[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parnatha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 25
File: one 30th.png (329 KB, 461x546) Image search: [Google]
one 30th.png
329 KB, 461x546
Server is up and running nicely using a test map until 1.9. Lots of /tg/ popping in to explore, test plugins, make suggestions.

Factions is now installed, see next post for usage instructions.
Factions Mobs now installed (Spawn NPC soldiers to guard, patrol and fight for your kingdom) see next post for documentation.

Everything is coming along nicely, more info in the previous thread.
>>44840365
Stop by if it catches your interest.

IP: s9.hosthorde.com:26011
>>
what is this even for?

. . . Minecraft?
>>
File: 2016-01-19_14.17.26.png (3 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-19_14.17.26.png
3 MB, 1920x1005
Factions:
All the documentation can be found here
https://www.massivecraft.com/factions

But the basics are, in chat:
/f create factionnamehere
/f desc factiondescriptionhere
/f claim one
Claims the chunk you're standing in
/f claim auto
Claims as you walk around, turns off when you type it again.

You can only claim 1 chunk per "power" your faction has, power slowly builds as you play.
All these settings will be tweaked for the server launch

Faction Mobs:
all the documentation can be found here:
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/faction-mobs.15803/

In short

/fm spawn archer
/fm spawn swordsman
/fm spawn mage
/fm spawn titan

You can only spawn so many depending on your faction power, they will fight mobs and enemy factions (only factions you are at WAR with)

Right click each to select them, and then:
/fm order follow
/fm order stop
/fm order patrol
etc

/fm selection
to see who you have selected
/fm deselect
to deselect all.
>>
>>44899862
Yes minecraft! jesus, sorry.
>>
>>44900094
Sorry, I should have looked before I ask. This is very impressive.

Will definitely be watching/participating in this.
>>
>>44900150
No, i feel stupid for not including that somewhere for the newcomers.
>>
How long can this expected to be up for? Nothing I hate more than joining a server and investing time, and then it goes down after a month.
>>
File: 2016-01-08_15.19.45.png (2 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-08_15.19.45.png
2 MB, 1920x1005
Right now I'm running pretty cheap hardware, so cost is low and no real danger of running out of funds.

If things bump up more playerbase wise, I'll need better hardware ie more cost, but we've already got people wanting to donate and its never going to be THAT expensive.

I can personally guarantee you that this server will last more than a month.
>>
>>44900782
To continue, I have a pretty personal interest in this server. I've been building resources for it, planning plugins and dungeons and putting an insane amount of work into making it great.

I would probably lose the most from this server going down.

I built this server because I'm so sick of what's available, and even more sick of A.) the drama that comes with "official /tg/ servers" B.) little children... C.) half assed themed servers with no real "feel"
>>
>>44900870
Alright I might join then. Could you just give a short rundown, like a tl;dr of the server then? Like what it's about, who it's intended for, etc...

Saying it isn't an "official /tg/ server" has me curious, as to who it's for.
>>
File: 0d4cg1Y.jpg (628 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0d4cg1Y.jpg
628 KB, 1920x1080
>>44900954
Tl:dr

Massive server map
Factions (configured more like kingdoms)
Plugin makes it so you can't break enemies builds
But you can steal their stuff
Promotes nicer builds while still allowing warfare
Quests
Resource Capture points for factions to war over
NPC cities as well to buy or sell goods for gold
Build nations with other people for larger benefits.

I said "not a /tg/ server" because they have a really bad track record. Also because I don't want people to bust into the server shouting "For the Emprah" bullshit. The theme is low fantasy, only humans, think less Tolkien and more Robert E Howard.

Plus the map is just SOOOO pretty.
>>
File: fEK0zSC.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fEK0zSC.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: 2015-12-29_18.47.55.png (2 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-29_18.47.55.png
2 MB, 1920x1005
>>
File: 2015-10-29_16.07.59.png (1 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-29_16.07.59.png
1 MB, 1920x1005
>>
File: 2016-01-20_22.36.04.png (910 KB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-20_22.36.04.png
910 KB, 1920x1005
Town of Harrow
>>
This whole thing is pretty, neat, and pretty neat. I'd join if I had the game.

Hope to see updates so I can live vicariously through these threads.
>>
File: 2016-01-20_22.40.07.png (1 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-20_22.40.07.png
1 MB, 1920x1005
Marty Party's dope ass dorf base
>>
File: 2016-01-20_22.36.56.png (844 KB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-20_22.36.56.png
844 KB, 1920x1005
>>
File: 2016-01-20_22.37.43.png (2 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-20_22.37.43.png
2 MB, 1920x1005
>>
File: 2016-01-20_22.51.35.png (3 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-20_22.51.35.png
3 MB, 1920x1005
>>
File: 2016-01-20_22.52.07.png (3 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-20_22.52.07.png
3 MB, 1920x1005
>>
>>44902364
It looks sick, thanks man.
If anyone wants to join my Dwarf Faction let me know!
>>
>>44899733
Are you going to be ready for all the changes coming in 1.9?
While Shields and Duel Wielding will be nice for this sort of server, Row Boats are kinda up in the air for me...
>>
Anything I can do for you as someone who can write plugins?
>>
>>44904306
my body is so ready. I can't wait for 1.9, the server is built in anticipation of the update, so yes, we'll be ready!
>>
>>44904428
YES PLEASE, what are you some sort of angel? I have a request, let me know what you think:

Cont.
>>
>>44904567
go ahead
>>
>>44904623
How hard would it be to whip up a "capture point" plugin with faction integration?

Ie, capture a spot ala long of the hill, but have it remain in your factions control until captured by another faction, doling out a set resource once per MC day.
>>
>>44905176
So, the capture point is one X,Z point on the map, preferably on land. Once per MC day, the faction (if any) who has claimed the land that contains the point is given a set of resources (how are do they receive the resources?)

Or is the point captured in another way?
>>
>>44904484
Just making sure.
Boats are now two seaters, but use one directional duel steering...

Good news, Mobs can ride in your boat...
...Bad news is, Mobs WILL ride in your boat...
>>
>>44905260
More like, the point is at xyz, the land will be neutral, claimable by no one, but factions can "control" the point (not landclaim but rather just control that "point", and each MC day at dusk, a chest directly at that point would add a set number of items of a certain type to its contents. customizable items would be a must as well, so one point could give wood, while another night give stone
>>
>>44905972
So it's one specific block (XYZ). How do you see a faction "controlling" the block without doing it with claiming?
>>
>>44906022
That's the hard part, it would have to somehow recognize a faction tag and specify that it's "attached to" a certain faction. Maybe a sign on the chest, or an invisible named entity displaying the current faction with ownership's name.
>>
>>44906075
I mean without thinking technically, what would it look like to own/fight for the chest? Stand near it?
>>
>>44906198
Right click the sign or entity, try to open the chest, anything really. Ideally this would cost a small amount of faction power like 2, and at least "member" rank in your faction.

Also it would be nice if the chest could only be opened by the "controlling faction" and have the contents wiped when the point is captured by another faction. To prevent one facrion from building up the resources just to have them stolen by a raiding faction.

The server doesn't have faction claiming from other factions enabled, so you can't destroy peoples lands unlike some faction servers. This plugin would allow factions to fight over something worth skirmishing over, without despoiling their own faction area.

We already have a guy working on something similar, but I really just need the first simple thing that works reliably. If its too complex, I can easily do it with command blocks, but it wouldn't be as elegant and functional as a plugin, especially since command blocks don't have factions hooks.
>>
>>44906418
So you click it to control it, and that control can be taken if another faction clicks it?

Then at midnight, the chest is unlocked and filled with the items. If another faction tries to open it, they gain control but the items disappear.
>>
>>44906631
Basically as close to this as possible
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/fcp/
This pretty well embodies the idea. I've never used that specific plugin, and its horribly outdated, but if I read it correctly, its that exaclty.
>>
>>44906737
Would you want more than one point?
>>
>>44906974
Yes. So one lumber mill, that gives provides say 64 wood a day, and a stone quarry that provides 64 stone a day, and a coal mine that provides 32 coal a day.

Ie: different specifiable resources in configurable amounts.
>>
>>44907177
So the way I understand it, it works like this:

There are many points, which look like an unopenable chest (only the admin can open the chest) and a sign. At one of the many points, you click the sign to start a capture of the point. After 30 seconds (during which you may not leave the general area or the timer will stop) your faction owns the point. A faction that would like to claim it from you must wait the same 30 seconds and not leave the area. If they manage this, they then own the point. Whichever faction owns the point at midnight every Minecraft day receives that point's rewards (the contents of the chest, as edited by the admin in-game)

You would have control over setting up points as you wanted.

The rewards would be given to every online player via their inventory (or dropped in front of them in the event that their inventory didn't have the room for all the items.)

That's a challenge, but not impossible. Does it sound correctly described?
>>
>>44907300
Exactly, except the chest would only be locked to factions that don't control it, and the chest should fill around evening, instead of midnight (12000 Minecraft time) with the specific items, not drop them at faction member's feet, that's more trouble than it's worth.

Maybe the chest could have an example chest, 2 blocks below it containing the items to add to the upper chest. Otherwise you get what I'm saying. And the accumulated inventory of the main chest, the rewards chest, would wipe if the capture point is taken by another faction.

I can keep the chunks loaded with another plugin, if that's necessary.
>>
>>44907551
So the chest is filled with items and whoever owns it can open it. What happens if the chest is unopened, still has items, and a new day comes and more items should be added? Nothing?

That also means that there is only one reward (the chest) and you have to go get it. It's not delivered magically just because you control the point.
>>
>>44907875
Yes exaclty!

Ideally when the items are untaken and a new day comes, if would add another day's bounty to the chest in a new slot, and when all the slots are full, it stops until more room is made. This would put a cap on the number of days you could leave your point without emptying it. But if this isn't possible, it could just add the items to the chest inventory.

But yeah, if that is possible, its really the last thing I majorly need.
>>
>>44908046
So the best case would be attempting to add the bounty to the chest, and not doing that if there isn't room. And then doing nothing.
>>
>>44908132
Yes, best best case added to the chest in a new slot, not just stacked on top of the total amount. And then if no room do nothing.
>>
>>44908288
I gotta retire for the night, will check in morning.

I know it's a tall order, if you think you're up to it though, I would even pay a small amount for a plugin that works exaclty how I want it.
>>
>>44908487
I'll plan it out and see if I can do it. Add me on Skype. It's the same as my username on Minecraft (somewhere in the server log, I'm sure)
>>
>>44908575
Will do!!!
>>
I tested out your server. I've been having a lot of fun exploring and being generally lost. I've been trying to match my location up to some of the maps you posted but every time I think I know where I am I see a landmark that makes me think I'm wrong. Even ran into a little coastal town, which was nice and unexpected.

Bretty gud job OP.
>>
>>44910747
Also you must have made that desert town in creative mode and imported it into the map right? It's pretty impressive.
>>
I fink dese humies needs us ta bring em a propa WAAAAGH!
>>
Ok, so I noticed I could do regular mining, building, and such in the wilderness...
Is this just for the test run and, if so, should we be building examples of things to add to the map?
>>
>>44914141
Not the guy in charge, but I've been working on the server a little.

Yes, you can build what you like. If it's good, it will be kept. If it's not, then it's not. That's up to the man in charge though.
>>
>>44914173
>Yes, you can build what you like. If it's good, it will be kept. If it's not, then it's not. That's up to the man in charge though.
Alright, I was pondering doing some Mob-proofed rest stations and such that could be scattered through-out the map.

Last time, I got banned from the server due to an argument involving my Mob Proofing a Village, so I wanted to double check this time.
>>
>>44900870

I don't remember having any drama on the last 3 iterations of the /tg/ server.
>>
how do you turn off auto-claim?
>>
Building a little town, starting with a keep. Thanks for the server OP, map is great.
>>
>>44914141
Yes, this is a test run. If you build something impressive enough, I'll add it to the server for launch, but so far most people have built cobblestone towers and such, which won't make the cut.
>>
>>44915646
Type /f claim auto
Again
>>44915837
Daww! Thanks !
>>
>>44914893
Oh hey its Brick, who always shows up at some point to half heartedly shill his /tg/ server.

Honestly brick I don't understand why we haven't teamed up by now. I have a good amount of vision, and the only thing really holding me back is perfect technical configuration, and you seem to be really good at the technical side, but seem to favor the "do whatever, with lots of plugins" type servers, which I find encourages people burning out on MC faster.
>>
I'll be nerfing ores this week too,

As of now there's far too much diamond ore, a little shy on iron, enough coal and gold and too many emeralds.

I'll balance the numbers, make diamonds only spawn in the deepest depths, make lapis only spawn at the highest peaks (no its not geologically accurate, but it adds more intrigue) and relegate emeralds to certain areas.

Also going to install a custom villager plugin which would change all villager trades to whatever I specify. So if you convert a zombie villager or somehow breed villagers at your base, they'll have actually useful, gold based and nonexploitable trades.
>>
>>44917188
You need a better explanation of how the faction system works. It'll probably be your biggest draw for players however if no one knows how to create new factions, claim lands, spawn troops and check their territory and status they'll lose interest quick.
>>
>>44917403
Don't worry, all in game documentation soon. All necessary info will be in books at spawn.
>>
>>44917403
/f help is helpful.
>>
Just logged in on the server, looks dope af. Any recommended texture packs?
>>
>>44918370
The server's texture pack is breddy gut
>>
>>44918388
... not sure if mispost or bot...
I wouldn't click that link...
>>
>>44918370
Yeah, the server has a built in texture pack.

At your multiplayer screen in minecraft, select parnatha, click edit, click "Prompt or Always Use" for Resource Pack options, will load the server pack upon joining.
>>
>>44910747
Was it my one that spreads out into the water?
>>
>>44918720
>>44918393
K, will do.

Gotta ask though, which HD-pack was used in the screenshots?
>>
>>44919149
The main texture pack is Pixel Perfection by XSSheep, and the sky is Better Skies. Only the sky is HD, the other pack is a regular 16x16
>>
>>44919165
Looks gorgeous, especially with the lighting
>>
I don't know what to do: Should I build a decaying castle in the north, dark souls style, or should I colonize the green valleys in the desert?
>>
>>44917077

I run a pretty basic set up with about 3 mods that aren't just vanilla enhancers, if its not your cup of tea thats fair. If you want a hand with settings and configuration just send me an email.
>>
>>44920768
Come to where the dwarfs and dark Knights and me are and do dark souls stuff like I am
>>
>>44918997
Well, it had a chest full of boats and a sign that said "Take a boat." It was mostly in the water. Is that you? I thought it was a cool town fwiw.
>>
File: 2016-01-21_19.40.09.png (2 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-21_19.40.09.png
2 MB, 1920x1005
workin on dat spawn
>>
>>44919267
If you colonize the green valleys, let me know if you find a treehouse with a small mine next to it. It's mine and I retardedly didn't make a bed or note my location when I built it before I died.
>>
>>44921627
gib dynmap address
>>
It is good to know, that you are still working on this server.

Hopefully, I will find time and means to drop by once again, especially since my previous stay has ended rather abruptly.
>>
>>44922571
no dynmap. I find it gives away people's bases and positions, when perhaps they wouldnt want to be.

Here's an interactive map of the landscape, but it shows no builds or players
http://maps.mapcrafter.org/LeMonde/#LeMondeDay/0/4/2605/-4509/64
>>
I found a tiny little bay somewhere in the northeast of the mainland where I'm starting to design a lawless "rogue's" city in the ruins of an old guard tower, if anyone wants to come join.
>>
File: 2016-01-21_19.40.02.png (2 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-21_19.40.02.png
2 MB, 1920x1005
>>
Hell yeah, Parnatha is back! I'm gonna build a grand library and found an order of scholars and masons dedicated to filling the world with books and stories.

I'm DougStache if anyone from the old server remembers me. I'll probably get on either tonight or tomorrow and start work on the Order of the Hammer and Quill.
>>
>>44921153
Yes! IGN Fizz.
>>
So I heard you guy's are going to introduce some sort of religion feature, how will that work?
>>
>>44925003
Lugs
>>
>>44916966
>Yes, this is a test run. If you build something impressive enough, I'll add it to the server for launch, but so far most people have built cobblestone towers and such, which won't make the cut.
I figured as much.
I'm thinking a "Tree" house hide-away and a Ship for right now.

>>44917188
>Also going to install a custom villager plugin which would change all villager trades to whatever I specify. So if you convert a zombie villager or somehow breed villagers at your base, they'll have actually useful, gold based and nonexploitable trades.
This is probably one of the better things about this server, NPC based trading that can keep the server economy going even after faction's territories have been mined dry.

Since the only place people will be able to edit terrain (and thus farm) will be Faction land, it will be nice to have Vendors to trade Mob Drops to in exchange for food and goods.

>>44921627
>>44924246
I love your pixel murals, especially in that Sun God Temple.

>>44924277
>Hell yeah, Parnatha is back! I'm gonna build a grand library and found an order of scholars and masons dedicated to filling the world with books and stories.
AND I SHALL HAVE PLENTY OF INK AND FEATHERS TO SELL YOU!
>>
Exploring is pretty cool so far, found a locked up stone tower, small farmhouse, and strange wooden structure jutting out of a cliff face
>>
>>44926751
Screens or it didn't happen.
>>
If anyone wants to make the journey to the far southern jungle and build a hidden-away, neutral smuggler's city/port, that's my general plan.

Unfortunatly, I'm stuck in the big desert city since I forgot to bed down somewhere else.
>>
File: 1375041620442.jpg (122 KB, 657x850) Image search: [Google]
1375041620442.jpg
122 KB, 657x850
looking good

though if different races are going to be featured there would be some mechanical way to differentiate between them, beyond just RP

also include a Brewing plugin
>>44927673
sounds like a sweet idea but idk about anything big during the beta phase
>>
>>44928166
idk how to include racial differences without severely gimping certain races (which always sucks)

best way I can imagine (beyond similar skins) is maybe making auxiliary functions only usable for specific races

like maybe only Dwarves can brew alcohol (with a brewery plugin) and/or make war-axes

Only Elves can use a magic and/or runes plugin

and maybe humans have something like a higher faction cap (meaning they can make larger factions) or at least dwarf/elf factions have a hard cap so they must always remain small and have to rely on alliances with other dwarves/elves

unsure what else to make humans stand out, or for that matter what to include for races beyond those three like orcs/greenskins or whatever else.
>>
>>44925003
Players choose a god to worship. They do stuff to appease that god. For example, if you worship the goddess of nature you plant lots of trees or something. Then they get buffs based on the stuff they did and how much. Different gods give different buffs, and religion is player-determined, not faction-determined. So a single faction can have many religions.

There is also another god who cannot be worshiped: Death. Death's power increases every time a player dies. It will naturally decay over time, but if enough players die in a short timespan (in a war, a failed raid on a dungeon, etc.) then Death's power can grow to very high levels. When Death's power level becomes very great, horrifying and powerful mobs will spawn in great number to terrorize the land.
>>
>>44928636
make it some kind of demon figure rather than just "death"
>>
>>44928616
Speaking from the experience on the DFRPC server, do not differentiate races by limiting what mechanics they can use. All it leads to is salt. Just make differences RP
>>
>>44928693
RP can be too shallow
limiting core game mechanics is pretty shit, but auxiliary non-essential flavour ones could work

I was on that server too and things like "only dwarves can use diamond" was pretty shit
>>
>>44928670
According to the server owner it's really just a primal force, not even really a "god", hence why it can't be worshipped. Consider it like Greek mythology: it's less like Hades and more like Chaos.
>>
>>44928736
I was thinking more like Tartarus to lean more to the destructive/negative aspects of chaos
>>
>>44928616
Imo don't include racial differences for players. Race is something that's fixed and can't be changed, so if someone decides they're an elf and they get bored of being an elf or realize they don't like it, they're shit outta luck. The Religion idea is much better because you can convert from one to another. It's pretty much the same thing anyway, buffs/debuffs based on player decision.
>>
>>44928616
>>44928693
>>44928735
>I was on that server too and things like "only dwarves can use diamond" was pretty shit
Agreed, that was just horrid, especially if you played Kobold...
>>
>>44928757
also this seems like something which will lead to Death Cults where people try to bring about such an Armageddon (not that this is a bad thing)
>>
>>44928767
what about something a bit simpler

things like magic/brewing are open to everyone
but the recipies/rituals are not universally known and it is up to the elves/dwarves/whatever to keep them secret (or not)
>>
>>44928785
this sounds pretty awesome actually

The best part is, no one could ever know you were a worshiper of Death, because it's not a religion you can identify with. So someone can claim to be an honest, hardworking Nifgalden-worshiper just like you and I, but in reality they've been pulling strings behind the scenes the whole time to edge the faction towards war so they can cause more death.

There can be secret death cults and intrigue, international conspiracies to coordinate bloody wars in sacrifice. People accusing others of being death cultists, people (ironically) killing others for being death cultists. Inquisitions would be formed to root out the followers of death so the mobs lessen in strength.
>>
>>44928860
not to mention the cross-cultural/national aspect of it

a like some pan-racial Illuminati
>>
>>44928836
would also add some interesting things
like a human leaving hove to go study magic with the elves, or new forge techniques with the dwarves, or herbalism/alchemy with the Orcs

I think it would add to the RP, plus factions would have to deal with things like a Traitor elf fleeing and teaching some humans about magic
>>
File: 1443290436966.jpg (267 KB, 1047x1164) Image search: [Google]
1443290436966.jpg
267 KB, 1047x1164
>>44928934
What races would you guys be interested in?

desu humies, elves and dwarves are pretty much a given, but too many more would get confusing

I've thought maybe one more like Orcs/|Greenskins (to include goblins) or some beast race (though that could get messy quick)
>>
OP here, I gotta catch some sleep. But before I do, I would like to add that I've considered adding "racial bonuses" but in the end decided against it due to basically what you all discussed. I find elfs/dorfs/littlings tiresome, rather finding it easier to have very culturally different human tribes. We can discuss this more later, and feel free to comment, I'll read it all when I wake up.

I guess I built the server and its story-feel more like Robert E Howard and less like Tolkien
>>
>>44929077
can you consider the "racial differences" being knowledge based and up to the players like >>44928934
>>44928836
>>
I have work and i need to re download minecraft. This looks cool as ahit and ill defs check it out.

Will there still be single player stuff to do?
Or will there be emphasis on kingdoms/factions
>>
Certainly! I love and encourage that. I am however much less of a fan of elves, dwarves, fantasy tropes. Let me write down some of the very loose fluff tomorrow, and we can take it from there. Regardless of elves or dwarves not existing, there will be BC analogues (magic naturehippies and gruff mining men)
>>
>>44929150
Definitely wants single players to still be able to enjoy themselves. But I'm not gonna lie that it will be majorly beneficial to be part of an organisation.

But now I really gotta sleep. Until tomorrow gents.
>>
>>44929175
>donut steel races
ehhh idk
I'd rather no races at all than that

Elves-Dwarves are good because everyone knows what they are all about and they make great bases from which to expand the idea for your specific charecter

so you can have a nation of Drow like elves who live underground and do gruff things, or a nation of enlightened Dwarves who specialized in the arts and sciences.

and humans for basically everything else, hell you can build an entire nation of humans based on one guy who happened to get the secret knowledge of dwarven metalwork/elven magic then spread it to his people
>>
>>44929275
I think he was saying less donut steel races and more like human "races" that tend to specialize in those things

Races being in the sense of ethnicity or culture, not species
>>
>>44929503
Ah
I guess I understand but I still think major racial archetypes would be good.
>>
>>44929503
Op here, still should be sleeping, this anon has it.

The way I've built parnatha, there really isn't a place for non human races, but that doesn't mean we can't make the ethnicities just as exciting.
>>
>>44929621
yea alright
but how would the dissemination of information like that work?

would some factions have access to the knowledge of how magic/brewing/whatever world (basically recipes and command lists)
>>
>>44929584
I think it would end up being player-determined, as it should be. Leave the buffs/gameplay effects in the religions and cultures/races will spring up around them.

Example: Is there a god of mountains? Well, those guys living in the mountains worship him. They get buffs to their mining ability so they do that often. They mine their homes instead of building them, too. Looks like they're a culture that tends to live in underground fortresses and mines a lot. Kind of like dwarves, but human.

Same would go for a god of trees, or a god of the sea, or of agriculture, or war, or wealth, or the hunt... and so on. Players will choose a religion and naturally specialize to take advantage of buffs. That will form cultures on its own without having to predefine them.
>>
>>44929706
in that case maybe there should be a set pantheon rather than a dynamic one if religion is going to be so important

like a God of Brewing can give his followers new recipies and such
>>
>>44929745
I think the idea is not to lock content behind that stuff though. So instead of getting new recipes you'd get more potent effects when drinking potions or something.
>>
Seems a pretty good idea,it's been along time since i played in some sort of rpg minecraft server
>>
>>44930565
not lock content, but make its dispersal up to the players, so technically anyone can find out what the formulas are through testing/stealing/espionage, but not everyone knows every recipe.
>>
File: 2016-01-22_00.14.53.png (360 KB, 1152x586) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-22_00.14.53.png
360 KB, 1152x586
get ready for the ultimate spook dungeon experience of your life with traps and treats
>>
Will the server be pirate friendly?
>>
File: 2016-01-07_20.36.33.png (2 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-07_20.36.33.png
2 MB, 1920x1005
OP here, I'm back.

>>44929668
>>44929706
Yes. Limiting content behind races, classes or gods was never my intention. Rather buffing will bring about new utility, giving rise to new creativity. That said, its also about the fact that this is Minecraft. I'm already stretching things fairly far without using any actual mods (all server side plugins), plus I've seen race-play lead to lots of salt before.

>>44929745
Pantheon is set, not dynamic. We'll release with 4 gods, I'll release 4 more gods in a few months when I release the entire 14k x 14k custom netherworld, and another 4 shortly after that when I release the custom End.

>>44931216
This. We can retcon as we go if it creates a large boon, but for now there's plenty of things to do! Lots of exploran, buildan, tradan, fightan, look less for things you can't do, and look at all the things you can.

>>44932854
No Idea, I haven't set it up in a special way to not be. Try joining, if you can join now, you will always be able to, if you can't you won't. Sorry or congratulations depending!
>>
Ugh, just double check the wiki, and it turns out that if a block has a solid TOP, it's spawn capable...

Where in the F3 info do you find out if a block will spawn a mob or not?
>>
>>44936012
:/ dunno that eagle. But all blocks spawn mobs except transparent blocks (slime still spawns mobs) and rails and half slabs.
>>
>>44936012
Don't light levels prevent mob spawns?
>>
>>44911621
oi you git, join the killa krew.

we's da meanest.
>>
File: 2016-01-22_14.30.06.png (2 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-22_14.30.06.png
2 MB, 1920x1005
The totally not Jamaican Chicken Farm
>>
>>44936179
>:/ dunno that eagle. But all blocks spawn mobs except transparent blocks (slime still spawns mobs) and rails and half slabs.
Yeah, thing is Slabs only prevent spawns if their BOTTOM Slabs, Slabs level with the top of a block don't.

>>44936421
>Don't light levels prevent mob spawns?
Yes, but I was working with outdated info and built a ship out of Slabs and Stairs thinking those alone could prevent spawns.
>>
File: 2016-01-22_15.22.50.png (2 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-22_15.22.50.png
2 MB, 1920x1005
Fristholt Cattle Farm
>>
Minecraft got pretty.
>>
>>44937431
Like that one girl you met years after Highschool.
>>
>>44899733
Could you possibly toss the map up somewhere for me?
>>
>>44937701
It's literally in the OP
>>
>>44936009
can you include Magic and Brewing plugins at least?

http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/brewery

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/magicspells/

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/magic/
>>
>>44938744
a larger one I think he means
also where exactly do we spawn?
>>
>>44939069
http://maps.mapcrafter.org/LeMonde/#LeMondeDay2/0/7/4400/-2020/64

Large map. You'll need it to navigate.
>>
Opie, can you remove my creative mode ? The wheat farm domain is done if you want to use it.
>>
>>44939081
>no swampland
>>
File: 2016-01-22_19.19.42.png (607 KB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-22_19.19.42.png
607 KB, 1920x1005
Pic of Dat Nigga Kaladün, the northern god of storms.

>>44939784
Swampland is also my favorite. Don't worry, when I release the custom nether, there will a massive swamp biome, the swampiest most overgrown shitpool of a swamp you've ever seen, it will be gross and hellish and full of slime.
>>
So when the 1.9 comes out, will the whole server be reset? Or will some/all buildings be carried over?
>>
>>44940419
full reset I imagine
that's why no one is building much substantial
>>
>>44940598
>>44940419
Some buildings will be kept. It's been mentioned:
>>44914173
>>44916966
>>
Is this an rp server or do people just fuck about and build medieval/fantasy themed stuff?
>>
Having fun exploring, but does anyone have any coords for anything interesting?
>>
>>44941446
If it's anything like the old server, it's both. There was lots of good roleplaying, rivalries between kingdoms, demons banished to the Nether, and more. But if you didn't want to take part in the roleplaying, there was plenty of people just building various fun projects and buildings.
>>
File: 2016-01-22_22.54.51.png (3 MB, 1920x1028) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-22_22.54.51.png
3 MB, 1920x1028
>>
>>44941285
When are you expecting the full launch?
Exploring is fun for now but idk if I should settle down
>>
>>44899733
Damn, reading through the thread this looks like something I'd love to get into, but it's been ages since I played MC and I have my hands full DMing a sandbox.

How active are people/factions generally? Would it be weird if someone was an on-and-offer, or is that fine?
>>
>>44943882
Sadly there appears to be no ETA at all for the 1.9 update, and it's been in the works for months now.
(At least there's snapshots coming out, so it's not as if they've stopped development)

I'd say do settle down, play around, test out designs and mechanics, and try to build and keep hype for the real release
>>
>>44944247
It's a bit sparse right now because new features are being thrown in and people are wary to build since its in beta

OP said though that if you do put the effort in to build something big they would carry it over to the official release so no worries there
>>
>>44944265
Why are we waiting for 1.9 MC?
Won't all the plugins not work for it right away anyways?
>>
what plugins are already available? Besides factions

Can you add brewing?
>>
Op here
>>44943061
This guy nailed it. Who are you old memeber?

>>44943703
That's dope.

>>44943882
No sooner than a week or two from now. No one get attached. I have mentioned that some buildings may carry forward, these buildings will ONLY be capture points built for function, not personal bases. As I'm still adjusting what will be buffed and nerfed ore wise, I simply cannot allow players to keep their bases. Don't bother marking down ore veins either, this will change. I'm sorry to show off the test map and then wipe it, but I've been clear sense the beggining, use this time to plan bases, organize factions (you'll need at least 3 members to start a faction on real release) or just wait until full release. Hope everyone understands.

>>44944247
On and off is fine and encouraged, just join a faction that will also be OK with this.

>>44944265
If I can get all my plugins configured correctly and the map decently assembled, I have been convinced to launch before 1.9, still in 1.8. It just means that we'll wait a little longer for 1.9 plugins to update, but all the major ones should quickly (factions, our custom plugin). The only danger is that maybe one of the more obscure plugins may not update at all (say the crop growth per biome one) in which case we may lose that feature. But I repeat, if I can get everything done soon, I'll launch asap. Gonna have some serious time this weekend.
>>
>>44944555
>>>44943061 (You)
>This guy nailed it. Who are you old memeber?

DougStache. I'm gonna start using a name in the thread.
>>
pretty big map
Been hiking for a while to reach those far southern islands and build a little plantation colony/pirate tavern
>>
>>44944756
I've secured a little bay far to the south in the jungle zone, where I'm trying to block out plans for a lawless pirate/rogue town. Lots of docks and shanty buildings, etc.

If you want to swing by and throw some ideas in, I can hop on and give you coords.
>>
>>44938744
Sorry about the confusion, by map I meant the save file.
>>
>>44928771
You're a douche
>>
>>44944687
Doug! I likely should too.

Also I've decided to add a fifth god with first release. As I already have a temple for him, and balanced stat boosts.
>>
>>44945060
Would that happen to be The Pit? It had quite the following in the old server.
>>
>>44945143
Is there a plugin the server could get that allows you to chop and entire tree down in one? It takes several minutes to cut down birch trees as they branch out and end up with blocks of wood hidden everywhere.
>>
>>44924277
Sir, you have a recruit.
>>
File: 2016-01-22_23.36.33.png (878 KB, 1366x715) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-22_23.36.33.png
878 KB, 1366x715
>>
i came to /tg/ for a risk thread but found this instead

you got yourself a new player, but before i begin i have some questions
1) Can i roleplay as a lone wolf type of character
2)is it alive or ded
3)do i have to worship a god or some shit
>>
What plugins do you have to support rp? Do you have stuff like local chat channels and character names?
>>
>>44944527
>Why are we waiting for 1.9 MC?
>Won't all the plugins not work for it right away anyways?
Two words; Combat Update

Two more words; DUEL WIELDING!
They're putting in shields, and changing the attack characteristics of Swords and Axes.

>>44944555
>I have mentioned that some buildings may carry forward, these buildings will ONLY be capture points built for function, not personal bases.
So how about my way-stations?
My thinking is they'd be safe shelters scattered every 3-4 km in the wilderness so that travelers could hold up in them for a night.
Since we won't be able to edit terrain that isn't claimed by our faction, I figured it would be useful for those of us traveling between territories to have places to get away from mobs and, more importantly, have beds to shift our respawn points across the map.

>>44945785
>Is there a plugin the server could get that allows you to chop and entire tree down in one? It takes several minutes to cut down birch trees as they branch out and end up with blocks of wood hidden everywhere.
Like the The Treecapitator Mod?
Would certainly cut down on random floating tree tops, but I'm unsure if you can do that with a plug-in...
>>
>>44944839
At work now so I wouldn't be able to come on until tonight

I was thinking building on that island chain though since this is the beta anyways it's not like it really matters
>>
>>44946582
My bay is just southeast of that huge lake with the island in the center.
>>
Is there a full list of plugins somewhere? This sever looks really cool!

>>44946597
I'm also interested in a pirate colony-type thing. I'm going to be logging on for the first time in a few minutes.
>>
>>44945143
Oh yeah the pit! No, the pit probably won't return as a functional diety, but I might consider it.

>>44945785
Had the same thought myself, I'll look into it tomorrow, dunno how it will interface with the custom trees.

>>44946108
Lone wolf character possible, but limited when it comes to owning lots of territory is the only downside.

And no god worship is required. I may even include a boon of some sort for not worshipping a god.

>>44946234
Plugins exclusively for RP? None, but I'm definitely installing a local-global chat interface.

>>44946521
Way points will likely get built after the main highways are constructed.
Definitely need shelters for people to well... Shelter in, but you can't change spawn point if you're in a faction with a faction home, it will always spawn you there.

>>44946916
I'll get a full list of plugins up once I finish deciding what all is really necessary.
>>
>>44944555
Gotta say I'm disappointed that you will need 3 people to create a faction. I'm more of a solitary player and I like being able to create something on my own. Will there be any land protections for individuals?
>>
>>44947789
Same here I just want to build a nice backwater fort with an underground maze i hope they give us a way to protect it.
>>
>>44947789
>>44947989
I'll try to cook up a simple way to still accomplish this. But you're land claim might be skimpy
>>
>>44948592
What about not allowing 1 person factions to grow in power beyond the default? So they'll never get more than the 8 original chunks unless they expand.
>>
>>44948999
Expand as in more faction members I mean.
>>
>>44928771
>whiteagle
Lmao I remember you cunt
>>
>>44946597
The inland sea area?
Last I was roaming around the red desert towards the oasis
Can make my way to the sea there and check it would
Wouldn't mind making a beta pirate colony for now, might do something different for the full version
>>
File: ThinkingMan.jpg (87 KB, 328x284) Image search: [Google]
ThinkingMan.jpg
87 KB, 328x284
>cant join because im a pirate
>>
>>44949363
>Tfw bought it when it was $5
Wouldn't pay the current price desu
>>
>>44948999
Naw 1 man factions are shitty because there's always a ton of them an every scrub starts their own faction

What would be nice is if factions could create "outposts" far from their territory for things like watch towers, forts, farms and such
>>
OP have you considered using Towny?

That way there is an alternate option for 1 mans/small settlements or large groups who want to remain independent city states rather than join a faction

If you make the limit that a faction must have 5 members you can have loads of towns and only a few big factions
>>
>>44949426
>they'll never put it on Steam because they can't stand to put it on sale despite printing money for years now
>>
>>44949656
Microsoft is making too much bank doing jack shit so they don't need steam
>>
>>44949479
I dunno, I think having a good number of smaller factions is fine. I doubt this server will have enough people for it to become a real problem.
>>
>>44950873
Still having towns and factions would be nice even just so factions can have like forward bases or forts beyond their main territory
It would also make it interesting to have like confederations of a ton of little towns or one megacity
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.