[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ultranids: Tyranids who follow our Spritual Liege, Marneus Calgar.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 600x795) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 600x795
This is a thread dedicated to a Meme-Worthy idea.

Ultranids. Tyranids who have devoured so much Ultramarine biomass that they have been compelled to follow the Codex Astartes, and look to our Spiritual Liege, Marneus Calgar.
>>
This is why everyone thinks 40k fans are fags.
>>
File: 4774286-2769845158-2f0ad.jpg (14 KB, 200x210) Image search: [Google]
4774286-2769845158-2f0ad.jpg
14 KB, 200x210
>>46490677
Sounds like some grade-A HERESY to me.
>>
>>46490758
The joke is that it's using the Marine codex to play Tyranids, since the actual Tyranid codex sucks.
>>
Here's all that I have for ideas:
Unit exchange:
Gaunts = Marines
Gargoyles = Assault Marines
Biovores = Devastators
Warriors = Captains
Genestealers = Scouts(?)
Zoanthropes = Librarians
Venomthropes = Apothecaries(?)
Hive/Tyrant Guard = Termintators/Centurions(?)
Raveners = Bikers
Carnifex = Predator/Dreadnought(?)
Exocrine = Vindicator
Tyrannofex = Land Raider
Harpy = Stormraven
Hive Tyrant = Chapter Master
Tervigon = Rhino(?)
>>
File: heresy.jpg (133 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
heresy.jpg
133 KB, 800x800
>>46490822
It's still heresy.
>>
Lore:
>>46490540
It's shitty and I wrote it in 3 minutes, but it's a start, I guess?
>>
>>46490868
I love it. Post the second half you wrote as well in here!
>>
>>46490825
Carnifex would probably work best as an Ironclad Dreadnought.

Tervigons might be able to work as Rhinos or Razorbacks. That would make Tyranofex better as Predator tanks though.

I think Warriors might be better suited as Terminators, with Tyrant Guard being Centurions
>>
>>46490916
I didn't write it, but I assume you mean this one:
>>46490545
I think that's perfect and absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>46490970
Indeed! Thought you wrote it, but either way it's great.
>>
>>46490942
Tervigons might fit better as Predators, but isn't it pretty necessary to have Land Raiders, though? Even if it doesn't fit the fluff as much, could Trygons/Mawlocs be some kind of tanks, as well? They kinda need a role, too.

The Warriors and Guard thing make more sense your way, too.
>>
>>46490758
Yes thats Heresy. Good Heresy

First posted in the general:
Lets see here are my ideas, slighty around the idea that the models are roughtly equal in size, to not make some whiny40k players cry-

Remember red head for sarge
special weapons can be displayed using alternative weapons
HQ
Captain OR Chaplain = Symbiarch
Librarian = Zoanthrope
Elite
Centurion assault squad = tyrant guard
Dreadnaught = Carnifex
Venerable Dreadnaught = Hive Tyrant
Terminator Squad = Warriors with shooty weapons, sword only on sarge
Terminator assault squad = Raveners
Vanguard = Genestealers
Troops
scout squad with BP+CCW = Hormagants
Tactical =Termagants.
Fast Attack
Assault Squad = Gargoyls
Bike = lictor
Droppod = Tyrannocyte
Heavy Support
Centurion Devastator = Hive Guard
Storm Raven = Harpy
Thunderfire cannon = Biovore
Techmarine for Thunderfire cannon = mucolid spore
For tanks I suggest using the originals with "evolved organisms" looking out of the hatch, if chaos can make the tanks drive using demons, we can using special creatures.
>>
>>46491110
Trygon and Mawloc are probably better suited for Imperial Knights in terms of sheer size.
>>
>>46491256
I think Warriors with melee could work just fine as assault terminators. Raveners are Beasts with lighter armor anyway, so I think they work better as bikes.
>>
I'm going to download a pdf of the Space Marine Codex and do this. This is hilarious.

We need to expand on this.
>>
>>46491256
I personally think warriors are a better analogy for tactical marines, just as stat wise and size wise a Nob is closer to a tactical marine
>>
>>46491453
I'll agree to Warriors as Tactical Marine equivalents, though, what would replace them as Terminators?
>>
>>46491453
I disagree. Tyranid warriors are nearly double the height of a space marine model. They're much closer to Terminators than tacticals
>>
>>46491540
tyrant guard maybe? something kitbashed?

>>46491593
gaunts are tiny though and statwise not even close
>>
>>46491606
Maybe Genestealers would work? They're the only thing that really seems close in size.
>>
>>46491593
You're right, I'm not the anon that wrote the comment, but I forgot about that.

So, say someone uses the Hive Vanguard formation, what would the Space Marine equivalent be?

Hive Tyrant:Chapter Master
Warriors:Terminators
Gargoyles:Assault Squad

>>46491606
True about the 'gaunts, though.
>>
>>46491634
I'd say in that formation the Warriors would be Honor Guard equivalents.

Not sure about the Gargoyles, however.
>>
>>46491678
kitbash gargoyles and stealers together to make assault marines?
>>
>>46491606
>>46491890
I actually don't think Gaunts are that small compared to Marines. The main thing is that they're running around like animals so they're size is all horizontal rather than vertical.
>>
>>46491930
That is true.

Wait...
Would The Swarmlord be the equivalent of a Primarch?
>>
hey guys remember the death watch overkill stuff about the "four armed emperor?"

what if it isn't propaganda, and instead is an alternate view of the emperor himself?

makes perfect sense now to see gene stealers running around in power armor shouting "for the emperor!"
>>
>>46492056
Wait, what? Tell me more about this, I need to know.
>>
>>46492079
>The blasphemous icon of the Four-armed Emperor
>>
>>46492131
Interesting. The fact that he's a genestealer as well is pretty cool.

Also, we should probably repost the lore from the other thread in here, as if/when it 404's the links in here will stop working.
>>
File: 1192px-1358602504071.jpg (159 KB, 1192x1198) Image search: [Google]
1192px-1358602504071.jpg
159 KB, 1192x1198
>>46490677
The CoNidex Tyrastartes names this maneuver FLESH REHN. For the glory of the HiveArch!
>>
>'An 'alf da beats sonz betrayed 'im, unleashing a roight propa waaaagh across da galaxy, led by da tratorous Gork
>'an when Gork reached holy Earf, Gubbins da grot stood up to uppose 'im an wuz blown away in an instant
>Gork and da Beast do battle on both da fisical and da magick realm
>wounded terrblee by Gork, Da Beast dafeats Gork and asks Mork ta put him on da Green Throne
>Mork puts tagevver Da Book O' Fightin Propa and is all are spiritshul leej
>All da Orc Clans are limuted to a fousand boyz
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 780x780
>>46492292
>>
>>46492292
>Da Book O' Fightin Propa
>>
Reposting fluff:

What are they, a behemoth tendril that escaped after eating too many smurfs?

After narrowly escaping from macragge, a small segment of Hive Fleet Behemoth fled from the now-lost battle and broke off into a bunch of smaller groups.

These separate Tyranids individually attacked worlds protected by the ultramarines. Those that were successful enough were able to grow their numbers and consume more and more of the unsuspecting, segmented ultramarine forces. Over time, they applied this new DNA into their own, each gaining new characteristics as they progressed.
Eventually, some of the separate hives grew large enough to reconvene into a single tendril again. It was then that they were able to combine all of their newly-acquired DNA, which together held a large part of the complete ultramarine gene-seed.

These new tyranids did what they were programmed to do, consume, but there was something more. Their past sense of beastial, primal hunger for biomass was no longer sufficient. They craved something more.
Hive Fleet Ultra felt a great purpose beyond feeding. They felt a sense of direction; a desire to follow a new code.

They, again, return to Macragge. But, this time, not with the ambition of conquering the greatest power in the system and securing the rest of the biomass for themselves, but to join it.
>>
>>46493628
Reposting more fluff:

Each Hive Tyrant is the master of a chapter-swarm of a bit over 1000 smaller bugs. Each of these chapter-swarms is divided into ten brood-companies, the first spawned containing large numbers of warriors and hive guard, and the tenth containing lictors and genestealers. The other brood-companies are primarily gaunts.

Each brood-company is controlled by a Tyranid Prime, with a retinue of four Venomthropes and a Malanthrope, while the Hive Tyrant has a retinue of Tyrant Guard.

Each brood-company has several monstrous creatures and warriors to keep them in line, while the most horrendous bio-monstrosities are spawned apart from the main ten broods and join various broods as the planetary invasion requires. Similarly, Zoanthropes are loaned out to the broods as seen fit.
>>
>>46492017
I'd agree with that.

>>46492292
Gave me a good laugh this did.

>>46493628
>>46493656
I like these. I like these a lot.
>>
>>46493628
I can try to rewrite this tomorrow. It was pretty half-assed and I was just getting some idea/thoughts down in words. I'll actually look up some basic Ultramarine/Behemoth lore and try to make it make sense. I'll post it in the general thread if this one is down later.

Btw, is that the name? Hive Fleet Ultra? I guess Hive Fleet Omega works, too. Goliath? Mammoth? All the good mythological animals have been taken, so I have no idea what's left.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.