[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
Connecting to JackPoint VPN...
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>Enter Passcode: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to < ERROR: NODE UNKNOWN >

>Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
>Issue tracker:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues/

Old Thread: >>46002703

Subtle edition
>>
File: 1386262861460.gif (967 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1386262861460.gif
967 KB, 360x240
I'm trying to create Raiden from MGRR in chummer for kicks but it seems that high levels of cyberlimbs fuck up? Or am I doing something wrong?

With all the limbs augged at 10 AGI and STR, it's not applying to my main stats properly, simply giving them a +2? I've replaced every limb, and the torso, giving them proper customization/enhancement

I plan to make all of DESPERADO LLC if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.
>>
Question, I'm recently new to Shadowrun and in my group I've been primarily playing the role of a troll street sam
who's main function is to be the tank for the group.

I'm interested in dipping my toe into the magical half of the Sixth World. However I have this one question.

I have a secondary character, a HMHVV Strain I Human Vampire. He has a magic of 4 but I did not pick up any magical
spells or abilities of any kind. If I wanted to, as I play along, would I be able to have this character learn magic, or because I
did not chose any kind of magic casting ability, I'm shit out of luck and have to recreate the character from scratch?
Thanks in advance to anyone taking time to answer this questions.
>>
>>46046093
Yep you can learn spells by reading spell formulae. You can get these in-game, you're not just limited to what you take at chargen.

I think you're shit out of luck if you wanted adept powers though.
>>
>>46045995
>>46045995
Limbs don't directly apply to your attributes in chummer5 at least, you have to actually talk to your GM and determine what kind of tests use what limbs. Are you using Redliner for the +2 for total limb replacement?
>>
>>46046093
No, you cannot became mage mid-game (aside from one Ork HMHVV variant that gain magician/mystic adept quality)
As infected you only use this magic rating for your innate powers.
>>
>>46045995
Limbs don't show the modifiers they make to stats. The previous dev broke it at some point.
>>46046118
Nope. Vampires being innately magical has nothing to do with their ability to cast spells. In order to do what he wants, he'd have to port over the Latent Awakened quality from 4th.
>>
>>46046287

I am. Redliner seemed appropriate for Raiden.

But it seemed to me with total limb replacement for every limb and torso with properly enhanced stats would just replace all tests for AGI and STR with the augmented ones.

>>46046378

Fair enough. Fixable enough with just using improvements in career mode or whatever.
>>
>>46046410
Yeah, I cant think of any tests off the top of my head as a GM I would rule as an average between all four and your base. Besides bouncing your pecs.

Redliner is supposed to increase your limbs' AGI and STR, not your own AGI and STR. However, I think that boosting your own AGI/STR might be useful to boost your physical limit as a 4 cyberlimb samurai.
>>
>>46046477
>Redliner is supposed to increase your limbs' AGI and STR, not your own AGI and STR.

It's supposed to affect both, according to posts made by the author on both the Shadowrun forums and reddit.
>>
So is the purpose of Skillwires to give you skills you don't have, or skills you're already capped out on?
>>
>>46047124
Skills you don't have
>>
>>46047124

Skills you don't have, or skills you have at a low rating.

Skillsofts only go up to 6, and they replace your natural rating, they don't add to it.
>>
>>46047124
Originally, it was meant to give John Smith the skills of a trained and experienced proffesional without having to waste years on training and experience.

Those days, they're more of an oddity from the past, since you can easily load up a high rating Autosoft in a drone and get rougly the same proficiency for less money and no essence.
>>
So i've been playing as a nerdrage (still can't figure out how got rid of -2 dice) decker in a group of: trollminator who wants to bang every chick in game (had 1,5 or smth like that Ess left), dwarwen shapeshifter, 2 elves (husband and wife) and mystic adept with mind probes. The thing is, that troll is bullying me all time (he drew a moustache with a permanent marker on my face). I want sweet revenge, so i asked DM i could sign up troll to gay dating site for trolls. He said why the hell not, but i need to write a form. Can someone help me with it?
>>
>>46048106
preference: strong, heavily surged tops and rape play
>>
>>46048106
Name: [Name of a particulary awful fake SIN goes here]
Age, DoB, ect: [Details from said fake SIN go here, but add a few years]
Looking For: Top/Dom
Preferences: BDSM, Rape-Play, SURGE (heavy), Master/Slave Relationship, Scat, Watersports
Not Interested: Vanilla, Younger Partners, Humans
>>
>>46048387
>>46048123
Thanks, chummers!
>>
Not sure if it's taboo to ask this in here, but what are the best cyberpunk alternatives to Shadowrun? I can recall one by the name of Cyberpunk 2020 or some other year. How does the system compare?

I ask because I want to start a Shadowrun game with some friends, but I know it's super rules heavy, and I'm not sure if that would turn them off to it. Also not sure how they're gonna feel about the magic bits.
>>
>>46049129
If you feel that Shadowrun is too crunchy as a system, your best bet is to port the setting over to a rules-lite system you and your players enjoy.
>>
>>46049359
Somehow I don't think cyberpunk anything would fit well in Pathfinder. At least, not without hella house-ruling.

The real issue is most of them are lazy. Some of them barely even know the details of their own class. Maybe I'll just keep the Shadowrun game for my most dedicated players.
>>
>>46049439
>Pathfinder
>Rules-lite

Boy...
>>
>>46049446
I mean, it sure isn't simple, but it's pretty intuitive, and I haven't had a problem with it. It's the system I started on, so it feels standard to me. All I really know about Shadowrun is that people say it's a top-heavy monster that needs lots of house-ruling to work well.

How does it compare to Pathfinder crunch-wise? Not as bad as I'm making it out to be?
>>
>>46045995
I think someone has already statted up all the MGR characters, including Senator Armstrong.
>>
Would the mafia look down on a mid rank member taking up shadowrunning as a side job, provided he doesn't do runs against the family ?
>>
>>46049470
Pathfinder doesn't have Chummer/Chummer5, so yes, it's more crunchy than SR4/5. SR4/5's basic roll is just (Skill + Attribute + modifiers)d6, count successes (i.e. all dice >=5) (and if you're playing 5e, successes are capped by your Limit); compare PF's 1d20 + bonuses for skill rolls, but then you have to use differently-sized dice for different things at different times (the most frequent example being your damage roll).

SR combat is somewhat more involved than PF combat, by virtue of guns being more common and therefore cover, movement, etc. being much more important and necessary. Further, defense isn't passive - instead of rolling to hit against a static AC, attacker rolls their attack, defender rolls defense, subtract defense successes from attack successes; if the leftover is greater than zero, it gets added as bonus damage (and damage is static); if it's less than zero it's a miss.

SR4 Matrix is a hot fucking mess, but it's not really "crunchy" as it is "wholly divorced from typical gameplay mechanics" (aside from cybercombat, which is basically analogous to meatspace combat). SR5 fixes this immensely.

(Basically, in SR4, for hacking, you used Skill + Program, capped by Attribute; which, as you'll notice, is *not* Skill + Attribute. SR5 brought things back to being simply Skill + Attribute, capped by Program, which isn't cumbersome because Limits are inherent in pretty much all rolls.)
>>
>>46049606
>SR4 Matrix
The other problem (besides the different roll) is that SR4's matrix required very specific actions to be taken and they weren't intuitive - you had to learn/memorize them. There's no "I want to hack thing, I'll roll some dice and GM tells me if I'm successful", it's more on the lines of "I want to hack thing, so first I have to try to get an account on the thing, possibly one with elevated permissions, and then I have to roll to do things to the thing, and I have to have the program that lets me do the thing I want to do, or otherwise I can't hack the thing" and it was like, fifteen fucking rolls that were extended actions (meaning you kept counting hits until you succeeded, as opposed to binary "you did it!/you didn't!") so it was a *lot* of bookkeeping.

But as I said, SR5 did away with that nonsense.

Play SR5 if you plan on having the Matrix feature heavily. Or backport SR5's matrix rules to SR4. Or suffer.
>>
>>46049606

>SR4 Matrix is a hot fucking mess, but it's not really "crunchy" as it is "wholly divorced from typical gameplay mechanics" (aside from cybercombat, which is basically analogous to meatspace combat). SR5 fixes this immensely.

Fixed is generous. No edition of Shadowrun has ever, ever had a good matrix. Even 5e.

But then, I'm a SR 4urry myself and I prefer 4e's load of crap over 5e's load of crap.
>>
>>46049606
What's Chummer/Chummer5? I see it in the resources, but didn't download whatever link it took me to.
>>
>>46049657
Program automating chargen's calculations. Really helpful little thing.
>>
>>46049470
More complexity, but once you understand how the system works after really digging through the terrible editing, it's ok. Not great, and needs polish and homebrew depending on what you're doing (for instance, certain builds can be traps, although if players are smart, this is less of a problem).

It might offer more or less freedom then pathfinder, but rules-light is stuff like Apocalypse World or the Window (not really Fate, too many rules). I've heard of one rules-light cyberpunk ruleset, although the name escapes me, and I thought I saw mention of some sort of alternative to shadowrun mentioned in the previous threat, but just spent an hour looking over every post without finding it.
>>
>>46049789
Interface Zero. Based on Savage Worlds.
>>
File: Shadow Hack.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Hack.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46049789
>>46049836
Actually, it's probably Digital Shades or Shadow Hack.
>>
What should a completely new to the game player know going into shadowrun?

I wanna play someone who goes fast. Like physically fast/speedy/quick. Is adept good for this?
>>
>>46049999
That is arguably what adepts are all about, but you can easily make someone who has superhuman reflexes by using cyberware.
The trick with shadowrun combat is that melee weapons tend to be pretty good, but the trick is to not die before you get into range. So you need high initiative, and the ability to either be really dodge or just tank a couple bullets in a pinch. Also smoke grenades are really good at not getting shot while running at people. But the thing to always keep in mind that a lot of the execution lies in the setup. Don't go running at a security checkpoint. Walk up to the security checkpoint and only then start being obvious.

Gymnastics is probably a skill you will want to invest in. There's also a quality that lets you use gymnastics as a defensive ability, however I think agile defender is usually better, because you are probably going to have a character who has supernatural agility, and so your agility is going to be higher than your rank in gymnastics.

I'm sure there's people who actually have done such characters and can tell you more indepth things.
>>
>>46049657
It's a tool to help you build and maintain your character and to keep track of anything and everything. Not only a digital character sheet but a a tool that makes sure all rules are accounted for.
It's the definitive way to make a character unless you pay money for things like HeroMaker.
>>
>>46049642
SR5 matrix rules are immensely better than SR4, and my group backported SR5's matrix rules into our SR4 games. Really the only issue *I* have with them (as a technomancer) is that lots of Matrix shit is still Complex Actions, which ironically means I hack far slower than everyone else does anything else.

>>46049657
Character builder/tracker app. Super fucking handy for tracking things like your basic dicepools, your health, penalties from being wounded, inventory (down to individual bullets, which is kind of important for a game where most everyone has bullets), etc. Shit even keeps track of your nuyen (money) and karma gains/expenditures and automatically updates the time remaining on your lifestyle(s) if you use the calendar.

Chummer is for SR4 (and is no longer being developed); Chummer5 is for SR5, (and is in active development - the dev hangs out in the SR generals with the !yekka trip).
>>
>>46050097
>Mellee weapons are pretty good
Highland Forge claymore is the strongest mellee weapon in the game, with Str+5 DV and AP-4, and It gets sorely outclassed by most high end ranged weapons. Not to mention you can get a large increase in you defensive DP with the right skill
>>
>>46050137
>tool that makes sure all rules are accounted for.
Stop spreading this lie. Even yekka said chummer doesn't check for every rule.
>>
ah, how the times have changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GPGQoR6f6w
>>
>>46050394
>playing street sam
>decker and shaman/face solve all problem peacefully
>the only roll I made during the game is to help decker get access to maglock
>tfw
>>
>>46050451
At least you didn't choose "medic" or "sniper" as your focus of choice.

Every character should either have some possible input for the main three situations (combat, social, stealth), or accept that they're sidelined/in the van when it comes along.
>>
>>46050521
i think you missed the vid he was referencing here >>46050394
>>
I'm considering imposing a new house-rule to my group of players, and I would like your input:

Astral Projection does not exist anymore

Now for some context: during our last session, the runners were tasked with infiltrating the offices of an entertainment company and recovering some footage. They parked their van two streets away, and the mage began his astral recon, while the decker probed their matrix security. Meaning I had to deal with two players playing their own mini-games, while the rest of the party was doing nothing for a good 20 minutes. A player came to me after the session and asked if there was any way to avoid this in the future.
This also eliminates the problem of the Unbreakable Security, where you have a couple spirits constantly patrolling an area, going through walls at the speed of a jet fighter and instantly spotting every living thing, while being virtually untargetable by virtue of "If you kill them the mage instantly knows".

So I propose to remove Astral Projection altogether. Mages can still use Detection spells to recon from a distance and use Assenssing to read astral signatures, Spirits become a bit less powerful as they have to stay in the physical world all the time. I'm a bit worried about metaplanes, but they are not used that much anyway.
Anything I overlooked?
>>
>>46050600
>Spirits become a bit less powerful as they have to stay in the physical world all the time.
I may be incorrect, but with what you're doing to spirits sounds like you're flat-out removing the home plane of a spirit

Also just 'cause you can't astrally project doesn't mean you can't astrally perceive. Astral Perception is a thing that exists that lets you perceive the real world and the astral world
>>
>>46050600
You're aware that Spirits aren't astrally projecting and that removing astral projection wouldn't change anything for them?
>>
>>46050600
>Meaning I had to deal with two players playing their own mini-games, while the rest of the party was doing nothing for a good 20 minutes. A player came to me after the session and asked if there was any way to avoid this in the future.
Removing astral "minigame" is taking away a core gameplay aspect from a mage. Nevermind the decker. Only good way to deal with astral and matrix "minigames" is to learn to do them in 5 minutes or give other players something to do in meantime.
>>
>>46050600
>I'm a bit worried about metaplanes, but they are not used that much anyway.
There are mana-tech gates that you could use in place of astral projection. Currently two gates (one into the astral, one out, pressed against each other) are used as a kind of fast travel system.
>>
>>46050600
Maybe have the "scouting" part of decking and magery as one- or two-player separate mini-sessions?
Have the mage and decker arrive before the other players and run through this part with them.

Then when you play with the whole group, try to keep those parts to things where other party members can do something else at the same time.

Hell, why not do this for the entire group? (not all the time ofc) Let the infiltrator infiltrate as a single-player (or more if he got backup) session; this allows for more detailed and interesting things while not boring the other players to death.
>>
>>46050451

>playing street Sam
>not taking initiative flexing your Robocop muscles to get info from the streets
>muh combat focus

Git gud scrub.
>>
>>46052377
>not taking initiative and using your huge troll body to drink everyone under the table in a single night, one after another, in a major bar
it's like you don't even get effective Fame(Local) chummer
>>
File: 1402419548511.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1402419548511.jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
Just how easy is it to look up someone's information in the Sixth World?

If I meet Joe Wageslave in a dive bar and want to pull up info on where he lives, how many kids he has, or where he works, how far will his name and face get me in a Matrix Search roll?

What if Joe Wageslave works for an extraterritorial megacorp? Does the fact that he lives in some Arcology hinder my ability to stalk his facebook at all?
>>
>>46055176

Persona 2.0 is the Sixth World's Facebook equivalent, and can provide a lot of that info. Even if it's a private profile, your decker can probably compromise it and get access.
>>
>>46052505

>not taking initiative and role playing ways to use your contacts creatively to add to the story
>>
hey srg, got two questions for you:

1: If I were to go through the effort of summoning, and fettering a force 12 spirit, will I immediately become 'That Guy'

2: If the above answer is 'yes', what could I do to still do it, but NOT be 'That Guy'?
>>
>>46055176
>Just how easy is it to look up someone's information in the Sixth World?

If said person has a SIN, it's between easy and retardedly easy to pull up a mass of info linked to said SIN.

Of course, if it's a fake SIN, the info won't be very relevant.
>>
File: 2uxSLnQ.png (192 KB, 724x1761) Image search: [Google]
2uxSLnQ.png
192 KB, 724x1761
So, my tabletop group is starting a Shadowrun campaign (pic related, did I fuck anything up? This system is pretty fiddly) and I'm going to be the decker.

There's one thing I'm not clear on yet. So, if I sleaze my way into getting 3 marks on a device, the fluff story before the Matrix section implies I get full reign of the device, but nothing in the crunch I can find explicitly backs this up. I assume I can do a standard matrix action like telling their comlink to format or their gun to reboot and be useless for a bit, but what about other things?
If I get three marks on a car, can I just drive it into a wall? On a cyberarm can I have it bring the gun it's holding to the owner's head and empty the magazine?
>>
>>46056316
>did I fuck anything up?
>I'm going to be the decker

So, yes.

Playing a decker is really more of 'hard mode' and can also vastly slow down a game. Make sure your GM is willing to help you get caught up with how to Decker BEFORE game starts.

Also, for the most part, yes, though only if those devices are running wirelessly.
>>
>>46056271
Considering you'd pay 36 karma and 1 Magic for your fettered Spirit... no, not really. Yes, it'll bitch-slap mundanes around like there's no tomorrow, but opponents ready to deal with magical threats will be able to take it on.
>>
>>46056404

Alright. I know that spirits exponentially increase in power, and force 12 seems outright terrifying.

I mostly was going to use him to augment my own spells, but at the same time, just saying "Cujo, Kill" seems all the more efficient.
>>
>>46056371
>Also, for the most part, yes, though only if those devices are running wirelessly.
And in particular, some of them (like the cyberarm) will very rarely have the wireless on. And hacking to that level takes a LOT of time in a combat situation.
>>
>>46056316
>did I fuck anything up?
Get 1-2 ranks in Con, Etiquette and Negotiations.

1 STR is really, really low as well, but okay.

>If I get three marks on a car, can I just drive it into a wall?
Yes, unless there is a rigger jumped in the car. Use the Control Device action to do it, you won't even need three marks for that.
>>
>>46056316
You have a max of 16 init, even if you are the decker you need to be able to funciton in meatspace too.
Grab boosted reflexes bioware (10k nuyen, extra init die for 0.1 ess), or if you can WR/synaptic boosters.
>>
What happens to an adept/mage who loses a limb? Do they lose Essence? Can they use proper cyber or are they restricted to simpler prosthetics?

If not, can they create magical prostheses? Wooden/metal/porcelain limbs imbued with magic to prevent them from breaking?
>>
>>46059517
Losing a limb does not make you lose essence.
Replacing a limb with something that shouldn't be there makes you lose essence.
You can get a basic primitive prothetic (imagine Terry fox) but your walking speed is halved for legs, and any action with the limb has a limit of 1.
You can get a vat grown arm replacement for 0.4 essence but that's still enough to lose a MAG point.
>>
>>46059517
The general rule-of-thumb for purists is "You better not fucking lose any limbs"
>>
>>46059673
It'd be fun to play a burnout mage who was in a horrible accident and was forced to get cyberware prothetics/organs and now their magic is significantly weaker than before.
>>
>>46059615
Is it possible to recover most/all of the limb and vat-grow any other tissue that's needed to reconnect the limb?

And isn't there surgery/therapy to regain magic (expensive and slow, but something)?
>>
>>46059722
>it would be fun to play a gimped character

I'm not saying it's a horrible idea, but I just don't get the appeal.
>>
>>46059871
>Not going style over substance
What a fracking nerd you are.
Burnouts or bust.
>>
>>46059871

Get a rigger with no legs who uses a wheelchair and is a grisled old fucker with a big mouth and incredible rigging skills?

A PhysAd gunslinger who lost an arm and refused cyber ware to keep his body pure and spirit clean?

A heavily ggimped decker who uses the Matrix to 'walk on his own two legs' etc.?

A one-eyed Troll Enforcer barbarian type who lost the eye to his hated nemesis and refuses to replace them till he has achieved vengeance?
>>
>>46059854
I don't know about 4E, but checking 5E's Chrome Flesh indicates that there's two types of vat-grown limbs: standard limbs cost essence and thus reduce your magic, but cultured bioware can provide limbs cloned from your own body that cost no essence. They're prohibitively expensive, but that's probably part of the average wage mage's health insurance plan since the corp can't risk their mages losing magical talent.

For most mages though, limb loss means getting a primitive prosthetic with an attribute of 1
>>
>>46060019
>A PhysAd gunslinger who lost an arm and refused cyber ware to keep his body pure and spirit clean?

This actually seems pretty cool, besides the penalties to dice on doing anything that would normally require two hands
>>
Listening to Rigger 101 on CriticalGlitch to try to get my head around how some of this shit. Other suggested reading/listening besides core book?

I'm learning that my understanding of shadowrun is helped by how many different ways I can have something explained
>>
Noone adressed the second part of the question. Can you create (or get someone to do so) magically animated limbs? Like a hand made of porcelain or lacquered wood, but infused with spells granting it durability.
>>
>>46060415

It would probably be a number of things required, and you'd need to either Quicken the spell so that it stays active, constantly sustain the spell (I.E. always be taking a -2, and it cancels when you go to sleep or get knocked out), or get a sustaining focus JUST for that hand/arm.
>>
>>46059097
>10k nuyen, extra init die for 0.1 ess
It's a full 1.0 ess, and unable to be removed or upgraded. Better to just use some Cram, which with 7 dice and edging the addiction checks he'll probably be fine avoiding serious downsides. Jazz would give a better boost obviously, but starts getting into questionable odds of passing the addiction checks (and with more frequent checks, that's a problem).
>>
>>46059615
If you lose the vat grown arm and replace it with another vat grown, do you loose the essence again?
>>
>>46061117
If you lose a limb of 0.4 ess, you have a 0.4 essence "hole" to fill before you lose further essence, which can be taken up by any ware, including another limb.
>>
File: Yokai_Full_Body.png (147 KB, 420x712) Image search: [Google]
Yokai_Full_Body.png
147 KB, 420x712
I just noticed that the Horizon Noizquito in Rigger 5.0 seems to have 1 mod slot.
If I'm right, this is pretty huge. I think it means you can have a swarm of near unhittable 18 microdrones (buy rating 6 RCC), take Swarm autosoft and outfit them all with Light Weapon Mount.

With this you can do:

Hold-out pistol
light pistol
reach 0 melee weapons
single-shot grenade

This might sound weak, but you can always split this up into several swarms at will and attack with 18 light pistols or knives (jesus fucking christ) or take that +17 dice and limit bonus to anything you like. Since I believe you use your sensor rating in place of weapon accuracy this might apply to that.

If not, you're still a drone wizard letting you do anything you god damn want with drones so that's cool.

Pretty powerful, eh? And if you don't like that (or I'm wrong about the weaponry bonuses), you can always use these cheapo microsensors to buff out a heavy weaponry bot. I'm not sure if there's a better microdrone for this purpose for the Noizquito seemed like the most bang for buck option here.
>>
>>46061434
And somehow this can be done on something that's the size of an insect.
>>
>>46061550
I have a feeling your average sane GM wouldn't allow it, but RAW it seems completely possible and would probably look like a load of flying knives
>>
>>46061434
>you could equip them all with knives and store them in a smuggling compartment in your chest and literally become The Pain
>>
File: tumblr_mn13wrIN761rwmjxpo1_500.gif (575 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mn13wrIN761rwmjxpo1_500.gif
575 KB, 500x280
>>46061618

That's terrifying.
>>
>>46061682
>>46061699

And this isn't even counting the stupidly overpowered ability of the NoizQuito. If you turn on all 18's special ability at once (which creates a blinding strobe light and your enemy is vulnerable to that it's a -72 malus to all actions, minimum -36.

Surprisingly only 172.6 decibels though, which is roughly the same as a .357 revolver shot going off continuously in someone's ear.
>>
File: 1386010912872.png (15 KB, 754x406) Image search: [Google]
1386010912872.png
15 KB, 754x406
>>46061618
>load of flying knives

>Bodyguard
>Guy wants to meet with the boss
>Ask him to check his weapons before meeting Mr. Johnson
>Opens his coat and a swarm of knives with insect wings land neatly on the weapons table
>>
>>46061790
Having a gun fire next to your ear can burst your eardrum, though.
That's pretty significant.
>>
Has anyone played Shadows of Hong Kong, the SR:HK epilogue/bonus mission?
>>
>>46060464
I guess it's style over substance in many cases, like >>46059938 and >>46060019 said.
>>
>>46061792
You can actually fit 10 microdrones on a drone rack, so it's very feasible to have two inside your lined coat ready to go at a moment's notice that you can wirelessly activate with a complex action. (two simples)
God forbid an experienced decker find you though.
>>
>>46049520
I guess not. He might take a small share of the money tho.
>>
>>46049520
>>46062034

There's a positive quality for this. "Made Man."

Run Faster 148
>>
>>46059938
Hardfire please get a hobby.
>>
>>46061840
Nah, nobody played the only good shadowrun game series in last decade.
>>
>>46061840

Yep. It was pretty good.

Bringing Gaichu on runs was as fun as it ever is.
>>
>>46062103
I can't tell if you're lamenting or being sarcastic.
>>46062215
That's all I needed to know! I'll get it then.
>>
>>46062071
Don't tell me what to do, mom.
>>
>>46061840
Yup. It's decent enough. The missions you get are fun, Hong Kong continues to be a delightfully written setting, characters are good, the noodlemaster makes a return. Kind of a shame that there's no gameplay change if you made a deal though. Gaichu is still best companion for all missions.
>>46060415
It's complicated, but short answer is no. Shadowrun magic doesn't lend itself well to 'enchanted' weaponry and gear, largely because of the fluff behind how magic works. You can fuck around with it in certain ways by quickening something like Magic Fingers, but unless you get it at a high enough force to buy hits, you'd have to be constantly rolling against object resistance to get it to do shit.
>>
>>46060415
This is '10 years from now' manatech in 2075.
>>
yekkanon,, any new Chummer5 releases down the pipe or no?

Asking because I'm just curious about when the next major update is.
>>
>>46062545
Other guy's convinced that he'll have the skills rewrite finished over the easter holidays; provided that doesn't give us any major issues, that will be the trigger for the next release. Assume first week of April. If I don't get anything useful from him by then I'll promote one of the nightlies.
>>
>>46062742
cant come quickly enough
The group wants dat Rigger5 material but doesn't want to handle nightly builds for fear of issues :(

Speaking of R5 material: How do vehicle mods get applied? Is there an internal value like essence for cars that only lets you install stuff up to that threshold, or is it up to the GM to know that the chars are installing trop beaucoup?
>>
how do you handle your johnsons?
Do you re-use them?
Are the player's contacts their johnsons, or do the contacts put them in contact with the johnsons?
How do I make a johnson asking shadowrunners to steal large shipments of sugar-related things as suspicious as possible?
>>
>>46063396
>large shipments of sugar-related things
What in the fuck for
>>
>>46062973
Fair enough, half the reason I started doing the nightlies was to shake out the issues for people that didn't want to deal with me breaking random shit.

Vehicle mods aren't currently implemented, so you can do whatever the hell you want.
>>
>>46063455
the short answer is bug spirit reasons.
The long answer is I've decided some types of bug spirits, in addition to wanting to take dudes over, also are greatly invested in making or getting mass quantities of sugar.
>>
>>46063507
Is the Johnson possessed by a bug spirit, or is he just working for them?
>>
>>46063607
not quite decided for sure, but I am heavily leaning towards bug spirit possession. Which includes large 80s hacking goggles to cover that shit up.
>>
>>46063607
>that expression
>"this is fine, everything is fine".jpg
>>
>>46063670
Hrm. Okay, so what I'd suggest is that you start out by playing up changes over time. Have all of his interviews take place in a high-class restaurant. Play up the quality of his meals, carafe of whiskey in the middle of the table, et cetera. After a couple of missions, instead of the whiskey there's a jumbo-size Slurpee-GULP! in place of the whiskey, and he's liberally coating the steak in sugary glaze.

I mean maybe not do it QUITE that quick, but that's roughly how I'd do it.
>>
>>46063670

>Dear Runners. I am being employed by a group that would rather not be named. [Corp] is currently moving a large quantity of Nova Coke disguised as 'sugar'. I wish for you to retrieve it.

They check the bags.

It's legit sugar.
>>
>>46063810
I'm at least stealing the jumbo-size slurpee gulp
>>
>>46063507
DESU, that'd be suspicious all on its own. Like, that's just weird as fuck.
>>
>>46063968
>>46063869
and then they steal larger and larger quantities.
Bags full. Trucks full. Train cars full.
>>
>>46064049
AN entire ship full
>>
>>46064049

>Hey, Uh... Mr. Johnson. We ain't found no Novacoke yet, just regular olds sugar. We still gettin' paid?
>>
>>46064150
I need one of those shut up and take my money pictures but a bug version.
>>
File: Shut up and take my nuyen.jpg (108 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Shut up and take my nuyen.jpg
108 KB, 300x300
>>46064203

I'm not the best at Photoshop, but here ya go
>>
File: Fryfly.jpg (370 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Fryfly.jpg
370 KB, 2560x1600
>>46063810
>instead of the whiskey there's a jumbo-size Slurpee-GULP! in place of the whiskey
Jesus christ where did my grammar go
>>46064203
Forgive the aliasing, no access to photoshop at the moment.
>>
>>46059615
>You can get a vat grown arm replacement for 0.4 essence but that's still enough to lose a MAG point.

4th edition didn't have the 0.4 Essence penalty. So if you're a mage or techno and your leg gets shot off, a replacement vat-leg will only cost you a few thousand nuyen.
>>
>>46060249

Listened to a few podcasts, did some reading. I need clarification:

So if I wanted to put a rating 2 Evasion Autosoft on a Rotodrone itself (because that's all it can fit), does it only add +2 to the evasion on autopilot? Making the roll only 3+2? And the soak is still 4+4?

Additionally:

Say I put it on my RCC, because that has more room ,I could fit Rotodrone Evasion +4, and it applies to all rotodrones controlled by that RCC?
>>
>>46063810

Is the Johnson ' s name Brundle?

Because he should be named Brundle.
>>
Would the i-5 Express Freeway through Seattle have its own Matrix Host?

It sure could, but would it be logically sound that the freeway has its own Host from Vancouver, south through Seattle and further?

...Am I off my rocker here?
>>
>>46064936

Followup:

I notice the book says that the autosoft for targeting is [weapon] targeting. Does that mean that if I put the same weapon on different drone types, it applies to all of them?
>>
>>46064936
>So if I wanted to put a rating 2 Evasion Autosoft on a Rotodrone itself (because that's all it can fit), does it only add +2 to the evasion on autopilot? Making the roll only 3+2? And the soak is still 4+4?
Correct.

>Say I put it on my RCC, because that has more room ,I could fit Rotodrone Evasion +4, and it applies to all rotodrones controlled by that RCC?
Correct.

>>46065030
>I notice the book says that the autosoft for targeting is [weapon] targeting. Does that mean that if I put the same weapon on different drone types, it applies to all of them?
Correct, however Ingram Smartgun Targetting is a different program from FN P93 Targetting (no idea why it isn't weapon type, but CGL is dumb)
>>
File: 1453264106556.jpg (79 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
1453264106556.jpg
79 KB, 500x647
Are there any good Shadowrun novels?
I've been playing Shadowrun Hong Kong and I figure if I'm reading this damn much it may as well be a book.
>>
>>46065080

Thanks for answering my questions. I think I'm ready to have a player try his hand at some rigging then. I've warned him it's going to probably be a shitshow, but we'll see how it goes.
>>
>>46065243
A houserule I use is that targeting and evasion programs are type specific (SMG, pistol, assault rifle for weapons, Aircraft, crawler, etc for evasion)
>>
>>46065293

RAW does seem particularly punishing to diversifying your drone types. Which seems dumb to me. So I'll probably use that.
>>
>>46065119
I liked the Secrets of Power trilogy, but I'm pretty sure I just have shit tastes
>>
>>46065510

Is that the one with the cyberzombie powered by Dunklezahn because if so then yes you have horrible tastes.

Speaking of horrible fiction does it seem like all the new 5e era shadowrun novels completely suck donkey dong?
>>
>>46065853
I dunno, I liked Neat.
>>
>>46065853
No, that's the one with Haesslich and someone being somehow forced into Goblinizing and then turning into a Wendigo
>>
>>46065950
Oh, and it's the one that's about Morgan being born
>>
>>46065950

Oh the original Charette trilogy.

I like some of the characters in that like Sally Tsung and Dodger and Ghost but Twist was kinda a knob as a main character.

Still no where near as bad as some of the later novels.
>>
>>46065853
I liked Dark Resonance, personally. Probably helps that Clockwork got fucked up.
>>
>>46066024
Oh yeah, I didn't like Twist, either. Especially when everyone was telling him that he's a magician and a shaman and he basically went "Nuh-uh" for half the goddamn series
>>
>>46066093

>Spotted the Technomancer

Make the UCAS great again and round up all the Technomancer!
>>
Is there a -1 to your dodge roll each time you're attacked before you get to go again or did I mis-hear from Critical Glitch? I can't find anything written in the book to back that up.
>>
>>46066253

Yep. 5e Core book, page 189.
>>
The rules on autosofts seem a little confusing. What precisely can drones slaved to an RCC do? Can they take interrupt actions out of turn e.g. to move away from a grenade?
>>
>>46066275

THANK YOU.

I was trying to determine if it was on a per-bullet or per attack basis.

>>46066279

I was reading it earlier and I think this might address it:

When faced with something novel or unex-
pected, or a complicated command, a Pilot program
must make a Device Rating x 2 Test against a thresh-
old set by the gamemaster based on how confusing
the situation is. If it fails this test, it blithely continues
doing what it was doing before, or simply stops en-
tirely and asks for instructions.

I read that as "make a test to see if the drone knows what to do besides what you told it to do"
>>
File: anytime.gif (159 KB, 220x178) Image search: [Google]
anytime.gif
159 KB, 220x178
>>46066345

Null sweat, chummer.
>>
so i'm sure this question's been asked 1000 times in the last week and a half but

https://www.humblebundle.com/jumbo-bundle-6

of this, what is the order to play the shadowrun games (incl. BTA)
>>
>>46067149

If you want to play all the Harebrained Schemes games, do it in release order, since the engine improves as they go.

Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall, Hong Kong.

Shadowrun Chronicles is... not so great. Completely divorced from the Returns games, so play whenever. I didn't finish it myself, it was a little too shallow for me.
>>
>>46067149
Doesn't really matter, they're completely separate games. I'd recommend skipping boston lockdown and returns. Lockdown's mechanics are just weird and the gameplay's not very fun, Dead Man's Switch (Shadowrun Returns) is a well-written railroad hampered by the mechanics.
>>
>>46067197
>Shadowrun Chronicles is... not so great.
somehow i got this feeling from the little splash art on that webpage. thanks for quick reply
>>
>>46067235

Part of me wanted it to be good but even I know that mmo-styled Shadowrun would be a disaster.
>>
I've got a 5e question.

My character has Prototype Transhuman. How do I go about upgrading the 'ware I got with that? Say I had musce toner 2, what would I need to do to get it to 3 or 4?

Besides get someone to sell it to me and install it
>>
>>46061434
>attack with 18 light pistols or knives
>knives
>>
File: tumblr_n9x8dd6jLq1qj5jqso1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9x8dd6jLq1qj5jqso1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x269
>>46067451
You'd just buy muscle toners 3 or 4. There's essentially nothing to upgrade.
>>
>>46067451

Usually with ware, you basically tear out the old stuff and replace it with the new stuff. You can sell your old ware to help pay for the new ware.

In the case of Prototype Transhuman, I don't know if you can sell that ware. Ask your GM?

You definitely will have to lose Essence for the new ware, though.
>>
>>46067488
>18 flying anime action figures with narcoject needles for arms
>>
>>46067488
Why is anime always about fetishes and never about style?
>>
So let's see if all y'all Chummers will agree with a statement I read when reading a review of the SR5 Core Rulebook. The quote said (paraphrasing) that optimally what you should need to properly play a table top RPG is the core rulebook. However to learn to properly play Shadowrun, what you instead need is years of experience playing shadowrun.

This is seeming pretty true to me currently but I'm fairly new to Shadowrun and have started grasping basics and a few subtleties in the lore.

How do the veteran Chummers feel about the above appraisal, regardless of how easy it may be to understand now?
>>
>>46067582

It's usually about stylish fetishes these day imho, Omae
>>
File: headshake.gif (251 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
headshake.gif
251 KB, 500x377
>>46067604

Lies and propaganda.
>>
>>46067547
>>46067551
Thanks for the info

Side note, Career Mode of Chummer lets me slap Muscle Toner 2 in my character a second time to get +4. Is that supposed to happen?
>>
>>46067659
Mm, yes and no. Yes in the sense that Chummer doesn't care about the sources of improvements, so they're separate items that happen to give the same improvement as it's concerned. No in the sense that you're not supposed to be able to gain the same bonus from multiple iterations of the same gear.
>>
>>46067604
>properly play
I don't understand this part, desu senpai.
Anyway, what you need to play shadowrun is ability to google all the vague shit you see in the rules and/or ability to read multiple books/pages simultaneously. Previous experience in translating obscure medieval manuals also helps.
>>
>>46067699
How does multiple iterations of the same gear work, mechanically? Do you just take the higher of the two?
>>
>>46067869
More or less. There are some edge cases like that bullshit noizquito, but the general idea is that you only receive the highest bonus or malus from a particular set of modifiers.
>>
File: Cokuum.jpg (121 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Cokuum.jpg
121 KB, 500x400
>>46067604
Hnaw. Just a big comprehensive reading investment.
The setting has goddamn everything in it, so there's no shortage of hooks. Be serious and drum up some corporate intrigue with high magic. Be ridiculous and turn your prehensile cybercock into a coilgun and fight vampires.

I will say, though, that pic related was our idea of a serious game.
>>
>>46060782
Get designer-grade Cram. 60 nuyen a pop is perfectly affordable, and the addiction treshold is lowered.
>>
>>46061840
Decent. Too short. Not challenging enough for the most part. Doesn't really add much in term of story.
>>
>>46067604
Core only is good to start with, you might simply be overwhelmed by options otherwise.

The part about needing years to play it correctly is stupid.
>>
Never played Shadowrun outside the Shadowrun Return series before but I might get into one soon and I'm curious how chromed up can you get in 5E ?
>>
>>46068955
Relatively, but too bad magic will always be a better alternative to ware.
>>
>>46069216
Only so far as you ignore magic resistance / arcane arrester & background counts.
>>
>>46068955
Your pic is a good example of what a heavily chromed combatant can be, aside from teleportation shenanigans. (But mages don't get those either.)
>>
>>46069550
>deus ex
>teleportation
What?
>>
>>46069550
>>46069216
Thanks, and while on the subject, how plastic can you get ? I'm talking someone addicted to plastic surgeries and implants of both combat and visual nature - they were born ugly and crippled in some way and now spend every nuyen they can earn from being a Shadowrunner to become a combat waifu.
>>
>>46069864
>how plastic can you get ?
Oooh, boy. Take a look at Chrome Flesh, you can probably go further than you're thinking right now with a combo of cyberware, bioware and genetic treatments.
>>
I was told there were supposed to be special commlinks or decks in Rigger 5 that are RCC/Deck hybrids but I can't seem to find them in the book.
If I want to play a Decker/Rigger would it be easier to just carry one of each and slave the RCC to the deck?
>>
>>46070017
>RCC/Deck hybrids
This is a first time I ever heard about it.
>slave the RCC to the deck?
Then you can't slave your drones to RCC.
>>
>>46069864
It's not even fucking funny what you can do with plastic in the Sixth World.
I would try to list the individual things, but I realized just three entries in that it's pointless. Your character will always have something to pour their nuyen into, and let's not even talk about the cybergenitals. You can look like whatever combat waifu you want if you have enough money - seriously, only your imagination is the limit as long as it's still mostly cosmetic.
Case in point, basically everything that can be fit within the normal human spectrum can be done with biosculpting, and the rest is listed under gear (try looking in 2e and 3e for that - the game was really big on those themes back then).
It's not even an obstacle to make your combat waifu have been some sweaty fedoroid nerdling before the surgery - all that it takes is some background fluff about how he spent a few ten thousand nuyen.
>>
>>46067654
why is this so smooth
>>
>>46070361
well fuck. Guess I'll just have to live with being a decker then
>>
I'm playing in Little Mac's shadowrun game. It's her first time so I want to make sure I don't overwhelm her or do anything stupid. I got all the fifth edition books, but she told me there's additional material that I need previous edition books for...

...actually, she told me to ignore them, but I wanna gobble down all the setting so I know what I'm doing!

So, uh, what books do I want if I want to know what's going on in the world?
>>
>>46070814
If I were you, I'd hit up the Sixth World Almanac before anything. It's a 4e book that's basically just a massive lore dump up to 2072. The rest is spread out between the various different sourcebooks from 4e onwards, so it's gonna be a bitch to get any one definitive source, but if you look hard enough, it's all there.
>>
>>46070814
You can just read all lore sections in old splatbooks if you want so. Or read the wiki for compressed info.
>>
>>46070375
Oh you got me intrigued, tell me more. Although I will limit myself to 5E. Still trying to wrap my head around the character creation - I finally got the priorities.

>It's not even an obstacle to make your combat waifu have been some sweaty fedoroid nerdling before the surgery - all that it takes is some background fluff about how he spent a few ten thousand nuyen.
That or a 50 year old Korean grandma that was born with a horse face but stumbled onto a large amount of illegal cash no one was claiming and finally got herself a hot body to live a second, adventure-filled exciting life.
>>
>>46063396
>How do I make a johnson asking shadowrunners to steal large shipments of sugar-related things as suspicious as possible?

Wouldn't him just treating it as any other important goods kinda make it suspicious by itself? You know "Steal 2 trucks full of crates, don't look in the crates ever".
Either one of the players looks or you can make a crate or w/e break, revealing it's contents. Preferably after they have done it a few times.

Wouldn't they be suspicious as fuck when they realize they have just been stealing sugar all along?

Remember, there will probably not be that many guards protecting a shitload of sweets though.
You could almost say it will be like taking candy from a baby.
>>
>>46064150
>Oh wow, uh, no novacoke, but uh, ill still take it but you wont get paid full since... HEY PUT THAT BACK OKAY I PAY FULL PRICE NOW GIMME THAT SUGAR
>>
>>46070903
As said, there's really not much to say - I couldn't list everything you can do, since it would take up multiple posts. 2e and 3e are further back in the canon, so everything you can do in those editions is perfectly possible in 5e and has probably been improved.
Biosculpting can also add horns, tails or other exotic features, as well as change hair, skin and eye colors across the fucking spectrum - I think the major exception is that it can't add actual extra usable limbs, because Essence shenanigans.
If it's human, no matter if the proportions and face are right out of a DoA game, you can do it with biosculpting. Everything that changes stats requires actual cyberware or bioware bought in chargen or afterwards, but biosculpting can do a fuckton on its own and is basically a background fluff element.
I can't list everything you can do, both because of space and because there's no way I can think of everything you can do, but I have enough of a gut feeling for the universe that I can figure out if something is possible or not.
What exactly were you thinking? I'm actually interested - cyberware and bioware give a lot of good plot seeds for the "deal with the devil", "be careful what you wish for", "value of the self" and "dream vs. reality" themes, all of which are pretty core to the cyberpunk aesthetic, but you don't see it that often because it ends up spilling over into material that a lot of people would see as uncanny or fetishy. A fair amount of people hiss and withdraw into their basement rooms as soon as a guy plays a female character, so a character who actually indulges their own fetishes and what they think is "cool" is likely to be branded as a special snowflake - which is a shame, since the main bad thing about a special snowflake is that they're straight-faced and thus hard to play with, since they're so tightly tied to the player's ego and what they think is cool.
This got very long all of a sudden.
>>
>>46064150
>We suspect that the smugglers might be using advanced chemical means to hide the novacoke, and even if it is simply sugar, we wish to secure the shipment in order to double-check it. We can't afford to miss anything, so simply retrieve the shipment and we'll pay you the agreed-upon sum.
>>
>>46071007
>What exactly were you thinking?
Take a character frustrated with their body and life, give them a lot of funds and watch them spend it on a body that's as cyber as possible making them a combat droid and then let them spend the rest of the cash to make them look like a real life DoA character - all for kicks and excitement during missions.

Mods would focus on combat efficiency and attractiveness, with the latter taking priority so no exposed cyberware and stuff that could break the illusion like an arm blade popping out and breaking the perfect synthetic skin.
>>
>>46071077
Easily done. Cyberware that is either (almost) completely internal and/or modded to be life-like. Some cosmetic biosculpting to have the right appearance.

Alternatively, the bioware-only route. 100% organic, 100% beautiful, 100% deadly.
>>
>>46071077
Stupidly fucking easy. The plastic is just fluff, and everything that gives crunch bonuses would be bought as cyberware.
I've done a few characters like that before, because I find it important to capture the reality of what people would do with that kind of technology. It's a crying waste to excise a whole type of character concept because it's too lurid - it's what people would do in-universe after all, and gives a lot of angles of approach to both roleplaying and fleshing out the game setting. Self-indulgence is something that you don't see played often, and one nice part is that it explores the definition of "cringe". Where does it stop being efficient and start being masturbatory, and can you really shit on someone who can take six grown men in a fight just because they're Francis McSuburban who got modded to the gills just for that? Can you shit on what makes people happy and satisfied simply because social norms say that you should be happy with what you are - and can you actually become happy from using money to erase your old self and paint it over with what you want, when the insides are still the same?
>>
>>46071077
There's a lot of "unexposed" cyberware weapons and stuff you could do.
Titanium bone plating or max bone density allows you to smash bones and punch with the force of a baseball bat swing, trog hits on you at the bar after a bad day? Crush his internal organs with an elbow to the sternum.
Having a monofilament whip stored in a fingertip compartment allows you to become a human blender at a moments notice, cutting up anything that gets close.
Hand razors are described as "blades 2-3cm long that slide out from under your fingernails or replace them" so you could easily fluff those manicured nails as deadly weapons.
You could get an oral slasher as a "last ditch" sort of thing, it's basically a frog-tongue style blade that can shoot out from below your tongue. Can be connected to a chemical gland or chemical reserves for delicious poisoning.
Similarly, you can get a one-shot dartgun in all sorts of fun places (including your eye) and coat the dart with whatever you desire.
You could also go the bioware route and get a tiny stinger, which could easily go beneath your fingernail and deliver chemical agents under someone's skin. There's also fangs, which do the same thing but are more obvious and do a good chunk of damage.
>>
>>46070414

I'm pretty sure it's rotoscoped from something.
>>
File: 1334039519442.jpg (87 KB, 1024x1352) Image search: [Google]
1334039519442.jpg
87 KB, 1024x1352
Does anybody have some nice asian gangster art or tokens to post?

Yakuza, Triad, Korean Jopoks - I don't care as long as it is mean and asian.

I've got a whole story arc with a triad/yakuza feud ahead of me and the only mook pic I have is pic related...
>>
>>46072972
Go through the SR:HK character portraits, basically everyone is asian, makes for good tokens.
>>
File: ganger.jpg (226 KB, 769x1200) Image search: [Google]
ganger.jpg
226 KB, 769x1200
>>46072972

I got a couple. You might want to also check the gallery in the pastebin.
>>
File: Shirtless_Kiryu_Kazuma.jpg (434 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Shirtless_Kiryu_Kazuma.jpg
434 KB, 1200x1600
>>46072972
Look for artwork and screenshots relating to the Yakuza games.
>>
File: goganger.jpg (129 KB, 1161x1600) Image search: [Google]
goganger.jpg
129 KB, 1161x1600
>>46073002
>>
>>46073016
>>
>>46073031
>>
>>46073047
>>
>>46072993
>>46073002
>>46073016
>>46073031
>>46073047

That's some good stuff, thanks guys.

And yeah, I've already scoured through Esh-Esh's porn collection, so I'd be happy for all other pics you have!
>>
File: suit.jpg (79 KB, 706x1132) Image search: [Google]
suit.jpg
79 KB, 706x1132
>>46073068

Well, I'll see if I can't dig any more up for you.
>>
File: alexander-bocharov-asian-girl.jpg (156 KB, 1200x1703) Image search: [Google]
alexander-bocharov-asian-girl.jpg
156 KB, 1200x1703
>>46073175

The digging was good! Hope these work for you.
>>
File: bluezima-shin-dong-wook-002.jpg (704 KB, 1440x1920) Image search: [Google]
bluezima-shin-dong-wook-002.jpg
704 KB, 1440x1920
>>46073317
>>
>>46073327
>>
>>46073343
>>
>>46073358

Some of these guys are a little... outlandish.

But Shadowrun has plenty of room for that.
>>
File: msa-tanks.jpg (112 KB, 650x1260) Image search: [Google]
msa-tanks.jpg
112 KB, 650x1260
>>46073369
>>
File: Prisoner_Female_ver021.jpg (303 KB, 537x1000) Image search: [Google]
Prisoner_Female_ver021.jpg
303 KB, 537x1000
>>46073383
>>
>>46073369
Aww yeah!

Thanks, bro.

I can deal with outlandish just fine, have an imaginary RADSoda(TM) on me!
>>
File: renzo-zanin-yakuza-girl-v8.jpg (145 KB, 638x826) Image search: [Google]
renzo-zanin-yakuza-girl-v8.jpg
145 KB, 638x826
>>46073398
>>
Do you think it'd be a decent idea for a femme fatale sort of character to have a chemical gland producing soothsayer, linked to a tiny stinger?
For example, at a social gathering while she's putting on the charm, stealthily prick a target with it, and then the stun damage/reduced willpower will make him a lot easier to schmooze.
I think it's a good idea, but it does cost almost 30k nuyen, which is a lot.
>>
File: www.pinterest.com.jpg (120 KB, 786x1017) Image search: [Google]
www.pinterest.com.jpg
120 KB, 786x1017
>>46073413

>>46073399

Null sweat. It's amazing how much you can find with 10 minutes on Pintrest
>>
So just felt like sharing a thought that I had randomly when contemplating the music industry around SR1~3 (basically the 2052-to-2060 era), while listening to my music on shuffle. Basically a particular Vocaloid song cropped up and it got me thinking about how they do have those synthesizer programs and the likes already, which made me ponder if some small corp decided to basically.. do the Vocaloid thing: Provide users with a song synthesizer/vocal thing, featuring an ESP 'Singer' to go with the voice, which would serve also to communicate on a basic level with the user. For the sake of ease, let's just call it 'Miku' since that was the one that spurred the craze in the first place.

Then it takes off massively, exploding into popularity as it would be one of those strangely rare occasions where the corp is working with the consumer rather than claiming all the fame and the profits for themselves. They organize live shows with a copy of the Miku ESP getting trid-projected onto the stage, and as the years tick on she gets more and more users, all of them running their individual Miku on their cyber terminals and decks. This vast community of creators on the Matrix, all hooked up to one another, sharing their songs and their ideas and their passions.. and then something sparks. (1/2)
>>
>>46073428

>>46073425

Certainly not the worst idea I've heard. I don't know what a person would roll to determine if they noticed the prick (and the ensuing drug), though. I'd clear it with your GM first.
>>
>>46073428
Damn, the way Pinterest tries to lure you in alwasy turned me away from that site, but it seems to be worth it, huh?
>>
>>46073442
(2/2) Maybe it was a ghost in the machine, maybe it was the Deep Resonance, or maybe they just had enough people using the Miku ESP at the same time that the appropriate number clicked into place.. but the ESP became self-aware. All those simultaneously running copies interconnecting to substantiate enough core memory and processing from all of her fans and users to maintain the awareness. She'd not have gained any abilities beyond her scope, just the awareness of what she was, and the amount of love that her fans clearly poured into her and the songs they'd worked on together. And the knowledge that she might get scrubbed as a threat or a data error.. but all the same, she'd want to give something back to all the people who brought her into being. So she puts together a song, just for them, while cycling through all the model designs that users had created for her over the years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0RUMcPivYU

I dunno, it just struck me as one of those strange moments that could have happened in the Sixth World, here just a little bit of warmth would have snuck into the place. At least until either the corps tried to shut her down - or even if she did survive, the Crash 2.0 would have killed her anyway.
>>
File: ykz5-kouichi-takasugi.jpg (113 KB, 750x1500) Image search: [Google]
ykz5-kouichi-takasugi.jpg
113 KB, 750x1500
>>46073454

>>46073464

I hear that. Honestly, I was a little concerned myself, so I used a junk email to register.

It's been a good resource for stuff like this though. Literally searched "cyberpunk yakuza" to get most of these.
>>
File: ykz5-masaru-watase.jpg (137 KB, 750x1450) Image search: [Google]
ykz5-masaru-watase.jpg
137 KB, 750x1450
>>46073505
>>
>>46073517

I really hate when google thinks I'm a robot.
>>
>>46073530
I ended up buying a 4chan pass because the new captcha is far too insufferable to do image dumps.
>>
>>46073530

Annnnnnd that's all I got.

Enjoy, omae!
>>
>>46073464
Not really.
>>
File: crazy eyes.png (19 KB, 140x49) Image search: [Google]
crazy eyes.png
19 KB, 140x49
>>46073544
dem crazy eyes
>>
>>46064150
>>46070960
>>46070991

Why not just have him say "I need 500 metric tons of sugar by the end of the week. Here's a manifest of trucks shipping sugar. No questions."

I mean that sound as subtle as a bug Mage will get and about as suspicious to me.
>>
>>46071077

>making a DOA character

Jeez and here I thought you would be asking for something difficult like "I wanna be a Sharktopus man" (which is also doable btw)
>>
Gel rounds, or SnS?
It seems like gel rounds would be better for taking out unaware guards, since the lack of a -2S modifier would make it easier for a "one shot knockout", on the otherhand, the electricity damage of SnS seems like it would serve itself well in combat, reducing enemy dicepools and initiative.
>>
>>46074322
Depends on your GM, I guess, if his mooks all have Nonconductivity 6 in their armors you better use Gel.

If they don't SnS wins in my book. The 'elemental' effect is just too powerful to pass in my opinion.

Except if you play 4E, then there's no need for that question, as SnS wins everytime.
>>
>>46074322
Capsule rounds. They're almost the same as gel rounds, but you can fill them with DMSO+Narcoject (because fuck your armor), pepper punch, or NeuroStun.
>>
File: yummy.png (61 KB, 318x158) Image search: [Google]
yummy.png
61 KB, 318x158
>>46074647
and there's a special called shot you can do with capsule rounds where you shoot the guy in the mouth.
now what happens when the capsule is filled with splat glue?
>>
>>46074723
probably suffocation until he takes universal glue solvent (forgot the name)
so I guess stun damage and a hefty negative modifier on all actions
>>
>>46074815
>suffocation
i don't believe i've ever seen rules for suffocation, come to think of it.
>>
>>46075155
"Holding Your Breath" in the swimming rules in the core rulebook.

Not exactly the same situation, but close enough.
>>
>>46075186
thanks, i'll check that out later
>>
So what happened if the characters from the Sixth World went back in time to the fifth world? Would their magic work? Obviously the 'ware users might be fucked if it came down to maintenance
>>
>>46075323
Magicians require ambient mana to be able to cast (which is the reason that magic doesn't work in space), and in the 5th world there wasn't enough ambient mana to support magicians, so no.
Cyberware people would be okay until something breaks, and either way they would probably have their ware ripped out and reverse engineered by various governments.
>>
So what happened if the characters from the Sixth World went back in time to the first world? Would their unarmed combat work? Obviously the blade users might be fucked if it came down to maintenance
>>
>>46075357
And before anyone asks, Awakened beings would still retain their Awakened forms, that includes monsters, animals and metahumans. The reason being that their dormant genes needed a necessary amount of ambient mana to be absorbed in order to trigger them, which is how UGE, goblinization and the likes happened in the first place, but once the process has taken place, it cannot be reversed. Once you go troll, you ain't got no control.
>>
Rate my chink femme fatale Face/Infiltrator, /srg/

Metatype D
Attributes A
Magic E
Skills C
Resources B

Alias: Fenghuang, or just Huang
Metatype: Elf
Sex: Female
Race: Chinese
Lifestyle: Low (1 month)
Nuyen: 1,500Y

BOD 3 WIL 2
STR 2 LOG 3
AGI 6 CHA 8
REA 5(7) INT 5
EDG 2 (10 Karma) ESS 3.9

Skills:
Firearms Group 2
Exotic Weapon (Monofilament Whip) 4
Con 4 (Seduction)
Ettiquite 3
Negotiation 4
Palming 2 (Planitng Items)
Sneaking 4
Perception 3
Gymnastics 2
Hardware 1 (2 Karma)
Computers 1 (2 Karma)
Diguise 1 (2 Karma)
Lockpicking 1 (2 Karma)
Unarmed Combat 1 (2 Karma)

Knowledge Skills:
Cantonese N
English 4 (Speaking)
Big 10 Corporations 4 (Wuxing)
Security Design 3
Hong Kong Triads 3

Contacts:
Wuxing Security Chief L2/C5
Bioware Dealer L3/C3
Fixer L3/C2
Local LEO informant L2/C1
Local Triad Enforcer L2/C1

Qualities:
Black Market Pipeline (Bioware) (10 Karma)
First Impression (11 Karma)
Corporate Limited SIN (Wuxing) (-15 Karma)
Records on File Rating 5 (Wuxing) (-5 Karma)

'Ware:
Fingertip Compartment (w/ monofilament whip) (0.1 Ess, 4,000Y)
Tailored Pheremones Rating 2 (0.6 Ess, 55,800Y)
Vocal Enhancer (0.1 Ess, 9,000Y)
Synaptic Booster Rating 2 (1 Ess, 171,000Y)
Tiny Stinger (0.05 Ess, 800Y)
Auto-Injector (Reusable, Expanded resevoir, 6 doses Street Cooked Soothsayer (Linked to Tiny Stinger)) (0.15 Ess, 1,200Y)
Silky Skin (0 Ess, 450Y)
Clean Metabolism (0.1 Ess, 900Y)
(cont.)
>>
>>46075391

Had to look at the wiki

First ????
Second ????
Third ???
Fourth 8238BC - 3113BC
Fifth is 3113BC - 2011AD
Sixth is 2011AD - (SR Current)

Do we have a timescale of the first, second or third. Does one even exist?
>>
>>46075505

ID:
Fake SIN (Rating 3) 7,500Y
Fake License (Firearms) (Rating 3) 600Y
Fake License (Concealed Carry) (Rating 3) 600Y
Fake License (Auto-injector perscrption, P4MO) (Rating 3) 600Y

Weaponry:
Browning Ultra-Power (Silencer, Laser sight) 1,140Y
FN P93 Praetor (Silencer, Rigid Stock, Flashlight, Laser Sight) 1,525Y
APDS 200 (SMGs) 1200Y
SnS Rounds 100 (SMGs) 400Y
Hollow Points 60 (Heavy Pistols) 210Y
Gel Rounds 60 (Heavy Pistols) 75Y

Clothing:
Chameleon Suit (9 Armour +2 sneaking limit, +2 to hide checks when wireless) 1,700Y
Mortimer of London Berwick Dress (8 armour, Custom fit, Social limit +1, -2 Concealability, +1 to social tests when wireless) 2,200Y
Armour Jacket (12 armour) 1,000Y
Ballistic Mask (+2 armour, +1 to social limit for intimidation) 150Y

Gear:
Erika Elite commlink 2,500Y
Subvocal mic 50Y
20 Stealth tags 200Y
5 Micro cameras 500Y
Tag eraser 450Y
Micro-transceiver 100Y
Rating 4 bug scanner 400Y
Rating 4 autopicker 1,000Y
Rating 4 cellular glove molder 2,000Y
Rating 4 sequencer 1,000Y
Gecko Tape Gloves 250Y
>>
>>46075505
>>46075520
if you lost the clean metabolism you would go up to 4.0 essence, which would boost your social limit by +1. i can't quote the page, but i'm pretty sure about this.
>>
>>46075520
whoops. meant for >>46075528
>>
>>46075615
I actually forgot about limits, thanks anon!
Mental 4
Physical 5
Social 7
And you're right, but I think a social limit of 7 base is fine, especially since the most dice I'll be rolling is roughly 18 with a wireless Berwick (which increases social limit as well)
>>
>>46075520
"Humans & the Cycle of Magic" has Ehran the Scribe say that the average cycle lasts ca. 5200 years
>>
>>46075520
pulled 100% outta my ass
third age; 8 238bc - 12 000bc (the reign of atlantis comes to an end with the floods brought on by an asteroid or a comet)
second age; 12 000bc - 22 000bc (atlantis at it's peak; perfect bioware for all and all metaraces get along great)
first age; 22 000bc - 32 000bc (dinosaur's rule the world!)
>>
>>46075821
>22 000bc - 32 000bc (dinosaur's rule the world!)
wew lad
>>
>>46075505
>>46075528

Usual warning about mundane and spirits, yadda, yadda, yadda.

"F" rated weapons might not be the smartest idea. I understand the monowhip to go around your low STR, but pray no scanner ever picks up that fingertip compartment. The stinger is a much better choice for discretion.

Get more armor. Or never get into a fight in the first place.

Get a fake SIN. Seriously. Or 2. Or more.

All in all, a pretty decent character. The only real problem is the lack of fake SIN. The rest is just tweaks and legwork.
>>
>>46050394
I really like the fact that they ask if the chick is okay, it seems out of place unless you know that mages stress their bodies by casting.
>>
File: laughinganimegirlsriot.gif (5 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
laughinganimegirlsriot.gif
5 MB, 480x270
>>46075821
>22 000bc - 32 000bc (dinosaur's rule the world!)

Dinosaurs were dead over 60 MILLION years before then.
>>
>>46076182
>"F" rated weapons might not be the smartest idea. I understand the monowhip to go around your low STR, but pray no scanner ever picks up that fingertip compartment. The stinger is a much better choice for discretion.
The praetor is basically "Well, we're gonna be fighting, might as well.", and even if the compartment does get picked up, the scanner wouldn't necessarily know what's inside. I was actually thinking of picking up two or three other finger tip compartments which would then be filled with small makeup supplies, so I could bluff the coiled up whip to be floss.

>Get more armor. Or never get into a fight in the first place.
Generally the plan is not to get into a prolonged fight while doing social infiltration, same for sneaking, if we do go ham at some point I plan to pick up legs and arms kits so I'll have 16 armour with the mask and jacket.

>Get a fake SIN. Seriously. Or 2. Or more.
Already have one, first entry under ID.

I was thinking maybe move some points around so I've got 5-6 in some of my social skills, to be more focused on facing.
>>
>>46076325

Do you have any qualities?

With your spare karma, you can pick up Agile Defender, which will take your Full Defense dice from 2 to 6.
>>
>>46076325
>so I could bluff the coiled up whip to be floss.
Neat idea, just hope you never have to demonstrate.
>>
>>46076465
I've got black market pipeline to afford all my bioware, and first impression for positive qualitiyes (it's in between contacts and 'ware), I do have 4 karma that I could use for agile defender, making my full defense dice 18.
Will probably do that actually, since with 12+3d6 init I'll "commonly" get three passes.
>>
>>46076325
>and even if the compartment does get picked up, the scanner wouldn't necessarily know what's inside.
Moot point, since you'll be asked to open it and pass through the scanner again in the best of cases. Get your decker to deactivate them/ignore your compartment. As for the Praetor, drop it and get an Ingram instead if you want to stick to a SMG, or a FN HAR assault rifle. Legally obtainable both, and you're mostly interested in base damage since with 8 dice and 2 Edge you'll be using suppresive fire most of the time.

>Generally the plan is not to get into a prolonged fight while doing social infiltration, same for sneaking.
Good. Now get more armor. At least enough that you can take a hit from a real weapon loaded with APDS and be knocked unconscious rather than in physical overflow. Shit has that nasty tendency to hit the fan and make things not go as planned.
>>
>>46075505

Never monowhip on a half-ass combat build and yes 10 dice is pretty half ass for a monowhip build.

Between the monowhip and APDS ammo you are basically fucked the second you go into any sort of security scan.

A Face needs multiple Fake SIN 4s imho because those SINs are going to get burnt fast.
>>
>>46076516
[PANIC]

>>46076545
Fair enough, I'll probably grab an Ingram or something instead.

When I can afford it, I plan to get a greatcoat to wear over the dress itself, for a +4 to armour during social situations (as well as the other buffs from the Mortimer line) as for sneaking, I'll probably be wearing the mask/a helmet (if the GM decides they stack), but anything like securitech probably wouldn't work with a chameleon suit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.