[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic the Gathering EDH General - MtG /edhg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: Image.ashx(19).jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx(19).jpg
33 KB, 223x310
Y'all lazy edition.

Previous Thread: >>46072873

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.

What're you guys working on since no none could be bothered to make a thread?
>>
File: Image.ashx(14).jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx(14).jpg
29 KB, 223x310
Holy shit is edh dead or something? What happened?
>>
>>46101910
still waiting, hoping for more spoilers than the lackluster ones we've had today.
>>
Can anyone give me tips on my deck? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wrexial-and-his-leviathans/
It's a cthulhu-esque deck centered around krakens, leviathans and other big sea creatures. Do i have enough ways to get those creatures on the board and are there any other thematic cards i could use?
>>
File: 1436753691762.png (66 KB, 209x198) Image search: [Google]
1436753691762.png
66 KB, 209x198
>mfw legendary creatures are now printed with Standard in mind and suck being used at the helm, like Linvala v.2
>mfw legendary creatures are short one color from being remotely interesting to use at the helm, like new Odric
>mfw design choices in non-Commander products are not the same as it was in Lorwyn when the format wasn't even that well known.
>>
File: beholdthebeyond.jpg (37 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
beholdthebeyond.jpg
37 KB, 265x370
Generally worse than Diabolic Revelation, but do you think it might be useful in reanimation strategies where the discard could be useful to fill your yard?
>>
>>46102503
No, too expensive. By the time you get to 7 mana in reanimator you should've won the game.
>>
>>46101910

death by convulsive shitposting
>>
>Playing Daretti
>Mirrorworks, Mana Vault, Lightning Greaves, Daretti, and Memory Jar on the field
>Sac jar, play a land, dump my hand
>-2 Daretti, sac Mind Stone, Jar again, trigger Mirrorworks paying with Vault
>Cast Goblin Welder, equip Welder with Greaves, activate targeting Jar and Mana Vault
>Sculpting Steel Jar
>Jar again
>Stack triggers to end up with the hand that has Scrapyard Salvo in it
>Kill opponent with GY of artifacts
>>
>>46103268
>playing Daretti
Should've stopped posting there.
>>
Man is it a great feeling to continually sacrifice and resurrect Terastodon to blow up all of the Narset player's land.

How'd you like that Frank? Teach you to constantly fuck with my shit, and use alternate art proxies to get multi-hundred dollar cards in your deck without paying a cent.
>>
>finally get a chance to play a game with people that are not my normal group
>mizzix player concedes on turn 3 because he is pass out drunk
>Teysa player flies too close to the sun with land tax into sol ring into signet into bitterblossom and phyrexian arena
>Sharuum sets Teysa to 10 using magister sphinx
>teysa drains self to death
>spend whole game slowly amassing a board state because I'm less dangerous than anyone else

Then the Teysa and Sharuum players spend a lot of time with their trade binders and I'm just sitting there like "dude I passed the turn"

Kind of a letdown all things considered. I mean I won but it didn't really feel like an actual game.
>>
>>46101910
Died with the first wave of official Commander sets.
>>
File: Buried Alive.full.jpg (64 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Buried Alive.full.jpg
64 KB, 223x310
>>46102503
If I'm playing reanimator, I'd rather play this.
>>
>>46103642
They serve different purposes
>>
>>46102680
That's true of most decent decks when your opponents are too busy swimming around in their fishbowl to disrupt you.

Behold the Beyond still seems really bad though
>>
>>46103690
True, however you're still ditching your hand, and the price is too high.
>>
File: different sizes i know.png (374 KB, 489x373) Image search: [Google]
different sizes i know.png
374 KB, 489x373
Oh, you have Blazing Archon? Let me attack you with my two tokens Hero creates!
>>
>tfw send online friend $5 for an ob nix planeswalker card
>he decides to be a big fuckin bro and send me literally $200+ worth of cards in a big fucking box and a binder

this is the best thing ever lads.
>>
Gonna build a Sorin themed deck with Teysa as the commander. (I know she has nothing to do with him, but still.) Gonna have spirit tokens, vampire tokens, and every Sorin planeswalker in it. The goal is to just control the board through token effects with Black, gain life with token effects with White, and just Harsh Sustenance, make Sorin put someone to 10 life, or -9 on new Sorin and swing out.
>>
>>46104841
Aaand, how exactly does HoB become an attacker to generate tokens?
>>
>>46105483
Hero attacks a different player then sends the tokens after the player with the archon.
>>
>>46105483
It's not a duel
>>
File: 1365041853156.jpg (631 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
1365041853156.jpg
631 KB, 595x842
>play Oloro control/combo
>have fun playing
>never enjoy winning
>playing Hearthstone tonight
>Freeze Mage
>love the grinding out of my opponent
>realize I like taking the game late and beating an opponent down, not the instant shotgun to the face combo win

I'm actually really happy right now. Finally figured out what it is about my control deck that I didn't like when I love control.

Recommend the best control general /edhg/! Can't wait to start brewing.
>>
>>46105541
Which they can block with Archon and any other creature, yes?
Also, can the tokens legally be declared attacking the player with the Archon?
>>
>>46105650
And a wincon if you don't mind. Fuck Lab Maniac.
>>
>>46105655
Yes, since they never are declared as attackers. They enter the battlefield already attacking, which allows you to attack through Archon and all propaganda effects. Note that you can still attack a planeswalker freely controlled by someone with Archon.
>>
>>46105650
You don't sound like you want control, anon. You want stax.
>>
>>46105650
>>46105694
Keranos MLD tribal
Keranos helps you draw into lands after nuking the board, he survives every wipe red has and he's a great wincon. Get a Crucible of Worlds and you're ready to go collect tears at your LGS
>>
>>46105882
Eh, not a fan of land destruction.
>>
>>46105875
Explain?
I'm interested
>>
>>46105989
Stax is Grind out the Win: The Archetype. The best commanders for it generally allow you to accrue value slowly while also denying your opponent resources. Glissa, Nath, Meren, Shattergang, GAAIV, Sharuum, Hanna, and Teeg are some decent stax choices off the top of my head.
>>
Is torpor orb useful for edh or should I look for something different?
>>
>>46106131
It's incredibly useful, unless your meta is extremely tame and basic.
>>
>>46106131
Play it so long as it doesn't hinder any of your creatures.
>>
>>46106075
I was thinking of GAAIV cause I like the colours and I prefer to stick to 2 instead of 3, cheaper landbase.

Looking up some lists I see a lot of need for planeswalkers to chip opponents out.
>>
File: Image.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>46105989
Teferi (planeswalker) or Brago
Run big artifact mana and Stasis in both. Add any card that makes cards more expensive to cast.
>>
File: 123123435566.png (2 MB, 1722x1030) Image search: [Google]
123123435566.png
2 MB, 1722x1030
Was Playing a Starke deck full of "random" effects to play while drinking earlier and managed to resolve a turn 5 Warp World into this Board by pure chance. Felt bretty good.
>>
>>46105748
do you have a ruling on that? I don't think that is how it works.
>>
>>46108352
508.4. If a creature is put onto the battlefield attacking, its controller chooses which defending player or which planeswalker a defending player controls it’s attacking as it enters the battlefield (unless the effect that put it onto the battlefield specifies what it’s attacking). Such creatures are “attacking” but, for the purposes of trigger events and effects, they never “attacked.”
>>
>>46105963
But how will you deal with cabal coffers and gayas cradle? Those lands need to be blown up because of the enormous advantage they give
>>
File: Scarred Puma_IN.jpg (60 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Scarred Puma_IN.jpg
60 KB, 312x445
Secret tech?
>>
Anyone have any tips for my Shu Yun spellslinger deck? I was thinking of adding Recurring Insight because I tend to dump my hand early but I'm not sure it's a good investment at 6 cmc.
>>
That new tombstone mana rock seems sonewhat decent.
>>
>>46109518
Bad early game which is when you need the ramp the most.
>>
>>46109727
I mean if you are going to be casting any instants or sorceries early or are going to be discarding stuff it works perfectly well. Depends on the deck really.
>>
>>46105204
What were the notable cards you received anon?
>>
>>46109419
windfall if you want to conserve mana
>>
I'm running a Sheoldred Sac/Reanimator deck. Someone in the playgroup gets their Avacyn artifact shenanigans wrecked by constant sacrificing, but now they're building Kaalia of the Vast.

I'm expecting a lot of quick hitters and board wipes. Anything I should consider running for defense?
>>
File: Image.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>46110068
>>
File: what is this shit.png (179 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
what is this shit.png
179 KB, 265x370
>>46101308
>No Lieutenant keyword
I know its' autistic but I feel like an opportunity was passed up, here. Still decent, but c'mon.
>>
Asked this in a Modern general yesterday, didn't get any good responses. Maybe you guys are more knowledgeable.

What product should I buy to teach my friend MtG?
I'm gonna teach him so that he can join in on some kitchen table drafting. He already knows the absolute basics from an hour of Magic Duels, archetypes and mana curve from lots of Hearthstone and I've explained the mechanical differences between the games and what to expect from the five colors. I don't have any cards at hand because me and my group of friends only play drafts and resell the cards to cover costs, so I need a box of cards just for 1-2 sessions of teaching before he can join the drafts.

>Duel Deck
+readymade synergy
+should be balanced against each other
-static, no good way to teach card picking strategy
-might become boring quick

>Deck Builder's Toolkit or boosters + lands
+gets to build his own deck
+two-player drafting possible
-actual matches might become one-sided
-slightly more expensive
>>
>>46110103
Great! Now to counter the inevitable armageddons.
>>
>>46110445
If he's new to magic but not to card games, then I would go with the second option.
The duel decks are best for players who are completely new to TCGs.
If you've got the money to spend of course.
Oh and if he's played hearthstone then I think that he's played enough of the arena (hearthstones draft equivalent) to know that games can be one sided based on what you draft.

Best of luck to you, and I'm sure he'll be able to pick it up fast if he's played hearthstone. The only new concepts would be how to manage a land base and the stack, so make sure you focus on those.
>>
>>46110515
I know you didn't mean counter in the literal sense, but I've found warping wail to be a very good non-blue counterspell for the game winning sorceries in edh. Depending on how fast you empty your hand, null brooch may be good in that deck as well. Other than that I would suggest more mana rocks if you think that land destruction is going to be a problem.
Depending on how many creatures your deck runs, eldrazi monument may be a good wrath counter. If you're not running enough creatures for it to be worth it then you probably don't have to worry about wraths anyways.
If you're worried about getting attacked by kaalia and your opponent dropping rakdos the defiler, master of cruelties, or anything else that gross then just make sure to have the spot removal to deal with it or disable kaalia before she can attack.
Haste granters might be a problem for you since you can't get rid of a lot of them in black easily. Just run the best artifact/enchantment/land destruction you can find.

Best of luck to you friend. I don't think you need to worry about kaalia too much if you play in pods.
>>
File: 50.jpg (61 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
50.jpg
61 KB, 312x445
>>46110068
>>
>>46110640
Sounds good, thanks!
>>
What's a good supplementary General rather than a General you need to build around /edhg/?

Which style do you prefer?
>>
>>46109041
Please die painfully.
>>
File: first response.png (161 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
first response.png
161 KB, 265x370
I wish this card was just a bit better.
I really like the design.
>>
>>46111055
Yeah, Wizards really expected this thing to be more popular than it was, but it turns out people don't like using cards that require them to take damage before doing anything.
>>
>>46103524
>trading during a game on your turn.

I hate this shit.
>>
>>46111055
Should be two 1/1s, right? Or bump up the rarity and have it be how much damage you took.
>>
Which sets are the least dependent on set/block synergy? I need general purpose boosters for a Pick-a-Pack draft.
>>
>>46111155
Or maybe just lowering the cost to 2 or 3?
It went through those during various stages of development, but wizards thought it would be way too good at those for some reason.
I do like your suggestions though.

Funny story. Like >>46111084 said they thought this card would be broken. While they were worrying about this being the next bitter blossom, siege rhino was allowed to be printed without even a glance.
>>
>>46111176
stuff like the ravnica blocks or alara are good as they have lots of multicolor cards and color fixing, avoid kamigawa for parisitic mechanics, and avoid llorwyn/shadowmoor for too much tribal. A few packs of conspiracy can be cool as well, just for throwing in some powerful cards like fact or fiction, brainstorm and swords to plowshares.
>>
>>46111213
They honestly believed that siege rhino wouldn't see play while polukranos was still standard legal
>>
>>46111176
Get stuff from time spiral block. Things get super weird as there's something like over 60 mechanics across the entire block.
>>
>>46111229
Why exactly?
What was going through their heads?
>>
>>46111301
They didn't expect people to embrace the 3 colour emphasis of Khans so readily after the dominance of mono-coloured devotion deck in the previous standard format.
>>
>>46111331
So they expected themselves to fail at implementing the wedges in khans?
Come on wizards.
>>
>>46110736
Thanks mate. I'm always open to new suggestions but I just haven't ever fought a Kaalia before. Definately take those into consideration
>>
I'm playing GW tokens and feel like I'm playing a tier 2 or 3 deck when I play against others.
If I establish a board presence in the first few turns, I get board wiped. If I dont, I usually just lose. I play Rhys with anthems, ramp, elves, and other fatties that enable token synergy, but it just feels either slow or not working right by the time I get things going.
Any secret tech cards that I could be missing?
>>
>>46111331
Well I sure never did. I don't like any more than two colors. Maybe I'm retarded, I just feel like the colors lose their identity at that point.
>>
>>46111176
Avoid Mirrodin blocks. They're by no means bad sets, but they have a lot of cards that care about artifacts, which don't appear in other sets anywhere near as much as in Mirrodin, weakening them somewhat. If you can though, try to get multiple different sets with morph, as it becomes really difficult to guess what it could possibly be. Is it an abzan guide? Is it an echo tracer? Is it akroma, angel of fury? Who knows, that's the fun
>>
>>46111461
It is hard to make 3 colour cards that reflect all 3 colours. That's why they kept it to 1 set rather than a whole block, and why you get alara cards which don't fully reflect their colour identity. Seriously, what about Thraximundar is blue?
>>
>>46111474
The flavor text, the paint is illusionists magic.
>>
>>46111474
I'm more confused as to why he's an assassin.
Like I can understand them fucking up the colors, but how exactly is Thraximundar an assassin?
>>
>>46111055
>>46111084
>>46111155
didnt they have to change it in dev? something like it took over the ffl?
>>
>>46111533
yes >>46111213
that's exactly what happened
>>
I have never played commander, I don't even know how, other than you are supposed to only use 1 of every card except for basic lands and use 1 commander legendary creature
>>
>>46111526
They have to sacrifice a creature when he attacks. That's kind of like assassinating someone.
>>
>>46111474
Ummmmmm
Got it.
He can't stop thinking. Thinking about how much he wants to murder you. That's blue, right?
>>
>>46111589
Pretty much that, but they have to be in the same colour identity of the legendary creature. If your commander is mono-coloured, eg. Brimaz, you can only use white and colourless cards. If a commander is multicoloured, eg. Thraximundar, you can use blue, red and black cards.

Interestingly, if a creature is a certain colour, but has a different colour activation cost for an effect, eg. Alesha, you can use white and red cards as they are part of the identity.

You cannot use cards whose colours don't fit in though, notably hybrid cards or cards with off-coloured activation effects
>>
File: 20160318_184348.jpg (454 KB, 1404x1881) Image search: [Google]
20160318_184348.jpg
454 KB, 1404x1881
This is my store's EDH banlist. How do you feel about it?
>>
>>46111592
I mean yeah, but at that point so is shooting a gun into a crowd of people.
Even in his story he slays everything without reason or care.
>>
>>46111632
>all those commanders banned
>no Oloro
That's dumb. a lot of those bans are really dumb, especially reliquary tower.
>>
>>46111632
Hahaha what the fuck?
It might as well say "only small children and S̶h̶e̶l̶d̶o̶n̶ ̶M̶e̶n̶e̶r̶y̶ casual scrubs may play here".
Why is Purphuros, God of the Foge on the watch list for the 99? Is it because it's too similar to the god of the forge?
>>
>>46111632
Some of those I can understand, but why Sigarda?
>>
>>46111636
well the guy who started WW1 just walked up to a car drunk in broad daylight and blew a guy's brains out and he still qualified as an assassin
>>
>>46111632
>Craterhoof

well memed
>>
>>46111724
That's true, but he still killed a specific person that he had planned to kill.
Lorewise Thraximundar just goes around and kills what's in front of him. He doesn't even particularly care what he's killing even.
For the card it's the same thing. He kills something yeah, but it wasn't targeted in the slightest.
>>
>>46111213
Siege Rhino was literally given trample so it could get past the soldier tokens that would be infesting standard
>>
>>46111730
What's even the point of banning craterhoof when dead-eye navigator is already banned?
>>
>>46111632
Meh, I think your store's pretty ban-happy with no good reason.

I mean, the only thing on that list which affects any of my decks is the ban on Reliquary Tower (which is the most retarded of the lot BTW), but still I wouldn't support any of those bans.

Also I'm 100% up for people playing Purphoros. They're basically painting a gigantic target right on their face.
>>
>>46111632
>land destruction
>rel tower
>rite of replication
>my main man Purphoros
Beyond triggered. Time to find a new store pronto.
>>
>>46111669
>>46111670
>>46111715
>>46111730
>>46111768
>>46111773
I've never played EDH there so I don't know what caused their banlist's creation, I just know that it used to be a lot shorter two or so years ago.
>>
>>46111781
>I don't know what caused their banlist's creation
Ravaged rectums I would imagine
>>
>>46111632
I can understand the majority of the commander list because theyre banning a lot of the upper tier guys. But Vorinclex, Jin Gitaxis, Sigarda, and even Kokusho dont make a whole lot of sense and seem to be there just as'feel bad' bans.

The rest of it is just a weird jumble though. They banned some MLD (namely the lower cmc ones) but still left a lot of options to be used for MLD which makes their stance on MLD fuzzy. Some of the rest are understandable but theres also a lot of others that just dont make sense (Reliquary Tower? Really? The fuck is wrong with the Tower?).
>>
>>46111754
I meant 'without a glance' as in them not even considering it to be a broken card.
I am well aware that they upped the power level of the rhino in response to this.
>>
>>46111632
What the fuck store is this that the banlist is basically "common wincons"

Also for what possible fucking reason is rel tower banned?
>>
>>46111781
There's a reason that these cards aren't actually banned. An actually competitive commander deck wins (or locks the game down) by turn 2-3. Most of these cards cost a lot more than that and don't outright win you the game.
>>
>>46111632
But Purphoros is one of the few good mono-red commanders. Who else are you supposed to use? Norin the Wary? Ashling the Pilgrim? Lovisa coldeyes?
>>
>>46111781
> I don't know what caused their banlist's creation
People who enjoy dragging a game out for 4 hours becuse god forbid someone win a fucking game reasonably quickly.
>>
>>46111822
I mean you could use Daretti. He's probably more deserving of being on this list than Purph. Speaking of things that I would think this fucking stupid list would have, where's shit bird?
>>
>>46111790
I've been sitting here wondering that myself. It's a fun, fair card and shouldn't ever lead to a feel-bad scenario all by itself. And maybe if the dumbasses didn't ban Ruination it would be answerable.
Everyone likes drawing cards and big hands, why would you deny you and your fellow players that? Only thing I can guess is someone got rekt by a 40/40 Psychosis Crawler with trample or something. Or someone playing dimir is good at sweet talking.
>>
>>46111848
The only recourse is keep building the highest tier commander available until the crybabies force it to be banned. Continue rebuilding and stomping these pathetic scrubs until the banlist is several pages long, a monument to Gitting Gud.
>>
>>46111632
how the hell can people not deal with Jin ? Its ten mana and even with reanimation or flash, the moment he comes down people immediately just destroy him with their removal
>>
>>46111632
>armageddon banned
>not ravages of war
Poorfags cannot into mld
>>
>>46111632
>Bans Req Tower
>Bans Gin
???????????
>>
>>46111632
Im surprised they didn't ban sen triplets or rakdos lord of riots and mogis god of slaughter

Also i have sen triplets and haven't made a edh deck for them since i play with my shards of alara block friends. Am i missing out on a good deck
>>
File: Holy long black object.png (364 KB, 465x461) Image search: [Google]
Holy long black object.png
364 KB, 465x461
>>46111632
>sharuum
>arcum
>blightsteel
>Mycosynth lattice
>mfw my deck is banned

But seriously why mycosynth?
Based on that list I guess somebody myconsynthed and dropped march of the machines.
>>
>>46112484
Or any mass artifact destruction.
>>
How viable is Avacyn and big angels with tokens? I dream of the worldslayer×avacyn combo, and one-sided armageddons, but I hear often it's slow.

I know mono white isn't competitive due to the inherent restrictions of the color but my playgroup isn't terribly overpowered. The only crazy commander we've had was Azami but he quit that shit when everyone started locking him down early.
>>
>>46111632
Gay Store
>>
What is the best site for online trading? nobody wants my EDH good cards and i need some modern staples.
>>
>>46112726
In more competitive circles? Not very.

In more kitchen table scenarios? Can be backbreaking.

Mono white is hard to make competitive without using specific strategies and/or a lot of cash. Even then youre hard pressed to make it tier 1.5.
>>
Who has made a deck just to piss of some people in your play group? There are a few people at my store who only ever play voltron commanders or have a deck that would durdle with out the commander, so I'm going to ruin their fun and teach them to run protection for their key creatures.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mrs-steal-yo-girl-2/
>>
>>46112726
>>46112932
I didnt actually read your second paragraph before posting.

Avacyn as a creature is a huge problem for the unprepared and building her as boardwipes.dec would likely be pretty strong in a meta thats not hugely powerful. The main thing would just be to invest in aome decent artifact ramp (Sol Ring, Thran Dynamo, Mindstone, etc) and some extra protection for Avacyn (namely things that grant hexproof/shroud).

For the rest of the deck I would go angel/human tribal because theres some synergy between the two and having the humans gives you things to do before turn 4 or 5. Maybe stuff like Elesh Norn or Crovax, Ascendant Hero to act as psuedo wipes against lower power stuff and anthems for you. Also, Urzas Incubator naming angels would likely help a lot.

The deck would likely be a decent mid power level.
>>
>>46112932
What about mono white would require a lot of cash? Much of the typical mana ramp is pretty cheap with the exception of shit like mana crypt
>>
>>46111632
>no one builds their decks with answers
>get reckt by combo
>store has to save the scrubs

Every time.
>>
>>46112993
>>46112932
Isnt avacyn's identity boros? So shouldnt you be able to also play red stuff?
>>
File: 1450108489796.png (157 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1450108489796.png
157 KB, 500x366
>>46111632
>Vorinclex, Jin-Git butthurt
>Derevi and Oloro nowhere to be seen
>Reliquary Tower
>>
>>46111632
>mycosynth lattice
>reliquary tower
>ruination

I couldn't stand being there. It's amazing Blood Moon isn't on there too.
>>
>>46113155
A lot of necessary cards are still a bit expensive. My deal right now for not building Linvala control is that I can't afford her or most of the pieces.
>>
>>46113219
That's new avacyn. I'm talking mono white regular DON'T TOUCH MY SHIT avacyn
>>
I have a question /edhg/. If they allowed all planeswalkers to be your general, like the did in the precons, would it be a neat thing that would create new and interesting decks, or would it fuck up the format something fierce?
>>
>>46111632
>Jhoira ban
They are really that noob?
Is not that hard to beat Jhoira!
>>
>>46113384
Might be fun, but I'm not sure if many people would use them though
>>
>>46113384
The most broken would be tezzeret (both flavors but i would favor the seeker) and maybe Bolas
>>
>>46113384
Sorin
>>
>>46113384
Both. Some would be really neat, but some are just too good to not break things. Also the price of cards like doubling season and anything with proliferate would skyrocket in price.
>>
>>46113384
Most walkers are just worse than the legendaries availables
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>46105748
Nope. That's like saying Worship means you can still die to damage. Creature tokens attacking you would still be fucking attacking you.
>>
>>46108444
So they get blocked (and killed) by any number of creatures you already have in the field? Including the giant flying sword and lion guy?
>>
>>46113528
Look shit up before you shit all over game mechanics and mislead people.

They don't declare attacks, they are put into play attacking. The last fucking thread had a ruling link available for this same question
>>
>>46113836
Yes. They're attacking you. The card clearly says creatures cannot attack you. Declaring attacks does not matter, the creatures are still attacking. The card doesn't not say "Creatures cannot declare attacks against you".
>>
>>46113528
508.4. [A creature] put onto the battlefield attacking [is] “attacking” but [it] never “attacked.”
509.7. [A creature] put onto the battlefield blocking (...) is “blocking” but (...) it never “blocked.”

Retard
>>
>>46113861
If a creature says "Cannot be blocked" it cannot be blocked period. If it says "creatures cannot declare to block this creature" it'd be different.
>>
>>46113859
You need to understand the fundamental difference between Attack and Attacking. It's actually important.
>>
>>46113859
here's a secret numbnuts, "creatures can't attack" actually reads in the rules as "creatures can't be declared as attackers against you". A creature put into play attacking is not declared an attacker and gets around that rule, the same way Flash Foliage can put a saproling into play blocking an unblockable creature, or even a flying one (it's even depicted in the fucking art, nice job wizards). Notice how Phantom Warrior reads "unblockable" while new versions read "can't be blocked"

so shut the fuck up loser
>>
>>46113886
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/300489-blazing-archon-question
>>
>>46113905
>>46113889
>>46113886
>>46113861
>>46113859
>>46113836
>>46113528
Judge here. The tokens wouldn't be able to block due to the last time this happened a judge got a broken jaw and three people were banned from the event.
>>
>>46113924
Of course the tokens can't block they're put into play attacking. What the fuck would they even block
>>
>>46108968
I run Ghost Quarter, Wasteland, and other things that can get rid of single lands.
>>
>>46104841
except your tokens are still creatures?
>>
File: Image.png (157 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
157 KB, 223x311
>>46111439
>>
What is a good general for humans with backup angels as protection?
>>
>>46114761
so far see mikeaus and anagenza

not sure that I want to go mono white though
>>
>>46114789
anafenza
>>
What are good combos for Marchesa?
Any alt. wincons I should keep in mind?
>>
>>46114761
>>46114789
>>46114842
Saffi could work too.
>>
>>46102503
For ditching my hand, i'd rather use Thought Gorger, Loleth Troll or Grimoire of the Dead. For tutoring just use Sidisi or Jarad's Orders.

If you're playing reanimator and have 7 mana lying around, someone should be dead or about to be dead.
>>
>>46114761
New Sigarda.
>>
File: 1457981185970.gif (3 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1457981185970.gif
3 MB, 240x180
>>46111632
Holy jumping shitballs anon. You might want to find somewhere else to play desu.

Sounds like that store is full of scrubs who won't have answers in their decks and just get assblasted by any form of comboing.
>>
>>46115318
If I were that anon I would 100% just keep making decks solely to combo out on the other players and make it a game to see how much stuff I could get banned before I was what got banned.
>>
>>46115558
This. They deserve it
>>
>>46111632
>Reliquary Tower
>>
>>46113155
Most white decks that I see on the higher side of white decks have the full equipment eackage and the lots of fast mana/rocks.
>>
>>46113924
Did you read the thread?
>>
>>46113384
I shudder to think of a BG Vraska deck.
>>
>>46111632
I'm sure this is bait, the inclusion of things like Sigarda and Reliquary Tower is just too absurd. I don't believe this is your store's real banlist, anon.
>>
>>46113859
There are few things in these threads more entertaining than idiots who stubbornly refuse to accept that rules work a certain way even when the rules in question are quoted to them repeatedly.

They're basically saying "I don't understand it so it can't work that way, damn your rules, that's not how I read the card." It's equal parts endearing and fucking retarded.
>>
>>46111632
Your store fucking sucks, anon. I hope you're not giving them money if they pull shit like that.
>>
Post actual, extremely top secret classified tech. (No pumas please)
>>
File: Tivadar's Crusade_DK.jpg (57 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Tivadar's Crusade_DK.jpg
57 KB, 312x445
actual, extremely top secret classified tech. (No pumas please)
>>
>>46116756
T A I N T E D
S T R I K E
>>
>store was retarded enough to softban MLD
>my monoblack deck now ramps better than the ramp decks, makes tokens better than the token decks, gains life better than the lifegain decks, recurs my graveyard better than the reanimator decks, and even does voltron better than the voltron decks
Get fucked, Kalitas for life.

>>46116740
Fucking Dawn of the Dead.

>>46116761
Don't forget Traitor's Clutch with that baby.
>>
File: IMG_20160315_132042.jpg (94 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160315_132042.jpg
94 KB, 375x523
Does your LGS allow custom cards? I tried to use this and everyone gave me disgusted looks...
I don't want to have to find another game shop how do I stop them from hating me? I've tried hugging them already to repair our relationship damage, and that didn't work. Nobody wants to play with me anymore. Please help me /TG/.
>>
>>46116812
Why even fucking bother? At least the Puma guy is somewhat interesting but you lack a lot of things particularly any actual effort being put into your shitposting.
>>
>>46106935
Brago is my favorite right now. I love when you get to stack infinite Brago triggers and make your opponents sac all their permanents.
>>
>>46105650
>>46105989
>>46106227
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/allergic-to-fun-gaa4-competitive-stax/
This is an old version of my current list. Your friends will hate you. Grow stronger from that.
>>
File: scarred_puma.jpg (87 KB, 581x420) Image search: [Google]
scarred_puma.jpg
87 KB, 581x420
hello it is i, the meme cat
quick victories and mythic rares will come to you but only if you post "thanks meme puma" in this thread
>>
>>46116837
Only the Puma guy would claim that Puma guy is somewhat interesting. Go fuck yourself faggot.
>>
>>46117224
I am not actually the Puma poster.
>>
>>46117417
You are now, faggot.
>>
>>46117417
>>46117456
there is a little puma poster in all of us
>>
I'm a new MtG player, i've only played pauper so far and i like the green color, i want to get into EDH because everyone at my FLGS plays it everyday after events or when there aren't any
What is a good precon commander deck i could get and upgrade without having to skip rent
>>
>>46111632
It's shit.
>>
>>46117628
Hunt down one of the pre-con commander decks. The White-Black Daxos or Green-Black Meren pre-cons are a good starting point for edh.
>>
>>46116756
Until Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth gets banned, which I don't think will ever happen.
>>
File: 58-incarnation-filth.jpg (83 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
58-incarnation-filth.jpg
83 KB, 312x445
>>46117712
Fug, forgot pic.
>>
>>46110231

Would be hard to implement in a non-EDH specific product.
>>
>>46117683
The Green-Blue deck is also arguably okay and most of the cards that would make it much better are pretty much dollar rares save for Doubling Season.
>>
>>46117765
Doubling season is just overkill in that deck, all you need is 3-4 experience counters for that deck to kill people quick.
>>
File: Ornithopter_M10.jpg (61 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Ornithopter_M10.jpg
61 KB, 312x445
>Post jank cards that members of your playgroup/local meta irrationally hate

There is this one dude in my local playgroup that hates this card so much, that he will do everything in his power to obliterate it. I have seen him spend boardwipes on it, with it being the only thing on the battlefield. The first time was 'wut the fug', the second time was lulzy, the third time was confusing, but every time after that, it has just been getting me angrier and angrier. I literally want to punch him in the face whenever he wastesaid removal on this piece of shit.
>>
>>46117619
No, there isn't. Stop trying to justify your faggotry.
>>
>>46117794
You should just see this as an opportunity to run Ornithopter in all your decks and use it to bait out his wraths.
>>
>>46117786
True. Ran the deck with Blighted Agent and some other Infect creatures. Had to remove them all because it took out all the fun.
>>
>>46117628
Just get the mono green precon from 2014, it isn't horrible.
>>
>>46117847
You know, I have been thinking about that for a while, but didn't want to because it seemed stupid but now that another anon thought of it, I'll get right on it.
>>
File: darkness.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
darkness.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>46109041
Hello my old friend.
>>
File: Debt of Loyalty.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Debt of Loyalty.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>46116756
>>
>>46101910
Edh gets boring sometimes and lasts too long
Tiny is by far the more fun version
Also anyone have a sweet tiny Marath combo ideas?
>>
>>46111632
>Has known op shit on ban
>Does have berserk or Hatred banned
lol
>>
>>46111632
Welp, I never plan on playing there. That is the issue. Will that banlist bring in more players to compensate for the ones who leave. If there are other game stores in the area you may just be handing them more business.
>>
>>46111747
His type should be warrior or berserker.
>>
>>46118496
I love this card so much. No one ever expects it. Plus, it's illustrated by the best nazi artist WotC ever hired.
>>
>>46114867
Insurrection and a sac engine.
>>
>>46116812
Probably because yo>>46116812
u didn't destroy your library appropriately. It's generally considered polite to offer cuts before you destroy it (make sure to bring scissors, not everyone comes prepared!). That's how we do it in my playgroup anyways. Also, only scrubs use hugs you fucking casual. If you aren't grabbing their crotch you aren't really trying to repair your relationship. Git gud.
>>
>>46117619
If you're implying that puma poster has a tiny penis, constantly trying to fuck all of us, then sure.
>>
File: 1456638246055.gif (2 MB, 280x242) Image search: [Google]
1456638246055.gif
2 MB, 280x242
>>46115558
Even as a casual kitchen table player, I'm okay with this.
>>
>>46118159
You'll be doing yourself and the group a favor. Maybe get other players to start running them too.
>>
>>46116756
Dualcaster mage + twinflame or heatshimmer.
>>
Best wincons with Jarad? I'm aware of Mikey + Triskelion, and Mikey + Woodfall Primus + Ashnod's Altar.
>>
>>46116740
Omnath, Locus of Rage + Perilous Forays
>>
>>46119458
Lord of Extinction?
>>
>>46119458
If you're already playing the triskelion you might as well play necrotic ooze/phyrexian devourer too.

Lord of extinction lets you win games pretty fast too.
>>
>>46119458
Wall of Blood
>>
>>46118881
Tiny leaders? More like tiny cocks.
>>
>>46119266
A zero mana Wrath on command in any deck seems like a good investment.
>>
File: silence.jpg (61 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
silence.jpg
61 KB, 312x445
>>46118496
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound
Of Silence
>>
>>46119458
I've played Jarad since the duel decks released. Personal favorites include:
Lord of Extinction
Phyrexian Devourer
Necrotic Ooze/Triskelion/Phyrexian Devourer combo
Nath of the Gilt-Leaf+Sadistic Hypnotist (this one isn't that commonly seen in Jarad lists, but I like both pieces on their own well enough)
Living Death
Sewer Nemesis
Rogue's Passage and/or Shizo, Death's Storehouse to give Jarad evasion as an alternate non-combo wincon.
Pay attention to how much grave hate your group runs. If it is low, you can go full on graveyard combo, but in more hate heavy groups you will probably need to mix in goodstuff and ramp.
>>
Post your pride and joy.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/current-titania-protector-of-argoth-1/
>>
>>46119468
+amulet of vigor = Omnathgasm.
>>
>>46115558
It would be a contest to see what the dumbest card you can get them to ban is. One week you'd show up with Grenzo trying to get Soldevi Digger banned. The following week a Tasigur player would get Hornet Sting banned.
>>
>>46120374
The best deck idea I ever had: A deck that can do everything, yet does nothing. The pure essence of unidentity. A 100 card stack nothingness. Behold! The cosplay deck!

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shima-shima-the-cutest-cosplayer/
>>
>>46121204
>Grenzo trying to get Soldevi Digger banned
That was one of them that I was thinking exactly about.
>>
File: smhtbhoniifam.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
smhtbhoniifam.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>>46111632
>>46116038
Back again, I checked their site and it's even worse.

http://thegamecloset.com/wp/events?entry=142

>Also, any card that grants an extra turn is exiled and cannot be retrieved nor cast for again by any player. Players may not take more than two turns in a row.

>Players will be broken down into groups of 4-6 players. Only on rare occasions (once or twice a year) do players participate in one-on-one games.

>No card or ability can be activated, nor can any spell be played, nor any ability triggered, more than three times in a turn before turn 8. After turn eight, it can be done up to four times. Players can’t take more than two consecutive turns.

>After the 12th turn of the table, there is no limitation. These rules exist to limit combos to a point and to keep Monday nights fun.

>Players are encouraged to relax and enjoy themselves. This is Magic at its most casual level. Everyone should focus on enjoying themselves. Everyone gets to play their cards as they choose. Sure there will be some table politics, but keep them to a minimum. You’re not playing for high stakes here.

>If a player wins a pod, they MAY NOT play that deck the following week.
>>
Is it possible to revert your tapped out decklist to the original state ? I want to change it back without having to pull my cards out (am at work) to post here
>>
>>46122105
Oh my god, this is too much.
>No card or ability can be activated, nor can any spell be played, nor any ability triggered, more than three times in a turn before turn 8. After turn eight, it can be done up to four times. Players can’t take more than two consecutive turns.

>If a player wins a pod, they MAY NOT play that deck the following week.

>Remember to have fun.

How do these idiots even live?
>>
>>46122105
>This is Magic at its most casual level.
Damn, right it is. Only casuals could come up with such an awkward and arbitrary autocracy and still expect people to "relax and enjoy themselves."
>>
>>46122202
>Someone only has one deck
>win's pod
>gets told they can't play next week
seems good, at least it lets them reconsider playing at that store.
>>
>>46122332
Well they could always buy a new EDH deck from the store :^)

Don't be afraid to experiment :^)
>>
So, when making a proxy for a general, how crucial is each bit of information?

Name obviously has to be visible, but would you personally dismiss a general proxy if it's missing its p/t <for a general who typically isn't in combat>, mana cost, or effect, or type line?
>>
>>46122531
Just pull up a picture of your commander on your phone then use that as your commander.
>>
>>46122332
>about to win
>kill all opponents except that one guy you can't stand
>concede
>get to play the same deck again next week, he can't play his deck
kek
>>
>>46122531
I set the standard for proxies in my playgroup to a print of the cardscan, so that's what I'd expect. Keeps the cards readable and consistent with the rest of the table.
>>
>>46122531
Are you such a lazy bitch you can't write all of that? Or even print it out? Fuck, if you can't buy the card, at least put in a modicum of effort proxying it.
>>
>>46111632
>Derevi unbanned
Well, at least they got Zur.
>>
>>46119458
im a bit of a newbie to playing magic that isnt kitchen table format.

Is this deck centered around jarad?

could you possibly list the cards in the deck?
>>
File: 1456938139106.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1456938139106.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>46103409
>proxying a competitive EDH deck
>>
>>46122701
It's not so much a matter of difficulty as much as I was hoping to emphasise its art; a real copy of it will also be available, and a proxy is solely for cosmetic reasons.
>>
>>46122724
Pasting from Cockatrice, it's an altered Meren deck from the precon a friend bought for me. SB is stuff I'm looking to fit in

1 Awakening Zone
1 Champion of Stray Souls
1 Indrik Stomphowler
1 Skullclamp
1 Verdant Force
1 Golgari Charm
1 Sol Ring
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Bloodspore Thrinax
1 Wood Elves
1 Corpse Augur
1 Pathbreaker Ibex
1 Greater Good
1 Acidic Slime
1 Rise from the Grave
1 Terramorphic Expanse
1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
1 High Market
1 Stitch Together
1 Terastodon
1 Evolving Wilds
1 Primal Growth
1 Eternal Witness
1 Ambition's Cost
1 Butcher of Malakir
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Scourge of Nel Toth
1 Extractor Demon
1 Polluted Mire
1 Tainted Wood
1 Sever the Bloodline
1 Victimize
1 Vulturous Zombie
1 Putrefy
1 Viridian Emissary
1 Golgari Signet
1 Thought Vessel
1 Command Tower
1 Oracle of Mul Daya
1 Slippery Karst
1 Grim Backwoods
1 Mycoloth
1 Shriekmaw
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Barter in Blood
1 Tribute to the Wild
1 Viridian Zealot
1 Diabolic Servitude
10 Forest
10 Swamp
1 Temple of the False God
1 Gray Merchant of Asphodel
1 Deathrite Shaman
1 Nest Invader
1 Caustic Caterpillar
1 Savra, Queen of the Golgari
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Rune-Scarred Demon
1 Zulaport Cutthroat
1 Yavimaya Elder
1 Genesis Wave
1 Reassembling Skeleton
1 Golgari Grave-Troll
1 Dread Return
1 Mosswort Bridge
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Woodland Cemetery
1 Llanowar Wastes
1 Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord
1 Satyr Wayfinder
1 Sheoldred, Whispering One
1 Phyrexian Arena
1 Mulch
1 Grisly Salvage
1 Reanimate
1 Strip Mine
1 Tainted Strike
1 Wretched Confluence
1 Exsanguinate
1 Sign in Blood
1 Pelakka Wurm
SB: 1 Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
SB: 1 Sewer Nemesis
SB: 1 Nezumi Graverobber
SB: 1 Krosan Tusker
SB: 1 Hatred
SB: 1 Fleshbag Marauder
SB: 1 Life // Death
SB: 1 Disciple of Bolas
SB: 1 Necromancy
SB: 1 Woodfall Primus
SB: 1 Lord of Extinction
SB: 1 Nighthowler
>>
>>46122105
I feel like it would be hilarious to tax/silence/tutor for 12 turns and then just combo everyone the fuck out. What a bunch of memers. They might as well unban Time Walk, it's not doing much more than Orim's Chant in THAT metagame.
>>
>>46122816
Ohh, that's a whole different story then. Why not just get one altered?
>>
>>46121263
God, you weebs make me sick. Do you have to inject your nip bullshit into everything you do?
>>
>>46122967
I've already got custom art I commissioned anyway, and an acetone-cleaned garbage foil, so all I need at current point is to figure out what sort of template to use in MSE, and how much to paste onto it before printing it onto a transparent sheet.
>>
>>46121263
That's a pretty cool idea, I like it.
>>
>>46117129
This guy so funny i puma pants
>>
The next expansion after Shadow over Innsmouth netter be the egyptian themed set as promised, the thought of a sultai sobek crocodile tribal woth sac effects has my cunt wet
>>
>>46123053
I, personally, am not a weeb. I do think it's funny to trigger anti-weebs like yourself.
>>
>>46123128
Thanks! Started as a joke deck until it started to win games and I got philosophical about it.
>>
>>46113155
Moat
>>
>>46115558
Cards that will cause maximum butthurt for no good reason:

>>Ad Nauseum
>>Doomsday
>>Tooth and Nail
>>Palinchron
>>Azusa
>>Azami
>>Dust Bowl
>>Crucible of Worlds + Ghost Quarter
Note: Ghost quarter usually causes MORE butthurt than the clearly superior strip mine due to people simply running out of lands to slap down. This requires things like exploration that let you play Ghost Quarter several times a turn, otherwise just use strip mine. I don't understand the asspain, but it's a thing.
>>
File: saffi-eriksdotter.jpg (67 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
saffi-eriksdotter.jpg
67 KB, 480x680
>>46101308
>picture for ants

c'mon man let us appreciate Saffi's ass, a miracle of the universe in all its splendor
>>
File: I can punch guy.jpg (29 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
I can punch guy.jpg
29 KB, 401x367
>>46125012
>People not being able to play the game because they have no lands, the butthurt is real

>people playing blue and countering anything you try to do, totally fair its just a game bro :^)

>Forced to play U/x/x so you can actually play the game

>Mfw nice format broham
>>
Just ordered Wade into Battle for a friend that wants to play magic, his choice even though I recommended the Daxos one because I have some stuff for it. I'm getting Seize Control and adding most of the UR storm stuff I could grab for under a buck. Are they gonna be close enough that he can still win some games or should I gimp my deck a little?
>>
>>46125336
It should be fine. Since the precons aren't big on tutors, your games won't be consistently one-sided.
>>
>>46111176
Anything pre-Mirage.
>>
>>46125336
>daxos
>not merren
Its like you dont want your friend to play magic
>>
>>46125478
Tbh it's just because I'm a cheap fucker, Daxos is $10 cheaper and I have upgrades for it already. Plus I thought he'd like the playstyle better.
>>
>>46125012
Nevermore naming their commander.
Pithing Needle/Phyrexian Revoker naming commanders they neuter (Planeswalker commander players will be extra salty).
>>
>>46120374
This list looks great, I might have to copy it! As for my pride and joy, here it is:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bladewing-dragon-reanimator-1/
>>
>>46125236
>2015
>People still salty about counterspells

Jesus, this is a multiplayer format, if there is a format where counterspells are weak it's this one. The large majority of them are 1-for-1's, and even the good ones can only be played as one ofs. Blue is strong as hell in EDH, but counterspells are not the reason why, it's the unparalleled card draw.
>>
>>46111632
Wtf?
> Sigarda as commander
> Reliquary Tower
> Rite of Replication

Reliquary Tower is the most absurd ban I've ever seen desu. Can't stop shaking my head.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.