[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: Ardboyz.jpg (539 KB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Ardboyz.jpg
539 KB, 1536x2000
>resources
pastebin.com/gdEUzB8S

Ardboyz pwnz lightin menz edition

This week pre-order

- Death Battletome - Flesh Eaters Courts - 20 €
- Boîte Crypts Ghouls (20 figurines) - 35 €
- Boîte Terrorgheist (et Dragon-zombie du coup) - 46 €
- Boîte Crypt Flayers / Crypt Horrors (3 figurines) - 37 €
- Boîte King Vlagorescu's Ghoulish Host (31 figurines) - 145 €
- 1 Terrorgheist avec Ghoul King (ou Dragon-zombie et seigneur vampire)
- 1 Varghulf
- 9 Crypt Flayers / Crypt Horrors
- 20 Crypt Ghouls
>>
File: SkavenPlague censer.jpg (237 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
SkavenPlague censer.jpg
237 KB, 1000x665
First for best clan
>>
File: mighty king pepe.jpg (1 MB, 1504x1024) Image search: [Google]
mighty king pepe.jpg
1 MB, 1504x1024
First for the mighty, first for my dad

PRESIDENT KROAK
>>
Tell me about Your Dudes /AoSG/.
>Who or what makes up your army?
>What's the story behind Your Dudes?
>How have you incorporated your WHFB army into AoS?
>>
>>47059642
WE'RE GONNA BUILD A WALL AROUND AZYRHEIM

AND WE'RE GONNA MAKE ARCHAON PAY FOR IT
>>
File: 592252-hero_shok2.jpg (759 KB, 1427x1207) Image search: [Google]
592252-hero_shok2.jpg
759 KB, 1427x1207
>>47059702
Seraphon with am emphasis on Saurus and Old God Tech.

Survivors of the old world, functionally immortal saurus warriors who have been aboard one of the ships travelling the stars exploring realmgates stargate universe-style. Theyve a spawning pool online and some time into their journey a caste of saurus pilots and technicians spawned, allowing them to pilot the ship and activate a lot fo the old god tech floating around.

No slann on board but one of the devices (think the spinning rings on the old arcanodon) functions as a battle platform allowing more saurus to teleport in and casting spells etc.

Lots of tech available in the old style of the WHFB lizardmen. Half-understood stone-based stuff like the kroxigor are giant stone statues (considering wraitguard converted) and im trying to find a way to incorporate a conversion of pic related once I find a good head to use for the lion guy, the rest will be based on the tau battlesuit.

I didn't, I ditched it. I never wanted to play ranked up lizards and I never wanted to play unraked chaos warriors. Problem sorted itself out when AoS was released. I was never super into WHFB, it was cool but I mostly played 40k.
>>
>>47059642
I like that he has a mummified skink.
>>
>>47057600

Does anyone have pictures of the dark souls stormcast?
>>
>>47060067
Fantasy protoss?
>>
>>47060109
More like the Cuotl from Rise of Legends. That image is one of their concept art.
>>
What's the difference between AoS General and the WHFB one?

I'm a shitlord newbie and really don't know, but my assumption is AoS is for a specific timeline while WHFB is in general?
>>
>>47060067
That sounds pretty cool anon, the idea of kroxigor being giant stone statues can make for some awsome conversions. Have you that about converting Tomb King's Ushabti to make them more like pic related?
>>
>>47060246
My idea of the pic related would be for characters, considering it for my slann.

I wanna stick to plastic, fuck finecast, especially oop plastic like the ushabti, though I'll take a look at them for design ideas.
>>
>>47060345
*OOP finecast, not plastic
>>
>>47060222
WHFB is for the WHFB game, not Age of Sigmar. They are two different games.
Despite WHFB being cut, there are still plenty of people who play it, or play the fan made 9th Edition.
>>
>>47060515

Oh, thanks for the information buddy.
>>
>>47058811
Anything that isn't the basic warscrolls, so fluff and formations and we'll put it in the OP.
>>
>>47060642
I'll make an imgur album

No promises on quality
>>
>>47060222
AoS i s progression of the WHFB story that ended with the End Times. Its a new universe with new lore and a new style.

The game is completely different from WHFB but still uses the same models for the most part, anything from WHFB has rules to be played in AoS and new stuff is being released.

AoS rules are free through an app available for smartphones and tablets, or as pdfs from the GW webstore. This includes rules for each unit.
>>
File: StoneKeep.png (1 MB, 904x782) Image search: [Google]
StoneKeep.png
1 MB, 904x782
>>47059702
The BeastBrawl, only composed of Orruk Gore-Gruntas, boar-boys, savage boar boys, , Mournfangs, stonehorne, thundertusks and soon a Maw-Crusha.

As you can see in the theme, they are breeders of the biggest beasts, that was the only way to be sure they used the best beats to ride to battle

I had many ogres, always wanted to make orcs but those 15-20 years old models weren't cutting it, finally able to only choose the model i was interested in.
>>
>>47060823
That's a pretty rocking model your sporting in the pic anon. Are the rest of your models painted the same way?
>>
>>47060823
Damn that looks amazing, I love the base. It looks super realistic.
>>
Reposting from last thread:
what would you all would like to see from an AoS tomb kings and bretonnia? And to add to that, what are some WHFB races that you would like to see get AoSified sub factions similar to the ironjawz for the orcs?
>>
I'm going to get my first army soon and I'm starting out with the Malignant start collecting box.
How many paints will I need and what are some nice colour schemes for them.
Any additions to the army I could make after finishing that box would be nice too.
>>
>>47061478
Go ask that in a FLGS or GW, even if you don't buy there, they can be much more helpful and precise than us, you'll also have visual help and they can guide your choices

>>47061429
Full flying bretonnia is already in the works for Aos.

Tomb kings are... bland. They and bretonnia were the least popular armies by far, the most popular being Vampires/chaos/elfs
>>
>>47061676
>Full flying bretonnia is already in the works for Aos.
Source?
>>
>>47061478
You'll need to decide on how you want to paint them first. Then you decide which primer to use based on that, white or black. Black for darker colours white for lighter.
>>
>>47061676
Yeh source? Nobody has ever said anything like that. There were in fact brett plastics made for a new edition of WHFB that never got released and probably never will be.
>>
>>47060222
Depends.. You like d20 or thaco d&d
>>
File: 20160503_131751.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160503_131751.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
Stormcast Battalions from GA:Order

1/2
>>
>>47061676
Tomb Kings are not even slightly bland.

People need to stop acting like GW fucking an army on rules/updates means there is a problem with its concept.
>>
File: 20160503_131835.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160503_131835.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
2/2
>>
>>47061429
Id like to see them try to break outta the forced four alliances and have two keywords instead of just one.
>>
>>47061816
They were just the most generic army, didn't belong in warhammer they were just "GW Pyramids skeletons"
>>
>>47061953
Even if that was true there is nothing wrong with being generic.

And by that logic 'GW Dracula vampires' don't belong there either.
>>
>>47061808
>>47061826

Rather than uploading all the Battalions individually I have decided to make an imgur album instead

So here's all the Battalions from GA:Order

http://imgur.com/a/nh3os
>>
>>47062081
Thx anon, I will put the link in the next resources pastebin.
>>
File: image.jpg (275 KB, 1438x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275 KB, 1438x1600
>>47060099
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 898x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 898x960
Purple orkz, purple orkz...
>>
>>47062109
Somebody may want to clean them up by retyping them into a template; those photos are not great
>>
>>47062150
Hot damn, that looks pretty badass. Would make for a pretty grimdark Stormhost with one is able to figure out how it could work.
>>47062191
>Purple Orkz
Wot, purple? All I see is a blank picture. Can't possibly be a sneaky git.
>>
>>47062081
Thanks anon, would you mind posting a fullpage image of the seraphon bloodclaw starhost?
>>
>>47062150
funny how little it takes to make a Sigmarine look cool
>>
>>47062294
do it then :)
>>
File: 20160503_143412.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160503_143412.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
>>47062406
If you want a better picture then go buy the book
>>
>>47062970
Kek
>>
>>47062970
Kek crop
>>
>>47060823
at my store someone has painted their ogres almost exactly like that. are you in okc?
>>
>>47062970
Top class photography skillz
>>
>>47061478
Disclaimer: I use GW colors so I can't tell you about other producers' color palette

The standard color scheme for all the ghostly stuff is
>base coat Celestra Grey
>layer/wash with Nihilakh Oxide (color has a weird consistency, just slather it on)
>(optionally: dry-brush with Helion Green to make the next transition less jarring)
>dry-brush whatever White you have on hand
Done.

That will serve you for the Spirit Hosts, most of the Hexwraiths and the spirits on the Mortis Engine

For the Hexwraith riders, this works well:
>Base coat Celestra Grey
>Layer/Wash Nihilakh Oxide
>Shade robes Drakenhof Nightshade (maybe twice)
>dry-brush Hellion Green over the entire rider
>dry-brush only the "bone" with white
>paint all the flames white
>wash with Waywatcher Green
Done.

Gives the robes a nice, dark color and the flames a nice ethereal green

For the Mortis Engine:
>Paint/spray the entire Dais-thingy black
>dry-brush lightly with Leadbelcher except for the stone-floor but including all the bone ornaments (we assume that's part of the metal-work)
>if you overdid it with the dry-brush, shade with Nuln Oil
>dry-brush stone floor with Celestra Grey
>paint the flames the same as the Hexwraiths
This black metal skeleton stuff isn't just hilariously easy, it also looks pretty H.R. Geiger

after that all you need is the Necromancer, pardon me, the CORPSEMASTER, and his book and whatever details you wish to focus on.

Though I would suggest you start with Start Collecting Skeleton Horde because it's much better value and you can also build the Black Knights as Hexwraiths
>>
>>47061688
some wishlister claimed that this was the big announcement last Monday and then was btfo when points were announced instead

May be true after all, but I wouldn't hold my breath..
>>
>>47061808
I'm still hearing the echoes of me laughing my ass off when I opened GA:Order for the first time and saw this. How much did that Battalion cost again when it was webstore-exclusive?
>>
remove sigmarines
>>
>reading the Order thing in my mates house
>notice that Empire and Elves are all listed there

I was told by other friends, admittedly online, they were removed? Why are they there then?
>>
>>47064456
>points announced instead

You what now? Sorry, I'm new to AoS, I'm going off what friends have said. AoS has point values now?
>>
>>47065076

your dumbass 'online' friends were wrong.
>>
>>47064725
They are fine.

Remove Hammers of Sigmar.
>>
>reading Order tome
>look at my Lizardmen
>look at the stats of other units
>realise Lizardmen are fucking terrible

Sigh. When Ironbreakers have 4+ and Saurus Warriors are 5+ you know something went wrong. Fucking Phoenix Guard are 4+.

There is no reason to take Saurus Warriors.
>>
>>47065139
>There is no reason to take Saurus Warriors.

Why don't you try forging a narrative, numbnuts
>>
>>47065139
They could do with another wound.
>>
>>47065095
In June/July we're gonna get (supposedly) optional points but everyone without shit for brains knows that people will insist on the damn points
>>
>>47065139
mass infantry, do you use it?

Lizardmen are mass infantry that's only good in huge numbers and bullshit overpowered monsters

Except for Croxigors and Saurus Guard, those are terrifying
>>
>>47065169

Continue playing with your circle of friends who love playing their narrative games. What's the problem? Point play isn't going to eat up your games, silly. Are you going to start complaining about how grongards and WHFBfags ruined your game next?
>>
File: ChQGi32VEAAJu8s.jpg (69 KB, 600x607) Image search: [Google]
ChQGi32VEAAJu8s.jpg
69 KB, 600x607
>Sigmar Protects!

They are not even subtle anymore.
>>
>>47065169
Optional points? Fucking amazing. That's exactly what I thought GW would do, it made so much more sense for non-kid stuff.
>>
>>47065162
Because fuck you, that's why. They need to be dirt cheap.

>b-b-but they have 3 more Bravery than those Executioners with 3+/3+/2A with a Mortal Wound on 6!

Fuck off. They're neither tough nor powerful.

>>47065166
Or another armour save.

>>47065237
Fuck them. I'll stick with Saurus Guard, Eternity Wardens. So I'll stick with Eternal Constellation. I'll enjoy my 1+ armour save Saurus Guard then.
>>
>>47065239
Nope, but the last FLGS in my area died years before WHFB and now I only have the Warhammer Store to play at which is overrun by uber-competitive assholes who netlist the fuck out of everything they play

I'm serious. One guy here even pulled the "I summon Nagash in a 30 wound game, it's in the rules you can't stop me" bullshit back when Bray Shamans could still summon ANY monster.
>>
>>47065139
Ironbreakers and PG are elites, most armies' grunts have 5+.
>>
>>47065316
Then go "I don't have to play you, it isn't in the rules, you can't stop me" and walk out and tell others not to play him.
>>
>>47065337
That would be a fair thing to say, if they weren't also stupidly powerful. Skinks are 6+ and die to a stiff breeze. Chammy Skinks are only worth it for the "fuck you we go where we want" ability and being able to stick them in a terrain piece to make them 3+, which is irrelevant cause they can't melee for fuck and any decent unit will munch them before they win or scare them out of cover only to die to a fart from a wyvern.
>>
File: AoS9.jpg (164 KB, 800x620) Image search: [Google]
AoS9.jpg
164 KB, 800x620
>>47065242

Was Age of Sigmar ever subtle?

That poster reads like an Imperial propaganda poster too baka famialian
>>
>>47065348
Exactly, but as soon as points are introduced, they have the same justifications they have in 40k ("Hey, I can use as many Knights/Wraithknights/Night Scythes as I have points, stop being a crybaby and play already")

And one of my main draws to AoS was the whole "fuck your competitiveness you self-centered asshole"-mentality
>>
>>47065377
Plastic gryph hounds box when? They're cute.
>>
>>47065445

I'm surprised they don't have packs of them roaming with Stormcast armies like SW have their wolf packs.
>>
>>47065480
>>47065445

How did one anon in these threads put it?
"I just bought a Gryph Hound. It's cool, they come with a free Lord Castellant".

Seriously though, if you want more pets for your Castellant/Beastmaster to play with, consider other monsters. I can totally imagine a small pack of Fenrisian Wolves roaming alongside a Castellant. You could use the Gryph Hound warscroll, they come on the same base size, all peachy.
>>
>>47065242
... They said that in the Empire of WHFB too.
>>
>>47065377
Allegedly the top brass told the design team to put Space Marines into fantasy and the design team did the best they could with a shitty situation.

Because let's be serious here for a second, it could have turned out much, MUCH worse with the Sigmarines. Yeah, same basic fluff, similar aesthetic and similar org charts but at least they have some unique features going for them (derpasauruses, dragons, that whole Lore of Heavens shtick) instead of the design team just going
>and then a rift in space time opened and lo, the Emperor's Space Marines strode into the Old World and there was much rejoicing
>>
>>47065693
OR they could actually make fantasy themed space marines from Blanche's sketches.
While the idea of Stormcast is not bad,what puts me off them is how fat are they.
Seriously compare them to normal space marines,who are already inhumanely thick.
They are almost twice the width
>>
>>47065377

Damn, haven't seen the picture yet, without resizing it the left dude absolutely holds a bolter lmfao
>>
>>47065139
My Plague Monks are - and I use about 80-120 of them every match.
>>
>>47065793
>Seriously compare them to normal space marines,who are already inhumanely thick.
>They are almost twice the width

Little in the middle but they got much back.
>>
File: notspacemarines.png (341 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
notspacemarines.png
341 KB, 600x620
>>47065799

Yeah tell me about it bud
>>
>>47065373

So you're upset because your baseline warriors' scales aren't as strong as the magical metal armor forged by the best mortal smiths in the setting? Should their normal teeth have rend -3 as well? Maybe they need 4 attacks apiece. While you're at it, why don't you just make all Seraphon units objectively better than all other units.
>>
>>47065801
Jesus christ for what reason? I just read their warscroll, monks are absolute trash. Why would you play them in a faction that has storm vermin??
>>
>>47065942
Nurgle and Verminus tags allow for some pretty good synergy.
>>
>>47065942
Where did "forge your narrative" went?
>>
>>47065826
What the hell is wrong with the guy in the front?
Are those upside-down sideways horns on his head? Or some tubes?
>>
>>47065942
Pestilens is all about buffing/debuffing. If you get your combo off you have monks who have 6 attacks, reroll to hit on 4+, wound on 3+ rerollable, every 6 has rend -1 and has a chance of 1/6 to grant an additional mortal wound. They get a 6+ ignore wounds and when slain they can pile in and attack once more before they are removed.

A huge mob of those will get shit done.
>>
>>47065942
Fragile=/=trash

Yes, Plague Monks are fragile as all hell, but if you buff them up (which Pestilens really really can) they become fucking terrifying. As in 6 attacks on the charge per monk, each with a chance of higher Rend and/or inflicting Mortal Wounds on top of normal damage with rerolls out the ass.
Stormvermin on the other hand have great stats initially but very few (stacking) buffs headed their way

If we look at the models though, then yes, Plague Monks look horribly dated compared to Stormvermin
>>
>>47066163
Forgot to add: if one of them die and does their final attacks on a 6+ they explode and cause a mortal wound.
>>
>>47066205
>dated

The knifes are pretty thick, but other than that they still look decent, thanks to being mostly robes.
>>
File: dogbirds.jpg (197 KB, 823x573) Image search: [Google]
dogbirds.jpg
197 KB, 823x573
>>47065590
Actually, I run my two Gryphhounds with my ogres as Sabretusks.
I've been looking for something cool to use as count-as Gryphhounds, preferrably in larger numbers, but I can't really think of anything that would fit the theme of my army (city & tunnel fighting)
I'd love a kit for the cuties, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
>>
>>47066230
and thats amazing. Even when they are not buffed, that makes a difference. Monks exploding in a giant fart inflicted basically more damage than they did by attacking.
>>
>>47065299
If you were gonna run the guards anyways why bitch about the pisslizard infantry?
>>
>>47066027
Tubes, m8.
>>
>>47065139
Saurus Guard are strictly better than Warriors at face value but there's a few differences:

Warriors get bonuses on hit rolls with 20+ and 30+ models
Warriors are summoned in double the number
Warriors fit into certain Battalions

Presumably they will also be much cheaper when the point system comes out
>>
So we don't have scans of the Grand Alliance Order and The Grand Alliance: Death battletomes - is that correct? Any other things we are missing?
>>
>>47068040
Grand Alliance: Chaos
>>
>>47068117
So all Grand Alliance Battletomes are not scanned - got it.

Thanks!
>>
>>47062335
>Would make for a pretty grimdark Stormhost with one is able to figure out how it could work.
Well that's why I was asking - sigmarines are built in the image of Sigmar but Sigmar wasn't a glorious knight, he was a manly conan the barbarian fucker. I'm feeling a stormhost with a grittier look, maybe rugged helmetless heads from Marauders or something for the unit leaders.

Explanation could be that they've been isolated and under siege from several fronts for decades or something
>>
>>47065445
I seen some Wood Elf list that used them, and at first I was thinking "what are they even for?", then I looked up their special rules, and noticed that if you keep them near all your archers, then as soon as anything moves within 10 inches of the Gryph Hound, you will effectively have a turn of free shooting. Which is actually hilarious.

At least I think that's how it works. The rules say "set up within 10 inches", so I assume that means movement as well. If not, it is still a funny way to fuck with armies that rely on summoning.
>>
>>47068459
Perhaps they try to reflect the warrior aspect of Sigmar before he became the God-King? That might tie in the fluff with this Stormhost's background.
>>
Sup /tg, I have an Aos tournament in a few days, but im unsure on partecipate or no.
Reason is simple: it has pure trash rules.
>50 wounds
>only limit is only one named character
>and only one monster
Also, army must be from the same alliance
>there is one nagash
>And 2 archaons
Should I join? my army is pure trash because i play a mix of destruction and nurgle and i can't bring my bnb infantry nor my only big kit(an araknarok spider, wich is pretty shitty anyway).
Should I join or just go there to watch the games? prize money's involved so everyone's super competitive.
(also, they are playing with 40k objective and kill points, wich is even more trashy. Seriously, how could they come up with that?)
>>
>>47068915
It only works for summoning, pseudo-"deep strike", reviving models and the like. It's still by no means a bad ability, but not quite *that* good.
Still, a riot if used for a defensive brick formation, especially one containing the Celestant-Prime.
>>
>>47069691
It is neat that the ability doesn't have a keyword, so it will work with any other model.

Shame Sylvaneth doesn't have much shooting though. I want my Sylvaneth army to basically be "the Forest and it's critters", so I have a Great Eagle to go along with it, and I am not sure what other pure-animal models I can throw in there. The Gryph Hounds fit, but they don't seem like they would really DO anything useful for me.
>>
>>47065419
I only have daemons for fanasty so the lure of those an a few chaos knights is appealing
>>
>>47062191
Why did you just post a picture of a base?
>>
>>47065632
shhhh... don't tell him that, it would defeats the purpose of his argument.
>>
>>47065826
Fine cast garbage
>>
So if the storm casts are fantasy space marines and the Ironjawz are the 40k nobs/ meganobs, what would a faction that is supposed to be the tau look like in AoS?
>>
>>47073123
To expand on this question, what if they tried to give every 40k race a AoS fantasy counterpart?
Im sure they could do some interesting things with the AdMech and tau, while Necrons and Tyranids would be a bit hard to adapt into fantasy
>>
>>47073215
The equivalent for necron could literally just be a TK revamp. I really don't want to think of them making counterparts though because I want the settings to stay as far away as possible despite the shitposting.
>>
>>47065139
>>reading Order tome
>look at my Lizardmen
>look at the stats of other units
>realise Lizardmen are fucking terrible

>didn't realize that Lizardmen are op

You sure you know how to play this game senpai ?
>>
>>47068432
>>47068117
>>47068040

Grand alliance destruction have nothing more than what is free on the app, no exclusive formations.
>>
File: plaguemonksa.jpg (346 KB, 824x498) Image search: [Google]
plaguemonksa.jpg
346 KB, 824x498
>>47066205

You're fighting a losing battle calling the Plague Monks kit "dated".

I totally agree with you but last time I mentioned that in a thread a bunch of faggots threw shitfits.

>Implying we don't need a whole box of plagued Skaven like the few we got in the Clanrat box/Plague Furnace kit
>>
>>47059303
Is Settra here?
>>
>>47074623
Wasn't skaven the beta test for the new method of making plastic molds, thus while newer.. Feels like a model you painted before you got good at it.
>>
>>47075175
Settra was a bitch being stomped by pretty much anything... hopefully he is dead and will never come back.
The bland generic mummy lord of the generic boring & least sold army.
Him being even 1% of Nagash Powerlevel was absurd.
>>
>>47074367
Fell asleep... What I meant was, Lizardmen don't have a 'God' unit like everybody else. Something super duper great. Chaos have Archaon, Glottkin, the Maggoth Knights and Spume, not to mention Greater Daemons and Valkyia and the named Bloodthirster. Sigmarines have Celestant Prime and Stardrakes, which have a SLIGHTLY weaker damage version of Kroaks comet power, but have the amazing buff of it NOT BEING A MAGIC POWER so enjoy not being able to undo it. Undead have Nagash and Mortarchs. Skaven have Verminlords and Thanquol, not to mention OP units such as Abominations and those Rat Ogre gunner things. Also Stormvermin (I swear a BL book called them Spitevermin) and good Nurgle builds with Pestiliens.

Lizardmen have no named guys bar Kroak and Kroak is pathetic compared to Nagash. Slann might be the best non-named mages so far, but they're nothing special.

Even the Dread Saurian is crap. Abominations would give it a run for it's money unless you rolled extremely well. That's also assuming you got off the Serpents Venom buff off (doubles jaw damage on a 6). If the Dread Saurian could be fit into the monster formation and hugged a Slann, then it might be OK, only because running a 2+ that heals 1 wound a turn and D3+1 when it does damage is useful. Shame a fully loaded Hellblaster gun could down it in one if it rolled well. It needs 2 more wounds.

My only hope is it's cheap, but my guess is it won't be, despite basic monsters like Abominations being similar.

Lizardmen as basically Undead now. You summon shit in to win.
>>
>>47075359
Jesus Christ, could you try to bait any harder.
>>
>>47075751
Honestly, I'm not unhappy that we don't have cheesemonger super-unit but solidly reliableworkhorses.
Kroak and Slann aren't Nagash-tier? Awesome, no one bitches about me using them to stave their heads in.
Our monsters are decidedly average? No sweat, just let me summon another two, that should do the trick.
Bullshit enemy units? Let's drop rocks on their heads while they are stuck trying to dislodge a laserdon and its kroxigor bodyguard from cover.
Sure, the way to play lizardmen has changed radically, but I must admit, I love the new style.
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 887x905) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 887x905
Trying to come up with some rules for a Lord-Celestant variant. Any input would be appreciated.

Lord-Celestant with Cyclone Halberd
Move 5"
Wounds 5
Save 3+
Bravery 9

Missile Weapons
Celestial Hammer 12"/A1/4+/4+/R-/D1

Melee Weapons
Cyclone Halberd 2"/A3/3+/3+/R-1/D2

A Lord-Celestant is a single model. It is armed with a Cyclone Halberd and carries a Blazing Ward on its back. Some also carry a Celestial Hammer to hurl at their foes.

Abilities:
Inescapable Vengance
If this model has made a charge move this turn, it can make an additional attack with its Cyclone Halberd in the melee phase.

Blazing Ward
The Blazing Ward emits radiant rays of sunlight that protect the Lord-Celestant from harm. If this model suffers a wound or mortal wound, roll a d6. On a 4+ the wound is ignored.

Command Ability:
Coordinated Strike
If this model uses this ability, pick a enemy Monster or Warmachine within 12" of this model. Until your next hero phase all Stormcast Eternal units within 6" of this model may reroll failed rolls to hit of 1 and failed rolls to wound of 1 when attacking the targeted model.

Keywords:
Order, Human, Stormcast Eternals, Hero, Lord-Celestant

What do you guys think? Too much? The idea was to have the new profile to be roughly on par with the regular celestant on foot. I've also considered using the thunderaxe profile on the mounted version, but I'm not certain that wouldn't be boring.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 1200x657) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 1200x657
Shar'tor the Executioner, a new model for Chaos Dwarves.
He'll be released at Warhammer Fest, but is not an exclusive. The Daemonsmith is just for scale.

Honestly, I don't dislike the guy. He's certainly way better than FW's first AoS model, which was salvaged from the infamously bad Kadai Destroyer prototype.
>>
>>47076458

Too bad Chaos dwarf are literally Garbage tier in AoS.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/warhammer-aos-legion-of-azgorh.pdf

if they were even mid tier i would have consider the model
>>
>>47076366
>Blazing Ward
>The Blazing Ward emits radiant rays of sunlight that protect the Lord-Celestant from harm. If this model suffers a wound or mortal wound, roll a d6. On a 4+ the wound is ignored.

oh look a 4+ invulnerable... So that spammable model got artifact better than Archaon, Nagash, Gordrak, and the Celestian Prime himself.
>>
>>47076526
Unless you're trying to stay very true to the fluff, there's no reason you don't just take this with any other chaos army. It fits in pretty well with the khorne bloodbound and makes for a good shaggoth replacement
>>
>>47076539
So do all Phoenix Guard, many Fyreslayers and a selection of other scrubs.
That said, I agree that 4+ is too strong.
>>
>>47076526
Can something be bad in AoS? I thought you just put stuff in the table and rolled 4+'s at each other.
>>
>>47076458
Chaos Dwarfs made it to AoS?

What surprise.
>>
>>47076539
Probably too much, yeah. I just thought of the Anointed for that.
How about lowering it to a 5+ and making it work only on mortal wounds? He is giving up a fairly substantial shooting attack when compared to the regular LC...
>>
>>47074623
Why are you so bitter that people have different opinions?

And while I agree they look a bit dated their kits are amazing. Lots of little bits to tinker with along 16 gigant rats that you get for free in each box. It is a polar opposite to, let's say, the Witchelf kits. The models look great, but the box is stupidly expensive, there are no bits other than the few options for the other unti type and the mono poses really stand out, as opposed to the monks where you can at least pose the arms freely.
>>
>>47076539
>>47076613
>getting butthurt about a 4+

Thanks to the new FAQ there are a lot worse things out there. Hexwraith with 2-3 mystic shields are literally unkillable, due to them ignoring rend.
>>
>>47076884
Mortal wounds?
>>
>>47060067
> tmw Tzeentch convinced Khorne it would be fun to impersonate some savages' pantheon
>>
>>47076884

>Thanks to the new FAQ there are a lot worse things out there. Hexwraith with 2-3 mystic shields are literally unkillable, due to them ignoring rend.

>there are a lot worse things out

Please name a few other that appeared with the FAQ ?
2-3 mystic shield is a waste of spells, especially on hexwraith.. 2 sigmarine dracoth do tremendously more damage than 10 hexwraith, and buy launching 2-3 mystic shield you are also making them invulnerable to most things (with 1's rerollable)
>>
>>47077012
>You are terrible at the game if you think unkillable unit are new/game changers

Not that guy, but unkillable stuff is terrible for any objective based game -and as far as I understand AoS is just such a game- and usually makes a whole meta evolve around it. Mystic Shield stacking is retarded with unfaillable 1 and literally forces the opponent to spam mortal wounds. That leads to the super fluffy awesome tournament packs that you can see on the GW homepage.
>>
>>47077063
Why are you deleting your posts?
>>
>>47077097
>Mystic Shield stacking is retarded

Due to the nature of AoS core rule, that can be fixed easily. The problem is when will their design team launch AoS 1.1? After matched play?
>>
>>47077097
You know, lying really doesnt help your cause.

The tournament the list played in had no auto passes.
>>
>>47065942
Man you really just don't understand how this game plays do you?
>>
>>47076366
Okay that 4+ ward save? That should probably be changed to 5+ most abilities that do this that I know of are 6+.

Otherwise things look alright off hand.

On a Side note I'd probably change the hammer to 12" A1 4+ |--See Below--|
If this attack hits a unit the hammer bursts into an explosion of holy Azyr energy causing d3 mortal wounds.
>>
>>47076872
>16 giant rats

Really? Fuck I need some of those. Giant Rats are fucking amazing with a packmaster.

30+ rats and a packmaster have 3 auto hitting attacks each that wound on 5+.
>>
>>47075751
They don't have a god unit but they don't need one.

There's only two god units in the game: Archaon & Nagash (Godrakk looks great, not sure he is up to that level though)

Seraphon win by Battleshock and focused fire. I have won SO MANY games just because of the Battleshock phase; if they roll high they have a ton of models flee (love that Stardrake Icon) and if they roll low they have to deal with the Carnosaurs Bloodroar ability and probably lose a ton of models.

Tar pit the enemy monsters/heroes with Saurus then summon a squad of Salamanders to rip them apart.

Their biggest strength is their versatility; they have an answer for everything.
Enemy is fielding lots of casters? Troglodon, Skink Priests, Terradons
Enemy is fielding heavy cavalry? Defensive line of Saurus Guard and a Bastiladon
Enemy is fielding swarms? Stegadon with flame thrower, Kroxigor
Enemy is fielding heavy defensive line? Stegadon, Salamanders, Saurus Knights

You can summon anything any time. You cannot be outplayed at deployment and you can respond to any situation.
>>
>>47076458
Looks more like a Warmahordes model than something GW would produce
>>
>>47077756
Too good for a PP model to be honest.
>>
>>47075965
I do like some of their stuff. I like 1+ armour save Saurus Guard. I like Bastildons (Ark of Sotek is so shit it's pointless). I like Engine of the Gods. I don't like the Flamethrower any more, it's too weak to deal damage and you risk getting in close, but it isn't too bad.

I like chammy skinks, as they're a real fuck YOU unit. But not too powerful people will cry.

I just don't like how a Dracolith can do D6 wounds on a 6. While a Carnosaur only does D3 wounds despite being much bigger. I like how the Solar Gauntlet is a range weapon, but I just feel that uniqueness has gone.

Star-stone mace has gone. Spear of Tlaxana has gone. Hell, even the Gods are gone. Every faction has a 'god' to worship, be it a model or not, while lizardmen don't. They have fleeting mentions to them but no actual God that seems to do anything.

We all know the theory that Sigmar and Sotek were linked in WHFB, but they've taken the link to an extreme now which makes Lizardmen seem like the attack dogs of Sigmar. They made the Slann sleepy as usual and the only bit I like is the fact that even if the Lizardmen 'lose' in fluff, it's all part of a plan or the loss just changes the next stage.
>>
>>47078018
>I don't like the Flamethrower any more, it's too weak to deal damage and you risk getting in close, but it isn't too bad.
It's an anti-swarm tool.
Why would you take a Stegadon if you didn't plan on using the crushing stomp and massive horns?

>We all know the theory that Sigmar and Sotek were linked in WHFB
It is all but confirmed that Dracothian is Sotek
>>
File: 1447923963557.png (51 KB, 1025x840) Image search: [Google]
1447923963557.png
51 KB, 1025x840
>>47078144
>It is all but confirmed that Dracothian is Sotek

You best not be lying nigger.

Also, if that's true, then Dracothian got #rekt by his Chaos Son. That means Sotek is weak as fuck.
>>
File: 1462232040285.png (228 KB, 358x408) Image search: [Google]
1462232040285.png
228 KB, 358x408
>>47076458

>Chaos Dwarves
>>
>>47078424
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>47078494
If I am playing Chaos Dwarves, so that mean my Girlfriend can only play Skinks?
>>
>>47078578
What...? What you on about? Chaos Dwarfs are an army in their own right, with lots of different units. If you want to run a Chaos army with some Chaos Dwarf units, do so.

Your girlfriend can run an entire skink army if she wants, it'll be total shit, but she could do it. Also, why do girls like Lizardmen so much?
>>
>>47078578
myheadisfulloffuck.jpg
>>
>>47078649
It is the "I have chaos and my girlfriend/boyfriend has seraphon" joke played down because Chaos Dwarfs are short, therefore the seraphon must only be short.

It wasn't a good joke.
>>
File: lesweatyguy.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
lesweatyguy.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>47078578
Does that mean my dog can play the new Orruks?
>>
>>47078871
I still don't get it.
>>
Some guy on reddit is trying to gather up all the various small AOS communities

Seems like a good idea

https://www.reddit.com/r/ageofsigmar/comments/4htj5d/the_grand_alliance_age_of_sigmar_community/
>>
>>47079001
Awfully convenient that the website that he is trying to gather them to happens to be his.
>>
I heard points are coming out for AoS, is there evidence of this?
>>
>>47079062
Yes, it was officially announced a week ago

They are coming with the release of the Generals Handbook later this summer
>>
>>47079057
It's Ben Curry, the guy who does the Bad Dice podcast. He was one of the few people invited to GW to test the new point system

So he's not just some shill trying to get page hits, he genuinely wants the AOS community to grow
>>
>>47079081
Thanks anon.
>>
>>47078184
Skaven Pestilens novel says that the Seras are the servants of the Cosmic Serpent. A creature that hunted the Horned Rat since the start of creation.

Dracothian, IIRC, has the Cosmic Serpent as one of his titles. He also gets to command the Slaan as shown in Godbeasts.
>>
>>47078018
>now which makes Lizardmen seem like the attack dogs of Sigmar.

Slaan don't follow Sigmar and Sigmar only dimly knows about their grand plan. There is also the fact that in a GW article it was said that if Chaos is defeated, Sigmar and Slaan might enter into conflict because they would have different ideas how to run the realms.

Only Dragonbro was shown to have a say in what Seras do, and they might take his words as suggestions and not actual orders.

>bit I like is the fact that even if the Lizardmen 'lose' in fluff, it's all part of a plan or the loss just changes the next stage.

That's just a joke by WD. In truth, the Slaan cannot foresaw everything or plan for everything that can happen especially if something is shrouded by magic.

For example, the Slaan in the Skaven Pest book did not see himself getting infected by a plague. The Slaan in Godbeasts literally did not see the axe throw that ended his life. The rest of the Slaan felt pain at his loss. The Slaan in the Ironjawz books finds it near impossible to predict the actions of the Greenskinz. This lead to his loss and perhaps the derailment of his anti-Khorne plans.
>>
>>47079095
I shall put my scepticism aside for now then, but I am not familiar with that podcast (since I don't really listen to any), so you can see why I get suspicious.
>>
>>47078018
>Lizardmen seem like the attack dogs of Sigmar.

Slann will stab Sigmar's without hesitation. In Balance of Power, Slann banish Skarbrand back to home, even sigmarine is fighting there.

>>47079281
>foresaw everything
This is a stupid idea anyway, why Tzeentch cannot win the Grand Game even he can foresee everything?
>>
>>47079604
>why Tzeentch cannot win the Grand Game even he can foresee everything?

Tzeentch is on the same boat as the Slaan. He cannot see the future with 100% accuracy.
>>
I can't wait for the point system, and here's why.

I usually play with my friend who play Death, and I play Order.
He's fairly new to AoS, and I'm not sure if he's autistic or not, since he has a hard time wrapping his head around some rules and converted models.
For an example, I've brought a Black Dragon that I'm converting into a Forest Dragon for my wood elves. He then comes up with something stupid like he then can have Arkhan the Black on a Nightmare steed.
I kindly tell him "No, but you could use him as a necromancer on a steed."
He still dosn't understand why he can't use Arkhan the Black on a Nightmare.

I have a few other converted models to fit the general theme of my Wood Elves. And since he saw what one could do with some simple kitbashing and conversion, he now has more than enough Vampire Lords and a nice number of necromancers.
I on the other hand have a one or two Lords, and one or two Wizards.

Every game we play ends up with me being overwhelmed with Kekwraiths and Morghast that he keeps summoning on "unfair" rolls of 5 or less.

I'm just sick of geting overwhelmed by "special" and "rare" big units and summon spams. So glad for the upcoming point system.
>>
>>47079137
>Command the Slann

What? I've not read Godbeasts, but that fucking sucks. The Slann have the ability to shift Dracothian to get bonuses with their power, but now Slann aren't even their own masters?

Dracothian doesn't even HELP them yet is their God? He's more content giving fucking Star Drakes to Sigmarines?

CUNT.
>>
>>47079281
So, the Slann just plain suck? Great. They can't even come back to life. Nagash dies? Who cares, he's back in a couple of days.

Also, you've spoilered a lot of Godbeasts for me :(
>>
Why don't Saurus ride on Dracoths
>>
>>47079001
>https://www.reddit.com/r/ageofsigmar/comments/4htj5d/the_grand_alliance_age_of_sigmar_community/

Its Ben Curry, hes a major british tournament player, does a lot of the events with the heelanhammer guys and Russ Veal
>>
>>47080571
Because Lizardmen are jobbers for Sigmarines and plain suck in fluff.
>>
>>47080571
Unworthy.
>>
>>47079718
Wait how the fuck are rolls less than a 5 unfair? I dont understand wtf is going on here. It started out like he doesnt understand what conversions are and then it pogressed to him just cheating?
>>
>>47080536
Slann aren't literal gods.

>>47080571
They can't...yet.
Though honestly I wouldnt be suprised, we dont know whats going to happen when seraphon get another pass.
>>
>>47080976
>when seraphon get another pass.
6 years from now?
>>
>>47080985
Or 6 months, or 6 weeks, or 60 years. Depends what number you want to pull out of your ass.
>>
>>47080976
My point is, friend. That the Slann are the 'leaders' of the Lizardmen, yet they die, they're dead. They already lost hundreds when the Old World died, barely any must be alive now, so each death is even more felt. Meaning, either all the Slann have rezzed or they're going to die soon.

Furthermore, every other major 'leader' is either a Daemon, thus can't die, or has some way of returning. Stormcast return anyway. Nagash returns cause he's a God.

Only Orcs seem to have leaders who can actually die and even I'm not sure on that.

I just feel like Slann are just these losers who can't do anything right, don't succeed in anything and aren't noted at all, just like they were in WHFB. I had hoped they'd be more active and people would fear them, but even the start of the fluff has the Skaven going "Stormcast are way worse than Seraphon". So, yeah, Lizardmen are just these things that exist because they were too popular to kick out, yet don't do anything of note or worth.

If only I was able to go out and play in a bunker. There is suppose to be a campaign coming out, global one, where results work towards actually becoming fluff. It'd be the only way I could make Lizardmen not suck. But I'd just go up against netlister WAACfags instead of people who want to have fun.
>>
>>47081082
>That the Slann are the 'leaders' of the Lizardmen, yet they die, they're dead
Except Kroak
He stopped giving a fuck about the cycle of life and death
>>
>>47081131
True, but he's unique in that sense. Until they give us Relic Priest stats, Slann are fucked. Sick of them being these guys who are suppose to be powerful but suck dick at what they do.

>oh they can see 5 moves ahead of Chaos
>don't summon a big enough army to kill an enemy 5 times over

that's what I don't get. Why don't they just summon a huge army? It's not like they need skeletons or zombies to do it. Before you reply, there is a fluff piece where it says one Slann summons a million and marches into some hole.
>>
>>47080976
>Slann aren't literal gods.

They are close to, or at least demigod? In term of fluff, they summon thousands of seraphon with ease; manipulate the realmgates with ease; travel through the void and realms(the only one can do so is Dracoth). In term of game, they are the 2nd best caster in AoS. Slann is powerful.

>>47081131
>Except Kroak
I assume that, dozen of Slann have been ascended like Kroak.
>>
>>47081182
But Kroak is the only one to reach Presidency

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>47081178
>that's what I don't get. Why don't they just summon a huge army? It's not like they need skeletons or zombies to do it. Before you reply, there is a fluff piece where it says one Slann summons a million and marches into some hole.

Because the Slaan battletome says they cannot match the numbers of Chaos so they must choose their battles carefully. They cannot summon as much as they want. They are a hit and run army for the most part.
>>
>>47080571

Hell, why don't orcs... sorry, ''orruks'' ride them?

They even have those goofy oversized tusks that greenskins like so much.

In all honesty they look exactly something an orc would ride to battle, even more so than a boar...
>>
>>47081726
Dracoths must form a bond with their rider. The Stormcast must go on a religious journey and prove himself worthy before he rides one. The connection between rider and mount is a deep and spiritual one.

Orruks? They just beat the shit of their mounts until their mounts grudgingly allow them on. After that it's a continuous struggle for dominance between rider and moment.
>>
>>47081653
And yet, one summons a million. So I ask again, why don't they all summon a million when they know the fight is only going to be again 10,000?
>>
>>47081965
Source on the million thing. Which page?
>>
File: 1456206812298.jpg (145 KB, 429x429) Image search: [Google]
1456206812298.jpg
145 KB, 429x429
>>47081781
>Dracoths must form a bond with their rider. The Stormcast must go on a religious journey and prove himself worthy before he rides one. The connection between rider and mount is a deep and spiritual one.

That's well beyond gay, and I don't mean colourful by that
>>
>>47081965
It takes a lot of power to do that maybe.
>>
>>47082017
Balance of Power, page 15. (wow, look at that, I provided the information, unlike you 99% of the time)

>The million-strong Seraphon host of Lord Ox'totl attacked the Wormroot fortress of Plaguelord Vomitus and his worm-ridden Rotbringers. Though the seraphon crushed one rancid wave of enemies after another, they found themselves caught within the twisted nethergates of the fortress. On the seraphon strove, through one nightmare reality after another, determined to reach the fortress' cankerous heart and sear it clean with purifying celestial flames.

I await your damage control thou.
>>
>>47082018
You never watched "How to Train Your Dragon"?
>>
>>47082018
>That's well beyond gay

If you've never had an animal companion then you're the faggot.
>>
>>47082109
>wow, look at that, I provided the information, unlike you 99% of the time

99% of the greentext lore that get posted here is from me.

And like the other anon said it must be take a lot of power to do that. Not all Slaan are capable of pulling that feat considering all the battles we observe in the fluff.
>>
>>47082164
Prove. It.

Nothing in the fluff supports that claim. So, provide the evidence that it takes a lot of power and not all Slann can do it, or we go on the evidence that they can all do it, since, you know, there is a precedent for the number while yours is simply conjecture at best and lying at worse.

As I said, damage control. I'll laugh myself out.
>>
File: 1452721913060.jpg (14 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1452721913060.jpg
14 KB, 184x184
>>47082164
>>47082229
How about you're both faggots and lets just end that there.
>>
>>47082229
Why didn't the Slaan fighting Archaon, Khul, and the Skaven summon a million strong army to defeat them?

In the case of Archaon, they were fighting an army of thouands.

So

A) Slaan didn't summon million Seras due being unable for whatever reason

B) He did summon a million but the Seras were no match for the Chaos Warriors fighting them

Checkmate.
>>
>>47082263
>Here is proof of thing
>Well that's not my headcanon so it's not true

>>47082335
Argument of Silence. Yawn. Come back when you have actual proof and not logical fallacies, until then, we're done here.
>>
>>47082370
You demanded a reason why the Slaan cannot just summon armies of millions in battles all the time. Me and another anon tried to give answer to this question.

If you don't like anwer, then whatever but the fact remains that the Slaan in most battles do not summon armies of millions. In some battles, they are outnumbered.
>>
DISREGARD LIZARDS

LEARN TO PAINT TZEENTCH
>>
>>47082773
Tzeentchian game when? Tzeentchian crystal princess waifu when?
>>
>>47082885
Soon™.
>>
The Ghouls are getting their own battletome.

This opens up a good question. What other factions do you want to see get their own battletomes?
>>
>>47082885
I'll probably make her the leader of my beastmen brayherd if we really get a hot tzeench waifu sorc.

She'll reward the strongest of the Gor with carnal pleasures.
>>
>>47082992
>strongest
>not the one who is most likely to betray the tribe
>>
>>47082979
Clan Skryre, Anything Aelf, Goblins and probably something for Disposessed.
>>
>>47082992
>inb4 manface
>>
>>47082992
HOT BIRD DICK
>>
File: 1462224866718.png (307 KB, 427x559) Image search: [Google]
1462224866718.png
307 KB, 427x559
>>47082979

Free Guilds. I want to see what they write about (Not)Karl Franz and his (Not)Ghal Maraz.
>>
>>47082885
But the Tzeentchian crystal princess waifu died in the novel
>>
>>47083074
We don't that for sure. The crystals from her shattered armor went up and flew away. She might be alive somehow
>>
>>47083063

lol, hopefully free guild will go the tomb king way
>>
>>47083074
Oh for fucks sake, can't we have a single GW female character that gets shit done for once?
>>
>>47083184
Valkia
>>
>>47083200
The only memorable thing she did was during the endtimes, and even then she impaled herself while taking out some barely known empire general.

Does she have any fluff in AoS?
>>
>>47083259
Yes, she features in the Bloodbound battletome and takes part in a major battle in "Godbeasts".
>>
>>47065113
This fucking this.
>>
>>47083184
Ulrika Magdova Stragov?
>>
>>47083259
>some barely known empire general.
>>
>>47079137
>A creature that hunted the Horned Rat since the start of creation.

No he fucking hasn't. The skaven didn't exist until millennia after the Old Ones left. Sotek only showed up ages after that, when the skinks summoned him up to drive Clan Pestilens out of Lustria.

It's bad enough WHFB got killed for this garbage without AoS shitting up the past fluff as well.
>>
>>47084210
That was just a very flowery way of saying "Rats and Lizards have been fighting in the old world" in the novel. Some kind of PTSD felt by the Verminlord and the other Skaven upon seeing the Seras.

It would make sense for the people in the new world to regard characters of the old world as gods. End times literally was the creation myth for the nine realms, so them thinking of Sotek as a great, rat slaying god isn't that far fetched. That being said the Sera should know better since they were all part of the endtimes and got whisked back to life by the Slann? idk Lizard fluff is fucked up and makes Skaven being able to gnaw to the very bottom of the warp sound reasonable.
>>
>>47083126
It's kinda sad they got rid of them, surely they could have made them webstore exclusive, kept the mold and cast them up as desired. Some of the models are really nice. Oh well, we'll see. Destruction got it's awesome new Orruks, so maybe Death will get the love it needs.
>>
>>47084210
The Skaven didn't exist but the Horned Rat did. Remember that the Realm of Chaos does not function with linear time.

In fact, the "Rise of the Horned Rat" says that the Realm of Ruin (The Horned Rat sub-realm in the Realm of Chaos) is a timeless place.

The Skaven might have been created by the Horned Rat in his image as tools against the servants of his hated enemy.
>>
>>47084392
>Some kind of PTSD felt by the Verminlord

The Verminlord wasn't feeling his own fear. He was feeling the fear of his own god. The Horned Rat is terrified of the Cosmic Serpent.
>>
>>47084437
>Horned Rat

That is Great Horned Rat, you flithy lizard-thing.
>>
>>47084467
Posting related text.

>But no, this was different. He could feel it in the air. Not the storm, which was unpleasant enough, but something else. The sensation of something approaching, something vast and serpentine, slithering down the long trail of years on his tail. Daemons could not, as a rule, feel fear. Fear was for mortal beings, and Skuralanx had never been mortal. He was a facet of something greater, something mightier than any mortal being, and more cunning than any man-thing god. The Horned Rat contained squealing multitudes. And yet… and yet.

>And yet, there it was. That clench of nonexistent muscles, that cold shiver racing from brain to tail, telling him to run, to flee back to the warm and the dark, away from whatever was coming. It was an ancient feeling, reverberating outward from a single moment of pain the origins of which were hidden even from Skuralanx. He thought it must be akin to what a louse might feel, when its host was struck. The part of him that was not just Skuralanx the Cunning, but was a sliver of that elemental malevolence known as the Horned Rat, squealed deep in its lair in the holes between moments. Squealing in fury and something that could only be… fear.

>Fear of an old foe, come anew. Fear of a forgotten enemy, newly recalled.

>The verminlord hunched forward, digging his claws into his perch, and gnashed his teeth. His tail lashed back and forth, causing his perch to sway slightly. In his mind’s eye, he saw the ragged tatters of broken days, and felt the weight of forgotten moments as scaled shapes glided through jungle shadows. He heard the hiss of a fiery rain striking the steps of squat pyramids. He felt the air grow hot, and saw the sky go dark as the moon came apart and was swallowed by a serpent made of stars and… and… and Skuralanx screeched as he tore his claws free and raised them to the sky. The sky, he thought. The sky!
>>
>Even as he fought, Skuralanx felt a hideous, fearful weight settle within him – this confrontation was merely the echo of a million-million other conflicts, raging back to the beginning of time. It had been fought again and again, between the servants of the rat and the serpent. Prey and predator, locked in an unending cycle. No matter how deeply the Horned Rat might dig his burrows into the soft soil of all that was, the serpent inevitably found him. And even as the rat-god feared the Devouring Serpent, so too did those shards of him which were the verminlords fear their opposite numbers.
>>
So I was reading what some anon said in here about Slann can't match Chaos and thought "that makes sense, but i'll go check anyway" thinking it must say something like "Slann can't summon loadsa lizzies". So I flick through it. I literally can't find any lines saying that.

At best I find

>Yet the slann are few when compared to the teeming armies of darkness

To me that says the Slann (why isn't it capitalized?) are few, it doesn't mention the amount they can summon. Have I missed something? That anon misremembered this line or something? I literally can't find any line saying Slann can't summon loads of lizards only that they themselves are not many.
>>
File: Skaven nightmare vision.jpg (130 KB, 756x412) Image search: [Google]
Skaven nightmare vision.jpg
130 KB, 756x412
>>47084624
>>47084695
So not content with making them into good guy daemons who bleed stardust and piss rainbows these fucks also cause fear in the hearts of Daemons?

TOP FLUFF GW. Why did they turn relatively simple Aztec inspired lizardfolk into such Mary-sues? Does the next book involve a lone Skink beheading Nagash with a javelin or some shit?

>Fantasy died for this shit
>>
>>47084767
>Mary Sues

Lol. Top kek. These guys are so anti-Mary Sue that you MUST be shitposting. Go read their ACTUAL fluff, not the shit that Carnac copy and pasted.
>>
>>47084721
Yep, misremembered that bit. But the general idea is still grounded. The Slaan are few while the daemons of cause have millions of Greater daemons and daemonic sorcerers capable of summoning legions of daemons from the Realm of Chaos.
>>
File: 1460372924840.png (41 KB, 655x951) Image search: [Google]
1460372924840.png
41 KB, 655x951
>>47084767
>>Fantasy died for this shit

Right on bro! I mean, WHFB was amazing seller even 2 years before AoS came out!

Oh.
SHIT.
NO!

DON'T LOOK AT THIS PICTURE!

NO

NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO REEEEEEEEE WHFB OUTSOLD 40K REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>47084837
They are pretty mary sue-ish. I am surprised that GW allowed them to job a bit in recent books.
>>
>>47077445
Wouldn't a Mortal Wound shot be way too good? The regular Celestant has a ranged attack that is barely better, but lacks the save-after-a-safe.
>>
>>47084837
>the fluff that makes them mary sues doesn't count don't read it

lizzy pls.
>>
>>47084859
Don't counter shitposts with shtpost. It encourages more shitposts.
>>
File: Not okay.jpg (83 KB, 679x657) Image search: [Google]
Not okay.jpg
83 KB, 679x657
>>47084859
Calm down you sperglord, you think i give a shit about sales? i don't suck GW dick nearly enough to care what's making money and what isn't

My concern is that a good game died to be replaced with an inferior product. If AoS was written well I'd be happy for it to flourish. Take your sales memes and autism elsewhere.
>>
...and there goes what was a fairly nice thread. Shame.
>>
>>47084868
Not really. Most of the time the Slann did anything of note, nobody gave a shit. Oh, wow, they stopped Skarbrand killing whatsherface. Great. Yet every single Lizardmen died bar the Slann. Or the Lizardmen in Call of Chaos getting owned by Slaaneshi Daemons weakened by multiple battles already. Or hell, even in Beneath the Black Thumb where they're fucking owned by Nurgle and even the Skaven go "The Stormcast are even worse than the Lizardmen" and only Kroak appearing and nuking the place allowed the Lizardmen to 'win'. Or how about the Slann having to leg it after Archaon charges him after soloing his army? Or loads of other events where they got either pyrrhic victories or lost.

Lizardmen have no actual victories of any merit where they've fucked shit over.
>>
>>47059303
anyone know when we will get info on the new ogres?

iam wondering i should start putting my new guys on round bases or just keep playing 9th
>>
>>47084859
I'm impressed how well starwars does considering you don't need to buy anywhere near as much shit to play it, I mean, there's still crazy people who buy a lot but they don't expect you to buy as much shit as people like GW
>>
>>47084969
>why is a profit driven business caring about it's profits?????? :((((

Top kekeles. Keep playing WHFB, how does it fucking affect you? Lizardmen look exactly the same and have the same fucking fluff. They still follow a plan, they're still sleepy and barely work together, they still are based around astrology and they're still powerful mages. There is nothing different about them. Chaos, Skaven and Lizardmen are the only factions who shouldn't be complaining about the change, since nothing did bar the name for Lizardmen.
>>
>>47084969
Two groups of Stormcast killed literally billions of Skaven in one battle.

Truefax.

>Amidst the moss-grown ruins and foetid swamps of the Scabrous Sprawl, the war ground on and on. Mired in mud and gore, shaken by seismic stirrings of the land beneath, the combatants tore at one another. Billions of skaven died beneath the hammers and bolts of the Knights Excelsior and the Celestial Vindicators, but always new generations poured from the breeding decks of the parasite engines

>Whole Stormhosts were slain to the last by the terrible warp weapons of their skaven enemies. So long did the fighting rage that more Strike Chambers flashed down to join the war, some amongst them those who had fallen on the Sprawl and been Reforged. Those warriors fought harder than any, their hatred of the ratmen leaping from their eyes as sparks of lightning.

This is badass epic fluff you wouldn't see in WHFB.
>>
>>47084989
No rumors on new stuff for ogres at this point in time. Grand Alliance Destruction just came out, so it seems fairly unlikely there'll be too much in the immideate future, either.
>>
>>47084969
I thought the Clan Pestilens book was fairly well written, the rules were interesting and the battleplans fun to play.

Just don't argue with the Lizard-Fanboys or is it just one? in these threads who are completely obsessing over their Mary Sues and don't want to accept that their fluff is borderline retarded.
>>
>>47085033
Christ we know you read the books, stop being so OCD about every bit of background as soon as someone dares to disagree with your opinion. Thread was going fine until you decided to shit everything up.
>>
>>47084721
>Have I missed something?

Common sense. If they could literally just summon infinite armies then they would, obviously since they lose and have to pick their fights there must be a limit on what they can do at any given time.
>>
File: Skellyacceptance.jpg (206 KB, 960x820) Image search: [Google]
Skellyacceptance.jpg
206 KB, 960x820
>>47085033
>badass epic fluff

Or 40k-tier garbage for children

I'm sorry i enjoy a world that actually had/has stakes. If a million-billion warriors from any faction can die in one battle and it means jack shit then that's simply a lame setting. No reason to care if the writers don't
>>
>>47085155
Shhh....I am busy poking the Skaven fanboy.
>>
File: 1405088013645.jpg (16 KB, 200x231) Image search: [Google]
1405088013645.jpg
16 KB, 200x231
>>47085033

Reminds me of movies like Revenge of the Sith or Pirates of the Caribbean sequels where they have these long drawn out over the top fights that just end up being boring and less exciting than if two people swung (normal sized) swords at each other with emotion instead. zzzzzz
>>
>>47085175
The English Language is very precise, anon. I mentioned saying they couldn't summon a lot. Not that they could summon infinite armies. Nowhere does it say they have to pick their fights. Nor does it say anything about them having an upper limit.

Feel free to point out the line, page and book that you're stating this as facts from.
>>
>>47085193
You think this is any different to WHFB?

>stakes

Oh, you're an 8th babby? What a surprise.

Protip. Since 3rd, Chaos has been destined to win. Literally the only thing the other factions were doing was delaying. It's been like that for longer than you've been alive.
>>
>>47085193

I don't think I would say the writers don't care but just that they are overcompensating because there is no depth at all to explore.
>>
>>47085207
>>47085193
>replying to the shitposter that is Carnac

>>47085155
Why do you reply to him? I hope one day enough people on /tg/ will complain and he gets IP banned.
>>
>>47085213
You sure about that?

>Yet the slann are few when compared to the teeming armies of darkness. Chaos has grown powerful during an age of blood, and the seraphon must choose their battles wisely. But with the rising storm, the seraphon now have allies to their cause. At last, there is a chance to turn back the tide
>>
>>47085255

I thought Carnac liked AoS... that post felt like something a shitposter would sarcastically post about AoS...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.