[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parnatha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 25
File: 0d4cg1Y.jpg (628 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0d4cg1Y.jpg
628 KB, 1920x1080
Hey /tg/, a while back I had been discussing a Minecraft server called Parnatha with a number of you. We're still waiting for 1.9, but since we had such enthusiasm about the map (pic related) crafted by Moonti, and support for the server, we've opened the server early to explore.

The map is HUGE, so you can easily get lost, don't worry about messing up the landscape, this is a copy of the real map, so that people can scout out good spots for their future land claims. I repeat, don't get attached, the map will be wiped before 1.9 launch.

Also, I still need help building some of the "properties" or capture points (Lumber mills, Gold mines, Farms) that we had discussed previous threads. Post for more info.

Server IP:
s9.hosthorde.com:26011
>>
File: 2P4WdZa.jpg (324 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2P4WdZa.jpg
324 KB, 1920x1080
I wanted to link all the old threads for better FAQ, but they've all been long gone.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Right now we're running vanilla 1.8, pretty soon we'll be installing spigot and testing some custom plugins we have, namely the one configuring the custom capture areas, so kingdoms can fight over resource buildings in addition to normal minecraft shenanigans and quests.

Plus we have a deity worship system in place too that will need testing before 1.9.
>>
File: 2JihShQ.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2JihShQ.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
more landscape pics from the servermap
>>
File: 5ezCKuX.jpg (483 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5ezCKuX.jpg
483 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: 5vweGLT.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5vweGLT.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: 6Ytrb22.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
6Ytrb22.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: 8LReYkb.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
8LReYkb.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>44840365
Very nice map. You should probably have a pastebin for people that have no idea about the server etc.
>>
File: 92GsGpv.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
92GsGpv.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: 2015-10-29_16.07.59.png (1 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-29_16.07.59.png
1 MB, 1920x1005
>>44840607
Excellent point. I really wish those old server threads hadnt disappeared, they were archived even up until a week ago.
>>
File: cjkFVYF.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cjkFVYF.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>44840688
even just some brief descriptions of features or themes would help you.

Can OP even bump their own threads anymore?
>>
Wow, these are some really nice looking landscapes. Did you use a custom world generator?
>>
>>44840829
Working on some basic FAQ, I think OP can still bump...

>>44840837
It was a totally custom map painted by minecraft user Moonti, his title for it is Le Monde
>>
File: CRCSxBb.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CRCSxBb.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: dp6bMoI.jpg (525 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dp6bMoI.jpg
525 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>44840473
I'll colonize the shit out of that volcano. A BBEG lair with a big skull for the entrance looking at the shores
>>
TLDR for newfags,

Parnatha is a kingdoms based MC server that is a little different from vanilla. If you're looking for a hardcore "kill the other factions, destroy their stuff, steal their land" server, this isn't it. Parnatha is more about trade, building, quests, forming kingdoms with like minded players and yes going to war. Grieving will be impossible, but stealing from chests is acceptable.
>>
File: rqhjE5c.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rqhjE5c.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>44841295
DO IT. Thats the exact kind of thing I want people to do.

Just dont overplan and burn out.
>>
File: X7wSJqe.jpg (409 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
X7wSJqe.jpg
409 KB, 1920x1080
>>44841307
Tons of quests, and in the wild there are "Resource Points", a coal mine, a lumbermill, a fishery" which you can capture to receive a small income from. Other factions may steal these points and reap the rewards themselves.

Other than this, inside your territory it's minecraft as usual, building, fightan, craftan no restrictions.

Once we get the whole server updated to 1.9 we'll add more custom mobs, better quests and a completely custom nether.
>>
Might I ask how the fuck you managed to make those screenshots?
Some kind of 3rd party software perhaps?
God knows the actual game runs like shit.

Also, I'd love to add a bit to this world by adding some (well) hidden little dungeons or ruins.
>>
>>44841390
Maraku, and Moonti made those screens of that map with an external rendering program, don't worry the rest of us don't have crazy magic to make MC actually run well :D

And yeah, hop in, build something and if its nice ill lift it out of the map with MCedit, and place it in the real servermap (making sure you havent hid anything TOO OP or profitable.) I can help you command block it too when you're done.

Go nuts really, anyone is welcome to do this
>>
>>44841458
>don't worry the rest of us don't have crazy magic to make MC actually run well :D
I wish you did.
Fucking Dwarf Fortress runs better than Minecraft

I might check it out in the coming days.
>>
File: Hwyw4hc.jpg (528 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hwyw4hc.jpg
528 KB, 1920x1080
>>44841483
Go crazy, if you want Creative, just wait for me to get on and I'll set you. This is just a clone map of the terrain, so you can't mess anything up really.
>>
>>44841322
I'm used to that and I know how to do it step by step and still keep having fun in seeing the building take form, that's cool I like the idea you have of a faction server. I've been on at least 7 different for over 2 years and never have I seen one have balanced rules or players that followed them.

My finals ends tomorrow and I'll be on vacation with friends until February. I'm interested in this, it's been a long time since I last had a good RP in some game. I'll hop in as soon as I get back home.

I've got a few question, if they're not in the FAQ you're writing:
>Will the nether be opened and "private portals" allowed? I used to make colonies with a protected outpostvillage and cut myself from the overworld when the population pissed me off. It ended up looking pretty nice and I managed to survive in there until new players opened portals and came to trade for ressources.

>Can someone live on his own (i mean cut form other)? Or have his own outpost in the wilderness and still be part of a community?

>If someone wishes to focus on only one aspect of the game (building or trading) can he do so, or will he have to rely on fighting sometimes or trading if he's a figther?
>>
>>44841568
Awesome, glad to have more people.

Nether portals will unfortunately only exist in certain places. The entire nether will eventually be a custom landscape of its own, with story and cities, so player made portals would be hard. Nether materials will still exist and be appropriately challenging to get.

The focus of the server is for you to found or join a kingdom with other players, but I'm considering making small bands profitable as well.
>>
The resource pack keeps crashing on instal is there a fix? or just ignore it?
>>
File: plan.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
plan.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Here's a little brainstorming of what I had in mind when I saw the terrain. I might be able to bring friends with me for this.
>>
File: ohmagawad.gif (2 MB, 272x480) Image search: [Google]
ohmagawad.gif
2 MB, 272x480
>>44840365
Hot diggity dog that's pretty ...

Considering popping in and setting up a backwoods trading post somewhere cold. I have a fetish for building infrastructure that the block artists and griefers on my regular server seem to think is completely disgusting. And here you are, flashing gorgeous scenery and actually asking me to build mines and farms?

Was about to ask if you were running any modpacks, but then I stopped drooling over the pics and read the post below. You just got yourself a new recruit, sir!

One question came to mind: do you have one of them fancy online server maps?
>>
>>44842119
Click edit or options on the server entry on the multiplayer screen and change the resource pack options to do not use.
>>
>>44844230
Please! Will be setting up protection plugins even on the test server soon, just to make sure everything is calibrated properly.

No mod packs, but we'll be using spigot and plugins to do kingdom organization, industry, custom mobs and quests.
>>
>>44844230
Oh and no dynamap, the active mapping software some servers use, only a landscape map, many players don't want an active map as it can betray your position or secret fortress.
>>
Friendly bump
>>
>>44840365
I can help out with the capture points/properties
I am a pretty good builder. In server right now.
>>
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MAKE THOSE MOUNTAINS WHEN THE ALTITUDE LIMIT IS 256 BLOCKS?!

Because I once played Minecraft in Earth 1: 1500 map, and mount everest wasn't even good
>>
File: 2016-01-15_17.44.13.png (176 KB, 1600x837) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-15_17.44.13.png
176 KB, 1600x837
Bumpercraft

(pic server-unrelated)
>>
I joined and was able to mess around for a little while before I got a "Timed out" error. Connecting again by both the normal address and the IP the host resolves to keeps giving me the error. Could anyone help me? I'd love to see more of this server.
>>
File: latency.png (53 KB, 856x512) Image search: [Google]
latency.png
53 KB, 856x512
>>44850052
I'm having the same issue. Latency seems fine and it's reporting 4/50 players logged in ... but logging in just gives me "Timed out" after some 20 seconds.
>>
>>44850191
Yup

Dammit OP, if you want us to join your server, you need to fix this shit.
>>
>>44850308
I (>>44850191) already spent like three hours on the server, so I know it works. And it's as gorgeous as expected.

Absolutely no idea why it booted me all of a sudden, though. Testing varying the resource pack settings, no effect yet.
>>
>>44850412
It's booting me out when I try as well, just downloaded/booted up minecraft for the first time in years to play as well.
>>
File: f-f-f-failure.png (26 KB, 857x479) Image search: [Google]
f-f-f-failure.png
26 KB, 857x479
>>44850714
My exact problem. Do I have the wrong minecraft update?
>>
>>44850714
I tried logging in from another computer, and it still booted me; so either the server is down, or it's blocking my account/router IP.
>>
>>44850794
You should need 1.8.9, which should update automatically on start
>>
>>44850837
Well, that's what I have. So idk.
>>
>>44841307
>stealing from chests is acceptable
>>44841361
>Once we get the whole server updated to 1.9 we'll add more custom mobs, better quests and a completely custom nether.
Which will be good to build Nether Chest.

>>44844230
>Considering popping in and setting up a backwoods trading post somewhere cold. I have a fetish for building infrastructure that the block artists and griefers on my regular server seem to think is completely disgusting.
AND I SHALL BE THE RABBIT THAT RUNS THAT INFRASTRUCTURE!
>>
>>44850853
Same thing here, it says there's 4 people on the server but I timed out each time I tried to connect. Yet I can connect to other servers.
>>
Will i be banned for having swastikas on my buildings?
>>
Fuck. OP here, sorry I was sleeping (USfag in Europe) ressetting now
>>
OP here, was asleep, time for me to address some questions.

>>44847509
Because the mountains are so high, the sea level is quite low. The ocean is not very deep (necessary sacrifice) also if you live in a coastal plain, don't expect to mine too deep.

>>44850052
>>44850191
>>44850308
>>44850412
>>44850714
>>44850794
Yeah I dunno whats going on but I literally JUST set this shit up last night, sorry for slight errors, should be kinked out by end of week, Try now.

>>44851079
What's a nether chest? you mean ender chest?

>>44854645
Um... if the architecture is similar to himalayan.. or a temple where swastikas would make sense (being an ancient sanskrit symbol) but if youre going to build a concrete bloc and put big black swastikas on it... then I'd prefer not.

Eventually server rules will include no IRL racism, but if you wanna be IN character racist (like against another kingdom) thats fine with me.
>>
Most of our players last server (this is a 2.0 reboot) were USA (I am USAfag)

I would really like to get a decent Euro community this time as well if possible.
>>
File: zgl089M.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
zgl089M.jpg
526 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>44855226
I'm a Canuck, EST, who is up at 6:30 in the morning. Trying to get to sleep now, but hopefully will be on this evening.
>>
File: fEK0zSC.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fEK0zSC.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>44855280
no worries, should be up from here on out.
>>
>>44855209
Is server yarr-friendly?
>>
>>44855420
I don't know what that is... and it scares me that I have to ask.

Unless you mean pirates...
>>
>>44855436
Pirates. The software kind.
The other kind too.
>>
>>44855451
I dunno, if the server lets you on, go for it. If it doesn't I dont think I can do anything about it.
>>
Will it collapse into petty drama and epeen slinging like DFRP, ROTO, DFRPC, and pretty much all the other /tg/ minecraft servers did?
>>
>>44855523
Nope. I don't put up with that shit. If there's drama it means people are bored with the server. I aim to make sure that doesn't happen.
>>
I also suggest everyone use Optifine, its a "mod" but only client side, it basically just makes minecraft not run like shit, and allows you to see our extra pretty skybox.

Captcha sure loves milkshakes...
>>
File: rcZz5Sh.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rcZz5Sh.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Got some ppl exploran already. Be excellent to each other dudes.
>>
Exploring the world right now, trying to return to my comfy little valley
>>
File: 2016-01-18_07.00.59.png (883 KB, 1180x695) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-18_07.00.59.png
883 KB, 1180x695
Scenery bump
>>
So is there a map for this to help exploration? Or is the open image a map? With the top being North
>>
I'm into this. IGN Fizz, logging in to build something cozy
>>
>>44858328
It seems that North is actually to the left in the rendered image

Confused the hell out of me for a good while
>>
Man, I have so much going on right now and I'm already playing through 4 games at once, but I don't think I can resist this. I haven't played Minecraft since my RP community shut down and took the TES/Fallout servers with it. I've been looking for something to scratch my roleplay itch. (Any RP-Craft/Ashes Of Our Fathers/Akavir veterans out there?)
>>
>>44840365
You mention the map is huge, but it also seems to be on a lager then normal scale, trees for one look immense compared to vanilla.
>>
>>44859059
Trees aren't vanilla actually.
>>
>>44858848
Actually, I gave a few questions, since its been a while since the last thread:

Is this more Minecraft based or more Roleplaying based? That is, will there be character applications with backgrounds, will people be standing around town using '/me' to emote as they talk a lot, will there be fighting through describing actions instead of using vanilla Minecraft combat ever, etc.

Will it be only players, or will there be any NPCS? Not modded or villagers, of course, but just the kind that's a few blocks with a sign describing them on he side, for guards and shopkeepers and the like? If there will be, I have an idea to share.

Are any of the religions mutually exclusive/opposed? I get the impression war is expected, but I have no clue if fighting purely for resources and territory will be enough motivation. Religion is technically less useful from a gameplay standpoint, but can be a big help with RP motivation. My idea involving NPCs might help to make resources and territory more desirable.

Looking forward to checking this out later! If characters are actually a thing, I might repurpose an old character who was a cartographer. It's a great way to have something to actually do in character, and justify travelling around, too.
>>
>>44859282
OK, here's my idea. Warning: wall of text ahead.

Basically, my idea is to make NPCs a resource just like food, clay, iron, etc.

If you have control of a settlement, it will generate a 5-person group of NPCs. Call it a Squad or Unit or something, I don't know.

A bigger settlement, like a city, would give you more squads, whereas a small village might only give you one. Maybe controlling all the settlements or points in an area would give you a resource or manpower bonus, like in Risk?

You could direct squads to move from their home settlement to another points along roads you control, like how your command your faction's teams in "The Faction War" mod for STALKER: Clear Sky. You should check it out if you want some good ideas on how to handle control points, squads and movement, and all that

The purpose of a squad would be to use your resources to equip them, turning them into Farmers or Miners or Traders or Soldiers or Guards or whatever. Put a squad of Farmers on a food Resource Point, it starts generating food. Put miners on a mine, you get rock/iron/gold depending on the mine type. Different points might allow you to put more squads on it, which could increase the output, or if you have some weird Point that makes multiple kinds of resources (So you have, say, "Gulch Mine [Iron, 1/1 Squads]" or "Robinson Farm [Wheat, 1/2 Squads]").

Part Two incoming.
>>
>>44859763

Part Two:

If you give a squad weapons, you can assign them somewhere as guards, at a town, a resource point, a border, a road watchtower, etc. Maybe there could be some way to give a player attacking an enemy CP squads to go with them, somehow?

If a squad is killed, you would get a new squad at the original settlement after a while. You'd have to use resources to equip them again, though, and spend the time to move them back to where you want them.

This way, resources are needed to supply squads with equipment, and food, thus making resources more valuable as there'd be something other than players draining your stockpiles (making yourself some tools and filling your health bar doesn't take all that much to do).

Each squad would use up X food per "Turn", when all the resource points generate stuff (Maybe squads only move from one point to the next each turn?). This would make having food sources vital even when every player has stacks of it already. I guess if the controlled roads from the food source to the squad are severed, they'd be cut off, like in Planetside 2?

If a squad's original settlement is lost, you keep the squad, but when they die, you don't get a new one, obviously.

Players could count as a squad if they're at a point, for the purposes of defense and generating resources. That way you can still have someone RPing a family with a small farm in the country, or a hermit who protects the headwaters of an important river.

So yeah this is overly complicated and probably impossible to keep track of, but maybe it will give you some ideas you CAN use? I've wanted to use a system like this ever since I RPM'd on my old server, so it's be cool to see something of use come out of it.
>>
>>44859763
>>44859995
Feel free to start coding that.
>>
Millions of idea men, a handful of doers.
>>
>>44860110
More like 20 idea men, 10 doers.
>>
>>44860579
And no-one doing quality control, making sure 19 of the idea men aren't doing the exact same thing each in a uniquely retarded way.
>>
Just got forcibly booted from the server. Ideas?
>>
>>44860110
>>44860579
>>44860704
Now I'm all for getting shit done, but the mods take some pains to remind us that this is a temporary map. Can't do much more than proof-of-concept builds before the 1.9 update
>>
>>44860018
Yeah...
Hate to say it but to do what you want, you'd have to be good enough with Java to work at Microsoft on minecraft in the first place. That is an extremely complicated system.

What WOULD work is some modifed version of Factions that lets you claim an area, say a wheat farm, setup some command blocks to generate resources, and then seal off the command blocks with barrier blocks. That way people can claim/lose the areas however the factions mod is setup, and you have your resources.
>>
OP here,
>>44859763
>>44859995
Yeah... I also would love that, but you have any idea how much coding that would take?

>>44860732
Rebooted, I guess I'll set it to auto restart like 3 times a day

>>44860985
That's pretty much what we're doing
Factions that can't be taken from you, but locations on the map that generate resources that can be captured and recaptured by other teams. So your builds stay but if you want an economy boost you have to wage war or diplomacy over the resource properties. Ala might and magic only in real time
>>
Currently I'm wandering around looking for a could place to build a Dwarf Fort.
If anyone find a good mountain please send me the coordinates. I'd love some help building it but I can manage if everyone wants to do their own thing.
>>
>>44862291
>>44860985

Yeah, like I said, it's not very likely this could actually be done. I was more hoping something in there might give you some ideas you can actually use.

I will point out that coding hadn't even occurred to me. I was thinking of the "Two wool blocks and a sign" NPCs, and doing the moving and stuff manually. Granted, even then I'm not sure how easy it would be to keep track of which squad is where...
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.