[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/btg/ - BattleTech General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: social pimp.png (611 KB, 677x507) Image search: [Google]
social pimp.png
611 KB, 677x507
/btg/ is dead, long live /btg/!

We pimpin' edition

Old Thread: >>47380173

===================================
First Succession War
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dp9iiecoaz4c29k/E-CAT35235_BattleTech+First+Succession+War.pdf

TtS: Brownsville
https://mega.nz/#!7xMngZBR!d0Ayoy_8rDrtsXZ7-M6wGPrmDq8O8F5_0d4G8dkLxzM
===================================

>/btg/ does a TRO:
http://builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
http://pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

>Overview of the major factions?
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out what BattleMechs a faction has?
http://masterunitlist.info/

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
http://bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Rookie guides
http://pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
http://megamek.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
http://megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9q792hobnbpw3/Battletech
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
>>
let me hold your butte
>>
>>47413920
let me bone your brownvile, Norman
>>
>>47413938
Bob!
>>
File: purple burd wiafu.jpg (98 KB, 846x1227) Image search: [Google]
purple burd wiafu.jpg
98 KB, 846x1227
Best Gurl
>>
>>47413987
The FWL should be a group of waifus.
>>
>>47414027
But they're slavfus. They would try and kill each other.
>>
>>47414096
Only the Marik Commonwealth is really slavs (among other major groups like Austrians and Hungarians), and its more westernised West Slavs (Czechs, Slovaks).

Regulus is Indian mixed with east Asian and European groups. Oriente is Greek and Spanish, I believe. Andurien is Italian (which explains their losing wars). Tamarind is Spanish and French, iirc. And then there's all the other provinces.

Should be a harem.
>>
File: 1463008210010.png (75 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1463008210010.png
75 KB, 400x300
Why aren't Objectives: Periphery and The Clans on MediaFire?
>>
>>47414027
>>
>>47414177
but they are
>>
>>47414177
They should be on now. I know Periphery wasn't but I thought it got added a couple weeks ago.
>>
PBW is well established, but what about waifus for other factions?
>>
>>47414165
So we've got two national shows down.
What about the Combine and the Commonwealth? What would their iconic childrens' show/propaganda piece be?
>>
>>47414165
>harem anime with Thomas as protag
YES
>>
>>47414428
How about a harem series with all the state waifus?
The protagonist is victor, of course
>>
File: dense motherfucker.jpg (51 KB, 411x521) Image search: [Google]
dense motherfucker.jpg
51 KB, 411x521
>>47414512
>>
>>47414572
>Victor joins up with the RotS
POTTERY
>>
>>47414572
>missing the joke this hard
>>
File: 7_ayyyy.jpg (147 KB, 1087x611) Image search: [Google]
7_ayyyy.jpg
147 KB, 1087x611
I finally got a chance to read Operation Klondike. I'm enjoying the little references so far.

>Babylon VI
>known as Sinclair
>Star Captain Brucalter Sheridan
Very good.
>>
>>47414706
>tfw Sinclair had to go after season 1
>tfw no Ivanova in season 5
>>
>>47414762
Let's be honest, B5 G'kar and Londo were the best parts of B5
>>
File: 57023256_p0.jpg (287 KB, 760x1000) Image search: [Google]
57023256_p0.jpg
287 KB, 760x1000
>>47414257
Thank you
>>
>>47414762
tfw it turned out that the guy playing Sinclair had to stop because he was having paranoid delusions, and wouldn't let production of the show be stopped just for his sake whilst he got treatment, but none of that was confirmed until after he died in 2012.

God damn that show had some of the worst luck going when it comes to production.
>>
Why don'te we have more Force Creation Challenges? I was reading the ASC force creation rules and I was interested in creating my own.

anyone have interesting ideas? I would like to see any modern forces (Jihad or Dark Age, company size) but anything is fine
>>
>>47413544
>performing a grand slam with a... fuck i dont remember. light mech with unbalanced jumpjets (has unbalanced quirk)
>Jumped up and punched a heli, managed to kill it with the punch too. cue space jam music.
Sounds like a Javelin.

My very first game, they gave me a Catapult. Told me to hang back and play cavalry. Fifteen turns later, my bins are empty, my side torsos are shot out, and I'm venting plasma. I turn to the ref and go "man, I can jump with this thing, and kick with it.. can I jump-kick someone?"
Landed the DFA, blew my own leg and the Whammy's head off, and I've never looked back. Still have that Catapult, too - they gave it to me after the game for pulling out the win.
>>
>>47414308
>What about the Combine and the Commonwealth? What would their iconic childrens' show/propaganda piece be?

Well for the Combine it would be a show about Mechs personified as girls.
>>
>>47415125
I'd tell you about the Capellan show, but you wouldn'tve seen it.
>>
Curious, but when Omni-Mechs are superior, why do the Clans keep fielding the Star League era designs like the Atlas and Crab outside of respect for SLDF designs?

Are they easier to produce or something?
>>
>>47415416
>Are they easier to produce or something?
Bingo.
And they only really use them in second-line units
>>
>>47415416
I've never really seen omni mechs as that superior to well designed normal mechs, but otherwise yes. Even clans sometimes have to work with at least the vague idea that they can't afford everything being omnimechs, and the upgraded old designs work well enough.
>>
File: Tomoboshi - Night Gyr.jpg (865 KB, 507x1024) Image search: [Google]
Tomoboshi - Night Gyr.jpg
865 KB, 507x1024
>>47415416
>Are they easier to produce or something?
Yup. Cheaper, too - by a very considerable margin. They generally reserve the Omnis for frontliners, and it's considered the mark of a brokeass or unlucky clan to even have non-omnis there until later in the Invasion. They weren't using many Star League designs at that point, but they'd cached huge numbers during the Golden Century and started dragging them out and upgrading them once shit got desperate in the Jihad and Reavings.

You'd be most likely to see a Star League design being used by a grunt MechWarrior in the reserve/garrison clusters of most clans, or a decent one in small, poor Clans like the Spirits. IICs and new-manufacture second-liners go to good reservists and bottom-rung frontliners. It's actually pretty noteworthy to see a Bloodnamed warrior or a frontline officer in anything >but< an Omni, even in the poor Clans. That's a matter of prestige, and they trial viciously for them (unless the IIC is directly connected with a founder, like the Wolfs and the Orion IIC.)
>>
File: Dragon-chan.png (760 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-chan.png
760 KB, 1600x1600
>>47415639
>Tomoboshi
Excellent taste.

But Dragon is best girl.
>>
>>47415125
Fuck, I just got an idea.
Waifu design challenge: take your top five favorite mechs and make girl-ified versions of them
>>
In wake of the recent Raven treachery on the Sun's border, would it be a major blow to the Raven Alliance if the Federated Suns ceased trading with that nation?
>>
>>47416122
Probably. IIRC, without the suns, the ravens would be down to Kurita and the taurians for trading partners, and neither would be even close to being able to make up for the loss of the Suns
>>
Our russian friends gave me some info that they'll hopefully have new 'mechs coming this summer.

Highlander IIC is one of them.
Personally I'm hoping that the Griffin, Wolverine, Warhammer and Warhawk are part of those new releases.
>>
>>47416122

Depends. Hisgtorically, a faction's economic state only matters if the authors want it to for other reasons.

The Dracs' economy was shit-tier which prevented them from rolling out good high-techstuff like DHS.

The Lyrans had an awesome economy but didn't recover for shit after the FCCW.

Meanwhile the Suns had a shit-tier economy which suffered major damage but managed to deploy the highest-tech and best military of any faction, along with pulling over a dozen 3067-tech regiments out of its ass after the FCCW.

So if they want to cramp the Ravens' style, it'll matter. If they don't, it won't.
>>
>>47415125
I've said it before, but a mecha anime about a heroic battalion or regiment fighting the clans. Even the personalities could be picked out from Central Casting:

>a young unit leader from Sun Zhang (and a supporter of Teddy K's reforms) who's torn between doing his duty and caring for his unit whilst fighting the Clans (rides a Hatamoto-Chi)
>the hot-blooded one who always wants to get stuck in, goes for duels and as a result gets shot up regularly until he learns the value of Teamwork and possibly C3 (Wolverine-K)
>the big Rasalhagian guy, who everyone thinks is a brute but is really a big softie, also a great chef (Awesome)
>the onna-bugeisha who wants to prove that Women Can Fight Too, but since this is the DCMS she's stuck as the Communications Officer despite being from a good Samurai clan. (Cyclops)

>>47417875
If memory serves, the Dracs did have the tech to produce DHS, but they chose to put them in their ASFs, not in, say, the Panther. I fucking bet it's the Black Dragons behind this too. "SHS not DHS, baka."
>>
>>47418273

>If memory serves, the Dracs did have the tech to produce DHS, but they chose to put them in their ASFs, not in, say, the Panther.

The fluff says that since the Dracs had a limited ability to manufacture and deploy DHS due to their shit economy they chose to focus on upgrading their ASFs with them rather than their 'Mechs.

Drac ASFs with DHS are conspicuously absent during the Clan Invasion era, they're rarer than 'Mechs with DHS and there are also fewer ASFs by the numbers than there are 'Mechs.

So mostly it was just a "haha fuck you" thing.
>>
>>47418273
>but they chose to put them in their ASFs, not in, say, the Panther
>>47418273
Hey, they at least stuck them on the Grand Dragons. But clearly the Mauler and Charger 3Ks needed them more than the other core mech of the DCMS.
>>
>>47417436
Waiting on the Vindi and the Cyclops myself. Crossing my fingers. Once they get them, they'll get a fat order from me.
>>
>>47419210
Cyclops' mwo version is coming in august, so you'll probably be waiting until next year for it.

There's also no telling until the cucknadian jews temper tantrum them down.
>>
>>47418314
>So mostly it was just a "haha fuck you" thing.

Good. Dracs are intended as an NPC faction anyway; their reliance on SHS make them perfect for using as OPFOR that can give the real PCs trouble but not reliably defeat them. That's good game design - it's on you people if you keep insisting on using their gear for your actual PCs.
>>
>>47419272
>the cucknadian jews temper tantrum them down.
Well fuck you too buddy, no need to bring non-fictional nations into this.
>>
>>47419272
That's fine. They live in a place where a C&D won't do anything, so unless between then and now someone starts offering legal MWO sculpts in mini form, they're not going anywhere and I can be patient.
>>
>>47419335
Don't you have taurians to deliver paragraph shittantrums about while pretending to be more than one person and purple birds to do the same to?
>>
>>47419375

No, but I have ilClan writing to do, so I guess I can go do that. It's not like I'll get paid for it this decade anyway.
>>
>>47419375

You carry on like this and try to start shit, but insist everyone else is an autist.

Holy fuck.
>>
>>47420137
>insist everyone else is an autist.

Everyone else is.
>>
File: The Fox.png (629 KB, 800x1164) Image search: [Google]
The Fox.png
629 KB, 800x1164
How will Julian Davion save the Federation?
>>
>>47421575
I'm thinkin' Arby's
>>
File: food fight.jpg (185 KB, 916x569) Image search: [Google]
food fight.jpg
185 KB, 916x569
>>47421698
Might be more convenient than a Triple-F.
>>
And then again, a Triple-F only caused a few mercenaries to let off steam. Sometimes you get the difficult customers.
>>
>>47421575

Serious answer: Caps have already been BTFO and the Dracs are about to implode. He just has to wait and take advantage.
>>
>>47421575

Probably fix the problems with the AFFS thay years of neglect caused.

The situation is still largely reversible given what he has to work with and what he is facing.
>>
>>47422468

>Caps have already been BTFO

By who?
>>
>>47422490

By Julian. He blunted their attack and forced them to go after RotS worlds instead. This is clearly spelled out rather than vaguely hinted at in the TR 3150 fluff.
>>
>>47422570

That is news to me then as the only thing I've heard is that the capellans are no longer in control of New Sytris.

Not that they've been evicted from Sun's space or the Capellan March proper.
>>
>>47422641

What (other) planets have been re-taken by the Suns apart from New Syrtis wasn't said, but Julian's counter was successful enough that they've abandoned their assault on the Suns in favour of lower-hanging fruit.
>>
>>47419272
Jokes on you buddy.

> I'm wizard and thus can't be cucked.

> DE L'EGLISE Based captcha gives Canuckeheads Canuck locations.
>>
>>47414165
There are some slavic named planets in Steiner occupation zone :) damn krauts
>>
File: lyran private armies.jpg (134 KB, 555x571) Image search: [Google]
lyran private armies.jpg
134 KB, 555x571
So has this limit on Lyran nobles' private units ever been clarified elsewhere? IIRC neither the HB:HS or the Field Manual mentions where the cut-off point is for 'Mechs deemed no-no for nobs.

If it's 60 tons like that bit on the Tigers suggests, could a really rich noble have, say, a battalion of Locusts and Wasps and Griffins, as long as they don't cross that all-important line?
>>
How important is Detroit production-wise for the caps in 3150?
Say the MoC launches it's Sudden Yet Inevitable Betrayal and grabs detroit back, how badly would that hose the caps?
>>
>>47423991

Not very at all.

They have a ton of other sites that could pick up the slack. Some hiccups in the short term at most, and that's assuming ETERNAL XIN SHENG doesn't magically fix it any way.
>>
>>47423991

Given they have Victoria and (for the time being) Tikonov and the Free Worlds providing arms, Detroit probably wouldn't register as a dent in the Capellan war-industry.

Not to mention they've had decades to stockpile war-material.
>>
>>47423991
Not very. IF they were also able to take out Grand Base and maybe Menke (unlikely, unless they talked the calderons into letting them borrow the Quixote and went full jihad, which is not impossible but extremely unlikely), then you could get some fairly severe localized disruptions in the periphery border zone
>>
>>47424344
>Tikonov
Didn't the RoTS pull apart the mech factories on tikonov as per national tradition?
>>
File: Taihou.jpg (187 KB, 848x520) Image search: [Google]
Taihou.jpg
187 KB, 848x520
>>47415125
>>
>>47424476

>Didn't the RoTS pull apart the mech factories on tikonov as per national tradition?

Not well enough or not at all according to the Field Manual:

> Sarna and Tikonov Commonalities

>Early attempts to bolster the Republic’s defenses by reactivating BattleMech production lines on Nanking and Tikonov have backfired, as the Capellans have overrun both worlds and their output is now supplying the CCAF. Kallon-made Riflemans and Wolverines are now pouring into the Liao Guards and Cháng-Chéng, and the Tikonov Guards have made procurement of large numbers of Koscheis and Thunderbolts a point of pride. Long-time local manufacturers such as Hollis Incorporated and Tao ’MechWorks have recently ramped up production, but it appears that our past close scrutiny has kept output low until now. Increasing numbers of the older stealth Crusader indicate it may be back in production alongside the CRD-8L on Styk. House Liao has been lukewarm about adopting ’Mechs captured at New Hessen. Capellan forces have adopted a number of Rooks into frontline service, but captured Blades, have allegedly been shipped off-world to training units.

And in the Capellan 3145 Read Out:

> The Capellan Confederation Armed Forces have proven themselves more adept, more devious and more powerful than any pre-Blackout analysts suspected. Much of this success has come from carefully-hidden production facilities that never quite shut down, but the Liaos have also succored from the factories and stockpiles they’ve captured on Republic and Federated Suns worlds. The largesse of Victoria, New Syrtis, Tikonov and other worlds now feeds the Capellan war machine.

So apparently Tikonov is still cranking out Mechs.
>>
>>47426171
It's weird reading of the "Capellan war machine" and the CCAF has being a serious force.

So different from 90% of its history. Sun-Tzu really did save them.
>>
>>47426942

>Sun-Tzu really did save them.

That's an interesting way to spell Loren Coleman.
>>
>>47426977
Well I mean writers do determine everything for all the factions so there's no point blaming one person.
>>
File: Rifleman-5.jpg (402 KB, 1270x1000) Image search: [Google]
Rifleman-5.jpg
402 KB, 1270x1000
>>47422166
Reading about food crimes made me need to go out and get Wendys
>>
>>47426171
>Riflemans
Riflemen
>>
>>47426942

It's a definite refresher from most of what I've read about them as a faction.

In the past one of the CCAF's major problems against it's neighbors is that it's always been severely outnumbered.

Now it's the Capellans that are doing the outnumbering in some cases.
>>
>>47426977
Sun-tzu is Coleman's author avatar, so they're essentially the same thing.
>>
>>47427374
As a FedSuns player it does make for an interesting era. Gone are the days of mass RCTs, competent government and an infallible MIIO.
>>
>>47428016

>competent government

Which will be in order once Julian crosses the border to relieve Erik of the regency.

Still, I'm surprised the Federated Suns of all factions would allow the military to stagnate.

The fact that the Dragon came close to taking their capitol once before (and invaded a time before that over a succession issue) should have left them with an impetus never to be caught as off guard as they are now.
>>
>>47428016
>Gone are the days of mass RCTs, competent government and an infallible MIIO.
Sort of. They didn't leave the setting, they just moved next door
>>
>>47428132
>Which will be in order once Julian crosses the border to relieve Erik of the regency.
We'll have to see. I'm hoping but not assuming anything. After the last couple decades it's hard to assume the best.

>Still, I'm surprised the Federated Suns of all factions would allow the military to stagnate.
Damn Steiner-Davions. Thankfully we'll be finally rid of those swine. First Victor the absent, then Katherine the whore and finally Yvonne the incompetent.
Citizens for Davion Purity stronk.
>>
>>47428366

>Victor the absent

His absence is largely excusable given he was leading the Inner Sphere in a campaign of paying the Clans back in kind for their invasion and ending said invasion.

> Yvonne the incompetent

To be fair, she probably wasn't groomed for the throne and had little idea of how to manage it properly.

I recall reading that it was intended for Victor to rule over the throne of of the Federated Commonwealth and not his siblings.

And Harrison Davion wasn't that bad from what I've read of him. He had enough sense to know that leaving the Davion throne to Julian was wiser than leaving it to Caleb, who seized it and silenced Harrison before anyone was the wiser.
>>
Speaking of rules, I'd like to see what happens when Daoshen bites it, what with the personality cult and delusions of godhood and such.
Say it's 3151, and an angry pro-RoTS guy takes a shot at daoshen and actually manages to kill him. What happens?
>>
File: J Blake what the fuck up.png (395 KB, 960x402) Image search: [Google]
J Blake what the fuck up.png
395 KB, 960x402
My name is Jerome Blake, and I have to say, fuck the periphery.
>>
>>47428736

Well, I believe the throne of the Confederation passes to either Danai Liao-Centrella, Daoshen's sister or (possibly) Sun Tzu given I heard he's supposedly being preserved.
>>
>>47428609
Excuses are like assholes. Victor presided over Guerrero and left a feeble government in the hands of his retard youngest sister. He didn't even try to exercise his authority and retake it, instead letting the problem get worse. And obviously Yvonne wasn't groomed for the role, look at her record.

We're better off without their incompetent Steiner genes muddling things up.
>>
Has anyone ever run into fucked-up armor circles on record sheet PDFs like pic related? They seem to be rendering as text.

Is that just the way the unabridged record sheets are? I haven't played in a while, but I thought I remembered more nicely-aligned armor circles.
>>
>>47428769
Why would Jerome say that? ComStar did some of its biggest recruiting from the Periphery.
It's really more something a coward like Kerensky would say.
>>
>>47429234
I believe that's just how the record sheets are.
>>
>>47429262
Alright, thanks. I guess I'm just thinking of the newer printed books, which have them in neat rows.
>>
>>47428890
I meant more like since there's the whole 'immortal god-king cult' thing going on, which a good chunk of cappies (especially in the military IIRC) actually believe, what happens when the "immortal" fellow dies?
>>
>>47429678
He doesn't die, he ascends to a higher plane of existence to better lead the Capellan people.
>>
>>47429971
Xin Sheng!
>>
>>47428609
>To be fair, she probably wasn't groomed for the throne and had little idea of how to manage it properly.

Rules for Effective Interstellar Leaders #3: Remember to prepare your backups for the job.
>>
Curious, but how did Stephan Von Strang know the Jade Falcons were descendants of the Star League when they hit Strang's world?

Also, is there a picture of Von Strang out there?
>>
What is the Marian-Canopian conflict about exactly?
>>
>>47430495
Marians want the shekels, Canopians don't want to fug Roman cosplayers.
>>
>>47430336
More or less a lucky guess, caused by generations of STAR LEAGUE BAD and MUH PERIPHERY traditions.

Military force that isn't IS with a bunch of warships rolls up wanting to take over, and he's sitting in the general direction that Kerensky left in, he figures it must be the descendants of the Exodus and it's Reunification War 2.0.
>>
>>47430336

High tech, similar names, came from the same direction. May even have had SLN-looking WarShips with the same names used by the SLN.

>>47430495

Marians were wise to the fact that raiding the FWL or LC too much would piss them off and that they had the forces to spare to destroy them entirely. The Canopians, not so much.
>>
>>47430261

Like having them do law and political science at the Sphere's best university and surrounding them with the best and most loyal cadre of advisors possible?

Yvonne just gets fucked over because the writing requires Katherine to take the throne of the Suns and for the Suns to not be the pre-eminent power of the Dark Age, merely one competing for that title against the RotS and Capellans.
>>
>>47430687
>Yvonne just gets fucked over because the writing
well duh, that's the same reason anything happens. within the lore she's just an idiot and poor leader.
>>
>>47430737

Not really.

In the FCCW she gets screwed by the completely inexplicable and utterly indefensible way her council of advisors jumps to Katherine's side the moment Victor left. Like seriously, what the fuck.

After the Jihad everyone but Sun-Tzu derps it up in regards to their military, but the Suns has the best relationship with the RotS and strong ties to two Clans to make up for it.

The actual problem is Harrison Davion hamstringing the AFFS during his reign- seriously, he fucks it over big time- and then Caleb presiding over Palmyra.

Neither of which are her fault. But blame gets ascribed to her for whatever reason OOC, IC she mostly gets a bit of flak for the FCCW thing, but again when the council of advisors are unanimously like "You know that crazy chick who killed the former legal ruler of the FedCom, has no military service, and has been shit talking us for years? We should totally make her First Prince of the Federated Suns, literally nothing could possibly go wrong with that."
>>
>>47430964
>Not really.
Yes really. You can blame the writers for whatever ooc but ic she was an idiot. They were her calls to make and she fucked up. No need to be the Yvonne Internet Defence Force.
>>
>>47427234
I call my mechs the Big Mans.
>>
>>47430964
>In the FCCW she gets screwed by the completely inexplicable and utterly indefensible way her council of advisors jumps to Katherine's side the moment Victor left. Like seriously, what the fuck.
What?

Yvonne sent a personal message to Katherine asking her to come and rule. Her advisors didn't tell her to do it. Katherine just outmaneuvered her and made it so her top advisor, Tancred Sandoval, would be spending time on Robinson.
>>
>>47431155

She did that in part because she was under pressure to by her advisors.

And those same advisors who were specifically put in place to help keep Katherine as far away from the Suns throne as possible were all "FUCK YES BASED KATRINA, SAVE US AND BE FIRST PRINCE!"

Tancred wasn't even one of her advisors.

>>47431035

IC she wasn't *that* bad of an idiot. Her response to Katherine's opinion polls (and really, what the fuck? If opinion polls were enough to force changes like that why haven't they done so in the past, or again after that?) aside the FedSuns' economy and military were so savaged by twenty years worth of war it's not like she could have done much even if she (and three of the other five House lods) weren't committed to the Dark Age disarmament.

Remember until the later Dark Age stuff and CGL retconned it, everyone but the Capellans were fully committed to Stone's disarmament program.

I have no problem blaming people for the shit they're responsible for, it's just... well, blame them for the shit they're actually responsible for.
>>
>>47431461
>Tancred wasn't even one of her advisors.

>. Yvonne had not been so easy to play with, largely because Tancred Sandoval proved a shrewd advisor. Sandoval was Yvonne's political tillerman, steering her away from the traps Katrina had set. With him in place, her conquest of New Avalon would have been impossible.

sorry m8, hard to take you seriously when you're not too familiar with the fluff
>>
>>47431461

>everyone but the Capellans were fully committed to Stone's disarmament program

What about the Free World's remnants?

They aren't technically bound by it.
>>
>>47431505

AFAIK he had no official Court position, he was just a friend (who was trying to get into her pants). Nobody major like the Prince's Champion, head of intel, March Lords, or Marshall of the Armies did shit to help her out despite them being the ones who were meant to take care of that.

>>47431522

They might not have been officially subject to it but given the damage done by the Jihad and the implosion of the FWL it wasn't exactly as though they had any way of building up a massive army or stockpiling more gear than the Capellans any way.
>>
>>47431642
>AFAIK he had no official Court position

>Isis frowned at him. "You know as well as I do that twenty-five to thirty percent of Victor's worlds lie in the Draconis March region. The Sandoval family has long been wary of the Combine and has agitated against any alliance with the Combine because they believe the Combine cannot be trusted. Victor has appointed Tancred Sandoval as one of Yvonne Davion's advisors

At least read the books first man.
>>
>>47431702

Advisor =/= Court position. Was he the Prince's Champion, head of MIIO, Marshall of the Armies, or anything else? No?

Want to explain why he was the only one of Yvonne's advisors who did a single fucking thing to actually advise her or try to keep Katherine off the FedSuns' throne then?

Maybe the whole thing is just so retarded it's obviously bad writing even by BT standards?
>>
>>47431461
>everyone but the Capellans were fully committed to Stone's disarmament program.
Well, and the periphery. But it's not like any of them had much in the way of a military or military industry after the jihad
>>
>>47431791
>Was he the Prince's Champion, head of MIIO, Marshall of the Armies, or anything else? No?
What does it even matter?

He was an appointed member of the Prince's court as an advisor and Suns nobleman.

And besides it was still Yvonne who fucked up.

>Want to explain why he was the only one of Yvonne's advisors who did a single fucking thing to actually advise her or try to keep Katherine off the FedSuns' throne then?
Name one of these advisors you keep talking about. You didn't even know Tancred was her advisor so you're not really coming off as informed on this.
>>
>>47431461
>IC she wasn't *that* bad of an idiot.
Yeah she only fell for a some rigged polls and literally begged her sister (who had JUST stolen half the FedCom) to come to New Avalon and rule like her brother would be cool with it.

Dude have you even *read* any of the fluff about the FCCW her reign?
>>
>>47431831

>Well, and the periphery.

The Clans and Clan nations didn't really buy into it either.
>>
>>47431791
>Advisor =/= Court position.
When you're appointed to it by the First Prince himself, it IS a court position.
>>
>>47431461
>I have no problem blaming people for the shit they're responsible for, it's just... well, blame them for the shit they're actually responsible for.

That's what's being done. She handed the FedCom to Katherine on a platter (the words are that she literally begged Katherine to rule) and then signed up with a disarmament program for no reason.

She's being blamed for her retarded mistakes. I can't see why anyone would bother defending her when she was obviously incompetent and her own people mostly hated her.
>>
>>47431836

>Name one of these advisors you keep talking about.

>what is the Privy Council

The Privy Council advises the ruler of the Federated Suns. That's literally in it's job description on p. 14 of FM: FS. It has the Prince's Champion, the Marshal of the Armies, and head of MIIO and DMI on it.

You want *specific* names? George Hasek, Jackson Davion, and Ardan Sortek were on the council. Long-standing, proven Davion loyalists who were highly competent yet comprehensively failed to do anything to help her.
>>
>>47431945

>disarmament program

Didn't Hohiro and Adam also sign on for that?

Though it may be short-sided, I assumed many went along with the disarmament because they wanted to focus more on rebuilding badly mauled realms and no longer had the stomach for the violence that had punctuated the last two or three decades.
>>
>>47431867
I assumed that went without saying
>>
>>47432013

Shush autist it's objectively them being retards.

Seriously though I agree with you. But the groupthink of the thread demands we sperg out and not understand the context.
>>
What's everybody's favorite periphery-designed mech? Variant models unique to the periphery states count, but not variants shared with an inner sphere power or clan
>>
>>47432003
Now show me where they advised Yvonne to let Katherine take over. Page and line citation

Because coming from the guy who somehow didn't know Tancred was her top advisor, you sound like you're making it up as you go along.
>>
>>47432003
George Hasek was in the Capellan March HQ when Katherine took power, and was counted as one of her opponents. Are you even trying?
>>
>>47432003
Jackson Davion was appointed after Katherine took power.
>>
>>47432249
Does filvelt count as periphery? If so, the Hound. Otherwise, the Merlin
>>
>>47432265

>Now show me where they advised Yvonne to let Katherine take over. Page and line citation

Show me where they gave her any advice. Like at all.

Their job was to advise Yvonne and keep Katherine off the throne. They were selected for their jobs because of their skill and loyalty to the Suns and the Davion line, but immediately go into full derp mode for Katherine's benefit.

>>47432295

Still supposed to be on the Privy Council. And supposed to be smart, loyal, and dangerous to his enemies because Sovereign Justice retardation hadn't set in yet.
>>
>>47432471
>Show me where they gave her any advice. Like at all.
So you agree they didn't give her advice?

Hence her's the decision, her's the fuck up.

Or are you just dodging because literally nothing in the fluff has anyone in the Privy Council telling her to let Katherine rule? And because Katherine explicitly says it was Yvonne who personally begged her?

Debating lore with someone who hasn't even read it is a boring game.
>>
>>47432471
>Still supposed to be on the Privy Council.
In name, maybe. By tradition he likely had a deputy chairing his non-voting seat since Hasek tended to stay in his March. Unfortunately neither he nor his aide would be able to psychically detect Yvonne's idiocy in inviting Katherine to seize power on New Avalon. Likely no one anticipated Yvonne was that retarded.525
>>
>>47432471
>Show me where they gave her any advice.

Sound like they weren't advisors then :D

Are you going to cite your claim or just shirk your own argument?
>>
>>47432249
I like the brigand
>>
>>47432538

This is the problem anon. Yvonne is supposed to be getting advice. Advice like "Ignore the opinion polls, they're shit."

Advice like "Remember we expected Katherine to pull some shit. You're the Regent, your job is to sit on the throne until Victor gets back."

Advice like "Maybe this trouble is of Katherine's doing, remember the shit she pulled in the past. Like killing your mom."

If they were even doing their job at all it should never have happened. And if they had even the vaguest grasp on the Laws of Davion Succession (which, again, is literally part of their job) they never would have acclaimed Katherine the First Prince of the Federated Suns.

It is just massively bad writing coupled with incredibly out-of-character actions for everyone who isn't Katherine.
>>
>>47432701
Undoubtedly she got advice like that from people like Sortek and didn't listen.

That or her advisor's advisors didn't advise them well enough.

In the end it's her decision, she was the one placed in charge. She fucked up, she was an idiot. Sure some other people did too, but we're talking about her.
But Yvonne was set up like that from almost her first appearance. Really she was the one most accurately portrayed as an easily manipulated moron, hence why it's easy to blame her without resorting to whining about the writers.
>>
What's so terrible about the whole thinh is that victor could have chosen SO MANY better regents than yvonne
>>
>>47432773

Anyone else he chose would have been rused by her masterful opinion polls and begged her to take the throne in their place.

It had to happen for the plot they wanted to proceed.
>>
>>47431461
>She did that in part because she was under pressure to by her advisors

>>47432701
>This is the problem anon. Yvonne is supposed to be getting advice.

Can you make up your mind on your argument? Cuz all it seems you're doing is flip flopping between "her advisors told her to do it" and "her advisors didn't tell her NOT to do it" in an attempt to blame literally everyone but her.

Even though she was in charge and regardless of advice it's her decision.
>>
>>47432827
At least they went with the most believable idiot to fall for such a thing. She was the only character who didn't have to be retconned.
>>
>>47432854

I could have phrased that better. What I meant was that apparently nobody but Tancred was actually doing anything to help her, which put her under more pressure than she should have been give she was just a seat-warmer until Victor got back.

When the entire Privy Council declares in favour of Katherine as soon as she steps in it's also hard to believe that they weren't deliberately doing a bad job before that time too.
>>
>>47432919
Presumably most of the Privy Council had their own plates full given the commitment to Operation Bulldog. It was a distracted government with an easily manipulated girl in charge who apparently sought the advice of her sister over anyone in her brother's government.
>>
>>47432868

George Hasek had minimal characterisation at the time and Aaron Sandoval was pissed with Victor so Katherine could have flipped him easily, which she did in canon.

It's why I don't blame Yvonne so much, it's something that clearly only happens for OOC reasons and so many people involved act like utter retards just to make it happen since there's really no credible way for it to have happened at all.

They should have just left her in charge of the Suns with Victor accepting a permanent job as head of the SLDF and Precentor Martial to focus on the Clans, which he'd been a bit myopic about for a while. Then have the flashpoint for the Civil War be Omi or Arthur dying on top of Katherine's other shenanigans.

I don't mind the inevitability of the FCCW really, it's just badly set up.
>>
>>47433006
Hasek and Sandoval couldn't have stopped Yvonne anyway since they weren't on New Avalon.

Yvonne worked because from her very introduction she lacked confidence, was manipulated by Katherine, and fell for her ploys.

Yvonne being an idiot is the most believable part of the lead up to the FCCW. Things like Ardan Sortek going along with Yvonne's decision are the parts to wonder at.
>>
>>47431461
>She did that in part because she was under pressure to by her advisors.

Have you ever even read about the civil war?
>>
>>47433128

Have you even read this thread?

When I said advisors I meant the Privy Council, who are supposed to be advising her and which Tancred isn't a part of.

Also >>47432919.
>>
After a Clan warrior has achieved status as a Mech Warrior, can they forgo an Omni-Mech in favor of an original Star-League era design (with the appropriate upgrades)?

Also, whatever became of Kerensky's personal Orion, or the one he used to kick Amaris's door in?
>>
So the canon FCCW lead-up plot sucks.
Alright, let's brainstorm a better one, then
>>
>>47433196
One of the Kurtias had it for a while and I think you get a shit mech, then omni than SLDF mech for highest tier.
>>
>>47433223

>you get a shit mech

Those exist in the Clans?
>>
>>47433162
>Have you even read this thread?
Yeah, and I see you falsely claiming they told her to do it. Fucking retard.

And then claim Tancred was never one of her advisors even though he was specifically appointed by Victor. Someone beat me to quoting the line but anyway you must be a goddam moron to try this hard to argue a point you demonstrate to have barely any knowledge of. Bondsref yourself, my man.
>>
>>47433235
They took some junkers.
>>
>>47433235
They took some junkers.
>>
>>47433272

>They took some junkers.

Is that junkers by their standards or junkers by Inner Sphere standards?

Either way, what are they exactly?
>>
>>47433292
80% of SDFL rolled out so at least a few had to be shit even by IS standards.
>>
>>47433196

>After a Clan warrior has achieved status as a Mech Warrior, can they forgo an Omni-Mech in favor of an original Star-League era design (with the appropriate upgrades)?

Depends. At a certain point they get the political pull or Codex ranking to get assigned a near permanent ride. They can Trial for most things too. There's also bragging rights for winning with shittier equipment too.

>Also, whatever became of Kerensky's personal Orion, or the one he used to kick Amaris's door in?

Theodore Kurita was supposed to have it.

>>47433201

Victor puts Katherine on the Suns' throne and rules from Tharkad, since he was raised in the Lyran Commonwealth and is more worried about the Clans than he is about the Capellans or Dracs.

Katherine uses his absence and relative disregard for the Dracs and Capellans along with getting into Omi's pants to turn the Suns fully in her favour, after the requisite military experience. Possibly she serves in the medical corps to differentiate herself from Victor, IDK.

She doesn't steal the Lyran throne but the Skye region does declare independence while Victor's off fighting the Clans and she supports it citing the St. Ives Compact in Star League meetings.

FCCW goes hot when it's revealed she was the one who really killed Melissa Steiner and offs Arthur or Omi.
>>
>>47433343
But how would Vic win the civil war without the traditionally AFFS forces backing him? The Lyran half were the poor relations and lost.
>>
>>47433379

By reforming the LCAF with Morgan Kell's assistance and canning morons like Nondi Steiner that fucked everything up for the Lyrans. The disaffected could also join Free Skye.

You can also peel some of Katherine's support by having people in the Suns realising she's a legit psychopath (especially with proof she killed Melissa, and then either Yvonne or Arthur) and refusing to fight for her. They don't have to fight against her, they just have to not fight for her.
>>
>>47433196
>can they forgo an Omni-Mech in favor of an original Star-League era design (with the appropriate upgrades)?
Theoretically, probably. But it would be an extremely eccentric sort of thing to do
>>
>>47433379
>>47433430

Also one of the key things Katherine did that came back to bite her in the long term was replace anyone who didn't suck her metaphorical cock hard enough with people who did so with gusto regardless of whether they'd actually be any good at the job or not. An AFFS that's top-heavy with Nondi and Gallagher turbotards would help swing things in his favour.
>>
>>47433544
>it's a "Static defenses against the Clans" episode
Reminder that the Waco Rangers decided to try a Napoleonic advance against the Clans, then got pissed at the 10th Skye Rangers because they saved the unit.
>>
Last Sunday I had a glorious 3-man free-for-all at the LGS. It was 100 tons for each player on a pair of urban map.

Both of my opponents picked a team consisting of 1 65 tonne, and a 35 tonne. I went with a goddamn Atlas. There could be no mercy.

After about 4 turns of cat and mouse, I finally got my Atlas into melee with a Thunderbolt. While trading some damage with it, the Thunderbolt was left limping and nearly dead. Next turn my Atlas charged it, and fucking ripped both of its arms off, exploding its ammo in the process.

Next turn I shot a Jenner to death with all guns, while the Catapault and fourth mech(Which I can't remember the name of) moved into position to come at my rear armour, which was so far untouched.

The Catapault then decides to jump jet on top of a building adjacent to me. Shooting phase rolls around, and I roll 1,1 location for the first Medium Laser, and 1,1 location for the second medium laser. 11 Crit, 9 Crit. 3 Crits total to the center torso, destroying an Engine, an Engine, and finally an Engine. The Catapault then goes down from Perfect and pristine condition, to venting its reactor in no more than 2 medium lasers.

The next turn, I make a dash down the street while the fourth and final light mech gets behind me. Again, my ass-armour was pristine and untouched, so I eat a PPC that does nothing, and poke him with my ass lasers.

On the final turn, I rolled top for initiative, so I'm moving first. 2 steps forward, turn once.. Succeed pilot check. Turn twice. Succeed Pilot Check.. Turn thrice.. Succeed Pilot check. Thus leaving the Atlas staring down a huge swathe of the city, while my opponent's light mech has nowhere to escape.

All guns came out, everything. The light mech was then turned into molten slag by a whopping 30 points of overkill.
>>
>>47430261
What were rules #1 and #2?
>>
>>47434473

#1 Be Sun-Tzu Liao.
#2 Don't not be Sun-Tzu Liao.
>>
>>47433693

Although shooting the Catapult worked out in the end for you here remember that reducing a building's CF below the tonnage of anything standing on it will cause it to collapse, which can do a lot more damage from falling than you can deliver from shooting even if everything hits.

I've scored more than a few kills this way since for some reason people forget buildings are -4 to-hit and a 3-4 level drop from anything over 50 tons is more damage than you're likely to get in a single turn of firing at +3 or better TNs any way.

Best result I had was dumping a Daishi head-first from a level 3 building into a two-level sub-basement. My Nova H had fuck all chance of hitting it at 8 hexes (Base 3, I jumped +3, he jumped +2, long range +4, Heavy Laser +1 = 13) but shooting the Hardened building on 7s half my 10 HMLs should have hit statistically, which was enough to drop it to 100 CF or below. I wound up hitting with 8 of the 10, then the Daishi did 50 damage to itself on the Head-First table.

TL;DR: Moar collateral damage.
>>
File: Why do I exist.png (205 KB, 955x969) Image search: [Google]
Why do I exist.png
205 KB, 955x969
>>47433292
Well, the UrbanMech IIC is a thing.
>>
>>47434703
>sweaper
>>
Cutthroat Kitchen but with Battlemech design.

"The next sabotage I'll be auctioning off is the ability to steal half of one competitor's heat sinks! I think that's worth 500 c-bills, what do you say?."
>>
>>47434703
You pass butter.
>>
>>47435163
>Mechanics, I am in the mood for a classic Davion battlemech
60 seconds later
>Holy fuck, I forgot to grab any autocannons
>>
>>47435163
>>47435233
This makes me happy. I can see it being a blend of Cutthroat Kitchen and Robot Wars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xclzUDeziAY
>>
>>47435163
>>47435233
>the required ingredients are Blazers and Single Heat Sinks
>>
File: Challenge Accepted.png (60 KB, 936x1416) Image search: [Google]
Challenge Accepted.png
60 KB, 936x1416
>>47435543

OK.
>>
>>47435754
I can't believe you've done this
>>
>>47435754
what the fuck
>>
>>47435866

It wasn't that hard. That's what she said.

>>47435869

Heat-neutral GR+2 ER LLs at long range with a Boosted C3 for accuracy. In close, both the Blazers and run for TSM activation.

Granted keeping the TSM at the right heat point is a pain in the ass but if you're gonna go full retard, go full retard.
>>
So any tips on improving this?

Von Luckner Heavy Tank C
Mixed (Base IS)
75 tons
BV: 2,205
Cost: 11,368,875 C-bills

Movement: 3/5 (Tracked)
Engine: 225 XL

Internal: 40
Armor: 302 (Ferro-Fibrous)
Internal Armor
--------------------------------------
Front 8 90
Right 8 63
Left 8 63
Rear 8 40
Turret 8 46

Weapon Loc Heat
----------------------------------------
LRM 20 (Clan) FR 6
Ultra AC/20 (Clan) TU 7
Large Pulse Laser (Clan) TU 10
Streak SRM 6 (Clan) TU 4
Streak SRM 6 (Clan) TU 4

Ammo Loc Shots
----------------------------------------
Ultra AC/20 Ammo BD 5
Ultra AC/20 Ammo BD 5
Ultra AC/20 Ammo BD 5
Streak SRM 6 Ammo BD 15
LRM 20 Artemis-capable Ammo BD 6
LRM 20 Artemis-capable Ammo BD 6

Equipment Loc
----------------------------------
Artemis IV FCS FR
CASE BD
>>
File: VL-C.png (47 KB, 904x1236) Image search: [Google]
VL-C.png
47 KB, 904x1236
>>47436414

If you're gonna keep the A/C-20, consider dropping one S-SRM-6 and the LRM-20 in favour of a pair of LRM-15s with Artemis IV and 3 tons of ammo. It won't hurt your short-ranged firepower that much but will help at range- and at 3/5 you're not going anywhere fast anyway.

Otherwise have a look at the Royal variant and upgrading it, maybe like this.
>>
>>47436690
i dont think the royal variant is canon
>>
>>47436798

RS: Operation Klondike and the MUL disagree.
>>
File: 1392805463178.png (714 KB, 670x948) Image search: [Google]
1392805463178.png
714 KB, 670x948
Bumping with some art just because.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-25+at+11.13.24).png (13 KB, 280x619) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-25+at+11.13.24).png
13 KB, 280x619
>>47435543
good lord i dont know how to make this thing useful.
>>
File: Ts55f.jpg (67 KB, 1024x564) Image search: [Google]
Ts55f.jpg
67 KB, 1024x564
is there any 'modern' art for the crusader? ive found wyvern, crab and king crab all in similar styles. but cant seem to find anything for the crusader. I just got one in my AtB game.
>>
File: concept-warhammer-special.png (800 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
concept-warhammer-special.png
800 KB, 1000x1000
>>47437225
None that I know of.
>>
File: Crud surprise.jpg (155 KB, 771x701) Image search: [Google]
Crud surprise.jpg
155 KB, 771x701
>>47437225
I'm guessing three battles until that Crud explodes. Me, my fastest acquisition-to-destruction cycle of a Crusader was precisely zero. In one battle, I headcap a Crusader with literally no other damage, not even dents in armour. Despite my previous experience with Cruds, I salvage it, screw on a new head and cockpit, and put a Dispossessed pilot in it.

The very next battle sees the Crud take the field, fire off a couple of LRM salvos, and then explode in the approved manner when someone TACs the missile ammo.

On the other hand, sometimes you DO see something like this. I wanted to buy poor Júlio a beer after this.
>>
>>47436690
Oh thats meant for an urban variant.
>>
>The SLDF of 2765 was the greatest fighting force of all time. It was substantial, well-equipped, well-trained, disciplined and ruthless. The last is not something commonly associated with the Star League military— rose-tinted spectacles tend to result in their being regarded as knights in shining armor—but their rules of engagement were shaped by the Ares Conventions and the experiences of the Reunification War. It is easy to forget that the Conventions promoted the use of military force as a political tool and the SLDF’s policy tended towards establishing an overwhelming force, or failing that overwhelming firepower; if you could not intimidate the opposition, you made sure he did not get up again after you hit him. Furthermore, while they did not use them in the peacekeeping duties during the Star League, both the Regular Army and the Star League Navy were equipped with nuclear weapons and were well-versed in their use.

>In that context, Amaris’ brutality in the conquest of the Hegemony becomes less abhorrent; it wasn’t so much a case of the RWA using excessive force as it was the Rim Worlds forces getting in their knockout blows before the SLDF troops returned the favor. Matters did occasionally get out of hand (such as on Caph) but rarely reached the ferocity that would be seen in the “total war” of the First Succession War.

In hindsight picking a fight with the SLDF seems incredibly suicidal.
>>
>>47438020

>In hindsight picking a fight with the SLDF seems incredibly suicidal.

Revenge rarely makes much sense to anyone else.
>>
>>47438213
I mean for the many divisions of Rim Worlds troops and scores of warships. Really tight control that no one leaked anything at all. A presence on all 140-something Hegemony worlds, at all those systems' nadir and zenith jump points, on board and with a multitude of SLDF warships and bases, and not one person leaked. Impressive determination and use of political officers.
>>
File: crusader concept.jpg (54 KB, 204x221) Image search: [Google]
crusader concept.jpg
54 KB, 204x221
>>47437225
I dunno, I COULD probably try and modernize/ Debris-ize/ Shimmy-size the Crusader.
>>
>>47438634

FIAT

Is Loren a RWR fan too?
>>
>>47438923
The only way we'll ever know is if we see a New Rim Worlds Republic appear in 3150.
>>
>>47438983
Fuck it, I'm down.
>>
>>47438634

BT Opsec is pretty much binary. Either it never leaks (RWR, Wolf Dragoons, WoB) or everything is known to the enemy (ComStar in the Jihad, Dracs in 3050, Capellans in the 4th SW).

I really can't think of anything where a little bit was leaked, only when all of it was or none of it was.
>>
So with the Jade Falcons running amok and terrorizing the Lyran interior, is there any reason the Lyrans aren't resorting to tactical nukes?
>>
>>47438995
Would be kinda neat but I can't see how it would work, or where. Maybe a chunk of the peripherial Lyran state declares independence?

>>47439026
Good point.
>>
>>47439068

Because the Falcons are already being indiscriminate with war crimes and pissing them off would only make things worse?

Nukes have the potential to really fuck with BT plotlines, it's best to ignore them as much as possible, which most of the plot apart from the Jihad has done.
>>
What four mechs should I round out my Davion company with?

I've already got these:

>Victor
>Orion
>Crusader
>Thunderbolt
>Grasshopper
>Rifleman
>Ostsol
>Ostroc
>>
>>47439466
Enforcer, Centurion, and two other Mediums.
>>
>>47439466
What anon at >>47439480 said, and I recommend a Dervish and Phoenix Hawk-1D or Blackjack-1DB for the other mediums. Also, switching the Rifleman for a Jägermech would be Extra Davion.
>>
>>47439480
>>47439553
Those are some good medium options. Enforcer and Centurion for certain. Hard to pick between the Dervish, Phoenix Hawk and Blackjack.
>>
>>47439068
Because that would REMOVE CLAN way too fast to be interesting
>>
>>47438020
>In hindsight picking a fight with the SLDF seems incredibly suicidal.
And yet, Amaris brought the whole damn thing to it's knees and came very, very close to managing 100% mutual destruction
>>
What exactly is the point of HAGs?

Its role overlaps with LRMs. You can have 2 LRM-20s for every HAG/20...sure, its not affected by AMS/ECM but you only outdamage LRMs if the target has both AND you are at short range.
>>
>>47440206
They are 200% murder on anything with wings, for one thing
>>
>>47440197

If still having enough WarShips and 'Mechs to faceroll any one, possibly two of the Great Houses is "mutual destruction" I'd hate to think what a win would look like.
>>
>>47440488
It looks like there's still a Terran Hegemony on the map is what it looks like
>>
>>47439120
>pissing them off would only make things worse?
I've never understood this line of apologetics for magical lack of retaliation.
Fact is, the falcons REALLY COULDN'T atrocity much harder even if they tried, and going to nukes would destroy their ability to deliver those warcrimes a LOT faster than the falcons could jack up the intensity anyhow
>>
>>47440684

The Falcons could break out nukes too.
>>
>>47439120

>make things worse?

So poisoning the water worlds depend on, bombarding worlds from orbit and settlements isn't bad enough already?
>>
>>47440847
>The Falcons could break out nukes too.
What nukes? They're clanners, they gave em all up centuries back
>>
>>47440847

They're already doing worse than that.
>>
>>47440847
In a war of nuclear attrition it's not like the Falcons have a lot to spare. They probably only have around 7,000 warriors of all kinds at the most.
>>
>>47440847
That wouldn't help them any. When it goes to nukes, it becomes purely about the number of warm bodies and delivery systems that you can field. And do you know what? The lyrans got do many more of each that it isn't even funny
>>
Could you design an all energy weapon version of the King Crab or an artillery version and still have it be effective?

I remember someone mentioning one of the faults of the King Crab was it's ammunition expenditure in battle.
>>
>>47440343
strange, sarna says they dont get any to hit bonus?
>>
>>47441111
Nice quads. I'd love an all energy one for a few reasons. I've grown to HATE that mech because it's so damn good and it's cursed by the dice by me. I've had so many ammo pops psr fails etc.

It's a big tank of a mech I think some blasers rack of LPPCs some caps and some pluses could be a hell of a boat.
>>
File: King Crab Sniper.png (58 KB, 944x1376) Image search: [Google]
King Crab Sniper.png
58 KB, 944x1376
>>47440870

That's what they do when not in full tard rage mode.

>>47440887

>What nukes?

The Clans have nukes. The Falcons even equipped the Red Corsair with one back in the day to make sure nobody could prove she was theirs.

>>47440926

The Lyran military's tiny as well, especially after the Clan spitroast and the failed offensive against the League.

>>47440928

Falcons have WarShips and ASF. The Lyrans are pretty limited on both.

Warm bodies is another area where the game breaks down because of insurgencies. We're only going to go down a spiral of what we think is or isn't realistic if we try to pursue that, but the answer as far as canon goes is that standing militaries are the only things that matter 99.99% of the time any way.

>>47441157

They're Flak weapons.

Sarna can be a good place to start looking for information but it is in no way a comprehensive or, very often, correct source.

>>47441111

>an artillery version

Range isn't the best, but woe unto fast lights or BA that get too close.
>>
File: crusader_stageII.jpg (170 KB, 585x595) Image search: [Google]
crusader_stageII.jpg
170 KB, 585x595
>>47438910
>>47437225
How am I doing so far?
>>
>>47441333

>That's what they do when not in full tard rage mode.

I think a lot of what they've been doing up until this point is Malvina's rage induced response to encountering resistance.
>>
>>47441111
I bet you could make a double LTC King Crab
>>
>>47441443
Looks awesome man!
But it's not exploding, need to fix that
>>
>>47441333

>The Lyran military's tiny as well, especially after the Clan spitroast and the failed offensive against the League.

However, the Lyrans still have a far more substantial army than the Falcons can muster.

I think their industry is also still superior as well.
>>
>>47441333
>The Lyran military's tiny as well, especially after the Clan spitroast and the failed offensive against the League.
Their military was also far larger to begin with. You don't need mechs or warships to launch nukes, after all.
And with the Lyran law providing for all able-bodied citizens to do military service, they all have a VASTLY greater pool of bodies to fall back on.
>>
>>47441519

>However, the Lyrans still have a far more substantial army than the Falcons can muster.

In FM: 3145 the Falcons are rolling like 45 Clusters of effective force with 7 serious WarShips. Plus whatever their Horses contingent is.

The Lyrans have about 27 Regiments of effective force and one WarShip.

And that was before the latest round of one-sided Falcon beatdowns leading into 3150.

Their industry might be better but the realm is in chaos between the Wolf and Falcon assaults.

Saying they're out on their feet is kind at best.
>>
>>47441333

>BA that get too close

Would be something interesting to throw into a Lance of King Crabs.

The Lyran 3145 Manual said a lot of the King Crabs they lost in the recent battles on Thakard were taken down by Battle Armor swarming attacks.

Probably wouldn't mitigate the issue entirely, but it would likely make it more hazardous.
>>
>>47441642

>45 Clusters of effective force

Is that number still anywhere near that high in 3150?
>>
>>47441674

Artillery cannons are downright brutal against BA. You can attack the hex instead of the Point/Squad and everything in it takes the full damage of the weapon. So both Snipers are likely to hit, meaning 20 damage to any BA caught in the attack.

No Medium suit- the largest you can go while still being able to Swarm- can take that. AFAIK there are no BA armours that halve Ballistic damage so it will splatter even Assault suits with ease.

OTOH, Swarm attacks are much more dangerous in the fluff than they are on the tabletop. Having to wait the extra turn to do damage with the risk of being brushed off, dumped into water, thrash attacked or having the target Jump and dislodge your BA tends to reduce the number of successful Swarm attacks quite heavily.

IME if anyone is bothering with an Anti-'Mech attack they go for the Leg Attack instead. Those at least have a chance of critting the leg on the turn they're made, potentially causing the 'Mech to fall and waste MP that then gets reduced from actuator damage.
>>
>>47441443
The Spiderman face looks fucking retarded. Other than that it's looking okay.
>>
>>47441642
>27 regiments of force
Of *mech* force, which you don't need to launch nukes.
>>
>>47441333
>Falcons have WarShips and ASF. The Lyrans are pretty limited on both.
But, they have vastly more of what is needed to BEAT those things in a nuclear scenario, which are cheap, extremely common Small Craft; ST-7s and busses and the like. They can easily be converted (cargo to bomb bay) to carry Alamos and Arrow IV SSMs, blow alla them fighters and WarShips to hell and gone in an afternoon, and the lyrans could field literally hundreds of times more of those than anything the falcons can field.
You just stuff shitty old mules and buccs with SC bays to carry these things, and then you bum rush the falcons with em in space, kill them with massive vollys of nukes and superior numbers
>>
File: UvCcrsw.jpg (96 KB, 670x753) Image search: [Google]
UvCcrsw.jpg
96 KB, 670x753
>>47441786
It's an effort to make it look both like the reseen CRD-5K, -7L and so on, while having the front panel shape of the original macross armoured veritech VF-1J.

The original crusader art had just a little orb eye for that, and I've moved it to be a camera on top of the cockpit.
>>
>>47441861

I think the Lyrans came close to destroying a Jade Falcon WarShip with Nukes launched from a group of fighters.

I believe it said that it was the closest they've ever came to doing such, despite the attack failing and doing no damage at all.

Also, can't you build enough Pocket WarShips to threaten a true WarShip?

I recall reading of WarShips that have met their end at the guns of smaller Pocket WarShips in the Jihad.
>>
>>47441851
>>47441861
Just stop.

The Clans don't work when you factor in the trillions of people in a single Successor State and their cumulative industrial output, we get it.

But in terms of BT logistics and economics the Inner Sphere is the Clans' stepbrother. End of story.
>>
>>47441912
>Also, can't you build enough Pocket WarShips to threaten a true WarShip?
>I recall reading of WarShips that have met their end at the guns of smaller Pocket WarShips in the Jihad.
Yes, PWS spam based on old mules and nukes would be just as effective. Shit, technically speaking, the IS could have beaten the clan fleets in space that way as far back as the early-mid 50s
>>
>>47441961
Well they didn't so get over it. The Clans are superior.
>>
>>47441712

No hard data. Do note that I'm intentionally high-balling Lyran forces and low-balling the Falcons. I suspect if I went through and calculated the numbers the Lyrans would stand to lose another 2-3 Regiments off that count and the Falcons would gain maybe 4. I just couldn't be fucked when just eyeballing the numbers gives a massive advantage to the Falcons.

>>47441851

Mech force is all that ultimately matters for determining the outcome of a conflict. Nukes are a sideshow.

>>47441861

Most of what you're talking about there actually can't carry nukes, and bomb bays can't deploy nukes at all since they're limited to 6 bomb points per turn and nukes occupy 10 slots now. Fluff-wise, nukes are not a great threat to WarShips and the Falcons have nearly half again as many ASF assigned to their forces as the Lyrans have. Yes, unlisted fleet ASF do exist... for both sides, and the Falcons are starting at an advantage there.

The Lyrans arguably have an advantage deploying nukes dirtside since they're on the defensive. Watch as the Clans give zero fucks about that and strike from above orbit if the gloves come off.

Nukes are not a solution. If nukes, and the willingness to use them, were a defensive strategy worth pursuing the Taurian Concordat would have bounced all comers forever. Likewise, no invasion attempt anywhere else would ever succeed.

Clearly that's not the case though.
>>
Why were the Nova Cats killed off?
>>
>>47442013

>Mech force is all that ultimately matters for determining the outcome of a conflict. Nukes are a sideshow.

The Capellans might be an exception to that then.

I believe they're use of unrestricted tactical nukes is one of the things that allowed them to drive back George Hasek's invasion in the Jihad.

I know it mentioned the Black Wind Lancers destroying a regiment or two in that manner, earning them infamy across the Sphere for some odd reason.
>>
>>47441961

Have a look at the construction and refit rates from TR: 3057 some time, anon. Especially for assault vessels.

When the Claymore went into full production, they built two in three years, accelerating to one every nine months after 3057. Four Kuan Tis per year. One Nagumo every second year.

The refit time to go in and make those changes wasn't there with the infrastructure available.
>>
>>47442088
Capellans are always the exception m8. Hence why the AFFS didn't nuke them right back.
>>
>>47442135

>Hence why the AFFS didn't nuke them right back

I thought they showed a reluctance for that kind of fighting in general?

I may be remembering it wrong, but they didn't start throwing nukes back at the Taurians till late in the war against them.
>>
>>47442132
That's for purpose-building high-performance, high-tech, brand-new assault craft, not welding shitty missile racks into the cargo bay of an otherwise-unchanged freighter
>>
>>47442132

Also since I forgot to mention it, those ships were usually being built with 5+ years of design, construction, prototyping and testing.

The new generation of IS assault vessels and upgraded older ones were barely even taking flight in the mid 3050s, let alone the early 3050s.
>>
>>47442088
And Hansen's Roughriders, who ironically got the level of nuke performance against the taurians that medron pryde was claming the TC would get against the suns
>>
>>47442186

It only works that way in your head. In the fluff the required alterations are a lot more extensive. Even Cray's attempts to canonise what you're describing resulted in dev-level over-ruling that made what you're suggesting into a canon rumour for the Regulans rather than what they actually did.

I'm open to the argument that the Lyrans would be better able to deploy tactical nukes during defensive conflicts, that seems to make sense.

But for orbital or ASF-delivered nukes, the Falcons have a much greater capacity, including a few ships that can fire Peacemakers. While the Lyrans might be able to fend off some attacks with nukes the problem then is that the Falcons are gonna get real pissy, along with the Horses if their mongols get nuked, and once it goes into escalation the Clan forces have a lot more ways to nuke the Lyrans without being nuked back than the reverse.

In the long run, going nuclear is just not a good option. Sure, the LCAF is getting rekt on the ground, but at least they're mostly just losing there, not giving the Falcons a reason to turn entire planets into Fallout LARPs.
>>
>>47442287

> along with the Horses if their mongols get nuked

I believe it's said the Horses proper are at the point where they're beginning to consider abandoning the Falcons and Malvina's madness. I believe they're beginning to pull out at that.

>not giving the Falcons a reason to turn entire planets into Fallout LARPs.

The Mongol Doctrine already practically gives them a reason to do that if a world is resisting.
>>
>>47442074

OOC, to prove shit was getting real in the Dark Age.

IC because the interfered in a succession crisis and were on the losing side after many years of pissing off the Dracs.
>>
>>47442386
I hope the Spirit Cats survive. All my favorite Clans have died now.
>>
File: Feel Marshall Kerensky.jpg (63 KB, 300x553) Image search: [Google]
Feel Marshall Kerensky.jpg
63 KB, 300x553
>tfw you never got a chance to raise your son in person and he turned out to be a massive furry
>>
>>47442451

The Spirit Cats are still around.

To be honest though I'd be happier if the Nova Cats never reconstitute and the Spirit Cats fade into nothingness given how many factions or bloodlines make their STUNNING RETURN later on.

It's worse than comic books sometimes, nothing ever stays dead.
>>
>>47441758
BA Reactive, like the Black Wolf armor has DOES halve the Artillery damage.
>>
>>47442595
What all factions have made their stunning return in the Dark Age? Besides Wolf's Dragoons coming back from death's door.
>>
>>47442618
the nuFWL is the only one I can think of

most factions stay dead so I'm not sure what he means
>>
>>47442618

It's more something that's happened across BT history.

SLDF-> Clans, Wolf Dragoons
Wolverines -> Minnesota Tribe, WoB Cabal/The Blood, whatever the Green Ghosts and IE are after
ComGuard in the Jihad -> ComGuard in TP: EE
Amaris Bloodline -> Star Lord
Smoke Jaguars-> Fidelis

etc. I just find it overdone. At this stage I feel a major faction or bloodline staying down would be a bigger surprise.
>>
>>47442910
Well that's not really the same thing. There's always some derivatives and survivors of a faction, but those are generally new factions themselves.
Take the Fidelis, for example. They're basically nothing like the Smoke Jaguars. The ComGuards of EE are dead. The Cabal/Blood/Green Ghosts are half myth. The Star Lord was a crazy ComStar adept.

I do see what you're saying but it's not really an overdone issue. You can't expect every single human being in a faction to die and never breed. Except Blood Spirits.
>>
I'm buying Unseen minis for the first time.

Any recommendations on the type to get? I've heard certain ones (I think Project Phoenix) look pretty bad.

New to the game so all I have is the introbox right now.
>>
>>47442132
I actually tested dropship refits in MekHQ which uses the stratops refit rules. Refitting an overlord dropship to an assault type (much lower transport space), DHS, something like 800+ nose armor and 36+ guns on each facing took only about 30k minutes or so...Which is about 2 months of refit time.
>>
>>47443393

Irrelevant given how long it takes to retrofit lemon vee and 'Mech designs into something decent, and how low the opportunity cost is C-Bill wise for doing so.

The fluff indicates vastly longer design and refit times until part-way through the FCCW, but that itself is after decades of effort put into upgrading naval infrastructure.

It's not until things like the Nekocan'tbefucked and Overlord-A3 that it becomes relatively quick and easy to design, build, or refit existing designs and by then the Clan Invasion is well over any how.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.