[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #764: Jet Fuel Can't Melt Boom Tubes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: JC.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JC.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Jump Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46349165
>>
>>46364597
>Jet Fuel Can't Melt Boom Tubes
Not with that attitude!
>>
File: dragons.png (669 KB, 477x624) Image search: [Google]
dragons.png
669 KB, 477x624
Metallic or Chromatic, /jc/?
>>
>>46364770
Metallic.

It's telling when 3 out of the 5 chromatic dragons are all noted for being 'dull, brutish creatures.'
>>
>>46364636
Why're you destroying worlds in a cave and/or echo chamber in the first place?

>>46364703
Something something batman something inside job

>>46364770
How about-just not a dragon? Just ain't my thing.
>>
Has Val ever said what you could do with A, A+, or EX Runes? Or an EX in Magecraft, for that matter.
>>
>>46364770
Chromatics look cooler but they're assholes.
>>
Out of curiosity, is anyone working on/interested in a Darker than Black and/or Witch Hunter Robin jump?
>>
So, how do you roadtrip?
>>
So I know running water normally grounds out magic in the Dresden Files, but is water magic possible at all with that system?
>>
>>46364770
3.5's dragons generally looked better, all I'm saying.
>>
>>46364882
Working on no, interested yes.
>>
>>46364948
Nice batmobile.
>>
>>46364882
I am very interested in both. Go For it
>>
So, Reborn.

Is there something to Ultimate Dying Will Mode that the wiki is neglecting to mention, for it to be forbidden?

If I put enough centuries into it, could I just stop mucking about with rings for Flame usage? I don't like needing foci to perform at all.
>>
>>46365003
>>46365071
Well, I know what I am doing for the next couple of days.
>>
>>46364951
Yes, you can use water magic, hydromancy is a valid school of magic. Water magic itself is good at eroding things, like eroding the bonds that keep matter together.
>>
>>46365139
You have to die to gain access. It's forbidden because at that time in the thread's life, people were unsure about giving leave to die once, or even if it was okay for people to die in their background. It was only later that stuff like vampires encouraged us to make the later okay, and it was a while longer before a few jumps allowed the former.
>>
Myr, bit of a late reply but for the Polity Jump, I realize it was a WIP. Just thought I'd throw down a rough build.

As for pricing, honestly, I'm not sure? If stuff is going to be removed/added then I cant really say how to balance it.
>>
>>46365139
You have to die for it to be unlocked.
>>
>>46364703
Force dragon master race.
>>
>>46356309
After 3.1 seconds - Really gonna need to adjust the timer - The object went off in an explosion of flames almost as hot as molten lava. Soon, the flames died down, and we could see the charred body of Berserker.

"He has one more life left." Archer remarked quietly. "I know." I said as golden ripples appeared in the sky behind me.

1 Minute later, Berserker had regenerated enough that I felt comfortable using All The Worlds Treasures on him. After all was said and done, Berserker was a slightly well-done corpse impaled to the ground.

"So dies the great Hercules." Archer said, voice musing and wistfu l. "Yes, so dies Hercules. So dies Shirou Emiya." I said as two spears that had manifested moments before skewered him.
>>
>>46365251
>>46365354
Huh. Fair enough.
>>
>>46364703
>>46364819

Don't you know. Boom Tubes were designed to be jet fuel proof, it's actually their main function.

See things change size when they travel from the normal universe to those New God worlds.

This let's you send jet fuel to the New God worlds thus multiplying how much you have.

It then gets transported back to the normal universe using a more time consuming process that let's those involved charge more for the shipping and handling fees.

The fact that doom tubes can be used for teleportation were just a useful side effect.

Hey it makes as much sense as what's actually occurred in the comics
>>
>>46364948
Depends on what the purpose of the "roadtrip" is.
Is it just the destination? If so, then I'd either teleport or fly to it OR, if I'm hiding my powers, I'd just rent or buy a private Jet.

If the purpose is the journey and spending it with friends, not just getting to the destination, then I will use the Mule. The Mule is a vehicle I built and named myself (I am really bad at naming) which was built for events like this.
Think of it as the love child of an APC, an RV, and a Semi-truck all at once. Providing more comfort and space than any RV while also being armed and armored enough to go War Rig on people if they go Mad Max on us.
>>
>>46365464
Wait are you another of those guys wanking you can somehow get the full Gate of Babylon's collection in defiance of the jump's stated limitations or is that another NP that just happens to have a similar name?
>>
Is there any dimensional locking tech or magic that can keep thing from Hell getting to Earth and the like?
>>
So what can Witchcraft and Wizardry do in Discworld? I'm trying to decide which to choose.
>>
>>46365645
..People do realize it ain't that hard to make swords to stuff into the Gate right?
>>
>>46365645
It's an empty GoB that he stocked with his own weapons.
>>
>>46365701
>>46365682
My mistake, sorry, didn't associate that name with it. Kinda curious what magical weapon you're using to put a dent in God Hand though.
>>
>>46365682
Its the berserker killing property thats in question you NEED A-rank to damage him. making swords is easy' making a rank noble phantasms or equivalent is not.
>>
Okay, so I plan on combining the Light-Light Fruit with Hyperkinesis/APM Intensifies for lightspeed movement and reflexes. The only problem is that I only have linear movement.

So what I'm wondering is, if I have an ability that lets me control light, can I control my own body while I'm transformed into light to give me greater control?
>>
>>46365858
you don't need Noble Phantasms. Herc canonically got some life taken off with a bunch of gems exploding in his face.
>>
>>46365858
A-Rank Noble Phantasms aren't that strong. You get an A-Rank for the weird powers they can add to your attacks, not raw damage potential. A jumper that's been careful to build up some power before entering the madness that is Nasuverse should be able to put out equal amounts of damage without much difficulty.
>>
>>46365873
I said or equivalent those gems are A-rank its actually a requirement to hit though god hand.
>>
>>46365464
...Echoanon, I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. That last line sounded like something out of a bad fanfic. No offense to you, and the rest is fine, but uh. Yeah. I don't know why, but that took me completely out of whatever story you've been writing for the last two threads.
>>
>>46365668
Well D&D has Dimensional Lock but it only effects a 20 foot radius.
>>
>>46365932
Yeah, not my best work but i pretty much got tired of writing it towards the end.
>>
>>46365932
I feel ya, its a bit like the standard fanfic parody "Unsheathes Katana, Stabs" sorta deal?
>>
So...the Dark-Dark Fruit from One Piece says it can be used to absorb other Devil Fruit powers? How would I go about doing that if I have it?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 600x338
>>46365673
>witchcraft

Think Dresden files magic but generally practiced in a more subtle way; high end feats can include things like turning vampires human by tricking them into drinking your blood, accelerating time in an entire country (takes 3 powerful practitioners and a focus) and allowing normally unassailable sentient ideas to die by ritualistically countering them with stronger ideas.

>wizardry

it started out as basically D&D magic-and it was purposefully designed like this to prevent magical wars from lots of people learning magic at once. So you had these elaborate rituals for things like summoning Death and creating pocket realms and all kinds of magical blasts, often involving transfiguration. After the Sourceror made everything go to hell a younger generation of wizards started researching it, and effectively made it a lot more freeform. Magitech of all kinds is achievable now, from imps in picture boxes to potentially stacks of rituals complex enough to create a magical AI that can affect things in the real world, and others. The whole thing is starting to resemble applied quantum mechanics.

Mind you, very good wizards and witches often end up using/recognising similar principles, like equivalent exchange and sympathies. Lords and Ladies pretty much confirms it's essentially the same kind of practice approached by two very different methodologies.
>>
>>46365977
It's fine man, I get it. Writing is hard, it can be difficult to keep a story going, especially if you lose interest in it, or it's just not fun to write anymore.
>>46365985
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.
>>
>>46365994
Nobody knows.

No seriously, I don't think it's been answered in the series yet. Hell, the Dark-Dark fruit might not even have anything to do with it (though that's doubtful)

Though I am very out date in regards to OP so take this with a grain of salt.
>>
>>46365911
fair enough

>>46365994
Not clear in canon at this point only example we have is something teach did while we couldn't see him to get whitebeards quake-quake fruit. So wank something
>>
>>46365994
No one knows. At the time it was written, it was believed to be something connected to the Dark-Dark Fruit, but it was later revealed to be something special about Blackbeard instead of the fruit. However, since the description was already written up that the fruit could somehow steal powers, it was left that way.
>>
... So is fighting Chaos for a thousand years in 40k a warm up for fighting Darkseid or is fighting Darkseid a warm up for fighting Chaos for a thousand years in 40k?
>>
>>46365461
how much did that cost?
>>
>>46366013
Thanks.

So is Wizardry Vancian? Do you need to prepare rituals ahead then use specific somatic and verbal components to activate them? Or what did you mean when you said they made it more freeform?
>>
>>46366053
Wait when was this? I left off shortly after first seeing Kaidou is it after that?
>>
>>46366029
>>46366031
>>46366053
Oh. Well. That's disappointing, since I'd feel a little dirty wanking something if that's not how it works in canon.
>>
>>46366029
>>46366053
Yeah, nobody knows. I doubt it's something unique to Blackbeard, because he's apparently giving his guys tons of devil fruits.

>>46366018
I'll take it to Pastebin and work on it.
>>
In the Fate/ Servant Supplement, does EX-Rank Item Creation let you create NPs?
If so, how strong would they be?
>>
File: Fire_Girl_cover_2_b.jpg (167 KB, 244x651) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Girl_cover_2_b.jpg
167 KB, 244x651
Alright, time for me to start a new chain, with less focus on time travel and building up towards an endgame, and more Adventure! and Gnosticism.
World #1: Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs
http://pastebin.com/qhnKamBq
Well, this is a great start for my journey across worlds. I seem to have been selected to go on a adventure in the depths of ... actually I don't know where we are. Nevertheless, I plan on finding out everything about this place, and nothing will distract me, except maybe all of the angels flying around, the clockwork soldiers trying to shank me, the inquisition and their devil beast, and the natives who have laser guns and a pet dragon. Doesn't stop this from being the greatest day of my life!
>>
>>46366056
1400cp use the scp-2400 and you can age to great wyrm in 2 jumps so long as you either have hivemind or some way to act through an avatar while your body ages in order to entertain jumpchan.
>>
>>46366055
If you're fighting rank and file Chaos cultists and Chaos Space Marines then 40K is the warm up for Darkseid. If your tangoing with Daemon Primarchs and the Chaos gods themselves the Darkseid is the warm up for 40K.
>>
>>46365858
>>46365873
>>46365911
>>46365918

I could be misremembering, but isn't Godhand a weird thing where it only cares if your attack is A-Rank for it's specific category and not it's actual raw power or how good it is compared to stuff in different categories?
A.k.a. a punch with A-ranked strength would work, but not a spell that's only B-ranked. However an A-ranked spell would, despite a c-ranked noble phantasm which is more powerful not working.
>>
>>46366111
Or you could just use Narnian Time to instantly age up.
>>
Speaking of bad fanfics, what's the absolute worst you've ever broken canon? Not as in "how bad you've broken it", but in a way that makes you look like the worst kind of special snowflake.
I forced Mobius 1 to eject.
>>
>>46366107
A-rank NPs.
>>
>>46366110
Part 2 never
>>
>>46366083
>>46366097
>>46366105
Well, to be specific, it's speculated in-series by Marco that Blackbeard had some irregularity in his body that allowed two devil fruit abilities to co-exist in his body, but I will admit there is no 100% official explanation of what occured or how he was able to do it. The only thing we do know is that when devil fruit users die, another fruit of the same type transforms into the devil fruit the now dead person ate.
>>
File: Billy the Rad.png (673 KB, 580x820) Image search: [Google]
Billy the Rad.png
673 KB, 580x820
>>46366107
The answer is yes and A Rank, its a pretty common question.

Speaking of, what type of servants do you guys like?

Honestly as silly as F/GO is especially silly with America right now, I'm digging Billy the Kid's design and the fact that Nightingale and Beowulf are Relatively Sane berserkers
>>
>>46365668

Drakengard has a book with a spell that should be able to do it, but that requires going to Drakengard
>>
>>46366146
Fate. Fairly late game and I showed up as a Jumper class Servant. Punched Berserker to death, beat Caster in a wizard duel, out-sniped Archer, defeated Saber in a sword fight, etc. It was kind of funny.
>>
>>46366111
…You know that SCP-2400 has to have the door closed for the accelerated time effect to take place, right?

Also, how well are you controlling a puppet that's only moving at 1/140 as fast as you're perceiving things? It seems tedious as hell as well.
>>
>>46366146
Naruto. I was a special snowflake with the Rinnegan who went around collecting all the Tailed Beasts on his own and becoming the Ten-Tails jinchuriki before the villains could, then beat up all the bad guys while telling the protagonists why they sucked.
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 1920x1200
>>46366070
Wizardry USED to be Vancian, yes. Lots of chanting, dancing, circles and decorative for bubbling cauldrons. Even later on most of the senior wizards prefer to treat it as such, carrying subcritical spells in their pockets.

The thing is-it's not fundamental, and it's definitely not hard scrapped like D&D wizardry; most of the younger wizards' work revolves around trying to tell which parts of magic are extraneous; they've narrowed down the summon Death ritual to only needing a fresh egg, at last count. Magic does work better if prepared in advance to focus more complex spells but it's becoming clear wizards can basically do it whenever they like with little more than a hand gesture-or even less for minor spells-although as Archchancellor Ridcully points out, it's fundamentally "movin' things around" so there's always a cost to magic, usually just physical exhaustion but more serious feats can have...proportionally more severe costs; the most powerful wizard of the old school ever is in deep debt to eldritch abomination is from beyond reality. These days the younger wizards treat it like a combination of applied physics and computing by using an aggregate of magical rituals so complex it's basically an AI to process most of the spells on their behalf, automating things like scrying, teleportation and interdimensional communication in the span of seconds or minutes where in the past it would've taken hours.
>>
>>46366136
I used the time to get in nine millennia of training in preparation for asura's wrath and because i am pretty sure that accumulation of experiences plays a role dragons growth so i did a lot of meditating. I have narninan time i just like to actually work for my power there is something satisfying about it also lets me adjust to new parts of my powset better.
>>
File: 1446683269997.png (690 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1446683269997.png
690 KB, 569x802
>>46366181
and here I was thinking they weren't going to add more recent people as servants
>>
*decorative bubbling cauldrons

**not hard capped

***eldritch ABOMINATIONS, plural; the funny is the Dungeon Dimensioners are normally helpless in a physical fight

Apologies, iPads cocking up with typos
>>
>>46366204
hive mind it creates some massive dissonance between bodies but can be managed with practice. any speed focused jumper is used to operating there body at stupidly low fractions of full speed anyway.
>>
File: AMERICA.webm (2 MB, 500x262) Image search: [Google]
AMERICA.webm
2 MB, 500x262
>>46366281
Edison's Noble Phantasm is a thing of Beauty for the record
>>
Does anyone have any idea of how the Challenger Fort would look? When I look on google images, I don't get anything.
>>
>>46366329
Arrogant furry.
>>
...Out of curiosity, does Well of Udr's anti-entropy ability apply to EVERYTHING you own? So if I were to, say, take over a planet...Would entropy no longer apply to that world? Could I use this to arrange a deal with the Incubators in MY favour? Because those rats have a lot of things I'm interested in, and if I'm going to make a deal with them, I want to have the edge in the bargain. Otherwise, I'm steering clear.
>>
File: FOR YOU.jpg (372 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
FOR YOU.jpg
372 KB, 500x750
>>46366281
I have been waiting too long to post this one.
>>
>>46366329
Does Nasu even have nay idea who Edison was?
>>
>>46364948
Is this FF15?
>>
>>46366350
Any*
>>
>>46366329
Why the fuck is Thomas Edison a lion
>>
>>46366329
I.. what? Well, that's one way to Wrrry.

>>46366332
I imagine it as one of those old time settler forts or a roman garrison, that just happens to be really easy to put together.
>>
File: The X Files.jpg (1 MB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
The X Files.jpg
1 MB, 800x1200
>>46366356
Yes

>>46366350
Considering how America isnt even geographically correct in Grand Order for the percieved time, im going to assume no.

>>46366281
Couldnt find a webm of this one but apparently this is the power of Russian Occultists fucking Xenos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSZUKzdKaxU
>>
>>46366350
Probably only what he read on wikipedia, if that, but since when has Nasu let anything get in the way of his insanity?
>>
So, question for those people who haven't mashed their Personas, Hunger Demons, Stands, Imaginary Selves, Zanpakuto, and however many other forms of projection there are into one monstrous disfigured monstrosity:

How do they interact? Do your projections work in tandem when invoked, or do you prefer they fight separately? How does your Stand react to your Hunger Demon, vice versa, and what have you? What dynamics do they have?
>>
>>46366345
I took possessions to mean things you carry on your body, considering it mentions equipment in the next line, not "Possessions in the sense that you own the thing, regardless of where it is or what it is."
>>
>>46366371
Cause Nasu, that's why.
>>
>>46366385
>America isnt even geographically correct
Are you serious?
>>
>>46366402
Damn, really? That's a shame. Would've been great to actually hold something over them for once. Ah well, thanks for answering my question, anon.
>>
>>46366371
Because much like the male lion, Edison has a good reputation that has nothing to do with any of his actual accomplishments.
>>
>>46366419
Have you seen the film 10000BC? Nasu is less historically and geographically correct than that.
>>
>>46366419
The year is 1783 and has you go through Texas, California, and a number of states that were only states with the Louisiana Purchase in Eighteen fucking Oh Three, twenty goddamn years.

Also in "Nasu Cant Geography", your master gets injured by a frag round and gets carted from South Dakota to Wyoming, about 363 miles, and somehow doesnt get infected by 10000 different diseases
>>
>>46366470
Oh. I thought you meant he had North America in the wrong place or something. Phew. This is way less painful.

But uh, I'm curious about something since I don't know a lot about Fate.

>1783
Aren't Servants supposed to be historical figures? So why can Edison be summoned most of a century before he's born?
>>
>>46366371
>>46366407
>>46366452

There's actually a logical explanation for this, or at least I have a theory.

Edison clearly stole Atalanta and Cat-Tamamo's thing.

It both fits with their character(the stealing stuff), and explains the lion person thing.
>>
>>46366532
>Aren't Servants supposed to be historical figures? So why can Edison be summoned most of a century before he's born?

Its Grand Order the less you think about it and chalk it up to time travel the less of a headache you'll get. Its the same reason why Mozart and Marie Antoinette were summoned in 1400s France, centuries ahead of their time
>>
>>46366113
Right, gonna go ahead and slot YJ before 40k. Plan is, I fight my way to Gork and Mork and get them to put aside their eternal boxing match for two seconds. Not sure how that will turn out for all parties involved but... SCIENCE!
>>
>>46366532
The Throne of Heroes gives no fucks about time. Case in point, EMIYA
>>
>>46366545
Well Edison did apparently steal Charles Babbage's own robot design and made them American

With big guns
>>
>>46366612
Charles Babbage for reference
>>
>>46366595
But aren't Servants supposed to be defined by their legends and given strength by their popularity in the area and time they're summoned in? How can they have any power at all if their legend doesn't even exist when they're summoned?
>>
>>46366647
Time

Travel
>>
>>46366053
I wonder what will happen if you kill blackbeard and absorb his darkness fruit.
>>
>>46366595
So wait, have there been any meet myself Emiya style mixups going on if the Servants can be summoned independent of their time period?

I'm assuming that Grail War time shenanigans are to blame somehow.
>>
What's a good focus Alpha-Technological Skill in PS238?
>>
>>46366715
Making jumps
>>
>>46366720
…Uh, what?

I can't understand what you're trying to say.
>>
>>46366713
I hope you realize that it's REALLY FUCKING UNLIKELY for someone to become a Heroic Spirit, and even more unlikely for that person to be around during a Holy Grail War. Even EMIYA is a special case, since he's a Counter Guardian. It's VERY UNLIKELY.
>>
>>46366746
Make supertech hardlight PDF files about going on adventures to fictional worlds where people can choose limited options from a budget of 1000 CP to get various benefits from.
>>
>>46366715
Never took it myself, since I'm one of those dweebs who either buy FISS 5 or stack Misc. Meta to get all sorts of dumb shit, but I personally like the idea of a Metallurgy, Materials Science, Gunsmithing/Military Technology/Whatever is the right term, or Polymer Science specs.
>>
File: 1408250140702.jpg (36 KB, 550x307) Image search: [Google]
1408250140702.jpg
36 KB, 550x307
>>46366784
>>
>>46364824
Think all I've ever said on it is that higher ranks give you more skill. There's really not much I can tell you because not only do we very rarely see what either of those skills do (Bazett and Cu basically just use them for combat purposes only and I think we never see the Magecraft skill in action) but all forms of magic in this place are generally sparse on info outside of a few techniques the characters use. You'll mostly have to fanwank it, because I really have no canon answer to give.

>>46364882
I'd love to be Electric Chinese Batman. Or at least meet him. Go for it.

>>46366107
It does, you can make up to A rank stuff. The higher the rank the harder and longer it takes. You can add other crafting perks though to make it easier and quicker.

>>46366129
Most of the time, yeah, that's how it goes. It only seems to auto negate Noble Phantasms below A rank, against other things it just seems to be hella tough.

>>46366181
As bad as the rest of GO is, it's designs are one of it's few really cool things.

>>46366532
GO is weird and works differently. It's way more complicated and stupid but that's the gist of it.

>>46366647
Eh. That little fact is one of the most inconsistent parts of Servants there is.

>>46366713
Time shenanigans don't really happen outside of EMIYA/Shirou and Grand Order, but Grand Order is less of a normal grail war and more like...super robot wars or something, basically. It's mostly an excuse to shove a ton of Servants together and make them fight.
>>
Does Fire Belly from Cardcaptor Sakura also remove the need for water?
>>
>>46366862
Paste the description.
>>
File: Berserker Alter Cu.png (745 KB, 580x820) Image search: [Google]
Berserker Alter Cu.png
745 KB, 580x820
>>46366843
>it's designs are one of it's few really cool things.
Oh geez forgive me for posting this recent one if only because i dont really dig the design. Just hover over the file location for who it is
>>
>>46366886
Not that anon, but here it is, if it helps.
>>
File: tearsintherain.png (1 MB, 554x1456) Image search: [Google]
tearsintherain.png
1 MB, 554x1456
>>46366843
Someone just told me about Fate/Extellia, and how GO itself is going to have a second phase involving Solomon being one-upped

The franchise is now dead to me.
>>
>>46366899
Shit holy. That's great
>>
>>46366899
I...

Welp. I give up.
>>
>>46366843
How would one go about crafting an NP in the first place?
Can you just get a hammer, anvil, and forge and just pound one out? Pun semi-intended.

What's the limit on the form of an NP? Are guns off limits?

I'm not really familiar with Fate/ beyond the Zero and Stay Night anime series. Sorry if I seem like a dumbass.
>>
>>46366899
I kinda like it. How Berserk is him? Does he have multiple EXes like every other Grand Order Servant or can I actually summon him?
>>
>>46366907
>>46366862
It's probably the intent.
>>
>>46366899
Who is that?
>>
>>46366986
That is Lancer Cu Chulainn.

An altered version at least, much like Saber Alter.
>>
>>46366997
It says it's Berserker though
>>
>>46366899
I think the hood is the part that makes it really bad. And the uh, weird rib coverings. And the skeletons on him. Wow it gets sillier the more you look at it. Does he have a fucking tail?

>>46366916
I am...cautiously optimistic for Extellia, as long as they actually fucking release it over here this time. GO can go fuck itself though. So can Solocunt.

>>46366933
No problem anon, ask away and I'll answer everything I can. The higher the rank, the more likely they'll need some sort of special crafting or material, much like mythical weapons in actual legends. If you want to make canon ones, you'll generally need to either make them the same way they were originally or in a similar fashion if you just want the effect or a weaker version (Think of it like learning fairy crafting methods if you wanted to make Excalibur or one of the related swords etc).

There's not really any limits on the form of NPs so you can have guns or bombs if you want, but you can only make items with it. You won't be able to make or give someone ability NPs such as Godhand, though you might be able to make an armour that does the same thing instead.
>>
>>46367018
>Does he have a fucking tail?

Quite frankly it looks like they replaced the lupine bit of his Berserker iteration with Xenomorph.

And then they paint it red.
>>
>>46367017
It's Cu Chulainn in the Berserker class and it's an Alter version of him.
>>
>>46367018
To be fair, I think that's supposed to be based on his Warp Spasm form, even though it looks a lot prettier.
>>
>>46366943
Lets see:
STR: A, AGI: A+, Luck: D, END: B+, Mana: C, NP: A, ME EX (Effects are more equivalent to C, listed in the stat as well).

Skipping the GO unique skill, or i assume it is (Madness of the Spirits A), he's also got Protection form Arrows C, Battle Continuation A.

Though this is Alter/Grail altered so its probably not exactly 1:1 on what you'd be able to summon but you can probably come a bit close
>>
>>46367018
So when you craft something that's special, it can just BECOME a Noble Phantasm?

That's pretty baller. Now I want to make a laser cannon powered by the heart of a dragon or something.

I'm assuming that if you want to make something with moving parts, like a gun or my aforemention dragon-heart laser cannon, you have to machine all the parts personally?

Noble Phantasms are a part of the person they belong to, right? What happens if someone breaks one of them? Or can they be broken at all?
>>
>>46367094
Not that anon, but that's...actually not that bad, actually. Seems like fair stats, at least compared to most other servants in GO, from what I've heard. Haven't actually read it, but I've heard it's really over the top, and that Solomon especially is a Mary Sue of the highest order.
>>
>>46367118
Mostly yes. The EX part of Item Creation just lets you make some sort of blank legend that turns it into a Noble Phantasm.

You do have to make all the parts yourself, as if you were making a normal version of that item. So you don't have to literally create the metal that makes up your gun from nothing but you do have to make it from the base materials up.

Usually in Fate, a Servant is summoned with their NPs hence the NPs being 'part of the Servant', meaning they can summon and desummon the NPs at will and they generally heal from most damage. Your's aren't just summoned phantasmal weapons, they're the real thing that you've made physically in the current time. You can't summon/desummon them unless you make them able to do that personally, they can be broken and won't innately heal but you can make them for more then just yourself, so you can give what you make to other people.
>>
>>46367127
The less we talk about Grand Order Solomon the less of a headache we get.

Speaking of stats Billy the Kid's are kinda low compared to how swole people get: D E B E B C. Yes his best base stats are agility and luck. But his personal skills seem to make up for it with IA A, Riding C+, Marksmanship (a recent skill for gun based servants like Annie Bonnie/Mary Read) A++, Quickdraw A+, and Eyes of Mind (False) C.

If I had to take any guess Billy's pretty much meant to be exactly a quickdrawing western cowboy than a ninja or a warrior

Also amusingly enough Edison's Territory Creation and Item Construction are perceived as EX but are actually D Rank
>>
>>46366181
Is Billy a Rider or an Archer here?
>>
>>46367243
Archer but as I posted just recently he as Riding as a personal skill.

also oh my god did Edison seriously Bullshit up his own stat chart. STR E, AGI E, Luck A, Mana, Endurance, and Noble Phantasm are all EX
>>
File: 001370891212.png (280 KB, 1280x1039) Image search: [Google]
001370891212.png
280 KB, 1280x1039
>>46367184
Awesome.

Would cybernetics for others be out of the question?
Just how well would they work? Would I have to make them function on a logical scale, or could I just go 'It's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit'?

I'm going crazy with ideas and opportunities that are open to me with this. Like holy crap.
>>
>>46367212
>Spoiler
Seriously? That's awesome.
>>
Possible incoming shit storm warning...

I have a question about the original fallout jump. Does the tech Nerf affect stuff that you build in jump?

The jump itself doesn't nerf skills and shouldn't anything you build technically be native to fallout? It would be like you are inventing it there.
>>
>>46367296
Yes.
>>
>>46367296
Yeah, it does. You can't come in and build an Ironman suit. You can use your tech to build something akin to the existing power armor.
>>
>>46367296
What >>46367307 said. I'm pleasantly surprised shitstorms haven't been very common of late. The other day I asked how Daedric Princes might die for reals, and it was settled very quickly with a conclusive "we don't know but it would probably break reality"
>>
>>46367212
>>46367257
>Spoilers
For all the shit he makes, sometimes Nasu shows just how great his brand of madness can be.

>>46367271
Cybernetics...sure, why not, think some people have cybernetics or robot suits. Biotech is probably out though, has to be crafting and not just growing or raising something.

It's magic, just remember that the better/stronger the creation the longer and more difficult it is to make and that it tops at A rank. As long as what you're making fits the rank it would be in for a Servant then it's fine.
>>
>>46367307
>>46367313
Ok, well I thought I would be a little cute with the rules but that's alright. Fair enough I can make do anyways. You can't blame me for trying to find loop holes.
>>
>>46367330
Oh hey, I was there for that, we had just finished discussing why trying to use the Skull or the duplication stand on Darkseid wouldn't work when you brought that up.
>>
>>46367343
Just ignore it. Treat it the same as any of the stupid stuff Manyfist makes as rules in his jumps because they both have about the same amount of reasoning.
>>
>>46367330
Well I am certainly glad if we can avoid any arguments. I didn't want to start one but I was curious and thought it was legitimately worth asking about instead of fanwanking it to be the way I wanted.
>>
What would it take to get Rose Quartz's odd bag of powers in Steven Universe? Would it just be a lot of Gemstone Lore?
>>
>>46367357
>reasoning

Isn't it technically possible to companion Elune in WoW without breaching the companion regulations?

>>46367379
Yeah, same here really. Feels nice to be able to ask simple questions and get simple answers.
>>
>>46367357
For those who want to do that it is certainly fair but I find a certain pride in overcoming rules and handicaps like that.
>>
>>46367395
Elune is just the Well of Eternity post retcon, pre retcon she might be a goddess but she's out somewhere else. She hasn't been seen in physical avatar on Azeroth.
>>
>>46367392
That depends, is it possible to actually meet her, or does she die before the Jump begins? I mean, Experiment says you'd be as strong as her, so if you actually met her, maybe you could analyze her and see what makes her tick?
>>
>>46367454
Worst come to worst you can just build a complete Liberty Prime with better armor and power supply. Or hell, mass produce him.
>>
>>46367481
>Reproducing something as great as Liberty prime
>Not just upgrading the original.
>>
>>46367497
>Going to the east coast where everything is shitty and uncivilized
>>
>>46367505
>Not wanting to bring Democracy to the east coast.
>>
>>46367470
The Jump seems to start at the beginning of the Show, given this comment.
>since the only other person with your condition is 13 going on 14 when this starts, and he barely knows how all of this works.
>>
>>46367522
West coast needs its democracy repaired and cleansed of corruption.
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
>>46367454
This. Limitations breed creativity. Creativity motivates progress and ambition. Progressing far enough to overcome challenges creates fulfilment in a hard-earned victory rather than a meaningless curbstomp decided in one punch.

Was that blatently OOC enough? I sure hope that was OOC enough

>>46367392
Isn't she, well, just a really buff Quartz who also headed the Crystal Gem rebellion? My instinctive answer is take gem science, take lots of xenobiology/genetic engineering perks and prepare to spend a lot of time tinerking with samples to see what makes them tick. Maybe get a sample from Steven's tummy at some point.

But I wasn't aware Rose had anything special other than the magic healing spit, the shield and being hella buff even by Quartz standards. I figured the magic healing spit was some kind of Gem science thing she developed during the war.

>>46367465
Erm...sorry, is that a yes or no? It's especially pertinent in my case because I DID in fact companion Elune so I'll have to retcon quite a few things if she ain't companionable.
>>
>>46367547
No, it was stupid. I didn't tell the guy to ignore the nerf myself, but I still think it's fucking retarded and nothing good comes of it, and hate you just a little bit more for supporting it.
>>
>>46367533
Then finish the west coast first then spread democracy towards the east.
>>
So hey, Hunter x Hunter.

Suppose I wanted to make my own super cool and original Hatsu. Now, I have not watched or read HxH, so if this is in some way forbidden or already done in canon, please forgive me.

What I have in mind, is a sequential physical technique in which the first strike places an "inert poison" within the struck area, the second strike spreads the poison throughout one's entire body, and the third strike causes it to become active, destroying the target's body from the inside like a poor man's Poor Man's Rose.

First, what category would this even be put under?
Second, what power tier would you class this as?
Third, would this even be a single technique, or would the differing effects require that it be bought multiple times in multiple categories to be put together as a combo?
>>
File: antispiraltinysmile.jpg (21 KB, 300x415) Image search: [Google]
antispiraltinysmile.jpg
21 KB, 300x415
>>46367568
I couldn't care less about being hated, but you misunderstand-I'm indifferent about the nerf as a concept, I'm merely expressing that I approach it with the same attitude as that guy.

>>46367523
Isn't she less dead and more transfigured into Steven or something? Gem biology is weird.
>>
>>46367634
Apparently, she IS him. Sort of. They're two different beings, but...the same? So, reincarnation, or something. I don't know, like you said gem biology is weird.
>>
>>46367018
Actually, speaking of Item Creation and giving NPs to other people.
Say the Jumper wasn't great at crafting themselves, but had an ongoing theme of using gear from a crafter companion, cp buys and the like. Would it be possible to buy EX Item Creation as a skill (class or personal) and apply it to someone else, or buy an EX rank NP that is basically just "you have an EX rank Item Creator supplying you," or something like that? Basically to make the Q to your James Bond?
Obviously it would take just as long as doing it yourself (or even somewhat longer, to balance out not requiring your personal attention), and you'd need to either supply materials yourself or enough resources to acquire them. Are there any other limitations it would need, or would the whole thing just not work?
>>
>>46367670
Why the fuck don't you just make your companion a servant?
>>
File: AntiSpiral231232.jpg (54 KB, 600x836) Image search: [Google]
AntiSpiral231232.jpg
54 KB, 600x836
>>46367657
I'm going with Saiyan-style fusion personally, if only because Patt's description of Steven Universe as Dragonball Z fanfiction is uncannily accurate.

>>46367670
Servant Skills are meant to be things only the Servant who has them in particular is able to use. You might be able to share Item Creation skills with an EX rank phantasm of some sort but they'd probably still be lower than EX. But as >>46367682 said the easiest way is to just straight up make them a Servant with the relevant skill.
>>
>>46367682
At the risk of stretching the analogy way too far, because James Bond is the Heroic Spirit of the story, not Q.
>>
>>46367670
No, you can't really do either of those things. If you want someone else to have that ability, you need to make them the Servant and give it to them then. Item Creation in particular because the Noble Phantasm making part is an ability you only get from having an EX rank in Item Creation, whereas the rest is just lots of skill.
>>
>>46367736
And Shiro is the hero of the story despite Saber being his servant. Your point?
>>
>>46367738
Ok, thanks anyway.
>>
>>46367750
>And Shiro is the hero of the story despite Saber being his servant
That's possibly the worst example you could have used, given that Shirou is getting flashbacks and powerups from Archer's presence and in one route just straight-up gets his arm and gets a huge powerup from it. If both of us being a Servant was an injump option I wouldn't have needed to ask.
>>
>>46367815
If it helps, you could jump Fate/ Extra in addition to the normal Fate/ Jump, unless you already had plans for that.
>>
>>46367815
Not really, you can replicate his power set pretty well. Buy a Reality Marble. Hell, you can end up STRONGER, buy a shit ton of magus options, some magic circuits, your reality marble and bam, stronger than Shirou, got a servant. Easy peasy.
>>
>>46367815
Oh, and only survives even his most basic magical fumblings with his nerves because he has Avalon, ie Saber's NP. He wouldn't be much of a Hero if he was dead or crippled from experimenting on himself with magic years before the story even started. That's the story of huge numbers of Nasu Magus' after all.
>>
>>46367579
I would say that is something like Manipulation, Emission, and Transmutation or Conjuration. Manipulation and Emission to put your nen into someone's body and affect it from within, and transmutation or conjuration to make the poison. Transmutation is more that your nen mimics the properties of poison, while conjuration is more creating actual poison from your nen. In addition, with the HxH Nen system, having requirements like "I must touch someone once to poison them, twice to spread it, and three times to activate it" fits within the system of Vows that it has, where restrictions and limitations on how you activate and utilize your nen can increase its power. Of course, while you can't flat out make "A poison that can kill anyone", you can make your poison more powerful by placing restrictions or limitations on how it activates, such as creating a poison that only harms people if they move, or if they reveal certain information.
>>
>>46366395
I've... avoided getting any of those - for some reason I prefer to keep my soul "inside", so to speak. I'm contemplating getting a Stand, and I'm still a bit leery of even that.

Actually even after dozens of jumps I'm still trundling around in a fairly ordinary-seeming human vessel.
>>
>>46367907
>I'm contemplating getting a Stand, and I'm still a bit leery of even that.
You could always make it an Ability Stand, those don't manifest outside of your body at all.
>>
>>46367925
Huh. That's pretty neat, thanks anon.
>>
>>46367738
Hey Val, it's the idiot from earlier. I have another question for you.

When crafting an NP, what matters more: the materials used, or the intention of the crafter?

If I made a pendant that involved the flesh or blood of the Hydra, could I decide if it would have poisonous OR regenerative properties while making it, or am I at the mercy of chance or something?

It'd reallllllly suck if I tried to give someone a gift that was supposed to make them healthy, and they just dropped dead when they put it on.
>>
File: antismileral.jpg (13 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
antismileral.jpg
13 KB, 236x200
Is anyone familiar with Tales of Symphonia by any chance? I've been trying to look up more information about Angelus Stones, but so far all I've found is that there are Exspheres and Key Crests (which are made) and there are Cruxis Crystals, which Exspheres can become when they achieve "critical mass" but there only seems to be mentions of an Angelus project rather than the stones proper.

Does anyone know whether it's possible for an Angelus Stone to be cultivated from a Cruxis Crystal and how, and would anyone take a gander at whether the whole system is more technology or spiritualism for the purposes of recombination with other systems?
>>
>>46368051
Angelus Stones are basically better Cruxcis Crystals. You don't develop them via improving a Cruxcis Crystal, but by developing an Exsphere into a Cruxcis Crystal with the process described as the Angelus Project.

It's basically magitech, so if you want to fiddle with exspheres or derivatives, you need to work under that context.
>>
>>46368050
Bit of both really. What you can make depends on the materials and method, but you ultimately decide what you get from the options those give you. For your example, you could decide whether it was some healing item or poison item.
>>
I'm looking for an item, could anyone point me to the jump it's in? It's a VR pod, with the Jump-chan fiat ability to take account for your abilities in the simulation, so you could experiment with them or just cut loose and have fun or whatever. I can't remember where it's from, though.
>>
>>46368116
SAO?
>>
File: 1437335477883.jpg (39 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
1437335477883.jpg
39 KB, 704x528
>Have notes for a jump I was making that included some really obscure shit that was only postulated by an NPC in one line of dialogue and is never mentioned anywhere else.
>Lost the notes.
>>
>>46368111
Great, thanks.
I keep forgetting to ask this question:
How long should it take to make an NP?
Are we talking weeks, months, years, or longer?
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
>>46368098
Ah, I see-that sounds simple enough, thanks! It was just slightly concerning since some of the information seems to indicate more powerful stones/crystals run the risk of turning users into angels(?) after enough exposure, and since the 300 CP drawback BBEG's referred to as a Seraphim it seemed liked something that would take a lot of resources and be a Bad Thing if done improperly.

>>46368116
Hmm, that sounds like Arena Mode from Dwarf Fortress-but it's a perk, and also some of the simulators from EVO.
>>
>>46368134
Depends on the ranks. An E rank? A day to a week at most of work. A ranks will take six months to a year of constant work.
>>
>>46368143
>Risk
It's not a risk, it's a certainty. Using a Cruxcis Crystal or Angelus Stone for long enough WILL turn you into an Angel and give you the effects of the Lifeless Being perk. Period. It will happen. Can't stop it. It's just, that's not a bad thing. As long as you have a Key Crest/Rune Crest, you're fine. You get all the positive advantages of being an Angel, with none of the downsides that you see in the rank and file (that is, being emotionless and without drive or will.) So don't fret and accept it. Or don't use them.
>>
>>46368122
Yeah, looks like that's it. Thanks. I had the idea to get around the end-jump planar travel restriction, in a very limited way. There are a lot of works of fiction that I'd like to go to that just wouldn't work as a jump, so I figured I'd use the Adaptionater from Princess Bride to turn them into scenario programs for the VR system and play them in my spare time. Sure, I wouldn't get anything out of them other than the enjoyment, but it would still be really fun. Adaptionater ensures it's the best version of that thing that could possibly exist, so setting it to "VR sim" should make an extremely immersive and enjoyable adventure.

>>46368143
No, it was tech. >>46368122 seems to have it right with the Digital Projection Helmet. Thanks, though.
>>
>>46368157
Is it possible to make B+ Noble Phantasms? Or is it that the value of the Noble Phantasm can't exceed the value of an A rank (50)?
>>
>>46368157
Oh wow, that's great. Way better than I expected.
And you said that if I have some crafting speed boosts, that they might help?
Also, while crafting something, will I have to keep pouring raw materials into it, or just magic energy?
>>
>>46368199
Do you know how making things work? Seriously anon you ask really stupid questions.
>>
>>46368191
I'd say no, that you wouldn't be able to add +s to B ranks. C and below you could give one or two, but nothing that would put it above A.

>>46368199
Crafting perks that boost speed or overall quality also work here. Just crafting skill boosts won't really help that much, since the NP part is mostly a matter of ability rather then being really skilled.

Depends on what you're making, but generally it's just magical energy and constant attention, a few hours a day. Think of it like a job.

>>46368204
It's fine anon.
>>
Since Item creation is being discussed could you make a noble phantasm with a rank A++ in item creation, what would it's max level be if you could?
>>
File: konataanswers.png (115 KB, 275x320) Image search: [Google]
konataanswers.png
115 KB, 275x320
>>46368143
> risk of turning users into angels(?)
That's not a risk, it's a certainty. The crystals just do that, period. It's part of Yggdrasil's dumbass plot to end war and racism by turning people into soulless drones.
But if you have a Key Crest, which basically acts as a buffer between the soul and the stone, you can use the crystal no problem.

To answer your original question, I think spiritual technique might give you an edge with working around that particular aspect, but as Anon stated, they're basically high end magitech, and should be treated as such in terms of tinkering.
It's easier if you think of it in terms of "this is a magic item that grants a bunch of physical/magical boosts that emulate angels in appearance, and also it sucks your soul out".
>>
>>46368238
I think you need EX rank in Item Creation to make NPs at all. Otherwise it's just really, really good Mystic Codes.

Mind you, this isn't necessarily an unsurmountable issue. Zelretch's Jeweled Sword is technically a Mystic Code rather than an NP and it's easily comparable to Ea (the F/SN version anyway) in raw damage.
>>
>>46368204
Well I'll just have to ask you to forgive me my stupidity, anon. As I've previously mentioned in an earlier post, I know next to nothing about Fate/ and the two series I've watched never showed anyone creating an NP. I also have a tendency to never take anything for granted, even things that should be obvious.

>>46368211
Alright, thanks. I think that's my final question. Thank you for your patience with answering my endless queries. You're doing God's/Jumpchan's work.
>>
>>46368238
Anon, read my earlier posts and the several mentions of the limits. But to help you out- You cannot make NPs without having EX rank in Item Creation and even then you can only make E-A rank NPs. Read the rest of the discussion if you want more info.

>>46368264
To clarify on this because I know someone will get mistaken- no, you cannot make the Jewel Sword Zelretch (Yes he named his sword his own name, he's a prick) with Item Creation. It can get you started but you're still a long way from outright making it and just having it won't do anything without knowing the Second Magic.
>>
>>46368272
No problem at all. Feel free to ask any questions you might have, I'll generally be there to answer them right away but it might take me a few hours at times. Glad you're having fun.
>>
>>46368211
Hey Val, I've got a question. What do you think Charisma EX would be like? I've been trying to go off Saber's and Zero Rider's entries but all I'm really getting is a greater scale (ie - a planet as opposed to a country). Got any thoughts on this?
>>
>>46368157
>of constant work.
Is that constant as in 24/7, or constant as in 16 hours a day every day, or...?
>>
>>46368294
Goodness no, I didn't mean you could make THAT with that skill alone and I'm sorry if I gave that impression-the Second Magic is unobtainable after all. I meant more like using Item Creation/Magecraft/HSDW in conjunction with another magic system to achieve a weapon of similar prowess.

Why don't we talk about Blazblue sorcery more often? You guys have any idea how broken it is, potentially? I'm pretty sure the canon mages there could easily hand some Servants their asses.
>>
Just how high powered is Fate/Extra, especially compared to the original fate jump? And on top of this, for anyone who is familiar with the series, can the Masters fight as well, or is it just the servants?
>>
Since it seems like there is a fair amount of talk about the Fate jump right now, being summoned as a servant limits you to only what you've bought in the servant supplement, right?
For instance, I couldn't take advantage of a super strength perk to ignore otherwise E rank strength.
>>
>>46368335
No. Where do you people get these ideas?
>>
>>46368294
My apologies I missed it in the discussion. No matter though. I was going to give my servant Ex rank Item creation but honestly couldn't justify it to myself. I didn't see craftsmanship of that level being part of her legend... except for potions which I would say aren't noble phantasm worthy generally.
>>
>>46368330
Nevermind, just saw >>46368211 I'm an idiot.
>>
General Nasuverse/Kara no Kyoukai question regarding origins.

Is it ever a good idea to awaken someone to their origin? From the wiki walking I've done so far it seems that it gives you a moderate boost in an area related to what your origin is, but it also causes you to be consumed by the same singular idea.
>>
>>46368365
No it's never a good idea.
>>
>>46368314
Charisma is a bit of a weird skill, in that it seems to have much less effect then you'd think. Gilgamesh has the highest rank in series, A+, described as being so charismatic it's like a curse. And yet he's hated almost universally in and out of series. Saber too rarely displays any sort of charisma. Iskandar is the only one that does and even then it's mostly limited to a military use.

Personally, I think that Charisma EX is just going to be making you supernaturally charismatic to a fair degree, as well as teaching you a ton of leadership skills. You could potentially lead a worldwide empire but it's not going to enslave the minds of everyone you talk to. Sorry if it's a bit vague, I'm not too great at giving good examples for something as nebulous as charisma.

>>46368330
8 hours a day. You know, average working hours.

>>46368331
Oh, I get ya now, it's fine. Second Magic isn't unobtainable, only the ability to travel between dimensions (i.e jumps) is, but it is still absurdly hard to learn and possibly impossible without killing Big Z or actually being in a Type Moon jump during the learning. But yes, you can potentially make something like that if you combine other things with Item Creation.

>>46368335
No, what you buy in the supplement stacks on top of what you already have.

>>46368348
Potions are generally covered by the lower levels of Item Creation.

>>46368365
It's pretty dumb.
>>
>>46368348
>except for potions which I would say aren't noble phantasm worthy generally.
Maybe not in general, but I'm pretty sure there's at least a few in Fate that are; discounting things like how bathing in Fafnir's blood gave Siegfried his NP, there are direct NP potions like the Potion of Youth Gil keeps in his lootgate.
>>
>>46368365
I would generally say no. In awakening an origin someone is regressing back to that origin. Lio was turning in to multiple carnivorous beasts. Had Shiki not killed him he would have effectively died anyway. He was regaining memories of his past lives but was also losing himself. Eventually he would have been a bunch of mindless beasts consuming anything they could.
I think this is something that falls squarely in the always a bad idea column.
>>
What are some good perks for getting some hammerspace?
>>
>>46368388
>8 hours a day. You know, average working hours.
Huh. That's the same time as Magic Item Creation time for the day for D&D... Convenient.
>>
>>46368395
My Servant is Circe. Her potions are certainly powerful in that they turn people in to beasts and likely work like charm potions. I would even imagine she is better at potion creation than her niece Medea but I still don't see her reaching that Ex rank level.
>>
>>46368441
Being considered a god in some legends (which isn't automatically a disqualifier; see Scathatch or Herakles) I'd imagine she's qualified for EX HSDW though, to represent her profound knowledge of mysticism.
>>
Huh, lots of fate discussion today, might as well contribute my question as well. As someone who has never gotten into the series, are any of the grail wars significantly more dangerous than the others?
>>
>>46368454
I just went with A+++ so I could have EX rank Terrain creation. I tend to leave her to protect my bases and such and people that are dumb enough to try and breach them tend not to fair very well. In the grail war she recreated her island for her base and hid it with magic. I think that was scary enough.
>>
>>46368467
The Tokyo Holy Grail War has the Anti-Christ/Beast as a servant, and a more reasonable, less powerful Gilgamesh, so maybe that one? Also a male King Arthur and a female MC, if that matters.
>>
>>46368467
Grand Order isn't an option but is hilariously dangerous
The first war probably has some of the most dangerous masters
>>
>>46368492
That's a fair tradeoff. I wish there was a Servant with EX Territory by itself to get a better idea of what it can do since the only canon EX Territory user used it in conjunction with an EX Noble Phantasm; oddly enough it was conceptually nerfed because Semiramis only got the phantasm from her legend being conflated with that of the Hanging Gardens.
>>
>>46368467
Very much so.

I put Prototype as the most dangerous myself, as you have a Servant gauranteed to win his first 12 fights, true immortal Gilgamesh with a satellite laser, super King Arthur, 6 extra Servants under the command of a super magus and literally Satan.

Strange Fake is filled with Mary Sues that can beat Gilgamesh with ease, so it's probably the 2nd hardest.

Apocrypha has two teams of 7 Servants, mostly pretty strong ones and both sides have their own plans going on, but this one is probably 3rd hardest unless you just stay back until both sides fight and clean up after in which case I'd put it as the 4th.

Fate Stay Night/The 5th War. This one is the 3rd hardest in my personal view overall, as it has a bunch of strong or cheaty Servants, a few extra Servants waiting in the wings and about a half dozen secret plots all going on at the same time. All 3 routes happen simultaneously so if you're really unlucky you can be fighting both crazy Gilgamesh and All the World's Evil's avatar at once.

Fate Zero/The 4th War. Most of the masters are experienced and serious about winning, they'll kill you on sight generally. Good news is that there's not really any behind the scenes plans, not too bad, so this one is the closest to a straight fight as you can get. It does have a number of powerful Servants so those fights won't be easy, but you won't get fucked by suprise rape worms either. I'd say this is the easiest compare to the others, though it doesn't mean it's easy.

The 1st and 3rd wars have almost no info on them so it's hard to say. We do know a little about each, but not enough to compare to the others. If you want anymore detail on any of them, just ask.
>>
>>46368467
There's a damn good reason why Extra has its' own jump. It verges on Shin Megami Tensei powerlevels, with some batshit insane feats by the time of CCC. The final boss for Extra's main route is comparable to some of the higher end SMT pagan deities like Okuninushi.

The final boss for CCC well...look, you have to understand-when I say she's like a little Mem Aleph, it's a statement of her strength, not weakness in the same way saying Metatron is a little YHVH says volumes about how buff he is (on paper). Amongst other things the final boss devoured a lot of beings that are basically amalgamates (yes, in the Undertale sense) of the Nasuverse's answer to the creator goddesses beholden to Mem Aleph in order to become a supreme being separate from the planet with an attack capable of hurting it-which is a Big Deal in Nasu cosmology.

>>46368529
Isn't Angra Mainyu Literally Satan?
>>
>>46368543
No Angra Mainyu is just the embodiment of all evil.
Satan is a angel that when though a rebellious phase with god
>>
I have a question, would "No Sell" from Tsukihime work on things like Anti-Dragon/God/Demon effects
>>
>>46368388
>Gilgamesh has the highest rank in series, A+, described as being so charismatic it's like a curse. And yet he's hated almost universally in and out of series.

It's because all the ability in the world doesn't help if, to echo Wolverine telling Cyclops, "you're a dick". He's so far up himself in the way he treats others, it basically puts a minus sign in front of his rank - or to put it another way, it's like finally getting to meet the author of all those fantastic books you read as a child, and discovering they're (now) a self-entitled asshole.
>>
>>46368556
Fate doesn't have Satan as far as I know, though, so he's the closest they have to anthropomophised pure evil
>>
>>46368563
Strange Fake literally has the antichrist, Beast of 666
>>
>>46368560
This. Kid Gil is still kinda a smug shit but also gets along way better with people because he's self aware enough to realise what a smug shit he grew up to be. Heck, in Hollow Ataraxia I swear he learned something from it after going back to being Big Gil because I last recall him playing with some kids.

Which says a lot since he was, y'know, literally devouring orphan life energy for sustenance in Stay/Night
>>
>>46368543
Nah, different things. Angra Mainyu is the Zoroastrian god of evil (Pretty sure). In Fate, he's originally a village boy that was tortured in every imaginable way because his village used him, unwillingly I add, as a sacrifice to get rid of all the evil in the world. That somehow let him be summoned as a heroic spirit and once he was killed and sent to the grail, he corrupted it and his wish of becoming the true Angra Mainyu was granted.entire
>>
>>46368563
Actually, not that anon but Fate/Prototype has the Anti-Christ as the sevant of the BBEG, with Satan presumably pulling the strings.
>>
>>46368581
>>46368602
Also I meant Literally Satan in the sense of being Literally Pure Evil Incarnate but y'know what, fair enough-this shit gets pedantic for fairly good reasons in series like Fate that deal with rgia postmodern polytheistic syncretic ecumenicism crap.

Also apparently YHVH is a thing in GO too? Does that mean he's just another very buff Divine Spirit like Ea and Amaterasu? Is he the source of the Church's Holy Sacraments?
>>
Also if YHVH was NOT the god who gave Solomon his hax than I can officialy go fuck myself along with Nasu because I feel like I'm just driving myself insane trying to comprehend everything.
>>
>>46368543
So what you are saying is, dont fuck with fate/extra
>>
>>46368388
>Personally, I think that Charisma EX is just going to be making you supernaturally charismatic to a fair degree, as well as teaching you a ton of leadership skills
Huh. Might be worth it to just go for something like Military Tactics in that case, although the supernatural charisma definitely sounds useful. Either way, thanks Val.
>>
>>46368644
If YHVH isn't the god who gave Solomon his hax, then Nasu has lost whatever shred of sanity he had left.
>>
>>46368645
With the addendum "because it literally climaxes LITERALLY literally climaxes in CCC with a battle that would give SMT protagonists a serious challenge, against a being that could actually hold its' own in the SMTverse"
>>
>>46368636
Ah, my bad. Yeah, literal satan was probably a poor joke, it's the Beast of 666, whatever you interpret that as. Given prototype's mostly just the original draft (And it sounds so much cooler) of FSN, it's basically just the precursor to Angra Mainyu in FSN anyway.

>>46368543
Nnnoooot quite. Most of Extra is just a gauntlet against Servants that are mostly normal. In the jump, you can choose to just fight the 7 Servants or not do that and go against the system to fight Saver who is genuinely pretty bullshit. You're completely right on CCC however. All of that is pretty insane.

>>46368645
Extra the jump is normally and for most people just a 7 fight gauntlet. It'll be a fairly tough fight, you'll fight on average the same level of opponent Hakuno did in game (Barring Saver) but you can choose who specifically you want to fight. If you want to start with Extra Gilgamesh and fight 5-6 below average guys, sure. If you want to fight a mix of strong and weak ones, also fine. Up to you, so long as it evens out.

You can up the difficulty massively by going to CCC (Which is totally optional) but think of that like taking one of the 800cp drawbacks in the recent Devil Survivor jumps (Sorry DS author, it's a handy example). It's going to go from something you have a fair chance of winning with just what you get in jump to a mid-late game jumper threat.

>>46368644
>>46368636
Far as I remember, Aprocrypha makes implications that YHVH and the counterforce are one and the same, that is basically people mistaking the Counter Force for God and Counter Guardians for angels. Can't be arsed looking through Apocrypha for back up so it could very well be wrong.
>>
>>46368693
So god's a woman.
>>
>>46368693
>Sorry DS author
Pfft, you kidding me? You mentioning those is a definitely a boost to my ego, it's no problem at all. Speaking of Jumps, DDS part 1 is almost done for anyone who cares. Just need the last drawback and ending. I'll be posting that in a bit.
>>
>>46368711
Uh...maybe? A quick look on the wiki tells me my info on what the Counter Force is is pretty out of date. So yeah, woops.
>>
Does anyone know how strong the magic you get from King Arthur is if you choose Le Morte d'Arthur for your setting?
>>
Every time Val comes to a thread it's just Fate and Spiders. Being Val must be suffering.
>>
>>46368929
It's a spidery fate.
>>
File: DigitalDevilSagaPart1JumpWIP.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DigitalDevilSagaPart1JumpWIP.pdf
1 B, 486x500
ALRIGHT, THE BEAST IS SLAIN! Part 1 of DDS is now done, and I'm going to bed! GOOD NIGHT, ANONS! I SHALL AWAKEN FROM MY SLUMBER LATER TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.
>>
>>46368929
It's only a matter of time until Nasu decides what Fate needs is Arachne as some sort of monstergirl Servant and then the cycle will come full circle.
>>
File: Determination.png (730 KB, 1023x982) Image search: [Google]
Determination.png
730 KB, 1023x982
>>46368949
YES. THANK YOU.
>>
>>46368949
Wait, so Drop-Ins can't have Mantra, or get more?
>>
>>46369080
...I'll answer this one question, but Drop-Ins can get Mantras, they just don't get a discount. This is because they'll only get a demon form in part 2, which will be weaker,which itself is because they hey other powers. Now save your questions! I go to rest after my victory against this beast of a Jump.
>>
File: The Polity Jump 0.3.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The Polity Jump 0.3.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Not meaning to upstage DDS, I've updated Polity. Not feeling well so may not be able to hang around - post Q's/typos/broken shit in thread and I'll see it eventually.

Changelog to 0.3 - UCAP now 200cp like it was supposed to be -.- . Clarification on Prador companions & companions taking drawbacks. Added a bit more background stuff to a few perks and descriptions. Added the start of the Setting Primer to Notes for people unfamiliar with setting.

Still to add: Frontier and Researcher backgrounds and perk lines.
>>
Just to be sure, does Final Form let you use your full NGE Angel AT Field capabilities while human-sized?
>>
>>46369192
I'm not the best at this but it pretty much says it does
>>
>>46369192
>Further, any alt forms you have may now be freely combined; access any of your powers or traits from any form.

It implies that it requires "combining" your alt forms; it's up to your personal fanwank how that works out. Of course if your Angel is one of the non-euclidean dimensionally-transcendant types, you can just use that trait to explain how your "human-sized" body is producing AT fields that normally require a building-sized S2 organ.
>>
>>46369378
>you can just use that trait to explain how your "human-sized" body is producing AT fields that normally require a building-sized S2 organ.
Can't you buy the AT Field perks without buying the S2 engine though?
>>
>>46369390
wouldn't that mean you'd basically be a human with a soul?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.