[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: 1455772249767.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1455772249767.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

"How do you fluff your caster's spells?" Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6
Ultimate Intrigue vigilante+archetypes+research: http://imgur.com/a/tlwEX
Ultimate Intrigue feats: http://imgur.com/a/PA4eT

Old Thread: >>46319877
>>
>>46325428
>How do you fluff your caster's spells?
With her tail.
>>
So let's say that my GM was foolish enough to give me something like Thors hammer enchantment-wise (only one can lift it and for others it weighs like 4 tons)
And let's say that I throw it at someone. Would it simply deal the normal damage or would I add the weight damage (1d6 per 200 lbs)?

I mean once I let go of the weapon surely the enchant would activate again right?
>>
File: Hello.png (110 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Hello.png
110 KB, 560x560
>>46325428
Before being refluffed into a silly metaphorical prop given to her by her mentor to better fit in the setting, Elsbeth originally used her scythe to physically harvest the magical energies out of the air as part of her casting. If it was an aggressive spell, she would whip the magic from her blade at a target like a sling or smack the spell in the middle of a group of enemies; if it was a buffing spell of sorts, she would twirl her scythe to scatter the magic over her allies.
>>
File: 4044121-7892152932-Mjoln.png (748 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
4044121-7892152932-Mjoln.png
748 KB, 1280x800
>>46325484
From the sounds of it, that enchantment would only apply to whether anyone or anything is trying to lift the hammer; it doesn't affect it's actual weight, just acts heavier for purpose of lifting and carrying capacity. Say if you were to set it down on a creature on the ground: Since it doesn't really weight 4 tons, it won't crush them. In fact, they should be perfectly fine; However, they won't be able to get out from underneath it either.

At least that'd be the sane way to implement such an effect.But then again, I'm not your GM.
>>
How high can I get mental ability score with commonly available methods, that is, not binding outsiders? 18 base + 2 race + 5 levels + 5 inherent + 6 enhancement?
>>
>>46325530
sorry I must have worded it wrongly. It does weigh several tons in its "natural form" but to the true wielder it is like a couple of pounds
>>
>>46325539

a l c h e m i s t
>>
File: BUFF.jpg (213 KB, 728x1085) Image search: [Google]
BUFF.jpg
213 KB, 728x1085
How do I become Toriko?
>>
>>46325602
well.. maybe with cancer mage and festering anger.. But that's only if your game allows 3.x stuff
>>
File: 1452827957913.jpg (252 KB, 630x830) Image search: [Google]
1452827957913.jpg
252 KB, 630x830
>>46325428
>How do you fluff your caster's spells?
Exotic Belly Dancing
>>
File: FFT-0 - Sice.png (412 KB, 1600x2316) Image search: [Google]
FFT-0 - Sice.png
412 KB, 1600x2316
>>46325487
I keep thinking of Sice as I read that.
>>
>>46325546
Flavourfully, Thor's hammer wasn't "several tons" except to its true wielder, it simply couldn't be moved by anyone else. This is why it didn't smash through buildings just by being set down.

If you're dead set on "it's crazy heavy", maybe it only becomes heavy when someone else tries to pick it up. Otherwise, enjoy your hammer piercing the crust of the planet whenever it's not in your hands.

Mechanically, there is no fucking way any sane DM is going to give you a throwing weapon that does dozens of d6. Come off it, mate.
>>
>>46325696
>Mechanically, there is no fucking way any sane DM is going to give you a throwing weapon that does dozens of d6.

Of course not. Where's the fun in that?

If he wants a thrown weapon that does several dice of damage, he's gotta build and earn it himself.

I miss 3e's hulking hurler ;_;
>>
>>46325428
While she speaks the ancient words of petition, she sketches glowing runes in the air with her wand/staff, spiralling ribbons of vivid mint green, detailing her wishes in exacting detail.

All magic is making requests of an ancient hyper-literal artefact that refines energy from the aether, and if a spellcaster doesn't specify EXACTLY what they want it to do, spells have a habit of ending up not quite right. Most magic training is spent learning how to avoid monkey's-paw loopholes. It's not malicious, it's just DUMB.
>>
>>46325696
> no sane DM is going to give you a throwing weapon that does dozens of d6
unless you're going for over the top crazy. In that case you could throw the moon instead. That would be way better
>>
>>46325748
I distinctly recall several several /pfg/ threads ago where they statted the Moon's hardness and HP. We could totally stat the STR required to pull it from orbit.
>>
>>46325760
that sounds amazing. what sorta hardness did the moon have? Could you make moon armor?
>>
>>46325428
I let my players all pick a "theme" to their magic, particular visual effects that they favour (unintentionally, in most cases). For example, one person might favour silver flame, giving all their spells that sort of thing added, or another might be skulls, yet another roses and rose petals, that sort of thing.
>>
>>46325428
Every spell has an accompanying magic circle based on the school of magic.

Divination looks like a magic circle with a mini-sun at the center illuminating the caster

Evocation has wreaths of flame, pillars of ice, peals of lightning etc based on the element.

Enchantment has an evil eye at the center of the magic circle staring deep at the enemy creatures' souls
>>
Quick question regarding Path of War. I noticed that each of the different martial disciplines have associated weapon groups.

Is it a requirement to be wielding a weapon from a discipline's associated weapon groups in order to use the discipline's maneuvers and stances?
>>
>>46325711
Which reminds me:
Is Solar Wind the only thrown-weapon friendly martial discipline?
>>
>>46325868
No, but wielding a discipline weapon adds a +2 to the DC of your maneuvers.
>>
>>46325915
Ah, cool. Thanks!
Just recently started using PoW and I didn't want to become overpowered or gimp the features to uselessness on accident.
>>
What's a good place to find people to play pathfinder with? pic unrelated
>>
>>46325602
Refluff Bloatmage.
>>
Hey PFG, I have a dumb noob GM question. If I'm running an adventure path, is the specific loot listed in the encounters supposed to be enough, or should I be adding more as per the usual treasure/encounter guidelines?
>>
>>46325428
My character expresses a request in the magical language of the setting, which is processed as a spell by the tree of life that holds the world together. Said tree interprets the feelings and requests given and diverts a tiny fraction of its energy to manifest the spell.
>>
>>46325990
If you actually care enough to calculate that, sure. APs aren't tested even internally because writers are not paid for it.
>>
>>46325990
Paizo don't check, so feel free to mod it as needed.
>>
Tell me, /pfg/, about the best in game romance you ever had or saw. Can be PC on PC, PC on NPC, NPC on NPC. What was it, and what made it memorable?
>>
>>46326202
Sylphanon tore down a walking bone castle for his waifu, it was a pretty good storytime
>>
>>46325958
Here.
>>
>>46325990
Nope. AP's loots are below WBL.
>>
>>46326303
To be fair, the enemies are also fucking retarded most of the time. You can probably get by with lower than WBL in those games... but that's not as fun, so fuck that noise.

If you're going to have to rebuild the encounters anyway, might as well give the bad guys loot that's actually usable.
>>
>>46325428
Dragonball Z super saiyan/ki energy waves

Fuck you, the ssj2 lightning crackling around the saiyan's body was the coolest shit.
>>
File: Morons_VS_Wild_Woolie_and_God.png (165 KB, 623x338) Image search: [Google]
Morons_VS_Wild_Woolie_and_God.png
165 KB, 623x338
>>46325958
>Best Friends Zaibatsu plays Pathfinder

That actually sounds like it would be interesting. I wonder what everyone would build? I'm pretty certain Woolie would play a scumbag Wizard or Cleric. Or maybe a Druid of the Swampass
>>
>>46325428
>Last Word: Delivering a brutally passive-aggressive phrase, you vie for the last word in a conversation. One living creature with 7 or fewer HD in close range is entitled to a Will save (DC 19); failure indicates they must carry out a service (or refrain from an action or activity) as desired by you, of any nature short of suicide. They continue until their quest is completed, no matter how long it takes. If the instructions involve some open-ended task that the recipient cannot complete through his own actions, this scrap wears out in 10 days. A clever recipient can subvert some instructions. If the subject is prevented from obeying the command for 24 hours, it takes a –2 penalty to its ability scores. Each day, another such penalty accumulates, up to -8 on the fourth day. These penalties are removed 24 hours after the subject resumes obeying the command. This scrap can't be dispelled, but break enchantment, limited wish, remove curse, miracle, and wish can end it before it runs its course.
>>
>>46326202
Playing monstrous humanoid pirates, group started out in a drow prison and research facility. My brawler/stalker gestalt who was predetermined to be captain knocked out the warden with strength damage and hauled her ass out through the rest of the escape.

Later, instead of just killing her, I waited and fed her a philter of love in her sleep.
A tsundere drow crimson countess/vivisectionist who would claim me when I put the moves on other women among other things.
>>
>doing a freeform session tonight as the DM
>players have been inside a demiplane for the longest time and still are

Any ideas on what they should encounter? Currently in a snowy forest type area. Was thinking the likes of a kobold tribe that is just all clones of the same kobold.
>>
>>46325539
+8 Alchemical (Grand Cognatogen) + 3 Age (Venerable) + 3 Secrets of the Dreaming Dark (Occult Mysteries) + 2 Profane Gift (Succubus)
>>
File: B5j1IIdCYAIRKtJ.jpg (31 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
B5j1IIdCYAIRKtJ.jpg
31 KB, 600x400
>>46326455
The wierd colony of halfbred children left by the perverted Wizard who created the demiplane
>>
>>46325760
The Str required to pull the moon from orbit does not exist.

No really, I've tried. Including every concievable boost to carrying capacity added, you still need to have over 300 Str base (exactly 310) to move it. If you wanted to move it without the boosts, that's a 357 Str. The best you can do in PF is throwing a small comet around.
>>
>>46325871
No, there are no thrown-weapon friendly disciplines, because all the ones that can do thrown are ass at it.
>>
>>46326554
Does that include Mythic? I remember a couple of abilities that can boost Strength, such as that Display of Strength thing?
>>
>>46325871
Anything that works with ranged attacks works with thrown stuff.

PsyArms in particular get a lot of mileage out of Sleeping Goddess.
>>
>>46326493
I am always amused by people who tack on those odd little bonuses such as Fey Gift, Profane Gift, and the like, automatically assuming there are no drawbacks to them whatsoever.
>>
>>46326601
Get Profane Gift, then flesh to stone the succubus and remove the head. There, solved. It still counts as unconsciousness until it's returned to flesh, even without a head.
>>
> Comprehensive Education: Humans raised with skilled teachers draw upon vast swathes of knowledge gained over centuries of civilization. They gain all Knowledge skills as class skills, and they gain a +1 racial bonus on skill checks for each Knowledge skill that they gain as a class skill from their class levels. This racial trait replaces skilled.

> they gain a +1 racial bonus on skill checks for each Knowledge skill that they gain as a class skill from their class levels.

I knew that by RAI it means you get +1 to each knowledge check...

But does this means that a Wizard get +10 to every skill check by RAW?
>>
>>46326534
Well. They know the guy who made the demiplane by name. They know that he works on experiments of the humanoid variety. For example, two weeks ago they fought these Frankenstein monster esc angel looking things that were described as being sown together with thread and needle.

Also last week they fought a Frankenstein type five headed dragon.
>>
File: ...What.jpg (168 KB, 483x500) Image search: [Google]
...What.jpg
168 KB, 483x500
>>46326272
How so?
>>
>>46326809
Yes
>>
>>46325428
Reminder to hate on gareth
>>
So if you count as armed when unarmed, but also are wielding an unsheathed weapon, and you free-action drop the weapon to attack with your fists: were your fists sheathed or unsheathed for the purpose of Mithral Current?
>>
>>46326952
Bypass this weird line of questioning by folding the dropping of the weapon into the initiating of the maneuver to "draw" your fists.
>>
How would you stat an entity that constantly spews out positive energy, the likes of which can cure cancer, undo malforming dermatological ravages etc?
>>
>>46327011
Actually, excessive positive energy would probably cause cancer, and cancer is often caused by a mutation within a cell that turns off its autodestruction functions and reproduction limiters
>>
>>46327045
That's only one possible interpretation.
>>
>>46327011
A Cleric
Also, PosEn can't cure cancer. You need a balanced mix of NegEn (to induce necrosis) and PosEn (to heal damage)
>>
>>46326952
>also are wielding an unsheathed weapon
If you are wielding a weapon, it doesn't matter if it's unsheathed or not. Brandishing a weapon is brandishing it, and outside what quick draw allows.
Also, didn't their faq cover this enough? Your fists are considered "sheathed" when you are not actively threatening to attack and at a position of "rest". Technically it basically means "can't make AoOs naturally".
>>
>>46327080
There is a reason absorbing too much positive energy makes you blow up, anon.
Rampant, unchecked growth of your cells.
>>
>>46326984
>>46326984
I'm trying to figure out ways you can 'unsheathe' a weapon without quickdraw or mixed combat.
If you have a BAB of 1 or more, you can draw a weapon as a free action as part of initiating a mithral current strike.

This means that if you had a sheathed knife on your belt, you could free action drop your main weapon, unsheathe the knife to mithral current strike with, and get the benefits (with the drawback your main weapon is on the ground - maybe it's returning?).

But what about your fists, or your feet?
Is it possible to declare them 'sheathed' while wielding a sword?
>>
>>46327115
Except you don't explode with blood and cancer. You explode in moor positive energy.
>>
>>46327125
Something to let you pick up weapons quickly would do it.

Have it on ground. Pick up. Attack. Boom.
>>
>>46327139
DSP devs confirmed this doesn't work.
(I think it should, though, but hey.)
>>
Does a Monk's unarmed damage increase apply to natural attacks chosen with Feral Combat Training?
>>
>>46327174
Nope.

I'm pretty sure one of the Ascetic Style feats would let you though.
>>
>>46327210
Wait, what? Since when? I know for damn sure it used to.
>>
>>46327276
It got nerfed.
>>
>>46327309
Well that's stupid.
>>
>>46327343
Indeedy
>>
Hey PFG.

Due to playing Smash as Little Mac for like, three to four hours, I have an urge to make a Boxer archetype for Swashbucklers.

Any abilities you can think of they should have?
>>
>>46327440
improved unarmed strike, monk damage progression on unarmed strikes, for the purpose of other class features and feats, can treat unarmed strikes as if they were slashing weapons (they still do bludgeoning damage)
>>
>>46327368
Oh god DAMNIT, they nerfed Final Embrace too? Why! WHY!

>>46327440
Brawler's flurry, monk's unarmed damage progression with gauntlet, cestus, brass knuckles, and rope gauntlet (or, lazily but more future-proof, any weapon that still lets you hold an item in your hand, most of which are glove-like)
>>
>>46327458
>>46327482
Keeping in mind that Swashbucklers already add their level in damage to their attacks due to Precise Strike. Even a Brawler Fighter with their +7 damage is only just under the average damage for the damage dice monks/brawlers have at that level.

Flat damage is better than damage dice anyway.

I'm also considering an ability to spend panache and make one punch as a swift action.
>>
>>46327553
One punch? Or... ONE PUUUUUUNCH!
>>
>>46327561
Well. It's a sort of swift jab.

The SUPER UPPERCUT is gonna be a different ability.

A pile more damage, and get an Awesome Blow maneuver against them for free, using the same result as your attack roll.
>>
>>46327561
A player at my table has started calling my Brawler/Rogue "Saitama". Snakebiter Brawler 1/Scout Unchained Rogue 7/Sleepless Detective 1/Field Agent 1 with Sapping fists and the full Sap Mastery and Snake Style feats. Sneak attack on a charge for 15d6...
>>
Didn't the trove used to have links to ALL the Paizo APs, including the 3.5 ones?
Does anyone have a link to the Curse of the Crimson Throne AP?
>>
>>46327730
Uh, you're right, I guess the Trove was changed recently.

I don't have any links for CoCT to give you, though I could upload the files to my gdrive and let you download them from there. Might take a while though since >google drive
>>
>>46327730
The old Trove is still up, just not linked.

#F!vIJn1Y6Q!MbyyqQK6u0tWWSAimsIjiw!uRwmFbTC
>>
>>46327777
I'd appreciate it. I could have sworn I had CotCT, but I guess not.
>>
>>46327861
40 minutes left on the upload, you'll be better off downloading it from the old trove:
>>46327857
>>
>>46327482
How rampant was abuse of Final Embrace that they felt the need to nerf it? IIRC it had nearly impossible to meet prereqs! What did they do to it, anyway?
>>
>>46327892
Yeah, I guess I'll do that. Thanks for the offer, though.
>>
>>46322555
>>46322566
In their effort to screw everyone with insane costs, Paizo designed the gravity (force) tech weapons with a sustained TK mode. 250/350/500 pounds respectively for the pistol/rifle/cannon.

This is untenable burning of charges for the real things, but the discipline-weapon-shapes-emulated guns have no such drawback do they!

The cannon requires Weapon Group Adaptation:Heavy. It offers the *worst* reflex-half 'fireball' in the game, so ignore that part unless you're not certain you want ALL the level 1 villagers to die when you use it. It has Autofire (tech auto, thus also semi-auto) mode anyways, so use the lines with Trick Shot if AoE is needed.
>>
>>46328087
QAnon's slowly working on folding the old trove into the new trove, but she's approximately as swift as a glacier snail
>>
>>46327730
Yeah, I got mine from the Old Trove, but I'm waiting for the hardcover come October.
>>
Hey guys! Just wanted to announce that the Light Handbook is ready for public playtest. You can find the document here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ycAK70-05--obcnFL3Gx3MeJ7lGv4g_ijmeak6-z2Sc/edit#

I also welcome comments on the GitP forums, and have a thread there:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?483039-Spheres-of-Power-Illuminator-s-Handbook-Open-Beta
>>
>>46328602
>Radiant Protean
Deep sea fish changeling. I'm in.
>>
>>46328665
Then you're going to love Lure Light.
>>
>>46328602
The spell pointed use of Aiming Scope concerns me. Do ranged full-attackers really need 2,000 foot range with zero penalties, in addition to already being the strongest?
>>
>>46328670
You're right, I do.
>>
>>46328691
When do you ever even get to use 200ft, let alone 2000?

Hell I'm *LUCKY* when the map makes me use the second increment on my rifle, because usually combat's one of those things where the approach is handwavingly sped up by the GM OR the enemies texture-pop-in within 60ft.

Particularly annoying when you'd be able to get like 12 shots off as they approached, but instead at most get "okay you get one but that's your action in the first round" even though the first round is like a minute of sprinting away for all the baddies.
>>
>>46328732
>Oh uh yeah yeah, uh, mark off the ammo, and uh, yeah you kill a few. Anyway they're close enough now everyone roll for initiative

>*EXACTLY* AS MANY ENEMIES AS WERE GOING TO APPEAR IN THIS ENCOUNTER BEFORE APPEAR NOW

>NO bonus xp or loot (somehow it's "unfindable") for those you shot before
>>
>>46326846
>HEY GUYS I WANNA PLAY PF ONLINE WHO WANTS TO ROLL IN
>HEY GUYS I'M FROM PRAGUE ANY PATHFINDER PLAYAS HERE
>>
File: download (2).jpg (10 KB, 182x277) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
10 KB, 182x277
>>46328602
>Lens Talents
You listened! Thank you man, I could just hug you.

Also, I have a question: there was already a Light-focused Mageknight in Expanded, so why did you decide to make another one in this book? Did you find the other one unsatisfactory for some reason?
>>
>>46328732
>When do you ever even get to use 200ft, let alone 2000?
When flying 2000ft above ground.
>>
>>46329145
you lucky son of a BITCH

meanwhile, I've actually had this done to me:
>you're 1500ft away you're not in this encounter
>but that's only three increments away. I'm hitting those guys vs touch AC at just a -3 easy
>no, if you want to be part of the battle you have to actually be close enough to matter
>THEY'RE IN WEAPON RANGE!
>maybe, but YOU aren't in range of the battle.
>>
>>46329178
So what you MEAN to be saying is, "holy shit my GM sucks save me guys", not "ranged attacks don't get to attack beyond a couple hundred feet anyway"
>>
>>46328691
Its been brought up and is under consideration, but I'm inclined to think its limited enough in scope to be okay as is. The 'bonus' is potentially high, I'll grant, but its comparable to things like True Strike, except its more efficient and limited in use.

It might be better to change up how it works though.

>>46329134
Despite its name, Warrior of the Holy Light never really struck me as being all that light focused. Its interaction with the sphere is minimal, and mechanically it ends up being more paladin than anything - more life than light.

Sun Warrior is an attempt to make a mageknight that is actually light focused and emphasizes light effects.
>>
>>46325602
Urban barbarian
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/urban-barbarian
>>
>>46325484
If it works like Mjölnir, then no, it's mass doesn't actually increase so it doesn't deal extra damage for being more massive.
>>
>>46329220
Except it's been much more than one GM.

The current one waves off encounter distances as well; the greentext is from a different one two or three years ago... I've had "texture pop-in" all the way back in 2e in an open field with short grass (think 'golf course' grass) where we'd only "see things in the distance" once they were close enough to charge...
>>
>>46329420
We are sorry you had to play with so many shitty GMs.
>>
>>46329553
Speak for yourself fag

>>46329420
Yeah, that's bullshit, find a better GM.
>>
>>46329653
>Speak for yourself fag
Jeez, no need to be rude!
>>
>>46329710

>>46329653 isn't even me!
This guy's ... confused?
>>
>>46329710
>rude
Thin-skinned, aren't you? Everyone's a fag here, get used to it.
>>
File: 1398829264710.jpg (112 KB, 600x650) Image search: [Google]
1398829264710.jpg
112 KB, 600x650
>>46329741
Th-the one calling others fags is the fag!
>>
>>46328602
I feel the prereqs for Photosynthesis are a tad too low. I'd say make it 5 ranks, and require access to either a specific Light talent, Plant Geomancing package of the Nature, or Plant Transformation talent of Alteration.

Also, it'd be nice to have a feat that can give interaction between Darkness and Glow effects, perhaps a Night & Day type thing where you can cut a Glow or Darkness effect in half and have the other half be the other effect? Or maybe instead add some interaction with Meld and/or Lens talents?

Afterall, both Light and Dark are two sides of the same coin. Ever the light cuts the shadow, ever the night springs from the light

Reason I'm commenting here is because I'm on mobile and can't comment on the doc proper
>>
>>46329892
Blacklight lets Light continue to work in the dark, what more do you need? Who would take a "they can half overlap" when "they can overlap" already exists?
>>
>>46329914
Good point. I just wanted there to be an economy/interaction option like the other cross-sphere feats in the doc
>>
>>46329892
Honestly? I'd so much rather you leave any casting prereqs off phytosynth. Make it a weird thing that anyone can take. There's not enough feats that give supernatural abilities to non-casters.
>>
File: MENACING.jpg (58 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
MENACING.jpg
58 KB, 500x277
>>46326390
I happen to know for a fact that someone sent them sheets based on their lore.

Ghoran Druid Grandma Swamp
Chosen one paladin Matt McMuscles and his cat familiar Zach
Dwarf Viking Pat
Big game hunter ranger Liam

All against Antipaladin Maximillian.

It was the most autistic thing I've ever had a hand in and I cringe just thinking about it, but I put some thought into it, at least.
>>
File: 1397507311836.jpg (25 KB, 333x347) Image search: [Google]
1397507311836.jpg
25 KB, 333x347
What background would be the quickest way to cause Paizo to have an aneurysm?

I want the type of character they'd be forced to admit would exist in their world, but they'll despise every second of it's existence.
>>
>>46330006
>someone sent them sheets
>I put some thought into it
>I
>I
B...busted?
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/headband-shifter-s

Why haven't I seen any Kitsune casters use this instead of the default headband? That DR is pretty nice. Admittedly, the other two bonuses are worthless...
>>
>>46330028
No, I knew the charade wasn't worth the effort half way through.
I was fooling no one.
>>
>>46330006
>Dwarf Viking Pat
Pat can't be a dwarf, he's far too short and far too angry
>>
>>46329892
I did play around with a Dark / Light combination feat, but I never really came up with anything that I liked, honestly. Part of the difficulty there is that they use differently sized areas.

Blacklight is the best I have to offer so far, but I am willing to implement more suggestions if they seem feasible. I might be able to do a lens/meld combination.

>>46330001
This anon gets what I was going for with photosynthesis. I don't see a reason to wall off all supernatural abilities behind having supernatural abilities already. Higher power ones I can see being more difficult to get, but a bit of photosynthesis? Nah.

Wouldn't be bad to have another prerequisite to put on it though.
>>
>>46330015
You can't possibly create something that isn't as atrocious as what already exist in the AP's and world builds.
>>
>>46330076
The DR's only even active after you've changed form. Ain't nobody got time to be switching back and forth every minute for a measly 5/silver.
>>
File: At2-OST.jpg (1 MB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
At2-OST.jpg
1 MB, 2400x2400
>>46325996

Sounds familiar.
>>
So my group is starting a privateer/explorer campaign and I need build advise. We have a Fighter/Barbarian, a Gunslinger, and a Rogue/Cavalier. We've already agreed I'll be the captain, and I'm planning to play a foolhardy Aasimar from a wealthy family that got bored of the posh life and became a privateer and explorer. I was optimally planning play an Unchained Rogue, but we're starting at level 1, and could probably use a healer considering how our GM's encounters tend to be. I could go Cleric of a sea god, but I feel like a high wisdom would contradict the whole "foolhardy" aspect of my concept. Should I go Oracle instead, or are there other options I could take for a healer? If I go Oracle, any Mysteries that would go well with a sea-faring campaign?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>46330133
Why not a feat that lets you designate <casting stat> allies who don't see your darkness and/or enemies who don't see your light?

Also, maybe put something like "must be healed by positive energy", on Photosytnehsis so we don't get dhampir catching some rays under what is, remember, a PORTAL TO THE POSITIVE ENERGY PLANE
>>
>>46330191
>starting at level 1
>multiclassing
Choose one. Also, cuck.
>>
>>46330015
I think that already happened when someone insinuated that their CN PC followers of Milani were basically ISIS.
>>
>>46330251
RIP Mr. Bubbles
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 394x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 394x370
>>46330246
>People can't plan in advance to multiclass after they level up a few times.
>>
>>46330191
If you want to be a healer, Life Oracle is the obvious choice. Besides that, the only sea-related Mystery is Waves, which is not that great compared to your alternatives.
>>
>>46330330
He was the hero we needed, not the one we deserved.
>>
>>46330001
>>46329892
>>46330133
Keep in mind, also that Nature has a talent that does the same thing, so if you're making nature a prereq, they can probably just grab it there!
>>
>>46330191
Life Oracle, maybe transitioning into Holy Vindicator later on. Grab Aquatic Bloodline via Eldritch Heritage feats later

There ya go.
>>
File: 1455497865926.jpg (79 KB, 712x720) Image search: [Google]
1455497865926.jpg
79 KB, 712x720
Tell me when the magical realming starts for you:

>You find an orc settlement.
>All of the orcs are male.
>All orcs in this setting are male, actually.
>Women are a mysterious and exotic concept to orcs.
>The orcs can reproduce homosexually somehow.
>In their culture it's customary for all people to walk around shirtless to show openness and honesty (ie you have nothing to hide); wearing a plain sweater is almost like wearing a loudly rattling trenchcoat with the hood drawn up in trustworthiness to these people.
>Unfree or indebted people in this settlement do not wear pants either, because they EXTRA cannot have anything to hide and are not trusted unless they do this.
>Body paint is ubiquitous for these orcs.
>Paint handprints mark people who walk about the town who have passed and chatted with anyone they know, broadcasting the meeting visually and sparking many more conversations and gossip.
>>
>>46330168
I have no idea what you're talking about, anon.

;D
>>
>>46330392
He's in a better place, along with Ryan McGosling
>>
>>46330234
Photosynthesis doesn't require the sun to work (just bright light).

Plus, the nature of the sun is setting specific.
>>
File: witchdoctor__2_.jpg (110 KB, 680x800) Image search: [Google]
witchdoctor__2_.jpg
110 KB, 680x800
/pfg/ was the pre-errata scarred witch doctor really broken? Sure Con casting meant you could have a boatload of HP, but the half BAB still held back a lot of potential as a 9th-level caster/melee character right?

I'm trying to convince my GM to let me play one so I'd appreciate the best arguments you have for the balance of the pre-errata SWD.
>>
>>46330426
Three, dipping back out of magical realm at 4 (because it's clearly no longer setting up rape and rape accessories), and back in at 5.
>>
>>46330426
It started around "Tell me" because that instantly lets me know the entire thing is your magical realm. Other than that, first line, maybe the second if you're lucky.
>>
File: creepier.jpg (155 KB, 526x360) Image search: [Google]
creepier.jpg
155 KB, 526x360
>>46330426
>Women are a mysterious and exotic concept to orcs.
Autism detector is ticking.

>The orcs can reproduce homosexually somehow.
Autism confirmed, magical realm inbound, seal all entries and evacuate the president to the bunker.
>>
>>46330449
It wasn't in fact, the "nerf" actual makes it busted considering you can now make a character starting with 22-24 effective INT.

A Con caster still need Int for bonus spells and to synergy knowledge stuff. It encouraged less cut and paste casters by given a little incentive to branch out into close combat a little.
>>
File: garathos.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
garathos.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>46330426
>You find an orc
>>
>>46330191
>>46330371
Yeah, Life Oracle with Aquatic EH sounds good for your concept
>>
>>46330449
>pfg/ was the pre-errata scarred witch doctor really broken?
No more so than the normal Witch. If anything, post Errata made it busted, especially for Half-orcs or anyone one who cheated in the race requirement, due to +4 bonus to Int score
>>
>>46330426
honestly the last 4 aren't very magical realmy.
>>
File: CWfaeoIWoAAMLPU.jpg (36 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
CWfaeoIWoAAMLPU.jpg
36 KB, 599x337
>>46330578
>gay naked body-painted orcs walking around covered in hand prints like Brazilian strippers
>not magical realmy
>>
>>46330426
If we assume magical realm starts as soon as I start thinking this has to be my DM's fetish? Five.

If we assume magical realm starts as soon as I begin feeling uncomfortable with how sexual it is? Nine.
>>
Best way to Teleport as a swift/free action?
>>
>>46330654
1pp or 3pp?
>>
File: 8a8.jpg (356 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
8a8.jpg
356 KB, 1280x720
>>46330447
Nah, light from lightbulbs or fluorescent tubes doesn't work for photosynthesis, it's not natural light so plants can't use it. It pretty much has to be light from the sun, that's why plants eventually whither when you keep them inside, even if you have the lights on.
>>
>>46330667
Either. I'm the DM. But I make things work as per written.

I was thinking PoW with the discipline that allows teleportation over a move action.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 430x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 430x468
>>46330447
Holy shit no that's not how that works.
>>
>>46330654
Dimensional dervish?
>>
How would you destroy the Apocalypse Box, /tg/?

It seems like one of the more difficult artifacts to handle. The majority need some kind of story justification, but this one seems to suggest you just need to beat anywhere from CR 44 to 7 CR 20 creatures three times in one day.

And then convince an ancient gold dragon to sacrifice itself (though I'm sure a good deity would bring them back to destroy the box). Doesn't change that you need to survive the trials.
>>
>>46330681
>>46330801

The feat, Photosynthesis, does not require sunlight to function. It only requires the bright light level of light.

Because the intention is to allow you to benefit in areas of your glow as well, and its not like you're using the actual science of photosynthesis anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 572x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 572x303
>>46330855
That just seems to make it incredibly abusable
>>
>>46330692
If 3pp is allowed then 3.5 material is on the table. Shadow Blink is a 7th level Shadow Hand maneuver. Hell there's a compatible-with-PF-wizard ACF for conjurers to teleport 10ft as an immediate action Int times/day, in PH2. Another immediate action short-ranger and my personal favourite magic item is the Shadow Cloak in DotU, but that's in response to attacks only.
>>
File: Dead_Hand_Close-Up[1].jpg (287 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Dead_Hand_Close-Up[1].jpg
287 KB, 800x600
What spell-like abilities should I give a CR12 amorphous undead that's inspired by pic related?
>>
>>46330904
Why? Nature's got one that Just Works, and both are only useable up to half max hp.

Sure you could do the vitalist thing, but if you want to build a party around something, infinite healing isn't the most abusive thing you can do.
>>
>>46330944
>3pp = 3.5

uhhh, not necessarily

>>46330966
>Black tentacles
>Give it constrict, and Final Embrace/Final Embrace Horror/Final Embrace Master
>>
Question with Veiled Moon Maneuvers...

If I were a Gestalt Martial and Summoner, could I apply a teleport as per a maneuver onto myself and my eidelon?
>>
>>46330628
I guess I don't know about brazil or its strippers. Just seems like a girly gossip culture honestly - you can see who's been talking to who everywhere you look. Crowd sees their pal who talked to King Homo that day, everyone asks him what's going on, he spills the news, they slap him with their marks and walk off to tell their friends, he continues on with lots more handprints, etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
>>46330991
>up to half hp
Oh that makes it much less broken than I though it was, and fair enough
>>
Is there an item (not a necklace slot) that facilitates rerolls? Specifically for saving throws.

The dungeon I'm in has absurd monsters, and ridiculous high saving throw DCs. However, I'm built quite well to handle them (Fort/Will = +28, Reflex = +30/evasion), though I'm worried about rolling 1s.

I have Silver Crane Resurgence, though that only helps me on one reroll per turn. Items would be ideal, I know there's a trait and feats for it, but I can't afford to dip for a reroll on the off chance I roll a one.
>>
>>46331062
I-I can't tell if that's being sarcastic or not.
>>
>>46331125
There's a cyclops helm that lets you roll a 20 once a day for... 5k?
>>
>>46331125
For near-death situations, there's a Dream Journal that will let you reroll a fatal save/attack:
>http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Dream%20Journal%20of%20the%20Pallid%20Seer
>>
>>46331141
That's the Cyclops Helm you're thinking of, probably. It's 5,600 GP but it doesn't give you a reroll. I just allowed you to use an immediate action to decide the result of pretty much any d20 roll you make 1/day. You'll probably be picking a 20.

It's a cool item, if I get the cash for it soon I want to add its effect to my Jingasa of the Fortunate Soldier.
>>
I want to play an orc knight riding a noble boar spreading rebellion among the oppressed
What class
>>
>>46331265
lower
>>
>>46331232
That's what he said, you roll a 20 once per day.

Which could be useful, but for me, I'm unlikely to fail unless I roll a 1, which is hard to predict. >>46331207 is ideal for me, because any failed roll is a 'near-death scenario'
>>
>>46331265
bard
>>
>>46331281
I appreciate you on a deep and conceptual level.
>>
File: Laughing Mask.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Mask.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
>>46331281
>>
>>46331265
Beastrider Cavelier
>>
File: boots1.png (54 KB, 446x459) Image search: [Google]
boots1.png
54 KB, 446x459
>>46331281
Simply brilliant, anon.
>>
>>46325546
Then it has enough density to just punch itself through whatever it is resting on all the way to the center of the earth.
>>
File: Puss_in_Boots_1.jpg (26 KB, 638x476) Image search: [Google]
Puss_in_Boots_1.jpg
26 KB, 638x476
Noob here with a nooby question. Apologies in advance if this is going against board culture, don't usually post here much.

So I joined my first PF campaign a few weeks ago with a few buddies. I basically just got linked to d20pfsrd with no explanation and told to make a level 7 character. Went with a catfolk swashbuckler 'cus I had Shrek on the mind. Just read some of the pastebins here and apparently swashbucklers are in the lowest tier of classes. What makes them so bad? In the one session we've had I basically wrecked face, never got hit despite having shit hit dice rolls and no Con mod (I'm talking sub-40 HP here), and did absolutely filthy amounts of damage to pretty much everything. Just parried every attack because I took a feat that gave me 7 attacks of opportunity a turn and made all my Cha-boosted saves, and I still have a once-a-day re-roll to any attack that gets past my AC because of this one racial feat. I'd understand if swashbucklers are not broken like wizards and such because that's how it was in D&D, but I never really felt weak or underpowered like the list described. Should I make another character just in case it turns out badly?
>>
>>46331130
I wasn't being sarcastic,
>>
>>46331018
Maneuver teleports only teleport you unless otherwise noted.
>>
>>46331699
Is THIS sarcastic????
>>
>>46331647
>What makes them so bad?

Bad at dealing damage, incredibly bad at doing everything else other than dealing damage.

It sounds like your DM is going easy on the group, and/or you just plain got lucky for a session.
>>
>>46331722
You sound like you're being sarcastic.
>>
>>46331647
So, the main issue Swashbucklers face is Swift Action gating.
Charmed Life, that Charisma to saves ability? Immediate action, which consumes your next turn's swift action. And it only applies to a single save.
Opportune Parry and Riposte is nice if you have Combat Reflexes, but the Riposte consumes your immediate action, which means no Charmed Life and only one Riposte per turn.
Dodging Panache, your Charisma to AC ability, is again, an immediate action. On top of that, if you have more than one enemy, all but the one you're avoiding gets to shank you. And you DON'T get your Cha bonus to AC against those attacks.
Precise Strike, the ability that you activate to get double your level to damage? Swift action. So if you used any of your other abilities last turn, you can't activate this to make up for the low damage of your rapier.
>>
>>46331647
Locked into one weapon style even more than a paladin, generally not good at dealing damage, and most of it's class abilities can't be used together due to all using swift/immediate actions.
>>
>>46331647
>Just parried every attack because I took a feat that gave me 7 attacks of opportunity a turn
Well, for starters, you'll run out of panache really quickly if you try to do that.
>>
>>46331768
> Paladin
> Only one weapon style

Buildposter, I'm gonna need you to stop sucking your own cock long enough to learn to read.
>>
>>46331647
They need their resource to do things other, better classes can do for free, and their resource pool is low
>>
Is Urban Bloodrager really a whole tier above other bloodragers from access to bard and magus spells alone?

I mean dimension door and bladed dance are fun, but i don't really see anything that pushes it up a whole tier
>>
>>46331647
>did absolutely filthy amounts of damage to pretty much everything.
Build a Barbarian with Power Attack, then compare.
Also, your parries are limited
And Weapon Finesse does not add Dex to Damage, only to hit.
>>
>>46331993
Swash gets dex to damage anyways, irrelevant.
>>
>>46325428
>>"How do you fluff your caster's spells?"
I don't. In fact, I cut what little fluff there is for the spells and boil them down to raw "I do the thing".
>>
>>46331812
He can't.
>>
>>46332047
No they don't
>>
File: Lubu-dw7art.jpg (784 KB, 686x982) Image search: [Google]
Lubu-dw7art.jpg
784 KB, 686x982
Guy from previous thread making PoW Template for Cavaliers and Samurai.

The Seneschal (what I'm calling it) is underway, and I'd like to quickly poll you guy's opinion.
What should the Initiating Modifier be? Cha or Int? On the one hand, there isn't a lot of Cha, but then it would feel like a shittier Warlord. On the other hand, while Int is equally under used and very useful, it feels less thematically appropriate.

Thoughts?
>>
>>46332101
do you want Lu Bu or Guan Yu?
>>
>>46332047
Only a single archetype, all the others have to take Slashing Grace like any other martial.
>>
>>46332047
Only with either Slashing Grace, or that one new Rapier feat from UI
>>
>>46332101
what's up with that kind of hat though?
Is that a phoenix feathered cap? Who honestly thinks that "yeah.. I will wear those two red tails on my head and look awesome!"?
Is there some cultural thingey that I do not know of?
>>
>>46332122
Kiiinda was Lu Bu, but I want it to be well accessible to most types of Cavs or Sams.

Really though, I only say Lu Bu because I want to make the Mount into Red Hare. The Bu is optional
>>
>>46332135
The "new Rapier feat from UI" was a Slashing Grace reprint, anon.
>>
>>46332170
Go charisma
>>
If you took divine source(the mythic power that lets you give people spell) could you retrain/start taking in Cleric of Yourself?
>>
>>46332101
Why not give them a choice and associate it with a class feature. Tactics(Int) vs Glory(Cha)
>>
>>46332206
I see no reason why not.
>>
>>46332206
Praying to yourself would be awkward. Not getting spells because you hate yourself even more so.
>>
>>46332101
Wisdom.

I mean, you're basically talking about "nonmagical paladin" in terms of thematics, so why not?
>>
>>46332206
Yeah, but you'd be kinda shit at it unless you kept progressing through mythic quickly.
>Creatures that gain spells from you don't receive any spells per day of levels higher than your tier; they lose those spell slots.

I don't recall the exact progression of tier/level in WotR, but it might work out there. Less so in a sane mythic game that avoids the high tiers where everything goes straight to shit.
>>
>>46332135
Isn't Fencing Grace already a thing?

Bonking Grace WHEN
>>
>>46331756
Oh shit I had no idea. In hindsight it did seem a bit silly that I could do so much shit. Thanks for the info.

>>46331993
Well I don't know how filthy is filthy, but I got two 40+ crits with a full attack in one turn, then another 40+ crit when I parried the guy's lightsaber on his turn. And that's before I remembered the bane ability on my swashbuckler's rapier I took. My attack and damage rolls are both at +15 or so. Took Fencing Grace to boost it up because Cha and Dex are my only worthwhile stats.

>>46331782
Somehow didn't even come close. Free 15-20 threat range basically means I had crits for days, and I downed enough mooks to keep myself topped up to unload on the boss later.

Another question, this one doesn't seem to have any official answer from what google says. Is it possible to parry and riposte a touch attack? I say this because the guy I was fighting tried to nab me with one of those and I dodged, and the GM said I'd have basically been insta-killed if his roll had been good enough.
>>
>>46332271

Fencing Grace was old and they reprinted it with a huge nerf in UI lmao
>>
>>46332165
Yeah, it was pretty much a required piece of headwear at the time (Due to laws about how often one could cut one's hair, and cultural mores about how it was to be presented), and, well, things tend to get silly when people try and stand out wearing something everyone's wearing. I'm trying to find an example of something exactly like that, though, and I'm not having much luck yet.
>>
>>46331812
I guess I should have said "build style". whatever.
>>
>>46332253
We already have too many Wis based Initiators

>>46332226
I kinda like this one. I'll have to see how I can put that it.
>>
>>46332305
Bullshit. I do not believe you.
>>
Are there initiators that use physical stats as their initiating modifier?
>>
File: pg83.png (551 KB, 731x950) Image search: [Google]
pg83.png
551 KB, 731x950
>>46332409
Get dunked on, would-be rapier maguses, no TWF for you!
>>
so I have a player who wants to hide his gear in a few crystals which are scattered and embedded in his body.
The idea was that he could then call it forth with a thought once battle begins and such.
Yay or nay?
>>
>>46332449
What was it before? Did it lake the clause about needing a free hand before?
>>
Level 7 Juju Oracle focusing on Necromancy here.
Need advice on what to craft with my shitload of dollars.
If I pawn off all the crap I have, I've got about 40k gold, and I should have like a month to craft stuff.
What should I get?
I'm thinking of getting a +6 CHA item, but I figured I'd ask here to make sure I wasn't gonna accidentally miss out on something important.
I've not crafted anything so far at all, the only magic items I have are a shitty ghost touch dagger and a ring that casts 1 of 3 spells once per day. Well, I've also got a Luckstone but that's going into the garbage disposal for the ~20k gold as soon as I get to town.
Suggestions, please?
>>
>you will never actually play PF and eternally /pfg/post instead
What an awful feeling this is.
>>
>>46332449
I personally think dex-to-damage is not very good for classes that have other things to spend feats on.

>>46332477
+stat items are really costly at the high end. I would go with a +4 headband, then put the rest into consumable items and fun things.

Headbanc of ??? +4
Amulet of natural armor +1
Ring of protection +1
cloak of resistance +3
+1 your armor if you have it.
>>
>>46332473
Yep. Paizo remains abjectly terrified of the idea of a character getting Dex-to-damage without being forced to one-hand their weapon, and has now extended that to demanding one hand be utterly unused at all times.
>>
>>46332428
uh....
I think... no?
I'm trying to think but... Wis, Wis, Cha, Wis, Int, Wis, Int...
>>
>>46332518
Joke's on them, I'll make a character who only /has/ one arm
>>
>>46332518

>Unchained Rogue gets 1.5x dex to damage with THW at the cost of 0 feats
>Everyone else has to spend 3 feats to get shit all

????????
>>
There's also a new feat that gives dex to damage with starknives (but you can't TWF with it), which is useful for... oh, absolutely no one
>>
>>46332428
If the character has the Martial Training feats, then the ability score for the associated skill becomes the initiation modifier.
>>
File: image.png (102 KB, 314x333) Image search: [Google]
image.png
102 KB, 314x333
>>46332575
The title of rogue grants one mystical powers that even wizards cannot tap into.
>>
>>46332548
Funnily enough, a fair number of one-hander options explicitly say you have to have an empty hand. Nobody thinks past one very specific character concept when they write feats.
>>
>>46332509
I honestly don't need any of the items you've listed there. My breastplate handles my AC fine and I have retardedly huge saves already.
You got anything interesting in mind other than attribute increasers?
>>
>>46332575
Paizo - no sense of game design.
>>
What's the most satisfying part of DMing for you? Is it satisfying at all?

For me I think the most satisfying part is probably building it all up. Working on maps, planning devious plots, building encounters, and stuff like that- when I'm done with all the preparations and I look back at the work I've done, I feel really accomplished. I doesn't matter than some percentage of my planning won't survive contact with my players, just the fact that I've got all these vague ideas from my head put down in a concrete, defined form makes me feel oddly giddy. Oh, and actually running it for my players is fun too; if they end up doing exactly what I expected them to do I feel like some evil genius with a flawless keikaku doori.
>>
>>46332428
That would be the craziest, most OP shit in the universe.
I want it.
>>
>>46332715
The most satisfying part, for me, is hindsight. Looking back on it all, wiping the sweat off my brow when it just barely managed to work, hanging my head in shame when it failed, and cheering when something I anticipated would be good was good for the players too.
>>
>>46332449
>>46332518
What would we even have to do to make one-handed-nothing-off-hand "style" worth using? All the buffs they try to give it and it's still shitty.

>>46332575
Good, if Unchained Rogue was suppose to actually be worth using as compared to the shitty baseline Rogue, they needed to give it something that no one else could easily get. The whole redesign of the Rogue for Unchained was pretty good IMO.
>>
>>46332684
Those are just the "standard 6" items that everyone should have. I wasn't sure of your experience level so i though I would mention them earlier.

Metamagic rods are sweet. Ring of revelation might be nice.
>>
>>46332449
>implying I'm even doing Magus stuff instead of optimizing a pure martial under that one anon's constantly reposted houserule printout for giving the non-THF/bow weapon styles simple feat-independent niches
>>
>>46332428
>>46332523
Warlord: CHA
Warder: INT
Stalker: WIS
Harbinger: INT
Mystic: WIS
Zealot: CHA
Aegis: INT
Barbarian: WIS
Bard: CHA
Dread: CHA
Fighter: WIS
Marksman: WIS
Monk: WIS
Paladin: CHA
Ranger: WIS
Rogue: INT

So 5 charisma users, 4 intelligence users, and 7 wisdom users.
>>
>>46332659
In other words, it's possible to use Dex. Not Str, because there's no Swim or Climb-based disciplines, and not Con, because there's no Con SKILLS.
>>
>>46332824
>there's no Swim or Climb-based disciplines
Which is, frankly, pretty stupid.
>>
>>46332715
I used to get the most satisfaction out of building stuff and getting people together to play my favourite games with me, but I think the actual most satisfying is when you can elicit genuine emotional reactions out of players - creeped out by your spooky zone, caring about your NPCs to the point where they actually worry for their safety, making angry speeches FOR FREEDOM when confronting the evil dictator/psycho ideology, etc.

Those are the moments when I feel most validated.
>>
>>46332824
Correct, unless there are traits that turn Dex skills into Str skills that I do not know about.
>>
>>46332891
Swim and climb are pretty stupid skills, desu.
>>
>you will never get to play in a cute PF party
Where do I even go to play with people who play with cute PCs? It's always bands of gruff mcedge dudes in my experience.
>>
>>46332926
That's because you're playing with teenagers.
>>
>>46332926
Play with girls and other gay dudes, it's not hard.
>>
>>46332994
B-but cooties!
>>
Yo, group asked to play Iron Gods as a starter. Anything I should keep in mind while I run?
>>
>>46332994

Gay dudes are weird though.
>>
>>46333200
As someone who played through it the plot could use a bit of a change. The players found that there was no motivation to oppose the bbeg (We made at as far book 5). Now that I am running it I plan on giving the bbeg slightly more presence in book 3 to motivate them into doing book 4 and 5.
>>
>>46333224
Not really, no.
>>
What's the preferred way of playing an occultist? Putting implements into one or two implement schools or spreading it out to nearly all of them?
>>
>>46333236
Gonna be honest I have no idea what you are talking about but i suppose that will change after a little while.

Also, incidentally, is it a particularly easy or difficult moduale in your oppinion? The group looks to be wanting to make power-classes, and I have established that, because it's preset, it's going to be only as difficult as they make it, but otherwise, I am just trying to keep an eye out if I should be compensating the enemies
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.