[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: 5e2a9956ffccfeb1d992af1121af663c.jpg (755 KB, 1023x1500) Image search: [Google]
5e2a9956ffccfeb1d992af1121af663c.jpg
755 KB, 1023x1500
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Legendary Weapons and Armor Edition
Tell me about your weapon /pfg/

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6

Previous thread: >>46895222
>>
>>46912869
>Tell me about your weapon /pfg/

It's big and powerful and has a lot of enchantments!
>>
>>46912869
It's masterwork! It's adamantine! Non-magical! We're level 15! But I cast Greater Magic Weapon every morning and use my Magus' arcane pool to enchant it, so I prefer it that way. Recently got a magic artifact sword that I'm not sure what to do with, though.
>>
I use a magic stick. When it has alot of charges, it sprouts small leaves.

I totally didn't steal the idea from Marcille's staff in Dungeon Meshi)
>>
File: PF_Wereshark.jpg (40 KB, 545x594) Image search: [Google]
PF_Wereshark.jpg
40 KB, 545x594
>>46912869
There are many like it, but this one is mine.
>>
>>46912910
Playing a Brawler...so my magic weapon is an amulet I wear around my neck
>>
>>46913035
I want to say that there is a feat that does that, but it's got some limitation to the conditions it can be used in and I don't remember the name.

A Kensai Magus gets to do it by spending an arcane point, though.
>>
>>46912869

It's a +1 Conductive Dagger of Doubling.
>>
File: Axe2.jpg (112 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Axe2.jpg
112 KB, 1000x1000
>>46912869
>Dwarven Shield-Axe: This heavily-reinforced, top-heavy weapon of exotic dwarven design appears, at first glance, to be similar to a dwarven double waraxe. Unlike that weapon, it seems far heavier and sturdier than most other arms common to its creators. Built to catch blades and turn aside arrows, the shield-axe trades offensive power for defensive strength, making it the weapon of choice of many guards and infantrymen.

>Description: Due to its strange design and lopsided weight, a dwarven shield-axe is an exotic weapon. It acts as a heavy steel shield with shield spikes in every way, except it does slashing damage instead of piercing damage. As normal, it must be enchanted separately as both a weapon and a shield. A Medium character can use a dwarven shield-axe two-handed as a martial weapon, or a Large creature can use it one-handed the same way.

>Racial Affinity: A dwarf treats a dwarven shield-axe as a martial weapon even when using it in one hand.

>>46913060
Splendid taste, friend.

>>46913111
Furious Finish, ain't it? Requires you to be raging, to end the rage, and to be exhausted after doing it. Even immunity to exhaustion doesn't work against it though anons will obviously argue otherwise.
>>
What the fuck is the point of the Dazzled condition?
Am I misunderstanding something?
It's just -1 to attack rolls, right?
Why do people even care about it at all?
>>
>>46913263
Because that -1 can mean the difference between hitting an enemy and whiffing like a shitter.

Penalties are bad. You don't want to take them if you don't have to.
>>
>>46913263
Because roleplaying can make it seem alot worse than a "-1" penalty.
>>
>>46913299
I meant more for players bothering to use shit that dazzles enemies.
I can't imagine how many enemies I'd need to hit with a 1 day long duration dazzling effect for it to be worth even a swift action.
>>
Newbie with a question about animate dead.
I understand how caster level affects the amount of HD available on use and then how to apply them to a base creature. My question pertains to the hard limit on controllable HD. Is this always 4HD per caster level? Can this amount be raised? What effects/feats raise this?
>>
File: street_sharks.jpg (57 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
street_sharks.jpg
57 KB, 550x550
>>46913082
>>
>>46912869
My weapon currently consists of 3 fast zombie giants and 2 bloody skeleton ogres.
>>
File: pleasantly surprised.gif (746 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
pleasantly surprised.gif
746 KB, 500x363
>>46913263
>>46913336
>>46913341

TFW when I had a player get dazzled last session and automatically give himself a 10% miss chance until it wore off, even though I never said he had to.
>>
>>46913341
There's some Shelyn-specific feat that auto-dazzles anyone you hit with a polearm. That one's not terrible, although there are probably better things you could be doing with the feat slot, even on a THW build.
>>
>>46913341
Oh. Well, yeah. iirc, Dazzling is only wothwhile as a rider on other shit. You pretty much ignore anything that just dazzles a single target/multiple targets and does nothing else.
>>
File: 1439552837635.png (44 KB, 536x94) Image search: [Google]
1439552837635.png
44 KB, 536x94
>>46912869

It's a perfectly mundane light mace. Not even masterwork. Sees almost no use in combat.
>>
>>46912869
It's a +2 Anchor (using the stats of a Great Axe)!
>>
File: tumblr_moxaexdup51remlbjo1_1280.png (2 MB, 1065x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_moxaexdup51remlbjo1_1280.png
2 MB, 1065x1200
>>46912869
It's a kukri made of pure shadow that lives in a tattoo on my character's skin.
>>
>>46912869
It's a Large bastard sword because Amiri is cute and I want her to notice me someday!
>>
File: 684.jpg (70 KB, 576x1296) Image search: [Google]
684.jpg
70 KB, 576x1296
>>46912869
>>
>>46912869
I've got a +3t 'eavy Metal Nichrome Greataxe. Been with me ever since I bought 'er as a Masterwork Greataxe back at level 1.
>>
As a Blaster Sorcerer, how do I keep up in damage with the PoW classes in my party?
These guys are starting to outdo me in terms of AoE now. Forget the single-target, I lost that race 2 levels ago. What can I do? I'm decently well optimized, I think. Crossblooded, got the feats, etc. etc. Any magic items I should look into? I have the basic +4 CHA, Cloak of Resist and Stormlure right now.
>>
>>46912869
+8 Collision Greatsword
>Perfect for charging
>Great for vital strikes

I've only killed a vrock demon and a spectre with it, though. One shot them both. I can deal 37d6+672 (726 with a particular reading) with this baby.

But I'm about to take it up against a CR 45 Sorceress and 3 CR 25 Ravager Spawn. I'll let you know how it goes.
>>
Question /tg/. When it comes to ability scores, how shitty does your setup have to be before you cross the line between "You should change this" and "Change it or get out".
>>
>>46913631
>+8
Anon...
>>
>>46913649
Our healbot cleric had more in con than she did in wis.

I wasn't in the campaign at the time, and I had to tell the GM, 'next level she won't be able to cast those spells'

>>46913650
I know, you can't go above +5, it was a material component in the dungeon. Increased the enhancement bonus BY +5, and ol' Righteous Indignation was a +3 Greatsword at the time.
>>
>>46913649
8-9 is fine, 7 if you know for a fact you can just the player to not let it be a problem.
6 and below? Put your foot down
>>
>>46913696
I had a gnome bard with 5 strength.

We were very concerned he would get hit by some strength damage, which was pretty common in our dungeon.
>>
File: War Never Changes.gif (545 KB, 324x216) Image search: [Google]
War Never Changes.gif
545 KB, 324x216
>>46913627
Blasters have always sorta sucked in Pathfinder. Is there some way to switch to a "support" Sorc of some sort. Caster in Pathfinder are at their most effective when they're giving everyone Haste, Elemental Resistances, Blinding enemies, controlling the Battlefield, ect.
>>
>>46913696
>tfw my first character was a STR 5 Halfling Mysterious Stranger
>this was actively recommended to me by group members and accepted by GM
>and she STILL made the only successful Climb check in the whole campaign before it died

Feels good man.
>>
>>46913696
7/14/8/13/7/18

On a martial
>>
>>46913729
The numbers can shift down some if it's Str on a Caster, and only Str. But you should have some good saves to prevent the drain
>>
>>46913774
In all fairness, he had +14 CHA (due to an artifact necklace with +10 CHA) and I'm insisting on keeping Bestow Grace on him at all times.
>>
>>46913747
pick up the dazing spell metamagic feat, or get a metamagic rod of it. Suddenly you can put out Daze AoEs targetting reflex.

The trick with blasters isn't to get new and better spells. It's to cheese the shit out of your old spells.
>>
>>46913631
aren't you nuclear warlord anon? Great news: My GM said I had to re-roll because I was too strong. You did good. I'm also banned from making warlords without warning him first.
>>
>>46913348
Juju oracle has 6 hit die per cl, but only makes juju zombies with animate undead.

The Control Undead Feat uses channel energy uses to control a number of hit dice as well. Intelligent undead can save every day, while non intelligent undead get one save on the casting and stay under your control indefinitely. This HD amount is separate from what animate undead allows. A class with channel energy can take this feat, or a wizard can choose necromancy to get the ability scaling off int. This wizard can only use channel energy for the use of the control undead feat, and is unable to channel negative energy to heal his undead like a cleric would.

The undead master feat allows you to treat your CL as 4 levels higher when animating. I've heard that RAW it doesn't increase your CL that dictates how many you control, only how much you raise. It's apparently useless since you're going to cast desecrate to give them +1 hp per hit die when creating them, and you could make your max amount under those conditions. If your DM says that the feat increases your Caster Level for controllable amounts and not just how many you can raise when casting it's good, otherwise it's not.

The undead lord archtype gets a companion with as many HD as his or her cleric level, but gives up a domain. The flavor and the free feats is desirable, but is a weaker cleric. Who cares you're a tier 1 class anyways.

The amount of hit dice from animate undead is counted separately from the feat Control Undead, which is separate from the Undead Lord's single created companion undead, which is counted separately from the spells that you cast that let you control the undead but not permanently.

Any trick that lets you raise the Caster Level of your spells will work on animate undead, but strictly speaking doesn't serve to increase your actual caster level for the sake of determining how many undead you can control at once. That I am iffy about and personally want to know more about.
>>
>>46913847
Awww, I am.

Did you get a session in, or did he see the concept?
>>
File: konosuba-ep-3-1.png (719 KB, 1344x694) Image search: [Google]
konosuba-ep-3-1.png
719 KB, 1344x694
My DM used to have a thing for handing out odd loot.

Once he gave me 5 Scabbards of Vigor + Honing
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/scabbard-of-vigor
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/scabbard-of-honing

As part of his houserule, any enhancement bonuses on the scabbard of vigor will stay with the sword based on the duration of the effect.

Needless to say, I have only one masterwork sword, but I have 5 scabbards of Vigor + Honing, each with different situational enhancements based on the encounters he throws at us. (Limning, Vicious, Ghost-Touch, Defending and Guardian)

And at one point, the party barbarian thrust his big, hard, sword into my scabbard.
>>
>>46913831
Oh wow... dazing, a massive -1 penalty to enemies if they fail a save. That'll sure help my team.

Yeah, ignore this Anon's advice. If you wana build around meta-magic, focus on Maximize Spell, Empower Spell, and Quickened Spell. Most other meta-magic feats aren't worth the level-adjustments and higher casting slots to your spells.
>>
So my GM allows me to play any race with less than 15RP. But after reading through pfsrd, cool stuff like Kitsune and Astamoi doesn't have RP listed.

What do?
>>
>>46914030
That's Dazzling, you moron. Dazing denies them actions for a round. It's a stun that doesn't leave them with the Helpless condition.
>>
>>46912869

My DM gave me a luck blade with 1 wish left.
I STILL haven't used it to make a wish, since its too goddamn valuable.
>>
File: UBW.png (642 KB, 900x638) Image search: [Google]
UBW.png
642 KB, 900x638
>>46912869
>Tell me about your weapon /pfg/?
PsyArm here. Which one?
>>
>>46914045
Calculate it yourself if it isn't there.

Kitsunes weigh in at 10 RP by the way, which is standard PC levels.
>>
>>46914030
> 2016
> Doesn't know the that Daze is not Dazzle
>>
>>46914212
Thanks.
>>
Help me, /pfg/

I rolled a psyarm and I want to maintain Panoply Eruption for several rounds, but doing so requires I expend psionic focus.

Here are 3 issues that needs to be addressed.

1) Are there any good AoO feats to make the most out of Panoply Eruption?
2) Are there any good feats that lets me AoO enemies trying to move in difficult terrain?
3) Are there any methods to have multiple stacking psionic focus so I can spam panoply eruption?
>>
>>46914291
>Are there any methods to have multiple stacking psionic focus so I can spam panoply eruption?
Psycrystals
>>
>>46913876
We beat the campaign.
>Scene opens with BBEG Wizard 20/some other class it wasn't relevant 10 setting fire to village, standard stuff, flying above village of level 1 commoners. GM told us it wouldn't be very original.
>commoners can't hit shit with his AC. pcs meet, I ask how high he is.
important: Vertical charges are a houserule, assuming you have a partner to toss you. in laziness, tossing ability is D20+str Feet. can't use it to grab ledges or other stuff, only for actual charges and you take regular fall damage.)
>"about 40 feet up. you can feel he's taunting you from that low"
>me and fighter-anon climb on top of building
>GM is smug, mentions boss has boatload of HP and armor class.
> Don't care, have fighter-anon launch me. >20str+d20 roll 19 gives me just enough distance.
>I do the thing, roll bucket of Dice. Thank you for lending us that many dice FLGS.
>The lowest I rolled was a single 4. Boss took so much damage that his body was vaporized.
We didn't even finish counting a 5th of the damage before we gave up. GM just declared the campaign was over, we won, and he left. I'm already famous at the nearest 2 game shops.
>>
>>46914319
I considered that, but I thought I can only keep one? And it won't stack with deep focus.
>>
>>46914365
Tell me more about this character build, please
>>
File: Merlin.jpg (41 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
Merlin.jpg
41 KB, 768x576
>>46914365
Note to self: Never allow myself to become smug.

THAT is when the dice betray you.
>>
File: 1459400735275.jpg (205 KB, 1414x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459400735275.jpg
205 KB, 1414x1000
>>46914365
>Vertical charges are a houserule,
Its not a houserule. Its legit in the rules.

In fact, I had a Ravenlord Harbinger based off the Final Fantasy Dragoon

Established Rule: Creatures that fall take 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet fallen, to a maximum of 20d6. Just as characters take damage when they fall more than 10 feet, so too do they take damage when they are hit by falling objects. If an object falls more than 150 feet, it deals double the listed damage. Note that a falling object takes the same amount of damage as it deals.

Theory: If a medium sized creature charges at an enemy while 150ft up in the air, he deals:
1d8[x2] (lance damage) + 20d6[x2] (falling damage momentum) + 3d6[x2] (falling medium sized object) + Other Modifiers such as STR

The creature takes only 46 points of fall damage thanks to Boots of the Cat. The enemy takes an average 180-200 damage.

Adjustments:
If he is wearing Rhino Hide armor, he adds an extra 2d6 damage on a successful charge
If he uses any size boosting spells, the falling object damage is adjusted to 4d6 instead if he were large.
If he is treated as though he were mounted (Ex: via being a centaur or any quadruped), he deals x2 damage with the lance instead. (x3 with Spirited Charge, x4 if using Diving Charge, a 3rd party feat from Necromancers of the Northwest.)
>>
>>46914291
deep meditation feat, and psycrystals
>>
>>46914500
Jesus how did we ever miss that this is amazing. How do you charge up by RAW? That one only shows down.
>>
>>46913627
Don't play a sorcerer. Play a wilder.
>>
>>46914425
Not the replier, but I gave him some suggestions about the build.

Essentially, the focus is threefold:
>Get as many flat damage bonuses as you can
>Use Greatsword Battler/ vital strike
>Use Bless Weapon / Cyclops Helm to guarantee a crit

It works much better with mythic vital strike, because the bonus vital strike damage in MVS actually crits.

Smite, duelboost blade of fury/devastating momentum, power attack, high strength and other flat damage bonuses are good ideas. A whetstone and radiant charge/ martial charge or a charge maneuver all add to the damage as well.
>>
>>46914586
I think you meant Deep Focus also...
>Special: You cannot benefit from both Psicrystal Containment and Deep Focus at the same time. If you have both feats, you may only have your psicrystal or your subconscious maintaining psionic focus at any given time.
>>
>>46913729
Reminds me of the one legitimate autist I played with, who rolled a lesbian gnome barbarian with bubblegum pink hair he called "Fizzybitch" with a strength of like 8. He whined about how he wasn't doing any damage come level 3.
>>
>>46914604
Ravenlord. Harbinger.
>>
>>46914604
The only way to charge upwards is to have flight, and obviously there is no falling damage when going upwards.
>>
>>46914016
Was he expecting you to play some sort of retard iaido practioner?

"I HAVE ONE SWORD BUT FIVE SHEATHES, AND SO LONG AS MY SWORD IS SHEATHED BEFORE I ATTACK - YOU'LL DIE".
>>
>>46914676
Look at the effects of the Scabbard of Valor.
You get 10 rounds before the enchantment bonus runs out.
>>
How many spells do I get as a cleric? I understand spells per day, but do I just choose from the entire pool, minus alignment restricted ones? Doesn't say on the pfsrd
>>
>>46914699
The point still stands.
>>
>>46914604
>Jesus how did we ever miss that this is amazing
Not really. You don't always have 150ft. of vertical clearing in dungeons and caves.
>>
Does anyone have Ascension Games' Path of Iron PDF on hand that they can toss out? I've only got the playtest document, and they seemed really good; up there with DSP even.
>>
>>46914500
FYI nothing says you can't use your weapon as a mount.
>>
>>46914640
ravenlord just does gloom/curse shit. it can swap with the bird, but that just lets you charge down (via gravity). how do you charge up?
>>
>>46914365
I'm so proud, glad it worked out there. Were you guys meant to win that fight, or was the campaign meant to last longer?
>>
>>46914500
Where does it say you're counted as being mounted if you're a quadruped/centaur?

Being a centaur might be worthwhile.
>>
>>46914754
>it can swap with the bird, but that just lets you charge down (via gravity). how do you charge up?

You tell the raven to stay 150ft up in the air at all times until you need to swap places with him and charge at some poor shmuck.

>>46914787
>Where does it say you're counted as being mounted if you're a quadruped/centaur?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/natural-jouster-combat
>>
> APL 6
> half the party aren't optimizing their character
> GM thinks it's a good idea to force an enounter with CR13 Lawful Evil NPC to the party.
>>
>>46914792
That's...technically not what that says.

Any reasonable GM would see the obvious, though.
>>
>>46914757
He was just intended to let us see who we were expected to hate. Key words: intended and expected. Both past tense. That was supposed to be the final boss. I assume he would've had henchmen in the finale. But of course, we'll never know.
>>
I like this axe. What does it do, pfg?
>>
>>46914900
It's a dwarven axe. It's shitty because it's badly balanced, it has two blades, you cant choke up behind either blade and various other assorted reasons.

It might be used as an executioners weapon.
>>
File: 1457751352668.jpg (634 KB, 818x1000) Image search: [Google]
1457751352668.jpg
634 KB, 818x1000
>>46914500
>>46914604
Not that guy, but I had a pretty crafty player who actually did an "upward and then downward charge attack"

>Shoes of Lightning Leaping
>Once per day on command, a creature wearing these boots can transform into lightning and move up to 50 feet in a straight line, re-materializing at the far end of the lightning bolt. Creatures in the path of the lightning take 6d6 points of electricity damage and objects take damage as per the lightning bolt spell.

The funny thing about the description, and this bastard noticed it immediately, is that it never specified he can only travel on a linear plane, And so, this guy's who uses PoW by the way, bought these boots, spent several thousand gold to make them activate on a swift action, activates these boots, aims at an adjacent enemy's face, and lightning leaps 50ft. up in the air, only to fall down and finish off with an Iron Axe Kick

>Iron Axe Kick
>The disciple leaps up into the air and raises his leg up to hammer it down in a bone-shattering axe kick. The initiator delivers a potent kick (as anunarmed strike) that inflicts an additional 6d6 points of damage. The target must make a Fortitude save (DC 14 + primary initiation modifier) or bedazed for 1d4 rounds.

Sight to behold, man
>>
>>46914931
By the filename, I can tell that's a Maker's axe. Makers are like if you took a dwarf and made him Large. One of those sections with the grip above or below that circle bit in the centre is the size of a male Maker's hand. It's a onehanded weapon.
>>
>>46914800
How'd that go?
>>
>>46915272
Not him, but I would assume it ended with tea and biscuits, and a friendly game of Parcheesi in the NPC's lair.
Good times.
>>
So everyone knows that bonuses of the same type don't stack.

What happens if you manage to get both a bonus and a penalty of the same type?
Like if you're in race builder and had a -2 racial penalty to STR, but then bought a +2 racial bonus to strength.

Is there any rule stopping you from going with the RAW reading 'They're both racial modifiers so only the highest one applies', and you just apply the +2, negating the negative?
>>
File: 1456218633917.png (1 MB, 1274x1207) Image search: [Google]
1456218633917.png
1 MB, 1274x1207
>>46915316
>Pathfinder, because you can do basically anything with it. There are rules for dungeon crawling, kingdom building, gritty combat, running a business, sci-fi technology, naval combat, political intrigue, and pretty soon, horror.

>Honestly, it's not as bad as people say. You can basically run ANY kind of genre with it because there are official books for just about everything.

Is this true, /pfg/?
>>
>>46915549

>With the exception of dodge bonuses, most circumstance bonuses, and racial bonuses, only the better bonus of a given type works.
>>
>>46915566
>Anything
Ahaha, fuck no.

>Many things
Sure. What are you looking for?
>>
>>46915571
Yes, that's the RAW.
But I'm saying can lead to a -2 and a +2 combining into a +2 rather than a +0.

Which makes me wonder if there are any caveats for mixing bonuses and penalties.
>>
>>46915566
Well, if you're willing to overhaul a lot of shit, yeah you can run almost 'anything' in it, but it may be a lot of work.

Pathfinder works best as 'high' historical fantasy. People who are so skilled with swords that they can fucking carve holes in the spacetime continuum and teleport through them alongside retard strong spellcasters and people with divine sparks etc.

It isn't particularly great for things like horror - because if it has stats you can kill it (or that's the expectation).
>>
>>46915566

Well, wouldn't go so far as to say "ANYTHING"-the system is designed to work in a specific way, and breaking from it can really fuck with things. As for all the stuff you mentioned, there ARE rules for such things, but they are often clunky, broken, or just downright terrible. That said, with a good GM and some fixes, yeah, you could do some off-the-wall shit and have fun with it.
>>
> " you can apply its effect to an attack you make with a greatsword at the end of a charge."
>An attack..at the end of the charge?

Does this imply just once per round? Say you had pounce, or was using a maneuver that let you make a full-round attack at the end of a charge.
>>
>>46915566
>>Pathfinder, because you can do basically anything with it. There are rules for dungeon crawling, kingdom building, gritty combat, running a business, sci-fi technology, naval combat, political intrigue, and pretty soon, horror.
>>Honestly, it's not as bad as people say. You can basically run ANY kind of genre with it because there are official books for just about everything.
AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

granted, the corollary is that anything can be done if you have an EXCEPTIONAL GM, but at its base and as a system, its fucked straight from square one of the Core

Especially since the Devs don't even know how to play their own game

And really, there are about of 3pp publishers. 80% are trash, but there are a good number of good ones, or at least decent supplements.
>>
>>46915621
Only the better BONUS. Penalties arent bonuses.
>>
>>46915621
Like >>46915824 said. For example, if you're caught flat-footed, they are unable to add their dex -bonus- to AC.

However, and I always thought this was odd, if you have a negative dex, you still take a penalty. Because it's somehow easier to hit you than someone who isn't moving at all.
>>
>>46915566
>>Pathfinder, because you can do basically anything with it. There are rules for dungeon crawling, kingdom building, gritty combat, running a business, sci-fi technology, naval combat, political intrigue, and pretty soon, horror.

This sounds like the most delusional of Paidrones.

>kingdom building
Economy rules is SHIT
>gritty combat
Several arbitrarily stupid rules for martials to do something other than "I hit it with my sword" while the caster laughs from afar slinging several save-or-die spells is "gritty combat"
>running a business
Profession skill is SHIT. Economy rules are SHIT. Crafting is good but broken
>sci-fi technology
AHAHAHAHAHA
>naval combat
Done fucking terribly, in a world of magic, their ships can all be sunk by a level 2 druid with warp wood.
>political intrigue
Everything Paizo has shat out is SJW rhetoric, including their politics
>and pretty soon, horror.
The only thing horrific about Pathfinder is their writing
>>
I want to marry a jade phoenix mage!
>>
File: oino.jpg (108 KB, 576x792) Image search: [Google]
oino.jpg
108 KB, 576x792
What kind of religious symbol would papa oino have?
>>
>>46915956
>>46915812
>>46915642
Shit sons. And what about >>46915530 ?
>>
>>46915606
>>46915812
>>46915956
Pathfinder is probably that rare instance of a tabletop game where the players absolutely loathe the system they've dedicated to playing.
>>
>>46916012
The dm generally requires the most rules knowledge. Players can usually just get away with knowing the rules for combat, skills and their own classes rules.

Part of the advantage to pathfinder is that it's built upon a system that most are familiar with, and there's a metric fuckton of material for it (and the resources are mostly available for free online too), so if you don't know something you can google it. It has its flaws, sure, but because it's relatively compatable with 3.5 (and its own 3rd party) a *fuckton* can be adapted.

Other systems may be better for other things.
>>
>>46916058
However, as a caveat - because a lot of people are familiar with 3.5 (caster edition) and pathfinder doesn't do much to change it, there's a lot of existing bias and disengagement of critical thought.

For example I also occasionally lurk reddit for some stuff like news and some gaming stuff and my local region and I browse their pathfinder board. The other day I saw a person screaming about how overpowered initiators were because they were really good at combat (and obsoleted 'fighters' and 'barbarians') and they were "even better than wizards and sorcerers and 3/4bab 6th level casting classes"... but the guy was focusing solely on damage - not on utility, where a lot of PoW stuff is just good in combat. There's a lot of people who think that martials should only be half good at swinging a sword while still allowing reality-bending tier 1 casters without even blinking ("they're wizards!").
>>
>>46916040
Pathfinder has been ruined by the 3 stooges of Paizo who don't know shit about their own game.

1 of them has his head so far up his own ass that he created the Kineticist and barred everyone from making any archetypes or fixes to his abortion baby.

2 of them are so ingrained in the SJW cult that one of them can't stop shoving faggots and trannies in their APs, and the other spends more time getting felated by espousing socjus bullshit in twitter rather than doing their fucking job.

Frankly, Paizo could die and I wouldn't shed a tear so long as the Pathfinder property gets bought by a more competent group.
>>
Tell me /pfg/, how overpowered would it be to allow hand crossbows and one-handed firearms to not provoke attacks of opportunity?
>>
File: 1459731537519.png (451 KB, 554x692) Image search: [Google]
1459731537519.png
451 KB, 554x692
>>46916147
>mfw PsyArm
>>
>>46916147
Well it would be a boring change that doesn't achieve a tremendous amount - not to mention invalidates certain feats and class features. I'd rather find a way to give them a niche without removing things like ranged weapon properties.
>>
>>46916040
Any tabletop game with a significant fanbase of diverse players becomes this.
>>
Last game, in combat, I rolled:
1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 8, 9, 11, 18, and 19.

This is about as average I have for luck. Needless to say, the DM is even apalled by the dice I roll.

How do I get God to stop hating me? I really wanna roll well. I'd even just take rolling slightly below average.
>>
>>46916231
>Sacrifice virgin
>Bathe dice in virgin blood
>Chant incantation protecting against low results immediately prior to every roll
>>
>>46916231
Do you have a spindown d20?
It happens anyway. My group's only damage dealer was rolling 4 and under for her entire last session, making encounters last forever while she did absolutely nothing all night. I felt bad for her.
>>
What are some cool thematic class options for playing a Dhampir PC? Kind of keeping to the whole dark/undead/gothic feel.
>>
>>46916267
Could I just bathe it in my own blood? I've got a lot to spare.

>>46916278
It's an online group, so it's all seeded rolls. I seemingly use any good rolls on useless skillchecks and then miss/critfail 90% of my attacks (even though I am a lvl 2 with a +7 to hit). I can only optimize so well before God just says "no fun for you".

The dice gods are not merciful. I must appease them somehow. If your friend finds the answer, share it; I need some divine wisdom.
>>
>>46916387
Anti-Paladin. Eat your victims.
>>
>>46916166
Oh shut up, you're the Exploiter Wizard of Soulknives.
>>
>>46916388
>Could I just bathe it in my own blood?
Are you a virgin?
Are you willing to sacrifice yourself for better rolls?
Seems counter-intuitive.
>>
>>46916387
Dhampir are such a cop-out, play a real undead race and fluff it as proper vampire.
>>
>>46916231
I rolled three 1s in two encounters
>GM has a cruel, cruel role where the more 1s you get in a session, the worse they end up
guy ended up with 3hp in a slurk's mouth, fucking tusk piercing my back
>ally kills it, setting me free
>fear-eating technique the shit out of the rider after power attacking his ass
>12hp gained
>nearly kill the kobold fuck
>cdg him next turn, eat his heart to end encounter

>>46916387
zwei sentinel, it's fun being the edgelord dark knight
>>
>>46916387
Harbinger
AntiPaladin
Dread
Juju Oracle
Witch

There's a ton of edgelord classes.
>>
>>46916387
Bard: Play music like https://youtu.be/xe821OoYPUY
Cleric/Oracle: Be a necromancer
Alchemist: Go Frankenstein mad scientist/monster on people
Witch: Hexes everywhere, vomit swarms, and cackle madly while your foes drown in their own blood
Summoner: Master summoner to allow you to summon cruel abominations to shred your opponent to pieces.
Anti-Paladin: Be the living embodiment of horror. Delight in the agony of everyone you encounter.
>>
I need to throw a weapon as far as possible. These are my thoughts:

>Javelin (30 base)
>Hurler Barbarian (+10 ft)
>Longshot (spell) (+10 ft)
>Supple Wrist, Strong Arm (+10 ft)
>Distance (Multiply it by 2)
>Long Shot (Reduces range penalty from -2 to -1)
>Other Feat (Don't remember the name but reduces thrown weapon penalty by flat 2)

Gives a 600ft throw at only a -3. As a barbarian this will do a lot more damage than your average normal ranged attack because it does 1.5x strength. Using rage, orc bloodline, and your budget you can easily get 50 strength for a +30 on every throw. With power attack that's another +18.
>>
>>46916488
Belt of Mighty Hurling
>>
Is there a way to get something like "Aura of Cowardice" on a non-Anti-Paladin? I have a character idea for an intimidation fighter, but she is Chaotic Neutral (leaning more towards Chaotic Evil), thus I can't play an Anti-Paladin with her. I need something like the Anti-Paladin's Aura of Cowardice, because intimidation fighter-types are too easy to shut down by both PCs and DMs.
>>
>>46915272
We ran away after a few turn. Pretty sure GM will prevent that next time too.
>>
>>46916598
Just looked into the psionic class "Dread".

Do you guys think a Melee oriented Dread would be a good idea? It would be using feats like "Dazzling Display", "Signature Skill (Intimidate)", "Cornugon Smash", and "Hurtful".
>>
How was your last session /pfg/? I just had my first session as a player and it was pretty fun. Granted it was just world building and character creation but I still had a blast. It's such a load off to not be dm'ing for once.

>Setting is a sort-of post apocalyptic prehistoric fantasy, where humanity nearly wiped out and nature reclaimed the planet. Thousands of years later new species have bloomed and people forgot all about the previous civilizations, the only inkling of their existence being the mysterious ruins and strange tech scattered within them. Civilization had devolved back to a more primitive tribal state. Not cavemen stupid but more first nations style.

>Playing a Feral Catfolk Oracle of Clockwork who was banished from her tribe for her obsession over the strange tech in the ruins. Granted clockwork terminator eyes when her powers began to bloom. Has a small clockwork rabbit as a familiar.

>Second party member is a Feral Gnasher Goblin Berserker known only as Gob. He has a humongous head full of razor sharp teeth with a voracious appetite to boot. Was kicked out of his tribe after attempting to eat too many other goblins.
>>
>>46917032
Hell's Rebels
>ragtag band of heroes assembly at Aria park
>one, a woman, Lashunta Oracle (Heavens) on her way to work at a local bookstore
>another, a Jeggare bastard, Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) who just showed up to watch the show
>a third, an entertainer, Kitsune Medium (Spirit Dancer) showed up in disguise to make a scene
>fourth member, pissed off citizen, Human Fighter (Mutation Warrior) tired of Thrune's shit
>Shaman watched from the sidelines, Alchemist silenced the pro-democracy, Fighter searched for a contact and the Medium rabble roused
>riot goes about as you would expect
>Shaman and Medium escaped without issue early on
>Fighter leaves after tangling with some dottari
>Alchemist escapes last
>Rexus is saved largely thanks to the Shaman's love of Color Spray and the Medium kinda piled in to help
>Fighter caught up just in time to meet Rexus
>The group reconvenes at the coffee shop
>Alchemist drops in for coffee and treats the Shaman as his waitress
>when she refuses - he loudly complains about bad service
>Medium and Rexus rope Alchemist into the fold with offers of money
>livery goes pretty smoothly
>the wasp nest is a little more bumpy
>albino alligator deals some damage
>Chough is knocked out and the Fushi sisters are recruited
>Alchemist insists that a murderous dire corby is worth keeping around
>missions and events go through rather uninterestingly
>collapses in the wasp nest
>dealing with the dottari
>removal of tooth fairy pest
>oh, and we now have an imp on contract
Now the party is preparing to start up an organized anti-Thrune movement. Everyone is pretty neutral to the Silver Raven's resurrection, and seem to have opted on developing their own group.
>>
>>46916488
Sonic Thrust.
Long range means it's already at 760 feet throw by the time you can cast it.
>>
Do bonus damage dice on manoeuvres get multiplied on a crit?

Do brace weapons double bonus manoeuvre damage if they hit a charging enemy as an AoO?
>>
>>46917287

>Do bonus damage dice on manoeuvres get multiplied on a crit?

Just make stuff up! It's all homebrew anyway!
>>
File: monk19.jpg (190 KB, 1178x1600) Image search: [Google]
monk19.jpg
190 KB, 1178x1600
>>46912869
>needing weapons

By the way, Scathatch a best. Excellent choice OP.
>>
File: 1459136227911.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1459136227911.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>46917524
>Scathatch a best
Kek. No.
>>
File: 1457761430914.png (706 KB, 777x1100) Image search: [Google]
1457761430914.png
706 KB, 777x1100
>>46917573
You're also wrong
>>
>>46917573
>Another Saber clone
Kek. No.
>>
>>46917287
No and no. They only multiply base weapon die and flat damage. Anything else is a houserule.
>>
File: 1459136435961.png (1 MB, 1284x1781) Image search: [Google]
1459136435961.png
1 MB, 1284x1781
>>46917524
>>46917573
>>46917585
Original Saber is still best Saber
>>
>>46917722
>Original

HAH
>>
Anyone play with Astomoi?
>>
>>46917585
my man! also what would tamamo stats be? besides 10/10 waifu
>>
>>46918083
Kitsune Sorc with the Kitsune Bloodline and Magical Tails feat
>>
. Church of Adrastea
A monotheistic faith which worships the oracle Adrastea, who is believed to reincarnate and lead the faithful, much like the Dalai Lama. Adrasteans believe in the existence of a divine, omniscient creator, "God", but do not worship it, as they believe it is indifferent towards life. Adrastea was an oracle blessed with extraordinary wisdom, who could see the world as it truly was and devised a means to mitigate human suffering. Adrasteans believe that when they die, they will go and join Adrastea in a paradise free of want. Blue flame is especially important in Adrastean ritual, which venerates fire. Corpses are always cremated, as it is believed that that is the only way to separate the soul from the body. This is the dominant religion in the primary campaign setting of the world.

2. The Five Cults
This religion is native to the northernmost peoples of the world, who worship powerful, ancient, living creatures as gods. Each god is an immensely powerful being with a unique form and consciousness, but all dwell beneath the waves in enormous prehistoric temples. It's believed that there were more cults in the past, but they died with their god, and even now there is competition between the remaining cults. The gods themselves simply rest, either sleeping or engaged in activity indiscernible to human observation. Bells are considered extremely important to the cults, though whether this is because they beckon the gods or keep them lulled to sleep is open to interpretation.
>>
What is the current yes on Golarion? When was the World Wound (WotR) closed?
>>
>>46918467
The Worldwound isn't closed; events in APs aren't canon past the 3.5 ones (RotRL, CotCT, Second Darkness mainly).

Current year for PFS stuff is like 4716 AR? It hardly even matters there.
>>
>>46914976
that is glorious
something to keep in mind
>>
>>46914995
>>46914900

Looks like a weapon for cutting meat or wood or something maybe -- though it'd be bad for even that. Very poor penetration, and no armor piercing head. What's the point?
>>
>>46914900
It looks like a decent blunt weapon.
>>
>>46918647
It's from Darksiders 2, don't expect too much.

>>46918658
Considering Makers are built like brick shithouses even among other brick shithouses like War, it'd still work fine.
>>
>>46914500
>Just as characters take damage when they fall more than 10 feet, so too do they take damage when they are hit by falling objects
Inb4 DM rules that you are not an object, and that your weapon isn't falling since you are holding it
>>
>>46916387
Play a sanguinist Medic.
>>
>>46919024
>medic
>supposed to be (Ex) healer

>still no way to play it completely (Ex) from level 1 to 20

Come the fuck on.
>>
>>46919033
I did the best I could within the restrictions the system I write for. I'll take a dive on SP abilities if it means I'm allowed to give the Medic the ability to raise dead.
>>
>>46914500
Now add vital strike to that.
>>
>>46919128
What's wrong with an (Ex) Raise Dead? It's happened in real life, and nobody's got 14 ranks in Heal in real life.
>>
>>46919231
Yeah, they have that at level 8. It's called Resuscitation. It's the "raise your friend who got turned into a vampire and you spent weeks chasing him down and finally slaying him so that you can restore him to life" kind of raise dead that requires SP abilities.
>>
>>46919231
>It's happened in real life
the bible is fiction.
>>
>>46919287
I assume anon's referring to CPR and defibrillation. Plus the occasional really weird thing that happens like coming out of a 30 year coma.

A coma's not technically dead, but after 30 years? I think it's close enough.
>>
>>46919305
So let their level 14 feature be (Ex).
>>
>>46919314
Again, I refer you to >>46919128

There are rules and restrictions in writing Pathfinder that I have to follow. I did the best I could to balance the class between maintaining it's goal of providing a primarily Ex healer, fulfilling the necessities of the job therein, and following the rules of the game that the medic is designed to play in.

It's a lot easier for you to just make it (Ex) in your home game than it is for me to push an (Ex) ability that is clearly (Su) or (Sp) and expect people to be willing to publish or pay for my work. That's the reality of the situation.
>>
>>46919231
If you want it to emulate CPR it should be breath of life not raise dead.
>>
>>46918522
Some have to, either for timing or because of other events. Shattered Star requires other APs, and Reign of Winter requires a specific year.
>>
>>46919287
A bookshop kept telling my friend off because he kept moving the bibles to the fiction section
>>
>>46919441
What happens in the bad end?
>>
>>46913098
>He actually bought that overpriced pos...
>>
Does Pathfinder have the same rules as 3.5 in terms of stacking doubling?

IE if you are supposed to triple something, and then double it, you instead quadruple it once.
>>
>>46919780
Yes.
>>
>>46914500
You can only move up to double your speed in a charge tho. I can't think of anything that can get 75ft movement speed besides a Monk.

Maybe a barbarian with expeditious retreat and fleet of foot?
>>
Is there an alter self ability for large humanoids?

Most other polymorphs have a II variant, but it always just refers to alter self
>>
>>46919807
Falling is a free action, anon.
>>
>>46919873
But you have to actually use movement to get a charge, falling is not using movement.
>>
>>46919899
You can fall only the first 100ft and only then charge, if you want.
>>
What the fuck happens if you put Brilliant Energy on an AoMF? Does the monk become a spooky ghost?
>>
>>46919873
It doesn't change the fact you can't move more than twice your speed in a charge tho.

Why do you think falling is a free action anyway? Wouldn't it be immediate? Because you could fall anytime in combat, particularly when it isn't your turn.

I mean I can still see it working, but as a GM I would rule it as you jumping down intentionally and have you roll an Acrobatics (or Fly?) check to keep yourself stable in the air or something.
Your turn is only 6 seconds or so, I don't wanna get into physics and shit but I would still limit your falling distance to whatever is twice your movement speed.
>>
>>46917032
Highly entertaining for the wrong reasons, retarded row between the DM and another player because they wanted to use WoP and the DM wasn't having any of it (thankfully).
>>
>>46920102
>Why do you think falling is a free action anyway? Wouldn't it be immediate?
It's a free action by the rules.
But you can only fall up to 500ft per round.
>>
>>46919857
Closest you'll get is Giant Form, Anon.
>>
>>46919287

*tips fedora*
>>
>>46919912
but once you stop falling and start moving you would not get the bonus dice from falling damage.
The only way I see to get a bunch of falling damage dice is to fall on the person. At least using RAW.
>>
>>46920151
>but once you stop falling and start moving you would not get the bonus dice from falling damage.
Why not?
>>
>>46919371
Are people seriously not gonna buy something because it has an (Ex) raise dead?
>>
>>46920085
>>
>>46920122
I'm just trying to find out how to qualify as my own mount, ie centaur. Because mounts are squishy.

It just seems like there's no way to shapeshift into a centaur.
>>
>>46920185
Built a mount construct and gradually upgrade them raising HD as you level yourself. Those aren't squishy.
>>
>>46919371
Okay, I'm honestly curious. What exactly are the limits of the system that make it hard to publish (Ex) stuff based on RL, where we notably lack all that magical jazz? The brawler already opens the door to all that by doing (Ex) stuff that's (Su) for the monk.
>>
>>46920110
>It's a free action by the rules
>But you can only fall up to 500ft per round.
I'm not seeing anything that says that anywhere.

Closest I've found was the rules for a flying creature who suddenly can't fly and immediately falls 150 feet that ROUND and then an additional 300 the subsequent rounds.
So even if you fell on your own turn you're basically getting an immediate run, not a charge.
>>
>>46920185
Centaurs are monstrous humanoids baka desu.
Monstrous physique lets you become one.
>>
>>46920162
Because you are no longer falling, and you do not take the fall damage from suddenly beginning to fly.
>DND does not use real world physics stop trying to pretend it does, inertia, explosive shock from setting off explosions in small rooms under ground, ect, are all things that are not part of the rules.
>>
>>46920280
>inertia, explosive shock from setting off explosions in small rooms under ground, ect, are all things that are not part of the rules.

>Casting teleport or a similar spell while falling does not end your momentum, it just changes your location, meaning that you still take falling damage, even if you arrive atop a solid surface.
>>
So majora's mask suddenly appears in golarion? what are its stats? artifact or what?
>>
I'm playing a Kirthfinder fighter with the Personal Weapon talent. In anyone's hands but mine it's just a Masterwork Bastard Sword.

However, when I wield it, it's a +1 Keen Bastard Sword.
>>
>>46920167
Actually, yes they probably will. Not a lot of them, but enough.

>>46920202
There's a difference between performing CPR and raising a dead body a week after the fact. Nobody has ever restored a rotting corpse to a fully functioning individual in real life. That's why resuscitation is Ex and Improved Resuscitation is Sp.
>>
>>46918820
>Note that a falling object takes the same amount of damage as it deals.

So even if you allowed it, in addition to the 42 fall damage you would also take just as much from the 3d6x2, and arguably so would your weapon, armor, basically anything you're wearing/wielding.
>>
>>46920290
>One example from teleport of all things.
>Suddenly going from a freefall to moving straight up does absolutely nothing by raw because fly speed.
>Hit terminal velocity, can just fly out of it because fly speed with no force pulling down.
>Inertia is really a thing guys.
Also nothing stops you from teleporting yourself there upside down, which would still cause you to splatterfy by raw, not shoot back upwards because reversing the direction the force is taking you apparently doesn't work.
>>
>>46919371
Aware you're not the psionics guy, but:
Can Mind Stones allow a Gifted Blade to know a higher level power than it normally could learn for its class level, as long as it can spend the required pp to manifest it?

I don't see anything in the RAW that prevents it but not sure if that's intentional or a loophole.
>>
>>46920343
Nobody in real life can literally talk to animals or perform functional divinations by watching birds or reading animal entrails.

Both of those are (Ex) oracle revelations.
>>
>>46920379
Anon there is no point in arguing it with Elric though, you would need to argue it with his boss, he already said it is out of his hands.
>>
>>46920379
No, but the premise of ex resuscitation is getting their heart started, breathing cleared, etc.

The premise of raising someone after a week is completely regenerating their central nervous system inside of their rotting corpse, turning necrotic flesh into living breathing flesh and REBINDING THEIR SOUL TO ITS MORTAL HUSK.

I think the difference is: Is their soul technically in the afterlife? If so, out of the hands of EX

In this universe, there are naturally occurring species that can speak with birds and are unaffected by anti-magic field. The reading animal entrails...I got no answer for that. That seems like the outlier here.
>>
Are there any hopelessly useless cleric spells I should look out for?
>>
>>46920343
I think it's silly to give an (Ex) class stuff like raising the dead that long after, yes. But why not have the ability include something like declaring a given death a mistake? Living people have been pronounced dead before. So long as it wasn't a death effect or vorpal blade you could always say "Ah ha! Your friend is actually only mostly dead! Which means partly still alive!" Heck that might even cover the death effects too.
>>
>>46920429
Like I said earlier if you want an EX Resuscitation you would probably want to look at breath of life, not raise dead. Possibly with being able to bring back something that has been dead for medic level rounds rather then one round.
>>
>>46920477
Does it matter? if you pick a dud you just pray it away the next day.
>>
>>46920495
This could work.

Lots of archetypes have (Ex) luck effects.
>>
>>46920512
Yeah but aren't Clerics limited in the spells they can get?
>>
>>46920519
Not at all they have access to their full list, they just pick once a day to select what spells they have ready, but can leave slots open like a wizard to prep later if they desire.
>>
>>46920536
>this is considered okay by paizo
fuck
>>
>>46920557
Anon how dare you try to bind casters by logic, balance, or reality this is teamwork fantasy!
Only dirty martials should be limited by the real world because they lack magic.
>>
I want (Ex)fags to leave
>>
>>46920536
How long does it take to prepare empty slots?
>>
>>46920577
>full 9th level casting + powers
>3/4 BAB too
>d8 as well
Who designed the fucking cleric? Who made this and thought, "Yeah this definitely won't be able to single handedly carry a group against basically anything, definitely won't"
>>
>>46920580
15 mins per 1/4 of their total spells
>When preparing spells for the day, a cleric can leave some of her spell slots open. Later during that day, she can repeat the preparation process as often as she likes. During these extra sessions of preparation, she can fill these unused spell slots ... Like the first session of the day, this preparation takes at least 15 minutes, and it takes longer if she prepares more than one-quarter of his spells.
>>
>>46920599
>3/4 BAB too
>d8 as well

Anon those are effectively the same thing in PF
>>
>>46920599
Well they do lack some of the versitility and utility that an arcane caster has, but overall they are very strong that is why overall CODzilla will always outshine any pure martials and one of the biggest indications of Casters being better then martials at what they are meant to be the best at.
>>
>>46920619
oh whoosp
And they get access to most of the spells in the list as well. I mean I get it's role-play, not roll-play, but still that's completely absurd
>>
>>46920632
Dnd was originally designed around Roll play over Role play though, the mechanics are important to the flow of the game, that is what separates it from a narrative game like Storyteller for instance, Storyteller has a lot more fluid mechanics, DnD has a lot more hard mechanics.
>>
>>46920649
Well then the devs are a bunch of amateurs
>>
>>46920667
Yeah I totally agree, that is why I don't play things like fighters, monks, ect, because it isnt fun to me since eventually you basically become a irrelevant or suck up a disproportional amount of wealth to just keep up.
>>
>>46920649
>Dnd was originally designed around Roll play over Role play though, the mechanics are important to the flow of the game, that is what separates it from a narrative game like Storyteller for instance, Storyteller has a lot more fluid mechanics, DnD has a lot more hard mechanics.

Wasn't Gary Gygax really into giving everyone roleplay opportunities through things such as land and titles as a class feature?
>>
>>46920742
Which is a better class feature, some land twenty miles from the current dungeon and a few workers, or 9th level spells? Martials have always gotten the roleplay options that do nothing to help them in their job.
>>
File: 1445204372581.jpg (435 KB, 982x1440) Image search: [Google]
1445204372581.jpg
435 KB, 982x1440
>>46913847
>>46913876
What is nuclear warlord and how do I build him?
>>
>>46920742
>>46920785
What I don't get is how come martials don't get crazy superhuman feats as a result of training, like being able to leap over mountains, close interdimensional gates with their hands, or other assorted crap
>>
Is Winter Witch prestige class any good?
I knew losing 1 caster level is a taboo here but the ability to use Ice Tomb hex on everything seem too sweet to pass up.
>>
>>46920863
Basic premise is >>46914622
I realised last night the build is limited somewhat because Greatsword Battler only does Vital Strike, not Improved or Greater, but ultimately that doesn't matter too much, especially because you can take a few feats for Spirited Charge and fix that right up.
>>
>>46919807
Use a polymorph spell to turn into anything with a fly speed of at least 45 (a gargoyle is my go-to) and then also have Haste for an extra +30 ft.

The answer, as with most questions involving how to be cool in Pathfinder, involves being a gish.
>>
>>46920882

Personally I use Dark Souls and my own imagination for what seems or does not seem reasonable for a martial to do.

Jumping entire mountains sounds silly, but shunting between two places mid-swing to get a Flat-footed+flanking does not (like with Prince Lorian or Ciri from the Witcher.)

It's all in presentation, is what I guess I'm saying. Most people hear those concepts you suggested and think they're silly, anime or even childish, while stuff like "you can block dragonfire with your shield" or "enemies need to make a will save to even try and attack you" are not only reasonable to the mind's eye, they're staples of most fiction.
>>
>>46920882
Because those are cool and martials must be limited not only to Ex but to purely mundane things. Want to ne Herakles? Sorry, he was a demigod not a martial. Want to have magic? Welcome aboard, feel free to ignore that every wizard of myth and legend had an inhuman parent of some sort, or that even gods lack the spell power of a caster!
>>
>>46920952
When people say things like that are silly, I ask them if opening up portals to other worlds and calling down meteors isn't also silly
Martials don't have to be fully mundane normals with weapons
>>
>>46920379
The fact that a mistake has been made already does not validate the idea of intentionally doing it again. Any time my group encounters Ex abilities that don't make sense as Ex, they always get annoyed and confused about it. We'll laugh a little about it, but everyone knows it makes no sense and generally we want to minimize things not making sense.
>>
>>46920988
See, things like that are stupid. Honestly, becoming a high level martial should make your character a demigod, achieved through hard work and the weight of your d12 dick
>>
File: 1428833737924.jpg (72 KB, 584x720) Image search: [Google]
1428833737924.jpg
72 KB, 584x720
>>46920952
The thing is, there are already classes that get supernatural powers just from training, because this is a universe where you can master and apply your life energy.
>>
>>46913627
Literally doing it wrong, so not much you can do.

Blasters are the weakest caster theme by virtue of true genius design.
>oh gods. TEN six sided dice in one turn? that's probably too much! make that the limit and give them more of this total-mind-control crap; all our monsters have really high fort saves anyways

PoW classes are literally made to provide the blasting abilities without daily vancian limitations (every fireball is one less king you turn into your meatslave today) but without the "better alternatives" that the casters have as incentive to not blast.

They're good at what they do, which is why people with both retardation AND a large cock-shaped stick up their ass scream about how OP they are.

ALSO, CAPTCHA, FUCK YOU FOR ALL THOSE "KEEP PRESSING UNTIL NONE ARE LEFT". Half the time you "get it wrong" no matter what, or it keeps going for ten fucking seconds. Seriously. Whoever made that mode, go get raped in a fire.
>>
>>46921012
Indeed, and some 3pp stuff tries to allow that, but Paizo never will. After all, martials are jocks and jocks teased them in high school! Now is the time for brainy wizard vengeance in make believe land!
>>
File: Light Laser.png (543 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Light Laser.png
543 KB, 1024x768
>>46912869
I wanted to be the little laser. They told me I'd have to be moon-sized, but I sure showed them.

Now only my soulknife's beam is "that's a battlestation"!
>>
>>46920989

I'm saying you don't have the "it's magic" angle to fall back on for a lot of the martial abilities, like with summoning meteors I've always seen it as something like with the Comet of Casandora; an awesome visual display of light that summons flaming rocks from the heavens to smash into the earth.

For jumping mountains it just visualizes as a guy jumping and getting insane vertical. It's cool in theory but it needs that extra bit of fluff to make it sound reasonable.

Like, think of some of the shit you can pull off in Elemental Flux or Veiled Moon, you're literally launching waves of fire or blinking across rooms but, because the discipline and the ability are described in just the right way, they go from "that's odd" to "that's awesome."

Presentation is everything in this system.
>>
>>46916147
Invalidates a couple of archetypes and whatnot, but other than that doesn't really help the weapons enough to make them feel wanted.

It still helps, mind, but it's not enough and specifically steps on toes.
>>
>>46921051
If that is the reason for anyone balancing things they have more problems than just being shit at their job

>>46921096
Just fluff it as unlocking hidden potential, or blessings from nondescript war gods or something like how non-denominational paladins get their powers
>>
>>46921030

>One less King you can turn into a meatslave today

This doesn't happen, and if it does we're usually going to see it followed by "That Guy" or something. Y'all keep talking about caster supremacy and wild cheese like its something happening all the time, when in actuality most players should and do understand that being the obnoxious "I mind-control the princess to fuck my horse" type of character is a quick trip to the front door.
>>
>>46916696
That's actually quite standard. It's very difficult to make a ranged dread actually; even the Eclipse (mech variant) is better served with fangs than options. FUCKING GOOD though, it can be.

Get as many "and then intimidate" things as you can, slip in some "cancel immunity to mind-affecting" methods (they're provided, but DO read up on them) as otherwise the class would become literally useless around level 8 forever.
>>
>>46916147
You'd be better off creating a special type of crossbow that can get a stat to damage, like how composite bows get STR to damage (well, STR rating, really). Come back with ANGER CROSSBOWS that get CHA to damage or something.
>>
>>46921151
What I'm hearing is:
>The way we keep it in control isn't actually fixing it, just punishing those who play the game as it's written

The biggest example of caster supremacy is really simple spells that make them invaluable, but also infuriating. Like teleport, plane shift or invisibility. (and the better versions therein)

Have you ever tried to fight an incorporeal caster with a selective anti-magic field centered on them?

It. Is. Impossible.
>>
>>46917032
It's been a few weeks.
One partymember turned on us a little earlier than I'd hoped, so he ended up incinerated on the spot instead of any properly epic showdown [some of us knew or suspected]. Some other player was playing the biggest douche since "the jersey shore; hipster jr.hedgefund-executive edition".
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (173 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
173 KB, 250x227
Might be playing an Undead Lord despite it being pretty weak.

How can I best make use of the Corpse Companion?
>>
>>46921178
How do you get a selective Antimagic Field? If you mean Selective Spell, that only works on instantaneous effects, like Fireball.
>>
>>46919807
Aegis with Initiator Soul can do that pretty easily.
Lets say 30ft base movement speed. +30ft movement from Time Skitter/Haste. Grabs some Boots of Skate. You are at 75ft movement speed.

If Spheres of Power is on the table, then Animalistic Transformation's Land Speed trait gives you a base land speed of 80ft at lvl10. 60ft at lvl5.
>>
>>46919371
The main issue with the whole "ex/supernatural/spellike" division is that the basic books turned it completely fucktarded. Like "chokes on its own dick and dies" fucktarded.

The reason is this:
Everything was designed as spells first, and then "mundane" derived in difference to this.

But Elric, I'd like you to remember something that's too often forgotten about Golarion, DESPITE CHUNKS OF THE PUBLISHED ADVENTURES DEALING WITH IT DIRECTLY:

>Golarion has Star-Trek levels of technobabble to work with.

You can easily make (EX) things, from (Ex Aegis) to (Ex Jesus) to (Ex Fireball). There's nanolathes, forcefield generators, even temporal control devices for all this shit.

Additionally, CRITTERS can have (Ex) abilities that easily duplicate at-will something you usually do as a spell. Ex Regeneration. Ex SWIMMING THROUGH FUCKING ROCK. Ex GIANT FLYING TANK LIZARD. Ex fucking ghosts.

Both natural evolution (or gene-modding things) AND things literally designed by MATH are capable of all sorts of crazy shit.

Just because d20 says "healing ability damage is obviously magic" doesn't mean reality has no fucking doctors.
>>
>>46921155
>Glances at Psychic Armory combined with Daring Hero
>Uses charisma mod for to hit and dmg with your mind blades

>>46921178
Pretty sure selective anti-magic field cheese didn't make it back from 3.5
>>
>>46920495
That's fucking brilliant actually.

>"Resurrection? No, this ability simply points out the idiot claiming your friend was dead by covering her in entrails and dancing on a pole was goddamn stupid. Does this look dead to you? No. Ally revived"
>>
>>46921255
>>46921310

Oh, I have bad news for a teammate of mine, then.
>>
A magic item, a Medium object on its own, requiring a cart, wagon, or something to transport, has storage space inside for weapons. Anyone who stores a weapon in there for some nominal amount of time, can treat it as a +1 weapon for the next 24 hours, as long as they remain within sixty feet of the magic item.

How would you price this?
>>
>>46921330
Yeah, he will have to resort to being Invisible, Incorpreal and Mind Blanked if he wants to immune to most stuff, including detection, in PF.
>>
File: Jowani4.png (602 KB, 777x1080) Image search: [Google]
Jowani4.png
602 KB, 777x1080
Why does /pfg/ like kitsune but hate catfolk?
>>
>>46921401
Huh?
I'll gladly do some catgirls.

Actually I find it rather annoying the constant "kitsune this kitsune that"; it's half magical-realming, half "and we made sure their stats and abilities are excellent for all the things we want to do with them" as well.

I dunno if it's that too many kids watched narutos when they were young or something.
>>
>>46921294
I appreciate that argument, but I also need to remind you that I'm legally not allowed to write anything specific to Golarion. I have to keep things setting neutral.
>>
Do any of you guys have the destruction handbook for Srove.oP? I really wanna look into blasting. It's not in the t
>>
File: 1444954648449.png (341 KB, 582x900) Image search: [Google]
1444954648449.png
341 KB, 582x900
>>46921433

>and we made sure their stats and abilities are excellent for all the things we want to do with them

Kitsune have very mediocre racial abilities though, especially compared to, say, azata-blooded aasimar. (Who can be catpeople or foxpeople anyway.)
>>
>>46921446
Advanced tech is not setting specific.

You could just say that at level 14, a medic improves their healing kit into high-tech levels or some such bullshit.

It's no more ridiculous or unbelievable than them spontaneously manifesting magic.
>>
>>46920905
Going down to Sorcerer progression isn't that bad. Since that's the only negative thing about it, you'll be fine with taking the PrC.
>>
>>46921401

I'd love to play a Catfolk if their stats were more conducive to the type of character I wanted to play.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.