[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ Shadowrun General- Pump Up The Magic, Pump Up The Jam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: Magical Society.jpg (94 KB, 900x582) Image search: [Google]
Magical Society.jpg
94 KB, 900x582
Connecting to JackPoint VPN...
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>Enter Passcode: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to < ERROR: NODE UNKNOWN >

>Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
>Issue tracker:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues/

Last thread: >>46724295

So the last thread had some talk about bioadepts, and how they're the bomb because once you initiate it's no problem. Am I the only one who thinks initiation should be a big deal? IMO, it's worth a mini-session one on one with the mage/adept (unless you've got multiple Awakened characters with the same tradition) to go on a metaplanar jaunt, chat with their Mentor Spirit, or whatever else they need to do to deepen their connection with magic. It's one of those character things that are also important for balance, I think- while some people just go and get new metal shoved into their bodies when they have the cash, an Awakened character who wants to get better at magic can't take the shortcuts of technology. They have to work for their magic.
>>
File: 1460059752525.jpg (162 KB, 734x1200) Image search: [Google]
1460059752525.jpg
162 KB, 734x1200
>>46756430
That's as easy as sticking a rigger cocoon into a Citymaster. You'd want to mod it (sacrifice some internal space for weaponry and extra armour, for starters) but it's eminently doable with just core and Rigger 5.
>>
I'm looking to prepare a small bundle for a location (describe the location, it's security, prepare a couple of maps and plot hooks), but I'm lacking inspiration as to what to do. It shouldn't be too big, cause then I'll never finish it.

Any ideas/suggestions?
>>
>>46756678
A bar and club with a bunraku parlor on the second floor.
>>
File: 1426083316226.jpg (125 KB, 600x826) Image search: [Google]
1426083316226.jpg
125 KB, 600x826
I was curious, has anyone run a Lone Star campaign, or some other game of shadowrun with a law enforcement cast of characters? If so, or if not, what advice would one give to someone curious about running a game like that?

People think shadowrunners get all the fun, but there's such a wide range of possible casts for a crew to play... Well, the sky's the limit.
>>
>>46756488
>Rigger 5

Hmm, what if I'm wanting to do this with tech levels from the 50's, i.e. SR2/SR3?
>>
>>46756702
I've had an idea where each player has two characters, one as a detective on a task force and one as a member on a lone star SWAT team.
Basically, the task force group would go do detective stuff and get leads/enough evidence for a raid, then we would swap over to the other characters for the raid portion, with each group having their own stories and such.
>>
File: Redline.gif (872 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Redline.gif
872 KB, 500x281
>>46756712
Rigger 2 or 3. All you need is a cocoon, a burly vehicle, and whatever splat has the customization rules so you can bolt a turret onto it. using an actual tank is cheating
>>
Player wants to create a skin pocket equivalent with body sculpt. Should I let him?
>>
>>46756784
why not
>>
>>46756784
Tell him to body sculpt a larger anus and use that.
>>
>>46756773
Well, the idea being to make it as a Fuchikoma lies in the essential notion that I'd be taking the cocoon, then building a quad-ped walking tank with just enough cockpit space for a single person out of the thing, yeah? Or are you basically saying that I'd be taking a burly vehicle and effectively cannibalizing the sucker to take on that much more miniature and compacted in this case? Since a Fuchikoma is a pretty small and compact fucker compared to the other tanks.
>>
>>46756444
I am not sure people who are saying that bio adepts are amaizng are quite correct. You lose both a point of current and max magic when you dip in essence. Not only max magic. See example on CRB 278.

What you are describing about initiations is called ordeal. They provide discount mechanically and otherwise are a cool thing. Without them you can only initiate once a month with arcana test. AKA doing magical homework. Most ordeals eat a month anyway, but some do not.

>>46756712
Editions don't really work well in timescapes that are not their own.

>>46756784
>>
>>46756815
I thought the goal was just to make a personal tank (using any vehicle other than a tank as a base would make it de facto a small tank, because tanks are fucking huge), and by adding on armour and weapons it naturally restricts space for other people, ending up with something just big enough to hold a cocoon. I didn't know walking was an important goal.
>>
File: 1447033928131.jpg (105 KB, 580x1500) Image search: [Google]
1447033928131.jpg
105 KB, 580x1500
>>46756824
I did not know ordeals were a separate thing. As per ancient custom, I'm going to blame CGL editing for my mistakes.
>>
>>46756793
Well mainly because the power is intended to be used for infiltration, and while the user is capable of altering body mass and height in some fashion, and modify superficial parts of her body, I'm not sure it's poweful enough to make essentially a kangaroo bag.
>>
>>46756861
The question was as to creating a Fuchikoma, so.. the quad-ped aspect is kind of a given. Technically speaking, quad-ped tanks do exist in Shadowrun, though I imagine they are a lot larger than a Fuchikoma, which is probably barely much larger than a Mini.
>>
>>46756947
I'd like to support you, but I can't in good faith. That power allows a woman to grow a dick. I'm not joking. I'm pretty sure body pocket won't be out of range of possibilites.
>>
File: Ares Mule.png (286 KB, 733x509) Image search: [Google]
Ares Mule.png
286 KB, 733x509
>>46756970
Well, you switched to just mini-tank, so I thought that requirement was dropped.

In that case... Ares Mule? It's 50 years old, so it fits in whatever timeframe you want, but you'd need to sink a lot of money into it to make the cocoon safe and not just a big target sitting on the back as it slowly ambles around.
>>
>>46756702
I've played a Lone Star campaign before with normal assignments/detective work, and right now we're playing a Knight Errant shadow team, which honestly isn't that different from running in most cases, except we have some solid support now and then. DocWagon campaigns sound fun.
>>
>>46757380
To be honest, a docwagon campaign sounds hilarious. Especially since if they're getting called in, it means things have already went to shit.
>>
>>46757450
Docwagon campaigns are cool because you never know if you will be helping runners get out, or helping keep runners out.
>>
>>46757096
Well, I mean, I could pull the legs off of the Mule, certainly. But the general idea would be to build this bitch, not just buy a pre-existing model and fit a cocoon to it. Hence the question being about building one, not buying something LIKE one and using that.
>>
File: SteelLynx.jpg (50 KB, 472x269) Image search: [Google]
SteelLynx.jpg
50 KB, 472x269
>>46757573
Here we go.. best choice would be to take the Steel Lynx, and then alter the legs, and then fit a pod with a Rigger Cocoon onto the back of it.
>>
>>46757006
Yeah, but she's just extending a part she already has, which is the clitoris. Metahumans don't have an organ that in any way resembles a skin pocket.

But I guess there's no harm in allowing it.
>>
File: 1437270538492.jpg (323 KB, 1500x971) Image search: [Google]
1437270538492.jpg
323 KB, 1500x971
>>46757573
You've got a lot of rules and stipulations that can't be definitely answered by anyone other than your GM, omae. The only thing I can say is that I don't think any edition of SR has rules for building a vehicle completely from scratch, and not starting with a base that you modify.

>>46757831
Hence >>46756797
>>
so I've been spinning my wheels coming up with characters but not fleshing them out or having anywhere to play them.

Which of these would you rather play with:

Dj Merlin, the musical mage who releases an album when he gets shot

Lost arthur, a slightly unstable melee adept who gets all his weapons from a lady who lives in a pond out by the stuffer shack

As-of-yet-unnamed, an amnesiac on the run from EVO

or snips, the sneaky organ grinding doctor bot
>>
File: yigit-koroglu-medical-drone.jpg (133 KB, 1024x866) Image search: [Google]
yigit-koroglu-medical-drone.jpg
133 KB, 1024x866
>>46757944
>or snips, the sneaky organ grinding doctor bot

Is that an AI in a medical drone chassis, or a cybered up doctor?
>>
>>46757966
AI in medical drone chassis if possible.
May just have a doctor in so much cyber it is basically a robot if the AI drone thing doesn't pan out mechanically.
>>
File: 1459983817736.jpg (807 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459983817736.jpg
807 KB, 600x1000
>>46757986
Then either Merlin or Arthur for one of my games, which towards the extravagant, and snips for something more serious and black trenchcoaty. 'Amnesiac on the run' is something I'm tired of, especially because as the usual GM it either means, "I can't think of a cool backstory, make up one for me," or "I have pages of backstory that I expect to feature heavily in the campaign's story."
>>
>>46758073
hm.
The amnesiac's backstory is actually pretty simple. Yet another evo supersoldier program, the guy escapes, gets shot in the head as his getaway vehicle is going, burns an edge, gets recovered by some rando who becomes a contact, then bam bing boom you hit the modern day.

Otherwise, I am glad the characters seem acceptable.
>>
>>46757450
>Responding to urgent distress signal from platinum contract holder's home
>Gonna resuscitate the drek out of you, citizen
>No response from door, troll has to takeout down with a fluid sledge
>Ready for anything
>Start to clear the first room, knock head on synthskin dragon dildo hanging from ceiling
>There's dragon dildos everywhere
>3D printers, feedstock, and molds
>No longer ready for anything
>imnotcenteredenoughforthis.sim
>Hear struggling in next room
>Contract holder stuck on massive dragon dong, feet can't touch the floor
>Too fat to pull himself off
>Have to call in second troll to dislodge the Great Dragon Dunkleschlong

This drek writes itself.
>>
>>46757831
You don't need to give them a perfect one. Halve conceivability bonus, and you have a player that got what they wanted without making it seem like the body pocket ware is useless.
>>
>>46758073
though, now that I think of it, it's weird that organ legging goes in the black trenchcoat and not the over the top, I thought it was vice versa.
>>
File: the_shrink.jpg (116 KB, 1000x781) Image search: [Google]
the_shrink.jpg
116 KB, 1000x781
>>46757966
That thing gives me flashbacks to The Shrink..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVntNQ_EXE8
>>
>>46758314
man being an intense doctor bot is one of the main reasons I want to play that character.
>>
File: 1438583475800.jpg (635 KB, 1000x769) Image search: [Google]
1438583475800.jpg
635 KB, 1000x769
>>46758105
It's not necessarily about simplicity, just about prevalence. If you listen to the System Mastery Podcast, sometimes they talk about 'drawbacks' that aren't really drawbacks at all, because while they might theoretically make things difficult for the character to the player it's effectively buying the spotlight- Wanted is the SR equivalent to the generic Nemesis quality they talk about (which it sounds like the EVO character would get), because while technically not good for the character, what it means in practise is that the GM feels obligated to bring up the quality, which means large parts of the game revolve specifically around that character.

To clarify, it's not that having sessions devoted specifically to a given character is bad, but that qualities like this tend to seep out everywhere in the game and restructure it around that character. A significant chunk of the campaign can be taken up with EVO teams or shadowrunners going for that character, and it can rebuild any relationships with NPCs as soon as they find out about the bounty (and in many cases, it doesn't make sense for them not to know). And if the GM is determined not to let Wanted take over? That's 10 karma with no consequence. It's a win-win.

>>46758231
Organ legging can go either way, in my experience, from shady deals for a new kidney to trying to sell Tamanous a warehouse full of gangers. I just don't often see doctors outside of serious, low-key campaigns, because it's a hell of a lot more fun to be the guy making messes than the one cleaning them up.
>>
>>46758390
I am upset that one in every few of my characters I want to play one day has already been played so much that someone can form a well thought out argument about why their traits might make them have more narrative presence than I had expected.

And, as for that second point, I -do- sort of hope to get to clean up a lot of messes with that character, as I always have a little secondary meta-game objective of creating as many possible PCs running around as possible, which is easy if you get rights to the group's captives and have some spare cyberware from the guys who didn't make it.
>>
>>46756702
Currently in a campaign where the players work for a private security company. We've somehow managed to out-Pink Mohawk our usual shadowrunning fare.

This is a game where the face has a Holland & Holland elephant gun cut-down so the inscription on the barrel just reads "HOLLA".
>>
File: 1438739375444.jpg (469 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1438739375444.jpg
469 KB, 2560x1600
>>46758453
>I always have a little secondary meta-game objective of creating as many possible PCs running around as possible, which is easy if you get rights to the group's captives and have some spare cyberware from the guys who didn't make it.

So your plan is to take guys the group has captured, fill them with cyberware, and let them live? It seems like your Future PC:Immediate Dangerous Enemy ratio is way out of whack.

Also, why would they ever join the runners? It seems like there's only a couple of instances where they could possibly end up committing to a long working relationship with the guys who once kidnapped and forcibly augmented them.
>>
>>46758557
oh, no, they're not possible PCs for OUR group.
They're off having their own adventures.

And I assume I give them some serious mickey to make their memory of the incident hazy at best.
>>
Does anyone find themselves just making characters for game they'll never play?
I'm sitting on about a dozen characters (Karma Gen, Street Scum, regular priority) with fleshed out backstories and various levels of magic/chrome.
Why are there so few GMs?
>>
>>46758794
I am considering GMing, as I never get to actually play the game.
I am terrified of it, however, as I never actually got to play the game.
>>
>>46758794
>>46758816
Not to put too fine a point on it but if you want to just play you can join one of two reddit's living campaigns (they are both linked in /r/shadowrun).

And the reason for so few GM's is same as every system - it's hard work yo!
>>
>>46758879
I was always weirded out by those living campaign things super bad
>>
>>46758928
It's nothing to be afraid of. You make a character you write basic backstory for them. You check that they are rules legal for campaing of your preference. You submit them. Chargen stuff helps you figure out quirks if you missed something and provides lore/rules/minmaxing advice as appropriate.

So long as you don't go snowflake all advice you gonna be getting is mechanical. Get approved.

Then you write a oneliner to a paragraph for a game you'd like to join and link your sheet. Boom done. Worst that can happen you don't get picked.

After that it's same as playing with randoms you picked up in gamefinder/ roll20/ w/e, except you have less chances for asshole GM's and players since they get filtered by the staff.
>>
>>46758816
Uh, I'd be willing to work with you as I've been playing for about a year (and I've GM'd a game of Food Fight) if you're still interested.

>>46758879
It's not that there's anything wrong with RunnerHub/Runner... Chronicle(?) I just don't like the idea for some reason I can't explain.
>>
>>46759009
>I just don't like the idea for some reason I can't explain
I am not a fan of living campaigns in general. I find them feeling wrong. Not enough life in it as it were. But I really think they work well for SR, because lets face it SR, as a system, is about shadowruns, its not about life in 6th world, its not about finer details of corporate politics, its about commiting crimes. Sure there is stuff you can do in downtime, but it's largely secondary to the runs themselves.

With living campaings of SR you just happen to commit them with different teams instead of a steady one.
>>
>>46758879
>lebbit
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>46759295
Yes yes you can do that.
>>
>>46758146
>MY SIDES
>>
File: k SWAT-Proofs Many Houses.jpg (2 MB, 3762x3323) Image search: [Google]
k SWAT-Proofs Many Houses.jpg
2 MB, 3762x3323
>>46758146
>>
How do I the snowflakiest character? Prototype metahuman + exceptional attribute + then what?
>>
>>46759504
Emotional Attachment: Katana of my Ancestors, a family of drakes that stuck around during the 5th world
>>
>>46759504
Dryad. You can never go right with dryad.
>>
>>46759504
>>46759539
Forgot my gif
>>
>>46759539
>>46759540

Prototype metadryad exceptionally agile katana adept. I'm liking it. Any more suggestions?
>>
>>46759618
Why not mysad? I mean you are a dryad, might as well abuse it.
>>
>>46756702
We are playing a Knight Errand game at the moment as a stopgap while our DnD GM is unavailable. Its fun, we ham the Cop Drama up: Corrupt Politicians, Hookers killed by shady societies, that kind of stuff. Kinda low level game wise (GMs preference).

One thing that kinda sucks is that we have nearly no progression gadget and gear wise. If you run a LE game give the players a squad budget for custom gear and gadgets. (Or maybe i am biased as gear-tinkering is one of my favourite things in SR)
>>
>>46759618
Stick some SURGE on there as well, why not? If you've got the Karma left, drop for Restricted Gear on an F6 Weapon Focus for your katana as well, make it supr speshul. Also? Nanoware. Get some Nanoware and claim it's immune to CFD for reasons (the mechanical reason being it's not self-replicating).
>>
>>46759726
Mysad is a bit more priority-intensive, I'm having trouble trying to gather funds to buy the weapon focus and ware with.

But I might be able to make it work.
>>
>>46759618
>Prototype metadryad SURGEd banshee.
>>
>>46759566
I'm sick of all this masterwork gif bullshit.
>>
Question: Is a combat focused Character who mainly fights with a bow, and is effective at that, possible in 5e?
If so, how?

If not, is there a way to make a non combat character for whom fighting with a bow is at least not awful?
>>
>>46759933
Maybe nocturna to be REALLY agile and edgy. This guy would be a Renraku assassin, full-on 'pssht, nothing personnel, kid'-type
>>
>>46759804
First, (you), second, SURGE would force the character to have deltaware which he really can't afford at thidspoint.
>>
>>46760028
Your first problem will be that bows are slow to reload / fire, and you want to kill fast. Gear Access and / or Rapid Draw adept power may help with that.

Then you have the issue of putting a lot of resources into almost being as good as someone with a rifle. If you're ok with that, then it's all good.
>>
>>46760135
>SURGE would force the character to have deltaware
... You've mixed yourself up somewhere.
>>
File: 1460519473707.jpg (236 KB, 1200x1432) Image search: [Google]
1460519473707.jpg
236 KB, 1200x1432
>>46756444
What's a good game that lets you cyberpunk but be on the bottom of the pecking order instead of the bee's knees?

I'm enjoying Shadowrun except for all the times I get reminded that the PC's are usually the absolute best at whatever it is they do aside from the top 1%'s extra-breaking gear and such.

It'd just like a little more grunge in my cyberpunk.
>>
>>46760387

I'm fairly sure shifters need to have delta-grade drek if they want ware. And the character is prototype metanocturna, so he would have ware.
>>
>>46760135
>shitposter confirmed to never read the rules
>>
>>46760062
But nocturna are not snowflakes! They are black
>>
>>46760541
Changeling =/= shifter, omae.
>>46760481
Sum-to-7 street level campaigns will give you that feeling, but you'll also have to deal with the players feeling like they can't do anything.
>>
>>46760541
SURGE != shapeshifter
>>
>>46758553
>This is a game where the face has a Holland & Holland elephant gun cut-down so the inscription on the barrel just reads "HOLLA".
That's pretty pink.
i love it
>>
>>46760028
Hawkeye works fine in 5e. You have a fair range of options with the specialist arrowheads in Run and Gun, including a couple of strength-independent options. Hard Targets also has some stuff worth looking at.

Your damage is close to an assault rifle, but you lose access to the options burst fire and full auto allow.

You're going to need at least decent strength to give you range, which is going to eat up a fair amount of chargen resources. Crossbows are a decent alternative if you aren't at 9 or 10 strength.

The Archery skill also covers some other weapons, like the sling and harpoon gun, which you might find a use for once in a while.

There are a few adept powers for archery specifically, but none of them are particularly great so you aren't losing much by being a muggle instead.
>>
>>46760633
>>46760639
So let me get this straight; all shifters are surge, but not all surges are shifters?
>>
>>46758553
You. Award this player my admiration. This made me chuckle more than it should have
>>
>>46760893
No, they're separate things.

Shifters are awakened creatures that are able to transform into metahumans at will.
Changelings are metahumans that have been permanently transformed by higher-than-normal surges of magic, such as from Halley's Comet in 2064
>>
>>46760795
>high str
That's kind of a sticking point for me: Should I go Orc or Troll, cyber up or only get exceptional attribute? !
>>
>>46760893

Shapeshifters are entirely separate from SURGE.

Shifters are animals that can magically transform into humans, thanks to the Awakening in general. They've been around longer than changelings, IIRC.

Changelings are humans and metahumansaffected by SURGE. The mana spikes during Halley's Comet triggered a new wave of UGE (the same phenomenon that made people turn into trolls and orks) that was weirder and less consistent.

Now that the comet's gone, new changelings are relatively rare. It still happens, usually when someone who's got the genes for it finds themselves in an area of high mana.

Also, changelings can pass some of their traits down to their children. I think it'd be pretty funny to play a changeling who was a genetic mishmash of two different changelings.

>half cat
>half bird
>all shadowrunner
>>
>>46760965
>>46761036
Oh, okay. Cheers.
>>
>>46760995
Used Muscle Augmentation 3 costs only .75 essence. A human adept could get by with that and one rank of improved strength.

A mundane human could go for cyberarms and redliner, or muscle augs and exceptional attribute/metagenetic improvement from surge/optimized strength gene mod/myostatin inhibitor genemod, or you could top off with drugs. Lots of options, some better than others. I like cyberlimbs, but I'm in the minority.

A mage or mysad could sustain increased strength.
>>
>>46761139

Null sweat, chummer.
>>
>>46759750

Looking at the npc listings for Knight Errant, most of the gear they normally get is crap unless it is time for HTR or SWAT. So sort of par course.
>>
>>46761139
That said, shapeshifters can be changelings, too.
>>
File: unplugged_by_helixel-d8gnotz.png (2 MB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
unplugged_by_helixel-d8gnotz.png
2 MB, 900x1273
>>46761298

Wait, really?

Do they have their changeling traits in both forms?

Like, if you're a bear shapeshifter with Shiva Arms, are you a six-legged bear?

If you're a Vulpine Shapeshifter with a Vestigial Tail, do you have two tails?

My brain is full of fuck.
>>
>>46761438
Really comes down to how you & the gm interpret it. (normal plus vestigial tails, or swap for vestigial tail? etc.)
Features do carry over between animal & human form.

Year Of The Comet put shifters as more likely to SURGE, and 4/5e haven't explicitly denied that.
>>
>>46761590

Shifters can't become Infected since they're not metahumans, right?

Because a vampire changeling shapeshifter prototype would have to be the most snowflake character possible.
>>
>>46761748
yes, Run Faster is a bit looser on what you can do with the infected templates than 5ed is, but it would require a GM that was a special kind of retarded to get that to fly.
>>
>>46762299
looser than 4ed, fuck.
>>
>>46762299
Or just not a stuck-up asshole maybe.
>>
>>46761590
>>46761438

>The Vestigial Tail quality is incompatible with the Functional Tail (p. 115), cybernetic, or bioware tails.
RF 123
>>
File: MarySue.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
MarySue.pdf
1 B, 486x500
I've done it. I've made potentially the most Mary-Sue character possible in Shadowrun. This build is completely legal at chargen and it absolutely ridiculous in more than one way.

Start with a Falconine Shapeshifter, because falcons are super cool and every Mary-Sue can fly.

Her metahuman form is a dryad, because she's super in tune with nature and super pretty.

She's also a super magical adept, which is why I've given her Exceptional Attribute: Magic.

Add in Prototype Transhuman, because she's an experimental super-soldier.

She's also got Amnesia, because of course she does. She's the protagonist, after all.

Her Prototype downside is that she's an Astral Beacon. After all, she's super magic, so her aura is super strong.

Did I mention that they also exposed her to super high mana levels? It made her SURGE, but it also left her with terminal brain cancer, which is why she was abandoned on the streets.

All said and done she's:

1 part falcon
1 part cat (tail, cat eyes, Vomeronasal Organ)
1 part mermaid (gills, retractable hand webbing)
1 part spider (spider-silk gland)
1 part electric eel (electrical discharge)
1 part dragon (horns)
1 part chameleon (chameleon skin)

Her hair changes color with her feelings.

She goes on runs naked, so she can use her chameleon skin and so her clothes don't get in the way of her shapeshifting.

She's fine without armor because she never gets hit. 18 base Defense dice will do that.

And even though she looks like she's 12, it's ok because she's actually 18.

Finally, 1 Logic because there's no Logic here

I'm super disappointed there wasn't enough Positive Quality room to pick up Too Pretty To Hit. She had the spare karma for it and everything.
>>
>>46763269
I r8 8/8 bretty gr8 m8
>>
File: blowakiss.gif (930 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
blowakiss.gif
930 KB, 500x281
>>46763536

Glad you liked it.

As a question for everyone, what would you do if this abomination of a runner showed up to your table?
>>
>>46763269
Those bioware picks...
>>
>>46763723
Come up with something more over the top, then proceed to play in the most serious way possible.
>>
>>46763810

Muscle toner is a boring part of every bio adept build. Why not be an aquatic falcon that electrocutes people and shoots spidersilk out of her ass?

>>46763839
>more over the top

I'd love to see you try.
>>
>>46763723
Hope I roll 3 of a kind so I can make them die of terminal brain cancer
>>
>>46763942

Vampire instead of shapeshifter, magician following a super special tradition with a super special mentor spirit who's also a loli. Actually useful traits and not just mix- matched traits.
>>
>>46762392
All I meant was in 5ed you have the option to apply the some of the templates to a range of metahuman types and some of the abilities are optional, whereas the 4e versions were fixed blocks that were specific to one metatype, with the exception of ghoul of course.
>>
>>46763723
For a second there I thought you were talking smack about Sweet JP.
>>
Okay, so Shadowrun is a pretty interesting setting with years of advancing lore. Is there any book or wiki (or something) where i can find all the plot points through the years? I'm kinda interested in reading the overral like a novel...
thanks in advance.
>>
So running silent in 5e, the defender uses a dice pool of LOG+Sleaze to remain unnoticed, and the rules state that you can run silent with your commlink, deck or other device and yet the RCC & commlink doesn't even have a Sleaze stat. Would you just use LOG to defend then?

Why don't these people understand editing?
>>
>>46764571
if it doesnt have a sleaze stat, it cant run silent is my understanding
>>
GM question here, I will undoubtedly be making a building floorplan for my players, but should I reveal all the counter intrusion security measures on the floorplan that I give to the players?

Or should objects like sensors, maglocks, cameras, traps, etc remain hidden on the floorplan and only known to and referred by the Johnson (if s/he even knows at all?)

I'm guessing that legwork would be the best way to gradually reveal security intrusion countermeasures.
>>
I really want to play as a security spider. How do I do this in a shadowrun context?
>>
>>46764743
That's what I assumed as well, but the example for the Rigger mentions a decker trying to find a rigger running his drones silently.
>>
>>46764805
If you're still gainfully employed, you'd take a SIN disadvantage trait and probably look at the skillset of a decker (or rigger depending) and the infiltration specialist in the core.
>>
>>46764571
Other question. Why would a guy having his gun bricked get intuition in his dice pool when a decker is bricking it via the matrix?
>>
>>46764853
I want to be able to hook up into a building and just start mangling things with doors and windows.
>>
>>46764743
I don't believe that's correct.

I am not aware of anything that states as a general rule that you need to have points in both halves of a pool to make a test.

Defaulting on basic skills explicitly states that you take -1 if using just your attribute, and it specifically states that you cannot default on other skills.

For matrix devices, it is explicitly stated that you cannot perform an action with sleeze or attack as its limit if your device does not have a sleeze or attack rating.

I have not seen anything, anywhere, that states you need a sleeze rating for an action that uses sleeze as part of the pool but not as the limit. Were prior editions different?
>>
>>46764907
You'll want to invest in datataps, b&e gear, and probably not dump your CHA to perform social engineering.

I made a sniper that was all about social engineering/setup, I would honestly take a look at the 5e core and look at the skillset of the infiltration specialist.
>>
>>46764743
That's completely false, anything can run silent that has a matrix connection.
>>
>>46764954
So would it then if it wasn't slaved to a P/WAN, and you were running silently, would you just use LOG against their Computer+INT?
>>
>>46765035
Everything in matrix has matrix stats. Otherwise guns would be completely vulnerable which would make it even more retarded a feature than it already is. For the sake of simplicity, they didn't give most of the devices ratings, so the GM has to figure them out himself.
>>
>>46762392
That might fly the day CGL manages to fix their shit. In the meantime, simply ignoring that book altogether except for sum-to-ten/karmagen and the non-metagenetic qualities is good for the GM's sanity.
>>
>>46763269
>She's fine without armor because she never gets hit. 18 base Defense dice will do that.

Full auto bursts and grenades/AoE spells say hello...
>>
On a related note, how much would it cost for an armourer to completely and utterly remove any and all matrix capability from a firearm, even the dataport?
>>
>>46765329
I think for most models it would just be cheaper to buy the throwback
>>
>>46764571
You need to have reasons to believe something is running silent in your general vicinity to be allowed to do a Matrix perception test.

A device without Sleaze will have a hard time staying hidden once the game is up, but getting there is null sweat.
>>
>>46765379
Even throwbacks have data ports. I'm talking complete removal of any and all electronics inside the firearm that isn't related to scopes.
>>
>>46762471
The question was regarding the vulpine shifter tail, which is not a quality.
>>
>>46765426
uber-throwback?
>>
>>46765466
It is a quality. One that's free, but identical to a functional tail. The type isn't specified, but foxes can't use their tails to grab or hit things, and it would make a pretty poor paddle, so it has to be a balance tail.
>>
>>46765251
Everything has matrix attributes, but not everything has attack or sleaze.

This is why most devices can't take the 'increase matrix attribute' mod for those attributes, without taking 'add matrix attribute' first.
>>
>>46765542
More or less. Not a single electric current would be going through the gun after the armourer was done with it.
>>
>>46765329
Most firearms aren't designed to work that way. It's unusual enough that there's a specific pistol for people who do want something like that - the Colt Manhunter.
>>
>>46765561
Vulpine shifters do not have balance tails.
>>
>>46764918
Running silent isn't an action. It's a state.
>>
>>46765611
Where's this? It's mentioned by name in several books, but I don't see it.
>>
>>46761438
Generally, shifters that have been affected by SURGE find that their metahuman forms carry over traits from their natural form. So a vulpine shifter in metahuman form would keep their tail from their normal form, but their normal form wouldn't have a second tail. That said, changelings are weird, there's every chance that could happen.

>>46765686
Hard Targets, 178.
>>
>>46765611
Run&Gun.

Alternatively, any gun with the "vintage" quality will do. No electronics to be fucked up in there.
>>
File: 1380893108366.jpg (54 KB, 624x448) Image search: [Google]
1380893108366.jpg
54 KB, 624x448
Would Lonestar or any EVIL CORPORATION ever consider building sentient cyborgs implanted with 'real' memories who turn to the shadows in order to become Judas type of betrayers to runners?
>>
>>46765904
>Judas type of betrayers to runners?

For what reason? Corps want shadowrunners to exist. Deniable assets are how they get shit done.
>>
>>46765904
Why would they, when they can use actual runners with a weakness for long hard black credsticks?
>>
>>46765904
no, but they might release shadowrunners who feed ALL INFO back to them.

As long as they don't tip their hand, that's good fucking info
>>
>>46765976
>>46765997
Probably some dirty tactics with corp vs corp warfare with having said runners involvement incriminating opposing corporation leading to buyout.
>>
Hey guys, the 10 Terrorists book - have any of you guys actually used any of the groups that are listed in them?
>>
File: Capture.png (15 KB, 851x185) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15 KB, 851x185
>reddit
>>
>>46766737
Death would be a mercy!
>>
>>46766737
If only the rules were written with clarity, online discussion might naturally veer towards fluff.
>>
>>46766737
>Respec
Guess that means little mac's still hanging on in there.
>>
>>46766737
>>46766787
Who the hell is Respec? I don't remember I saw this name anywhere.
>>
>>46765325

Sorry, I didn't make it obvious enough that that was entirely sarcastic.
>>
>>46766737
>Red
>Bull
>Kane

Absolutely disgusting, into the oven with them.
>>
>>46766209

My GM's been using the Hand of Five in our latest few sessions.
>>
>>46766830
You'd be surprised at how many times this has been put genuinely and entirely seriously forward in this very thread.
>>
>>46766815
Decker-turned-technomancer introduced in Chrome Flesh, offers some explanation of headcase AIs. Is apparently mac's waifu. Writing style's cute.

>I learned an important lesson, namely that if you want to help people, sometimes the people you are helping will be two-faced wastes of oxygen that you just want to punch in the face over and over.
>But you can’t just punch them, because that would be wrong.
>>
>>46764571
With it's masters sleaze or with a 0+LOG. Not defaulting because not a skill test.
>>
>>46766991
>Waifu

More like Husbando in this case.

And for Dogs sake, why do they have to give those mary sue creating hacks even more space?

>Hurrdurr, look at my spikebaby vampire magican elf runner who is so creative and cool and also really nice and tots not an arsehole

Metavariants and infected dumbfuckers should be round up and put into Camps
>>
>>46766991
That writing sounds like it came from a teenager.
>>
>>46767229
>he doesn't know CGL exploits children
>>
>>46767249
>he doesn't know that Freelancers have the mental capacities of children

fixed this for you
>>
>>46764518
Well there is a SR wiki. If you can read Kraut then you could also try the shadowhelix wiki.
>>
>>46764795
I'd say you should keep it for yourself and only reveal parts after they perform some legwork that might reveal it (walking around the perimeter will not reveal the sensors inside)
>>
>>46767345
The wiki is garbage, it is missing tons of information, and a good portion of the information it dose have is out of date, often by decades
>>
What does a 1-5 minute response time HTR team look like when they are not responding?

Do they just sort of have the armor on at all times, waiting by the jet?
>>
>>46767865
Usually in arms reach of installation, ready to deploy on short notice. Components of the armor that don't interfere with just hanging out drinking tea are on. More serious armor plating ready to be donned asap.
>>
>>46767865
They have a ready room where they can catch their breath (almost) in full gear, or they are already on patrol and just need the time to regroup/ get info wtf is going on exactly/...
>>
>>46767865
Quick example from army.
There is a htr-squad, who are sleep in inform/have vest/equip near by them, so they always wear it, when they are awake. Their weapons hold in armory, which is ready to giveway after 30 secs after alarm rised. Their shift is like 3.5 day duty/3.5 day rest.
>>
File: __ AVATAR - Goblin Warchief.jpg (20 KB, 288x232) Image search: [Google]
__ AVATAR - Goblin Warchief.jpg
20 KB, 288x232
Hey Yekka, i need your help.

How the frag do Skillsofts work in Chummer?
I gave my char a rating 4 Con Soft, nothing happens.
Tried activating it via the skillmod in the enhancement tab, but all it does is setting the total pool to the rating of the advancement, regardless of wheter i checked the little box or not.
>>
>>46768260
>Skillsofts
Not sure if I'm understanding you right, but skillsofts don't boost skills, they replace your rating with theirs.
>>
>>46756824
>You lose both a point of current and max magic when you dip in essence

Yeah, so? You can easily cram the equivalent of 5 Power Points worth of bonuses in a single Essence point at chargen. It's just ludicrous how much the "sacrifice" is worth it. Especially for an Adept who only uses his actual Magic score for all of three activated powers.
>>
File: Aboroth.jpg (21 KB, 288x232) Image search: [Google]
Aboroth.jpg
21 KB, 288x232
>>46768292
I know.
But it doesn't work right.

I have Charisma 5, 0 Con (=>Pool 4) and then Slot in a Level 4 Chip with Con and enter it in the Enhancements Tab.
My pool in Chummer should be 9 now, but it still only shows 4 Pool (CH-1) and Modifier 4, regardless of whether i tick that little checkbox or not.
>>
>>46768405
Do you have a skilljack?
>>
>>46768333
I'm not saying it ain't worth it. But in the previous thread someone mentioned that after initiating you get essencially one free point of essence to waste. Which is only true if you initiate into PP, which in turn is a horrible idea for first, or honestly any, initiations.
>>
>>46768405
Works fine for me with skilljack and skillwires.
>>
>>46757986
>AI in medical drone chassis if possible.

AI with 6 Depth and "Pilot Origins". Then you either put skill points in the Biotech group (or its skills individually), or you 'learn' their Autosofts as part of your core like a mage would spells.

After that, an anthroform drone to load your virtual ass into (even a very shitty chassis will do*) and a rating 6 medkit; and you can fix up meatbags like a real pro.

*You'll want to upgrade to a top-notch chassis if you want to do anything else than patching up dumb meatbags. Like accompanying them on a run.
>>
File: Altar of Bone.jpg (33 KB, 288x232) Image search: [Google]
Altar of Bone.jpg
33 KB, 288x232
>>46768416
Skilljack, Chipjack and Move-by-Wire 2 are all installed.
>>
>>46768566
think you still have enough karma left over to be an infiltrator after all that?

depth 6 and pilot origins probably help with the whole infiltration thing.
>>
>>46768576
That seems to be the issue, I think chummer doesn't respect that move-by-wire doubles as skillwires of twice it's rating. You can try to work around it by giving yourself free (essnce and nuyen) skillwires of right rating. But otherwise yeah, thats a bug.
>>
>>46768581
Dunno. Simply being an AI and Depth 6 is a huge 'tax' at chargen, and you'll need money for the autosofts and the drone chassis. You can build a decent 'skill monkey' that way, but you will have to work toward it.
>>
>>46768576
>Move-by-wire
Ha, there's the problem. I'll have a patch for it in the nightlies shortly. In the meantime, or if you don't use the nightlies, you can add a custom skillwire improvement with whatever rating you want. Rating 2 move-by-wire would be Rating 4 skillwire.
>>
File: Grimoire of the Dead.jpg (22 KB, 288x232) Image search: [Google]
Grimoire of the Dead.jpg
22 KB, 288x232
>>46768924
I'm always using nightlies, need to stay on the edge of improvements!

Thanks for addressing this, i'll look forward to it.
If you are already fixing stuff:

The German(!) Skilljack is implemented wrong.

In Chummer, the essenceloss depends on the rating, but the german Version of this Implant actually only ever has 1 Essence loss, regardless of its rating.
I'm compensating it via the essence antihole, but maybe you could also fix this?
>>
>>46769008
Wait, so is it SUPPOSED to always cost 1 Essence, or not? Because it's currently behaving the same way as regular 'jacks, 0.1 per rating.
>>
>>46767140
I think even the regular ones can still one up some of them see /dev/grrl
>>
>>46769251
Your bet is as good as anyone's since the freelancer who wrote Chrome Flesh is on record saying the core book's way is the right way...
>>
File: German Skilljack.jpg (9 KB, 519x19) Image search: [Google]
German Skilljack.jpg
9 KB, 519x19
>>46769251
arg, missing a 0. there.

German Skilljack in the german book: always 0,1 Essence, regardless of level

(right)

German Skilljack in Chummer: 0,1 Essence times its Rating
(wrong)
>>
File: Island (42).jpg (23 KB, 288x232) Image search: [Google]
Island (42).jpg
23 KB, 288x232
>>46769403
Addendum: This is a (confirmed) deliberate change in the german Version and has nothing to do with the changes (be they right or wrong) in the english Chrome Flesh.
>>
>>46766737
i feel this is going to tarnish the legacy of one of my favorites
The Smiling Bandit
<Strikes Again!/Ha-Ha-Ha>
>>
File: Corvideo.png (283 KB, 900x809) Image search: [Google]
Corvideo.png
283 KB, 900x809
>>46764518
There's the Neo-Anarchist Podcast; it's an in-universe history lesson going from the end of 5th World to about now (I don't think it's caught up with 2077, but it's close). Hit and miss with the guests (mostly because they're not performers, just the creator's friends he put on mike) but overall pretty solid.
>>
>>46769760
Yeah that guy is pretty cool. Didn't like the Arcology too much but I am not sure if even they know what they are doing.
>>
>>46765611
Yeah, but those guns are rubbish. I want to take an Ares Alpha and take out the unnecessary shite.
>>
>>46769999
Good luck with that. Especially with the Alpha or any other of those fancy 'modern' guns.
>>
>>46770013
Thanks. So how would I make it work, how much skill would it take, and if I make an armourer do it, how much would it cost?
>>
>>46770197
Honestly, for some as advanced as an Alpha or a Raiden I would say that those modifications wouldn't really be feasable, due to the components being so closely tied to how the gun actually functions, if you took them all out and tweaked it to still work you'd have a different gun.
Something like the AK-97, or the M23 probably wouldn't be too hard to do though.
>>
>>46769999
Most 2070s guns don't have a whole lot of unecessary shite. The stuff you're looking to remove is going to gut the stat line of something like the Ares Alpha.
>>
>Try to make a cyberarm character who uses bows
>It'd cost me ~168k nuyen to get two 9STR/9AGI cyberarms
>I'd still need to invest a bit into AGI and STR for non-arm tests
God damn CGL
Why'd you make cyberarms so shit?
>>
>>46770318
5ed? because it isn't their favourite: MAGIC
>>
>>46770263
Well the guns are still mechanical aren't they? IE, there's a striker, primer, chemical propellant and a conventional projectile. I want everything work mechanically. Simple trigger, sear, and a mechanical safety.
>>
>>46770356
Shit and I love me my mundanes
>>
>>46770377
Sure, you can do that, but then you miss out on all the nice electronic magical doodads that improve the alpha over something without them, it's not just window dressing, they're integral parts of the gun (IE, it doesn't function without it's inbuilt computer telling it "alright do this now").
I'd allow it but like >>46770316 said it'd gut the stat line because you ripped out what makes the Alpha good in the first place.
>>
>>46770316
How so?
>>
>>46770419
I really don't understand how, since none of my characters would ever be using a smartlink anyway, they'd be keeping the wireless off at all times, and just shoot the damn thing. The gun works with wireless off, doesn't it?
>>
>>46770446
>smartlink anyway, they'd be keeping the wireless off at all times
why?... Free 2 accuracy, 1 die, and ability to shoot around corners.
>>
>>46770446
It's not even the smartlink, omae, using that gets you extra bonuses on top of the integrated systems of the gun itself.
It's as if you take an M16 and replace the direct impingement system with the gas operated system from an AK, that's the extent to which electronics and computers are integrated into highly advanced firearms like the Alpha or the Raiden.
>>
>>46770478
And make the weapon perceivable in the matrix, risk enemy deckers bricking or otherwise fucking with it, require batteries, and increasing weight.

If I was playing a decker, I'd be okay with using technoshit. He could realistically defend himself against attacks via the matrix, but my other characters wouldn't make themselves vulnerable like that.

The only thing device would be online at any given time would be the commlink, and I'm debating whether I should take that one out as well.
>>
>>46770533

Yes, I understand I'm effectively asking to take all and any electonic systems out of a modern car and still have it run.

Can it be done, and how big of a difference would that make in statistical terms?
>>
>>46770562
If you've got a competent decker, a good commlink, and common sense there is no reason to not use wireless bonuses.
Hell, you can run silent so unless the decker has a reason to suspect you're nearby he won't find you. If he tries to brick your shit, toggle wireless off with a free action, dome him, then go back to wireless.

>>46770585
Well, I'd make it cost at least as much as the gun itself, with some reduction in accuracy, recoil control, and probably 1 or 2 damage.
>>
>>46770585

And I'll have to point out here that the electronics in a modern car donxt really affect its performance after it's running. They may indirectly affect the running by applying brakes and such, but that's the extent of effect they have.
>>
>>46770646
>Well, I'd make it cost at least as much as the gun itself
Done
>with some reduction in accuracy
Okay, I guess I could deal with that
>recoil control
I don't see how an electronic system would help with that, but okay. I'd be using semi-auto all of the time anyways.
>and probably 1 or 2 damage.
Okay, this is where you went full retard. The technobling don't make bullets go faster.
>>
Say I decide to be an absolute madman and cut off all my limbs for cyberlimbs, would you allow them to effectively replace my STR and AGI scores as a GM considering the huge fucking essence/nuyen investment?
>>
>>46770721
>replace
no, but since your new AGI and STR is the average of your meat body and cyber limbs I'd say that It's pretty close
So if you have 3 AGI and your limbs have 9 AGI then it's (3+9+9+9+9)/5=7.8 rounded 8
If you add a cyber torso then yes, It's the average of the cyberware
>>
>>46770705
>I don't see how an electronic system would help with that, but okay
Deciding the exact moment to have rounds actually fire in a burst so recoil is mitigated and directed directly into the shock pad, etc.
>Okay, this is where you went full retard. The technobling don't make bullets go faster.
Trying to argue for realism in shadowrun firearms is a fools errand, I realize by all means an electronic system wouldn't make guns shoot bullets faster but presumably the reason the Yamaha and Alpha have higher damage than say, the AK is due to their advanced technobable design.
If you want to go full /k/ with damage determined by caliber, be my guest, I'm just saying how I'd do it at my table.
>>
>>46770721

If you have a cybertorso sure
>>
>>46770646
>If you've got a competent decker,
Even if we did, I always won't have him nearby, and ultimately I am responsible for my weapons, not the team's nerd.
>a good commlink,
Having to do something as utterly retarded as to hook up my military-grade weapon to my mobile phone to protect it from hackers is the exact reason I want the techno shit gone.
>and common sense
If I had common sense I wouldn't be shadowrunning.
>there is no reason to not use wireless bonuses.
Small rewards for a potentially huge risk.

>Hell, you can run silent so unless the decker has a reason to suspect you're nearby he won't find you.
I don't have a bad habit of gambling.
>If he tries to brick your shit, toggle wireless off with a free action, dome him, then go back to wireless.
If he's good, he'll take down my systems before I can react. And that's a risk I won't take.
>>
>>46770873
Sounds like your mind is made up anon, why are you arguing then?
>>
>>46770873
Anon, you want to do something out of scope of the game. Something that most people in this thread would veiw as insane.

You should figure out details with your GM. Not with strangers online.
>>
>>46770873
>If I had common sense I wouldn't be shadowrunning.
Doesn't mean you need to be a luddite.
>Small rewards for a potentially huge risk.
A +2 dicepool bonus is by no means a small reward.
>I don't have a bad habit of gambling
>If he's good, he'll take down my systems before I can react. And that's a risk I won't take.
>Even if we did, I always won't have him nearby,
Okay, so you're willing to completely gut your weapons on the off chance that all of these things are happening:
>You don't have a good commlink
>The decker is dead/unavailable
>The enemy decker knows you are there
>The enemy decker is good enough to brick your shit in one go (Keep in mind this would require something like 6LOG/6+ Hacking running a hammer program) which is something you won't find outside of high tier spiders or response teams like Firewatch
And to cap it all off, if one or multiple of the above happen, you can flip a switch and become immune to hackers as a free action.
>>
So, I think my GM made a mistake in the rules which I just realized due to reading (regarding Matrix Perception, PANs, and how to avoid detection), which lead to some things happening, and, while they no longer matter in game and I wouldn't ask them to go back on previous actions, I would like to be able to avoid that in the future. How do you suggest I bring it up without being "that annoying rules guy"? Especially since I'm not sure if it was wrong, but I would like to be able to take advantage of running my deck with high Sleaze and certain programs.
>>
>>46770873

Wireless bonuses are massive and actually make sense to a limited degree.

A rating 3+ commlink is a very high end piece of tech. Most people are running metalink equivalents (rating 1 commlinks).

Basically the commlink gives you an advanced firewall and C3 capability (command, control, communications). Assuming that you are a samurai type this is what a commlink + goggles + datajack is going to be buying you.

Detailed maps in a HUD (because you have goggles or cybereyes)
Target tracking
Threat assessment software
Local conditions (wind speed, weather)
Smartlink bonuses
Low-Light bonuses
Flare compensation
Detailed dossier information
Sub-vocal communication with teammates
Bullet counts
The ability to auto-eject magazines
Current conditions and locations of all your teammates (assuming that everyone is got biomonitors)

These are all massive tactical advantages and you can be guaranteed that every corpsec goon is running with these sorts of advantages.
>>
>>46770478
Also lower wind Environmental Penalty, and Aiming gives dice and limit bonus, rather than dice or limit bonus.
>>
>>46771004
>Hey man, I was looking over the Matrix rules, and I noticed a few things seemed different/off from how we played, since I'm playing a decker, we should probably look at the rules together and sort this out.
Basically just don't be dickish about it, GMs don't get angry if you correct them in a polite way, with all the metric shitton of rules in SR everybody is going to fuck up eventually.
>>
>>46771004
Don't do it mid session, bring it up with him before session. Don't be confrontational about it. Be okay if he says I'm a GM and I want it this way because I am a GM. And tell us what the rules are so we can telly you if we think you are right or not.
>>
>>46770800
>but presumably the reason the Yamaha and Alpha have higher damage than say, the AK is due to their advanced technobable design
No, they use higher caliber or more efficient propellant. The damage would stay the same, assuming you don't do a caliber conversion or change the length of the barrel (Though I think that would maybe even be negligible in Shadowrun game terms)

Also that explanation for an electronic system helping recoil makes no sense.
>>
>>46771154
You're talking about a setting written by people who don't know shit about economics or technology.
>>
>>46770951
>A +2 dicepool bonus is by no means a small reward.
Only one though, I don't have implants.
>Okay, so you're willing to completely gut your weapons on the off chance that all of these things are happening:
Yes. And also refer back to how dumb having to link a gun to a phone to protect it is.

Also, I'm talking about the murderkube worshipping mage here. He's not very big on technology. Any risk of hackers taking out his weapons is too big, so tech has to go.
>>
>>46771154
>No, they use higher caliber or more efficient propellant.
>The damage would stay the same, assuming you don't do a caliber conversion or change the length of the barrel
Of course it would, but this is shadowrun, where buckshot is the same thing as a flechette. CGL doesn't understand how guns work.
>>
>>46771035
>>46771057
Good points, thanks.

>And tell us what the rules are so we can telly you if we think you are right or not.

Just to clarify, the reason I'm unsure is mostly because I don't know precisely what I was rolling against at which time, or, rather, what I didn't roll against. Although clarification on some rules might be helpful too.

The main rule I'm thinking about is that you roll LOG+Sleaze against Matrix Perception while running silent, which I definitely see being unclear in the book, so I understand why they wouldn't necessarily think to roll it.

Another thing, which I'm a little unclear on, but pretty sure this is how it works, is that if someone tracks my deck (the master device of the PAN), it shouldn't get to track the other devices in my PAN without getting separate hits on them and tracking each of them separately.

Also, since while I'm talking about PANs, what's the ruling on how many devices a device can support in its PAN? I know WANs are infinite, technically, but I haven't been able to find the ruling on PANs, though I remember reading it at some point.

I'm sure there was something else I was thinking of, but I've forgotten. I'll probably ask more later.
>>
>>46770939
>>46770924

I'm not asking if I should do it, I'm asking what I should do to make it happen and what the consequences would be. And extra opinions are good.
>>
>>46757862
Generator indoors. That's one dead archer.
>>
>>46771398
>I'm asking what I should do to make it happen
You could always just turn wireless off, unless you want no electronics at all, in which case, look at some vintage guns from Gun Heaven 3, there are no rules for making a gun vintage in SR5 so it's basically
>Talk with your GM
>>
>>46771007

>Detailed maps in a HUD (because you have goggles or cybereyes)
I actually don't. I do have earbuds and a mic though.
>>
>>46771007
>(because you have goggles or cybereyes)
All you need is a datajack. Long gone are the days of requiring an image link.
>>
>>46771398
There are no rules for turning a gun into a vintage piece. You need to work with your GM on what skills and gear your runner would need to do that, and what it would do to the firearm in terms of mechanics.
>>
>>46771406
that's Ares' new SAF-T Generator2078.
it runs on electricity instead of gas, for safety reasons.
it is the future after all
>>
>>46771448
I will. But my GM is sleeping and I have nothing better to do.
>>
>>46771378
>The main rule I'm thinking about is that you roll LOG+Sleaze against Matrix Perception while running silent, which I definitely see being unclear in the book, so I understand why they wouldn't necessarily think to roll it.
Matrix perception requires 1 hit to detect that device is running silent.
Once you figured that there is a device running silent you make opposed test INT+Computers[DP] vs Sleaze+LOG against the master device of the PAN(there are couple of fringe situations where this is not strictly true but they are beside the point).

>Another thing, which I'm a little unclear on, but pretty sure this is how it works, is that if someone tracks my deck (the master device of the PAN), it shouldn't get to track the other devices in my PAN without getting separate hits on them and tracking each of them separately.
Tracking in matrix means discovering physical location of a device. If you mean marks than you mark each device individually, but if you mark any device in PAN you mark the Master for free(but not the other way around).

>Also, since while I'm talking about PANs, what's the ruling on how many devices a device can support in its PAN? I know WANs are infinite, technically, but I haven't been able to find the ruling on PANs, though I remember reading it at some point.
Rating * 3. Might want to give matrix chapter in core another read.
>>
>>46771545
Perpetuum mobile much mate...
>>
Honestly, for around 23k, you can protect three things with a Sleaze of 8. Get the totally legal PCD-500, get a program carrier for Stealth, buy Smoke-And-Mirrors, run it at 5, and a five-pack of parts so that you can zero out one of the 1 attributes (I'd recommend sticking it in attack, because starting with a five point penalty for any tasks is going to kill you).

Boom, your fragile, fragile deck and your important gun have a good hiding pool, and you have two sacrifical targets for the decker to possibly find instead.

(As an aside, has anyone managed to get significantly over 28 for resting resistance to being found in the matrix?)
>>
>>46771406
>>46771545
>>46771576
In the dystopian corprocracy there is no keeping Ares from selling you a generator you have to plug into the wall outlet.
>>
>>46771628
You are better off grabbing R7 commlink, attaching a stealth dongle, and harwiring in programm carrier with either smoke and mirrors, or virtual machine to run smoke and mirrors and possibly even an agent if you feel luxorious. This way you are in the same ballpark cost wise but you also have a decent firewall.

>(As an aside, has anyone managed to get significantly over 28 for resting resistance to being found in the matrix?)
Do you mean Sleaze+Log? Nah 28 is pretty dope, somethng like 10 log 12 sleaze + full matrix defense of R6 agent?
>>
>>46771745
R7 in char creation costs 10 karma, and a decent sleaze dongle kd expensive.
>>
>>46771881
kd=is

Sorry, I blame on-screen keyboard.

Fucking technology.
>>
>>46771881
Actually if you want me to go into exact numbers, your best bet for sleaze based defense without a decker is little something called EVOTECH HIMITSU. It's a 0512 commlink that costs 11k and has availability 8R. You then stick a PC with smoke and mirrors (this assumes you have enough smoke reduction to make it still work despite the noise) inside for a grand total of whooping 10 Sleaze for 13k.

But I still think you are better off with R6 commlink with PC running smoke and mirrors 5 and R1 stealth dongle costing you total of 10000(5k comm+2k dongle+1k PC with S&M+1k hardwiring) and resulting in a 0666 device that can protect your entire party(18 devices).
>>
>>46771745
Aren't all the R7's outside of non-prime runner chargen? The PCD-500 and mods are technically available for anything but the better kind of street scum gen.

And yeah, the Sleaze+Log. 28 was actually the best for prime-runner gen. Take one of the increased Log types (so pixie or gnome), Exceptional LOG, Overclocker, and Data Anomaly.

Get the Cyber-4, modify the matrix array (so 9 6 4 1), make the 9 into a 10, put it in Sleaze, run Stealth and maxed out Stealth and Mirrors (so it's a 16) and get a rating 2 Cerebral Booster.

28 dice to resist that can't be taken away.

You can get an extra die if the GM allows a rating 3 omega Cerebral Booster that still applies.

(Yes, I didn't put in a rating 4 Agent. Mostly to avoid a few cases I could think of for the GM to say that it can't take a FMD action on behalf of things not slaved to it's persona.)

>>46772025
Smoke and Mirrors only applies a noise penalty to tasks taken by the device.

Also, the GM could say that the program carrier can't be used to give a device programs it couldn't normally run.
>>
>>46771545
>First, a portable plasma furnace is installed on the vehicle that can render small quantities of matter down to its constituent parts. Then, the vehicle’s engine is modified to be able to consume the raw material output of the plasma torch. This allows nearly any matter to be fed into the vehicle as fuel. A vehicle with a multifuel engine can always be refueled as long as there is raw material around to be processed.

It's probably a stand-alone version of this.
>>
>>46772063
>Aren't all the R7's outside of non-prime runner chargen?
I wasn't thinking about at Gen defenses, because usually you don't need that kind of defense at gen just was ballparking stuff w/o putting much thought into it. I clarified the at gen setup in the second post.

>The PCD-500
Device rating one is a real issue, because it literally stops being able to connect to matrix once noise reductions are lower than ambient noise. Another benefit of commlink is if your LOG or WIL are lower than device rating, you use that instead for defending against direct attacks on it, so it can be handy defense against getting your PC bricked.

>Smoke and Mirrors only applies a noise penalty to tasks taken by the device.
Eh, kinda true, just so long as GM agrees with this assessment.

>Also, the GM could say that the program carrier can't be used to give a device programs it couldn't normally run.
Hardwiring mods to commlinks is explicitly allowed, and since it's the mod that runs the program not the commlink, I don't see this argument as being reasonable. But if Gm says no, then yeah you are better off with a deck.
>>
>>46772169
Not a huge fan of such future-tech in my games. You'd be looking at what is essentially a post-scarcity society if you could just turn matter into energy willy nilly.

Throw one of these into the barrens and the riff-raff have fully powered society and they're really no longer riff-raff.
>>
>>46772279
I mean.. Whole point of cyberpunk is high tech low life. Everyone in the barrens have a meta link, and those are better than any modern (2016) day computer. So I don't see a problem with gangers having essencially a portable generator. Their situation is due to the fact that they are drek heads or unlucky, not that they are lacking basic resources.
>>
>>46772209
Fortunately, we're not using any wireless bonuses on the PCD-500, only the PAN. (Also, now that I look at it, unless you could the cold and hot sims as wireless bonuses, I can't think of a wireless bonus that's part of a cyberdeck.)

But more importantly, the text of Smoke and Mirrors says that the noise is only added to tasks performed by the deck and to Trace Icons performed against it.
>>
>>46772392
Being able to connect to the matrix/orther devices is the wireless bonus off cyberdecks/commlinks. Wireless bonuses are gained by access to cloud storages of data, maps etc etc. You lose wireless bonus because you lose your connection to the matrix.

I don't want to argue about S&M, because it borders on house rules and those should be discussed with GM.
>>
>>46772456
It probably should be, but looking over how the rules are laid out, it's not.

On page 439 nothing is listed with the [i]Wireless:[/i] section, and nothing from 219 on gives them stuff as wireless bonuses or makes any mention of being prevented by noise other than the Faraday cage on page 231.

Like, does nobody else find this funny? Is it just me?
>>
>>46772570
You must be new around here. CPL editing/writing being unclear/vague/shit isn't even a meme, its a reality that everyone accepted. Just as the fact that after 1 session you realize that 5ed needs house rules to function.
>>
>>46772352
>Whole point of cyberpunk is high tech low life
"high tech" in the 80's was walking around with a super-computer in your pocket that could fetch the grand-sum of human knowledge at a whim.

And we use it to look at pictures of cats.

No need to go full "post-scarcity"

>So I don't see a problem with gangers having essencially a portable generator.

It's not just a portable generator, it's free perpetual energy.

OK. It's a portable generator that you don't have to fuel. That's... crazy talk.
>>
>>46772620
You have to fuel them, read the description again:

>First, a portable plasma furnace is installed on the vehicle that can render small quantities of matter down to its constituent parts. Then, the vehicle’s engine is modified to be able to consume the raw material output of the plasma torch. This allows nearly any matter to be fed into the vehicle as fuel. A vehicle with a multifuel engine can always be refueled as long as there is raw material around to be processed.

This part is of particular interest:
This allows nearly any matter to be fed into the vehicle as fuel.

Basically it turns your hobo campfires from heat generators to electricity generators and ramps efficiency up a bit.
>>
>>46772620
>don't have to fuel

They're raiding dumpsters to keep it full. It's the future equivalent of a burning barrel.

Not to mention that the only people in the Barrens who'd be able to hold on to one for very long are probably armed and vicious gangs.
>>
>>46772594
I knew that about CPL already. But that just struck me as funny even though it's more likely that the hacking functionality wasn't made Wireless: was because you should be able to hack with even a throwback deck if you had a wire plugged in.

(I know it's almost certainly not that. But my laughs are better if I say that's the case.)
>>
>>46772570
Core Pg. 421:
>If there is a Noise Rating from a situation that is greater than the item’s Device Rating, not including distance, the item temporarily loses its wireless functionality

They couldn't be bothered to put it in the goddamn Matrix section (CGL!!!!!!!), but this means that a device in too high a Noise zone simply cannot connect. So, unless you can pull out the datachord and jack your deck in directly in what you need to 'convince', you're fucked.
>>
>>46772692
Well, if we want to be super technical, the next paragraph says that a wireless device is always vulnerable to being hacked as long as it's with wireless handshake range. (Whatever that is. We had a stat for that in 4e, but that was 4e.)

So it's apparently possible to do even if you can't connect to the greater Matrix, just as bad penalties.

And even then, for the original, we didn't want the matrix capabiltiies, just the PAN. Mmmm. Bread.
>>
>>46772661
>nearly any matter

Yeah dude. No fucking shit. Free fuel.

> ramps efficiency up a bit.

. . . ok, so you've got no sense of scale. That's cool.

>>46772662
>They're raiding dumpsters to keep it full.
Or... Dirt? Bricks? Concrete? bullet casings? It's .... MATTER. It's literally anything.

So you guys seriously not grok how world changing free energy would be?
>>
Took the smartlink controversy discussion to /k/, if someone wants to join

>>>/k/29662863
>>
File: 1437342466480.jpg (59 KB, 530x300) Image search: [Google]
1437342466480.jpg
59 KB, 530x300
>>46772780
Would it be wrong to go there and post pictures of nonsense scifi guns to trigger them?
>>
>>46772862
only if you make sure to point out the extended clips
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.