[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kicking a shit player from group.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: 288227-bigthumbnail.jpg (116 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
288227-bigthumbnail.jpg
116 KB, 450x338
I've been running a long term D&D group that has been exceedingly great at RPing. Then a new player joined with a magical device that ruined everything. Anyway, after she joined the group has gone completely down hill in terms of RPing and has become completely centered around flattery towards the new player. Now, every member of the group that used to care about the story or plot just care about getting any sort of reaction from the girl.

Case in point, people are discussing what to do next and she suggests something completely stupid and completely off the plot rails with no reasoning behind it. Everyone rallies and fellates her non existent dick forcing the story in a completely stupid direction.

Not only this but idle chit chat and other off-topic chatter has increased massively. It used to be straight into the story but now it involves wasted minutes discussing what fucking food she ate at lunch and everyone around her trying to impress or respond to her.

I finally got fucking tired of it and killed her character off through a completely inescapable DM trap. After killing her character, I simply said she will not be able to continue in this adventure but should apply for a CHANCE to join the next game I run.

Now, the rest of the group is pretty upset for some reason but I am sure I can social engineer things to keep the group going and slowly edge the bitch out forever. Should I have handled the situation in a different manner, for instance maybe just straight up kicking her out? I feel like I executed the best plan possible and handled the social exchanges afterwards good enough to fool them.
>>
tl;dr
The usual situation is that you're a passive-aggressive cunt who decided to be less passive and more aggressive and stuff like that. I'm about 100% it's a completely uninteresting situation and that you're a shit GM since you need to post about it on /tg/.
>>
>>46463427
Plus this exact same thread was up earlier today, so possible troll in addition to all else
>>
>>46463356
Don't play with socially maladjusted people who can't handle the presence of females without going stupid.
>>
>>46463356
why'd you let her start the game with a magical device?

what game system are you playing?

>>plot rails
gosh, you sound bad. you realize RPGs are about player agency, having choices which matter, and collaboratively telling a story?
>>
Sounds like your other players are the shit ones.

And everyone's got a player that comes up with shit ideas. It's ok to come up with shit ideas.
>>
>>46463356
Could you not post the same thread multiple times looking for sympathy? You're a shit GM and probably a shitty person, sod off.
>>
Keep the girl, kick out the white knights.
>>
>>46463356
>social engineer

I can excuse everything else you said as being maladjusted, stupid, and a bad DM.

But that fact you use that phrase proves that you really are just really trying too hard to bait.

I was willing to assume you were just an autist, which you still are, however now you are a faggot as well.

Good day, sir.
>>
I'm happy to see that more people here have adopted the stance of telling the OP that the problem is not the girl.

Sage for repeat thread.
>>
File: d&d is just a game to me.jpg (9 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
d&d is just a game to me.jpg
9 KB, 208x250
>>46463632
>>
>>46463502
Can you link it? I need a laugh.
>>
First of all. You are all experiencing it from a perspective that does not exist naturally. I am of extremely high wisdom and felt forced into this course of action. The game was centered on this player instead of on my story and world building. I've been around long enough to know I had to do it this way in order to out maneuver any backlash.

I allowed there to be a solution on the table that they all could hope for. That she will be coming back after the campaign. The truth is obviously she won't be. In this way I alleviate the immediate backlash and with enough time it will be forgotten.

I think this example is something other GM's dealing with similar issues can learn from. Yes, it is not honorable but it was also the most correct solution for the desired outcome. If I had made it a social contest or ultimatum there is a chance she could have usurped me and led to a rebellion among the players.
>>
>>46463356
either you're game isn't as interesting as you thought or you're players are shitty and you should seek a better group
>>
File: 5432756732643.jpg (29 KB, 538x403) Image search: [Google]
5432756732643.jpg
29 KB, 538x403
>>46463784
>>
>>46463784
You think it is a correct course of action.

You think. Pretty confident event.

That doesn't mean it is actually correct.
>>
>>46463784
Did you tip your fedora after you gave m'lady the chance to re-apply to the campaign
>>
>>46463784
>I am of extremely high wisdom and felt forced into this course of action
you're weak and powertripping because you have a GM screen between you and them.

try sitting on the other side of the table sometime.
>>
>people replying would actually let a gash ruin their long-term RPing group

I don't think anyone in this thread have ever really experienced pinnacle RPing.
>>
>>46463356
>Then a new player joined with a magical device that ruined everything.

Was the magic device a vagina?
>>
>>46463784
Is this false flagging? Trying to make people fed up with "problematic female player wat do" shitposting? If so, I approve. Doing God's work, OP.
>>
bad thread man
>>
>>46463944
That sounds like something a problematic female player would say!
>>
>>46463774
Nah, shit's gone. Trust me though, it was literally an identical post
>>
File: it's a phone.png (11 KB, 455x340) Image search: [Google]
it's a phone.png
11 KB, 455x340
>>46463988
>>
>>46463991
>>46449166
>>
>>46464082
Ah, thanks anon. I'm apparently blind AND stupid.
>>
>>46449166

Didn't you set up the exact same thread earlier today? You are either trolling or fishing for sympathy. Sweet.

> Should I have handled the situation in a different manner, for instance maybe just straight up kicking her out?

Yes, like maybe trying to talk to her to be more cooperative, or to the group to get their focus back on the game, or rolling with it plot-wise, or maybe NOT killing hre character in a BS manner. That would have been preferable. Good to know you fooled "them" later.

On the odd chance you aren't trolling, I think you went about it in a very bad way and if any players just leave the game over it, it would be justified. If you killed the character of a new player out of spite - and she had a good excuse not knowing whatever group dynamics or impersonal rules you rolled with, since she had recently joined - who is to say you wouldn't dick them over out of spite if they did something you did not like?
>>
Op is just recounting the plot of Gamers 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvH4PskPZ4M
>>
GO HOME DND GIRL
>>
Your fault.
>Anyway, after she joined the group has gone completely down hill in terms of RPing and has become completely centered around flattery towards the new player. Now, every member of the group that used to care about the story or plot just care about getting any sort of reaction from the girl.
The players, except for her, are at fault.
>Case in point, people are discussing what to do next and she suggests something completely stupid and completely off the plot rails with no reasoning behind it. Everyone rallies and fellates her non existent dick forcing the story in a completely stupid direction.
She's new. Everyone's fault but her's. Haven't you heard of house rules before? God.
>Not only this but idle chit chat and other off-topic chatter has increased massively. It used to be straight into the story but now it involves wasted minutes discussing what fucking food she ate at lunch and everyone around her trying to impress or respond to her.
Ditto. You should require the players to enter the session with at least 3 bucks in quarters that they are prepared to lose. 50 cents towards the pizza fund, whenever someone breaks (fits of giggling and laughter may or may not count as offenses).
>I finally got fucking tired of it and killed her character off through a completely inescapable DM trap. After killing her character, I simply said she will not be able to continue in this adventure but should apply for a CHANCE to join the next game I run.
Doesn't sound like you really gave the new player a fair shake. Are you usually so aloof and belligerent?
>>
>>46464450
You have to understand the delicacy of the situation. I chose to handle it in a complete and quick way that led to my desired outcome. I do not believe any "talkings to" would have worked with the same chance as my method.
>>
>>46464648
you think you have control, but doing what you did just lost you all control. people are not as stupid as you seem to think they are.

have you talked to your players since? they're going to be spiteful next game.
>>
>>46464648
>You have to understand the delicacy of the situation
ironic statement of the year
>>
>>46464712
Of course, but they have the expectation of playing with her again someday.
>>
>>46464648
>>46464773
>You have to understand the delicacy of the situation.
>He said after taking a sledge hammer to it.
You're not irreplaceable, and it kinda sounds like you killed off the only thing they liked about your campaign.
>>
>>46464773

B8.
>>
>>46464866
Game Theory.

Assuming I try to handle in a social manner that allows for dissent? End results are not as favorable as taking a check mate from the very start.

Would it have been more honorable? Sure.
Would it have led to the same favorable situation for me? Probably not.
>>
File: mfw oh you're totally right.gif (754 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
mfw oh you're totally right.gif
754 KB, 500x273
>>46464914
>Game Theory.
you can't just say "game theory" to explain why you made a choice which is not optimal within a game theory framework.

they're already talking about dethroning you. you've used the DM screen for evil. you're supposed to encourage exactly what that player did, but you fucked up.

apologize or you will lose real friends.

you're also stupid. you also missed a major part of their conversation because of your autism.
>>
>>46464978
Pathetic.
>>
>>46465045 (You)
:^)
>>
>>46464914
>Game Theory
Don't use that word like you know what it is.

>Assuming I try to handle in a social manner that allows for dissent? End results are not as favorable as taking a check mate from the very start.
You didn't take a checkmate though. You only have control over the game to the extent where people are willing to put up with your shit over finding a new table.
Frankly, I'd be surprised if your game even continued past this point. Don't be surprised, if you have a few people calling in sick next session.
>>
an autistic dm and a bunch of beta orbiters. Sounds like the worst end game ever, bet she's glad to be rid of it
>>
>>46465497
I hope.
>>
File: Cleef.gif (56 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
Cleef.gif
56 KB, 350x200
>>46463943
>>
>>46463356
Fuck her and cuck your friends
>>
>>46466291
guarantee OP has less of a chance with her than I do, and I don't even know who she is.
>>
>>46466306
>>46466291

It isn't possible to fuck something that doesn't exist anyway.
>>
>>46466360
But vaginas trigger me therefore it was real in my mind and that's all that matters.
>>
>>46463600

underrated post
>>
>>46463356

So you finally learned what a vagina is?
>>
>>46466562
The world would be a better place if people had to earn their vaginas.
>>
>>46464190
Didn't care for that movie
>>46464648
>>46464914
We actually had a GM who acted like this once. Once.
>>
>>46463525
I came here to make this point, though not with those words.

However, your supposed response was also pretty stupid.
If your players would be worth keeping, then they would understand if you start reigning them in when they're doing what they aren't supposed to be.
>>
>>46466917
just stop
>>
File: Lolwut Har.jpg (175 KB, 563x606) Image search: [Google]
Lolwut Har.jpg
175 KB, 563x606
>>46467593
Why?
If you don't like what I said, specify why.
If you're accusing me of samefagging a point you disagree with, you're mistaken.
If you wanted the thread to die, you would have just left a half-hour old comment alone.
>>
bump ;^)
>>
File: be white.jpg (89 KB, 634x1049) Image search: [Google]
be white.jpg
89 KB, 634x1049
>>46468691
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.