[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WARMACHINE/HORDES GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 12
The Salt must flow edition.

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-05-11-2016

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
https://www.forwardkommander.com
http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
File: 1462767803141.jpg (63 KB, 630x833) Image search: [Google]
1462767803141.jpg
63 KB, 630x833
Salt for the Salt God!
>>
File: Calandra-Tartan.png (513 KB, 520x788) Image search: [Google]
Calandra-Tartan.png
513 KB, 520x788
I don't play Trolls but it all looks like good news o me.
>>
In b4 the thread turns into that 1 Skorne NEET whining.

Sick of retribution people jerking off over Garryth as well. I'll play him as he fits my style but drop the boner you faggots.
>>
the salty has awoken
>>
>Skorne get nerfs
>trolls get buffs
>troll players still whining
top kek I'm glad MMM is dead, fuck Runes of War.
>>
With the 15 point Mauler, I'm starting to think the 10 point slayer is not that cheap.
>>
I haven't played WM since MkI, what's the general consensus on MkIII previews? I stopped playing because they watered down all the factions and made everything to generic from MkI to MkII. Is MkIII just further watering down of all the factions?
>>
>>47202158
Dude, Mk2 was a massive improvement over Mk1. Mk3 seems to be another step in improving the game.
>>
>>47202158
The general consensus is that PP is terrible at previews because everything is lacking in context
>>
>>47202205
Mind actually explaining your opinion?

>>47202216
I guess PP hasn't really gotten any better at that since the MkI days.
>>
>>47202216
The only people who think that are butthurt shits who are pissed that their faction-warping models are being reigned in.

Honestly, the spoilers so far have been almost all shown the game moving towards better balance.
>>
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?250769-OFFICIAL-Insider-05-11-Jason-Soles-Trollbloods-Overview&p=3510811&viewfull=1#post3510811

>Gunnbjorn's feat now reads, "While in Gunnbjorn’s control range, friendly Faction models gain cover, do not suffer damage from ranged attacks, and cannot become knocked down. Fortification lasts for one round."

eat shit swans
>>
>>47202092

> mauler used to be 9 points
>slayer used to be 6 points

>new Mauler is 7.5 points
>new slayer is 5 points

Really? Cryx salt at its finest grain
>>
>>47202312

>eat shit swans

>the one faction who will just electro keep everything to death

Ok
>>
>>47202399
>POW 10's
>>
>>47201723
Someone is mathier than me, Champs going from DEF 12 to DEF 14. Does this do anything to your boosts?
>>
>>47202452
def 14 is good.
Average mat is...6?
You need an 8 on 2d6 (above average roll) Pretty good
If mat 7 is average you need a 7 and thats an average roll pretty good honestly.
Most infantry are Def 10-13.
>>
>>47202389
I don't think I'm being salty at all. It got a bigger price reduction than the slayer, and is better in every way, just on virtue of being a fury 5 warbeast.
>>
>>47202452

Def 14, arm17, with multiple boxes and the ability to take hits for one another makes them similar to Exemplar Errants with Defenders Ward on them.
>>
>>47202751
+1 speed, mat and an extra initial is nothing to sneeze at (although if the mauler keeps its chain attack it will often have the same number of initials against low def targets).
Plus the combo strike is sometimes relevant
>>
>>47201954
>Garryth
Never been a fan of him. I'll stick with Ossyan, Kaelyssa, & Thyron as my core Warcasters. Hellyna might get added depending on what she does.
>>
So with MkIII coming out, that means all the books before the new core book are obsolete ruleswise right? Just need to pick up the new card pack?
>>
>>47202298
I think they could stand to up their PR game a bit. But they've shown plenty to make a reasonable person feel their overall design is improving in MK3.

>>47202158
General consensus? I'll direct you to
>>47201798
So much crying. Fact is though that PP is making an effort to improve the diversity of the models and toning down the stuff that was eclipsing everything else.

Take Banes. MK1 to MK2 Banes survived just fine and as a result warped the entire meta around themselves. Now Bane Warriors (Thralls) and Bane Knights have been separated from eachother as one has weapon master and the other has vengence + brute charge.

Todays insider is a better example of diversity. Mauler and Mountain King both have the rage animus for bonus str to warbeasts. So you actually have two choices to grab that buff. More importantly the Earthborn is more of a defensive control piece due to his fantastic animus and less potent damage output.

We'll need to see everything as it stands when the smoke clears. Frankly you sound a bit like you got a chip on your shoulder so idk if there's any news that'll be good to you.
>>
>>47202845
The Mauler has more access to speed buffs, has a potential for 7 attacks, and a free headbutt. Plus its a warbeast so its harder to disable.

The slayer just has the worst grid ever. I hope we can get a little more info on the seether, I hope its not MKI uncontrollable rage
>>
>>47202920

Correct. They'll also be updating cards as the game progresses. PP's WarRoom app or the free WHAC app should be updated as needed.
>>
Melee is dead edition
>>
>>47203153
>Warlock gets a feat that totally fucks ranged armies
>Melee is dead, guys!
>>
>>47203208
We need terrain rules....
>>
>>47203237
What do you need?

Eyeless sight no longer sees through forests, there's more terrain on the table, a lot fewer ways to ignore terrain benefits(True Sight no longer ignores concealment, for example).
>>
>>47203208
Melee is dead except for one warlock who no one took in mk2 edition
>>
>>47202298
I have yet to see a single skorne player complain about molik, the complaints have all been directed at titans, cataphracts, aradus sentinels, and marketh. Without those, we're farrow tier.
>>
I hope the defender goes down in price, I want the excuse to take 2
>>
>>47203521

Wait what did they do to my bugs?
>>
>>47203289
I'm taking nothing for granted. We haven't had any confirmation that it'll all work the same. Terrain rules are massively tied into shooting.

They could change the size of the bonuses cover/concealment grant. That'd be huge. We know amphibious changed.

Not sure we've seen a model with camouflage either.
>>
>>47203706
Took away far strike and compensated by giving them range 11 instead of 10.
>>
>Bronzeback, premier melee beatstick, goes from 5 fury to 4
>Mauler, premier melee beatstick, stays at 5 fury

Just delete Skorne already
>>
>>47202912
I still can't believe our new warcaster is called Helena. It's just weird.
>>
>>47203871
Yeah but it's balanced because
>>
>>47203871
And Trolls still have the worse Fury management of the factions we've seen thus far.
>>
>>47203871
Access to future sight makes the bronzeback way better.
Not to mention its actual damage buff is tied to beasthandlers, not to either its own or the warlock's fury pool
>>
>>47203966
>fury
>management
Wait, you mean beasts can't get 4 free focus a turn anymore?
>>
>>47203723

This is the first change to actually annoy the fuck out of me.
>>
>>47203289
It's harder to benefit from terrain with no toe-in.
>>
>>47204146
They now want cannoneers to fill that role. Since people bought a shitton of aradus sentinels due to them being our best ranged option, it must be good business sense to now make people get more titan kits to have long range fire. Most people probably threw away their cannoneer parts already because of how god awful they were in mk2.
>>
>>47204193
Which honestly makes it kinda hilarious with AoE terrain spells. You now get to fit like 1 dude in that forest, good job.
>>
>>47204219
From what we've seen, a lot of those spells might be getting an AOE boost.

Janessa's new hill is AOE4, for example.
>>
hey can I get a link to the trolls insider?
>>
>>47204236
www.google.com
>>
>>47203999

I don't know how it is at the end of mk2 somebody has gotten it into their head that the Cyclops Savage was the great unlocked tech for the Skorne faction... but no. It's junk. Future Sight isn't the edge you think it is (helps if you think of it in terms of "points spent on warbeasts that do not directly contribute to warbeasts on table performing tasks that must be done by warbeasts". Which is to say that the light warbeast that gives you the option of casting it on another warbeast is itself halfway to affording another heavy).

After all these years, it takes some kind of arrogance to think that something worked but people just didn't know to appreciate it.
>>
File: pepe_lancelot.png (76 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
pepe_lancelot.png
76 KB, 200x200
>>47204204
I didn't
>>
>>47203999
So you're casting future sight on the bronzeback and not rush? Really? Animi don't stack.
>>
>>47204204

>hah! I magnetized everything!
>I even kept the Sentinel Parts!

I've got a good feeling about the Aradus Soldiers. No reason why, but nobody has said they've been nerfed, snacking animi have been put onto other warbeasts properly as a thing, carapace is looking valuable, and the mk2 card is looking pretty good these days.
>>
>>47204338

I think they got a chain attack. If so, it makes them more viable in comparison to the bronzeback than they used to be.
>>
I keep hearing that the Manticore has been buffed, but... I'm not really sure how?

ROF3 was better than ROFD3, right? I'm not living on bizarro Earth, am I?
>>
>>47204338
Yeah, I have one aradus that's magnetized at least. The other is just a sentinel. Might still have the soldier parts for it somewhere though. But in mk2 I couldn't imagine not taking at least one sentinel.
>>
>>47204370
They didn't get a chain attack, they got the chain weapon rule. Their claws (their weakest pow weapons) now ignore shields.
>>
>>47204374
No one spent two focus for the extra two shots. Yea, d3 isn't the best in the world, but you're still, focus free, getting the chance at extra shots with it.
>>
>>47204374
ROF3 was better, but you no longer have to spend focus to take additional ranged attacks up to your ROF.
>>
>>47204374
RoF is initial attacks.
While ROF3 says you can get up to 3 shots an activation, that isn't always feasible cause that costs focus.
With d3 RoF it'll be averaging 2 shots/turn, just cause.
>>
>>47204397

Ah. That's not bad either. Glad I magnetized my aradus.
>>
>>47204374
Previously you had to buy attacks after the first.

Now you get attacks equal to your ROF for free.

Nobody bothered buying all three attacks, inevitably it was 2 with a boost on each or 1 fully boosted.

ROF2 would have been more ideal but we can't have everything we want.
>>
>>47200364
>and an additional 6 hit boxes makes it a lot more likely to get to its intended targets and survive. An extra 6 Boxes, Rof 3, and an extra 2" of range would make the Mammoth real, real scary

I am just *really* hoping the Mammoth doesn't go to rof d3. It's one thing on a heavy, on a garg it's dumb.
>>
>>47204701
Yeah I'm not really interested in dropping 40 points into a model to have its effectiveness be random every turn. It's already hurt enough by the far strike nerf.
>>
>>47202092
I thought it was cheap at ten points.

Then 10 point Crusaders became a thing.
>>
>>47202751
>Mk2: 3 Slayers cost the same as 2 Maulers.
>Mk3: 3 Slayers cost the same as 2 Maulers.

You're retarded.
>>
>>47203871
>Implying the Mauler was in the same league as the Bronzeback as a melee beatstick

Dude, read and enjoy >>47200856 's salt. The reason he's pissy about the pyre troll and others losing other-target on their animus is because by the end of Mk2, no one took Maulers in competitive lists.
>>
I sorted through my mini storage and found the following. How fucked am I for MK3?

Herxis, Morghoul 1 and 2, Mordikar

Molik, Cannooner, savage, shaman, both Krea.

3 Ferox, 6 bog trogs 6 pain givers 8 venators

1 extoller and 1 agonizer.

I want to put together a small Hordes force so when I'm playing new players who are only just learning the fury system can be more comfortable playing against a fury based army.
>>
>>47204909
Slayer was overcosted in Mk2 though.
>>
File: legion mk2 to mk3.png (2 MB, 512x1536) Image search: [Google]
legion mk2 to mk3.png
2 MB, 512x1536
I'm happy for the troll players, really. They get something better than Purification, Stumbling Drunk will be beastly on Rok, and the EBDT immunities and communion seem great for anti-assassionations.
>>
>>47204305
That might be going out the window. They did say that Animii are becoming spells to simplify things.
>>
>>47205045
They specifically said animi do not stack.
>>
>>47204338
I'm hyped about Titan Sentries in Mk3. With agonizers turning into FA:2 mini-Thagroshes (-2 str aura), and them going up in mat, they... could be pretty good.
>>
>>47205023
So was the mauler.
>>
>>47205041

Well, cost 4. Aka "You'd better have meant to have done that because I'm coming to get you."

Half the problem with mk2 Purification design spam is that casting it didn't expose anyone to anything.
>>
>>47205094
Agonizers are FA:U
>>
>>47204847
Yep.

>Got Mammoth on miniaturemarket when it was on clearance for 50% off
>Have a bunch of Skorne stuff in varying states of assembly
>Hoping Skorne gets fun to play because damnit, the Mammoth is a fucking awesome model and I want to field it
>>
Why are people crying about Dygmies being nerfed? The only was fucking retarded before.

>Opponent couldn't kill them in their turn
>POW14 guns
>Can pop forwards in their turn and still get an aim bonus
>10 OF THESE FUCKERS FOR JUST 6 POINTS

Like my god just shut up.
>>
>>47205138
Holy fuck, I misread that.

With lower THR across the board, are mutiple Agonizers just going to fucking SHUT DOWN beast-heavy lists?

Wow.
>>
>>47205142
I got my mammoth the same way. I ran him with ehexeris a few times and had fun with it. It really needed far strike to get any use out of it.
>>
So, do we know what all the new warcasters are called?

Do we know anything about their playstyles, other than that they're designed to be jack/beast heavy?
>>
>>47204305
The mauler only has 1 more speed than the bronzeback. You arent using rage on him if you are using rush.

I think this in particular makes the bronzeback a better beater. Not losing damage output when needing rush is pretty great.
>>
>>47205162
They're going to do a worse job of it than they could before, since in Mk2 you could lower threshold by 2 and have a 9" bubble, not to mention cost WAY less points.
>>
>>47205162
Yeah, but there's also way more killable now. 3 pow 10s will drop them at arm 13. And we haven't actually seen much example of lower threshold so far, some guys that had 10 thr got dropped down to 9 and that's about it. It's also speed 5 and needs to get awful close to use its animus. The +1 fury is a pulse, so he can't cast it and then run like he can with the -2 str aura. Can't charge friendlies to speed him up either.
>>
>>47205221
To add to this, I feel as though the Agonizer is going to serve a much better purpose as an assassination tool. Lowering threshold is cool and all, but putting fury on beasts can straight up shut off transfers. Just walk 3 Agonizers forward, make them all scream to fill up enemy beasts, and assassinate.
>>
Anyone feeling cautiously optimistic about the archangel?
I love the model, and the little bit they let out has me feeling it might actually be decent this time around.
>>
>>47205210

Well, in fairness you can just assume your Mauler is a SPD 7, Fury 3 Raged Beast if you have an Axer.

Overall, Troll Insider was just...boring. Nothing exciting, kind of like all the Mk 3 spoilers so far.
>>
>>47205150
They were retarded before, but got the biggest nerf I've seen so far.

>Don't get to tunnel after showing up the first time
>Less movement each turn
>Less than half the area to place in when emerging
>Can't fire their POW 14 guns in melee if engaged when emerging, and have to swing at PS 8

And they got a cost increase at full unit size. They were absurd before and anyone expecting them to not take it in the pants in the edition change was delusional, but they took it worse than Bane Knights.
>>
>>47205062
Ah, okay.
>>
>>47205221
Lowering THR didn't matter if you cleaned up all your fury each turn, like anyone who isn't terrible who saw an agonizer across the board.

Now they straight-up add fury, which is MUCH harder to mitigate.
>>
>>47205397
Yeah fury management being so easy made the Agonizer a questionable model to field, but now it seems WAY more solid. That animus too holy shit that's some good kush right there.
>>
>>47205367
Bane Knights were barely touched, they're just worse than before if they're not charging.

Those little guys got it worse than cataphracts.

>>47205397
Much harder to mitigate, sure. Also VASTLY harder to pull off.

It's now a 6 inch range. And you have to get that 6 inches by walking it at speed 5, because the old -2 THR one you could cry and then run to get stuff in range, with this one you cry after you've done moving.

And I'm not sold on the animus either, on a speed 5 lesser. It rocks faces on the angelius because of how mobile it is.
>>
>>47205446
Legion also has casters who can make use of Repulsion much better than we do.

What does Skorne have? Makeda3 and Xerxis2?
>>
>>47205472
Doesnt molik karn still have fate walker?
And the archidon might still have sprint.
Skorne casters shouldnt have too much trouble repulsing something and then getting out
>>
>>47205295
Tbh, it actually sounds really good. My gf bought it as one of her first minis and she seems pumped af.
>>
>>47205571
>And the archidon might still have sprint.

As a Circle player I'm scared Lightning Strike is going self-only.
>>
>>47204847
You know it might pick up Far Strike as it's animus, right?

We've seen a lot of ranged beasts do so.
>>
>>47205709

If anything I thought lightning strike would go to the argus
>>
>>47205720

Tbqh, I expect the Feral to get it instead of the Stalker, which would solve a lot of Circle beast problems. I'll just be bummed if it goes self-only.
>>
>>47205714
Far Strike alone seems kinda boring for a gargantuan, and that would mean 3 beasts in faction with it. Counterblast sucks too though. The mammoth's thing was that it could lob incredibly inaccurate shots at a distance the early turns to disrupt infantry, and then go in HAM with assault and 3 initials once up close. Range 10 guns meant it's only shooting the turn before it charges, if even then. But at the same time it's not a long ranged support piece that should hang back with far strike the whole time because it's rat 3. It only ever direct hit models that were knocked down or that were other gargossals.

It should just get range 12 on its guns and a good animus. But the mammoth isn't a ranged beast, most other gargs have 2 melee initials and it has 3. It's a melee beast that also throws 3 pow 8 blasts downrange when it's convenient to do so.
>>
>>47205770

I highly doubt it, rage being warbeast only makes sense, lightning strike being self only actively reduces the fury efficiency of all circle beasts. It might become warbeast only but even then, still solid

Going to the feral would be neat, I myself really like the feral anyway
>>
>>47205720
This would be good. Would do wonders for non stalker heavies
>>
>>47203890
Nah it fits in pretty well with the greco-roman motif our Jacks have had going from day 1.
>>
>>47205849
If I wanted a melee beast I'd just bring a fucking Bronzeback.
>>
>>47206302
I see the logic behind it, Iosans are clearly meant to have a somewhat classical feel. It just doesn't fit their naming scheme thus-far.

Rahn, Narn, Issyria, Kaelyssa, Eiryss, Garryth, Skeryth, Vyros, Aiyana, Ravyn, Thyron, Ossyan, Nayl, Sylys.

And then Helena. The only other actual Iosan name, for a person, that sounds slightly Greek, is Eiryss, which I guess could be Eris?
>>
>>47202312

I love that Gunbjorn's feat is the exact same as it was before but now it's considered good where as before it was considered shit because of Tough changes.
>>
>>47206885
>I love that Gunbjorn's feat is the exact same as it was

Did you miss the part where it now says, "do not suffer damage from ranged attacks"? Cause that's a pretty major change.
>>
>>47206885

Nah bro, ignoring the tough rule change it's better.

Before when I feated with Gunny, I'd worry about boostable guns still on my heavies and counter debuffs.

Now? You're just immune.
>>
>>47206601

Well, some of those names are only weird because they added random "Y"s to them.

Ravyn is just pronounced Raven. Nayil is Nail. Garyth is Gareth. Most have greek SOUNDING names from their pronunciation.

I guess Helena could have been spelled Helayna.

I just hope she plays cool. She is kind of a cool looking caster.
>>
>>47206960

I totally did actually.

NVM that is sweet.
>>
>>47205850
Dunno, I tend to look at Lightning Strike as more akin to Snipe and Spiny Growth, in that it protects or keeps beasts safer, as compared to Rage which boosts efficiency.

So I'm concerned until we get verification.
>>
>>47205472

Well, I was *going* to pop feat and charge eZaal into the zone anyway; repulsion is more certain than buying attacks for clearance purposes.

Also, we actually like putting our Shamans on the table, unlike them and their Bloodseers.
>>
>>47207115

Because the stalker is going to be shit if it has to blow 2 fury just to get sprint. Enjoy your fury 2 beast w/sprint

Far strike being self isn't shit because ranged beasts are limited by ROF anyway and typically have leftover fury
>>
>>47207296
>Because the stalker is going to be shit if it has to blow 2 fury just to get sprint

Which is why I'm concerned. A 1-cost Sprint will make the Stalker still perfectly usable, even if it's something we've been used to going everywhere.

I continue to think Sprint is closer to Snipe in design -- it increases the distance you can be to your target *after* your attack -- than Rage.

Not that I'd be particularly surprised if it stays target-other. I'd be surprised if it stays both target-other and on the Stalker, though.
>>
"It also lost Camouflage because that ability was removed from the game. The changes to forests pretty much meant that Pathfinder would often be covering the role we intended for Camouflage, making that ability redundant. We have talked plenty about opening design space, well Camouflage was a victim of limited design space."

There's clearly changes not just in the amount of terrain on the table and how it's placed, but how terrain actually functions.
>>
>>47207296

The actual problem with far strike being self and on everything that has any business using it is how it relates to a kind of list construction where a few ranged beasts are fury batteries and animus sources and not to be risked otherwise.

Those guys are SOL. (Actual example; a popular Zaal1 build had him taking a Raider and a Canonner, utilizing the ability of Far Strike to make Extollers scary good and Diminish to make stuff durable. I'm going to miss that.)
>>
>>47207479
I always just brought a Raider and a Sentinel with Zaal1.
>>
>>47207479
At the same time, Raiders might get something big to improve them.

Hell, he might not even have Far Strike anymore.
>>
>>47207479
Agonizer gets an 8" -STR aura now. My nipples are hard.
>>
>>47207678
And in doing so it lost durability, is more expensive, and lost its most important ability.

Now it's just a krielstone that only works vs melee.
>>
>>47207729
>Now it's just a krielstone that only works vs melee.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I play Skorne and Legion, and having a mini-pThags to carry around in Skorne is fucking awesome (perhaps, though, I'm biased here as my meta is heavy on the Warmachine side, so the old -2 damage rolls to warbeasts was kinda meh).

>lost its most important ability.

Its Fury hate got vastly better (if it is trickier to use). I'll miss disabling arc nodes, but the tradeoff -- generic spell hate -- seems worth it.

I'll call it a big upgrade overall. Point cost brings it back down into line, but I'm excited to field a couple of them.
>>
>>47207729
>lost durability
>Has almost 3 times as much health
Yeah... right
>>
>>47207969
It was an 8 box arm 16 solo.

Are you telling me that 13 box arm 13 is 3 times as durable?

It dies to pow 10s easily now. It was genuinely tough to remove in mk2.

Sounds to me like you don't know what the fucking stats were in mk2 and should shut your mouth.
>>
>>47207999
Please see >>47201798
Keep raging and let the salt flow Skornefag. Your army went from pure "Fury shenanigans face-punch 1 trick pony" to actually having options and all you can do is cry about what you lost.
>>
>>47208037
What options? You mean how we lost far strike and our best ranged model is now pathetically short ranged? Or how our medium base infantry is garbage now? Or how pMakeda completely lost her bite by getting a shitty spell list?

Please, go on. Ferox are decent now! Hooray! The faction is saved!
>>
>>47207999
You can't fool me upside down satan.
>>
>>47208062
Why don't you wait for everything else to be revealed before you start bitching.
>>
>>47208087
If there were good things to reveal, they would've led their hype-generating marketing article with it.
>>
>>47208112
Then just throw your models away. If it's seriously all shit all the time forever as your whining says, then you won't be missing them.
>>
File: thou mad.jpg (54 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
thou mad.jpg
54 KB, 960x720
>>47208112
Or maybe, just maybe, they're using the Insiders to give a realistic snap-shot of what's happening in each faction and not taking the easy way out of jamming it full of the most hype things they can come up with.

They've got over a month left to feed out spoilers, calm your shit down.
>>
>>47208129
Why would I throw them away? I still need to paint them. I just won't be playing them, I'll be playing my Khador or mercs instead.
>>
File: cry harder baby.jpg (32 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
cry harder baby.jpg
32 KB, 500x375
>>47208112
>>
Unrevealed cards you most want to see:

>Skorne
pXerxis
Titan Sentry
Praetorian Karax

>Circle
Shifting Stones
Warpwolf Stalker
Druids of Orboros

>Legion
Ravagore
pAbby
Blighted Nyss Swordsmen

>Protectorate
Amon
Vassal of Menoth
the book
>>
>>47208300

>Protectorate
Flameguard Cleanser Officer
Amon
Deliverers
Zealots+UA (to see if they are in any way the same)

>Khador
Kharchev
Assault Kommandos
Shocktroopers (who isn't)

>Skorne
Desert Hydra (fingers still crossed)
Naaresh
Rhinodon

Mostly I want to see what they did to try and make the bad stuff better.
>>
>>47208300
Rhinodon, Bloodrunners, and Karax.
>>
>>47208062
I am going to save this post so that if in a year Skorne are the new Legion I can post it and people will laugh at you.
>>
>>47208791
Oh no, someone might laugh at Anonymous.
>>
File: Salt_made_from_tears_of_Skorne.png (23 KB, 1226x252) Image search: [Google]
Salt_made_from_tears_of_Skorne.png
23 KB, 1226x252
>>47208816
Still funny.
and you'll always know
>>
>>47202912
My man!

I've always ran Ossyan and Issyra, Thyron I love as well.

New changes have really helped Ossyan and Iss, and Thyron will still be great, especially with the Sentinel change.
>>
>>47207001
I don't agree,
Ravyn is probably pronounced Rav Yen, Nayil is Na Yil, Garyth is probably the only one I'd agree with you on, though the Y likely means its pronounced more like garuth.
Helena fits the y motif because the name still has similar phonics to most of their names, being full of 'e' which, is very close to 'ye', 'yi' and 'yy' (which are common in Iosan names) when aspirated.
>>
>>47208300

Bloody Barnabas
Posse
Sacral Vault
>>
>>47208062
>>47208112
>>47208791
>>47208087
hahaha, to be fair to anon, Skorne were probably the least competitive, and had the most monotonous style and warcaster feats, for the whole of MKII without ever challenging either of those to negative points.
I can understand how Skorne players would want to see buffs more than most other factions.
With that being said, Skorne will probably be buffed in some aspects yet to be revealed, i think the small changes to Makeda3 were proof that PP understand the way the factions casters work, and will probably bring some light and power back into the faction. Be patient.
>>
Just got back from a game where I dropped Immortal Host into Wold War.

First time fighting Wold War, not a lot of circle around. Holy shit that was hilarious. Had an ancestral guardian solo a light wold with 3 souls without needing to last stand it, had a unit of immortals with last stand delete two wolds outright. Karax did a giant last standed CMA into a light wold and killed it. My beasts were a raider and a sentinel, they didn't end up doing anything really. Put a couple of boxes onto wolds but nothing really threatening. Sentinel kept him honest since he had to have a shield guard on his ass at all times. Ended up wiping his battlegroup except for the shield guards and won on scenario.
>>
>>47208864
Seeing my own post as a screencap.
>feels good man.jpg

>>47208959
Yes, I am really looking forward to Ossyan and Hypnos in mk3. It's been a struggle to enjoy running him in Mk2.
>>
Just finished up assembling a Succubus.

Fuck that thing. Thankfully I'll never have to do that again.
>>
>>47208300
>Minions
War Hog
Farrow brigands
Carver

>Circle
Stalker
Woldwrath
Cassius

>Cygnar
Gun Mages
Stryker2
Stormwall
>>
>>47208300
Karchev, Harkevich, Grolar. Imagine if we waited years for the grolar and it gets nerfed 4 months after the model is out.

Rasheth, pZaal, Mammoth
>>
>>47208300

> Mercs
Magnus/Damiano
Renegade/Rocinante
Boomhowler/Steelhead Cav

> Minions
Rask/Midas (spirit bond)?
Posse/Croaks
Vault/Totem Hunter
>>
>>47204909
Things that (outside of 2 lists) never happened
>>
>>47205446
Bane knights might actually be better now with the changes to backstrike, if you can vengance behind the target
>>
>>47210286
It definitely makes them better against high-DEF models, which is good since Bile Thralls can't kill half the battlefield off a single purge anymore.
>>
>>47210336
Thats okay. We (might) have mobius and the bloat squad now.

>>47208300

>Cryx
Denny3 and her father/husband Gaspies2 &3
The new flock of seagulls
Seether

>Circle
Satyrs
Stalker
Krugar2
>>
Man I hope they don't change Magnus1 too much, with Power Up he runs a jack-swarm real good.

He just needs to trade Obliteration out for a less shitty nuke, seriously fuck that spell.
>>
>>47210471
Oblit is a great nuke that costs too much.

And casting nukes is bad anyways
>>
File: deathstalker.jpg (132 KB, 900x849) Image search: [Google]
deathstalker.jpg
132 KB, 900x849
How's this for a "fuck Cryx" list?

Objective: Fuel Cache
Saeryn, Omen of Everblight (*5pts)
* Harrier (2pts)
* Raek (4pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Angelius (9pts)
* Angelius (9pts)
* Scythean (9pts)
* Zuriel (10pts)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1pts)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1pts)
2 Spell Martyrs (2pts)
Strider Deathstalker (2pts)
Strider Deathstalker (2pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)

Debating on dropping a Deathstalker for a Succubus, but I want to be able to get rid of Bile Thralls before they become a problem. Other option is trading out the Spell Martyrs for them, but I want to be able to have options with my spell-slinging.
>>
>>47203871
But Trolls have Rage. Oh, wait. That makes it worse.
>>
>>47208037
>talks shit
>get shown the numbers
>hurr u just salty
Stay classy.
>>
>>47208300
>Cygnar
Journeyman Warcaster

It's the only card I need to see to evaluate MK3. If his Arcane Shield remained largely unchanged it proves PP has no fucking clue what they're doing.
>>
>>47208791
>if in a year Skorne are the new Legion
You mean a faction that doesn't even use half it's models because of horrible internal balance? It's honestly frustrating, because ~80% of the faction was really well balanced against each other. Throwing that out of the window makes no fucking sense, but from what we know that's what is happening.
>>
>>47210479
Tell that to eVayl and see what happens.
>>
>>47210959
>gets shot down
Oh you
>>
>>47211026
>costs too much
>she gets to cast it for FREE
were you trying to address his argument?
>>
>>47211075
No. Just pointing out the exception to the rule.
>>
>>47204982
my salt is because that's how trolls operated and the entire army operation is different now while supporting the stats that worked with the previous methodology.

Fucking read nigger
>>
>>47211026
And she's losing it for exactly that reason.
>>
>>47211008
How the fuck was the faction balanced around itself?

Almost all of Skorne's options were worthless equally, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>47211533
Honestly, good riddance. Effortless caster kills are just dumb.
>>
>>47211544
>Almost all of Skorne's options were worthless equally
Like hell they were. The only OP stuff Skorne had was Fist and Molik. The only worthless stuff was Reivers, Ferox, Karax and a few beasts. Everything else was on roughly the same power level.

My hope for MK3 was that they would fix those few bad options and tone down Molik and Fist. I also hoped broken shit like most Cryx caster would get taken down a notch. Sadly neither happened. Skorne models were just randomly buffed and nerfed without any apparent reason. And hell, Skorne got more nerfs than Cryx. Just let that sink in for a second.
>>
>>47210782
A Bronzeback can have Enrage and Rush on it at the same time. The Mauler has to settle for using it's own fury to cast Rage if it wants the STR buff in the same turn it needs it's "don't be a slow sack of shit" buff, which brings down his output quite a bit.

It's almost like if you don't look at the whole picture things won't look right.
>>
why is no one losing their shit over the fact that kriel warriors are now going to be arm 19 in melee?
>>
>>47211594
I guess. But is Rush really that important? Trolls have plenty of options to dampen an enemy alpha. They don't need to get it themselves. With that in mind, a 9" threat range will be enough in most cases.
>>
>>47211606
It's not a huge deal, they have to get there first, and even then ARM19 single-wound will usually die to a simple POW10 charge. Especially given how Tough works now their old Steady was probably better.
>>
>>47211606
The loss of prayers mean that they are slower to approach and will be charged. Also again, PP is fucking stupid at this, but we don't know the adjusted point levels.
>>
>>47211590
>Everything else was on roughly the same power level.

Yea, and that power level was "Not worth using."

Nihilators eclipsed all your other melee infantry, so there was no reason to take anything but them.

None of your medium base infantry was worth anything except in Fist minus the Incenderii.

And the BB was so much more powerful than your other non-character options that you only took other shit to support it 90% of the time.

And you think Denny1 didn't get nerfed? She absolutely got nerfed. Sure, she's still good, but she's no longer a ballbuster.

And Skorne got more directed nerfs, because the point was that Skorne had an over reliance on a very small stable of models to be competitive. So when those models got hit, it feels really bad. But the BB needed to get hit. You shouldn't have a heavy warbeast that regardless of caster can not only trivially remove colossals, but can make non-linear movements towards the colossal to do so.
>>
>>47211680
>she's still good, but she's no longer a ballbuster
Crippling Grasp + Arc Node alone is better than entire spell lists other casters have.

>Nihilators eclipsed all your other melee infantry
Not by much though. And you are purposefully ignoring Immortals and Cataphracts. A few small adjustments could have fixed this.

>None of your medium base infantry was worth anything except in Fist minus the Incenderii.
Arcuarii I'll grant you. But even those were just a small change away from good. Just because you only ever see Fist that doesn't mean the rest of the faction is trash.

>And the BB was so much more powerful than your other non-character options
It brought two things: Unparalleled armor cracking and a great animus. For that it had a lot of disadvantages like needing another 8p beast to make its thread range not total shit. Now it has lost both of its advantages.
>>
>>47211776
>Crippling Grasp + Arc Node alone is better than entire spell lists other casters have.

Yea, except it no longer stops running or charging, so she can't remove a unit from the game. She no longer has turn by turn control, which is a huge nerf for how she played.

Her Arc nodes are also much easier to kill at range.

>Not by much though. And you are purposefully ignoring Immortals and Cataphracts. A few small adjustments could have fixed this.

No I'm not. Immortals were only worth it in Zaal1/Zaal2 tier lists. Cataphracts are only worth it in Fist or with Mord, and even then only barely with Mord.

>It brought two things: Unparalleled armor cracking and a great animus. For that it had a lot of disadvantages like needing another 8p beast to make its thread range not total shit. Now it has lost both of its advantages.

The BB could have been SPD7 and the Glad would have still be an auto-include. And it's still one of the best hard hitting heavies we've seen revealed, it's just been brought down from "Beyond belief" to merely "Can one round most every heavy".

Hell, it can still one round a colossal with it's effective four initials, it just can't do it after using all it's initials to get there.
>>
>>47211846
>so she can't remove a unit from the game
At -2DEF+ARM that unit is as good as removed from the game.

>Immortals were only worth it in Zaal1/Zaal2 tier lists.
Pre-Advocate sure.

>Cataphracts are only worth it in Fist or with Mord
You do know that there are other casters outside of the Fist/Mordikaar pairing that everyone and their mom plays.
>>
>>47211846
>Hell, it can still one round a colossal with it's effective four initials
It lost two attacks though. That doesn't put it anywhere near killing any Colossal.
>>
>>47211673
Steady is better especially now, but it negates their entire reason for making the changes

>>47211590
Skorne got like a billion more spoilers than cryx, so we really don't know whats going on with them. Plus, most of the cryx nerfs that we know are indirect, like the changes to recursion, burrow and charging friendlies.
>>
File: rockram.jpg (51 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
rockram.jpg
51 KB, 600x656
Daily buff prayer.

Not just for you, Rockram-san, but for all Rhulic heavies.
>>
>>47211886
>At -2DEF+ARM that unit is as good as removed from the game.

You don't actually play this game very well, do you?

Or at least against Denny much.

If she wanted to kill something, she used Parasite. Crippling Grasp wasn't for killing a unit, it was for making sure it never made it into the game.

>You do know that there are other casters outside of the Fist/Mordikaar pairing that everyone and their mom plays.

Sometimes you see Chain Gang, the occasionally Makeda2 player who thinks no one knows what she does, some Makeda3 players who love killing the world and then losing, and Hexxy2 for people tired of Mord as their Cryx drop.

I mean, you see a lot of stuff in Skorne, mostly because in Mk2 all your casters did the exact same thing, and were thus all equally competitive and boring.

>Pre-Advocate sure.
Avocate is a MK3 release that got dropped in late Mk2, same as Zaal2. Using it as evidence of fixing troops in Mk2 is pointless, because those rules were likely a rushed job to put the model in the market.

>>47211951
With a lot of the standard armor buffs going the way of the dodo, it's still well in realm of possibility for it. It doesn't have to kill ARM22 Colossals anymore, it's looking at ARM19-20 ones.

It might need a little spike, but not that much of one.
>>
>>47212175
From this angle, the thing looks like a walking toilet bowl.
>>
>>47212237
Every 'jack in that chassis has the toilet-bowl breastplate design. Turns the neck joint into a giant shell trap, too.
>>
>>47212175
Rocky isn't actually that bad, it's just a wee bit overcosted like 95% of heavy warjacks in Mk2, and in the same faction as the Earthbreaker
>>
>>47212184
>Crippling Grasp wasn't for killing a unit
I'm talking about the new Denny. And are you trying to tell me +2 to hit and damage is something Nyss (for example) won't appreciate?

Also, Parasite is besides the point. I'm saying Crippling Grasp outtechs entire warlocs. It having to compete with Parasite only tells you how fucking broken Denny1 still is.

>I mean, you see a lot of stuff in Skorne, mostly because in Mk2 all your casters did the exact same thing, and were thus all equally competitive and boring.
I take from the constant use fo the pronoun "you" that you do not play Skorne, correct? Because I can tell you how wrong you are. The faction as a whole may not have been extremely competitive, but like I said, toning down the extremely powerful shit other factions have (like, say Denny1) would have fixed that just fine. If you however think that all Skorne locks play the same you are so very undeniably wrong it almost hurts.

>Avocate is a MK3 release
Objectively wrong.

>With a lot of the standard armor buffs going the way of the dodo
I sincerely hope you are right on this one. Stuff like BattenDownTheHatches+SpinyGrowth are just atrocious.
>>
Hey guys, I've been looking around, but I can't find any of the Retribution info for Mk3. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?
Or is the Ossyan stuff about Fieldmarshall: Future Sight and Deadeye all that is known right now?
>>
>>47212595
Just use the Battlecollege summary.
>>
>>47210543
Comments? Criticisms? Inane remarks?
>>
>>47212785
I think most people are more concerned with the upcoming edition shift than building lists in the current one. I bet once the new edition drops, the threads will be a mess of complaints and list building.
>>
>>47212856
I know. But it's the last mk2 steamroller my LGS is going to have and I want to fist the local Cryx player so he can't get his last hurrah.
>>
>>47212381
>If you however think that all Skorne locks play the same you are so very undeniably wrong it almost hurts.

Right, so tell me about a Skorne warlock besides Mord that does something other than "apply army to enemy face."

Hell, even Mord does it, he just has some control elements to let him do slightly different stuff as well. Not a whole lot, but enough that he gets played for it.
>>
>>47212595

http://privateerpressforums.com/forumdisplay.php?66-Retribution-of-Scyrah-Community
>>
>>47212938
If so, then yeah, It's a pretty good fuck you to Cryx.
>>
>>47213030
That is one very disingenuous question. Every caster in the game plays attrition to some degree.
>>
>>47213070
To some degree.

I'm not saying "Show me a Skorne warlock that doesn't do attrition at all." I'm saying "Show me a Skorne warlock that does something besides attrition."

You've got pocket assassinations, pretty much universally involving Karn, and that's about sums up Skorne tactics. The bugs gave you a ranged assassination with certain casters as well, though it's hardly universal or very consistent.
>>
>>47213070
Yeah, and for Skorne that's all they did.
Every Skorne caster could be broken down to
>delivery buff ability
>combat augmentation ability
>something random.

Skorne has so little denial, so little control, so little spell slinging. Caster choice was basically irrelevant.
>>
>>47213122
>pMorghoul
Abuse - Buff
Admonition - Movement
Torment - Weak single target

>Naaresh
Iron Flesh - Buff
Cyclone - Movement
Bleed - Weak single target

>pMakeda
Defender's Ward - Buff
Savagery - Movement
Muzzle - Weak single target

Sick of this shit desu senpai.
>>
>>47213122
Its a shame about the changes. I was looking forwards to running CoC: Skorne edition between Immortals and Zaal2. But if the rest of the faction got this invalidated, I might pick up another faction for journeyman.
>>
Really curious about the Ret collossals. Hyperion is really straightforward for what it is, so I wonder how or even if it will change; the Helios' Broadcast Power should also be really neat if it survives unchanged, considering Power Up.
I'm kinda tempted to run Helios, Hyperion and Hypnos under Ossyan. There's probably not enough points in a average game to stuff two Hyperions and a Helios in a list, sadly enough.
>>
>>47207001
Gareth isn't Greek, though. It's an Arthurian name with French/Welsh origins.

None of the other Iosan names really sound Greek. None of them really sound as... mundane... as Helena either, though it is, IIRC, actually being rendered as Helynna.

She definitely looks extremely cool, though. I'd say she is among the best designed, aesthetically speaking, of the new warnouns. I really like the Khador one too, and the Circle one looks pretty cool.
>>
>>47210970
Arcane shield has been removed entirely.
>>
>>47213982
Really? Source?
>>
>>47212595
Literally a round up written on the Ret Forums.
>>
>>47213742
>Deadeye Hyperion
My dick.
>>
So, anyone else stoked about the new overboosting rules? Or is this just because I like to run Karchev and can see it being really fucking funny with how he currently is?
>>
>>47214049
I'm excited for it because of the amount of fucking salt I've seen from some Harbyfags over the fact that they can't sit full camp and be immune to small arms without boosted damage.
>>
>>47214039
I know, right? Between Future Sight and Deadeye that'll be a nasty wallop.
>>
>>47202075
Troll players cry and moan even more than khador players, and that's saying something.
>>
>>47202216
>my biased opinion is that PP is terrible at previews because everything is lacking in context

fix'd that for ya. You can thank me later.
>>
Could I ask that someone explain the new point system to me? There are multiple interpretations out there, and I'm not sure I got it right.
Point cost of most things have roughly doubled (barring a point dropfor balance and such) for added granularity, which is sensible. Correspondingly, the build points for armies have also doubled, 100 being the new 50 and so on, right?
And lastly, warjack/-beast points have been roughly quadrupled to get people to actually play their warthings.
Have I got this right?
So a 50 point game now with, say, eKreoss would be 100+24 points come Mk3?
>>
>>47214049

Hard to tell how this will work out. But now I'm curious about Scaverous, the new overboosting roll plus his "spend souls for re-rolls on enemies" seems like a really cool combo.
>>
>http://imgur.com/a/Btm6k
holy shit,check out these spoilers guys
>>
>>47214217
Yeah, they've been posted 1-2 threads ago.
>>
>>47214228
derp,seems like i'm a slowpoke
any more like it?
>>
>>47214234
Only the lasereye troll posted eariler.
>>
>>47214202

No.

The old 50+6 becomes 75+30.
The old 35+6 becomes 50+30.

They said at the beginning that point costs will be roughly doubled but what we know from spoilers until now is more like x1.6 - x1.8
This makes sense as the available points for lists also did not double.
>>
>>47214202
From what I can gather 50pts will become entry level : so about the equivalent of a 35pt mk2 game, because WJ pts aren't taken into account.
whilst in mk2, at 35pts, you'd have actually about 40pts of stuff
in mk3 at 50pts it's about the same as 25pts mk2 of "stuff" + about 15pts mk2 of "battlegroup" from WJ points.

But the thing to realise is that although it might be wierd to transform mk2 to mk3 army sizes, once we're building mk3 lists, it'll work fine.
>>
Guise, I think I know what the BIG change is going to be.
and it's big. It's massive.
Just note the things that have never been mentioned yet:
>the boosted damage for charging.
I think it's gone. and that's massive. It means that everything hits weaker.

It means the new overboost mechanic will actually be useful and not just cornercase.
it fits with the fact that you can't charge your own stuff, but can attack your own stuff
It fits with less damage boxes on hvy infantry, but more damage boxes on troll heavies
it fits with pow16 being considered "good" rather than "pillow fisted"
It fits with the SR2016beta armory objective
it fits with bane knights and trenchers getting powerful charge
it means arm19 WJs are suddenly a lot more durable: and note that PP seem to want to move away from "one-rounding" a WJ on WJ fight should last several rounds and be an epic fight.

I kinda hope it is the case, but ofc, I am jon snow.
>>
COC news when?
>>
>>47214448
Never.
>>
>>47214448
When they become a real faction. So Mark IV
>>
>>47205041
I bet pDoomie will have some awesome upkeeps as well so he'll think real hard about casting that dispel. It might even damage him.
>>
>>47214467
>MARKVI
>conflux still not released
>>
>>47214498
Dissolution only affects ENEMY upkeeps.
>>
Where could I find the official art of every caster outside of the books?
>>
>>47214345
It not a change is sending the game to trash.

Without the extra charge damage dice there is no sense in bringing infantry even if they have Weapon Master.
>>
>>47214345
You know what I can see happening? Free run/charge for everything.
>>
>>47214647
i shall drink your tears
>>
>>47214810
It's not a matter of tears, is that bringing infantry have not sense at all if for kill an ARM 19 heavy you need 15 POW 12 Weapon master attack.
>>
>>47214647
take infantry to remove infantry.
take infantry to jam enemy models
take infantry to take objectives zones flags
take infantry to screen your heavy hitters

>Talk about a knee jerk reaction

Other anon is right though, your salty tears will be delicious !!
>>
>>47206601
I'm hoping this is a thing with the new guys.

I want to see Sharon, Housewaifu of Everblight
>>
>>47214846
and your point is?
>>
>>47214345
Super double ultra-retarded. We know jacks/beasts still have to spend focus/fury to charge, which basically debunks your theory.

>a WJ on WJ fight should last several rounds and be an epic fight.
What are you, 12? Two models having a pillow fight for multiple rounds until one of them gets lucky and spikes damage is the exact opposite of "epic".
>>
>>47214934
>We know jacks/beasts still have to spend focus/fury to charge
We do? When was that given away?
>>
>>47214947
I believe it was after the Skorne insider and people were talking about Enrage no longer giving free charges.

No, i'm not going to dig it up, because I don't think any of the spoiler compilations thought it was important enough to list.
>>
>>47214861
>>47214912

>>47214861

Sorry kid you are retarded, you clearly don't understand the basic of math and strategy.

>take infantry to remove infantry.

That no one play because there is no sense.

>take infantry to jam enemy models

When you can simply take an extra heavy for less point and giving a fuck if your opponent attack first with his heavy cause you have more heavy to back you up.

>take infantry to take objectives zones flags

While infantry are clearly inferior on this role. They need to be mor ethan 50% alive and to be at least half unit in the zone.

>take infantry to screen your heavy hitters

When you can simply take extra heavy and win every exchange just because infantry can't threat heavy.
>>
So, bronzeback vs a colossal with initials, enrage, and 3 buys due to -1 fury and no more free charges.

Assuming enrage up. You spend 1 fury to charge now. So that's a dice+0 charge vs an unbuffed stormwall (which doesn't exist in mk2, but maybe will in mk3). So 11 damage on the charge, 7 on the second initial, dice-1 on the third initial and chain attack for 6 each. That's 30 damage from your initials. 3 buys gets you another 21 damage. So you're doing 51 damage to an unbuffed stormwall on average, and will need to spike a bit to kill it. Vs an arcane shielded stormwall you're doing 30 damage, vs a conquest you're doing 44 damage. And these numbers are assuming colossals get no more defensive tech or boxes in mk3.

So yeah, bronzeback will still delete any heavy in the game, but will need help with colossals. Hopefully you've got some catapult shots you can drop into them or something.
>>
>>47214804
It's been confirmed you still have to force to charge.
>>
>>47214987
Yes, YES, let the salt flow through you!!
>>
>>47214934
>We know jacks/beasts still have to spend focus/fury to charge, which basically debunks your theory.

No it doesn't. Even if WJs do have to spend a focus to charge, that doesn't change a thing.
-option 1: charging simply gives extra movement, which alone is sufficient to warrant charging when something is further away than a full advance.
-option 2: maybe, just maybe, that by paying a focus to charge WJs continue to get boosted damage on the charge, and get this into your little zika infested brain: because the WJ paid focus to charge. Unlike infantry that doesn't pay focus to charge.
>>
>>47215233
They are consolidating rules to make them as uniform as possible. They wouldn't have two different kinds of charging.
>>
>>47214934
>Two models having a pillow fight for multiple rounds until one of them gets lucky and spikes damage is the exact opposite of "epic".
You might want to check the quote from Will Schick; PP wants to see MMA fights with power attacks, NOT just buying attacks to one round an opposing heavy.

You see a pillowfight because you are short sighted and have no imagination, I see a slam, a headbutt or a throw, followed up by other models finishing off the target.
Far from a pillowfight, it's more like using tactics/strategies to get the best out of all of your army rather than just one OP model doing all the work.
>>
>>47214965
>No, i'm not going to dig it up, because
I can't

fix'd that for ya
>>
>>47215285
Go to will shick's forum profile and look at his recent posts.
>>
>>47215285
It was just stated yesterday in the forum thread about the troll insider. I'm on my phone and working or I'd gladly get a link for you.
>>
>>47215265
what like you can attack your own models, but can't charge them ?
When disabled boxed destroyed is still a thing?
>Oh yeah that's consolidating alright.

They wouldn't have two types of charging?
Like they would have two types of damage rolls, or attack rolls ? You know the ones that are boosted and the others that aren't boosted?
A bit like the two charges isn't it: one requires to be paid for, the other doesn't.
>>
>>47205062

But they have also claimed that Animii is a spell, which could mean you can no longer have a creatures Animii and an upkeep on at the same time. Which is no more than fair if you ask just about any Warmahine player out there, but the Horde players in our community will probably send folded letters containing dried up tears to Privateer press in an attempt to change their mind.
>>
>>47209394

Wold War asks a question that the Immortal Host blurts out the answer to all time, whether it's appropriate or not. It's like a kind of Tourettes.

>bet you're going to miss Marketh cycling Last Stand, though
>>
>>47215273
Except that just makes it a tar pit, you throw your tarpits at each other and then cuddle for a bit and you have terrain you have to roll dice against until the fight is over.

Power attacks need to be useful and they simply aren't. Slams are for knocking down poorly placed casters/solos and throws are for removing large models in the way of an assassination run and that's all they can ever be with the current system.

Going "Just use your imagination and this cardboard box is a new space shuffle just for you Timmy!" is not a fucking argument for the way the rules should function. The game comes before you and your imaginary friends, which is why having weak heavies cuddling for 3 turns is not interesting. When a heavy hits something except for something designed to take a heavy's charge and bite back it should be dead. Not cuddling over in the corner, just gone and fucked off.
>>
>>47215415
No it wouldn't. You can have upkeeps and normal spells on the same model.
>>
>>47215415

You can't have two upkeeps on, you can definitely have an upkeep and another non upkeep spell
>>
>>47215093
Yeah, I think that's the point.

The Bronzeback was always fine with its ability to kill any heavy, the overkill really didn't matter. Pre-colossals, you could have given it *more* STR and it really wouldn't have mattered much, since you'd still kill whatever it got pointed at. Post-colossals, it was a problem, so it got nerfed to need help to take down a colossal.

I don't really see the problem here. "Heavies one-rounding colossals" seems to be removed from the game. Sucks if you considered that the biggest thing going for Skorne (and it's a reasonable argument that it is), but hopefully now we can get new stuff since we can't eat them for breakfast anymore.
>>
>>47216245
>>47215093

Huh. It's actually worth it not to charge, if you can still get into melee range.

I've been in that position, albeit with a Gladiator. The rest of the turn was a frantic effort to get something, anything, cleaning up (which was surprisingly difficult). There was a unit of nihilators that earned my eternal disappointment that day.

If Skorne wants heavy warnouns dead, they pretty much need to use heavy warbeasts to do it. It's not something to be ignored.
>>
>>47216245
They're going to have to remove primal and eKromacs feat, because if those two still exist, Ghetorix will still be able to one round most colossals
>>
>>47214207
As it stands, the new power fields make scaverous a monster because he has a higher base arm than anyone else with death ward.

The soul thing is whatever if he doesnt have a reliable way of getting souls
>>
>>47215285
They have already said charging remains unchanged and that warbeasts have to force to charge. I think it was the cryx insider thread and the trollkin insider respectivly
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.