[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG lore: The Storm Continues Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
"Let the battle continue!"

cries pic related.

also lore thread. but mostly flakes now

Banned conversation topics:
1) Whether or not Elspeth is dead
2) Avacyn's age
3) How summoning works

Previous Thread:
>>46778560

Convenient post for the guy who's making the flake sheets. This has all the new flakes:
>>46799475
>>
>>46799526

>Banned conversation topics:
>1) Whether or not Elspeth is dead
>2) Avacyn's age
>3) How summoning works

You forgot to mention Vronak
>>
>>46799980
I almost did, but I'm pretty sure Vronak's actual creator would not like this. I don't want to discriminate against flakes.

So let's just collectively agree to ignore "VRONAK IS TEH BEST" posts. Only legitimate posts will be responded to.
>>
Once the chart is updated, we'll roll for another fight.

And another for random pairings.

The Boros flakes should have an eight-some, or whatever they're up to now.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>Oh, you think the Blind Eternities is your ally, you merely adopted the Spark.
Shitflake soon, fellow walkers.
>>
>>46800029
I'm Vronak's creator and I support this.

Who knew such a character would get so much attention?
>>
>>46799195
And what exactly is unsuitable tactics?

> Two big critters as last resorts?
It just seems logical that a scientist who experiments on the locals would have an "oh shit" button just in case the locals ever did find out where he was and came to lynch him.

Having a lair that grants him access to darksteel?
Technically, it doesn't even have to be on the same plane he's conducting his experiments on. He could be using Mirrodin for supplies and Innistrad for work.

Anything else friendo?
>>
>>46800335
How does dredge survives in a formta that has this card?
>>
Thread Question: can the blind eternities be explored? How are new planes found?
>>
>>46799526
>Banned topics
>Actively ignoring lore over shitty free form RP
Holy hell, I think you may have done it. You've become worse than the quest fags
>>
>>46800775
Enchant/Artifact hate?
>>
>>46799526
>unhinged was 12 years ago

where does the time go
>>
>>46801042
You don't know what OP is referring to though. We had some dumb shits argue the hell out of these topics just to annoy people.
>>
>>46801072
Down the toilet.
>>
>>46801042
There was a retard last thread who couldn't comprehend that Avacyn is a thousand years old despite published evidence from Wizards, and another retard (or possibly the same retard) who refused to acknowledge how summoning creatures works within the MTG multiverse despite published evidence from Wizards.
>>
>>46801138
It was the same guy posting all the hate against any flake that was not my flake (Vronak). For some dumb reason.
>>
>>46801075
How they hell can you argue about any of those topics but the first? Avacyn doesn't iirc have a set age, and it's not relevant for her role in the plot. Summoning is explained in the earlier novels, I remember a particular scene from one of the ice age/coldsnap novels where two magicians each make chairs out of mana. Creatures summoned with mana are the same. THIS IS LITERALLY STATED IN THE NOVELS.
Even so, you're actively silencing discussion for no reason other than it hurts your feelings. That's disgusting on a vast number of levels.
>>
>>46801175
I'm pretty sure everyone is treating your flake like the biggest joke it is.

He was being ironic.
>>
>>46801377
It was kinda a level beyond into just being obnoxious though.
>>
As Vronak arrives on the plane of Ravnica, a looming fog creeps across the City of Guilds. This mysterious planeswalker rises a gauntlet-clad hand as a vibrant green aura surrounds it. His eyes, shrouded by his necromantic mask, begin to radiate the same eerie green aura as three hands burst out from the ground beneath his feet.

Three separate winged beings emerge from the ground as they push themselves from underneath the soil as it pours off their bodies. Their forms are concealed by the thick fog that spreads throughout the entire city of Ravnica. And the fog itself now engulfs the necromancer himself and the three disappear into the night.

And as the heavy fog encases the realm in it's entirety, Jace sit upon his desk having mounds of contracts between various guilds that must have his signature of approval. But, his work would be ultimately interrupted as he hears a loud banging across one of his doors. Wondering who could possibly have pinpointed one of his ever changing portals to know where to find his quarters.

But, of course he already knew the answer to this inquiry. Jace stood up from his desk and moved towards the chamber door that was being assaulted by someone's fist and already knowing who's fist that belonged to that was plaguing his work. He then opened his chamber door to reveal Liliana standing before him. And behind her was the thick fog, which Jace could not see more than a few feet in distance.
>>
Liliana quickly spouted at Jace, "No one has heard from Isperia for hours ever since this retched fog has began. And I have heard word of the same concerning the cyclops Borborygmos... Jace... I think we're in trouble." Jace's more disinterested demeanor shifted to a more concerned expression. "We need to see Niv-Mizzet.", Jace exclaimed and rushed out of his chambers and headed down the city streets.

Liliana followed suit as she could barely see a foot in front of Jace, "How can you even tell where you are going!?", she shouted outward to the control Mage that seemed to always bring some sort of conflict into her life in one fashion or another, though it wasn't like she wasn't the root of most of it anyhow. Jace just kept marching forward at a slightly quickened pace as Liliana followed him further.

"This is my home, Liliana. I know it better than most of the residence here. Almost like it's apart of me...", Jace spoke softly as the two of them rushed towards the direction of the Nivix. And after a short while, the two Planeswalkers reached the towering guildhall of the Izzet. Liliana did not like being this close to the lair of a dragon, especially an intelligent one that she suspected of being a Planeswalker.

But, nevertheless she followed Jace into the guildhall and to the staircase. Jace rushed up the winding staircase, however Liliana just stopped at the first step. "How far up must we go?", she asked but she had a feeling she knew the answer. And Jace so plied replied, "All the way..." Liliana gave a scolding look and spoke underneath her breath, "Damn it."
>>
Liliana just pursued after Jace as the two of them made their way to the top level of the Nivix, only to come before the largest door that Liliana had ever seen before. Jace opened the doors and the two stepped forth towards the great Dracogenius guild leader. Jace looked upward to the larger Dragon and spoke, "Niv-Mizzet, have you heard word of the disappearance of the Azorius and Gruul guild leaders?"

Niv-Mizzet took a deep breath and puffed a large cloud of smoke outwards as he paused a moment in silence before he spoke, "As well as Lazav of House Dimir. And of what concern is it of your's, Living Guildpact?" Jace thought it was obvious that this matter should be his concern, being that he was the Guildpact itself.

"Niv-Mizzet, do you have any idea who could be behind these incidents? Perhaps a Guild trying to take over Ravnica?", Jace inquired of the Dragon. Niv-Mizzet just expressed apathy towards the matter and spoke once more, "It is inconsequential." Jace just looked upwards at the pompous Dragon with an irked expression as he said, "It's of a great consequence to me. And don't you worry about whomever it is possibly coming after yourself!?"

Niv-Mizzet huffed at the thought of something being a threat to his well being. "No being alive could cause me inconvenience, boy.", Niv-Mizzet spoke out towards the young Planeswalker, "The answers you look for lie elsewhere. Try the Golgari Planeswalker for advice... Now, begone with you. You are bothersome."

Jace lowered his head at the thought of coming face to face with Vraska once again after her attempt to murder him. He took a deep breath and turned to Liliana and simply nodded as he walked passed her. Liliana glared heavily at the large Dragon and said in a spiteful manner, "You're an asshole. A giant puckered one at that." Liliana just turned and followed after Jace.
>>
The two of them left the Izzet guildhall and headed to the more more decadent parts of Ravnica, towards the Korozda. Liliana still didn't like being out on the streets with this horrid fog about them. She couldn't see a damn thing, and they were getting ever closer to the parts of Ravnica that was home to the rats and bugs. She hated rats and bugs.

Liliana was growing impatient from all of the roaming about and wondered why Jace was always roaring to go when something dangerous was lurking about, but never willing to lend his aid when she wanted something done for herself. She then shouted at the blue mage, "When the HELL are we going to be th-" Jace reached back with his hand and covered Liliana's mouth.

Jace took a couple steps back to lessen the distance between the two of them as he looked onward. But, Liliana still couldn't see a damn thing in front of her. She narrowed her eyes as she tried to make something out through the thick fog, only to see a figure standing a few yards before them.

Then another figure swooped down towards the figure on the ground, and with a loud gust of wind, the fog was scattered more and Liliana could make out more of what was happening. It was a purple haired angel with a large sword, larger than she had ever seen another angel wield before. And the figure upon the ground was a the gorgon they had been sent to find.
>>
>>46799526
You have to buy three guns to shoot one player?
>>
The angel lashed towards Vraska and in the blink of an eye she had impaled the gorgon Planeswalker upon her sword. Lifting the gorgon's body up off the ground as she claimed victory over her. Only to then swipe to her side and toss the gorgon's body onto the ground. And from a distance behind the angel, a cloaked figure wearing a grimly horned mask walked towards the gorgon's body and he kneeled beside her.

The cloaked figure reached out and placed a couple of fingers upon Vraska's head and he spoke in a deep bellowing voice that echoed from behind his mask, "I cannot acquire you... You are... You 'were' like me." Vraska looked up at the cloaked man as she laid there taking her final breaths. She knew it was over for her and the fear was visible in her eyes.

The cloaked man arose to his feet and took a step back as his angel lunged forward and plunged her mighty sword into the gorgon's head, cutting it clean in half from the split of her lips. And when the angel pulled her sword from the gravel, the gorgon's head was severed from the jaw. The angel then turned her head as she looked directly towards the two Planeswalkers that stood in the distance, watching the conflict.
>>
File: donutsteel.jpg (827 KB, 1564x1462) Image search: [Google]
donutsteel.jpg
827 KB, 1564x1462
>>46801526
This should probably be amended to reflect the new snowflake canon.
>>
>>46801197
She has been established to be over 1000 years old though.

Different official sources say different things about summons. The old prerevisionist way was that you teleported a creature to you to fight for you. And the revisionist way can either be that way way still or it can be conjuring a duplicate of that creature out of Æther to fight for you.

And Elspeth is dead. She was killed by Heliof and is in the underworld. But, this doesn't mean she will stay dead. As a being can traverse the underworld and return back to the living world. But, we'll see if that happens.

And the reason OP wants this banned isn't because he disagrees with any of this or was even arguing about it anyhow. It's because some asshat was arguing just to argue and wasn't trying to prove they were right, just more or less trying to irritate people.
>>
>>46801377
> everyone
Literally only one guy who was being annoying.

And one kid arguing about his colors. Even though the reason he's domain is because the flake-anon who is controlling all of this pointed out that even though his instants, sorceries, and enchantments are all black, that his creature spells all consist of all five colors regardless of them never being hard cast. They are still spells in the planeswalker's spellbook.
>>
>>46801644
And this is him.
>>
>>46801644
What's the point of this anon?

Just to be an unlikable asshat?

Why are you so antagonizing?

Do you treat people at your local game shop like this?

I hope you don't make your mother cry at night when she thinks about her son never having any friends and being an anti-social prick to literally everyone.
>>
Where's the base flake sheet?
>>
File: image.png (149 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149 KB, 1562x1186
>>46801873
>>
>>46800302
>rolling for pairings
Please.
>>
>>46801197
>Even so, you're actively silencing discussion for no reason other than it hurts your feelings
As the OP, this is wrong. The discussion should be avoided because it is established fact, there is nothing to discuss, and the poster(s) who argued it last time shitted up the thread hard. THis is for the good of the thread, anon. deal with it.
>>
>>46801521
That is the will of the cock isn't it?

>Razorcock says: Did I fucking stutter???
>>
>>46801521
It's worth noting you don't have to shoot the opponent with the gun you bought.

You can have a gun of your choice, buy a gun (or start the background check), and come back and shoot with your previously bought nagant.
>>
>>46800985

Planes are discovered literally at random. If a Walker has been there, they can jump or go there with direction from another Walker. Otherwise, completely random.

Ugin is the only Walker who's been capable of actually studying the eternities.
>>
Reposting my flake story without part of the ending because I didn't like it.
http://pastebin.com/P509vXHj
>>
I've got a lore question. I remember seeing a blurb about Dominaria's current state, and it mentioned the plane was devoid of mana. Is this accurate? Is Dominaria completely fucked?
>>
>>46802882
No, Dominaria is fine. We see it in the prelude to Scars of Mirrodin, where Elspeth is drowning in her sorrows by being a pit fighter in Urborg. Urborg isn't a nice place, but it's basically business as usual there. Other zones of Dominaria are probably at their norms (better than their Time Spiral states at least: See Magus of the Vineyard) as well.

Otaria, though, IS fucked. The entire continent is a lifeless wasteland of salt where nothing will ever live again. It's possible since the Time Spiral damage was somewhat gradual, that some otarian culture escaped to elsewhere in Dominaria, but that place is dead, dead DEAD. It is absolutely removed from the fricking game forever.
>>
>>46802882
I believe it's healing after the mending.
>>
>>46803027
Source on Otaria?
>>
>>46803213
Seconding this. I liked Otaria.
>>
>>46803213
Planechase card

Otaria is fine from the looks of it, dominara is absolutely fucked however.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=198095
>>
>>46799526
Could Elspeth while in the underworld Summon Avacyn to save both herself and Avacyn from Innistrad, or would Elspeth only create a construct that thought it was Avacyn. If the latter, what age would Avacyn be conjured at?
>>
>>46799526
Here's a lore bit for ya.

>how many planeswalkers aren't mentioned to exist. Besides the big important known ones

>is there thousands, hundreds of thousands of planeswalkers from different realms, universes, points of existence.

>is it possible that there exists multiple exsistances of the same person in a different form but also for those to meet without one having to die first?
>>
>>46803213
>>46803314
Time Spiral block novels. The rift over otaria fills its whole sky. Nothing has survived. I guess by now (?? years postmending) there might be some coconut palms, birds, or maybe saprolings making inroads, but the place was so isolated that even Yawgmoth ignored it.

>>46803370
Planechase takes its snapshots from throughout time. Serra's Realm (a plane card) and Mirrodin/New Phyrexia (Setting for some plane cards) literally cannot coexist chronologically. Serra's realm collapsed before Mirrodin was ever made.
>>
File: duracell_matrix.jpg (17 KB, 540x330) Image search: [Google]
duracell_matrix.jpg
17 KB, 540x330
>>46803634

I think we should stop saying it collapsed and start telling the truth. Urza pulled a pic related.
>>
>>46803725
In his defense the place's card was marked anyway. And he evacuated essentially anyone willing to go despite Radiant's dickery (I just now realize how odd that metaphor when talking about lore for a card game..)
>>
I didn't always drift along the sea like this. There was a time I did more than dip my toe. I don't regret my decision to build a boat when others chose to sink or swim, but I do wonder about what it must feel like, for as part of my bargain with the universe that i no longer know for myself.

The first steps to becoming as I are simple: find something to forget. Don't ask me for the experienced judge of person, thing or time. I cannot recall mine. Find that person and let them kill you. Find that thing and let it consume you. Find that moment and stay trapped in it forever.

They say forever but they don't understand. Forever is always. Forever is bidirectional and looping. But they don't die. They simply transmute. Sure the harmony falls out but they care not for they do as they are. Let the other harmonies fret in unison, life is better as dirt.

And yet I do still dip my toe. My body stays within the pattern and work is yet to be done, so the body must be managed. In fleeting doses do I live long enough to slick a living soul alight, take from it pure and clean. I will see what you're made of, and you'll show me smiling, because I like smiles.

Madness run deep in the blood and the mind and the soul. I apologize in advance to those whom my touch will eventually lead to ruin, I don't mean to do it. The rent's killer out here.
~Kaina
>>
>>46803804

Well, Radiants dickery was because of the Phyrexians who would never have shown up if Urza hadn't. As with most things, it's still Urzas fault.
>>
>>46801820
This anon doesn't get it. I'll give you a hint.

>personelle
>>
>>46803951
Yeah, he does that
>>
>>46803989

Pretty much.

This is how I explain Urza to newbies:

Imagine if every problem in the uni/multiverse could be traced back to one man. That man is Urza.
>>
Elspeth is only mostly dead. See, mostly dead is still slightly alive.

Best way to get Elspeth out of Nyx and get our Angelspeth is for Dack to pull an Orpheus, except with her leading and staving off his advances.

Depending on how quickly vampires propagated, determines at what point did Sorin create Avacyn. It wasn't immediately, as Sorin remembers the manor blood parties, but Avacyn had been around almost as long as vampires have. Maybe a human generation or two at most?

Raven Man is the spirit of Yawgmoth who's possessing part of Liliana.

These last few Uncharted Realms are either terribly written or brilliantly written to evoke the madness and blurring of reality/nightmare that's going on. I'm still not 100% sure.
>>
>>46804106
The funny thing is he's remembered for the one thing he solved (by way of messing up a ton more things) that wasn't really his fault. The Phyrexian Invasion was pretty inevitable from events that long predate Urza.

And even then he had a hand in making things worse before making them better.
>>
>>46804130

I really hope that the Raven Man is tied into Yawg somehow. It obviously wouldn't be the fully spirit of Yawg, but more like an echo that lived.

However, I think it's kind of the opposite. I honestly think the Raven Man is an echo of Urza's darkness that was imprinted onto Dominaria. He's basically Urza's revenant. They look very similar in my opinion, and Liliana is a Dominarian oldwalker.
>>
>>46803951
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzbKYJKZghQ

Pictured: Urza, Radiant, and Black Xantcha.
>>
>>46801993
I'm tempted to have a crack at my own snowflake. How retarded is the idea of a GU explorer who gets excited and a little stupid about getting to witness the most fantastic creatures and landscapes? Like, he'd be the sort of idiot who'd follow the Eldrazi around from a distance just because he wants to observe their behaviour. I was thinking a repressed Simic desk jockey that had his spark ignite when an experiment attacked him and has been on a happy-go-lucky backpacking trip across the multiverse ever since. More a friendly but absent-minded goof than anything edgy.
>>
>>46804369
I considered Urza as well, but ultimately I feel Raven Man being Yawgmoth would make for a better story.

And yeah, I meant like a fragment of his essence, not the whole thing. Closest example would be Voldemort's Tom Riddle Horcrux, except formed after he died as opposed to before. A fragment with the same memories and personality, just much less power and presence.
>>
File: 130.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
130.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>46804369
>He's basically Urza's revenant.

He does look similar to Urza, but only because there's someone else he looks even more like.
Someone who was brought back into the storyline, and could have had his spark ignited, by Time Spiral fuckery.
>>
File: cardart_vtntRQapZQ.jpg (79 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
cardart_vtntRQapZQ.jpg
79 KB, 750x450
>>46804518
compare Mishra there to Raven Man.
>>
>>46804460

That is amazingly on point.

Wow.

>>46804518

I never considered the other one. Hot damn, you might be onto something.
>>
>>46804580
holy shit
>>
>>46804518
Mishra had been compleated by the time of his death.
He might be an alternate Mishra if anything.
>>
>>46804672
IIRC it was actually left intentionally unclear if the real Mishra had been Compleated and the one Urza saw in Phyrexia was a trick, or if Gix had replaced the real one with a duplicant at some point during the war and the real Mishra had been tortured in Phyrexia for centuries.

And either way, a time-lost or alternate dimension version of him got pulled into the present in Time Spiral.
>>
Mishra might be possible, but personally I feel having Raven Man be Yawgmoth would be easier for newer fans to understand. Yawgmoth is "the guy who created the original Phyrexians"- Mishra is "the compleated brother of the guy that originally defeated the Phyrexians and built Karn."

But ultimately Raven Man has to be either Yawgmoth, Urza, Mishra, or a fourth option that is a portion of at least one of these three.
>>
File: William.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
William.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
And now the super special snowflake to begin tying all the other flakes together,
>>
>>46804790
I feel like Lim-Dûl may have a part to play, if not as the Raven man, then in the Chain Veil.
>>
File: 243.jpg (75 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
243.jpg
75 KB, 312x445
>>46804580
>>
>>46805051
It's a shame this does not work on edh
>>
>>46804878
I think having the Chain Veil be an artefact from Lim Dul would be best- keeping him relevant but not important to the story.
>>
>>46805087
it does if you play your opponent's artifacts
>>
>>46805103
Well we know it's an artifact from the Onakke ogres on Shandalar, don't we? But Lim-Dûl could easily have been the unknown cataclysm that wiped out their civilization.
>>
File: 34.jpg (84 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
84 KB, 312x445
>>46805087

What >>46805130 said (Thada Adel, for example), also Possiblity Storm has some fun interactions with him.
>>
>>46805140
He also was known for stuffing his soul into artifacts, which would then have great corruptive power, even going so far as to possess a planeswalker.
>>
File: swamp witch.jpg (380 KB, 700x809) Image search: [Google]
swamp witch.jpg
380 KB, 700x809
So I'm thinking of doing a mono black 'walker with a "swamps matter" deck who'd have these stances
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2YVRu09nAo
>>
>>46804580
Doesn't he kind of look like Lim-Dul or whatever his name was?
>>
>>46799980
how does summoning work though? Is it the planeswalker calling on allies from various planes through a teleporting spell?
>>
>>46804798
Isn't Ugin the only planeswalker who can use colorless?
>>
>>46805568
It's questions like this that are why that topic is banned.

Go ask in another thread if you're serious. If you're just that one troll again, please go find a new hobby.
>>
File: 197.jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
197.jpg
70 KB, 312x445
>>46805455
I mean I wouldn't rule it out, but he definitely looks more like the Brothers.
>>
>>46805656
He has an affinity for it because he's a ghost/spirit. Other people can learn to use colorless spells, but they're so rare and bizarre that most planeswalkers don't know any.

In this case, the Eldrazi spells aren't even being cast by Eldrazi. It's just a planeswalker (read: player) attempting to emulate their brand of destruction.
>>
File: William Arete Seeker of Truth.jpg (40 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
William Arete Seeker of Truth.jpg
40 KB, 375x523
>>46805861
>>46805656
Yeah, I'm trying to make a colorless flake to compete with our 5 color flakes and hopefully get a story started. Maybe not even set in Gaia's plane itself, but how William is trying to force himself into it to better understand the nature of mana.
>>
Okay, guys
What if the Raven Man really is a shard of Urza, and there are other monocolored Urza shards that possessed various planeswalkers and is trying to get them to absorb enough mana to ressurrect him?
>>
>>46805967
What if your mom possessed my dick
>>
>>46805938
>Maybe not even set in Gaia's plane itself, but how William is trying to force himself into it to better understand the nature of mana.
Gaia's maker chiming in. I've only been skimming the thread ('cause I'm trying to make a new comprehensive flake page), but I find this idea extremely interesting. I could totally roll with it.
>>
>>46806024
Neat! I wonder how we could get the reanimator involved in this? Your next flake could be some champion of Gaia, sent forth by dream message or something to stop William and his followers?
>>
>I was only 19 years old
>I loved Tezzeret so much, I had all the cards and the Test of Metal book
>I pray to Tezzeret every night before bed, thanking him for the life I’ve been given
>"Tezzeret is love" I say; “Tezzeret is life”
>Jace hears me and calls me a shitlord
>I know he was just jealous of my devotion for Tezzeret
>I called him a faggot
>He slaps me and sends me to sleep with -1/-0 until end of turn
>I’m crying now, and my face hurts
>I lay in bed and it’s really hot
>Suddenly, a cool breeze is moving towards me
>It’s Tezzeret
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear “This is my shank.”
>He grabs me with his powerful etherium arms and puts me down onto my hands and knees
>I’m ready
>I spread my Terramorphic Expanse for Tezzeret
>He penetrates my Temple of the False God
>It hurts so much but I do it for Tezzeret
>I can feel my etherium augmentations tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against his Phyrexian Obliterator
>I want to please Tezzeret
>He roars in a mighty roar as he Infects my Polluted Delta
>Jace walks in
>Tezzeret looks him straight in the eyes and says “It’s all tapped out now.”
>Tezzeret leaves through my window
>Tezzeret is love. Tezzeret is life.

Then Nahiri hits them all with the Eldritch Moon.
>>
>>46805967
Was Urza 5 colored, though? He seemed pretty strictly blue, maybe blue/red.
>>
>>46804738
>And either way, a time-lost or alternate dimension version of him got pulled into the present in Time Spiral.
No, just because Time Spiral had cool cards doesn't mean any of them existed in the story at all. The only legend cards in the Time Spiral block that actually existed were Radha, Teferi and Venser.
There is no living Mishra, white Crovax, or red Akroma.
>>
>>46806226
The closest thing to a card he ever got was mono-U, but I could easily see making the argument that he was U/R/W/B. He certainly had a good dose of Black in him by the end.
>>
>>46806160
Hmmm, perhaps. Tell you what, I'm getting ready to go to bed soon, but I will think about it as I go to sleep tonight. See how this could go down.

Hmmmm... I wonder how she would even react if her plain collapsed. Does William realize his entry will collapse the plain?
>>
>>46806381
I think he believes it a possibility, but worth the risk. If she has all five colors artificially generated more or less, what role does pure mana have in the plain then? What is the nature of planes? Ect.

He's not evil, he just doesn't care.
>>
>>46806414
Ok. I will think about it more. I'm going to go to sleep now.

I found some pics that I think I'm going to use for her narrative. But more tomorrow. Finals/sleep beckon.
>>
>>46806414
Also, did William live through the Mending? What did he think of it?
>>
>>46806492
I don't think so, but rather I like the idea of him through mind and time fuckery like time spiral having gone through the time stream to the point he might have actually been around before/during that point and then going back to the current point.
>>
File: 1461199693842.png (791 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
1461199693842.png
791 KB, 1562x1186
here's a snowflake do whatever with it
>>
>>46806883
Eh, beast slaying feels green. I don't see what makes him white at all to be honest.
>>
>>46806883
>Baelamawrus

that sure is a mouthful
>>
>>46806959
it's less beast slaying than it is monster slaying. see: interpid hero, smite the monstrous, etc.
>>
File: urza dicksmasher.jpg (56 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
urza dicksmasher.jpg
56 KB, 375x523
>>46806226
>>46806343
he's canonically 5 color you doofuses, just look
>>
>>46807021
You coulda put some of the cards that get that across into the preferred spells section. It's looking a bit barren.
>>
>>46807063
it felt unnecessary to add more that one "power 4 or greater" removal spell. I'll update with more stuff later
>>
>>46805983
It'd be a mystery as to whether her failure to orgasm was due to her gaping cave of a vagina or your microscopic twig of a dick.
>>
File: MtG Charbuilder GBB.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
MtG Charbuilder GBB.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
>>46801993
Because why not?
>>
>>46807043
Fucking excellent.
>>
>>46807585
Even with Vraska, I'm never going to just let it slide that there are Gorgons in Ravnica after the first block. They went extinct in the books, with the Sisters of Stone Death being the last ones that were alive, but they didn't even survive the events of the first book in the set.
>>
>>46807865
Yes I know. That's why my precious lil snowflake here isn't in Ravnica. I've just put the RtR cards there because I actually ran that deck for the Gatecrash event and had lots of fun with it.
>>
File: swamp walker.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
swamp walker.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
The snowflake that no one wants or asked for, she's here!
>>
>>46808197
Needs moar Mind Sludge
>>
File: mind sludge art.jpg (45 KB, 620x363) Image search: [Google]
mind sludge art.jpg
45 KB, 620x363
>>46808272
That's perfect, thanks!
>>
File: flake.png (963 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
flake.png
963 KB, 1562x1186
My first flake please be gentle. Also criticism/ cool artifacts to add welcome
>>
Anybody got a trove of MtG books?
>>
File: Image.ashx(6).jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx(6).jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>46807865

U wot m8
>>
There room for another grixis-colored flake? I'm working on one, but don't want to clog things up if we have too many
>>
>>46801993

Ugh, so tempted.
>>
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/lilianas-indignation-2016-04-20/

The snowflakes have really taken over quickly.

The new UR has been out for a day already, and no mention?

Not too much info - though crazy-Jace is kindof endearing.

Most interesting is we finally find out who fish-eye is. The manservant of Dierk, who's a geistmage (and seemingly a good guy) mentioned in a couple of cards.
>>
>>46806226

His main color is blue, followed closely by red and white. In the later years there was also a black streak in him
>>
>>46809907

we already had a lore thread
>>
>>46807865

Was that in the City of Ravnica or the rest of the world?

They're a bit terrible about explaining it, but the City is the point where all ten guild domains meet, with the rest of the planet being portioned up into actual territories.
>>
File: oh-really-300x200.png (80 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
oh-really-300x200.png
80 KB, 300x200
>>46810043
>mfw when I'm in it
>>
What are the odds that Marit Lage is an Eldrazi titan? There is actually quite a bit of support for it.
>>
>>46810178
no, there isn't.
Marit Lage was designed before the eldrazi were even conceived and is Black proper, with grixis spells. She is a monster of incredible power, but she is not a native to the blind eternities, instead probably a being from a strongly black-aligned plane back before the mending happened. IF there were any reason for her to be an eldrazi besides her lovecraft flavoring and planar-hopping ability, the latter of which we have no confirmation she still has post-mending, it would have to be with new lore being written now or later rather than previously.

That said, I'm pretty sure she's on Innistrad. I know we've been pretty much told outright the lovecraftian feels innistrad's been having are due to an approaching Emerakul, but the cults on the plane and The Thing in the Ice make me think that something else is already there, and has been there since the Ice Age ended.
>>
what creatures are not allowed to have sparks?
>>
What are the odds that Marit Lage is an Eldrazi titan? There is actually quite a bit of support for it.
>>
>>46810313
>Marit Lage was designed before the eldrazi
So? There is very little lore on it.
>is Black proper
Some of the Eldrazis are colored aligned. Rapacious One for example. Red aligned and not devoid. Eldrazi Drone is an example of a black Eldrazi.
>she is not a native to the blind eternities
Do we even know that?
>besides her lovecraft flavoring and planar-hopping ability
Also spawns it's own brood.
>new lore being written now or later rather than previously.
Would probably be the case considering there is little lore on it. It shares a lot of similarities and is open to be molded into whatever.
>>
>>46810503
>Some of the Eldrazis are colored aligned.
No legendary eldrazi are color aligned, were she an eldrazi, she'd be the titan of one, and that would mean she'd have to be true colorless. Which she is not. THAT SAID, wizards haven't been afraid of retroactively altering things to fit the current story or game rules model, like the creature type update, so if they did try to bs ML as an eldrazi it wouldn't be too outlandish, but I don't buy it.
>Also spawns it's own brood.
source that immediately
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>46810583
>No legendary eldrazi are color aligned, were she an eldrazi, she'd be the titan of one, and that would mean she'd have to be true colorless.
You're making assumptions. We still know really nothing about the Eldrazi. We don't even KNOW that the big 3 are the only titans. Just that they are the only titans we are directly aware of. We don't know that titans can't be color aligned. Because we don't know of any doesn't mean there can't be any. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. We know really nothing about the Eldrazi (which is why Ugin was so pissed at the Happy Time Pals at the end of BFZ) and we know nothing about Marit Lage. What we do know is that Marit Lage shares A LOT of similarities with the Eldrazi. It also has been noted that ML "planeswalks" but "not in the same way that planeswalkers do." Stop making assumptions.
>source that immediately
It's brood isn't the exact same as say Ulamog But, it's dreams take form and terrorize the plane it's on in their own way. It's depicted in pic related.
>>
>>46810708
really? Ice illusions are your argument for ML having a brood? No, that's retarded, get out of here.

>Because we don't know of any doesn't mean there can't be any.
>What I want to be true hasn't happened yet, but it might become true if I wait long enough
Also no. Eldrazi in their native state transcend color, this is a stated fact, and as such the main focus point of each eldrazi, their respective titans, reflect this. To simply say that just because it hasn't happened means it could happen is like saying there is reason to believe there will ever be a legit angel planswalker.

That said, they could skirt the issue and maybe state that Lage imitates some primal idea of the eldrazi, or argue that if she was an eldrazi, she may have spent so much time on a plane without eating it that she degenerated into the black avatar creature we know her as, but this is also unlikely.
>>
>>46805983
Then I guess a girl would finally touch your dick.
>>
>>46804518
>bringing back the brother who literally cuckolded Urza
>>
>>46811467
How did Mishra cuck Urza?
>>
>>46811470
Fucked his wife and got her pregnant.
>>
>>46811480
Huh. When was this?
>>
>>46810330
Angels, Demons,and probably most Elementals can't get them naturally, because they're creatures of pure mana, not naturally born.
Though we've seen Ob Nixilis as an example that a Planeswalker already ignited can become a demon under some circumstances, or at least close enough that it makes no difference.

Death removes the spark, and undeath won't bring it back. Sorin's a weird exception because Innistrad vampires aren't technically undead, but you won't see any lich or mummy or Sengir-bloodline vampire walkers.

I'd assume only intelligent life can have sparks, but I don't know if that's ever actually laid down as a rule anywhere?
>>
>>46806560
I'm curious. How did William even learn of Gaia's Realm? It is completely shielded from the multiverse, so I'd imagine it's cloaked or something. We'll have to wait for Gaia-anon for confirmation, but still. In his time travel shenanigans, did he hear legends of it? Also, I don't know if he could take Gaia in a direct confrontation. We know she's still an oldwalker, and a crazy powerful one at that for being able to sustain a plain this long, let alone create one. How would he even break her enchantments?
>>
>>46811577
Also, did he maybe get Vronak's help?
>>
>>46811506
Brothers War, where it all started.
>>
What's the appeal of making your own snowflake?
>>
>>46811506
Just read up on Brother's War, there's an excellent article on MTGsalvation made just two days ago
>>
>>46805861
>He has an affinity for it because he's a ghost/spirit
Don't spread lies anon
>>
>>46811700
For me it's fun. It flexes your creative juices. It's fun to make them fight and pair up in threads. I haven't been able to d&d for months. So this scratches my creative itch. And while most flakes are generic and uninteresting, some of them have some really nice flavor going.
>>
As I understand it the last remaining Eldrazi turns native life into her little minions.... So does that mean that when she leaves they go with her, or are they stuck on that plane?

Because you can't planeswalk without either being a walker or a spooky grey cthulu.
>>
File: Is Nissa blind.jpg (70 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
Is Nissa blind.jpg
70 KB, 750x500
>mfw I put on the finishing touches on my elf walker and read up on Nissa
Welp back to the old drawing board.
>>
>>46811826
They're stuck there, since Emrakul doesn't bring it along
>>
>>46812262
So then does that make her the least destructive of the three?
>>
>>46811826
The three Eldrazi Titans don't planeswalk. The live in the Blind Eternities and when they go to a plane, they don't actually leave the Blind Eternities. They reach from the Blind Eternities and into a plane where they create a physical form for them to use to convert mana for them to eat, as they don't actually have physical forms and aren't really japanese tentacle rape monsters.

They don't leave the Blind Eternities while they are doing all this, try are both in the Blind Eternities and on the plane simultaneously. They are just invisible to the eye, as well as whatever rift they create to pass through to travel from the Blind Eternities to a plane.
>>
>>46812330
Least destructive, most powerful
Emrakul is basically the clean up crew who finishes a plane's destruction by warping all life on it, thus making any attempt at rebuilding moot
Hence why post-OGW, whatever land the Eldrazi rekt, nature will eventually reclaim.
>>
File: 2016-04-21 15_26_52-Blogatog.png (8 KB, 486x163) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-21 15_26_52-Blogatog.png
8 KB, 486x163
"Fin-Ally"

So... Finally. What could it mean?
>>
>>46811599
I'm not sure if Vronka would help, or be an outside agent manipulating events to get what he wants out of the thing. I'd have to talk to Vronak's creator and see his bio sheet again.

>>46811577
I think his biggest advantage he'll ever has, and likely what brought him to the plane's barriers, is his exploration of the Blind Eternities. From my understanding most plane walkers just stumble across new planes, and never really look for them. William though his research has begun actually looking into the world between worlds, and thus sees what others don't bother to look at. It's like being the only man with sight in a world of the blind. Who hides something no one can see in the first place?
>>
>>46812887
>William though his research has begun actually looking into the world between worlds, and thus sees what others don't bother to look at.
So he saw this empty space, or this void where a plain should be, in the Blind Eternities and thought "huh, I wonder what that could be?" Makes sense.
>>
>>46812887
Jesus I can't spell, it's too fucking early
>>
>>46811599
>>46812887
As Vronak's creator, I don't see Vronak as being the kind of person to help anyone that doesn't benefit himself in some form. And searching for a planet that is closed off to the rest of the multiverse is rather pointless.

Vronak wouldn't know of the plane to begin with, let alone bother to inform anyone of it's existence.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Gaia's creator stated that her realm is not accessible to anyone from the outside. So, there is no way to travel to it unless something happens on the plane to disrupt Gaia's connection to the plane's mana pool.
>>
How would you suggest getting into the MTG lore?
>>
>>46812944
It doesn't work that way. If a plane is closed off to the multiverse, then you straight up cannot travel to it. And you don't traverse the Blind Eternities like you would an ocean or space. As I understand it, you only travel through it momentarily while planeswalking from one plane to the other. Think of it like Star Trek/Star Wars going into hyperdrive or slip-space.
>>
>>46813087
MTG Salvation
>>
>>46813090
I don't know if star trek is the best analogy. People often do battle and race each other while traveling at warp speed.
>>
>>46813090
Well, that's the point of William's study of colorless magic, and as stated, what really makes him special. Like Ugin, he's studying the multiverse itself. The closed off plane isn't something he's going to, it's the point of the story that's he's trying to get it NOT closed off. Gaia-anon said last thread they liked the idea but might sleep on it.

>>46813051
Fair, that's why I didn't just want to throw you into it. What would be an interesting way to get our other 5 color walker involved?

>>46812944
Partially, yes. With his time travel shenanigans, I think he would start researching artificial planes and eventually Gaia herself before she became the world core.
>>
>>46813051
>to disrupt Gaia's connection to the plane's mana pool.
Gaia IS the world's mana pool.

You'd have to disrupt HER somehow.
>>
>>46813102
Where and what am I looking for there?
>>
>>46813182
Wake her up? Given eldrazi/colorless mana inspires madness, why wouldn't use them bombard her dreams give her nightmares and start stirring her? Innistrad is getting fucked up because of Emrakul's approach, and Eldrazi Conscription flavor text mentions how it affects creatures.
>>
>>46813151
I don't watch a lot of Star Trek band that would literally be impossible.

>__>
>>
>>46813221
Just start clicking stuff. It really is an amazing source for fluff. Start with Planeswalker pages and go from there.
>>
>>46813233
We'll have to wait for Gaia-anon to see it it's even possible for creatures of the Blind Eternities to touch a plain separated from the Blind Eternities.
>>
>>46813249
Naw dude, you just tell your engineer to go faster. Star Trek works exactly like that.
>>
>>46813261
Are the books good for catching up on lore or just filler stuffs
>>
>>46813090
If the dude is colorless, I bet he could actually look or stay there. The eldrazi do it.
>>
>>46799526
Who read this week's story? Who's excited about the further involvement of the Raven Man, and how Jace's insanity looks from the outside?
>>
Could the Selesnya Guild master become a planeswalker? Would the entire thing become a planeswalker, or only one of the individual elves?
>>
>>46813377
Are you refering to Ma'at Selesnya, or Trostani? Trostani is a trio of Dryad.
>>
File: Gaia forging her world.jpg (298 KB, 751x1000) Image search: [Google]
Gaia forging her world.jpg
298 KB, 751x1000
>>46811577
>>46812887
>>46812944
>>46813051

Gaia's creator here. Wow, a lot of conversation on this. I only have a little bit of time, since I'm on my lunch break, but I'll do my best to clear up some things.

Gaia's realm is totally separate from the multiverse, yet not. While this analogy isn't perfect (since the multiverse is complicated) imagine it like this: Picture an incredibly strong magnet that has the same charge as everything around it, and that constantly alters its charge to match its surroundings. This magnet would repulse everything from the outside, thus making it impossible to get even close. However, I could see some crazy spacetime fuckery could be possible to bypass the field altogether, but I'm not sure about that yet.
>>46813051
>Also, I'm pretty sure that Gaia's creator stated that her realm is not accessible to anyone from the outside. So, there is no way to travel to it unless something happens on the plane to disrupt Gaia
This is essentially correct. The safeguards for the plane are very thorough. I cannot understate exactly how much time and effort Gaia put into forging them. She literally and figuratively poured herself into them. Her plain was not forged over a period of hours or days, but over millenia. She patiently created every aspect from nothing. And doing so was not possible without great sacrifice on her part. Indeed, if her plain ever did come undone I imagine the damage to her soul and psyche would be so great that she would either die outright or never recover. Picture if someone came along and tore out your heart, your left lung, your sternum, your liver, and then lobotomized you for good measure. You never died, but neither do your wounds ever heal. This is kind of what would happen to Gaia. She intended her role as the World Core to be permanent.

Her entire concept is very much a force of nature, just like her namesake. The idea is that if she ever did bring her full might to bare,
>>
File: Gaia 2.jpg (82 KB, 528x395) Image search: [Google]
Gaia 2.jpg
82 KB, 528x395
>>46813866
>continued
it would be like a single human trying to stop a tsunami or fight a storm. However, that being said, that storm is never going to stir to its fullest at this point, nor will that tsunami ever rise up. She is permanently dormant. But neither is she totally helpless.
>>
File: Gaia 3.jpg (63 KB, 414x524) Image search: [Google]
Gaia 3.jpg
63 KB, 414x524
>>46813911
>continued again
Enough of her is aware to react. Just not enough of her to react with all of her might. She is an incredibly powerful being who chose to use her might to create and preserve, rather than conquer or dominate.
>>
File: MtG_Snowflake_Final.png (5 MB, 1801x2913) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Snowflake_Final.png
5 MB, 1801x2913
Sparse color combinations with one snowflake or less:
>Simic
>Esper
>Abzan
>Jund
>Naya
>Bant

Saturated color combinations with five snowflakes or more:
>Black
>Dimir
>Boros

Nearly saturated color combinations with four snowflakes include:
>Orzhov
>Izzet
>Selesnya
>Temur

Fun fact of the day:
>Four out of five Dimir snowflakes are heavily focused on artifacts.
>>
>>46813945
>Which is the most boring snowflake?

>Which is the most Mary Sue snowflake?

>Which is the most Tumblr snowflake?

>Which is the most off-color snowflake?

>Which is the edgiest snowflake?

>Which is the most lore-shattering snowflake?

>Which is the most magical realm snowflake?
>>
File: medusa_by_skirill-d8wj8q9.jpg (455 KB, 702x1066) Image search: [Google]
medusa_by_skirill-d8wj8q9.jpg
455 KB, 702x1066
>>46813944
She is as benevolent as the sky, but as wrathful as the storm.

>>46813233
On this note, she already has nightmares. The black aspect of her being both has nightmares and creates them on her world. There are strange and terrifying things that often crop up.
>>
>>46813911
>that storm is never going to stir to its fullest at this point
But you can still get struck by lightning, right? I mean, you can survive a lightning strike, but damn does it hurt.
>>
>>46814093
Essentially, yes.
>>
File: gladiador.jpg (26 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
gladiador.jpg
26 KB, 320x320
>>46813945
>>46813945
Someone roll the dice for Pairings
>>
>>46814210
Type dice+2d68 into the options section of your post. That allows a dice roll to occur.

And rather than roll for combat, how about we roll for two snowflakes that meet and then determine what happens from there?
>>
Rolled 11, 37 = 48 (2d68)

>>46814227
>This two will fall in love
>>
>>46813945

I appreciate the little condensings you do for the walkers.
>>
>>46814369
I don't. It excludes too many details. You get characters like Sonia that are misinterpreted because the blurb doesn't tell the entire story.
>>
>>46813945
rollan for meet & greet
>>
>>46814415
BUT WHY
>>
Rolled 35, 4 = 39 (2d67)

>>46814415
>>46814425
>>
File: 1349114257603.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1349114257603.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>>46804580
>>46804518

>Mishra becomes the new Father of Machines
>>
>>46814393
>doesn't tell the entire story

If you have to tell the entire story for someone to "get" the character at a fundamental level then that character is probably shit. And nuances can afford to be missed for something like this.
If you think a different blurb would be better that's another story, but don't suggest that it'd be better off blank or having the full bio for every single walker.
>>
>>46814439
>a spy and a smuggler

Fair enough
>>
>>46814491
I'm just saying, fifty words instead of twenty would be far better. Every blurb reads as 'when something happened to X, X's spark ignited, now X wanders between planes doing thematic things.'
>>
dice+2d68
>>
>>46813866
>Picture if someone came along and tore out your heart, your left lung, your sternum, your liver, and then lobotomized you for good measure.
Brutal m8.
>>
File: phyrexia.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
phyrexia.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
So,

how would your special snowflake do against the Invasion
>>
>>46814666
not done making him yet, but deny the invasion out of existence and throw monsters at the ones not so easily removed.
>>
>>46814666
Nice trips
>>
>>46814666
What would yours do, Satan?
>>
>>46814540
>Every blurb reads as 'when something happened to X, X's spark ignited, now X wanders between planes doing thematic things.'

You say that like it's a bad thing. Seems like a pretty good set up for quick run downs of the walkers. It's not supposed to be comprehensive. Are you misjudging the value of something easy to read for people who otherwise have no investment?
>>
Is it wrong that I want to see a story about Thalia's Lieutenant where her big brother was Champion of the Parish from the OG Innistrad?

Constantly looks up to her big brother and wants to impress him?
>>
>>46814924
I mean I'd just make a deck with the two of them instead but that works too.
>>
>>46813866
>>46813911
>>46813944
Such a sad and flavorful concept. I'd run a game in her world.
>>
>>46814878
It's too formulaic. It takes individual characters and just breaks them down into something boring and non-evocative, makes them as indistinguishable as well, snowflakes in a blizzard.
>>
>>46814990
Eh, it's the vorthos in me. I just like the idea because they're so mechanically similar.
>>
File: Ka'koarm.png (3 MB, 2348x1669) Image search: [Google]
Ka'koarm.png
3 MB, 2348x1669
angry fishman coming through!
>>
>>46810028
And was it Gaia that tried to torture him for all eternity, only to be drawn into him for a while and unlock green mana for him?
>>
>>46815442
You mean Urza was drawn into Gaia.

Gaia X Urza when?
>>
>>46815499
already happened, the kavu are proof
>>
>>46815511
Holy shit. What if flake Gaia and Dominarian Gaea are the same being, and flake Gaia inspired the myths of Gaea when she visited Dominaria?
>>
>46813983
But would she be prepared for colorless mana/eldrazi? Is it incorporates into her plane? I dont want the plane to be where the fight happens, but what the fight is about.

Would she have agents abroad set up to help protect it from outside? If you dont want that to be the focus of the story that's cool.
>>
>>46814666
Haven't made his sheet yet, but:

>Burn every drop of oil he finds. Burn it till not even vapors remain.
>Burn fucking everything.
>>
>>46813945
You took Vronak off the sheet?
>>
>>46814666
Introduce them to the horrifying magics of colorless mana, and see who wins: eldrazi or phyrexia.
>>
>>46810330
1. You have to be born, not made. This rules out most Elementals, Golems, really constructs of mana or material. Don't forget that the vast vast majority of Angels and Demons are constructs of white and black mana respectively.

As for egg-laying species (such as Viashino, Aven, certain Dragons, etc. most likely) I'd err on the side of allowing them. My personal theory is that the trauma of birth (going from a warm, small, safe space to a cold, large, scary world) is analogous to planeswalking, and thus birth (or a C-section if you're a product of one like me) grants the spark.to that one in a million. Hatching from an egg is close enough in spirit to count as well.

2. Your spirit/soul must not be separated from your body. This rules out pretty much all forms of undead.

Phyrexians also cannot be planeswalkers, though the jury is out on whether the Oil (a manmade invention) is against sparks (a natural part of the multiverse) or rather if compleation by necessity of phyresis is at odds with the formation of sparks. What I'm saying is that since nearly all Phyrexians (and certainly all full Phyrexians) are either vatborn (made) and/or partially undead, the only way to create a Phyrexian walker would be through farming indoctrinated, Oil infused, living humans until one got a spark AND ignited AND came back. A process that only we outside the game could conceive of and would be incredibly inefficient, so never happening.
>>
>>46815879
Got killed by Chillbrass. But hey, reanimator so who knows?
>>
>>46816001
best reason I heard for Phyrexians not being able to get a spark is that the process of Compleation actually requires for the subject to die.

That being said Oil is essentially the embodiment of death while sparks are the embodiment of life and as such cannot interact so that might also be the case.
>>
>>46816022
>Razorcock bellows and Vronak rises from the grave.
>"Not even death is an escape from the games!"
>>
>>46814666
The only correct answer for anyone that isn't actually autistic is dying a quick and painful death
>>
>>46815499
>Gaia X Urza when?
Do you mean flake Gaia or Dominaria Gaea?
>>
>>46816284
Razorcock is a cruel and dank master.
>>
>>46816034
I'd much prefer the first reason.

I have a problem when man made advances/inventions interfere on an equal level with natural forces. Sort of putting the carriage in front of the horse.

Closest example I can think of is lab grown meat and where it stands with vegans. While lab grown meat is an animal product, once the initial subject is obtained you can grow much more than the cells that were donated/taken. Are vegans against animal products because they require killing and abuse of animals, or because they're animal products period? Are they defined by what they refuse to eat or why they refuse to eat it?
>>
>>46816609
really depends on the Vegan. I have a vegan friend who doesn't like the cruelty to animals but said if she could eat meat without killing she'd eat meat all the time. Others don't like the taste of meat in general
>>
>>46816368
Flake Gaia. I didn't realize there was a Dominaria Gaea.
>>
>>46814666
This us what Hondick has been waiting for his whole life.
>>
>>46816326
Oh there are other valid answers. like "Compleated into a faceless grunt", "Died a SLOW and EXTREMELY painful death, likely for science", and "Fled at the first sign"
>>
>>46814666
>One would burn it all to the ground
>One would throw big things at it until it dies
>One would loot the shit out of it while everyone else is fighting then sell what was stolen for an obnoxiously large price
>>
File: Belagir.jpg (488 KB, 585x780) Image search: [Google]
Belagir.jpg
488 KB, 585x780
>>46815738
>But would she be prepared for colorless mana/eldrazi?
That's a good question. I don't want to say that she's an uber mary sue who knows everything about everything and can't be beaten, but considering she is an Urza/Ugin category walker, I would not be surprised if she knew about them and had prepared for it. What do you think? Too much? I'm really trying to avoid crossing the line from "flavorful god" to "mary sue".

> I dont want the plane to be where the fight happens, but what the fight is about.
I like that. That's a good approach.

>Would she have agents abroad set up to help protect it from outside?
She actually does not have any outside agents. From her pov, she felt that knowledge of her plain was its greatest risk, so she wanted to keep it hidden from the eyes of creation forever. Thus no outside agents of any kind.

However, I did come up with an interesting idea for a character last night. He's not quite a guardian, but a poet.

His name is Belagir the Bard (pic related), and he sings lullabies and ballads to the trees, the earth, and anyone who will listen. He literally sings lullabies to Gaia. But he's not really aware of her existence. In his mind, he knows the world is alive, and he sings to it for its beauty and grace. But he does not realize the one he sings to is literally a person, or that Gaia hears his songs and knows him by name.

He isn't a planeswalker since (as I said before) there are no planeswalkers born in Gaia's realm (since it's separate from the Blind Eternities). However, there is a hole in his soul (which he uses song to fill). Had he been born on another world, he would have been born with a spark. I imagine if his world does end up collapsing, the aether would rush in fill the void in him, granting him a spark and causing his ascension. He may not even be the only planeswalker to be born from the dead plane this way. But the price of his ascension is terrible.
>>
>>46804798
ELDRAZI SYMPATHIZERS GO HOME, REEEEEEEE
>>
>>46817591
Phyrexiafags are worse
>>
snowstorm update when?
>>
File: Gaia, the World Core.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Gaia, the World Core.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
>>46817532
>Continued
>Gaia flake sheet for updated reference
Anyway, if William did try to enter her realm, I imagine Belagir would play a role in the story. Maybe even become the world's guardian.
>>
>>46817643
Ahem
>>46813945
>>
File: 1409234874029.png (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1409234874029.png
3 MB, 1280x720
When I imagine my snowflake deck I like to imagine that all of the creatures are set out like an army would be set out on a large battlefield in formations and such. But snowflakes, what is that BIGBAD scary unit everyones afraid of in your ranks? The one someone would see coming about and thing "Well fuck, gg"?
>>
>>46817696
Not all snowflakes are on there. A new one's been posted right here>>46815335 so snowstorm update fucking when?
>>
>>46817731
never with that attitude
>>
>>46817731
Jeezus it's just one flake. Calm the fuck down. Flake anon took over a day to update the chart before. At least give it 24 hours.
>>
>>46817731
please do not rush people for my flake's sake. It's all cool.
>>
>>46817769
>>46817759
>>46817793
Someone less fucking lazy should update it then.

Someone get on it so this shit is actually updated regularly.
>>
>>46816647
That second type is called a vegetarian.

Vegans always have moral/ethical reasons.

Vegetarians are moreso about health/taste.
>>
>>46817803
dudebra, naw, it's cool
relax
>>
>>46817699
Eldrazi Titans
Praetors
Hatebears
Board Wipes
Well defended Planeswalkers
Biggest Blackest Lotus
>>
File: FLAKES.png (5 MB, 1801x2913) Image search: [Google]
FLAKES.png
5 MB, 1801x2913
>>46817803
I added Vronak back in. But adding new flake is a bit more complicated than just tacking a flake onto the end.. Give it a minute.
>>
>>46817699
Yawgmoth, Urza, Yawgmoth and Urza tag team.
>>
>>46817855
Oh wow, you didn't even do it properly. Vronak's clipping over Ygraine and has a ton of empty space between it and Gaia.
>>
>>46817976
Then you do it, faggot. Working with a touchpad is hell.
>>
>>46818007
If you're not going to do something right, don't do it at all.
>>
>>46818041
>>46818007
girls please, this is a sacred place
>>
>>46818041
Suck my dick. I bet you can do that right. You sound like a juicy bitch.
>>
>>46817976

Christ, don't badger a guy to hastily update something and then bitch about it. The layout of the chart has to change a lot every time even one flake gets added if you want to keep all the colors together. There's a reason the chart takes a while to update.

Although if we're going to keep rolling dice to determine things, I'm wondering if when it is time for a proper big update if we should number the flakes so it's easy to reference dice results.
>>
File: thumbs m8.gif (974 KB, 240x149) Image search: [Google]
thumbs m8.gif
974 KB, 240x149
>>46817532
>Belagir

I like it. Very Tolkien.
>>
File: 1411421227093.jpg (60 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1411421227093.jpg
60 KB, 400x400
>>46817874
>Yawgmoth and Urza tag team
>>
>>46817681
>>46817532
Interesting, but that brings up the problem of her agency in William getting to the plane. I dont want to say she's conpletely forgotten about colorless mana, but making her beyond reproach removes the entire storyline.

I'd suggest something like a planar portal if we could make that work, like a one way thing that's stuff out without getting in. Your bard could get out, and become the subject of a chase to find iut about his realm.

If we set this up like a mtg blockn the. Let set 1 be about getting to gaiacs plane, 2 be getting there and the tragedy of it falling apart from colorless mana/the barriers breaking, and 3 be the end or reinforced by new colorless making making it a real, whole plane.
>>
>>46814540
The formula could admittedly use a bit more variation, but those are the key points in a planeswalker's story. And /tg/ can't into brevity, so everyone's backstory is a slog. Less is more. For the chart, all that's needed is a general overview to see what's already been done.
>>
>the only walkers being talked about are the five-color and colorless trash

feels bad man
>>
>>46818967
Well, have someone else you want to discuss/get a repost of the page for?
>>
>>46818967
>five-color
Hey now. I actually like Gaia. William less so. But I would totally run a campaign in Gaia's plain.
>>
>>46818967
Well we're the only ones here it feels like, get involved, talk to or about other walkers. Tell your story.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.