[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/HHG/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: HHG 2.jpg (12 KB, 249x166) Image search: [Google]
HHG 2.jpg
12 KB, 249x166
Rolled 11 (1d20)

The Panolopy of the Raven Lord is the TMNT weapons edition.
Someone needs to do a 30K mod for mount and blade sub-edition.

LAST TIME ON /HHG/ We discussed the latest thing GW shat the game up with, headless Fulgrim, of mastodons and tartarus termies, militia and cults are 30 jelly anvils, IW players were sad, the Kyme-Trope law was invoked, Marine sniper rifles DON'T shoot a laser to create a hole for a poisonous crystal to enter, armour marks and a related variant of a beloved copypasta was posted and Morty has a subconscious inhibitor which means he can't see walls.

Red Book Links:
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
>>
>based unification filling in for threadguy when he's asleep

So /hhg/, how do you roll with your destroyers? I'm not sure on how to kit mine out.
>>
If I have 6 Outriders with a sergeant, they can have 3 power weapons, right?
>>
>>47149297
>11
Your legion got deleted.

Link to old bread
>>47124433

Not sure, though being a mortariat's bodyguard seems reasonable.

Putting them in a scouting land raider is probably just sinking too many points into them though, though it is sure to attract attention
>>
>>47149297
>Marine sniper rifles DON'T shoot a laser to create a hole for a poisonous crystal to enter,

Hate to break it to ya, but those are Astartes Pattern Sniper Rifles. They're needle rifles.
>>
>>47149653
Yeah, in second edition. Do find me a recent source saying it's a needle rifle, because you won't fucking find it.

>inb4 more unsourced wiki shit
>>
>>47149609
That's what I'm thinking, Jump-packs are only really cost effective if you take 10, but at that point you're sinking a ridiculous amount of points that could get vindicator'd if you're unlucky.
>>
>>47149653
I'm aware the Codex has made a decision, but given it's a stupid-ass decision I've elected to ignore it.
--Rogal Dorn
>>
>>47149690
"The thump of exploding fuel dumps, or the sudden hiss and crack of sniper rounds punching through skulls"
"Heads snap back and warriors crumble to the floor, neat holes drilled through their skulls by sniper fire"
--7E Spess Mehreen Codex
It doesn't even say whether they're shooting poison shards or not, so here's a proposition: YOUR DUDES are shooting whatever YOU want them to shoot.
I, for example, consider stupid the concept of a rifle shooting 2 consecutive ammo types (laser followed by Dark Eldar poison), given that the first one is affected by visibility and the other is affected by gravity. As such, my dudes shoot solid ammo guns. It works for me, it works for my opponent. It won't work for spergguys, but nothing ever works for them, so why bother?
>>
>>47149690
>Imperial Armour Volume 8 Raid on Kastorel Novem
>Deathwatch Rites of Battle
>Legion of the Damned(Novel)

Those are what's off the top of my head. They all use MKIX Ultra Pattern Rifles, which are needle rifles. I'm the sniper in our deathwatch group.
>>
File: Garro_vs_Lord_of_Flies.jpg (144 KB, 500x726) Image search: [Google]
Garro_vs_Lord_of_Flies.jpg
144 KB, 500x726
First for Garro, hero of the Imperium.
>>
>>47149806
Look, your dudes can shoot hot jizz for all I care. But the whole argument wasn't about headcanon, it was one faggot going "Marine snipers fire laser beams that drill holes for poison crystal darts, it's canon and in every modern SM codex", which is a blatant lie.
>>
>>47149821
>which are needle rifles

Only source I've seen for them to be needle rifles is the FFG book. The FW book doesn't say anything about it being a needle weapon. What does the novel say? I can't find one to download and look for myself.

Also, I'm sure the latest SM codexes are newer sources, if we have to go with "it's all canon".
>>
>>47149834
That poor marine. End his misery, Garro. Who does these pictures by the way? BL? Some fanartist? I want to know because I love this art.
>>
>>47149834
Assuming defensive Position for Saul Tarvitz too.

Did ne survive like Loken?
>>
>>47150183
It's left ambiguous after he duels lucius, but its implied he died in the fighting.
>>
>>47150232
Well, not everybody can be saved by the Emperors grave it seems.
>>
>>47150143
Flight of the Eisenstein, if Wikia is to be believed.
>>
>>47150251
desu at the rate they're bringing back Isstvaan III characters, I'm surprised anyone actually died.
>>
>>47150305
fucking japmoots word filters, t b h is what I meant.
>>
>>47150143
>Who does those pictures
BL-hired guy. Lexicanum names him Karl Richardson, he apparently did most of the stuff in early BL novels.
>>
>>47149834
Garro, Tarvitz, and Loken: B-BF! (Battle-brothers forever)
>>
Has anyone ever done a converted Cataphractii Chaplain? I think it could look pretty damn scary.
>>
so are meltabombs usable yet?
>>
>>47150232

Galaxy in flames has him and remaining loyalists stand to attention as the second orbital bombardment hits
>>
Teleport Homer - "Friendly units composed entirely of models in Terminator armour do not scatter when they Deep Strike, so long as the first model is placed within 6" of the teleport homer’s bearer. For this to work, the bearer of the teleport homer must have been on the battlefield at the start of the turn."

Master of the Atramentar - "Night Lords Legion Terminator squads and Terminator Command squads from the same detachment as Sevatar who Deep Strike will not scatter as long as they are placed within 6" of Sevatar as they deploy."

Does this mean that Terminators can deepstrike without scattering the same turn as Sevatar deep strikes?
>>
>>47151200
I don't see why it would be exclusive to when Sevatar deepstrikes. It seems to be a Teleport Homer that's exclusive to NL Termies from the same detachment.
>>
>>47151263
The regular teleport homer only allows the noscatter if the model with the homer was on the board at the beginning of the turn. Sevatar's is missing that rule so I was curious if Sevatar could drop in a drop pod and then have the terminators deepstrike safely within range on the same turn.
>>
>>47151351
What's the fluff for the leader of a terminator elite corps to not be wearing termie armour?
>>
>>47151351
Ah, that's an interesting question.
There isn't any statement of any restriction like that, so I'd say it's 100% aligned with RAW, and you should feel free to do it.

>>47151398
Not sure, but he's basically a "dueling captain", like Sigismund, so he's basically wearing regular armour "to do parkour", as someone described light armour last thread. It's still weird how he doesn't have artificer armour, though he does have precognition.
>>
Post primarch theme albums. I'll start with Curze:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUQpHPPbdCI
>>
>>47151763
Sanguinius, Primarch of the Bangels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu_pNeqAQ-U&list=PLnUGE1D0NcehJEf_EwJE37vleIIH8Q32z
>>
>>47149297
Let's make things more random. Roll a D20, the first to get dubs is the legion I pick
>>
File: 1417100478780.jpg (119 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1417100478780.jpg
119 KB, 500x500
>>47152180
Not one of these threads!
>>
>>47152205
It's too late, loyalist!
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>47152205
Roll didn't go through. God damn machine spirits
>>
>>47151893
Sanguinius, Primarch of the Bengals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37-AlmNdESg
>>
>>47151398
The fact that he's first captain, and bosses around everyone who isn't Curze
>>
>>47152298
Why does he only have power armour then?
>>
>>47152310
Night lords
>>
>>47152310

Termi Armor makes it hard to shank people and encourages something closer to a fair fight
>>
>>47150332
Thanks for telling me his name. His work is some of my favorite 30/40k art next to the woman who does the FW sketches, and Wayne England.
>>
>>47152180
Why? Why do we need to keep doing this? We have charts.
>>
30k thunderwolf sneak peek coming next week
>>
>>47152365
No offense, but the charts are shitty. We need one that takes personality into more account and less MEMES.
>>
>>47152310
Got tired of the Custodes rollin' up on him while he was chillin' and asking where he got such a nice set of armor.
>>
>>47152375
Proof?
>>47152388
I can make one but I won't be able to post it until maybe Tuesday or Wensday. My modem's krumped, and I'm running close to out of data on my phone. Hopefully someone will take over making thread summaries until then.
>>
>>47152347
What's the woman called? I friggin' love her art.
>>
>>47152375
DELETE THIS!
>>
>>47152447
Do it. We need a good chart
>>
>>47152496
I can't remember her name.
>>47152515
I'll try my best. Hopefully it'll be more orderly than my Knight Errant generator.
>>
>>47152336
Why not artificer then?
>>
>>47152388
I thought you just wanted to fool around and meme. The 1d4chan legion article is good enough to make a choice.
>>
>>47151398
He doesn't need it and the armor will probably reduce his fightan ability
>>
>>47152885
Dude, artificer armour is merely pimped out power armour, not bulky like termie armour. But saying "he just doesn't care" could be the reason
>>
>>47152957
I'd say pride, since he's a duellist and believes no fo could touch him, but that seems unlikely given the Night Lords' general cowardice.
>>
How is sevatar as a general? Like lore wise how skilled is he at being an actual captain as opposed to just duelling
>>
>>47153249
Think of NL leaders as mafia bosses.
>>
>>47153249
He's literally the perfeft type of person to be captin of the NL. If he hadn't died he would have been able to keep the legion together after Curze died. Then there's his fuck all dueling and killing ability with precognition.
>>
>>47153347
It was said he would have still had problems keeping the legion together.
>>
>>47153558
Curze had problems keeping them together. The elites and first company were utterly loyal to him and after their escape from the dangles ambush he simply offed several captins that turn tail and ran. He might have to kill a few fuckers but he would have kept it together as much as the primarch after the scouring.
>>
>>47153954
There was going to be a lot of skull cracking.
>>
>>47155143
Just so long as the skulls don't have a 2+Sv he should be fine.
>>
>>47151398
Not a fucking clue, Seeing as every sergeant in the legion can get Artificer armour for a mere 10 space bucks yet why NONE of the named captains (read: NONE) wear artificer armour is beyond me. The only reason I could come up with is maybe their legion lacks the resources for it but then I remember, Oh Yeah, their planet is KNOWN for adamantium output so there's no reason what-so-ever, Forgeworld just thought a 2+ re-rollable armour save was far too good for the highest ranking captain in the legion.
>>
How big is Kharn's base? I want to be able to slot him in the display base sometime, and the game base fits perfectly on 25mm, but that seems a bit small given the usual 32. I got mine from a recaster, so no bases provided.
>>
File: IMG_0206.jpg (494 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0206.jpg
494 KB, 2592x1936
>>47155192
Actually with rending and instant death he's a really good duelist even against 2+ saves. He really only fails when he meets someone who can beat his initiative 7 or so much as mentions eternal warrior in their rules. But assuming you don't get precognition off and his squad doesn't outnumber the enemy he instantly turns into a mediocre praetor with instant death.

>>47155223
Probably as big as Sevatar's
>>
>>47149941
The scout-snipers in Legion of the Damned are using laser weapons.
No mention of poison darts.
>>
>>47150268
>if Wikia is to be believed

hahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>47153249
When he didn't like the way the Kyroptera were operating, he had them all killed and replaced within one hour. Immediately after he formed the new group he planned to send them every which way to disrupt the Loyalists where they could. Then the Night Haunter wakes up and tells everyone to rush headlong into The Lion not the DAngles legion, not the flagship, The Lion Luckily only Sevatar and the Altramentar heard the order and teleported with him into the halls of The Lion's flagship.
>>
>>47155917
If the rest of the legion came along they might have won.
>>
>>47153249
To add to the other posts, in the 'present', several members of the NL muse that if Sevatar hadn't died, then the legion might still have it's shit together.
>>
>>47155951
Assuming you got a legion full of cowards to commit to such a plan,
At what cost?
>>
Looking to expand my IW to do Ironfire, I noticed it only affects barrage weapons. If I am correct, that includes Quad Mortars, Whirlwind + Scorpius, Medusa and Basilisk tanks. Are there any other options for barrage weapons I've missed, any supers or anything? Would a Minotaur be legit?

The Scorpius with rocket barrage looks nice on paper. I currently only have the quad mortars because IW have no other elite choices anyway.
>>
>>47156174
No minotaurs for legions

I think the achilles and alpha are both barrage on the main gun as well, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>47155911
The wiki is correct there.
>>
>>47156174
Is the Typhon's cannon not barrage?
>>
>>47156743
Nah the Typhon is basically just a vindicator scaled up in microsoft paint
>>
>>47156174
>IW have no other elite choices anyway
What slot is the Domitar-Ferrum in?
>>
>>47156692
They could bring Minotaurs as a LoW. They're available to Reductor AdMech, and don't the Ironfire allows for Allies?
>>
>>47156844
The "overpriced footslogging shit" slot
>>
>>47156850
You cant take a LOW for your allies
>>
>>47157032
The Minotaur taken as a Legiones Astartes Lord of War. There's a provision to take a vehicle from any of the IA books. But it'll be from the IA book, not the one the Reductor has access to, which by the way, they take it as a Heavy support choice, not as a LoW
>>
>>47157261
Ah, they can take a squadron of three as one HS choice
>>
>>47157261
I thought you weren't allowed to take a vehicle from any of the IA books anymore, only 30K approved LOWs

>minotaur squads as HS for reductor

Oh shit
>>
>>47152388
Then make the decision yourself or make a better chart.
>>
What's the best way to mix shades together? I feel like dipping your brush then wiping onto pallet would be a little harder since they're so much thinner.
>>
File: Sevatar-5.jpg (75 KB, 562x515) Image search: [Google]
Sevatar-5.jpg
75 KB, 562x515
>>47153249
Sevatar is love
Sevatar is life

>google says this model is Sevatar
>no red gauntlet
>mfw
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>47157857

Use a pipette or washes that come in dropper bottles and put them on the palette and mix.

Or just keep transferring wash over with a large brush until you have enough on your palette.

Or buy an empty pot from Tamiya or some other company or knick knack store and pour in there.
>>
>>47157870
>No red gauntlet
That's a painting fail, not Fake-Siggy fail tier. Paint it Red yourself then.
>>
>>47158077

FW and GW paint studios always paint shit wrong. Orion from WE has green skin but they painted him flesh. Mortarion has a mask and they modeled him without one. Kharn has an untouched and handsome face but FW made him super scarred.
>>
>>47152388
I could make one based on playstyles but it would require that someone be able to quickly sum up how any legion that isn't Blood Angels, World Eaters, and Emperor's Children.
>>
>>47158120
>Mortarion has a mask and they modeled him without one.
Must have been extremely painful.
>>
>>47158077
>fake siggy
do explain anon
>>
>>47158120
Well I'm saying failing to paint something right is a forgiveable mistake. Fake-Siggy, scarface Khârn and unmasked Mortarion? Utter failure.
>>47158155
:^)
>>47158241
Sigismund is blonde. FW made some fake bald shit and called him Sigismund
>>
>>47158264
I did notice that... I was just going to swap the head with a crusader one anyway
>>
>>47158281
I made a true Siggy pic, hihglighting the details, but I'm on my phone.
>>
>>47149297
Thought exercise: how would the Istvaan III Atrocity have changed, if at all, if it had been the Sons of Horus, Night Lords, Iron Warriors (with a loyalist playing the role of Garro), and the Emperor's Children (so Saul still makes it to the surface)
>>
File: SaulTarvitz.jpg (94 KB, 600x875) Image search: [Google]
SaulTarvitz.jpg
94 KB, 600x875
>>47158480
Saul still grabs Horus' wolf cloak and pulls it over his face before shoving him down a flight of stairs into a set of bowling pins named Curze and Perturabo because he's Saul Motherfucking Tarvitz and humiliating primarchs is what he does.
>>
>>47157870
maybe it's before he got condemned?
>>
>>47158775
What did he do to get sentenced to death?
>>
>>47158856
It was never mentioned, he did something on Isstvan V.
>>
Guy who said he'd make a decent chart here. I thought of some flavor text for the World Eater choice.
>There's no time to contemplate on loss potential, the Nails roar for blood! Take up your chainaxe and cut down all who oppose the Warmaster. Show the loyalists true fury unrestrained until you die like the mad dog you are.
>>
File: Konrad_Curze_sketch.jpg (25 KB, 250x284) Image search: [Google]
Konrad_Curze_sketch.jpg
25 KB, 250x284
>>47158919
>"Sevatar! Help me skullfuck these corpses. Come on man, don't leave me hanging. I'll look really stupid if I'm the only one doing it. Damn it Sevatar!"
>>
>>47158998

Sounds cringey and autistic, so I guess it fits? Unfortunately.

The secret to preventing cringe is to not make shit too wordy and prosaic. You could've just said something like "Casualties? Our rage will not be denied!" Even that's kinda cringey.
>>
>>47159005
>Father thats not scary at all! Come on, stop it.
>What?! There are few things scarier than a bunch of corpses with geneseed spewing from their mouths! That doesnt scare you?
>You're embarassing me dad!
>You're not my son anymore Sev, get out!
>>
>>47159005
I-I'll skullfuck the corpses with you, senpai!
>>
File: Curze_faces_Vulkan.png (1 MB, 1021x1497) Image search: [Google]
Curze_faces_Vulkan.png
1 MB, 1021x1497
>>47159134
>"No! It has to be the first captain! otherwise everyone's going to think it's dumb!"
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 720x480
>>47159101
>Sounds cringey and autistic, so I guess it fits? Unfortunately.
You're saying I should be a Black Library writer?
>Even that's kinda cringey.
Darn. I'll mull over something later on.
>The secret to preventing cringe is to not make shit too wordy and prosaic.
Thanks, Anon. I'll use this for later.
>>
>World Eaters
you just want to feel the crunch of your enemies models under your fists. The sound of a chainsaw revving is the only thing missing from your victories

>Death Guard
You love moving slowly up the board. You love to see your enemy unload shirts full of dice only to shrug off the blows. A weapon that works for you but not for your enemy completes your night

>Night Lords
Your favorite part of close combat is actually sweeping your opponent, or seeing them run off the board. A helpless opponent is the most fun to fight

>Emperor's Children
you love getting compliments on your models just as much as you love routing an enemy. It's just not a fun game if the warlords don't fight, no matter who wins

>Sons of Horus/Luna Wolves
You favor the overwhelming force. You either have to have the biggest guns or the most bodies. Your favorite game is when the enemy's warlord is dead on turn 2
>>
>>47158155
He's a big model.
>>
>>47158480
Without Angron on hand to launch a ground assault the traitors would have bombarded the loyalists from orbit and lost relatively few marines.

Except the Iron Warriors who would somehow have taken 65% casualties.
>>
>>47159325

This is especially impressive since the IW were not at Istavaan 3
>>
>>47159262
Shouldn't these questions be about playstyle? I mean assuming we are doing a serious chart.
>>
>>47159358
Pert killed 65% of his dudes for no reason around that time?
>>
>>47159359
Doesn't have to be a flowchart
>>
>>47159325
>>47159358
Perturabo would be conflicted over whether to decimate or not.
>>47159405
Lord no. He can't decimate that many of his children in one sitting.
>>47159359
I was going to do something for the IWs with something like expendability is written on your models like those stars on their chests.
>>
>>47159262
I fixed some of them

>World Eaters
Do you know how to paint blood splatter properly? Do you want to lose every game rushing your marine bots into close combat? Do you absolutely love painting white?

>Death Guard
Does everything you paint look like shit? Do you want to abuse those phosphex rules? Will you die if I take that off?

>Night Lords
Do you love medieval torture? Do you love making dark and edgy models? Even sarcastically? Do you have the patience for scribbling tiny pinstriped lightning?

>Emperor's Children
Do you have an eye for perfection? Do you love using girly colours? Even sarcastically? Do you have a talent for snobbishly pissing off your opponents?

>Sons of Horus/Luna Wolves
Do you love painting white? Green? Do you want to end every Primarch argument? Did you like the first three books?
>>
>>47159421
Even then shouldn't it be about playstyle?
>Do you want to most broken and exploitable army?
Blood Angels
>Do you like the idea of always winning challenges without a scratch and having outflanking reserves arrive on a specific turn?
Emperor's Children
>Do you like throwing waves of space marines at the enemies and throwing 100+ dice per assault?
World Eaters
>>
File: happypertsadpert.png (592 KB, 1045x554) Image search: [Google]
happypertsadpert.png
592 KB, 1045x554
>>47159441
All you need for IW
>>
>>47159473
>>Do you want to most broken and exploitable army?
>Blood Angels
Dude, are you trying to attract WAAC? Zardoz didn't give the Blood Angels the megadakka to be abused.
>>47159481
Thanks for the giggle.
>>
>>47159441

Do you like Pyrrhic victories? Do your fortifications double as bombs when over run?
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 960x901) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 960x901
>>47159544
That actually works. I got one for Shattered Legions.
>Can't decide which legion to pick? Boy do we have news for you.
>>
>>47159468 here

>Blood Angels
Do you love red and black? Do you love good guy vampires? Do you have easy access to lots of Assault Cannons? Do you hate the price of Assault Marines?

>Iron Warriors
Do you have an easier time painting metalics? Do you love hazard stripes? Do you enjoy sitting back and bombarding the enemy? Do you find everyone around you expendable?
>>
>>47159468
Poking fun at each legion is fun, but this comes off as just plain insulting in a passive aggressive way. It doesn't make me want to play any of these legions
>>
>>47159757
I kind of agree. Although I will continue to support that the questions should be gameplay related because that really does matter more than "I like killing things" or "I like being nice."
>>
>>47159468
>girly colours
>gold and purple
You don't know shit about history do you nigger
>>
>>47159840
Maybe he's talking about post heresy. Is there a worst color scheme than post heresy Emperor's Children? I don't think so.
>>
>>47159906
Flawless Host
>Shit colours and you have to paint flames
>>
>>47159958
Slaaneshis should really just take the cake and be banned from this discussion. Worst Non-Slaaneshis color scheme.
>>
>>47160038
Imperial Fists. Yellow is a shit-tier color
>>
>>47160071
I don't understand this. What's the deal against yellow? Are you sure you're not associating your dislike of the Fists with yellow?
>>
>>47159481
Still think there's nothing wrong with the dreadnought.
>>
>>47159481
>Putting special heads and torsos on everyone
>Not using it to show off special honours and rank
Every one of my EC has the aquila torso, but only a handful of sergeants, captains, and Palatine Blades actually have the Phonecian pattern helmet.
>>
>>47160141
I've never liked yellow, even before I knew shit about 40keks. I don't even know why. Probably because it's sunny and cheerful, which is gross.
>>
>>47160366
So being stuck in a yellow room where Dorn is talking about cheerful things would put you on suicide watch?
>>
>>47160448
Let's just say the thought makes me cringe.
>>
>>47160487
>makes you cringe
There's something I'd never thought you'd say.
>>
>>47159757
I wasn't even poking fun, I was describing what goes into building and painting each legion and what to expect playing each legion.

If you can't poke fun at your own legion then you probably take this game too seriously.
>>
>>47152611
None of the NL characters have artificer for some reason, I have no idea why thought.
>>
>>47159840
You sound pompous enough to play EC. Enjoy your chicken dinner.
>>
File: IMG_20160508_185446.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160508_185446.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Would you be mad if a poorfag used this instead of the actual Sigismund model? I really don't like the FW model enough to spend 70 bucks on it and a friend gave me this for free
>>
>>47160770
They prefer being sneaky, you don't need protection when no one is shooting you.
>>
>>47160795
Nah it looks fine.
And the Sigismund model is meh anyways.
I can sympathise with the not exactly being rich thing, my models are unfortunately not very uniform and have a bit of a lack of older variants of armour besides what I got from Betrayal at Calth,
>>
>>47160802
>They prefer being sneaky

I keep hearing this but I can't believe it's true every time I hear it.

The Raven Guard like to sneak around, the Alpha legion like to sneak around, both these legions modify their suits to run quieter. The Night Lords hook up amps to their vox and modify their jump packs to scream when they fly. Don't get me wrong, it seems like they sneak around sometimes, but they want their prey to be well aware that the Night Lords are here, and they have come for you!
>>
>>47160297
This is the best way to do it and much more cost effective dollaroos wise as well.
>>
>>47160851
There you go, they have artificer vox amps instead of protection.
>>
>>47160851
You don't need protection when the other guy is scared shitless of you?
>>
>>47160827
I personally think the most important thing is that we aren't playing 40k armies. I'll spend my money on the cool forgeworld things like templar brethren upgrades and sexy tanks haha.
>>
>>47160883
>>47160890
None of this changes the facts I stated here >>47155209
The night lords seem like THE legion to have lots of Adamantium to use on artificer armour.

My only guess is that they put all that Adamantium into Altramentar Terminator suits instead.
>>
>>47160795
I'd be fine with it, the EC is a good fit for Siggi, since he founded the BT after all. It's like an ingame easter egg.
>>
>>47160795

Both this model and the 30k Emperor's Champion both look better than the actual Sigismund model.

I'm pretty sure more people use the 30k EC model as Sigismund than the actual Sigismund model.
>>
>>47160297
>the Phonecian pattern helmet.

EC pls, that's just a BA/UM helmet with a plume.
>>
>>47160795
Give him a fancy display base and I'll think about it.
>>
>>47160950
What about their ships? They need their ships. Besides, they avoid fair combat.
>>
File: emperors_champion_12__sized_l.jpg (519 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
emperors_champion_12__sized_l.jpg
519 KB, 750x1000
>>47160982
shit, forgot pic
>>
>>47161004
They didn't seem to have more ships / more durable ships than any other legion.
>>
>>47160950
Lack of another important resource: fucks given
>>
>>47160950

They have materials but their legion doesn't seem like one that would encourage customization of armor or encourage it.

Weapons, sure. Everyone would have their own weapon that they gave a damn about but armor doesn't kill anyone, why bother with finely crafted versions when your going to add on flayed skins anyway.
>>
Guzi li se išta?
>>
File: 1337707870190.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1882) Image search: [Google]
1337707870190.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1882
>>47159481

whats so bad about the stars?
>>
>>47160946
Now that I've seen how cheap recast stuff is I'll make a concerted effort to make things look proper. Since I don't have to bust my wallet to make just one squad of dudes and instead spend $30-$40 a month for 5ish dudes and slowly build up squads one at a time. Occasionally I'll splurge and buy a tank or flyer or something
>>
File: Tox-troopers-800x500.jpg (49 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
Tox-troopers-800x500.jpg
49 KB, 800x500
>have lots of space marines
>dark compliance looks cool
>see these models
>want to use them really bad
>go down to description
>31mm tall (not counting spike)
Would this stand out much from a FW space marine? Everything Anvil Industries sells is so fucking good, if it would be a glaring size difference I'll wait for their build-a-regiment bits.
>>
>>47161165
Can Dark Compliance guys have the genecrafted provenance? That'd be a pretty obvious explanation. What Legion are you?
>>
>>47160979
Yes, the helmet was so glorious the BA and UM decided to copy us.
>>
File: 1456872736326.jpg (245 KB, 976x600) Image search: [Google]
1456872736326.jpg
245 KB, 976x600
>>47160851
>>47160883
>>47160950
>>47161021
>>47161029
So that's the reason:
The Night Lords don't use artificer armour because they spent all the adamantium budget on a unit that lacks rules. They also layer their armour with so much flayed skin that it ends up adding to their survivability anyways.
>>
>>47161006
Muh dick. It's a better base than Guilliman's, on par with Horus'.
Is that sword chained to his arm?
>>
>>47161843
And on amplified voxes and screamer jump packs, of course.
>>
>>47161843
Yes. Stupid mortals.
>>
>>47160770
>I have no idea why thought.
Because everyone knows theys from tha hood. And if a battle-brother from tha hood goes moving, running, and charging around in a pimped out bling suit then the Custodes start askin questions and hassling a 'Startes.

Like, where you get that armor from? Don't see many of them armors around here. You own that armor? Buy it yourself? That real flayed baby faces on that loincloth? Where they even make those?

And the next thing you know they beatin some poor praetor's ass and he screamin that he can't breathe. I know that guy, he's a good guy, been getting his life on track. Trying to find a job and going to atheist church and everything.
>>
>>47161876
>Is that sword chained to his arm?
Faith chains that sword to his arm.
>>
>>47149690
FWIW, I have the 5th edition codex and it doesn't clarify what they shoot, only that they're strength X. I think the first HH book was written when that codex was current, and it tells you to refer to 40k rules for a bunch of weapon profiles, including sniper rifles.

imo, that means older fluff still applies and they're needle rifles. Not that I mind if someone prefers to imagine solid shot.
>>
File: DSC_3833b.jpg (97 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3833b.jpg
97 KB, 750x1000
>>47161876
http://thor-modelling.blogspot.com/2014/05/step-by-step-making-ruined-marble.html

It looks a bit more complicated that I thought.

I'd probably just top a broken pvc pipe with some sort of cap, cover that in dirt and break a bunch of styrofoam for the floor.
>>
>>47161843
>pic

Where does someone get so many horrified face bits?
>>
What's the best of the three Super Heavy tanks for SM? The Fellblade, the Falchion, or the Glaive?
>>
>>47162222
From personal experience the glaive is a fucking nightmare to fight unless you have a Primarch or something similar. It just flat out fucks over all marines
>>
>>47162413
Great, I liek Volkite.
>>
Are Assault Squads best with no upgrades?
I'm tempted to give two dudes power swords and the sergeant something but I thought I'd get a second opinion.
>>
>>47162822
Unless your army has some issue making mobile power weapons hard to come by you probably shouldn't bother. EC, NL, and RG all at least have jump pack power weapons off the top of my head, World Eaters might benefit if you fielded a full squad with 4 power weapons plus one for the sergeant though.
>>
>>47162874
Ah I see. It's an Ultramarines Legion list, if it helps. On the same note, are Locutarus squads OK?
>>
>>47162921
They are great for mulching troops but lack the ability to deal with AP 2 well. Still between the Suzerains and command squads you should have plenty of access to AP 2 anyway.

So yeah I would give it a thumbs up.
>>
>>47162413

How good is it in regular 40k?
>>
>>47163066

You can't use it in 40k.
>>
>>47158697
Hero of Terra!
>>
>>47159176
Kek
>>
>>47159262
Ayyyy, love em!

Especially the EC, NL and SoH/LW ones.
>>
>>47160795
Its better than the FW one, as in...way cooler.
>>
>>47159405

That is called a regular tuesday
>>
>>47162021
>"the sudden hiss and crack of sniper rounds punching through skulls – these are the sounds of Space Marine Scouts at war."
>"Heads snap back and warriors crumple to the floor, neat holes drilled through their skulls by sniper fire."
>no mention of needles nor poison
-7e SM codex

>"The Astartes MkIX 'Ultra' pattern Sniper rifle"
>"Its independent power source is worn on the rear of the belt."
-IA vol 8, pg. 107

>"Sniper rifles have powerful telescopic sights, enabling the firer to target weak points and distant foes with unerring accuracy."
-5e SM Codex, 6e SM Codex (via 6e rulebook)
>>
>>47162021
Shit are you still on this bullshit?
Needle rifles have always been a seperate thing to sniper rifles stop being a fuckwit
>>
>Thousand Sons
Right, wrong, who cares now? You're in the wrong now. All that matters is how much psykers you've waited for and going to use.
Cringe? Y/N?
>>
>>47165033
>who cares if right or wrong
>you're wrong
Contradiction?

Overall, not cringe, but the phrasing is a bit odd.
>>
>>47165049
I was talking about Magnus in that first bit. As for the other thing I consider any side that wants to replace all machines with robotic dinosaurs to be in the wrong.
>>
File: trypticon.jpg (84 KB, 611x444) Image search: [Google]
trypticon.jpg
84 KB, 611x444
>>47165058
Face it you fucker, replacing shitty admech titans with Trypticon knock-offs is just good business for everyone.
>>
>>47165098
In Collected Visions the Thousand Sons we already on it. There's a Titan called the Khalphos Titan and it has a Dino head, plus a bayonet. I never thought Trypticon could become a gunship.
>>
>>47165033
I want every HQ to be a psyker, to take librarians in detachments like apothecaries, to field elite terminators and veterans with brotherhood of psykers and bitch slap primarchs with an invisible, precog Magnus.
>>
>>47165341
You can't always get what you want, Anon. Maybe you will, maybe FW will water it down. I can't wait for 30k Ahzek.
>>
>>47165354

Guessing it will go along the following
- all HQ are ML 1 with the ability to pick a focus
- Sekmet terminators and a veteran tactical esque BoP
- possibly disk riders
- a LA rule akin to how Tzeentch chaos warriors worked in fantasy 6th edition. Which was some of the most magicky armies around due to units with MoT generating extra powerdice
>>
>>47165607
Fan of that, loved silver-blue chaos warriors powering up the allready nasty sorcerers.
>>
And psyker dreads, ksons need those
>>
>>47149589
If you counting the SGT in there yes.
>>
I havent played HH before and my last 40k game already dates a few years back too but i am gonna have a HH game in a few weeks now.
What do you think of this list i thought up.
Gonna be fielded with an allied player fielding Sons of Horus vs most likely 40k Dark Angels and Vanilla Marines.

2000p Alpha Legion, Traitors

Preator 170p
Digital Lasers, Iron halo, Paragon Blade, Power Dagger, Master of the Legion(Coils of the Hydra)

Tactical Squad 240p
Legion Vexilla
Sergeant: Power Fist, Power Dagger, Artificer Armour
Rhino: Pintle-Mounted Heavy Bolter

Tactical Squad 240p
Legion Vexilla

Tactical Squad 240p
Legion Vexilla

Rewards of Treason: Fulmentarus Terminator Squad 575p
Cyclone Missile Launchers
Land Raider Proteus

Headhunter Kill Team 235p
Headhunter Prime: Artificer Armor

Predator Srike Armoured Squadron 300p
Predator: Lascannon Sponsons, Executioner Plasma Cannon
Predator: Lascannon Sponsons, Executioner Plasma Cannon
>>
>>47165354
>>47165607
I was mostly kidding, it's honestly too monotonous anyway in scope.

Plus I was at the weekender and Alan Bligh specifically spoke about TS tactics using battle-automata and how they are perceived by the legion. That was way too specific to NOT have the cataphractii robots in, or whatever they end up being renamed.

Well that on the Sons working directly with their forge world to develop psychic crystals that bypass the need for cortex controllers.
>>
>>47166256
Color me interested.
>>
Suppose I run a SoH army with the Long March RoW. When my LA (SoH) units arrive from the reserve using Outflank, can they claim bonus from the Relentless March effect immediately on the turn they arrive? Also, when the ratio of said units' locations are exactly 50:50 (like 2 units on my zone and other 2 units on the opponent's zone) how does the majority determined?
>>
>>47166364
It's not on a unit basis what bonus you get, it's referring to models in the unit. So as long as the majority of the unit is in one section of the board you're good.
>>
>>47166327
To recap what I remember: TS ranks are extremely thin compared to other legions, so the use of cybernetica battle-automata is prevalent. From how it was described it sounded like the automata could take on various functions (which is how the cataphract is described in the fluff - an all-rounder) but mainly they are sacrificial. Legionary lives are too precious, so the robots are used to shore up that weakness.

Psy-sensitive crystals, like the ones inserted in vertex cannis, are used to control these robots and they entirely bypass cortex controllers. The Sons work closely with the Arkhadine forge world to develop this technology. mars gets wind of this and brands it tech heresy, so when the Wolves are sent to Prospero the Martian mechanicum sends out multiple titan legions to tag along and eradicate Arkhadine's work.

Seeing how Alan made the bots sound like a vital part of Thousand Sons tactics and they actively develop such technology with their pet forge world, I'd be surprised if they were not a unique unit for them.
>>
>>47166655
Hm, thanks.

Thats pretty extreme.

How will the Wolfingtons differ?

After all, they said both would be very different from the others.
>>
>>47165341
>>47165354
>>47165607
>>47166256
>>47166655
I thought they were going to get psyker sgts. It'd make tactical squads worth taking.
>>
>>47167211
Alan was pretty mum about them.

Just that:
- We see the wolves in their modern (by Prospero heresy time) form, not their original, more subdued legion
- This means they are locked out of certain units but have their own fluffy equivalents
- He pointed to HQ as a spot where this should be obvious

That's about it for them.
>>
>>47167211
Thunderwolves+tac squad replaced with grey hunters
>>
>>47167342
Aw no, no thunderwolves. It's a retarded concept to begin with, but maybe it wouldn't be as strong as in 40k because storm shields aren't so widespread
>>
>>47167342

Legion tac squads are closer to grey hunters than they are to 40k tac squads.
>>
>>47167321
>>47167342
Will be interesting.
>>
>>47167509
Grey Hunters will be semi-destroyers
>>
>>47166655

well i am even more intrigued now, looking forward to see what the book brings
>>
>>47167563

Why? I mean, the things that grey hunters have in common with legion tacticals are no combat squads, optional extra CCWs, and no heavy weapons. Destroyers have dual pistols, rad, and phosphex. What does any of that have to do with grey hunters?
>>
>>47167634
Because SW are the executioner legion.
>>
>>47167222
I'd rather see the brotherhood of psykers thing the GK has.
>>
>>47167663
Destroyers dont execute though.

Maybe they will have a two handed axe version of exodus.
>>
>>47167718
Their main focus should probably some sort of melee equivalents to stuff like seeker squads.
>WS5
>Power weapons by default
>Can swap them for whatever special weapon the wolves get for X points
>Choose a single unit or independent character, the unit has preferred enemy against them
>Can be joined by a lone wolf/moritat
>>
>>47168014
Sounds pretty viking, even SoH.

I like it.
>>
>>47168048
Yeah, sucks that the Wolves will probably be special snowflake as fuck.
>We don't have tactical squads, we have grey hunters
>We don't have heavy weapon squads we have long fangs
Wolves in 40k really reak of reflavoured basic units with some wolves thrown in to justify them being a different codex. The 30k wolves being mostly standard except for executioner units, lone wolves, and RoW would actually seem cool.
>>
Say, if I buy a Land Raider Battle squadron (thus, not as DTs), can units begin embarked inside them?
The rulebook's transport section only states that DTs can only carry their assigned unit at deployment (IF carrying anything), but doesn't say anything about regular vehicle squadrons that also happen to have a transport capacity.
>>
>>47168199
Might ally in some cc woof seekers into my SoH and pretend they are no space wolfs at all.
>>
>>47168230
Good question, I think you can.
How would anyone use storm eagles if it was different?
>>
>>47168281
Oh, right. I didn't remember Storm Eagles to the very same thing. Thanks m8.
>>
>>47152205
> rolled a two, then rolled an eleven
good job dead man
>>
>>47166655
I didn't know the Sons were big on robots, Satan. Wait. These robots will be like the Rubric marines.
>>
>>47168824
Pretty much. They're tough, lumbering meat shields with no mind of their own that protect the more valuable assets.
>>
>>47168895
I'm going to laugh if they have dust in them.
>>
>>47160827
>>47160958
>Not liking radical surfing Siggy
It's like you're a TRAITOR.
>>
Hey /hhg/, I know that with book 6, the Bangles, Dangles, and White Scars all got 2 different rites of war. I remember hearing that each of the other previous legions got a second rite of war as well. What book are the new ones in?
>>
>>47169215
>>
File: space-yiffs2.png (142 KB, 699x674) Image search: [Google]
space-yiffs2.png
142 KB, 699x674
>>47168199
Well, in terms of chapter organization they are different. More different than Blood "among the first to adopt and uphold the codex" Angels and Dark "lets follow the codex so that nobody looks at us funny" Angels. They don't have chapter tactical squads, devastators or scout squads. Their new recruits are bloodclaws, their basic troops are hunters, their scouts and devs are vets. Also, wolf guard.

Personally I really don't want 30k SW to be super special, especially wolfety-wolf-wolf. Give us frost blades and axes, some skills, ICs the ability to buy yodawgs and throw in a special unit or two. Executioners if you want to get fancy (I'm happy to just run mine as dakka predators).
>>
>>47169312
Alan was pretty clear that they're not aiming to make 30k wolves into wolf-fuckers, pointing out the recent Wulfen as an example of shit (and then awkwardly trying to backtrack a little because he indirectly talked shit about GW).
>>
>>47169372
I think Alan is just a big fan of 2nd-3rd edition of 40k and is trying to recreate that with the HH, I expect the wolves to be based around that era of their army.
>>
>>47169372
I seem to recall FW wanting 30k Mechanicum and 40k Mechanicus to be different from one another, yet now they're making conversion kits for 40k Admech stuff and 40k Admech units (inc. post-Heresy creations) are seen in 30k artwork.

So I'm really not holding my breath. GW just needs to smell money and Alan can either suck dick or leave.
>>
>>47169261
Ok thanks, I'm just blind apparently.
>>
>>47169694
Met any gorgon terminators recently?
>>
This came up at the LGS recently and I got mixed responses so I'll ask here.

Does the Horus Heresy stand up to 40k armies? Do they legitimately have a chance against Formations? Can they hold their own if the opponent is not running formations? I'm not talking about Eldar/Necron/Tau bullshit, I'm talking about the dude who brings the average 40k army to game night.
>>
File: Space Wolf Codex.jpg (3 MB, 2348x3458) Image search: [Google]
Space Wolf Codex.jpg
3 MB, 2348x3458
>>47169434
So let's see then.

Compulsory troops choices would be Blood Claws and Grey Hunters. Blood Claws are Assault Squads without packs and with worse WS/BS but Rage. Grey Hunters would be Tactical Squads but would gain True Grit in exchange for a decreased maximum squad size. Together they form a hammer and anvil setup.

Heavy Weapons Squads would be replaced by Long Fangs which have higher LD and split fire, but a max squad size of 5 or 6. They'll probably wind up never being taken because of the small squad size and because one of the legion's unique units will be a Leman Russ, probably of the Exterminator variety.

The other unique unit will be Wolf Scouts, who will be recon squads on steroids, behind you, and with special weapons.

LA:SW will probably give Acute Senses and Counter Attack. We'll might see some sort of Lone Wolf as a Consul upgrade. Legion Specific wargear will probably include frost swords/axes, pet wolves, and some form of hunting trophies that give the taker a CC buff.

Also no Apothecaries.
>>
>>47169840
Average 40k is balanced against average 30k between 2000 to 2500 points or so. Higher than that 30k can have an advantage with some potent Lords of War, lower than that point totals just totally fuck the 30k list. Minmaxed 40k vs minmaxed 30k, 40k wins.
>>
>>47161165
Thats pretty small actually

Theyre krieger sized
>>
>>47169840
>Does the Horus Heresy stand up to 40k armies?

Yes, as long as theres not much bullshit.

> Do they legitimately have a chance against Formations?

Depends on the formation I guess but overall I think not, formations tend to give more bonuses for less restrictions than rites of war plus you only get ONE detachment whereas 40k can bring a ton of small sized detachments with bonuses against your army and that will be the end of your 30k army.

If playing against 40k armies use the HH restrictions for both armies, so no formations and only one detachment.
>>
>>47169927
Don't forget Preferred Enemy (Thousand Sons). Unfortunately their characters are I1 for the first round of combat in a challenge with a DA character.
>>
>>47170018
>Glass jaw: Unlike most Primarchs Leman Russ is susceptible to instant death.
>>
>>47170165
Oh that's not even fair against El'Johnson. No wonder he was out cold for what three days?
>>
>>47170018
I doubt we'll get Blood Feud in 30k, it's still too recent to turn into a bitter grudge.
>>
>>47170238
Three days? Fuck and Magnus was throwing enough firepower to melt Custodes at Russ and it only made him even angrier. Lion's a beast.
>>
>>47169724
Would I have known if I did?
I don't think I'm getting your reference, I haven't read much of the general fluff, just rules for all and specific fluff for a few legions.
>>
>Urusrax
>more Mechanicum shit
>after I came to 30k specifically because faggots kept whining about too many marines in 40k despite there being far more non-marine releases and AoS than marines
>mfw 30k is just constant mechanicum releases

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47170310
It was in the neighborhood of a day to three days if I remember correctly.
>>
>>47170406
The Mechanicum needs expanding on. We need to know what sort of goodies Horus took away with his heresy.
>>
>>47170003
>>47169965
I've always figures even without formations that 40k would simply go MSU and screw over 30k.
>>
>>47170452
So we can taunt 40k fags with our sweet gear?
>>
>>47170310
>Lion's a beast.
No, anon, Lion kills beasts.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.