[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Warlock vs Magical Child Edition

What tiers would the new archetypes fall under?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6

Previous thread: >>46886073
>>
>>46895222
>What tiers would the new archetypes fall under?
Do they cast 6th level spells?
Tier 3.

Do they not?
Tier-who-the-fuck-cares

I guess implement powers can get you close enough to a spellcaster to squess into T4.
>>
>>46895222
>What tiers would the new archetypes fall under?
Brute should get a tier all to itself, somewhere south of commoner.
>>
>>46895330
He's sharing the same spot as the Kineticist more or less.
>>
>Two posters before this post, including OP
I smell a samefag.
>>
Jesus would be a charlatan/evangelist
>>
>>46895382
Sadly, it was just OP and poster 1, trying to start a discussion

Also
>Implying 4chan isn't just 5 people and 100 sockpuppet IPs.
>>
File: Power Levels in Golarion.png (267 KB, 384x456) Image search: [Google]
Power Levels in Golarion.png
267 KB, 384x456
>>46894453

Wes Schneider was using settlement rules from a previous edition.

The GMG has settlement rules, but it doesn't include a way to determine the highest level NPC in the area. The best you can do is go by the highest level of spellcasting available in the city, but it doesn't include how many lower level NPCs with class levels exist.

>http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gameMasteryGuide/settlements.html

It also depends on the power level of the campaign setting. Eberron has much fewer high and mid level NPCs while Faerun has more.

The Inner Sea Primer gives more clarification for Golarion.
>>
>>46895401
At least the sock puppets are subtle.
>>
>>46895401
Now now, friend. We wouldn't want to discriminate against our sockpuppet friends. They deserve as much respect as anyone else.

https://youtu.be/dCbHV2ED9hQ
>>
File: Useable 3.PF Classes.png (2 MB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Useable 3.PF Classes.png
2 MB, 800x1000
I honestly don't get why they keep adding magical classes at all. Wizard, Magus, and Summoner can pretty much be sculpted to fit any kind of magical character concept you could think of. Everything else feels kind of superfluous...
>>
>>46895496
Cuz the game's based on having a multitude of classes, not a small amount.
>>
>>46895496
Because coming up with new nonmagical classes gets really hard, but you can make magic up.
>>
>>46895496
Because Paizo hates martials.

You have to use magic to have your PC do things you see in comic books and other media in this system, or be very high level.
>>
>>46895558
>>46895584

Yeah, but why make a class that a Wizard can do better? Like... Witch, for example, is just a Wizard with some re-useable spells. What's the point, just make it an Archetype. Magical Child is pretty much a summoner with a incredibly pointless 5-round transformation sequence that you could probably do easier with an "Alter Self" item...
>>
>>46895440
>Eberron has much fewer high and mid level NPCs while Faerun has more.
Eberron has plenty once you get outside the main area. There's one city down on that dragon continent that has the average commoner as somewhere around 11th level, I think. And it's run by a bunch of level 25-30 NPCs.
>>
File: Don't_take_the_bait.gif (1 MB, 480x286) Image search: [Google]
Don't_take_the_bait.gif
1 MB, 480x286
>>46895611
>>
>>46895222
>nanoha vs. madoka
Well that's just mean, it wouldn't be in-character for her at all, I think. It's not even a visually interesting or appealing image, Madoka's crying.
0/10
>>
File: 1461373815985.png (65 KB, 316x230) Image search: [Google]
1461373815985.png
65 KB, 316x230
>>46895611
>>
>>46895611
I mean, as long as we doing it like that, a Swashbuckler is just a Fighter with a few unique feats.

So we really only need two classes. Fighter and Wizard. And, like, Magus to cover half-casters.
Do you want to play that game? It has a name. It's Numenera.
>>
>>46895222
>Nanoha
>Warlock
Clearly Nanoha is a Blaster Arcanist

>Madoka
>Magical Child
>Not Patron Goddess of Magical Girls

>>46895639
Better?
>>
>>46895680
Much better, thanks for that.
I'm not a fan of pics that are summed up by 'character artist doesn't like gets wrecked by character artist does like.'
Then again those might be by the same artist given the composition and subject but w/e.
>>
>>46895680
>Madoka
>Not Sakura

I would challenge you to a duel sirrah, but I have a game to get to.
>>
File: fH2Ctyo.jpg (159 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fH2Ctyo.jpg
159 KB, 1920x1080
>>46895715
We all know Sakura is the strongest Mahou Shoujo in fiction but she's also a fucking pacifist.

Nanoha would be at 2nd in terms of powerlevel

Madoka is at 3rd, (inb4 she's jeebus) her powers, despite being reality-warping and godlike, only work against witches.

Next would be the Symphogays

And then Sailor Moon, Cutie Honey and the PreCures

Although not Mahou Shoujos, Lina Inverse and Megumin would be on par with Nanoha in terms of destructive potential
>>
What are some good sources of flat damage similar to power attack?

Also, are there any items that cast spells on you, similar to contingency?

Lastly, any ways to get spirited mount quickly. It's a hell of a feat investment.
>>
>>46895780
Weapon Specialization, if you have an effective Fighter level
>>
>>46895339
Doing nothing at all in the party is more useful than being detrimental to your party.
>>
>>46895780
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/risky-striker-combat-halfling

Yes, it stack with Power Attack.
>>
>>46895399
If Jesus hurts your feelings, then replace mentions of Jesus with a guy with level 3 and 5 cleric spells and such (possibly a few level 7s) like curing the blind and sick and raise dead and such, then you can participate in grown up conversations about fictional beings.
>>
File: madoka-cast.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
madoka-cast.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>46895222
>Spellslinger Wizard
>Myrmidarch Magus
>Warlord with Eldritch Heritage feats.
>Sorcadin into Eldritch Knight.
>Time Thief 3rd party class with Master Craftsman and gunsmithing/tech weapon feats.
>>
>>46895778
>Megumin would be on par with Nanoha in terms of destructive potential

kek. no. Megumin's explosion is on par with Nanoha's Starlight Buster.

Except Megumin can only cast once per day while Nanoha is pretty much casting it at-will
>>
>>46895636
Really? I don't recall that. This is one of my pet peeves about Eberron actually, Secrets of Sarlona and Xendrik provide stats for mid-high NPC type opponents you could theoretically but nag you about how these guys are rare, special, above the level of NPCs that generally exist...

I only have a very vague understanding of Eberron beyond the kewl powerz so correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>46895611
A much better analogy is to look at the obscure Monte Cook book, Arcana Unearthed. It split spells into Simple, Complex, and Exotic, Exotic were specialty spells you generally need a feat or class feature for, Complex were fancy wizard spells of various sorts, Simple were the baseline. Simple amounts to basically what witches can cast, while wizards can generally cast Simple and Complex tier.

The witch is basically an arcane caster that trades Complex spells for an at will disabling effect.
>>
Ok can someone stat some zelda bosses ? maybe ganon (ocarina of time), bongo bongo and volvagia preferable.
>>
>>46895639
The picture is a parody of an iconic scene in which Nanoha is in the position Madoka is in.
>>
File: 1461551285231.jpg (128 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461551285231.jpg
128 KB, 500x500
>>46895680
>Madoka
>Patron Goddess of Magical Girls
>Domains include Lesbianism

How else do you explain why 90% of the casts in mahou shoujo shows are gay?
>>
File: 1427004492153.jpg (163 KB, 790x790) Image search: [Google]
1427004492153.jpg
163 KB, 790x790
>>46896522
Mami is a Spellslinger
Kyouko is a Zwei Sentinel with Piercing Thunder and Thrashing Dragon
Sayaka is a PsyArm Warsoul with Sleeping Goddess
Madoka is a Chosen One Paladin / Oracle
Homu is a Gunsmoke Mystic with Riven Hourglass
Lucifer Homu is Antipaladin
>>
Guys, we should bully DSP into making a Vigilante archetype who initiator stat runs on Charisma.
>>
Okay /pfg/, a friend of mine's been given teh okay to have an owlbear companion for their hunter in an upcoming 9th level oneshot.

I'm looking to help them minmax the fuck out of it--feats, spells, DSP is allowed and encouraged.
>>
File: owlbears.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
owlbears.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>46896687
forgot pic
>>
>>46896687
There's a DSP ranger archetype that grants their animal companion the Primal Fury discipline. iirc.
>>
>>46896704
They've got their heart set on (melee) hunter, sadly.
>>
>>46896628
Its more lesbian subtext.
>>
>>46896563
It's in the Dragons of Eberron book. Io'lokar, City of Knowledge.

>From the highest to the
>lowest, the Io’lokari are unequaled warriors, brilliant
>sages, powerful spellcasters, and masters of the arts of
>a dozen races.
>Most NPCs in the city have levels in three or more
>classes—a primary vocation (often handed down from
>parent to child), secondary vocations taken from interest,
>and a spellcasting class (typically adept or sorcerer).
>Children here take their fi rst class levels by early adolescence.
>The Io’lokari are the masters of vocations both
>great and mundane, and all reap the benefi t of their
>advanced society. A lowly clerk living in the Freeward
>might well be a 7th-level expert/8th-level adept whose
>accumulated knowledge would make a Morgrave professor
>weep.

Several levels to it.

First level is typically 11th level characters.
Second level is generally 12th-15th level.
Third level is generally 16th-17th level.
Fourth level is generally 18th-19th level.
Fifth level is 20+.

Some of the city leaders:

* Elf diviner 19 / dragon prophet 5 / warrior 1
* Human fighter 12 / ranger 5 / dragonrider 5
* Elder Stone Giant sorcerer 8 / paladin 10
* Half-elf paladin 12 / fighter 14 / wizard 3
* Gnome bard 12 / wizard 5 / seeker of the song 5

It's a pretty ridiculous place, full of very high magic fantasy, and if they really felt like it they could roll over most of the planet without much trouble.
>>
File: 1427888376482.jpg (600 KB, 900x750) Image search: [Google]
1427888376482.jpg
600 KB, 900x750
>>46896736
>subtext
Did you totally forget about AI YO?
>>
>>46895222
>Vigilante
Vigilante (Stalker) is Tier 4
Vigilante (Avenger) is Tier 4
Vigilante (Brute) is probably lower end of Tier 5
Vigilante (Magical Child) is Tier 3
Vigilante (Cabalist) is Tier 3
Vigilante (Zealot) is Tier 3
Vigilante (Warlock) is Tier 3
Vigilante (Mounted Fury) is Tier 4
Vigilante (Psychometrist) is high Tier 4, maybe Tier 3
Vigilante (Wildsoul) is Tier 4
Vigilante (Gunmaster) is probably Tier 5
>>
>>46896687
Melee Hunter?
Okay, Hunters aren't rangers - they're better but for functionally different reasons. Namely, sharing teamwork feats with his companion to get more attacks than would be possible.

First off, get Ring of Ferocious Action + Stick Together teamwork feat.
You and your companion now have Pounce.

Build yourself into a dexterity-based crit-fisher. Use DSP's deadly agility feat and improved critical. Do the same for your animal companion. Grab Seize the Moment teamwork feat.

Hunter's animal companions know Ranger skirmisher tricks. Grab Entangling Attack and that other Trick that lets the animal companion get a free AoO if an enemy attempts to target an adjacent ally.

Remember that animal companions can learn monster feats.
Awesome Blow + Minotaur's Charge on a large charging animal companion is awesome.

Snatch and Crush is great if you can Enlarge your companion. Snatch is a free grab attack. Crush is a free pin attack.
>>
>>46896946
some good advice, much appreciated! i'm assuming other things like flanking (outflank, broken wing gambit, etc) and such are good to follow through on as well?
>>
>>46896793
AI YO?
I think yuri's as hawt as the next guy but it annoys me when people try to present possibilities as certainties.
>>
>>46896778
>It's a pretty ridiculous place, full of very high magic fantasy, and if they really felt like it they could roll over most of the planet without much trouble.

The giants and dragons too.

Anyway, that's totally frikkin bizarre. Star Trek-ish, in fact. I already knew Eberron was a place with weird POWER LEVELS?!?
>>
Are magical children any good? I wanna play a cute witch grill next time.
>>
>>46897347
Worst.
Unchained summoner spell list without an eidolon.
DSP Aegis is a much better magical girl.
>>
>>46897347

Eh, they have a spell list and some stuff... but why not just play a summoner, witch or even a bard instead?
>>
>>46897385
>>46897371
>>46897347
Sounds like a cute variant class, although just a plain witch or whatever is probably fine unless you and your DM likes the social/combat division, but I'm not sure I understand what they were going for. Specifically, why did they pick summoner of all things for the magical girl archetype?

Doubtless, there's a summoner magical girl franchise somewhere, but I offhand can't think of any. I'm sure this makes me an uncultured boor, but ... yeah.

Rydia? She doesn't really transform back and forth...
>>
>>46897543
Card captor Sakura.
Except she was arguably a conjurer wizard instead thanks to some of her ridiculously strong abilities being comparable to 9th level spells.
>>
>>46895399
Well aren't you edgy
>>
>>46897543
>Specifically, why did they pick summoner of all things for the magical girl archetype?
Because you've got it backwards, anon. They made a generic summoner archetype, then stuck the magical girl label on it to get some extra sales off of the weeb market.

Pic related, weebs been baited.
>>
Magical girl should obviously be a Kineticist-Vigilante hybrid class.
>>
>>46897574
Ah that makes sense.
>>
>>46897611
are you implying that magical girls are some kind of horrifying shit amalgam
>>
>>46897836
well the basic class is Batman/Superman and they're certainly maligned too, it is for an intrigue themed campaign
>>
>>46897574
At the very least, it was obvious enough that I will pirate the book long before I even consider thinking about possibly MAYBE spending even a single cent on it.

>>46897836
As a general rule, anybody who implies something should be Kineticist-like means, "It should be like a Kineticist, if a Kineticist was good."
>>
>>46896778
Stop shitposting about Eberron while Anonymous, Forrest.
>>
>>46896655
>Mami is a Spellslinger

No, gunsmoke mystic.

>Madoka is a Chosen One Paladin / Oracle

Hell no. Warlord.
>>
>>46897894

I asked him a question, and he replied. How is that shitposting?
>>
>>46897908
Do warlords like... fire energy bows of fading amethyst flame that rain down on people? is that a thing? Or is it just a joke because Madoka usually does fuck all and warlords who do fuck all themselves are GR8?
>>
>>46895680
Nanoha's an E.Flux Mystic with a standard Aegis Dip.

She doesn't fucking run out of blasts after 4-5 shots, and it's supernatural tech weapons anyways
>>
>>46895780
Linked Striker ups your enhancement bons by +2 (AND +2d6) once you hit.

Collision is a +2 bonus enhancement that adds +5 flat damage

If the reason you want "flat" is so it multiplies, you can say the increased weapon dice of making the weapon bigger and/or virtually-bigger are there as well. 1d6 averages out to 3.5 after all.
>>
>>46898036
Warlords can in fact do the former with the right maneuvers (and/or items, there's various ways of doing energy bows), AND the latter, with gambits and things like golden lion effects.
>>
File: 1461536777957.png (1 MB, 733x951) Image search: [Google]
1461536777957.png
1 MB, 733x951
Rework this how?
>>
>>46898184
Why are people suddenly so fucking keen on fixing a level 19 ranger?
>>
>>46898194
Because the dude is fabulous as fuck
>>
>>46898184
Rebuild him as a Nature Fang druid. It's literally just a T1/T2 ranger.
>>
>>46898184
Mage hunters are actually one of my favorite RPG concepts and one of the things rangers do well in 3e, so its pig disgusting to see someone trying it without any relevant class features and barely any relevant magic items to begin with. Favored Enemy Arcane and Shooting Star ACFs have some decent stuff for it, magebane arrows and weapons (+1 equivalent, but counts as bane) seems obvious.

If you like Path of War there's a PrC for it.
>>
>>46898220
>>46898264
What's in pow that'll suit?
>>
>>46898220
Wow nice. Paizo made a slayer talent just for killing catgirls, HAHAHHAHA
>>
>>46898300
The Mage Hunter PrC, its got martial adept maneuvers and up to sixth level spells.
>>
>>46898300
Depends on how much of the original build you want to retain.

PoW:E has the Ambush Hunter archetype for rangers, which gives you an animal companion with limited initiating on top of your own initiating.

Any PoW class or archetype can get into the Mage Hunter PrC for access to magus spells, some pseudo-spellstrike stuff and maneuver advancement.

For actual mage hunting, I like Harbinger with Riven Hourglass, Shattered Mirror and Mithral Current. Oddly enough, works best with the April Fool's Day Edge Lord archetype so that you can get the katana support up and running in a timely fashion. I would probably move into Mage Hunter after 8th level in that case.
>>
>>46898184
Set CR to 14, keep stats and levels as is.
Also, fuck off already.
>>
>>46898444
How about you give actually helpful advice
>>
Is it true there is a place in Golarion that, if you were to throw a bomb into it, everyone would die?
>>
>>46898220
Goddamn this archetype is pretty fucking strong
>>
>>46898497
How about you fuck off already?
>>
File: b88b8b8b8b.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
b88b8b8b8b.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>46898184
I think you could really improve the character if you stopped posting it in every fucking thread.
>>
>>46898625
How about you fuck off yourself you colossal turbotard
>>
>>46898612

I've always wondered what would happen if you threw a compromised Numerian fission reactor into the Pit of Gormuz.
>>
What does pfg think?
http://www.tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=50083
>>
>>46898806

That was 7 years ago, by most standards that's old enough to ignore since so much has changed, like your wife's son going from a little squalling infant to the star of the football and basketball team.
>>
>>46898806
>>46898843
Also Frank is a fucking egostitical colossal piece of cumstained shit
>>
>>46898843
Didn't expect to find cuck humor here, nice.
>>
Is the card game any good?
How is it for single player?
What's the best base set to go with?
>>
>>46898895
Can't be very good, otherwise people would at least occasionally talk about it.
>>
say i'm a starting DM, how can i make my players invested?
also i've created some pretty interesting classes, while they seem to want to adhere to the "almighty book"
>>
>>46898950
More detail would probably be helpful. Generally speaking though, you can't really force people to play something they don't want to play.
>>
>>46898950
>starting GM
>created some pretty interesting classes

Chances are the classes are not nearly as great as you think.
>>
>>46899012
the issue is not that they don't want to play, but rather that they either don't trust me, are rule freaks or just plain lazy...

i'm trying to build a pretty entertaining campaign: i've prepared a fuckton of branching paths to let them do whatever, but the still look for clues, as a kind of meta-game, as if finding my intentions is the real objective.

in a previous campaign one of the players was the dm and he keeps trying to be as much of a nuisance as possible...
>>
>>46899064
i mean i made interesting npcs...
btw, long time player, first time DM...
i know what i'm talking about
>>
>>46899089
Personally, I would not play a DM's custom classes. Chances are, your players have narrowed down what they want to play months or years in advance, and don't want to change their ideal character to please you.
>>
>>46899112
read this >>46899112
i tried to be inventive, making some pretty enticing examples and the most variation we had was a true neutral knoweledge paladin
>>
>>46899140
i mean read this >>46899100
everyoone is pretty pumped, but setting up a session is a pain because everyone keeps talking "over" of the game
>>
>>46899100
>>46899165

If you know what you're talking about, you're not communicating it very well.
>>
>>46898184
By spamming it in every General for the next week!
>>
File: 1456952098450.jpg (25 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
1456952098450.jpg
25 KB, 500x289
>>46898497
>>46898705
IF YOU DIDN'T GET AN ANSWER YOU WANTED THE LAST THREE TIMES YOU'RE PROBABLY NOT GOING TO GET IT. GIVE UP ALREADY.
>>
Planning on making a martial class in an upcoming campaign who uses a pickaxe as his primary weapon.

Obviously I'm going to go the usual weapon focus/power attack shenanigans but not sure where to go from that since I usually play spellcasters and im fairly inexperienced with the system. What class do you think would be best for it?
>>
>>46899362
What level, what content is allowed, dex or strength (I'm assuming strength), define "martial."
>>
>>46899383
It's starting at level 3 but I'm planning more ahead then that, most likely up to around level 10. My DM has a habit of giving us early levels very quickly. Strength based and he's open to most splatbooks.

By martial I mean I'll be hitting shit with my pick most of the time, with less focus on spells.
>>
>>46899665
> he's open to most splatbooks.
3rd party Y/N?

>By martial I mean I'll be hitting shit with my pick most of the time, with less focus on spells.

Does not narrow things down. A cleric can do that.
>>
>>46895222
Speaking of warlock and the intrigue archetypes, I wanna make a warlock that uses POW stuff with their mystic bolts (as they count as range weapons OR melee weapons)

Whats the best way to go about this? Just take the feat chain or should I actively drop levels in an initiator class?

And whats that feat that lets you count other weapons as discipline weapons?
>>
>>46898184
Replace it with a stalker vigilante with the sniper talent, which (I think?) is the only way to get unlimited sneak attack range

then murder them from 100's of feet away with a composite longbow or a rifle before they see you coming
>>
>>46899698
He usually gives the "I'll have to look at it" response to third party books, but has yet to deny me anything.

So maybe I guess? I'd probably just say yes for simplicity.
>>
>>46898303
No no, you see, the Catfolk Slayer talent makes you a catfolk who is a good slayer, not a slayer of catfolk.
>>
>>46899744
Is there anyway to maintain "unaware" status, so d8 sneak attack doesn't become d4?
>>
>>46899665
Dwarf are proficient with pickaxe. Go with Dwarf Cleric or Inquisitor?
>>
>>46895496
>not picking Diviner

I TOLD YA SO
>>
File: really.gif (1 MB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
1 MB, 540x405
>>46895778
>>46896559
>mfw people don't realize Giga Slave could end reality
>>
>>46900041
Hey Lina Inverse! How's Luna doing?
>>
File: 1440749138689.jpg (378 KB, 2228x1974) Image search: [Google]
1440749138689.jpg
378 KB, 2228x1974
So, how does a valet familiar interact with Amazing Tools of Manufacture? Is it still "doubling" how much you can do (4k in an hour), or is it just increasing it to 3k of work/hour?

On a related note, how much does your party tend to ignore familiars while things are going on? As an Alchemist with the go-ahead to be crafting shit, I want to grab tumor familiar for the valet bonuses, but I'm starting to get really worried about having too many things tagging along with the actual PCs and serving as extra distractions. Especially if the GM does indeed give a green light for leadership.
>>
>>46898184
>Mage hunter
>14 will
>level 8 arcanist can drop dc 22 hold person pretty easily before wbl items/other feats can boost that up to at least a 50/50 shot
>No dust of apperance
>No way to deal with flight or invisibility at all
>19 touch ac
>Rework this how?
From the ground up scrap that entire thing and start something new that isnt inherently flawed.
My suggestion would be scrap ranger for unchained rogue, so that you can entirely focus in melee, also prestige it into shadow dancer so it can get access to in class teleportation and hide in plain sight.
>>
Doesn't warlock with some POW manouvers do everything kineticist does but way better?
>>
>>46900128
Well you could also just keep your cohorts to make you goods, that you will eventually turn into magical items, your follower and your familiar to specifically help you craft stuff. And keep them largely out of the proper fights unless it is a camp time ambush.
>>
>>46900149
That works if you want to make something that accurately adheres to the title of "Mage Hunter," but that specific (spammed) screencap comes from the NPC Codex, and is the book's entry for a level 19 Ranger. It has entries for every core class levels 1-20, ten levels of each NPC class, and about 3 builds each for the core prestige classes. The intent is to have some quick sources on NPC stats for your players to deal with. Why you would need a quickie 19th level Ranger to throw at your players I have no idea, but there it is. CR 18 because that's how Paizo thinks you should scale Challenge Rating.
>>
>>46900212
Oh I thought the question was how do I make a mage hunter that doesn't suck ass, not how do I make a level 18 ranger that doesn't suck ass.
>>
>>46900233
No one really knows what the question is. He's posted this about 4 times now and never seems to get whatever phantom answer he wants. It might be a tumor.
>>
File: sakura-kinomoto-13.jpg (89 KB, 679x824) Image search: [Google]
sakura-kinomoto-13.jpg
89 KB, 679x824
>>46900041
Are we assuming that every alternate reality also sprang from the Sea of Chaos then? Because if it only ends the Slayers universe that's still just a tiny bit less impressive than some of the other listed characters who can potentially create new universes.
>>
>>46900368
Are we just turning into Magical Girl General?
>>
>>46900395
I don't see an issue with that.
>>
>>46900368
She can? She has potentially god-like powers but i did not know to that extent
>>
So my friends and I are starting a modified Jade Regent tonight and so far the only class that's be decided is a ravenlord harbinger. I want to play a PoW/PoW2 class that can best utilize the Chimera Soul Discipline from the Lords of the Wild playtest, I was considering being a skinwalker for flavor reasons, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Any disciplines that accompany chimera soul well?
>>
>>46900128
Your cohorts shouldn't become characters onto themselves, they shouldn't have conversations with other characters or influence the world without your character being directly involved, I'd recommend going the caravan route and have them trial behind you like camp followers.

You see a lot of comments in theses threads about a homunculus, familiar or pet completely dominating the actual characters role in the adventures so believe me, it fucking happens a lot.
>>
>>46900425
It's implied at the end of the manga that her power has nowhere to go but up, and at that point I'd say she's already pushing that limit by creating Sakura Cards.
>>
>>46900473
Broken Blade and Thrashing Dragon both have some natural attack support. They're on the higher end of the damage spectrum though so that might cause issues for you.

Most disciplines work fine together even if they don't outright state it. The mix and match nature of the system makes it pretty flexible.
>>
File: 1383863490241.jpg (339 KB, 710x508) Image search: [Google]
1383863490241.jpg
339 KB, 710x508
Lads, I need a good idea for a character in one of them fancy Living World campaigns, DSP is allowed (along with most other 3pp content) but I'm honestly at a loss for just what I should exactly make.

I want to make something more interesting than Fighterman the Adventurer but a bit less predictable than a Kingmaker or Generic Mercenary Man.

Should I make the wealthiest landowner in the system? How do I go about that, ideally?
>>
>>46900493
Doesn't she give up her wand and magic somewhere between the end of that and the start of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle? Although I didn't get all the way through Reservoir, so I wouldn't know what exactly wound up happening.
>>
>>46898843
>>46898869
It's also mostly correct, as it deals with the underlying base system, not the things heaped on top of it.
>>
File: 1448707161999.png (123 KB, 434x588) Image search: [Google]
1448707161999.png
123 KB, 434x588
>>46900841
Roll everything

>http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/characterBackground/backgroundGenerator.html
>>
>>46900841

Make a sniper. Build a big tower.
>>
what's the standard AC gear for a magus at mid-high level?
>>
>>46900932
>It's also mostly correct
That's the worst thing. I'm still convinced FrankTrollman is a Greenronin employee.
>>
>>46900974
A big bell tower, and then rent out the land around it to a collage.
>>
>>46897894
That can't be Forrest. Forrest's too anal about formatting to copy text from a PDF like that.
>>
>>46901018

Should I plant white trees at certain locations and use them as reference points?
>>
>>46901176
Yes.
>>
>>46901006
What kind of Magus?

It may not matter too much, since you will need things that grant concealment bonuses (Cloak of Displacement) over AC.

Your concern isn't swordsmen. It's creatures using magic and other supernatural abilities.
>>
>>46901176
Is there some reference I'm missing here?
>>
>>46898877
Cuck humour is the worst and I can't understand how it's become the default insult here on 4chan.

> inb4 "you're a cuck lol I'm so funny"
>>
Yo, can any of you guys hook me up with Gonzo 2? These classes sound amazing.
>>
Mates, can someone give me some advice for make a good bard? i heard its a shitty class but i find them useful in many ways
>>
>>46901658
Speaking of Magi, is the new(ish) Touch of Blindness spell from Blood of Shadows work grabbing with Spell Blending as a Magus?

A touch from your hand, which is engulfed in darkness, disrupts a creature's vision by coating its eyes in supernatural darkness. Each touch causes the target to become blinded for 1 round unless it makes a successful Fortitude saving throw. You can use this melee touch attack up to one time per caster level. Any touch attack not used after 1 round per caster level is lost.
>>
File: 1429470898807.jpg (18 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1429470898807.jpg
18 KB, 224x225
>>46901773
>bard
>shitty class
>>
>>46901773
When you make the character, on the part where it says select alignment pick Neutral Good.
>>
>>46901658
Strength based magus. Standard critfishing-shocking grasp tactic.
>>
>>46901860
we have a paladin, a ranger, a cleric and sorcerer and they said a witch or wizard would be more useful for the party

>>46901895
Why?
>>
>>46901957
>Mates, can someone give me some advice for make a good bard?
>>
File: Sati - Halfling Bard (rlanghi).jpg (162 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
Sati - Halfling Bard (rlanghi).jpg
162 KB, 1024x724
>>46901773
>http://zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html

Look under "Bard."

>>46901920
I just looked under the above guides. There isn't much that describes equipment selection, other than getting a mithral buckler and celestial armor.
>>
>>46901981
kek.

>>46902027
thanks!
>>
>>46902027
What weapon are you using?
>>
>>46901957
You've already got a Cleric and Sorcerer, what would a Wizard or Witch bring that a Bard doesn't?

Either way, what builds are they going?

I'd properly go the Magician archetype which is frankly ridiculous.
>>
>>46896946
>>46896974
I made a battle herald npc with an understudy with the crit based teamwork feats. They had keen rapiers. They alchemist/barbarian got flanked and wrecked in one round. It was an absolute shit show. Outflank + seize the moment + paired opportunist.
>>
>>46901744
Just buy it dude.
>>
would it be better to be a jack of all trades or choose a path from the start?
>>
>>46902280
Have the context for this question?
>>
>>46902314
sure, party is
warrior - muh big axe
paldinv- "that's wroooongg"
warrior - muh SnS
ranger? - honestly dunno
>>
>>46901679

The giant archer in the huge bell tower in Dark Souls 3 uses white trees as reference points for his shooting.
>>
>>46902145
Paladin of Torag, he is the tank, the ranger is the ranged attacker with composite longbow, the cleric is some sort of sneaky guy with trickery domain i think with Calistria or something like that and the sorcerer have the bloodline that makes him a psychic and some archetype for use divine magic, he is gonna be the blaster, debuffer i think.

Why magician archetype?
>>
>>46902369
how about an AoE-thingy?
>>
File: 1433018379437.jpg (49 KB, 499x826) Image search: [Google]
1433018379437.jpg
49 KB, 499x826
>>46902369
>he is the tank
>tank
>>
>>46902406
i think bards have options for be what they want, so my idea is help the team with some support habilities, and mess with enemy frontlines and magician if possible

>>46902429
Kek.
>>
>>46895496
Where's the Sorcerer and the Arcanist and the Witch?
>>
File: 1456362021065.gif (174 KB, 538x360) Image search: [Google]
1456362021065.gif
174 KB, 538x360
WHAT ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT BUILDINGS I NEED TO GET IF I WANT TO FOUND A MILITANT ORDER?

I'm talking straight up Knights Templar or Teutonic Order type shit.
>>
>>46898705
>>turbotard
I now have my vigilante's 'hero' type name.
>>
Help me out with my BBEG design, /pfg/. I've got some questions.
a) Are any of the recent Aegis customizations that grant things like maneuvers/veils/whatever compatible with Aberrant?
b) If you could gain the abilities of any ooze - any abilities at all, not just the standard polymorph-permitted ones - what would you pick, assuming a natural attack build and a violent personality?

Build is a mythic Cave Druid / Aberrant Aegis drider, a fleshwarping prodigy who went beyond-drow-standard nuts and turned her talents inward.

Pic kinda related but not intentionally.
>>
>>46902869

Barracks, Castle, Fort, Garrison

Smithy and Jail too
>>
>>46902952
The maneuver customizations are explicitly compatible with aberrant aegis. Can't comment on the others off hand.
>>
>>46902869
A brothe- oh, I mean a nunnery.
>>
>It's a "it makes sense that full casters are overpowered because magic has no rules or limits" episode
>>
>>46903245
How would you go about removing all rules and limits from swords?
>>
File: 1457748053234.gif (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1457748053234.gif
2 MB, 800x600
>>46903300

You can't, because unlike magic we have quantifiable limits and rules to wielding swords - for example, it is impossible for one to know how to hit someone hard with their sword unless first training themselves to do so.
>>
>>46903300
Anyone holding a sword spontaneously gains the powers of a sorcerer with a level equap to have the swordsman's HD. Spells known are keyed to a particular sword, so you can't set it down and pick it up to pick out new spells.
>>
>>46903245
You just want to watch the world burn, dont you?
>>
>>46903245
>Martial character can't do X without huge penalty/massive training because otherwise it would be unrealistic

>Never-mind the fact that monsters and magic exist that completely violate the laws of physics and all other kinds of science shit, because min maxers and bad gameplay design from AD&D means that warriors are stupid and spellcasters are smart. Since I'm also smart that means the smart class is the best because fuck you
>>
>>46903300
Give Terry Crews a sword?
>>
>>46903414

BUT ANON, BEING THAT MARTIAL MEANS VICTORY OVER THOSE TERRIBLE THREATS IS ALL THE SWEETER.
>>
am I missing something or is the shadow aspect wilder broken as fuck
>>
What are good staring weapons for a Half-Orc Cavalier (Aside from a lance of course)?
>>
>>46903480

Respect your cultural heritage. Buy a Falchion.
>>
can I alchemists familiar throw bombs for him if it has hands?
>>
>>46903480
His dick.
>>
Effective telekinetic fighter its possible without 3pp material? How many weapons can i use at the same time?
>>
>>46903569
But Anon, I already aside from his lance.
>>
>>46903625
Fine, if you want actual advice, ask your DM if you can fill a Battle Aspergillum with alchemists fire, and RP as Sauron.
>>
File: sfVOxwe.jpg (542 KB, 1198x2276) Image search: [Google]
sfVOxwe.jpg
542 KB, 1198x2276
>>46903570
Occultist can kinda manage it at 9th with the telekinetic mastery power.
>Telekinetic Mastery (Sp): As a standard action, you can expend 1 point of mental focus to grant yourself telekinetic power. This functions as telekinesis, except you don’t need to concentrate on the effect to maintain it, and using any one of its effects is a standard action. This effect lasts for 1 round per occultist level you possess. You must be at least 9th level to select this focus power.

Gotta cheese it up with colossal mithral rapiers or something similar to get good base damage, but you can wind up with something like 4d6 a hit and then start stacking non-ability-score-based bonuses onto your hit and damage numbers. Getting attacks equal to your level every round should make up the faults.

Psychometrist Vigilante would give you the same with full BAB or pseudo-sneak-attack, but less total focus and thus less uses per day.
>>
>>46903570

Aether/X Telekineticist with Conductive Daggers of Doubling
>>
Odd question...but at level 13, about where should a fighter's AC be?
>>
>>46903927
>>46904122

Thank you so much, both seems great options
>>
>>46904232
At that high levels, AC really isn't a great defence, but if you want it to be significant, level+20 is what you should be aiming at.
>>
>>46904232
27 minimum, that's a 50% miss chance against the low-end attack of CR 13 monsters. 31 is a good target to aim for, if you're still using AC as your main defense at that level, which you really shouldn't be. Invest in a cloak of displacement before you spend your way up to that.
>>
>>46902869
The Holy Sepulcher.
>>
>Boneshard Bomb*
>Prerequisite(s) Must possess the alchemical zombie discovery
>Benefit(s) The alchemist's bomb deals piercing damage instead of fire damage, and creatures that take a direct hit from a boneshard bomb must succeed at a Fortitude save or take 1d4 points of bleed damage in addition to normal damage. If a creature is killed by a boneshard bomb or the resulting bleed effect, its corpse immediately reanimates as an undead creature with the skeleton template. Skeletons that are created in this manner count as undead created by animate dead for the purposes of determining how many undead the alchemist can control.

How do I best take advantage of this?
>>
Is this true about kitsune?
>>
>>46904725
You... throw it at people? It's just giving you disposable mooks for the next fight in exchange for putting up with DR in the current one.
>>
File: 51244649.jpg (19 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
51244649.jpg
19 KB, 300x200
>>46904772

With the use of racial feats, kitsune butts possess powers of disguise, charm, misdirection, invisibility, suggestion, displacement, confusion, and domination, but they are no more gifted with ESP than any other race's butts.

More importantly, why in God's good name do you need to know such a thing?
>>
>>46904725
You find lots of people who are at 0 or lower health amounts, put them all into a pile and throw an explosive version and receive skeletons

if you want a plot hook involving this, you gotta look no further than the dread investigator

at level 7 they learn a special version of undead anatomy 1 that they can use on dying/unconscious people. if they use this on someone dying they get a bunch of temp health points while the effect lasts

Here's the trick through. you can make this work like undead anatomy 2 instead, but the duration is much shorter and at the end of the effect they fall back to -1 HP. you can also choose to delay the effect and activate it later.

So here's the plot, an alchemist and an investigator hang out in the dark corners of town peddling this miracle cure that can revive you from death and make you even stronger than you were before, then when the guys pass out from the side effects off you go to the skeleton dungeon to be skeletonized
>>
File: 1397130299776.jpg (213 KB, 2248x1686) Image search: [Google]
1397130299776.jpg
213 KB, 2248x1686
GM'ing a party 4 lvl 3-4s, what are some good monsters I can send against them in a swamp-dungeon?
>>
>>46904908
/pfg/ is degenerates and DSP.
>>
>>46905205
Well the classics would be snakes, eels, hedorah, aligators/crocs, maybe wyrmling through young green dragons
>>
>>46903300
All weapons scale as a monk's unarmed strikes/warpriest's sacred weapon in the hands of anyone with no casting or 4th-level casting. They scale as the above - 3 for 6th-level casters, and don't scale at all for 9th-level casters.
>>
>>46905339
>6.5 damage per attack at level 20 will somehow make martials appreciably better

How about no. Not dealing enough damage is only a problem if you're totally incompetent.
>>
I know the general rule of thumb for attacking in Pathfinder is that static modifiers and other bonuses matter much more than your actual damage dice, but if you're playing with house rules that mean you'll frequently get to automatically deal maximum damage with your damage dice, would it be worth stacking size increases to your damage dice?
>>
>>46905422
Depends on the specifics, anon.
>>
>>46905413
That might not be the only thing though.

All characters with no spellcasting choose three, one of each: A bloodline, a mystery, and a domain. They can cast each spell on those lists a number of times per day each equal to their highest mental ability modifier, to a minimum of each spell being able to be cast 1 time a day each. 4th-level casters like Paladins and Rangers get two of their choice, 6th-level casters get 1, and 9th-level casters get none (other than what they would normally have from their class, such as clerics and sorcerers).
>>
File: Jiangshi01.jpg (77 KB, 541x700) Image search: [Google]
Jiangshi01.jpg
77 KB, 541x700
At what point is stat dumping just straight up a terrible idea? I want to try building an Enlightened Philosopher Lunar Oracle that doesn't need Dex at all, using the Jiangshi dhampir Heritage. Optimal? Probably not, but it comes out about even to a human or half-elf so I might as well run with it in a potential Hell's Vengeance campaign, likely using 1pp only, 25 PB, can take a drawback for 3 traits.

Is something like 5-6 Dex post-racials way too dangerous? Is it easy and/or cheap to block ability damage/drain?
>>
>>46905422
It's the general rule of thumb, but even WITHOUT that houserule there are certain builds who can capitalize on damage dice increases.

Most notable sources are Aegis, mech pilots, certain PoW disciplines (notably Elemental Flux, Primal Fury, I'm probably forgetting a few) and Veilweavers.

In fact, Daevics and Aegis lack access to the usual "weapon training" style static bonuses, and generally compensate for their slight loss of accuracy and damage over other front-liners by exactly the presence of these size upgrades.

It's a "different path", and less commonly available, but I've had plenty of "MY GOD, WHAT THE FUCK" sent my way from doing it.
>>
>>46905476
PCs (and only PCs) automatically deal max damage on their damage roll depending on their BAB and attack rolls- full BAB classes get to do it if they roll an 11 or higher, 3/4s BAB classes do it on a 16 or higher, half BAB never get to. If you multiclass, it's determined by the BAB progression of the class you have the most levels in.

My PC is a full BAB martial with a bastard sword (1d10), but at this point is doing most fights enlarged and deals 2d8 with his weapon. I'm debating whether I want to add Growing and/or Impact to me weapon, which would increase it to 3d8 or 4d8 if I have both. If I could figure out a way to squeeze in one more size increase (is there any way to grow 2 size categories at once?) it would jump to 6d8, which would be a pretty substantial amount of damage on the 50% of the time that it auto-maxes.
>>
>>46903300
Have functioning rules to build your own weapons with more customization points for said level based on your class level, akin to how an eldion works but with a weapon instead of a monster.
>>
File: 1460605616765.jpg (439 KB, 1000x670) Image search: [Google]
1460605616765.jpg
439 KB, 1000x670
What are some good Mythic abilities to take if I want to be the biggest, baddest (Zweihander Sentinel Warder) Dragonslayer in the land?

Should I go Champion, or Guardian? Should I also trade out a discipline for Elemental Flux, or Piercing Thunder, and if so which one?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get through the crunch of an idea I can finally realize!
>>
>>46905679
What is your weapon of choice?
>>
File: 1437778717625.jpg (755 KB, 1280x1744) Image search: [Google]
1437778717625.jpg
755 KB, 1280x1744
>>46905705

Ideally a spear of some sort, although I might go the Drakeblood route and settle with either a greatsword or longsword.

I guess at that point the question is whether I want Elemental Flux or Piercing Thunder, since I can't just get both as a Warder!
>>
>>46905734
Zweihander Sentinel Warders get access to Piercing Thunder as a discipline for free as of PoW:E so you only need to trait or tradition for E. Flux if you want both.
>>
>>46905734
Yes you can, you can trait for one and tradition for the other.
>>
File: 1431911115329.png (87 KB, 333x282) Image search: [Google]
1431911115329.png
87 KB, 333x282
>>46905760
>>46905778

Amazing, thanks you two!

And goodbye to Golden Lion, I'd toss out Iron Tortoise too but dat dragonfire-blocking stance near the end is too good to pass up.

Now I have to figure out what special material is best for killing dragons, or protecting oneself from dragons.
>>
>>46905828
Cold Iron. It bypasses the Damage Reduction of linnorms.

Also, remember to pick up Blood Spray Strike from Primal fury ASAP. Scarlet Eye's Perception into Blood-Spray Strike wrecks the shit of just about any big enemy.
>>
>>46906221
not that anon, but speaking of blood spray strike, what are all the 'stat damage' styles?
>>
>>46906271
Cursed Razor and Unquiet Grave are the big ones for that. Primal Fury has a couple con damage strikes (Notably Blood-spray Strike being its best), and i know a couple others have one or two, but I can't remember them at the moment.

but yeah, CR and UG are the big ones if you want to be attacking stats.
>>
>>46906271
>>46906418
Steel serpent is actually the big one for ability score damage.
>>
>>46906449
isn't steel serpent complete trash due to non-scaling dcs and reliance on 'poisons'?
>>
>>46905612
> mech pilots
excuse me?
>>
File: smoke_by_sttheo-d5a5hed.jpg (111 KB, 800x1035) Image search: [Google]
smoke_by_sttheo-d5a5hed.jpg
111 KB, 800x1035
>>46906606
Arcforge, son! It's the High Technology sourcebook that's in playtest at the moment.
>>
>>46906664
Not that I've personally been involved in the playtest, but I hear there's really not a lot of testing going on. The general forecast I hear here in /pfg/ is that it'll probably be a disappointment, unfortunately.
>>
>you will never be the son of a well-connected Thassilonian, placed in suspended animation so you can serve Xanderghul when he wakes back up
>you will never get woken up early by a wandering Cleric
>you will never have no idea what's going on and decide to check on home
>you will never discover that your home is destroyed and everyone you knew and loved has been dead for longer than you can remember
>you will never find out just how much you missed during your sleep

Why even live?
>>
File: 1449164162782.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449164162782.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
>>46906776
Uh... Jesus, dude, I'm sure you can find different ways to suffer. Have you considered starting a private military force free of the bonds of nations and ideologies, for soldiers and by soldiers? I've heard those fare quite poorly.
>>
>>46906915
But anon, Illusionists who don't speak Common can't start PMC's.
>>
>>46906748
Took a look at the playtest before and it's heavily tied to psionic type stuff. I think DSP added a feat or something for non-psychics to get partial progression, but the mechs are either a class feature or really basic models as items. That would still be better for a psion.
>>
>>46906989

That's a simple fix-just create the Illusion that you can.
>>
>>46906989
Not with that attitude. Just kidnap someone who can translate for you. In fact, start kidnapping lots of people. That's how this thing works.
>>
So in the campaign I am currently in different people have GM'd (first and longest me) off and on for 2.5 years. We've hit the point that we are using mythic rules. I made it so you have to take another's mythic spark to gain more ranks, and when you gain your first rank you get an ascension artifact.

Examples include:
Fate of Traitors - Sapient sword made out of part of the previous kobold deity's corpse.
A Jar of Eyeballs - Super scrying focus.
Lord of Nothing - Not an object, but the ability to be completely forgotten when want to.

I'm likely to get mythic ranks soon on the character I am playing. I also have leadership. We record the dead of the military unit my character commands on a memory totem. I'm planning on making the memory totem my artifact. What powers should I give it?
>>
/pfg/

I need to be BIG. How do I get BIG or at least count as BIG, other than these options?

>Half-giant
>Aegis
>Primal Warrior Stance
>Armory of the Conqueror

These are all available, I'm just not sure how many I can stack.
>>
>>46908096
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/l/legendary-proportions
>>
>>46901957

Bard is fine for that group.3 of the characters are skill-starved, and the ranger is low on face skills, so a face bard can do great. Also, bards are good supporters for a larger group, and yours already has level 9 arcane and divine caster. so it isn't in dire need of more full casters.

Magicians focus on having more spells and augmenting other casters. Instead of inspire courage,they have a song that buffs caster levels and spell attack rolls, They also get more spells and are stupid good at UMD.

I would say the base bard and most other archetypes are also fine.The magician focuses on improving the casters, but having a buffer for the martials is certainly an option. Make sure that if you trade versatile performance, you trade it for something good - it can be help you become the expert on anything that isn't combat or spell-related.

Build-wise, I'd say focus on one thing, but keep your options open. Even if you are a socialite, you can spend some feats towards becoming decent with a bow or a longspear.
>>
If you have fortification or some ability that negates crits, could you then use a Counter on an attack that rolled nat 20, assuming you didn't waste the immediate? Or is it just impossible to dodge the hit.
>>
I need a mount that won't die in one hit that isn't unreasonably large, or evil.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>46908375
Check out the various magical beasts that can be gained as a cohort using the Leadership feat. I'm sure something on the list is beefy and durable, plus since they get to have class levels they'll be gaining HP from that too.
>>
File: Awesome explosion, wizard.jpg (407 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Awesome explosion, wizard.jpg
407 KB, 1280x720
>>46908120
Won't stack with any of the other stuff because it gives Size bonuses, sadly.

I like your gumption, though!
>>
>>46908493
I already have an angel cohort. I suppose I could ask him to shapeshift.

Somehow that seems disrespectful...
>>
File: caglio_by_yilx-d9e7jz5.jpg (113 KB, 692x713) Image search: [Google]
caglio_by_yilx-d9e7jz5.jpg
113 KB, 692x713
>>46908571
It'll be fine as long as you return the favor by letting him ride you once in a while.
>>
>>46908375

How do you define unreasonably large, and do you have a few feats to spare?

It takes 2 to get an animal companion, which can work okay for a mount.
>>
>>46899362
>>magus
>>Cyclops helm
>>choose to get a crit once per day
>>40d6 bonus damage at level 10
>>
>>46908666
>666, thanks Satan
Herald of Ragathiel and he's one of his angels.
Portfolio includes Chastity unfortunately.
>>
>>46908690
Huge would be awkward, because we're mostly underground. most halls are 10 feet wide.

I'm kinda strapped for feats, as the point is to get spirited charge. Tons of monie, though.
>>
File: Golem11.png (752 KB, 764x1080) Image search: [Google]
Golem11.png
752 KB, 764x1080
Actually, where the fuck can I even find info on the Aegis customization that gives Veilweaving? The Akashic Mysteries thread on GitP only has a Dropbox page, which I can't search with Ctrl+F for some stupid ass reason.

Jesus fuck, Ssalarn, I actually WANT to use something you wrote for once, and this is what happens.
>>
>>46908666
Asmodeus please go.
>>
>>46908780
>46908780

Hm, I'd look for a trained griffon or something like that, and items to help make it more survivable. Still, it is essentially a hireling or a pet, and no stronger than it normally is before equipment kicks in.

There may be some good construct mounts, but I cannot find them right now and golems tend to be quite pricy.
>>
>>46904772
It's imposible to know as there's no facing rules in pathfinder.
>>
File: secretsssssssssss.jpg (37 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
secretsssssssssss.jpg
37 KB, 851x315
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.
Tell me about your best campaign idea that you haven't had a chance to run yet (or may never end up running).
>>
>>46909446

Players gain the extraordinary honour of being exiled to a remote and mostly unexplored peninsula. They start with a couple of shacks by a dirt path at least one month's travel away from any sort of city and a massive debt. If they return to society they are to be killed on sight. Campaign would revolve around using Downtime rules to build up a frontier town and then perhaps later on going to war with the sovereign that screwed you over
>>
>>46909446
I'm thinking of a dungeon crawl or political intrigue game where the party is essentially isolated, carrying out wetworks, and I secretly meet with a party member.
I ask them if they would be okay with them roleplaying a doppelganger impersonating their character, with a seamless switch while they're out on watch. The doppelganger represents one of the factions, but is there to gather information not sabotage yet, and should continue 'being' the character fully.

The issue is, I would go to each player and ask them to swap with doppelgangers (knowing my usual circle, they would be happy to), each representing a different faction, not knowing everyone is a doppelganger pretending to be their character.
>>
>>46909446
>SKYWORLD
>The Great Race Across Avistan
>Big Game Hunting: Planar Style
>Demiplane Road Trip
>I Don't Think We're In Kansas Anymore
>How Long Was I Out?

Working titles, all of 'em.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.