[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: 1412966403922.png (277 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
1412966403922.png
277 KB, 410x410
Last thread: >>46040196

http://pastebin.com/gsYUFPGD

Tell us about your best session ever!

Also: your favourite faction / clan / whatever (from WoD or CoD)?
>>
>>46057646
>inb4 fagness
>>
>>46057682
>induring fagness
>>
>>46056221
>Does this sound interesting or shit?

Sounds good, desu fampai.

Tell me more: will the rumors be true or there's no Methuselah?
If there will be: who's (s)he? Anyone from the metaplot?

And what about this tactical squad?
How many members / players will it have?
>>
Why would someone play something that is not Mage? Don't they realize the other splats will never even get one one fraction of the power a mage wields?
>>
>>46057766
We're playing RPGs, all of us are betas by nature
>>
File: ae0.jpg (36 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
ae0.jpg
36 KB, 479x492
>>46057728
>>
>>46057766

Does it really matter what aesthetic you're using to roll buckets of dice?
>>
>>46057766
It's called roleplay, not powerplay. You filthy peasant.

Some just want to experience playing the role of a nonMage loser.
>>
>>46057766
Not everyone is so impotent in their real lives they can only enjoy escaping as something more powerful than themselves.
>>
>>46057766

While I'm a huge Mage fan (MtA), mages are the most "human" of all the supernatural creatures in the World of Darkness, thus they're the weakest.

A werewolf or a vamp could literally rip apart a mage.
And they also have "magical" skills / abilities, not just the superior physical power.
>>
>The Gentleman Gamer may have just confirmed we'll see Sekhem sorcerers in the Dark Eras Companion

it's a good day to be atamajakki
>>
>>46057785
>>46057841
>>46057850
>>46057866
Bet you don't play D&D Wizards either
>>
>>46057766
>Why would someone play something that is not Mage?

Because Vampire is the most popular game of both WoD and CoD?
>>
>>46057894
Druids/Clerics are far more overpowered. Though it depends on the edition.
>>
>>46057766
>"Mages are the most powerful"
>can't live too much longer than a human lifetime
>if you do achieve immortality, it's either fragile or cruel enough to have the Pentacle try to crush you

Shit taste.
>>
>>46057887
>it's a good day to be atamajakki
except you're still atamajakki
>>
>>46057785
>>46057806
>>46057841
>>46057850
>>46057866
>>46057904
>>46057923

>Translation: I enjoy being a cuck

Alrighty then
>>
>>46057923
>Mages can't be immortal with ease

This is like the "mana is hard to come by so their powers being free is balanced" bull isn't it
>>
>>46057894
>>46057943

Dude, I'm this >>46057866 and I just said that MtA is my favourite game!
>>
>>46057952
>if it involves hard work, it's too much work, give me everything now
the clarion call of the millennials
>>
>>46057943
I'm really impressed how many answers you got on that low quality bait. Kudos to you, Anon.
Guess everyone here is a bit bored right now waiting on new releases.
>>
>>46057971
>>46057866
>mages are the most "human" of all the supernatural creatures in the World of Darkness, thus they're the weakest.

Being a sarcastic arsehole does not make your post any less suck-offy of mage
>>
>>46057952

Any immortality spell can be dispelled, immediately killing you.
>>
File: dgsege.gif (315 KB, 330x184) Image search: [Google]
dgsege.gif
315 KB, 330x184
>>46058002

Chill buddy, everything's ok.
>>
>>46058028
Spell to stop you aging. If it gets dispelled, worst thing that happens is you start aging again. and there are any number of ways to fix being old, not least a numen designed specifically for that purpose
>>
>>46058028
>the clarion call of the millennials
Unless you get them as an attainment. Also, no reason the dispell should kill you, would just make you age again.
>>
>>46058029
>mages are the weakest because they have no inherent weaknesses like sunlight, wasteland or essence bleed

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
>>
>>46058066
whoops, got the wrong quote in there for some reason
>>
DARK ERAS IS AT PARADOX FOR APPROVAL AND WILL THEN GO TO BACKERS
>>
>>46057887

>Sekhem sorcery

Fucking finally! I've been waiting four goddamn years for this!
>>
Is this some sort of weird false-flag operation to make people hate Mage and Mage players?

I've never met somebody who actually plays Mage who acts like this.
>>
>>46058119
people already hate mage and mage players
they're just willing to give 2e another chance
>>
>>46058108
Sekhem sorcerers.
>>
>>46058119
Mage players are insufferable because their pet splat demolishes everything else then they act butthurt when you suggest they;re a powergaming fantasy fuckwit who might as well play D&D
>>
>>46058119

While the average Mage player isn't as retarded as the posters in these threads, the official forums and elsewhere are full of Mage fans who try to explain away the entire rest of the setting as being shittier facets of Mage.

I've seen people claim Father Wolf was the familiar of an archmage, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>46058181
Yeah, that's exactly the kind of Mage fan I have never witnessed outside fans of other splats doing sarcastic impressions.
Where is that coming from?
>>
>>46058181
Most actual Mage players I know are the ones pointing out how Mages can't actually do most of the OP bullshit the Magewankers like to go on about.

Most Magewankers have never actually played Mage and just like to fantasize about it and jerk off.
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-phone-skins-and-mugs-whaaaat/
>>
>>46058119

1, It's just a meme

2, Powergamers really like to play Mages

3, Mages lack the "darkness" that defines WoD and CoD.
Thus they don't fit into the setting.
It's like the Tau from Warhammer 40k.

That's all.
But as I said: it's just a meme.
>>
>>46058211
>Where is that coming from?

It's more the persecution complex than anything. Mages get the best powers, the cheapest powers, the least disadvantages, the most options, their game universe trumps everything else, they're the objective correct choice of you get to pick what you are in the WoD/CofD, they're broken as fuck in a game with inter-operability behind the design. and yet they cry that they're not actually that broken because the ST can just Fiat them if they want, like that is a balancing factor.
>>
File: fhrg333.gif (7 MB, 300x320) Image search: [Google]
fhrg333.gif
7 MB, 300x320
>>46058270
Best explanation I've ever heard.
>>
>>46058242

>No CofD stuff

Well, dang.
>>
>>46058248
But Mages have more darkness in many ways.
>Your own personal hubris can and likely will lead to your ruin and the ruin of those around you
>You know that the world around you is a depressing Lie
>You know that there IS a patriarchy, a The Man, a shadowy evil that keeps its foot on the world's face.
>In fact, there are eleven of them, and they have minions and worshipers.
>There are people and things that want to kill you for existing
>You have phenomenal cosmic power and there's no instruction manual
>The political parties are filled with religious nutjobs (who might be right)
>Abandoning them means being a sheep with no shepherd in a field of wolves
>Getting "what I want" means tempting fate with danger
>Your mistakes and missteps cause harm to those around you and allow literal darkness and evil to enter the world
>The darkness trapped in the world will often seek you out
>Your antagonists are obsessive researchers, broken inquisitors, soul eaters, patrons of dark Gods, demons, cosmic nihilists, different demons, cosmic horrors, other kinds of demons, other supernaturals, and weird shit that can't be comprehended
Mage is not "like the Tau". It amazes me that people still think it "doesn't fit". How much darker can you get than The Abyss? The Seers? The Hellmenth? The Atakai? The Banishers? The Scelesti? What from any other WoD game is as horrifying as knowing that when--not if--you fuck up you're going to cause havoc to the world around you?
>>
>>46058812
>"So if your ST is a dick, you're the worst gameline"
>>
>>46058270
>It's more the persecution complex than anything.
What? I've never seen Mage fans crying persecution.
>Mages get the best powers
Correct
>the cheapest powers
Incorrect
>the least disadvantages
Incorrect, but only because shit like Geist - where you have literally NO disadvantages - exists
>the most options
Correct
>their game universe trumps everything else
Incorrect
>they're the objective correct choice of you get to pick what you are in the WoD/CofD
I guess? Are there people who do this?
>they're broken as fuck in a game with inter-operability behind the design
Just because they all use the same mechanics doesn't mean you're supposed to have a Vampire, a Werewolf, a Mage, and a Sin-Eater all in the same PC group. Even taking aside the different power levels, all of these games have very different themes, and you're not going to be able to do all of them justice in the same chronicle.
>they cry that they're not actually that broken because the ST can just Fiat them if they want, like that is a balancing factor.
It's more that a lot of the OP bullshit people like to spout literally doesn't work according to the rules. This doesn't mean Mages aren't insanely powerful, mind you, but shit like Colette's "starting Mage brainwashes every human on Earth using ritual casting" doesn't actually work.
>>
>>46058839
More like
>If your ST is running the game correctly, it's just like the rest
>>
>>46058812
>The Hellmenth
Jesus Fuck, don't remind me.
Does any other splat have a "if you're a naieve investigator who presses buttons without thinking, you can literally doom the entire planet" enemy?
>>
>>46058270
>>46058461
But this is wrong. Mages do get "the cheapest" powers and it's arguable that they get "the best", but both of those are only because Mages get so much flexibility. Meanwhile demons get tons of power right from the outset, no XP needed, and so do Werewolves.

Mage's cosmology does not and never has trumped everything else (although as a fan of cosmological maps, I wish that were true). Even where that IS true, it's more to do with Mage being a splat meant for exploration, so they have larger maps. At best, Mage says "the world is a LIIIIIIEEE!" but that doesn't really mean anything. That doesn't make the rest of the WoD "wrong". That'd be like saying The Hisil invalidates Vampire. Or the Hedge invalidates Werewolf.

Mage is not the objective correct choice of you get to pick what you are (I can't even parse that sentence and I know it's wrong).

Mage 1e was broken, it's true, though never as broken as people say, and they don't mean "broken" in the right way. And it's not that Mages are "not actually that broken because the ST can just Fiat them if they want", it's more that Mages aren't as broken as people think and most STs (and complainers) just ignore the methods of balance.

>>46058119
>I've never met somebody who actually plays Mage who acts like this.
That's because they don't. In fact, the reason you have Mage fans like me usually arguing that Mages *aren't* unstoppable Gods from Day One is because we actually know the game and know that a Mage is going to get Donkey Punched by a Nosferatu with Obfuscate, or torn apart by a Werewolf.

>>46058839
If you don't like the game's baggage, don't play the game. If you can't handle the need to drink blood and avoid the sun, why would you play Vampire?

Don't tell me that Mage isn't a horror game and then ignore that Mage has a lot of Horror. that's not "if your ST is a dick", that's all part of the setting. Hell, a lot of it is baked into the mechanics, more so in 2e.
>>
>>46058891
Your ST can throw all the home-mad enemies they want at you, but in the end that's still just fiat. You lose because the ST has unlimited resources, and that's all Mage players have to defend teir pet gameline.

Mechanically Mages are broken six ways from Sunday, and
>>
>>46058954
>That image
SWEET HONKING ARSE BANDITS!
>>
>>46058812
>You know that the world around you is a depressing Lie
>You know that there IS a patriarchy, a The Man, a shadowy evil that keeps its foot on the world's face.
>In fact, there are eleven of them, and they have minions and worshipers.
Does not knowing about it make it any less true for the other splats? "Mages are the only ones who get to know these horrible truths" isn't much of a point AGAINST Mage favoritism
>There are people and things that want to kill you for existing
True for every other splat except maybe Sin-Eaters
>The political parties are filled with religious nutjobs (who might be right)
True for most other splats
>Abandoning them means being a sheep with no shepherd in a field of wolves
Also true for most other splats - try succeeding as a Ghost Wolf or an Unaligned Vampire.
>>
>>46059003
>home-mad enemies
These things they are talking about are actually part of the lore you absolute fool.
>>
>>46059003
>home-made enemies
Obviously you haven't read the books, because all of those are canon.

Also you're a fucking chump, and you buy into the GM v.s. Player dynamic so really there's no point in discussing this with you.

I bet you argue with other people about whose character would win in a fight.
>>
>>46059016
>True for every other splat except maybe Sin-Eaters
What are the Cthonians?
>>
>>46058990
>Mage is not the objective correct choice of you get to pick what you are (I can't even parse that sentence and I know it's wrong).
He meant "if you have to choose one of the major supernatural splats, which one is the best/least worst option". Mage is probably up there, but I'm pretty sure the actual best answer is Sin-Eater. You have no supernatural weaknesses, aren't automatically alienated from all your old friends and loved ones, no automatic antagonists, and most of the supernatural shit you have to deal with is either laughably underpowered compared to you or vanishingly rare.
>>
>>46059069
>What are the Cthonians?
Something that's only mentioned in a Mage supplement?
>>
>>46059069
>What are the Cthonians?
Aren't they trapped in the deepest reaches of the Underworld?

You don't ever have to go anywhere near those, and you usually don't even have a particularly good reason to.
>>
>>46059009
You know what's even creepier?
Read the lore, they communicate their dark will through Ghosts who use Numina to replicable Numbers Stations.

Which are creepy as hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdnoAJ7KoFE
>>
>>46059141
Hmmm, maybe the Kerberoi would be a better fit then? Sin-Eater is a tricky splat to make antagonists for, but thems the brakes.
>>
>>46058812
>But Mages have more darkness in many ways.
They don't.
>>Your own personal hubris can and likely will lead to your ruin and the ruin of those around you
Same is said about every splat and mortals
>>You know that the world around you is a depressing Lie
Same is said about every splat and mortals
>>You know that there IS a patriarchy, a The Man, a shadowy evil that keeps its foot on the world's face.
Feminists already believe this
>>In fact, there are eleven of them, and they have minions and worshipers.
Every splat has antagonists
>>There are people and things that want to kill you for existing
Every splat and mortals has this
>>You have phenomenal cosmic power and there's no instruction manual
Every splat has power without an instruction manual
>>The political parties are filled with religious nutjobs (who might be right)
Some of the other splats do this, so does mortal
>>Abandoning them means being a sheep with no shepherd in a field of wolves
Same with other splats, and mortal
>>Getting "what I want" means tempting fate with danger
Same with everything
>>Your mistakes and missteps cause harm to those around you and allow literal darkness and evil to enter the world
Abyss is not darkness and evil, but most splats have something like this
>>The darkness trapped in the world will often seek you out
Everything in the World of Darkness deals with this
>>Your antagonists are obsessive researchers, broken inquisitors, soul eaters, patrons of dark Gods, demons, cosmic nihilists, different demons, cosmic horrors, other kinds of demons, other supernaturals, and weird shit that can't be comprehended
Every splat deals with most of these
>>
>>46058954
The Hellmenth are part of the setting, they're something every splat deals with
>>
>>46059181
I just looked at the thumbnail for the video you posted.

I am not touching that with a bargepole.
>>
>>46059205
>Hmmm, maybe the Kerberoi would be a better fit then? Sin-Eater is a tricky splat to make antagonists for, but thems the brakes.
Also stuck in whatever layer of the Underworld they're policing.
>>
>>46059260
Bugger.
>>
>>46059244
it's just a numbers station, random numbers, sometimes sentence fragments, there's nothing creepy about it, most people just don't have the whole picture
it's like seeing a foot on the floor and freaking out about there just being a foot lying there because you didn't see the person it's attached to
>>
>>46059234
Oh yeah, because all other splats can activate the inter-dimensional pillars to summon the Hellmenth which only Mages can interact with.

You schmuck.
>>
>>46058163

Well I mean that by having Sekhem Sorcerers, there's going to be a non-Mummy Sekhem Sorcery system to go along with it, even if it's just a tiny sub-ruleset. You're right though, Sekhem Sorcerers is the real thing to celebrate. I hope it's a PC-friendly template.
>>
>>46059395
Hmmm, I think it might be cool to see Werewolf Sekhem Sorcery.
>>
>>46059305
>Oh yeah, because all other splats can activate the inter-dimensional pillars to summon the Hellmenth which only Mages can interact with.
No, but all the other splats can deal with the ghost servants of the Hellmenth and find the listen to the numbers stations and the spires they lead to.
>>
File: 4 8 15 16 23 42.png (529 KB, 1478x1016) Image search: [Google]
4 8 15 16 23 42.png
529 KB, 1478x1016
>>46058954
I honestly believe Summoners is the best book.

>>46059234
That's like saying Idagim are something every splat deals with. Or Strix. Or Abmortals. Or Huntsmen. Or Heroes. Or... well, I guess technically Angels are treated like Spirits/Ghosts. But most splats aren't going to deal with the freaky shit from Wicked Dead.

>>46059003
Uh... The Seers, Acamoth, Banishers, Scelesti, all that other stuff I mentioned? That's not "home-mad"[sic]. That's what Mage is all about. Nothing I said was made up. It's all in the Mage book. You'd know that if you paid even the slightest amount of attention.

>>46059016
Knowing is the horror, so yes, it's not true for the rest of the splats. To paraphrase and greentext Hitchcock, two scenarios:
>A group of people sit around a table talking, and then a bomb goes off without warning
>You're shown a ticking bomb and a bunch of people sit down at the table and start talking
The suspense the audience gets comes from the knowledge.

Also, I feel like you're missing the point. Just because something is true for other splats doesn't make it less horror when it involves Mages.

>>46059106
>>46059069
>>46059205
Cthonians are vaguely mentioned in Geist's first chapter, though that feels like it was a mistake. Either way, there's quite a few antagonists for Geist people forget about as well:
>Ghosts (now stronger!)
>Unbound Geister
>Kerberoi
>Abmortals
>Sacrosanct
Along with Hunter tier things like mortal occultists.

>>46059091
Sin-eaters do have a weakness. It's just that narratively the weakness is "the constant nagging of the dead" and the mechanic weakness is "make an easy roll to shut out the nagging of the dead".

>>46059244
Ever seen Lost? It's that.
>>
>>46059485
>That's like saying Idagim are something every splat deals with.
Every splat should! They are awesome antagonists.
>>
>>46059485
>That's like saying Idagim are something every splat deals with. Or Strix. Or Abmortals. Or Huntsmen. Or Heroes. Or... well, I guess technically Angels are treated like Spirits/Ghosts. But most splats aren't going to deal with the freaky shit from Wicked Dead.
Huntsmen and Strix target changelings and Vampires, just like Heroes target Beasts. Abmortals and idigam and the numbers stations and operators are just freaky occurences in the world of darkness.
>>
>>46059485
>I honestly believe Summoners is the best book.
I agree, it's fantastic. So much good stuff.
I'm ecstatic the rules for summoning Supernal entities from it are going to be in the core book now, so my GM won't be able to shoot down my attempts to summon Supernal entities to answer certain questions by stating "oh, that's not in the core book is it Anon?"
>>
>>46059537
Yes I like them, but is there any way to defeat one of those things though?
>>
>>46059213
>They don't
Yes they do, you just don't want to admit it.

Mortals and other splats don't literally summon monsters by accident. Other splats don't see behind the curtain to learn that reality is a Platonic allegory. At best they get "vampires/werewolves/faeries are real!"

"Every splat has antagonists" DOESN'T INVALIDATE THAT MAGE HAS THEM. Christ Almighty, you can't say "oh, other splats have those things, so Mage isn't horror".

>Abyss is not darkness and evil, but most splats have something like this
No other splat has anything remotely like Paradox, save for Demons.

Every splat does not have the horrifying enemies that Mages do. They don't operate on the same fucking scale--that's the crux of your argument in the first place! You think Mage isn't horror because Mages are so powerful!

>>46059537
I'll allow it.
>>
>>46059592
>"Every splat has antagonists" DOESN'T INVALIDATE THAT MAGE HAS THEM. Christ Almighty, you can't say "oh, other splats have those things, so Mage isn't horror".
You claimed Mage had "more darkness"
pointing out it has the same antagonists as everyone else doesn't invalidate mage having them, but it points out that Mage does not have any "more" darkness than any other game
>>46059592
>No other splat has anything remotely like Paradox, save for Demons.
Your mistakes and missteps let literal darkness/evil enter the world
which is how vampires brought in the strix and belaals brood, werewolves the bale hounds and the fall of their entire home world, prometheans beget pandorans and broken prometheans, changelings huntsmen

>Every splat does not have the horrifying enemies that Mages do. They don't operate on the same fucking scale--that's the crux of your argument in the first place! You think Mage isn't horror because Mages are so powerful!
You're mistaken. I was pointing out the flaw in your list of arguments about why mage is "darker" than everyone else, the issue you're having a hissy fit over is with some other anon.

But every splat does have the horrifying enemies that mages do
>>
>>46059573
Honestly it scares the poop out of me, and that's why I love it. I already couldn't think about Numbers Stations without freaking out, but once you get passed the first chapter that whole book is fucking creepypasta.
The Atakai also give me nightmares.
>>
>>46058812

I was talking about MtA, tho.
>>
>>46059485
>Sin-eaters do have a weakness. It's just that narratively the weakness is "the constant nagging of the dead" and the mechanic weakness is "make an easy roll to shut out the nagging of the dead".
That's like saying that Mages have a legit weakness because they have Peripheral Mage Sight they can't turn off.

Sure, that's true, but they also have multiple other weaknesses, and the same goes for every other splat.
>>
>>46059438

If there was anyone besides Mummies who could handle the sheer raw power of life energy that is Sekhem, it'd probably be Werewolves, yeah.
>>
>>46059582
Find it's bane. Which may be petrified wood from a single island in the Pacific so good fucking luck. Entire packs of werewolves can get owned by an idigam, sometimes even if the idigam forgot to bring its horde of almost-as-robust slave creatures with it. They're incredible motherfuckers and are endgame threats for pretty much every splat.

A hunter cell dealing with a single idigam could be the basis of an entire campaign.
>>
>>46059774
If you're talking about oWoD, the level of crushing horror and cynicism varies strongly depending on the gameline. Vampire and Wraith have it (although Wraith is like Promethean in that its premise is "everything sucks, but you have a canonical Good End you can actually reach). Werewolf has the Apocalypse coming, but the final battle is potentially winnable. Mage is outright optimistic, despite the cynical world they live in - the conflict there is literally "two groups with incompatible ideas on how to help the world are at each other's throats".
>>
>>46059774
The Ascension?
Oh. No one cares about that, it's a dumb game.

>>46059788
Peripheral Mage Sight doesn't beg you to do shit.

That was mostly sarcastic mockery of Geist 1e being so bad at themes.
>>
>>46059919
>The Ascension?
>Oh. No one cares about that, it's a dumb game.

That is your personal opinion, and I respect it.

However, this is a /cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General thread, so we can discuss both settings.
>>
>>46059994
Well yeah, but you seemed to throw that right into the middle of talk about Awakening.
>>
>>46059994
Sorry, but no.

Magefags only want to talk about Awakening, it's all that matters. Make your own thread.
>>
>>46060088
He was talking about it and you overreacted in defense of Awakening.
>>
File: gsgs.jpg (47 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
gsgs.jpg
47 KB, 450x338
>>46060088
>>46060109
>>
>>46057646
High Fantasy using the Chronicles of Darkness / Storyteller System as a basis.
Y/N/M?

Aside from skills, what changes would have to be made to accommodate this change in setting?
>>
I'd like to think majority of Mages aren't assholes. Maybe benign, I amoral and indifferent but not assholes.
>>
>>46060109
>>46060134
>>46060177
But everyone was talking about Awakening, and then someone asked >>46058119
>I've never met somebody who actually plays Mage who acts like this.
And you got replies like >>46058248 and >>46058270.
It was a question about Awakening. People were even talking about the Pentacle and the difficulty of achieving immortality, and this is a continuation of the last thread, where people were bitching that Mages are either too moral and always right, *or* that the game forces you to be a jackass who's always a jerk to people.

Why would I assume he was talking about Mage?
Hell, nevermind that he says "MtA".
Awakening and Ascension BOTH start with A.
>>
>>46060302
You were just continuing an argument from another thread because you like to argue.
>Awakening and Ascension BOTH start with A.
And Awakening is MtAw.
>>
File: autism-on-board-sign.png (40 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
autism-on-board-sign.png
40 KB, 800x800
>>46060302

Get over it.
>>
>>46060242

I'd say wait till StoryPath arrives, especially for High Fantasy. There'll probably be enough to knick from Scion 2e to use as a base.
>>
>>46060242
YYYY
I keep trying to do it, but I'm too depressed and lazy to consistently work on something.
>>
File: 1452496515609.jpg (109 KB, 1000x733) Image search: [Google]
1452496515609.jpg
109 KB, 1000x733
Need a witty filename for this pic, any suggestions/
>>
>>46060374
Ascension is MtAs or MtAsc (depending on if you want second letter or first syllable/stop before first vowel)

Awakening is MtAw.
>>
>>46060604

Herd: * (Shared)
>>
Hey is there an oblation where having sex with the hubby gets me some mana?
>>
>>46060671
The Whipping Boys, if you work some BDSM into it?

Alternately you could always make a Legacy focused around the stability and positive environment produced by a happy marriage and domestic life, or something. Marital boning would absolutely be a valid oblation for that.
>>
>>46060242
I've been working with the Mirrors books and my own brew to try to make it work, and Syu fat I have a few changes and mechanics to present.

>Socialize > Etiquette, Drive > Ride, Firearms > Archery, Academics > Folklore, Computer > Warfare, Occult > Religion, Science > Alchemy

> Mortal Player Characters have a Power Stat called "Fate". Where Integrity is soul and mental health, Fate is its raw power. The average human has 0 Fate.

> Alchemy works like a Changeling Contract, but the action to create the Elixir, potion or what have you is extended and the catch is typically an ingredient. Dramatic failures cause either the brew to explode violently, work TOO well, or work counter to the intention of the brew.

> Divine magic is more straightforward, except that it fucks with really more directly and their has much more immediate consequences. They always get an exceptional success in a holy place of their deity out when attacking a heretic or enemy of the faith.
>>
>>46060901
Not that anon, but would holding hands be a good oblation for this legacy?
>>
>>46061010
You'd have to do it for an entire hour.
>>
>>46060980
An Elixir working TOO well would for example be transforming slowly and painfully into a Giant Spider I've the course of the coming days after drinking a botched spider climb potion.

The cure for this isn't set in stone, but the most immediate solution is to brew something that delays the process until you can research a cure.
>>
>>46061046
I don't know if you've ever been in a long-distance relationship, but the last time I was with my gf, we were in actual physical contact for 20 hours straight, a lot of which included hand-holding (among other things).
>>
>>46061134
>I don't know if you've ever been in a long-distance relationship, but the last time I was with my gf, we were in actual physical contact for 20 hours straight, a lot of which included hand-holding (among other things).
I've been there, actually, I'm just explaining things from a practical standpoint.

If your Mage is in an LDR where they see each other rarely enough to do stuff like this they're not going to have much access to these oblations.
>>
>>46058270
Well, in their defense, that's not pretty hard to do with the "Owls did everything, vampires do not transcend history, but just merely get caught in loops" attitude of Requiem.

> inb4 don't make muh Requiems like duh Masquerades
> check em
>>
>>46061237
>If your Mage is in an LDR where they see each other rarely enough to do stuff like this they're not going to have much access to these oblations.
If your Mage is in an LDR like this they need to make friends with a trustworthy Mastigos with at least 3 dots in Space. Metaphysically-speaking, they'll be closer to their girlfriend than they are to their next door neighbour.
>>
>>46061296

History is for humans only. Once someone's renounced their humanity for anything in exchange in the CofD, they get locked in a cosmic box with few exits, because that's what they deserve.
>>
>>46061419
"trustworthy Mastigos"
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 196x196) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 196x196
>>46057766
This might be the most successful bait I have seen.

Also, got double dubs.

Congratulations.
>>
>>46061523
Not every Mastigos is a manipulative dickhead.
>>
>>46061858
>Not every Mastigos is a manipulative dickhead

This promotional message is brought to you by Local 359, your one stop shop for all of your Mind & Space needs.....or else....
>>
>>46060901
>>46060671
I made a Magical Girl Legacy where they had to "make love to" their "prince". Basically, the Legacy gave you a designated boyfriend, and fucking them is an Oblation. They're one of those "grab you young, get you hooked before you can get out of it" Legacies. They're just ostensibly good guys because Arrow Shit™.

>>46061523
>>46061890
Mastigos have been to Hell. They understand that doing bad things is bad.
As someone put it: The Path that gets Mind is the Path least likely to abuse Mind.
>>
>>46062035
>As someone put it: The Path that gets Mind is the Path least likely to abuse Mind.

"Someone" being codeword for anyone who got in the way of a Mastigos in the last 50 years
>>
>>46061858
"Not All Mastigos"
>>
So how would you make an actually decent equivalent of Beast: The Primordial?

I was thinking maybe something like, Beast: The Hunger, something along the lines of Leviathan where you've inherited naturally evil powers, be it the need to feed on others fear, or being tainted with the power of great beasts, Wendigo, so on and needing to consume flesh, the theme would be something like 'Humanity within darkness' the conflict between your actual human nature and the part of you that revels int he darkness, the evil powers you have which can't really be used for anything good (How do you use the ability to cause cannibalistic psychosis in others, or conjure up massive, decimating snow storms, into something good, ect) but that require feeding and come with dangers.
Having to come to terms with the fact that you're no longer human and the best thing you could do for everyone else really is off yourself.

It'd be such an interesting theme compared to 'gotta be 2spooky'
>>
>>46062101
You do realize one of the paramount Truths of Path Mastigos is that autonomy and self-determinism are sacrosanct, right? Mastigos who do mind control are literally doing "being a Mastigos" wrong.
>>
>>46062281
And yet there's no mechanical penalty, so all that amounts to is a line of optional fluff
>>
>>46062281
Yeah but to be fair they're also about how nothing is deserved and everything has to be earned so if they can't resist you do they really deserve autonomy?
>>
>>46062301
So? You're acting like they're all doing that.
>>
>>46062383

Nobody achieves Mind 4 without intent to use it. Or Mind 2. Or Mind 3.

Basically the only practices that aren't mind control are Knowing and Unveiling ("Hey, I'm not as bad as those mind-controllers, I just read your every thought!"), Fraying and Perfecting, Making and Unmaking.
>>
>>46058846
>shit like Colette's "starting Mage brainwashes every human on Earth using ritual casting" doesn't actually work.

Why DOESN'T it work with like Potency 60+?
>>
>>46062676
Casting, say, Multitasking or Augment the Mind or Telepathy on someone else isn't mind control.
>>
>>46062176
Limiting things to evil is pretty, well, limiting.
>>
>>46062724
Because it's wrong. I'd need to remember how he did it to know why, though.

>>46062676
It's all about knowing when to do it and when not to. I know at least one Mastigos player who uses Mind control on himself. You can also do most of those things without abusing someone's autonomy and robbing them completely of agency. Helping someone overcome mental illness or traumas isn't evil.
>>
>>46062176

I have no idea, but I do know that maybe being a monster in the physical world more than "sometimes" would be a nice improvement.
>>
>>46062823
>I know at least one Mastigos player who uses Mind control on himself. You can also do most of those things without abusing someone's autonomy and robbing them completely of agency. Helping someone overcome mental illness or traumas isn't evil.
Yup. As long as you're not robbing them of the ability to make their own choices, you're kosher by Pandemonium.

There's a lot you can do without crossing that line.
>>
>>46062729
>Multitasking or Augment the Mind
I mentioned Perfecting, yes.

>or Telepathy
Arguable. But it's true that Patterning isn't, necessarily, mind control, assuming you draw some legal distinction between mind control and mind alteration. (Which I imagine many mages do, as part of self-justifying.)
>>
File: 1457044988783.jpg (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1457044988783.jpg
42 KB, 300x300
Is mind controlling ghosts and spirits morally objectionable?
>>
>>46062823
>Helping someone overcome mental illness or traumas isn't evil.
Note that the "helping" part is important - another truth of Pandemonium is that you need to be the one who fixes your problems and improves yourself. Other people can help you, but you need to be the one to do it.

Solving other people's problems FOR them is a no-no for Mastigos, because it robs them of personal growth.
>>
>>46062823
>Helping someone overcome mental illness or traumas isn't evil.

I didn't say it was evil, I said it was mind control. Which it is, and pretending otherwise is exactly the kind of hubris that mages are supposed to do.

"It's fine when I do it; I have the moral clarity to know WHEN to control minds. It's other people who don't."
>>
>>46062862

Ghosts would probably get you more pushback than spirits.

Not because they're anatomically or intellectually any different, but because ghosts are very human-looking things, with very human drives (their Anchors) while spirits can be viewed as more "fancy animals" who just want to nom on their respective metaphysical diets.

So: I guess it depends on whether you consider ghosts or spirits people; there's certainly plentiful arguments in either direction.
>>
>>46062176
i would personally have the Primordial Dream be an oppressive sort of supernatural presence that demands that THE BEASTS find a human host to dwell within, and then seeks out appropriate human beings as heroes to fight the beasts. It's an evil destiny-making machine and the people who become beasts are just as condemned as the heroes who are mystically compelled to fight them. The tragedy & the roleplay comes from whether you embrace or fight the Dream's pull on you and what you're doomed to do. Do you become a dragon or try to keep on keeping on as a CPA?
>>
>>46062862
In 1e, Wisdom didn't consider ghosts, spirits, or even things like Vampires people, so you couldn't commit Wisdom sins against them except where specifically stated (like forcibly binding a spirit where it doesn't belong).

In 2e? No idea.
>>
>>46062879
>I didn't say it was evil, I said it was mind control.
How so?

How does temporarily dampening the effects of someone's clinical depression rob them of their ability to make choices?

Hell, if anything, blocking their depression would IMPROVE their ability to make decisions for their own betterment.
>>
>>46062848
well, psychically raping people is still kosher by Pandemonium
>>
>>46063004
it robs them of the ability to deal with their mental issues on their own
in addition, the "improvement" you offer is going to wear off once your spell does
>>
>>46063004

Because someone's inhibitions and depressions (malformed as they might be) are part of their personality too.

It's not a GOOD or HEALTHY part of their personality, but you are objectively grabbing a piece of their mind, pinching it off, and tossing it in the trash (temporarily, as the case may be).

The only difference is whether or not the mage, theoretically, has the moral clarity to have pinched off the right part; but he's still performing mental control/alterations, and him pretending otherwise is a bad start.

"I maximize choices" is not actually contradictory with "I perform mind control."
>>
>>46063061
You can perform mind control. You're just unlikely to abuse it when you've been to Pandaemonium and felt your own mind tearing you apart across infinite space.
>>
>>46063137
>You're just unlikely to abuse it when you've been to Pandaemonium and felt your own mind tearing you apart across infinite space.
Citation needed.
>>
>>46063251
The book.
>>
>>46063061
I feel like you have a much broader definition for what constitutes "mind control" than most people.

Most people mean "overriding people's free will". Making decisions for them, that kind of thing.

Mental alterations are not the same thing.
>>
>>46063326

As Beast defenders are so quick to remind us, the book is predominantly from the perspective of the supernatural.

Funny that they'd assure us they would never abuse their power.
>>
>>46063326
Is this some homebrew fanbook someone made? Because it goes against everything in every other book.

Even the Mastigos oblation involves mindfucking people for your own gain.

>Finally, the oblations of dominance require that the mage exert her will on another person. Unlike the other Mastigos oblations, the victim here cannot be complicit in the mage’s endeavor, and so most Mastigos use Sleepers for such rites and then alter or erase their memories later. As such, the mage must be careful, lest in the course of the oblation she commit an act of hubris and lose Wisdom.
>>
>>46063368

Having a materialist view of consciousness, I see no difference.

If someone alters my brain such that I no longer like tomatoes, that's no different at all from just ordering me to never eat tomatoes, or mind-controlling me to stop liking tomatoes.

The only thing that makes "I obeyyyy" mind control any different is degree, not category.
>>
Here's another oblation
Taming: This oblation doesn’t necessarily begin outside the Hallow, because the oblation involves the Mastigos breaking the subject’s will rather than convincing or forcing her to do something. Over the course of the hour, the mage engages in psychological or even physical torture, stripping the subject of her will and resistance, until she will do anything that Mastigos desires. Whatever tactics the Mastigos uses are usually accompanied with covert Mind spells, since this kind of domination is diffi cult to enact quickly. In any case, any Willpower the subject spends is added to the amount of Mana the mage receives at the end of the hour. Of course, this oblation always requires a roll to avoid degeneration (two dice).
>>
Their views of sleepers
Sleepers
The Mastigos’ prevailing attitude toward Sleepers is that they are a resource. Until they Awaken, they are blind, easily manipulated and generally expendable, and therefore can be used as necessary. This attitude varies greatly in degree. Most Mastigos don’t send Sleepers to their deaths or into situations that their fragile minds can’t handle, but are quite willing to alter their memories or dreams as necessary. Some Mastigos, though, are quite happy to send Sleepers through portals into unknown territories just to “test the waters,” or offer up their bodies or souls as bargaining chips when dealing with powerful entities from beyond the Fallen World. Such callous action can cost the mage Wisdom, of course, but the Mastigos don’t always see this problem until it is too late.
>>
>>46057990
Gen-Xers are any different? Let's remember they're the generation that embraced the term 'slacker'.
>>
>>46057990
>>46063521
Let's not mention the Baby Boomers, also known as the worst generation ever.
>>
>>46058846
>Just because they all use the same mechanics doesn't mean you're supposed to have a Vampire, a Werewolf, a Mage, and a Sin-Eater all in the same PC group. Even taking aside the different power levels, all of these games have very different themes, and you're not going to be able to do all of them justice in the same chronicle.

If crossover play isn't encouraged then why did they make a splat devoted entirely to it, despite potential conflicts of theme?
>>
>>46063521
>Gen-Xers are any different? Let's remember they're the generation that embraced the term 'slacker'.
they at least didn't demand people give them stuff for it.
>>
>>46063683

Did you notice how that splat crashed and burned?

"they" didn't do shit; OP isn't a unified bloc of writers with a single coherent vision for the setting.

Matt stood behind Beast and its crossover aspect; I doubt very many of the other writers did.
>>
>>46063495
See?
If they aren't strong enough to resist, they don't deserve freedom.
>>
>>46063409
>Having a materialist view of consciousness, I see no difference.
Materialistic views of consciousness are explicitly wrong in Mage, though.
>>
>>46063434
>>46063495
Man, and I wonder why my players think playing a high-Wisdom mage isn't an option...
>>
>>46063546
Baby Boomers are the worst

>>46063701
But Gen X-ers are almost as bad.

Both of them blame me for their problems because they just can't handle the fact that they threw this nation away by embracing the capitalism of their forebears without question.
>>
>>46063809
Name an OPP writer who wasn't involved in Beast in some way.
>>
I want to FUCK a cute Mage.
>>
>>46063855
tbf, there's a lot of less invasive options, but these are not discouraged by Pandaemonium.
>>
>>46063701
over 30 detected.

>>46063683
Crossover play is neither encouraged nor discouraged. It's kind of weird. You hear lots of devs talk about how they don't usually run/don't enjoy running crossover games because it dilutes the lines & such, but the standardized format for the supernatural templates in CofD exists in order to support crossover, and many, many books discuss the various supernaturals' opinions of one another.

And then you have the fact that developers have also explicated multiple times, dozens of times, that they do NOT balance the abilities of the various splatbooks against one another, only internally.

My take on it is that you can do crossover if you really want to but you should only have, at most, a single out-of-place character. Four players playing four different types of supernatural is going to be a clusterfuck no matter how you slice it.
>>
>>46063883

"in some way"? I wouldn't know, because we don't have full credits.

But "sure I'll make 5,000 words writing the Lair section" isn't an endorsement for "crossover totally intended and works great u guiz," it's "I want to eat lunch this week."
>>
>>46063886
You don't fuck mages, mages fuck you.
>>
>>46063883
Writers: Rose Bailey, Dave Brookshaw, Jim Fisher, Emily
Griggs, Andrew Heston, David A Hill Jr, Dana Hughes,
Matthew McFarland, Renee Ritchie, Travis Stout, Peter
Woodworth, Sam Young

So
Chris Allen
>>
I used to play Mage: the Ascension, Vampire: the Masquerade and (unfortunately) Werewolf: the Apocalypse.

My players may get back together, but the stuff is long since lost and gone.

For an Old World of Darkness player, should I stick with what I know or move to New World of Darkness. I have no idea what that entails or what the differences are?

We played V:tM the most, but I like GMing M:tA the most.
>>
>>46063973

They're wildly different games and settings, so it's kind of unpredictable whether you'll like one based on liking the other.

Grab Vampire: the Requiem 2e (also called Blood & Smoke Chronicle) from the OP, give it a read-through, see if you like it. Try not to compare it to VtM, because it's not and never going to be.
>>
>>46063916
>You don't fuck mages, mages fuck you.
You do if they're Whipping Boys.
>>
>>46063911
What about the people who approved the pitch in the first place? Well, I say people but it's really just Rich isn't it?
>>
>>46063973
You should definitely move to new.

Old is in-between editions right now and there's going to be huge metaplot changes.
>>
>>46063883
>>46063963
Ian Watson, too
Also Holden Shearer, John Morke, Rich Dansky, and a bunch of others that deserve a burning hatred for entirely different reasons
>>
>>46063973
nWoD games started out in early 1e as trying and mostly failing to ape oWoD games, but by 2e they're very much their own games.

My suggestion is to acquire both: the 20th anniversary editions of VtM, WtA, and MtAsc, and the second editions of VtR and WtF (and soon MtAw).

Don't expect them to be the same games. Don't try to force Awakening to be Ascension or vice versa. Embrace the differences and enjoy.
>>
>>46063973

You should get better taste and move on to nWoD
>>
>>46064092
>>46064023
Okay. So its a different game but in a few words... how?
>>
>>46064069
Ian isn't a CofD writer though, he does art. And icons for chat games. And Trinity someday.
>>
>>46064037

Rich has to take an overall view of things.

Namely: "Will this make enough money to justify the time and effort spent on it?"

Which is pretty far from "will the crossover aspect of this be stupid and incoherent?"

And only really intersects at "will the crossover aspect of this be SO bad that it renders the line unprofitable?"

And, the answer there is probably no, because anyone who WANTS to play a WoD crossover is already used to the games spitting and complaining about it every step of the way, so the fact Beast doesn't actually help crossovers at all is no change of pace.
>>
>>46064107

The comparison most people use is "oWoD is urban fantasy with some horror in its guts, nWoD is personal horror with urban fantasy as a frame."

Most of the supernaturals are less powerful in nWoD than they were in oWoD, both at an individual and broad level. Even if you assembled every single nVamp in the world as a single unified army, it probably wouldn't stand up to a single oVamp Antediluvean.
>>
>>46064107

oWoD is for teenagers, nWoD is for mature adults
>>
>>46064182
pffffff
>>
>>46064182
All WoD if for children
>>
>>46064163
Does the Masquerade still exist and all the workings for good political conniving? Or has the conflict moved so completely to the self that everyone just says "fuck it" and battles their own demons?

Thanks a lot, by the way, its much easier to ask here than sort through shitty enworld forums.
>>
So, anybody else on here watched Deutschland 83?
It's making me wish Dark Eras was out, so I could get my hands on Into The Cold and run a game with it.
>>
>>46064120
people seemed really interested before the whole anti-mra thing got posted
>>
>>46064243
4e hasn't come out yet
but it takes place post-Gehenna
>>
>>46064261
>It's making me wish Dark Eras was out, so I could get my hands on Into The Cold and run a game with it.
You know that section is available to the public, right? It has been since the Kickstarter
>>
>>46064243
The Masquerade still exists & the politics are perhaps even more cutthroat. Five factions, wildly different from region-to-region with relatively little global organization vie for control of the world's cities.
I'm not TERRIBLY familiar with Masquerade outside of the video game but the apocalyptic themes are gone, the level of control that elder vamps have has been lessened(slightly) and there are horribly evil owl-spirit things that claim to be the progenitor of all Kindred & are real mad about it.
>>
>>46064243
>>46064290 is talking about VtM 4e, by the way.

And yes, nWoD still has a masquerade (or equivalents); there's still bigger fights going on, it's just less... cosmic/global, as a setting overall.
>>
>>46064243
The Masquerade is still a thing in Vampire, although it's mostly handled by the Invictus (who are also the old ingrained power structure Covenant - they're kinda sorta the Camarilla, although not nearly as monolithic in their control)
>>
A big part of Requiem is that while the elders are powerful, they aren't so powerful that a determined, prepared and smart coterie couldn't destroy them, though still with great risk to themselves.
>>
>>46062862
Yes for ghosts and as for spirits, it depends on several factors.
>>
>>46064909
>Yes for ghosts
where do you get that idea? they have no souls, they're just flawed memories of things, you might as well say its morally objectionable to throw away a newspaper
>>
>>46063894
I think the best way to handle a crossover with multiple games is to grab an antagonist that isn't central to any of the games and introduce them in a way that explains why all these different creatures are getting together. Vampire/Werewolf/Mage game? Make a game based around the Inferno.
>>
>>46062176
I've long wanted to implement my own idea for Beast, which basically has the Beasts be humans transformed into avatars of humanity's fears due to an inborn susceptibility to it, kind of like how those with certain unseen senses can become Bound. You'd have fear-related powers, but wouldn't be motivated by the need to feed so much as the need to carve out your own home outside the influence of the Heroes who'll be hunting for you.
>>
>>46064480
>not as monolithic as the Camarilla
>Camarilla getting stomped left and right by Sabbatniggers

How could a monolithic power structure be even worse?
>>
General question to the masses: How common are Sleepwalkers/supernatural mortals?
>>
>>46065332
Five to ten times more common than mages.
>>
>>46065332
Mages need to get OUT
>>
>>46065332

As common as you need them to be.

I've always run that "Sleepwalker, nothing more" is the most common supernatural change to a human. Count that however you want.
>>
>>46065019
They're sapient.
>>
>>46065463
They aren't, they can only act based on memories and their own passions. It's basically the opposite of sapience. Some of them are just echoes, doing the same thing over and over because they don't know any better.
>>
Chronicles of fagness
>>
>>46065521
You're super late.
>>
>>46065492
>they can only act based on memories and their own passions.
You've just described humans there.

I guess the Rank 1 looping kind of ghosts would be fine to screw with though.
>>
>>46062176

The Primordial Dream births nightmares and legends into this world to feed on the primal things in men.

It births beasts to reap the harvest.

Beasts would hunt legends; the most infamous vampires, ghost ridden asylums and deranged mages all sit on the menu, the end of their legend fills the beast and feeds the Primordial dream. But the dream is always hungry, and even when the world is empty its hunger will never die.

I would set beasts up as the guys who go after the biggest fish, the scariest critters and the oldest ghosts because if they didn't, they would starve.They hang out with other splats not just to fit in and find something that resembles family, but to pull in resources for that big score. They pull everyones strings, make lots of friends and always, always have trouble kicking in their door.

I think crossover monster hunter would of been cool. Like, a splat made to handle all those one shots you have tumbling around in your head, but don't want to use because a play 'doesn't play changeling' or something. Also a part of me likes the idea of a splat that goes around turning the establishment in a location on its head for no other reason then "you were famous, so I ate you."
>>
>>46065608
>You've just described humans there.
Humans can react based on observations about the the present they aren't stuck reacting off of data tht stopped being updted at the time of death.
And humans do not ONLY react off their own passions, they can act against them, or without them, while angry ghst can't stop being angry ghost.
>>
>>46065463
>>46065492
This has changed immensely between 1e and 2e now that ghosts have ranks. Some of them are tapes on loop, others have actual minds and feelings and desires and et cetera.

>They aren't, they can only act based on memories and their own passions.
This describes ghosts in Exalted, not ghosts in CofD.
>>
>>46065684
(Some) Ghosts can form new memories, reason, and make decisions based off of stimulus, otherwise you wouldn't be able to talk to them. Are you saying there isn't anything wrong with mind controlling people with brain damage?
>>
>>46065332
Depends. Wolfblooded are pretty damn common since all they require is fuck-happy werewolves. Ghouls are easy to make but hard to maintain, since they are basically more blood that you have to spend periodically. Sleepwalkers... are sleepwalkers. They are less common than any other, but more common than Mages. 5 to 1 is a good number I'd say, like someone else said. Fae-touched... A little bit more or less than 1 per Lost, depending on circumstance and how many people you have that are willing to go to hell and back to get you out of hell and back to meatspace. Demiurges are rare as fuck, and so are the children of Prometheans.
>>
>>46065680
The obvious problem with this is that it would quickly turn any interparty play into a nightmare of "Can I eat that guy to not starve?", and of course basically encouraging... Nay, stating peopel should do dumb shit like try and take on the local Elder for no reason beyond "I was hungry", and probably will lead to total party kills since the obvious thing to do when a Beast shows up in town is "everoyne converge on them and stomp their shit".

There would probably even be bounties for younger supernaturals to turn beasts in.
>>
>>46066097
>all they require is fuck-happy werewolves.
Wolf-blooded=/=genetic relation to a werewolf

There is no rhyme or reason to who becomes wolf-blooded, its just that relatives of Werewolves are slightly more likely
You can become a Wolf-Blooded just from seeing a werewolf in Dalu form, if you take a Dramatic Failure on the Lunacy roll
>>
>>46066145
well yeah, but being related to a werewolf is a better chance than... well just about anything else
>>
>>46066311
but it's not required
>>
>>46066385
I didn't say it was, I just said that relation is the easiest way
>>
>>46066431
>Wolfblooded are pretty damn common since all they require is fuck-happy werewolves.
>>
>>46066438
It's also worth noting that fuck-happy werewolves wouldn't make Wolf-Blooded, in 1e. They'd make ghost children, or whatever they were called
>>
>>46066522
how is that worth noting?

especially when fuck-happy werewolves could still fuck humans and create wolf blooded?

or are you just so scared of admitting you were wrong that you have to change the subject?
>>
>>46066550
I'm not >>46066097
I'm >>46066145
Just noting another flaw in his statement
>>
Can the average human take the Gauru knot?
>>
>>46066717
Most likely not. They'd need training.
>>
>>46065385

I was hoping more of a ratio to mortals than Mages.
>>
>>46065299
>tfw you crop an image and other people keep re-posting it
Not what I expected, but it warms the cold cockles of my heart.
>>
File: guide to the sabbat.gif (795 KB, 1920x1168) Image search: [Google]
guide to the sabbat.gif
795 KB, 1920x1168
>>46064230
>>46064206

Why doesn't nWoD has one of these? Checkmate, old worlders

Take your trenchcoat and katana and leave
>>
>>46066717
Considering that Gauru outside of combat means instant deathrage the world may never know.
>>
>>46067527
don't worry, thats what Father's Form is for
>>
>>46067527
Unless you use a Gift.
>>
>>46067626
>>46067646
Ah. White Wolf. Pandering to both Furries AND Feminists.
>>
>>46067289
oi, you do realize that there is plenty of cringeworthy shit in nW right?
>>
>>46067670

>a dark irony, indeed
>>
>>46067687
DON'T MAKE ME GET OUT THE BELIAL'S BROOD BOOK...

no seriously don't make me, I'd have to spend time finding it
>>
>>46062176
>>46062835
>>46065224

Just make it real simple. You, whatever you are, are an animal. You prey on humans to live. You hurt and kill them because of an overpowering compulsion or hunger. You cannot exist, you cannot live without consuming humans. And some would argue that it creates a moral wash for you. It's just nature when you assault a human. It's just the way of things. Don't you have a right to live as well?

But you could have ended it any time you want. You could have fallen on the hunter's sword anytime. But you didn't.

Just be the big predatory animal that preys on humans in order to live. That's what all the beasts in the folklore were. You can be "nice" about it. You can revel in it. But you need to feed and that's the bottom line.

The problem with Beast the Primordial was that it wanted to eat its cake and have it to. It wanted to make PCs that could have the power trip of being abusers and predators without ever confronting the fact that it makes you a monstrous barely-human animal. The worst you -have- to do is give people bad dreams and you can easily spin that into it being "for their own good". And the hunters are encouraged to be outrageous caricatures.

The horror of this books should be that No, you ARE the monster. You ARE the Beast. And the Hunters are just trying to protect people from you, you sick fuck.
>>
>>46067697
I always found VII worse. Belial's Brood is about a cult who honestly think that they shouldn't try to be human.
>>
>>46067664
How is that pandering? Father's Form lets you use Gauru as a utility form, essentially. You still trigger full delirium and still risk falling into murderbloodrage if you start combat in it.
>>
>>46067734
Anything that enables werewolf sex is bad.
The game is too furry as it is.
>>
>>46067746
Mage enables werewolf sex. Gangrels enable werewolf sex. Beast (changeling) enables "werewolf" sex. Prometheans with certain transmutations enable werewolf sex.

Stop thinking about thick knots so much anon
>>
>>46067721
Now that creates a bit of a problem. That's not a large variety of stories that can be told with this set up. But Promethean had the same problem. So eh.

To complicate things have the moral dilemma of the story be you trying to "make up" for snacking on humans. You do good things. Really. You donate to charity. You adopt orphans. You have a family.

But maybe all that is just a shield you erected in front of yourself more on beastly instinct than on human kindness.

Dependents should be a mechanic that is encouraged. Grendel had a mommy. Typhon and Echidna had broods of monsters. Beasts should have children or the equivalent thereof. Maybe new beasts struggling with the change? Innocent people you "infected"? Actual little kids? Whatever they are they can provide "justification" for your existence. If you die, they'll die later. And as you sire more and more dependents your connection to your humanity suffers. You start to think of things more in an "us vs humans" mindset.

So key things:

1. You hurt people to live.
2. You create or protect things like yourself

Anything else we can add to the "main theme" of Beast: The Bettering?
>>
>>46067767
>Yiffing is possible in every book
You're just showing the extent of furry pandering anon.
>>
Do Beasts have integrity?

They have no uniques morale guiding how they should play but does the Horror's needs really make them pic related?

Or are they only allowed to steal and rape without integrity loss when justified by necessity and even then they might slip towards villainy?
>>
>>46067811
Can unchained yiff?
>>
>>46067811
no, you are just obsessed with knot more than me
>>
>>46067811
>Can't yiff in Geist
Once again based voodoo mardi gras stand users are best book.

Can't slight the geist.
>>
>>46067746
people transforming into animals is not inherently furry. there is a certain intangible marker of "furry culture" stuff that you can identify really easily if you're versed in it and Werewolf fails to ping that radar.
A). Actual "furry art" in the style that betrays...furriness is absent. No multicolored polka dot fur, big cartoonish eyes etc.
B). Elements of wish fulfillment/idealization are absent. While werewolves are physically robust, the isolation from their human lives, the fact that they are now visible to a vast otherworld of monstrous, hungry beings, the threat of visiting horrific violence on friends & loved ones becoming very real etc. communicates that being a werewolf is not fun.
>>
>>46067832
Technically Satiety is their Integrity, it's just also their fuel. Being low on Satiety apparently makes you more monstrous, as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEao4dYUZQw&index=11&list=PLYoPB_-4spsSBQ0OIzR7vF3Q-23V8R3sx
>>
>>46067832
The integrity analog in Beast is Satiety, which is just a measure of how full they are. It has no bearing on their sanity and is also their fuel stat.
>>
They should have compulsion mechanic for low satiety then.

Currently the fact that they have no human souls does away with most moral dilemmas but for some reasoning their reasoning stays too human (only heroes can currently make them act beastly).

I knows starving makes the Horror hunt automatically but even then the damage to the Beast is only indirect. When starving or low satiety the Beast should feel compelled to hunt and possibly the Horror should manifest more forcefully (partly modelled already but could be more involuntary).
>>
i saw a thread or two ago someone said that time arcanum for mage 2e was leaked. where would i find that if i wanted to skim through?
>>
>>46068100
First I've heard about it. Suspect it's a lie, else the thread would be all a-buzz about it.
>>
>Also: your favourite faction / clan / whatever (from WoD or CoD)?

Shadow Lords

They got the ruthlesness of the Lasombra but with the ethnicity of the Tzimisce

Meaning they're not italians spic gypsies
>>
Someone asked for Ghostbusters stuff, so I threw this together. Thoughts?

>Proton Pack
Damage * Ranges 15/30/60 Clip ∞ Initiative -4 Strength 4 Size 4 Availability Just like super illegal
When used against a ghost or other ephemeral entity, the proton pack counts as the entity's Bane, as described on Chronicles of Darkness page 128. In addition to dealing damage, an ephemeral being hit with a blast from the Proton Pack loses a point of Essence for every point of damage. If multiple characters use a proton pack on the same entity, or it loses more Essence than it has Willpower, it takes the Stunned Condition.
The Proton Pack deals 4 damage to ghosts rank 3 or lower. The effectiveness is weakened when used on stranger ghosts, like Geister and Kerberoi, as well as Spirits and Angels. Anything other than a low ranking Ghost takes a -1 to damage, and against Angels the damage is -2. The Proton Pack also has 9-Again when used on Manifested beings. If the streams are crossed, treat it as if a Fragmentation Grenade went off: Everyone in 10 yards takes 6A + 3 dice worth of damage. Everyone 20 yards out takes 4L and three dice worth of damage. The rolls have 8-Again, and anyone subject to them takes knockdown. Or the universe explodes.
If used on a living being the proton pack deals 4A and is treated as if the streams were crossed.
>>
>>46069075
>Ghost Trap
When opened, the trap creates a powerful beam of light and energy that both acts as the Open Condition and pulls any entities in Twilight towards it. Each turn, the entity must spend a point of Willpower and roll Resistance + Rank to avoid being sucked inside of the trap, with the roll being penalized by the trap's equipment bonus. If the entity fails it becomes Fettered to the trap (even if it doesn't know that Manifestation). Closing the trap restricts the ephemeral entity from leaving the trap. It can then be safely disposed of in the containment unit.
Due to the make up of the Ghost Trap, it cannot be subject to any Conditions for ephemeral beings other than the ones that it creates, and is immune to any influences used by beings with Rank lower than 3, and any others take a penalty equal to the trap's equipment bonus.
>>
>>46069075
>>46069086
Well that is CERTAINLY gonna get you in the good books of every Sin-Eater ever.
>>
If Mages are naturally curious beings why are there hermit Mages who Isolate themselves by being alone or being high wisdom and mingling with sleepers?
>>
>>46069186

Thematic dissonance between editions.

Mages now have actual mechanics behind their Obsessions, driving them towards Mysteries.
>>
>>46069212
I guess the very place they are being in hermit mode there is an on going mystery. Maybe a mage is just lucky her hometown has a mystery that would take a long time to study.
>>
Hey if a little girl can ascend so can you!
>>
>>46069301
That girl went through 100 Hells to get to that point.
>>
>>46069301
So what was her quintessence for that retroactive spell?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.