[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that there's an unfinished RPG, Worm is official /tg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 1149x696) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 1149x696
Now that there's an unfinished RPG, Worm is official /tg/
>>
>>46455713
There's been an unfinished RPG for a long time. Weaver Dice has been around for several years, now.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 600x685) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 600x685
>>46455713
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17WIAhETdtVGSKzFuDYOT2_6U_MMXmTGyzCziYhCwozo/mobilebasic?pref=2&pli=1
>>
>>46455713
Doesn't make it any less bloated. It's pretty obvious that the writer had no idea where they were going with the plot.

Plus, trying for a more realistic take on superheroes and still having them dress up in costume and fight crime... it doesn't work.

Still, it has some neat ideas and the characterization is decent.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 635x785) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 635x785
>>46455749
It's a serialized narrative, like the old radio dramas. If someone stops reading for four months, it's able to be picked up again relatively easily
>>
>>46455713
I just began a homebrew RPG based on current global politics and societal beliefs, including those of fringe.

/pol/ is now official /tg/
>>
>>46455749
There's actually a good fanfic of it called Centograph that moves quicker if that's your cup of tea. Same quality of writing.
>>
>>46455864
Post a pdf! The mechanics of combatting organizations is pretty complex, I'd love to see a system which you've come up with
>>
>>46455749
The entirety of Worm is currently at the first draft stage. The author put it out twice/thrice weekly for over 2 1/2 years (without missing a single update), so while there are problems with it, the editing process he's putting it through should clear them up a bit.

My biggest problem wasn't the end result; it was that it started off as a fantastic street level story, but the transition onto the larger stage in time for the End of the World arc was rushed and did nothing particularly interesting with the new secondary characters. We spent 21 arcs getting to know the Undersiders, then they got tossed out the window. Then we spent, what, 7 arcs on being a Ward and preparing everyone and 3 arcs on Scion. It was too abrupt a shift. The Slaughterhouse 9 weren't very scary, either, compared to when they first showed up.
>>
>>46455713

Can I say - I've read the Weaver Dice logs for Lausanne, run by Wildbow himself, and they're great. They're usually very tense, and exceptionally lethal. I'm not so sure about Weaver Dice as a game, but the writer is pretty good at running campaigns.

Even the PRT Quest he ran was quite interesting, but it was stymied by players who refused to do anything but take 'soft options' and turtle. In fact, I'd say that it inspired a lot of the philosophy I rely on in my RPG campaigns and Quests.
>>
>>46455713
Still sucks
>>
>>46455906
YMMV, many dislike it. The Memorials trilogy, however, is universally lauded.
>>
>>46455906
>>46456902
Cenotaph, Wake, Legacy. A companion piece to Worm referred to as the Memorials trilogy. It's basically THE companion piece to Worm, and absolutely adored by fans.
>>
File: 1430992067696.png (332 KB, 550x891) Image search: [Google]
1430992067696.png
332 KB, 550x891
>>46457031
>>46456902
>>46455906
Shit, my bad, I confused Cenotaph for Copacetic.

Yes, Memorials is great.
>>
I said it in the last thread about this and I'll say it again: the RPG (and Wildbows Lausanne logs, and PRT quest) have great concepts and ideas, but I'd rather take those ideas to a different, established system.

Basing power upon origin stories (trigger events or vials) with (preferably random) side effects is a neat way to reflect how parahumans never really get to choose their power (and the circumstances surrounding its acquisition in case of trigger events) in-setting.

I also like that your power can never be improved barring exceptional circumstances and GM fiat. It's a nice refreshing pace from magic systems where you can get a new power every session or two, or a bunch at once.

Most of the pros are tied to the setting instead of the system.
>>
>>46456034
Patriarchy expansion when?
>>
What the hell is Worm?
>>
>>46458280
look it up Scotty, look it up!
>>
>>46458280
Worm is a web serial about a somewhat realistic take on a modern day wold with superpowers. Heroes, villains, human error, and the end of the world.
>>
>>46458280

Here: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/category/stories-arcs-1-10/arc-1-gestation/1-01/

Be warned: it clocks in at 1.6M words, or approximately (the first five books of) A Song of Ice and Fire.
>>
>>46458391
Yeah s/he might want to wait for the polished and edited version. That's still a thing right?
>>
>>46457246
I'm running a supervillain game on Tuesday, and I'm running it in ffg's edge of empire because I love the way the dice system works. the Obligations fit pretty well for the street level game. I'm changing "astrogation" to "navigation," which seems to work pretty well.

Super abilities add one or more Yellow die to any check.

The only thing I'm worried about is powers. I feel like I should have them design their characters, then write up specifics for their powers mechanics. Being unbalanced is part of Worm team dynamics (grue and rachel are on different scales of power in the early chapters, but they make it work)
>>
>>46458521

Actually, it might be more fun if the player designs his trigger event, the rest of the table designs his power.
>>
>>46458760
I mean, designing the game mechanics for the power.
>>
File: CLEAR_AS_DAY.png (44 KB, 480x620) Image search: [Google]
CLEAR_AS_DAY.png
44 KB, 480x620
>>46455713
So is My Little Pony. Seriously, look it up. There's an official tabletop RPG. There's been an official card game for a while. That doesn't mean you're allowed to discuss My Little Pony the TV show in a traditional games board.
If you aren't discussing the traditional game adaptation specifically, it's off topic.
>>
>>46458780

Roll for it. d100, the higher the number, the better the power.

Note that even 'weak' powers can be great. "My weapons curve to hit the opponent" is not as dramatic as "Every thirty seconds, I bounce back from all damage" but the former is arguably more useful.

From Wildbow's logs, we've seen powers like:

1.) A matter-destroying curse that causes objects to explode like hand-grenades. Player also had enhanced spatial perception, allowing him to dodge better. He could also teleport if he stood still and concentrated for twenty to thirty seconds. (Dead in the first session.)

2.) Guy could enter a Breaker state where he took on an energy form, with his skin orbiting him. In this state he was completely invincible, and had super-strength. The problem was that every few rounds, one of his stats would drop by 1 point. He needed a day to recover each point. (Lungshot and maimed in the first session.)

3.) Boy could create 'abrasion treadmills', that moved things rapidly in one direction while shredding and abrading them. His power shut down all Shaker abilities. (Dead in the first session.)

4.) Cauldron cape, badly and hideously mutated with exposed internal organs and a massive chest-mouth cavity. Tinker powers, with acid and armor focus. (Survived session, managed to make himself a suit of armor.)

There's a lot of variety out there.
>>
>>46458954
>>46455864
This. I can't believe you idiots still haven't grasped this. /tg/ is for traditional games. Either post traditional games or find another board.
>>
>>46458954
>If you aren't discussing the traditional game adaptation specifically, it's off topic.
In MLP's case even when you are it's considered a no-no.

I'd trade Quests and CYOAs for MLPRPG and MLPCCG threads any day though. At least then the threads I keep hiding would at least be traditional games.
>>
>but quest threads are allowed
Quests are games. This is not a quest thread.
>>
>>46458954
The posts directly above and under yours are discussing the traditional game adaptations specifically. Also, you're a lawful neutral killjoy.
>>
What the fuck is "Worm"?
>>
>>46458443
Yes. Though I don't know how fast that is coming.
The author is writing Twig at the moment, and planning to write Worm 2 after that.

>>46458780
Do you need to aim them? Exotic weapon skill.
Do you need to control things? Roll for multitasking or something.
Does it do damage? Compare it to weapon stats.

If you make them create a concept for the power, you assign stats. Consider even concealing some of those stats until they experiment and test their powers.
>>
>>46459170
See >>46458363 >>46458391
It also has a WIP RPG system being made for it, called Weaver Dice.
>>
So who was the best Undersider?
>>
>>46459217
>self-published muh realism capeshit
Yeah, I don't know about that.
>>
>>46459143
It's a discussion of a traditional game
>>
>>46459143
>>46459081
So what I am getting about this is we should also flood DnD and Warhammer lore threads and throw a hissy fit until they stop, right? Because if it's not about the mechanics of a traditional game, it's totally not a traditional game. We should take lore threads to /lit/, right?
>>
>>46459165
>Also, you're a lawful neutral killjoy.
That's the best alignment. Chaos is bias.
>Two people have unquestionably committed the exact same crime in the exact same way in the exact same circumstances.
>I'll punish one while rewarding and encouraging the other because I'm in charge and I said so.
>My enforcement of laws doesn't have to make sense and no one is allowed to ask why.
>>
>>46459366
>DnD and Warhammer lore
Those properties began as traditional games. The games were made first. Why don't you understand the difference?
>>
>>46459457
Yeah. That's why We tell those idiots in /swg/ to fuck off to /tv/
>>
>>46459502
You can theoretically, in the infinite realm of possibility, make a traditional game about literally every topic imaginable.
Either literally everything is traditional games, or only traditional games are traditional games. Those are the only logical options.
>>
>>46459623
False dichotomy is such a great tool for trolling isn't it?
>>
Girls, please, you're all hideous.

That said.... Ideas on powers? I can't help but think of a tinker triggered by Mannequin coming into his life and ruining his day. Resolving to be everything he's not.
>>
>>46459502
The anons in /swg/ are specifically and explicitly discussing traditional games, not just lore. I checked.
>>46455101
>>46455268
>>46456143
>>46456532
>>46457891
>>46458986
>>46459192
>>46459260
>>46459430
>>46459661
If it was 300 posts purely about movies with one post saying "a game exists somewhere", it would be off topic.
>>
Does anyone even want to discuss Worm?
>>
>>46459729
I do.
>>
>>46459729
>>46459685
I would. Let's go on this fine anon's subject. The way powers work in this setting are fascinating. They can be influenced by your parents, by other parahumans you might cross path with, your exact thoughts on the exact situation of your trigger, it's all fascinating. In example, I read a theory that said Taylor acquired Queen Administrator because her father was a 'leader of men', IE the head of the dock worker's union. There's also the super obvious example of the second generation capes in New Wave, especially Shielder and Laser Dream.
>>
>>46459729
Worm's universe (pre-everything going to shit) is the cape setting that I most want to play in. But it will never happen because I live in a country where no one has read it.

I guess I could join a group online though...
>>
>>46459860
So basically it means power are always thematically fitting?
>>
>>46459907
Sort of. There's a thousand things that can effect it. In example, yes, Taylor acquired Queen Administrator by her link to her father (in the theory I mentioned), but it could have expressed in a hundred thousand different ways, as shown by the many, many fanfics. Queen Administrator could have been a Master, a Trump, a Shaker, many things, as long as it involved 'administration'. It became 'bug control' because the bugs crawling in the locker where Taylor triggered were the one thing she couldn't stop focusing on. It could have also turned into a biology control from the biohazard in the locker, or blood control, or it could have become telekinesis or even reality warping if escape had been more on her mind than the shock and horror of the situation, or it could have pinged off the nearby parahuman and became a power copying Trump.
>>
>>46459907
Yes, even if ironically. Lisa didn't notice that her brother was suicidally depressed, so she got a power that let her notice these things. But the power doesn't help her actually help such people.
>>
>>46459895
Just GM it and don't tell people where it's from.
>>
>>46460056
You are a smart man anon. I might do that. Now I only have to find a group willing to play it and learn how to GM.
>>
>>46460098
Use some other system, like GURPS or Fate or EotE or something.
>>
>>46459999
This makes me wonder if Triggers are a somewhat common thing with Endbringer attacks. Think about it, Leviathan throws a tidal wave at you so do hard it can break your bones. You're underwater, you can't breathe, the heroes can't do shit to him.

If it all added up before you died, it could do it easily.
>>
>>46460219
They do. Not just with the attack itself, but with the consequences. Remember Brockton Bay after Leviathan? A miserable hive of scum and villainy. That kind of dangerous environment fosters triggers. That's one of the reasons the PRT didn't send help immediately.
>>
>>46460273
This makes me want to run a game set in a city where The Simurgh attacks, and quarantine breaks down. Could have the players be capes sent in to keep shit contained as possible without launching a nuke.
>>
>>46460219

It's funny that at the end of the story, people are outright being offered powers and a few turn it down. This is when it becomes clear that having powers is like having a gun and bullets in the post-apocalypse.

I mean, it's like - Are you fucking kidding me, nigga? Give me that vial, let's get superhuman!
>>
>>46460468
Would everything always end up badly because of her influence?
>>
>>46460525
More or less, but it'd be clear that it could've gotten worse. Making the best of a terrible situation.
>>
>>46460473
That shit messes with your mind. And the vials can cause you to die instantly, or become a mutant, or go insane.
>>
>>46459685
Meta-Power Thinker. Instinctively understand other peoples' powers and how to best use them.

Path to Defeat: Like Path to Victory, but instead it tells you how what to do in order to fuck yourself over. Obviously, you use it to do something else.

Animorph-Style Change: Can analyze DNA at a touch, and transform into creatures whose DNA you've stored.

Tinker Specialty: Improvement. You can't make anything original, but you can make a better mousetrap - or plasma cannon, if someone lets you play with one.

There's a couple of Worm CYOAs that have some good powers to them, although most are cosmic level rather than street level.
>>
>>46459685
Reddit has a bunch of threads for these.
>>
>>46460880
I like all of those but especially
>Path to Defeat
>>
>>46460952
>>46460880
Actually, Path to Defeat would be legit and even fit the general power level of the setting, if it were Path to Someone Else's Defeat.
>>
>>46460922
You got a link? I really don't know how to use Reddit.
>>
>>46459366
>DnD and Warhammer lore threads and throw a hissy fit until they stop, right?

Considering both those franchises are cancer, yes
>>
>>46455713
Let me check let me check...
No; we still don't give a fuck.
>>
File: 1446058604344.jpg (344 KB, 709x756) Image search: [Google]
1446058604344.jpg
344 KB, 709x756
>>46461105
https://www.reddit.com/r/Parahumans for general threads.

For figuring powerful ways to use weak powers in: https://www.reddit.com/r/Parahumans/search?q=power+abuse&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all

For actual ideas: https://www.reddit.com/r/Parahumans/search?q=power+creation&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all

>>46461274
>we
>>
>>46461307
>Click on Reddit stuff
>All these menus

Fuck me how these people function?
>>
>>46461370
It isn't the most simple or intuitive of websites, true.
>>
>>46460651
Cauldron powers don't mess with your mind. Mutation is the most of your worries when using a Cauldron Vial.
>>
File: 9000 hours in ms paint.png.jpg (51 KB, 807x537) Image search: [Google]
9000 hours in ms paint.png.jpg
51 KB, 807x537
>>46455713
>>
>>46459685
I ran a short-lived quest on anonkun for a while that was somewhat influenced by Worm power style-wise. The protagonists were all pretty heavily themed.

There were:

>Owl
A guy with drastically reduced weight. He could fall really far without hurting himself, leap unnaturally high under his normal strength and other stuff like that. He also had perfect darkvision and highly enhanced hearing, but was made colorblind by his power. He also didn't need to and in fact couldn't sleep, and occasionally suffered from traumatic hallucinations that replaced his ability to dream.

>Wander
He had two powers. First, he could walk on any surface as though gravity pulled him perpendicular to it and it was firm enough to support his weight. So he could stroll up walls, across ceilings, over still water, across a concealed pit trap, that kind opf thing. He also had a power where his face was just unrecognizable. It hadn't changed at all, but people just could not look at him on purpose, and if they saw him, it just would not register as a face that they had seen before. However, his power had fucked up his brain, and he couldn't recognize other people's faces either, having to rely on voice and other cues.

>Architect
He could summon buildings that he was intimately familiar with.These structures would temporarily replace anything that they would occupy the same spaces as, so you could, for example, get through a wall by creating a structure that would go through it, moving through your own structure to where you would be past the wall, and then dismissing the structure. It took constant effort to maintain a structure, and the bigger the structure was the more dangerous it would be, since any parts of it that Architect was not directly supervising had a chance of warping into alien geometries and consuming people. He mostly stuck to one-room structures for that reason.

Con't
>>
>>46455713
Weaver Dice provides great background info for powers and how they Work, but Wild Talents is your best bet for a superhero game with customized powers.
>>
>>46461588
Con't

>Dollface
A cyborg inventor, heavily injured by fire and an eruption of caustic gasses. She replaced most of her body with prosthetics. Brilliant and able to design a bunch of crazy stuff, but also bugfuck crazy from a combination of her extra-traumatic origin and her power taking up too much of her brain with technical knowhow.

>Orpheus
The only one I never fleshed out satisfactorily. Inspired by Canary from Worm and then not properly differentiated. Part of the reason I stopped running was lingering dissatisfaction with the way I had mishandled her.

They were the only remaining members of a theatre company that was destroyed in the earthquake that was the origin event for supers in the setting, so they were all kind of silly. I particularly like Wander, the old publicist, getting the surviving actors to show him how to overemote to get his mood across, since no one could see his face anymore.
>>
>>46461307
Reddit please fuck off to your containment site.
>>
>>46461552
And said mutation can make you go insane.
>>
>>46459685
I just ran a first session for my group this week, by dint of a bit of randomised power generation we ended up with the following.

>Dozer
Generates an energy draining miasma that slows moving objects, smothers fires and fatigues living beings. So far she's figured out she can use it to survive jumping off a building and to turn a hail of bullets from lethal hazard to painful inconvenience.

>Audience
Manipulates sound. Primarily silencing himself to sneak around, creating a channel of loudness to overhear distant conversations and inducing pain and disorientation when someone was stupid enough to wave a gun around at someone who'd just demonstrated they could make a footstep sound like a bomb going off.

>Joyride
A line of sight teleporter who passes his emotional state onto anyone he drags along for the ride, upper mass limit equal to what he can lift.

>Turncoat
A Striker/Master who's touch ability causes his targets to trade places with what is essentially a clay golem under his command until such time as the golem is destroyed. The target remains unharmed while switched out and re-appears in the space last occupied by the golem making them an excellent option for evacuating civilians from a dangerous situation.

>Vigilant
The self limited pre-cog who views multiple future selves to determine her best course of action. She is currently busy defusing bombs by having various future selves try everything she can think of until a course of action that doesn't involve blowing up arrives.
>>
>>46458954
you are literally trying to kill one of the best things about this board. The breadth of topics. We can relate anything to traditional games. This is the only Board with discussions worth a damn because of it. not even /his/ discusses history as well as /tg/. Stop trying to kill /tg/
>>
>>46465581
Agreed.
>>
Who is best husbando?
>>
Coil did nothing wrong.
>>
>>46466252
It's pretty hard to do things wrong when you can erase a fuck up.
>>
>>46466143
Accord. The more neurosis and bullshit and baggage you have, the better he's going to be as a husbando.
>>
>>46459685
My favorite power was the one given to Taylor in Phobophobia. Shame the author dropped it.
>>
>>46466398
and... what was it?
>>
>>46459685
I started brainstorming a whole bunch one day for funsies. Some of my favorites are:

Size Adjustment: User can increase or decrease the size of of inanimate objects within a certain radius around them. Objects affected becoming stronger or weaker proportionally to how much bigger or smaller they get.

Organic Matter Condenser: User can condense and compress any organic material that touches their body within three feet of the point of contact. They can then release the compressed matter at an obscene force.

Domination Microbe: A potent Waterborne Virus lives within the Users bloodstream. Anyone else that gets this Virus within their body begins to loose access to the higher functions of their brain, eventually becoming zombified slaves beholden to the Users command.
>>
>>46466442
IIRC, Taylor got bigger, faster, stronger whenever there were frightened people around her. She literally got power from their fear.
>>
>>46466484
What was nice about it was that the author made it real creep about how Taylor was starting to depend in others fear to feel good.
>>
>>46466596
Talk about destined badguy powers.
>>
>>46466614
You could use it to be Batman though.
>>
>>46458280
Enjoy wasting all your free time for the next six months
>>
>>46466614
Yeah. Sometimes you gotta wonder about some peoples luck. But its brought up in Worm as theres more villains than heroes, and more naturally triggered villains than heroes, because to trigger you have to be in such a messed yo state if mind that you don't come out of it 100% all there. that or its your passengers fault
>>
>>46466744
Well, it's still not as bad as the xenomorph guy. Try to be a good guy with THAT powerset.
>>
>>46466766
Crawler? Could've pulled a Lung and fought the endbringers. Now Echidna's power is something that could only be used for evil.
>>
File: Remove Spacebattles.jpg (180 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Remove Spacebattles.jpg
180 KB, 600x600
>>46461575
>>
>>46466889
Oh shut it you perfectly good waste of fetal tissue samples.
>>
>>46466841
>Could've pulled a Lung and fought the endbringers

How? His power seems literally useless against them, short of converting people into more of his creeps and rushing the endbringers with them.
>>
Hey, where can I go for more Worm based/street level games?

I have a few characters in my head that I would love to play.
>>
>>46466841
You're now imagining the Triumvirate joining the Slaughterhouse Nine.

What members would be worth having on the hero side, except for Jack?
>>
>>46467095
Siberian might have done something vs. endbringers.
Bonesaw could cure retarded levels of disease.
Mannequin WAS a hero, and one of the hopes for the future, before he got ziz'd for being too helpful to humanity.
>>
>>46467095
Only Siberia and Mannequin.

Their tragic downfalls are hard to come back from but they were already doing good for good people.
>>
>>46467085
Oh, that's not crawler. Crawlers the one whose impossible to kill (keeps evolving).
>>
>>46467157
what was ziz's plan? just to "make it to the endgame?" give khepri the weapons she needed to win?
>>
>>46467085

Ah, you mean Nilbog.
>>
>>46467208
Wasn't the deal with the endbringers that they were supposed to be eidolons worthy adversaries?
>>
>>46467215
nah, he's talking breed
>>
>>46467195
Oh! Right then.

Yeah, Crawler, especially f he got hit with some tech to intentionally evolve him would have reached useful levels.

>>46467215
No, I mean the guy who could make xenomorphs he could control that would bury themselves inside people.
>>
>>46467269
right, but the simurgh clearly had an overarching plan of some sort.

prevented Amy Dalton from getting in contact with her sister, for example. made the travellers.
>>
>>46467304
She's probably programmed to give Eidolonmore enemies that'll trouble him. Stuff that can get him pumped.

Echidna and Mannequin both could do that, if the latter had prep time.
>>
>>46467304
Pretty sure she did the whole travellers and Amy thing so Echidna would go on rampage.
>>
So pre scion freakout, what do y'all think the power rankings for capes are?
>>
>>46467304
Her overarching plan was to create Khepri in order to kill Zion. That's why Taylor survived despite all the situations she got into. She had 2, later 3, precogs manipulating everything around her.
>>
>>46458954

Really? I thought it was for yelling about spics, sand niggers, jews, and bitching about women. I mean, that's all that really happens anymore since I guess the global rules against keeping /pol/ in /pol/ doesn't seem to apply.
>>
>>46468131
Manton and his Stand 「Trans-Siberian Orchestra」 is obviously top dog.
>>
>>46468361
I can imagine Echidna was an early attempt. Think about it, one of those Taylor clones could've gone full on Khepri and used a Grue clone to surf around, gathering capes.
>>
>>46466143
Colin
>>
>>46468456
I was fully expecting to hate Colin through and through.
>>
>>46468407
>Trans-Siberian Orchestra
You motherfucker. I love it.
>>
>>46458954
Thing about MLP is there is a specific rule saying that you CAN NOT talk about it outside of /mlp/.
>>
>>46466143
>>46468456
Yeah, it's actually Colin. His character arc is fantastic.
>>
>>46459273
Well memed, lad.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 640x1136
>>46462977
I had to generate local capes NPCs so I used my tarot deck

>lady portal
>mover 6, striker 9
Can open portal two portals, one within touch range and one within sight, including cameras. Makes operating in the Manchester area dangerous, because the PRT can be anywhere there's a camera within a few minutes. To the public, she doesn't have any other offensive abilities so she has a taser gun and flash bang grenades, as well as a jet pack. Very well known and popular in the New Hampshire area. Leader of the Manchester PRT.

However, Whenever she uses the portal she sees the worm. Her portal creation bypasses the Manton effect.

Has a jet pack, drones, and a camera feed in her helmet. Her suit is heavy and blue.
>electric Galahad brute 5 blaster 2 striker 2 mover 5
With enough strength to lift a car, heavy armor and an elegant sword, electric Galahad is a local rock musician who manifested his powers at a show when someone threw a bottle at his head. He is a cauldron cape. When injured, electric Galahad turns into a bolt of lightningand moves either with the bolt or with the sound wave. the longer he not in physical form, the more strain damage he takes, limiting his movement to a few miles away.

This has a cascade effect, because electric Galahad is a part of the nemisis program. If he takes more than half his strain, he has to spend his action every round turning into a lightning bolt. He knows this, and will retreat from fights rather than risk strain damage.

>Specter breaker 4 stranger 3 trump 3
Wears a bright costume because of PRT suggestions, and can fly. Can turn invisible and incorporeal. At a touch, she can take one power from someone for one minute. If she were to target electric Galahad, she could take his transportation or his strength. She can hold onto the power longer, but it starts acting out of control. While she holds the power, she can't activate any of her own powers. limited possession? Doubts Lady Portal.
>>
Taylor was the worst main character. She is a massive fun killer and always wins. I stopped reading at Arc 12 or something. After that retarded scene where she planned to confront the Nine again near Cherish. Alone.

Also the Undersides had some thick plot armor up until I quit. Fuck Taylor.
>>
I really wish they had done something more with Saint and his feud with Dragon. That whole side conflict felt like it should have been important but in the end fell flat, especially the part where he finally ends up killing her, supposedly giving the world a better chance at defeating the Man of Gold, but really nobody really knew about it or cared besides Saint himself. That and the fact you don't WHY Dragon's death caused the probability of the heroes' somehow stopping the end of the world to suddenly jump up a few percentage points.
>>
>>46472366
Dragon would've taken khepri's role
>>
File: armsmaster.jpg (17 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
armsmaster.jpg
17 KB, 320x320
>>46468456
colin and dragon 4 lyfe
>>
>>46466143
Legend, Chevy are both good too.
>>
Worm's pretty good, especially given the author was quite young when he wrote it and he followed a pretty strict release schedule.

But it probably started falling apart once he brought in the Endbringers and tried to do a big scale story. He obviously had an idea of who the big bad was going to be from the very start, but alas, lacked the skill at the time to pull it off. I mean, even the territory thing was super tough to take seriously.

Hopefully we'll see better stuff as he matures as an author. His street level stuff's great and he's got some really creative ideas.
>>
>>46475493
Pact is generally considered to be worse, but Twig is arguably better.

Maybe the editing will do wonders for Worm, but I doubt it. It needs a full rewrite IMO.
>>
>>46475493
>we'll see better stuff as he matures as an author
I tried reading Pact and Twig. Neither seem very good.
>>
>>46475522
>>46475530
I heard about them, what are they about? I think Pact is some sort of magic thing? I also heard that Pact's pacing is painfully slow, which is why I never really felt like getting into it.
>>
>>46475580
Pact is about magic and the cost of power. It has pacing problems, the latter half is constant, relentless escalation. At least, that's what I've heard, I'm not planning on reading it.

Twig is about creepy mad scientist-style biotech. It's not finished yet, I'll read it when it is.
>>
I spat milk all over the miniatures I was painting, you fuck.
>>
>>46475493
Yeah, it feels like the biggest problem with Worm is that the first half of the story is the most interesting, but in the grand scheme of things is completely irrelevant. Nothing the main characters do during that period actually makes any real difference when we get down to the cosmic horror scale; it's all "well, gotta wrap up the story, let's give the MC a brand new power so I can write myself out of this hole."
>>
How do you imagine all the characters looking?
Because I can't picture Armsmaster without seeing Judge Dredd.
>>
>>46476588
Skitter is Spiderwoman with a black outfit.

Jack is basically the Mark Hamil Joker with a goatee and worse taste in clothes.

I agree on Armsmaster, except that he has a beard.

I picture Dragon as a humanized version of Shodan.

Contessa looks exactly like Ms. Smith from Monster Musume.
>>
>>46458280
shitty fanfic web novel, well it is yankee light novel
>>
>>46476806
>fanfic
I don't think you know what that word means, anon.
>>
>>46476588
Armsmaster is robocop in blue while defiant is more spacemarine without pauldrons
Jack slash is johnny depp
Skitter is 6 feet tall, and in insect themed rating fully covering, bulky, rating IV bodyarmor and looks like a man outside of slight differences in walk cycles, hips, and hair while in armor
Number man is 5 foot six with glasses, and looks like an old school bank clerk
>>
>>46475580
I'm almost finished Pact. I identified with the protagonist more. I don't think it was "slow" as much as it was "paced with an actual arc." Worm is all over the place in the early chapters, right off the bat there's the fight with lung, then There's no fights for two whole arcs.

>>46475605
He's doing worm 2 after twig, you should consider keeping up
>>
>>46455713
>liking Tumblr Jojo

t. Spacebattles
>>
>>46476588
I tend to think of Imp as little, despite her being not so little. Guess I empathize with Grue on the little sister front.

Can't not imagine Panacea in White Mage robes either.
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 1136x640
>>46479358
>>Amy dalton with the sleeves
>>
>>46479630
It's a forum full of people that think they are smarter than they actually are. I should know, I'm one of them.
>>
>>46479734
The only good thing I can say is that it inspired a career in military analysis f@m
>>
>>46478566
All I want is a couple of SOL stories about Taylors new life.
>>
>>46479915
I have a feeling that she's going to join up with the travelers, and another worm pair is going to hit earth alpha
>>
>>46479915
Fanfic is your best bet, then. Wildbow has said that her story is done, she won't be the focus , if she even appears.
>>46479974
Most people think she's dead, half of them would kill her on sight if they knew.

The entities hit all earths, they just focused on Bet.
>>
>>46480009
Nah, hit all earths at different times.
>>
>>46480050
Same deal. They are both dead, and so won't appear again.

The third one, Abbadon, might, but I hope not, we already had that story.
>>
>>46455749
I'll take isn't capable of understanding character, world and plot development outside of a pulp fantasy novel for $500 Jerry.
>>
>>46457246
dude, spoilers...

>>46458443
it's pretty long to wait for a fully edited second draft.

>>46458760
that would be both FUN for some people and AWFUL for others...

stolen idea from another game.
pass a notebook around each player in the circle adds a benefit till the notebook reaches the player, then it reverses direction and every player adds a drawback. all of that based on the backstory which gets forceably abridged for this specific part of char-gen,.

>>46458954
...but thats what we're doing, some fluff discussion is there, but this is about the game, now do either leave or contribute...

>>46458961
> (Dead in the first session.)
is there something I missed by only reading the story?

>>46459262
>undersiders...
Regent, secret power or not.
TWITCH FOR ME BITCH.

>capes in general
Golems dad...either him or Shatterbird

>>46459729
I spent several hours doing that IRL on saturday...

>>46459895
do that, and when you find a group, if they need an extra player post that shit up here cause I'd play the BALLS out of that game too...

>>46459907
to the person as a whole yes.

>>46459860
recall also panacea and the Marquis, and Golem and his father.
>>
>>46479915
I'd love for some Slice of Life regarding Marquis and Panacea. Supervillain dad alone sells it.
>>
I never got all the hype about worm, sure its a good book with a great concept behind it and pretty impressive world building, but it has flaws like every other book and definitely isn't the amazing end all be all of hero books.

Also worm does go into the fact that powers are a bitch to classify by source to the point where its just easier to classify what the end result is. Also now that I look back, Taylor was really a bit of an selfish arrogant ass, wasn't she.
>>
>>46480694
>definitely isn't the amazing end all be all of hero books.
here's the thing though. while individual spider man stories or whatever may be better than worm, they're still part of the larger marvel universe. so even when doctor octopus dies, he'll only be dead for two years or so.
>>
>>46480694
True facts, all.
It isn't incredible in a vacuum, but is great when compared to comic book storytelling. Which sucks balls.
>>
>>46480694
I completely agree with you. However, there were some glimmer of brilliance in it.

>Taylor was really a bit of an selfish arrogant ass, wasn't she.
Yes. For example, the one bit of brilliance is when she went apeshit at the end of the fight against Scion. The moment where she uses portals to cloak herself in portals only to LOOK the part was damn fucking amazing.
>>
>>46480811
>Spoiler

Did she? I just remember her going mad at that point and just focusing on the fight. The reason she cloaked herself in portals is to provide armor and to enlarge and step through them near instantly.
>>
>>46480868
Yeah, I'm pretty sure of that. The cloak was using portals living for milliseconds, just to look like a badass. Actually sent shivers down my spine when I read that.
>>
>>46480932
I must have completely missed that. It's been a few years since I read it, I wish the edit came faster so I can reread.

Women's fashion in Worm is awesome like that, see Narwhal.
>>
>>46480932
You know what sent shivers down my spine? When Contessa shot Taylor. You don't know how smug I felt when I read that. She may have saved the world but she was an insufferable cunt. I spent a good chunk of the story hoping for her to fuck up spectacularly.
>>
>>46481035
So how do you feel about the fact that she's still alive? >:P

She fucked up all the time, but it was always an "I win, but something terrible happens" kind of fuckup.
I would have liked for people to call her out on her shit, though.
>>
>>46481137
The one sour note to all that. I like to pretend the epilogue isn't canon.
>>
>>46481185
>>46481137

That's a different Taylor from a different reality.
>>
>>46481035
I dunno about smug, but I did feel that was a fitting end for her. I consider the "oh she's actually all right" as inexistent in my head canon. But I still think she was a good, properly written character. She made sense, is what I mean. From her failings to her victories, I think she was pretty well written. Even if she was an insufferable human being to know or whatever, I think she was a good character.
>>
>>46481137
I can't help but imagine Clockblocker as the leader of Worm's equivalent of Jackass.
>>
>>46481225
Nope. It's either a coma induced dream (still means she's alive) or her being healed somehow and exiled to another Earth together with her dad.

Wildbow's coy on which one, so it's up for interpretation.
>>
I'm going to point out that the systematic bullying wore away at Taylor's sense of self and joining the Undersides built her back up into a ruthless bitch. At the beginning of canon, she was just a suicidally depressed teenager. After the 9, she was well and truly Skitter.
>>
>>46459262
Not Tattletale. She's got an impressive power but she's SO STUPID.
>>
>>46481298
Yes, shes a product of nurture over nature. They created there own villain. Granted thats also partially because one of the big bullies of her was a victim of there own awakening also.
>>
>>46481338
Examples?
>>
Back to speaking from a /tg/ perspective, let's talk about running a game in the setting.

>Don't use Weaver Dice, use some other supers or universal system, preferably rules lite.

>Players should have little influence in what power they get beyond a vague preference and concept, to fit the setting's thematics better. Parahumans never truly choose, and many even resent their power.

>GMs should not hesitate to bring overwhelming firepower against them, whether or not their actions deserve it. Shit happens, out-of-town gangs may want to muscle in, etc. There should always be a reason, but said reason need not be known by the players or in their control.

>Consider making the players lose, even devastatingly. Scrambling to salvage your people, resources, territory and reputation can make for very interesting campaigns. This is hard to do right, though, and if you want to try, inform the players that losing is very much in the cards when you first start the campaign.

What do you guys think?

>>46481484
Don't know what the other anon means, but she has the terrible habit of thinking that just because you can figure out almost anything, you are intelligent, when decision making, risk evaluation and other aspects are also very important. She is sorely lacking in those, and sometimes refuses to notice their existance.
>>
>>46481484
Her entire exchange with Jack Slash.
>>
>>46481640
I agree with everything you've said.
>>
>>46481673
Oh man, I don't remember what she said, but i remember loving how little shits Jack gave before very swiftly getting her a Glasgow Smile.
>>
>>46481673
>>46481730

Speaking of Jack, his trigger event is pretty interesting. Basically, as a kid, his parents stucknhim inside a bunker and only communicated with him by phone. They would constantly tell him how awful the world outside was and how terrible human beings were to each other and generally made the world out to be a hellhole. This didn't cause him to trigger.

He triggered when he was let out and realized the world wasn't that bad a place.
>>
>>46481855
And decided to make it so.
>>
>>46481855
>tfw you realize Jack Slash is evil Kimmie Schmidt.
>>
>>46482027
...Can't unsee.
>>
>>46468407
>[a slow clapping sound]
a multi-layered thematic pun...I seldom see those done well...

>>46468456
can't disagree, and and that bugs me...

>>46468531
I sort of wanted Taylor to kick his ass a couple more times before the flip...just because it's always nice to see a bully get wrecked by a child...

>>46471978
you know the writer rolled dice to see who dies right?
the undersiders were not immune to this, neither was Skitter...

>>46472366
I suspect that those details were left open for exposition in the sequel that there is definitely an opening for

>>46473940
iknowrite?

>>46476220
mantons stand strikes again?

>>46476588
>>46476658
>Contessa looks exactly like Ms. Smith from Monster Musume.
goddammit...

>except that he has a beard.
and a palette shift in places, and a halberd, but yeah, me too...

>>46477513
>Skitter is 6 feet tall
I could have sworn she was described as physically very small...

>>46478566
>He's doing worm 2 after twig, you should consider keeping up
oh shit, so when should I start reading then? next year?

>>46479358
isn't her costume described as being a white buqua-like or hijab-like that covers most of her body?

>>46479915
>worm 2 starts with taylor showing up married with 2 children and a bitchin prosthetic.
I would read the hell out of the interlude...no idea why...

>>46480684
yup, totally...

>>46466143
clockblocker, most deff.

>>46481640
>RPG points
I think they be pretty good
I think for power determination they need to fill out a truncated Character backstory(with standardized forms to fill on parents, occupation, past trauma, trigger trauma) and the other players then decide on powers and drawbacks.

>>46481730
jack is a fantastic antagonist...
cause he read the badguy check-list
>>
>>46481640
so, what kind of system would we look at for this?
I have a near inexcusable boner for d6 pools, and if we chose those we can steal things from games like shadowrun for a base-building mechanic (shadowrun has HUGE amounts of details like cost and strength of reinforced walls as they apply to the system)

though, I should also say that I've never played a supers game of any flavor so I have no idea what runs that sort of thing, or how well...
>>
>>46482359
She's described as tall for her age. Which isn't saying much for a 15 year old girl.
>>
>>46466143
Legend. He's a Paladin through and through.
>>
>>46482413
Wild Talents seems like the most fitting. It allows you to make entirely custom powers.
>>
>>46482359
Read Copacetic mate. A bit wanky at times, but it's got a post Golden Morning Taylor.
>>
>>46482492
maybe she was just skinny?

>>46481640
BEHOLD, A POSSIBLE TOOL FOR YOUR THEORETICAL USE.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Swjz8BZZNE4bq6lTkHanTK4sJ-K_xVlFudxA16mYjH4/edit?pli=1#bookmark=id.4fn0zxhbynkn

>should be at or around page 32...

>>46482555
any drawbacks to the system and how it handles things?
>>
>>46482583
It uses d10 dice pools. The biggest drawback, I'd say, is that it takes quite a bit of learning. It's very weird.
>>
>>46482583
She was getting a paunch before she took up running but it's mentioned that her gangliness seriously contributed to making Skitter look disturbing.
>>
>>46482359
If it's as long as pact, It's about 2/3rds done. If it's as long as worm....
>>
>>46482527
And he's gay as a lightning bolt
>>
>>46482686
is there anything even remotely wrong with that?
I thought it made a good character detail...

>>46482651
>it's mentioned that her gangliness seriously contributed to making Skitter look disturbing.
plus her distinctive method of moving through combat. people expect you to LOOK at things when you react to them, not simply move without normal human observation...

>>46482620
if it means that one day I may play a supers game set in the world of Earth-Bet then I may well put up with it.

>d10 pool
okay, so, any similarities to Chronicle of Darkness?
>>
>>46482582
YMMV on Copacetic. Personally, it had promise, but the author's decisions on where to take the story ruined it for me.
>>
>>46482770
Never played Chronicle of Darkness. I suggest just grabbing the PDF from somewhere online and taking a gander.
>>
>>46482770
>is there anything even remotely wrong with that?
>I thought it made a good character detail...
Nothing wrong with that if you're a guy who wants a husbando. Not going to work if you're a gal.
>>
>>46455713
by that logic, ur mom has been officially /tg/ since the dawn of man
>>
>>46483982
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>46482492
She was mentioned to be 5 foot 10 by the end, but I always saw her as 6 feet
>>
>>46483903
JUST IMAGINE for a girl to have Legend and his husbando as her big gay friends

I'd probably read that fic too if the MC wasn't a whiny bitch...

>>46484445
thats reasonably tall for a 15 year old...I was 4' 11" at that age...it fucking blew...except the tits were all at face level then...
>>
here is the main weaver dice document, it contains all the IRC games, including thwo where J.C. McCrae himself was DM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jFhVF4zx-QJ_53IytSksfcSaWGs14T4TzwLJ98srwoo/edit
>>
>>46484490
She was 18 at the time, she was shorter during the BB arc.
>>
>>46484496
>J.C. McCrae himself was DM
that happened?! was it any good?
>>
>When you keep comparing Blake to Taylor

And soon I'll have Twig and Cenotaph to lap up. My free time, all gone.
>>
>>46480763
>I have never read a comic book in my life
>>
File: vYqX3Y9[1].jpg (87 KB, 500x460) Image search: [Google]
vYqX3Y9[1].jpg
87 KB, 500x460
>>46484922
>>
>>46485021
>Writing has to be dark and gritty to be good
>>
>>46484922
I have seen /co/ storytimes. Generally they are shit. Obviously there are outliers, whether in the art or the story, but capeshit is called capeshit for a reason.
>>
>>46485147
Who the fuck mentioned that?
>>
Worm a mediocre.

Pact is great though
>>
>>46485021
Silver-Age Worm would be a treat.
>>
>>46485299
I read that fanfic
>>
>>46484871
I have a taste for medicore supromance/urban fantasy. I keep thinking about how much more hardcore Jacobs Bell is compared to the supernatural communities in most of those books
>>
File: MURDERFACE DISAPPROVES.jpg (10 KB, 250x222) Image search: [Google]
MURDERFACE DISAPPROVES.jpg
10 KB, 250x222
>>46485297
>>
>>46485507
Why don't you like stories where the protagonist doesn't win constantly anon?
>>
>>46485297
That is precisely the opposite of what most people say.
>>
>>46485536
Most people are precisely wrong
>>
File: shrug.jpg (62 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
62 KB, 612x380
>>46485704
>>
File: huuuge faggot.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
huuuge faggot.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>46485297
>>
>>46485393

Link?
>>
>>46485297
Both are mediocre but Worm has a far more interesting setting, mechanics and characters. Excluding Taylor.
>>
>>46485704
>Options are Subjective

If you respond to this, you're retarded or a troll.
>>
Taylor was a shit whiny cunt MC.
Shonen protagonists are more tolerable than how bad she got. Couldn't even finish the epilogues. As soon as scion died I stopped reading because I couldn't take any more of her bullshit.
>>
>>46489063
Mind backing up that assertion?

I don't disagree with you, I just want to hear your reasoning.
>>
>>46489216
I don't even remember what her character was like. All I remember is about half way though I started to want to skip all the chapters with her as the focus because her personality and actions.
For a precise reason why I would have to reread it, and there's no fucking way I'm going to do that.
>>
>>46455713
imported shi/tg/
>>
>All this hate for Taylor

When I was introduced to Worm, I was told that I'd either lover or hate the MC. Guess they were right.
>>
Wildbow is a pretty good author with some major flaws, I think. His main one is that he can't fucking stop escalating- there are no breathers, and the threats never stop going up in magnitude. He can worldbuild insanely well, though.
>>
>>46489599
This. He's made a great setting and has a lot of creative ideas but goddamn, he can barely tell a story. There's a reason why the Fanfiction is better than the actual thing.
>>
>>46489599
>His main one is that he can't fucking stop escalating
I can dig that, so long as the reactions to the escalation are believable, in worm he had rapid healers and even then characters got badly fatigued and showed it.
>>
>>46482359
>>Skitter is 6 feet tall
>I could have sworn she was described as physically very small...
Nah, she's described as 'slight' - which can be read as small but also as thin, which is probably how it was intended, seeing as she's a flat-chested, thin-limbed beanpole. The front half of Worm doesn't give her an actual height, the back half mentions that she's 5' 11" somewhere in it. Given that most girls are done growing by 15, it's a fair guess that she's that tall in the front half too.
>>
>>46489683
It's alright for a while, but after a while even the reader gets exhausted. You can only be on the edge of your seat for so long before your ass starts to hurt.
>>
>>46489726
I binge-read the whole thing in a week...
>>
>>46489726
I think it peaked around the early bits of the warlord arc. At that point, it actually seemed like we'd get a general breather, with more social conflict and the individual capes establishing their hold without getting into dragout fights every two sections. And then we got the fucking S9. It was all downhill from there, pacing wise.
>>
>>46489689

5'6" at the start of canon, via WoG. 5'9" at the end of arc 21, as per the story. Growth spurt mentioned several times prior. 5'11" at the end of canon, though I can't remember the source.
>>
>>46485527

The protagonists of all both Worm and Pact lost constantly. What are you even talking about?
>>
>>46481297
>It's either a coma induced dream (still means she's alive)

He literally said this on April Fools day, though. I don't think that says much in its favor.
>>
>>46489847
perhaps by "win" he means "not die"

>>46489908
...people can be serious on april fools day...
>>
I made a Trigger events thread on /tg/ a month or so ago

might make another one
>>
>>46490022
get anything good from it?
>>
>>46489931

If that's the case, then almost every character wins almost every fight, ever. I mean, it's not like I don't know where the idea of Taylor winning all her fights comes from. It's because the *team* she's on generally wins their fights. Which is only reasonable, after all, since for a good chunk of the serial they had Coil's support. But honestly, if you look at Taylor herself, and how she does in her fights, she doesn't even have a 50% win-rate.

First fight, Lung beats her, saved by Undersiders.
Second fight, Panacea beats her, saved by Tattletale.
Third fight, Bakuda nearly cripples her, though Taylor squeaks out a 'win'.
Fourth fight, Oni Lee kicks her ass, saved by Coil's mercs.
Fifth fight, Taylor beats Lung with assistance from Newter('sblood).
Sixth fight, Taylor manages to set up an escape, though is immediately caught again and subsequently saved by Coil's hired capes.
Seventh fight, Leviathan.

So that's arguably two and a half out of seven, and she had not one clear-cut win among them. After that, she pulls off a draw with Mannequin, loses hard to Burnscar, wins a team fight against the S9 (but loses Grue), loses hard to Bonesaw, manages to retreat versus Crawler, then gets dunked on by Jack.

The story continues like this. She does have some genuine wins, but a pretty huge proportion of her fights are losses.
>>
>>46489847
I was being disingenuous, since people keep saying that pact makes them exhausted because the blake never wins and keeps disintegration into smaller and smaller pieces(making them into bigger pussies than my mother, who read the entire thing through and loved the bitter-sweet ending), and people keep saying taylor is an immoral mary sue who never gets her comeuppance and should have rotted in hell.

I once, in my head, made a list of everything I wanted to see in a story, Pact fulfiled pretty much all of them and https://wildbow.wordpress.com/category/posts/snippets-samples/sample-boil-1/ covered the rest. S'sad bow never wrote it, but at least we saw a nastier less pacifistic Genevieve as an antagonist in the final product.
>>
>>46490051
it was a "post your real life triggers" type thing, where people would dump their issues and i'd run em through the "what would this be" chart

i have a list somewhere

people actually liked getting their baggage off their chest, i felt exploitative for using people's suffering as an OC farm but some anon said it was nice

it was like a feels thread where you get sooper powers
>>
>>46489812
5'6" is tall?
>>
>>46490107

For a 15 year old girl it's above average. 5'11" is fucking tall for a woman, though.
>>
>>46489812
Jesus. That is one late fucking growth spurt if she STILL wasn't done at 18.

I can't decide if Taylor's just fucked up or it's Wildbow assuming girls have the same growth pattern as boys.
>>
>>46490097
People on the unofficial worm forums argue that the Undersides as a whole are too successful, which I disagree with.
>>
>>46490136
Eh, she's an outlier. No big deal.
>>
>>46490136

She only grew 2" after her growth-spurt at 16, so she was likely done before hitting 18 at the end of the story.
>>
>>46490107
5' 6' is slightly above average for a teenage girl. 5' 8" or taller is definitely tall. 5' 11" is the low edge of freakishly tall for women.
>>
>>46490107
female average is 5'5' and way lower at 15
5'11' is like 6'4' in women terms.
>>
>>46490097
>saved by Coil's mercs.
just once I would have liked for that sniper to have just walked up and said hello...just once, it would have been a good moment...

>>46490103
sounds kinda cool, yes, do that again some time, perhaps I shall be there in time to read it...

>>46490107
during puberty it is.

>>46490136
late bloomers happen, I STARTED puberty at 17...and that shit was embarrassing...
>>
>>46490163
She's 15 at the start of the story, 16 after Leviathan. Once she's Weaver, she's 18 or close to because there's a 2 year timeskip. The very end of the story has her at 19 or older.
>>
>>46490171
>>46490179
>>46490202

Huh, my sense of scale must be fucked. I was 6'2" when I was 15.
>>
>>46490223

Nah, she's still 18 at the end of the story. Well, maybe not the epilogue, but she just turned 18 when the S9000 showed up, and it sure as shit wasn't a year from there to Gold Morning. More like a week or two.
>>
>>46490142
Well, yeah. They have a guy stacking the deck for them
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.