[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #785: Showtime Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: Jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46646551
>>
>>46663301
Newbie here, did all of quicksilver's jumps (excluding dragon ball) and I'm not sure where I should go next. What jumps are generaly good for a beginner?
>>
File: Killing Floor Jumpchain v1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Killing Floor Jumpchain v1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Dosh here, grab it all!

I'll be around for about an hour to answer questions and such.
>>
>>46663301
What are the best jumps
>>
>>46663327
For one, do Mushoku Tensei so you can take Overloaded Metastasis Event without being screwed too hard by it. As for other Jumps, I would recommend Narnia, NO GAME NO LIFE, Undertale, Harry Potter, Psychonauts, Cardcaptors, The Princess Bride, Wakfu, and Sherlock Holmes for Good Early Risk:Reward Ratios.
>>46663345
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder.
>>
>>46663327
Personally my favorite second jump is Super Smash Brothers since the Veteran perk line gives you mad combat skills right off the bat and it's pretty hard to die in it unless you take drawbacks.
>>
>>46663327
The Sims 3 is nice and safe, and gives some really useful stuff even if you're not willing to research to find out what the setting's magic/alchemy does.

True Lies and They Live are hilariously low power so you can get by fairly easily.

Mushoku Tensei and maaaaaybe Castlevania can get you a ton of relative power due to having big drawbacks drawing from previous jumps.

Harry Potter is actually really dangerous when you think about it, but if you're crafty you'll be fine.

Narnia's a good bet, especially if you're a Drop-In Starborn.

I'm partial to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure buuuuuuuUT, survival rates are shitty even for MCs. You'll need meta knowledge and anachronistic abilities/artifacts to really go wild, and some rolls you plain can't benefit much from either.
>>
>>46663301
>Drop interest in Jumpchain due to school, even though I've made a few jumps myself.
>A year and a half passes
>I see the last thread and decide to check it out
>Some of the old namefags are still posting
>A lot of the jumps people talked about getting made were made.
>There's a ton of new ones too
>lots of new people too.
It's like it's just how left it, but with more content

>People are still inserting fetishes and complaining
I wouldn't have it any other way

One quick question
How does the journal entry balance out in GF jump? It seems like I would have 1200 points to spend in total, even with the background being more expensive.
>>
If I try to wear my Lantern Ring as a Wizard in the Dresden Files, is it going to explode? Or is it advanced enough not to?
>>
>>46663327
Rosario + Vampire is pretty survivable if you don't throw yourself into the main plot once the SoL turns into Shonen, plus you've got a vampire option which gives you regeneration, shapeshifting, and super strength, and a nice plotarmor perk.
>>
>>46663427
GF?
>>
>>46663441
Technology that's well-made enough isn't effected by hexes, since Lantern Rings never just break down or malfunction due to wear and tear I'd say you'd be fine.
>>
>>46663459
Gravity Falls.
>>
>>46663333
Dosh
>>
>>46663466
ah can't help him with that one.
>>
File: harry.jpg (26 KB, 450x429) Image search: [Google]
harry.jpg
26 KB, 450x429
>>46663477
Loads!
>>
>>46663427
The extra points can only be spent in one section that applies to your new alternate form, but I might add an update with one mandatory rank of the Journal Page drawback for free.
>>
>>46663464
>Technology that's well-made enough isn't effected by hexes
Wait, what? I don't remember the quality of an item having anything to do with how much the Hex affects it.
>>
>>46663333
Only thing I feel iffy about is Respawning, if only because of how odd the limitations come across. I get that you're trying to represent the in-game ability to respawn, but I feel like it should be done a different way. Perhaps it lets you temporarily survive normally fatal attacks to give companions time to patch you up when combat is over, or does something else to help you survive similar things?
>>
>>46663501
Considering the kinds of powers that background hands out, I'd suggest some kind of nerf.
>>
>>46663511
I think they're saying something along the lines of efficiency/how few things can go wrong with the item. I remember Harry mentioning something about that while talking about firearms
>>
>>46663511
The Raith Cave has high-quality enough lights to not be effected when large amounts of magics are being performed, and things made by Svartalves are high quality enough to not be effected by magic.
>>
>>46663518
Part of it is representing the game mechanic, but the hefty limitations seem justified when other similar perks exist. We considered something what you said, but we did something similar in Rust, so we figured we might as well make this one different.
>>
>>46663549
Not to be rude to you anon, but you've been gone for over a year and a half, things have changed. Jumps and jumpchain in general are MUCH higher powered than you remember. Gravity Falls aint nothin'.
>>
>>46663333
Insert build with 20 LODSEMONE purchases here.
>>
>>46663579
Fair enough. I've got a lot of catching up to do.
>>
>>46663511
Yeah, also the simpler soemthign is the less prone it is to defect
>>
>>46663563
Harry said revolvers are more reliable than gas-operated firearms because they're simpler.
>>46663568
>Raith Cave
I...honestly remember very little from then, so I'll take your word for it.
>Svartalves
ARE magic.
>>
>>46663599
Out of curiosity, you said you made some jumps yourself? What jumps?
>>
File: dosh.jpg (707 KB, 1300x873) Image search: [Google]
dosh.jpg
707 KB, 1300x873
>>46663333
GREAT
BIG
BLOODY
HANDFULS

I'm gonna agree that Respawning seems a little too meta, and I'm surprised that there wasn't an egregiously overpriced ZED Gun in the equipment options.
>>
>>46663599
You've missed a lot of stupid shit, let's be frank right from the start.
>>
>>46663615
I'm pretty sure the resilience of their goods is due to their superior craftsmanship, not any spell.
>>
>>46663641
Not that anon, but like what?
>>
>>46663327
Sims jump.

Get rid of the hassle of having to use the bathroom as quickly as possible.

Best power in the whole 'chain.
>>
>>46663651
The Dresden Files Shitstorm is the first thing that springs to mind for me.
>>
>>46663549
They aren't really "handed out" considering you still have to buy them. Like >>46663579 mentioned, Jumps have grown in power but also the setting determines some of that as well. Gravity Falls is actually a pretty dangerous place.
>>
>>46663685
Wait what? What shitstorm, what happened? I must have missed that.
>>
>>46663712
Wildcard made a new Dresden Files Jump, and the response was about six threads of Salty Hatefire until people just kind of shrugged it off.
>>
>>46663712
It was revealed that the old Dresden Files jump was never actually completed, and Brutus just uploaded it to that file same thing happened with a few jumps in the past, Nanoha among them and jumpmaker disappeared.

Wild Card opted to finish it, and dropped it in thread. Shitstorm sparked, another jumpmaker (SoAnon) left despite reasonable explanation, thread shat on them for leaving, salt abounded.
>>
File: 38-image162.png (18 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
38-image162.png
18 KB, 480x320
Let's say that I want to combine the real world and cyberspace into the same physical plane.

What would be a good way to do that?
>>
>>46663624
I made Super Mario, Bionicle, and Starfox. Kind of got burned out after Starfox; it felt too by-the-book and kind of flat.

>>46663694
I meant "hands out" to mean "can be accessed" but I see your point. I can imagine that there could be some drawbacks to the background, and Gravity Falls does have its fill of dangerous moments. Originally reading the jump, I felt that the powers that were discounted by taking the journal entry background were much stronger in comparison to the other backgrounds. Looking at it again, this isn't as extreme as I thought, as those points do add up. You may have more options, but they all still cost points.
>>
>>46663746
>>46663750
Uh, wow. I hadn't heard of that, actually. Six whole threads? Yikes.
>>46663798
Huh, okay. That's neat.
>>
>>46663798
Indeed, plus Journal Entry lacks their own individual perks (sharing a discounted one with different backgrounds and no capstone) and focuses on the form's powers. You can still purchase the powers without being a Journal Entry, but you'll always seem... Off.
>>
>>46663789
It's never a good thing.
>>
>>46663831
I'm neither of them, but I affectionately refer to the entire affair as Senshiotsubu Kageyoshi in my mind.

It makes the stupidity of it all hurt less by associating it with the vaguely entertaining Bleach type of dumb.
>>
>>46663750
To be fair, it's kind of hard to get someone to listen to your explanation when the anon response is to IMMEDIATELY call her a bitch and a shitty jumpmaker who isn't worth anything and rant about how it's a good thing she'll leave.
>>
>>46663974
No, she was a reactionary thin-skinned bitch who was only using her status as a jumpmaker as a feeble attempt to throw shit at Wildcard. I assume that she was planning on leaving beforehand because I refuse to believe that anybody could be as petty as her posts make her out to be. I'm glad she's gone and it'd be for the best if every jumpmaker who acts as narrow-minded, spiteful, and loathesome as she did were to just disappear.
>>
>>46664153
See, this anon is the kind of person who loses us jumpmakers like Lycoris and JoJo. Don't be like this guy.
>>
>>46664167
>>46664153
Both of you stop acting like children. It was a complicated situation and bringing it up again will do nothing but make everyone feel bad. Find something else to talk about or shut up.
>>
>>46664167
But I agree with them, they were a pretty shitty person. Threads are generally nicer without them bitching incessantly.
>>
>>46664182
I absolutely resent you comparing me to that inhuman thing that shits on people in the way he did.
>>
>>46664190
Of course you agree with yourself, anon.
>>
I was using the Drexel Stand Generator to make a Stand, as I am a lazy bum.

I put in Kalafina, as I am a huge weeaboo, and got Yami no Uta.

Then I generated my actual Stand. I got Shadow Breath as my ability.

That was the story. I am proud of this.
>>
So is slow/ Viscera Cleanup anon here? If so, how is the New Jump Coming?
>>
File: antismileral.jpg (13 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
antismileral.jpg
13 KB, 236x200
>>46663333
Drawback: Revenge of the Zeds (1400)

Volter Manor

A part of the problem (1100)

Demolitions (Free)
The Soundtrack (Free)
Magical pockets into the Ass Dimension (1000)
Let me test my new nerve gas!/One in the pipe! (Free)
Daddy Needs You! (900)
Superior Genetics! (600)
Medical Syringe (500)
MY NEW NERVE GAS (350)
Medical Refrigerator (250)
Surgical Implements (200)
Laboratory (0)

There should be a word for letting a million years-old necromancer play with an undead population that can't meaningfully oppose you. But there isn't, and never will be. The point is-once we gain total control of the planetary undead populace, the real challenge will be sloughing off all that unhygienic flesh and coting the bones in something sturdier. Like theometallic alloys smelted in the fires of creation, perhaps. Meanwhile, all the gross flesh'll go into a mass-energy converter to start rebuilding buildings and such.

Playing it pretty loose here, just gonna up and turn this horror FPS into a civ management game.

>>46664153
>I assume

Yes, because it's absolutely inconceivable someone who'd been here for a while (and made Okami, FF6, FF8 and Valkyrie Profile among others) thus having the misfortune to be around for some of the most turbulent times in JC history might want to up and leave in frustration since this place is sunshine & lollipops 24/7.

I really should know better than to get involved in this particular convo but your willful ignorance and inability to acknowledge >>46664182 has successfully baited me.

>>46664235
I envy you. I spent what felt like a weak homebrewing my own Stand, and then I tossed out all its' ideas to start from scratch when making it go Requiem.
>>
>>46664235
Whats ya requiem?

Also does anyone know if the dark dark fruit can absorb devil fruits just lying around or do i have to kill someone to gain thier power? Thanks
>>
>>46664323
Nobody knows for sure how it even works, apparently.
>>
>>46664322
Oii anti-spiral brother if someone wanted to become the embodiment of good like the opposite of your evil experiment how do you think it would work i cant exactly crib off your genuis design but id like some tips.
>>
>>46664330
I always assumed anything to do with devil fruits youd just absorb. Maybe make a conceptual tunneling leading to another space inside of you to place the newly acquired ability or maybe due to the darkness fruit your a black hole which can never be filled. Maybe i should just fanwank it.
>>
File: Sundowner.jpg (118 KB, 584x622) Image search: [Google]
Sundowner.jpg
118 KB, 584x622
>>46664203
>If I accuse them of samefag I don't have to have an argument!
Or maybe people can have dissenting opinions on the internet. Go take a walk chum.
>>
I seem to remember a Ben 10 jump being in the works--am I wrong, or is that a thing that's happening?
>>
>>46664322
If someone is petty enough to leave on a fucking whim just because they were momentarily upset than clearly they were never invested in this community in the first place and are better off gone.
>>
>>46664323
Still putting it all down to something concrete, but the base lets me spew shadows that just sort of obscure stuff, and can solidify to directly harm.

Requiem lets me make shadows that non-Stand users can see with a much higher production rate and range, but no solidification, while the original shadows can be solidified to act like a normal Stand and punch people. I'm thinking of going with a Djinn aesthetic, and have it spontaneously form a dazzling golden hoop that splits it between darkness and a muscular Star Platinum-lookin' mofo.
>>
>>46664434
Methinks we'd be better off if you were a bit LESS invested in us.
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>46664350
BECOME an embodiment of good? Now see, our plan to become the embodiment of evil was predicated on there actually BEING a perk that, well, let you become an embodiment of evil. And another form of-let's call it magic to save the headaches that could give it a real big boost.

Theoretically the Nasuverse force (Demons) being applied through Mystic Eyes should be able to serve as a means of incarnation. The trouble is, the Fate series portrays it as a majorly negative force, implying it doesn't do good as well as it does evil.

You'd need to start with a different focus. Maybe a Rider of Good from Darkseiders, or Symphogear if you also have the Chroma Squad tech that lets you harness friendship as a discernable energy field. There are certain perks from Persona and Devil Survivor 2 that let you attain/unlock new powers through friendship, and figuring out how to replicate these with internally generated magic could be another starting point to work from.

Alternately, if you could somehow focus what Elodie did (http://desustorage.org/tg/thread/44176376/#44178216) into yourself rather than an individual entity that might work. It would help to have something like Fate's Territory Creation, the Titan's Blood-buffed Empathic Environment from God of War or the Dragon Stream from Devil Survivor 2 to align the quasi-spiritual energy into yourself.

We are of course pessimistic about the whole thing due to our personal opinions on good and evil.

Worth noting if you could wield a Sword of the Cross from Dresden Files without breaking it, you could fill in as an enforcer of Good in a limited manner.

>>46664434
I would normally say I agree to disagree here, but no. I just think you're self-absorbed, hypocritical paranoid. If "invested in this community" is your only criteria and you choose to disregard the actual quality of contributions made by an individual, then by your reasoning, Bancho is a model member of this community.
>>
>>46664439
I like it its a nice idea.
>>
>>46664497
You need to realise that the quality of the jump's someone makes and what the person themselves are actually like are very different things. Unless you understand that you might as well stop posting in this argument because you'd have shown you have no awareness of what each side is arguing over.
>>
>>46664526
As someone who was there, I know for a fact that your claim that she was always hostile and causing problems is completely nonsense. She was barely around, in the thread or the IRC, and was generally comparatively quiet. That you come in here claiming she was a constant rebel rouser and then use THAT as a criteria for attacking her, it's clear that you have no real basis but bullshit.
>>
>>46664497
Thanks senpai i appreciate the help
>>
>>46664429
It was in the works, it might still be in the works but the guy making it isn't around a lot and at one point there was a computer failure that apparently got in the way.
>>
>>46664322
When I told them to stop acting like children, I didn't mean for you to come in and act like one in their place. For all you say they ignored my post, you did exactly the same thing. Grow the fuck up, you're better then that.
>>
>>46664549
Don't try and act like thread daddy, it doesn't work, pops.
>>
>>46664429
ProfessorParadox is making it, but shit and life have seemingly conspired to tell him "no screw you."
>>
>>46664541
Anon, if you could get over that massive hateboner you have for anyone who doesn't completely agree with you, you might realise I don't actually side with either side. I just pointed out that the arguments are over Lycoris' character, not her creations. I think both sides are morons and need to get over themselves and do something interesting instead of bringing up bad memories.
>>
>>46664434
You seem to think you're entitled to have everyone stay here, like it's a prison.
>>
>>46664573
It's not a hateboner, honey. It's a basic statement of fact, that you're peddling bullshit to people. It's one thing to 'disagree' it's another to make up crap.
>>
>>46664541
As someone who was there, I know that while she may not have talked often, those times were when she was worst. She threatened to leave JC unless people did as she asked in the IRC and pretended to leave the threads, causing big arguments over it, before coming back and pretending she was at no fault.
>>
>>46664549
Just curious, has acting like Thread Daddy EVER worked? Like...ever? From what I've seen it only ever makes arguments worse.

>>46664573
See >>46664589, implicitly supporting misformation and claiming to be neuttral about the issue is just plain intellectually dishonest.
>>
>>46664582
People can leave if they want to, just don't put on airs and act like it was someone's fault that you did.
>>
>>46664599
No. Nobody buys your bullshit. You're backpedaling now.
>>
>>46664603
When did I support misinformation? That was my first post in this thread, where I told ASA that the arguments were not about what he was arguing about. Can you tell me I'm wrong that both sides here are just talking about Lycoris' character and not her jumps?
>>
>>46664620
You're giving them equal treatment when one side's posts are founded on misinformation, lies, and character attacks born out of spite and entitlement.
>>
>>46664611
It's really sad to see that everyone arguing for Lycoris instantly assumes everyone that says something against her is the same person.
>>
>>46664599
Fuck's sake-if you're going to bullshit, bullshit convincingly at least. People said that about a dozen IRC people there, and it's become evident there's nothing but salt and prejudice to substantiate their claims.

I don't particularly care if you're a different anon or not, I just think you're dumb.
>>
>>46664627
Your opinion, not fact, no matter how much you or anyone else wants it to be.
>>
>>46664633
It's really sad that you think people are stupid enough to buy your act. Making the same kind of post, same kind of character attack, in the same argument? No, anon. Anonymity doesn't protect you when you always behave the same people. People are good at picking up patterns.
>>
>>46664639
That anon should throw down their IRC name as evidence for their assertions, really. If you're going to say someone was mean and evil in the IRC, prove you were there.
>>
>>46664643
Yeah, no. That's not how that works. Things people say, the way people acted, the things they did, those are facts. Not opinions.
>>
>>46664661
Better yet, take a screenshot to back up your claims or something. It's not a difficult concept. Burden of proof and all that good shit.
>>
>>46664648
...you're serious, aren't you?
>>
>>46664648
Totally couldn't be that more then one person agrees right? Naaaaaah. I mean, the fact that your side posts the same opinion over and over? They must be separate individuals with their own opinion, the other side are all just one nasty samefag.

I hope you realise how dumb that kind of post makes you and your argument look.

>>46664661
By those rules, so should the first anon that claimed that he was in the IRC and never saw such evidence. Only fair right?
>>
Jumpers how many of you have what so sort of unorthodox weapons to use your BBEGs? Was it fun when you slapped your enemies with wads of bills?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcy45MlI-lA
>>
>>46664670
Pretend to be incredulous all you want, anon. Post your IRC name if you want to be believed.

>>46664672
>By those rules
The people who claimed she was a nasty bitch has the burden of proof. That'd be you, anon.
>>
>>46664668
And yet the Lycoris I remember was certainly no saint. Was she as bad as these other people say? Not in the slightest, but she was not entirely innocent either.

I doubt you'll do anything but claim I'm just another hater or worse, the same person, but at least try to consider that you might not have been around for every single moment of Lycoris' time on here and that she was not perfect.
>>
>>46664682
*have used some sort of unorthodox weapons on BBEGs?
I am both an idiot and a retard for not rereading what I typed.
>>
>>46664688
What a weak little post you make. Nobody is perfect. But if you were at all neutral, you wouldn't be throwing in to defend these people painting someone as Satan. You wouldn't be complaining that someone defended someone. This isn't a neutral post, not one bit.
>>
We all suck, gotcha. Now, let's move on.

For those who got a genie (in Disney Princess, Sims 3, or wherever else they can be found) what were your three wishes?
>>
>>46663373
>Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder.
Nah, Forgotten Realms jump looks like shit.
>>
>>46664686
Proof:
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/40889476/#40891165
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/40889476/#40891284
Mind you, this is in response to an ABANDONED WORK IN PROGRESS being finished.
>>
>>46664708
Sims:
1. I wish for a sandwich.
2. I wish I had 100 million dollars.
3. I wished I had a new car.
>>
Yeah, by now it's obvious one or both sides are just trolling the other.

>>46664708
I can never decide on those sorts of things, always get stumped by how many options there are so I just go for silly stuff. Y'know, your 'I'm so hungry, I wish I had a sandwhich" sort of accidental wishes, mostly to see the genie wig out about how casual I am about the whole thing.
>>
File: 1453448896869.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1453448896869.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>>46664716
>Post says she doesn't approve of what's happening.
>Says she's leaving.
>Posts some WIPs and says goodbye.
>Next post is explaining why she feels the way she does.
>This is anon's 'proof' she's a screaming bitch.
Good god. Is your ass made of talcum powder?
>>
>>46664708
In the Sims I wished for the Genie to become my companion.
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
>>46664526
>>46664549
>people will stop posting if I intimidate them!

Ha. I thought I had made it clear I knew this whole shitstorm was a bad idea, and I was mainly yelling at people. But good grief, I've seen THAT tactic fail so many times it's bitterly amusing at seeing it used once again.

>>46664688
That said, I'm willing to admit I only mainly know Lycoris from thread. Where they seemed a decent sort, heard out feedback, knew their stuff about settings. The point being, I simply don't recall anything to evidence SoAnon did anything wrong and >>46664716 is undermined by the fact plenty of other people jumped on Wild Card with far less coherent ranting, so the whole thing seems more like a buildup of frustration than any statements about their character or lack thereof.

>>46664708
We didn't take a genie, but we did grant some wishes on our own initiative if that counts. Had to raise war resources for the Atlantean invasions somehow. Elsa really liked that onsen, and Ariel her custom magical futon. Mulan's wish was more costly; took a while to magically grant loads of women in China kung fu skills.
>>
>>46664810
Or maybe he's kinda fed up with anons attacking jumpmakers over petty shit and your tactic of trying to act like you're the boss of the thread and can tell people what to do while talking down to them just plain isn't conductive? Even less so is your claim that anyone that ever snaps at someone or ever disobeys your almighty self is nothing more than a 'shit stirrer' no matter what else they've done or said in their long stay here. That just undermines any credibility you may have had as an authority and makes you look childish.
>>
>>46664810
You know, when you shit on someone for shittery, it just creates a cyclical maelstorm of shit, it doesn't actually make the situation better.
>>
>>46664831
Not that anon, but I think you mean 'shituation'.

Badum-tiss, thank you, tip your waiter, I'll be here all week.
>>
>>46664760
I thought that happened automatically for both of them?
>>
>>46664843
Oh look, it's you again.
>>
>>46664843
What? What, I'm not him but-have you not noticed plenty of anons are fed up with your patronising shit too?
>>
>>46663712
look what you've done
>>
>>46664856
Have you noticed people are fed up with everyone thinking only one anon is ever talking to them? How hard is it to grasp the simple concept that there are multiple people under the name anon, not just everyone you disagree with in one person?
>>
>>46664866
They haven't done anything. Don't blame random people.
>>
>>46664871
You're still whining that people don't believe you when you say that Lycoris is the devil and everyone agrees with you?
>>
>>46664871
You misunderstand-I don't care if you're the original person or someone different. I just think you're a cunt. Hope that's enough of a "simple concept" for you to grasp.
>>
File: 1444021239182.jpg (39 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1444021239182.jpg
39 KB, 960x540
>>46664842
I really needed that smile. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>46664871
I'm going to interpret you deleting your own post as an admission of defeat. I'm just saying, famm.
>>
>>46664904
What a happy little comic, Sans.
>>
>>46664912
I'm not sorry.
>>
>>46664912
>>46664904

For a second there I thought I recognised it from somethin else on Youtube. I'm glad I was wrong.
>>
>>46663327

I'd personally add another vote for both the Sims jump and the Sherlock Holmes jump, I consider them important early jumps that possess some useful pickups, and never skip them.

I'm also partial to the generic medical drama jump, there's some very useful (and cheap) cp options to be had in a safe environment. I particularly like picking up Skeleton Key for its utility in many settings, and Bedside Manner for those bad news situations.
>>
Hey cracker_jacks or anyone one who knows does engergy absorbtion have a hard limit or can it be trained with something like soft cap from the elona jump?
>>
Exalted jump is made on SB...
>>
https://forums.spacebattles.com/posts/21724467/
>>
>>46665041
And we'll laugh at it. Those chucklefucks will make something magnificently appalling and we can all feel good about ourselves.
>>
>>46665041
If they post it on here then it'll receive critique and might end up being accepted. If they do not, it stays there and is ignored.
>>
>>46665063
I was right, it's hilariously broken and it makes me feel much better that we have far more skilled jumpmakers here. Thanks anon, it's good to have something there to remind you how good you have it once in a while.
>>
>>46665041
Why should anyone care? Fuck SB.
>>
>>46664682
let's see what unorthodox weapons I use
> a flying diesel train
> a belt
> a musical number
> a phone book
>>
Can companions take drawbacks in the fallen london jump?
>>
>>46665119
Unless a jump specifies that they can, like with Naruto or Tower of God, the default is that they cannot take drawbacks.
>>
>>46665119
Companions can't take drawbacks unless the jump says they can.
>>
>>46665128
>>46665129
alright, thanks guys
>>
>>46665092
Is there a way to make an exalted jump non broken?
>>
>>46665155
Sure. Make it an end jump.
>>
>>46663333
Support perk?
>>
Jumpers, do you ever go on road trips?
>>
>>46665164
Oh im actually kind of embarrassed i forgot endjumps were a thing.
>>
>>46665192
I've tripped on a road before.
>>
>>46665192
...jumpchain itself is a cosmic road trip. This is kind of like asking water if it's wet.
>>
File: image.jpg (974 KB, 1080x1527) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
974 KB, 1080x1527
MASS EFFECT (2)
--LOCATION--
Omega
--RACE--
Salarian
Male, 16yo
--ORIGIN--
Outlaw (900cp)
--CLASS--
•Engineer
-Incinerate
-Overload
-Cryo Blast
-Combat Drone
-Sabotage
-Sentry Turret
--PERKS--
•Not A Stupid Grunt (750cp)
•Tongue Of A Shepard (250cp)
--GEAR--
•Loadout
•Extra Credits x3 (100cp)
•LOKI Mech (0cp)
•Assistant VI (-100cp)
•Conflict Minerals (-200cp)
•Elite Ordinance (-400cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•No Takers (-100cp)
•Shepard's Flock (0cp)

http://pastebin.com/TAkt3rcW
>>
>>46665155
You could ban exaltations.
>>
>>46665155
I don't know the series too well (Been years since I played). Limiting it to 5 essence (I think that's the dots name?) would be a good start, but you'd also probably need a few notes to prevent people circumventing that limit through a myriad of ways (Taking a companion already past that limit from the jump, absorbing the powers of people past that limit, certain items or abilities that aren't related to the dots or are broken even below it etc)

I think one is possible without it being an end jump, but it's the sort of thing that needs a big notes page to make that feasible.

Or you can just make the whole thing an end jump and go hog wild on what you give out.
>>
File: Wet like the ocean.jpg (565 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wet like the ocean.jpg
565 KB, 1920x1080
>>46665203
>This is kind of like asking water if it's wet.
Lewd
>>
Why not a Terrestial Exalted for regular jump & Solar for end jump?
>>
>>46665209
Cue mass outcry at being unable to compete with the best. And to be honest? In the particular case of Exalted they'd have a point. The non-Exalted get steamrolled or screwed over by the Exalted every time they face off, unless they're something equally hax like a Rakasha or demon. And the Exalted where custom tailored to fuck up things like THEM.
>>
>>46665228
Perfect defenses/other effects become available early on. And before anyone has this argument, Exalted Perfect Defenses/other effects are written as conceptually perfect beyond all common sense, not like the hax in Naruto that can theoretically be bypassed by something really novel.
>>
>>46665251
When you're fighting concept gods you gotta have this shit locked down.
>>
So, just how tall are the Ar Tonelico Towers, anyway, including the purchaseable one? Top of the Troposphere? Somewhere in the Stratosphere? Taller?
>>
>>46665297
Reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllly tall
>>
File: First_Tower.jpg (359 KB, 523x3500) Image search: [Google]
First_Tower.jpg
359 KB, 523x3500
>>46665297
About yay high.
>>
>>46665297
They reach space.
>>
File: Second_Tower.jpg (336 KB, 1188x1024) Image search: [Google]
Second_Tower.jpg
336 KB, 1188x1024
>>46665297
All references mention the top of the First Tower as "scraping space".

Of course, all Towers are different, so make of that what you will, especially with the OC Tower of Rhaplanca.
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>46665271
Not even disagreeing, the Primordial War was a scary time. It's the inevitable outcome of the God of Perfection and the Primordial of Invention coming together to make the absolute most powerful superweapons they possibly can.

There has only ever been one very tenuous mention in 2e fluff of any being having a hope of overcoming Perfect Defenses at any point in recorded history, and that's the Primordial Qaf, heavily implied to embody something like perfection or enlightenment if his hearthstone themes are any indication. See, the Exaltations' metaphysical hax is powered by the Shinma, which are non-entities that define fundamental facets of existence in Exalted's setting by not existing. Qaf is fluffed to be the Primordial who calibrated the Shinma such that defense always takes precedence over offence. He is the reason why, in theory, you could block a single blow from the Godspear with a low essence perfect parry (although if you're in that situation in the first place the ST has probably already decided to kill your character). In short, he invented Perfect Defenses as a concept-long before the Exaltations were made, in fact.

Things might be different in 3e though, haven't had time to check on any major metaphysical updates.

>>46665297
Seems to be just poking beyond stratosphere a little, if >>46665308 is any indication. Apparently there's something called the Law of Diminishment that now goes into the Exaltation creation process, which may or may not be a lie made up to scare the Yozi from making their own Exaltations?

>>46665192
Nah, teleportation's more convenient and dirigibles are more majestic.
>>
Could I use Real Eater on my Lord of Light Aspect to make it a toggleable aura effect, similar to Soul Eater's Madness Wavelength, instead of a psychic effect?
It makes me feel like a phony when I think that I'm just telepathically tricking people into thinking that I'm god-like.
>>
>>46665438
Um, actually lots of them ARE toggleable aura effects? The goddess of night, Sam's, Mara's. I mean technically yes I don't see why not, but honestly you coul totally just fluff it as an aura if you want it to be like that.
>>
>>46665297
>>46665308
don't forget how very wide they are those landmasses below the horns are described as continents
>>
>>46665297
The Reyvateil - Origin description says that the tower you get is 350km tall. Well, it says 'high', so that might count the mountain, but that's still a tiny bit of it.

>>46665308
The rocky bits in this picture below the horn are a countryside, complete with mountain ranges and forests.
>>
>>46665192
Hell yeah. Well, most of them involved lots of walking, but:
- One Piece (Lots of it)
- FFXIII Grand Pulse
- FFX (Everywhere yo)
- Mass Effect (Most of the Galaxy)
- Gensokyo

Had some of the most beautiful vistas I had ever seen.
>>
>>46665464
Okay, I just wanted to be sure it was having an actual effect on my real soul and aura instead of just making people THINK my soul and aura is divine.
>>
>>46665337
>All references mention the top of the First Tower as "scraping space".
That's kind of the point of the question. Where "atmosphere" ends and "space" begins isn't very well defined; it could be anywhere from 80km to 1000km high, or even more, depending on the definition you're using. That's a massive difference of scale, and I'd like to have some idea of where in it it falls.
>>
>>46665479
Ah, I overlooked that somehow, thanks.
>>
>>46665511
See >>46665479
It's in the jump.
>>
>>46665498
Oh. Oh, if THAT'S what you're concerned about Mir recently errata'd the Aspects/Attributes to be up to you to decide whether they're divine or scientific in nature. So if you want, you can just interpret it as affecting your soul/aura

Personally I've always interpreted the Aspects/Attributes as being C'tan-like scientific effects because of the available vidence in the books but this has been the crux of an old argument and the bottom line is the subjective definition of what divinity actually means is a running theme. My decision was made mainly on the basis of literally everything else in the setting being science.
>>
>>46665539
Neat, thanks.
>>
>>46665479
That'd be the middle Thermosphere. Not technically space so the first tower is taller, but not bad.

>>46665511
A safe assumption would be around 500-1000km for where space proper starts. That's where the Exosphere starts, and where the lowest common delimitation of space is.

>>46665337
Where do people live on this one?
>>
>>46665363
Airships > Dirigibles
>>
>>46664708
1. I wish that this and all subsequent wishes are carried out according to their actual intent, regardless of any turns of phrase ,alternate interpretations, etc. etc. ad infinitum 2. I wish the effects of the therapy skills we learned seventy years ago were removed 3. I wish that you along with all good and neutral genies were free.
>>
>>46665562
>500-1000km [...] where the lowest common delimitation of space is.
Really? That's well above the Karman Line, how is it the lowest?
>>
File: peekaboo.png (144 KB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
peekaboo.png
144 KB, 720x406
>>46665569
Blimps > Airships > Dirigibles

It's like pokemon tiers, except without actual evolution. Although really, once you have FF9s physics-breaking airship design techniques AND the solar sail technology from Treasure Planet the lines start to blur. And you end up just strapping dozens of balloons to your Taiwanese knockoff Mt. Doom/Bastion to tow it everywhere you want to watch scenic vistas, and wonder if your air cruiser will inspire someone to setup alternate universe Studio Ghibli.

>>46665495
>Gensokyo

Is the area within the barrier bigger than it is on the outside because of space warping shenanigans? Or is it just the crossroads to dozens of portals that lead to places like Japanese Hell and Yuuka's private garden?
>>
Crap, so I was looking at the WIP Jumps and was reading the Diablo Jump when it occurred to me.

I'm looking for a jump that would give one of my companions an Angelic theme (to thematically counter the other who is Demonic), and I've already done the No Game, No Life Jump.

Any ideas?
>>
>>46665634
>inspire someone to setup alternate universe Studio Ghibli.
Truly ASA is a model for us all.
>>
>>46665647
Sort of angelic stuff with the Lumen Sage background in Bayonetta.
>>
File: ar_tonelico_2.jpg (210 KB, 799x600) Image search: [Google]
ar_tonelico_2.jpg
210 KB, 799x600
>>46665562
As always in Ar Tonelico - wherever they can. 'Tis not a nice world.
>>
>>46665620
Poor choice of words, I guess. It's the Exosphere though. Going by your Reyvateil tower being 350km, the Exosphere definition is probably the best one, as Ar Tonelico is the biggest and strongest, as it were. So putting it at 510km or something over your 350 seems rather fitting.
>>
Reasking for if KOTOR is around.

Bioengineering lists enhancing someone's natural physical abilities as a feat it lets you achieve. Could this affect all Tamaranean powers, being derived as they are from their physiology? Would this work on other races whose biology gives them what are, compared to humans, superpowers?
>>
>>46665647
Heaven's lost property can make them an angel biorobot. There are more than a few pantheons you could import into Percy Jackson to get an angel thing going.
>>
Hey Cracker Jack, is this something Omega Adaptive Evolution could pull off?

http://imgur.com/a/J8V7S
>>
>>46665634
>
Is the area within the barrier bigger than it is on the outside because of space warping shenanigans? Or is it just the crossroads to dozens of portals that lead to places like Japanese Hell and Yuuka's private garden?

No, it's the same size as the area the barrier covers outside, but it's got a few gates and other...barriers leading to:
- The River Sanzu and Shikieiki's Court
- The Pillar of Heaven
- The Nether Realm (Yuyuko's Personal Realm)
- Makai (Not sure if the Portal to that is still sealed)
- Yuuka's Dream Realm (She originally slept here until Reimu and Marisa woke her up)
- The Land within the Boundary (This is where Yukari and her servants live)

I think I'm forgetting one more, but in short, Gensokyo is not quite a crossroads of Realms, but it's close. The land itself is actually pretty small with a set boundary, but it's crazy at just what goes on in that small area.

>>46665669
I kinda need her to remain female I'm afraid.
>>
>>46665734
Hmm, that might be an option.
>>
>>46665746
Isn't there an option to keep your gender?

It's in the notes. If you pay the 50CP to set your gender you can get around the requirement. This does raise a question I haven't though of before: Can companions buy the age and gender options if they're being imported?
>>
File: ASAangelmode.jpg (891 KB, 1200x788) Image search: [Google]
ASAangelmode.jpg
891 KB, 1200x788
>>46665647
Supernatural lets you import companions as actual angels. Their true forms appear to be vast bursts of white energy. You may want to take down Metatron to prevent all angels in Heaven from falling, and turning into glowy blue fart gas apparently.

Darksiders also lets you import some companions as angels. They just look like golden Space Marines with wings.

The general look of paladins/clerics from WoW is somewhat angelic, at least. So is the Cleric perk tree as a whole from Van Helsing.

Importing Companions with the Savior background in FF13-3 gives them a powerset with someone approximating an in-universe angel. Well, goddess-in-training. Up to you whether it's worth emulating Lightning.

Importing companions in Dresden Files could give them access to Soulfire, a boon from angels there.

Finally, creating an Exsphere from Tales of Symphonia and tinkering it to the point of becoming an Angelus Stone can be used as a sort of implant to make companions into a kind of angel. This also has the effect of erasing their emotions.

>>46665746
Gotcha, thanks. Might have been misremembering what someone said about Yuuka's garden.
>>
>>46665783
I've no idea on that score, but thanks for the assist.

>>46665790
Sweet stuff, cheers man.
>>
How does infusing your magic with your soul using That Undefinable Thing from Tales of Symphonia compare with Soulfire?
>>
>>46665745
That guy seems completely at ease being held in the air by a mutant that seems like she's about to kill him.

Not Cracker Jack, but that seems like what it could do.
>>
>>46665192
Anon, I don't have a car.

You can't take a road trip on a dragon!
>>
File: Casual banchô-Anon.jpg (197 KB, 1280x1155) Image search: [Google]
Casual banchô-Anon.jpg
197 KB, 1280x1155
>>46665192
all the time, why do you think I started a motorcycle gang?
>>
>>46666004
How'd your trip and name fall off? Please put them back on so you can be filtered.
>>
>>46666018
sorry about all that there was a thing.
>>
>>46666317
I don't know why you're responding to someone talking about filtering you. They're not going to see it.
>>
>>46666330
it just seemed like the kind of thing I should do so that people who aren't filtering me know that I'm not trying to pull anything.
>>
>>46664708
Would the Disney Genie be able to grant a wish to enchant an item with size changing spells letting the wearer change their size between mouse and Titan sizes?

Could you just wish to be a titan, or able to turn into one?

The genie is said to be relatively powerful, but not omnipotent.
>>
>>46663441
If you got it from the DC or GL Jumps, and didn't take the +100 CP drawback, then it's immune to the hex. Anything in the Warehouse or which you get from the choices you make in a Jump is protected by fiat. If you took the stronger Hex, or acquired it secondhand, then it's eventually going to fizzle out.
>>
>>46666553
the first one seems reasonable, the second one much less so although you can wish to be a more powerful genie than the genie you're making the wish from so that's a tricky one.
>>
File: image.png (469 KB, 517x877) Image search: [Google]
image.png
469 KB, 517x877
MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE (3)
--LOCATION--
New York City, New York
--IDENTITY--
Tech Expert (900cp)
Male, 27yo
--ABILITIES--
•Soundtrack Of The Galaxy
•They Call Me "Star Lord"
•Profession Of Asskicking
•I Am Ironman (700cp)
•Retro Engineer (400cp)
•Data Disassembly (200cp)
--EQUIPMENT--
•Nitramene
•Holotable
•Hydra Blueprints (-400cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•I Am Jumper! (-300cp)
•Catch Phrase (-200cp)
•You Owe Rocket (0cp)

http://pastebin.com/fKLvhjWb
>>
>>46666578
If Soulfire is tapped from your soul, would being an Angel with an S2 engine give you unlimited soulfire ammo, if limited perhaps in output?
>>
File: 1351460336207.png (79 KB, 318x220) Image search: [Google]
1351460336207.png
79 KB, 318x220
I JUST HAD THE BEST IDEA. So, Green Lantern has the option to buy Hope Corgi. So we take him: AND INTRODUCE HIM TO BITCH FROM WORM.
>>
>>46666751
...I have mixed feelings about poofy flesh-warg Hope Corgi. I suspect some sort of canine Blue Lantern Corps sub-branch will ensue, though.
>>
>>46666751
Is there any way to make the Shards there not go full gets-worse or is it a design feature?
>>
>>46666781
It's great, because even if she doesn't hulk him out, she still understands dogs better than people and he's the puppy embodiment of Hope! Clearly, he is the best therapist for all of Worm. Sorry, Yamada, you're just not a flying Corgi.
>>
>>46666812
It's a design feature, namely the shard is supposed to drive the person it's attached to to use it in new and more inventive ways. Often in combat or other extreme situations.
>>
>>46666812
Well, I know they're designed to push towards combat. Or at least to be used more often/in new ways, but combat's usually the easiest way to go for that. Shards usually mess with you in different ways, depending on which one. Like Grue is pretty well adjusted up until the second trigger.
>>
>>46666747
I don't really know enough about S2 engines to say one way or the other. I'd say use your best judgment, and be careful if you need to use more than it can put out.
>>
>>46666851
Is that an issue with his Shard, though? Because I can completely understand it coming from getting turned into a room and watching the girl who did it try to finger his girlfriend's brain.
>>
>>46665217
This.

Just make it like Gurren Lagann, the really crazy stuff doesn’t happen till Essence 6.
Before that, it’s high power, but a Jumper in an ACU could handle a lot of it.
>>
>>46666894
Mostly just mentioning that because he doesn't stay as sane throughout. Even then, it wasn't much involving his darkness-powers tweaking his brain and thoughts. Admittedly, that's probably because he was in a lot of fighting which kept the Shard happy.
>>
>>46665209
I'd love a Heroic Mortal Jump as long as the Jumpmaker was upfront about it being Heroic Mortals. I also don't see a problem with a Terrestrials Jump; perfect Defenses kick a lot of ass but they are innately flawed (literally - each MUST have a flaw), and run on Motes, which means you have a limited supply.
>>
>>46666851
>Like Grue is pretty well adjusted
Except for the whole "Gee, how am I going to get homelife protection for my little sister? I know, I should be a petty thug, that will surely solve everything!"
And then he goes and works for Coil, creeper extraordinaire, and arranges for him to help his situation with his little sister. And doesn't even realise this may have been a terrible, terrible idea when they find out Coil has KIDNAPPED AND ADDICTED TO DRUGS A SMALL GIRL TO GET ACCESS TO A USEFUL PARAHUMAN POWER.
Like, you say "well adjusted" but I can only see "dumb as a fucking rock."
>>
>>46666916
E6 is just high enough to buy The Mirror Does Not Lie from Obsidian Shards of Infinity, though. Which is, frankly, one of the most unfair PDs out there.
>>
>>46666996
Actually, I just checked, and all of the Dragonblood-specific Perfect Defenses also require willpower, which means using them doesn't just exhaust your Motes, but leaves you mentally exhausted.
>>
>>46666996
It would be a lot easier to balance origins if it was limited to Terrestrials, too. Solaroids are dramatically stronger than all the other Exaltation types, that's explicitly the case in both lore and mechanics. Not having to take that into account would simplify things quite a bit.
>>
>>46667050
>>46666996
The flaws aren't impossible to get around. Limiting things to 5 essence is a good start, but stuff like perfect defenses also need a look at.
>>
>>46667046
…Which is why I said to prohibit Essence 6 and anything that requires it till post-chain.
>>
>>46667046
Yeah, but Obsidian Shards of Infinity should be taken out back and shot. The Sidereal styles in general are rather poorly designed, but Obsidian Shards is the worst of the bunch. I would have no problem with the jump saying "Obsidian Shards of Infinity? What's that?" and declaring that it doesn't exist in the creation you're jumping.
>>
>>46667099
Ah, gotcha. Sorry, misunderstood what you meant.

>>46667101
I can certainly agree with that too, if only because they raise questions like "why haven't these guys already won"?
>>
>>46667073
You could say that perfect defenses are only perfect in exalted, but everywhere else they’re just really good.
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 736x920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 736x920
Has Exalted 3e come out yet? I was wondering how it was compared to 2e if it has.
>>
>>46667136
It has, though so far only the core book.
>>
File: ABAFH.jpg (127 KB, 800x1150) Image search: [Google]
ABAFH.jpg
127 KB, 800x1150
>>46667134
!

Uh...

...actually? That. That might solve the issue quite neatly, like the infinity stones' treatment. Because that would make a lot of sense to be honest, since in other jumps you'd exist outside the Shinma's reach.

Still be one hella hella buff conceptual shield, just not literally unbreakable; maybe throw in something about relevant feats for different essence tiers and emphasising the "strength" of the defense scales with your Essence rank to infer plausible feats.

Now that I think about it, Wyld Cauldron Technique and its' fellow charms might not work at all outside the jump unless it's ruled places like Changeling's Arcadia count as being close enough.
>>
Questions to Professor Paradox, maker of Soul Hackers:

-How many demons can fit inside a Dolly Kadmon / Zoma

-What's the threshold for sufficient demon? e.g. could I drag Burning Legion species in WoW or Hitogata in Imawabi no Dakini screaming to either the Gouma-Den or the Forge.

-For that matter, exactly how much of a bag of dicks am I for unwillingly fusing demons with other demons? Mega-Hitler or Tom-in-the-office level of dick?
>>
>>46667134
Eh, what are we really worried about with them? Anything that can put out the kind of power that can only be resisted by Perfect Defense can probably just use it eleven times to obliterate a stubborn Dragonblood.
>>
>>46664249
SlowAnon/CleanupAnon here, just got back on computer for the day. Been a bit distracted for the last few days (gotta earn that name), but got most of my perks written. Also just watched the last update a while ago.

Just need the two other undiscounted perks filled out (should be easy) and the Harley/English capstone. I'm currently thinking I should base it on Grandpa Harley/Grandma English/Jake, since most of the tree is very focussed on Jade. Not exactly sure how to do it yet, and it's driving me a little crazy whenever I get to work, but eh.

Also, [S] Collide got me thinking I should put in a Fraymotifs perk, since those seemed a lot more relevant than previously shown...

Anyway, starting on Items now today. Got a bunch of ideas, but it's not really written out yet. Any ideas/suggestions are welcome?

http://pastebin.com/kB7nqfPy
>>
>>46667190
>Anything that can put out the kind of power that can only be resisted by Perfect Defense can probably just use it eleven times
Spending all your force in a single ultimate final attack is a staple of fiction, you know.
>>
File: english.png (695 KB, 1065x667) Image search: [Google]
english.png
695 KB, 1065x667
>>46667281
And forgot my picture. Well, here is it anyway.
>>
>>46667333
Didn't Homestuck finish? How did they beat this guy?
>>
>>46667417
>How did they beat this guy?

Plot contrivances and likely more time travel wank than our resident time traveler does.

That was sarcasm, I stopped catching up with hamsteak a while ago and don't know how.
>>
>>46667322
Hmm... Maybe a Jump-Chan Approved set of Drama-Preserving Flaws?
>>
Is there anywhere other than Young Justice you can pick up a perk like Drain No? I'm not a fan of losing my powers but I can't afford it without taking Apokolips Now!
>>
So. Judging as all of the examples are 600+ CP, is there any point in attempting to make a Custom, Low Power Nen Technique (Hunter x Hunter)? Or am I better off just paying for another Nen-type and at least learning whichever one is associated with it.
>>
>>46667507
Or something to replace Removed From Context to protect my technology from being replicated, that'd work too.
>>
>>46667417
It finished yesterday. As for how they beat him, he hasn't been shown to actually die, but it's heavily implied a version of Dave stabbed him with the sword that's his weakness.

Also, the Green Sun was sucked into a black hole by the Muse of Space, which de-powered him a bunch.

Goddamnit, forgot to spoiler last post. Well, fixed it. I suck at doing stuff today.
>>
>>46667536
Worthy of Legend from the Xena/Hercules jump could arguably replace Removed From Context. It prevents people from copying you without your approval, including emulating your skills. That should cover reverse-engineering your technology, as that would be copying your engineering skills.
>>
>>46667568
Not necessarily. They don't need to emulate your engineering skills to understand the scientific principles behind a device and reproduce it.
>>
>>46667568
Does anyone know what Worthy of Legend is based on? Is it just Gilgamesh memes turned into reality or does something big go down there that makes it come up?
>>
>>46667568
That does look very good. Thanks.
>>
>>46667134
You know. I'm kinda wondering why all of you think Exalted perfect defences are so bad, doesn't 8-Bit Theatre already give us a perfect defence with You...Blocked?
>>
>>46667618
Ugh, please don't remind me that that exists.

I friggin' told McNinjanon it was a bad idea, and now it's being used as justification to allow Exalted perfect defenses.
>>
>>46667618
And Soft Physics from worm.
>>
>>46667618
>>46667635
Whoa, WHOA it's not an Exalted-perfect defense. It's just-well, from what I've read of the webcomic it's literally Cartoon Physics: The Sword Technique. In theory a good enough fighter can just, y'know. Out-fight you. It's powered by chronic sword autism, not actual metaphysics teaming up on your enemy's attack.
>>
>>46667655
At one point he blocks the ground when he's falling, so...
>>
X-Men cinematic universe?
Dudepeel No More+0 should be the default since the retcon
What do they call you? Wheels? +100 : The Jumper, yes they actually call me the jumper my codename is an article of women's clothing.
Terrible Fashion Sense +100 guess what I'm wearing?
Morlock+200 adaptive evolution kind of hyperactive always reacting outrageously, the metastable cancer à la Deadpool from the healing factor doesn't help.
to the littlest things like a drop of rain will give me frog features that kind of thing.
Did you just call me...Blob? +200 fighting is fun , with my amazo
abilities it will probably work out in my favor in the long run.
rolling for age Roll(1d8)+16: 5,+16 total:21
rolling for location:4. Ontario. Black flies little black flies, all black flies wherever you go
drop in free can't spend points with all the goodies I have to get.
We'll Show You Ours -200 I don't think that the English language has that many words that can describe this fighting style, cartoonish, eldritch, brutish, weird ,fluid and surprising might be pretty close though.
400 points free for mutations
precognition at Delta -200 danger sense is always good.
healing factor at Omega level -800 no longer dependent on my mosaic organ for this kind of healing.
adaptive evolution at Omega level -800 still pretty damn good,still pretty damn handy even if it's not comics Darwin, I imagine I can do stuff like preemptively turning into a sponge to keep from getting my nervous system destroyed at least.
#Plans include granting toggle to rogue, killing Jimmy before he can be reverse engineered, firing orbital retrovirus bombs to give everyone not in a airtight bunker the X gene in a stable and safe manner, the usual technological uplift stuff .
>>
File: 1407360755886.jpg (50 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
1407360755886.jpg
50 KB, 620x348
>>46665192
>>
>>46667667
Yes, that's exactly what I mean-he had both hands on his sword and he was doing the technique properly. When Black Mage backstabs him later on, he points out he explicitly uses his swords to block; if Fighter had been an Exalted he could've detected the backstab and then potentially no-selled it without even using a weapon.

Exalted PDs let you shrug off attacks of theoretically no upper raw magnitude so long as you spend a little Essence and meet certain arbitrary conditions. They're way worse than this.

>>46667673
I can't tell if that's a yes or no.
>>
>>46665192
>>46665203
This question makes me want to do a Cosmic Road Trip build now. Ignore (for the most part) superpowers, acquire exploration abilities and souvenirs.
>>
How should post-jump summoning work, with an Exalted jump? Elementals and demons are the basic tools for a smart sorcerer, but summoning both of them requires conditions that wouldn't exist in other worlds. Elementals need to actually be there in the world to summon, it can't pull them across dimensions. And demons can only be summoned when the Incarnae aren't watching, which is simple enough to translate for First and Second Circles (night and the new moon, respectively) but Third Circles require Calibration, which is unique to Creation. What's a good way to address those issues? Maybe for demons let the jumper choose five consecutive days per year when they can summon Third Circles, locked upon making the choice? And for elementals...I don't know, something like Tower of God does with Shinsoo, and letting you seed the worlds you visit with them but have them just not respond to other summons or detection methods? So you'd still get the "elementals know all about the area you summoned them from" but, without disrupting the setting with the introduction of a bunch of nature spirits.
>>
>>46667704
It's a fabulous yes.
>>
>>46667704
Yeah, but at least one of the Arbitrary Conditions is almost always that you have to be aware of the attack and able to take the appropriate defensive actions - dodge, parry, turn, thrust.
>>
>>46667717
Third Edition has you create the Elementals you summon from scratch/the enviroment, so that could just be used.
>>
>>46667743
Really, you can do that now? Cool. Okay, so that solves the elemental issue. How about the "choose five days when you can summon Third Circles" bit? Does that work?
>>
>>46667417
I just watched it.

I think I understood more before than after.

Is anime real?

I'll go lie down.
>>
Just leave "Perfects are not perfect" as an option. Third edition actually did something like that - perfects in it are actually perfect only in specific situations.
>>
>>46667726
I don't remember what it's like for Lunars and Sidereels but for Solars and Abyssals at least my understanding was more that you have to be playing along with one of your Virtues in order to use it. And besides, they have other charms to be auto-aware of attacks. And Infernals just cheat since all their charms are borrowed from Primordials.
>>
>>46665746
>>46665783
>>46665825
I'm going to say if either you or your companion spends the 50CP that they can remain female. It's only fair.
>>
>>46667767
Should work. I'd propably just make it a once-a-year ability to summon them, but picking five days out of the year seems fine too. So, sure?
>>
>>46667785
>>46667805

This is a good idea.

It's a moot point, anyway. Nobody's making an Exalted jump. I don't envy the poor bugger who tries anyway; there's a lot to cover in that setting. To say nothing of possible Shards of the Exalted Dream-based scenarios.

>inb4 SB

NOBODY IS MAKING AN EXALTED JUMP.
>>
>>46667785
Do we even know if anyone's even working on Exalted in any remote respect, or is this all just kicking around ideas.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.