[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 1458304791085.png (87 KB, 647x484) Image search: [Google]
1458304791085.png
87 KB, 647x484
Connecting to JackPoint VPN...
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>Enter Passcode: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to < ERROR: NODE UNKNOWN >

>Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
>Issue tracker:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues/

Old Thread: >>46089071
Too-tired-to-think-of-a-decent-name Edition
>>
You know, one thing I would think would be interesting is hearing about some of the names you give the Corps outside the big ten. ... I wonder if there is a literal Acme corporation in the Shadowrun universe?
>>
My question from the last thread just before it got saged:

>Looking for advice on building a Street Scum Street Sam for a buddy that hasn't played any non-computer based RPG's before (and I'm pretty new to shadowrun myself). Creation rules are Sum to 7, no A priority, max 10 availability. He's planning on taking some stealth/infil abilities and being more agility based than tanky. Any help would be appreciated
>>
>>46119865
I think the focus is far too much on the big ten. Really, I'd even argue having something like the big ten just makes all the AAs and such seem inconsequential.
>>
So, now that the critter book is on the works, any ideas brewing for runners ? I am thinking of a crazy cat lady magician with half a dozen blackberry cats.
>>
>>46120026
I've been wanting to introduce an Awakened Puppy to my group for longest time (we are in hiatus currently) and have myself a DMPC Black Lab who can shoot lightning bolts.
>>
>>46119871
>Sum to 7

Hmm... try:
B: Attributes
C: Money
D: Skills
D: Human
E: Mundane

Get 6 AGI, 4 REA, 4 INT. With your money, buy Boosted Reflexes, Muscle Toner 2 and Nephretic Screen 5, cybereyes with a Smartlink (or justt the smartlink). A couple of guns + a bit of gear. And then guzzle Kamikaze as soon as SHTF.

Take a drug dealer in your contacts just to be sure you can always get Kamikaze. Pay double for pharamaceutical grade if you can, it will make the addiction roll even easier.
>>
>>46120026
>critter book

Tell me more.
>>
I am starting an SR5 campaign with a rule that deckers are automatically NPCs for the sake of not-running-a-one-player-minigame-while everybody-else-wait.

Not that this matters as I am ending up with a group of cybersams and one rigger, all humans afaik.

I need a few things you guys might want to share between yourselves.

> Some creative drone builds / use I can suggest our rigger.
Right now, he's got a few flyers able to suppress fire, a few flyspy drones for a makeshift camera network, flanker dobermans with shotguns for when foes duck and cover and a Steel Lynx that will be his "battle personae".

> Good locales / NPC contacts they may make at these locales.
Got a downtrodden shadowrunner bar with an ex-cybersam shadowrunner bar-owner, troll lady gang member / drug dealer that seals every deal she can around a game of pool, a german human weapon dealer (specializes in SK stuff, of course). And a old, and little in touch decker-for hire.

I got a competent street doc that buys used cyberware IF you don't mess it up by removing it from the body yourself and gives you discounts if you replace a body part without requesting it back. His daughter is a competent young decker that never meet anyone in meatspace. She's a ghoul.

I've got a dinner-type restaurant where a local car/ship/drone mechanic's wife work. He and a local friendly dwarven beat cop often hang around.

I've got a perma-rave place in a repossessed factory where a local Mr. Johnson has a permanent room and where a shy STAR decker almost live to drown the sins of his past in drugs / lights and loud music.

> I need interesting macguffins
>>
>>46120235
What if he wants to go with melee (sword/katana) primary as opposed to guns?
>>
>>46120297
>Some creative drone builds / use I can suggest our rigger.

A personal favorite of mine: Mr. Handy. Start with an Aztechnology Crawler (or a Roto-Drone, it doesn't really matter), outfit it with two arms. Keep a library of Autosofts at hand. Whenever you need something done, load up the correct autosoft and let Mr. Handy handle it.

Deluxe option would have modular arms, each with dedicated toolkits installed and a rating 6 pilot, but that will make the drone really expensive.
>>
>>46120026

Well, I was thinking of making a drake drake drakety drake drake drake drake drake, with a side of drake.
>>
>>46119871
Take a nephritic screen and a bunch of drugs. Have a drug dealer contact. Go around murdering people while high on at least 3 compounds.
>>
>>46120505
> Outfit it with two arms
Where's the option to do so?

> Keep a library of Autosofts at hand.
I did not know skills other than Maneuver[model], Clearsight, Weapon skillsand such were available. Is it core? If not, which book shall I purchase?

> Deluxe option would have modular arms, each with dedicated toolkits installed and a rating 6 pilot, but that will make the drone really expensive.
The pilot can be upgraded? Once again, is this core? What's the price range on such an upgrade?

I mean, I thought the trade-off of riggers was the diminished dice pools / more guns on the field.
>>
>>46120477
Try:
B: Attributes
C: Ork
D: Money
D: Skills
E: Mundane

AGI 6, STR 7, REA&INT 4, WIL 3, CHA 2, BOD 6, LOG 1.

Boosted Reflexes, Nephretic Screen & Kamikaze to boost performances in combat.

Whtever else you do, buy 1-2 points of Edge with starting Karma.
>>
>>46120702
All those upgrades are in Rigger 5.0

Drones can basically get a lot of skills as an autosoft now, and yest the pilot can get updated.
>>
>>46120277
Basically Running Wild for 5e
>>
>>46120702
>Once again, is this core?
All this shit is in Rigger 5 which you really should get because it's fucking amazing for riggers.
>>
>>46119903
I wouldn't go that far. The big ten are merely the Great Powers of the corporate sphere. the AA corps are akin to normal nations,not as strong, but can have a large influence within there sphere of operations.
>>
>>46119865
There are quite a few double and single as mentioned in the recent corp book, but I think the idea is in most cases you make them up yourself.
>>46121183
AAs have extraterritoriality and the ability to give out sins, so yeah.
>>
File: 1319599597492.jpg (43 KB, 950x679) Image search: [Google]
1319599597492.jpg
43 KB, 950x679
So, /srg/, what's the deal with the nukes in Shadowrun? I get it that they're less powerful in Sixth World - but why exactly? Also, how nerfed did they get? What's the rule of thumb in judging the power of Shadowrun nuclear explosions as compared to ones in our world? What about radiation, do the bombs produce less of it too?
>>
>>46121753
They're less powerful and they don't work properly in a magical environment.
>>
>>46121753
>- but why exactly
Magic bullshit. They wanted an excuse for America and the other nuclear powers to become less powerful.
>What's the rule of thumb in judging the power of Shadowrun nuclear explosions as compared to ones in our world?
If they hit, they work, but sometimes the rockets explode on the launch pad because apparently rocketry is less reliable in the sixth world. The one in Chicago was less powerful because of some magical wards the bugs threw up to protect themselves.
Also, the nork rockets just kinda vanished mid flight, but that's cuz it's the norks.
There's still about as much radiation. Also, radiation sometimes turns mages, adepts, and magical critters into horrible toxic mutants, so there's that too.
>>
File: tumblr_npqirpRU2T1swr0eao6_1280.jpg (131 KB, 1024x753) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npqirpRU2T1swr0eao6_1280.jpg
131 KB, 1024x753
>>46121753
Magic and nuclear physics interact in really WEIRD and unknown ways. Resulting in nuclear bombs either not going off at all, or randomly going off way too soon, or even just in storage.

On top of that, IF one goes off it tremendously fucks with the magical background count, creating toxic spirits left and right.

So all the big powers moved to kinetic alternatives. Thor shot is basically just super dense rods dropped from orbit at several dozen times the speed of sound, having effectively the same payload, just without any nuclear physics involved.
>>
>>46121846
>>46121857
>>46121894

Thanks, chummers.

My group has been carrying around a big-ish nuclear device for some time. I guess we should dispose of it somehow.
>>
>>46121753
Manasphere actively works against Nuclear reactions.
Radiation becomes a mutating threat rather than a subatomic purger.
Nuclear detonations sometimes just don't happen, and even if they do, they have a substantially decreased payload, like, tiny.
Radiation sticks around for much longer than it should, and affects the astral.
>>
>>46122042
In general, it's best to get rid of that kind of thing, yes.
>>46122043
The only reduced blast was the one in Chicago, which was cuz of the insect spirit's BS.
>>
>>46122343
>The only reduced blast was the one in Chicago
That's patently wrong, read the final chapter of System Failure some time.
There were multiple nuclear detonations, of which the magnitude was significantly less than predicted.
It is then stated by the Corporate Court themselves that the Gaiasphere/Manasphere is doubtless counteracting the potency of nuclear weaponry.
>>
>>46122042
Your GM broke one of the unwritten rules:
Never give your players WMDs
>>
>>46122582
The other being never start a campaign in asia?
>>
>>46122421
>That's patently wrong, read the final chapter of System Failure some time.
Oh, fuck, forgot about that.
>>46122582
Clearly you've never GMed a game of Paranoia.
>>
>>46121894
is that why nukes aren't used anymore? just sheer unreliability?

so its only magic and conventional warfare?
>>
>>46123468
Pretty much. Also they have the much cleaner and more surgical option of THOR shots.
>>
>>46123468
Orbital weapons as well. http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Thor_shot
Though funny enough, no one really bothers to use them for conventional warfare, despite having all the perks of tactical nuclear warfare with none of the drawbacks.
>>
>>46123583
>>46123598
>Also they have the much cleaner and more surgical option of THOR shots.
They don't. The only people with Thor shot capability are Ares and the Corporate Court. Nationstates have to stick to their nukes. (Which is weird cuz the idea was developed by von Braun irl, and he worked for the US gov)
>>
Are dirty bombs a big thing in Shadowrun? You'd think they'd be, cuz the keep the fun parts of SR nukes (toxic spirits, toxic mages, toxic background counts, toxic critters, toxic mystic adepts, etc.) while avoiding all the shitty parts.
>>
>>46123720
no UCAS use of THOR?
>>
>>46123773
There are enough problems with the world, producing Toxic zones, there's no need to use dirty bombs to create more.
>>
>>46123720
Ares and S-K, but yes, you're correct. Odd that the UCAS doesn't have a space program that has orbital weapons laying about, nor does any other country. I'd expect atleast the ESA or the Japanese equivalent to have access to a massdriver or two.

Oh well, at least pic related can always happen thanks to corporate dominance of orbital weapons.
>>
File: Jawbone.jpg (279 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Jawbone.jpg
279 KB, 1280x800
>>46120297
>Interesting Macguffins

I've been looking into a way to build Samson's Jawbone as a Weapon Focus, Kabbalah based obviously. I can definitely see a corp getting very excited about turning up something that may or may not be a ancient artifact that slew a thousand men.

Speaking of, how's Israel doing in the future?
>>
>>46123795
Nope.
>>46123805
>There are enough problems with the world, producing Toxic zones, there's no need to use dirty bombs to create more.
Imagine a toxic zone in a nation's capitol though. Most toxic zones are fairly far away from things anyone cares about.
>>46123819
>UCAS space program
It was privatized. This is what happens when you put a republican in the white house.
>>
File: Toxic Shaman.jpg (13 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
Toxic Shaman.jpg
13 KB, 400x266
>>46124346
>Imagine a toxic zone in a nation's capitol though

Imagine what a dragon like Sirrurg or an army of spirits would do to you if they found out you were planning on not just creating a toxic zone, but on creating one in the middle of a city, with all that added bloodshed and pain giving it fuel.
>>
>>46124520
>dragon like Sirrurg
Nothing, cuz he's in the shadow realm
>army of spirits
Unless you're doing this in siberia, there just aren't enough free spirits to really make that a concern. If you are in siberia, it's your own fault. Why are you in siberia?
Besides, I presume they'd do the same thing mortal authorities would do if they found someone trying to create a toxic zone in the middle of a city: kill that person.
>>
File: 1439467722236.jpg (7 MB, 3755x2505) Image search: [Google]
1439467722236.jpg
7 MB, 3755x2505
So is Rigger 5 fixed now? I remember when it came out there was a lot of big obvious flaws in it, not limited to but including shitty editing above and beyond usual CGL. There's three versions in the pastebin (regular, with bookmarks, and Tits-o-Vision); are any of them better than release, or is there errata somewhere?
>>
>>46120297

> I need interesting macguffins

Re-appearing at a suspicious magician's suicide near YOU: A revolver with rust smiling a smiling face on the barrel. Perhaps it's best just to ignore it and focus on the job at hand, right?

>What Mr J isn't saying:
It's a rather special cold iron focus for a Loki worshipper who got a bit too full of himself after discovering a loophole to break a law or two of what magic and spirits cannot do... except it was him who was deceived

Destroying it demands the use ritual magic to separate it into its two parts: a fuck-you-up powerful spirit that is pissed off something fierce and a lump of cold iron that's not all that valuable.
>>
What's a good way to ask your DM that you want to rob people and stores for money?

I'm broke as fuck right now, and I want some nuyen before the next job so that I can buy some APDS. But I can't do that cause I'm broke as shit.
>>
>>46126045
>What's a good way to ask your DM that you want to rob people and stores for money?
Just ask if you can have a short side session where you go hold up a stuffer shack. Make sure there aren't some wacky characters just waiting to team up and become Shadowrunners there though.
>>
>>46126158
>Make sure there aren't some wacky characters just waiting to team up and become Shadowrunners there though.

http://shadowrunfromthefuture.blogspot.com.au/2015/09/and-this-is-why-i-hate-going-to-stuffer.html
>>
File: 1446418171076.jpg (91 KB, 1000x769) Image search: [Google]
1446418171076.jpg
91 KB, 1000x769
Hey /srg/! I lurked these threads for months learning about Shadowrun and its world, and I finally managed to get a group together to play SR5. We met over Roll20 and we had introductions this evening on Skype, and I have a couple of questions for you guys since we're all mostly new to Shadowrun and I'm the GM.

First, our team's decker is a bit scared of her deck getting trashed because of how expensive getting a good one is, so she took hers as an implant to protect it from the threat of getting stolen or shot. How does a Decker deal with an implanted deck getting bricked or taking matrix damage? Do they need a street doctor who can perform surgery before they can start working on repairs? How much would that cost?

Second: Most of my players are rolling between 14 and 16 dice for their "main" things. The Decker can get up to 18 dice when she rolls Hack on the Fly vs Hosts thanks to her specializations, and the Face gets around there when he uses his Fast Talking specialization, but those are both specific rolls under specific scenarios. In comparison, our Street Samurai's 7 AGI + Muscle Toner 2 + Automatics 6 + Semiautomatics Specialization + Implanted Smartlink means that every time he attacks with his Ingram Smartgun X, he's rolling 19 dice. (20 when his Adrenaline Pump is active) In comparison, most other members of the party are rolling between 10 and 14 dice for their primary firearms. I get that murder is what Street Samurai are built for, but are these numbers overkill? What should the average enemy's attack pools be closer to? How often should a party expect to encounter someone with combat dice on par with the Street Samurai?

Third: Is there a way to handle the "Day Job" quality without just going "sorry, it's a weekday so you can't contribute to egwork this run?"

Last: How often should I be checking for SINs? Everyone has a fake SIN most of the party has more than one SIN for their character, but I'm not clear on how often they should get checked.
>>
File: 1402362041060.jpg (81 KB, 925x1384) Image search: [Google]
1402362041060.jpg
81 KB, 925x1384
>>46124686
Speaking of Rigger 5, is there any good houseruling to make the Noizquitos not break the game? Because holy shit, 3 of them give everyone in the general area who can see or hear them a cumulative -12 dice pool on literally every test and there's no fucking way I'm allowing that in my game, but conceptually the drone isn't horrible so I want to find a good middle ground for my Rigger
>>
>>46126158
One tiem one of my players wanted to do that and I didn't have the time to spare, and when I tried to improvise it it was awful.

As a GM I want to know how would you feel if your GM reduced this out of session activity to a few skill checks to determine our success or failure and then how much you succeeded or failed, but without the roleplaying part. I don't even run SR anymore, I just can't stop thiking about what I could have done instead.
>>
>>46126242
>First, our team's decker is a bit scared of her deck getting trashed because of how expensive getting a good one is, so she took hers as an implant to protect it from the threat of getting stolen or shot. How does a Decker deal with an implanted deck getting bricked or taking matrix damage? Do they need a street doctor who can perform surgery before they can start working on repairs? How much would that cost?
I imagine you'd be able to pop open your head to access it.
10 to 14 dice is OK to normal people, but that 20 dice for the sammy is OK.
The party shouldn't encounter someone as killy as the sammy very often.
>>
>>46126352
Just don't have them stack.
>>46126373
Not him, but I'd be OK with that.
>>
Is there anything stopping me from installing Gel Packs in my forearm guards as well as my armor or am I just being retarded?
>>
>>46126630
Hopefully your GM tbqh
>>
>>46126708
Why couldn't you install them on forearm guards? With how they're described, it's just adding a dilatant layer to whatever the armour is. No reason why you couldn't put that on to forearm guards.
>>
>>46126242
Third: Is there a way to handle the "Day Job" quality without just going "sorry, it's a weekday so you can't contribute to legwork this run?"
What level of Day Job and what kind of job factor into it really. Setting up lunchtime meetings with contacts (remember to pay for your contacts food) and taking a route from to or from work where you can leave drones for spying on whatever are what I can think of off the top of my head.

>How often to check SINs.
A good deal of places are just going to check if you are broadcasting a SIN or not and it won't matter that it is fake. Secure facilities might have better scanners and might also probably check for an RFID transmitting specific information on what you are supposed to be doing. I would suggest once when you enter the building the run is taking place at, and again for entering the more secure parts of that building (Labs, Private offices, etc.)
>>
>>46126630
You're more likely to get knocked on your ass when shot.
>>46126708
Why?
>>
>>46126917
>>46127040
Rules as written it works fine, yeah. And it's nowhere near a game-breaking benefit or anything, so that's not my problem either.
It's mostly a matter of scale; forearm guards add 1 armor and gel packs add 2. It doesn't really make sense to me that by slapping a layer of gel packs onto some plates on your forearms that you would triple their effectiveness, making them better armor than a full-face helmet, or that they would make so that much more suceptible to getting knocked on your ass. Gel packs are clearly meant to be added to full armor, not to accessories like helmets and so on.
But it's not my game and, as mentioned earlier, it's not like it's a big deal either way.
>>
>>46126242
>>46126973
Another thing about day jobs I forgot to mention is that Long Haul is your friend when you need to show up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to work in the morning.
>>
Hey Chummer guy, are you around?

Is it a bug that I can't apply a silencer to a Cavalier Arms Corkcett EBR (Sniper Rifle)? Rules only say you can't use them on Revolvers or Shotguns, unless I haven't seen something?

If it's been fixed after 5.178, I apologize for bringing it up
>>
>>46119903
You do hear about other corps though, like Spinrad Industries and Lone Star.
>>
>>46127947
which is retarded, as you can totes put a silencer on a revolver or a shotgun IRL
>>
>>46127986
Don't you need special barrel to attach silencer?
>>
>>46127986
Not on a revolver unless it's like the Nagant, where you have a seal akin to that of a semi-automatic.

>>46128362
Yes, to attach a suppressor you need a threaded barrel.
>>
>>46128362
>>46128458
or you can bond the silencer to the barrel using adhesive resin, plumber's tape, duct tape, and plastic that's been shrunk with heat. takes a while but you can do it.

or use a potato.

>nagant
i had to look up, very few revolvers actually use that seal system the nagant has.
>>
>>46128458
>>46128634
So, we should have "modular sound suppressor" that can be installed on threaded barrel in a few seconds and "hardwired potato silencer" that you can only install or remove with a toolkit. Or you can just replace a barrel.
>>
>>46128927
>tool kit potato
no, you buy a sack of potatoes, and take one, and jam it firmly onto the end of the barrel. then fire. potato explodes, much fun, and shot is quieter. put new potato on. rinse, lather, repeat
>>
those metal storm weapons in gun haven. the shotgun and assault rifle, where the magazine IS the barrel. seem absolutely perfect for silencing .
>>
>>46129256
They are. And they should be. Also that Jungle Carbine that goes off automatics but has the damage and AP of an EBR. That one is perfect for operatin'.
>>
>>46129714
>Also that Jungle Carbine that goes off automatics but has the damage and AP of an EBR.
And got errata that makes it just another AR instead of the unquestioned god-king of automatics.
ACC: 5
DAM: 11P
AP: -2
MODE: SA/BF
RC: (1)
AMMO: 18(c)
AVAIL: 8R
COST: 2800Â¥
>>
>>46129888
Shut up.

Let me relive the glory days of my DM not having the errata.
>>
>>46129888
Wait, when the hell did this get Errata'd?
>>
>>46131111
Is in Missions faq.
>>
if i'm astrally perceiving instead of using my real sight when noizquito's are around i would only take the innate -2 that astral perception gives me, instead of the -12 (or whatever) the drones are giving, yes?
>>
What is the best solution for damatically jumping off of tall buildings without dying?

How can I accellerate the fall without dying so as to make it harder to shoot on the way down?
>>
>>46131949
you could use the levitate spell to accelerate the fall as necessary. or use a bunch of weight to reach terminal velocity and then release said weight. or rockets. or drones.
>>
>>46132007
>or rockets
man if I could find some kind of cheap and reliable rocketpack I would never stop
>>
>>46131827
What source is the -12 from?
Some modifiers are just as bad, or even worse in astral space.
>>
File: fever ray.jpg (48 KB, 610x457) Image search: [Google]
fever ray.jpg
48 KB, 610x457
So this video has forever influenced how I do Urban Shamans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F-CpE73o2M

... But would the chlorine int he pool make the Water Spirit Toxic?
>>
>>46132433
>... But would the chlorine int he pool make the Water Spirit Toxic?
nah, that just keeps the pee outta the water elemental
>>
>>46132574
Yup, waste spirits would definitely be Toxic.
>>
>>46132433
Poor Joe Wageslave, just looking out his back window at this crazy hobo water lady.
>>
>>46126242
you with that carribean group?
gratz, you fucker. Im still looking for a group myself.....
>>
>>46126242
>How does a Decker deal with an implanted deck getting bricked or taking matrix damage?

The same as with a non-implanted one: he repairs it/gets it repaired. (See "Repairing Matrix Damage" pg. 228 in Core)

> Do they need a street doctor who can perform surgery before they can start working on repairs? How much would that cost?
Not by RAW.

A houserule I've seen is that the decker needs someone else (technician or drone) to do the repairs, because it would be VERY awkward working on something inside your own head. They can however assist with a teamwork test.

>But are these numbers overkill?
No.

>What should the average enemy's attack pools be closer to?
Depends on the situation. As a rule of thumb, lower, unless they're picking fights with HTR.

>How often should a party expect to encounter someone with combat dice on par with the Street Samurai?
Not often, unless they stick around until HTR arrives. One-on-one, an 'average' opponent is outclassed by a shadowrunner. But unless the 'runners get the drop on them, the ratio won't be 1-on-1, and the mooks are supposed to use tactics and environment to slow down the runners until HTR arrives.

>Is there a way to handle the "Day Job" quality without just going "sorry, it's a weekday so you can't contribute to legwork this run?"
No. Even that would already be generous. It's a negative quality, it's meant to make life difficult for the runner, not provide free Karma. (even if this one rakes in money, it's still a negative.)

>How often should I be checking for SINs?
In any civilized zone, there's a rating 1 scanner checking whether people broadcast a SIN 'constantly'. More in-depth checks only happen at security checkpoints or if the runners stand out somehow.
>>
>>46134572
What about if you've taken a job as a salesman or a repairman?
>>
>>46134647
It doesn't matter how you fluff it, the core concept of a negative quality is: here's some extra karma at chargen, but in exchange you'll suffer from (insert thing) making your life as a shadowrunner harder. The amount of karma it gives is an indication of how much/often it should be a hassle. And it is then up to the GM to find the sweet spot, because it is also dependent on the players and the group.

Now, in this particular case, the runner having to miss out on potentially dangerous information-gathering because he's busy 'safely' (*) earning money isn't exactly a hassle. Unless it turns in an incentive for the rest to rough him up/not take him on the run.

(*) Yes, this will depend on the job. A "Day Job" as vermin control/ghoul exterminator can turn uglier than a run pretty quickly.
>>
Got a few of questions about drones, chummers.

1. If a drone is holding a weapon (e.g. an assault rifle on MCT Kenchiku-Kikai) with a drone arm and you are jumped in, do you still use Logic+Gunnery?

2. When you're VRed into a drone and the drone takes damage, is that damage first resisted before you take the biofeedback? Though it says "first" it doesn't make much sense for AP to apply to biofeedback, nor would the relatively small firewall+willpower work to reduce it by much.

3. Just how many autosofts can an RCC run? Is it with a combined rating up to the RCC's device rating (e.g. rating 3 pilot, rating 2 targeting) or as many as the device rating (e.g. rating 5 pilot, rating 5 targeting)

thx
>>
>>46135748
1. Why would anyone not have the weapon mounted on the drone itself?
2. The book states that you resist half of the physical damage the drone takes as biofeedback, this means the drone resists damage first then you need to resist biofeedback equal to half of the unresisted damage (rounded up)
3. It's right at the top of p. 267 in Noise Reduction and Sharing
>>
>>46135883
I was hoping to save mod slots on other things than buying weapon mounts
>>
File: file.png (136 KB, 380x312) Image search: [Google]
file.png
136 KB, 380x312
>>46120583
I think that's coming in an ebook.
>>46127947
5.178 doesn't have the fixes for internal mounts. The problem is basically that the built-in mods are preventing you from adding shit to the same slot.
>>46132382
Noizquitos are a new drone introduced in Rigger 5.0. They're basically flashpacks with wings. Each drone doing it's thing introduces a penalty of up to -2 to everyone that can see and hear it. The problem with them is that their penalties explicitly stack and have no limitation.
>>46135908
That would probably be a question for your GM, but I imagine in most cases the answer would still be yes, you use Gunnery for shooting guns from your drone. The general logic behind Gunnery is that even while jumped in it's not 'you' shooting the gun, you're providing the most optimal targeting solution for the drone's subsystems to handle the shooting.

Anthroforms are weird.
>>
>>46126352

Hi, Triss.
>>
>>46126352
dampers or select sound filters.
>not putting dampers in ur cyber ears
>>
>>46136560

They only drop the penalty to -1 each. That's still going to stack to a silly degree.
>>
>>46136579
just turn the cyber ears...off

shit, i'm playing a ghoul, it'll probably magnify the effect for me.
>>
File: Zipping Along.gif (2 MB, 636x288) Image search: [Google]
Zipping Along.gif
2 MB, 636x288
>>46124686
Bumping this; is there a best version of Rigger5 out of the three in the pastebin, or errata I need to get before using it?
>>
>>46136002
>Each drone doing it's thing introduces a penalty of up to -2 to everyone that can see and hear it
a -2 penalty from the strobes if you see it AND a -2 penalty from the speakers if you hear it; -4 total
>>
>>46137567
I still can't believe a loud mosquito that flashes gives you more penalties to actually bleeding out on the ground dying.
>>
>>46138659
penalties than*
>>
>>46138659
Its a really, really loud mosquito I guess.
>>
>>46138659
its like that japanese anti pirate sound cannon. it's so loud it causes pain
>>
>>46138659
It's 160db of continuous noise, by the book, right? That's louder than jet engines, rock concerts, shotgun blasts, etc.

Pain and hearing loss are par for being nearby, and everyone that isn't dead or deaf will notice.
>>
>>46137567
>>46138659

Honestly, they should have just made protection flat ignore the penalty + make them not stack.

So you've got a -4 to all actions (That's halving the dicepool of a lot of people) to people without prep. It becomes more situation but still horribly powerful if used right.

Mages won't really have a way to ignore -2 of that penalty if they actually plan to cast.
>>
>>46138905
Nah. They should have used the environmental modifiers, which would mean it stacks to -1/-3/-6, only the highest penalty matters, and there are fewer stupid edge cases within the rules.
>>
>>46139063
Oh, and the 'noiz' bit should have been ditched en-fucking-tirely.
>>
Anyone has opinions/experience in costing out latent awakening in 5e? Got a player who'd like to port the trait from 4e and I want to make sure he's not wasting karma or stepping on the already awakened character's toes.
>>
File: 1359836321509.png (55 KB, 282x250) Image search: [Google]
1359836321509.png
55 KB, 282x250
>Read Rigger 5.0
>See "Huge Drones"
>OH MAN IS THIS MECHS
>It's construction drones
>>
Am I misreading the "No Matrix Damage" part of "Code of Honor: Like a Boss" or does that mean I can't engage in cybercombat with IC? I know that the quality is supposed to stop me from bricking people's gear, but wouldn't that also stop me from damaging IC programs in the matrix?
>>
>>46139300
>Not being a Rigger who runs to create Devestator
>>
>>46138905
>Mages won't really have a way to ignore -2 of that penalty if they actually plan to cast.
astral perception gives immunity to nozuito's, besides the flat -2 for astral perceiving
>>
>>46139300
>Wanting mechs
Step your game up
>>
>>46140504
>Not wanting mechs

I bet you don't want full-body cyborgs either, don't you
>>
>>46142007
>4 Cyberlimbs + Cybertorso and Cyberskull

Eh, close enough.
>>
File: Cyberwear.jpg (75 KB, 305x750) Image search: [Google]
Cyberwear.jpg
75 KB, 305x750
So /srg/, whose runner is this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5fLBGXentE
>>
>>46142338

>8 minute video of a guy discussing a blog post
>could've just linked the blog post
>>
Yekka, are there any plans to implement the missing infected variants in chummer such as vampires? Or are they already there and i'm too reterded to find how to make one?
Great work by the way, I can't imagine having to go back to manually making characters from scratch using a text editor.
>>
>>46139168
Don't, it's a horrible quality.
>>
>>46142659
I've talked with them about that but he's pretty set, and I do agree with him that it'd be a cool thing to happen in game. Only other way I can see it happening is letting him purchase the Run Faster magic qualities post character creation, but even that's going to be a significant karma dump and also opens the pandora's box of all the other players going, well, if he go to do it without any karma or trait set aside...
>>
How well does HeroLab's rigger shit work?
>>
File: GTM CF Article1.png (5 MB, 1216x1746) Image search: [Google]
GTM CF Article1.png
5 MB, 1216x1746
I don't know if you guys have seen these, but this article on the development of Chrome Flesh was in a Game Trade Magazine (I think, I took these pics a while ago) lying around my local hobby shop. I figured you guys might want to see it.
>>
>>46143188
Wasn't the 146 image from a previous edition? I mean, I guess he doesn't say that it isn't, but still.
>>
File: 17kH7X8.jpg (77 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
17kH7X8.jpg
77 KB, 960x960
>>46142607
They're metavariants in the nightlies, but I'm not super happy with how that works since it means you can't become one during career mode. It's a clusterfuck no matter how I try and write it, so I'm currently considering other options.
>>
File: GTM CF Article2.png (4 MB, 1216x1770) Image search: [Google]
GTM CF Article2.png
4 MB, 1216x1770
>>46143188
And then I went and got distracted by tonight's SR session.

>>46143273
Don't know, I've only been playing for a little while.
>>
File: Borg_Alpha.jpg (76 KB, 300x705) Image search: [Google]
Borg_Alpha.jpg
76 KB, 300x705
>>46142007
Full body cyborgs are great
Mechs are just lame
>>
File: GTM CF Article3.png (4 MB, 1216x1681) Image search: [Google]
GTM CF Article3.png
4 MB, 1216x1681
>>46143584
And the last page. Hope someone finds this informative.
>>
>>46143625
This DESU.
>>
>>46143425
Yeah, I see most of them as metavariants in the latest nightly build, like ghouls and banshees. However, vampire, nosferatu, loup-garou, mutaqua, and wendigos just don't show up at all.
But if you're just gonna change the way they're implemented I guess there's no point in adding them now.
>>
>>46143625
>rules?
>>
>>46144575
Cyberarms, legs, torso and skull
No rules for proper brain in a jar yet.
>>
What's some cool stuff for my party to encounter in abandoned subway tunnels?
I'm thinking some feral ghouls, and it will eventually end with the party fighting an oni who is convinced he's the anti-christ, but I'm curious to hear what stuff you guys can come up with.
>>
File: four cyberlimbs.jpg (243 KB, 1200x1432) Image search: [Google]
four cyberlimbs.jpg
243 KB, 1200x1432
>>46144843
IIRC you can't get full set straight out of chargen (5e), so it's more along the lines of starting with cyber legs and working your way up.
>>
>>46144899
You can get everything except a cyberskull and be left with 0.5Ess.
For some fucking reason a cyberskull is availability 16.
>>
Are players supposed to ritualistically loot all fallen combatants of their guns/grenade/gear/cyberlimbs/armor if they have the time and convenience to strip and carry them?

Should I let them sell all of it to their relevant contacts? I'm giving them like ~1/10 its value but I still feel like this is wonky.
>>
>>46145154
They can, much of the time it's not worth the effort as the base retail price is 30%, and the rest of the time you'd probably want to keep their shit for yourself.

5e really didn't help the situation by massive inflating prices.
>>
>>46145154
Everything is RFID tagged in the sixth world, and most gear has computers that manage how it works.
Tag "erasers" function by blasting EMPs over stuff to burn out RFIDs, this also has the effect of basically bricking any gear not hardened against EMPs (such as decks, commlinks, etc etc)
They could just not remove tags (which have the potential to be tracked) in which case the fence will give them really low amounts of dosh for it since they need to clean it themselves.
Also, most of the time runner teams don't want to stick around for the police/HTR to show up.
>>
What would make a rich runner be more prejudiced against the middle class vs the poor? The whole kill the poor as a rich brat shadowrunner grows old
>>
>>46145218
>this also has the effect of basically bricking any gear not hardened against EMPs
Wait, they really did that in 5e?
I should start carrying around a Tag Eraser so I can frag other people firearms.
>>
>>46145154
Well, yeah, they totally can. But two points:
>if they have the time and convenience to strip and carry them
Not sure how you're leading things but plenty of our runs involve getting the fuck out of the hot ground after the deed is done, which means we pick couple pieces but have no time to frisk everyone.

And depending on who the opposition is and how (un)reliable their fixer is, selling too much stuff too frequently can warrant some undue attention on the group.

So basically if they're raiding gang lair on extermination mission, sure, let them pick up all the spoils. If they're extracting VIP or doing anything of stealthier sort, not so much.
>>
>>46145154
Most of the time you only have enough time to take a spare bit of ammo from maybe a single guard apiece for a whole run. Ammo for a weapon type they might not have, but useful to keep hold of.

>>46145268
Anon's blowing it out of proportion.
>>
>>46145292

This. If you are at a gang warehouse you will be expected to load a van with a shipment of the gangers goods to help them fund their war effort. Even corp johnsons need weapons for the clearing house
>>
>>46145226
Those damn middle class people with their delusions of self-worth. Low-born scum pretending they can work their way up to be on the same level as someone like me?
Disgusting.
>>
>>46145226
You don't get rich runners that much. They normally stop being runners at that point. Middle class would probably be your average wageslave though, and most shadowrunners have distain for them at the very least.
>>
>>46145226
Not sure I understand the question there, but generally speaking rich man can easily consider the poor not worth their attention at all. He never meets them. Meanwhile, among the middle class there are try-hards who might be usurping things that should be exclusive to the upper class.

Imagine you're enjoying your dinner in a posh restaurant with your banker friends as usual, but today some sod from middle management shows up as well. It's obvious his suit isn't custom-tailored, he doesn't know difference salad fork and dessert fork, he brings up conversation topics nobody wants to hear about... Wouldn't that ruin your appetite?
>>
>>46145268
It'd fuck up any microchips in it, that's for sure, but unless the gun specifically has an electronic firing system controlled by an internal computer, the gun would probably still work.
Military grade weaponry would presumably be hardened against EMPs though.
>>
>>46144948
prolly because installing it requires a lot of brain surgery...
>>
>>46145635
No it doesn't. It's just skull plating, not a complete head replacement.
>>
>>46145268
>>46145509
The problem is that the tag eraser's range is 5 millimeters. Technomancers are more useful for bricking stuff in a firefight than a tag eraser.
>>
>>46145661
i thought that was just partial cyber skulls
>>
>>46145712
Fair enough, but if you go by that then tag erasers aren't even that good at erasing tags.
>>
>>46145635
But a Rating 2 cerebral booster (something that makes most people almost 2x smarter and is bioware) is only availability 10.
>>
File: Untitled.png (161 KB, 558x368) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
161 KB, 558x368
>>46146034
The tag eraser's entry, just to show how limited it is.
>>
>>46146068
yea.... but a zero surgery needed interface plate that makes you look like destro from GI joe makes more sense, because you no longer need brain surgery for some implants.
>>
>>46146201
i feel like this would be a great assassin tool for removing security spiders.
>>
>>46145635
>>46145661
>>46146001

My understanding of cybertorso and cyberskull is it puts all your organs inside of ware
>>
>>46148955
Not entirely
>>
Hey guys, which class of weapons is best for 'throwing away', as it were?

My character has to kill a Johnson (long story), and the weapon I'm using for it is going to be disposed of afterwards. However, I don't want the case to be linked to me, so I'm going to use a different weapon type. I mean, it already is going to be linked to me cause I'm killing a Johnson, but I'm bring gallons of C-Squared.

I have to hit his whole house + security team. He thinks I'm dead, so I got an advantage here. I usually use automatics. If I hit the dude with a shotgun and then dump his whole fucking house in C-Squared, do you think that'll be enough? What if I just burn his entire damn house down?

I'm a walking armoury here - I can use everything with a pretty good level of proficiency. While I was thinking of gassing the hell out of his house with tear gas, I don't want to spend any more money on chemical protection. I have roughly 5k to spend here.
>>
>>46149203
I'm sure Shadowrun has some sort of disposable weapon
>>
>>46149203
Don't go the obvious way. Make it look like an accident.
>>
>>46149203
use an illegal ak97, load it up with armor piercing rounds and an external smart gun, shoot ur way through the fuckers with 80 round extended mags.

or use a mag with a grenade in it, activate the grenade and toss the rifle which will spark the house.

>>46149315
exactly. Auto erotic asphyxiation.
>>
>>46145368
>rich runners
but half the vehicles are super expensive. like the sea plane or an RV
>>
>>46149315
But we're pink mohawk.

>>46149350
This does sound like a good idea however my teams stealth bastard told me that the house was close quarters as hell. I'll be using chromatic clothing to make it /look/ like it wasn't me, maybe just using a different gun would be better than using a different weapon type.
>>
>>46149475
>But we're pink mohawk.
Buy rocket launcher. Shoot rockets.
>>
>>46142038
If only Lockdown had just come straight out and provided a full cyberlimb cybersuite.
>>
>>46149475
"close quarters as hell" use a silencer
or take an uzi. personally, i like the guardians
>>
>>46149475
>But we're pink mohawk.
Getting caught in path of Halloweeners on the roll, still qualifies as "accident".
>>
>>46139168
Take your choice of awakened type, get 1.0 essence of ware, then buy up your magic from 0.
>>
>>46119762
I'm making a sniper/rigger/face character in 5e. Beyond the obvious tools of the trade, is there anything I should buy for him?
>>
>>46149821
Additional newbie question, I don't have the core in front of me, if I take the cyber eye augmentation 4, do I have to use additional essence to purchase thermographic, magnification, etc?
>>
>>46144899
>>46144948
There are way too many ways to reduce essence costs in fifth edition. A full cyberlimb body isn't that hard to start with. The real question is whether you want to sacrifice enough for it.
>>
>>46145509
There's all of one gun that can't be bricked, and it's the colt manhunter.
>>
>>46150021
Couldn't you just, you know, buy a gun from 2060? Or are they all gone some way some how?
>>
>>46150021
Don't forget throwbacks.
>>
>>46149779

Prototype Transhuman is another possible way although it's cheesy as fuck
>>
>>46149821
>>46149890

You can plug eyeware with capacity written in brackets into your cybereyes, where they will use up your cybereyes' capacity instead of costing you more essence. You can also purchase them as mods for your regular eyes, where they will cost essence.

I would be concerned about stretching yourself too thin. Riggers and Faces are very skill-heavy, and don't overlap very much. You can do both, but you won't have much left over for sniping beyond a decent dice pool for shooting and a gun (and a sniper is far more than a guy that is good at shooting a rifle with a scope).
>>
File: 1383765691698.jpg (7 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1383765691698.jpg
7 KB, 267x200
So my group finally paid the piper for grievous lack of foresight.
They had extracted someone they thought was a nobody, but turned out to be the son of an A corp CEO. They took him back to the nicest lifestyle in the group (A gym called Han Swolo) without investigating the RFID sized bump on the back of his shoulder.
They then proceeded to go to bed and rest for ~ 8 hours.
Total Cost:
1 (One) Gym with workshop in the back
2 (Two) rating 4 SINs
1 (One) Ford Americar
At least they learned a valuable lesson.
>mfw one of them asked me "is that dude rolling 11+3d6 for initiative"
>>
>>46150052
Yah, but wireless enabled firearms that can't be bricked beyond their mods is a one pistol list.
>>
>>46150091
I like the idea of social & physical infiltration, but I can definitely tone down the rigger aspect, I guess I just want minor AR/VR functionality.
>>
>>46150169
There is a very wide range of what you can do with rigging. You get exactly what you put into it.

A few flying drones with perception and stealth autosofts to serve as spotters and recon would cost very little, and could be run off your commlink if you didn't want to pony up for a RCC.

A wolfpack of drones with heavy weapons, good armor, and a full suite of autosofts slaved to a high-end RCC will butcher most security details, but will also be very expensive to buy, repair, and replace.

Your character, or an agent, can perform matrix searches with just your commlink and the Computer skill to locate anyone in the area with wireless stuff (which is going to be virtually everyone), which can also provide valuable intel.

There are a few matrix actions introduced in Rigger 5 you can take with the Electronic Warfare skill that don't use either Sleaze or Attack, and so can be done with your commlink just fine.

EWar also has some very neat Sleaze actions, which can be done perfectly competently with a budget cyberdeck, commlink with stealth dongle, or the evotech himitsu commlink which has poor data processing and firewall but comes with a rating 5 stealth dongle.
>>
>>46150546
I just invested my skill group ranks into the hacking group. I like the idea of perception/stealth recon drones without the need of an RCC, that's kind of where I'd like to go with this character, gather intel on site locations on the fly, infiltrate for the best shot & support myself with social skills, a holdout pistol and an assault rifle.
>>
>>46150134
You're forgetting about the Predator III from Sail Away, Sweet Sister.
>>
>>46119762
I'm going to be building a character for an upcoming game, and need some ideas on how to sort the character.
I'm looking to play an ex-military type that comes in the skills to serve as medic, armorer and wall, and his primary combat is dual pistols.

Gen is Sum-to-10, the GM has a hard rule of "don't be a dick", so playing 7 Edge Humans is out, because not only is it boring, but cheesy.

I have a couple of ideas myself, but wanted opinions on how to sort it. I'd like to avoid awakened for it, because I generally play them, and want something different for a change.
>>
>>46151130
you can try the life modules, when the thing crashes, just copy the skills/knowledge over to a new sheet.
>>
>>46151130
>ex-military
>dual pistols

Tovarisch...

If you absolutely must do it, use a pistol with burst fire to help offset splitting your dice pool, and slap on some recoil compensation.

Medic is better handled by a couple of drones, or letting a high-rating first aid kit on wireless work autonomously. Either will do a better job than you.
>>
>>46151130
>Attributes
Decent Body, Agility, Logic, Reflexes, and Intuition and 3/5 Edge

>Gear
A Rating 3 Medkit (for your belt) and a Rating 6 Medkit (for when you are safely out of harms way for the rest of the day)
Stim Patches
Trauma Patches
Twin Predator Vs
200-300 stun damage ammo
200-300 physical damage ammo

>Skills
High First Aid, Pistols, Armorer, and Maybe some Gymnastics

>Augs
Reflex Recorder (Pistols), Muscle Toner, Cybereyes w/Smartlink and Flare Compensation, Cerebral Booster, Bone Density and Orthoskin
>>
>>46150119
>>mfw one of them asked me "is that dude rolling 11+3d6 for initiative"
Have they never seen a cybered-up sam before? Or a Halloweener on Jazz?
>>
File: Look Ma Two Hands.gif (796 KB, 352x205) Image search: [Google]
Look Ma Two Hands.gif
796 KB, 352x205
>>46151130

>Dual pistols

Every time.
>>
>>46151388
Why density over lacing, beyond Essence issues?
>>
>>46151573
speaking of dual pistols, what are some good mount options for a cyber cowboy?
My main choices are a real horse or a motorcycle, but I'm interested in less obvious things I haven't thought of that might be cool.
>>
>>46133044
"I called Lone Star 10 minutes ago, what the hell am I paying for?"
>>
>>46151809

Trains, the iron horse.

Alternatively, horse drone.

Extra-alternatively, spend 100,000 nuyen on a Custom Chimera-pet.
>>
>>46151336

My GSA was going to use Predator V's, but you raise a good point, what gun should I be using as a Gun Adept? AR, SMG, or Machine Pistols?
>>
>>46152133
If you want pistols, Guardians.
If you want FA, then MPs or SMGs.
If you want a single weapon, use an AR.
>>
>>46152133

AR's are the best Automatic for most combat purposes.

They're just not concealable and tend to be more expensive than the other choices.

Sniper adepts are terrifying though. Longarms get pretty beastly.
>>
>>46152459
What is it about adepts that goes well with longarms?
>>
>>46152459
Never saw the point of people playing a "sniper" and having a fuckhuge Longarms pool. If you're doing things right, the enemy won't get to roll to defend at all since they're unaware.
>>
>>46152622
Generally able to throw more dice down than street sams because MAGIC, and thus better able to take advantage of the higher accuracy and base damage of longarms vs automatics and their defense penalties. Street sams also tend to have more armor, making the shorter ranges you need for automatics compared to snipers more survivable.

Obviously, both can be made about equal in either area, but this sort of end result is common.
>>
>>46152673
more damage then. drop the big guy or force them to take cover.
>>
>>46151336
Ex-military went out the window quickly in concept, honestly. It was a thought, not a concrete detail.
>>
>>46152673
>Snipers and designated marksmen only need to shoot once in combat
Not everything is an assassination you goof.
>>
File: 1379135682673.png (1 MB, 1383x1277) Image search: [Google]
1379135682673.png
1 MB, 1383x1277
>>46152673
>that gun
>>
>>46152622
Adepts are very very good at pumping up dicepools, so high accuracy weapons are good for them.
For example, I recently made a one-armed revolver adept who rolls 20 dice (or 27 w/ edge)
>>
>>46152768
That's an actual shoulder mounted AMR that exists IRL.
You brace the wagwell against your shoulder and the bullpup design allows a much longer barrel than traditional AMRs.
>>
Just played food fight and is combat supposed to take that long?

During the damage + net hits vs Bod+Armor phase armor seemed to soak EVERYTHING up.
>>
File: file.png (237 KB, 423x281) Image search: [Google]
file.png
237 KB, 423x281
>>46150083
That's not really latent awakening though, that's just getting a bunch of free bioware. Personally speaking I'd just tell them to buy the quaiity they want, give it a discount equal to the karma cost for 1 MAG.
>>46152673
Negating situational modifiers and increasing the DV to the point where you can take a super-tough troll down in a single hit, generally.
>>46151336
What if he was kicked out of the military for his obsession with using non-issued sidearms?>>46152768
Barret M82A2, m80.
>>46152817
Just to be sure, you're not rolling the damage+net hits versus armour, right? Your net hits from the attack are what the armour has to reduce to not take any damage, and the armour is rolled for. So 9P+3 Net Hits versus BOD 3 + Armour 12, your armour roll would need to get 12 hits to not take any damage.
>>
>>46152859
That'll do it. I totally misunderstood that.
>>
>there are people in this thread who are pumping dice pool like a retarded monkeys because "muh accuracy" instead of trading excessive dice for more damage/special effects via called shots
Disgusting. And they call themselves "snipers". Or even "sharpshooters". Fucking plebs. I bet you never shot your target's balls one by one while he is panicking as hell and trying to paying off his debt before the last shot.
>>
How much contact rating would you say "gave a life saving operation to via black market means" would count for?
>>
I just got my buddy into the idea of Shadowrun, and he wants to play a character with Humanis ties. But he couldn't find much on them. Is there a book/site that has some info? Or could someone give me a quick rundown to send him?
>>
>>46154627
The Shadowrun Wiki that's floating around is a pretty good source of info. It has a page on the Humanis Policlub though it's sorta barebones.

The big thing you'd want to make clear is that he should probably be a human. Humanis doesn't really mesh well with the other metatypes. They'll hire them for dangerous shadowruns, but expect their relationship to be completely mercenary. Some members of Humanis won't even work with let alone talk (unless to insult) non-humans, keep that in mind.

Is he trying to be a member of Humanis, or just have a contact that's in Humanis?
>>
>>46154774
Thats why he wants to know more about them, he doesn't know if he wants to be a member or just have similar ideologies as them. He wants to be biased towards all metahumans, Awakened and other humans.
>>
>>46154919
They're "Limited" Anti-Awakened, whatever the fuck that means, but if that's the route he wants to go, that's his choice.

Honestly, if I was going to play a character like that I'd play it as essentially an Aryan Brotherhood member, since the HP quite literally are a militarized Klu Klux Klan.

I'd take an Ex-Con/Made Man, having joined a Human prison gang that has direct ties to Humanis after whatever shenanigans happened in the clink.

If he wants to be anti-metahuman, he's going to need (if running SR5) AT LEAST Prejudiced, Outspoken (Common). I dunno if you can actually take that twice though. But that's up to you if you're DMing.

I'm guessing he's going to be playing a Mundane character but the question is what arch-type is he looking for?
>>
>>46151809

Why are you not buying a Pegasus?
>>
>>46153048

Some of us are professionals. Respect is important in this business. It separates us from gangers and simple murderers
>>
>>46155135
Yeah we are using SR5, and yeah definetly playing a mundande. See, I don't know, he said he doesn't want enhancements and wanted a lot of guns.
>>
>>46155182
aren't those, you know, mythical?
>>
>>46155223
If you're using Run Faster and Run and Gun (which you should seriously they're good) and he doesn't really know a build then tell him to do this.

Positive Qualities:
Lightning Reflexes
Made Man
Negative Qualities:
Prejudiced, Common (Radical) Metahumans
Prejudiced, Specific (Radical) Awakened

If he wants to essentially play a regular dude he's going to want to play an operator. Lots of grenades and tactics. Lightning Reflexes will give him the +1d6 to his initiative that he's going to want if he wants to play a combat dude.

You may also want to discuss to him about being a face if he likes to roleplay. A racist face is always fun to play when you suddenly pull out the fact you hate everyone not human on the Johnson.
>>
>>46155327
>Lightning Reflexes
Shittiest quality ever, desu. Just take more edge and roll 5d6 on initiative when you really need it.
>>
>>46155367
This is also pretty viable. Playing edge-lords is fun.
>>
>>46155233

Much like the Unicorn, they are Awakened Paracritters.

See Running Wild from 4e.
>>
>>46155327
I was goona just use the Core book since none of us have ever played, but looking at both those books, they seem helpful so I'll pick them up at some point. Yeah, the racist face seems like it could be fun. I'll save these suggestions, thanks for the help.
>>
File: Ultimax.png (233 KB, 366x437) Image search: [Google]
Ultimax.png
233 KB, 366x437
>>46150021
here's 1.
there's more, too.
>>
>>46155425
>literally just redrew a tokarev and called it a machine pistol
>>
>>46155487
CGL cannot into guns, it is known.
>>
>>46155416
The core book is good, but the expansions are seriously where the game shines. Hard Targets is also good because it adds a lot of weapon mods and cool stealth gear. It is very much up to you what you want to add. If you have trouble flipping through all the books and what not (and are running the game online or with a laptop) I recommend taking screenshots of rules you know are going to be common, or check out the alphaware books so you don't have to flip around so much.

Good luck running your game.
>>
>>46153048
>not handloading your own bullets
>not using drones as eyes to fire through a wall at your target with APDS handloads
>not pumping your dicepool specifically so you CAN do trick shots ezpz
>>
How dumb, expensive and absolutely useless it would be to either make a dwarf that goes around on a large tri-cycle drone or something larger who has two automated drones that work as rocket powered roller blades?
>>
>>46155585
Very.
>>
>>46155585
>rocket powered roller blades
not cruising around in a VTOL coffin launched from your blimp
>>
>>46155845
Don't you mention the rigger """"missile"""" to me or my runner team ever again.
>>
i have a question about weapon foci;
i get that there are bonus dice for using my javelin weapon focus in melee - do i get any bonus weapon focus dice if i throw my javelin at a goof?
>>
>>46158079
Nope. Only weapons foci used in melee benefit from the bonus di(c)e.
>>
>>46140221
The -2 only applies to doing physical actions while Astral perceiving, so if you where casting spells while perceiving astrally you would be fine (might have to be managed spells though, not sure)
>>
>>46142038
I've tried this and it's impossible at chargen and 6 essence isn't enough without adapsin (14r I believe)
By all means you can do it in play but it is a heinous amount of nuyen
>>
>>46142659
>>46142998
It's quite bit Jacky but can be fun, the issue is the post activation karma cost and the fact that what you awaken as is random (I think) I've let players choose, but that's being too kind with regards to the quality, IMO
>>
>>46158365
You need some amount of reduction to have everything, since
>4 Limbs at 1 ess each
>1 Torso at 1.5
>1 skull at 0.75
= 6.25ess
So you need some to be alpha/betaware, adapsin, biocompability, etc etc
Skulls are also availability 16 so you need restricted gear to take them even though they are pretty much useless.
>>
>>46158402
Right, at the least you need bio compatibility cyberware and probly adapsin geneware, but you need restricted gear to get it at cargen. Better off starting with those and gradually becoming robocop as the game progresses. Good opportunity for role play as the character losses more and more essence
>>
Any other GMs have a backlog of characters for if/when they're a player again?
I must have 10+, I hope I'm not the only one
>>
>>46158503
That reminds me, actually.
Does augmentation really happen in your games? In mine, for the most part, the people who need augments grab them at chargen and end up with like 0.3 essence if they're a street samurai, or if they are a mage/adept they take the bare minimum at chargen and spend the entirety of the 1/2 ess they allocate, so there's not really a lot of postgen augs being tossed into the mix.
>>
>>46158396
Cool, thanks. I might go with >>46152859
It looks like it's going to be a decent compromise.
>>
>>46158548
Well it's not common, it's usually smaller non standard Augs that don't take a whole lot of recovery time.
>>
>>46158533

I share your pain.
>>
>>46158554
You do you. I like the quality, it's a 5 karma GM curveball (at least it can be)
>>
>>46158580
Thanks, most every general I read through gives me another idea then it's off to chummer.
Speaking of any word on rigger 5 addditions? I went to build Brock Sampson and couldn't find the muscle cars
>>
>>46158533
>>46158580
I've got a bunch.
>Fists, ex-aztlan pit fighter who is loaded with bioware, does his best not to kill people despite having 13P minimum fist damage, just wants to run a bakery and look after his adopted daughter.
>A decker who uses skillwires and drugs to make up for the fact that he doesn't actually have any aptitude in hacking
>A rigger who lives in a cargo plane and interacts with the party via a legion of flying drones
>A neo-anarchist baseball adept who always wears baseball uniforms and leaves a custom rookie card of himself on every place he hits
>A ~60 year old adept with only one arm, specialized into revolvers who lives in the barrens after he lost his SIN due to crash 2.0 and handloads all his ammo
>>
>>46158685
Nice, half are proofs of in game concepts (or attempts, such as making alchemy viable)
Or janky role play ideas/mechanics like the globally famous gargoyle that's makes 50k (or was it 5k) month just by running/existing
>>
>>46158752
I don't think I've ever actually made a full on mage as a character, actually.
A few others I just remembered
>Ex-CIA agent who got fucked over by another agent who hated him, ended up getting him blacklisted and burned from the intelligence community, is now running to get money and new contacts to get revenge, the only person in his old life who believes him is his old handler. Uses a customized Colt America with the CIAs slogan engraved on the grips.
>A Wuxing corp born social infiltrator, basically her whole shtick is being the girl in a Bond film along with a host of poisons (such as soothsayer) delivered via a tiny stinger and a monofilament whip in her fingernail.
I've posted most of these here before, I usually like to get /srg/s critique.
>>
>>46158836
I used to build almost 100% awakened characters, been leaning cyberware lately
Next I'm gonna put together an enfeebled but clever old man running to pay medical bills/buy new limbs.
Thinking minimum physical stats tons of mental ones and take as many niche but usefully skills as possible
>>
>>46158836
Also, a nartaki dual welding vindicator mini guns is pretty viable if hard to get started
>>
>>46158884
Playing an old character is fun because if you go far enough back (~70-80) you can roleplay as someone growing up in the "start" of cyberpunk and have a really unique perspective relative to the rest of the PCs.
My gunslinger is only 60, but that's still old enough for him to have experienced a fuckton of change in the 6th world.
>>
File: 34.jpg (18 KB, 418x384) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
18 KB, 418x384
I had an mage character idea to combine Fling with Shape Material (metal most likely). The idea is he has a silent ranged attack that can have its ammunition out of any amounts of that element he encounters.

He has low agility and 12 spellcasting dice (16 manip), so no gun skills. Would the 4 extra dice in manip make fling a good reliable single target spell for combat? He already has stunbolt and ball lightning.
>>
>>46158908
I had an idea for a cheese as fuck nartaki who used rapid draw (quickdrawing is a free action), nimble fingers (reloading/unloading is a free action), and perfect time (+1 free action per init pass) to take advantage of the fact that even with zero init you still get a free action (two with perfect time) to quickdraw fire and drop a host of disposable guns every pass.
>>
>>46158173
it seems like a weapon focus would at least add to the accuracy when it's being thrown.
oh well; magic.
>>
>>46158934
Could work, though it's kinda a lot of magic to make an attack. If you wanted a silent method you could use a direct spell like manabolt if you wanted to be silent, depending on how your gm rated the damage of flinging metal at people would be the deciding factor, since direct spells tend to do more consistent if less damage
>>
>>46159042
The vindicator nartaki had something similar, just the rapid draw and a variety of pistols and holdouts, one per hand and enough palming to hide them
>>
>>46159104
I myself would set a threshold to determine the kind of weapon you shaped, roll high enough and you've made a javelin on the fly, and just use that weapons damage code.
>>
>>46159104
Well, with 12 combat spell dice, I would average 4 hits, and 1-2 get soaked average. That seems like it would take around 3-5 stunbolts to bring someone down.

Whereas with fling and magic 6, a throwing knife like weapon would do 6+1 DV, -1 AP, +net hits average 2. Damage soak might be average 4, so fling would do around 5-6 damage average taking around 2 fling shots to bring someone down? Called shots could be an option to push that up a little too.

What I was hoping to use fling for was silent take-downs, but also single target attacks in an open battle. I just don't know if it is going to be worth it compared to lightning bolt.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.