[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer Fantasy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: dwarves_miners_12_miniatures_01.jpg (204 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
dwarves_miners_12_miniatures_01.jpg
204 KB, 800x800
If all else fails dig a hole edition

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the /tg/ wiki)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: /vg/ for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Third party Miniature manufactures
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
http://unsupported-armies.blogspot.com/

Last thread: >>46411050
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytWz0qVvBZ0
>>
I asked before but didn't get a reply.

How big of a lore break is the fact that VC can ally Dwarves in W TW?

Any precedent of that in the fluff?
>>
>>46437694
Well Neferata did control the Silver Pinnacle. It is not unthinkable that she might have seduced/ensorcelled some low dwarf king nearby. She definitely had dwarf skeletons serving her.
>>
I was looking at starting up a mordheim band at my lgs. Possessed warband looked pretty fun, but I'm not sure what models would be a good fit to put this together. I like the look of the original cultists, but they seem a little pricey on ebay. Anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>46437694
Dwarves have reason to hate the lahmians pretty fucking thoroughly

The von carstiens, not sooo much. A political "hey we won't get in your shit if you don't get in ours and if green skins show up we might fight together even though you're fucking disgusting" might be reasonable.

They however wouldn't tolerate any serious aggression by the von carstiens against the empire considering their oath with the empire.
>>
>>46437694
http://youtu.be/W2xlcfmE6G0
There you go family
>>
File: img7731.jpg (65 KB, 500x342) Image search: [Google]
img7731.jpg
65 KB, 500x342
>>46437839
>>
>>46437839
>>46437871
Seconding the Frostgrave recommendation. They also have character models with that theme in their range in metal.
Heresy Miniatures also has some pretty good minis with that theme. Might not fit to Mordheim in terms of armament though.
>>
>>46437694
Dwarves would never ally themselves with the Vampires. Never. Necromancers are worse than Grobi.
>>
>>46437948
>Heresy Miniatures
Why do so many miniature companies have such disgusting barely navigable websites?
>>
>>46438003
sculptors can't webdesign. And generally speaking any creative profession is chronically underpaid, so they probably can't afford a webdesigner either.
>>
>>46438003

Not miniatures but KR Multicase have legitimately the worst website I've ever seen.
>>
>>46438074
Webdesign really takes minimal effort to accomplish though, you can learn html and css in a mater of days and after that it's just the application of effort.

I think a lot of people are just spooked by code, so they pay some cheapo half assed designer to make it for them even though they could probably do a lot better themselves considering they'd actually give a shit.

Like a lot of things I guess web designers have a job because not many people realize how easy it is.
>>
>>46438074
That stopped being a reasonable excuse about 5 years ago. You could go out today, get Squarespace or some other hosting site with templates, and have a better looking site before Tuesday. It's like walking around in a bedsheet because you can't into shirt design.
>>
>historical spergs ruining 9th age
>>
>>46438295
I still don't know what that even means.

I just see what I'm pretty sure is one anon REEEEEEEing it when something he doesn't like about 9th age is mentioned
>>
>>46437948
>>46437871
Those look really cool. Do they work well with GW parts? What would be the best approach to mutation parts?
>>
>>46437870
That's why I'm asking. I wanted to get a second opinion to get a more balanced view.
>>
File: 1455825969597.jpg (67 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1455825969597.jpg
67 KB, 600x549
>go to GW website
>check out Age of Sigmar
>"Last chance to buy!"
>"Once they're gone, they're gone!"
>all Warhammer Fantasy figures
>>
>>46438432
Should fit well enough with GW. I've seen some pretty good kitbashes like that.

As for mutations, what else is in your bitsbox?
GS is always an alternative too, and i'm sure 3rd party manufactuers also have chaos mutations if you can neither sculpt nor have the bits for it.
>>
File: post-390-0-47283600-1449984759.jpg (102 KB, 1200x534) Image search: [Google]
post-390-0-47283600-1449984759.jpg
102 KB, 1200x534
>>46438432
They seem to mix pretty seamlessly

I recognize the 5th from the right as a flagellant head, and I kinda love those headswapped marauders.

For mutations just a healthy amount of green stuff and some gribblys from a chaos spawn box or something and you're gold.
>>
>>46438340
It means your autism has placed an over powered game mechanic into 9th age.

>but long bows should be able to shoot accross the entire board
>cannons should be doing x
>horses wouldn't charge camels, let alone a dragon
>>
>>46438739
None of those are immbalanceable.

The task of a game maker as to make things as close to how they ought to be as possible while also balancing it, and none of those "historical" aka reality that remains unchanged in the warhammer world things are inherently unable to be balanced.

You shouldn't charge cav into the front of a spear line. That's about as autistic as a sci fi game where you have to actually see an enemy model with yours to shoot it.
>>
Man, I didn't expect the spear change to cause people to sperg out. Just about everything in every army book has had balance changes, so it's not like the spear would be improved and leave it at that. Higher cost for spears, lower cost for cavalry, tweaked statlines, less anti-cavalry on other fronts etc. can all adjust the overall balance between things.

Some other changes in 9th that came to mind during the day:
Steadfast can be removed the same way you remove rank bonuses, i.e. attacking in the flank or rear with a unit with more than one rank
Parry is now "can only be hit on a 4+" rather than a 6+ ward save, works against a difference in WS but not against "+X to hit"
Two hand weapons get +1I on top of +1A
Flails get +2S but enemies get +1 to hit against flail users
Dangerous terrain for chariots and monsters are on 2D6, every 1 is a wound
Breath attacks are 2D6 hits both ranged and melee rather than using a flame template on ranged that could easily cause 20+ hits
>>
>>46438808
If we are going to sperg, let's sperg properly. A spear block holds its own against cavalry as long as the soldiers keep their cool, and sometomes not even then. There are plenty of examples in history where a heavy cavalry charge has broken through some regiment, and I'm willing to bet that there are examples of this even with light cavalry. A spear is effective but is not the end all, no matter how much some people wish to wank over them.

Warhammer is not, has never been, and should never be, historical. If you want to sperg about muh real world go play fucking napoleonics.
Here we have marble sphynxes stomping 20 meter tall spiders while some decrepit pedo summons a comet from the skies.
>>
>>46438504
Arch gives it a good crack tbqh family.

He might even be more receptive to a dwarf/vampire alliance than I honestly think is reasonable.
>>
>>46439607
>Two hand weapons get +1I on top of +1A

There's only one thing worse than weapon fanatics: weapon fanatics who have never fought in their life.
>>
>>46439607
Some more things I'm noticing when skimming through the rulebook:

Flying movement range is unit specific rather than always 10"
Stubborn, Steadfast and BSB actually help units with Unstable
You can take a dispel scroll as an enchanted item if you don't have any wizards

Not sure if the guys from the last thread that wanted a summary are still reading, so I'll leave it at that for now.
>>
File: 828561329.png (17 KB, 175x182) Image search: [Google]
828561329.png
17 KB, 175x182
>>46439664
>THIS SETTING HAS X FANTASY THING
>SO WHY DO YOU CARE THAT THE MUNDANE PARTS DON'T ACT AT ALL LIKE REALITY GOD WHAT ARE YOU AUTSITIC

This is one of the most annoying things people say when talking about fantasy

>If we are going to sperg, let's sperg properly. A spear block holds its own against cavalry as long as the soldiers keep their cool, and sometomes not even then. There are plenty of examples in history where a heavy cavalry charge has broken through some regiment, and I'm willing to bet that there are examples of this even with light cavalry. A spear is effective but is not the end all, no matter how much some people wish to wank over them.

How is this not represented by the rules. You attack a unit of 20 goblin spears with 5 blood knights you're still gonna fucking shit on them.

Spears just have an advantage over hand weapons in resisting a cav charge. They don't just instantly remove any cav unit that charges them

I'd also argue it adds more depth to gameplay. A bit of rock paper scisoryness is always good for tactical games.

>>46439842
Two hand weapons most realistically would give no real benefit, but from a gameplay perspective they need one, so I would give them increased weapon skill. I makes the most sense as it could theoretically be easier to block or strike if you had to avenues of doing so.
>>
>>46440211
as a guy who has tried dual-wielding while learning fencing, just pickin up 2nd weapon should give PEANLTY to WS, that's for sure

>>46440211
>>46439664
>>46439607
it's just a few (probably one) anon, who has always been relying on his 1+ knights and now suddenly finds he may need other tools and some thinking too. just disregard him.
>>
>4th of april
>still no 9th Age update
>been hitting F5 every 30 seconds for 4 days straigh, without sleep
>fingers bleeding
>on second keyboard already

life is pain
>>
>Two hand weapons most realistically would give no real benefit, but from a gameplay perspective they need one, so I would give them increased weapon skill. I makes the most sense as it could theoretically be easier to block or strike if you had to avenues of doing so.

>as a guy who has tried dual-wielding while learning fencing, just pickin up 2nd weapon should give PEANLTY to WS, that's for sure

the difference between someone who has fought with swords and someone who read a bunch of drizzt durden
>>
>>46440489
don't get me wrong, when you learn some more advanced techniques, dual wielding has its merits, but in-game this means only characters and elves would benefit.
>>
>>46437840
In the vampire wars books they helped the empire because one of the counts used their ancestors for zombie skeleton minions
>>
>>46438590
This is why you must kick any friends buying AoS in the shins. Hope the game dies and GW comes back with its tail between its legs in five years "WE REVIVIN' DA MIDDLE AGES WARHAMMER FANTASY, YO."
>>
File: Neckbeards.png (127 KB, 345x337) Image search: [Google]
Neckbeards.png
127 KB, 345x337
>>46440359
Yea realistically there is no benifit whatsoever to dual wielding however they need SOMETHING

>S
nah that's silly
>A
Doesn't really make sense. You use your entire body to make attacks so it's not like you can swing anymore often and also I'm pretty sure A doesn't actually represent how many times you can swing your sword but is just a vague measurement of how many guys you could potentially slay on a good day in the time frame of one turn.
>I
Kinda does make a bit of sense as having two pointy sticks means you're more likely to be able to find an opportunity to strike. Mind you initiative doesn't really make sense at all as a mechanic, so trying to rationalize it a lost cause. Combat ought to be simultaneous unless they have pikes or other long reach weapons as you're going to be trading blows the whole time. Reflexes and speed ought to be lumped into WS if we're trying to make a simulationist version of warhammer
>WS
If you've got practice with dual wielding then you could theoretically be able to take advantage of having multiple angles of attack and a more complete area to which you can block, similar to those fencers that use the little parrying dagger as well as a saber or foil or whatever it is. Probably makes the most sense of the available options next to I.
>>
>>46440489
See
>>46440583

Deal wielding makes no sense at all but if you have to give it SOMETHING WS is the most reasonable imo
>>
>>46440465
Calm down man, 0.99 has only been out for like 2 weeks. I'm guessing that they're gonna release 1.0 in very late April to have time to iron out the kinks, since there were quite a few changes.
>>
>>46440583
A could make sense if you go full windmill, spinning blades and raining slashing hits, but that takes training and can't be used in regiment anyway.
>>
not exactly true guys.
you see, when you hit with a sword, you quickly lunge and then quickly move your shield in front, both to protect yourself, to capitalize on any impact you made to the enemy, and to give your next hit more leverage.

now, if you swap you shield for another weapon, you could possibly hit an enemy again, though weaker. if WHFB was realistic, dual-wielding would be
>+1A, but enemies get +1 to hit the dual-wielder
or even
>make an additional attack at -1S, but enemies get +1 to hit the dual-wielder
but that's sorta overcomplicated
>>
>>46437597
now, how do I get this out of my head?
>>
File: Dwarf Miner.jpg (152 KB, 1200x1391) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Miner.jpg
152 KB, 1200x1391
>>46441057
I always find manual labour to be great for clearing the mind. I recommend digging a deep hole.
>>
>>46441057
I feel dirty for liking it but I do
>>
>>46441057
get this instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1gF0uhHsqk
>>
Anyone want to help me with my mounted Elf list? It's mainly for fun since my group is doing some 1500 PT games using builds that we don't normally use. Our WoC guy is going full Mauraders, I'm full cav, our Skaven player is going full Eshin with nightrunners anyway here's my list; Archmage is naked because I haven't figured out what I want on him, Noble has a Reaver bow because I'm unsure if I want to drop a chariot and something else for an archer bunker or run him with the Reavers also is 5 Dragon Princes too small? I just picked them up last week

1487/1500 Points
Archmage (247pts) Wizard Level 4, Barded Steed
Noble (147pts)BsB, Dragon Armour, Shield, Reaver Bow, Barded Steed
Ellyrian Reavers x5(95pt) Musician
Ellyrian Reavers x5 (95pts) Musician
Silver Helms x8(214pts) Full Command, Shields
Silver Helms x8 (214pts) Full Command, Shields
Dragon Princes of Caledor x5
Lion Chariot of Chrace
Tiranoc Chariot x2
Great Eagle
>>
>>46439607
>Dangerous terrain for chariots and monsters are on 2D6, every 1 is a wound

I think it's
4D6 for monsters and chariots
2D6 for everything monstrous
1D6 for everything else.

There is also more terain that has you fail not only on 1s. Ruins =1-2. Enemy units =1-3.
>>
File: Draugr.jpg (250 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
Draugr.jpg
250 KB, 1152x648
Hey anon, I just played a few hours of skyrim and got this burning desire to field an army of draugr, but how do I do it?

Do I use Vampires or Tomb kings? I read some of the 9th Age rules and stumbled across the Barrow Legion, so that might be a good way to do it.

Which miniatures should I take? Vampire skeletons with chaos bits? Are there good alternetives?

Thanks for the help
>>
>>46441674
Yeah, you're right, I tried to read that part too quickly. It does make sense, since it makes dangerous terrain roughly as harmful regardless of unit type.
>>
>>46441746
Definitely Vampire Counts with Wights. Grab Heinrich Kemmler and Krell so Krell can be your Olaf One-Eye.
>>
>>46441746
red box games has actual draugr.

bit expensive for a whole army though.
>>
>>46441746
grave guard and wight kings are basically draugr, being ancient undead kings from ye ol days around the time of sigmar raised from their barrows by necromancers.
>>
>>46441862
>9th age
>characters
>>
>>46441746
>Do I use Vampires or Tomb kings? I read some of the 9th Age rules and stumbled across the Barrow Legion, so that might be a good way to do it.

Just get some minis that work in both lists and start playing.

The thing TK have going for them is having an actual shooting phase, chariot units and more supportive characters. It's a gameplay choice. You should be able to theme both lists around heavily armoured skellingtons.
>>
>>46441746
>>46442037
Just looked at the lists and noticed that TK/UL gives you heavy armour in core so it might fit the theme even more if that's what you are going for.
>>
File: 1454222217416.png (298 KB, 448x310) Image search: [Google]
1454222217416.png
298 KB, 448x310
>>46441973
>>9th age
>>
>>46441957
>>46441862
But most of the draugrs in skyrim are bound by a curse and embalmed, aren't they? I believe TKs could also work, with some tweaks.

Imagine ancient barrows in midden mountains, where the chieftain and kings of old still reign over their courts and clans...
>>
>>46442104
Thats what the dude was talking about, m8

besides what would you recommend instead?
>>
>>46439715
Thanks. I knew /whfb/ wouldn't disappoint, you guys are 10 times better than tw thread on /vg/ which seems to be only interested in shitposting and flame wars.

Is Arch ok for the fluff lore videos in your guys opinion if I was looking for some general overviews? I need something in the background while I paint my minis I play LoTR SBG though ;_;.

Would appreciate suggestions for other podcasts and videos.
>>
>>46442109
Yea I guess when you think about draugr are basically tomb kings with anything egypt swapped for norse
>>
>>46442109
>eternally subservient to skelechad

They deserve better
>>
>>46442109
But Vmapire Counts skellies look more like Draugr. Tomb Kings units all have an egyptian motif.

>>46441973
Bitch, I don't know nothin' 'bout no 9th age.
>>
>>46442172
arch is usally pretty decent.

I can't remember him being grossly inaccurate and I like the video length and he has a good voice.

How is the lotr sbg? I've only ever heard positive words in it's direction. I wonder how a warhammer reskin of it would play.
>>
>>46442218
I think "good" voice is stretching it but hes not grating even if he really needs to stop fucking around with his voice
>>
File: Ungrim.jpg (152 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
Ungrim.jpg
152 KB, 873x627
Should Ungrim Ironfist get new rules for Endhammer if he's the "de facto" High King?

And what happened to the Axe of Grimnir after Thorgrim got merc'd by the Skaven? What should happen? Are the Dorfs really just in stasis in the Grey Mountains?
>>
>>46440976
>now, if you swap you shield for another weapon, you could possibly hit an enemy again, though weaker.

And why would you do that when you can just bash with the shield harder. A second weapon is simply inferior to a shield in every way. Dual wielding is something fantasy came up with, there's a reason it wasn't ever used in battles. Maybe people who never did actual sword and shield fighting should stop theorycrafting, it would be for the better.
>>
>>46442204
I'm talking about the rules. The models are another matter.

Has anyone tried sticking the head of a chaos warrior on a skeleton? Would it even fit?
>>
>>46442218
Thanks.

I'd say that the best thing about it is how balanced it is and we are very lucky that it came out this way because we ever only got one update to the rules with the release of the Hobbit. You can build a lot off really 'fluffy' armies as the setting lends itself to it very easily. Beautiful miniatures although we had been getting the short end of the GW stick like you guys with their pricing and the assassination of the 2nd hand market and non GW merchants.
It's very difficult to find 3rd party replacements as well for the non human guys as well.
Finally keeping the model count low is a must because the system can be very tedious with big armies.

Building my Fiefdoms force with Perry's plastics atm.
>>
>>46442218
Also a reskin would be super easy to do so you should def give it a try. I'm doing one for A Song of Ice and Fire at the moment.
>>
>>46441524

Consolidate the two helms units. 1x12 and 1x5 does better than 2x8 (assuming you put a character there).

Also, Star Lance. Doesn't cost much more than the Reaver Bow and it is much better. 5 DPs are fine, tho I'd drop the Tiranoc chariots for another fighting character in order to give some more punch to the DPs.
>>
>>46442258
>>46442258
Was considering some other cool stuff that could/should have happened in the Endtimes, what hold was the HQ for the guild of engineers? I would have loved to see the engineers turn out all the new prototypes that're only a century or two old.

>what happened to the Axe of Grimnir

What happened to the Book of Grudges?
>>
>>46442471
Oooooh shit. Didn't even think of the fucking Book. Okay. Where did Thorgrim die?
>>
>>46442218
>Zharr Naggrund

I like Arch's Lore and Army videos well enough though he's got a tendency to ramble on about not much at all. He just bugs me because when he reacts to news he acts like CA is trying to personally annoy/please him, and because he has a tendency to dip into "Those wacky SJWs! Wokka wokka!" from time to time.
>>
>>46442387
How should i rank up the helms then? i was thinking 3x3 with a character in the middle.
>>
>>46442698
Well, those wacky SJWs do kinda suck. I don't get why he often acts like CA is attacking him. Or his constant reference of "REGIONAL OCCUPATION"
>>
>>46442839
I think the Regional Occupation is something that really bugs him. He mentioned in the last video that it's the thing he dislikes the most about the game so far. Not sure about his attitude towards CA or where it comes from.
>>
>>46442698
Yea it is bothersome but to be fair when you have stuff like

>I am thirteen years old and in a game store for the first time. I examine their selection of dice and take them to the counter to pay.

>“How old are you?” asks the balding, middle-aged man behind the counter.

>“Thirteen.”

>“Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed!” he chuckles in glee. The Warhammer 40K gamers at the table behind him take up the refrain. “Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed! Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed!”

>I ran

actually being taken seriously by places like rpg.net I can understand a little bit of saltiness. It doesn't fucking matter but it's annoying when they do their screeching for attention.
>>
>>46442970
>>46442839
I'm not saying SJWs telling stories about shit that didn't happen aren't annoying, it's just he uses it as the punchline instead of the setup. Meh, personal taste.
>>
>>46442471
>>46442684
Depending on where Thorgrim died, that could be a good setting for a Dwarf campaign in Endhammer. As for the guild of engineers, I think each city had a guild hall? But I'd think it'd be Karaz-a-Karak.
>>
File: warhammer intro piece.png (912 KB, 681x887) Image search: [Google]
warhammer intro piece.png
912 KB, 681x887
Anons, do you accept the high fantasy elements of warhammer, or does pic related trigger you because "muh realistic renaissance setting"
>>
>>46443178
>empire literally can't figure out how to make steam tanks anymore
>but muh giant steam driven siege towers that never show up in the lore

8th edition please go
>>
>>46442189
what would all the non-skeleton stuff be, tho?

Ushabtis could be either statues of Ulric & co or undead trolls.
Necro knights could be jormungand riders.
Stalkers: no Idea, maybe some form of gorgon n shit
Giant -> undead diant
Carrions coulb be undead eagles?
No idea about the scorpion and the sphinges. Some undead beasts I guess
>>
File: White_Dwarf_Grombrindal.jpg (58 KB, 352x450) Image search: [Google]
White_Dwarf_Grombrindal.jpg
58 KB, 352x450
>>46442684
DESU I want Grombrindal/Snorri Whitebeard to have the Book of Grudges with him, and is stalking Phoenix King Malekith to someday cave his stupid head in with it, then set loose a million angry midget ghosts to chop up the remaining Dark Elves.
>>
>>46443350
I thought in the End Times he was cool with Malekith?
>>
File: Empire_War_Wagon.png (379 KB, 347x516) Image search: [Google]
Empire_War_Wagon.png
379 KB, 347x516
>>46443237
A steam driven tower isn't necessarily more advanced than a steam tank. In fact, its probably easier to make than a steam tank since you don't have to worry about the engine being small enough to fit in the vehicle, or complex enough to fulfill several functions in the press of battle. All the tower has to do is slowly move in one general direction, the steam engine taken from one of their ironclads could probably work. the empire already had Mobile battle fortresses in the form of huge war wagons, now instead of being pulled by an army of horses they're powered by steam. the pic related is from waaay before 8th
>>
>>46443350
>>46442258

On a side note, I don't think that the Norscan of Salkalten should be Harry the Hammer, even though that would be funny. Make him a new dude. And figure a way to make a Norscan Marauders + Empire army work.
>>
File: SkullPass1.gif (71 KB, 400x317) Image search: [Google]
SkullPass1.gif
71 KB, 400x317
>bfsp
>109 minis + scenery + game materials full rulebook
>60 dollars
>iob
>74 minis one of which is the best looking gryphon gw has ever made + game materials full rulebook
>100
>aos
>44 minis 3 of which are fairly large+ 3 page "rules"
>125

I sit time to ree now?
>>
>>46443555
Yeah but it's kinda dumb considering how much dwarf blood (and blood in general) Malekith has on his hands. I seriously don't understand how anyone in-setting was really okay with Malekith becoming the Phoenix King considering all the shit he's done as Witch King.
>>
File: harad10.jpg (50 KB, 800x438) Image search: [Google]
harad10.jpg
50 KB, 800x438
>>46440211
You can add an advantage (+1S when charged, like pikes ffs) or go full sperg (armor piercing, killing blow).

I'm not compalining about making spears better, but about how much better.

Also, given that near nothing in fantays is grounded on reality, I don't see reason to start messing with this. Weapon rules before used to be alright, some gave +1S on first turn of combat and that was fine. Now it seems that you need to keep track of that AND add a bonus to hitting the dude.

We should be reducing the amount of stuff to keep track of, not increasing it.

It's because of stuff like this that I have a hard time supporting 9th. I'm sure something good will come out of it, but it'll definitely take time.

>>46440359
1+ knights? I wish. Tomb Kings and HE, mostly TK. The game already has tools to deal with 1+ knights and many of them don't involve a mage.

The problem in 8e were the hordes and the wacky magic, not the cavalry units. So I have a hard time understanding why they're making hordes better (small infantry units don't take spears) against something they've got no problem with. Armor piercing I could understand, as it woul change the balance against other infantry. But fucking cavalry?

Essentially, it comes down to this: >>46442339

>>46442172
>>46442304
LotR?
REJOICE
E
J
O
I
C
E

Adam Troke just said that he's got four years ahead of dedication to the range, they'll be printing again the sourcebooks within weeks and by october a new big rulebook, and the range will be named Middle Earth SBG. Also, they are asking what minis we want them to bring back! And they'll be looking at the silmarillion and other writings for new minis. And they showed Dain on foot and looked fucking boss.

>>46442218
Lotr is prolly the most balanced of GW's main games. There are a few op things but not too much. Also, having both players do stuff in all the phases makes it more dynamic.
Plays well with up to 100 minis per side, then it becomes quite painful.
>>
Per thread reminder that the Oceanborn have risen.
>>
>>46444184
Traditionalist High Elves accepting that he passed through the flames while at the same time Tyrion goes over the deepend? General dipshit writing?

Endhammer works it out that Teclis manipulated the situation and leaves it vague whether Malekith legitimately passed through the flames or Teclis protected him (like the other Phoenix Kings). Point being, Teclis knew the elves weren't going to make it through the apocalypse if they weren't united, and he saw a "legitimized Malekith" + "dead Morathi" as the quickest way to it.

Of course, once the apocalypse was averted, it all fell apart and Teclis was sad. Imrik and Caledor remained BFFs with Malekith, though, apparently.
>>
File: 1421019014264.png (630 KB, 569x583) Image search: [Google]
1421019014264.png
630 KB, 569x583
>>46444184

The most infuriating thing as someone who loved Shadow King back when I read it was when Alith Anar, who lost FUCKING EVERYTHING HE EVER GAVE A SHIT ABOUT IN HIS LIFE BECAUSE OF MALEKITH (except maybe that pack of wolves he started living with and that one princess he decided not to stay with) just sort of gave him an angry glance, hissed at him and said "Yeah, well. Don't fuck up, again." and left. Alith should have fucking murdered Morathi at the very least.

The whole End Times thing just pisses me off. Except maybe Settra. Settra being a bad-ass was alright. But beyond that, as an elf fan, Malekith suddenly being A-Okay with everyone, and the whole stupid "You wuzzin redy 2 be king" and retconning basically fucking everything from the first Pheonix King election and inauguration after Anareon's death to the Civil War just... Irks me.
>>
Did anyone go to Adepticon this year? How was the turn-out, and how did it compare to AoS or the last few years?
>>
File: Jarl Vader.jpg (178 KB, 800x1334) Image search: [Google]
Jarl Vader.jpg
178 KB, 800x1334
"The Good Norscan" = Olaf Godhater? Olaf the Exile?

How would a Norscan work leading a mixed force of Empire state troops and exiled marauders?
>>
>>46444478
What's your take on Endhammer's handling of it?
>>
File: Starmaker_firstedition.jpg (31 KB, 232x348) Image search: [Google]
Starmaker_firstedition.jpg
31 KB, 232x348
>>46444515
>Olaf Godhater
>>
>>46443237
Why can't people just reverse engineer tanks? Apparently even the Skaven and the Halflings made their own.
>>
>>46444612
Halflings and skaven looted a few of the 12 empire ones iirc
>>
>>46444560
Doesn't need to be Olaf, either. Just making shit up. "Godhater" because he abandons the Four after Archaon dies.
>>
>>46444686
Yeah, I can see that. Have the Norscans nearly as depopulated between the Nurgle Bros and local running off to fight with Archaon. Liefland Godhater represents a faction willing to work with the Empire to forge a new path for his people, and he's managed to snag a few refugee/advisors.
>>
File: Dwarf Ironclad.jpg (182 KB, 900x717) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Ironclad.jpg
182 KB, 900x717
>>46442471
>what hold was the HQ for the guild of engineers

The guild was scattered all around through every hold, as the guilds are wont to be, without a central leadership. That said, Barak Varr has some noteriety as the place where clever dwarves go when they want to do something horrendous like not follow the hallowed plans of their ancestors and make something new. though it's still super-conservative and they throw out anyone too daring, but it's by water so they splash rather than splatter on the mountainside
>>
>>46444686
I was just saying it was a stealthy accidental tangential /lit/ reference.
>>
>>46444515
>>46444686
And apparently he's Darth Vader.

If I remember the old Endhammer shit right, this "good Norscan" was meant to be a warlord who didn't feel like going back to Norsca and just decided to set up shop in a town in Ostland. Wolfenburg's fucked, so Salkalten. There's some big buggun' sleeping in the keep, so he runs in and mercs it. Make it a dragon or a mighty chaos beastie. In doing so, he wins the admiration and loyalty of some of the dispossessed locals.

But what kind of stats would a Norscan warlord have without Chaos blessings?
>>
File: 1454229686992.jpg (113 KB, 945x582) Image search: [Google]
1454229686992.jpg
113 KB, 945x582
>>46443718
You know, I fucking hate Pinterest. I tried to find out where that's from using reverse image search (it looks Kopinskish), every result is Pinterest. I click through, and I have to try to scroll to find it and read the description, but I can't because with every scroll down a big black shadow takes over the page telling me that I need to log into my Pinterest account to see this pictures, because apparently this is the cocksucking Wall Street Journal and not a bunch of ripped art from Warhammer books next to bridal gown designs.

On a side note, you have no idea how steam engines work, how powerful they are, or how locomotion in general works. There is not a chance in hell that there's a steam engine out there that could carry around a giant tower of stone and metal. That art is very fanciful and fun to look at, but it makes no damn sense from an engineering POV; it's the equivalent of a Battlefleet Gothica ship. There's a reason it's not something that exists in either fluff or table outside that one art piece, unless you assume that the 'towers' the 8e book mentions come from some intern looking at a random piece of old art and deciding to include that in the blurb.
>>
File: Shadow_King.jpg (160 KB, 657x700) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_King.jpg
160 KB, 657x700
>>46444538

... Of what, specifically? That's a bit vague. Alith Anar, Settra, or Malekith being "redeemed"?

If it's Alith and Malekith, I'm not going to lie, I wish Alith would have ended him. The Flames each king walked through gave them the blessing of Asuryan (if they were accepted). Khaine had nothing to do with it, but to be honest and straight forward I didn't much like the way the gods were handled in End Times, but I digress. They were blessed by Asuryan, being the head of the elven gods and all putting him in a good place to choose the leader of the elves. Malekith knew this and actually supported the first elf chosen to be Pheonix King after his father disappeared. There were -two- Civil Wars, after all. The first was lead by Morathi and her Druchii, who slipped into exclusive worship of the dark half of the pantheon. It was Alith Anar, his father, grandfather and several of their soldiers that infiltrated Anlec and opened the gates for Malekith when he returned to Ulthuan to stop the war. When Morathi was imprisoned, and Malekith the only one who could see her, she corrupted and perverted his mind, convincing him that his close friend had stolen the Kingship from him, and soon houses started choosing sides. Malekith, or the Pheonix King?

Alith lost his fiancé to Malekith (her father allied with him and she became one of the first sorceresses), he lost his father, his grandmother, mother, and damn-near everyone else he'd ever known. His grandfather survived only to be blinded and kept for torture by Morathi. Alith Anar has existed for nearly as long as Malekith, sustained through sheer hatred of the Witch King, his mother and the Dark Elves as a whole, and he has every right to hate them with all the force an elf can muster. When Alith encounters Malekith, then decides "Nah. I'll let him go with a warning." you can bet I'm not super hyped about the engagement.
>>
>>46445093
>But what kind of stats would a Norscan warlord have without Chaos blessings?
Probably in line with other human heroes. Compare a Bret and an Empire lord and you'll probably have a ballpark, though my instinct is to err on the side of Bret where that's higher since they'd have a philosophically different but "regimen of training and warfare" similar background.
>>
>>46445150
Endhammer. The /tg/-created setting which tries to reconcile some parts of End Times so it's not completely fucked. As an elf-fan, what's your take on what they did with Malekith? And what would you add/change about Alith Anar?

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer
>>
>>46444213
>We should be reducing the amount of stuff to keep track of, not increasing it.
If you had actually looked into 9th, you'd quickly notice that's exactly what they're doing.
It seems that you're just trying to come up with reasons to not actually read the rules at this point, perhaps to justify the knee-jerk reaction you've had towards one single change.
>>
File: Skaven.jpg (115 KB, 1280x915) Image search: [Google]
Skaven.jpg
115 KB, 1280x915
>>46444612
Skaven make warmachines that blow up within a month on average, and they only work in the first place because they're powered by crystallized madness and designed by guys who snort that shit for breakfast. When you have literally no interest in anything like the long- or short-term preservation of the machine or anyone who is ever in contact with it, and you have an incredible power supply (that only works because you're mostly immune to it's horrifying effects, except for the part where it explodes your little rat dick off at the drop of a slave) you can make miracles happen. Disturbing, warp-spawned, abominable miracles.

And I don't know if Kathleen the Halfling Halftank is canon.
>>
>>46445127
Who says that the steam engine is actually carrying the tower around, and not just providing a basis for steam cannons or something?
>>
>>46445170
Would removing knightly orders gimp an Empire army based on a mix of state troop refugees and Norscan Marauder colonists?

This'll give Endhammer's Empire four different "faction" choices: Ulrican Middenheim, Sigmarite Reikland, Gelt's Nuln, and the Norscan-Empire mix of Ostland.
>>
File: Asur.jpg (133 KB, 547x627) Image search: [Google]
Asur.jpg
133 KB, 547x627
>>46444538
>>46444478

Finubar offing himself is a joke. Khaine having something to do with the Phoenix Flames is stupid as all hell (Why would the War and Murder god have anything to do with the selection of leadership, other than "HEY! PEOPLE KNOW THAT NAME! PROBABLY BECAUSE WE DON'T SHUT UP ABOUT HIM IN DARK ELF FLUFF AND ELDAR!"). Malekith being anything other than a broken-minded, monstrous crispy-critter in fancy magic armor that keeps his ass from falling off is stupid. He's a villain. You don't start a series of wars responsible for the serious depletion of not only yours but of other races, shatter your god damn homeland and just suddenly become a "good guy" because somehow -YOU- are the only one that can unify your species. Despite you have always been Public Enemy #1. Almost anyone could have been a better option. It all just smells like GW saying "People know these characters, so get suckin', writing-monkeys."
>>
>>46445127
>On a side note, you have no idea how steam engines work, how powerful they are, or how locomotion in general works
yeah and I don't need to know any of that, considering that even things in the established fluff like steam tanks and gyrocopters make no sense from an engineering standpoint. why do People like you try to cram everything from warhammer into real world logic and then complain when something in a FANTASY setting doesn't make sense? There are many one off things mentioned in little pieces of fluff here and there that never get brought up again, what gets you so assblasted about mobile battle towers?
>>
File: 1454153082847.jpg (415 KB, 1428x2000) Image search: [Google]
1454153082847.jpg
415 KB, 1428x2000
>>46445493
Because steam cannons don't work? Though steam-based weaponry would be neat. As for 'who says the steam engine is actually carrying the tower around,' that would be the retarded thing in >>46443178 that describes the towers as 'prowling the borders of Mankind's realm'.
>>
>>46445579
>It's a fantasy setting
>The laws of physics don't matter anymore lol

When magic is inbol
>>
>>46445591
I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like a Siege Tower getting rolled around by men and teams of horses. Plus steam cannons do exist in the lore - that huge Chaos Dwarf cannon has to be powered by steam because gunpowder is too volatile, and steam tanks actually have 'steam cannons' that literally fire blasts of steam.
>>
>>46445290

Yeah, sorry... Kinda' lost my fucking shit about End Times there. I don't typically read over fan-made stuff, but I looked at that and didn't actually see anything about Alith beyond mentioning what happened in End Times.

People can feel free to disagree with me, that's totally fine, but I would never stand for giving the Dark Elves or their king any quarter. I'd have liked to hear that Alith Anar finally hunted him and his mother down. He could have died spectacularly doing it, since that's sort of what he lived for (wolf pack, too, but that never gets mentioned).

From what I read there, Endhammer is just putting the High Elves in the position the Dark Elves were in and glosses over the whole "Rape and murder" part of the Dark Elves that might cause trouble with them occupying Ulthuan. Ya' know. Like what started those Civil Wars.
>>
>>46445742
The Dark Elves don't occupy Ulthuan. The Dark Elves are set adrift and the High Elves land in the balmy, tropical islands that remain of cratered Lustria. Dark Elves, meanwhile, are in Athel Loren and planning to launch attacks on Tilea/Estalia (take back the old colony cities) or see if they can clear out Naggaroth again.

We can't just have Alith Anar merc Malekith AND Morathi... because then what do Dark Elf players get? What would you like to see for Alith Anar?
>>
File: Shadow_Warriors.png (1 MB, 542x841) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Warriors.png
1 MB, 542x841
>>46445290
>>46445742

Continuing on (some more thoughts) I think that if anything were added, the Shadow Warriors aught to start going on hunts again. The Shadow Warriors were made by Alith Anar during the first Civil War for the explicit purpose of hunting Druchii- specifically nobles. If Ulthuan is Dark Elf-controlled, so be it, but the Shadow Warriors would go full IRA on the Dark Elves living there. They wouldn't stop till every single one of them was dead and Malekith's head was on a pike, and Alith Anar would be behind it.
>>
>>46445805

Jesus I need to finish these posts faster so I don't look like a -total- jackass that ignores posts.

Given that most people hardly know a thing about Alith, I should never expect too much, but as mentioned I think that the Shadow Warriors- who would now have lost even the Shadowlands- would devote themselves to hunting Dark Elves completely. Really I guess you could just turn it into something like the "good ol' times", where Alith was constantly sneaking into Malekith's and Morathi's homes and stealing/fucking with their shit, killing influential figures and being generally the biggest possible pain in the ass, biding his time till he can actually get at them, even it it takes another few thousand years. Hopefully that would keep in the theme of Warhammer as well, with it effectively being a stalemate.
>>
>>46445939
The goal of Endhammer is to shift the status quo, but not to a point where any race feels ignored or gimped. So this is useful. Feel free to add shit to the page. It's for all of us, for campaigns and just fucking around with ideas.

I never liked how the Dark Elves don't really get resolution in Endhammer. We should pick something for them to actually do -- Tilea, Naggaroth, or something else.

While Tyrion and Alarielle get a new, tropical kingdom. And the High Elf island kingdoms in other parts of the world still exist I think.
>>
>>46440581

AoS doing bad is in no way a guarantee of Fantasy coming back. GW could very well be content to have 40k as their main property supported by AoS, Specialist Games, board games, and royalties.

And if you primarily liked Fantasy because of its gameplay, there is no guarantee that it would come back as is either. Despite what shitposters like to say, I don't think GW is run by people who look at failures and seen repeating them as is as a wise decision.
>>
>>46446103
I liked it for the story.
>>
>>46445631
The laws of physics dont agree with giant spiders and magic either.

Stop being so godamn buttblasted
>>
>>46446027

I know I could get a lot of hate with this, but I think that the best way for Dark Elves to move forward might be if Malekith and his mother are gone. I mean, think about it; they've become something completely different (culturally, linguistically and so forth, though not racially technically), but because of Malekith their whole existance has revolved around taking Ulthuan and establishing him as King. Naggaroth was supposed to be more of a temporary thing. I'd imagine many Dark Elves don't give a shit about what Malekith wants to do (rounding up the elves and ruling them, I'd guess) and are more interested in living their lives the way they always have; raping, pillaging, enslaving, etc.

I'd want someone more invested in the Dark Elves to give their input, but I think they might benifit from a change in leadership. Maybe a new character, or a lesser-known one that is pre-established, steps up to take Malekith's place. Start going all-out with the pirating and such without mommy's boy.
>>
>>46446343
Let me explain this to you.

The warhammer world has rules. They are different rules than earth's but only in the existence of magic. This is different from having no rules. Everything not governed by magic is governed by mundane reason with a bit of wiggle room. Horses don't not die when they rush into a wall of pointy sticks. People are still people who eat and breath and shit.

Fantasy has rules, they're just different. The fact that people don't seem to understand this still kind of astounds me.
>>
>>46446488
Well, there's the Kraken-Masked feller
>>
>>46443953
>BFSP
>was young and a poorfag to boot
>missed out bigtime
>>
>>46446488
The foretold sorcerer ought to actually fuck him up desu
>>
File: Kraken_Masked_Feller.jpg (663 KB, 2736x2736) Image search: [Google]
Kraken_Masked_Feller.jpg
663 KB, 2736x2736
>>46446802

>"Kraken-Masked feller"

Butnoreally

I know who you're talking about but I really, genuinely don't know who it is. That being said, I think that would be kinda' fuckin' cool. A new era where the Dark Elves live on the seas, maybe establishing little forts here and there like actual pirates did back in the day. Maybe one of them is where Malekith hides out at and possibly dies on. That way Mr. Kraken-Elf-Pirate or who ever could be the next racial leader and usher forth an era where all loathe to travel the seas for fear of the Dark Elves.
>>
>>46447144
Lokhir fellheart no?
>>
>>46447530
But why would Lokhir betray his King? And what of Imrik and his dragon knights who swore to Malekith?
>>
>>46447530

That'd be him, yes. But as I said, I honestly don't know a great deal about most of the Dark Elf characters beyond Malekith and Morathi, and I only know as much as I do about them because they've interacted the most with the Dark Elves.

>>46447691

No one is suggesting Lokhir himself kill Malekith. Only step up to take his place, officially or de facto (should he die or seclude himself on Pointy Purple Island respectively). As for Imrik, I'd say they could either return to their people (High Elves) since the whole structure of elven society seems to have broken down and they may feel loyalty more towards their kin than someone that is King only in name, OR he could fuck off and live with Malekith for so long as he's alive. I imagine some elves would take issue to his service to the Witch King, but I don't think they would shun him for it completely, since he was doing his duty to a 'Phoenix King'. Could be regarded as having more to do with tradition than politics.

But, I think there are two paths this all could take:
One is that characters start dying (if we assume I speak for the High Elves/Asur, I would be absolutely fine with killing off Alith Anar, likely the oldest high elf unless Anareon is still alive, if one of the big names among the Dark Elves dies off as well). This way it can move along from being all about ancient elves and their ancient politics and grudges and onto the elves that actually compose the bulk of the two groups.
The second option is that the High Elves are too small in number and too worried about not dying in Lustria to commit to a proper war, the Dark Elves are too spread out with no proper homeland, and the Nagarythians/Shadow Warriors are going full Terrorist on the Dark Elves but ultimately not scoring any major points (no named characters die).
>>
>>46447691
But anon, Lokhir DOES turn against Malekith:
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Battle_for_the_Isle_of_the_Dead
>>
File: high-elves.jpg (60 KB, 677x500) Image search: [Google]
high-elves.jpg
60 KB, 677x500
>>46448147

Same High Elf-fag that's been posting here:

See? All dark elves are treacherous, conniving dirt-bags. Clearly there would be no reason they wouldn't be all for a change of pace/leadership. Really, it's all about the rape, slavery, mutilation, murder and people-skins. Who cares about some walking elf-toast in pointy armor that shags his mother and drones on all day about how he isn't as good as his father. That's not what being a degen- Druchii is all about, is it? (mother shagging notwithstanding)
>>
>>46448346
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer
Yeah, even if they dial back the multilation and blood sacrifice you leave the fact that the Black Arks spend years away from Naggaroth at a time, and likely have their own cultures. Have the Elves in four factions like the Empire: Tyrion's Khaine-following "Loyalists", the Black Arks under Lohkir, the Eternal King's Court in Athel Loren, and some Wood Elf guerillas that work with the Dryads.
>>
File: 69908.jpg (143 KB, 720x517) Image search: [Google]
69908.jpg
143 KB, 720x517
>>46448455

I'm personally not super fond of the whole Tyrion and Khaine stuff (Khaine was kinda the thing of the Dark Elves for literally ever, ya' know?) and most elves- High Elves- would be aware that you don't fuck around with the Cytharai (the death, pleasure, murder, war and other not-so-great-aspects-of-life gods) for longer than you need to. If you're at war, pay homage to Khaine. Once that has ceased and life can go back to something resembling normalcy, you don't fuck around with them anymore. They're not Eldar, despite the effort GW may have put forth to try and make them straight-up Eldar-but-in-fantasy. Worshiping Khaine constantly and out in the open is not something you do (unless you're a Dark Elf).

I would say perhaps keep the three core Elven factions, but fracture them within themselves. High Elves could be stuck between Tyrion's Khaine bullshit and the more conservative High Elves trying to re-establish the society they once had as best they can, exactly the way it was. Dark Elves could be between those who were genuinely loyal to Malekith (including any High Elves (and wood elves I guess) that joined him and remained) and the rest of the Dark Elves who are in it for the Dark-Elfing. As for Wood Elves, I'm not too knowledgeable about them, but I'd guess they could be struggling with whether they want to re-join the rest of their kind because of the events that had recently happened or if they want everything to stay the same (as much as possible).

All would be more political in nature I imagine, but they could very well come to blows occasionally. I guess I feel like it would keep in line with the whole "Your Dudes" aspect of Warhammer. Want to roll High/Dark/Wood Elves that just want to keep on keeping on and try to forget the whole thing and rebuild? That's kosher. Want to roll with the new weird shit that started because of End Times? Go for it. That stuff still exists.

With that, I need to scoot.
>>
>>46446791

There is a pretty good chance the model designers don't know jack shit about engineering and probably never have, they just ape designs from the real world or draw inspiration from them and make things that look realistic enough to the untrained eye, which is going to be the majority of people purchasing such a model. (As an aside, it's oddly nice to read FW's explanations for vehicles in 40k, despite them probably not standing up to snuff.)

Fantasy draws on history and it has simulation aspects to it, but it's time to realize that it's not a historical and in reality is no more realistic than 40k is, no matter how deceiving its coat of paint may appear. Basically you have to just accept that most shit in both games only makes sense on the surface and doesn't hold up under serious scrutiny.

As another aside, it's perfectly reasonable in the lore that a steam driven tower could exist since it would likely be around the same size if not larger than the Marienberg Land Battle Ship. The entire lore behind the design of which is that the Imperial Gunnery School of Nuln can't make an engine of a similar size to those you'd find in a Steam Tank so one of the engineers just suggests making a bigger boiler and basing the design off of a ship to appeal to Marienberg's vanity.

>>46443953

Size of the models is a big part of why the AoS starter set costs what it does for the models you get. The Stormcast alone are all Terminator sized models or larger.
>>
>>46448911

cont.

Probably going to contribute to Endhammer, so I guess I'll be around. This was a pretty interesting conversation to have, honestly, and I'd love to try and do the High Elves some justice after the beast that was End Times ravaged them.
>>
>>46448931
But they also look like shit. At least my tiny bfsp models look good, and I could have bought two of them for the price of the aos one
>>
>>46448947
>>46448911
>>46448455
>>46448346

Cool beans. With regard to Endhammer, Tyrion's Khanite nature was reduced after he was ganged up on and the Widowmaker was stripped from him. He's back to being "Tyrion" albeit one who is incredibly guilty for what he's done. However, now he can be with Alarielle in the new elf colonies of Archipelago Lustria (as the moon still fell and blew up the continent, turning its mountains into islands).

Meanwhile, Malekith is Eternity King in Athel Loren, but Lokhir Felheart leaves, thinking this is some bullshit, and starts commanding fleets out in the sea. Maybe he takes an old, empty Arabyan city, like Copher?
>>
>>46449000

Silly me using things like amount of plastic used and technology to gauge price rather than some random Anon's opinion.
>>
>>46437694
Vampires can control Dwarves. Lahmians specifically can.

But Dwarfs truly allying with anyone but Empire and MAYYYYBE High Elves breaks lore.
>>
>>46443953
You got so many night goblins in that set it ain't even funny.

I received 3 sets of it from my manager when I used to work for GW and Island of Blood was imminent, we couldn't shift them.

Putting down 180 night goblins...bliss.
>>
>>46450836
Also that troll and the goblin boss with the squig are legitimately wonderful models.
>>
>>46450849
They certainly are.

I sold all of the dwarves from the 3 sets

TO BUY MORE NIGHT GOBLINS
>>
>>46446488
This, seeing hellebron take the reigns would have been amazing.
>>
>>46437840
The dwarfs hate Von Carstiens because they invaded them and present a threat to their lands.
>>
>>46450898
The dwarves unfortunately aren't as nice as the grobbi. That said I like more dwarf army more. The metal dwarves that came out around 2000 are probably my favorite gw range of all time up there with the ancient chaos warriors and the 8th edition skaven.

The 8th edition dwarves were a disappointment.
>>
>>46443953
No, you should lament not picking up cheap greenskins on ebay though.

>$20 for 20 orcs will never be a thing again
>>
>>46450254

I don't think allying with Bretonnia would be a problem.
>>
>>46451081
Look at these amazing dwarfs. The rangers aren't gw but the slayers and thane are those glorious metals.
>>
>you will never journey from the aethyr at the head of a demonic hunting party to capture a kawaii elf slave girl
>>
>>46451266
Go away Bjorn, fuck chaos spawn like the rest of us pussy
>>
File: yummy_mummies.jpg (205 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
yummy_mummies.jpg
205 KB, 760x596
I'm going to consider this relevant to the thread.
>>
Played my first game of fantasy after just collecting the minis for the hobby part of it for years
Had a fucking blast though, i was worried I wouldn't like playing the actual game after collecting so many minis
We did a bunch of shit wrong though but it was a great time
What are some fun army builds to play? And dont give me any of that High elf spear block cheese
>>
>>46446488
Why not just push Morathi into Chaos? Put her in Daemons or something.
>>
>>46446791
>The warhammer world
This as a name always fucking sucked.

Who agrees that giving the Warhammer World the name "Mallus" is the single good thing to come of Age of Sigmar?
>>
>>46443953
I found two Skull Passes boxes worth of Goblins in my closet the other week. Too busy working on Skaven to do much with them, though.
>>
>>46451145
Theoretically no, but they're pretty High Elf and there's no precedent for it as far as I know.
>>
>>46451565
Mallus is a shitty name yea, but I wish it has a real name.
>>
>>46451644
Looking at the rest of Age, it could have been much worse.

But Mallus is better than both "Warhammer World" and "Sigmaron" as far as I'm concerned. Or Aearth.
>>
>>46451565
Malus is the name of the metallic core of warhamer world. It isn't the name of the planet/world.
>>
File: 1450031067684.jpg (108 KB, 469x636) Image search: [Google]
1450031067684.jpg
108 KB, 469x636
>>46451565

Think Mallus is just the name of the core, GW seems to just refer to the world proper as The-World-That-Was in AoS.

This chart from one of the RPG books calls it The Fated Place.

Kind of stupid though that a proper name was never given.

>>46451581

Knights of the Grail mentions them having good relations after one of the Errantry Wars, though not as good as the Empire.

At the very least I could see them teaming up against a force that was a threat to both of them.
>>
>>46451565
I like it because it sounds like hammer in Latin, but I can get why others would prefer a different name, simply earth or world is enough and I thought we agreed in another thread that for the lizardmen it would be called in a similar way given what we know about their language: Munda ("mondo" is another translation of world)

The elves called it "the fated place", I don't think there're many factions who would care about finding a definite name for the planet.
>>
>>46446791
and these rules are different from our world's, even not counting magic.

Giants, giant flying monsters, enormous spiders - they are "mundane" in Warhammer. they somehow don't crumble into piles of broken bone/chitin from gravity without relying on magic. why would be exception made for flesh and bone and no exception for steel and wood?
>>
>>46451565
the only Mallus I acknowledge is that smithing hammer I had to find for a quest in Diablo II Act I. it has nothing to do with Warhammer, apart from being a hammer.
>>
obviously, the denizens call it "Earth", seeing as most nations call our world "Earth", because that's what they walk on.
Norscans probably call it "Snow" or maybe "Ice", or "Wiggly Chaosy Stone With Fangs and Tentacles", if they are from farther north.
>>
>>46448931
this. Warhammer isn't meant to be realistic, it never was. There are realistic elements to it, just as there are fantastical elements to it, and there is a lot of overlap between the 2. The more realistic looking elements of it aren't necessarily bound to the real world laws of physics, which is how you get things like Gyrocopters and chariots that are way too big to be pulled by the 2 horses attached.

The developers clearly have a limited grasp on things like logistics, scale, engineering, architecture, battlefield tactics and military history. If they are learned in such things, they don't really seem to care too much about putting them in warhammer. Things aren't supposed to conform exactly to the real world, thats why its called fantasy. you put just about anything from warhammer under serious scrutiny and it stops maing sense. for instance, why the fuck do dwarfs use axes and hammers as their primary weapons when those are literally the worst weapons to use in a shield wall? Or why do dwarfs use blackpowder weapons when they do most of their fighting underground, the worst place for blackpowder? How do the chaos wastes and the dark lands supports such massive populations of orcs or chaos worshipers? Why do armies still fight in tight formation when regiment decimating spells and monsters have been a part of warfare since the beginning of time? How does Bretonnia manage to support a population of hundreds of thousands of knights? all of these things don't make sense if you really think about it but are still accepted as a normal part of the setting. Its warhammer fantasy, not warhammer historical, people need to stop getting so buttblasted about steam powered towers and 20 dragons being present in one battle
>>
>>46451581
>>46451726
Dwarfs and Brets could totally bond over some things.
>"Full-body metal armour."
>"Yeeeeah. Fuck Wood Elves."
>"Yeaaaah. We're cool?"
>"We're cool."
>>
So, /whfb/ what are you currently working on?
>>
>>46451841
High Elf Spearmen. Yvresse.
Problem is I'm working unsuccessfully through a Stardew Valley addiction.
>>
>>46451829
>>"Yeeeeah. Fuck Wood Elves.
I'm pretty sure they meant different things with this at first
>>
>>46451829
Under that logic the Asur should still be their allies then.
>>
>>46451921
not really. Brets rarely see Wood Elf maidens, beautiful as flowers in spring.
what Brets do see are vengeful dryads, poisoned arrows loosed from Lady knows where, and Wild Hunt roflstomping through countryside every summer.

>>46451936
Asur have no quarrel with Asrai, and they are elves too, so fuck them too, from Bret/Dwarf point of view. Also, that metal High Elves use... it's just not heavy enough. It's the heft that counts.
>>
>>46451954
Asur have had two major Asrai encounters.
The first time they told Finubar to fuck off, the second they abducted a Prince and destroyed the army that came to save him.

So the same track record they have with Vampires basically.

Imrik and Louen were Chaos-slaying bros in a battle once and Eltharion managed to save a lot of Dwarfs. So I'd say there's far more reason to ally with the other plate-wearers over the Celves.
>>
File: 1458964222711.jpg (278 KB, 1000x755) Image search: [Google]
1458964222711.jpg
278 KB, 1000x755
>>46441150
No need to feel bad about it. There is nothing wrong with a good dwarven song.
>>
>>46451995
ah, makes sense.

I also remembered that bit when Orion rampaged through Ulthuan after Dark Elves pinned some important Wood Elf chick's murder on High Elves (though the ass-kicking Wood Elves later pulled on Dark Elves sorta makes up for it)
>>
>>46451995
Come on step your game up. There were many more.

>The first time they told Finubar to fuck off

Ariel was corrupted and mad at the time. She accepted the High Elf emissaries after she was cured.

>the second they abducted a Prince and destroyed the army that came to save him.

Also a beguiled High Elf army slaughtered a Wood Elf army that was escorting Malekith's waifu.

Ariel loved Malekith's waifu like a sister so she ordered her husband Orion to go to war against the High Elves. Orion and the wood Elf would spent time ravaging the High Elven Kingdom from which the murderous High Elves came from.

This is one of the most notable examples. It pisses me off that you purposely omitted it. What's your agenda, anon?
>>
>>46451829
If by "fuck wood elves" you mean "literally center your entire life around worshiping and protecting them" I'm sure brets would be on board.
>>
>>46452077
well, they don't know they do that, do they?
for them Wood Elves are just creepy forest spirits and source of Wild Hunts that thin out peasant population.
>>
>>46445315
>the knee-jerk reaction you've had towards one single change.
If the one single change is stupid, I don't see how it's "knee-jerk". The fact that I hope they produce something cool doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they do.
And if an idea sucks balls and reeks of weapon wankery such as the spear change, you can bet I'm going to be sharing my thoughts.

I still haven't been given a reason why adding two (three, if we factor in what killing blow means in 9th) more rules to spears is better than just saying "+1S the turn they are charged".

>>46449494
If we're talking about technology, they should be getting cheaper, not more expensive. Designing in CAD is much more forgiving of mistakes and allows for large savings timewise.

>>46451542
I wouldn't consider a HE spear block "cheese". You just need to throw a dispel scroll when your opponent casts Ockham's Mindrazor to fuck them over, or flatten half the unit before it enters combat through war machines.
>>
File: Morathi humiliated.png (407 KB, 427x688) Image search: [Google]
Morathi humiliated.png
407 KB, 427x688
>>46452033
They kicked the shit out of Morathis forces and should have killed her right there, sparing us most of end times khaine. But then Ariel went full retard and ends up fucking over the wood elves for centuries
>>
>>46451824

Norsca is apparently capable of farming, everything north of that though I imagine is some form of hunter-gathering.

Orcs and Goblins I imagine are much the same, with the caveat that they'll also eat each other.

What you say about Bretonnia is why I imagine GW basically walked away from trying to give population numbers.

Funnily enough I think it was Priestly or someone else who said in an early 40k book that writers should refrain from giving concrete details on stuff like vehicles simply because they'll probably get it wrong and FW seemingly did this with at least one vehicle's armor in the first printings of Volume One and/or Two of Imperial Armor. FW still does give vehicle specifications, but I imagine now they're puffed up so that such a mistake doesn't happen again. I imagine that a lot of people just find such specifications being present cool and can't be damned if they translate into anything realistic, I sure don't.

>>46451995

I thought the Prince went to join the Wood Elves and it was the army sent by his father to reclaim him that was destroyed.

>>46451995

Araloth went to the defense of Yvresse for unknown reasons and the Wood Elves also came to Avelorn's defense.

>>46452068

Allisara was actually Ariel's sister.
>>
>>46452107
well, she was under Morathi's spell at the moment, no?

but I really like how Wood Elves got a moment of awesome, showing that they can get out of their forest and kick some major ass like no problem. I mean, it's freaking Naggaroth.
>>
>>46452077
Orion and the Wood Elves, each season, would launch massive "FUCK EVERYTHING" raiding invasions on the Brets killing thousands of Brets in an orgy of nature-based high impact violencwe. They were called the Wild Hunts.

The Brets finally got fed up with it and started to hate the Elves. The first High Elven diplomats that Ariel told to fuck off and trapped in the forest for decades were mistaken by a vengeful Bret army for Woof Elves and burned at the stake. This is how much the Brets started hating on the Wood Elves.

After Ariel was cured from her madness, she directed her people to making amends for their cruelty against the lesser races. Eventually, the Brets started to accept the Wood Elbes again as their allies. However, the Dwarfs, despite the Wood Elves trying their best to help them out, never forgave the Wood Elves. They never even removed a single grudge. In fact, in one event the Slayer King turned on the Wood Elves after they helped in a battle. He saw it as a chance to settle his people's grudges on the elusive wood elves. This would lead to a war that would see the Wood Elves besieging his hold.
>>
>>46452107
>They kicked the shit out of Morathis forces

Only because Malekith did not help her out because he discovered that she murdered his waifu.

And she got her revenge, The darkness she corrupted Ariel with, haunted the Wood Elves until the end of days causing much suffering.
>>
>>46452101

By technology I meant more how the pieces are laid out on the sprue, it's my understanding that something which comes in multiple pieces is more expensive than something which is just one solid piece. The Liberators in the AoS starter set seem to be at least three piece models like Space Marine Tacticals in starter sets used to be.

>>46452107

Morathi was also cornered by Shadow Warriors at one point and for some reason they were killed by Dryads.

>>46452141

Ariel ended up resorting to darker magics to uncover her sister's killer and as a result this apparently caused a stain upon her soul that left her open to the lure of power Morathi promised.
>>
>>46451829
Problem is the closest Dwarves to the Bretonnians are at Karak Hirn, and there's still a pretty large forest between them and the Bretonnians.

Also I imagine the Brets would laugh because the Dwarves don't ride horses and use unchivalrous things like guns and canons.

>Ha ha, monsieur, even your stunty legs could allow you to ride a pony, no?
>Another one for the list.
>Why does it sound so ominous when you say that?
>>
>>46452475
>Why doth it soundeth so ominous when sayeth thou that?
fixed that for you
>>
Are Warrior Priests all crazed fanatics, or are they more like paladins - i.e. they can range from stupid zealots to actually kind and honourable champions?
>>
>>46452475
I doubt that. As long as they are talking to a Thane/King (i.e. a noble), they'd be perfectly polite and chivalrious. You gotta treat nobles well, even if said noble is three feet tall, or is a bloodsucking undead monstrosity.
>>
>>46452501
i think its more of the "some are zealots some cool honourable dudes" thing
>>
>>46452210
>it's my understanding that something which comes in multiple pieces is more expensive than something which is just one solid piece.
Not really. Essentially it comes down to time invested in choosing where the mold lines will go (and CAD makes this very easy (I know, I do 3d stuff for a living)) and amount of material used. Which if you aren't making one piece models should be less, since you can leave empty space inside (like the multi part space marines). Furthermore, the more you refine a process the easier to work with it should be, thus lowering costs.

There really isn't an argument technology wise for the increase in price while getting less models. If anything we should get more for the same price (if we only consider technology).
>>
File: dig.png (5 MB, 2101x2100) Image search: [Google]
dig.png
5 MB, 2101x2100
Why do so many 3rd parties love dwarves?
>>
>>46452543
1) take less material, being half the height of a normal dude
2) less detail, 'cos up to half the surface can be hair
3) dwarfs are sorta cool. not as cool as elves or undead or dark evil warriors, but still cool.
>>
File: headcannon.png (137 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
headcannon.png
137 KB, 1024x1024
What's your headcanon that you stick to and don't give shit about nay-sayers?
>>
>>46452557
>not as cool as elves
>>
>>46450254
I don't think Dwarfs would have problems allying with Lizards except rangers ; even if just allies of convenience.
Any lore mention of them teaming up?
>>
>>46452606
that alliance would last up to the point Dwarf learn the it was Lizardmen who destroyed their Empire (ye, Skaven participated, but Skaven are already in teh book)

then Pestilens would be like "bearded niggas killed our job!"
>>
File: exodus.jpg (192 KB, 366x1220) Image search: [Google]
exodus.jpg
192 KB, 366x1220
>>46452585
Setting is stuck at 2500 and some lizardmen temples already started taking off the ground, some floating a few meters, others reorganizing on the globe and some taking position in orbit

Not to leave
>>
>>46452490
Right after 'monsieur' and 'no?' I was obviously going for Frenchy speak but didn't know enough Frenchiness to keep with it for the second line.
>>
>>46452538

Then I imagine it's simply a size thing, like I said before the entire Stormcast portion of the box is Terminator size or larger and Terminators have been $10 per model for some time now.

Could easily imagine everything on the Bloodbound side except for the Reavers is also Terminator size or larger.
>>
>>46452585
>world ain't dying
>gods of mortal are not powerless and are not dying. they very much alive and kicking.
>they are a bit more active in the affairs of mortals, but not much, because most of their powers are directed at battling Chaos on metaphysical levels
>they are actually dwell in their godly realm, not in mortal world. Flame of Ulric is just holy flame, not Ulric himself, Ariel and Orion are just demigods, not actual gods, Khaine's sword is just Khaine's sword, not spirit of Khaine himself
>Chaos is completely lovecraftian, incomprehensible and non-linear. Chaos Undivided is just a different PERSPECTIVE of Chaos, claiming that Chaos Gods don't even exist, and it's as valid as the one claiming they do.
>Chaos Gods are hard to define, but they are devoid of human personality, they are more like forces, intentions... whatever.
>When they do communicate or express some human goal or emotions, it is either (probably short-lived, though possibly not) slivers of them, that possess mortal intelligence, or it's just metaphorical
>planet is two-three times larger than Earth, making all realms quite a bit more epic in scale
>winds of magic blow strong enough

as of End Times, following has been added to my headcanon
>Nagash is back, though with much less impact or power. he's back in secret but lack power for open reveal (or Settra will hunt him down). Arkhan and Mannfred serve him.
>Nagash also raised Vlad, though Vlad told him to fuck off with his whole Undead Legion thing. the only reason Vlad hasn't given away his resurrection is because Vlad's honourable and sorta owes it Nagash for resurrecting him
>Sylvania is mildly torn between Vlad and Mannfred trying to undermine each other without resorting to open confrontation
>>
>>46452543
Do we have a source for decent elf infantry yet? I've been trying to salvage Mantic, but not to much success yet.
>>
>>46452851
don't Russian Alternative make some awesome elfs?
>>
>>46452107
>"And then I totally had her sister killed."
>"That's really cute, Morathi! What happened next?"
>"Then her stupid husband rampaged through Ulthuan for a while. Such a dummy!"
>"KNOCK-KNOCK!"
>"Uhm, who's there?"
>"TREEMAN>"
>*crushing noise*
>"Oh, hi Ariel! How's family?.."
>>
>>46452543
Besides what other anons said, GW dwarfs have consistently sucked ass with the odd exception here and there. So people who wanted to play the army has been looking for alternative models since forever.

>>46452656
But the terminator prices aren't justified either. They follow GW's pattern of "the rarer the model in your Force Org list, the more expensive". Just look at the prices of state troops, then greatswords, then witch elves.

It really is as easy as GW trying to get away with less for more (and achieving it?)
>>
>tfw when Chaos Gods are simply Vogons
>they destroyed the world simply because that was in the plan
>tfw when after an edition or two of AoS the magratheans will make a new old world and all will come back to normal
>>
>>46453015
>then witch elves

But bitch elves are troops
The only thing that would explain the price is being a double kit, but even then it's a ridiculous price tag

The forsaken were forsaken by both GW and the customers for the same reason
>>
>>46452704
Yes. Yes to pretty much all of this, especially the parts about the gods.

>>46452585
In addition to much of what anon said:
>greater daemons are the manifestations of all the aspects their particular chaos god, and in a sense that chaos god itself in a weird father, son and holy spirt type of way. except on a much grander scale. As such, the mortals rarely see the chaos pantheon as the big 4, but as countless gods who may or may not be aspects of a bigger god, depending on who you ask.
>greater daemons extremely varied in appearance, agenda and character. for instance, one bloodthirster may resemble a noble knight in shining red armor who only challenges worthy opponents, while another is little more than a beast in its berserk rampage
>The Order gods are in it, though they are almost as bad as the chaos gods
>mortal gods have their own "daemons" but they rarely send them into the world
>Mortal gods also have their own "chaos warriors/Ushabti" but these are rarer than the chaos counterparts
>Grail Knights are extremely powerful demigods numbering around 1000 spread throughout the old world. Ladys blessing renders them pretty much immune to unchivalrous attacks, all enemies must defeat them in close combat to win
>Ladys blessing makes regular brett knights a league above regular empire knights, and renders blackpowder weapons almost useless in their proximity.
>Lizardmen just found a bunch of important plaques and have begun studying their meanings
>Lizardmen armies appearing all over the world to fight against chaos and skaven. One battlefield the slann send their subjects to is Karak-eight peaks, since a new plaque revealed that hold needs to be in dwarfs hands for the great plan to work.
>Grimgor is leading the largest army of black orcs ever amassed under a single banner to conquer the Chaos dwarfs. Countless orcs, goblin and even ogre tribes join the fray, beginning the systematic, decades long destruction of the chaos dwarfs empire.
>>
File: 1414359865752.jpg (551 KB, 660x1020) Image search: [Google]
1414359865752.jpg
551 KB, 660x1020
>>46453051
Prices are based on a lot of things, how expensive the molds are and what the potential sales are make up a huge part of them.

It's also possible that things like dual kits are commissioned and produced in blocks, so "block 1" is made up of witch elves/ sisters and execs/ nigger guard.
>>
>>46453321
>Lizardmen armies appearing all over the world to fight against chaos and skaven. One battlefield the slann send their subjects to is Karak-eight peaks, since a new plaque revealed that hold needs to be in dwarfs hands for the great plan to work.
This sounds too much like a forceful injection tho
>>
File: MoreElves.jpg (106 KB, 569x627) Image search: [Google]
MoreElves.jpg
106 KB, 569x627
That-One-High-Elf-Loving-Dirtbag here again.

>>46449134

I actually like the idea of Tyrion losing the influence of Khaine since the Widowmaker has a way of fucking over anyone that touches it, all the way back to Anareon. Whether or not I'd say he's genuinely the right guy to lead the High Elves after all the shit has calmed down, I'm not sure I'd agree there.

>>46451556

As far as I know, Morathi being into Chaos at any point is mostly implicit. The goddesses she mostly fixates on, and in turn the Dark Elves (she is ultimately responsible for the creation of the Dark Elves as a separate entity), the Cytharai, or darker half of the pantheon. Morathi is all about Atharti, the goddess of Pleasure and Seduction, and Hekarti, the sister goddess of Atharti and patron of dark magic. It's not out of the question that she might side with Chaos, but it comes across as if she has only ever been interested in Chaos as a means to an end, rather than caring about the Chaos gods in any real way. The dark Elven gods are her true patrons.
>>
how do you see the "Prince" in "Daemon Prince"
is it
>Prince, Son of King
or
>Prince, ruler of Principality, synonymous to Duke
?

(i personally see it as second, Daemon Princes being expys of Dukes of Chaos from Moorcock)
>>
>>46453817
They're a Daemonic Prince.
They're not independant, oh no the Chaos Gods have far too tight a leash on them.
Nah, they're a scion of the Gods.
>>
>>46443872
Guy who first proposed it here.

Basically, tons of norscans lose faith in the chaos gods, take up Sigmar and Ulric as their new warrior gods.

Beowulf-like figure becomes an ally of the Empire like Kislev because the new Norscans are suddenly not raiding their shores and now seem reasonable-ish.

Queue Norscan skalds and other heroes showing up around the Empire.
>>
>>46454248
Also how to do the new Norscan army.

>Marauders, Exalted hero ( as a lord and without chaos armor or marks ) Marauder horsemen and Chariots ( again without chaos armor ) added to Empire list.

>Exalted hero may buy plate armor. Marauders may buy heavy armor.

>No access to chaos gifts

>Eye of the gods replaced with Hatred (Monsters)

>Marks of chaos now replaced with disciples of the elder gods.

>Discipline of Ulric: Immunity to "Always strikes last"

>Discipline of Taal: Foreststrider

>Discipline of Tor: Grant the Lightning special skill Dragon Ogres have

>Discipline of Ursun: Devastating charge
>>
>>46454376
>Marauders special unless Exalted hero is general.

>Horsemen special

>Chariots Rare

What do people think?
>>
File: The Empire.jpg (835 KB, 1596x1024) Image search: [Google]
The Empire.jpg
835 KB, 1596x1024
>>46451565
>>46451726
Speaking of, Is there anything like a real name for the Empire? Just calling it 'the Empire' is stupid. Is it officially named 'The Holy Sigmar Empire' or something with a proper noun?
>>
When people say:
>Aos Models are priced higher because you need less models to play the game :^)
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is the most retarded statement I've heard in my life.

The entire point of needing less models to play the game is that it's cheaper, not the same fucking price.

And how the fuck is that a justification anyway?

>It's ok that this plastic is far more expensive because you need less of it to have fun

That is possibly the most retarded pricing point any company could ever conceive.
>>
>>46454493
there're not many empires around, kingdoms at best, different empires are on the other side of the globe
>>
>>46454535
it's actually a very nice loop. were I not interested in WHFB, i'd admire it.
>>
File: Sigmar Triumphant.jpg (332 KB, 417x635) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar Triumphant.jpg
332 KB, 417x635
>>46454557
That's a debatable point based on how you define an empire (for example, the Bretonnian lands are fairly imperial, in that it's a large area with culturally distinct people under a single supreme authority), but my problem is that no one calls their civilization 'the Empire' or 'the Kingdom' or 'the Nation.' Even if their name originally derives from their word for people, it has taken on a new meaning as it becomes a proper noun and a mark of identity. The idea that Sigmar named his new country after an abstract political organizational structure, let alone that they still today use a word meaning that structure in Reikspiel instead of whatever word Sigmar used 2500 years ago, is pants-on-head retarded.
>>
>>46454535
It works only from the point of view of a customer that doesn't question quality per price
>>
>>46454688
>Bretonnian lands are fairly imperial
i'm pretty sure they are fairly Bretonnian
i'm also pretty sure they'd get offesne at your words
>>
File: Bretonnian Knight vs Undead.jpg (173 KB, 931x1210) Image search: [Google]
Bretonnian Knight vs Undead.jpg
173 KB, 931x1210
>>46454710
Small i means big difference.
>>
What would be the Swiss Confederacy/Swiss Mercenaries of the Old World? Part of me thinks Marienburg, but I kinda figure Marienburg is more the Hanseatic League, no?
>>
>>46454790
Hi, I hear you need some people stabbed and are willing to pay to make it happen?
>>
>>46454811
Tilea's Italy, though.
>>
>>46454828
And also land of people who stab pikes into things for money
>>
>>46454688
The point though is that in absence of other parts that compete by name there comes no real need for a specific identity; our world has passed through a way different context than the isolated one of the warhammer world, the empire looked like a big deal in this sense and remained the biggest and strongest one of the old world, practically alone.

But then again I'm seeing kingdoms like the nehekarian and the bretonnian different in title, formation and administration, I guess you're right: it's debatable.

But isn't it also referred to as empire of sigmar?
>>
File: Dwarves at Karak Eight Peaks.jpg (341 KB, 1145x1620) Image search: [Google]
Dwarves at Karak Eight Peaks.jpg
341 KB, 1145x1620
>>46454828
It's a bunch of pseudo-independent states with a strong mercenary tradition, what more do you want? There's no space in the mountains for a bunch of chocolate-making watch-fuckers, they're full up with ale-making watch-fuckers.
>>
>>46454843
Italy!
>>
>>46454870
I just realized the real reason for Warhammer's grimdarkness, for the grumpiness and ferocity of most races, and for many races sending at least expeditions into Lustria is the fact there's no chocolate in Warhammer

can't have happiness without chocolate
>>
>>46454493
>we´re the Empire
>we´re the United States

It´s kinda dumb, but somewhat charming in a self centered way.
>>
>>46454688

its called The Empire of Sigmar you dumb breton peasant.
>>
>>46454493
>>46454961
it's actually pretty common
>United States
>United Kingdom
>Rzechpospolita
>Commonwealth
>>
>>46454955
>we´re the United States

To be fair, that's just shortened from the United States of America. The Empire is sadly just the Empire.
>>
File: 1459101235550.png (48 KB, 192x186) Image search: [Google]
1459101235550.png
48 KB, 192x186
>>46454955
>>46455007
>United States of America
>United Kingdom of Great Briton and Northern Ireland
>Rzeczpospolita Polska
>Commonwealth of Nations, formerly the British Commonwealth (which is not a country, it's barely a social club)

I'm fine 'the Empire' as shorthand, but it doesn't make sense as a full name.
>>46454860
>>46454961
>The Empire of Sigmar

Thank you for that. Do you know where it says that? I can recall people saying that in the fluff, but not clearly specifying it as the official name.
>>
File: Sorry.gif (791 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
Sorry.gif
791 KB, 245x245
>>46455123
*Great Britain, rather, though it does have some great Britons
>>
File: didn't ask for chocolate.png (202 KB, 336x494) Image search: [Google]
didn't ask for chocolate.png
202 KB, 336x494
>>46454953
>no chocolate

That's because adventurers never asked for our food
>>
File: pepe slann.png (127 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pepe slann.png
127 KB, 600x600
>>46455187
>Xtchoc
>Xt choc
lizardmen confirmed for having chocolate
>>
File: LaughingBeardedMan.jpg (12 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
LaughingBeardedMan.jpg
12 KB, 252x240
>>46455187
>How do the New Ones spawn?

Gold.

What codex is this from?
>>
>>46455276
first armybook of the lizardmen (5th edition), there are some short stories of outsiders interacting with the lizards, these are snippets from the one with marco columbo.

You wouldn't believe in what language the skinks spoke to him the first time.
>>
>>46455276
>Codex
Greetings, reddit.
>>
>>46455355
Got my stuff mixed up there for a second.

Hey, even the actual writers do it from time to time.
>>
File: gw-99020299001.jpg (173 KB, 920x950) Image search: [Google]
gw-99020299001.jpg
173 KB, 920x950
who remembers this gem? It made campaigns at my lgs so much better, I'm sad I never bought a copy myself. I still have the WD special river fork tiles...
>>
>>46455398
A friend has a virgin set of these in a cupboard.

Problem is that he also has a colossal pile of untouched plastic in cupboards, so I don't think he'd ever use it.
>>
>>46455398
is there a pdf for the rules around? it doesn't seem to be in the links in the OP
>>
>>46455333
Instead of more of this we will only have AoS try hard lore from GW. What other games do you guys play btw?
>>
>>46455450
steal it

sell it to me

he'd never know
>>
File: Gob-Lobber.jpg (813 KB, 1085x1600) Image search: [Google]
Gob-Lobber.jpg
813 KB, 1085x1600
>>46455187
>Huinipachulti

Where have all the good names gone? Why does GW no longer want to have fun?
>>
>>46455612

what a stupid and silly name, stop being a grognard
>>46426777
ghorddro, asphyxia and whole archipelagos named after bulls of the shillands are obviously better examples of good creativity with names
>>
File: 1459248571028.jpg (43 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1459248571028.jpg
43 KB, 600x600
>>46455479
The rules were pretty bad

>>46455398
I'm painting mine this week
>>
>>46454451
>>46454376
Works for me! But how competitive would Marauders be versus taking knights? And why include chariots?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.