[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
File: imuge.jpg (332 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
imuge.jpg
332 KB, 1024x768
Taking the Edition Seriously Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Last Thread: >>46219002
>>
File: Joy_DA.png (28 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
Joy_DA.png
28 KB, 1162x850
First for First Legion best Legion!
>>
File: image.png (296 KB, 760x507) Image search: [Google]
image.png
296 KB, 760x507
>>46226767
http://regimental-standard.com
A blog written like it was made by guardsmen what can go wrong?
>>
File: 1456205383379.jpg (144 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1456205383379.jpg
144 KB, 500x484
First for Ork player
>>
>>46226822
>what can go wrong?
The faggot that wrote it could come to /tg/ and try to self prom- oh wait....

The text to speech guy does the same thing I swear.
>>
>>46226767
Fourth for fourth sphere expansion!
>>
>>46226858
>I2
>>
>>46226873
It's a GW thing.
>>
>>46226923
Give it a rest. I beg of you.
>>
File: Supa.jpg (31 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
Supa.jpg
31 KB, 500x278
>>46226948
Oh replace wrote with shills then. My pardons.
>>
>>46227016
>muh shill boogeyman
>>>/v/
>>
A fluff question: Does anyone know how large the Valhallan 597th is?
>>
File: davidians-Corr_zps17081313.jpg (202 KB, 930x1024) Image search: [Google]
davidians-Corr_zps17081313.jpg
202 KB, 930x1024
So, this is what I was thinking about doing for a Death-Cult army.

1500pts SoB
HQ
-Uriah
-Priest with an Eviscerator

No Slot
-Warband x5 Death Cultists in an Immolator
-Warband x5 Cursaders in an Immolator (Uriah goes here)

Troops
-Sisters Squad x2 melta in an Immolator
-Sisters Squad x2 melta in an Immolator

That leaves 65 points, that I'm not sure how to spend. Maybe a cheap Inquistor to go somewhere? Or Replace one of the Eviscerator Priests with Cortez, and a similar Inquistorial warband.

Thinking pic related for the Eviscerator Priests.
>>
>>46227342
And these, when they come out as the Death Cult Assassins.
>>
>>46226513
>Even in those crusades, you're still only talking 2 marine chapters.

There were dozens of Space Marine chapters involved in the Damocles conflict.
>>
>>46226970
Not until you fags stop dong the "first for" shit.
>>
File: s15_4013_01__sized.jpg (900 KB, 1200x918) Image search: [Google]
s15_4013_01__sized.jpg
900 KB, 1200x918
What's this? Fluff?
>>
>>46227484
some rogue trader's wench
>>
>>46227484
Looks like a pretty boss female inquisitor to me.
>>
>>46227426
"The Crusade was based around a dozen capital starships of the Imperial Navy, 5 provisional companies of Space Marines made up of contingents supplied by almost a dozen different Chapters and 19 Regiments of Imperial Guard, seven of them from Brimlock."

Just posting some proofs on your behalf.

However Big Daddy Abby is a bit more important and has the attention of:

"Battlefleet Cadia, Battlefleet Corona, Battlefleet Gothic, Battlefleet Scarus, Battlefleet Solar, 57 Imperial Navy Battlegroups, including Battlegroup Nemesis, Battlegroup Imperatis, and the Bakka Sector Task Force, 28 Adeptus Astartes Chapters, 5 Orders Militant of the Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Guard regiments from 18 worlds, Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarii regiments, 4 Titan Legions, Centurio Ordinatus, Eldar fleets, Necron fleets "
>>
>>46227484
Could be an inquisitor, Rogue Trader, Hiver nobility...
>>
>>46227538
>5 provisional companies of Space Marines made up of contingents supplied by almost a dozen different Chapters

Having contingencies supplied by ALMOST a dozen chapters is not to say that those chapters were there in full strength.

>28 Adeptus Astartes Chapters for Abbadon
Sounds about right.
>>
>>46227538
>contingents supplied by almost a dozen different Chapters
TIL 8 is almost a dozen

Black Templars
Iron Hands
Novamarines
Raven Guard
Scythes of the Emperor
Subjugators
Ultramarines
White Scars
>>
File: shexterm.jpg (501 KB, 1282x961) Image search: [Google]
shexterm.jpg
501 KB, 1282x961
Are any of you a bad enough dude to cleanse the Sin of Damnation without pussy-ass shit like re-rolling command points and unjamming during the enemy turn?
>>
>>46227605
A chapter usually has more the one company right?
>>
>>46227538
>5 Orders Militant of the Adepta Sororitas
How many sisters would that total out to be? 5000?
>>
>>46227677
Yes. 10 companies make 1000 marines.
>>
File: UltraBest.jpg (126 KB, 698x960) Image search: [Google]
UltraBest.jpg
126 KB, 698x960
>>46227677
A chapter should have 10 companies of 100 space marines plus support staff.
>>
>>46227681
I think an Order Militant is a pretty broad descriptor. I don't think that the have any set minimum or maximum size.

Historically speaking Orders could be a handful of dudes or thousands.
>>
>>46227635
Hammers of Dorn against Farsight
Red Scorpions+Admech Vs Tau in new Imperial Armour this summer
>>
File: LEGION AND WARBAND TACTICS.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
LEGION AND WARBAND TACTICS.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46226767
Reposting here because I got nothing last time.

These are some Legion/Warband tactics for CSM's.

Included are:

>Black Legion
>Word Bearers
>Alpha Legion
>Iron Warriors
>Night Lords
>World Eaters
>Emperors Children
>Thousand Sons
>Death Guard
>Red Corsairs
>The Purge
>The Cleaved
>Flawless Host
>Company of Misery
>The Scourged

Rate, critique, praise, demolish, I don't care, just tell me what y'all think of them.
>>
>>46227759
Not him but we are talking specifically about the Damocles Crusade thus far.

Even then I could see them saying a dozen and not revealing two in case muh special snowflake head cannon successor chapters want in.
>>
>>46227661
I've done it in the past. I think I still have the files to try it again.
>>
>>46227803
The point was about Tau only having a 0.3% chance of being enemies for special snowwflake roll-chapters/regiments, when they've been encountered by plenty of Imp companies and usually win against the Imps.
>>
>>46227866
that was last thread broham I was just going off of what was stated above (here >>46227426)

I get your point though, how about we kick it up to one whole percent just between you and me, huh?
>>
>>46227759
Don't forget the Avenging Sons from Taros.
>>
File: shex.jpg (211 KB, 1276x954) Image search: [Google]
shex.jpg
211 KB, 1276x954
>>46227823
Can still get the full Space Hulk package from the 1d4chan page here https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Alien_Assault

Alternatively, this is the download link http://www.mediafire.com/?rc2t1c1t757bdyo

It's got almost every conceivable SH mission in there, but they've totally fucked up the mission names so you gotta go rooting around for the ones you want. Sin of Damnation is in the folder called 40 inside the missions folder. You gotta take it out of there and rename it to something the game will recognize as a campaign. I replaced the games tutorial campaign called 0 with Sin of Damnation by renaming it to 0.

Let me know if you need help.
>>
>>46227866
>The point was about Tau only having a 0.3% chance of being enemies for special snowwflake roll-chapters/regiments, when they've been encountered by plenty of Imp companies and usually win against the Imps

You are defending your point with saying Damocles was a huge deal when you only got a response from ~12/1000+ Space Marine Chapters.

So you are right, 0.3% is wrong
Now it is 0.012%
>>
>>46228021
It was also a total of five companies from those chapters.

Considering there are 100.000 companies of Marines in the imperium its 0,005% actually.
>>
>>46227790
>Like the BL stuff. (I'd make "only the best" global, but that's a personal bugbear.)
>WB feel, I dunno, a little bland? Nothing majorly wrong though, apart from as written every unit will be rolling to be damaged by warpstorm almost every turn. Unless that was the intention.
>AL's sabotage seems too powerful, I'd drop the special rules bit. "Your aegis defence line no longer has skyfire" is kind of bullshit, and automated guns suddenly firing like normal units is just weird.
>IW seem good.
>NL seem good.
>WE seem fine. Maybe D3+6 bloodletters instead though. Not sure.
>EC seem good.
>TS seem good.
>Not sure about "the plague god's blessing". Nurgle stuff already has special rules for toughening them up. Otherwise fine.
>Not familiar enough with the fluff of the rest to feel I can comment fairly.
Solid effort, all in all. Nice work anon.
>>
>>46228071
That assumes they're at full strength. Most Chapters probably only have 8-900ish. Less if they just went through a major campaign.
>>
File: 1456719506857.jpg (6 KB, 249x203) Image search: [Google]
1456719506857.jpg
6 KB, 249x203
When were you when MWG perfected Kino?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-g36bd9cKk
>>
Where to get the chinese copies? I'm not paying $120 for a toy tank.
>>
>>46227974
oh neat, that's a newer version than the one I'm using

going to have to put those voice files back in tho
>>
>>46228293
>Where to get the chinese copies?
Going to take more effort than that poorfag. At least attempt googling a few phrases before getting on your knees.
>>
>>46228138
Thanks. I play in a CSM-heavy meta, and I've decided to write this stuff up to try and make playing them more fun for all of us.

>(I'd make "only the best" global, but that's a personal bugbear.)

Many of the others do make use of Chaos Cultists though, and often use them as fodder while their elites roll up and smash shit. Black Legion uses them too, but only when they're making a large, all-out assault, and even then they're still distraction units.

>Unless that was the intention.

It actually wasn't. What I intended was for them to be IMMUNE to the effects of the Warpstorm table, because they'd be aligned to all gods and therefore protected. I'll have to re-word that better.

> I'd drop the special rules bit.

That's a good point. I hadn't considered the bit about Fortifications and gun emplacements.

>Maybe D3+6 bloodletters instead though. Not sure.

That's fair. 7-12 is a little large, now that I think about it. I was going off of the assumption they'd need to be bigger because they'll basically do nothing but sit there for one turn, as they can't assault.

I'll look it over again, re-work it, and re-post it later.
>>
>>46227342
Those DC assassins are going to get shot up the turn they disembark.
What's on the Immolators?
>>
>>46227790
Going from a straight old vs new:

BL:
Chosen being buffed and made troops, for free, feels hicky.

Black Crusaders rule might as well be appended to the VOTLW instead of having all the units listed.

AL:
Let them have acute senses as well, no tactical mastery about arriving at the wrong table ende.

IW:
Havocs as Troops is a plain no, let them take more heavy weapons per marines maybe.

Up the Obliterator rate.

Also, where the Legion Bombards at?
Git some BS4 artillry battery options in there.

NL:
Just say all but cultists are immune to fear.

Also, RC's get to charge from a safe reserve deployment, but deep-strikers that risk mishaps cant? Where's the shock n' awe there,? They stand around and look extra brooding during the enemy shooting phase?

TS:
No mutations allowed but still allow possessed and spawn?

DG:
Plague thrower, why not just gets hots & shred upgrade for flamers like the Purge?

Slow and implacable, no bikers, really?

RC:
Chaos boarding shield, why not just a regular boarding shield? Hell having to be side to side with as brother for the bonus defeats the purpose of a boarding shield in closed corridors.
>>
>>46228349
> D3+6 bloodletters
> 7-12

It's Khorne, base it on wounds or make it 8.
Because Khorne.
>>
>>46228395
I derped on that bit. Twin-linked Multi-meltas for all.
Think I should swap some Immolators out for Rhinos and bigger squads? I was a little afraid that the DCA would stand a good chance of wiping the opponent in assault and leave them open to get shot down on the opponent's phase, if the squads are bigger.
>>
>>46227016
>GW shills on a thread that already exists specifically to talk about GW
I want anybody who's IQ is too low to be testable to leave.
>>
>>46227661
>unjamming during the enemy turn

I didn't even realize that was an option.
>>
>>46228639
>implying that gw doesnt come here to shill
who do think are the brainless zombies that 'like' AoS? kek
>>
File: lel.jpg (52 KB, 620x583) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
52 KB, 620x583
>>46227717
Then come back when you've disbanded your non codex tyrannic veteran squads.

>tfw the Imperial Fists are more codex compliant than the Ultramarines
>>
>>46228671
The only time I've seen AOS mentioned in the 40k general are people saying that 40k is going to end up as bad as it.

So if you believe that GW specifically shills in threads that are only talking about GW products, and are doing so by bashing their own product, then they would have to be the worst shills in the entire history of shilling.

Come on son, not even GW is that stupid.
>>
>>46228346
>poorfag because I don't want a second mortage for what amounts to toy soldiers

Nigga please
>>
File: 1417832273826.png (57 KB, 155x201) Image search: [Google]
1417832273826.png
57 KB, 155x201
>>46227717

the number thing is silly, its something that would make sense to retcon but its too entrenched in the fluff. look at the new warzone damocles books, WS/RG had 2-3 companies worth of marines fighting Tau who were deploying all kinds of anti-marine weaponary/tech and the marines would get their arses kicked all the time. no way they could keep up with attrition.
>>
>>46228293
Google 'Yoyhammer'
>>
File: 1449122167622.jpg (69 KB, 634x900) Image search: [Google]
1449122167622.jpg
69 KB, 634x900
>>46228758
Thanks mate
>>
>>46228745
I bet you don't go to movies, buy fast food, or drink with your friends either
>>
>>46228740
>not even GW is that stupid.
nah, gw is that stupid. its probably just gw store employees though, the people who is viscerally upset when you point how massive a failure AoS is are probably working for gw in some capacity.
>>
>>46228758
you know he's just going to be back in five minutes when he doesn't find the e-mail... Even though it'll be somewhere in the first four google results.
>>
>>46228810
I do all that, I also feed a substantial collection of firearms. I also like table games, and if I can get away with good quality counterfeit models for cheap, all the better. The community is great and so are the games, GW on the other hand, are huge jews.
>>
>>46228826
You can't actually believe that they're trying to promote 40k, in a thread already about 40k, by saying "man, 40k will be as bad as AoS soon"
>>
File: 0.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
>>46228661
New games and edition lets you use CP during the enemy turn.
>>
>>46228678
That would be the Hammers of Dorn, Gensis Chapter, or Red Scorpions. The codex is just a book not a way of life at least in practice. The Gensis Chapter have a hard time imaging life without the codex that one of their Deathwatch relics is a book on how to apply the codex to Deathwatch.
>>
>>46228860
Got it, but thanks for your salt :^)
>>
>>46228890
JFC read the actual reply chain you anus.
>>
>>46228230
Still better than anything you ever did in your life.
>>
>>46228890
no, they are the faggots who freak out when you point out how AoS is shit, and 40k is declining fast, while profits dropped sharply because of AoS.

they are also the faggots who cry whenever anybody mentions chinese fw.

they come here because they are into 40k, and they just so happen to be GW (store) employees, so they get assmad anytime anybody states the obvious.
>>
>>46228407
>Chosen being buffed and made troops, for free, feels hicky.

The reason for that was because Chosen are already extremely overpriced. The +1 WS/BS and Troops makes them an actually viable choice.

Remember, Black Legion operates in small, elite teams of powerful units. The buff to Terminators and Chosen reflects that.

>Black Crusaders rule might as well be appended to the VOTLW instead of having all the units listed.

Black Crusaders is dependent on the Warlord being alive, and doesn't affect all units that can take VotLW.

>Let them have acute senses as well, no tactical mastery about arriving at the wrong table ende.

It wouldn't benefit them, as none of them get Outflank.

>Havocs as Troops is a plain no

This was chosen because Iron Warriors basically invented Havocs, and I felt it more appropriate to give them that option that to entirely invent new units. These tactics are also designed to be compatible with FW units, so they can still get those BS4 artillery.

>Up the Obliterator rate.

Iron Warriors make use of Obliterators, and probably use them more than other Legions, but they sure as hell don't like them. They'd use them, but not all that well.

>No mutations allowed but still allow possessed and spawn?

Hadn't thought about that one. That's an oversight on my part.

>Plague thrower, why not just gets hots & shred upgrade for flamers like the Purge?

Because Death Guard are about spreading rot and ruin, not just destruction like the Purge.

>no bikers, really?

Yes, because it is completely at odds with their fluff. The entire point of these tactics is to be as close to the fluff as possible.

I'll take take another look at these, though. I appreciate any critiques on them, that's why I post them.
>>
>>46228962
Not him but Ahzek's Rubric can be overpowered by Tzeentch. So 1k Spawn should be a thing.
>>
>>46228948
I've never seen anyone defending AoS in this thread.

>>46228928
I was replying the whole chain. Why don't you read it.
>>
>>46228994
>So 1k Spawn should be a thing.

Good point. I'll admit, I myself play exclusively Slaanesh (and if I plan to run Flawless Host tactics for my army) and don't know a whole hell of a lot about Thousand Sons post-Heresy.
>>
>>46229019
>I've never seen anyone defending AoS in this thread.
not ITT but it happens in these generals almost weekly. somebody mentions the profit drop and them some GW retarded employee freaks out. its obvious that some people here work for GW in some capacity.
>>
>>46229174
Honestly never seen it in the last year and a half, but I'll take your word for it.
>>
I want to try a sky claw pack with an ironpriest leading them in my gottagofast.tiff list. Problem is the skyclaws are webstore exclusive. What is the difference to skyclaws and vanilla assault marines other than some fur belts? I can get normal assaults for half the price GWs charging. Anyone? Halp!
>>
>>46228230
its actually not that bad
>>
>>46228745
Poorfag because of poor spending habits.

If you break your addictions and stop buying everything you see but can't afford on credit, you too can buy what you want in cash without resorting to inferior counterfeits.

(Unless it's finecast trash, fuck that garbage, pirate away)
>>
>>46228896
>New games
I think that was in one of the expansions (deathwing/genestealer), or even the original rules.
>>
>>46227531

There isn't a single rosette or I on it anywhere.
>>
>>46228678

Tyrannic Veteran squads are just 1st company members

They're also codex now since you know, they added them into the codex after arguing about whether or not to do so.
>>
>>46229661
Because she's one of the thousands of inquisitors that act under the guise of being a rogue trader.
>>
>>46228678
who needs the codex when you have the last wall protocol ;^)
>>
>>46229661
I assumed that was more for copyright reasons. I assumed it isn't a gw model.
>>
File: 05-bold-color-paint.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
05-bold-color-paint.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
Why do no chapters use earthy tones or pastels?
>>
I have seen it mentioned in the general before, does anyone have the title of the short stories involving Kharn and Abbadon?
>>
File: Raptor_Taros.jpg (28 KB, 249x530) Image search: [Google]
Raptor_Taros.jpg
28 KB, 249x530
>>46230355
>>
File: LordofSkulls02.png (800 KB, 641x627) Image search: [Google]
LordofSkulls02.png
800 KB, 641x627
I got it in the mail today. Obviously I will magnatize but what is the best loadout for this monster?
>>
File: Lord o Deff Skullz.jpg (39 KB, 310x366) Image search: [Google]
Lord o Deff Skullz.jpg
39 KB, 310x366
>>46230730
Looted.
>>
>>46230355
Because most power armor is not stealthy nor compact....so fuck it my guys are bright yellow and will just wreck shit anyway.
>>
File: 99560102227_Kytan01.jpg (35 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99560102227_Kytan01.jpg
35 KB, 600x620
>>46230730
Legs
>>
>>46230841
how would those even work? the joint is backwards
>>
>>46230355
Why don't you do research before you open your stupid face?
>>
>>46230912

Reticulated legs are a thing, anon.
>>
>>46230912
>what are flamingos
>>
>>46231013
lets make our walking death robot have the legs of a giraffe, natures clumsiest creature, what could go wrong?
>>
File: 1457860656566.jpg (56 KB, 480x477) Image search: [Google]
1457860656566.jpg
56 KB, 480x477
>>46230841
Experimental rules.....

Also does no one use this thing?

It has nine hp and an invuln save. Its attacks go up for every hp you lose as well and has IWND. (And you keep the attacks.)

AND it has daemonforge for those pesky gargantuans everywhere.

I am thinking skull cannon (enemy rerolls saves) and the gorestorm....
>>
Any rumors of Genestealers getting a codex? Or is The Overkill box going to be it?
>>
>>46231076

Cause it costs 888 points.
>>
>>46231072
It's chaos, that shit was never logical.
>>
>>46231076
888pts, enough said.
>>
>>46231076
>Also does no one use this thing?
nah, for the points cost you can just take a warhound titan
>>
>>46226820

It's the Wolf Time, so I'm back.

Word is you boys were beguiled by a lesser daemon that set up shop on your Fortress Monastery, which none of you failed to notice and convinced you to attack a fellow founding Legion on the eve of Abaddons Black Crusade.
>>
I bought in the last 2 years some units of both SM (as suggestion for a newcomer), and a couple of skitarii boxes because I loved them. I couldn't finish some of them because they bored me (sm tac squad and skitarii rangers, in particular).
So i decided to try it again with the Tau, which I always loved the most but was afraid of buying. Will I be bullied if I play the Tau?
>>
File: 24.jpg (286 KB, 1024x422) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
286 KB, 1024x422
>>46231076
>nine hp

Am I supposed to be impressed?
>>
>>46227790
The rules letting you ally with imperial guard are kind of unnecessary since Forge World put out the fantastic Renegades and Heretics army list.

Aside from that...
>BL
Fine
>WB
You should make it so a Dark Councillor can take other wargear, his selection is rather limited.
>AL
If you have the master of deception warlord trait you should roll 2d3 and add them together.
Also possibly allow any infantry squad of marines to buy Camo Cloaks at cost (2 ppm?)
>IW
I would also give basilisk/medusa batteries as a 0-1 in heavy support. Give them an option to upgrade to BS4 for 10 points.
>NL
Since fear is bad, maybe 'Any non-vehicle enemy that normally would automatically pass or not need to take Fear checks must take Fear checks on 2D6 as if they did not have such a rule'
>WE
Should change Hatred of the psyker to just be 'the unit gains preferred enemy while in close combat with a unit that contains one or more models with the psyker USR until the end of the turn' in order to cut down on bookkeeping (since RAW you would only get that while putting attacks into the psyker, and that's a lot of extra rolls to keep track of if you're in a big melee combat).
>EC
Fine
>DG
Change plague thrower's name to bile spewer.
>Red Corsairs
Boarding shields usually give invuln, not a cover save. The Horus heresy one gives a 6++ which could be interesting when paired with mark of tzeentch.
>Purge/Cleaved
Fine
>FH
This one seems too laden with drawbacks for no real benefit. A free chaos boon, and +1 WS in a challenge don't really seem like good trade offs. Make IC's deal instant death on a 6 to wound in challenges and give all characters shred in a challenge.
>Misery
The Witching Moon seems to be their main benefit but there's only a 50% chance of it actually happening. Add in a way to get a reroll, such as for each IC slain by your warlord you can summon it again.
>Scourged
Fine
>>
>>46230916
Post a legit chapter that uses only soft browns. I'll wait you shit eating tubby neckbeard. And no raptors green is not an earth tone, you fatass.
>>
>>46230841
Not always...
>>
So after reading that archived thread, why do some people seem to think it's completely impossible for Sororitas and Astartes to ever join Tau?
>>
>>46231587
for your own sake i hope this is bait
>>
File: Winterassault.jpg (533 KB, 1680x1024) Image search: [Google]
Winterassault.jpg
533 KB, 1680x1024
>>46231145
Hey, so the Dark Angels said there was some mutants and heretics around here. We were thinking about driving over them with some Baneblades. You know anything about that, Astartes?
>>
>>46231587
I wouldn't say it's impossible for single or a few defecting, but whole chapters joining is nonsense, and wouldn't happen.
>>
>>46231587
Not sure where they're getting that, at least the Astarte's part. Sisters are fanatical enough that they have trouble getting the Hospitallers to not murder important Xenos prisoners. Astarte's go Renegade on enough of a regular basis that I could see a company's with managing to negotiate themselves as mercenaries with the Tau, possibly in exchange for supplies, shelter, and the Tau telling the Imperium 'Oh? Those renegades? They attacked us so we blew them all up. No need to send anyone looking for them.'
>>
File: 1363983185466.png (120 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
1363983185466.png
120 KB, 500x310
>>46231587
>>
>>46231119
How are they that different?

The lord of skulls is going to pummel a warhound very quickly.
>>
>>46231399
First off, keep your fat retard hands off the goalposts.

Second:
Angels of Absolution: offwhite-bone. Pastel
Deathmongers: soft grey/green. Pastel
Sons of Horus: pale green. Pastel
Night Stalkers: Pale purple to grey. Pastel
Punishers: Bone. Pastel

Third:
"Earth tone is a color scheme that draws from a color palette of browns, tans, warm grays, and greens"
Sit down, eat your bag of dicks and don't talk with your mouth full of cock.
>>
>>46231674
I doubt they would JOIN the tau though. When a space marines goes renegade it's usually for selfish means especially if they become mercenaries. They might get some tau stuff, but I doubt they'd join the greater good. When they join chaos they get to aquire power. When they join the tau they kind of just become below mediocre rank wise.
>>
When are they gonna fix Tyranids?
>>
>>46231674
This, you could maybe have Sisters that put up with Tau for a political truce, but you wouldn't have sisters that leave the emperor's side to join fucking tau.
>>
>>46231761
Your a fatass tubby lardboi. Go kill yourself cuntbag. Not even reading your shitty post.
>>
>>46231181
I doubt it. Just adjust your list to fit your meta. It's very easy to build a powerful Tau list, and they can be no fun to play against.

I'd advise against fielding a Stormsurge at all, unless you're meta is super competitive.
>>
I need some Mathhammer here. I'm attacking a Tau Supremacy Suit (T9 W10 2+ 4++) with 2 units (6 models) of Heavy Grav Cannons (Salvo6 BS3 Grav AP2) who reroll all failed hits.

How reliably can I kill this thing?
>>
>>46231807
Yeah. It'd be more of a Kroot situation, where they're given more leeway due to technically being mercs.

Either way, there's only room for 1 in the fluff. I doubt Tau space could support multiple space marine mercenary bands, let alone keep them relatively secret.
>>
>>46231076
It's garbage. One of the worst superheavies in the game.
>>
File: Read it in his voice.jpg (186 KB, 801x530) Image search: [Google]
Read it in his voice.jpg
186 KB, 801x530
>>46231587
Why do you feel like stirring up more trouble? Why? Are (You)s worth it that much to you?
>>
>>46231840
Hah sure thing, don't catch a cold crying yourself to sleep, being wrong is not the end of the world.
>>
>>46227661
What game?
>>
My Orks stomped all over some harlequins today, the contrast of how many models he gets for his points is really striking.
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1496x950) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1496x950
>>46231883
You know which one is worse?
>>
>>46231873
Assuming you get the maximum number of shots off, I think you're looking at ~7-8, wounds, accounting for Feel no pain.
>>
>>46231947
Gork, and ONLY because the Mork has a KFF and a massive base for a big bubble
>>
>>46231807
And when you join any Empire or faction you get their protection. There's more to power than shooting lasers out your hand, political power is useful in itself in most situations. Also hand lasers end up coming at the cost of becoming a toy for Chaos for thousands of years it's hardly worth it compared to joining other groups which might disgust you, and more difficult to join at times. The pay off is more worth it.
>>
>>46231743
>The lord of skulls is going to pummel a warhound very quickly.
nah the warhound should have 2 doublebarreled turbolaser destructors. thats 4 strength D large blasts
>>
I'm totally new to 40k and want to play Imperial Guard or Sisters of Battle. What should I buy as a minimum to get started with either of those armies? I'll most likely be playing casually against a couple other friends, not tournament play or whatever.
>>
>>46231641

Nope, just Astartes, no heretics, however...

The Dark Angels are consorting, obeying and possibly worshipping a lesser daemon of Tzeentch, it's the only explanation for their stupidity
>>
>>46231810

>I want my OP codex to be even more so

Sure, we'll give everything flying and invisible and FNP 2++ :^)
>>
Reading Know No Fear made me stop hating the Smurfs. Damn you, Abnett and your likeable characters.
>>
>>46232006
>lesser daemon
When will this meme die?
>>
>>46231947
>Superheavy

Nice try
>>
>>46231984
Sister models are rarer, older, more expensive, and more poorly sculpted.
Guard will take forever to paint.
>>
>>46231873

I'm getting about 9 wounds on average (round up at all times) which isn't awful and honestly kind of indicative of how dumb Grav is.

The only issue is it then shoots you with the D-blast and that's it.
>>
>>46231971
The joke is, both of them, beause they aren't even superheavies.

>>46232050
That's the joke.
>>
>>46232026
>Tyranids OP
He has worked hard to make Nids suck, and you have the audacity to insult his work?
>>
>>46232046
When he is called a greater demon in the codex.
>>
>>46231984
depends on how many tanks you want to use in your guard army
>>
>>46232086
>A herald is the same as a lesser daemon.
>>
>>46232112
The are greater demons, yet he isn't one, so compared to them he is a....
>>
>>46232112
Isn't a herald technically a lesser daemon with loads of gifts and authority? Doesn't mean that they're necessarily weak.
>>
>>46231873
7.5 wounds.
>>
>>46231947
Mork is worse.

Gork is cheaper.

Has anti-air capabilities.

Has anti-air capabilties.

Has anti-horde melee capabilities.
>>
>>46232199
*Has anti-infantry
>>
File: farsight-01.jpg (20 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
farsight-01.jpg
20 KB, 300x360
>is an unparalleled tactical genius
>humiliated everyone ever put in a position to teach him anything
>has a magical sword
>undefeated in battle
>sucks the soul out of his opponents, making him invisible
>made a functional, truly free and democratic society in the 40k universe
>his tiny breakaway state is keeping up with 40k's most advanced faction in terms of technology
>loved by everyone
>anti-communist
>immune to chaos
>goes his own way
>never gives up

And That, is Why Farsight is A Badass.
>>
>>46232235
>Tau

So close.
>>
>>46232235
>>sucks the soul out of his opponents, making him invisible
It extends his lifespan and if you told him that he'd kill himself.
>>
>>46232260
It's almost tragic really.
>>
>>46232235

Doomed to become an Abomination. It is his fate.
>>
>>46232235
>democratic
wut
>>
>>46232235
>making him invisible
>>
>>46232235
>undefeated in battle
laughing_orks.jpg
>>
>>46232235
>is a fish with a pussy in his forehead
>badass
>>
I'm glad they added something to make him more sad/complex. At least now nobody can say that he is Mary sue.
>>
>>46232154
According to the daemons codex, heralds of khorne are merely the strongest bloodletters. Heralds of Tzeentch are different creatures from pink and blue horrors but are still horrors. Heralds of Nurgle seem to be different from plaguebearers as well though they go through the same conversion process as plaguebearers? And heralds of slaanesh, are explicitly daemonettes that are "more pleasing" to the Dark Prince.

The Changeling however, is none of these. The Changeling is described as literally the embodiment of Tzeentch's need to meddle and deceive.
>>
File: 1445873451851.png (3 MB, 840x1964) Image search: [Google]
1445873451851.png
3 MB, 840x1964
>>46232235

Wants to have babies with Shadowsun.
>>
>>46232235
>No shotgun
>Not Straken
>In a tin can
>Not Straken
>Need demon sword
>Not Straken

Total score: Not Straken/Straken
>>
>>46232340
at least he's not a stumpy mushroom.
>>
Other than The Emperor and Drago/Cypher he is my favourite.
>>
>>46231518
No knees?
>>
File: power.jpg (646 KB, 1000x929) Image search: [Google]
power.jpg
646 KB, 1000x929
>>46231974
>>
>>46232235

Finecast
>>
>>46230841
No joke, KDE is everything the Lord of Skulls wishes it could be.

>>46231072
There are birds with reticulated knees that are some of the best runners on the planet anon
>>
>>46232375
at the mushrooms dont have pussies in their foreheads

all xenos should be killed though
>>
File: GK_KaldorDraigo_I.jpg (111 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
GK_KaldorDraigo_I.jpg
111 KB, 873x627
> single-handedly KEKED the Chaos gods
> /tg/ somehow hates him

You people are hilarious sometimes.
>>
>>46231974
>There's more to power than shooting lasers out your hand
this is 40k
>>
>>46232323

Farsight is Big Boss Outer Heaven in spess
>>
One thing I have learned from Farsight's Codex Supplement, is that the Tau have crazy planetary engineering tools. Farsight's Enclaves are fucking weird.
>>
>>46232235

But if I made a character in 40k with those traits, he'd be a mary sue who doesn't fit the setting.
>>
It's so the Tau Empire (more dictatorship really) doesn't colonize them, is my theory anyway
>>
File: 1374558828083.jpg (1015 KB, 2322x1552) Image search: [Google]
1374558828083.jpg
1015 KB, 2322x1552
>>46232611
>>
>>46232623 #

The difference is that Farsight has actually DONE something to earn that. Or isn't consistenly outsmarting a whole Empire inpressive enough?
>>
>>46232672
>that face on the bottom
>that water planet
That has to be Warp funk to the nearly highest setting.
>>
>>46232542
But I like the chaos gods
>>
File: 207892738952133.jpg (53 KB, 610x441) Image search: [Google]
207892738952133.jpg
53 KB, 610x441
Just got one of pic related at a clearance sale for $15.

I'm going to give it some Imperial bling bits, an underslung magnetizable TL defensive weapon and and magnetizable option for a missile rack on top of its head.

It will serve my Chapter as a Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought. The rules for this thing are free from Forge World, too. I won't be playing in an official GW store so it's not like cheap alternative models will be much of a problem.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Deredeo_Pattern_Dreadnought_V2.pdf

Am I mistaken or is the Deredeo, Space Marines' best anti-cheese unit? It is a Contemptor with only 1 attack but it has BS5 TL S8 tank hunter autocannons with the option to skyfire. Perfect for battering Knights, Flyers, and similar faggotry. And it can take a missile artillery platform and/or ceramite plating.
>>
>>46232542
hes a heretic and probably a xenos aswell
>>
>>46232672

>Instead of skulls, we have robotic faces.
>>
File: chibidorn.jpg (147 KB, 401x560) Image search: [Google]
chibidorn.jpg
147 KB, 401x560
>>46227484
Apparently that is Lady Administrator Itela Justina. She's a 110mm mini sold by Legendarion. They sell some other 40kish stuff, too, including an accurate representation of Imperial Fists.
>>
>>46232542

>mat ward

wew lad
>>
>>46232289
if he kills himself wouldn't that just make his life infinite?
>>
>>46232951
Bow down to your spiritual liege, Anon
>>
>>46232850
Oh wow, their ragnar is awful.
>>
>>46233102
Only if you finish one of his fanfics without skimming.
>>
File: msg3.jpg (59 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
msg3.jpg
59 KB, 604x453
>>46233093

That is probably what will fulfil the prophecy.
>>
>>46231947
Thats heavy support, not superheavy.
40k gen demonstrates yet again that few of you fucktards even play this game.
>>
>>46233093 #

That's what makes it grimdark
>>
>>46232806
>https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Deredeo_Pattern_Dreadnought_V2.pdf
Spiffy.
>>
>>46231928
see
>>46227974
>>
>>46233093
The Tau have their own seppuku so he'd use a proper Tau ritual knife or something of the like.
>>
honestly though, he'll probably end up in a kind of Grand Alliance with IoM when End Time hits 40k.
>>
>>46233197

It's so obvious that he will use the Dawn Blade to do it instead of the proper ritual. Just killing himself is not all that interesting.

>Killing himself with a magic blade that it is part of some prophecy?

Now, that's something!
>>
>>46233222

>Alliance.
>Imperium

Don't think so. He's more likely to travel to another galaxy along with the Silent King, than any kind of alliance with the crumbling Imperium of Man.
>>
Isn't the Dawn Blade fuckoff huge in comparison to him though? Or is he going to seppuku IN the suit?

I kind of want GW to go that route because of how retarded it would be. Not that FSEeaboos would mind.
>>
>>46233259
But why would he though? He has his suspicions that the Blade is keeping him alive and surely he has thought about what would happen if he tried killing himself with it. Then again it doesn't have to be willingly on his part. Accidents happen.
>>
should i buy a monolith, ghost arc or night scythe?
>>
>>46233398
No.
>>
File: 7-samurai.jpg (79 KB, 628x443) Image search: [Google]
7-samurai.jpg
79 KB, 628x443
>>46233351

Tragedy in the family.
>>
>>46233398
ghost arcs are good for slow ground slogs. monoliths can be fun.
>>
>>46233398

Night Scythe or Annihilation Barge.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 600x1078) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 600x1078
>>46227759
Hammers of Dorn, you say?
Tell me more.
>>
>>46232808
>probably a xenos aswell
>Draigo is now a xenos

I love it.
>>
Is that Baneblade variant formation from Mont'ka too cheesy for 1500 point games?
What if I use it on the store's cheesy scumbag?
>>
>>46231807

Space Marines are perfectly capable of joining the Tau. The only problem would be logistics, and many chapters have overcome that through scavenging and organizing into self-sufficient fleets.

The real issue is the mindset of 99.9% of marines. They wouldn't join the Tau. They would literally rather join Chaos, march into the Eye of Terror, or take their own lives than join the Tau.

I imagine a very special case can be made if there was ever a chapter that was like the Relictors, except instead of coveting and using Chaos artifacts, they used xenos tech. They would probably join the Tau as conditional allies.

A fully integrated gue'vesa chapter would NEVER EVER happen, and no amount of "it's a big galaxy" bullshit will change that. Marines and xenos are like oil and water. Even simple battlefield ceasefires or truces like BA vs. Necrons generate tons of shitstorms and disbelief. Space Marines aren't Imperial Guardsmen. Even the toughest and most loyal regiments wouldn't defect to Tau. There's no way literal genetically coded weapons like Space Marines would.

Aiding Tau? Sure. Fighting alongside Tau for a time? Sure. Join the Tau? Never.
>>
>>46227790
Word Bearers tactic is weird: Why do Dark Apostles and Councilors get Fearless from the MoCU? They already have fearless from Zealot.

I'd expand the Dark Councilor's wargear options since Apostles have garbage selection right now. Maybe include something for either daemon summoning, possession/demon saves to units that normally don't have it, or boost possessed/let them be taken as troops?
>>
File: Orkz.jpg (8 KB, 281x180) Image search: [Google]
Orkz.jpg
8 KB, 281x180
>Replace ork armour save with a 6+ racial feel no pain
>Cybork body gives +1 to feel no pain rolls
>Painboyz give +1 to feel no pain rolls
>HQ choices can take a "Sparky Gubbins" that give them a 5++
>Make mob rule hits strength 3 rather than strength 4

Does this fix orks?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Hey /tg/ kind of new player here. I have a dozen or so games over the past 2 years, all with CSM.

Im almost done painting a Nurgle Daemon army, Daemonic Incursion.
Tallyband, Rotswarm, and a GUO for the HQ formation. My question is - what psychic powers do I want for my 2 Heralds and the GUO? I'll be infiltrating 20 Nurgling bases to lock stuff in combat as I footslog 50 Plaguebearers. 12 Plague Drones and 3 Beasts of Nurgle will also be rushing across the table. GUO is deepstriking near 1 of 2 instruments (no scatter).

Do I go biomancy, telepathy, or malefic? Survivability or summoning badically. All 3 HQ's have ML's maxed.
>>
>>46234022
>AP2 Power Axe
Too OP. Needs to be toned down.
>>
>>46234022
>>46234058
>>46234083
>>46234109
What are these?
>>
>>46234168
340 point Chaplain lol. What the hell?
>>
>>46232542
>he really thinks that anything draigo does in the warp effects anything

if it helps you sleep at night loyalist mortal then i suppose it's not so bad of a lie
>>
>>46234109
By far my favourite.
>>
>>46234168

They are my zaibatsu marines...

...and they shall know no Johns!
>>
>>46234140
i'm tempted to say biomancy > telepathy, you can use malefic but you'll need more warp charges since the table has a few lv3 powers. remember to use the expanded list it gives some great buffs
>>
>>46227790
I like this, overall I'd love if GW implemented this. My only issue is

>all BL must take veterans of the long war

LITERALLY. WHY. THIS IS THE EXACT REASON THE OFFICIAL BLACK LEGION SUPPLEMENT SUCKS DICKS, WHY WOULD YOU REPLICATE A DESIGN DECISION THAT IS UNIVERSALLY REVILED AND KNOWN TO BE UTTER GARBAGE
>>
File: 1458111750584.png (41 KB, 221x284) Image search: [Google]
1458111750584.png
41 KB, 221x284
Hey /tg/, it's been a while.
A friend sold me 40-odd battle sisters and an immolator(? The tank with the TL melta/flamer on top?) (albeit some without backpacks, what's green stuff for amirite?) for E50. I'm thinking of eventually grabbing a platoon of Deathkrieg, since I saved the cash on the sisters.

Firstly; how does one strip paint from models? I remember using brake fluid back in the day with mixed results and have heard about washing up liquid. Is there anything better/more cost effective though?

Secondly: Cost of deathkrieg aside, how advisable is it to pair Sisters with Imps? Assuming I'm using the Krieg as cadians because simplicity.
>>
>>46234342
stripping paint from sisters? They're metal models right?

Feel free to use the harshest paint stripper your local hardware store can legally sell since it won't put a dent in metal. If your planning on stripping plastic or resin you'll need to be more careful.
>>
>>46233988
What orks need is better shooting

Cheaper weapons and more ability to take them

Let battlewagons take supa shootas and deffstorm cannons. Make template weapons they have access to better. Let boy squads take 3 special weapons per 10 boyz.

Make waaagh give all (non template) weapons an extra shot
>>
>>46234342
Imps do everything the SoB do better, seeing as though you're going Krieg you're probably just in it for the aesthetics right now.
>>
>>46234140
Telepathy is only an option for Daemon Princes and Slaanesh Daemons.

Biomancy on the GUO for sure. I'd probably do Nurgle on the Heralds.
>>
File: 02.jpg (410 KB, 900x843) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
410 KB, 900x843
>>46234392
Basically. I've wanted a krieg army since I was 17, if I'm getting back into 40k, I may as well build and paint slowly, make my dream army. I can use the sisters to pad out the points/look pretty(as 20 year old models can) until I've a full krieg list. I'm also going to proxy. Any walkers I can with SD gundam kits specifically pic related, but mostly out of mischief knowing it'll bug lore purists and thinking that imp walkers look terrible.
>>
>>46234140
Heralds and GUO can't even take telepath I don't think.

GUO should always roll biomancy.
I would go one herald with the bell artifact and 2/3 times on maleific 0/1 on the new nurgle table as a support and the other one I have no idea, 1/2 on biomancy 1/2 on nurgle?

The new nurgle powers are actually pretty good to be honest.
>>
>>46234140
Biomancy for days on GUO. Iron arm or bust. id slap the 2 greater rewards on him too, all in.

Heralds should probably go nurgle. If you go malefic make sure to summon horrors for more warpcharge dice

Good luck with your list all nurgle in 40k is much worse than in fantasy.
>>
>>46234386
>Let boy squads take 3 special weapons per 10 boyz.
>Make waaagh give all (non template) weapons an extra shot
I like these ideas.
>>
>>46227342
> dat underboob
>>
File: Sweaty Betty Baby.gif (261 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Sweaty Betty Baby.gif
261 KB, 640x360
>>46234714
the best kind of boob
>>
File: farsighthammers.jpg (720 KB, 715x3035) Image search: [Google]
farsighthammers.jpg
720 KB, 715x3035
>>46233802
From the Farsight supplement
>>
>>46227790

Black Legion "Black Crusaders" and "For the Warmaster" seem redundant, aren't those what warlord traits are for? Why not cut those and let your "Black Crusaders" be a warlord trait that you can always swap out your other trait for if you don't like it.

But the Abaddon thing is dumb, he would have Legion Tactics(Black Legion) anyway and he already has a fixed warlord trait with similar(though reduced) effect and the same fluff.

>Models with the Mark of Chaos Undivided may join units with other Marks of Chaos, but do not benefit from any mark-specific Icons or other Mark-related bonuses that the unit has (such as an Icon of Excess)

One model with Zealot gives it to the whole unit, this needs to be rebalanced. It also is redundant with the undivided icon listed in the codex(vengeance). You would want some kind of reason to still take an Icon of Vengeance in an officially undivided unit: a fluffy use for it, for Word Bearers, would be allied Chaos Daemons don't scatter and don't have to test instability when within 6" of a friendly Icon of Vengeance: do that and you'll fix it.

(cont.)
>>
>>46234764
>Tau fags wonder why their faction is so disliked
>>
File: TauMarinelove.png (131 KB, 401x441) Image search: [Google]
TauMarinelove.png
131 KB, 401x441
>>46234986
>>
>>46234986
Why? How is this sillier than the background of any other faction?
>>
>>46234764
I wonder what they talked about.
>>
>>46234764
>nonchalantly murdering a marine who had the jump on him
The fanwank is real.
>>
>>46235037

>Novamarine.
>Falls in love with a Xenos.
>>
>>46235055
>Captain, that robot disintegrating one of our battle brothers gave me a raging hard on, by the will of the emperor it is your duty to offer me 'relief'
>>
>>46235037
One example of honor from the tau in your grasping hands, this kind of honor is just dripping off groups like the Ultramarines.
>>
>>46234986
If anything it makes me like the Tau a bit

They're still disgusting Xenos, but they have honor
>>
>>46235093

Early Warning Overdrive.
>>
>>46234764
>'herro prease, wat u doin?'
>'just fucking kill me you fish faggot'
>>46235037
sound like lyonus needs some summary execution.
>>
>>46235093
>Rank and file marine getting 360 noscoped by a veteran in a battlesuit

Yes, and?
>>
>>46235093
>Tau can't beat Marines even in their own splat books
fuck off Matt
>>
>>46235093
>A tactical marine with a bolter should have killed that giant robot with a plasma rifle

Likewise
>>
>>46232081
Nids arent the worst book ... but they arent the best .. they are like ig or orks in the competitive scene
>>
>>46235154
>360 noscoped
>'veteran'
>bs 3
fanwank so hard
>>
>>46234386
I love it when an Ork player addresses actual problems with suitable fixes. Makes me moist like an oil squig.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.