings even if they can't carry their weight, long neck, face like the one in the book, animalistic claws instead of fingers, big scales.

>>47691594
Shit, I swear I saw a fighting style feat. Guess it was the maneouvre one or something.
>>
>>47691699
That's not an unreasonable approach

Personally any time I start a new system I learn the player side first and the DM side second
>>
>>47691746
Someone's gotta DM and the group's new
But hey, that's why I'm learning and asking questions here
>>
>>47691742
>Dragonborn are rarely just children of dragons

It says right there that they hatched from the eggs of dragons. Beyond a doubt, they are more dragony than half dragons.

> a mix of human and dragon

You're thinking of, obviously, half dragons.

They're of no relation to Dragonborn of Bahamut and don't even seem to be related to 4e dragonborn except in given settings.
>>
>>47691657
Yeah, I didn't factor in smites. I'll rethink the spell regaining
>>
>>47691481
I woul get rid of the evasion ability at level 7, or get rid of advantage. Can't have both.
>>
>Planar travel based campaign
>Nearing the finale
>PCs in the Planomancer BBEGs main home plane
>Fucking shit up everywhere while BBEG is distracted elsewhere
>BBEG shows up, pissed as fuck
>PCs powerful enough to take him down
>Before he dies, attempts to completely destabilize the plane with everyone in it
>MFW
>>
>>47691730
They have +str and con, can speak giant, get Athletics prof, negate 1d12 damage per rest and count as large for all lifting and carrying and such purposes

Personally I think they're excellent, but that's because almost every character I play has the Tavern Brawler feat

>Hey DM, what would the damage be if I were to hit the orc with a fallen tree/cart/table/chimeney?
>>
Should the players know their current HP?
Or should I tell them when they reach certain fractions?
Or just that they're hurt or close to dying?
>>
Players are buying some heavy siege weaponry for their ship. When attacking with ballistas and shit, what kind of checks should they be making? Feels weird to give them just proficiency with these devices if they have martial ranged weapons, but besides adding an additional proficiency for siege weaponry, I don't see any other good way of doing it.
>>
>>47691654
Raise dead, basically.

The Animate Undead spell is pretty crappy until you get to the levels of having a horde of 30+ Archers, who make every combat trivial by sheer number of attacks. Someone calculated that a level 12 wizard or something can take out an adult blue dragon in one round of skeleton-shots. At that point the only drawback to having this horde is if the DM explicitly goes out of their way to fuck with the necromancers horde by increasing the amount of AOE spellcasters they face or putting RP obstacles in the way to the note of "The paladins of the northern order don't CARE that you saved that village, you're undead cronies need to get smited."

Looking to find another buff to add more utility and survivability to say four of the undead, so the necromancer can have some undead cronies without having to go "Well, thse four are nice but why not have EIGHT? Why not have Twelve?" Because once you get to middling levels, dumping EVERY spell becomes increasingly more valuable, sure you don't have much magic to back you up, but lets see the fighter out-shoot fifty guys in one volley. Even keeping a few of the powerful spells, like the auto-hit, no save "Otto's dance" that makes the skeletons all have advantage on you can be worth it.
>>
File: 1464980927475.png (91 KB, 408x327) Image search: [Google]
1464980927475.png
91 KB, 408x327
>>47691793
Your gms cool. I remember a time in pathfinder where i was playing an alchemist/barbarian that obviously got HUGE strength. I one time picked up a horse and used it as a weapon.

Guess the damage my DM assigned to a horse sized club

1d8
>>
>>47691706
Cyanwrath has a 2d6 magic weapon?
>>
>>47691795
Players keep track of their own HP, not the DM
>>
>>47691756
Aren't they the most varying race from setting to setting in terms of origin? Forgotten realms doesn't even have a set origin, with several possible like being directly created by Io to serve the dragons. Full description in the PHB says:
>Shaped by draconic gods or the dragons themselves, dragonborn originally hatched from dragon eggs as a unique race, combining the best attributes of dragons and humanoids.
So it isn't even set, other than being somehow from dragon eggs. Again, if they are separate from half-dragons in origin and abilities, they should be more separate in appearance.
>>
>>47691795
It allows for proactive planning. A few points of damage can make a differenc as well. The enemy doing 5 or 9 damage can be important but not easy to describe.
>>
>>47691837
Is this always for the best though
Doesn't it encourage really gamey thinking of "I can last exactly x more rounds before I need to worry about healing"?
>>
>>47691798
There's plenty of other drawbacks. They can't handle anything that you can only hit through magic weapons, navigating them through dungeons is very very very very problematic, and they hit a brick wall past any form of terrain that is difficult to navigate through.

If its all just theatre of the mind's eye, its as problematic as the DM wants which probably isn't much; but if you use a battlemap and tokens or figs you will notice its nowhere as easy as you make it sound.

That being said there's nothing wrong with vanilla necromancers being good at their niche.
>>
>>47691821
According to the improvised damage rules in the DMG getting hit with a horse-club should be at least 1d10
>>
>>47691843
This seems sensible
Thanks my guy
>>
>>47691823
A +2d6 magic weapon.

>>47691839
Applying homebrew origins is not even close to beginning to be an argument for "of course they're not as good as dragony as half dragons! xD"
>>
>>47691853
It's metagaming, which because it is a game is completely fine, as long as it doesn't detract from other aspects, like roleplaying. Telling your players "that guy hit you, yoiu're a bit more hurt now" isn't better for that, and good players will understand how it is in-character based on the damage, thus roleplaying better in situations. If they don't have the number there constantly then out of combat they'll RP as if on full, when they may be at half or something, and then you'd have to always remind them how damaged they are.
>>
>>47691853
There is really no difference between that and "I can take a couple more hits before I'm seriously hurt"
There is nothing wrong with knowing exactly how far they can push their bodies, in fact it makes perfect sense

Plus it's a lot more shit to keep track of and I have enough of that to begin with
>>
>>47691867
A horse is large size, so a club that size would be a club for a huge (at least) monster, doing 3d8 damage.
>>
>>47691708
Then they don't get buffed minions but do get buffed personal offence with their dual-target cantrips and bonus necrotic damage attacks and stuff.

It's a tradeoff. The two classes have the same idea, but approach it two different ways.
>>
>>47691900
Fair enough.
Thanks
>>
>>47691863
The "Horde of Undead" notion is mostly speculative, but the point stands that what is better than 4 skeletons? 8. What is better than 8? 12. Neither the DM nor player wants to fuck about with 12+ Skeletons, but just 4 basic skeletons are pretty garbage even with a slight increase to health if he goes Necromancer Wizard.

Or are the Skeletons more effective than they look?
>>
>>47691886
It's not homebrew, it's literally in the book that there isn't a distinct origin, and it's openly explained in FR (the most common campaign setting) that it isn't known. Are you just baiting at this point?
>>
>>47691867
>>47691909
Where are the rules for this?
>>
>>47691922
Do you even NEED a feat to basically go "Here skeletons, here are four shields and four pikes and four shiny breastplates to wear, enjoy!"
>>
>>47691909
A falling bookshelf is quoted as dealing 1d10 damage, and I would say the horse weighs about as much

Still, it does make sense the way you put it, but goliaths are treated as large for lifting purposes, so treating a horse as a huge club would give you disadvantage on the roll as per the weapon size rules

Now if you were a bear totem goliath barbarian I would totally allow using "huge" weapons
>>
>>47691969
DMG
>>
>>47691922
Two skeletons, two skeletal warhorses. Buy four lances, maybe some hand crossbows too. Make them do slapstick versions of whatever the fighter/paladin attempts, while you sit back and then end the fight two rounds later with Disintegrate or whatever.
>>
>>47691977
Not at all

I would still recommend inspiring leader so you can give the skeletons a rousing speech before battle, bolstering their resolve and will to fight (and HP)
>>
>>47691978
10d12 crits here I come.
>>
>>47691992
yeah im looking at that, where specifically. No table of contents section and neither does ctrl+f "improvised" go anywhere
>>
>>47692002
I now want to play a necromancer wizard that pretends to be a squire for a skeleton knight
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-09-09-51-42.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-09-09-51-42.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
>>47692016
Here you go anon
>>
>>47692016
>>
File: 1464835926287.jpg (130 KB, 525x809) Image search: [Google]
1464835926287.jpg
130 KB, 525x809
>>47691978
>a horse weighs as much as a bookshelf

Anon, a horse weighs a ton.

Literally. They weigh one ton.

And thats not even going over the difference between "falling over" and "being swung"
>>
>>47692070
Horses don't weigh any one value, that's a huge generalisation in itself.
Agree with you otherwise though.
>>
>>47692047
>>47692053
Danke
>>
>>47692116
Fine, its the average weight of a horse. If you were to wield a horse as a weapon im pretty sure you would use its average weight unless the DM has some specific idea about the size of the regions horses
>>
>>47689294
I toned down Talon from LMoP (way too many magic items in this module...) to instead only attune and grant its bonus if the wielder is fighting a heroic last Stand. Afterwards it behaves like a regular +1 longsword but this way I don't give my players a +1 weapon at level 2. Also anyone who falls to 0 hp while wielding Talon automatically passes one death saving throw.
>>
>>47691500
That's a good idea, thanks.
>>
What would your ideal evil adventuring party be, supposing a 4 man band? I'm thinking LE fighter, GOOlock, Death Domain Cleric and an assassin rogue.
>>
>>47692142
>too many magic items

I've noticed that. The DMG guidelines for magic items and rarity completely do not match up with the loot for any of the published adventures so far.
>>
File: huge.jpg (27 KB, 635x311) Image search: [Google]
huge.jpg
27 KB, 635x311
>a bear totem goliath with 20 strength can only carry 1200 pounds

Pretty limp dick to be honest family.
>>
>>47692010
Or even better, one other party member is dnd oath breaker paladin with inspiring feat. Adding level and cha to temp hit points and cha to damage in addition to wizard buffs. Shame they suck for reach since low strength but you can still give em each a rapier and shield and call it a day.
>>
>>47692179
Evil paladins, druids and monks can be interesting, otherwise the wizard is a staple.
>>
There is always a tinker type NPC that I like to give my players access to. One time, I sold a PC a makeshift taser made with a hand crossbow charged by an electrum battery. The battery hat to be switched for a new one each time, dealt aditional electric damage, and the target had to pass a small fort save or be stunned.
>>
>>47692221
That's a respectable amount of weight to just walk around with

They can push, drag and lift 2400 pounds if they move slowly without a check
>>
>>47692288
Well yeah but you arent going to use 2400 pounds as a weapon.

a thousand pound weapon is pretty poor.
>>
>>47692221
What, carrying it at all, just across a room or so, or carrying that much as you walk around more or less normally?

Here's str18 and 710lbs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOGLK7uYunc
>>
>>47692236
Between a Tomelock and a Cleric do you need a wizard? Feels like all the necessary rituals will be handled
>>
>>47692331
1200 is casual carry weight. Your "inventory space"
>>
>>47692339
I meant more in fluff, as for party composition I don't think that's a huge thing in 5e, never really was in D&D as a whole. I think for a standard party a wizard instead of GOOlock makes more sense, so you have the 4 basic classes.
>>
What's the best race and possible multiclass for a booming blade swashbuckler? Half-elf with the alternate racial trait gets me the cantrip easiest, but warlock is still amazing as a dip.
>>
>>47692305
It's really not though

None but the most dedicated weightlifters can lift 1000 pounds on their max bench, squat and deadlift combined

Swinging that kind of weight around with any kind of skill is superhuman
>>
>>47692425
Human works. Magic Initiate (Sorcerer) from your racial feat, for charisma-based Booming Blade, a 1st level spell, and another cantrip.
>>
>>47692462
Actually, Magic Initiate (Warlock) for Booming Blade, Prestidigitation, and Hex.
>>
>>47692140
>the average weight of a horse is one ton (1000kg)

1000kg is an EXTREMELY large draft horse, the average weight for your regular horsie horse would be 5-600kg.

t. someone who grew up on a horse farm
>>
>>47691923
>it's literally in the book that there isn't a distinct origin

Its literally in the book that they come from dragon eggs, which is literally twice the dragoniness of a half dragon. Lets not pretend there's lore justification to consider the half dragon more dragony, however you view it.
>>
File: 1464507772599.webm (3 MB, 1280x526) Image search: [Google]
1464507772599.webm
3 MB, 1280x526
>>47692221
it's just one of the quirks of bounded accuracy. a barbarian with 24 STR can lift (but not carry) 720lbs, which is considerably below the real world record of 1015lbs. in fact even with a belt of storm giant strength, which gives you 29 STR, you can only lift 870lbs. you'd actually need a godlike STR score of 33 to pull off the world record.

of course, you can use STR checks to cover those scenarios. but with the strength of a storm giant you might expect to lift that kind of weight without much trouble. and if you need a STR check to lift it, you're going to have even more trouble trying to carry or throw it.
>>
>>47692179
The obvious is:
1. Necromancer
2. Oathbreaker Paladin
3. The Sorcerer-Warlock That Tends To Show Up In 5e: Now With Justification
4. The Obligatory Dick Ass Thief/Assassin
>>
>>47692662
>come from dragon eggs
That's not a whole origin. Dragon eggs could be magically made to open up and there are humans inside, especially if it's a god doing it. I'm not even arguing that half-dragons should be more dragon-y than dragonborn, just that they should be more towards dragons than they currently are (colored skin, tail and dragon head, just look how human the hands are). The dragonborn looking more humanoid is fine because they're not explicitly half dragon half human, and there are a variety of justifications for it.
>>
What are some good uses for the Mobile feat as a Land Druid? Thinking of some Flame Blade shenanigans, but his AC is really shit without Barkskin.

There's also the obvious Mobile + Warhorse (60ft) + Haste (Dashx2) + Longstrider to enter and win horse races.
>>
>>47692719

>I'm not even arguing that half-dragons should be more dragon-y than dragonborn,

Okay then.
>>
>>47692767
*In fluff
Happy?
>>
>>47692707
Size also factors into things though

A storm giant has a strength of 29, which would normally mean he can only lift 435, if the giant was large he could carry 870, but storm giants are huge so they can comfortably carry around 1740 pounds

Similarly, a level 20 bear totem goliath barbarian with 24 strength can carry 576 pounds normally and 1152 while raging (because he counts as large)

There is also the matter of endurance, a D&D creature can carry those weights practically forever
>>
>>47692765
Isn't the point of Mobile to not get hit, so AC isn't all that important? Just cast Longstrider if you think trouble is around the corner for an extra 10ft movement, 50ft total (or 55ft if you're a pansy elf).
>>
>>47692786
I was talking mechanically, as using nonexistent fluff to justify mechanics tweaks is largely nonsensical.
>>
File: dndclassbalance3.png (274 KB, 2994x1477) Image search: [Google]
dndclassbalance3.png
274 KB, 2994x1477
>>
>>47692826
Fun fact, a bear totem goliath barb with 24 strength can outlift a hill, frost and stone giants while raging, they are only slightly weaker than a fire giant
>>
Are they not doing unearthed arcana anymore?
>>
>>47692908
There is currently an incredibly dumb bear totem goliath barb with tavern brawler in my D&D group, should I be worried?
>>
>>47692880
>sure casters are weaker than in any edition prior
>b-but casters can teleport and raise dead...

Man, whiny, entitled players like the guy who made this would fucking shit their pants if they had to play AD&D, BECMI, or god forbid OD&D.

3e has completely destroyed you people's understanding of RPGs. Perhaps FATE is more your cup of tea?
>>
>>47692857
Dragonborn are mutant underdeveloped dragons (the baby corn of dragons)

Half-dragons are halfbreed
>>
>>47692908
Those dudes are weaksauce

>>47692923
Depends how you feel about carriages and their usage as weaponry
>>
>>47692923
Depends, are you the DM? If so I'm telling you right now, start figuring out how much things weigh and how much damage they would do if smashed over someone's head
>>
>>47692965
To add onto this, ask your players how much their character weighs
>>
>>47692826
>Size also factors into things though

right, but we're talking about weights that real humans can lift. if you are considerably stronger than any real human (we're talking about someone with 29 STR), you would expect to be able to lift those weights reliably. keep in mind that we're not even talking about carrying weights, just lifting them, which still imposes a penalty on your character by slowing them down.

>There is also the matter of endurance, a D&D creature can carry those weights practically forever

that's more because the game doesn't cover endurance. it's like saying a D&D creature never has to shit, it's not really an ability as something wisely omitted by the rules.
>>
File: 1463620838615.gif (3 MB, 195x295) Image search: [Google]
1463620838615.gif
3 MB, 195x295
>>47692880
This problem is literally unsolvable without reducing magic to replicating the effects of things mundane people can already do. It is therefore not solvable without making a game that nobody will want to play, like 4e.

This tired demand that all people must be capable of all of the same things otherwise nobody can have fun is boring, empirically untrue, and increasingly reminds me of Marxists whining about other people owning property. Being able to construct scenarios in your mind in which nobody has any fun doesn't make those scenarios real, it just makes you a person with too much free time who clearly never gets to have fun.

Thankfully we ignored you for years during the Edition Wars, which is why we got to have fun and you got to grow increasingly embittered as your shit game was outsold by a magazine retrohack. Now, after they have abandoned your crappy MMO-lite and returned to form, you still complain? Go play GURPS if you are so obsessed with the inequities of tabletop gaming you cuck, if I wanted to listen to a bitch of nerds with no jobs bitching about everyone being the same I'd go to /leftypol/.
>>
>>47692930
Actually, playing other games has informed my understanding of RPGs. Wizards don't have to be more powerful and more versatile than warriors. That's definitely a DnD thing.

Look at the new Star Wars RPG. Jedi and Non Jedi characters can coexist in parties in that game without one completely outshining the other. And it's such a simple fix too.

Wizards in DnD gain skill proficiency at the same rate as any other class does. But in the Star Wars RPG, developing Jedi powers costs the same resource as developing powers that help you with hacking computers, piloting a ship, or talking with people. So there's a bit of mutual exclusion there: more powerful jedi will naturally tend to be less able to navigate the skills system, because their study of jedi powers has prevented them from developing their other skills.

DnD 6e should do the same. Anyone can learn spells and cast them. Anyone can learn skills and use them. But doing either costs the same resource as the other, so there's a natural balance.
>>
>>47692965
I'm not the DM, I'm the kind Druid that gives the stupid Barb goodberries whenever he's hurt, so my character's probably last on his to-hurt list. I've also started to Haste him, which makes for a fairly impressive display.

So far his favorite implements have been doors and whatever unlucky enemy henchmen he can grab a hold of.
>>
>>47692978
Yeah, and find out the weight of every NPC and enemy too

And their respective damage dice
>>
>>47692857
What, I never suggested mechanical change. I suggested that half-dragons should look more like dragons, because currently they have a dragon-like head and tail and red skin but their hands especially look very human.
>>
>>47692982
Wrong on all accounts.

Though I wouldn't be playing 5e if I could convince my current otherwise perfect group to learn a system other than 5e.
>>
>>47692983
Eh, other systems do that already, for a D20 one there's M&M
>>
>>47692979
I get your point, and I agree, just pointing out the difference might bot be as egregious as you originally put it

>a D&D creature never has to shit
Maybe in your campaign! :^)
>>
>>47692983
>Actually, playing other games has informed my understanding of RPGs

Mine too. I've noticed in probably 99% of cases, wizards >>>>> warriors drastically moreso than in, say, 3e.

>That's definitely a DnD thing.

And a Star Wars thing (all but the latest -- allegedly, I will take your word ofr it). And an Exalted thing (not fair since lacking enlightened essence makes you intrinsically shittier). And a Mage thing. And a RuneQuest thing.

In the vast majority of RPGs, either there's no concession for not being a caster at all, or the concession is... you don't have to spend XP/etc on magic.

>DnD 6e should do the same.

Nope. Take your cancerous entitlement mentality elsewhere, friend.
>>
>>47692982
Is that a cattle prod? Poor kid
>>
>>47693018
Most systems do it, because most systems fixed the mage/martial problem years ago. DnD, for whatever reason, just doubles down on it, while usually making the game more complicated to boot.

I think it's mostly a market thing. DnD is attracted to people who want power trips and enjoy optimization, but also aren't intelligent, so they offer them the caster classes.

Casters are objectively better, but these grognards convince themselves that they aren't, that they're balanced, and it's only by their pure intellect that they've managed to select spells and be the best player in the game at any non combat situation.

If the caster/martial problem was solved and DnD classes were balanced, DnD would lose the grognard population.
>>
>>47693086
>Most systems do it, because most systems fixed the mage/martial problem years ago.

If by most you mean very, very few.

Nice bait, by the way.
>>
>>47693086
5e is pretty good.
>>
>>47693143
Yes, 5e is pretty good. It's probably my favorite system of DnD, and I find that the class design is the best of it so far. I just wish it was better.
>>
File: tumblr_o7ch5q1YLi1s662lpo1_1280.jpg (157 KB, 1280x806) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7ch5q1YLi1s662lpo1_1280.jpg
157 KB, 1280x806
Haven't played yet, but I'm essentially gonna be playing a Bloodborne hunter in a witcher-esque world. Pic related is the weapons/fighting style I plan to give my char, but I'm struggling to come up with ideas for "trick weapons". Anyone got any ideas on some trick weapons/heavily engineered gear a Van Helsing sort of character should make and carry?
>>
>>47693161
Why do you need to come up with trick weapons when you have the Abyss Watcher weapons?
>>
Quick Question:
Does my Arcane Fokus need a Free Hand?
Also can my Arcane Fokus be the next best magical Quaterstaff I find?
>>
>>47693086
>most systems
Hardly any. 4th and 5th edition D&D are more balanced magic wise than most RPGs that are currently out.
>>
>>47693179
Because why not? Bladed weapons aren't gonna cut it when I've got to deal with things that are resistant, plus my character I made for the campaign is a bit of a tinkerer.
>>
>>47693190
Sort of. You can wield a 2-handed weapon and still use the focus in your offhand, because it's easy to just hold the weapon with oe hand.

You can't dual wield and shove a focus in people's faces at the same time.
>>
>>47693208
I guess you can just ape the ones from Bloodborne. Stake Driver for piercing damage and Logarius Wheel for blunt.
>>
>>47693213
But if i use a Quaterstaff in one Hand and my Arcane Fokus in the other i couldnt perform the Somatic Components of every Spell (without the Warcaster feat) because i have no free hands anymore
>>
File: read nigga.png (215 KB, 360x254) Image search: [Google]
read nigga.png
215 KB, 360x254
>>47693259
Why is everyone in this general fucking illiterate?
>>
>>47693208
Rapier/whip for that cane thing
Battleaxe/glaive for the cleaver thing

It's not hard, usually you can stow a weapon and draw another as part of your attacks so that would be the "trick" just ask your DM if you can fluff it as a 2-in-one weapon

Some anon recommended it a while back and I'll be using it, giving my players some "trick weapons" on CoS
>>
>>47693255
>>47693308
Alright will do, thanks for the suggestions.
>>
Should I stay away from Ice Knife if three party members are melee? The save applying to everyone seems like I'd be dicking them over regularly with it, but I rolled a white dragon bloodline sorcerer so it'd be appropriate to use.
>>
>>47692594
>not using freedom units
>>
>>47693517
907kg is still not an average horse.
>>
File: 1462171994895.jpg (18 KB, 270x320) Image search: [Google]
1462171994895.jpg
18 KB, 270x320
Where can i find the rules for using a large weapon as a medium creature? Yknow for science?
>>
>>47693592
You just have disadvantage on attacks
>>
>>47689294
Has anyone tried this http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/123270/Ghosts-of-Dragonspear-Castle-DD-Next?hot60=1&src=hottest_filtered&filters=0_2110_45189_0_0

??
>>
>>47693477
Just do it.
>>
>>47693454
Generally the trick weapons can be boiled down to
>small weapon that becomes a great weapon or two weapons
>weapon with mechanical features for an additional/varied attack
>gimmick weapon(Tonitrus adds lightning, Wheel drains health for greater damage)
>>
>>47689294
Got my dm to make me a chain link spear for my monk/battlemaster.
I could freely switch it between spear and whip when i needed reach.
>>
My DM is letting us do some op shit like I'm a Goliath barbarian and I'm learning several fighting styles, and am using a fullblade, 2d8, this guy will let you do just about anything he asks, any ideas?
>>
>>47693831
Become a werebear
>>
>>47693875
Hell, I'm not even sure if that does anything.
>>
>>47693592
>>47692053
>>
>>47693831
How exactly? You just say you want something? Or the thing of "yeah I inherited this +3 sword from my papa"?
>>
>>47693831
Ask for a potion of tarrasque

In all aspects except physical you are the tarrasque
>>
I'm wanting to play a life cleric in the next campaign I do with some friends. Is it viable to just pump up my wisdom and rely on my spells for damage instead of weapons? If I did this, what other stats should I look to try and bump up as quickly as possible?
>>
>>47693994
Say shit "Hey I want to learn how to dualwield greatswords, hey I have 20 STR can I use this fullblade and a shield? Hey...." I'm thinking about asking for Brute which lets me deal an extra die roll of damage.
>>47694004
Fuck it, I'll ask for that.

All this gives me an idea, learn how to Siege Damage.
>>
>>47693982
Baseed off this the aforementioned horse would be two dice not three, right? Since the horse is a large creature and is now a large weapon
>>
>>47694047
Large weapons are normal-sized weapons compared to large creatures. So a Large giant would wield a large sword. A large horse would maybe be the size of a Huge (or even bigger) greatsword, though it's really up to the GM in so many respects. I'd just have it be an improvised weapon since it doesn't work as a club or sword, and follow the >>47692047 rules. If it's deemed to be as effective as a Huge greataxe (3d12+str) then 4d10 can be used, or just 2d10 which is the equivalent of a Large longsword, which being a strong motherfucker it makes sense to not get disadvantage on now and then.
>>
>>47694019
Life cleric bonus damage is on melee hits and not on cantrips. So you're better off keeping a bit of strength to hit stuff with
>>
I just found out that Totem Barbarians get to choose which benefit they get each level instead of being locked into one.

Does anyone else find this kind of odd? I mean, you can have a Bear Totem barbarian who just starts flying out of nowhere
>>
>>47694173
Thanks mate
>>
If a monster grabs a mid sized creature and uses it as a weapon how much damage does he inflicts?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.