[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmachine/Hordes General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: Harrier_Jeremy-Chong_2DEC15.png (2 MB, 1040x975) Image search: [Google]
Harrier_Jeremy-Chong_2DEC15.png
2 MB, 1040x975
Nobody cares about CoC edition.
http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-05-12-2016-0

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
https://www.forwardkommander.com
http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
First for Agonizers.
>>
>>47221770

I care and quite enjoy the new changes

>>47220548

Wold guardians hit hard (and auto knock down stuff) but they're limited by being only fury 3, not having reach, being able to sprint 4 inches and not having access to a lot of living warbeast buffs.

They're still good mind you, and with 1" reach they'll be better. It's just you can trivially get a stalker to Mat 8 Pow 20 + whatever charge bonuses you can fit, not to mention ghetorix can get Mat 11 Pow 21 before you even feat with eKromac.

Wolds have their place though and I love putting them down on the table
>>
what armies do you play (not just own but actually play)

http://www.strawpoll.me/10138678
>>
>>47221940
>Wold guardians hit hard
POW17 with two initials and no easy access to damage buffs isn't really "hard" for a heavy. Outside of Bradigus the Wolds are circle's least-damaging beast type by a large margin.
>>
File: tumblr_m9gzm1RdSi1qc8k49.png (124 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9gzm1RdSi1qc8k49.png
124 KB, 500x375
>Skornites come and shit up the CoC Q&A thread
>>
>>47222076
>faction with the most nerfs asks why faction that was unchanged or buffed was unchanged or buffed
>>
So what insiders is everyone looking forward to?

Mine are (in order):
1. PoM
2. Mercs
3. Khador

If the guy in the troll forums was correct Mercs should be next up which is cool, but Khador's a ways away and Menoth isn't even on the list.
>>
>>47222152
>faction with the most nerfs

nobody mentioned legion
>>
>>47222155
1. Khador
2. Khador
3. Khador
4. Mercs
>>
>>47222021

Excuse me, it hits hard in context. Baldur stone skinning it and then teleporting it, that'll hit decent. Being at the end of the Bradigus chain will do it too.
>>
>>47222155

Minions for days.
>>
well Just started another new army since a store is having a "going out of MK2" sale

Picked up:
Cryx plastic Battlegroup
Bane Knights full unit
Bane Thralls(Warriors) plastic box
Darragh Wrathe

All for 123 cad after tax

Guess I should play my friends with them a bit before MK3 hits so I can feel the nerf better
>>
>>47222076

Both the Skorne and Legion communities have been very bad about doing that.
>>
>>47222152
Cryx and Legion got the most nerfs.

They probably knew they deserved it, though.
>>
>>47222273

any chance that's in the lower mainland?
>>
>>47222181
Well, you can do that with a Warpwolf Stalker too. Will 5 Pow19s wreck a heavy? Maybe, depends on the heavy. But 5 Pow20s and a POW18 sure as shit will, and the POW20s have an extra 1.5" of threat range thanks to Reach.

Baldur actually doesn't like Wolds outside of Megalith all that much, his kit does way more for the wolves.
>>
>>47222307

markham ontario
>>
>>47222310

damn, congrats on the deal you made off pretty good
>>
>>47222273

Goddamn. That's a hell of a haul.
>>
>CoC has nearly 0 changes
>>
>>47222323
>>47222324

it was between Cryx and circle

Circles had a battlegroup for 30, tharn bloodweavers for 9.99, trackers for 19.99, min wolf riders 19.99

decision went to cryx because I'd actually eventually bring myself to paint cryx up
>>
>>47222336
Summary of cyriss changes:

"Induction is uncapped, go apeshit. Also your cards now have Mk3 costs."
>>
>>47222308

the whole conversation was about what wolds do in comparison, not who's better. Previously I had even pointed out how trivial it is to get a stalker or ghetorix up to Delete-Heavy tier alpha strike
>>
>>47222369

>oh and aurora gives everyone flying, lucants feat makes you repair more total and Lucant gives his jacks dispel instead of purification

Mic drop
>>
>>47222155
-Mercs
-Mercs
-Mercs
-Kayaz... Khador
>>
>>47222482
Kayazy are Mercs now. All the old Allies are Mercenaries with Partisan [Faction] rule.
>>
>>47222501
>All the old Allies are Mercenaries with Partisan [Faction] rule.

Source?
>>
>mfw just bought Madeline for Terminus before hearing about the changes

fug :D
>>
>>47222501

Kayazi and Precursor Knights in the same army, cats and dogs living together, utter chaos
>>
>>47222513
They mentioned that weeks ago when Eiryss 2 was shown and the whole "no more contracts for Mercs" thing was revealed. If you "need' a forum post then go find it yourself. I'm sure the Merc forum has it somewhere.
>>
Oh god, I forgot how bad battlegroups were to clean, poor Denny has so much excess plastic
>>
>>47222521
Kayazi, Precursors, Idrians, & Cephalyx are all one big happy family. I am curious to see if any of them work for other factions now.

I could see Idrians working for others if they aren't "devout" Idrians and Precursors could feasably work for Khador.
>>
>>47222568

Idrians would already work for Magnus in that one theme list nobody used

They did say cephalyx would still be their own thing but we'll see to what extent
>>
>>47222568
They've said Cephalyx are still picky and don't play nice with others, so you're unlikely to see them outside of actual Cephalyx lists.
>>
>>47222152
I know someone who has inside info, you don't even know how far Cryx has been nerfed.
>>
>>47222637

did he used to work at nintendo? cuz I know that guy too
>>
>>47222698
His info on Bane changes was accurate before the insider was released, and he already told me the rules for the new birds (they have more than just reposition), so I have no reason to doubt anything he says.
>>
Looks like Eiryss1 will be the go to Eiryss in Mk3.
>>
>>47222433
And no more targeting restrictions on the PA and TEP
>>
>>47222793
>tfw I have the No Quarters but am too scared to write down my credit card number in a mail that could get into the wrong hands during postage
>>
>>47222517
What's she do now?
>>
>>47222773
Any word on if they can be made by neurosurgeons?
>>
>>47222904
>>47222939
Sorry, I promised not to pass the info on.
>>
Mammoth's gun got nerfed a bit.

It's AoE 3 now instead of 4. And it got d3+1 shots per turn. Which is decent, but I was hoping for non-random shots on a gargantuan. Its range went up to 12 at least, which is where I wanted it. But dropping the AoE kinda kills the point of the gun, it's rat 3 so it's never direct hitting any model.
>>
>>47222954
Fuck off then.
>>
eHexeris has Field Marshall: Channeler

Hail Satan
>>
>>47223024

Archangel is 1d3+1 as well.

Might be the standard for most ranged big dudes other than Blightbringer.
>>
>>47223037
I guess I can say that Necro-Surgeons can't make new birds, it's technically not a spoiler I think.
>>
>>47223052
The d3+1 doesn't bother me. If it was straight d3 I'd be pissed.

Moving from aoe4 to aoe3 on a gun that can only direct hit models that are knocked down or are other gargossals is stupid. The whole point of that gun was shitting out 3 aoe4s to try to blast damage stuff while it was on the way in to a brawl.
>>
I'm curious how that'll go for the colossals like victor guess we will see.
>>
>>47223044

Hexxy1 sounds really promising as well. Here's hoping his feat is better.

>>47223024

I really don't know what to think about that change. He isn't required to spend fury to fire anymore but he has a AOE3 and a min of 2/max of 4 shots.

All I can think is, maybe they buffed him somewhere else? If his Rat was higher or the dmg on his gun, it could be nice. It's just weird considering, if he had stayed the exact same but got a small rng buff, he probably would have been fine. Maybe give him a few more dmg boxes.

I kind of figured, when they redid them, they would end up redoing the Mammoth as sort of the "long range" gargantuan and the Hydra as the melee beater. Now I don;t know if either will be all that great unless there is some amazing change coming.

Cmon universal Bulldoze. If all Gargs got BUlldoze the Hydras stock would go up by a bit.
>>
>>47223119
They did say that the gargs are both getting more boxes.
>>
How do Hordes players deal with so many options on the table? How do you just say enough is enough and not over run your fury?

Sorry I forgot you all have ways to clean off all the fury each turn
>>
>>47223297

ask us again in 2 months
>>
Reminder that cataphracts are the only heavy infantry spoiled so far to not pick up some kind of rules, only a nerf

Manowar and Cyriss: Repairable and still 8 boxes
Warders: Shield guard, brutal charge, always-on wall of steel instead of waiting to get hit to get the armor bonus
Champs: Threat increase, 14/16 is a better statline than 12/18 if facing non-boosted shots, gained steady to be one of the few things that still have mk2 tough
Blighted ogruns: Gained tough
Cataphracts: Lost a point of def
>>
>>47222155
Well, I play Legion and Circle, and have Skorne and Protectorate armies mid-assembly, sooo....

Circle's my main army but at the moment I'm more excited about Protectorate. Doesn't hurt that the Revelator is a fucking beast.And comes with its own theme song.

Who the fuck knows, though, I've been saving my pennies since Mk3 was announced and will splurge after I've got all the cards.
>>
>>47222336
>No-limit Induction is "nearly 0".

Tbh, I'm wondering what we're missing, as the other factions seem to be generally toned down, but CoC just got turned up to 11, or so it seems with the Insider.
>>
>Been wanting something akin to a Steelhead Sharpshooter for years.
>New edition announced
>Cygnar Arcane Tempest Sniper solo
Why do you not want my money, PP?
>>
>>47223532
What you're missing is that CoC was their lowest sales volume faction.
>>
>>47223075
>The d3+1 doesn't bother me. If it was straight d3 I'd be pissed.

This. I was hoping for straight up ROF 3, but d3+1 isn't different enough to bitch. Going down to AOE 3 is weird, though. Maybe Skorne is getting some sort of knockdown tech and the Mammoth now exists to drop boosted POW 15s into knocked down heavies.
>>
>>47223587

I always thought it was somebody's pet faction.
>>
>>47223575
I mean, that's basically Kell Bailoch.
>>
>>47223616
I'm assuming that's the case, considering our pow 18 rat 1 catapult.
>>
>>47223616
I'm pretty sure there's better things you can be doing with knockdown tech than using a Mammoth. If my hits are guaranteed, I'd be fielding a herd of Gladiators right about now.
>>
>>47223630

didn't the creator get booted out or something?
>>
>>47223587
>>47223532
Retribution had the same thing for MK2 you retards. They designed them with the new rule set mostly fixed in place so when the switch comes they're ready for it.
>>
>>47223532
Eh, it's not all that. Induction creates some weird positional issues unless you're just doing a gunline.

You've also got to consider that Warjack hate is going to be more common because people will actually be bringing warjacks now, so people will have a reason to put it in their lists.

Lucant losing Purification is also pretty big, CoC can't trivially ignore upkeeps anymore. And the Enigma Foundries also got hit hard with the general change to recursion mechanics.
>>
>>47223673

Well, given the new info, if pXerxis keeps Def Ward (pMak lost it, and with a lot of target-other defensive abilities going away and the Agonizer being a mini-pThag, at the moment I'm doubtful he'll have it), I'm thinking of doing something like:

pXerxis
Mammoth
Sentry x2
Catapult x2
Agonizer
Swordsmen x1 or 2
+ Support

Sentry takes Def Ward and stands in front of the Agonizer at ARM 25, doesn't die (and the second one takes over if he does), and drops headbutts and slams on stuff it can't kill. Mammoth + Catapults kill shit. Swordsmen jam and stack Fury and Xerxy's feat to kill everything, and sacrifice everything but the Mammoth to kill everything that can threaten the Mammoth asap.

Of course,

a) I'm expecting pXerxis to lose Def Ward
b) I'm expecting the Sentry to lose a point of ARM
c) Even stacking "add one die" with "+3 melee damage rolls", swordsmen still suck.

But it's a fun dream.
>>
>>47223805

pXerx kept it. He lost inhospitable ground and fury, but kept d-ward.
>>
>>47223796

>Lucant purification

Did you miss that he gives all his jacks dispel? That includes ranged weapons.

Recursion sucks worse for others because I'm not exactly depending on the melee attacks from my reciprocators to fuck anything up and they'll still benefit from shield wall
>>
>>47223816
>Did you miss that he gives all his jacks dispel? That includes ranged weapons.

It's specifically melee weapons only.
>>
>>47223815
Defender's Ward feels like it's going to be a really big deal in Mk3 considering how they're clearly nerfing armour against blast templates. The Krea no longer has it, even the fucking Razor Wurm lost the ability to shield from blast.
>>
>>47223828

Eh still, you're setting up your synergy chains anyway.
>>
>>47223815
I play against enough Circle and Legion I won't miss Inhospitable Ground. What did he get to replace them, and did he keep his feat?

Any word on the Sentry?
>>
>>47223850
What? We're talking about Father Lucant. He is not the caster with Synergy, that's Syntherion.

Also Synergy is capped at +3, in case you missed that.
>>
>>47223848
Krea used to give +2 arm vs shooting, now it gives blast immunity.
>>
>>47223854
http://battlecollege.org/Mk3+Spoilers#Sourced%20and%20confirmed%20spoilers-Specific%20Model%20Changes-Skorne-Lord%20Tyrant%20Hexeris
>>
>>47223854
He got tactical supremacy and rift to replace them. No word on his feat.
>>
>>47223875
Oh shit you're right. The Krea just went from auto-include to auto-include.
>>
>>47223877
Oops wrong warlock. Well here you go then.

Tyrant Xerxis

Lost Fury and Inhospitable Ground
Gained Tactical Supremacy and Rift
Gained Stir the Blood battle plan (affects FF model/unit, +2 STR for first attack this turn) Ref
>>
Xerxis is the poster child for the new Marketh.

Spell Slave had to have been designed with Rift in mind.

Xerx is a fury 5 caster. Why would he want a cost 3 offensive spell?

Because marketh can cast it for him, and marketh uses his MA of 7 to roll to hit instead of Fury 5. And then marketh can upkeep D-Ward or Tactical Supremacy for him to save Xerxis a fury point.
>>
>>47223636
But he's not a Steelhead, and Steelheads deserve more love.
>>
>>47223877
>>47223888
>>47223900

Thanks. Pretty cool. Shame on the Fury, though, as the last thing Skorne needs is another reason to not take swordsmen.

Now just need to see Tibs and the Sentry's card.
>>
>>47224142
Steelheads are just generic "what do we call these mercenaries that don't have a real theme" mercenaries.
>>
>>47224203
I feel like making it be the first melee attack each turn is literally spitting in the face of swordsmen.

Considering that swordsmen also got a point increase I'm probably going to rip their arms off and make them keltarii.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (132 KB, 1023x576) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
132 KB, 1023x576
>>
>>47224238
>I feel like making it be the first melee attack each turn is literally spitting in the face of swordsmen.

Here, have a (You).

I'd really like them to be useful. Maybe they've got something cool coming up, but even with eMak's Elite Cadre for THEM SPECIFICALLY I don't think there's a reason to take them over Nihilators or Keltarii.

Not that Keltarii are particularly good, they're just better at being swordsmen than swordsmen. Maybe the kelts will go up to PS 12.
>>
>>47224243
Since when was Magnus the Traitor bad?
>>
>>47224351
Since forever. He rolls over and dies to upkeep removal and basically doesn't have a feat. His spell list is good but let down by his FOC6, he can't put out his upkeeps and run his battlegroup on the same turn. At best he was just a less-good-than-Bart Galleon list.

Ironically, Mk3 might make him bonkers good just off the general changes, bonus points if non-Colossal merc jacks get buffed.
>>
>>47223477
I thought champs were 12/17
>>
>>47224590
They were 12/16 in mk2, before krielstone, and had defensive line for +2 arm. Defensive line is now +2 def, making them 14/16.
>>
>>47224243
Is zerkova really that bad?
>>
>>47222336
CoC was written when they probably had an idea of what changes they wanted to make in the next edition and ended up somewhat forwards compatible.
>>
>>47224913
She's like a cygnar caster without an arc node or a squire, basically. And her feat is at about the power level of one of haley's spells. Her debuff spell is like if crippling grasp was only a third as good and had to be hard cast at range 11. I guess it's nice that she has banishing ward?
>>
File: MK3.png (3 MB, 1920x1624) Image search: [Google]
MK3.png
3 MB, 1920x1624
>>47222076
All this delicious butt hurt honestly i just hope that MK3 even with the nerfs actually becomes an interesting game unlike MK2 otherwise i'm going to short sale all my menoth and be done with it
>>
I actually bought Zerkova the other day because she was dirt cheap and there's no way they could make her worse.

They need to give her field marshal channeler and some spells that are actually threatening.

Imagine playing Denny without any arc nodes, without stealth, with no meaningful offensive spells, her spells don't reduce arm or str or anything anymore except for def and prevents running and charging and is elemental typed, and her feat is basically Temporal Barrier once per game that also denies ranged attacks, but doesn't reduce def.
>>
>>47223868
Silly anon, the faction doesn't look OP when you don't give it access to every warcasters' spell list at the same time.
>>
So, wait. Corollary can hold 3 focus and can induct 3 focus. But it still has the power transfer action, which only works for 5" and requires line of sight and facing?

So, why ever use its * action?
>>
>>47225375
Anon, think for two seconds. You have to spend focus to trigger induction. What is the Corollary going to spend 3 focus on?
>>
>>47225375
because to induction a focus point you first have too spend it on something.

Also you get 2 for 1 shenigans out of it, when you spend a focus too transfer a focus you can also then induct the spent focus.
>>
>>47225604
>Also you get 2 for 1 shenigans out of it
Not anymore, the Corollary doesn't "spend" focus when using Power Transfer, it "gives" it. So it's a 1-1 transfer, not a focus multiplier.
>>
>>47225644
right missed that.
Still the point of the action is that induction needs the focus to be already spent.
>>
>>47225558
>>47225604
Attacking one of your own models with its incredibly dangerous 6 pow bash. Just boost each hit.
>>
>>47226020
I mean sure, if that extra inch is that important you're welcome to burn some clock rolling attacks on your own dudes, knock yourself out.
>>
>>47223777
Rumor has it that DC was kept in the dark initially about EggRoll(originally Wonton) and that he didn't take it too kindly when the news finally reached him.
>>
>>47226222
I'd be mad too if all my coworkers were having eggrolls and nobody invited me.
>>
>>47223816
Melee attacks only for dispel.

Probably a calculated change because good god are CoC going to be crazy ranged masters.
>>
>>47226298
>Crazy ranged masters
At rat 5 across the board and relying on easily killable range 7 (also rat 5) flare-bots to actually hit anything over def 12?
I don't think so.

I am curious how the new dispel thing will work. Lucant already has a upkeep in the form of Watcher. And having two cntrl-range spells seems kinda janky.
>>
>>47226527
It's likely simply be self.

And If you think CoC isn't going to be crazy ranged, you're a dummy.

For one thing, Ciphers have access to ranged too.

And for another, every single RAT5 jack is going to have 3 focus to work with.
>>
>>47226527
I'm looking here with my rat 4 khador with two models that have flare, one of which is a colossal and the other of which is our most expensive non-character jack, and the CoC guy is saying rat 5 with guaranteed 3 focus and dirt cheap flare servitors isn't good enough.
>>
>>47227515
Well now you can just pop someone in the mouth with a Field Gun and knock them down, so there is that.
>>
>>47227583
And CoC can do the exact same thing with a Mitigator.
>>
>>47227603
Sure, if you can keep a Mitigator alive and unengaged long enough to get into range of the important shit. It's not exactly a sniper.
>>
>>47227649
To add to this, yes the Mitigator can KD front line stuff easily, but unless you're playing against Circle who really gives a fuck? Heavies were going to get hit by everything anyway, and troops can spread out to avoid the aoe easily since it requires a direct hit.
>>
>>47226020
Stuff like this is why I'm mad they took out friendly charge targets
>>
>>47226035
It's not just about the extra inch.

If you want to start with a Monitor, for example(who usually only wants 2 focus), then giving means you can only exchange to it.

But if you do the punchy transfer thing, then you can give it two, and then another jack one.
>>
>>47222336
With everything getting toned down that is a very good thing for them.
>>
File: khador basher.jpg (92 KB, 516x640) Image search: [Google]
khador basher.jpg
92 KB, 516x640
Daily buff prayer.

Not just for you, Basher-tan, but for all Rhulic heavies.
>>
File: FiresofTruth.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
FiresofTruth.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>47228454
Nice.

What was #4? I remember Cygnar, Cryx, and Circle?

I tried getting on the email list, but PP gonna PP.
>>
>>47228523
Trolls was 2.
>>
>>47228454
>Doesn't even fight anybody
>Just burns down a town and personally torches a school teacher because they won't build a Menite church they literally can't afford

2righteous4me
>>
File: pp forums.jpg (371 KB, 1655x1029) Image search: [Google]
pp forums.jpg
371 KB, 1655x1029
>>47224973
>>
>>47228454
3 metal 5 me
>>
File: NoManLeftBehind.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
NoManLeftBehind.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47228523

Cygnar
Trolls
Cryx
Circle
>>
File: KeeperOfTheStones.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
KeeperOfTheStones.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
File: BoundInShadow.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
BoundInShadow.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
File: ClearCut.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
ClearCut.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>47228536

DEUS VULT
>>
>>47228647
I don't think they're too certain what deus vult at this point.
>>
>>47222295
They've all been saying they expected it since MkIII was announced.
>>
>>47222295
Legion are being the biggest faggots so far though. There forum board is fucking painful at the moment, including such classics as a thread asking PP to redesign Legion (again) because they have apparently bodged the MKiii legion. http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?250477-Stop-killing-LEGION
>>
>>47228845
>OP with 5 posts that barely types english then an entire thread of legion players saying calm down everything will be okay

show us on the doll where the legion touched you anon
>>
File: 1416004066996.jpg (32 KB, 314x370) Image search: [Google]
1416004066996.jpg
32 KB, 314x370
I wonder, with Lucant losing purification and Runes Of War probably not existing, if Legionfags will stop incessantly bitching everywhere.
>>
>>47228907
Legion no longer has shit for Lucant to purify that his new spell doesn't deal with anyways.

And he still has all the shit they hate.
>>
>>47228547
quoted for truth.
I talked to some of the PPS guys and mostly they avoid the forums like the plague.
>>
>>47229310

doug hamilton posts a ton in the legion facebook group, was really funny watching him make fun of all the criers
>>
>>47228536
They could've sold the Morrowan symbol or just converted that church into a Menite one.
>>
>>47229801
One of the big points of the traditional Morrowian/Menite split is that a Morrowan church is absolutely fine for worship of Menoth, there's no reason to do so.

No, the whole thing was fueled by his hatred of Morrow and the fanaticism of The PoM.
>>
>>47229801
He wasn't asking them to convert the church, he was asking them to rip it down and build a new one.

Also, in theory, a Morrowan church should be a religiously acceptable place to perform required Menite services, due to the way the two priesthoods hashed out their relationship centuries ago. He was just being a fanatical dickbag.
>>
>>47228454
>all the other warnouns get a cool military victory
>Malekus just burns a bitch and feels his dick get turgid over it

PoM everyone.
>>
I find it amazing that they made Disruption even stronger in the new edition.

Because how about those jacks being played more, guys?
>>
>>47230064
It is truly the Age of Cygnar.
>>
>>47230064
Disruption is a very rare effect, sometimes you'll have to deal with a select few things bending you over a barrel if you don't deal with them.

Good thing there's all this newly playable artillery around to bomb those pesky Stormcallers and Eiryss into the dirt.
>>
File: Chapter_143[1].jpg (204 KB, 735x1100) Image search: [Google]
Chapter_143[1].jpg
204 KB, 735x1100
>>47229951

DEUS FUCKING VULT
>>
>>47230064
On the other hand, medium based infantry have lost HP, blast damage is everywhere, and 'jacks in general have been given some huge buffs (on an individual level they seem to be getting buffed too). Every heavy has Reach, Power Up, etc.

Warjacks are definitely getting played a lot more in this edition.
>>
>>47230080
So rare it got it's own symbol.

Horseshit it's going to be rare. I bet half the factions have easy access to it besides Eyriss.
>>
Anyone got the new IK Unleashed supplement, Wild Adventure?
>>
>>47228454
>>47228614
>>47228627
>>47228632
>>47228642
Predictions for the other warnoun stories?

I'm guessing Helena will be killing Skorne, Zakaar will be killing elves, Khazlov will be killing Menoth, and Kryssa will be killing Cryx.

It'd be nice to have some matchups that we haven't really seen so far. I don't think we've seen Skorne fighting Khador or Ret fighting Menoth, have we?
>>
>>47230124
It will most likely just be Cygnar and Retribution with a fair amount of access to it.
>>
>>47230124
Fucking everything is getting symbol in Mk3, but by all means continue your baseless doom cycle freak out, I wouldn't want to stop your fun.
>>
>>47230150
Honestly, I think it's just going to make Colossals see more play than before.
>>
>>47230124
A total of 4 models in the entire game outside of Cygnar had Disruption in Mk2.

At worst Ret will see it on a few models, but it doesn't fit the theme of any other army. With the single exception of Eiryss you only see it on models that vomit lightning.
>>
File: IMG_20160513_122305609.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160513_122305609.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>Muh Hoksune
>>
>>47230124

saw a pp post saying they tried to get as much stuff as possible into symbols rather than using space on the back, so doesn't necessarily mean anything
>>
So Makeda2 is getting Storm Rager.

>Storm Rager – This upkeep spell gives a target friendly warrior model +2 STR, MAT, and ARM. Also, the affected model cannot be the target of any combined ranged/melee attacks.

What's the best target for this? Hakaar?
>>
>>47230396
Also maybe Rhadeim. Or Maximus. Or a Totem Hunter.
>>
>>47230416
>Rhadeim
Oh shit with the new cavalry changes he could get intense if you throw Storm Rager on him.
>>
>>47229310
Everyone who isn't a complete fucking retard avoids official forum. It's nothing but ass kissers and cry babies without exception.

>>47229553
I'm in the Retribution one and it's making me want to smash a baby's face in with a brick. "Hey guys, lets have a Garryth meme contest!" and their memes are so shitty even Reddit wouldn't take them.

I really fucking hate facebook but it's useful. I wish there was a way to get the local information without the spying.
>>
>>47230452
>I wish there was a way to get the local information without the spying.
Virtual machine + VPN. Thank me later.
>>
>>47230469
I already use that shit, but doesn't stop that every other idiot uses it who responds to me and you can figure out who I am via the connections
>>
>>47230528
Oh yeah when it comes to that you're fucked either way. At least it doesn't track all your other browsing this way.
>>
>>47230259
It is notable also that symbols don't require translating on the card per se.
it might not seem like much but it can be.
>>
>>47230528
You're worried someone will find out who you are on the PP forums ???
Wow.
You know that it isn't a secret cp exchange fbi honeypot, it's just a forum for toy soldiers...
>>
>>47230715
Try reading the post again you fucking retard.
>>
>>47230396
hopefully Thyron keeps it. I always love casting it on Issyen.
>>
>>47230729
i think you misunderstand:
I don't see the point of hiding yourself on PP forums. What does it matter if someone can find out who you are? It would require someone actually giving a shit in the first place.
>>
>>47230825
I think you're too retarded to understand that I was talking about Facebook not the PP forums. Do you see the part of the post where I switch to replying to someone else, specifically mention facebook and then in the same line talk about an issue with facebook? That's your hint.
>>
>>47230734
I hope Thyron gets Martial Disciplinelike PP said he would.

Also, PP have mentioned his 'buddies' turning up on the table as one of the rings they're most excited about for Ret in MkIII. Medium based weaponmasters confirmed?
>>
>>47231168
With all this AOE going on I would like Ret to get multi wound infantry unit.

But I lost all my hope on this.
>>
>>47231182
They have however been hinted at in the insider. We're one step above speculation now.
>>
>>47231182

That would be fun.

Maybe some heavily armoured combat mages. Battle Mages on Steroids.

Alternatively, maybe something else from House Rhyslyrr.

Stormtroopers in heavy armour with SMGs and Penetrate.
>>
I'm a potentially new player but I'm stuck choosing between Everblight, Menoth and Circle. Any advice on choosing? I was reading and seemed like Cirle has a much steeper learning curve. New battle boxes looked like good deals too.
>>
>>47231289
>I'm a potentially new player but I'm stuck choosing between Everblight, Menoth and Circle. Any advice on choosing?
Which models do you like best? What kind of playstyle do you prefer?
>I was reading and seemed like Cirle has a much steeper learning curve.
Not really true.
>New battle boxes looked like good deals too.
You should definitely wait for those.
>>
File: what the actual fuck.png (91 KB, 457x288) Image search: [Google]
what the actual fuck.png
91 KB, 457x288
It's 6:30 AM, I haven't slept yet, and I just powered through Saxon Orrik, Orin Midwinter, Gastone, Eiryss2, and a full unit of Idrians+UA in one painting session.

Mk3 is doing strange things to my life.

>>47231289
Play Circle, or are you some kind of pussy who needs those fancy "guns" and "armor" to win battles?
>>
>>47231289
You're right about Circle. They have one of the steepest learning curves, but I'd never say they're not a beginner faction. If anything, starting with them helps.

Really, it just comes down to play style and aesthetics.

Do you like denial, antimagic, and units that buff one another? Then Menoth is your jam.

Do you want to run loads of fast, strong, efficent dragon monsters lead by elf waifus? Legion.

Do you want to play around with movement shenanigans and sneaky druid tricks? Circle.
>>
>>47231348
you must paint like shit if you can paint that much in 1 day. Slow the fuck down and learn to highlight worth a damn.
>>
From PPS_Soles

"I really need to be doing something else, so don't expect much follow up... But...

1) Hexeris 2 has Field Marshal: Channeler. Otherwise no. But each warlock has plenty going on.

2) Aside from my answer above, Hexeris 1 evolved a lot. Honestly, this one became one of my missions. I wanted him to be a solid spellslinger to make sense of that Soul Slave spell which always felt like it should be somewhat defining. As a result of play test he traded Life Drinker for Blood Boon and lost Psychic Vampire and Soulfire, but gained Influence and Spirit Leech which is a RNG 10, POW 13 attack spell that says, "When this spell hits an enemy model with 1 or more focus or fury points on it, that model loses 1 focus or fury point and the spellcaster gains 1 fury point. If the spellcaster does not have the Fury Manipulation special rule, it cannot gain a fury point as a result of Spirit Leech."

3) Xerxis 1 went through some significant changes. He eventually lost Fury and Inhospitable Ground but picked up Rift and Tactical Supremacy. We wanted to limit the models that had Inhospitable Ground and I believe it now only exists in one place. Rift both gave him a spell with a similar feel but also one that could through out some damage. He also picked up a third battle plan, Stir the Blood which says, "RNG 5. Target friendly Faction warrior model/unit. If the model/unit is in range, each affected model gains +2 to its first melee attack damage roll this turn." That should take some of the sting out of the loss of Fury, especially since it does not cost any fury.

4) The loss of Far Strike was not really a design concern so much as a balance concern. We tested the Mammoth significantly under the new play environment and ended up increasing its RNG to 12, changing its ROF to d3+1, but reduced its AOE size to 3. There were versions of it that also had RNG 14, AOE 4, and Strafe at various times and in various combinations."
>>
>>47231398
Hey Skorne, Retribution here. GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM OUR ABILITIES YOU CUNT.
>>
>>47224973
Speaking of selling stuff, whats a good place/way to sell a bunch of models in bulk?

I got quite a lot of Cryx and a good amount of Legion that Ive been sitting on for about a year and a half unsure if I should sell them or not. Theyre all put together with the exception of some pieces that fell off during a move and replacment parts from a packaging error I never put onbut almost none are painted.

Ebay? Craigslist? Any suggestions are appreciated.
>>
>>47231439
Wait, what? What abilities are they stealing?
>>
>>47231524
Stealing the opponents focus/fury was Kaelyssa's iconic ability in early MKII
>>
>>47231456

Nobody ever really posts on Craigslist. At least not here in Texas.

Ebay is a good place to buy individual used models.

If you want an army swap or to buy an entire army at 75% to 50% cost, then go to Bartertown.

http://www.bartertown.com/trading/
>>
>>47231708
Thanks mate, Ill check it out. My biggest concern was just dealing with the shipping costs of like a 2ftx2ftx3ft box filled with minis and foam trays. Figured that that would be hellacious shipping cost wise.
>>
>>47230135
>Ret fighting Menoth

Reliquary Guard theme force fluff in No Quarter.
>>
>>47230135
>Ret fighting Menoth

Why? Their goals are probably the most aligned of any factions'.

Both want to abolish human sorcery and mechanika in the world. Menoth has no desire to convert Isoans and Isoan deities have no real beef with Menoth or his followers.
>>
>>47232174
They could be fighting over land or a resource of some kind.
>>
>>47224220
They are tercios u dum dum
>>
>>47232248
Or bitches
>>
>>47232174
"Worship Menoth or else"
"Your magic is hurting our Gods, GET FUCKED!"

Fisticuffs time. They're both religious and not of the same religion. Menoth won't stop using Magic to burn shit and Ret wants to stop all human magic. How are they aligned?
>>
>>47231398
Multiple Cannoneers better than single Mammoth at being range-beasts. That'll be something; must re-convert titans.

>>47231439
The siphon mechanic with Hexeris.

One the one hand, Hurrah for Hexeris2. On the other hand, figures that it is the most defensible warlock in the faction that gets the Field Marshal: Channeller.
>>
>>47232482
>implying divine magic sourced from non-elven deities hurts Iosan gods
>>
>>47232482

Isn't Menoth magic powered by divine might, not arcane?
>>
>>47232482
>"Worship Menoth or else"
Menoth is a human god, he does't give a flying fuck about other race religion as long as they don't worship Devourer Wurm.
>>
>>47232902
Priests are divine, Menoth considers arcane magic to be impure and to sully the soul with its deviance.

However, the Protectorate is willing to bend the makers rules to make use of arcanists in the form of Vassals, and arguably Warcasters (jury is a little out on what they're classified as still, since a warcaster can be a sorcerer or a priest and folks like Butcher or Magnus didn't go to wizard school).

So PoM is willing to Vassal every arcanist they can capture, but Retribution wants them dead and that would remove all warjacks from the PoM and halt the crusades. On top of this, Retribution may not even distinguish the different kinds of magic amongst humans because their own magic isn't as strictly defined as one or the other. They also have a lot of general racial sentiments amongst the extreme portions. Think of them as an entire race that's just been told they have terminal cancer, their parents have just died or are latest stage with the cancers, and they've found a correlation to someone that could have given them and their family the cancers.
>>
>>47232174
Ret's goals are straight up genocide.

They believe that human magic is what's causing all their shit. The problem is that humans are born with the Gift and there's no way to know whether or not a baby will be born with the ability to use magic. The only way to make sure is to kill all humans.
>>
File: 14615963010560.jpg (26 KB, 377x502) Image search: [Google]
14615963010560.jpg
26 KB, 377x502
>>47221940
Yeah i get as much about living beasts having more damage output and thus maybe they are able to simply trash enemy heavy before they do shit to them.
What about trolls then? Will they survive such an attacking frenzy stuff?
Just cant decide whom to pick - circle or trolls.
I like both trolls beasts and infantry, but since they REALLY WANT infantry on their lists it would be hellishly pricy compared to circle.
Since i wanna collect 4 armies at once it is sort of crucial.
Oh and overall do troll lights kill stuff or they are actually doing a laughable amount of damage and same/nearly the same survivability?
>>
>>47232975
Keep in mind that the Protectorate does sorta care.

They don't like trollkin or ogres ubless they're doing hard labor. They don't seem to mind elves that much, but I doubt they'd be above attacking them if they had a good opportunity, simply to establish mankind as unopposed.
>>
>>47233114

A troll warbeast? Not usually. Maybe if it got stacked completely on buffs the MK or GK might survive, but that's not the point. Sure my ghetorix can kill any model you put down, but Trolls are about making a crumple zone in front of your army that I can't lawnmow through, so that your army can endure and counter attack after the alpha strike. Ideally, anyway.
>>
>>47233114

Keep in mind Troll units cost about as much in dollars and have about the same points cost as their beasts will in Mk3 with fennblades and Kriel Warriors being the major exceptions although you can still make a fine list without either.
>>
I'm a retribution player tempted by circle or trolls for MKIII. I have some Skorne but not much interest in them. Can someone convince me away from warp wolves please?
>>
>>47234194

They're too fun and give you as a player too much agency in deciding how the battle goes.

It's just too satisfying to win through perfect Keikaku Doori
>>
File: spoilers.jpg (69 KB, 601x959) Image search: [Google]
spoilers.jpg
69 KB, 601x959
Here. Eat up.
>>
>>47234561
The Hex Hunters change is making me salty.
>>
>>47234911
yeah.
>>
>>47234911
shadowbind is cool, I guess. Doesn't really synergise with battle wizard tho.
>>
>>47221770

>Nobody Cares about CoC edition
>Meanwhile in the daily 05-12-2016 thread in the official forums
>"Whaaaah, why did they get 8 boxes and my Skorne didn't? Whaaaaaah!!!"

Apparently some people did!
>>
>>47224238

Its fun watching Skorne players not realizing the whole game is being revamped and probably will be tons more fair overall in mk3.
They act like that spoiled kid "only" getting a brand new car for his 16th birthday, but not the car he wished for.

I have a friend who has a reasonably sized army of Skorne, he isn't one of those whiny bitches you see on the forums (... or maybe he is!), but rather gives the silent treatment. But you know he is a power player when he suddenly stops playing those guys and starts up fresh with something that just recently got a more positive insider.
>>
>>47234561
I'm kinda getting annoyed at the farstrike spam across factions.
>>
>>47235223
To be fair, it's amazing how poorly they've managed the Skorne spoilers. They keep intentionally leaving out important shit for the models(like what the Mammoth's RAT and animus is) and say stupid shit(Like Soles saying he put in a ton of work for pHexxy only to say he changed out two spells for two worse spells).

I'm willing to believe that Skorne is getting better, but they're doing an absolutely terrible job explaining it.
>>
>>47235223

I legit hope they take out all gimmick builds from Circle and keep the core "git gud" of the faction. They did a lot through errata but I imagine eMorv will probably bite it
>>
>>47235278
It feels rather token now that its target:self.
>>
>>47235292
I want to believe.
>>
>>47235292

To be fair yet again, had the local forum users united in these important questions instead of in a harassing way trying to nag at the creators of the game of what went bad, they might actually got some goodies out of it.
Now as it stands, they not only got a "bad" review in your opinion, but also missed out on all the good FaQ shortly followed. Now only this, but they also >>47235085 mentioned, ruining it for other spoilers to come.

Watching the latest insider from CoC, I realized that about 3-4 answers was to some whiny Skorne player not giving up on the quest for "justice". And why oh why, huge metal robots got 8 boxes and hot his men in armor. The creators tried to explain it to him, but like a retarded kid he simply refused to listen, and re-phrased his question once again.

>>47235297

Oh I think the whole game will feel different when mk3 gets here. Everything will feel a lot more bland, with a sting of your team to it. Cryx will be the necro-tech re-animators, Khador will be the frozen magic heavy armor they should be, Legion will be all about stealth and speed, and so on. Internally we will also be able to pick and chose with much more variety, as nothing will truly stand out anymore. Sure there will be bound to be some Rock, Paper, Scissors combinations, and I for one hope to see some great synergy units out there. Giving hopes to people who doesn't like to spam the "Best" unit in the army list, but instead increasing the efficiency of all units through a certain combination.
>>
>>47235373
Yeah. It feels kinda a waste of space.
why the farstrikers just dont get a good gun and get something else is beyond me
>>
Farstrike beasts are the most boring things of mk3.
>>
>>47235796

Which is funny because far strike is objectively better than all of their original animi
>>
>>47235881
Cyclopse Raider.

OId Farstrike >>>>> New Farstrike
>>
>>47235437
As a longtime Skorne player, a lot of it comes from bad memories of the mk2 playtest where the designers refused to communicate anything. This lead to an endless cycle of yelling between playtesters and designers that saw the core playstyle of mk1 Skorne get thrown out the window. In its place was a faction that seemed to lack any kind of identity or options outside of "beat face" that was propped up by a solid core of a few models and an overreliance on theme forces to approach anything resembling a competitive army.

Come mk3, and a lot of players are seeing a lot of the same signs from the design team. Lots of changes to core models (heavy infantry, Titans) with very little communication as to how the changes are necessary or make sense in the context of the faction. The insider and spoilers also point towards our casters getting actively worse (see Makeda1, Mordikaar, Xerxis1 changes) in a faction already seen as having weak casters. Then, we see the kinds of things that Cryx, Legion, and especially Ret are getting in their Insider and spoilers and based off the information we have, it seems like we are actuvely weaker against factions we already had trouble with.

It comes as kind of a harsh reality, as many expected Skorne's stock to rise dramatically with the shift to more battlegroup-heavy games and the toning down of upkeep hate and control effects. At this point, though, it seems like our best tools to deal with that kind of shift are being toned down as well.

tl;dr poor spoiler communication, past experiences, and being "minions-tier" for all of mk2 have Skorne players panicking like rats on a sinking ship.
>>
>>47235947

Yeah as an animi slinging fuccboi. It's exactly the same when he casts it on himself
>>
>>47235976

These skorne tears are beautiful
>>
>>47235976
I think it's mostly Jason Soles being terrible.

Will's insiders have all recieved general positive hubbub. Ret one was probably the most positive one and legion didn't offend any. Jason's are just full of statements that raises more question and are so fucking off point that you can't give a shit.
>>
>>47235437
>The creators tried to explain it to him, but like a retarded kid he simply refused to listen, and re-phrased his question once again.

Their answer basically summed up to "Because we said so.", so yea, that might cause some friction.

>>47235976
>see Makeda1, Mordikaar, Xerxis1

Makeda1 I think is still iffy, but yea.

Mord I think ended up with a shitload of Hordes hate if the whole "spells cost 1 more" applies to animi, which it seems to do. Especially in the context of so many Warbeasts picking up SELF only animi, that spell might make it's money on a lot of beasts.

Xerxis I think actually got better, all in all. Yea, Rift is stupid and Marketh bait(though Marketh is good with him anyways), but Tac Sup is a nice spell, and sure, no more Fury swapping, but the Battle Plan takes pressure off his Fury load. We come back to the whole fucking needless silence over him having Def Ward(my guess is they want to talk about the spell in the Menoth Insider and so refuse to do so before that), but I think if he kept it he's going to be doing better overall.
>>
I think the other thing that might really make sense of shit is that the Devs absolutely hated the way people played Mk2, and they're doing their damnest to change the way the game plays to fit their vision.

I don't know what that vision is, but the normal infantry attrition tactics of super alpha abilities all seem to be getting hit the hardest.
>>
>>47236121
The spoilers don't really have me upset, more curious as to how they all fit together with the stuff we don't know about in the mk3 picture. But yeah, some people are getting really buttblasted by the current appearance of things when we don't even know everything on the card. For example, all we know about Makeda1 is that her spell list changed when her mk2 spell list was seen as really strong. Some people are assuming everything else will stay the same (stats, feat, etc.) on her card and as a result, she is now garbage. I'm thinking that they had to tone down her spells because they changed another aspect of her to compensate.
>>
>>47236171
Soles are very much "Faction's theme is X and its really good at X. So heres a nerfed version of X. Enjoy it."
>>
Some of the Skorne spoilers being absolute nonsense doesn't help much either.

Like the BE. It wasn't buffed or nerfed, it was just drastically changed, but they didn't tell anyone about all the changes, just a totally out of context bit.

Like, what are people supposed to make of the whole SPD increasing Fury tokens bit? It makes no fucking sense on the Mk2 model.
>>
>>47236441
Yeah. It's rubbed a lot of our club the wrong way, regarfless of faction.
>>
>>47236345
And there's merit to that idea, but this comes back to the idea that maybe they should give more context to all the changes.

They're just throwing out random nonsense bits and giving no way for people to judge them, then going "lol you don't understand" instead of explaining themselves. Like, the forum spoilers bit has just become a fucking nightmare because of this, because people ask about shit, they tell us random shit, and then we get told we're asking the wrong questions instead of trying to answer the questions more honestly.

Like, they should devote the forum spoilers time to writing shit that's less specific in focus but more informative in how the factions have changed.
>>
>>47236441
With no compensation might I add.

>Trolls are good at buffing damage and armor
>we'll take away but tell you absolutely nothing about how you are buffing infantry damage. Here, have an exact same corollary as mkii, whelps are the same too
>aren't you excited?
>>
>>47236532
Man, I fucking love my new Corollary.

I'm going to figure out some way to model it looking angry as hell, with dents all over it from slamming into the other jacks, over and over.

I just have this image of the Corollary behind a heavy warjack screaming "GET THE STUPID FUCKER! ICE THAT NIGGER!" while the warjack is just going "Holy shit, calm down."
>>
>>47236514
I agree. I couldn't care less if X model gained Y rule. I want to know about how the base elements of the game have changed and how they effect each faction. I'd rather they had spoiled Primr/Primal instead of cherry picking models.
>>
File: 1463044034506.gif (267 KB, 159x161) Image search: [Google]
1463044034506.gif
267 KB, 159x161
>>47236560
Of all the times I wish I was a drawfag...
>>
>>47236532
Trolls and Skorne basically for the same treatment and it feela so bad. Soles is basically their super abusive dealer/boyfriend and they're too addicted to spoilers to notice the bruises.
>>
>>47222839
If you see suspicious purchases start poping up on your credit card record, just cancel the card and claim that somebody stole your number. It's not like you'll be held accountable for those purchases.
>>
Menoth insider when? I must go repent.
>Reznik wrack me.
>>
>>47233850
Hell, so you are saying trolls cant be played as balls-out warparty kicking everyone' asses because despite being durable they are still slow and may just not survive long enough to actually deal some damage?
Is that issue with beasts only or with infantry aswell?
Hell i am still shaking between goddamned circle and trolls. I love the idea of hunting druid party kicking ass of everyone in their presence, but trolls are daym charismatic with their booze and, well, being trolls overall. When i was a childe, i was painting almost precisely trolls fighting other trolls lol.
Maybe i need to watch more of the battle reports or something.
>>47234162
Well i am buying second-hand and there are much people selling both armies actually.
Interesting stuff is that i did not really see people selling their Ret, Mercs or Cygnar armies. Almost never.
>>47234334
>Keikaku Doori
Hell is that?
>>
>>47236718

Trolls are tough but they work as a group. You can't brick one model up to be un-warp wolfable, but you can make your army tough enough where I can't kill enough to win, and then you beat my dumb werewolves over their dumb furry heads.

Trolls and Circle play pretty opposite from each other. Circles gives it, Trolls take it.

And Keikaku Doori means "Just as Planned".
>>
from jake vanmeter on FB, Bolt thrower animus is far strike costs 11
typhon is costed at 24 pts animus is same costs 1. Same bond as before. FURY 5 arm 18
Naga is 8 pts with same animus effects friendly factions models. Has crit shadowbind on gun and lost crit poison
Thags anthanc ability allows him to refill all fury after he leeches if he's not at full fury
Abby1 is 15/15 with a few different warps. One is Ashen veil warp, one is plus 1 spd and flight, there's another I'm forgetting. her spells are forced evo, blight field, wild aggression and he hyper aggression spell that dr Arkadius has. She still has resourceful.
Zuriel is 18 pts but is MAT 8 and resembles more of a karn feel now except no weapon master. Quick work, pow 15 swords with precision strike and combo strike. Also assault. Animus is dodge, costs 1.
Abby2 WB points is 28. Hex bolt is range 6 costs 2
Hex hunters lost stealth, gained prowl and are spd 6. Bayal gives them
Shadow bind on their swords.
Fyanna is same and is 5 pts
Anyssa the same and is 8 pts
Teraphs are cost 10 and have counter blast
Wasps are cost 8 defense 13 over 12
Harriers are cost 3 lost true strike, gained dodge animus and are pow 9 defense 13 with annoyance.
Stingers are pow 10, 1" reach crit poison
Black Frost Shard have battle wizard fianlly!
>>
>>47226222
But.... Why? Why wouldn't they tell him? Poor bastard.

That said having tried to work with them on a writing gig last year I can totally see it. Love their game but their business communication is garbage.
>>
>>47236102
It wasn't more interesting. Just better, which was the point.
>>
>>47231560
That's always been Hexeris's jam too though. Hexy 1 reaves from enemy warbeasts if he's closer for example.
>>
>>47236920
Because DC is better than Jason.
>>
>>47233205
They don't like trolls and ogruns because the Protectorate don't differentiate between Dhunia and Devourer.
>>
>>47236176

It was more in the lines of what I mentioned

>Internal balance, no unit better than the other, only different.
>Big robots has more boxes than men in heavy armor

But we get it, it was you, no need to shy out.
>>
>>47236171
>legion didn't offend any

there was almost no positive news in our article, they acknowledged that and hopped in a second forum thread with a bunch of new info for us because of it
>>
>>47237444
I think that's the difference. Soles continues with this cutsey "all part of the master plan" bs instead of just admitting that there was not a lot of positive news in the insider and then actually answering questions about the things that were nerfed.
>>
>>47226222
Jesus, why? What did he do to them that made them want to keep DC out of everything? Did he shit in their Cheerios?
>>
>>47237405
Na, I'm a Convergence player.

And the problem with the idea that models are only balanced against their own faction is the fact that you don't just play against your own faction. And looking across the table and seeing a model better than yours in every way and being told "Doesn't matter, not in your faction." Doesn't actually make much sense in balance terms.

I understand why most medium base infantry lost boxes, and I'm happy as can be that mine didn't, as it was a core part to our faction. But Skorne players have been told their medium base shit is worse in Every direction and then asked why, they got told "for fluff reasons"
>>
>>47235976

So your against Skorne playing the team that robs enemies of souls, while keeping them for themselves. The team that gets stronger with each death on their own side, playing like they should?

Because thats what we will get in mk3. PP has already stated that each team will really get a part of the branch they belong to in the fluff, and this is Skorne fluff, this is what will differentiate the team as a whole.

So while people knows a fraction on whats to come, and having given the explanation its for internal balance and that each team will follow its fluff, Skorne players still whines like little bitches.

Personally I think the reason behind this is three folded
>1 - People had expected the nerf on Cryx and Legion, but was unprepared for the bat to swing yet again at Skorne. Awaiting a buff-train the joyful laughers soon became the screaming tears of man-children refusing to believe yet another nerf-fest was unleashed on a team not being the top dogs!
>2 - Not being a top tire team left little to no other ways of playing with but a few units. These units where spammed and utilized to the brink of being the only thing used in the army book. When a mk3 hits and the developers explain that every unit will now be a viable option, and the units once so popular was brought down a bit (at the same time some units where brought up), people lost it! I'm talking flipping tables over that their army of spam had now lost its once usefulness.
>3 - And in any army which has a set number of "must haves" there are bound to be marketing values in models not yet purchased. Thus pp did the only logical here and said "well, now everything is useful", and earning a pretty penny to boot.

Regardless, Skorne players have forever marked themselves as little bitches for the rest of mk3.
>>
>>47233036

Menoth's tend to kill or wrack people with the gift. Vassals are just a necessary evil and as soon as the elves get to work helping reestablish Menoth supremecy, the sooner the Menoth's can kill all those filthy arcanists.
>>
>>47237636

I imagine PP looked at how good reciprocators are and took that as inspiration for how to make MoW shock troopers work
>>
>>47237636

But Skorne had the BEST medium based infantry before. Why are they surprised it got nerfed?

Newsflash, if anything in your faction is a must have that you consider the best option and others bitch about it and constantlt wish they had it, then prepare to be nerded.

How is this surprising anyone?
>>
>>47237640
And to some point I agree with you, but you've got the developers sitting here refusing to explain how that's going to happen at all, so of course people are pissed.

Like, they should take time to explain how the new Skorne is going to work instead of just sitting there and refusing to explain themselves.
>>
>>47237712

It's funny too because Cataphractii going down to 5 boxes does lower their tanking but they still have good offensive power for medium based infantry.

The people who I hope get mad about losing boxes are people who liked bastions.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.