[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #741: Getting Carried Away Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: 1442013359136.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1442013359136.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46026360
>>
>>46039870
>Getting Carried Away Edition
So, like bridal carries?

Huh. . .

Jumpers! Who among you have actually married your companions? Has anyone presided over a marriage? Whose was it, and how'd it go?
>>
Couple of questions about Tsukihime: how physically impressive can Dead Apostles become? And do you still have the weaknesses post-jump? Usually I assume you don't, but I'm a little confused for this jump.
>>
So, about SS jump: To Treat WIth Spirits gives you a shamanistic sort of magic. Exactly how does it work post-Jump? Are the spirits just kind of...there, or do you default to treating with the local equivalent of spirits?

Also, which are the best spirits to treat with anyway?
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 1220x1116) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 1220x1116
Tell me /JC/ have you given stands to anyone in other settings?
>>
>>46039923
If only.
>>
>>46039215
I'm not sure, it was only shown the one time afaik.
I doubt it though because devil fruit aren't exactly "normal" fruit in any sense of the word.
Carry a selection to make sure i guess?
Otherwise any out-of-jump scrying power or Harry Potter style "point me" spell should be pretty much foolproof.
Kill user, scry for devil fruit, pick it up.

Looking at the OP jump the fruit selection you can pick up just by taking Plot Bound as a drawback and following Luffy around with a seastone knife is pretty extensive - just kill the dudes he leaves lying around after his fights.

If you're more proactive about it you could pick up the Dark-Dark fruit as early as Jaya - Blackbeard may be a tough customer (by in-series standards), but he's also seriously overconfident.
A seastone weapon and some generic strength/toughness should be enough to get him.
>>
Teo question:
Can I connect an AI to my mind to perform calculations for Nanoha magic?

And what's the best way to go about doing so?
>>
The same way the jumper can import a race as his own in the Civ Jump can it also be done for the other civilizations in jump
>>
>>46039969
Two questions*
>>
>>46039954
Actually, yeah. I ended up giving Madoka a Stand. It actually helped a lot, and combined with Hamon and training helped her fight Witches without becoming a magical girl.
>>
>>46039969
Supreme Commander gets you an AI symbiont if you're Cybran.

Otherwise there's plenty of "instant math" perks. Savant from Pokemon for example. KOTOR jedi get that too iirc.
>>
>>46040044
Thanks. I just like the idea of having an AI assistant in my head.
>>
>>46039928
As far as I know the weaknesses remain. You may or may not be able to switch out of them with an altmode, I'm not sure.

As for physically impressive-my understanding is for the first few centuries DAs are kinda like regular ol' vampires. But in nasuland, things get really weird after about 4000 years of existence. See, DAs where originally created as a food source for the True Ancestors (basically Nasu fairies with really bullshit probability manipulation abilities-like Arcuied), like JoJo vampires and Pillar Men actually. But the oldest ones-the Dead Apostle Ancestors-start basically mutating into eldritch abominations through a combination of reality marble shenanigans, decreasing humanity and-okay I honestly have no fucking clue why Sumire can use the Marble Phantasm, it's very much not a regular thing, and Roa has his own bag of bullshit from being a magus, and some of the DAAs are technically only on the roster as an honorary position from their threat to humanity rather than being "proper" Nasuverse vampires.

The point being-things in Nasuland tend to get WEIRD and POWERFUL after living long enough, and I honestly have no fucking clue if outside Gaia's grand reality marble DAs have the potential to do that sort of shit. I do know that potentially using alchemy and/or magecraft you can alter yourself into something more, like Roa and N-dawg did (although as for the latter case I think he picked up the phantasmal beasts somewhere else rather than created them himself; I'm not sure though). Which is probably a bad idea because it resulted in reincarnative nerfing/memory loss and a reality marble gone out of control melting the body into a sort of primordial soup respectively.
>>
>>46039988
If you can, it says so in the jump. If it doesn't, you obviously can't.
>>
I have a couple of questions related to NGE and Soul Eater if anyone can answer them:
1. Does the Strong Soul perk effect your Angel form in anyway? I've been led to believe the Angel's body is basically a manifested soul body or something like that.
2. Does the Ineffable Angel perk effect the Madness Wavelength perk, and if so, how much? From what I've seen, Angels seem to be at LEAST on par with Endgame manga Asura, but I'd rather get some outside ideas on this.
3. Are we allowed to make our own kinds of Madness wavelengths, or do we have to use canon examples? I noticed some other Anon a couple threads back made a Madness of the Flesh, which sounds cool, but again, I'd like an outside opinion. Thanks.
>>
>>46040105
That's... Huh. That's good to know. I mostly meant how impressive are their physical abilities? Can they compete with Servants?
>>
>>46040105
Imagine if you pulled off some Dust of Osiris shit.
>>
>>46040263
Oh. Um. I'm not sure, old DAs tend to get weird and conceptual so it's hard to point out an "average" one.

I've a gut feeling your stats-apart from luck and mana obviously-might be comparable after living long enough, though. Old DAs tend to be tough as nails.
>>
>>46040330
What, become a suicidal egyptophilic goth? I did that when I was younger, shit was lame.

>>46040241
1. Makes you buffer, I guess

2. Less certain about this but at the very least I imagine it could amplify the wavelength by increasing the broadcast range

3. I think we're allowed to, just use canon examples as a guideline for what you can develop
>>
>>46039954
...huh, I'm suddenly considering if giving Stands to a Meister-Weapon Pair in Soul Eater would increase their soul resonance
>>
>>46040401
Why would it?
>>
>>46040401
That is an amazing idea. It's interesting to note a swarm of plankton developed a collective Stand at one point, so it's possible the pair could end up with one Stand between the two of them if their souls resonante closely enough at the time, or depending how being pricked by the Arrow affects them
>>
>>46040376
Oh, alright. Thanks Anon. About how much bigger do you think the broadcast range would be? Normally it starts out large building sized, but what about in this case? I'd say maybe a small town? I mean, you're going from Drop-in to Eldritch Abomination, so that SEEMS about right.
>>46040503
Like Crona and Ragnarok?
>>
>>46040493
well, Stands are described as being a piece of a soul that has "broken off" from the user, and become it's own personality, correct?
that's two more souls to resonate with, and they'd naturally be on the same frequency as their users, so bonding with them would be much easier than normal team resonance.
>>
>>46040535
Small town sounds about right.

And...maybe? I dunno who Crona and Ragnarok are
>>
>>46040619
Crona has Black Blood inside of him, which is the melted down form of Ragnarok, his Weapon.
Ragnarok kinda manifests as a stand by busting open a scar on his back and coming out as his blood, it's weird because it doesn't seem to hurt him.
>>
Speaking of Tsukihime, is it possible to learn how to create conceptual weapons?
>>
>>46039923
Have a waifu waiting for me back home, but that's not to say I haven't been to and participated in plenty of weddings. I'm married on paper in Slice of Life, but Chisame says that's to get her folks off her back about settling down from her wild game blogger lifestyle. As captain of my own Battlestar in BSG, I officiated several weddings both during and after the Exodus. Most of those were pretty bare-bones, just enough to meet the legal requirements since all resources were pretty thin.

Among my own Companions, there's really more of a general, if very tight, comraderie between all of us, though especially between me and Emmy, my oldest Companion, and E and the Razorback tend to hang out a lot, both being ships. It's almost funny how E's become the sorta Den Mother of our group.

>>46039870
Speaking of Getting Carried Away, for the Cardcaptor Sakura drawback that takes all your "powers" away, turns them into Cards, and scatters them everywhere...

Is each individual perk make its own Card, or do "stacking" perks get lumped together? Example, do I need to go hunt down eighteen different strength buffs, each a different Card with a different name, or is there just one "Stronk" Card that's all of them together?

I'm also assuming that they go around causing havoc and mayhem like the Clow Cards do, and have to be sealed away in a similar manner. Do they stay as Cards or do I get to "reabsorb" them? After so long, using several of these perks is just a habit and having to draw the card and invoke the perks would be...inconvenient.

Y'all's thoughts on the above?
>>
>>46040668
Yep. Says so under Artificer, I think.
>>
>>46040619
In essence, Ragnarok IS Crona's blood. They have the same body, and their souls are fused together in the manga.
>>46040657
I think it causes Crona pain when Ragnarok was still big and buff. Also, he can pop out from other parts, like the stomach when Crona temporarily absorbed Asura in the manga.
>>
>>46040714
Any way is most fun, I'd say.
>>
>>46040714
Hmm, I'd say that depends. Are the strength perks related to transformations, like the Beast form from Bloodborne, or are they simply generic strength boosters? I'd say the former would be separate, but the latter would be singular. Also, reabsorb, I think.
>>
>>46039923
>Jumpers! Who among you have actually married your companions?
Guilty as charged. Three times actually.
>Has anyone presided over a marriage?
Also yes. Multiple times as well.
>Whose was it
Most commonly, it was between my companions and whatever temporary suitors they've acquired.
>and how'd it go?
For the most part, very smoothly beyond the typical wedding hiccups. Except the first time. About that...

Fun fact: traditionally the best man is the groom's closest friend or sibling, one that the groom is able to trust with his life. And historically, or perhaps not, there was a reason for that as the best man (and to a certain extent the groomsmen as well) was chosen specifically to help the groom kidnap and/or protect from kidnapping the bride to be. And when the best man can turn into fire breathing badger, perhaps trying to kill someone for "daring to soil the noble purity of the Queen with his tainted commoner blood" is not the best of plans for continued survival.
>>
>>46040784
I do tend to go for the "more fun" option, though having to work for my powers might teach me some humility pffft.

>>46040874
Most are direct buffs, which I've assumed are independent of whatever alt-form I'm in unless they're specifically for one (like Might for Kaiju). So, agreeing with you, all the direct buffs are one Card while there's going to be a Kaiju running around at some point. Super Fun, hope it's after I get some of my other bits and bobs back.
>>
>>46040619
Not him but if a weapons madness wavelength can be boosted to a small town it makes me wonder what an angel at full size would be able to cover.
>>
>>46041020
That...was what I meant by an angel at full size, actually
>>
>>46040932
Wait, what. Explain this first wedding story, Marriage Anon.
>>46041011
Sounds about right. Oh, have fun racing with Sakura to get your powers back before she seals them, by the way.
>>46041020
It starts out at small town, Anon, but would probably max out(after a couple of years/decades) at the entire planet, especially if you add the Strong Soul perk, given how powerful Angels are and how the Ineffable Angel is based around that kind of stuff.
>>
>>46041115
Good because my ineffable and madness wavelengths both do roughly the same thing.
>>
>>46041115
before she...blerghle.

I'm gonna hafta beat up a ten-year-old to get all my stuff back. Or at least trip her a few times. I'd feel bad about that if I wouldn't be a nine-year-old girl at the time.

And just for added fun, all of the alt-forms are going to be mid-bosses. woo.
>>
>>46041199
You have the Madness of Mind Rape wavelength? Because that's what the Arael expy that is Ineffable is built for.
>>46041231
Could be worse. You could have taken one of the higher end perks, like Alucard's Embrace. Or Angel form. If you took the former, you're in trouble, the latter? Nice knowing you and the setting.
>>
What jumps warm the heart?
>>
>>46042108
Undertale? Slice of Life? A jump that literally sets your heart on fire?
>>
So I'm confused as I know nothing about the source material
Can a Stand become both awakened and requiem or only one?
>>
>>46042108
Any D&D 3.5 jump has a spell to warm up your heart, and blood, mostly blood actually, but casting Boiling Blood would warm your heart up too.
>>
>>46042161
Only one, I think. Technically there's no real evidence either way since Requiem and Awakened Stands are fairly uncommon but given the circumstnaces you'd think the people involved would've tried to find out if you could have both.
>>
>>46042161
Only one, though considering the sheer power difference that's only fair. Requiem Stands are insane.
>>
>>46042198
From what I understand there was an entire plot about these Arrowheads, how the fuck did one of them not intentionally scratch themselves then their stand?
Oh well, regardless, the power I got from the Stand generator is too good, so I'm going Requiem
>>
>>46039923
Yes, to Lapis in Gravity Falls, because 160 years is generally considered enough time to tell if you really love someone. And yes, because you don't become the the most major god of an Empire whilst still existing and interacting with said Empire and expect people not to want you at ceremonies, not to mention I just like weddings.
>>46039954
Constantly. Ignoring the Empire, Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, Rudeus Greyrat, Shinji Ikari, a good chunk of Canada in GATE, Taylor Hebert, most of Remnant, Fran, most of humanity in the MCU, Shirou Emiya, Ganta in Deadman Wonderland, Simon and Kamina, mosts of the Peaseants in Familiar of Zero, a substantial portion of humanity in Destiny, Asura, most of Humanity in Naruto, Abridged Alucard, humanity in Lovecraft, most of humanity in Young Justice, Rick and Morty, and a few people in Spice and Wolf.
>>46042243
What did you get?
>>
>>46042261
Forgot my image.
>>
>>46042261
Stand Name: Renegades

Stand Ability: [Kinetic Energy Absorption](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Kinetic_Energy_Absorption)

Power - D

Speed - C

Range - B

Durability - D

Precision - B

Potential - A

Description: The power to absorb kinetic energy and utilize it in some way. A sub-power of Kinetic Energy Manipulation and Energy Absorption. The user can absorb kinetic energy, while removing it from the source, into their body and use it in various ways, gaining some form of advantage, either by enhancing themselves, gaining the drained power, using it as power source etc., either temporarily or permanently.

I altered the ranks a bit because they were almost all D's and E's, but the ability was completely random
>>
>>46042261
>Shinji Ikari with a Stand
Did he summon an Evangelion sized Stand?
Did you teach him how to 'ORA ORA ORA!'?
>>
>>46042322
Yes and Yes.
>>
>>46042295
Going off of this, would a good Requiem power be that it magnifies the energy it takes in ten-fold? so someone kicks me at normal speed/strength, I negate the movement and I can kick back with 10 times the force?
>>
So, in a past thread, ASA mentioned that he/she/they/whatever received the cosmic equivalent of a smack on the ass in the Bloodborne jump.

Just for kicks, how do you think one would go about replicating this feat?
>>
>>46042343
Good. Shinji, Rei, Asuka, heck anyone NERV not named Gendo Ikari deserve a happy ending. Plus, now I'm seeing Zeruel as Dio.
>>
>>46042400
Does he mean like a doctor's slap or a 'dat ass' slap? 'Cause if it's Bloodborne it should be the former since all the old ones basically just want adopted kids to love.
>>
>>46042417

From what I recall, it was very much a 'dat ass' kind of slap, but I could be misremembering.
>>
>>46042417
Don't they just want kids in general? I guess some of them must have found him attractive.
Nyarlathotep certainly did.
>>
>>46042417
Considering you see two characters get impregnated in the game alone, and you see Queen Yharnam who shows the bloodstains of birth - it seems to vary, but they very much go for a "dat ass" slap.

A reminder that Formless Oedon is embodied in sound, and it's his work that gets Arianna and Fake!Iosefka knocked up. Be careful.
>>
>>46042487
Nah, the thing is that their own kids leave them for some reason. They can't keep and raise their own children, thus why they seek out other beings to adopt.
>>
>>46041115
Well, technically it was the second marriage. And second wedding (in strictest sense of the term) for that matter, but if was the first Wedding. In essence, I already explained it but I shall expound a little. As an aside, I fanwank that I don't remember what choices I make until after the jump is over, beyond which universe it is that I'm hopping into. Anyway onto the short version.

It was the Disney Princess jump. As it was an early early jump, I had very little to my name beyond my Companions. The first couple years very little happened as I was very conservative in my early days. But the most important thing was that I met a young lady that went by the name of Anne. And naturally, love ensued because of course it does. Things were great. Until the coronation of the kingdom's new Queen. Upon which three very important secrets were outed. First and most importantly, her name wasn't actually Anne, it was Elsa. Secondly, she was a fuggin' witch. Last and mostly least, she was actually the new Queen (let's be honest here, it was a whirlwind romance in a Disney universe. The chances that she wasn't someone important was pretty slim. I just wasn't expecting a Queen.) Also, she was kidnapped by the Evil Queen Next Door. Cue rescue.

One musical interlude and climatic battle later and we were reunited and soon engaged. Come the wedding and it turns out that my being a commoner has raised the ire of the crotchety old nobles to the degree that one attacks the wedding with a band of soldiers. Only to be roasted alive since Quilava doesn't give a fuck she does what she wants.

And that's how Anonymous saved Christmas.
>>
>>46042537
Really now? Guess empty nest syndrome is a thing for Old Ones too.
>>46042553
Noice. Quilava is an awesome starter, good taste. Wait, you married Elsa? I guess you could say, you MELTED her heart! Eh? Eh?
>>
>>46042597
No! Fire puns are bad!
I was a Pidgeot in PMD. So naturally
I blew her away.
>>
>>46042648
You really were the wind beneath her sails, Anon.
>>
File: kosm.png (542 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
kosm.png
542 KB, 1280x1280
>>46042537
I thought they had problems actually having kids, though. Hence why Mergo had an entire nightmare created to incubate it, and how much of a big deal it was that Kos left an orphan behind at the cost of its' (her?) own life?
>>
>>46042694
Why can't it be both?
>>
>>46042663
I must admit that it was quite the feather in my cap.
>>
>>46039923
Nope!
Although, during Tenchi Muyo, a lot of companions were suddenly interested, thanks to that abominable drawback. Of course, the conditions of said drawback meant I mostly ran my ass off whenever they got near.
I had a tendency to crash at Tenchi's place in a "Don't tell people I'm here!" sortof way.

On a spur of the emotional moment, though, I did sortof promise exactly one of those companions that, if they still wanted to marry me at the end of the chain, I'd accept.
Just before I leapt out the window.
Strangest thing, they stopped chasing me after that.

>>46039954
Nope! Don't have a stand. Or arrows, for that matter.
I have probably taught the Spin to people, though. It's mostly geometric calculations and follow through.
>>
>>46042766
I see that you have also been a wingman. You didn't act TOO birdbrained, did you?
>>46042779
>No Stand
Didn't someone promise to protect your smile too, Konata Anon?
>>
So how would someone with an Ability Stand go about scratching it to make a Requiem?
>>
File: happysloth.gif (1 MB, 300x227) Image search: [Google]
happysloth.gif
1 MB, 300x227
>>46039954
Harry Potter, and Voldemort by accident.
Fran Madaraki
Tucker and Sam from Danny Phantom, to help them fight ghosts.
And Xander from Buffy

Probably others, but those are the ones that come to mind.

>>46042553
>>46042597
>>46042648
>>46042663
>>46042766
>>46042851
>>
>>46042904
Scratch yourself with it?
>>46042922
You seem like a philoslothical kind of Anon.
>>
>>46042963
But wouldn't that just make you Awakened?
>>
>>46042963
Isn't that stabbing yourself with it?
>>
>>46043024
Wrong post, meant >>46043014
Why did I reply to myself?
>>
>>46042904
Stab whatever effect your Stand has with the Arrowhead.

If it's not something you can really touch, try it anyway just to be certain.

If both fail, stab yourself while using your Stand ability. Don't let up before you cut yourself, while the Arrowhead is cutting you, and a bit after just to be sure.
>>
>>46043024
I was under the impression that stabbing and scratching had the same result
>>
File: Kanata.jpg (26 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Kanata.jpg
26 KB, 500x281
>>46042851
Yep! I was Gio's paraplegic little sister, who supported him in all things. I couldn't really pose, and I didn't sparkle, and I wasn't fabulous at all, but I was still reasonably attractive and I sortof made up for it by being nice to people and emotionally supportive. That was even before I was loaded up on cute perks, so I guess I kindof had that maiden thing going on.
Also, I was still pretty good with machines and food and sewing and some business savvy, so it's not like I couldn't help out in small ways.
I just wasn't a main character.

Lately I've started slowly making my way through the Gio chapters of Jojo, because I guess that's something I should probably know about. Gio's pretty great, so I'm having fun.
>>
>>46043119
No, stabbing yourself once gets you the Stand, twice gets you Awakened, and scratching the Stand gets you Requiem.
>>46043132
Good for you, Konata-Oh God that means your Dio's kid too.
>>
File: 1457647814211.png (388 KB, 937x611) Image search: [Google]
1457647814211.png
388 KB, 937x611
Building off the marriage question, has anyone ever married someone who wasn't a companion? Is it even moral to do so when your nature prevents the two of you from being together for the rest of your lives?

And what about your kids? I think there was a rule about you being able to count children as companions, but I don't recall anything similar for spouses. How would that conversation go?
>>
>>46043197
>Hey Missus Jumper, wanna go on an adventure?
>Nooooooyes?
>Excellent
[Podding intensifies]
>>
File: Giorno Fem.jpg (316 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Giorno Fem.jpg
316 KB, 600x800
>>46043162
KONO-ATA DA!

Pic because I don't have an appropriate jojo image on hand.
>>
>>46043197
I think you can companion spouses. Jump-Chan's sadistic, not evil. Also, I may or may not have been shotgun wed to a Lovecraftian monster or two. Unwanted Harem drawback is a hell of a drug.
>>46043263
Wow, you must have the cutest Brando in ZA WARUDO!
>>
Guys I took the 77 Rings drawback in JoJo, The Reset Era, it's my fourth jump, and I've got >>46042295 as my stand, how fucked am I?
>>
>>46043316
Well judging from what the jumpmaker said in ye olden days, the 77 Knights are all at your level.

So.

Have fun.
>>
>>46043316
Enjoy your dinosaur warriors.
>>
>>46043316
What were your other jumps? You seem fine, so long as you don't screw with Valentine or a certain Brando from an alternate universe. In which case, you are the unluckiest Anon in ZA WARUDO. Wow, second time in a row I've been able to make that joke.
>>
>>46042779
>spoiler
Who?
And is it because they accepted, or saw just what you'd do to get away?
>>
>>46043197
> has anyone ever married someone who wasn't a companion?
I've considered it, but so far it hasn't happened. Just seems cruel marrying someone when I know there's a solid chance I could loose the chain and never see them again.
>And what about your kids?
Given that I've avoided getting married I don't have any kids that I know of. That said I've actually adopted older children during a few of my safer jumps. Tends to work out well with them being old enough to survive on their own by the time I leave and having know this was eventually going to happen from the outset.
>>
>>46043345
Oh, phew, I just noticed that it doesn't have to be a solo battle, I can bring friends
>>46043364
Pokemon of course, then FMA where I got Truth, then SAO where I picked up Kirito's Reflexes and Klein. I've got the Arrowhead so I can give Klein a Stand since there's no way in hell he doesn't have a strong soul, and teach him alchemy of course, but my real concern is the time limit of The Reset. Is it possible to get all 77 rings in time to avoid the plot?
>>
>>46043316
Depends on your 3 jumps from before.
>>
>>46043459
>>46043446
>>
>>46039923
I used a blue feather, and married someone into companionship.

>>46043197
My companions married people who weren't companions. They'll only marry people who can come with us though, otherwise I'll spend hours yelling at them about leaving their spouse behind to go on adventures, and even threaten to leave them behind. They don't like that very much. So, it's mostly been people on the Light of Terra. Falco married the leader of the Dust Rats and has had her fair share of boytoys since he passed, Chimmy had a harem at one point but can't be bothered to maintain one anymore, Toby has been through at least a wife every two hundred years or so. The Shas'O has only had one wife, a fellow fire-caste with a decent sense of humor. I don't think he'll ever want anyone else.
>>
>>46043446
Sure-Wait, Post-Reset or the actual Reset arc? Because if it's the latter, KILL PUCCI BEFORE HE GETS MADE IN HEAVEN.
>>
>>46043484
Actual Reset arc, the reason I'm worried is it's just one year, also I have no clue who Pucci is, maybe I should read up on the source material
>>
>>46043507
Pucci is the BBEG of that arc. Made in Heaven is one of the most powerful Stands in-universe, and it allows him to kill off most of the main cast and restart the universe. It's why there IS a reset.
>>
>>46043507
Also IIRC you'll "survive" the reset, but you'll be stuck in prehistoric Jojo for the rest of your stay there. Who knows what the hell will happen then, just that very fabulous dinosaurs will show up to fight you if you had the 77 rings challenge drawback.
>>
>>46043610
...my god I'm just going to let the plot go to the Reset then, that's awesome
>>
>>46043641
Heh, if you got the post-Reset arc, you would've met Diego Brando, whose stand, Scary Monsters, turns him INTO a dinosaur. Though he stole it, which means you could have too, if you were in that arc and didn't have a Stand.
>>
>>46043691
...how interested do you think Klein would be in getting the power to turn into a samurai dinosaur?
>>
File: dino on a rampage.gif (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
dino on a rampage.gif
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>46043641
We need dinosaur anon's standard gif for this, I think. Does anyone have that saved?
>>
>>46043507
Pucci is this black priest who loves DIO religiously and wants to murder the Joestars because they killed his god.

His Stand, White Snake, can steal other people's memories and Stands by taking a disc out of their head.

After some convoluted shit involving sinners turns one of DIO's finger bones into the Green Baby, which then turns into the Stand C-Moon which can control gravity after Pucci spouts nonsense to it for a bit, he goes to Florida and turns it into Made In Heaven and starts fucking with time.

If you're a Joestar he might try to kill you even if you let him do it though.
>>
>>46043691
So if you go to the reset and wait it out couldn't you meet Jesus? The source of stands in the resetverse and what enables Dio to go World Over Heaven?
>>
>>46043749
...that's convoluted as fuck and I may kill him on principle, though from what I just googled killing him while he has Made in Heaven resets the timeline so I guess I'll just have to kill him before then
shouldn't be too hard if I use alchemy, no one expects an attack that isn't from an enemy stand, right?
>>
>>46043713
Oho, now you're cooking. For reference, it originally belonged to Dr. Ferdinand, Diego stole it with Jesus' Left Eye(Yes, you can acquire Jesus' body parts) and it can also turn others into dinosaur minions. Have fun!
>>46043782
Yes, but you would have to live that long AND choose to stay.
>>
>>46043345
Man, drawbacks like this just seem irresponsible to take. Especially for a late Jumper.
>>
>>46043892
good thing I'm an early jumper then?
>>
>>46043921
Not talking about your case. Just in general.
>>
>>46043934
Depends on the jumps, the jumpers, and how long that jumper has been at it.
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 753x1062) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 753x1062
>>46043263
WRRRRYYYY~!!
>>
File: sig.jpg (8 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
8 KB, 150x150
>>46039870
Jumpers! I come bearing builds!

Jump 51: Red Vs Blue
>Origin
Alias: Private Sparky, "Freelancer Agent Arkansas"
Sex: Female
Red (Drop-In)
>Location
Donut and Caboose's first day in Blood Gulch
>Abilities
Vic--always be able to phone Vic
Choice Words--always have perfect insult for any given occasion.
Aww he lived?--some bullshit always happens to keep me from dying accidentally. Purposefulkilling ends up as being imprisoned or something.
How Many in the What Now?--major buff to mental processing speed.
Master of the Incompetent--able to accomplish same amount and quality of work with less effort.
I Require Your Assistance--can instruct morons on how to do complex tasks, which won't be screwed up in a way that kills me.
>Items
Modified Mjolnir IV Armor--awesome powered armor with neat side powers.
Electromagnetic Pulse--EMP built into armor, without AI can feedback and damage own/allied systems.
>Drawbacks
Donut--Donut follows me around. There's a music player built into the helmet, so won't be too bad.
Deleted--no record of me exists anywhere.

So this one's going to be fun. Show up with Donut, who instantly barnacles to my armor. Enjoy being the only competent fighter in Blood Gulch until Tex shows up. Mostly hang out with the Reds, occasionally sneak around Blue Base on "recon missions" that are really snack raids, and just generally have a fun time until things get super serious towards the end of the Jump.
>>
>>46044095
Jump 52: SCP Foundation
Identity
D-Class
Alias: SCP-9806
Perks
Neural Censor--toggleable mental filter out memetic hazards
Total Recall--perfect memory, plus immunity to amnestics and other memory-affecting things.
Subjective Gravitation--able to mentally direct which way "down" is, choosing where gravity pulls.
Gear
Collection of Snack-Based SCPs
SCP-261
SCP-294
SCP-458
SCP-971
SCP-1386
SCP-143 Sapling
SCP-2149

I wrote up a fake SCP article, but it's way too long to post here, so I put it here:
http://pastebin.com/GiCNnAdU
>>
Hi guys, health has been kicking me in the teeth. Just got caught up on thread, I can go poke Libranon about questions in the morning if you guys assemble them for me.
>>
Sorry, I know this has been asked before, but I just rolled Adventure Time in my chain. What sort of powers would a Slime Monarch have?

Also, can I import a companion to the Magical Pet/Sibling role?
>>
>>46044288
oh good, I didn't kill thread
Jump 53: JC Avatar
>Identity
Alias: Jane Doe
Drop-In
>Body
Avatar--psychically-controlled Na'vi body. Only get one, but becomes alt-form after Jump.
>Location
Rolled 4: Omaticaya Clan Territory
>Items, Vehicles, and Companions
Exopack--lightweight, durable rebreather/filter.
Avatar Gear--set of clothes for Avatar, plus a machete
Link Shack--trailer with quarters, link system, power generation, research lab, medical station

There's really not a lot to do. I don't much care for the RDA, but I'm not going full tree-hugger hippie. Probably bluff my way into Hell's Gate and sell them tech to efficiently mine the unobtanium under Hometree without bulldozing it. Use the Avatar to deal with the Na'vi and other Avatars, but maintain a solitary residence with Emmy. The Movie's final conflict may or may not still happen, but if it does I'm likely to just sit back and watch.
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 487x1488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 487x1488
PS238 (34)
--LOCATION--
Public School #238
--HOME LIFE--
Drop-In
Male, 39yo
--SKILLS & POWERS--
•Mystery Of The Mask
•Good Morning Professor!
•Good Morning Class!
•FISS 5 (250cp)
•Jumper Sensei (Custom Martial Arts) (-450cp)
--ITEMS--
•Communicator Watch (-500cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•Nothing Special (-300cp)
•Schoolboard Bully (Atlas) (0cp)

They call me Sevens, because I'm the 7th Flying Brick. Kinda unfair considering I'm a world renowned martial artist, I even made my own style. However the guy seems like a total douch towards me, because I gave his kid a B in Science & Math class. I told him, I know he went to the moon, but still no excuse to not turn your project on time. However it wasn't too bad, I had my gaggle of teacher's assistants. My companions were too happy being just teacher assistants, but I pounded them over the head lovingly but still they got the message.

We spent the next decade teaching and going on random adventures with the various teachers. We had lots of fun being in a less serious super hero setting, we could kick back relax and not worry about all the nasty stuff that usually pops up. Even with the asshole Atlas, who hounded me almost everyday. We even got into a major fight once or twice, and despite his overwhelming advantage, we usually ended up in a draw. He relied too much on his abilities, but not enough on actual hand to hand fighting. I gave him a good sucker punch right before my journey was up. It was for good measure.
>>
>>46044368
The upset anons probably didn't have questions like they claim.
>>
>>46044368

See:
>>45939467
>>45937424
>>
>>46044412
Jump 54: Battlestar Galactica
>Location
Rolled 12--Virgon
>Origin
Alias: Captain Jane Doe
Human Refugee
>Perks
Conscription
>Emmy
Human Refugee
Scrappy--fighting willpower buff
Origin Gear--Set of clothes suitable to Ship Officer, 100k cubits
Military Occupational Skillset--CIC, skills to run a command bridge
Fit to Fight--education of a Colonial Fleet Academy Grad, physical buff
>Chartreuse
Human Refugee
Social Savvy--quick scan can reveal social webs of a group
Parliamentary Professional--innate understanding of rules and laws, their interactions, and how to manipulate them.
>Chicky
Human Refugee
Like a Machine--strength and durability buff
A Mind that Burns Like a Fire!--major intelligence buff
>Enterprise
Human Refugee
>>
>>46044511
Is that really the big deal questions you kicked a storm up about? Jesus man.
>>
>>46044523
con'd
>Razorback
Human Refugee
Advanced Fighter--Cylon Sparrow, flying U with dog-level intelligence. Becomes Ray's pet.
>Hime
Human Refugee
Clandestine Champ--Sneak Buff, doesn't work on eletronic surveilance.
>Items
Capital Ship--Galactica-class Battlestar, fully-stocked and parked in orbit over Virgon. Named Defiant.
>>
>>46044532
Nah, I just got popcorn and watched when the shitstorms started. No idea what they wanted to ask.
>>
>>46044553
con'd
No sitting back and watching on this one. Have a year to prep the Defiant for the Cylon War, and take advantage of every minute we can. Start by establishing a droid factory/farm to create a crew, along with mildly upgrading the ship's systems to be crewed by as few as 600 droids at a time, along with gutting the cockpits of 120 MkII Vipers and installing custom droid brains and general system upgrades. Knowing what's ahead, convert a few of the Defiant's cargo bays to hydroponic farms with space-expansion charms to make them big enough to feed a full complement of 5,000. When the Cylons attack, play cavalry to the sublight-only ships that Colonial One and the Fleet abandon--knock out the rockets and the Raiders, then transfer civilians aboard to use the unclaimed bunks. Start with children, roughly 3,600 of them among all the ships, and then another 900 chosen by lottery. Finally, be Big Damn Heroes at Ragnar Anchorage, help the Fleet escape, and partner with Galactica to act as the protection detail. Everyone's wary of the droids, but their systems are incompatible with the Cylons so there's no danger of hacking. Adama doesn't like a "civilian" having control of a ship comparable to his without some chain of command over me, but there's not enough people left for him to do anything about it. Viper Droids help train the nuggets while defending the Fleet, and the Defiant works with Galactica on several projects throughout the Exodus.
>>
>>46044578
Last one I've got prepped.

Jump 55: Futurama
>Identity
Alias: Jane Doe
Delivery Girl
>Skills
Do the Hustle--able to dance for hours, very well
Backup--have backup harddrive implanted as part of braincase.
Rocket Science--understanding of spaceship mechanics.
>Items
Thompson's Teeth--teeth strength buff
Scooty Puff Jr.--flimsy little windup space scooter for kids
Scooty Puff Sr.--SP Jr's bigger badass gunnut cousin
>Drawback
Hhhuuuwha?--tend to be absentminded and forgetful.

Need some ridiculosity after that dramadark mess. Had to leave the Defiant behind, but she's ridiculously slow compared to local ships. Weasel my way onto the Planet Express crew for hijinks and such, and try not to die. Should avoid Suicide Booths, Giant Space Wasps, and Holiday Specials.
>>
>>46044553
Is Hime a literal princess?
>>
>>46044368
There was some talk about apparently in-universe the locks on books were broken at some point, that if you get two copies of things from books, you can use them to create other things without threat of char and that essentially there are no power concerns with creating sapient humanoids-only mental ones.

Basically, to what extent does the jump's notes override how libriomancy works in canon? I think the issue was apparently if the jump's canon does take precedence it'd be wholly possible to do things like splice Saiyan DNA en masse without any consequences, which was generally seen as too broken.
>>
>>46044673
maybe you can break the lock post-spark? that seems to be the most reasonable

also oh god I'm glad there's a practical outfit for magical girls in Madoka, I did NOT need any of that silly pink fru-fru shit, I went there for infinite guns and not much else.
>>
>>46044670
You wouldn't think it by how she asks, and you'd be right not to. She's been around almost as long as Emmy, and we'd both spend hours riding her.

Hime was originally my Tamed Shirshu from Avatar:TLA. Generic Magical Girl made her sapient, and Santa gave her a human form. Personality-wise, she acts like an oversized puppy, only (thankfully) without licking everybody's face. She'll always be my little princess, though. *annoying pet/baby talk*
>>
>>46044775
Well, that's why I'm asking him now. Doubt it'll matter much considering threadly opinion of the guy is about as low as it can get, but I don't recall any kind of consensus being reached on whether to keep or dump the jump so hopefully we can shed some light on these points.

>>46044368
To reiterate-I think the question about dodging char gain via copies of copies is one of the most crucial thing to ask about. The other being-someone apparently reproduced Balefire using libriomancy, except according to the guy I heard it from i thread it didn't behave like regular Balefire so what's up with that? Is the implication libriomancy only does subpar reproductions of sufficiently complex things?

Also apparently in canon people pulled things out of SCREENS as wel as books so-that should be doublechecked.
>>
>>46044288
>No files
No files what? No files what!
You've cut off a bit in your report.
>>
79. Cave Story
Origin: Mimiga (-50)
Perks: Moonjump, Built to Last (-100), Yamashita Dreams, Aren't You Forgetting Something (-100), Gentle Scent (-100), Keeper of the Garden (-200), The Power of the Red Flower (-300)
Items: A Red Flower Garden Plot (-150)
8 Companions (-400)
Drawbacks: Wartime Blues (+400)

Chimmy: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, Arthur's Blade (-300)
Falco: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, Fingers of the North Star (-100), Snake (-200)
Roberta: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, A Sweet Scarf and Hat Combo (-50), EWS (-150), Whimsical Star, Polar Star (-100)
Ko'el: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, Bubbler (-300)
SoB: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, Sky Dragon Egg (-200), Map System (-100)
Asriel: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, Fingers of the North Star (-100), Advanced Transportation (-200)
Isaac: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, Flesh and Metal (-300)
Toby: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, Sweet Hot Pink Superbike (-100), Machine Gun (-200)

So, here's the plan: Falco and Asriel forge me a weird gun that shoots blasts of ice. At second level it shoots bigger chunks for more damage. At max EWS it shoots dragon shaped blasts that I can cause to shift direction by shooting the gun a second time. It shifts at half the angle of the second fired shot, so if I shot forward, then up, the shot would change direction 45 degrees.

Asriel will shift into his Gogoat altform and due to mystical and biological reinforcements become my mount/battering ram. He's also in charge of building teleporters in the different zones. Everyone else will work as support while we fight our way to the Demon Crown, distracting the enemy robot army and making nuisances of themselves. They're basically Gandalf and Aragorn and the rest, while Asriel and I are Samwise and Frodo.

HUZZAH! LET'S GO BLOW UP A HAT!
>>
>>46039954
Where did you get that picture of me?
>>
>>46044908
*quick check* well, crap. *quick edit* there we go.
>>
Can somebody familiar with tales of Vesperia answer a question for me? The main benefit of both child of the full moon and Entelexeia appears to be casting magic without Blastia (i imagine these are sort of like ff7 materia?) If that's so is there any reason to take Entelexeia over child of the full moon?
>>
>>46044969
You get to be a giant badass monster that doesn't poison nature and life like a horrible plague the way the children do.

You can also be transformed into a much smaller but more powerful spirit that can metabolize aer properly.
>>
>>46044967
Phew. That was lucky. Who knows what that fiend could have done with those files.
Seriously, what did you do with the files? Did you actually not get in there?
>>
>>46042224
So is there any reason to go Awakened over Reqiuem? (Other than the Stand sentience)
>>
>>46045012
Fiend? I'm a fiend? I can't be a fiend, I'm too cute and cuddly. I'd say fluffy if it weren't for me staying in human form for (most of) that Jump.

It's amazing what an eidetic memory and a page per second reading speed can get you. That particular instance got me all of the personnel files and roughly a third of the documents concerning anomalies at Site-06-3. Even as paranoid as they are, they still assume I didn't get in if they caught me "trying to get in."
>>
In Medaka Box, does the Minus drawback that's required for buying any Minus powers mean you'll be a full-stop sadistic monster no matter what?
>>
>>46045199

Super star destroyer
>>
>>46045199
the Executor-Class Star Dreadnaught (RotJ's Super Star Destroyer) has a length of 19 km. If I recall the Light of Terra gets up to 23 km-ish please correct me someone who actually knows.
>>
>>46045221

What is bigger a super star destroyer or light of Terra also this was me >>46045221 correcting my self.
>>
>>46045278
http://www.merzo.net/indexSD.html
>>
In Bastion, would the activation of the Bastion's reset feature kill you/cause you to fail the jump? I ask because it seems that the Bastion forcibly resets the world to an earlier state before the calamity using core magic but in this earlier state the jumper wouldn't exist.
>>
>>46045278
>>
>>46044288
>Hanging out 706
>Not hanging out with Cain, that Mesopotamian God, the weird teleporting guy, or the cannibal that thinks he's King Henry.
>>
File: this must be the work of.jpg (22 KB, 272x222) Image search: [Google]
this must be the work of.jpg
22 KB, 272x222
>>46039923
>tfw married Eshe from Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs

>>46039954
Well, since you literally posted me, I'll oblige.

Things got /weird/ in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

>>46042284
Are you sure you didn't mean pic related?

>>46045327
I have no idea.
>>
>>46045249
16 to 36
>>
>>46045075
Little late, but to be honest, there's a slight danger of Requiem overwhelming you, plus there's the difficulty of actually acquiring a Stone Arrow in-univerese. Other than that, though...
>>
>>46045323

What class is the Light of terra
>>
>>46045376
Gloriana. It's custom. Baby said it can be something like 16-36km long and it's up to you.
>>
Okay, so it looks like the random number generator gods are going to punish me for saying my last Jump was bland. I rolled Forgotten Realms and Atropus as my Elder Evil Don't judge me I want those points!. My question is what the heck am I defeating? Because everything I'm finding just points to a dead moon in a slowly decaying orbit. I mean, I think I can blow up a moon. I have to be missing something, right?
>>
>>46045370
Don't you need the Arrow to get an Awakened stand, too?
>>
>>46045075
You could do both. Not at the same time but awakened first then requiem
>>
>>46045356
Damaged girls are my weakness. I just want to see them smile.

>>46045360
>>46045353
>>46045278
>>46045393

So yeah, the LoT's bigger unless you're a wimp and want a smaller version.
>>
>>46045394
It's a giant undead god in the shape of a moon. It causes a zombie apoc more or less.

Blowing up Atropus is only a good idea if you can kill all of him. Otherwise he splits into dead god fetuses.
>>
>>46045215
Well, that depends on your definition of monster, you won't necessarily be sadistic but you will find value in suffering.
Speaking of which, what would be the effect of combining the minus drawback with the messiah complex drawback?
>>
>>46045426
People said you can't have both, though.
>>
>>46045441
So reenacting Armageddon is out of the question, gotcha. Still, that seems rather weak compared to the rest of them.
>>
>>46045448
Maybe tone down the fact that you value others' suffering but ratchet up how much you value your own suffering?
>>
>>46045466
Their powerlevels are all over the place. There's a more powerful copy of Atropus in Pathfinder that will end all of reality if he touches NotSigil, though. They use dead atheists to scare him off.
>>
>>46045481
I'm rolling with D&D 3.5. I'm /way/ more familiar with that system than Pathfinder. Good to know though. Thanks.
>>
>>46045448
Hello Kotomine.
>>
>>46045574
You'll be able to roll with both when I finish, don't worry.
>>
>>46045607
Oh snap. That you, Venture-Captain?

Just one question: will there be OC Companions?
>>
>>46045630
OC companions for Pathfinder jump? I've never tried such a thing before, anon, so probably not.
>>
>>46045450
It doesn't say that in canon so i just fanwank.
>>
>>46045575
He doesn't want to save people though just suffering.
>>
>>46045670
Will there at least be an option to create new companions with a set amount of CP?

Will I be able to get a young dragon/wyrmling as a companion?
>>
>>46045075
Late answer, but:

If you're a powergaming jackass like me, you can delay getting either and go Awakened if you need a specific ability to deal with a situation you're not ready for yet. Awakened abilities are tailored to deal with whatever scenario caused the Stand user to be stabbed by the Arrowhead again. At least, that's what I've been told.
>>
>>46045607
There's still work being done on the pathfinder jump? That's awesome. I thought it was dead. I'd just about given up on waiting for the little stall jumpchan opens in your warehouse that sells magical reagents/crafting materials.
>>
>>46045835
Of course.

That suggestion is noted and I'm willing to consider it to some degree. I don't want everything to be dragons like FR. I do know for a fact though that small dragons will be available for familiars just like in the base game. Tons of cute, tiny, but intelligent dragons exist in Pathfinder that make for great familiars and companions so those are a definite. It's only anything outside of that which is questionable.

>>46045945
I'm working on it, yeah. I dunno about that suggestion, it was made to Megacorp and not me after I took it over, so I'm not sure what you wanted out of it.
>>
>>46045796
You are right he also wants to save them with despair as well.
>>
>>46045874
I dont really do the tailored to a situation thing my stand is a slow healing type until awakening then its decent but then its got absolutely shitty range and speed. Im trying to figure out which soul related ability it should have besides fixing unfixable damage and healing spiritual things.
>>
So in Nanoha, what exactly does Consumed by Darkness entail? What's the deal with the disease? And I remember someone saying that the book gave the canon owner an absurd amount of power, and since you have to take the Control Problems drawback with it, I'm wondering if it does for you, too?
>>
>>46045999
>he also wants to save them with despair
Sounds like he could be besties with ASA.
>>
So if I take Strong Spark from Girl Genius, then get my grubby paws on some scifi tech, I should be able to bullshit technobabble my way into achieving pretty much whatever, right? I mean, excusing the fact that half the time the end result will only be tangentially related to my original intention.
>>
File: ALL KINDS OF GAINS.webm (3 MB, 850x480) Image search: [Google]
ALL KINDS OF GAINS.webm
3 MB, 850x480
Have you achieved the gains you wanted?
>>
>>46045448
I think I asked something like that a while ago, and the answer I got was that you'd try to help people within the scope of your fucked-up morals. For example, if you saw a child crying because his teddy bear was missing an eye, you'd rip an eye off of every teddy bear in the city so that they'd all be the same.
>>
File: PRAISE SOTEK.jpg (250 KB, 995x740) Image search: [Google]
PRAISE SOTEK.jpg
250 KB, 995x740
>>46046326
>implying gains on a Skink Priest

Leave that to the Saurus Warriors.
>>
>>46046326
Why yes I...

>That webm

...okay. I know this is the same show that has people in monster suits fighting, but it felt like they were at least trying to convince people that they are giant robots.
That suit, however, is just so obvious.
They could have at least not used those bootleg hulk hands.
>>
What jumps have OC companions?
I'm thinking about starting a new chain where I don't pick up companions that I'll eventually drop.

It's too heart breaking
>>
>>46046622
Generic Virtual World, the Light of Terra, The World Ends With You, Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs, and if you want to make your own, Worm, Forgotten Realms, and Sword and Sorcery have options for that.
>>
>>46042261

How do you control the aftershocks?

Stands aren't consistent, if you give billions of people a stand then you'll have ridiculous numbers of utterly crazy - potentially universe destroying - bullshit.

And doesn't it kill most non-protagonists?
>>
File: 83a107_4560822.jpg (1 MB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
83a107_4560822.jpg
1 MB, 2480x3508
>>46046705
Like so many problems, I solved that using stable time loops. If someone would have a stand that would immediately be uncontrollably just with the basic ability, or if they would be killed by it with no chance to seal it away using Heterodyne Locket based Technology, I would be stopped by an older me, who I would later become by going back to tell myself to not stab the subject with the arrow.
>>
>>46046819

Makes sense!

I'd argue that there are vastly easier and more effective methods of mass empowerment, but none of those are as fabulous.
>>
Requiem:《HEAL THE WORLD》
Destructive power: B
Speed: A
Range: B
Durability: A
Precision: B
Developmental potential: E
Abilitiy(s): {Hand of Health}the stand can now restore some one's age back to the prime of thier life, as well as being able to heal spiritual wounds, and unhealable wounds and damage. This may take awhile and cannot be used in combat reliably but any wound spiritual or not can be healed. (The user cannot be healed with this ability.) The longer range means more people can be healed at a range of 20m. The vines can be controlled purple hermit style.
{Stand by Me} the stand wraps its self around the target copy the beings very soul. Any soul copied this way will be at least worth 1/10 of its original self. This cannot be used on the user and it rakes and incredible amount of time aswell as having permission from said person whose soul is to be copied.
The stand looks like a very thick jet blue version of purple hermit with hearts running all across its length and glowing golden crosses inside of the hearts.
Is this to over powered do i need to think of something different i tried to think of what would suit me it just felt right.
>>
>>46046819
Hey, would it be possible to use the Curse-B-Gone thing from Rick and Morty to remove the chance of dying after being scratched?
>>
>>46046913
That's not a curse, anon. It's an inherent trait.
>>
>>46046819
>If someone would have a stand that would immediately be uncontrollably just with the basic ability,
>I would be stopped by an older me
That... kind of depends on the stand not just, you know, killing you. Or doing anything else to make you not go back such as stopping time travel, mindfucking you, making itself seem like it was (is? would be?) less dangerous than it actually was...
>>
>>46046905
Hmm, should the speed really be A since all of the abilities are to slow to be used in combat?
>>
>>46046939
Not to mention preventage through time travel and loops is just.. I dunno...

dumb? Really removes the concept of actual character gain or loss because you're handholding yourself, in some cases likely literally?

I mean it's their chain, their story, their choice, but at the same time from a story standpoint it seems pretty limited
>>
>>46046946
The vines come out at near ludicrous speeds. It's one of the best combat related things unconsciously i can block attacks with it. The stand its self is fast the abilities are not, do you think that it should be changed.
>>
>>46046868
If you are talking about super-viruses, the Strange Formula from MCU, Cauldron Vials, Aura, Pyromancy, the Escafil Device, the Bending Scrolls, Hammon, Chakra, Deliver us from ACTRAISER, or just throwing a bunch of Tech at people, then yes, I also did that, but stands are cool, and I like to cover all of my bases.
>>46046939
But anon, she would be stopped by her future self if it was too dangerous, and in order, just killing them, Abomination and Astral Layers, and a lot of analysis perks and soul science.
>>46047002
That's what anti fate perks are for. I just prefer stable time loops because they feel cleaner and less likely to go horribly wrong.
>>
Someone a few threads ago mentioned a perk that lets you fuse with spirits/projections that you have. Anyone know what that's from?
>>
File: Further Shock.png (11 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
Further Shock.png
11 KB, 480x320
>>46047035
>I just prefer stable time loops because they feel cleaner and less likely to go horribly wrong.
>Anything with time
>Stable
>No clue how anti fate perks account into any of this

You've lost me and I will admit we'll probably never see eye to eye on this matter besides me going, "That's dumb and doesn't make sense"
>>
>>46046905
Oh i forgot to put it can fix mental stuff as well, like insanity and multiple personalities.
>>
>>46047128
It was some comedy webcomic about a detective I think, the art style is really minimalist, kinda like stick figures, I don't remember the name though sorry
>>
>>46047128
>>46047188
Problem Sleuth?
>>
File: Time Travel for Dummies.png (82 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Time Travel for Dummies.png
82 KB, 600x400
>>46047153
A stable time loop is when the time traveller causes the event which causes them to time travel. Anti Fate perks are for letting me break a time loop by doing something that hasn't already happened and not be doomed to die of chronic doom radiation, effectively telling causality to go away while I do something that I very obviously didn't do the first time around. And let's agree to disagree, because time travel is awesome.
>>
>>46047236
Yeah that's it
>>
>>46047254
>>46047236
I'm not seeing anything like that in the jump.
>>
File: this is not wright.jpg (104 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
this is not wright.jpg
104 KB, 400x240
>>46047237
>because time travel is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLjIOzQTBHc
>>
>>46047237
That makes no sense whatsoever. That just doesn't. How does that make sense. When has anti-fate perks let you tell causality to go away? When has it ever worked like that?
>>
>>46047328
>>46047237
Have to agree, anti fate doesn't let you decide cause and effect freely. It just lets you stop, yknow, fate and destiny stuff, not cause and effect of something.
>>
>>46047298
Combat Operendi: Abstracted Thought, I believe.
>>
>>46047372
Really? Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I'm not seeing how that would let you fuse with a projection?
>>
>>46047319
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeGw5QyX8Qo
>>46047328
>>46047348
Sorry, that was terrible phrasing on my part. It is more of a case of causing the timeline to diverge by not repeating what has already been done, essentially retconning what happened by not playing the fated part, and avoiding the resulting paradox with a combination of anti fate perks and anti time travel related issue perks.
>>46047372
>COMBAT OPERANDI: ABSTRACTED THOUGHT – Normally, you'd have to find a safe place to concentrate to project an imaginary version of you into the Imaginary Universe. With this skill, you no longer need to be actively imagining yourself to support their imaginary existence. Your imaginary self is now a fully functional extension of yourself capable of independent actions and thoughts. This could be applied to other psychic or metaphysical extensions of yourself, if you wish.
>[400 CP], discount Inspector
>>
>>46047428
* So it would allow you to have your projections act by themselves, not fuse with them.
>>
>>46047428
Would you mind posting your whole Perk combo for creating Stable Time Loops?
>>
>>46047348
If anything, anti fate ENFORCES cause and effect - making it so I that if you take an action then the consequences of the action occurs, and not some inescapable fated consequence that somehow occurs regardless of what else happens.

Admittedly that's making some assumptions about how 'fate' works.

Besides all that though, I'm sure we can all think of situations where anti destiny and time loops would go hand in hand, depending on the nature of the time loop, local metaphysics etc. And time loops are kind of neat.

Actuall, has there's ever been any talk about a Mother of Learning jump? /spoiler]
>>
>>46047428
That's what I thought. Oh well, thanks anyway to the anons who suggested it.
>>
>>46047428
That... still doesn't make sense at all. Anti-fate doesn't let people split timelines. I don't think "anti-fate" means what you think it means.
>>
>>46047237
How do you explain the Boot Strap Paradox?
>>
>>46047475
I think she shouldn't have used the word Fate, but perks to prevent herself being screwed over by time manipulation, plus perks, powers, or items that let her manipulate time is a very potent combo. Using just them I can see how you could do that sort of thing.
>>
There are perks that stop time travel from mucking you up, though.
>>
>>46047428
Alice, I think you're a little confused here: Anti-Fate is the ability to defy destiny, an abstract concept that enforces a singular, linear path to time, making sure events happen a certain way. This allows you to change a victory to a defeat, or vice versa. It allows you to kill those who were supposed to live, or save those who would die. It can even, at max, prevent the stars from aligning in a way that guarantees doom. It does not allow you to pull time shenanigans, and if anything would wreck a stable time loop because all the OTHER variables would change too.
>>
>>46047459
The most easy way I can think of is to take the Phoenix Gate in Gargoyles, since it can only create stable time loops, possibly combined with One possible future from your point of view from the Terminator Jump so you can make sense of it.
>>46047465
Actually that was more what I was thinking, with the actions being solely the result of previous actions.
>>46047475
>>46047475
This is essentially what I meant to say. I should probably get to sleep.
>>46047557
There is a reason why I said stable time loops are cleaner and less likely to end badly, because breaking the stable time loop will most likely causes errors in time loops that would take place later, meaning that all my plans based on pre-established time loops up to that point are moot.
>>
>>46047602
But that's what I'm saying: Anti-Fate NEGATES that. Gargoyles has You Can't Fight Fate in play: destiny can not be denied. But with those perks, that's all thrown out the window: you stopped one stand user from going nuclear, but another one did. You stop him, two more go hot. You stop them, the two from before are acting up again. And you said a hell of a lot more than four
>>
File: TimeForDoubleAlice.png (14 KB, 1537x692) Image search: [Google]
TimeForDoubleAlice.png
14 KB, 1537x692
Three minutes in paint. Is this what you mean?
>>
>>46047661
Essentially, yes. Also, you are now my favourite anon, and I am saving that forever.
>>
File: NoDoubleAlice.png (23 KB, 1537x899) Image search: [Google]
NoDoubleAlice.png
23 KB, 1537x899
>>46047661
>>46047677
I think I missed a step actually, the 'stable time loop part, here have a fixed version.
>>
>>46047661
>>46047677
And now this makes even less sense.
>>
>>46047677
Wait what. That's your process, your plan? Y-you're kidding, right? That's...that's not how it works. Like, at all.
>>
>>46047661

As usual this comes down to "time travel is fucking stupid, because everyone uses a slightly different default method".

Because that's how worldline-hopping works.

Time travel immunity only matters for the target if the setting uses retardo-travel.
>>
>>46047677
Maybe you should stop referring to the perks as Anti Fate and use time immunity instead.
>>
File: FuckTimeTravel.png (32 KB, 1537x1183) Image search: [Google]
FuckTimeTravel.png
32 KB, 1537x1183
Final try at paint time travel
Also, filename relevant
>>
>>46047737
That STILL wouldn't work though. All time immunity perks are for OTHER people changing the timeline, like Homura or Lavos.
>>
>>46047762
*All* of them? Every single one explicitly says that? I could have sworn there was at least one that said something more general like "You are immune to being messed up by time manipulation."
>>
>>46047649
While Stand granting is one of those situations where I didn't diverge the timeline, yes, if I were to use anti time manipulation perks it would boil down to me running around trying to prevent stand users from going nuclear, or, more likely, just stop giving out stands because there are ways that involve less risk.
>>46047696
It's time travel, anon. It never makes sense.
>>46047708
Yes anon, yes it is.
>>46047737
I probably should. Honestly, I probably shouldn't be debating time travel while tired.
>>46047758
Pretty much my opinion at this point as well. Thanks though.
>>46047762
>600: According to My Records
A gift from a woman in glasses, you've gained a certain resistance to the more bothersome side effects of time travel. You won't be affected by any form of paradox and cannot simply be erased by a retcon or being killed in the past. This does not protect the rest of the world however, and if you are killed in the past, the world will change to reflect that. You will still live and retain your memory, but no one else will remember you or your actions.
>Narnian Time: Second, you find yourself extremely resistant to temporal shenanigans. Attempts to cast you adrift in time and space will end up sending you someplace mildly inconvenient. Attempts to freeze you in an endless moment will simply slow you down. Attempts to assassinate your pregnant grandmother will result in very awkward family reunions. This protection also applies, to a lesser extent, to the unintended consequences of any temporal shenanigans you might initiate yourself.
>>
>>46047789
When they say "being messed up by time manipulation", that tends to be more to manipulation by others. I don't think any perk is going to save you if you decide to paradox your ass out of existence.
>>
>>46047821
>You won't be affected by any form of paradox and cannot simply be erased by a retcon or being killed in the past.
>>
If you pull the same bullshit that DIO did could you make your stand an "OVER HEAVEN" stand? Or would that count as a win loss for jojo?
>>
>>46047789
Yeah, and those perks make even LESS sense because you or the world get altered as a result, and then you would have to deal with a situation where the variables are even MORE haywire
>>46047817
See above
>>
>All this time talk.

Are there any perks that prevent you from getting headaches?
>>
>>46047865
Uh, actually yeah, I think there's Index for processing this kind of information.
>>
>>46047817
>>46047835
Wait, so if you go back in time, then kill yourself... do you just not remember you?

Honestly the more you try to explain this the less sense it makes. I did not think it was possible to both get a headache and be bored out of my skull at the same time.
>>
>>46047902
Plus, Alice is forgetting what outside powers might think of this. I'd imagine more than a few time gods would like to chat with her about this plan.
>>
>>46047889
Terminator and Chronotrigger both have perks for understanding this shit. If you actuall meant headaches in general... there are probably some pain resistance perks, but all I can think of is Jumper-grade painkillers.
>>
>>46047035
>But anon, she would be stopped by her future self if it was too dangerous
You are literally throwing the arrowhead at millions of people, more even, and hoping none of the stands have a way to fuck your time travel warning system. That seems... risky, given the kind of shit stands have pulled, especially given the inherent problems with most time travel systems.
>>
>>46047850
Sure, but people don't like to talk about it.
>>
>>46047851
See the file name here: >>46047758
>>46047865
Either One Possible Future from your Point of view from the Terminator, or the Bottle of Rum from Pirates of the Caribbean.
>>46047902
Yes. At this point, I share that point of view.
>>46047925
No, that is a recurring problem in my late game chain, with plenty of negotiation, fights, and just ignoring each other if we are roughly equal.
>>46047953
Not all at once, and in a controlled environment via semi-automated methods. I wasn't actually anywhere nearby.
>>
>>46048014
To be honest, Alice, I'm not even sure how you're looping in the first place. The only real time travel item that can be safely used that actually allows you to go back in time, Return to the Past from Code Lyoko, only goes back in time one day and can only be used once.
>>
>>46048054
Actually, that is closer to mental time travel or save states from what I can tell, given that it seems to only send the consciousness rather than send you back, and you seem to have a choice in what you do rather than repeating what your past-future selves have done. When I say Stable Time Loop, do you think of the kind of thing in primer or groundhogs day?
>>
>>46048112
Groundhogs' Day: everything starts out the same but can be altered, even if it usually follows a certain path. Madoka is another good example.
>>
File: Causal_loop_billiard_ball.svg.png (38 KB, 540x650) Image search: [Google]
Causal_loop_billiard_ball.svg.png
38 KB, 540x650
>>46048143
When I say stable time loop, I am referring to a sequence of events (actions, information, objects, people) in which an event is among the causes of another event, which in turn is among the causes of the first-mentioned event. What you are thinking of is a Groundhogs Day loop.
>>
>>46047961
C'mon eyes of heaven wasn't that bad.
>>
>>46048177
Ah my mistake, then. Actually, reading your description and seeing the example, I confess I'm rather confused; what you're describing would not help change events, but cause them to happen in the first place, much like the Phoenix Gate from Gargoyles. This seems...a little redundant.
>>
>>46048200
true
HOWEVER I will fight anyone who tries to claim this as being canon

triply so for the purposes of jumpchain
>>
>>46048247
It's okay. At this point, nothing makes sense to anyone.
>>
>>46048200
I think other anon means its just more people either don't know or don't talk about what to do with something like the Heaven methods compared to Kars' bag of tricks. Its just a big thing to really touch because stands and I doubt anyone has a consensus on the whole matter
>>
>>46048258
>Eyes of Heaven
>Canon
God I hope not. Because if it is...I just lost a lot of respect for Dio, given how he made the same exact choices/mistakes, alternate universe or not.
>>
>>46048269
Yeah, that sounds about right. Actually, couldn't you just wish for time reversion
powers? The triforce would grant such a wish. Or a certain white weasel, if you're really desperate.
>>
>>46048269
That's like the definition of 4chan.

...is this the part where we go back in time and convince Moot to make 4chan?
>>
>>46048330
Didn't your background already make a wish in Makoka? Oh Goddamnit, I'm going to have to retcon a good chunk of my chain because I read something wrong again, aren't I?
>>46048359
Sure. Why not?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.