[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekend Quest Discussion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: image.png (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
23 KB, 600x600
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as 'make a board for quests'.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/p43nAY7b
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. It appears that the person running this directory is no longer adding people; a new directory may be made soon.

> QM question
What part of QMing do you enjoy the most?

> Player question
What part of playing quests do you enjoy the most?
>>
>>46311205
> Player question
Discussion really. If I wanted to just read a story, I'd go get a book.
>>
>>46311205
> QM question
I like watching how players take the basic idea I had and do things with it I would have never thought of.
>>
Hey, I'm running a quest now, it's usually pretty much just one offs, but today it's based off some previous ones.

>>46313386
>>
What the heck you guys, it's monday
>>
>>46313886
I mean, it went a full 7 days last week, at this point I wasn't even surprised to find it up.
>>
>>46313886
Hail the new flesh.
>>
>>46311205
This is the same guy who was posting it last week. Same shitty, boring questions.
>>
>>46315130
You're actually wrong since I was the one who posted it on Wednesday. Different OP image and everything.

Faggot.
>>
>>46315130
Let's subcontract some better ones.
>>
File: 1422875356259.png (33 KB, 477x549) Image search: [Google]
1422875356259.png
33 KB, 477x549
If I can regain my courage after my last fiasco I might try another shot at questing different subject though: something that's less likely to draw negative attention than "schoolgirl wants senpai to notice her". I'd just like to ask two questions to the more experienced questfags.

1. Your players pick an unexpected option/come up with one themselves. Wat do? Do you just wing it?
2. Where do you get your inspiration from?
3. At what point do you just stop? I see quests with 100+ threads and I can't help but wonder how those even stick around? At that point the quest is too long to get new players involved so there must be a really big and loyal following.
>>
>>46311205
>What part of playing quests do you enjoy the most?
If I had to pick, it'd be those moments where you make a suggestion that everyone else picks up, is generally considered a smart move, and/or takes the quest in a better or at the very least more interesting direction. Basically, it's the feeling you get when you or what you did Matter.
>>
>>46315283
>1.
Do better than wing it. Take their write-in and its expectation to a place they couldn't have anticipated, give them more than what they asked for better than what they thought they could get. Do this enough and players will trust you more with their write-ins, especially on making in-character goals write themselves. If you're talking about doomed choices or nuclear options though just veto those for clearer more in-character ideas, unless it's very fitting to self destruct.
>2.
Every piece of media/work I've ever read, watched, interacted with, broken apart, talked about, and person I've met. Coffee & Alcohol, gingerbread snaps, and sweetened heavy cream butter on biscuits.
>3.
You stop when it's no longer fun or entertaining for you or your players. So long as you like what you do and your players feel the same you won't have a reason to stop, except real life. Keep in mind though, a lot of the quests that have gone on for that long also tended to have the sort of settings to back them up in material and improvisation.
My setting was only 1/7th of what it became prior to unleashing players into it.
>>
>>46315283
I just looked it up. Wow, you didn't even try.

Are you the same guy I gave advice to about this sort of quest before? If you run something where the premise is just 'anime' you'll attract negative attention unless you have some other spin to put on it. It's an unfortunate consequence of having Tale around.

As for your questions.
1) Follow it if it doesn't destroy your story completely, veto it if it ruins everything you do. Think very carefully whether you can take what you've been given and work with it to make your story MORE interesting because of it.

2) Everywhere. Literally everything gives me inspiration. I have 22 quest ideas that I'm not running right now. You get them from TV and the news and posting on 4chan, and sometimes from dreams and sometimes you just think 'wouldn't it be weird/cool if...'

If you cannot find any inspiration, don't write. You'll find that the more inspiration you have, the more ideas hit you, especially when you start keeping notes of every idea you had.

3) You run for as long as the plot demands. Some are resolved in a few threads, others take hundreds. If you're still having fun and the quest gets a reputation for being good, people will binge read it in the archives to catch up. I know I do. If you really love your cast and don't want to let them go you can change the plot or plan a sequel in the same universe.

I don't think you're necessarily a bad writer, since I haven't really seen anything from you but you do need a few things before you can go again.
>be confident enough to write (scary, I know)
>be interested in your story - there was nothing inherently wrong with your premise, but we didn't even begin to explore it because you ran away immediately
>leave enough room in your plans that you can change the story to fit the direction your audience leads you
>set options in a way that doesn't let people derail the whole thing instantly
You had way more voters than most first time quests get. Next time, try.
>>
>>46315568
>>46315469
Thanks for the replies. I have a lot more confidence in this other idea of mine though. I might return to my original one after it, when I have more confidence in my writing ability (or corrected the flaws it has).

I drew some inspiration from existing quests, civ threads and the like. I think (not sure) I'll end up running it on thursday. This time I'll make sure not to instantly run away the moment I'm getting nervous.
>>
>>46315320
>>46315320
Had this feeling once in BQ but now it seems like the whole drive is to be as retarded as possible because lol Mik so cuhrazy
>>
>>46311205
>What part of QMing do you enjoy the most?
I like the dynamic between me and the players (eg: how I show it, and how they interpret that thing)

They take a relatively small sidenote and turned it into a key (albeit silly) aspect of the character/
>>
What quests have good supporting characters? What makes a side character interesting?
>>
>>46321137

Their capacity to suffer.
>>
>>46321137
Essentially the opposite of a stereotypical waifu.

The character should be competent in their specialized field enough so that the players should be able to reasonably trust them to perform their duty without fucking up or being micromanaged.

They should have their own agency to create and work towards their own goals that they may or may not involve the players in.

They should hold their own ideals and opinions, even if this means having an argument with the protagonist once in awhile. They are characters, not selectable units in an rts. Even if a chain of command is involved, that doesn't mean the character can't attempt to convince the players to change course or to help in the character's own goals.

Essentially, a character that just acts like an actual person.
>>
>>46321137
If we go by what >>46321438 said, then I'm gonna say Valen is pretty good about supporting characters.
>>
>>46321137
>What quests have good supporting characters?
Devil Summoner London/New Cycle had a good cast.

>What makes a side character interesting?
What >>46321438 this guy said. They are all people with their own personalities and desires.
>>
Good news, my quest is coming back on April.
>>
>>46323009
What quest is this?
>>
I kinda want to run a quest based off fighting games/animu high school action
>>
>>46321137
Ryukuza Quest, Valen Quest, and oddly Joker Quest.
>>
>>46324698
Rival Schools Quest?
>>
>>46324760
Something like that but a bit more ambitious, add in some Ikkitousen, A little bit of Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Dead or alive, Senran Kagura and see what happens?
>>
Shinigami quest is pretty neat.

Thanks for recommending it to me, anons.
>>
>check in on /tg/
>fucking hellborn quest is still running
>I was there for the first thread
>Now I am married, have my degree, and have moved twice
Holey fuck. What is the trick to such a long-lasting quest?

Also that smut-bind was cute as fuck.
>>
>>46324991
I gotchu senpai.
>>
>>46325026
A NEET QM
>>
I started writing MedievalQuest last saturday. While I'm pretty now to the entire quest idea, I've been having a lot of fun with it so far. I'd like some opinions though:

1. Should I allow write-ins more?
2. Should I implement a money system?
3. Do you want to see fleshed out combat?
>>
>>46325026
Bad pacing but still have a solid following.
>>
>>46325459
>1. Should I allow write-ins more?
Yes. In fact write-ins should nearly always be a silent/unspoken option, if they're reasonable and achieve consensus.

>2. Should I implement a money system?
Yes, if money and trade is an important aspect of the quest.

>3. Do you want to see fleshed out combat?
Only if it has strong, understandable mechanics.
>>
>>46325459
1. Always allow write-ins, but filter them for reasonable actions. Also write them how the MC would approach them, don't just induct them word for word.

2. Do you just want something extra to keep track of? Will it really be useful, or just something you thought "oh that would be neat"? If the latter, don't mess with it.

3. Will fleshing it out slow your quest down? Are you comfortable with your mechanic ideas and able to explain them easily? Can you write good fighting? Keep these in mind. If it isn't currently broken, no need to add more bells and whistles.
>>
>>46325494
>>46325500
I've allowed a couple of write-ins so far. I usually present a few dialogue choices outlining the general direction I'm going with it, but there have been times where players have suggested something to say. I try to work it in when I can.

As for the money system, it's not easy to keep track of in the current state. I'm still trying to simplify it. Due to the fact that the MC is a Merchant, we might need it down the line.

Again, it's all up to what happens in the quest. While not a trained fighter, the character knows how to throw a couple of punches. I can write good fighting, but I've got crippling dyscalculia, which means that I might need a 2nd person to handle the combat mechanics. Also applies to the money system.
>>
>>46325516
You could totally have the merchant not use money. Even go as far as making it a character quirk; they hate money but they love to barter and trade.
Historically there's a good amount of successful merchants that technically have never touched a coin, though most of them fell under the purview of trading lands/labor/ships/leases/estate debts, etc.

But that does sound like a harder game to play, so what forms of combat and warfare are most common in your setting?
>>
>>46325806
We're currently sitting on the 5th of August, 1095. A few months away from the call of the First Crusade.

It's all up to the players if we actually answer that call. If we crusade, then I'll have to create a system of some sorts. If we don't, then I'll introduce the money system.

On a sidenote: Is it good to create character bios for your readers? To get a general idea of the character's (so far known) past, their motives and general description.
>>
>>46325854
A lot of people enjoy character bios and backgrounds. If you're going to make them, link them at the top of the thread in a pastebin
>>
>>46325854
>On a sidenote: Is it good to create character bios for your readers?
It's an extremely good idea.
Keep in mind though unless it's also IC knowledge you might not want it there.

IE; the players would know things that their character has no way of knowing, and it would influence their decision making with their companions or allies.

Or in a different case you'd wind up eliminating a chance for other characters to open up to the MC in a way that sheds light on their past, or in a way that lies about their past. This is just my opinion but generally speaking MC's shouldn't have absolutely perfect knowledge of their companions unless the players have actively done their homework.
>>
>>46313886
Easter Monday is a holiday, though.
>>
>>46321137
Joker Quest.
They are protagonists of their own stories and awesome in their own regard.

There's also the fact that the supporting characters cannot be taken for granted. For example, we killed a bro's waifu and he just fucking left the entire cast behind and fucked off into nowhere.
That makes them more fleshed-out. You can't just befriend a guy who tells you to not start a fucking war and then start a war and expect him to continue supplying you with gear.

However, I would say that the female characters in Joker Quest are, for the most part, atrocious.
They are way too fucking emotional and unstable. They are very needy in contrast to the bros. Lose a bro and you know WHY he hates us. Lose a waifu and you just know that you stepped on a mine.

The oddest thing about the quest is that the most reliable characters are the fucking sociopaths. Making deals with them is generally a good idea and they actually keep their word, in contrast to everyone else.
>>
>>46325941
It depends on how the companions are used.

For example, Joker Quest has condensed side character bios when a team encounter is about to happen and you need to assemble the correct group for the job.
But otherwise the characters are never spoiled.

This actually lead to one of the characters basically being adopted by us. His biography was "his only weapon is a WMD that removes the EXP that a kill would normally grant, so he has never leveled up", which lead us to giving him training and gear during the quest and make him into a competent fighter.

Biographies should appear either when a certain relationship status has been reached (assume that the characters had a heart-to-heart at some point in the background) or if the information is absolutely necessary but there's no way to get it in a plausible fashion (the aforementioned JQ bios).
>>
>>46326025
>They are way too fucking emotional and unstable. They are very needy in contrast to the bros. Lose a bro and you know WHY he hates us. Lose a waifu and you just know that you stepped on a mine.
Sounds about right when dealing with females. Looks like Joker Quest really nailed every kind of character.
>>
What are the best methods for plopping players into an original setting? Is it any different than PnP groups with introductional exposition followed by sprinkles every now and then of slight setting excerpts that connect things together?
>>
>paladin of joy chargen
Jesus Christ, I'm amazed it got anywhere. Whenever I thought it ended, it just kept going
>>
>>46326228

Action.

Start off with a big action setpiece, and go from there. Action establishes a lot of things:

1.) What can the player do?
2.) What is he reasonably expected to be fighting?
3.) How competent is he?
4.) What are the setting's 'rules'?

For example, contrast a bare-knuckle brawl in a bar with a martial arts duel on the surface of a lake or a big anime showdown.
>>
>>46326891
I have a lot of respect for the players that went through all that. I glazed over it entirely and just skipped to what I considered the meat of the quest.
>>
>>46326227
Please die.
>>
>>46328064

I dunno, man. Women are fucking crazy.

My ex-girlfriend stabbed me in her hand with her keys when we broke up. I still have the scar.
>>
>>46327180
Do we have to have explody shit and manly dudes pounding into each other?
>>
>>46328163
And male protesters in Vietnam lit themselves on fire on international television. Crazy is not a gender-based attribute, fucker. Just because you met a crazy person and they were female doesn't mean all women are crazy. Jesus fucking Christ, this isn't a difficult concept.
>>
>>46328163
Your ex is fucking crazy. Maybe you should choose better than the first hole that will accept you?
>>
>>46328163
The only group that you can collectively call crazy is teenagers.
Which would make sense in Joker Quest, if the male characters didn't behave like adults while the girls behave like teenagers.
>>
>>46328182

I'm just saying, a quest should always set with something the player usually does. And more often than not, that should be something exciting.

In a racing quest, it should start with the PC and his opponent of the week neck-to-neck, with a hairpin turn coming up. Or if it's a Quest about fighter aces, it should be PC about to fight (or flee from) an insanely dangerous ace.

Like, if you're going to do a Gundam Quest, don't start it with the player going about his daily life before the colony catches fire. Start with invaders incinerating everything in sight, and the player just discovered the ancient machine that could be God or the Devil.

You know, that kind of thing.
>>
>>46328402

The main characters are very, very old. Joker is over a hundred subjective years old. White Joker may be over a thousand. A lot of them are also semi or sub-human, like Rust Kaiser. Imago is a parasite trapped in a rotting body.

The crazy and hysterical girls are either normal teenagers or relatively young.
>>
>>46328452
Have you forgotten Kazuya and Bishamon?

Natsumi has more experience than Bishamon and yet is much more unreasonable and unreliable. Supposedly she is an important commander, but all of her good feats only happen when we aren't looking. Whenever she appears, she's an idiot.
Yes, we friendzoned her, but she should still have the Red conditioning of knowing when to be serious.
>>
>>46328492

It's because she's in love with Joker. She's hyper-efficient anywhere else. He's her one weak spot, and all their actions keep hammering on it.

The few times we see her fight, she's extremely capable. Kazuya also has been established as special.

Bishamon is actually a giant goon outside of being a swordsman. That's actually one of the most appealing things about him. He just goes to pieces when he's in a awkward situation.
>>
File: img000002.png (316 KB, 1000x1417) Image search: [Google]
img000002.png
316 KB, 1000x1417
I only have two quest ideas and they're not fleshed out at all. Would appreciate input on them as they are right now.

1. An Alternative Timeline ASoIaF Quest. One difference changed the course of history and shaped Westeros to something entirely else from the books: Rhaegar killed Robert at the Trident and the Loyalists won the war with the "timely" help of Lord Tywin Lannister's host.

15 years has passed since. However, you're not a lord, knight, or even a peasant. You're a witty and skilled sellsword with nothing to his name but an Essosi bounty and a small insane tale or two. Upon arrival to King's Landing you soon find yourself involuntarily involved with a Red priest's business with the King himself and it only goes downhill from there. (Basically a very much less immortal and 4th-wall breaking deadpool-esque mercenary in Westeros)

2. You are a human Knight-mage who has shown his prowess and skills in your 7 years of loyal service to the Crown. When you're finally called to a meeting with your Commander, you expect to be promoted into a Captain, but something entirely else awaits you: A small Elvish child. You're told that this child carries the incarnated soul of the previous Avatar.

You orders? Take command of a three-man squad of other Knight-mages and escort this child to the three corners of the world to visit the birthplaces of Magic so she can unlock her past lives' powers.

You got your promotion, Knight-Captain, but not the way you had pictured it.
>>
>>46328163
Ah, having broken up with sane people. Still being friends with a few. Its a good feeling.
>>
>>46328423
>>46328182
If you want quest based examples of this Hive Queen Quest starts with settling on a hostile world, Banished quest starts with the character being thrown into a desert to die, Hellborn starts with conflict with other characters, Totemist starts out with the backdrop that your master is dead and now his job is yours and then you're right off to hunting, Deity Quest starts off with creation/introducing other gods/molding a world, Aspiring Emperor starts with the exposition that your kingdom got fucked and now's your characters chance to, well, aspire to be an emperor. The Lost Island quest starts with the characters getting on a boat interacting with other characters in the future-party as they begin their adventure alongside some struggles of sailing there, Shadow Quest starts with a fight against a dragon, Deniable Assets Quest starts with the MC hurtling through the atmosphere of a planet toward their mission and operational violence ensues, and so on.

The measure goes back as far as the first pieces of theatrical literature. You need to have the beginning grab someones attention or they're not going to bother.
In the case of quests it's something that also needs to give the players big influence over their character for the first few bits, to enact that feeling of having their posts actually matter.
>>
>>46328548
interested in 2
>>
>>46328182
>manly dudes pounding into each other?

Run it.
>>
>>46328548

2 sounds fun
>>
File: 1451802805382.png (19 KB, 379x214) Image search: [Google]
1451802805382.png
19 KB, 379x214
>>46328742
>>46328814
>>
>>46328064
>being this triggered
Shouldn't you be on tumblr or something? Big bad 4chan might do bad things to you if you stay here.
>>
>>46328971
Back to /pol/ with you, faggot.
>>
>>46329701
>being this assharmed about women being decipted realisticly
>>
>>46329783
>>46329701

It's not even like they're being depicted badly.
>>
>>46328971

>memes memes memes

Get a single original thought.
>>
Shitposting already without anyone even mentioning LDQ.

Man we're going places
>>
File: Ric-Flair-WWE-video.jpg (589 KB, 1728x905) Image search: [Google]
Ric-Flair-WWE-video.jpg
589 KB, 1728x905
The new WrestleQuest thread is up, for anyone who's interested. >>46330485
>>
>>46330165
Such is the magic of QTG.
>>
>>46330165
We're returning to /qtg/ form.
>>
>>46330703
>>46330582
Guys a couple weekends back /wqtd/ was half shitposting throughout the weekend. This isn't /qtg/ form or /wqtd/ form. Its a thread on 4chan. There will always be shitposting.
>>
Look, women think and act differently than men. We have different brain chemistry. So it makes sense that men view the way women act as "crazy" because it doesn't line up with how they think.

You're a self-deceiving cunt if you try to justify that you haven't noticed a trend in the distinct way the genders act, behave and think.
>>
>>46328163
>My ex-girlfriend stabbed me in her hand
>stabbed me in her hand
>in her hand
This is why you don't date Voodoo priestesses, man
>>
>>46331107

You sound pretty triggered.
>>
>>46331337
So do you
>>
>>46331413
How so?
>>
>>46331443
You used the word trigger.

So you're from tumblr or, more likely, you're memeing hard.
>>
>>46331534

>people are using words I don't like!

Sorry we're not respecting your safe space.
>>
>>46331534
So...using the word triggered in a sentence also makes yourself triggered?

Not sure how if I am following your logic here anon.
>>
File: cirno crying_4.jpg (59 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
cirno crying_4.jpg
59 KB, 1000x800
>>46331534
>The person who calls someone an idiot is the real idiot!
>>
>>46331534
バカバカ
>>
File: 1264394851475.jpg (66 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1264394851475.jpg
66 KB, 600x476
>>46331534
This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>46328548
#2 for sure. Always go OC. Fanfic quests are often shit.
>>
Instead of shitposting, how about post a picture and then make up a quest pitch about the previous picture.

>>46331623
>You are Link, except you're not saving the Princess, the Kingdom is doing fine actually.

There's just a lot of really stupid monsters wandering around, breaking shit and eating chickens.

TardMonster Wrangler Quest.
>>
>>46331713
I'd rather do quest mutations.
But that idea is too trash to bother with, so fuck it.
>>
File: 1459128847457.jpg (226 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459128847457.jpg
226 KB, 1440x1080
>>46331713

Sure.

First picture.
>>
Is it too much to ask for for QM's that haven't run in 3 years to not still be on the twitter list polluting it up with unrelated retweets?
>>
>>46328548
That second one there really feels like it can go to great places and great times.
>>
>>46331772
Not at all. Kick em off.
>>
>>46328492
Did you forget why Bishamon used to be called Spaghetti-san?
>>
>>46331772
Twitter vampire has gone missing, so no one gets yanked or added to the list anymore.
>>
File: 1452212186146.gif (2 MB, 704x290) Image search: [Google]
1452212186146.gif
2 MB, 704x290
>>46328548
>Magic
>Knights
>Avatar
>Elf loli
Muh kind of quest.
>>
>>46328548
Can you define avatar? Like the show, or?

Either way it sounds pretty dope.
>>
File: dKeVLeO.jpg (62 KB, 480x637) Image search: [Google]
dKeVLeO.jpg
62 KB, 480x637
I let my quest die a bit due to college finals and a bit to it being a holy crap load of work in one sitting.

Anyway, I'm gonna try casting animate dead on that shit but my question for you lot is this:

How do I improve my pacing, and how do I keep my sessions short without just stopping mid stream?

I ended up going way longer than I really had time for, and not progressing enough for the amount of writing/posting.
>>
>>46331652
>>46331778
>>46331868
>>46331897
This got more attention than I anticipated. Nice, thanks.
>Can you define avatar? Like the show, or?
I initially meant it more as someone powerful who's incarnated in a new body every time they die with their past powers and memories locked away until its unlocked.

Could possibly be someone who can use the elements in a similar fashion as to the show or it could be something more akin to the setting, like a powerful individual that can cast spells without preparation/chanting a set of words or can use magic without a backlash like pain/fatigue. Like I said, still haven't really fleshed it out a lot. Mostly brainstorming.
>>
>>46331623
>>46331597
>>46331572
>>46331570
>>46331566

I go to take a shower and when I come back I find everyone anally annihilated because I pointed out triggered was a meme word.

It's a good day to be on qtg
>>
>>46332089
>a shower
A shower of tears maybe after your feelings were hurt.
>>
>>46331911
>How do I improve my pacing, and how do I keep my sessions short without just stopping mid stream?

Write faster. I know that's unfair and its difficult but that's how it is. If you are taking an hour to get through one conversation that's a problem.
>>
>>46331911
Set a goal to where you'd like the story to progress for the thread you're about to run and subtly railroad your players towards it while still letting them decide a lot of things in-between. You could also set a time for how long you're going to run and then end it with a cliffhanger or something.
>>
How should we get back at GraveQM for literally killing reviewanon?
>>
>>46331868
I may be a faggot, but it's too grandiose in scale for my tastes. If you're gonna halfway rip off IML you may as well go all the way and make it about a retired knight trying to settle down or something more to that effect.

I'd probably still play it either way, I've just never liked chosen one stuff.
>>
>>46332200
Use the word trigger constantly and then pretend we're not assblasted
>>
>>46332089

>everyone made fun of me
>HOORAY MY PLAN WORKED
>>
>>46332207
Different tastes, I guess. And the retired knight trying to settle down is great SOL material, but I doubt that's the kind of quest he's interested in running.
>>
>>46332246
>plan

Pretty hard implications there, sempai.

My plan was to tell the truth and you're sperging about it right now.

Your sperg wasn't part of my plan, it's just a fun-to-watch byproduct.
>>
>>46332200
I went back to try and find their backlog a few hours ago and noticed that they seemed really averse to participating or being around shitposting.

At this point, even if GraveQM could raise them from the dead, I doubt they'd come back. We don't deserve nice things anymore.
>>
>>46332355
They could just be busy
>>
>>46332129
My writing speed usually hangs around 80-90wpm when just writing stuff. Sometimes it takes longer to come up with something creative of course but not often.

I think I have more trouble actually advancing the plot in x amount of words, rather than having trouble putting out x amount of words.
>>
>>46332134
Hmmmm, yeah I might try actually writing a bit of an outline. Maybe do that and also set a timer to cliffhanger to keep things from getting out of control.

Last time I just didn't want to end the quest without actually getting anywhere, so I kept going way longer than I had energy for. Actually setting a plot goal by time might help.
>>
File: 2108007 (1).jpg (4 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
2108007 (1).jpg
4 KB, 100x100
>>46331107
Men and Women should behave the same though. We shouldn't think of ourselves as males and females, we're people.
>>
File: mfw you're a cuck.jpg (66 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
mfw you're a cuck.jpg
66 KB, 512x384
>>46332663
Lel triggered

Why u no go back toomblr cucbaby?

Lelelel
>>
>>46332663
In general you're right, the differences between genders don't determine what kind of person you are, individual males can differ far more in personality and behavior than a particular male and female.

Even if men and women's brain structures differ, as well as drastically different social expectations, going around separating behaviors into "male" and "female" and trying to convince yourself that all males and females fit nicely into determined trends and patterns is unreasonable. The human brain is far more complicated than that, and honestly the differences in brain structure and hormones don't actually separate our behavior's nearly as much as some people think.
>>
File: you're on the list.png (11 KB, 1031x78) Image search: [Google]
you're on the list.png
11 KB, 1031x78
They've found me!

I'm innocent, I swear!
>>
>>46331107
>>46332663
A general rule to writing a good character is to determine their personality BEFORE their gender.
>>
>>46332273
It could even be the knight traveling across the world with his adopted loli to reclaim his ancestral home or something, I just prefer more personal adventures, I guess.

If the only reason you're doing something is because it's your job, there's a certain disconnect of intimacy. And if your end goal is saving the world, it's much easier to justify any action so there's less dramatic tension as well.
>>
>>46332763
Before anyone says anything about periods or some shit, males have a time of the month too, where our hormones go out of balance and we get moody, we just don't realize it because we don't bleed from our dicks.
>>
>>46332814

Maybe you don't. Step up your game, senpai.
>>
>>46332839
Fuck I burst out laughing. Sorry about that rant, I'm in a pretty shit mood today.
>>
>>46332778
This guy gets it.
>>
>>46332801
I prefer it when it's a chosen one saving the world, protagonist or not. Kinda why I liked HP, ATLA, and LOTR. It feels more dramatic and serious in my opinion when the MC's failure or success will affect the lives of hundreds of thousands including his/her own.
>>
>>46332859
Maybe it's your time of the month.
>>
>>46332893
I don't know, I dislike the chosen one thing because it sort of implies the MC can't actually fail.
>>
>>46332213
Wat
>>
>>46332924
That's true. Kinda wanna see/read something where the chosen one fails miserably, survives and then has to deal with the shitty world he failed to save once and then save it properly.

A Link to the past deal?
>>
>>46332977
Never in a quest format

Players can't deal with failure
>>
>>46331772
>>46331841
Alright, since twitter vamp looks like he's been dead for the last month or so, I've created a new list.

https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory

It should have everyone from the old list, except the spammer and one guy who had a private account. Unlike twitter vamp, I am lazy and am not going to bother adding accounts from here or Spooky. Instead, if you want to get added (or removed), send a tweet @tgquestlist. Hopefully he comes back soon.

>>46332776
Sorry about that. Send me a tweet if you want to be removed.
>>
>>46332355
Who, Grave or RA?

>>46332379
That's what they said about QuestDrone ;_;
>>
>>46332859

It's alright, happens to everyone. Hope your day gets better.
>>
>>46333001
>>46332924
So chosen one is good in quest format? lol
>>
>>46332977
I had the idea for a story in high school about a big prophecy of how a chosen one would defeat a dark lord and all that, but when the thing finally happens it turns out the chosen one was an even worse person than the dark lord, despite his angelic appearance and unmatched charisma. The kingdom collapses into a dystopia where the people all worship him.

The main character was the son of the overthrown king in hiding, needing to gather an army of monsters and overthrow the chosen one and avenge his father.

It would probably convert pretty decently into a quest format actually.
>>
>>46333094
>quests
>good

Select only one option senpai
>>
>>46333115
So a Griffith-expy?
>>
Asking fellow QMs.

What is the one thing you really want for your quest?

Consensus amongst your players or perhaps total chaos?

Or perhaps something completely different that you wish would happen to your quest?

I only wish that I had more stamina so I could run my sessions for longer than 5 hours
>>
>>46325026
Welll you did quite a lot in two years.
>Also that smut-bind was cute as fuck.
Yes. Best smut written on /tg/ easily.
>>
>>46333146
>What is the one thing you really want for your quest?
Some god damn discussion.
>>
>>46333141
I don't think I follow?
>>
>>46333135
I pick both famp.
>>
>>46333204
An angelic perfect "savior" who is actually completely selfish and evil at the core but everyone ends up worshipping after they depose the current rulers
>>
>>46333204
>Doesn't know Berserk
Isnt that like, mandatory at this point?
>>
>>46332977
In the one I'm following, the chosen one is defintiely, chosen., but is going to wreck the world no matter what. They just have to try and do damage control beforehand so there's minimal loss of life.

Shit's hard, yo.
>>
>>46333047
Thanks for doing that. I'll add it to the next OP.
>>
>>46333115
muh deconstructions
>>
>>46333238
Wow, that's about as perfect a description as I could get about the chosen one. Shit.
>>
>>46333282
Wrote some of it out in high school, hardly my most original idea.

That being said, do people not like deconstructions? I think they're a great deal of fun.
>>
>>46333169
>Some god damn discussion.

THIS
H
I
S
>>
>>46333311
Deconstructions have become so common these days that just being a deconstruction is no longer a positive merit in and of itself, so your work needs to rely on something else in order to stand out.
>>
>>46333311
I really dislike deconstructions because they're usually up their own ass and shit stories besides.
Write a decent story first before worrying about what tropes or whatever they're calling it these days you used in getting there.
>>
>>46333333
>>
>>46333444
Those are very nice numbers, anon. Would you allow me to check them?
>>
>>46333408
That's fair. I never really thought of the villain as the draw of the story in the first place though, it was just relevant to the discussion. I liked the idea of going to all the various "monsters" and trying to recruit them, exploring their cultures, ect. Though I suppose that's just deconstruction of fantasy monsters too.
>>
>>46333541
Let me guess, Orcs and skeles? Ya this just sounds pretty standard honestly.
>>
>>46332977
Majora's Mask?
>>
>>46333577
Giant spiders and beastmen (werewolves) actually. Though there was the Grave Knight, a big skeleman locked in a suit of armor. He was the prince's body MC's guard.

I guess maybe I should just leave this story with the rest of my old high school writings. I think i was just blinded by nostalgia a bit into thinking this was some new and original idea.
>>
Quest pitch:

You are the Lord of your House serving the King of your country alongside five other houses. In recent years, the war between the Orks and the Elves have destroyed the nearby kingdom and Orkish and Elvish refugees have streamed into your Human Kingdom who has always served as the neutral party of the three nations. However, with the immigrants so too comes the problem of cultures/religions clashing, Elvish and Orkish refugees fighting each other within your cities, and the crime rate increased rapidly.

It is now up to you and the other Lords to guide the King and the Kingdom through this mess.
>>
>>46333071
RA.
>>45392008
>>
>>46333635
>Giant spiders and beastmen

Well alright youve already pleasantly surprised me. The only thing worse than "Muh deconstruction" is "Muh Tolkien".

Still don't run it.
>>
>>46333668
Remove ork

Gas elves
>>
>>46333748
Eat dwarves.

They are rich on proteins.
>>
File: vzhGpgK.jpg (150 KB, 561x592) Image search: [Google]
vzhGpgK.jpg
150 KB, 561x592
>>46333668
Build a wall.
>>
>>46333748
Well if you start the purge the Elvish and Orkish countries will declare war on you.

Politics is your best weapon.
>>
Hey guys. I am thinking about running a Joker Quest-ish game. What would you say is a good system?

I am thinking to use fate core, but I can't think of a way to implement rising Meter easily there.
>>
>>46333788
>the elves will oy veeey over elf genocide and demand golds
>the orks will kill each other and demand free stuff

Fixed
>>
>>46332893
Don't get me wrong, I like a grand scale adventure as much as the next guy, but it doesn't seem to work well with Quaint Loli Adventures. Especially with how dry and formulaic the motivations of the characters in your pitch are. The MC is escorting the Avatar because, well, because the script calls for him to. He has no real personal attachment to the girl or her quest save for the fact that it saves the world...somehow.

Consider all three examples you mentioned. LOTR had no chosen one and started with Frodo merely trying to escape the Shire with his life and being too good hearted to simply walk away. Harry Potter was one of many potential "chosen ones" and had a VERY personal reason to both learn magic and stop Voldemort. Q-ball was trying to revive his lost tribe or something, I never actually watched Avatar.

Point is, your pitch lacks a personal element, a sense of intimacy with the plot. It sounds like a generic fantasy RPG plot where people are doing what they do simply because that's what someone in their position is supposed to do in these sorts of stories. Hell, even JRPGs tend to burn down your village/kill your childhood crush to spur your MC into action and give him a personal reason to save the world/attempt genocide.
>>
>>46333825
>Fate
>for a crunchy system

Do Storyteller. Because why the fuck not.
>>
>>46333625
Ocarina of Time is probably the better example, as you actually spend most of the game in the ruined future you failed to save
>>
>>46333047
Noice
>>
>>46333832
Pls go /pol/
>>
>>46333825
>I am thinking about running a Joker Quest-ish game.
Depends on what you mean by this.
>>
>>46333311
If you've set out to make only a deconstruction then that's all it's gonna be.

But if you tell me this in the context of an interesting and mostly put together OC setting that changes things and makes the idea potentially intriguing instead of lame.
>>
>>46333850
>your pitch are
I'm not the guy who pitched the idea though? And who's to say the hero has to have a personal reason from the very get go? Why can't the MC build a personal reason why he/she is doing what they're doing over time and experience?
>>
>>46333882
OoT is funny to me because you don't actually fail to save anything. Everything goes to shit, yeah, but it's because you're like 8 years old or something.

The entire game is like:
"Link, you are the chosen one!"
"But I'm 8."
"But we need you now."
"I'm 8."
"Nothing time magic can't fix."

Then you get to the future and it's just:
"THE WORLD IS SHIT, IF ONLY WE HAD A CHOSEN ONE TO SAVE US"
"I WAS 8"

Then at the end your reward after finally manning up, growing up, and saving the world is literally "now you can go be 8 again!"

Link did not win that game. Link did not win at all.
>>
>>46333952
>Link did not win that game. Link did not win at all.
I saw his equipment as a visual sign of his growth as a person.

Essentially, he's the most adult child in Hyrule now and will never be able to relate to anyone else.
Aside maybe Zelda, because Wisdom.
>>
>>46333952
He did meet a terrible fate.
>>
>>46333952
>Link did not win that game. Link did not win at all
Hero of Time never won anything ever. Lost his friends, lost his fairy, spent his whole adult life fighting and got nothing for it, only to end up settling with Malon right next to Kokiri Village because all he ever wanted was to go back to his childhood home.
>>46333999
Nah. He becomes a general in her army but he never actually gets recognized for his actions.
>>
>>46334133
>because all he ever wanted was to go back to his childhood home.
Oh, right, can't do that without a fairy.
Plus, the Kokiri would feel weirded out by the adult.
>>
File: See you tomorrow!.jpg (40 KB, 624x832) Image search: [Google]
See you tomorrow!.jpg
40 KB, 624x832
>>46334133
>settling with Malon
Only thing better than Malon is 2 Malons.
>>
>>46334133
>best girl
>ever considered settling
>>
>>46334296
>best girl
We already established he couldn't get back to Saria
>>
>>46334317
I know we did, that has nothing to do with the best girl though. I mean, Saria is alright, but I'd say even Ruto is better than her, and neither come close to best girl status.
>>
>>46334317
This world is too cruel.
>>
>>46334341
>neither come close to best girl status.
While true, it's unfair to include Darunia in these discussions.
>>
>>46333910
All the "people turning into power-armored alter egos fighting in an alternate world" but probably without the overarching metaplot, at first. More faction-y shit, maybe.

>>46333859
Is it so crunchy? I am pretty sure it's just abstracted percentages. I am on the 20th threads so far, though, it might change later?
>>
>>46334677
>All the "people turning into power-armored alter egos fighting in an alternate world" but probably without the overarching metaplot, at first. More faction-y shit, maybe.
So Accel World?
>>
>>46334758
Accel World quest when?
>>
>>46334804
Who knows.

Honestly, I want a quest that's like early Joker without turning into what Joker turned into. The mix of [C] and AW was pretty good.
>>
>>46334758
Well it still would have the [C]-ish real world equivalencies, and I would take more cues off Persona, thematically, since I never watched Accel World at all.

But yes, if you want to parse it so.
>>
Accel World fucking sucks though. So naturally what I mean is that players will love it.
>>
>>46334875
You suck.
>>
>>46334862
I'd suggest giving Accel World a shot for inspiration-sake. It's probably safe to drop it once you hit the Incarnation arc because that's what ruined the series as far as I'm concerned, but even then there's still some inspiration you could grab from the stuff before and after it.
>>
>>46334911
I am thinking about it.

I still am not sure how to render the "your SPECIAL gauge fills through actions, and you don't have your best abilities ready straightaway" mechanic. Ideas?
>>
>>46334988
Seems pretty simple. You have a power meter and it starts low but increases when you do things/get hurt. Have you never played a fighting game before?
>>
File: u 'avin a giggle.jpg (35 KB, 443x505) Image search: [Google]
u 'avin a giggle.jpg
35 KB, 443x505
>>46332778
But that's kind of a shitty method of writing. Particularly if you're writing in a pre-modern setting. I mean, do you seriously think that someone's sex/gender does not play into who they are as a person and what their personality is like?

If nothing else, a person's sex affects what opportunities they're presented with throughout their life and it determines how others view their actions. You could have a bad ass duelist who's killed thirty men without so much as getting a scratch, and they'll either be admired as an example of what all virile men should aspire to or reviled as a woman trying to usurp the role of men in society, and doing a damn good job of it.
>>
>>46335037
>But that's kind of a shitty method of writing.
>Presents a shitty example that proves that the method is good
Congratulations, you played yourself.
>>
>>46335015
I know how it works, conceptually. I don't know how to marry it and Fate OR which -other- system to use here to get the same feel.

Also, made this a couple days ago on a whim. Someone might find this useful, although the list is pretty beta — I am going to winnow and re-make it later.

http://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=tMamguFN
>>
>>46334875
As a player I'd love to play a survival VRMMO with the main purpose of the game being PvP.

Accel World meets SAO meets Btooom.
>>
>>46334677
>All the "people turning into power-armored alter egos fighting in an alternate world" but probably without the overarching metaplot, at first. More faction-y shit, maybe.
Do you also aim for the brutal metal-on-metal action where a ranged fighter can gouge out your eyes and break your knees even though you are supposed to be better in melee but care too much about fighting fair?

>I am on the 20th threads so far, though, it might change later?
Oh boy. You got a lot to see.

Did they have the Cobalt Booster at that point?
Later we get a corruption mechanic, damage-based heals, all kinds of buffs from shit like bullet time and better perception modes, flight, sword-and-board fighting, fisticuff fisting and much much more.
And then there's mass combat. Which is glorious for the reader, but makes OP weep because the system can't handle it.

Also, will the real world be of importance? Will salty losers ambush us and try to break our kneecaps?
>>
>>46335089
Nah son, I presented the (exaggerated) example of Madame Caillaux. She shot Gaston Calmette in 1914 at the dawn of World War I for publishing some of her husband's letters. It caused such an immense scandal that news regarding the trial temporarily superseded news of the war's outbreak. She was ultimately acquitted for the murder because she was deemed unable to take responsibility for her own actions due to female hysteria.

If her husband had challenged Calmette to a duel, it would have been business as usual. Duels between bourgeois men in early 20th century France were not at all uncommon, and dueling was seen in a positive light.

I'm not saying sex should be the very first thing you should determine about a new character. Personally I go for their career or the role they'd play in the story before determining anything else (although this choice can indirectly determine the character's sex). However, to claim that neither sex nor gender play any role in the formation of a character is downright retarded.
>>
>>46335210
I want to read Joker Quest given all the discussion I've seen it had here. But I gotta be honest, it intimidates me.

It's very existence as a quest intimidates me.
>>
>>46334911
>because that's what ruined the series as far as I'm concerned
I feel finding an exploit and abusing the shit out of it really fits the spirit of the game.
Especially when JQ is the inspiration.

Remember, Incarnate system does stuff like permanently removing an avatar's limbs or corrupting a piece of gear to make it mind controlling and self-perpetuating.

>>46334988
You can base it on damage caused or taken, on time, on how stylish the suggestions are, on how well you roll, on how much time the MC tries to spent in direct sunshine while fighting... The possibilities are endless.
>>
>>46335037
> Who was La Maupin

Get fucked.
>>
>>46335242
Joker Quest is a lot more fun to talk about than it actually is to play.
>>
>>46335229
>However, to claim that neither sex nor gender play any role in the formation of a character is downright retarded.
Then you haven't written much. Determining a characters personal traits before their gender is a given. Otherwise they are defined by their gender and not their experience/personality.

For all intents and purposes, you're a failed writer, my friend. Now scurry back to /lit/ and lurk more.
>>
>>46335242
Just read it nigga. Jesus.
It takes a while to get to the parts that are talked about here, though.
>>
>>46335192
>Btooom
With or without the rape?

>>46335242
It's not complicated. But it can be infuriating to read how dumb everyone is.
You automatically take an IQ nosedive if you take part in a life thread of the quest. I have no idea why, but that's what happens.

As long as you are okay with the writing style, you should be fine.

Dating Sim arc was tedious to read second-hand, though.
>>
>>46335244
Incarnate had both good and bad parts. I just really didn't enjoy the part that was basically "Will your way to being even stronger" the shit like permanent damage and all that was great, and I would have liked the power ups if they were more exploit abusing than what they are.
>>
>>46335272
>With or without the rape?
Depends on who's doing who.

if it involves the MC or the waifu then no.
>>
>>46335210
>Do you also aim for the brutal metal-on-metal action where a ranged fighter can gouge out your eyes and break your knees even though you are supposed to be better in melee but care too much about fighting fair?
Yes.

>Oh boy. You got a lot to see.
>Did they have the Cobalt Booster at that point?
They got it in like thread 5 or so, so yes?

>Also, will the real world be of importance? Will salty losers ambush us and try to break our kneecaps?
Yes, certainly, I think to crib shit from gang warfare patterns.
Although to clarify,
>us
I am thinking to run it as a tabletop. For my group, not as a quest. I had a similar idea, more based in dream-quests, Astral Journeys, and mecha (particularly Bliss Stage-style mecha, but without -as much- focus on sex specifically); but I feel like it would be compared to JQ pretty fast, and I am not sure if I can compare in the writing department — as well as effectively people going "this is a ripoff" and generally being aggravating shits — so this languishes on my backburner.

Unless you'd be actually interested to see it?
>>
>>46335298
>I am thinking to run it as a tabletop. For my group, not as a quest.
Then gtfo.
>>
>>46335284
>I would have liked the power ups if they were more exploit abusing than what they are.
I now imagine Silver Crow punching the ground with a special attack while flying, which gives him a speed boost that he uses to pull his momentum into his kick special attack, which makes him immune to his attack's recoil.
Then the game glitches out because the flight mechanics are so rarely used that this kind of abuse causes weird stuff.
So suddenly his flight model changes and is more agile but harder to handle, because his weight distribution and impulse generation is all off.
Now he can enter a supermode by abusing flight physics once he reaches enough meter and gets a bit of time to execute that chain of moves.

Would have been fun if everyone had silly shit like that.
>>
>>46335253
A made up person m8

Women can't beat men in duels.
>>
>>46335327
Why? It's still relevant to the thread tangentially, and the only place I can ask advice in while staying on topic. Please contain your autism; there is no reason to be a dick here, is it?
>>
>>46335360
Back to /pol/ where you belong.
>>
ay lmao
still no hive queen
>>
File: Uwotm8.png (138 KB, 700x213) Image search: [Google]
Uwotm8.png
138 KB, 700x213
>>46335360
>Women can't beat men in duels.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>46335298
>Unless you'd be actually interested to see it?
Not that poster but that doesn't matter.
Yes. Go fucking run it.
I will participate in it.
I will vote in it.
I will make plant that I hope don't fail in it.
I may or may not shitpost in it between genuine discussion.
I will give you feedback after the thread.
I will refresh your twitter 120 times a minute so I can get a screenshot of the linked thread posted 0s ago.
So fucking run it.
>>
>>46335388
>LoL
>>
>>46335390
Wow. I will try to whip up a thread on saturday or sunday then. May I get a fake contact to discuss some shit with you first?

Also, what's a plant? In this context?
>>
>>46335298
>For my group, not as a quest.
Then why the fuck are you so adamant about FATE?
I though you were considering it from a standpoint of being viable for a quest.

If you make it an actual RPG, you should look at something else. Maybe even GURPS - Combat is supposedly really good in that system.
Joker Quest uses sub-system damage and other crunchy bits, which might be too much for rules-light systems.
It wouldn't be the same if you didn't have a crit that smashes the other guy's arm length-wise.

>Unless you'd be actually interested to see it?
No one would call you a rip-off. You aren't the first guy to be inspired by Joker Quest.
There used to be a quest about a setting where the fights happen in real time through virtual reality headsets and the fights are a public sport.
The MC had chainswords as her avatar's main weapons.
We had upgrades planned and shit, but then the quest got dropped.

Oh, right, upgrades are awesome.
I hope you intend to give your party some plug and play equipment.

Anyway, everyone is starved for Joker-like content, now that Joker Quest is nearing its end and consists of a massive grimdark spiral that goes down and down.
A wholly different perspective and a lower leveled character who gets more upgrades than one in six months would be appreciated.
>>
>>46335400
>One of the worlds biggest games
>Surprised people on /tg/ play it
>>
>>46335420
I misspelled plan, but it still works. I will try not to fail the plants I make.
And no. First make it on your own two feet with the resources in the OP, because I wanna see what you can do first nigga.
You obviously know the methods setting sources and their potentials. Go apeshit with expansion and fuckin' do it.
>>
>>46335260
>Then you haven't written much.
Nigga you're talking out your ass and you know it.

>>46335260
>Otherwise they are defined by their gender and not their experience/personality.
So you're claiming that sex and the roles which society places upon men and women doesn't contribute to either their experiences in life or their personality?

There's no singular way to construct characters, but personal traits are shaped by life experience. I suppose you could work in reverse, construction a backstory that explains why characters have traits instead of constructing a backstory and giving characters appropriate traits, but frankly I find that needlessly artificial.
>>
>>46335436
MOBAs are the MLP of vidja.
>>
>>46335465
Vidya is the MLP of computers.
>>
>>46335459
Well, I mostly wanted your contact to have you not miss it, out of courtesy for your encouragement. But sure.
>>
>>46335502
I'm here 24/7, I have all quest currently running open in tabs. I work from home and my computer is never off. Sleep is for the weak.

I won't miss it.

I don't miss anything.
>>
File: babyrage.jpg (7 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
babyrage.jpg
7 KB, 184x184
>>46335465
>Waah! Waah! Stop playing what I dislike!

>>46335463
>Waah! Waah! Stop writing characters any other way than how I write them!
>>
File: Golden pepe.jpg (126 KB, 780x553) Image search: [Google]
Golden pepe.jpg
126 KB, 780x553
>>46335546
>Argument scares me so I'm going to shitpost.
Why are you here?
>>
>>46335546
>Twitch memes
>on /tg/

Fuck offfffff
>>
>>46335546
>twitch memes
fuck
>>
>>46335537
Cool. Now, to think of a good name. See you in a couple of days.
>>
>>46335502
But thank you for your courtesy regardless.
>>
>>46335556
>>46335574
>>46335586
>I lost the argument
>Time to shitpost
Oh vey, oh goy!
>>
File: Bri with Kat.png (262 KB, 905x897) Image search: [Google]
Bri with Kat.png
262 KB, 905x897
Mentioning this here for anyone who might have missed the thread; Dungeon Life Quest is going on hiatus for an undetermined period of time. There's been a death in my family and I need to go to West Virginia to attend upon it. If there's a QTG when I get back, I'll announce when it resumes. If not, I'll try to get by on the voters I can alert via Skype & IRC.

My readers have my apologies for the unexpected interruption, and my gratitude for their patience, critique, and participation thus far.

Thank you.
>>
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46241638/
>>
>>46335622
Congratulations, you can say the memes.
>>
>>46335629
Will wait warmly.
Make sure to look for good mom & pop restaurants when you go to the funeral, enough of them are fantastic that you have to work hard to find a bad one.
>>
>>46335629
>indefinite hiatus
I hope to see your new project soon. I mean that.
>>
File: Smug loli.jpg (115 KB, 509x501) Image search: [Google]
Smug loli.jpg
115 KB, 509x501
>>46335622
>Goes with the nuclear option and resorts to shitposting.
>Tries to twist it around on his opponents and say they started shitposting first.
Literally toddler tier debate skills fampai.
>>
>>46335629
>Dungeon Life Quest is going on hiatus for an undetermined period of time.
Finally.

>There's been a death in my family
Serves you right. I hope they went to hell.
>>
>>46335665
>Has to post smug anime girl to retort
Damn, you're assblasted.
>>
>>46335666
wew
>>
>>46335388
>posts meme midget
Get the fuck out
>>
>>46335665
Soma is that you?
>>
>>46335666
Good to know I'm still on 4chan and not the Twilight Zone, I guess. I'm taking critique if you've got it on offer.
>>
>>46335436
No one is surprised you have shit tastes, buddy.
>>
File: 1380448241372.png (149 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1380448241372.png
149 KB, 700x700
>>
>>46335733
>I'm taking critique if you've got it on offer.
Stop writing such shallow and shitty characters. The MC doesn't even have a a personal reason for the goals of the quest and you've cleared written the characters personality before figuring out their genders, which is WRONG!
>>
>>46335738
Don't drag me into this shitposting fiesta, i only posted two comments.
>>
File: pretty_bird.jpg (129 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
pretty_bird.jpg
129 KB, 1366x768
https://twitter.com/MagicRealismBot
>>
>>46335787
Wow that's actually a pretty damn good contribution. Thanks anon.
>>
>>46335787
>An Australian man writes a textbook that is made out of starlight.
>Sixty-four doctoral students imagine a brain into existence.

Some of these seem to be less quest ideas and more descriptions of quests themselves.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.