[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #655: Bad Decisions Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: 1444809953408.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1444809953408.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44726460
>>
Might as well start this with my question from last thread and hope Clover sees it.

In RWBY I imported a staff as the melee form of my variable weapon, and want to use twin pistols as the ranged form. The customization section says you get one melee and one ranged form free. Would I need to buy my weapon an extra form to have the dual pistols be one form, or could I just pay to import both pistols as the free ranged form?

I ask because I don't want to end up having it with two pistol forms it can swap between; I want my staff to separate and transform into the two pistols.
>>
>>44741660
Taking a page from your book.

Can someone explain exactly how Represent works?
>>
>>44731267
Only on the item yeah. No unlimited companions for you.
>>
How do you feel about swords?
>>
File: ice claws.gif (1 MB, 704x399) Image search: [Google]
ice claws.gif
1 MB, 704x399
>>44741728
I've got five on each hand.
>>
File: 139215581289.jpg (30 KB, 480x268) Image search: [Google]
139215581289.jpg
30 KB, 480x268
>>44741728
I am very good at making them.
But when it becomes so simple to fart out a "legendary" sword in an afternoon, they just start to become... tools.
>>
How are the Angels in Darksiders? I'm thinking of building that way for the jump, but if they're just dicks like so much contemporary fiction I'll pass.
>>
>>44741728
Worlds tend to have a lot less legendary swords when I leave.
>>
File: tumblr_nafgqfzsil1rfuha9o1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nafgqfzsil1rfuha9o1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>>44741728
They're fine, especially if they're made of plasma or light enough to wield two at once, but I'd rather have a staff. Much more versatile.
>>
>>44741728
They're okay, but hammers are where its at.
>>
>>44741981
My brother of African descent!
>>
>>44741728
They are pointy and messy things and I will not use one if I can avoid it.
>>
Im trying to put together a list of teachable powers. Any ideas?
So far I have naruto chakra,
D&d magic,
bleach,
Jojos bazaar adventure artowhead
Power armor from mcu genius line
Starwars force powers
Animorphs morphing cube
Sims has potions that can make you a witch

Is fullmetal alchemist alchemy teachable?

Worm cauldron viles

Any more?
>>
>>44741728
My weaponry goes fists > glaive > sword, but thanks to my powers and anatomy I can switch between this on a whim and combine.
>>
>>44742190
RWBY Aura.
>>
>>44742190
If you take or roll Archive magic from Fairy Tail, a lot more things become teachable via downloading things right into people's heads.
>>
>>44742232
>>44742216
Thanks
>>
>>44742190
>Is fullmetal alchemist alchemy teachable?
Yes, but it'd be difficult.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/37324070/#37325697
>>
>>44741728
ill admit im a bit of hoader for weapons and I stuff them where I can.
>>
>>44742190
Geneforge notes you can teach people the magic, because even if you couldn't, you could just use a Geneforge on them to shove the magic in them. So it's just removing a step.
>>
File: RWBY plushes.gif (501 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
RWBY plushes.gif
501 KB, 480x270
So how do you guys feel about collectibles? Those little 50-100 CP items that you pick up as souvenirs?
>>
>>44741686
It looks like you have to have not had a Semblance for the ten years in RWBY, which does mean you can't use it on the main characters unless you pod them or use a return.

Once you've got it you probably need to do something a bit like what Phyrra did to awaken Jaun's Aura, to 'harmonise' with them. After that you can mimic a small portion of their Semblance. They would of course need to have a Semblance to mimic, so just doing it to people you've just awakened Aura in wouldn't work. This would give you a lot of variety over time, but not as much power or flexibility with the individual powers as the actual Semblance owner would have.

Does this make sense? It's just how I understand it as working so Clover may come along and correct me but that seems to be how it works.
>>
>>44742190
Esper Powers from Raildex, if you take Hard Science.
>>
>>44742450
Yeah, that makes sense, thanks.

Doesn't seem particularly useful, but it's about what I expected.
>>
If you go to one of the "real world" jumps like musician or career model, what would you find if you go to your own house?
>>
Stupid_dog and friends, if you're about, I have a question about the Buffy jump: I can't find an option to just Drop-In? Spare Key screws with other people's minds and Lawyer screws with my own. Yes, I know the latter says it "only influences your memory if you request it", but it also says you've got a "degree in law, and the knowldge to use it" [sic] and with Wolfram & Hart involved I'm not trusting anything claimed there even if I did want to work for them (which I don't).

P.S. the Penalty Box drawback appears to be missing a part ("lose their are manipulated" [sic]).
>>
>>44742778
Well my house was built where there used to be an orchard, so I like to imagine that there's still an orchard, with no houses.
>>
>>44742811
Wolfram & Hart gave you the lawyer package, according to their paperwork, but since you pay points it's given via the sponsor's fiat - in that case, you get exactly what's on the label, nothing more and nothing less. If you don't get the package and go through them in-jump, which is theoretically possible, you decidedly do not get such protections.

But yeah, Spare Key basically IS the drop-in option; there's another individual who gets written into reality in the same way, with everyone's memories altered to match.
>>
So I've got some questions about the D&D jumps.

>Which one do you think handles magic items best?
>How would you like to see them handled?
>Which ones' Companion imports/options do you like most?
>Which one handles Classes best, in your opinion?
>>
>>44742907
Why does that matter?
>>
>>44742907
Ravenloft for all of them, actually. Mostly because I get to fluff them however I want without relying on another entire game system's framework.
>>
>>44742907
I don't even know which ones are D&D Jumps.

I probably liked Order of the Stick the most just because the perks were about the story telling flavor instead of the game, and I took it as implicit that I could build a character according to RAW if I wanted based on the class I chose. The WoD and D&D jumps tend to suffer when they try to offer a simplified (or unsimplified) char gen. Much better to represent fluff, ideas, and the themes of the precise setting or splat instead of play mechanics and crunch.

It's not precisely what you asked for, but I hope it helps.
>>
>>44742835
To quote Giles, "Bugger." It looks like a fun ride, but I'm too much of a paladin to screw with other people's minds or work for W&H. The Buffyverse will have to go on the post-spark itinerary.
>>
>>44742907
I think Dark Sun and OOTS the most. I DO think that jumps for settings with classes should include some kind of class mechanic, but FR is rather poorly made. Everything else is far too vague. What kind of class am I? How do my powers work? What powers do I get? In DnD your class means everything to what you actually can do and how you do it, and the more vague DnD settings that don't give you a class just completely ruin the system, and give you no idea of anything.
>>
>>44742982
It's no different from being written into the universe in any other way, except that people can find out you actually DON'T belong there. Buffy got a little sister out of the deal and has never been happier, for instance.
>>
So, has anyone claimed Final Fantasy Tactics yet? Not Advanced, the other one. It's something I'd like to go to, but I just can't get in the right mindset to make a jump for it.
>>
>>44743021
Buffy is an odd duck. I like to think most people would reject the abomination and any cosmic order that retconned it into their lives.
>>
>>44743028
I /think/ someone's working on it, but I can't confirm that.
>>
>>44743021
A lot of people go for the "reincarnation with temporary memory loss" angle with origins.
>>
>>44743028
There's a WIP, is there not?
>>
>>44743035
Well no one in the series actually had an issue with Dawn, she actually seemed to be pretty popular with the people who were aware she was actually a magical construct retconned into their lives.
>>
>>44743035
Why? She didn't seem any less human than anyone else due to the nature of her birth.
>>
>>44743035
Meh, I went in as Xander's sister for that one, simply because his home life sucks and I wanted to give him a better one. He probably could have used a big brother, honestly, but... slayer package.

Mostly I kept popping up unexpectedly to slap the bleach out of Buffy's head when she has blonde moments. So about every ten minutes, some nights.

>>44743045
Yeah, that's true, but this is hardly different. You aren't fucking with peoples' memories per se, you are literally being written into reality retroactively, if memory serves.
>>
>>44743028
There's an existing WIP, I've never been able to figure out if it's still "in progress" or not since the author kind of disappeared.
>>
>>44743021
Sorry, my inner paladin's reaction to your "it's no different, except..." was to give it, you and me 'The Look'.

>>44743059
I suspect that's mainly because Dawn wasn't personally responsible for the mindscrew and it was just as involuntary for her as it was for everyone else.
>>
Okay Jumpers I'm trying to become the most fire thing to have ever existed ever so tell me perks for fire powers, fire control, fire generation, anything of the sort.

Give me as many jumps as possible because now that Akame Ga Kill is a thing I'm gonna be Anti-Esdeath but with fire instead.
>>
>>44743074
She isn't natural, she isn't theirs, and she was forced on them without any choice.
>>
>>44743136

For a start, go to forgotten realms and become either a fire elemental or an efreet.

Then you want to take firebending and genius twice from both avatar jumps.
>>
File: feed the fire.gif (499 KB, 490x263) Image search: [Google]
feed the fire.gif
499 KB, 490x263
>>44743136
Just ask OAA whenever he's around. He's all about fire.
>>
>>44743136
Pyre of the Seraphic in Age of Ice.

Get it, after that it's up to you what you do with it. It gives you a constant supply of fire mana, and you can either throw people into it to turn them into Fire Elementals or you can pull an OAA and rewrite it's metaphysics.
>>
>>44743129
I recommend, in that case, that you don't take any role but drop-in.
>>
>>44743206
>Pyre of the Seraphic in Age of Ice.
Mix it with the First Flame.
>>
>>44743163
Fair enough. I think at that point Buffy was more or less just rolling with how weird her life was.
>>
>>44743239
First Flame I'd be careful with. Take only a small sample of it and grow it from there. It consumes souls like tinder.
>>
>>44743242
I'd take it out on the girl less than I would those who forced her on me. I'd definitely shun her though.
>>
>>44743239
That reminds me. Get the Lord Souls in Dark Souls, and Forge of Souls from God of War. Forge from the Lord Souls, like a lamp or something.
>>44743257
It's not really an issue those souls were fed to it intentionally by the people who had them. The very first thing that people did when the first fire appeared was take the Lord Souls out of it. It's nature is tied to the Lord Souls, but it doesn't just consume them.
>>
>>44743242
>was more or less just rolling with how weird her life was.

Sounds like the average Jumper companion.
>>
>>44743261
I don't think I could shun her, were I in the same position. She'd be some sort of biological relative, a fourteen year old child, the key to the end of the world that I don't want running off, and actually my legal responsibility. That's close enough to actual family for me. I didn't choose my other sisters either, so it really wouldn't be too different.
>>
>>44743207
True, not a good idea to annoy my inner paladin, the dude's got a lot more ranks in Sense Motive than I do in Bluff. I'm at 122 jumps so far, still Drop-In.
>>
>>44741703
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>44743136
Take something like Adaptive Body from God of War, okay?

And then take somma dese special flames rolling around, like Summerfire and Soul Fire and the Dying Will Flames, and eat 'em.

Better yet just >>44743172
>>
>>44742190
blue magic from final fantasy 8
>>
>>44743081
>you are literally being written into reality retroactively, if memory serves.
If you mean for the origin in question, that's pretty clearly not the case: "memories of your family will be modified to think you've been here all your life." To think it meaning they're wrong.
For the character the origin is based on, it's iffier, but I'd say there's no actual modification of the past going on since there's no application of the butterfly effect beyond things the spell changed directly as a cover.
>>
Are there any perks or abilities where I can bind a living soul? Because there is a few characters I've read about in Akame ga kill that don't deserve the sweet release of death.
>>
>>44743393
DnD has what you're looking for. You can tie the souls to shiny enough rocks. If you can get your hands on a Millenium Item you can also start shadow games that let you force souls into cards. Evangelion has Soul Science which stuck people in mechs. There's probably something for it in Undertale, maybe.
>>
>>44743383
I see. I stand corrected then, thank you.
>>
>>44743171
go efreet, you get the ability to grant three wishes a day.
>>
>>44743435
I want to be able to torture the souls in question that I bind would those still allow it?
>>
>>44743393
Elder Scrolls
FMA
>>
>>44743460
Evangelion's soul science would, at least. Unsure about the rest.
>>
>>44743393
Dark Binding.

Well, no. They'd technically be dead. But you can make them be aware and in pain, if you want to.

Which you do!
>>
>>44743393
hellsing's dark binding for evil beings you kill and castlevania's power of dominance works on monsters
>>
>>44743435
>>44743497
>>44743528
>>44743532
>>44743554
Thank you all.
>>
Speaking of Dark Binding, can you actually use the powers of those you absord that way?
>>
>>44743626
Yes.
>>
>>44743626
People say that, but we have two examples and neither of them display it.

Alucard sends them out at the end as his personal soul army, and primarily fights by gunfighting. Seras can manifest Pip during that fight with the werewolf and gets the shadow-arm-tentacle-thing.
>>
>>44743934
The manifestation of Schrodinger's power is why Alucard discombobulates.
>>
>>44743967
That's not really using a power though so much as a poor reaction to Schrodinger's power. If Alucard were in control of that he wouldn't disappear.

Then again,
>>44743934
I swear I remembered him using Rip Van Winkles' bullet guidance power. But that might have just been me imagining what I wanted to happen. It's been awhile.
>>
>>44741660
>>44741686

Clover here. I have no Internet until the weekend so ill make this quick.

Two guns counts as one form.

Represent is gained when you decide not to choose your backgrounds semblance or purchase one. It starts at year zero but is effectively nothing. Level up your social links to unlock true power!
>>
>>44744022
Pretty sure he just summons Rip to have her shoot bullets, same with Alhambra.
>>
>>44744022
>I swear I remembered him using Rip Van Winkles' bullet guidance power.
I believe that was after he summoned her and she was the one using it. I guess technically you could say Alucard was using it since she was his slave. He did the same with the card guy. Manifestation seems to be needed but Alucard suddenly popped up at the end of the series so it's possible their abilities are usable without summoning.
>>
>>44744035
Quick question if you're still here, does "mimic a small fraction of other Semblances" mean a small fraction of each Semblance's power or a small fraction of the number of Semblances you encounter?
>>
>>44744099
I remember reading something like he had to dump out all his souls to come back, so... I dunno honestly.
>>
Is it me or is there something wrong with Spiral Knight Jump? For some reason I just get a grey page.
>>
>>44744035
>Two guns count as one.
Great! Thanks. I still need to pay to import both don't I?
>>
>>44744211
Copy on the drive is working for me, fwiw.
>>
>>44744211
Works for me.
>>
>>44744211
Refresh the page and look at it again Many.
>>
>>44744256
Hrm. The perk for your Variable Weapon says "For 25CP you can import weapons". That's weapons, plural. So: Variable Weapon, free. Import a staff and a pair of guns, 25CP. Result: a staff that can turn into a pair of guns and back. Just don't lose either of the guns or you wouldn't be able to change them back to a staff, I guess?
>>
Does anyone have a good Idea for an Amber Based Emotional Flux? No matter how hard I look, I can't find anything for associated emotions.
>>
>>44744532
You might wanna wait for the update. It'll probably be clearer then.
>>
File: antispiral.jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
antispiral.jpg
85 KB, 600x338
>>44741728
We used to think they were cool. No, really-long ago we spec'd in german swordsmanship and CQC. These days? Well, we feel just about as strongly for them as any melee weapon-that is to say, infinitely inferior to directed energy weapons.

The only way we really use them now is to spam them UBW-style using a High Speed Divine Words-enhanced array of Ars Megiddo projections. The Ars Megiddo used to merely be the Godslayer blackened first through Angel Slayer coruption, then our Noble Phantasm, then used as the epicenter for terrible DF dimensional magics/localised uber-Bounded Field experimentation to create an embodiment of divinity judging wrath.

Because frankly, that's as much dignity as the promises made by Erebus' "gods" deserve.
>>
>>44744446
>>44744280
>>44744277
I don't know what's going on. I've tried GDrive, it's a grey page. Tried chrome, only the first page shows up. Tried safari (I'm on my phone) and it won't even load, says "loading error".
>>
>>44744732
I want to see someone using a bunch of Sol Blades in some UBW copy. Summoning hundreds of swords that each summon a meteor would be a funny sight to see.
>>
>>44744773
Maybe your phone's OS or PDF-reading app has borked. Reboot your phone?
>>
>>44744773
Have you tried power cycling your device?
>>
>>44744513
So it does. Thanks for pointing that out.
>>
>>44744773
Have you got it working?
>>
File: Spiral Knights Jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Spiral Knights Jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44744773
Try this?

Might be like the Jojo jump in that there's a corrupted image that keeps it from being loaded on certain devices. At least this jump can be fixed if that's the case.
>>
What perks would let me pull off a V for Vendetta style plot?
>>
Pact jump when?
>>
>>44746039
When you make it Anon.
>>
>>44746061
I know
>>
>>44746039
>endless arguments about "how do I kill Barbatorem/Faysal/The Abyss" when?

FTFY
>>
File: image.png (312 KB, 452x630) Image search: [Google]
image.png
312 KB, 452x630
>>44744833
>>44744840
>>44745190
>>44745374
Thanks for everyone's help. I did all that, and thanks for the PDF. It would seem that the one that was recently updated for whatever reason kept failing to load. There was a older version of a few days that loaded perfectly.
>>
>>44743021
>Buffy
>Happy
Nigga please, to be a Whedon Protagonist is to suffer.
>>
Transmetropolitan question:If I have an extra life can I become a foglet without losing the jump?
>>
>>44743129
Your inner paladin kinda has a stick up his ass, and should maybe get laid, or have a cup of mead, or something.
>>
>>44746567
I suspect not...as I think "Extra Life" only kicks in if you die, and becoming a foglet isn't dying, it counts as "Choosing to Stay or Go Home".
>>
>>44743371
>>44742518
Thanks going on the list
>>
>>44743129
He was saying that it's no different from any identity but drop-in from other jumps but that you don't get memories from it. Unless you're one of those 'Drop-Ins only' guys your inner paladin needs to get his paladining license revoked because he's an idiot.
>>
>>44746560
Well she attracts lovers like crazy. She even went lesbian for awhile.
>>
>>44743136
I accidentally ended up doing a fire thing this run after some bizarre rolls in Light of Terra. Got Pyromancy and Molten Warrior from the Magnus/Ahriman DLC and then rolled Pyromaniac twice on the table in the last DLC. There's also a couple of fire like things in the C'tan reward thing at the end if you don't break the deadlight.

For other stuff there's PMD and the moves you can get there.

Elemental Monarch in Adventure Time is pretty diverse and you can choose fire which lets you create, control and make little dudes out of fire.

Smoke Conduit in InFamous has fire stuff.

The season perk in Narnia can probably do some forest fire style stuff if you choose summer.

You can pick up some other weird fires in certain jumps. Fiendfyre in Harry Potter and Wildfire in ASoIaF are pretty powerful but dangerous.

You can also get elemental perks from most superhero jumps.
>>
>>44746896
Speaking of narnias season perk we know what summer and winter do but what do the more subtle seasons like fall or spring do?
>>
>>44744103
I think I recall Clover giving an example a while ago where it was said that copying Ruby's Semblance could give you something like superspeed in short bursts, and Pyrrha's might let you do the "subtle adjustment" thing she does. So it's probably intended to be closer to the former.

It's also probably going to be the latter in practice as well, since just encountering a semblance isn't enough to copy it. You've got to "harmonize" with the user to copy it. So you can copy the powers of your friends and the powers of people you care about and teach aura to, but you can't copy the powers of someone you just met in the middle of a fight. Unless, potentially, you have a shit-ton of befriending perks.
>>
>>44746379
Aren't they unkillable because "magic?" Wouldn't you be able to kill them by having one of those "you can kill unkillable things if you can beat them" perks and being pretty strong?
>>
>>44746379
>endless arguments about "how do I waifu Barbatorem/Faysal/The Abyss" when?

FTFY FTFY
>>
>>44743171
>>44743172
>>44743206
>>44743362
>>44746896
Thanks guys! I'm gonna be so hot.
>>
>>44747014
Here's quick fanwanked description of Autumn I did for an aside awhile back.
>Its most notable trait is that of bringing things to fruition, although the ability may also be used to spoil things as well. It is a time of harvest and contentment, but also of fear of the coming winter and death of the plants. If overused Eternal Autumn is naught but a time of death and the end of things, with weariness and sloth following close behind.
>>
>>44747148
OAA pls go and stay cool
>>
So, I took Blue Oyster Cult as a Bad Blood Brando. Mostly because the stand for BBB is pretty meh. What's everyone else's stand? If you went with one.
>>
>>44741938
>How are the Angels in Darksiders?
Shamelessly reasking this question.
>>
>>44741728
Boring. I'm much more a fan of polearms, hammers, axes, or other specialized weapons. Swords are generalists, never the right tool for the job, and when I can just call whatever weapon I need, why would I want one?
>>
>>44742418
I'm a fan of them, especially the ones which are basically the platonic ideal of some consumable that I'd otherwise have to keep stocking up on. I think a lot of them are less useful than just grabbing an out-of-background 100 CP perk, though.
>>
>>44747247
Blue Oyster Cult too... went Joestar, and water control's pretty nice. Especially weaponising it with Hamon.

Also, because I suck at designing freeform stuff like this.

Speaking of... did JoJoAnon ever give a description of it's appearance or is it up to us?
>>
>>44747247
Ah, good old Moves Like Jagger. Nothing beats weaponized posing.
>>
>>44747143
Barbatorem literally looks like a fat faceless man in one of its' form and Faysal usually looks like a dog and the Abyss looks like. Oh, and both the Abyss and Barbatorem would rot your dick off for similar reasons as to why you shouldn't stick your dick in antimatter. Just saying.

>>44747071
From what I recall Wildbow lapsed into talking about wells of power when describing Faysal and Barber; the Barber keeps taking a different physical form so you could very well be killing a fragment of it before it magics more of itself into existence.

Don't get me wrong, demons and angels are killable but for reference: A demon of lesser powerlevel than the Barber (but admittedly, part of the most dangerous Choir of demons) was only stalemated by the power of a forgotten light god the size of a small planet. It took divine intervention by Dionysus to impede the Barber, and all it did was slow him down on the way to slaughtering an entire army of Others by posessing the guy who owned the demesne they lived in. To be fair though, it took a team of demon-serving lawyers to help him out of the Abyss first.

So in short-technically yes, you could in the same sense that you could kill Entities by being pretty strong.
>>
>>44747490
*the Abyss looks like every mistake you've ever made in your life being replayed to you in a dark, confined space that's actively trying to break you into something less than human
>>
>>44747490
>Barbatorem literally looks like a fat faceless man in one of its' form and Faysal usually looks like a dog and the Abyss looks like. Oh, and both the Abyss and Barbatorem would rot your dick off for similar reasons as to why you shouldn't stick your dick in antimatter. Just saying.

With crawling with love drawback or a gender bender perk and genre savior to make them all cute girls doing cute things (ok no gonna happen) and some form of antimatter body I can see it happening.
>>
>>44747500
>the Abyss looks like every mistake you've ever made in your life being replayed to you in a dark, confined space that's actively trying to break you into something less than human

Just fyi there was an anon trying to waifu the abyss from mage the awakening which is like x1000 time the worst idea ever. If it exists someone will try to waifu it.
>>
>>44747500
>*the Abyss looks like every mistake you've ever made in your life being replayed to you in a dark, confined space that's actively trying to break you into something less than human

Considering how many mistakes I've made in my very, very long series of lives, that sounds utterly terrifying.
>>
>>44747525
That's pretty impressive considering there isn't even an M:TA jump. And probably never will be.

>>44747512
Hah. People keep forgetting Genre Savior is a psychological awareness thing, not an instant-reality rewrite to make things conform to your chinese cartoon. And that Crawling With Love makes them no less unpleasant and awful, so you'd just end up split in half by a loli. Uh, one that bleeds puppies instead of maggots I guess.

Also I didn't mean antimatter in the literal sense, more that Pact demons are metaphysically anathema to existence. And a literal antimatter body would ruin all your romantic prospects forever even if it were possible
>>
>>44747564
Worst of all, the visions don't just...happen, like a projector. The protag who underwent them was stalked by a simulacrum of someone he considered a friend at one point and a manipulative bastard at a later point.

The whole thing is basically Silent Hill except the place would rather you turn into monsters than be punished forever.
>>
>>44747576
>That's pretty impressive considering there isn't even an M:TA jump. And probably never will be.

It was talked about for a while and somebody was supposedly making one.
>>
>>44747576
While I agree with you on all points I also cannot help but take them as a challenge.
>>
>>44747392
It's up to you.
>>
>>44747247
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12QI6MvAcUUxFnNuj0vhK733qmtItcxhhZMYYYRSlLms/
Here's my Stand document. My Stand is some fun illusionary BS with the bonus of being able to make itself look like mind control. Always fun to convince two guys that the other one attacked them first.
>>
Need some help /jc/.
What's the best way to get really good (like outclass the Avatar in the Avatar State good) at elemental manipulation?
>>
>>44747876
Take different jumps that make you a god of x and choose a different element each time.
>>
>>44747990
How many jumps actually let you do that?
>>
>>44748040
Lords of light
Percy jackson if you choose a god of the right kind
Dragonslayer of a element in faerie tail
Supernatural god path
FFVIII with specialization

Maybe more Idk.
>>
>>44748040
Captain Planet can get you a few, although if you want to go full god mode it's tiring.
>>
>>44748446
Also gives you a non-negotiable weak spot in each jump.
>>
>>44748742
I thought it said that after the jump you can choose whether you want to place it in a new jump, letting you choose if you want a weak point that also increase your power.
>>
>>44748742
>>44748785
I looked, and it says that "when entering a new jump, you may insert your Sanctum wherever you like, so long as it fits your Domain." A liberal reading of the word "may" in that description leads to the interpretation that you could choose not to place your Sanctum if you wanted to.

I think this is one of those things where you've got to go with whatever works with your chain. Maybe you could also decide to rule, since the two of you are linked, that your Sanctum is as durable as you are? That could help a lot. Maybe you could also try to be a smartass by somehow putting you Sanctum inside the Warehouse?
>>
>>44747576
>That's pretty impressive considering there isn't even an M:TA jump. And probably never will be.

There doesn't need to be - Vampire and Changeling are both in the same setting.

When you're there, you can nominally interact with these things even if you won't touch a Watchtower.
>>
>>44747876

Negima magic does combat elementalism better and with far more versatility, though it has less continent shifting (still possible, but beyond anything shown).
>>
>>44749200
I heard a while ago that for the purposes of nWoD jumps other splats don't exist unless stated as per drawback, but I dunno how accurate that statement was

>>44749232
Magi magic looks the most stylish, though
>>
What sort of things could an A+++ ranked Anti-Thaumaturgy Noble Phantasm pull off? Caster's dagger was pretty dope, I'm not even going Servant and I'm morbidly curious what an A+++ strength version of her hat trick could do
>>
>>44749283
>I heard a while ago that for the purposes of nWoD jumps other splats don't exist unless stated as per drawback, but I dunno how accurate that statement was

Oh? Well that's probably a good idea.

There're a lot of competing apocalypses with no real connection, it makes the Buffy world look like a nice place for a vacation and long-term investments.
>>
>>44749232
Doesn't it require a long chant before each use of magic, though?
>>
>>44749637

Yes and no - the chant helps, but is only needed for the top-tier spells or when you haven't fully mastered it.

At any rate, that's basically the same as needing a martial kata to bend.
>>
So who's watching Expanse?

or have the read the books?
>>
>>44750148
>Expanse
It's one of those shows that I want to like more than I actually like.
>>
>>44750148
I've read the books, but while I have the episodes of the show on my DVR I haven't gotten around to watching them yet.
>>
>>44750331
Thomas Jayne does a good spess gumshoe, but he doesn't get near enough screen time.
>>
In Dresden Files, if you take the Job Offer, can you decide to switch to someone from another jump, then keep them as your new permanent contractor, lasting through every jump? Or do you HAVE to change it every jump you can if you choose to change it?
>>
>>44750719
You can keep the original so I don't see why you can't keep a different one.
>>
Would Bending count as a magical system for the purpose of perks like Gift of the Thousand Master, Conjoined Conjures, Arcane, etc.?
>>
>>44750825
Chi and other spiritual arts like chakra from Naruto tend to be assumed to be handled differently. However, Dual Casting from Castlevania lets you combine chi arts with magic arts like Conjoined Conjures does magic with magic, so you could easily slot them together and get magic-boosting perks to work that way.
>>
>>44749395
You're thinking OWoD, NWOD is relatively worse day to day but the world isn't fundamentally fucked and about to be blown to smithireens eight different ways.
>>
>>44751385
B8
>>
So who here met ET in Star Wars?
>>
>>44752263
Wut.
>>
>>44752389
Crossover. The ET aliens exist in the Star Wars galaxy.
>>
>>44752413
Come now crossovers aren't usually canon or else you could meet saiyans and the one piece crew in toriko.
>>
>>44752389
ET's race exists in Star Wars. And given that ET reacts to the kid in the Yoda costume with familiarity, that suggests that Yoda exists in the ET universe. So there's a popular fan theory that they take place in the same universe. Begs the question of how ET got to Earth from a galaxy far, far away. Then again, Yoda died a long time ago, so perhaps ET's been in relativistic time dilation on the trip.
>>
File: NExdvL8WYE6OBA_1_b.jpg (49 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
NExdvL8WYE6OBA_1_b.jpg
49 KB, 600x316
>>44752389
I think he means pic related. It's a new alien introduced in the Force Awakens.
>>
>>44752459
This one appears in canon scenes multiple times.
>>44752478
Nope.

Also I hated that character.
>>
File: BrodoAsogiSenate.png (232 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
BrodoAsogiSenate.png
232 KB, 400x300
>>44752478
I think he's referring to the Asogians, actually. They're mentioned as having funded an expedition to another galaxy, implied to be ET's ship. It's a little Easter Egg that Lucas threw in as an in joke for Spielberg. Their ruler is even named Grebleips, "Spielberg" backwards.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 500x610) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 500x610
Didn't we have a Pirates of the Dark Waters jump or was I imagining it?
>>
>>44752878
You imagined it.
>>
File: easy shot.gif (983 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
easy shot.gif
983 KB, 500x280
>>44747876
take bending genius for one element then learn to real eater it rapid fire in combat for the illusion of complete mastery of all elements, or just change one with real eater to use two elements at a time.
>>
File: Real_Eater.jpg (36 KB, 642x422) Image search: [Google]
Real_Eater.jpg
36 KB, 642x422
>>44753075
The problem with Real Eater is that it requires you to distend your head into a horrific shadowy maw, first. It's neither subtle nor fast.
>>
>>44753147
I'm sure it's possible to speed it up anon.
>>
>>44753075
>take bending genius twice for one element
sorry
>>
File: shoot.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shoot.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
>>44753147
didn't think of that. But you can still use two elements at a time that keep changing every time people see you, even in a fight, you just have to put a little distance between you, mix them up, then rejoin the fight. As long as they don't find out that you actually have to stop to change elements it should be fine.
>>
>>44752564
Another problem with meeting ET is we don't know his name only that he's a botanist. Also remember that Star Wars happens "A long long time ago in a galaxy far away" so he probably hasn't even been born. >>44752413
>>44752263
>>
>>44742190
Vortessence (Half-Life)
Hamon (JoJo)
Spin (JoJo)
Plasmids/Gene Tonics (Bioshock)
Bending (Avatar)
Biotics (Mass Effect) Hypothetically, if you had enough SCIENCE! perks.
>>
File: peekaboo.png (144 KB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
peekaboo.png
144 KB, 720x406
>>44753147
Clearly the best solution is to have always had your head be a horrific shadow.
>>
>>44753075
>>44753147
What the hell is Real Eater?
>>
>>44753647
It's from Medaka Box. Lets you convert any ability into another of similar utility and related theme. So you could turn immunity to poison to immunity to disease, but not complete invulnerability since that's far more useful. Or on the "related theme" angle, you could turn ice powers into fire power, but not into shapeshifting, since that's too different conceptually.
>>
>>44753712
And this requires you to turn your head into a giant shadow?
>>
So, for those of you who did Forgotten Realms and didn't just choose a traditional PC one or a type of dragon: What's your race?
>>
>>44753465
Biotics aren't really worth it since you have to be exposed to Element Zero before birth and you need augmentations to make it worth while. You'd have to do a lot of modifications to make anyone as strong as Jack.

>>44742190
If you're counting surgical modifications;
>Psionics-[X-com]
>Gene-Mods-[X-com]
>Brutes-[Killing Bites]
>Zoanthropes-[Bloody Roar]
>Super Soldier serum-[MCU]
>Extremis-[MCU]
>>
File: twindrills.gif (400 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
twindrills.gif
400 KB, 500x360
>>44753825
Nymph, with the Radiant and Woodling templates.

That really hurt when combined with the Light Blindness drawback.
>>
>>44753825
You can be a dragon in the Forgotten Realms jump?
>>
>>44753958
It's basically the only reason people go there.
>>
>>44753804
Yes. You're literally eating the ability and spitting it back out altered.
>>
>>44753825
Brilani or something. Autumn fey spirit that can turn into a snow storm.
>>
>>44754062
But afterwords you don't have to have a big head when you use the ability right? So you "Eat" say "Fire Magic" and turn it into "Shadow Magic". Does it stay "Shadow Magic" for good?
>>
>>44753958
More specifically, Prismatic Dragon. Best choice, anything else is worse in the long run.
>>
>>44754153
Yeah, the giant shadow head is only for when you're altering it. The perk remains that way after the shadow head goes away, until you choose to revert it. You have to return the perk to baseline before you alter it a second time, by the way, to keep you from slowly moving the themes of the ability to something extremely distant from what it started as.
>>
>>44754189
well, you could go time dragon instead
>>
>>44754189
You pay the CR of the race in x100 for it, right? How much is that?
>>
>>44754189
I'd rather be a shadow dragon, personally. Those things are cool.
>>
File: image.png (197 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
197 KB, 600x800
>>44754195
Now can it be used on yourself?
>>
>>44753465
>>44753943
Thank you, added to the list

Current list:

Powers you can give or teach

naruto chakra,
D&d magic,
bleach,
Jojos bazaar adventure artowhead
Power armor from mcu genius line
Starwars force powers
Animorphs morphing cube
Sims has potions that can make you a witch
fullmetal alchemist alchemy with difficulty
Worm cauldron viles
Archive magic from faerie tail to download stuff into people
Geneforge
Raildex esper powers if you take hard science
Blue magic from ff8
Psionics-[X-com]
Gene-Mods-[X-com]
Brutes-[Killing Bites]
Zoanthropes-[Bloody Roar]
Super Soldier serum-[MCU]
Extremis-[MCU]
Vortessence (Half-Life)
Hamon (JoJo)
Spin (JoJo)
Plasmids/Gene Tonics (Bioshock)
Bending (Avatar)
Biotics (Mass Effect) Hypothetically, if you had enough SCIENCE! perks.
>>
>>44754365
I don't think so, no. Maybe if you had a companion with it, too, but on its own I can't see how it would be able to affect itself.
>>
>>44754303
1400. For a newborn wyrmling. An adult one is 3900.

Expensive as fuck.
>>
>>44754189
So what are they capable of?
>>
>>44754457
Anything else included with it? Aren't DnD Dragons naturally sorcerers?
>>
>>44754568
>>44754633
Here's a page with some stats:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/dragonEpic.htm#prismaticDragon

I'm not an expert on DnD, but I recognize bullshit power when I see it.
>>
>>44754457
And not worth it. 2,400 years of adventuring will make you so hilariously Epic that a Great Wyrm Prismatic Dragon wouldn't even qualify as a mook.
>>
So, trying to put together a build for Thing-Thing.

Is it worth getting Science Behind the Scenes?
>>
>>44754742

Honestly? They're a trap.

If you want power, just going as a Full Caster gets you power. You could easily get Epic Level Arcane, Divine and Psionics, and just make an Epic Shapechange that lets you turn into a super dragon or something.

That's a fair bit of bookkeeping though. So a better monster would be Solar, which has 9th level cleric casting, or anything similar.
>>
Would taking the Safehouse in the InFamous jump give me it just for that jump or would I have a safehouse for every jump from that point onwards?
>>
>>44754878
>>44754908
>Prismatic Dragon
>Caster

whynotboth.jpg
>>
>>44754938
Because I could buy the Wizard, Archivist, Warblade, and Psion classes, and have a ton of CP left over.
>>
>>44754931
I took it to mean there's always a safehouse in your jump, unless it would make no sense for one to be there.
>>
>>44754908
I've never been in an Epic Level campaign yet. How different is being Epic from normal caster?
>>
>>44754993
The main issue with taking all those classes is levels and the CR needed to increase them.
>>
>>44754938

If you really wanted to go crazy, you'd do something like...

Beholderkin ???/Beholder Mage 2/Ur-Priest 2/Mystic Theurge 8/Psion 3/Arcane Caster 3/Cerebremancer 8/Chameleon 10/Cleric 1

Eh, very ugly, because I don't feel like figuring out the fine details. Anyway, you wouldn't really waste time on monster levels as they're usually inefficient.

Baasiclly the FR jump is terrible, because if you take most of the disadvantages, you end up with 6000CP to spend on become powerful enough to trivialise them all.
>>
>>44754908
You think being a Mindwitness is worth it?
>>
>>44755038

It's where balance ceases to be shit and becomes completely imaginary.

Epic Spells can do anything from "turn your single phylactery into twenty" to "flip a mountain and turn it into a sky city" to "kill everything in that city and turn it into minions" to "create a city-spanning magical aura that grants everyone you like all the buffs, and prevents anyone you don't like from doing anything magical".

And because you can wrap the Epic Spell Rules around your little finger, these can be mitigated down to triviality by having assistants or sacrificing easy-to-generate gold.

And it's even canon to do it like that - I was just looking at the Mythal rules, and they totally cheesed it out.
>>
>>44755059
>Become a Tarrasque Monk.
>whatcouldgowrong.png
>>
>>44755091

Doesn't look like you get too much from it - Psion levels willg et you a better Mind Blast anyway. Taking all the Beholder Mage levels is also a very defendable choice, because their Spell Stalks feature is fantastic.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 344x438) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 344x438
This is why folks you specialize in anti-magic. Turns wizards, sorcerers and the like who rely on their spells into chumps.
>>
>>44755051
>The main issue with taking all those classes is levels and the CR needed to increase them.
Unless you realize that a TT gaming mechanic makes no real world sense, and therefore can more or less just be ignored.
>>
>>44755051
Yeah, but if you're leveling under d20 rules Prismatic Dragon kills your shoots to level far more - and if not, what's the issue?
>>
>>44755346
It's still reflective of learning rates on some level.
>>
>>44755346
I believe that's major problem the jump is that it encourages you to think along the lines of the system. Like it would be fine if it was something that is a parody of it. Like Goblins, where you can be 1/11th of every base class at 1st level because your name is Fumbles.
>>
>>44755382
On some level, sure. It takes more time to learn two or three disciplines than it does to learn one.

But the whole bit about how fights have to scale to your cumulative level otherwise you don't learn shit? That's just retarded.

>>44755404
The FR jump has been called a character creator as opposed to a jump, and while that's not charitable I don't think it's necessarily inaccurate. Having said that, I don't think that game mechanics, TT or vidya, translate 1-to-1 to real world application or implementation.

Anything that makes me feel like I have to hit X alot to be successful I will typically just ignore.
>>
>>44755338

Or, why you take Initiate of Mystra and just cast spells in antimagic anyway.
>>
>>44755346
>>44755469
I just houserule that leveling takes place in a more organic fashion. My rough archetype is the leveling in Skyrim; the more you use something, the better you get at it. All of that ends up making you more experienced, but that doesn't mean that a level 50 wizard has to box a balrog in order to level his unarmed combat.
>>
>>44755612
>Mystra
Not the worst FR god, but if I were to sling divine magic in that setting I wouldn't do it for her per se.
>>
Suppose I'm an Angel from Evangelion, and therefore have my soul and my biology be the same thing. If I then take perks that let me manipulate my biology, could I use that to hack my soul? I'm thinking basic shapeshifting wouldn't do it, that could just be my physical projection changing. But what about something like Karma Chameleon from GUNM, where your biology is constantly evolving? Could Karma Chameleon's effects then upgrade my metaphysical traits as well as my physical ones?
>>
>>44755612
Worst god.
>>
File: cat lamp sees your soul.jpg (107 KB, 540x1196) Image search: [Google]
cat lamp sees your soul.jpg
107 KB, 540x1196
>>44755728
Is there any FR god who's actually worth following? They are all tremendous cockwhores. Even the ones who seem at first glance like they shouldn't be.
>>
>>44755774
Nah, that'd be the cavalcade of edgelord death and murder gods. Those are always poorly written in FR.
>>
>>44755799
None of them have power for long or a lot of relevance, though. Mystra is pervasive.
>>
>>44755404
Needs to be scrapped and replaced with a jump made by someone competent. Or less incompetent.
>>
>>44755872
That's not how this works, shitstain. Go make a Dragonlance, Greyhawk or Eberron jump if you really want a new DnD jump.
>>
>>44755812
Eh, the problem with Mystra is that she's the waifu of Greenwoods SI DMPC. If not for that, I'm sure she'd be a fine enough magic god.
>>
>>44755929
She's his waifu, and as much of a Mary Sue as Elminster.
>>
>>44755872
Or just finished. The jumpmaker said anyone could work on it as long as they didn't delete anything; adding or altering stuff could still improve it a lot.
>>
>>44755917
If he wanted to do a jump in FR, he could make a BG jump. We've got a jumpable NWN, so there's nothing saying we couldn't have a BG.
>>
>>44755972
He certainly could. Or he could lore up the NWN one so it can get out of the WIP section.
>>
Does the Parasol from Super Mario count as a Companion?
>>
>>44755983
>Or he could lore up the NWN one so it can get out of the WIP section.
He could. It's still jumpable, though. Honestly, I like the framework of it and I'd love to see it more love.
>>
>>44756047
But you and I both know he won't, because he'd rather complain and cause trouble rather than solve things himself.
>>
>>44755917
What are the interesting aspects of each potential setting?
>>
>>44756079
>Dragonlance
Kender.
>Eberron
More technologically advanced, sometimes kinda steampunk or Renaissance. Has a loli pope and spellcasting is a lot weaker, but this is where Artificer comes from and if you know anything about DnD, you know how good that one is.

I don't know anything about Greyhawk, I just know it exists.
>>
>>44756022
I want to know if the pet yoshi or sidekick luma are companions.
>>
>>44756142
Also add any Organism Teigu you buy Sapient for to the list of "is this a Companion?"
>>
>>44756184
1. Organism Type Teigu that you purchase for yourself, and to be sapient may be changed from Teigu to companion at the end of the jump if you so choose. You may however not turn Organism Type Teigu of your companions into more companions.
>>
>>44756229
>if you so choose

So it's entirely up to me? Fun.
>>
>>44754894
So, anyone going to answer my question?
>>
>>44756280
You'd probably have to wait for Digger, that's an obscure jump
>>
>>44753943
don't forgot M.O. surgeon from terra formars and everything from franked fran with your including surgical modifications granting abilities
>>
>>44756313
Alright.

Just wondering if it's really worth it. There are, like, half a dozen jumps with cloning perks, and you could probably pick up bio-mechanical dragons in Mass Effect.
>>
>>44747340
As indicated by the In Character complication, Angels are arrogant (to others) and obedient (to their superiors), Demons are paranoid and cruel, and Humans were out of their depth.

To quote from the wiki, "Angel society is typified by a militant obsession with the righteousness of their cause and a fervent belief in the rule of law, order, and justice. The Codex Bellum (lit. Book of War/War Book) provides an immensely complex code of laws that rule every aspect of Angel society".

They really don't get on well with Demons, having fought them for millennia before the Council enforced treaties between them, and as for humans... well, the cliches about "oh look it's a talking monkey" like how the Eldar regard Humans in 40k? Yeah, kinda like that.

tl,dr: Angels have a big stick up their ass, Demons shove pointy sticks up asses, and Humans hadn't developed big enough sticks to survive the Apocalypse.
>>
>>44754420
medic box also has Lip Service that lets you temporally grant someone one of your abilities if you can't use it on your self.
>>
>>44756487
Yeah, but you lose access to it while they have it. You're not giving them a copy that they could use on yours, you're giving them the perk outright. However, you can buy Real Eater for them with the companion import, so just do that, makes the whole thing easier.
>>
>>44756459
You can blame War for that, by the way. Humans were meant to be left alone until they were strong enough to rival the other two, but he kickstarted shit early and fucked humans over for good.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.