[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: 1457447419642.jpg (182 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457447419642.jpg
182 KB, 1280x720
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

I hate April Fool's Day Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>http://pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6

Ultimate Intrigue leaks:
>classes: http://imgur.com/a/tlwEX
>feats: http://imgur.com/a/PA4eT
>items: http://imgur.com/a/RzJiF

Old Thread: >>46396842
>>
First for Warder best class
>>
>>46405434

Where did it all go so wrong for Paizo, lads? Rise of the Runelords was kinda basic but Curse of the Crimson Throne really showed promise for not just the company, but Golarion as a setting.

Was it the wombo combo of Legacy of Fire/Council of Thieves that did it in?
>>
File: tumblr_ny9fkwJPcW1qzwtdlo1_500.jpg (139 KB, 500x656) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny9fkwJPcW1qzwtdlo1_500.jpg
139 KB, 500x656
Are you ready for the flood of interest in Dark Souls and Dark Souls-style content after the release of DS3 next week?
>>
>>46404582
Ah, the downsides of being packrats for thirty years. I dropped the accumulated cruft from my setting. Demons (left-wing fiends) and devils (right-wing fiends) are the radical extremists of their respective political parties. Since neutrality (defined as balance, harmony, centrism, etc) is logically good, it doesn't have a fiend associated with it.
>>
>>46405540
Man, I've been there for a while now. I just need to stat up more monsters to throw into my WotR game.
>>
Is there any easy way to pick up the mount feature of another class without having to level dip? I'd like to put my warder on a horse and zoom around using golden lion extra moves / allied (mounts are allies) attacks, primal fury charges, iron turtle counters and drop broken blade for silver crane.

Failing an easy way to pick up a mount feature, should I just buy a rideable dinosaur or something?
>>
>>46405605
Use the Hussar class template from PoW:E it literally does exactly that.
>>
>>46405481
When they started doing more pandering, and when they thought they new better then their fans and drove away most the ones that weren't fanatics.
Also when they got big heads over making a set of house rules that never adressed the core problem with the system as a whole but some how thought that gave them insight into how to make a fun game.
Hiring people that have no business in game design. Like the moron that thought because he couldn't do something that it should be impossible to do.
Nerfing things that made martial able to do well, while keeping casters at status quo because of realism.
Suffice to say they are deluded in their understanding of what a fantasy game is, and try too hard to make it 'realistic' over balanced.
>>
>>46405593

What kinda monsters do you have already, anon?

Do you have a valiant Looking Glass Knight?
>>
I'm looking at some of the names in this thread, and some of them could actually work as fantasy RPG names. Imagine that.
>>
>>46405605
You could always just buy a horse. It's not going to be as good as a class feature mount, but just dipping is going to wind up with something about the same level anyway.
>>
>>46405651
>When they started doing more pandering, and when they thought they new better then their fans and drove away most the ones that weren't fanatics.

But when did that *happen*, anon? That's what I'm ultimately asking here, what would you say is the exact moment Paizo went from "pretty cool" to "what the fuck."

Or was it such a gradual process that you can't figure it out? Or the terribleness came in stages, such as the fluff dying one month, and mechanics dying in another?
>>
>>46405605
There is a trait that gives you a free light warhorse, doesn't come with the mount stuff though. But replacing it is marginaly cheaper then buying a new light warhorse.
Other then that, Omen rider gets a nifty mount, and you can use traits/traditions to swap around disciplines to get what you want.
Or go with Hussar.
>>
File: DaS PONCHO.png (88 KB, 302x187) Image search: [Google]
DaS PONCHO.png
88 KB, 302x187
>>46405540
>started playing dark souls 1 earlier this year and really enjoying it
>already looked at how to port something similar to my DS playstyle into Pathfinder thank you PoW for bushi brutal stalker
>mfw if I go into a game and want to just use a screenshot of my DS character for a character reference I'll feel like a bandwagoning faggot
>mfw if I compile something and beg a drawfag to draw it, someone will probably recognize where the inspiration of the drawing comes from and call me a bandwagoning faggot

Yet another reason to put another character on the shelf for later.
>>
>>46405697
It was gradual, the farther back a release is the better it is generally.
>>
>>46405653
Currently the Wheel Skeleton and the Black Katana Skeleton from Demon's Souls. I might also throw in some enemy Hunters.

LGK might be pretty good too, I think there's a spell that almost perfectly replicates the summoning aspect.
>>
>>46405680
I do work as a genealogical researcher and let me fucking tell you, old censuses are the best place to find new character names.
>>
>>46405761
Where can one find old censuses? Character names are always hard yo.
>>
>>46405760

You know what would be a cool boss battle?

The Royal Rat Authority and Royal Rat Vanguard.

One's a huge-sized disgusting plague rat, the other one's a hidden boss spawning an endless amount of dangerous allies.
>>
>>46405728
Honestly, outside of a few weapons, none of Dark Souls combat feels anything PoW at all.

Outside of things like the moveset of Artorias' sword (And even kinda then) It's all very basic, simple, and understated.
>>
>>46405779
familysearch.org has a free database, ancestry.com is paid but they do a free trial and to the best of my knowledge they're still free to use at public libraries. They're also easier to use, but that matters less if you're just looking for names instead of a specific person.
>>
>>46405801
Yeah, but
>Wrath of the Righteous
So I can't really dump a lot of extra bosses in there. Hence why I'm mostly going for mooks.

On the other hand, in the post-campaign I could use some interim bosses before the Psycho Rangers wake up Mhar
>>
Is Diamond Tipped Feathers as good as it looks?

It honestly looks like one of the best, if not best counter in the game.
>>
>>46405849

Demonic rats infused with plague energy sounds like a staple for the Worldwound, anon-kun.

You could even have Veldstat as a corrupted holy warrior in a ruined temple, wielding the cathedral bell on a wooden pillar.
>>
>>46405892
Very valid points anon-chan. I'll have to look into it.
>>
>>46405823
I was less looking at "FANCY SWORD TECHNIQUES" and more at "actually capable of mechanically doing things with a similar theme". I COULD play a two-handed rogue and do what I want... Or I could play a brutal slayer archetyped stalker and get to do what I want and then some.

Normal martials get almost NOTHING cool or useful, and don't feel very dark souls. PoW martials get WAY more cool things than dark souls, but that just means you have more wiggle room.
>>
>>46405634
>>46405694
>>46405720
Thanks, hadn't seen anything about that. I may just ask my GM if I can gestalt paladin / warder though. It doesn't up my power too dramatically.
>>
File: 1383863490241.jpg (339 KB, 710x508) Image search: [Google]
1383863490241.jpg
339 KB, 710x508
>>46405945
>Very valid points anon-chan. I'll have to look into it.

Duuuuuuuude, before you light the midnight oil and get to work on integrating that stuff, might I add another idea?

Burnt Ivory King.

A noble soul that built a kingdom atop a rift into Literal Hell, and with the aid of his righteousness stoppered the outpouring of demonic energies. He comes across a child of darkness and pure evil and, instead of snuffing her out, comes to love her even though he knew her nature.

He eventually sucuumbs to the corruption of the rift, and now his redeemed wife-turned-oracle begs the party to slay the former king's body so his soul can pass into the afterlife.

That's so Wrath of the Righteous you can change everything about Book 5 from "Iomedae tells you to rescue her herald" to "OC-Oracle begs the party to slay the Not!Ivory King."
>>
>>46405975
It only doesn't feel Dark Souls because you can't see it and it's abstracted to hell and back.
>>
File: bueno.jpg (47 KB, 546x366) Image search: [Google]
bueno.jpg
47 KB, 546x366
>>46406062
Stop giving me ideas man, some of my players come on here I'm totally using that one though
>>
>>46406062

What would the Burnt Ivory King even be?

Large Human (Advanced) Warlord 15 focusing on Scarlet Throne and Elemental Flux?
>>
File: gg-lillet-blan1.jpg (72 KB, 500x1000) Image search: [Google]
gg-lillet-blan1.jpg
72 KB, 500x1000
Hi /pfg/!
I started DMing a Second Darkness just yesterday (whole group has a boner for drows), and this is the group (1pp only)

Arcanist (School Savant - Illusion)
Warpriest (Champion of the Faith - Sun Blessing)
Ranger (Deep Walker)
Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)

But, i'm here to ask what i should expect from the illusionist, as a DM.
pretty obviously it wont be focused on damage, but what else? Does an illusionist specialize in combat negation, fight/battlefield control, or anything else?
>>
>>46406097
Admittedly, I'm also a total fucking pussy in dark souls and died about the same amount as I usually do in a new game. The only thing in 1pp that really looks like it gives me even half as much "agile motherfucker dodging around looking for an opening", of all classes is the magus.

It's probably also a bit of preference.
>>
File: Samurai1.jpg (89 KB, 600x952) Image search: [Google]
Samurai1.jpg
89 KB, 600x952
>>46406165
>>46406097
What does it even matter if it's not really Dark Souls-y? It's still cool and interesting, and that's the important part.
>>
>>46406137
Pretty much that, and maybe a bit of Cursed Razor or Shattered Mirror to spice it up.
>>
>April Augmented
>medic class

Wait, what?
>>
>>46405605
Nature Soul and Animal Ally feats to get an animal companion at level -3. You can pick a horse.
>>
>>46406137
>sword buff
Could be any number of things, from a spell to a boost. Probably a spell, it sticks around for a while.
>multiple slashes
Full attacking. Maybe give him some way to do a cleave-style thing so he can hit everything around him.
>jumping attack
Jumping charge, so Branch Pounce plus a jump boost of some kind.
>sliding slash into jump attack
Maybe a refluffed overrun into Vicious Stomp/AoO?
>charging stab
Charging stab into Hamatula Strike grapple
>crystal pillar
No idea on that one, looks like a spell would fit but a maneuver would also be good. Maybe Amulet of Quaking Strikes.
>>
>>46406364
Someone on GitP figured it out: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20612295&postcount=5
>>
File: I NEED IT.gif (933 KB, 220x250) Image search: [Google]
I NEED IT.gif
933 KB, 220x250
>>46406410
>Path of War combat Medic class
>>
>>46406140
In combat, usually battlefield control. A good illusionist will make illusory creatures or walls to trick enemies into funneling into the party's melee characters.

Of course, this will depend on how good the player actually is at it, since a lot of battlefield illusion is being able to play the bluffing game of "is that enemy real or not".
>>
>Madman

How practical is this archetype?
>>
>>46406522
Well it's entire thing is being ultra MAD, you can't dump anything with it because you apply all of them to different things.
>>
>>46406522
no
>>
>>46406522
A 14 in every stat is effectively an 18 in each stat, and then it has some decent utility and mobility options. Better than a normal monk, seems competent enough.
>>
Kineticist is so bluntly stupid, yet so tempting
>>
I'm building a kensai magus and considering a single level dip into Inspired Blade swashbuckler.It's for a level 12 game, so I'll end up with Inspired Blade 1/Kensai 11.

>No, you fool, caster level

I know, I know, thou shalt not give up caster level. But I'm already more optimized than everyone else and I'm already going to lead in DPR no matter what, so I'm basically looking to play a badass swordsman with some magic flavoring.

What do you think, /pfg/?
>>
File: stepladder2.jpg (50 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
stepladder2.jpg
50 KB, 1024x768
>>46406611
Rolling for no trabble
>>
>>46405823
That's because dark souls treats its martials like... Martials, unless they're enemies or you've got a magic weapon. And the casters are blasters.

I think certain things like counters could easily work for dodges & parries.
>>
http://pastebin.com/Fwh9VXTX

Posting builds that piss people off.
>>
>>46406624
>swashbuckler
>ever
Why? Be a cavalier or something if you really have to. Swift action clashes between swash/magus are terrible.
>>
>>46406611
Play a Spheres of Power character instead.
>>
>>46406395
Thank you, this is very helpful.
>>
>>46406611
You can actually do some neat things with Kineticists like go really fucking fast.
>>
>>46406708
You can also take Boon Companion to negate the -3, but it costs another feat.

>>46406724
REEEEE BUILDPOSTER
>>
>>46406724
>Harbinger
>>
>>46406677

Because I'm already using a rapier, and having a regenerating panache pool based on INT and free Weapon Finesse/Focus is more useful than using a magus arcana and my non-regenerating arcane pool for deeds. (My DM doesn't allow wyroot bullshit, so that's not a workaround here.)
>>
>>46406732
>REEEEE BUILDPOSTER
I'm not saying it's good, but there are some neat things you can do with it. It's not as bad as /pfg/ wants it to be. That by no means makes it good, but it has a few niches it can handle well enough. Upper tier 5 or very low tier 4 in my opinion.

So certainly not good, but not core-monk tier bad.
>>
>>46406724
You could also play an Aegis, go EVEN FUCKING FASTER and not be garbage while you're at it.

If your Astral Skin doesn't turn your skin red, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>46406761
Gambler is playable.
>>
>>46406733
Kineticists go faster than harbingers can hope to. They can top out at like a sustainable 150 miles per hour if built correctly. It's silly as hell.
>>
>>46406611
Play the DSP JoJo kineticist.
>>
>>46406747
Ok but you could at least go daring champion cavalier and be a straight upgrade to swashbuckler.
>>
So I've been getting a total Exalted vibe from some DSP stuff now that I look at things again.

Like, Unquiet Grave has a serious Abyssal Hero Style vibe to it, complete with the "magical martial arts stances make you look like some freaky undead" thing.

Anybody else notice the same thing?
>>
File: Spin.jpg (137 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Spin.jpg
137 KB, 720x405
>>46405823
>he hasn't seen the DS3 Weapon Skills
>he hasn't seen footage of fighting Yhorm the Giant alongside Seigward of Catarina using the Storm King Sword
>he hasn't seen Oroboro spamming PvP using the Abyss Watcher's Sword run attack
>he hasn't seen the Soul of Cinder fight and freaked out when the piano kicked in
>>
>>46406851
"High level characters have thematically appropriate abilities" isn't really unique to Exalted, anon.
>>
File: 1442190675946.png (84 KB, 599x717) Image search: [Google]
1442190675946.png
84 KB, 599x717
>>46406062
>>46405801
>>46405760

Hey... Lads... This makes me wonder.

What are some Pathfinder APs that work really well if you inject a little of the ole Dark Souls magic into it? Wrath of the Righteous sounds like it's a candy land of Dark Souls bosses, but what about Jade Regent? Curse of the Crimson Throne?

Yes yes I know, Sir Alonne would be godly for Jade Regent.
>>
File: 131.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>46406857

STOP WITH THE SPOILERS STOP THEM PLEASE.

THIS IS MY SANCTUARY FROM /V/ AS I WAIT LIKE A GOOD LITTLE ASCETIC FOR DARK SOULS 3 TO RELEASE.

DON'T DO THIS TO ME MAN.
>>
>>46406811

Okay, I'm seeing that it would take 4 levels of Daring Champion before I get the benefits from one level of Inspired Blade. And no free Weapon Focus or INT-based panache. Using CHA in place of INT for feats is exactly the opposite of what I need because magus.

I get that Daring Champion is an improvement over swashbuckler as a whole, but for a single level dip to support 11 levels of magus? What am I not seeing here?
>>
Gelatinous cube waifu when?
>>
>>46406851
Honestly I think the current disciplines are odd with their flavor. They try and be species agnostic, which seems odd. It should be nationality/species specific in their creation and development.

Looking at real world martial arts you can see how they grow and evolve, budding off of one another.

Honestly I just want a Goblin and Fey discipline.
>>
>>46406857
>spoiling the game
Kill yourself, or go back to /v/ if you really hate yourself.
>>
>>46406931
Never gonna happen. They don't have a setting to write in, so they don't have nationalities or species to write about.

That's for us to fluff our own games with.
>>
>>46406929
Man honestly I feel bad from before when I was talking about my AP and got in an argument with half of /pfg/ about character death. I ended up apologizing for being so confrontational.

Worst bit is I just wanted to talk about waifus when I showed up, responded to a post badly, and things spiraled from there.
>>
>>46406931
They're designed that way. The intention is that a DM should absolutely incorporate the disciplines into their setting however they please. Most of the fluff in PoW books is suggestions, not hard-coded gospel.
>>
>>46406956
The thing is they create fluff though with their martial traditions. There is clear fluff and large organizations involved.
>>
>>46407015
But what about the martial traditions.
>>
>>46406929
Half-slimes are actually a super interesting race.

Most are the result of wizards.

They have cartilaginous skeletons and squishy organs, so they're basically part human part ferret in terms of their ability to get literally anywhere.
>>
>>46406958
Why does everything have to be about you?
>>
>>46406890
Mummy's Mask might be good. It doesn't fit the aesthetic of DaS, but the overall design of badass ancient warriors in even more ancient ruins filled with traps could fit pretty well.

Would Skulls and Shackles work? Maybe not as crews, but various island adventures or something.
>>
File: Slime8.jpg (150 KB, 969x901) Image search: [Google]
Slime8.jpg
150 KB, 969x901
>>46407041
Same deal. I'm pretty sure there's even a blurb that says "These traditions are just a suggestion. Feel free to use them as a template for making your own!" or something along those lines.

>>46407046
picture related?
>>
>>46406890

Imagine fighting Aava, The King's Pet in Reign of Winter.

Large Ice Tiger with spellcasting.

Or you fight Aava in Jade Regent while traveling over the Crown of the World.
>>
>>46406611
Well alright then, Jackie Chan.
>>
>>46407116
Only semi related. They have bones and organs, their flesh is generally not transparent (or 'drippy'), but it is highly malleable. If they were to say lay completely still while flat on their back might 'puddle' down to about 1/4-1/8th their 'thickness' over an extended period, but this generally doesn't happen often during the course of normal activity as moving around keeps them 'human shaped' through muscle action. Only really comes into play when they're trying to squeeze through stuff.

Can't remember their racial bonuses off hand as I've seen a few templates. Generally they get +'s to con and dex, -'s to cha, low light vision, the ability to squeeze through unusually tight spaces (6-8in) while wearing light or no armor.

Tend to favor rogues & 'sneaky' light armoured classes.
>>
>>46407394
Oh, forgot racial bonus to escape artist checks. Manacles and ropes and stuff just really don't work well on them.
>>
>>46407436
Defense vs grapple too I'd hope.
>>
>>46407090
That's the theme of today, isn't it?
>>
>>46407394
>perform (contortion)

Half slime bard waifu here we go!
>>
>>46406210
Because... Dark Soulsiness was the topic at hand? If you cared to pay attention to the discussion?
>>
>>46407461
That'd be covered by the escape artist skill itself as you can use it in place of a CMD for grapple.

From what it sounds like this race would probably come out with a +8 racial to escape artist and would need some solid ruling on their malleable form (counts as 2 sizes smaller when attempting to escape artist through spaces?)
>>
Do you guys think Fencing Grace will be next on the chopping block after what happened to Slashing Grace? I'm worried that Dex to Damage TWF is going to die.
>>
>>46408302
Considering Slashing Grace was rendered useless by DSP's version, it shouldn't matter.
>>
>>46408302
Well even if that does happen, there's always URogue and Agile I guess.
>>
File: UIFencingGrace.jpg (87 KB, 315x238) Image search: [Google]
UIFencingGrace.jpg
87 KB, 315x238
>>46408302
Yes.
>>
File: UI fencing grace.png (551 KB, 731x950) Image search: [Google]
UI fencing grace.png
551 KB, 731x950
>>46408302
I hate to tell you bub but...
>>
>you will never use your Mesmerist powers to convince someone that you have, in fact, served them your entire life
>you will never earn their trust by waiting on them hand and foot
>you will never betray them at the most opportune moment and acquire everything they own

Why even live?
>>
>>46408377
kek got cucked by 23 seconds

>>46408344
>HURR DURR 3PP IS UNIVERSAL
Fuck off, faggot, we don't live in an ideal world.
>>
File: 1459306084088.jpg (168 KB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
1459306084088.jpg
168 KB, 1240x1754
>>46408397
Because there's bigger, better, more spectacular ways to take everything they've ever wished for away from them before their eyes.

Their pressure-imploded, flash-seared eyes.
>>
>>46408372
>>46408377
Fucking PFSRD updating one and not the other
>>
Has anyone played a male kitsune? I'm thinking bloodrager all his supernatural shit comes from being a fey fox being.
>>
>>46408414
>pointlessly being a bitch
Wow Cecelia, is it that time of the month already?
>>
>>46408421
>Kitsune Bloodrager
Is he retardedly obsessed with becoming an autocrat and covers all his stuff in spirals?
>>
>>46408434
>name
Sulsul! Plerg majah bliff?
>>
>>46408372
>>46408377
Eh, I'd allow it with TWF, this is just another case of "martials can't have nice things" bullshit.
>>
Are there any spells that help with stealing things or with the Steal combat maneuver?
>>
>>46408421
Yep, although he was a Mysterious Stranger Gunslinger who stayed in human form constantly, because he certainly was not a magical fox who had stolen a handgun and was trying to figure out how to make more of them. No sir. That would just be silly.
>>
>>46408472
Disintegrate
>>
>>46408421
Who the fuck can ever care about kitsune again, now that the ultimate playable race has finally been released?

I'm talkin about the cube...
>>
>>46408469
I think it's more Paizo realizing the natural mechanics left out the most important fighting style there is, so they have to force exclusive feats as hard as possible.
>>
>>46408421
last thread someone said they were playing a male kitsune sorcerer I think, so there are definitely male kitsune out there.
>>
>>46408494
That's stupid. Absolutely retarded.
Instead of just making one fighting style more attractive, they nerfed everything else
>>
>>46408472
Reach Spell and Apport Object?
>>
>>46408472
Gee anon I don't know if only there were some sort of database that let you search a list of spells for certain keywords
>>
>>46408397
Memory-altering magic is worse than murder. Let me explain.

When you alter a person's memories, you alter their behaviour thereon and forevermore, which in turn alters the choices they will make, the things they will say, and essentially the person they become. These changes persist beyond death, meaning that even the soul of the individual, unless somehow cleansed of this mental influence, will forever be different from the person they were before. Their eternal existence after death, which we will assume they have given that this is Pathfinder and all, will be as another being entirely. Thus, when you change someone's memories, not only do you kill the person they were before, you destroy that person's eternal soul.

In the Lawful Neutral nation my game is mainly set in, punishment or restitution for crimes is always equal to the pain inflicted by the crime itself. Memory alteration is one of the gravest crimes in existence there, and is punished by having the caster's mind completely erased, then sentenced to work menial jobs in public places to serve as a warning to any spellcasters who would dare commit such a heinous act.

Of course, all of this applies only to my own game. I just think it's an interesting approach to magical crime and punishment, and the nature of the mind and soul.
>>
>>46408562

Okay I legit don't know what that is. Is that on the SRD? Help me out Helen.
>>
>>46408521
Yes.
>>
File: xufaPCs.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
xufaPCs.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>46408537
Huh. That's actually an intriguing combination, given that Apport Object doesn't specify that it has to be an "unattended" object like most object-oriented spells do.

I think you could actually use that like the STEAAAAL ability in Konosuba, albeit with any magic items getting a Will saving throw. The only real limitation is that you'd need to have line of effect/line of sight.
>>
>>46408595
http://archivesofnethys.com/Search.aspx
>>
>>46408591
You're forgetting the part where you can (if you toss in an alignment change) also make them forever hate and/or regret much of what they've done up to this point. Adds in a whole layer of destroying everything they've ever stood for and/or perverting their legacies too.
>>
>>46408624

Thanks.
>>
>>46408472

Pilfering Hand?
>>
File: 1458304228235.png (19 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1458304228235.png
19 KB, 245x245
>>46408521
Welcome to Paizo.
And can you believe there are cum-stained grognards in this thread that would defend their shit?
>>
>>46408681
Proof? Are you one of those?
>>
>>46408701
Fuck no. I wish Paizo goes under. Maybe we'll have a less retarded company that doesn't habitually shit over martial classes and builds.
>>
>>46408723
Interesting note on martials, somebody on their forums posted a thread just a couple of days back asking why there aren't any legendary swordsmen in Golarion, or if there were they're all dead, and all the big players are wizards or clerics or other spellcasters. They posted in the thread saying that Inner Sea Combat should have some of the legendary swordsmen the person wanted. So somebody went and looked through the book, and found that the highest level legendary swordsman was more or less a 12th level pirate.
>>
>>46407782
Compression universal ability
>>
>>46406611
yo
>>
>>46406611
NO TRABBLE
>>
>>46406611
WITNESSED
>>
>>46406611

Name ten things that aren't you.
>>
>>46406611
Boy oh boy, I get to be in a screencap!
>>
>>46408653
Absolutely. If Modify Memory is essentially equal to a Finger of Death spell, then altering their alignment or compelling them to despise or harm their former friends and deeds is like casting Animate Dead on their corpse and sending on a murderous rampage.

Memory alteration is a frightening concept. In a recent campaign I was in, my character got 30 minutes of her memory wiped by a team-mate because they got into an argument over how the mind-wiping character was abusing her psychic powers. Apparently the mind-wiping character didn't want them to stop being friends, so she decided to erase the entire argument from my character's memory rather than actually fixing her character's behaviour.

My character had recently purchased a watch (something relatively new in this low tech world) and when she realized she'd lost a huge chunk of time in moments, and knowing the other character had the power to mess with people's thoughts and memories, she put two and two together. In fact, since she'd only recently purchased the watch, she started to disbelieve her whole relationship with that character, wondering if they were ever friends to begin with, or if it has all just been planted into her brain from the start.

My character basically had a mental breakdown after that, and would have honestly killed the other party member out of sheer paranoia if the GM hadn't let her find a magic item that prevented her from having her mind altered ever again.
>>
File: best girl.png (1 MB, 975x763) Image search: [Google]
best girl.png
1 MB, 975x763
Would you play a Wilder who always novas for the maximum number of PP on every attack?
>>
>>46408701
Well it happens in every "What should I play?" or "Should I start with X?" thread every time someone recommends for/against Pathfinder
>>
>>46408853
Only if I cast all my spells with dumb chuuni shit
>>
>>46406611
NO TRABBLE PLS
>>
>>46408847
Except human memory is already incredibly weird and malleable and totally unreliable without needing to introduce magic into the mix

You can convince people that they remember things just by talking to them, hell sometimes it happens and nobody is even doing it on purpose

Then there are people who forget things, just completely lose them from their minds like they never even happened. If you describe a traumatic event to someone who had blocked it out, isn't that also forever altering them in a powerful way?
>>
>>46406611
I DONT WANT NO TRABBLE!
>>
File: 1450608136147.jpg (47 KB, 544x499) Image search: [Google]
1450608136147.jpg
47 KB, 544x499
>>46406611
WITNESSED
>>
>>46406611
sleep tight Jacko
I know you mean no trouble
>>
>>46408847
I don't disagree with your conclusion but it's pretty fucking metagamey to look at an olde-timey watch (which were notoriously fucking inaccurate) and immediately leap to the conclusion that she did.
>>
>>46408895

I think there's a difference between "I totally remember this thing from my childhood that didn't actually happen the way it did because my mom's been telling the story wrong for the last 20 years" and "I met a wizard and now I believe my parents were killed by Taldoran nationalists."
>>
>>46408925
metagamey for your character to, that is.
>>
>>46406611
POST YOUR FACE WHEN JACKIE CHAN
>>
File: spiral.gif (52 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
spiral.gif
52 KB, 250x251
>>46408847
But anon, think of the good that could be done.

Think of all the loved ones you lost. All of the insults you suffered. All those horrible things that happened in your past, for no fault of your own.

Wouldn't you be so much happier if you could just forget? Go through life as if you'd had an ideal childhood, with a real family?

Or maybe you did something. Something that haunts you to this day. Something that no matter how you atone for, you can never move on from.

Do you really want to spend the rest of your life trapped in your past? Don't you want to let go?

You'll be so much happier. The nightmares will stop. The apparitions will vanish. You will finally know peace.

And all you have to do is let go.
>>
>>46409026
Keep your magical realm to yourself, faggot.
>>
>>46408761
Fucking terrible.
>>
>all that time searching for me

I hope it was worth it.
>>
>>46409038
If you ask me, I think anon's just depressed.

I mean, that /would/ be the easy way out.
>>
is there any reason to use any familiar other than the owl?
>>
>>46409089
Ravens can speak a language of your choice, thus giving you a familiar that can actually talk to people for you without taking Improved Familiar.
>>
>>46409073
Minnie, are you feeling blue again? You should talk to Mickey, he worries about you.
>>
>>46406611
HORRY SHET
>>
>>46408786
Close, but they don't actually lose height or mass, and it wouldn't affect their equipment but its not a bad place to start though. Probably the simplest rules wise.

A medium size half-slime could easily crawl through a 6in diameter pipe (though it might take some time and it would be real difficult to turn around), or slip through the bars of a cell. But they're (barring extreme circumstances) not going to be sliding through the keyhole of a lock.

Equipment would have to be very special or probably magical in nature to go with them, unless stored in something like a bag of holding. This is a large part of why they favor classes that are 'minimalist' like rogues (or monks if they weren't terrible) or sorcerers.
>>
>>46409089
There are like 4 different familiars that give an absurd +4 initiative and none of them are owls.
>>
>>46406611
Greetings from /po/!

Yes, you read that right.
>>
>>46406611
fuck
>>
>>46408853
Don't forget to overchannel to the maximum every time, too.
>>
>>46409197
You can go to /po/ but you can't be FROM a place that gets 1 post a decade.
>>
>>46409218
I'm a lonely person
>>
>>46406611
>JACKIE CHAN
>6611
>>
>>46406611
I CAN SENSE IT
>>
>>46409149
There's some stuff in the 3p ooze bloodline for sorcerer that would probably work.
>>
>>46407782
>>46409149

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jTVKiGLl_1DZrt2IyZRjBkTsHK3Cn_TWSIGrYeXAIsw/edit

This is my attempt at a PC ooze/slime race. It uses Dreamscarred Press's akasha system, as well as some Bloodforge material.

Do ignore the fluff, I am terrible at writing it.

Though, feel free to give any feedback!
>>
Are there any ranger archetypes that give you two unrelated combat styles? I always feel like the iconic rangers of days long past were supposed to be good at BOTH using dual-swords and being an archer.

Like I wouldn't even mind if there was language that said you literally cannot benefit from both your styles on the same turn, that shit still needs to exist as an option or archetype or unchaining. You can't be Drizzt or Legolas or whatever without being able to fight in either mode as the situation and story demands.
>>
File: 1459390023000.png (169 KB, 310x325) Image search: [Google]
1459390023000.png
169 KB, 310x325
>>46409427
What would /pfg/ want to see in a second batch of Unchained classes, in general?
>>
>>46409474
Actual game balance
>>
>>46409474
Fighter Unchained: just a blank page.
>>
>>46409474
Swashbuckler, which has better synergy with its class abilities.

General feats and alternate class features that give martials ways of solving problems beyond swords, like combat feats that serve a dual purpose out of combat.
>>
>>46409478
OOH. BURN
>>
>>46408895
Pretty much what >>46408929 said. It helps that my character went from a normal day-labourer to a full-on adventurer in less than half a year, and the feats of daring and heroism the party had accomplished were pretty incredible. She started to consider that maybe everything was just a lie put into her head.

>>46408925
I felt it was an appropriate way to roleplay someone with high Intelligence, low Wisdom, and a history of paranoia and over-preparedness. I'd also like to restate that the argument happened in the first place because the memory-wiper character had been openly using their powers on NPCs, so much so that my character was finding the process immoral. One hint that her brain was being tampered with and she was whipped into a frenzy of self-doubt and fear.

>>46409026
As someone who's had relatives stricken with brain tumours and dementia, I'd like to kindly tell you to go fuck yourself.
>>
>>46409402
It seems pretty good but really amps up the 'ooze' factor. I think the beheading thing may be a bit much though.

Working on my own version with racial points.
>>
>>46409474

Every new class from this point on should be a Vigilante archetype
>>
>>46409512

Thanks.

I amped up the ooze factor because the setting they're from had them be actual oozes turned humanoid, though I understand that might not be your cup of tea.

Do share your own when you get a chance, I'd love to see it.
>>
>>46409474
Ranger: As above: pick two combat styles, and keep them separate because they don't apply simultaneously. More swift action combat spells. Maybe a different spells chart progression entirely.

Fighter: Let player pick skills, good save, pick an attribute to get on weapon damage, etc. Basically go balls deep into Custom Warrior Class mode. Organize combat feats into packages that come with noncombat feats, so just by advancing their specialties they broaden their purview.

The 2 other classes, I don't know. I don't think it's worth trying to bring sanity to the wizard; I'd rather the classes be weak ones rising up than strong ones going down.
>>
>>46409538
Vigilante should have been a feat or campaign-wide template.
>>
>>46409555
Yeah, just like Barbarian shoulda been a Fighter archetype, or Sorcerer shoulda been a wizard archetype, or Oracle a Cleric archetype.

Cut this shit out, if we wanted efficiency, we wouldn't be in Pathfinder to start with.
>>
>>46409555

Regardless, its the best class design Paizo has come up with: You choose 1 talent every level, and if you want spells you trade away all your fighty stuff and not your talky stuff because talky stuff isn't as valuble and Paizo finally realizes it
>>
i came for the jackie chan but i stayed cause i forgot how comfy /tg/ was
>>
>>46406611
>double dubs
>master of baby and ladder wielding

WITNESSED
>>
>>46409587
>/tg/
>comfy
>/pfg/

Christ almighty, just how bad is it on other boards if you really think that?
>>
File: 98137.jpg (181 KB, 1155x1328) Image search: [Google]
98137.jpg
181 KB, 1155x1328
>>46409596
it's bad out there.. real bad
don't make me go back
>>
File: 1455242964087.jpg (69 KB, 852x810) Image search: [Google]
1455242964087.jpg
69 KB, 852x810
>>46409587
P-People are spreading our Jackie Chan now?
>>
>>46409596
>just how bad is it on other boards if you really think that?
You have no idea

Cherish what you have.
>>
>>46409596
I've made some of the best friends, most comfy friends in my life here!
>>
>>46409596
Of the boards I've been to, /tg/ is the comfiest.

Excluding /trash/. /trash/ is comfy as fuck. Being unlisted and the abundance of horseporn combine to keep idiots away.
>>
File: 1425330738672.gif (882 KB, 408x585) Image search: [Google]
1425330738672.gif
882 KB, 408x585
>>46409596
It's bad.
>>
>>46409541
The other 2 would definitely be Swashbuckler and Paladin. 3 core to spice up, 1 splat with a PROBLEM.
>>
I am kinda new to shields and such.
in 3.5 I have read that you cannot shield bash with a towershield, is this changed in pathfinder?

Or is there some other action I can take as the teams meatshield to bully my opponents to force them to attack me?
>>
Is Swash fine if you make all its Swift action stuff work together? I think I've seen three people come to /pfg/ now asking why Swashbuckler is seen as weak when it was amazing in their game, and then it turns out they were ignoring the entire action economy of the class every time.
>>
>>46409666
You can only do it with some feat in a DSP book. Not worth it at all.
>>
>>46409679
It just needs a few of those swifts reduced to nonactions.
>>
>>46409666
>is this changed in pathfinder?

No.

>Or is there some other action I can take as the teams meatshield to bully my opponents to force them to attack me?

Play a class like the Warder from Path of War, which gets class features that let it actually force enemies to deal with you first.

Unfortunately, all the Paizo-published martials don't really get anything that lets them actually tank properly.
>>
>>46409666
There's a Paladin archetype that halves damage done to its allies.

Make them not get hit by virtue of you being the least of a pain to hurt.

Except you've got LoH so you're fine.
>>
>>46409684
well my group plays with a homebrewed rules. We are allowed to buy feats for gold

>>46409688
>warder
I will check this out, thanks dude
>>
>>46409688
There's actually Call Out and that one Diplomacy one. Action-expensive.
>>
>>46406665
Holy shit, this isn't a real thing right?
>54 str
>40 con
>>
>>46409684
what's DSP?
>>
>>46409724
DarkSydePhil

Dreamscarred Press.
>>
>>46409724
Double Sexy Penetration
What's DSP's beef with pathfinder anyway?
>>
>>46409741
ooooh I see. Thanks
>>
I have a problem /pfg/
I cannot stop myself from optimizing my other player's characters.

One dude wanted me to turn his barb into Conan. I made him Hercules.

Another dude wanted to turn his archeologist bard into Miguel and Tulio. I made him a God. Mighty. Powerful. Gods.

help me
>>
>>46409824
>bard
>god

Sure, laddiwad, you're totally a super cool 1337 sk1ll3d optimizer who didn't even make them full casters or PoW. Maybe they even do 100 DPR at level 12.
>>
>>46409824
what can you do with a monk?
>>
>>46409841
Joke
________
Your Head
>>
>>46409846
>hurrr I'm retarded
>LAMO IT A JOKE
ok
>>
File: smug redman.png (94 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
smug redman.png
94 KB, 300x297
>>46409841
He hasn't watched Road to El Dorado
>>
>>46409540
Half-ooze

Humanoid (0 RP)
Aberration (3 RP)

Aberrations have bizarre anatomies, strange abilities, alien mindsets, or any combination of the three.

An aberration has the following features:

Aberrations have the darkvision 60 feet racial trait.
Aberrations breathe, eat, and sleep.

Medium size (0 rp)

30ft speed (0 rp)

Ability scores:
Specialized (1 RP)

Prerequisites: Pick either mental or physical ability scores.
Modifiers: Members of this race gain a +2 bonus to two ability scores of the chosen type, and a –2 penalty to one ability score of the other type.

(+2con +2dex -2 int)

Skills: Skill Training (1 RP)

Prerequisites: None.
Benefit: Pick up to two skills. These skills are always considered class skills for members of this race.

Acrobatics & Escape artist

Languages:
Standard (0 RP)

Members of this race start with Common plus their racial language (if any). Furthermore, choose up to seven languages (except for Druidic or other secret languages). Members of this race with high Intelligence scores can choose from any of these additional languages.

Flexible Bonus Feat (4 RP)

Benefit: Members of this race select one extra feat at 1st level.

Movement trait: based off of climb/swim which are 2rp

Malleable form (2 RP)

Benefit: Members of this race may squeeze into spaces 1/4 their size (no less than 6in wide or 4in high), and gain a +8 racial bonus on escape artist checks. This benefit does not extend to equipment or weapons (unless they could already fit through such a space).

Hold Breath (1 RP)

Benefit: Members of this race can hold their breath for a number of rounds equal to four times their Constitution score before risking drowning or suffocating.

Total: 12 RP

This puts them just *slightly* above dwarves / humans in RP costs.

They favor sorcerer and rogue archetypes.

Need to do fluff for them. But mostly as described in thread. On mobile w/o pc access.
>>
>>46409843
I could dip a single level in monk and 19 levels in wizard.
>>
>>46409849
It's a reference to the movie Miguel and Tulio are from. Cool your jets.
>>
>>46405605

Nature Ally, variant multiclassing into druid (and technically paladin, but it gets divine bond way too late, leadership for an intelligent mount like a gryphon.

I imagine a lot of GMs would be fine with leadership only giving you a mount cohort.
>>
File: MIGHTY AND POWERFUL GODS.gif (610 KB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
MIGHTY AND POWERFUL GODS.gif
610 KB, 500x230
>>46409879
>>
File: Miguel&Tulio.gif (490 KB, 454x261) Image search: [Google]
Miguel&Tulio.gif
490 KB, 454x261
>>46409841
In the movie The Road to El Dorado, two Spaniards find their way to... well, El Dorado and manage to institute themselves as deities. It's the major plot point in the movie.
>pic related

The two of them fit the average M.O. for bards to a T. They even sing because it's one those animated musicals.
>>
>>46409930
Ehh, they strike me more as Rogues, if I'm honest.
>>
My magus just lost one of his eyes tonight, what cool items could I replace it with?
>>
What's DSP's beef with pathfinder?
>>
>>46409954
an eyepatch
>>
>>46409954
An eyepatch?
>>
>>46409946
Too much bullshitting and not enough stabbing. Pretty much the entire movie is them rolling bluff checks.
>>
>>46409954
>>46409974
>>46409975
TWO eyepatches
>>
>>46409976
Do bards even GET anything that helps out with bluffing over Rogues? Besides Glibness, I mean.

There might not be much stabbing, but they don't do any magic either.

There's some good bluff rogue talents, if I recall.

>>46409954
http://archivesofnethys.com/MagicDemonicImplants.aspx

If you don't wanna pluck out the other one, you could go for the Baleful Eye. That only needs one eye pulled out, and you've got that sorted.
>>
So let's say that I want to make a character that throws his shield like Captain America.
And let's say that I have the permission from my GM to use the hulking hurler class.
Would I roll dex or str for the attack?
>>
>>46409954
>>46409984
Three eyepatches-- one for your blackblade swordbro as well. Disregard that your blackblade swordbro is calling you retarded, it's for the greater good.

THE GREATEST GOOD.
>>
>>46410003
Ditch Hulking Hurler.
Capt America - the class, is the Shield Champion Brawler.
>>
>>46410004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_q2wBzT6uU
>>
>>46410008
but I was planning on playing this big armored hulk like being who was able to somehow get his hands on a sizing shield and then throwing it at enemies dealing preferably increased damage from both size and weight.
But I will look into the SCB
>>
>>46409859
Hold breath could be dropped and it would be entirely in line with dwarves, I mostly put it in there because I was trying to work out how someone would breathe while squished into a space and went 'it would probably be difficult).

Legend had it that Half-oozes (need better name) were originally the product of arcane experiments (or occasionally disasters). Initially intended to be a subservient race of assassins, they proved to be extremely difficult to restrain or imprison due to their highly malleable bodies. The initial escapees found that they bred true, and thus the race of half oozes came to be.

Most half-oozes appear entirely human upon casual inspection, aside from unusual hair and eye colors. It's only after more thorough examination that their oddities appear; they're too flexible, they seem to breathe less often, parts of them seem almost fluid when they haven't been moved in a while. They don't bruise like 'normal' people, cuts just fold back together, punctures don't bother them. Finally if you spend any great deal of time around them, you notice that in addition to their great ability to contort they seem to fit through where others couldn't - like they didnt have a bone in them!

And you'd be right. Due to their ooze heritage, they tend to be more resilient than their peers to all forms of injury. They truly don't have a bone in their body - it's mostly cartilage. They do breathe less: their organs are both robust and malleable, their lungs stretch unbelievable amounts without even trying. When they relax, they forget about the muscular actions that often keeps their bodies tightly compacted.

If you're lucky you might even get to see one squeeze into a place that no human ever could - without even the use of magic!
>>
>>46406611
GET THE AMOULET JACKIE CHAN
>>
>have to build my level 5 two-handed human paladin
>weapon focus, furious focus, power attack
>cleave would never comes into play
>other feats come into play once in a lifetime or are not needed, and as i actually get useful combat feats later there is no point into spending 4 feats for Eldirtch heritage
>wizard tells me to take fey foundling; it's actually really tasty as a feat
>it requires my background to litterally say " you have been found in the woods"
>i actually would have to go for the infamous " i was found and fostered into the temple"

how do i make the background not cringeworthy with this stuff? or what is a good feat?
>>
>>46410106

Tropes done earnestly can be fantastic.
>>
>>46409958
It's still 3.5 at its core, it has a fanbase that is paint-huffing retarded, and Paizo isn't particularly better at designing for it than WotC was and they get constrained by all three of those?
>>
is there some special material that doubles(or better) the weight of whatever is made out of it?
>>
>>46410145

Gold makes things 50% heavier. And a lot more expensive.
>>
>>46409995

Versatile performance to be able to save skill points, various spells (share language/tongues so you can speak any language, heroism/good hope is a +2 morale to all skill checks, moment of greatness doubles morale bonuses, seducer's eyes gives bonus to skill checks if the target might possibly find you attractive, eagle's splendor for a +4 to Cha if you don't have the headband, charm to make a creature amenable or at least stop it from melting your face so you can bluff it), generally higher charisma, and I think some archetypes like tha sandman get +1/2 their bard level to bluff.

Those two are likely rogues imo, but bards are pretty damn good at bluffing.
>>
>>46410158
hmm I was hoping for more weight. But thanks for the help
>>
>>46410106
Just ignore the fluff and have whatever backstory you want.
>>
>>46410195
i probably can't because my DM just got his fey foundling paladin denied because of background inconsistency in another campaign so it would feel like an insult to the seriousness of his campaign to ask him to accept mine.
>>
IT'S OVER! WE'RE FREE! REFRESH, ANONS, REFRESH FOR YOUR LIVES!
>>
>>46410318
It's been like that for nearly an hour.
>>
>>46410329
Well I didn't know either
>>
>>46410139
Well they are in it for profit and recognition
>>
>>46409958

Do they actually have one or is it just one or two people airing their personal prefernces?

Pathfinder has a large fanbase, and DSP got a fair bit of recognition and I expect money off that. If nothing else, Paizo kept the open d20 system running when WotC went away from it.
>>
>>46410496
I don't think they have any more of a beef than anyone else does.

Oh, except for Occult tanking Psionics' sales, because people can't tell the difference. They see the word psychic and go crosseyed.
>>
>>46410528
Is that really Paizo's fault or just jealously?
>>
>>46410555
I can't even really blame Paizo for that. People are just idiots.

But that doesn't mean it's unreasonable for DSP to be at least a little miffed.
>>
>>46410570
Wait, why is it reasonable for DSP to be miffed
>>
>>46410606
Because it still sucks. The fact you can't really blame paizo only makes it suck more.

Paizo said that Psychic Magic wasn't meant to be Psionics, but that doesn't stop idiots.

Hell, a few days ago I saw someone in here mention a roll20 game they saw where someone was running an Eberron game, but rather than use actual Psionics, they said to use the Occult stuff. Something something 'it's 1pp now'
>>
>>46410620
That's probably because DSP shits overpowered trash directly into your mouths, and that DM was glad to finally have something written by professionals, even if it wasn't a perfect fit.
>>
File: 1457835490183.png (147 KB, 553x585) Image search: [Google]
1457835490183.png
147 KB, 553x585
>>46410655
>>
>>46410655
Being professional just means you can live off it.

Stephanie Meyer is a professional author.
>>
File: bait 2.png (309 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
bait 2.png
309 KB, 680x680
>>46410655
>>
I wish my wizard was a writhing mass of tentacles with some eyes and teeth thrown in the mix
How can i make tame PF magic to fuck my shit up?
>>
>>46410620
Psychic magic isn't psionics though, it's arcane magic in a different form
>>
>>46410815
The witch grand hex abominate can turn you into one permanently.
>>
>>46410821
Correct!

But a lot of people are very silly and conflate the two because the names sound somewhat similar. See how this works?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.