[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horus Heresy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: HH Updated 6.jpg (227 KB, 816x545) Image search: [Google]
HH Updated 6.jpg
227 KB, 816x545
Tasteful Nudes of the God Emperor and the Primarchs Edition
Previously on the Horus Heresy General >>46169438
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf
or
https://kat.cr/the-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html

HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Isstvan Campaign Legions: http://www.mediafire.com/download/deadtdf0y47k59k/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
>>
Are Dark Angel Hosts pretty much their companies?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>46187998
Hey guys, I bought a bunch of GW marines to try out paint schemes on and I have a few botched ones.

I feel I would be better off stripping them rather than buying new dudes, so what is the best stuff for stripping models?
>>
>>46188131
IIRC, Retribution called Pelagor Marner a member of the 13th Chapter of the Third Host, which made it sound like Chapters were the constituent of Hosts rather than vice versa. Anyone with the book handy is free to contradict me, though.
>>
>>46188159
Maybe I missed it, but where does it say that? I thought they conferred the rules?
>>
>>46188419
Its in the last FAQ, characters with Infiltrate can only join units that have infiltrate. Use the vigilators to outflank or scout unless that gets changed in the upcoming FAQ that theyre working on.
>>
File: 1458302093578.jpg (65 KB, 843x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458302093578.jpg
65 KB, 843x1200
Reposting for new thread
Imperial Fist Siege Company, 2000 Points

Centurion [Vigilator, Scout Armor] 85 Points

Centurion [Vigilator, Scout Armor] 85 Points

Centurion [Master of Signals, Refractor] 105 Points

Apothecarion Detachment [2 Apothcaries] 90 Points

Legion Mortis Dreadnaught [2 Twin-Linked Autocannons, 2 Hunter Killer Missiles, Havoc Launcher] 160 Points

Tactical Squad [20 Marines, Legion Vexilla] 260 Points

Tactical Squad [20 Marines, Legion Vexilla] 260 Points

Legion Heavy Support Squad [10 Marines, Augury Array] 240 Points

Legion Heavy Support Squad [10 Marines, Missile Launchers, Augury Scanner] 290 Points

Legion Heavy Support Squad [10 Lascannons, Augury Scanner] 440 Points.

Vigilators with the marine squads to get them in first turn WotL range. Not sure how fluffy it isn but it gets me a mandatory hq choice. Worried about Spartan spam even with my bs5 lascannons and tank hunters, stuff getting up too close for me to take advantage of my range like WE/Spartan Spam and Typhons scare me. Solutions?
>>
>>46188493
Shit, that hurts. Still, a scouting mandatory hq for each squad helps better than having their merry asses foot slog even with apothecaries.
>>
I'm trying to buy some new HH stuff from miranda irene's site and it uses western union (I know it's kind of shitty but whatever). When making payment it asks for a money transfer control number (MTCN). Where do I get this number? Can I just make one up and put it there?
>>
>>46188646
>Can I just make one up and put it there?

I don't know why I still bother to ask myself "are these people really this stupid" whenever I see someone begging for chinaman assistance.
>>
>>46188131

Dark Angels have a ridiculously complex organisation and layers of rank. The whole secrecy and inner circles thing means that every warrior will be inducted to many different groups, cells and units at various levels and their exact unit designation is a mystery, even to themselves in some cases.
Its an inside joke about them having so many themes and contradictory elements in 40k.

> Call them Hosts if you like, you're not specifically wrong
>>
>>46188844
Thats modern 40k? They dont have nearly as many reasons, if any for secrecy.
>>
>>46188823
Hey, I've never used WU before, I just want to be absolutely sure I do everything correctly. I admit, it's a flaw of mine but I get very anxious if I don't know exactly what I need to do.
>>
>>46188929
Yeah, the Caliban snafu doesn't happen until after the Horus Heresy.
>>
>>46188844
>Inner circles
Isn't that their modern version?
>>
File: KEK.jpg (214 KB, 764x665) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
214 KB, 764x665
Daily Reminder That Pert is an Autismo Maximus
>>
>>46188929
Not according to Unremembered Empire. But fuck BL.
>>
>>46189098

Most of the Primarchs were not 100% in the head.
>>
>>46189026
I can't tell if you are a troll or not. Well done.
>>
File: image.png (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
13 KB, 200x200
>>46187998
Is it just a thing for Ultramarines to have straight up better versions of what everyone else has?

I'm reading through the new legion book, and I am getting bugged a bit over their legion section. Especially since they just have better Tyrant siege termies.
>>
>>46189205
>Especially since they just have better Tyrant siege termies.

Theyre more expensive and require you to go big or go home when it comes to the squad size.

Is it an Iron Warrior thing to look at everything else as if it was better than what you have? Are all you Iron Cunts like this?
>>
>>46189205

Yeah it's just power creep. Book 2 legions like NL were better than the original legions like WE when they came out too.

Future books and FAQs will buff shittier legions and tone down OP stuff, usually through new rules and rites.
>>
>>46189246
IWs have a paranoia issue in their geneseed. Add two and two together.
>>
>>46189205

IW were better versions of older legions too. Tyrant Siege Terminators are just better versions of everyone else's terminators. I don't see the problem.
>>
>>46189246
I'm not an Iron warrior. I still haven't decided who I am playing. I just noticed.

>>46189257
This is the new book though.
>>
>>46189293
>This is the new book though.

Are you talking about the new red books? I thought they were just an update so maybe they didn't do enough balance changes in it.
>>
>>46189425
Yeah the one that came out this month.

Flicking through it trying to pick a legion and that popped out at me.

Incidentally, tell me which legion I should be. I don't care why.
>>
>>46189098
>>>/tv/
>>
>>46189457
You will be a White Scar because I resisted the temptation to say Blood Angel.
>>
>>46189457
Dark Angels.

Because you have to buy another book.
>>
>>46189488
Weird. I tried their paint scheme out today.

>>46189491
Jokes on you I already have it.
>>
>>46189502
The Emperor works in mysterious ways, Anon. He deems you worthy of being a Space Mongolian so go forth and go fast, and destroy all walls Iron Warriors build.
>>
>>46189457

Color scheme is like 50% of picking a legion. Who looks the best to you?
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 470x602) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 470x602
>>46189581
>>46189582
I tried out white, and while I like the colour, it's fucking HARD to do. It's my first experience with the colour (I'm a daemon player in 40k).

I like their look a lot. Apart from that... I like Iron Warriors, and their tyrant siege termies are SO COOL.

They definitely seem to get fuck all in the way of legion rules though. That's my only gripe with them.

After that I like them all equally.

I'm rather indecisive.
>>
>>46189691

IW are fine rules wise. Peterabo is good and their legion astartes rule is solid
>>
How does SoH's Reaver squad fare? They certainly look good (at least to me), but being a noob I'm not sure how do they fare in actual game.

Also, fluffwise, can they be fielded in loyalist LW/SoH army? Especially in mass?
>>
for IF, which is better a 20 man bolter blob (with CCWs) or 10 man sniper vets?
>>
How good is Dorn with the buff? I imagine losing unwieldy bumps him up a bit.
>>
>>46190055
He is better but is still meh, the bonuses are all kind of crap and with no real focus. At least he isnt striking last.
>>
>>46190039

If your army has enough units in it already, 10 snipers probably does more damage and can hit targets bolters can't.

But if your army is small and you need to grow in size or are swapping out expensive elites for more models, the 20 bolter marines will be more useful.
>>
>>46189691
It's not so bad if you think of it as very light gray rather than white.
>>
First IW list, criticism is appriciated

Iron Warriors, 2000pts,

RITE OF WAR
Hammer of Olympia

HQ
Legion Preator
Paragon blade
Iron Halo
Melta Bombs
TOTAL 155

TROOPS
Legion Tactical squad 15x
Sergeant has Meltabombs
CCW
TOTAL 235

Legion Tactical squad 15X
Sergeant has Meltabombs
CCW
TOTAL 235

Legion Tactical squad 15x
Sergeant has Meltabombs
CCW
TOTAL 235

ELITE
5 Legion Terminators
Chainfists
TOTAL 225

HEAVY SUPPORT

Tyrant Siege Terminators x7 395

8 Havocs
Missile Launchers
Augery scanner
TOTAL 305

Sicaran Battle Tank
Lascannons
TOTAL 175
>>
>>46189691
Prime corax white, go over it with ulthuan grey, nuln oil in your recesses, touch up with ulthuan again, drybrush white, then go light to dark on your other colours. Don't forget to thin your paints
>>
>>46189098
>this fucking meme again
LET. IT. DIE. ALREADY.

>>46189116
Yeah, but I wouldn't say any were autists.
>>
>>46190346

It can't really die when all the evidence is there. What other Primarch would destroy a tenth of his Legion before even fighting a single battle alongside them?
>>
>>46190346
pert and dorn were 2bh
>>
>>46190332
Thank you, based Duncan.

That is the first one I ever tried and I fucked up doing the recesses. That part was incredibly hard, but he makes it look so easy :(
>>
>>46190374
Pert was a heartless(79% actually), paranoid man. Would that do for you besides going with this site's definition of anything odd?
>>46190388
Dorn wasn't. Dorn was forcing himself to be stoic as humanly possible because he had poor emotional control.
>>
>>46190346
>>46190374
I would argue Perturabo was a psychopath, not autistic.

I think that suits his actions more.
>>
>>46190374
How's that autistic? Seems more like anger issues
>>
>>46190456
>>46190493
>>46190495
'Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by impaired social interaction, verbal and non-verbal communication, and restricted and repetitive behavior. Parents usually notice signs in the first two years of their child's life. These signs often develop gradually, though some children with autism reach their developmental milestones at a normal pace and then regress. The diagnostic criteria require that symptoms become apparent in early childhood, typically before age three. While autism is highly heritable, researchers suspect both environmental and genetic factors as causes.'

sums up dorn and pert really well, also the emperor was autistic. mental 'illnesses' are just a meme anyway.
>>
>>46190495

He didn't do it in a fit of passion. It was a calculated move.

Perturabo really is autistic, and not the buzzword version. The "he thinks of the universe purely in equations and only cares about solving mathematical problems" version.
>>
>>46190565
What you said just made me indescribably angry so I'm just going to stop posting for a while.
>>
>>46190565
But that definition is so vague you can apply it to just about anyone. Especially any of the primarchs, with their delicious cocktail of emotional problems.

>mental 'illnesses' are just a meme
Science disagrees :^)

>>46190572
So he's a sociopath?
>>
>>46190656
>But that definition is so vague you can apply it to just about anyone. Especially any of the primarchs, with their delicious cocktail of emotional problems.
thats the joke, most primarchs are on the autistic spectrum.

its just that dorn and pert are deeper in than the rest.
>>
>>46190700
>thats the joke

Its a shit "joke" and you should feel bad for posting it.
>>
>>46188392
Simple Green or Dettol.
>>
>>46190734
Thanks!
>>
>>46190720
its not really a joke in the case of dorn and pert. they clearly displayed the symptoms of being severely autistic.

i dont know why this bothers you :^)
>>
>>46190572
>Perturabo really is autistic, and not the buzzword version. The "he thinks of the universe purely in equations and only cares about solving mathematical problems" version.
That's a type of autism?
>>46190565
You're not making any worthwhile discussion or helping your point.
>>46190700
Your joke has made the chicken dinner in my stomach upset my stomach.
>>
>>46190700
Oh wow, congratulations, you have autism according to a definition that fits pretty much everyone, you're so fucking special.
>>
>>46190700
Not really no.
Pert lacks empathy and Dorn plays a forced demeanor to match his roll.
>lel it's a spectrum and everyone is on it.
K.
>>
>>46190775
>That's a type of autism?

What kind of pleb doesn't know about the movie Rain Man?
>>
>>46189957
With the addition of death dealers they've gotten better.
Compared to bog standard veterans they're worse in most ways.
It's when you deviate from a veteran formula they come into their own.
15 man jet pack squads are nice and can outflank.
10 reavers with plasma combis can wipe squads and use precision shots to snipe characters.
They also have access to a dedicated dreadclaw drop pod transport.
For close combat any squad under ten men will almost always be outperformed by veterans. Especailly if the vets take furious charge.
Though Reavers can also snipe medics in close combat something veterans can't deal with in large blobs.

Fluffwise yes reavers could work in a loyalist army.
I think using over 30 reavers though is asking for trouble
>>
>>46190744
Honestly none of the Primarchs get enough characterization in 'commonplace' circumstances to be evaluated for any diagnosis.
>>
>>46190830
Fun fact of the day: Kim Peek, the real-life inspiration for Rain Man, is actually not autistic. His diagnosis was changed later in his life.
>>
>>46190830
>Not meme version.
>Simplified a movie's depiction then applied it.
>>
>>46190830
The kind that doubts thinking that the universe is purely equations and only cares about solving problems is a type of autism.
>>
>>46190298
What's the plan here, foot slog? Your sicarian is going to get focused by any anti tank hard, and you have no real redundancy there to protect it. Your terminaotra will draw fire after that if not at the same time. A pain because they're expensive, but theyll draw fire off of your tac squads which really need apothecaries if they're footslogging. Where's the praetor going?
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 1280x960
>>46187998
How do Iron Hands play in 30k?

If there are any IH players here I would appreciate some info.
>>
>>46190781
nah im a narcissist, about the furthest from the autistic spectrum.
>>46190775
>You're not making any worthwhile discussion or helping your point.
i proved my point.

dorn and pert were both social retards with shitty social skills who has extremely restricted and repetitive behavior.

its not like i care, i play IF anyway kek. but thats reality.
>>
>>46191070
Dorn was being stoic. How is being stoic autistic?
>>
>>46190876
This desu senpai. Come to think of it, given the primarchs' super-superhuman status, human diagnosis might not even apply to them.

>>46191070
>nah im a narcissist, about the furthest from the autistic spectrum.
Hi Fulgrim :^)
>>
>>46191107
nah, dorn wasnt being stoic when he was being an asshole to pert, being an asshole to girlyman, being an asshole to pretty much everybody. dorn sucked balls at social interaction. he also wasnt being stoic when he repetitively threw away men in the iron cage. :^)
>>
>>46189246

Yes. Most of us are kind of bitter about our shit.

Especially when fucks screw us over and make our Tyrants into a heavy slot instead of leaving them in elites where they belong.

Now it's impossible for me to build a four sicaran and ten tyrant list at 2k.
>>
>>46191070
>extremely restricted and repetitive behavior.
I don't have the chicken on my phone, so just imagine I put a proofs meme jpg here.
>shitty social skills.
Dorn at least still picks up on social ques and whatnot, there is a difference between not being sociable and having a social disorder.
>>
>>46191039
They play the shooty game and run tanks. Their whole army plays well on the recieving side of shooting, being bke to reduce incoming danage and repair hull on their vehicles extremely well. Ideally they want to avoid melee but stay in knife fight range where superior armor will win fire fights for them. Their vehicles get extra armor for free with their rite, and its incredibly easy for all their vehicles to get IWND. Resilient and straight forward, they're considered a higher tier army.
>>
Are destroyer squads usable or will I have to wait for a Destroyer ROW?

Also what is the most effective way to run them. Fists give them BS5 shits, AL + a Moritat for scout and infiltrate. Also WE w/ crimson path and Primus for 4+ FNP in deployment zones.

The problem is I want to do them all, but I can't which makes me sad.
>>
>>46191224
>Not compromising on ideals/ admitting fault and generally being a bit of a dick = autism.
>>
>>46191154
>Fulgrim
Would never care so much about trying to 'prove' a meme diagnosis about fictional characters.
He was way to busy being perfect.
>>
>>46190298

Just an observation, but the Praetor is kind of meh. If you want a multipurpose Praetor, take Kyr Vhalen. You get the same bonuses as the guy you built(except the meltabombs), but you also get Warsmith and the servo arm for free, and you get an extra wound.

Other than that, if you are foot slogging, you really want to drop the extra unit of terminators, they aren't going to do squat, and by doing so you can save points and bump the tyrants up to ten, which will help in their firepower and survivability. The other 100ish points could go into giving your tac sergeants artificer armor and CCW's to the blob squads, which, if you are running up field will help. I also reccomend a Vexilla for them for when you get jumped on by assholes.

All of that said, you are running three squads of troops, so I am assuming you are running the Hammer of Olympia rite, and since you aren't using a fourth slot, you are wasting your time with the rite.
>>
Did AL get any point changes in the new red book? Are headhunters good yet?
>>
>>46191316
Was definitely a narcissist though.
>>
>>46191280
Rven Guard are good, gicing you infiltrate and THE mortitat character. It depends on how you want them kitted out, but I find one squad is an effective choice if you have the legion to get them in early. Jump Packs are expensive but useful when combined with a moritats scout move, so tke advantage of that if you cant get them a good transport or indiltrate like they need. Your small threat range is a huge issue, so you need to close the gap by turn 2 and begin shooting to get your points back.
>>
If I had an option to press a button that would fix GW or press one on other side of it that would make it where autism never existed meaning a lot of these posts wouldn't exist take a wild guess which one I'd press. Also it's a full moon over here in Freedom Land, post Luna Wolves.
>>
>>46191227
>Now it's impossible for me to build a four sicaran and ten tyrant list at 2k.

You can still do that with the Tanks-for-Troops RoW, 4 Sicarans in the elites then two Predator squads for troops and the ten tyrants in heavy support.
>>
>>46191460

Mother of god.

I love you Anon.

My wallet will hate you, but I think you're awesome.
>>
>>46191428
It's a full moon everywhere, you fuck. That's not how the lunar cycle works. Thanks for reminding the world about how our country doesn't learn basic science.
>>
>>46191784
>full moon everywhere
It's not night everywhere, so a full moon would not be visible everywhere.
>le I will take any excuse to bash 'Merica b/c reasons.
>>
File: pop quiz time.jpg (191 KB, 1000x908) Image search: [Google]
pop quiz time.jpg
191 KB, 1000x908
Obligatory
>>
>>46191988
Please don't spam this too much.
>>
>>46191784
>t. ahmed the astrologist
>>
Post Luna Wolves.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 517x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 517x720
>>46192242
Forgot my picture.
>>
>>46191039
>>46191261
Free Blessed Autosimulica, not extra armor actually. So with the RoW and Ferrus, anything with one av13 facing gets 2 rolls for HP back. Also outflank any tanks in reserve and stubborn in your deployment. Going for a fluffy "hammer and storm" tactic that they use is fairly viable considering their resilience and rules.
>>
>>46192310
They need to make some damn transfers for them.
>>
>>46192242
>>
>>46191930
Dude it doesn't even have to be night to see the moon. It just has to not be blocked by the earth. Have you ever even been outside?
>>
>>46191930
Go away from the city, look up the sky and you'll clearly see the moon.
>>
>>46191365
Headhunters are eternally okay. Now they get combi-bolters standard and can upgrade to combi-weapons. Still only one heavy bolter I think.
>>
>>46192471
I love that power fist and that bolter style is growing on me.
>>
>>46189581
It's IF that make walls, and IW that brings them down.
>>
>>46192846
Iron Warriors also build walls. We just see them destroy them more than they build them.
>>
What's a good model to use as Dorn? Are Primarchs normally bigger than Marines model wise?
>>
>>46192846
>>46193065
Pert wanted to build walls but daddy wouldn't let him.
>>
>>46193250
It's not that. Pert thought daddy wouldn't let him. He could have asked.
>>
>>46192555
Same costs though? Are combi weapons 7pts like all others or 5pts like their bolters used to be?
>>
>>46192430
Like this?
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Luna-Wolves-Transfer-Sheet

never hurts to check mate
>>
>>46188131
Hosts are made up of 10,000 marines IIRC
>>
>>46193279
Yep, 7 points.
>>
>>46193701
That's all I needed to know. Now I can worry less on making sure the fluff for my dudes is fluffy.
>>
File: 1458506889913.png (163 KB, 2457x3441) Image search: [Google]
1458506889913.png
163 KB, 2457x3441
How did Horus feel about Terrans in his legion? Could one find loyalist Justaeriimns/reavers? Would any of them been terrans or was that a Cthonia only thing?
>>
>>46192846
Actually both did the same duties, sieging, trench duty, fortress building, garrisoning planets. The difference is one was the Emperor's right hand man and didnt treat his men like ammo while the other was just on the frontline and threw marines into the breach as if they were guardsmen.
>>
>>46193947
fluffwise loyalist justaerin wouldnt be a thing.
>>
>>46193947
>Loyalist justaerin

Impossible really.
>>
>>46193947
He didn't discriminate like the other primarchs I think
>>
>>46193947
I don't think there were ever many. The Crusade hit Cthonia very early on, possibly before some legions even existed.

>>46193735
Honestly I'm not sure why you'd even take combi-weapons on Headhunters.
>>
Can someone post a good Word Bearer list?
Seeking to use my Tzeentch focused deamons in the army too. Want to run 10 Gal Vorbak in a spartan if possible.
Thanks.
>>
>>46193947
I don't think he had many left at all.
>Loyalist Justaerian/Reaver
Two of my dudes are sort of like that.
>reaction to the Istvaan Atrocity
>Is this just a bad dream? No, this is actually happening.
>Horus can't be wrong right?
>Is it us or are the other traitor legions getting worse?
>This isn't getting better.
>Bro, is this even our legion anymore?
>>
>>46194072
>>46194118
I have a feeling why but is there a reason for that?
>>
>>46194206
That's kinda like what I have for my EC
>Champion of the Palatine Blades
>Follows his legion into damnation, slaughtering loyalists on Isstvan III and V
>Fabius Bile begins to experiment on him and his subordinates, several close friends of his die as a result of Bile's manipulations
>Becomes disillusioned with Horus, Fulgrim, and the whole heresy
>Leads the Emperor's Children around him in rebellion against the senior officers leading the operation, routs them, Fabius Bile barely escapes the planet alive
>Remnants of the now loyalist Emperor's Children avoid both sides, spending the rest of the Heresy harrying traitor forces, particularly Emperor's Children
>Disappear from records following the Horus Heresy
>>
>>46194140
Honestly if I wanted an actual good assassination unit I would steal Mor Deythan and leave headhunters at home.
>>
>>46194267
the justaerin were only in the 1st company, directly underneath horus and led by abaddon personally. they followed them everywhere. it would be like a loyalist deathshroud.
>>
>>46194482
Or a loyalist Mournival?

Or a traitorous First Captain of a loyalist primarch who considered said captain his most trusted friend?
>>
>>46194482
Eh, I could see a certain someone getting uppity and fucking off with his small cadre of bastards and fighting agaisnt his brothers. Gone rogue more than loyalist but then you could just add a Knight Errant and fluff it that this particular force has been "hired" by the Sigilite.
>>
>>46194546
>Lion El'Memeson
>loyalist
Maximum kek.
>>
>>46194546
>lion
>loyalist
kek

mournival are different since they commanded their own individual companies. abby isnt known for tolerating insurrection in his ranks :^)
>>
>>46187998
Are Gorgon termies any good?

They don't seem it. But I know there is something I'm missing.
>>
>>46194384
The thing is that the Reaver Chieftan gave up on Horus while the Justaerian still had hope that maybe Horus would snap out of the funk the Chaos Gods played for him. Both had reactions similar to /tg/ anytime GW does something that causes skub or when Fatal was first discovered to how their legion was fracturing due to Chaos. The Justaerian decided to do something if Horus and Abby weren't going to do something about it. Acting like Asomdai failed to see results and that lead to him plotting with the Reaver who was a long time friend of his.
Their end game was to become Blackshields or find some place to hide away during the Siege of Terra and wait for the loyalists to win and say "yeah, we were total loyalists. Go team Man Emperor".
>>
>>46194575
>>46194615
How is the Lion a traitor when he denied the Chaos Gods while Luther had a daemon sword? Think before you meme post.
>>
>>46194575
For someone who goes into turbo fuckwit mode whenever anybody mentions the "Primarchs were autistic" meme you sure do shitpost a lot yourself.
>>
>>46194712
I think she has a limit or has short term memory lost.
>>
>>46194698
Something something, Astelan is a reliable source, something something, never read The Black Pearl, muh strategic genius should have been able to solo the traitor legions, gay joke.
>>
>>46194712
As do you :^)
>>
File: image.png (134 KB, 372x334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
134 KB, 372x334
>>46194825
>Astelan is a reliable source,
>>
are the new fw underslung heavy weapon kits going to be 5x the same weapon or are they going to be fucktards and give us a mix of shit nobody wants?
>>
>>46194926

Probably 5 packs cause they're supposed to be legion heavy support packs. They also use different backpacks per weapon on some of them so all the more reason.

Also the original versions are in legion 5 packs. Only the 40k versions with different backpacks are mixed.
>>
>>46194946
good. i know one of FWs oldest kits is a mix and that shit would piss me off.

i want 10x lascannons for my IF, tank huntin.
>>
>>46194626
For their price over legion termies, the fnp, blind power, and free hammer isn't terrible. Also option for graviton gun is nifty on termies. I'd use them in place of regular termies enough
>>
>>46190880
>is
He's dead Jim
>>
>>46193947
Some terminators who served with loken at the whisperheads maybe
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 758x487) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 758x487
Polux the man who Cucked Pert at Phall
>>
>>46194267
You have to be failabaddons mate to get in and that would have meant the lodge
Course Tarik was in the lodge then abandoned it
Btw was there more than one lodge in the Luna wolves - only seems to be one meeting group yet they talk about lodges plural
>>
>>46195787
gee polux, how come ur mom lets you have an iron halo AND a storm shield?
>>
>>46194384
Sort of like the word bearer Narek?
>>
So, who exactly can take normal Drop Pod as DT? I see many can take Rhino, and some can take Dreadclaw Drop Pod, but I somehow can't find who the hell can take Drop Pod as DT.
>>
>>46195803
Because Dorn likes to waste points on useless bling.
>>
>>46195991
gotta use orbital assault
>>
>>46196028
STHEEL RHAIN
>>
Any update/errata on the list of squads that apothecary can be attached?
>>
Who is better at close combat, Night Lords or Emperor's Children?
>>
If you have to pick one (well I have to because wallet), would you use Deredeo or Leviathan?
>>
>>46196292
on its own, the dorito
with a pod, leviathan
>>
>>46196292
Neither, I hate the models for both. Get a talon of Contemptors or Castraferrum 'naughts, better models and priced better as well.
>>
>>46196292

Depends on whether you need an Assault Dread or a Fire Support Dread.
>>
>>46196292
typhon
>>
>>46196311
Well, I think my list needs area-of-effect blast and anti-armour damage dealer.
>>
>>46196402

The Deredeo's Anvillus Autocannons are good anti-armour weapons, while the Plasma Cannonade have an area-of-effect blast.
>>
New red book scans anyone?
>>
>>46196271
Depends on many things.
>>
>>46196292

Always the Leviathan. Looks amazing.
>>
>>46196292
Contemptor Cortus.
>>
>>46196292
The Leviathan Dreadnought. It fixes the boxnaught design.
>>
Out of curiousity, Are either Deredeo or Leviathan usable in single model? Or they need to be used in duo or trio?
>>
>>46196985
You can take singles. The talon is so you can take 3 without taking up 3 slots.
>>
>>46196985
a single deredeo is pretty much the best AA piece a legion army can put down, and leviathans are too expensive to take multiples of, unless you really have a plan with them
>>
>>46197018
Sorry. I should've wrote 'can it be effective in~.' But thanks for your input.
>>
I just ended up getting two boxes of B@C pretty cheaply. I'm planning to play TS when the rules come out, but I do have some issues determining what I should get next.

Can you guys list your 3 favorite
troop transport options/vehicles in general?

There are couple of things I like and don't like but I would want to hear some opinions that aren't clouded by my preferences.
>>
>>46197205
Get a third Contemptor Dreadnought so you have enough to fill out a Talon just because more Dreadnoughts in all forms are cool.
>>
>>46197205
Rhino : cheap, mobile LoS blocker
Sicaran : multi purpose, fast and great looking
Stormeagle : tough (for a flyer), assault vehicle.
>>
>>46197205
Predator : S Q U A D R O N S
Spartan : Transport literally anything
Caestus : No idea if they're good but they're fucking cool.
>>
>>46197205
>Can you guys list your 3 favorite troop transport options/vehicles in general?

On foot like a fucking man.
>>
>>46197205
double typhon double spartan

do it
>>
>>46197205
Drop pods for shooty units, dreadclaw for assault units
>>
>>46188392
ultrasonic cleaner
>>
>>46189491
sure, for two pages containing Dark Angel rules and two pages with Dark Angel artwork. Totally worth it.
>>
>>46197427
Meanwhile Inferno will be a book centering around Space Wolves and Thousand Sons that will apparently get several pages of rules. Space Wolves will get their own unit organisation and Thousand Sons will get their own psychic powers.
>>
>>46191988
> How do you feel about black
> Not for me, thanks
Dark Angels
>>
>>46193240
yes, they are huge in comparison. And they all have a fucking huge base with rocks/walls/stairs and shit. A snipers dream.
>>
>>46194166
Centurion - 50pts
Tactical Squad - 150 pts
Tactical Squad - 150 pts
solid list for 350 pts, have fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 174x210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 174x210
>>46191988
>Space Wolves is the antisocial legion

I guess.
>>
>>46194698
he waited to find out which side was going to win before he took action. He distrusted and banned those loyal to the legion and Emperor to Caliban and gathered those loyal to himself.
He gave siege weapons to the traitors.
>>
>>46197563
>Lion'el "Loyalty is it's Own Reward" Johnson
>not doing everything he could to support the Imperium
top kek m80
>>
>>46197620
and exactly this is why he must be loyal to the warmaster.
>>
>>46188414
I do not feel safe painting DAngels yet. So many symbols and patterns and there is next to no explanation for any of them.
>>
>>46197663
Indisputable logic. This case is closed.
>>
>>46197680
I have the same problem with Space Wolves.
>>
>>46197680
>>46197690
you can always just go back and add that shit in later
>>
File: Dark-Angels-WIP-08.jpg (229 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Angels-WIP-08.jpg
229 KB, 720x540
>>46197680
Just do some overall theme and leave the details until the book drops in a year or so. I went with Caliban recruits and will do the details and symbols when they finally give us the details. At least this way I get to play with them and get my hobby on.
>>
File: mein-neger-meme-932x1004.png (636 KB, 932x1004) Image search: [Google]
mein-neger-meme-932x1004.png
636 KB, 932x1004
>>46197279
>>
>>46197680
what is the worst thing that could happen?
>>
>>46197480
All the mentions of the primarchs being retards. The true retard was Forgeworld all along
>>
File: Lion_kretschmann_by_slaine69.jpg (239 KB, 827x1104) Image search: [Google]
Lion_kretschmann_by_slaine69.jpg
239 KB, 827x1104
>>46197745
I might do this. I'm going with a majority Terran legion led by the Lion himself (his intense mistrust of them making him control their every move) so I suppose that it wouldn't be far too different from the standard legion markings, just Calibanised. I can just add Calibanite Deathwing/Veterans as they are released.

>>46197770
Accidentally painting all of them into Fallen. Jokes aside, not much really, I'd just rather have absolute control over what my dudes -are-
>>
File: image.jpg (273 KB, 962x1533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273 KB, 962x1533
>>46197745
That's what I'm doing with my Space Pupp's.
>>
>>46197772
The image is from Forgeworld's Facebook page and the people working on that doesn't actually work in the Forgeworld studio.
>>
>>46189691

this might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it6sAE-YBDc
>>
>>46197887
This matter has now been resolved, for the retard was I
>>
>>46197945
The fault is really on GW's and FW's end for not hiring qualified people to do their PR. However, it's nice that they at least have started opening up to the community again.
>>
Anyone mind telling me the chronological order in which all the books were released from the first to last, I'm new to everything Warhammer and would like to read them.
>>
File: Dark Angels WIP 10.jpg (146 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Dark Angels WIP 10.jpg
146 KB, 720x540
>>46197877
yeah nice dude!, a simple but nicely rounded out scheme is very easy to add the legion flavor too when FW finally decides to drop the goods. It means you can get your gaming on and still have a table worthy army while waiting to apply the bling.
>>
>>46197991

Damn, I was trying to pick between raven guard and dark angels, but seeing your tasty minis has definitely swung me onto the dark angels side. Guess I'll have a use for those dark vengeance bikers finally
>>
>>46197205
>Caestus
>Kharybdis
>Triaros [non-sm]

Caetsus completely mitigates the problems with the melta-cannon by being a flyer. They can carry 10 termies and they're hard as fuck to take down.

Kharybdis also carries 10/20 of nearly anything. Pretty decent AA/shot spammer afterwards.

I'd love to say "on foot like a man" but them Quad-mortars aint no joke.
>>
File: image.jpg (910 KB, 3420x1353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
910 KB, 3420x1353
>>46197991
Yeah, I figure I will just have to do pack markings and nothing else significant when the book is released.
>>
>>46198050
Wow. You made me like Space Wolves aesthetic.

Fair fucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 1023x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 1023x1200
>>46198060
Yeah, I decided that less was more for Space Wolves and it has worked out well.
>>
>>46198050

Hey, there's half-Afro Wolf.
>>
File: FN 30k (2).jpg (276 KB, 720x959) Image search: [Google]
FN 30k (2).jpg
276 KB, 720x959
>>46198045
My Caestus wrecked face last week in a game, dropped the termies off safe and sound and then went around dropping melta pie plates and ramming sissy tanks like a boss. Loved it.
>>
>>46188823
This isn't r/yoyhammer u fuckwit
>>
>>46198050
Wish more dudes would post up there good 30k stuff in these threads instead of waifus and autisms. I'm torn at the moment as to try and go full Iron wing with my DAs or just be generic.
>>
File: image.jpg (275 KB, 1539x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275 KB, 1539x1200
>>46198088
The head was too funny to not use.
>>
File: image.jpg (691 KB, 1854x2160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
691 KB, 1854x2160
>>46198126
I haven't had time to paint anything new in the last couple of weeks and I figured enough people had already seen my Space Wolves.
>>
>>46197970
Horus Heresy Book 1
Horus Heresy Book 2
Horus Heresy Book 3
Horus Heresy Book 4
Horus Heresy Book 5
Horus Heresy Book 6
>>
>>46198129

I know, he's been posted often enough in these threads that I see him as the mascot of the 30k Space Wolves legion.
>>
>>46198126
Just go full Ironwing, more easily adapted to whatever comes after than Ravenwing is. Also extra rhinos and tanks never hurts.
>>
>>46198209
I'm honored and possibly thrilled.
>>
>>46197680
On this note, anyone got some advice for painting the checkers pattern? I've given it a try myself but I lose my patience and end up just rushing it. Pic related.
>>
>>46198364
Another angle.
>>
>>46198076
Wolves with Roman skirt dangles doesn't seem right
>>
>>46197563
>he waited to find out which side was going to win before he took action
Proof? As for the Siege weapons how was he going to know that Pert was going to go off the deep end?
>>
>>46198405
Jesus man they are playing you like a fiddle.

Stop taking the bait.
>>
>>46198405
Loyalty is its own reward, disregard the bait.
>>
>>46198410
>>46198431
Now I feel like an idiot. I shouldn't be on this site unless I had a cup of coffee first in the morning.
>>
>>46198379
The way I thought about it was that Rome was allegedly founded by Romulus and Remus who in the myth was raised by wolves. So Rome always had a connection to wolves.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romulus_and_Remus

Space Wolves was also closer to the Imperium in 30k and even had Terran Space Marines in their ranks.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 400x558) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 400x558
What do you want from Book 6? I want FW Art of Ahzek.
>>
>>46198510
Hopefully rules that doesn't keep Space Wolves from taking certain wargear and units. I would be pretty salty if I wasn't allowed to take the Master of the Signal or if Contemptor Dreadnoughts had some kind of limitations.
>>
>>46197877
How did you get that bronze, my man? I wanted to get that tone for my Salamanders but kinda blew it and made it too gold.
>>
>>46198566
I don't see why they wouldn't have a Master of the Siginal. Contemptors are a yes but for some reason the Wolves hate them. Leman probably saw one and was reminded of some villain in Fernsian culture or something.
>>
>>46198364
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvOdUg8PJZ0
>>
>>46198620
>Contemptors are a yes but for some reason the Wolves hate them.
it just happened to be that a bunch of the early Wolf contemptors were given to guys that, while they were excellent warriors (hence being put into a dreadnought) also happened to be bloodthirsty assholes. This gave contemptors a bad reputation in the legion, which led to the rumor that the contemptor chasse were ill-fated in some manner, which led to more dickholes getting put into them, and it became a self-fulfilling prophecy
>>
>>46198683
Wasn't also they like the boxnaught better due to easier repairs?
>>
>>46198708
Yes, but that's not really a Wolf thing, just a general rule across the board. it's why contemptors largely stopped being made in the post-Heresy and Scouring era, the Mechanicus was losing the ability to build and maintain the things compared to the stardard dreads
>>
>>46198599
guessing: Balthasar Gold + Earthshade?
>>
>>46198726
Are many Contemptors do you reckon survived into the modern 40k? 50?
>>
>>46198835
a hard number is impossible, of course. the big 9 and their successors probably have a few each (although they likely don't run them all at once since you'd only put a hero of great value in one), with early-founding chapters may have one or two, with later foundings only having one if they're extremely lucky

say, average three each for the big nine, two or three for their immediate successors, maybe one or two for chapters started in the 3rd-5th foundings since those were still peppered with groups splitting off from the legions (like the Executioners) and the rest just being scattered throughout those chapters lucky enough to have one, like the Minotaurs getting the Hekaton chassis from the High Lords.

Say, as a hypothetical total for all Astartes, 100 contemptor and contemptor-mortis still routinely in operation by M41.
>>
>>46198937
Do Grey Knights have any?
>>
File: takeyourkidtoworkday.png (971 KB, 984x794) Image search: [Google]
takeyourkidtoworkday.png
971 KB, 984x794
>>46199100
one would think so, since of all the chapters that can demand shinies they're right up their at the top, but nobody's bothered to add them to the GK codex so who knows. maybe the Geeks don't like them for some reason
>>
>>46199100
What was Ferrus Manus like as a person? Was he one of the nicer Primarchs or was he a bastard?
>>
>>46199100
>>46199154
Dammit didn't mean to reply to you sorry.
>>
File: gorgon_by_d1sarmon1a-d8oe1dv.jpg (320 KB, 625x980) Image search: [Google]
gorgon_by_d1sarmon1a-d8oe1dv.jpg
320 KB, 625x980
>>46199154
A well-meaning asshole I always thought.

A cunt with a heart of gold.
>>
>>46199154
He was a cold hearted demigod but not to the extent of Pert.
>>
File: 1458304648784.jpg (21 KB, 564x608) Image search: [Google]
1458304648784.jpg
21 KB, 564x608
After reading Scars and how the Terrans basically tried to pull a coup on the Khan for the Warmaster, I wonder how other legions felt about their terrans and vice versa. Any particular legion that embraced them, or others that trashed them? I know Corad basically tried to kill off his and exiled the survivors.
>>
File: I love to murder.jpg (245 KB, 976x600) Image search: [Google]
I love to murder.jpg
245 KB, 976x600
>>46198110
>Night Lords

Mah fucking nigga in midnight clad.
>>
>>46199154
depends on who's writing. in general he was more of a dick than most of the loyalists, but less of one than most of the traitors.

Mostly, Ferrus just wanted to Get Shit Done, and he got annoyed at perceived incompetence that slowed him down. He spent his time on Medusa fighting dragons and shit rather than bother uniting his people because 'eh, they'll learn to take better care of themselves if I don't hand-hold them'. He could be friendly enough under favorable circumstances, but he didn't put the same priority on human life that some of his brothers did, he just wanted to fuck shit up and tinker and probably make some sheet-metal origami.
>>
>>46199270
The Lion mistrusted them so bad that he assumed direct command over them while allowing Calibanite hosts roam much more freely.

Angron didn't give a shit.

Fulgrim probably adored them.

Lorgar slowly culled them up until the heresy's outbreak.
>>
>>46199270
>Corad
Is that Konrad or Corax?
>>
File: Page70.jpg (2 MB, 2641x3590) Image search: [Google]
Page70.jpg
2 MB, 2641x3590
>>46199270
The IF had no problems with their terrans, and avoided a gap between them.

I'm pretty sure the WB killed off most of theirs after they turned.
>>
>>46199319
>Hey Ferrus I thought I'd teach you origami
>For fuck's sake Fulgrim, I'm just not going to get my head around art.
>But Ferruuus
>Fine, but this is the last kind of art I'm trying

>Fulgrim.
>Yes Ferrus?
>THIS PAPER IS WEAK.
>No, no, this is supposed to happen... wait what are you doing?
>IRON STRONK.
>What the fuck.
>>
>>46199270
>I know Corad basically tried to kill off his
literally opposite of what happened. Corax argued hard against Horus' meatgrinder strategy at Gate 42 and even submitted alternate plans that Horus immediately dismissed because fuck you I'm Horus. Perturabo called him a chicken and Russ told him to get over it, so in a fit of disgust he picked the members of his legion most gung-ho about the plan (who happened to be the Terrans who had good history with Horus) and let Horus run things the way he wanted - and sure enough a ton of his dudes got butchered. Afterwards he swore never to work with Horus again.

As for the exile, the rest of the Terrans had serious problems integrating with Corax's preferred strategem of 'don't cause immense amounts of collateral damage just to get at a target' since up til that point they'd basically been Night Lords lite and slaughtered target populations because hey, it's easier than drawing up an attack plan. Hence, Corax finally rounded up the worst of them and said 'k, you guys wanna run things your way, here's a carta. Go blow shit up and don't talk to me anymore.'

Most legions didn't give a shit about their Terrans one way or another, they just let them die off as the ranks were replaced with men from the primarch's homeworld (or in cases like the World Eaters, wherever they were recruiting from that day).

If I recall correctly, the Word Bearers are implied at some point to have killed off most or all their Terrans as they refused to convert to religious worship of the Emperor as a god. (Then later killed most everyone who refused to convert to Chaos).
>>
>>46199270
NL terrans and nostramans loved each other.
>>
>>46199495
Fel Zharost hated them. He called them cancer when he attacked Servatar.
>>
>>46199495
How'd that work? I know the Nostramans had some major issues of the JUSTICE/murder boner division betwern their marines who were recruited at different times.
>>
When are we gonna get scans?
>>
>>46199451
Interesting, I thought he hated them for being a sick combination of Sons of Horus/Night Lords.

>>46199377
>"Well I'm hard as iron right now."

>>46199322
I imagine Sanguinius loved each and everyone one if his sons, and most of the Deathguard fucked off from Mortarion and has to be killed.
>>
>>46197205
Sicaran: Useful for tearing up rhinos and sometimes flyers
Spartan: Hard to kill, carry whatever you want
Fire Raptor: AC-130
>>
>>46199377
>>46199649
you just know Ferrus loved his fucking puns. You don't let people name you Iron Hand after your iron hands and call your legion the Iron Hands unless you have a incredibly silly sense of humor.

When you think about it, Bobby had his legion repaint their armor blue and called them the Ultramarines because that was the shade of blue they used.

Fulgrim probably ended up trying to kill them both because he was so goddamn sick of getting punned on until he was blue in the face.
How ironic.
>>
File: 1427032805592.adapt.1900.1.jpg (204 KB, 1280x645) Image search: [Google]
1427032805592.adapt.1900.1.jpg
204 KB, 1280x645
>>46197877
>>46198050
>>46198076

Understated space wolves. Im mirin'
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.