[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: World_of_Darkness_Logo.png (389 KB, 1356x516) Image search: [Google]
World_of_Darkness_Logo.png
389 KB, 1356x516
>mage 2e announcement

http://theonyxpath.com/may-the-fourth-be-with-you-mage-the-awakening/

>Previous Thread: >>47005144
>Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/mByuG93b

>question
Whats your favorite bloodline, clan, tribe,covenant, etc...
>>
>>47029472
>Whats your favorite bloodline, clan, tribe,covenant
Too many cool bloodlines to pick tbqh and some of my favorite ones are too gimmicky to play. Like the Nosferatu who just sits in his domain all day and mystically controls the facility.
>Clan
Depends what version
>Covenant
Invictus all day every day.

>>47029452
The Sabbat are refreshing
>Yeah were vampires so what?
But yeah the Sanctum are basically just the Serial Killer from Seven which makes them very hard to play especially in mixed groups who either have high humanity or just dont want to deal with this religious nutjobs bullshit.
>>
How do the Orders find and recruit new mages? Is it as simple as a Fate/Space spell aimed at locating the freshly Awakened, or is everyone just stuck waiting until the newbies unleash some nasty Paradox.
>>
BEAST BACKERS HAVE MAGE 2E NOW

LEAK WHEN

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Foggy Main street.jpg (169 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Foggy Main street.jpg
169 KB, 720x480
cant decide between Gangrel and Mekhet which is the most excellent guys?
>>
>>47029602
more than half awakenings occur under gotl supervision
a lot more are proximi
fate and oracle shit is left up to the seers
>>
>>47029628
Gangrel hands down
>>
>>47029586

I think everyone's problem with the Lance and Circle is that they immediately default to the most radical stereotypes. Not every Sanctified is a screeching unholy bishop calling for revelation and gutting all the fornicators in the streets, just the same as every Carthian isn't spending every waking moment firebombing places in an Anon mask. You can very easily play a Sanctified in a mixed group and simply keep your beliefs to yourself, either never acting on them or only doing so on your own time.
>>
>>47029649
What elevates Gangrel to such excellence kind sir?
>>
>>47029577
>But I don't like this because it implies that technology is bad. While also putting the Moon Landing as being the reason the Dreaming opened up again.
But the moon landing was thought to be impossible and it was a history making and almost magical event. Technology today is insane yes.
Like I can have a fucking computer in my hand that can let me instantaneously contact and talk with people all over the planet by sending information flying through the air. Thats fucking crazy right? But at a time thats how people looked at fire or the steam engine. After a while these magical inventions become mundane.
>>
>>47029704
They are tougher, do more damage and can still just be as effective scouts and spies.
>>
>>47029776
Nice thanks for the input guy!
>>
>>47029410
Jeanette a cringey sexist cartoon character hyperslut. Therese is a ballbuster sexy librarian dominatrix. Their backstory is rape. And they're the same person, so wacky!
Everyone loves the Malkavians in that game, but they're the exact kind of fishmalk no one would want at their table. It doesn't help that she's portrayed as completely incompetent.
>>47029377
I *did* have the patch. And I hated the Tzimisce stuff. The house was fine, but the Warrens was a boring tedious slog that everyone said is where the game goes down hill. I pushed through it with my super sneaky character and avoided the fights and then I realized the game had so much further to fall and by the time I was dealing with the Brotherhood of Leopold I just cheated to give myself godmode. By the time it came to dungeon crawl through the Hollowbrook Hotel and LaCroix' tower, I was noclipping through the walls.

>>47029475
Lancae et Sanctum are Beasts, prove me wrong.

>>47029540
That's not what I said. I said that the Lance are all about doing things that would cause Humanity loss.
>>
>>47029628

Gangrel are really fucking hard to kill and can easily become combat monsters. Mekhet are sneaky bastards who see everything.

It's a matter of whether you want to play the brawn or the brains, really.
>>
>>47029841
They have more of a chance of flipping out and murdering the shit outta everything though right?
>>
>>47029822
>Lancae et Sanctum are Beasts, prove me wrong.
They're not overpowered, don't have a horror, can't go out in the sun, nobody likes them except the God Machine

Beasts and L&s don't have to kill, though
>>
According to someone on the OP forums, Playtesters for Mage2e are also getting an early download link

I vaguely remember there being a playtester or two in these threads; either of you wanna confirm/deny, possibly leak?
>>
>>47029886
Not how frenzy works.

Why is it most of the people who talk about Vampire seem to have no idea how it works? How did you guys even know enough about the game to be so wrong?
>>
>>47029822
>Jeanette a cringey sexist cartoon character hyperslut
A lot of rape victims act like this

>Therese is a ballbuster sexy librarian dominatrix
I never got this but ok.

>Their backstory is rape
I dont understand how thats automatically a bad thing.

>And they're the same person, so wacky!
Jeanette was an imaginary friend she used to cope with her fathers sexual abuse with Jeanette being the more warm and outgoing child and therese being the more reserved one. After their embrace these 2 personalities magnified to the point where Jeanette is a nymphomaniac and Therese developed OCD that disdained ANY physical contact with anyone and anything. Its a tragic and well written character I think.

>but they're the exact kind of fishmalk no one would want at their table.
The difference is that Troika are actually good writers and do silly dialogue very well.

>God Mode and No Clip
what a fucking casual.
>>
File: 1368232796029.jpg (15 KB, 420x364) Image search: [Google]
1368232796029.jpg
15 KB, 420x364
>Reading book about Spirits
>Talks about a restaurant being haunted by a spirit of greed
>Eating till you throw up then eat more.
>Misuses the word Vomitorium
>mfw
>>
>>47029603
I backed Beast for this very moment, I give you guys Mage the Second Edition.

https://www.google.com/Onyx-path-publishing-mage-the-awakening-second-edition-pdf-Google-Docs

DaveB I hope you can forgive me, I know how much you loved this game. But it must be shared
>>
>>47029691
No, but the Carthian's beliefs are more reasonable than the Lance's. "This system is corrupt" is pretty understandable. "The gays should be stoned! The gamblers drawn and quartered! You are damned and must punish those as wicked as you once were!" is a bit of a turn off.

The Lance is my least favourite Covenant. The Carthians are my favourite, but the Crone a close second because even the worship of the Mother of Monsters doesn't have to be as antagonistic as the Lance's doctrine.
>>
>>47030187

Error. Not found on server.
>>
>>47030237
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/200/Mage-The-awakening-Second-Edition%3Fit%3D1&ved=0ahUKEwi9hfu-m7rMAhUJ32MKHQ3AApYQFgghMAI&usg=AFQjCNEfnemPzjzFnoSJOrHOr9cbX91K3A&sig2=cyNGG6x4lq_mJ--WOcgEEg
>>
>>47029912
The Beast=Horror.
You're a monster who decides your monster-rebirth must serve the purpose of terrifying others and teaching them through fear.

>>47030000
That their backstory is rape is a bad thing because no, that's not how actual rape victims act, because no one in VtMB acts like an actual human being. I know what their backstory is. It's a cartoon character. I found her interesting, but never sympathetic, because that's a cheap stereotype of mental illness. Also, how did you not get the sexy dominatrix ballbuster vibe from Therese? She's characterized as the ridiculously hot teacher who wants to smack you with a ruler for thinking those naughty thoughts.
>>
>>47030269

Mage: The Ascension, Second Edition

You've got to be kidding!
>>
>>47025493
What I ment was more powerful endowment. Much like advanced striking looks.

Pretty much what I'm looking for are more powerful conspiracy only ability that requires you to have more dots in status and and some amout in the base endowments.
>>
>>47030386
>because that's a cheap stereotype of mental illness

Person with a mental illness here. I have talked to enough psychiatrists, psychologist, psychotherapists, and god knows what else to safely say you're full of shit. Also

>She's characterized as the ridiculously hot teacher who wants to smack you with a ruler for thinking those naughty thoughts.

Are you serious?
>>
I had a terrible thought the other day. What with Wraith 20 coming out eventually, I may run a Wraith game.

I'm kind of tempted to have the PCs come across Samuel Haight's ashtray and free him.
>>
>>47030386
>because no, that's not how actual rape victims act
there are numerous cases of child abuse victims acting out sexually and in dire circumstances being child molesters themselves

>No one acts like a human being
Because they are not Human they are vampires

>Also, how did you not get the sexy dominatrix ballbuster vibe from Therese? She's characterized as the ridiculously hot teacher who wants to smack you with a ruler for thinking those naughty thoughts.
Hey man whatever your into I wont judge but I did not get that vibe from her at all.

Also >>47030485
What makes you more qualified to talk about mental illness more so then actual mental health doctors or people going through mental health issues?
>>
>>47029602
From what I can remember of 1e, an Awakening is like a shockwave to Supernal Unseen Senses.

A Mage will then approach them (obsession, usually) and either introduce them to the wonders of the Pentacle, or the Seers, or kill them, or steal their soul.

Pentacle usually sends the new recuit to whichever Order would suit him best for training. Nobody wants them to become disillusioned and go Seer or Banisher.
>>
>>47030536
>>47030485
I don't know what mental health professionals would tell you that the cartoon stereotype of Dissociative Identity Disorder that mental health professionals and sufferers have had to deal with for years is accurate.

>Because they are not Human they are vampires
I knew someone would use this excuse. It's a bad excuse.

My problem also isn't the hypersexuality. My problem is that the character exists first and foremost for sex appeal and that everything else is written around that. Every female character in the game is. Half of them barely wear clothing.
Even beyond whether or not the game has justifications or excuses for what it portrays, that's really just a Thermian Argument. The real world reasons--for everything in every fiction ever--are that the author chose for that to happen. And that's what's ultimately criticized here.

But, no, it's not a realistic portrayal of anything. How do I feel more qualified? Because I'm going to trust literally everything I've ever read on the subject over some rando on the internet going "oh I'm totally an expert".

Here's an article that more or less goes over the problems with VtMB (though only some of them)
https://quinnae.com/2011/09/02/im-being-so-sincere-right-now-gaming-as-hyperreality/

It's half of a good game, but that doesn't mean that it's not incredibly flawed.
>>
>Guy becomes a vampire
>Goes around murdering people for petty bullshit
Relevant to the Lance discussion
https://youtu.be/nvUotOuNxiU
>>
>>47030386
>https://www.google.com/Onyx-path-publishing-mage-the-awakening-second-edition-pdf-Google-Docs
Funny, yesterday you said the Beast was an animal, but I guess your understanding depends on how wrong you're trying to be.
>>
>>47030749
Why do you have my fake mage link on their?
>>
>>47030749
What?
The Beast is literally the same kind of gimmick as the Horror.
It's a supernatural demonic force that lives inside of your soul and makes you want to do shitty things. Being atavism turned up to 11 doesn't change that fact. Hell, all of the Hungers from Beast are things that... well, The Beast would want.

Also why the fuck did they make the Crossover game use the same terminology as other games aaaaaaaaa
>>
>>47030749

Still error, not found on server.
>>
>>47030691
Arent you the same person that defends how overly sexual vampires are as predatory entities?
And idk about you but the only 2 females I ever saw sexually was Jeanette because of her rampant flirting and VV because of her occupation.

And as for Jeanette yes at first shes arousing but when you find out the truth it is horrifying and disturbing.
>>
>>47029958
Don't know shit about shit why I am asking boss.
>>
>>47030856
Dude its fake.
>>
>>47030880
>horrifying and disturbing
Speak for yourself
>>
>>47030911

So, is one of Mage playtesters or a Beast backer going to share Mage 2e, or are we actually going to have to wait until Wednesday or later?
>>
>>47030961
>implying anyone on /tg/ likes Beast enough to have backed it
>>
>>47030961
>Are we going to have to wait until the book is out to get it?

Probably. The list of playtesters and Beast backers is a pretty short one, and it wouldn't be too hard to track down a leaker.

Be patient.
>>
>>47030961
You're going to have to wait until later. I haven't claimed mine yet.
>>
>>47030856
... it's not a real link, you idiot.

>>47030880
I never said Vampires were overly sexual. Although, really, yeah, they kind of are, which is why you get art of woman making come hither eyes stained with blood and manly men kneeling against one another in the shower, and punky goths lifting their legs along their Kisser's body as their necks are bitten into.

As for Bloodlines in particular, almost no female character other than Therese is reasonably dressed. Even the literal cannibal is written as if she wants to fuck you. As far as I can recall, there are no male bar patrons you can seduce. Bloodlines is a really problematic game. And I don't just mean from an SJW standpoint, I mean that it's filled with really childish stereotyped writing. Sexuality is everywhere, with streetwalkers on every corner, all of them dressed more whorishly than the most brazen real world prostitute. Almost every character is cartoonish. A lot of the dialogue is honestly bad.

And that's not even touching on the gameplay or the fact that the second half is rushed and the ending makes no sense.

>>47030987
It would be hard to track them down because there's no watermarkings.
>>
>>47031069
>Even the literal cannibal is written as if she wants to fuck you.
What? When?

>>47031069
>Sexuality is everywhere, with streetwalkers on every corner,
They serve an actual gameplay mechanic to refill your blood. And The World Of Darkness is supposed to be a darker representation of the real world.
>Almost every character is Cartoonish
LaCroix,Garry,Isaac,Jack,Bertrum,Ming Xiao and almost every other main character you interact with are written well. The only cartoony characters are the comedy side characters like Tseng from Chinatown

>And that's not even touching on the gameplay
I really like the gameplay

>the fact that the second half is rushed
To an extent but that did not hamper my enjoyment.

>the ending makes no sense
It was pretty fucking clear to me.
>>
>>47029472
>Whats your favorite bloodline, clan, tribe,covenant, etc...

Ventrue Invictus with Ordo powers for vampires. Predator Kings for wolf. Obrimos for Mage.

I'm not really familiar with the other lines. I did like the Anakim from Beast, though.
>>
>>47031069
>. As far as I can recall, there are no male bar patrons you can seduce.
Literally the first character you can seduce in Bloodlines is a rich man on the corner who's gay on the sly.
>>
>>47030000
I always thought Jeanette was her dead sister.
>>
>>47031198
>They serve an actual gameplay mechanic to refill your blood. And The World Of Darkness is supposed to be a darker representation of the real world.
"Darker" doesn't mean "sling bikinis and super crop tops are acceptable to walk around in". Also if you need to use prostitutes to get blood you're shit.

All of the characters you listed are basically cheap stereotypes. Jack and Isaac are about the exception.
I also have no idea how anyone could like that gameplay. The second half straight up says "fuck your character, hope you made a combat monster" and turns a story driven game into a fucking dungeon crawler.

>It was pretty fucking clear to me.
Okay. Explain it to me.
Why did Jack rig the thing with explosives?
Why do Jack and Caine/a Generation 4 Malkavian care about a shitty out of the way hellhole of a Camarilla city?
Why did Jack murder a shitton of people despite the fact that he commonly tells you not to go around doing that?
Why did Jack/Caine go through all the trouble with the Elizabeth Dane?
And about a million other plotholes.

>>47031319
Oh, right. I do remember him. Also he hit Heather with his car.

>>47031356
That would actually explain the portrait. Although their backstory and the portrait don't really fit together in the first place. How they describe their childhood isn't a dour gothic thing.
>>
>>47031356
Its confusing at first but it makes the most sense that it was her imaginary thread or another personality.
>>
>>47031396
> "sling bikinis and super crop tops are acceptable to walk around in".
Do you live in LA, I Do.
I once served a woman that only had a tissue paper thin streat walker dress.
Bikinis and crop top are very excitable in LA.
>>
>>47031396
>Why did Jack rig the thing with explosives?
To kill whatever power-hungry asshole would try to open it.

>Why do Jack and Caine/a Generation 4 Malkavian care about a shitty out of the way hellhole of a Camarilla city?

It's not like the game covers a very long period of time, in-universe. They're only there for a few months at the most. If they're wanderers and met up, well, that happens.

>Why did Jack murder a shitton of people despite the fact that he commonly tells you not to go around doing that?

Because Jack's an elder Brujah that clearly thrives in violent situations, regardless of what he tells a neonate the "proper" attitude is when at his best.

It's just hypocrisy. It's a typical vampire trait.

>Why did Jack/Caine go through all the trouble with the Elizabeth Dane?
What trouble?
>>
>>47031396
>Also if you need to use prostitutes to get blood you're shit.
>Not having high enough Seduction to not have to pay them
Its like you dont even play Toreador. Besides I hardly used them but they are there for a gameplay purpose.

>All of the characters you listed are basically cheap stereotypes
How?

>. The second half straight up says "fuck your character, hope you made a combat monster" and turns a story driven game into a fucking dungeon crawler.
Did you also forget Nines straight up saying you cant use diplomacy all the time and you should learn how to fight? I never had a problem I either stealthed most of the way or fucked shit up with celerity and presence.

>Why did Jack rig the thing with explosives?
Because he knew that the Sarcophagus would lure either the Sabbat or the Camarilla and wanted to kill them

>Why do Jack and Caine/a Generation 4 Malkavian care about a shitty out of the way hellhole of a Camarilla city?
Because Jack fights the Camarilla and REALLY hates Ventrue so naturally he wants to kill LaCroix. Caine is a mystery I admit. He seems to be more of an Easter Egg then a plot point which is fine to me.

>Why did Jack murder a shitton of people despite the fact that he commonly tells you not to go around doing that?
He never says to not kill people just you should not get caught. Jack himself says that he does not care much for humans only that he doesnt go on rampages through the streets because he will get caught and theres no point to it.

>Why did Jack/Caine go through all the trouble with the Elizabeth Dane?
You mean by making it look like it was opened on the inside? To fool LaCroix into thinking there really was an antediluvian in there.
>>
>>47029472
For the big three:

>Clan
Nosferatu

Bloodline
>En

>Covenant
Ordo Dracul

>Auspice
Rahu

>Tribe
Storm Lords

>Lodge
Lodge of the Fury Choir

>Path
Mastigos

>Legacy
Clavicularius

>Order
Free Council
>>
This is what happens when you only watch actual plays or read shitty reviews and don't actually play the damn game.

You didn't learn anything from only reading shitty reviews of rpgs and not knowing anything about them?
>>
>>47031672
Who are you talking to sorry?
>>
>>47030910
You seem to have accidentally stirred up the embers of a spergfest from last thread. There was much arguing about frenzies and the beast.
>>
File: mage the ascension.jpg (60 KB, 960x320) Image search: [Google]
mage the ascension.jpg
60 KB, 960x320
Starting a Mage: the Ascension game and I need ideas on how all the PC's can know each other (up to the players of course, but ideas help). Its in Chicago, modern day, might start at a wedding. Here's what I've got:

>Pragmatic, manipulative Sister of Hippolyta, "High Priestess of PR"

>White-boy urban shaman Dreamspeaker, likes air spirits

>Jedi-peacekeeper Orphan (believes in the Force, also uses Forces), raised in a Jedi monastery

>Ex-Progenitor genengineer, doesn't seem to realize you don't just "walk away" from the Technocracy

I've been thinking maybe they help the ex-Progenitor get away from the Technocracy as the first arc. Like the Technocracy gets tired of trying to bring him back into the fold, so they sic the Center for Disease Control after him. Thoughts?
>>
>>47030961

Don't worry, I gotcha covered: http://pastebin.com/bWFBrB8T
>>
Does anyone know if the Mage orders still use the Alea Draconis names, and whatnot?
>>
>>47031870
>>
>>47031562
>>47031513
Why would Jack care about a tiny out of the way little Camarilla city that he would cause so much trouble? It's like doing 9/11 in Guam because you hate the USA.

On top of that, he murders a ton of people in an attention grabbing, eye catching way. Even the Anarchs would be against that kind of Masquerade breaching bullshit. The ending turns Jack from a great guy with no allegiances and a decent head on his shoulders to a fucking nutcase idiot who blows shit up for no reason. If his plan was to set a trap just to see who'd scrabble for it, it's a meaningless and incompetent trap that serves no purpose and turns the mythic story the game was building to into a weak dribble of a ruined orgasm.

The second half of the game also focuses almost entirely on VtMB's worst gameplay mechanic because it was the easiest to design for in crunch.
>>
>>47031672
Shut up, Suzuka.
>>
>>47032011
>Why would Jack care about a tiny out of the way little Camarilla city that he would cause so much trouble?
Because that's what Jack does. He doesn't put in a ton of effort or time; none of what he does is particularly difficult. He kills some people, spreads a story, and drops some explosives, then sits back for entertainment.

>On top of that, he murders a ton of people in an attention grabbing, eye catching way. Even the Anarchs would be against that kind of Masquerade breaching bullshit.

I never got the impression Jack cared what the Anarchs would be against.
>>
>>47032011
>Why would Jack care about a tiny out of the way little Camarilla city that he would cause so much trouble?
Because he REALLLY fucking hates Ventrue. Like you dont understand how badlyt he hates LaCroix. It also doesnt help that LA has been Anarch territory for a while and now the fucking Cammies think they can just roll in? Nah fuck that shit. Its war man.

>The ending turns Jack from a great guy with no allegiances and a decent head on his shoulders to a fucking nutcase idiot who blows shit up for no reason
He blew up a Camarilla stronghold. In fact when you storm the building you fight your way through an army of Ventrue to get to LaCroix. And if there were humans in there like Jack says sometimes they get caught in the cross fire. Sink or Swim. Jack used to be a pirate and he has never shied away from murder. Now hes a vampire he doesnt even think of them as Human. Hell he compares them to cows at the start of the game.
>>
Fuck oWoD
>>
>>47031633
>Nosferatu
>Ordo Dracul
muhnigga.jpg
>>
>>47032110
Jack also does Mass Embraces all the time just to inconvenience the Camarilla and wasting their time to clean up his mess. Jack is not and was never meant to be a good guy. He fools you in the beginning by acting friendly but really hes using you just like how everyone else in the game uses you.
Vampire has always been about back stabbing politics.
>>
>>47032131

Also fuck Bloodlines, it was a piece of shit "game" and I'm glad Troika closed down
>>
>>47031856

Yeah that works. Having the CDC crash a wedding might be fun.
>>
>>47032110
The entire plan clearly has a ton of effort put into it. It's just a stupid, pointless plan.

>>47032119
It's not about Jack murdering humans, it's the how and why in this ending. Again, he goes to so much trouble to cause chaos in a place that means nothing.

>>47032175
Is this a thing from metaplot or something? Because that makes things even worse.
>>
File: 1367213664993.png (153 KB, 405x405) Image search: [Google]
1367213664993.png
153 KB, 405x405
>>47032131
>>47032190
>being this mad
>>
>>47032190

>talking shit about the studio that made Arcanum

You asking for a boppin'?
>>
>>47032209

>liking vampire shit
>liking masquerade shit at that

>>47032216

If they were so good why did they go bankrupt? Oh right! Because they were shit
>>
>>47032194
Oh snap, that'd be dramatic! Part of me wants to do just a nice, wholesome-ish wedding, but the CDC crashing the joint would be hilarious. Thanks!
>>
>>47032208
>he goes to so much trouble to cause chaos in a place that means nothing.
Because it was fun to fuck with LaCroix and the Camarilla

>Is this a thing from metaplot or something?
Yes

>Because that makes things even worse.
How so? That this vampire pirate might not be that good of a person?
>>
>>47032208
>The entire plan clearly has a ton of effort put into it. It's just a stupid, pointless plan.
No, it really doesn't. There's a story of an ancient sarcophagus. Jack nabs it first, kills some mortals who stand no chance against him, and replaces the mummy with explosives.

That's all of it. That's all Jack did that could be called work, and it took no time at all. Everything else is the REST of the city working against each other.
>>
>>47032234

>If they were so good why did they go bankrupt?

This just in, Palladium has the best RPG system ever, since they're the oldest living RPG company.
>>
>>47032119
lol he's mad because an elder lied to him.
>>
>>47032234
That's not at all how the industry works.

>>47032268
>Because it was fun to fuck with LaCroix and the Camarilla
That's not a very good reason. And no, because this pirate vampire might be at all anything resembling a rational actor.

>>47032285
Dude, it's a giant fucking masquerade breach that had mortals watching. There was also no point when he could have put explosives in it, unless you're telling me that the cops watching the boat missed that when checking the scene.
>>
>>47032845
>Dude, it's a giant fucking masquerade breach that had mortals watching. There was also no point when he could have put explosives in it, unless you're telling me that the cops watching the boat missed that when checking the scene.
There were many times he could have put explosives in, because he's a vampire being assisted by either Caine (who can therefore do anything) or an elder Malkavian (who can therefore still do quite a lot), and vampires have magic powers.
>>
>>47032845
>That's not a very good reason.
If you are an anarch that just lives to fuck with The Camarilla then yeah its a good reason.
>>
>people defending Bloodlines "writing"

lol
>>
>>47032970

What's the point of hanging around in a thread talking about things you don't like? Do you just don't know what to do now that all the quest threads have their own board?
>>
>>47032845
>Pirate
>Vampire
>Expecting it to be rational
Well theres your problem.
>>
>>47032993
It's not like the only thing the thread ever talks about is Bloodlines. There's plenty else to like.

>>47032970
Honestly, I don't actually hate it. A friend who vehemently defends it put it best. The game is schlocky and it knows it. Most of the people in this thread don't seem to realize that.
The ending was also rushed out the door, because of the publisher throwing them under the bus. It's a game that could have been good. Most of the things that people remember about it are the good parts. Santa Monica. The Ocean House. Andrei. Deb of Night.
They don't remember the shitty dungeon crawling level design or the silly writing or the cartoonishness of the game. It makes a lot of the Masquerade stuff palatable, but it's still very much an old school throwback to the cringey things of the original game.
>>
>>47032285
Seriously, besides from getting the explosives he could do that in a couple of hours and the explosives were probably just a phone call away for a guy like him.
>>
>>47033157
When did he put the explosives in the specially sealed coffin that needed a specific key to open?
>>
>>47032845
>rational actor
This is where you fucked up. People in general often aren't rational actors. Hating the Venture and Camarilla is enough of a reason to do it if you're willing to get blood on your hands.
>>
>>47033191
I'm sorry that I just want a story with well written characters for people who do things for reasons other than "lol"
>>
>>47027801

She annoyed me because she is far too crappy at her particular con game for me to buy it. "Oh, woe is me, too gentle to do any of the terrible things I clearly would have no issues doing, if I weren't simply playing the whore-Prince of my scummy little clique."

She is playing you the entire time you interact in Bloodlines, and she may not even live to see the Time of Judgement if that's the best she can do.
>>
>>47033186
At any point before you open it. It's been awhile since I played, but I think at some point if you talk to him he indicates opening it would be a bad idea- so he likely did it before that.

>>47033257
You were already given reasons other than "lol". Your refusal to accept them is on you.
>>
>>47033257
There are reasons given that are consistent with the characters.
Think of it like this.
There is a war between Country A and Country B
Country A wants something really bad so country B decides to use that against them as a trap. in essence that was jacks plan and it worked great.
>>
>>47033265
No doubt she was using me just like everyone else does. That doesnt mean I did not agree with her goals. Yeah get that script to help the Masquerade. Yes kill that Hunter because they were probably going to kill more vampires.
>>
>>47033265
I never felt she was playing me. I felt that she was really needy and just defaulted to poetic bullshit because she's a Toreador. Also, how was she playing the whore-Prince of a scummy little clique? She was basically Isaac's replacement goldfish because Ash was pissed at him.

>>47033273
After the Elizabeth Dane (where it's open) it's closed and taken to the museum. It can't be opened without the key. It was stolen from the Museum and kept in Giovanni hands, and somewhere along the way, Ming Xiao got the key. At no point did Jack have the opportunity to put explosives in the Ankaran Sarcophagus.
The reason I was given amounts to "lol".

>>47033535
Except that the Camarilla at large doesn't give one flying fuck about LA.
>>
>>47033564
>It can't be opened without the key.
Correction: you can't open it without the key. It's a sarcophagus. It can absolutely be opened in many ways, including brute strength. It's also entirely possible Ming Xiao got the key through Jack or his contacts.

Seriously, dude, it's just a box. It is not beyond the ability of a powerful vampire to open a box. It isn't even a magical box.

And no, the reasons you got were not "lol".
>>
>>47033265
>>47033556
I was playing a Nos on my first run so my reaction was "You're not fooling anyone. Just tell me where to find the damn Hunter."
>>
>>47033564
>Except that the Camarilla at large doesn't give one flying fuck about LA.
The Anarchs cared about LA. The game clearly explains that the Camarilla are the new kids on the block and the Anarchs want their turf back.
Its like Germany taking over France. To the germans its just one step closer to their goal of world domination. But to the french? It was a big fucking deal.
>>
>>47033642
i still need to do a nos play through. I do know Obfuscate is OP though
>>
>>47033750
Put your starting discipline dot in it, because Obfuscate 1 is nearly worthless.
>>
>>47033624
I'm pretty sure the giant fuck off huge eight foot tall winged demon bat could open the fucking box if it only took strength to lift the lid. Or even the people who moved the damned thing in the first place. It's clearly locked.

And yes, the reason was that he hates Ventrue/The Camarilla SO much that he went through all this scheming to blow up some tiny out of the way place that the Camarilla don't give a fuck about.

>>47033660
Except that if the plan was to return things to Anarch control, he fucks that up to by causing them a shitload of trouble and nearly getting Nines murdered.
>>
>>47033818
>I'm pretty sure the giant fuck off huge eight foot tall winged demon bat could open the fucking box if it only took strength to lift the lid.
Yes, he could. But he wouldn't, because LaCroix wouldn't let him, and LaCroix believed the sarcaphogus held an ancient super-predator that, if woken (such as by loudly and violently ripping the covering from its personal tomb) would annihilate him.

He was wrong, but his actions make sense when you account for the information he believed.

>And yes, the reason was that he hates Ventrue/The Camarilla SO much that he went through all this scheming to blow up some tiny out of the way place that the Camarilla don't give a fuck about.

He hates Ventrue. He hates Camarilla. He likes violence and anarchy and anti-establishment actions. While traveling, he finds a place where the Camarilla set up shop, disempowering the local Anarchs. So he hunkers down for a bit, looks around, and finds a nice way to fuck with The Man.

It's not complicated, and it isn't "lol".
>>
>>47033799
Animalism is next to useless tbqh untill you get to atleast level 3
Most of the worthwhile disciplines are the buffs like Potence and Celerity.

>>47033818
>nearly getting Nines murdered.
how?
>>
>>47033909
>how
Upsetting the delicate peace between the two factions.
>>
>>47032993

>Implying this thread is about Bloodlines
>Implying this thread is about oWoD

/v/ is the other way
>>
>>47034125

It's a WoD and CofD general, so it's absolutely one of those things, unless the threads get split.
>>
>>47034121
>Upsetting the delicate peace between the two factions.
Like how Nines wanted to do anyway? All the Anarchs were ready to march on LaCroix. Its what the Anarchs do. Jack is an Anarch hero for a reason.
>>
In anticipation of Mage 2e, I have to ask: what Path/Order combo are you most eager to play?

I'm normally more of an Obrimos guy, but an Acanthus Guardian (with a splash of Death) is ,y jam right now.
>>
>>47034677

Planning a Moros/Free Council character. Should be fun!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPNGgjaI1S8 These recordings are fucking god tier. What else has the actor done?
>>
>>47034677
Silver Ladder Obrimos.
>>
>>47034677
I'll be the ST, but one of the NPC's I'm most hyped about is an Obrimos gone death-priest.
A lot of stuff sparked in my head when I read the small mention in Dark Eras that the Bokor is an old Egyptian legacy, recently taken over by voodooists.
So. I'll have a holy death priest. Lots of gold.
>>
>>47034677
I've got an Obrimos/Guardian character I've been wanting to play, though there's also a Mastigos/Mysterium one

It's not really about the path/order combo, though, so much as the character concepts that they fit with.
>>
>>47034677
Been waiting so long to play Mage again, finally get to play my Acanthus Adamantine Arrow character. Get hype
>>
File: Time Squad.jpg (39 KB, 640x669) Image search: [Google]
Time Squad.jpg
39 KB, 640x669
>>47034677
Free Council Acanthus.
I want to run around investigating chronal anomalies and time deviants.
>>
>>47034924
Magic Cops is more of an Adamantine Arrow thing. Or Guardians.
>>
>>47034978
I never said Cops.
>>
>>47031511
Also live in LA. Surprisingly common, actually. ESPECIALLY crop tops.
>>
>>47031856
>>Jedi-peacekeeper Orphan (believes in the Force, also uses Forces), raised in a Jedi monastery

fucking what
>>
can someone give me a round by round (or link to) example of how grappling works.

I'm honestly confused by it.

I've run diceless for about 8 years now but I remember exalted first edition grappling making more sense than nWoD grappling.

are some of the rolls reflexive? it just seems like eats up way more time IRL than any other form of combat.
>>
>>47035546
>Two people are in a fight
>One of them decides to Grapple
>Rolls Str+Brawl, minus the other guy's Defense
>Grapple is initiated on a Success
>If other guy has lower initiative, he loses his turn for the round
>Every round after grapple is initiated, on the higher initiative score's turn, both parties roll Str+Brawl against each other
>Whoever gets more chooses one of the grapple actions to perform
>This goes on indefinitely, until someone uses one of the grapple-ending actions or dies
>All rolls are reflexive, but the actions are Instant, and thus take up the entire turn unless stated otherwise

>it just seems like eats up way more time IRL than any other form of combat.
You mean in game time? This just in: Pinning somebody down or choking them out takes more time than shooting them or stabbing them.
If you mean actual IRL time, yeah, that tends to happen with grappling in every game, because they go heavy on the rules for it. It's easier if everyone is already familiar with the grappling rules, though.
>>
>>47035546
Initiate grapple (normal attack)
If successful, grapple initiated.
If Exceptionally successful, the initiator chooses a move from the list of grappling moves immediately. Successes on initiating roll count as successes.

On subsequent turns, there is a contested Strength + Brawl roll. Winner chooses move.

Repeat.
>>
I need an idea for running Mage. A goal or theme or purpose for the game.
>>
>>47035761
Casting magic spells.
>>
>>47035761
personally, my games run towards the epic side. i've never run a game that lasted less than 2 years. the first game i ever ran was an exalted game that lasted 6 years and involved binding/punching out malfeans

You could have a game of interpersonal relations i guess but why do that when you could break the spine of the Exarchs?
>>
>>47035761
Wait for Mage 2e, read the proposed settings.

That said. Dropping ideas for Core Mysteries would be a good idea.
I, for one, have none.
>>
>>47035849
Who says I don't have 2e?

>>47035843
>You could have a game of interpersonal relations i guess but why do that when you could break the spine of the Exarchs?
Why not both?
>>
>>47035761
Location is mysterious.
Players group together to find out why.
>>
>>47030386
>That their backstory is rape is a bad thing because no, that's not how actual rape victims act, because no one in VtMB acts like an actual human being.

"For example, Barlow (1993) found that rape victims had less sexual satisfaction than control subjects. In support of these findings, Schwartz (1993) reported that some victims exhibit Sexual Compulsivity as a primary symptom of PTSD. These victims are hypersexual and experience bingeing and addiction to sex. Schwartz explains that during the course of development, children who have been sexually abused view the compulsive event as natural sexual behavior. During adulthood, these people are compelled to reenact these behaviors and find them pleasurable but are also ashamed of them. These victims also experience an endorphin release (resulting in a "high") due to the flashbacks that occur when practicing these behaviors, thus perpetuating the addiction. Depersonalization (detachment from ones body) can also result due to the numbing associated with PTSD."

http://www.researchconsultation.com/InformationArticlesonMentalHealthProblems_05.asp

Seems to me like hypersexuality is in fact a way in which actual rape victims act. Moreover dissociation is a not uncommon reaction to PTSD, so her using an alternate turboslut personality to dissociate herself from the sex she craves but feels ashamed of also makes sense.
>>
>The song a Progenitor attempting to begin a Promethean Lineage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gParx165LZU

>>47035888
>Who says I don't have 2e?
The fact that you haven't posted it yet suggests you either don't have it, or you aren't a true fa/tg/uy
>>
File: RyoheiHaseillustration8.jpg (91 KB, 760x485) Image search: [Google]
RyoheiHaseillustration8.jpg
91 KB, 760x485
>This is how I Sin-eater.
>>
>>47035985
I feel like you're jumping on the wrong thing there... The depiction of "Split personality" there is not at all how the actual mental illness works.

And, let's be honest, the hypersexuality exists because sex sells to horny teenage boys who play video games based on tabletop games.
>>
>>47035849
>ideas for core Mysteris

New mages are manifesting the Nimbuses of dead masters and many in the Consilium are spontaenously developing archaic Legacies. Many Sleepers in the area are lapsing into fugue states in which they behave erratically and many experience intrusive thoughts and strange dreams that could be associated with past lives. Ehat does it all mean?
>>
>>47035987
Or I'm irrationally nervous that they'll find out I linked it and I'll get the person who gave it to me in trouble.
>>
>>47036054
That's actually a great Mystery for a Mummy crossover.
Was that the intent?
>>
>>47035761
non-consilium mages have been distributing magic cocaine and psychedelic youtube videos in order to induce awakenings, which they believe to be beneficial to/the sovereign right of sleepers
things go wrong/wacky in many possible ways
>>
>>47036102
>many possible ways
Forcing an Awakening usually creates a Banisher or one of the Mad, and is one of the most heinous crimes in Lex Magicka.
>>
>>47036003
>>
File: YuriShwedoff12.jpg (42 KB, 760x760) Image search: [Google]
YuriShwedoff12.jpg
42 KB, 760x760
>>47036003
>This is how I Thyrsus.
>>
>>47036052
>The depiction of "Split personality" there is not at all how the actual mental illness works.
Its almost as if her mental illness is supernatural in nature.

>And, let's be honest, the hypersexuality exists because sex sells to horny teenage boys who play video games based on tabletop games.

>gets given an actual response with facts and source
>B-b-but muh objectification!
>>
File: I Thyrsus better.jpg (314 KB, 750x543) Image search: [Google]
I Thyrsus better.jpg
314 KB, 750x543
>>47036131
>>
>>47036118
Ooh, I'm stealing this one.
>>
>>47036077

Yup! I also wrote up a Minor Template of guys eho actively dig into the past lives for new skills, and may refine that further into a Hunter group. I really like the kdea of an antagonist for immortals that aren't immortal themselves, and I also really like the vague nature of the soul in Mage.
>>
>>47036181
And have Liches being assholes throughout the entire timeline?
>>
>>47036139
It's almost as if her mental illness is a cartoonish caricature based on stereotypes, which is what I said.

>arguing that because there's in-setting justification for it, it invalidates the real world choices the author made
https://youtu.be/AxV8gAGmbtk
>>
File: Obrimos.png (654 KB, 837x1240) Image search: [Google]
Obrimos.png
654 KB, 837x1240
>tfw no Glorianna art
>>
>>47036214
>It's almost as if her mental illness is a cartoonish caricature based on stereotypes, which is what I said.

Which makes her fit into the setting as a whole.
All the vampires in that game are walking stereotypes.

>>47036384
That's the official Obrimos art?
Hmm. Shouldn't Khonsu be short two fingers? Or is that hidden behind the celestial fire thing?
>>
>>47036411
>All the vampires in that game are walking stereotypes.
It's almost as if people are complaining about the writing of the game or something...
>>
To be fair, I've heard of at least 4 real people with DID who have "slutty" alters after having childhood sexual abuse.

Also, Tzmisce today, Tzimisce tomorrow, Tzimisce forever.
>>
>>47036422
And now I continue on with... And that is fine!
Because if they have to stay true to the setting, they have to be rather shallow stereotypes. Because that's all the Masquerade clans are!
>>
>>47036384

Why is he a nigger?
>>
>>47036443
Because the world has black people.
>>
>>47036443
Yeah. That's pretty bad. He should've been an Arab.
>>
>>47036432
My complaint isn't that disassociation and hypersexuality aren't ever really associated with trauma or sexual assault. My complaint is more that it's a cartoonish depiction of it meant to titillate and arouse more than it is a reasonable character. Tourette exists primarily for her sexuality to be on display for the player/author.
>>
Dave, you lurking the thread?

GodDAMN this introduction is on point.
>>
>>47029472
>Bloodline
I like the Licinii from Requiem for Rome. Norvegi are pretty cool too.
>Clan
Ventrue, hands down.
>Convenant
Invictus. I'm also partial to Lancea et Sanctum.
>Lineage
Frankenstein
>Compact
Loyalists of Thule and Net 0
>Conspiracy
Not a huge fan of those, but Aegis kai Doru are okay. I like Relics.
>Lineage
Frakenstein
>>
>>47036480
Jeanette's sexuality isn't out of line with the typical standards of vampire fiction, esp. WoD.
>>
>>47036469
>YES I AM!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4OYH2Cs7Ms
>>
Wait, Mage is out?

Anyone have The Primordial Feast? 4shared is being a dick about it
>>
>>47036568
My problem isn't even with the fact that she's sexualized, it's that she's written so poorly. Like, I'm not saying she's terrible or anything, and Jeanette is a fun character that's one of the better ones in the game. But it's still not all that great, and certainly not as amazing as everyone defending the game is acting.
>>
>>47036607
>My problem isn't even with the fact that she's sexualized, it's that she's written so poorly.
Eh, tastes differ. I don't think Bloodlines is a masterpiece of characterization, but I enjoyed it.
>>
>>47036593
>Wait, Mage is out?

For Beast backers. Yes.
>>
>>47036636
>Wait, Mage is out?
>For Beast backers. Yes.

I believe playtesters also received early access.

More importantly, why hasn't anyone posted spoilers?

I personally would like to see what Arcana masters are now capable of with the 2e revisions.
>>
>>47036665
>More importantly, why hasn't anyone posted spoilers?

People are selfish and spiteful, they love the smug feeling of having something we desire and withholding it.
>>
>>47036665
>More importantly, why hasn't anyone posted spoilers?

There are some few guys who do that on the forum. Mostly though there is one guy, who has no idea about the setting. That's all we have for now.

But apparently it takes Mind 2 to do a suicide mind control.
>>
>>47036607
All of them were kind of poorly written, but... I feel like you're jumping down her throat specifically.
>>
>>47036679
> People are selfish and spiteful, they love the smug feeling of having something we desire and withholding it.

And now you understand the Exarchs.
>>
>>47036665
People are afraid they'll get caught.
>>
>>47036679

Or, the number of Beast backers and playtesters is actually quite small, and since the books has only been out a matter of hours, the handful of those people who regularly post on /wodg/ have not yet acquired their copies or had a chance to read it themselves, no less spend time posting on the forum.
>>
>>47036718
She's the postergirl, and one of the most overt and obvious characters because she's one of the first major ones.
>>
>>47036726
>People are afraid they'll get caught.

Sharing the whole book is problematic, but posting spoilers and answering questions is entirely legal, expected, and even encouraged as a marketing mechanism.
>>
>>47036752
>problematic
>>/tumblr/
>>
>>47036736
Granted.
>>
>>47036765
>a thing that constitutes a problem or difficulty
I really wish the internet would stop getting triggered so easily.

>>47036752
Watcha wanna know?
>>
>>47036787
>I really wish the internet would stop getting triggered so easily.
People who unironically use the word problematic are, more often than not, twats. It's a useful metric.
>>
>>47036819
I find the same is true over people who flip out over "Tumblr terms" or "Reddit terms". Your tiny confirmation bias filled worldview doesn't mean anything and you shouldn't bitch about things for no reason. Then again, I shouldn't reply to you in the first place, so I guess here's your (You).
>>
File: niggatricity.jpg (60 KB, 720x425) Image search: [Google]
niggatricity.jpg
60 KB, 720x425
>>47036787

Why is the obrimos guy a nigger
>>
>>47036787

How have the Arcana changed, particularly the revisions to Prime and Death?

Just how badass are masters in 2e?
>>
>>47036870
>Your tiny confirmation bias filled worldview doesn't mean anything and you shouldn't bitch about things for no reason.
I'm not the one who was bitching. I'm simply explaining the source of the "triggered" replies. The use of problematic in a social context signals certain beliefs and allegiances that most of the internet loathes.
>>
>>47036872
Why does that bother you?
>>47036916
It signals that a thing constitutes a problem or difficulty. Even the way the 'most' of the internet loathes, it tends to mean things that no one wants to think about.
What's in your hotdog is problematic, even if it's delicious. Or "food".
>>
>>47036787
>Watcha wanna know?
What's the Gnosis requirement for the various Arcana levels?
>>
>>47036937
>What's in your hotdog is problematic, even if it's delicious.
No, it isn't.
>>
>>47036916
>The use of problematic in a social context signals certain beliefs and allegiances that most of the internet loathes.

The earlier anon was afraid of sharing anything from Mage 2e because he thought he would get caught and get in trouble. The other anon correctly indicated that while sharing the book would illegal, and therefore "problematic" if he was caught, offering spoilers and answers questions poses no problems.

The fact that one word, properly used in context, bothers you so much is quite odd.
>>
>>47036872
Because otherwise they'd have a white guy representing might, power, and truth. OPP is too SJW for that.
>>
>>47036962
>The fact that one word, properly used in context, bothers you so much is quite odd.
It doesn't bother me. Again, I'm not the one who bitched. I was replying to a post and explaining why the word gets the responses it does.
>>
>>47036442
as a masquerade fan I resent that notion.
>>
>>47029472
>Whats your favorite bloodline, clan, tribe,covenant, etc...

Giovanni, maybe.

I just like the whole "family, not Camarilla or Sabbat" thing.
And, well... they're Mafia vampires, damnit!

Many players just want to build "cool" characters.
But to role-play a member of a creepy, necromantic family... now that's interesting.
Also Necromancy is a difficult Discipline, and I like challenges (hell, I didn't even mention their clan flaw).
>>
>>47036607
That is completely YOUR opinion. Fine shes shit are you validated yet? I dont care I will like her for my own reasons and you cant make me see it your way.
>>
>>47037023
So do I! Still true though.
>>
>>47037039
>I didn't even mention their Clan Curse

fixed
>>
>>47037039
I feel like the necromancy and all the weird sex stuff is a bit overly edgy for my taste. They should have been just Vampire Mafia...maybe a bit of Lancea Sanctum thrown in their for its weird fucked up version of Catholicism that most Mobsters already have.
>>
>>47033818
>And yes, the reason was that he hates Ventrue/The Camarilla SO much that he went through all this scheming to blow up some tiny out of the way place that the Camarilla don't give a fuck about.
The reason was the cab driver had the plan, told him to do it, and he thought it was funny and agreed.

Caine apparently enjoys fucking with people.
>>
>>47036665
Because we have to wait all of three days?

Who gives a shit at this point? We'll have it before the week is over.
>>
>>47037071
Dammit Caine.
>>
>>47036709
>But apparently it takes Mind 2 to do a suicide mind control.
Forcing anyone to do anything is the Practice of Ruling, so that makes sense. Might take some Reach to make them do something that goes fundamentally against strongly-ingrained survival instincts, though.
>>
>>47037061

The revised Giovanni are not just "degenerated Mafia" - they do their weird stuff to bypass the Shroud, so they can communicate with / control wraiths easier.
>>
>>47037099
Yep. Two levels.
>>
>>47036960
Yes it is. That was literally the point of Upton Sinclair's The Jungle.
Well, it was about how shitty it is to work in a meatpacking plant, but everyone cares about what's in the food, nobody cares about the workers (unless they end up in the food).

The fact that modern food is processed and treated with chemical additives and flavouring, and that even with labeling, most people have no idea what's going on with what they eat and the knowledge of how good (or bad) something is for you is deliberately obscured? That's problematic.

Kind of a good metaphor for Mage, come to think of it. You know the Truth, and how terrible the world really is. You try to tell people and show them, but they don't believe you and hate you for it. Hot dogs, Walmart, sexism, racism, classism, political corruption, corporate media, shady charities, political unrest, engagement rings, porn, the publishing industry, shell corporations... No one wants to admit when something is problematic because it would mean acknowledging such things. Plus, I was just eating hotdogs and wanted to use them as an example. They're the ultimate metaphor for not peeking behind the curtain because most people are turned off by the fact that they're ground up bits and pieces. It was even worse during Upton Sinclair's day, but there's a reason the old saying goes "if you like sausage don't learn how it's made". Wholesome things can have sinister or just gross truths.
>>
>>47037071
>>47037095

I think One World of Darkness will help us understand Caine's goals and his real personality.

I heard the new Vampire's setting is going to be a post-Gehenna world (but not a post-apocalyptic one).
>>
I just got around to looking at this >>47031870
You're funny. I like it.
>>
>You loved that car: a 1970 Chevelle 454 SS. Like new wasn’t good enough; you made it better than new, machining the parts yourself until you could practically see a Detroit line worker’s handprint fading in the door. But you loved to drink too, and killed a twelve-pack and took your baby for a spin. Horns. Lights. Something tore your car apart and they put it back together wrong. You can’t get out. You won’t get out, even when that asshole brother of your drives it like he owns it, and refuses to even acknowledge your goddamn presence. You kicked his ass right out of the driver’s seat. That’s when he got the new mechanic. You were going to toss this fucker too but he nodded at you and said, “Don’t worry. I’ll fix it up just right.” Every time you try to help him he slaps your hand out of the way. But you’ve got to admit that he brings perfect parts every time. When he finishes, maybe it’ll be time to let your brother drive and move on to something new. Maybe that’s why your brother’s crying. You’ll have to ask the mechanic. He listens.
I'm only crying a little.
>>
>>47037372
I don not understand this at all..
>>
>>47037391
"You" died. The blurb is from the perspective of a ghost haunting a car.
>>
>>47037391
Ghost story I guess.
>>
So I am reading Book Of Spirits and its mentioned taking expeditions into the Shadow realm. Going so long to the point where you need to eat and sleep. Isnt that SUPER bad for you? I would not want to be there for more then a few minutes.

>>47037391
>>47037397

The guy died and his brother is restoring his old car and cries everytime he drives it
>>
Fighting style merits for NPCs: good idea or not?
>>
>>47037410
Depends. Are they supposed to be hard combat encounters? Would not hurt to make them a bit tougher
>>
>>47037405
>So I am reading Book Of Spirits and its mentioned taking expeditions into the Shadow realm. Going so long to the point where you need to eat and sleep. Isnt that SUPER bad for you? I would not want to be there for more then a few minutes.

Hey, there's lots of cool shit in the Shadow. Depends how badly you want it
>>
>>47037405
>Avoiding hidden knowledge and power because it's "bad for you"
Get a load of this Sleeper.
>>
>>47037410

If they warrant it; I wouldn't bother for any NPC I'm not giving a name. Even special NPCs I'd have to ask myself "do I want them to be a particularly interesting/dangerous fight if it comes to that, or no?"
>>
>>47037417
>>47037419

i mean if your a Mage or a Werewolf its kind of your whole deal and your way more able to deal with whatever is there, but the book was mostly for normal human characters.
>>
Info about Mage 2e book: As thick as Forsaken 2e. 332 pages. A lot thinner than 1e.
>>
Surprised none of the backers have posted a copy yet, besides the troll 404.
>>
>>47037431
Hunters gonna Hunt.

Also I meant humans, all kinds of magic shit in the shadow you could use. Library "young adult" section accidentally has a real book of occult maps and histories, shows you where a tree that grows gold and silver leaves, might be worth a punt if you're struggling to pay rent.
>>
Would the character sung about in Bat Out Of Hell make a good geist?
>>
>>47037553
Sure. But what makes him special? Tons of people kill themselves by driving too fast.
>>
>>47037476
did they stream the rotelist/example spells, that took up a hell of a lot of space in 1e
>>
>>47037612
Meatloaf, man. Meatloaf.
>>
>>47037553
>>47037771

Alternate joke: Well his name was Robert Paulson
>>
>>47037771
So? It's about a guy dating a girl, and killing himself driving home from a booty call.
It's a helluva good song, but not one to base a deep character on.
>>
>>47037405
>taking expeditions into the Shadow realm
>There will never be a Mummy artifact that pulls Spirits from the shadow to do battle for you.
>There will never be a means to use this while riding a motorbike due to it being huge and unwieldy as anything.
Feels bad man.
>>
I just realized that a Mastigos with Matter could make the perfect Swiss Army Knife.
>>
>>47036665
High Arcana 3 dots at Gnosis 1, four dots at Gnosis 3, and five dots at Gnosis 5. Other Arcana 2 dots at Gnosis 1, 3 dots at Gnosis 2, 4 dots at Gnosis 4, and 5 dots at Gnosis 6.

Rotes are 1 normal xp, Gnosis is 5 arcane or normal.
>>
Merits are relatively good. One of them is called Between the Ticks (cost 2), which allows you to subtract 1 die from initiative and add to your action, or subtract one from your action and add to your initiative, once per scene.

Destiny (1-5) allows you to declare a rote action for a mundane type action for each dot you have per story. Or you could choose to reroll after seeing a result. You can choose to spend a willpower to allow you to use the rote or reroll action for spellcasting. If that sounds powerful its because it has a drawback: Doom. Basically the storyteller can potentially and justifiably (thanks to this merit) kill your character or make you suffer crippling conditions, the Destine one can try to willpower out of it, but is only given 2 extra dice instead of three.
>>
>>47037787
As personified by a popular artist. It could be a geist of "suicide by car" rock. It was a whole sub-section of rock for a while in the 50's and early 60's.
>>
>>47038015
If you have the pdf, post it
>>
>>47038977
Anon's just copy-pasting the guy who's talking about it on the OPP boards.
>>
>>47037758
Rotes no longer get a full writeup. There's one "suggested Rote skills" line in the spell writeup.
>>
>>47038999
So can you really just use one rote skill for everything?
Seems a bit stupid.
>>
>>47039218

You always could, if it made sense for the spell. The rotes in the book were never the only possible rote, and several times it was explicitly mentioned that another Order had a similar rote, just based on one of their specialty-skills instead.
>>
>>47039218
Well. If you can figure out how a skill thematically fits onto every single rote you want, then go ahead.
Also, please explain to me how you intend to do that.
>>
>>47039249
I AM PUNCH MAGE
I CAST FIST
>>
>>47039249
Not him, but the obvious answer is Occult.
All magic is mysterious and weird, and thus all magic, from Unveiling to Making can be fitted inside that skill with little to no problem.
>>
>>47039264

Enjoy being bound to Sleeper occultism for all your rotes, then.

It wouldn't even take effort, the ST could just point out there's no full moon tonight so half your rotes turn off.
>>
>>47039263
This gives me an utterly hilarious mental image of someone casting Augment the Mind with Brawl by pummelling their own head until they get smarter.
>>
File: l33t [email protected] (4 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
l33t h@xx0rz.gif
4 MB, 356x200
>>47039249
Computer.
>>
Did they get rid of the Path Awakening examples? They're not in the Path write up anymore.
>>
>>47038977
Dude chill out. You can buy it in 2 days
>>
>>47039275
That's a location yantra, not a rote.
>>
Does someone has the DA20 pdf? I cant find it anywhere
>>
>>47039753
They moved to Chapter Two's description of Awakenings, partly for layout purposes in the splat section, and partly to keep information about the subject in the same place.
>>
>>47040369
It looks like you got rid of the Silver Ladder idea that you should violently overthrow a Consilium that doesn't have Ladder Leaders, as well as the Guardian belief that if someone is getting in the way of the Hieromagus, you should violently backstab them.

Those were the worst aspects of those two Orders. Reading over the Ladder part now, I really don't hate them, though. I like them.
>>
I really hope the pack comes out this week.
>>
>>47040519
>doesn't like violence in his goodie goodies
>>
>>47040519
Post the PDF.
>>
>Théarchs have even been known to make common cause with the Seers, when something threatens the Awakened as a people. They did so during the First Crusade’s Siege of Jerusalem, to preserve their power over the Sleepers of the Holy Land and stave off mutual annihilation by the soul-stealing demon Desiderus. So again, when Atlantean symbolism failed in a Triangle centered on the Pirate Republic of Nassau, caused by a democracy-devoted Nameless Order seizing power.

>Pirate based Nameless order in Nassau
My dick is more diamond than the belief that the Awakened are one Nation.

>>47040551
>Die for getting in the way of the Mage Jesus that may not exist but that you didn't know about
>Die because we want to be in charge or we'll whine and shoot you
The violence isn't the problem. The reason is.
>>
>>47040590
shut up aspel
>>
>>47040613
Why would you think that's me? I don't ask for PDFs. They'll be posted in due time.
Who says I don't already have it?
>>
>>47040613
Who the fuck is aspel?
>>
>>47040673
A rare genus of planarian.
>>
>>47040656
Because that would imply that you.
A) Backed Beast a sufficient for it.
B) Play tested Mage 2E.
C) Have a friend how did either of the above.
I doubt any of these apply.
>>
>>47041122
>black people....IN CHARGE!!?
>how unrealistic and totally not anything that has ever been seen IRL before
>>
>>47041169

That first one could have happened, it's only 35 bucks and asking for a Mage package because it was going to be 50/50 that you'd get Mage 2e during the time of the KS.
>>
File: O My God!.gif.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
O My God!.gif.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>>47041122
OO00oo NOO00oo!!!!
Your forgetting the black daeva vampire, Black Iron Master Werewolf,
And the fucking stormlord in werewolf in in garou form so you cant tell she is black.
Fuck of you piece of shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.