[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 1462671675334.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1462671675334.png
1 MB, 1024x768
GW is alive edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>>47148874
Why do 40Kfags start multiple generals? Check the catalog.
>>
Remove chickin
>>
>>47148901
You mean the one with 400+ replies?

My reply died in the last thread, so I'll ask again. Would anyone actually have a problem with someone using a marine codex (specifically Black Templar rules) with sister of battle miniatures? My new LGS seems to have an issue with it, but aren't giving any reason other than "it is dumb", while my former FLGS was perfectly fine with it.
>>
>>47148952
No. I mean this one >>47148769 , you blind bastard.

DELETE THIS
>>
Sooooo is the vendetta not a thing anymore?
>>
>>47148983
It happens every time some edgelord rebel wants to use the non meme image.

Stay mad faggot.
>>
>>47149014
Not in the dogfight phase, no.
>>
>>47149120
I am mad at 40K having two threads and shitting up the board.

Who the fuck gets worked up over OP images. What kind of autistic faggots lurk and post in these threads?
>>
>>47149414
Didn't see the other one, so I assume OP didn't either.

People should probably just stop making threads that look like entirely different threads. I mistook the other one for the roleplay threads.
>>
DELETE THIS HOTPOCKETMEN
>>
>>47149014
For the new stats it's the same as the Valkyrie as per the 40k fb page.
>>
>>47149414
>I am mad at 40K having two threads and shitting up the board.
You do realize /tg/ started as a 40k containment board right? And on top of that, this is the fastest moving general on the board.
>>
>>47149799
Really? Got some proof of that? My valkyrie stats says nothing about the vendetta
>>
>>47149974
Check the fb page.
>>
File: general.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
general.png
1 MB, 1024x768
No like OP is using the right image anyway.
>>
>>47150258
Look, not everyone likes the dumb tau face. It was funny for a day, don't get so possessive over a bad joke.
>>
>>47149446
i feel bad for those other generals who change images all the time. they must have such a hard time using the filter, checking images, and attempting to use a general to discuss the same shit they talk about day in and day out
>>
>>47150258
I used the exact same the last thread had.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-08-11-04-39.png (795 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-08-11-04-39.png
795 KB, 1920x1080
So back to cheerleader bodyguards or can I not read?
>>
>>47150554
Yep.

The only thing is that wounds bleed over, so bodyguards should still be able to take some hits, or you'll get people overkilling the bodyguards, and just bleeding wounds onto the character in a challenge.

I love it. Just slaughtered a terminator captain with powerfist and lightning claw with a Tau meleemander because I charged him out of a squad and into an assault terminator squad with said captain, who was also the warlord. I struck first, gibbed him, and hit&run out of the unit. It was great.
>>
File: just kill me.png (3 KB, 306x290) Image search: [Google]
just kill me.png
3 KB, 306x290
Why do people hate the new Necrons, what happened?
>>
>>47150744
You mean fluff or crunch?

In the fluff, it was because it went from cool terminator robots to lunatic Tomb Kings in SPAAACE.

In the crunch, it is because they are tough as shit, tons of invuls, and a 4+, reroll ones Reanimation protocol "ward save" that can be taken after their armour save, and is only reduced to a 5+ if the attack is somehow instant death against them.
>>
>>47150776
>In the fluff, it was because it went from cool terminator robots to lunatic Tomb Kings in SPAAACE
I thought they were always Tomb Kings in space that just happened to look like Terminators though?
>>
>>47150744
I don't care for fluff or crunch, their models are just shit. The vehicles are He-Man-tier dogshit and the guys who wear skin also look worse now. The rest got too much of an egypt touch, which is also slightöy worse than before.
All in all the worst release/update for any 40k faction ever.
>>
>>47150852

>literally hating on He-Man
>>
>>47148874
What's the best assassin to ally with an all-comers Tau army? I'm thinking of converting and fluffing a Tau-y one from a pathfinder model and some crisis bits.
>>
Hi guy who intends to get into 40k again here.
I played fantasy many years ago and i recently got Dark Vengance to build a chaos space marine army from.
What would be some good sets to get next for my army?
Is it normal to have more than one army is that sort of a no no?
I know jack shit and i need help.
>>
>>47151299
You can easily have more than one army. I have 5 pushing 6 myself.

As for what Chaos units to get next. It depends what you want to do with your force. Getting some bikers would be nice if you don't have them, along with a rhino for transport purposes.
>>
>>47151258
Eversor (maybe) for helping them in melee combat

Vindicare cuz shooty

Culexus because Tau aren't psyckers and could help for taking enemy psykers, also the Tau wouldn't feel weird being next to him
>>
>>47151258
Vindicaire would be the easiest to convert and justify rules-wise, though also likely the least helpful
>>
>>47151258
definitely the culexus. It is the only actual psyker-counter you will ever find in a tau codex.
>>
>>47151396
Sweet because i gotta say those Tau mechs are looking fine as hell.
I lack bikers and transport so i will look into that.
How are demons as support for the army?
Yay or nay?
Also traitor Imperial gurads are still a no no?
>>
>>47151466
Daemons are very solid support for a CSM list. They'd be a good option to pick up. Specific Daemons you pick up varies, since most of them are quite useful.

For Traitor Imperial Guard, you have the Renegades & Heretics army list from forgeworld. Easy enough to use guard models for it, but it's also a nice addition to a chaos army
>>
>>47151529
Thank you so much for all the info.
Seems like a great list too,a mix of space marines,mutants and imperial guards look so freaking awesome.
Might get some khorne demons first but then again i might as well go all chaos undivded because i do like plague marines.
>>
>>47151571
Plague marines are pretty nice, especially if you can get them as troops. There's usually not much issue with mixing and matching various god types.
>>
What is the typical composition of Tau list at 500pts?
>>
>>47151610
Fire warriors, crisis suits, pathfinders, some long ranged firepower
>>
>>47151610
Not a riptide. Fireblade, fire warriors, 3-4 suits, Pathfinders, maybe a piranha, pair of either railsides or missilesides depending on how your crisis suits are outfitted.
>>
>>47150805
One thing the Necrons had going for them pre-newcron was a sense of mystery. Most of the fluff in their codex was of survivors account, after action reports and people trying to study them. They had a pretty good eldritch/lovecraftian feel with the whole unknown horrors deal. It's why I liked them so much. The newcrons just feel so Saturday morning cartoon in comparison to me.
>>
>>47151401
>>47151430

Can the Tau actually roll warp charge without having a psyker with them? Otherwise he can't actually shoot unless he's near an enemy psyker.
>>
>>47152197
Fuck
I actually have no idea about that
>>
>>47152197
You ALWAYS roll a d6, you just don't get more warp charges.
>>
File: 20141227_164212 (1).jpg (149 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
20141227_164212 (1).jpg
149 KB, 1600x1200
>>47151258

You could convert the Culexus Assassin into something like this.
>>
>>47152297
I've seen that. I was thinking cutting down the helmet and affixing part of a crisis/riptide/broadside head, then making a gun out of some spare plasma rifles and pulse rifles.
>>
File: paladin_detects_evil.gif (673 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
paladin_detects_evil.gif
673 KB, 500x281
My brother takes a Command squad with a Techmarine and the Chains of Gorgon with a servo harness. That mother fucker has a 3++ 3+FNP(2+ with the warlord trait.) and IWND. With the new FAQ the Chains retain their powers on a passed FNP.

He's taken on Necron Overlords, Typhus and Dante without flinching.
>>
>>47152297
Man now I want to see an ork version for this
I'm sure it looks like a nob with a Shokk cannon in the head or something like that
>>
why is being a dick with striking scorpions so much fun

they're so damn choppy
>>
>>47152396
Render unto him, The D

It is the only way.
>>
>>47152708
Anything with ID works.

Funny thing, it's one of the only EW characters the Swarmlord can actually beat.
>>
Re-posting and cross-posting, because knights are expensive and I'd like to hear /tg/'s thoughts:

What's a cost-effective composition for a Forsworn Knight detachment? I'll buy like. . . A box of Renegade and one standalone knight. I'm thinking. . .
1x dual gatling, stubber, stormspear
1x reaper, thunderstrike, melta
1x ???

Gatling knight is there for maximum brrrt and to capitalize on preferred enemy if they bring a knight.
Melee knight is there to screen brrt knight and throw stuff.
For the last knight I don't know if I want to take a balanced composition, or maybe go triple melta (2x thermal, melta) to hunt TEQ and AV14

Should I suck it up and just field a trio of super gatling bros?
>>
>>47153024
Don't use a melta, the stubber is just there to paint targets to charge.
>>
>>47153024
Just magnetize them
>>
Speaking of magnetizing knights, I had the idea to use a Knight as both a loyalist and a renegade by magnetizing the armor and weapon bits, and having the identifying colors and heraldry of each knight be on those, while the main body would be a neutral color they would share.

Is this feasible at all?
>>
Rate my list for an upcoming game:
HQ (50pts)
Ethereal

Troops (215pts)
Breacher Team (55pts)
EMP Grenades, 5x Fire Warrior with Pulse Blaster

Breacher Team (160pts)
EMP Grenades, 5x Fire Warrior with Pulse Blaster
TY7 Devilfish
Disruption Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

Fast Attack (300pts)
3x TX4 Piranhas (100pts)
2x TX4 Piranha
Fusion Blaster

Heavy Support (321pts)
TX7 Hammerhead Gunships (133pts)
Ion Cannon, Seeker Missile, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

TX7 Hammerhead Gunships (188pts)
Longstrike, Railgun with Submunitions, Seeker Missile, Sensor Spines, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Formation Detachment) (959pts)
Formation (959pts)
Armoured Interdiction Cadre (524pts)
TX7 Hammerhead Gunships
2x MV1 Gun Drone, Ion Cannon, Seeker Missile

TX7 Hammerhead Gunships
Railgun with Submunitions, Seeker Missile, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

TX7 Hammerhead Gunships
Railgun with Submunitions, Seeker Missile, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

TX78 Sky Ray Gunships
Twin-linked Smart Missile System

Skysweep Missile Defence (435pts)
TX78 Sky Ray Gunships

TX78 Sky Ray Gunships

TX78 Sky Ray Gunships

TY7 Devilfish
>>
>>47151258
None you faggot, there literally isn't a Tau alive in the universe remotely like an imperial assassin.

I'd let you proxy a Vindicaire and that's it.
>>
>>47153748
time consuming, easy if you know how to magnetize already. desu I'd just buy another knight but I'm lazy
>>
>>47149961
>40k containment board

This meme has to stop. It was a board for people to post without furfaggotry shit which sparked a fucking war between furfags vs lolifags, gorefags and 40kfags.
>>
The OP image is easier to spot as it's been used for so long, why are people now getting SURPRISED that people aren't recognising the new fucking picture used by some buttmad faggot who didn't like the picture? This has happened a dozen or so times and it's boring as fuck.

/tg/ is a fucking shadow of it's former self.
>>
>>47153888
Really? So you'd have no problem letting me use an actual Culexus model but if I dare express myself creatively you'll throw a bitch fit?

That's find, you sound like too much of a curmudgeonly asshole to play against anyway.
>>
>>47153888
>None you faggot, there literally isn't a Tau alive in the universe remotely like an imperial assassin
Except for the vindicare you name yourself, an eversor being easily replicated (Tau can already bring a suicide bomb in the current codex), and a blank being possible to find amongst the worlds the have conquered. Fluff the weaponry and gear as you want.

Callidus is the only one I'd find strange, but call it an ethereal who has a device that superempowers their mindfuck ability and it is cool.
>>
>>47154010
The biggest issue is that the other thread is easily mistaken for the roleplay threads, which also automatically pop up when searching 40k.

If you want to use something different, at least use something we would actually recognize, like guardsmenplanet or someshit.

It is probably just some carnac loving faggot who does it to remove the chicken.
>>
>>47154313
I'm sure the Tau could scrounge up a blank but a Culexus is bio-engineered to be even worse than that, to the point where they even fuck with the Tau. Not to mention all that psyker gubbins attached to their face which they would have no idea how to make or operate, Earth caste are good, but they don't understand psychic shit well enough beyond "That shit is nasty, shoot if with more guns" Eversor is believable because Tau already fuck with their troops/citizenry using drugs. And seeing as the Tau can barely make their shit BS3/4 using their targeting shit, I doubt they could make a Vindacre.
>>
>>47153853
1845 out of 1850 points.

The idea is pretty obvious. We have a ton of tank happy players, and I want to beat them at their own game. No one fields only tanks like this, but I kinda want to try.
>>
File: Noise_Marine_Blast_Master.jpg (32 KB, 545x196) Image search: [Google]
Noise_Marine_Blast_Master.jpg
32 KB, 545x196
>>47151299
>>47151571

Once you go Blast
You never go back
>>
>>47153888

What about alien subject? Don't they have a race of Psykers Space Flat Bears?
>>
>>47154377
It's my assumption as well. /tg/ is full of such shit these days.
>>
>>47152297
Damn, now I'm thinking I could use a kroot, since they could probably feed them some blanks.

Don't think I could get it to come out as cool though.
>>
>>47152297

TETSUOOOOOO!!!!
>>
>>47154871
KANEDA!
>>
Hey guys what do you think of this 1850 list?
Hive fleet detachment

3 flyrants with brainworms and egrubs
1 hive crone
1 malanthrope
3 mucolid spores

Skyblight formation
Flyrant brainworms egrubs
Hive crone
2 harpies
3 gargoyle squads
>>
>>47150012
$60 book of nerfs, still have to check fb for stats.
>>
>>47154971
Yes, because $60 of nerfs and 4 years waiting for a fucking fix was much better. Do you remember what the world was like before home internet? Or, hell, broadband?
>>
>>47148952
Should be fine for casual games anon, not for tournaments though, if people are refusing to let you do it for a casual game it's kinda a dick move.
>>
>>47153853
Defiantly a very focussed list, which might be its biggest weakness, due to the tau's innate squishyness in cc - despite the breached teams you will not be able to hold off any dedicated assault, you might want to seek a bit more manoeuvrability with some battle suits, use them to go hunting elite infantry whilst e tanks pound the living daydaylights out of tanks and infantry blobs. Another question is where are you going to put your ethereal - I wouldn't put him with a breather squad because it would be highly unlikely if they last more an 2 or 3 turns, you should protect him because otherwise it's a free victory point for your enemy - hold him back with a strike team and some kroot maybe? And one final thing - WHERE E FUCK ARE YOUR MARKERLIGHTS - srsly, you need them!!
>>
>>47153966
[Citation needed]
>>
File: 1369345436512.jpg (88 KB, 486x565) Image search: [Google]
1369345436512.jpg
88 KB, 486x565
>first FW order
>hyped about my MKII en MKIII emp children shoulder pads
>they're disproportionally huge as fuck
>tfw WoW shoulders on my mreens
>>
>>47155002
I do. It wasn't a shit storm of dlc supplements with rehashed formations and art.

Back in 2nd and 3rd edition people still bought every codex around here. You wouldn't be missing content from some obscure supplent.

Let's not pretend it's not in the book because of the fact that in 7 years GW has been too cheap to put a sprue of lascannons in the box.
>>
>>47155216
Git gud
>>
>>47150328
Lower right corner. No one cares about the Tau Face.
>>
File: 1461541788851.jpg (32 KB, 430x316) Image search: [Google]
1461541788851.jpg
32 KB, 430x316
>>47155216
>Using Mk 2/3 pads on anything but mk2/3 armour
>>
>>47155375
what mk is the calth stuff?
>>
>>47155433
Mk4
>>
File: 20160501_213239.jpg (182 KB, 810x918) Image search: [Google]
20160501_213239.jpg
182 KB, 810x918
>>47155375

I personally think mk3 shoulders look fine on mk 4, but I only use them on my sergeants, and only one arm
>>
File: Kraken_Termagaunt.jpg (77 KB, 1125x464) Image search: [Google]
Kraken_Termagaunt.jpg
77 KB, 1125x464
So, Tyranids are 100% organic and 100% inhuman. All of their weapons are grown as part of their bodies.
Why do they need to grow "hands" that are joined to the weapon? Why do they need to grow a trigger for the weapon its hands are biologically joined to? Why do their weapons look like guns with magazines?
This seems ridiculously inefficient for something that's supposedly doing nothing but consuming and evolving perfect organisms for killing.
>>
>>47155536
Tyranid termagaunt is multiple organisms.

Grub has to hold the grub that shoots grubs
>>
>>47155536
>All of their weapons are grown as part of their bodies

No actually

The weapons are separate creatures, theyre joined together in a symbiotic relationship

A lot of the time the weapon fires other organisms as ammunition

So the "trigger" is for the main organism to use to signal to the weapon symbiote that it wants it to fire, and the "magazine" is where the weapon symbiote keeps the ammunition organisms
>>
I can't choose between starting an Imperial Guard, Tyranid, Necron, or Space Marine army.

Please convince me on which one I should do.
>>
>>47155573
>>47155587
Okay so that answers the first two, though I'm still hung up on why it looks so much like a gun that a human could use. Instead of the banana magazine, couldn't they simply have some kind of egg sac to draw from? That's the real inefficient bit.
>>
>>47155639
Have you considered Chaos?
>>
>>47155643
Because thats just how it was deisgned. The termagant is old, a hold out from when 40k was way more over the top and ridiculous

If you look at newer nid models they look more like how you described.
>>
>>47148952
Depends. Are they painted?

Greyfags get no slack.
>>
>>47155639
So that is like, half the factions. What historical military archetypes do you like, how much do you like modeling or painting, what fluff do you like, how much do you like to win?
>>
>>47155639
Do you mind having to paint a lot (and relatively detailed)?

>Yes
Do you prefer immovable wall or unstoppable force?
>Wall
Necrons
>Force
Marines

>No (to first question)
Watch Starship Troopers and decide which side you want to be on.
>>
It's dangerous to WAAAGH! alone--take this!

b i t_ly/ Orks 7e PD F <-- No spaces/underscores.

bitDOTly/_Or ks_ B S R <-- No spaces or underscores.

Feedback appreciated.
>>
File: dexter asks.png (248 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
dexter asks.png
248 KB, 500x375
Congratulations Anon you're now in charge of altering the fluff to any one faction of your choosing.

What do you do with it?
>>
File: NikNok, da Furniture Ork.png (894 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
NikNok, da Furniture Ork.png
894 KB, 1024x768
>>47155945
Fucking spam filter, kill yourself.
>>
>>47155949
Necrons never broke up C'tan or lost to Krorks. Instead they split into Silent King and C'tan worshipping factions which hate each other.

Shards are now lesser C'tans, made T8, can pick their powers, and are HQs for C'tan worshipping Necrons.

Both sides have their own codex, current codex is Silent King. C'tan codex drops the canoptek bugs, walkers and planes for Crypteks with powers, quantum shielded monoliths and silver tide tactics.
>>
>>47155949
We bring back Ollanius Pius, crush the Tau threat, and make the Imperial Gaurd great again
>>
>Faq released
>Worst armies in game suffer more

How this isn't an even big eye opener for lads at GW or even people who try to argue that the worst armies in the game are viable, is very much beyond me.
>>
>>47156193
>Imperial Gaurd
Smart move, we can copyright that and doesn't sound as silly as "Astra Militarum"
>>
So I was looking into the different armies and their variants, deciding which I want to be my first full force.
I am one hundred percent sold on the catachan jungle fighters, like holy shit
>dem headbands
>no shirts
>dem muscles
It reminds me of NES style heroes like in Contra and Metal slug, Rambo, which I'm sure was the vibe they were going for.
Have any of you ever gotten to play against an army of them? How do they play?
>>
>>47156259
Exactly like Imperial Guard, I believe. Don't know if they have any special rules or not outside of the Codex. But I do like their named characters, especially Sgt. Harker, who wields a Heavy Bolter as his personal weapon.
>>
>>47156226
>Not just using himebrew codecies

Gw certainly give a shit about my army or its rules, why should I give a shit about using them?
>>
>>47156226
Beyond the grenade nerf, what else has hurt the worst armies, and which ones precisely do you consider worst? I'm honestly feeling more butthurt for my reserve-heavy Tyranids with the new Dead From the Skies because no flyers in the codex means -1 to my reserves if my opponent brings a single flyer.
>>
>>47156313
>homebrew
>certainly doesnt

Curse my fat polish sausages, i need a bigger phone
>>
>>47155949
The forces of Chaos are actually made up of numerous races that worship the Gods, rather than just the traitor legions. It is actually incredibly common for Chaos Marines to fight shoulder-to-shoulder with aliens that they would have once slaughtered without thinking twice when part of the Imperium. This would emphasise that the Gods don't care about the species of their servants.

Whilst we're on Chaos, Malal's back.
>>
>>47155667
If only Slaanesh had good, cheesecakey models and wasn't garbage in gameplay.
>>
so I read the "echoes of the long war", beast arise #6

spoiler: Fist Examplars are secret Dark Angels successor
>>
>>47156333
Death from the Skies is optional and you can ignore it.

Tyranids got super buffed from this FAQ.
>>
>>47156348
>Malals back
Whit where?
>>
>>47156389
>Tyranids got super buffed from this FAQ.

Explain?
>>
Have FMC always been able to jink when gliding?
>>
>>47156283
That sounds baller in my book.
Can't wait to lead my army of action heroes against xeno hordes
>>
>>47156433
>Neurothrope super buff.
>Jink buff.
>FMC buffs.
>Witchfire power buffs
>Immunity to any blasts and templates while firing.
>Immunity to psychic powers that don't roll to hit while flying because can't be hit by weapons that don't shoot.
>Grenades being nerfed

To name a few.
>>
>>47156379
Wait, doesn't that mean the imperial fist geneseed isn't of pure IF stock then?
>>
What exactly is a Nidzilla list?
>>
>>47156536
12x Hive Tyrant
>>
can anyone show me their copy of death from the skies?
>>
Building up the two knights from the Renegade box, probably will make em both renegade knights to back up a Renegades and Heretic list. Are these two loadouts decent? I doubt I'll take more than 1 in a game, but if I do I'd take these together:

Renegade Knight 1 (475 points)
Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon
Avenger Gatling Cannon
Stormspear Rocket Pod

Renegade Knight 2 (375 points)
Reaper Chainsword
Thermal Cannon
Melta Gun

Knight 1 is all about dat AP3 since the meta is marine-heavy, and Knight 2 is insurance against another Knight.
>>
>>47153024
Dual rfbc for 4x s8ap3 pie plates @ 72". Add the barrage carapace weapon to drop an extra s5ap4 one with no Los required.
>>
What's your favorite army model wise, fluff wise, and crunch wise?
>>
>>47156502

they worked with Iron Warriors <-- since this part is on black library website and COVER ART i dont consider it a spoiler
..to EXTERMINATUS a world that once imperial now fell to the orks and is building attack moons
they were found by some storm troopers, said scions yelled "no lord no" and start voxing back about their apparently betryal
Fists knows they are doing things right, since protecting THRONEWORLD is above all and they other childrens of dorn will understand this - but not other imperial forces like guards navy and =][=
proceed to kill the scions outright and called their own marine fleet
"they are all traitor militia establish no contact allow no board and fire on spot"
>>
>>47156498
>Neurothrope super buff.
>Jink buff.

I get the rest but how did Jink and the Neurothrope get buffed?
>>
>>47156924
their witchfire dont have weapon profile therefore have no need to roll hit
this also apply to that.. big brain bug thing i cant recall the name, now they may be worth taking
>>
>>47156968
Maleceptor.

>>47156924
Neurothropes no longer need to roll to hit making their deadly power even more deadlier.

Jinks are pretty much super saves at the moment and are currently able to be taken against near on anything in the game, whether you've been targetted or not.
>>
>>47156704
magnetize the arms
>>
File: Mark_VI.jpg (38 KB, 375x576) Image search: [Google]
Mark_VI.jpg
38 KB, 375x576
>>47155375

It was either that or going without a pauldron altogether, landlubber.
>>
I'm not enjoying the Beast series much, but those spoilers from yesterday might have been a highlight.
>>
>>47157089
I've got 2 other knights not built yet, for a total of 4. They'll be loaded with whatever these guys don't have, so I'm not too worried about these particular ones being swappable. Plus if I go the route of magnetizing, I know I'm not gonna finish these guys.
>>
>>47155643
Firstly, they're old as fuck model wise.

But mainly, they ate lots of humanoid creatures and developed that for some reason.

>>47156368
>we'll never have the lewd Daemonettes again

Proxy companies have you covered though.
>>
>>47157156
>proxies

I wish. But I play at a local GW since it's 2 minutes from my house, and their rules will still be bad.

link?
>>
>>47150554
It's worth noting, that the comment on the Facebook post says the opposite.

Q: Can a unit ever attack a model in a challenge?
A: Yes, but only after all other enemy models in that combat have been slain.

Q: If a unit charges a single-character unit and a challenge is issued, do the non-character units still get to attack the single character?
A: Yes.
>>
>>47156470
Yes.
>>
>>47150554
>>47150700
>>47157234
Actually the image is just flat out wrong according to GW. Bodyguards do attack into challenges if they don't have anything to attack; wounds also spill into it as before. Nothing has changed.
>>
>>47156498
Eh, they got some buffs and some nerfs. Buffed in that they jink any blast that scatters on them gliding and can't be hit by scattered blasts at all, nerfed in that they have to be 25% cover and can't vector strike after jinking. I'd call it a net 0 for FMCs.
>>
File: lust.jpg (2 MB, 615x6822) Image search: [Google]
lust.jpg
2 MB, 615x6822
>>47157201
These are the only ones I know of outside of head changes and DP tier stuff.

Look for "Lust Elves Raging Heroes" for more, there are some ace DP/KoS proxies.
>>
Hmmm....

I love Tyranids.

I also love the Imperial Guard.

I also love Imperial Knights.

Ergo, I should go with an IG army with one or two Knights. This saddens me for some reason. I know not why.
>>
>>47157377
Wrong. The correct answer is making a Genestealer cult styled imperial army, complete with a genestealer-piloted knight.
>>
>>47157201
Bog standard daemonettes aren't bad. They have high initiative, and granted they don't die, they WILL hit turn 2 with their extra running, and they'll hit before your opponent, and they will hit a LOT, with rending, so fuck your armour saves, and fuck your light to medium vehicles. With psychic powers you can make more of them and you can increase their ++ saves.
>>
File: IMG_0523.jpg (173 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0523.jpg
173 KB, 1024x768
>>47157377
I'll leave this here
>>
>>47157435
>Knight Titan house infected by genestealer cult
>they get into the Knight Titans to fight the PDF

See, just fluffed it to work.
>>
Take the most overpriced unit (money wise) for your army and change the price to something more reasonable and explain why.
>>
>>47157377
>>47157390
>>47157435
>>47157506

I don't see why there is a need to have an autistic mashup of all those armies.
>>
>>47157529
>it's a GW is the most expensive hobby in the world episode

Bored of this, I'm changing the channel.
>>
>>47157583
Because people want to do it?
>>
>>47157435
>we flood now
Tyranids would become more terrifying if they could do this.
>>
>>47157614
>It's a "I misunderstood the post and made a stupid meme response" post
>>
Do those friendly ork bros have that new updated fandex in PDF format?
>>
>>47157529
The Tyranid Maleceptor and Hive crone.

Crone: £48
Maleceptor: £44

They should be
Crone: £27
Maleceptor: £20

For the Crone he is the only dedicated anti-air unit in the Tyranid army, and all mono-build bitz light generic flier kits should be around 27 quid like the Necron and Delder fliers are, and like the Dakkajet was, until the jews got hold of it in the recent update.

As for the Maleceptor, he is without a shadow of a doubt 100% literally one of the fucking shittiest units in the entire game of 40k. And his brother Toxicrene is pretty garbage too

You should be given a fucking £10 gift voucher for even purchasing him, so failing that he should be dirt cheap compared to the other MCs.

Not like i bought either of these fuckers mind. never will at those prices. even reduced they are over-expensive
>>
>>47157680
>most overpriced unit
>money wise
>change it to something reasonable

By that very definition, the price is 'unreasonable, therefore too much, therefore GW is unnaturally expensive. It isn't.

>2000
>Tactical Marines
>£15

>2016
>Tactical Marines
>£25

>£15 in 2016 is £22.50

Seems a decent price desu.
>>
>>47157722
>jews

and I don't need to read the rest of this post

I'm out, it's turning into "bash GW whilst still liking a product they make". Infinity or Warmahordes are much cheaper ofc, go to them.
>>
File: Workshop Rep.png (199 KB, 680x499) Image search: [Google]
Workshop Rep.png
199 KB, 680x499
>>47157614
>>47157763
>N-no one can ever complain or even joke about GW's prices, s-stop it guys!

Holy fuck nigger you should be on the cover of white dwarf for your efforts here.
>>
>>47157631

"Because I want to" is a valid reason to do something, but it doesn't make it a good reason. It can be applied to serial murders, child molestation, and rape, after all.
>>
>>47157823
It's the same jokes and complaints that have been going on for years, they're pretty stale at this point.
>>
>>47157686

Here you go.
>>47155945
>>
Whatever happened to Chapter Master? Or that new one in C++? Is it still being devved or has it been abandoned?
I'd really like to see a 40k like Chapter Master, sorta sad that the old one isn't being updated anymore.
>>
>>47157826
Why does it bother you so much?
>>
>>47157882
As a new player, prices aren't really that bad if you don't buy from gw
Makin your army is half the hobby, an considering shitty, premade Lego sets are similar in price, pouring your heart and soul into your army has a much bigger appeal
>>
>>47158237
Why does it bother you that it bothers him?

btw it's fucking retarded. I would play against that army, I would just think it's dumb. That's it.

Why do you guys get so assblasted at people saying you have dopey DA tier ideas?
>>
>>47158195
Duke got a C&D because one GW employee who was a fan of the game went full metal retard and told his boss about it. Some dudes on Bay12 work on it, but they haven't told us here anything in months. Probably should go on Bay12 and cheek up on it.
>>
>>47158326
never by direct from GW. Even if straight buy the kit, get it at your FLGS.
GW webstore never give you a discount for ordering direct, and stores do. Most will pass part of the savings on and the rest goes to support the place you game.

Searching ebay is also a thing, but I buy from the flgs unless ebay is giving me at least 20% under the store price after shipping.
>>
Codex: space marines
VS
Codex: chaos daemons?

Rules are no allies from other codexs but suppliments are allowed.
>>
>>47158326
>>47158451
also, the price of the model to quality+quantity of model varies massively.
Scourge kit runs about $25, for 5 nice models with lost of options and extra bits. Blister backs can run you $20 for one model with sometimes only 1-2 options and no extra bits.
>>
>>47157763
Jews ruin everything anon. Don't shill to hard their JIDF.

>>47157722
The Melceptor got a buff in the recent FAQ putting it above the Pyrovore, but it's still bad. Usable now but bad.
>>
>>47156867
>>47156379

Any chance of the newest books getting added to the OP anytime soon?
>>
Hey, quick question, how many points are the:

>Imperial Guard start collecting box

>Space Marine start collecting box

>Tyranid start start collecting box

Without any upgrades, base only, I need to know this, because I feel like buying and painting them, and using them for small point introduction games for new players in my area.
>>
>>47158468

Space Marines are better in general but Daemons can beat them. Daemons get worse once allies are allowed.
>>
>>47158237

It doesn't. Why do you care so much to defend it? Your autism? You were asked for a good reason and you failed to provide one. Why are you still responding if it's not to provide an actual good reason?
>>
>>47158468

Demons win without allies for the most part.
>>
>>47158961
It ain't balanced, that's for sure.

There's a stark power gap between the marines and the other two.
>>
>>47158961
Marines would be 345. 140 for the tactical squad, 125 for the venerable dreadnought, and 90 for a captain.

Can't help you on the other two.
>>
>>47159093
Eh, stock tacticals and a dreadnought aren't exactly at the top of the power curve for marines.

You could fiddle with upgrades to make it a decent matchup.
>>
>>47159095
The captain comes with term armor, so he'd be 120.
>>
>>47158961
265 for the IG one.
150 leman russ
50 for the infantry squad
65 for The Lord commissar
>>
>>47159029
>>47159064
Not even now the daemons can ally in a chaos knight household to give them some actual shooting? Two rapid fire battle cannons and 3 heavy stubbers on such a durable platform for only 400 points sounds like some amazing fire support.
>>
File: 100_1021.jpg (228 KB, 1001x904) Image search: [Google]
100_1021.jpg
228 KB, 1001x904
Has anybody used this guy yet?
Has he kicked ass?
>>
>>47158961
Tyranid is 315
>>
>>47159311
315 points of garbage.
>>
>>47159246
Doesn't the IG one come with a heavy weapon team though? Or does that count as an upgrade?
>>
>>47159308
One. Shot. Weapons.
>>
>>47159343
Oh right, I guess that would make them 275 then.
>>
>>47159308
He killed my bloodthirster with one lucky shot, pretty funny as neither of us payed any points for the models in question.

>>47159388
It's rapid fire.
>>
>>47158372

Wew lad, I was just a passerby wondering why that silly, dumb idea for a gimmick army triggered that dude so hard to compare it to serial murders and child rape. Never change /tg/.

>>47159059
Protip: you don't know what "autism" means and might have it.

Feel free to bang out a shitty reply so you can have the last word. I'm going to bed.
>>
>>47159095
The IG one isn't a Lord Commissar, sadly. Just a normal Oficio Prefectus one.

So subtract 45 points from that.

Of course, you could add the Heavy Weapons team, sponsons to the LR, give camo netting to it as well, and give one of the Guardsmen a special weapon to bring the points up to par.
>>
>>47159306

Culexis Assassins exist.

>muh Knights

You realize Imperials have knights too right. That's why they're called Imperial Knights.
>>
>>47159435
>all that autism
>couldn't just go to bed without having the last word
>>
>>47159509
Yeah but chaos actually has better knights for once.
>>
>>47159093
Hmmm... You're right, I'll probably just get the Tyranids and IG, that way it'll be a bit more balanced that way. And ease up on my wallet.

>>47159095
>375 points.
Alright.

>>47159246
>>47159442
>225 points.
Will definitely fiddle with the upgrades there.

>>47159311
>315 points.
Hmmm... How much point disparity between the IG box and the Tyranid box would you recommend to 'balance' it somewhat?

Alright everyone, what upgrades would you recommend for both the Tyranids and Imperial Guard boxes to make both somewhat viable?
>>
>>47159619
The IG box is stronger than the tyranid one stock, as the leman russ can easily deal with everything there.
>>
>>47159619
Well, I would suggest trying to raise them all up to 400, but I don't know guard well enough to know if that's even feasible. Marines will feel a bit odd if they're the only ones without upgrades, and they might struggle a bit at taking on certain threats.

Plasma guns or similar special weapons on the guard would be helpful. It's strong enough to burn through marine armor, though it won't instant death the warriors.

I'm not sure how many different Leman Russ variants there are, but at this small points level it's going to be a major threat, so you'll want to make sure both of the other armies have ways to deal with it. While a Hive Tyrant could run up and smash it, that'd be tricky to pull off. If you can find a less optimal weapon loadout that's better suited to taking out lighter infantry, that'll help even things out a bit.
>>
ok, at the risk of making some special snowflake shit i want to use the rules for chaos daemons but i dont want to use the models. even though it's not exactly fluffy i'd rather use angelic models that my Grey Knights can use.

so that said, are there any good models i could use like this?
>>
So there's not a separate model / bits for the Tau Iridium battlesuit upgrade?
>>
>>47159749
There is. It's the little raised collar bit in one of the new crisis suit boxes

Literally no one will care whether or not you use it
>>
>>47159744
Stormcast?

If you want something slightly more fluff-friendly, legion of the damned are sort of similar to loyalist daemons in a sense.
>>
>>47159784
ah, that's pretty true isn't it? i'll definitely work in some of their models in that case.

also
>stormcast
brilliant! this would work great. the only question left though is what i might be able to use as a Bloodthirster stand in?
>>
>>47159658
You're right. Though, to be fair, I'll be the one playing the Tyranids most likely, unless someone wants to play them instead of Guard.

>>47159709
I don't know if the guard sprues come with any plasma or melta weapons outisde of the Leman Russ sponsons, but I can check.

I could probably make the Leman Russ into an Exterminator, but I don't know if that'd make it better against the 'nids, as 4 shot twin-linked autocannons seem like they'd be pretty good against them, and I did consider adding the Heavy Bolter sponsons to them, as well as adding the Heavy Weapons team with an autocannon, and a Guardsman with a Flamer, though I feel that it'd make them pretty good at taking out the Tyranids, it would make their point cost much lower than the Tyranids. Though I am unsure if that would really mean anything.

I could make the Hive Tyrant into a Flyrant, which would be the most helpful option that I know of, though I just downloaded the 'Nids Codex, going to see if there's any good upgrade options I could add to them there.
>>
>>47159744

Go third party, IMO.
>>
>>47159849
right but, i'd have no idea what might be some good models for that. 40k is the only table top i really know of or care about
>>
File: hoard16.jpg (91 KB, 330x248) Image search: [Google]
hoard16.jpg
91 KB, 330x248
http://onemonk.com/terra_force.html
http://onemonk.com/chimera_hybrids.html
http://onemonk.com/zeroid_collective.html
Gonna drop this here for whoever wants to have some nice-looking bulk infantry proxies for Guard, 'Nids or Necrons. Not all of the files are free, but still a fair deal cheaper than anything else.
>>
>>47159839
A flyrant would make it powerful, but no one would have an answer for it.
>>
>>47159744
using angelic seeming daemons is cool, but using summoning with GK is not.

GK, and SoB, both draw on the jeudo-christian aesthetic and theme, and while angelic beings and signs show up in those, they aren't a thing that is summoned and bound.

If you want angelic seeming daemons, I'd recommend having those be the forms that the daemon summoners are attracted to and worship/call. Works especially well for Tzeetch of Slaanesh. They see the daemons and divine and beautiful.
>>
>>47159744
Your the guy that wanted Khorne Demons to go around rescuing people, aren't you?

But GK summoning Demons, holy fuck I'd laugh so hard as your army commits mass suicide from perils.
>>
>>47159880
like i said, i know it's not fluffy and is borderling special snowflake but i i like the idea anyway.

but i do like the idea of simply daemons with a deceitful angelic appearance. reminds me of those familiars the 1k sons had before they turned on them
>>
>>47159839
4 shot twin-linked autocannon would be good, but at the same time it wouldn't be as strong as just dropping strength 8 pieplates on their infantry. Autocannons will at least have to chew through the wounds of warriors instead of killing them outright.

I'd suggest against making a Flyrant, since while that is strong, it's the sort of thing that'll make the game very un-fun, since nobody will have the tools to deal with it.

Giving the guardsmen a flamer is probably a bad call, since that combined with all the autocannons means they'll have fewer answers for marines.

I'd try offering alternatives, but I'm really not familiar with guard outside of the most basic stuff.
>>
>>47159904
different guy, and i had meant IG using Psykana Divisions. crossed wires in my head, i've got Grey Knights i want to trade/sell to get the new models
>>
>>47159869
So use google. You have the internet at your fucking disposal, and instead of typing "angel miniature" you bitch on 4chan for someone to hold your hand.
>>
>>47159930
take a Vanquisher if h wants a toned down tank that won't over power the nids. albeit, it'll be almost useless against them but it's still a fun tank to use.

I'd advise against the Exterminator at least, people underestimate those 4 TL shots on a heavy chasis.
>>
>>47159744
prosecuters from age of skubmar
>>
>>47159922
I would feel I should admit that part of my dislike of this idea comes from there being a guy who runs GK with daemon summon spawn allies, and he's the worst.
No fluff behind it, models are the worst form of proxy, and massive douchebag.

That said, I stand by summoning angels not fitting into the aesthetic and themes of GK and SoB. It kinda worked for fantasy/AoS but the gods, magic, etc of that setting have a very different feel than in 40k.
>>
File: 1447814374569.gif (73 KB, 129x150) Image search: [Google]
1447814374569.gif
73 KB, 129x150
>>47159943
>why does anyone ever use these forums to discuss issues, seek suggestions, feedback or even communicate?
jesus christ, the point is i trust you dumb fucks to know some good stuff a simple google search might not have, recommend really nice stuff, against shitty models etc.

instead you want to bitch and moan because someone had the audacity to seek recommendations from peers. i know /tg/ is full of autists but goddamn
>>
So I really like playing with the Infernal Tetrad + Belakor. Playing with an 18 model army at 1850 is awesome.

The other fun part is I get to spend a ton of time on each model. All that said - anyone have any ideas on some 'undivided' nurgling counts-as?
>>
>>47160028
nah it's cool. i came here looking for good models to use because i like to make things work. i do like your idea of guardsmen deceived into worshipping false gods.

oh you know, this is especially fitting. it reminds me of that cult of fire from the Macharius novel
>>
>>47159839
>>47159930
>>47159973
That would probably work a lot better. While it would be one-shotting warriors and wounding the Hive-tyrant reliably, BS 3 means it's only hitting half the time.

It'll feel more like a big tank gun like the Leman russ should have. A big single shot that'll really hurt anything it hits.
>>
>>47160045
i hate you ur anoying
ugggg
urrr
mggggg
HNNGGGG
>>
>>47160092
it can have it's moments but yep should even the odds there rather nicely.
>>
>>47159922

>but i do like the idea of simply daemons with a deceitful angelic appearance.

The first Macharius book deals exactly with that.
>>
soooo.... what the most "special" special snowflake army
>>
>>47160131

Eldar Exodites.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 460x351) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 460x351
>>47160045
Dont come to the 40k general for anything but laughs. I consistently see terrible advice here. Dont attempt any discussion, ask questions, or bother posting content. This general is /b/ with a vague 40k theme. This isnt hyperbole, this is the reality.
>>
>>47160085
The whole imperials getting corrupted into worshipping chaos as a form of the emperor thing is in the fluff. Did it in a 40k rpg game, which included daemon summoning and such, was pretty awesome.

Actually, fluff wise the emperor is worshipped in a ton of different ways and this gets corrupted into chaos and xeno worship.
The 4 armed emperor in the new genestealer cults.
The emperor beneath the waves meantioned in Dark Heresy (also one of many Lovecraft references sprinkled in that game).
>>
>>47159930
Alright, got it. Though, I did say earlier that I'm not going to get the SM box, that can be money going towards paints and other things.

>>47159973
A Vanquisher does sound good, and since it's not Ordinance the sponsons could work on it.

>>47160092
Aye, alright then, Vanquisher it is then!
I've heard that you don't need to glue the cannon in the Leman Russ, so that'll be easier for me if I ever want to expand on the army.

I'll probably make the Tyrant into a Flyrant, just as a counts-as however, because I can't into magnets, and I most definitely want to make a Tyranids army once I can expand on it more.
>>
>>47160045
>>47160178
Eh I've gotten decent advice from here. You just have to treat it like 1d4chan - take it with a fistful of salt and make sure you're not taking advice from just one guy.
>>
>>47160261
>not just take advice from just one guy
that imo was always the big advantage of anon boards. take the salt and the hype so whatever's being discussed isn't always so one sided
>>
>>47160233
I'm still not sure a Flyrant would be the best idea if you wanted to use it for intro games. That said, I'm not sure if you could easily magnetize one to swap between them.
>>
>>47160307
I meant to say if I can't try to magnetize it properly, then I'll just make the model into a Flyrant, but have it counts-as a normal Tyrant.
>>
>>47160332
you nedd large, strong magnets. it can be a real pain, ive done it.
http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=D401-N52
these may work with
http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=D42
in the torso
>>
>>47160465
Hmm... Thinking about it, I think I'll not magnetize these ones, but buy some other kits to try out magnetizing, this way if I screw up it won't matter as much.

But thanks for that, I'll look into those!
>>
>>47160485
if you screw up it's really easly to fix with a bit of green stuff. all you're really doing is drilling out some holes and if it isn't strong enough you can just glue the bitch

but see about grabbing some 1/8th slim nickel plated magnets and try it out on say a single arm with a sword or gun to swap out. i tend to magnetize everything. even a Manticore to Deathstrike
>>
>>47160515
Alright then, I'll try that out, see how it turns out.

For now I'm just going to be looking over both Codexes and see if I can make a list for both, see what you all think of them tomorrow.
>>
>>47160547
if you do, use drillbits of the appropriate size to get the holes you need. i find magnetizing to be some of the easiest and best cusomtizing you can do. can really help when it comes to transporting models. giant wings that take up an assload of space being an example
>>
File: crowzomi.jpg (52 KB, 672x753) Image search: [Google]
crowzomi.jpg
52 KB, 672x753
>Nozomi plays Raven Guard
>>
>>47160600
Sounds good.

Also, does anyone have the rules for the formation that comes with the Tyranids box? I found one for the Guard box, just not the Tyranids box.

It seems pretty nice, 4+ Cover save for infantry within 12" of the Leman Russ.
>>
>>47160178
>40k general is as bad as /b/ meme
you haven't been to /b/ lately have you. It's literally 90% teen porn pics.
>>
>>47160714
I fucking wish. I browse /b/ porn every night and those are treasured and uncommon threads.
>>
How viable is a melee centered Eldar army?
>>
>>47160758
It's literally impossible to make a non-viable Eldar army without purposefully trying.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 600x407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 600x407
>>47160707
Wait, found it.

How would you rate it, as I've never played Tyranids before, actually. Unsure if the special rule is very helpful or not?
>>
>>47160783
My plan was
>10 Wraithblades with axes
> 2-3 Wraithlords with swords
>Single wraithknight with sword
>Mix of Banshees and Scorpions
>An Autarch or two
>Possibly some Deldar allied in for raiders
>>
>>47160819
Remember you cant deploy in those raiders and have to climb aboard now.
>>
>>47160837
Duly noted
>>
>>47160805
Its garbage, there's very little reason to ever choose to deepstrike them.
>>
>>47160819
to give a few points on this, lack of assault vehicles isn't what hurts the melee aspect warriors that much, though I can't speak to the wraithblades.

Banshees run up the field fast, and while they can get whittled down by shots, you can use there spead to possition them pretty well. Also, at the new point cost they are pretty cheap.
Their problem is that their weapon load out and specail abilities run counter to each other.
Powerswords at I5 seems like an marine killer unit. But then -2 leadership, combined with fear and the ability to win the sweeping advance after power of the charge are all negated by ATSKNF.

Scorpions are just plain good, infiltrate them.

Oh, and put a fucking avatar in there. Rage and Furious charge for most of your army is no brainer for a melee army.
>>
File: download_20160504_112939.jpg (116 KB, 856x468) Image search: [Google]
download_20160504_112939.jpg
116 KB, 856x468
>>47160805
WHOA NOT FUCKING GARGOYLES DEEP STRIKING. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. EMPEROR SAVE US ALL. AND DOESN'T SCATTER WITHIN 6" OF FUCKING WARRIORS? DOES GW KNOW ANY LIMITS??
>>
>>47160922
>>47160966
Alright, it's terrible, understood.

Wondering how I should paint the Tyranids. Any suggestions?
>>
>>47161002
Easiest?

Pick a color. Any one color.

Prime them white, paint the carapace that color you choose, if you want paint shit like their sacks and such a green or red, seraphim sepia the white primer.

Done.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 573x793) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 573x793
>>47161002
I have been waiting so long to post this. So. Very. Long.

Paint them as Hive Fleet Ultra, Tyranids who have consumed so much Ultramarines biomass that they have taken their color scheme, and begun following the Codex Astartes.

I feel like an idiot for not saving what the Lore-Anon wrote, however. Was some good stuff, had a few threads about them. Was nice.

Really, I just want to see some 'Nids in Ultramarines colors. For an added bonus, grab an Ultramarines transfer sheet/learn to freehand, and add on all the chapter symbols!
>>
>>47160961
It kind of ironic how banshees now would have perfect for killing necrons before the 7th update.
>>
>>47155216
>huge as fuck

Been there.

If it's not too late, you can try gluing the arms to the torsos 1-2mm "too low" so that, when you apply the pauldrons, they look less retardedly tall and your backpacks might actually fit properly.

HTH
>>
Is the Vulture worth paying the extra money for? I'm thinking of running a Vulture and two Valkyries. This is mostly for air-ground and maybe some air-air against some space marine gunships
>>
>>47161082
God damn it anon stop this madness

[Spoiler]because you are slowly convincing me to try it
>>
>>47161151
What the fuck happened to my other

:^)
>>
>>47161031
Eh, more of a color scheme issue I meant, sorry for not clarifying.

>>47161082
I love this. I love this so much. I'm most definitely going to do this. Wondering why Anon suggested green for the tongue?
>>
>>47161151
Never! I will one day see Ultranids become a thing! Now go do it, anon. Do it for me!

Also, you made the "s" in the spoiler tage a capitol letter, the tag is case-sensitive.
>>
>>47161082
>Macragge Blue
>Calgar Blue
God, how many shades of blue do the Ultras have to put their mark on? It's like they've copyrighted the concept of blue.
>>
>>47161244
Gee, it's almost like their legion shares its name with a shade of blue or something.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.