[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #654: Pokemon Hunting Jumpers Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 1444809953408.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1444809953408.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44702658
>>
Can you survive the Hunted drawback in Pokemon? Is it actually possible?
>>
>>44726480
If you build a team around running away, sure. You'll need speed, endurance, and all-terrain capability of course.
>>
>>44726521
I'm looking at having a teleporter, a digger, a pokemon with Future Sight in the hopes they can see my imminent death and I'm not entirely sure what else.

The legendary in question is Ho-oh.
>>
>>44726480
That drawback is definitely not worth it especially considering you have to take Pokémon as a first jump. But I think if you can get in touch with one of the criminal organizations that are always trying to capture legendary pokémon and prove to them that they are coming for you, you might be able to get them to capture it in exchange for protection. of course you would be walking into a den of vipers and using yourself as bait but It's your best chance.
>>
>>44726629
That's actually not a bad idea. The drawback makes it so the legendary can't be caught, but they don't know that. Might buy me some time at least.
>>
Something rather important just occurred to me. I assume it can track me due to the drawback, but how long would I have before it first shows up? I'd need some time to get a few pokemon of my own if I'm going to stand a chance in hell. Would it be reasonable to think it takes about a month to find you the first time and 'has your scent' from then on?
>>
>>44726673
That sounds okay.

Honestly, it might not even matter.
>>
>>44726803
Might not matter as in it is still going to kill me?
>>
>>44726858
Most likely.
>>
>>44726629
It never really made sense that pokemon had to be a furst jump anyway, especially not now that we have like 4 pokemon jumps. Miss out on something in jump 1? Magpie EVERYTHING in the second one.
>>
>>44726923
Is it really that impossible? Given the rule Pokemon has to be first if you do it at all it seems incredibly strange that there's a guaranteed death drawback.
>>
>>44727037
As any, many people have said, QS was not that good at making Jumps.
>>
>>44727037
Rven without pokemon it may be possible just by hiding out in large populated areas, more trainers mean more flesh it has to go through to get you.
>>
>>44727121
*many
>>
>>44727121
No his jumps are good He just had weird ideas about beginning and ending jumps.
>>
>>44727123
You know what? I think I'll do that. Might also run past the Elite Four screaming "Help me help me oh god I'm going to die!" to try to get more help. The drawback says you can't catch it, but enough people should be able to injure it enough to force it to back off.
>>
>>44727121
Pots and kettles yakuza.
>>
>>44727155
Oh, are you talking about the jump that I acknowledge as being nowhere near ready?
>>
>>44727216
Didn't even know you made a jump but as stalin said "when you criticise, advise."
>>
>>44727037
You can always kinda game it by picking some loser like Phione or Heatran that's only legendary because they're rare, not because they're special.
>>
File: antispiral.jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
antispiral.jpg
85 KB, 600x338
It's been a while since I've had time to do more than read through the archives, but it's finally time to dump some builds.

http://pastebin.com/EthVj2hk

If you're out there Dirge, I've probably messed up the mb math somewhere along the line. Is there anything you can do with leftover mb?

[Night Angel]

Drawback: Hunted (1400)

Wetboy, Age 24 (1300)

Rolled The Pit

TalentedX2: Candelabramancy (Free)
Ka’Karifer (1000)
Ka’Kari: White (700)
Shrewd Politician (600)
This is a gift, seeing all potential timelines is neat (0)

Well. This is new. Things are looking pretty grim and dark for the locals. Not quite sure what we’re here to do, but observing all timelines ever’ll give us a good idea of what we will inevitably do for 10 years-and the best way to do it, of course. Certainly we’ve never been able to see into the future of other jumps before; our Path to Victory is quivering with anticipation here. Otherwise, just going to take it easy. Maybe figure out if these tattoos count as spiritualism or magic, it’s not entirely clear. Hey, that’s an idea: We’ll open up a traveling gypsy tattoo power once we figure out if this stuff meshes better with spiritualism or magic, and Dual Art it with something cooler.

There’s one thing that is on our mind though: The destruction of Curoch. Because we’re damn well not letting any weapon that can permagank companions run around. We’re going to annihilate that sword so hard that it’ll never have existed.

Also apparently there’s some angry dead things called Strangers who keep getting summoned by Khali’s creepy tattoo cult. This is a grand opportunity to test those Symphogear-Chakra seals we’ve been developing, which bind the target into a constant, looping iPod where they are condemned to a virtual eternity of listening to looped Adele songs.
>>
File: antispiralcrowd.jpg (79 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
antispiralcrowd.jpg
79 KB, 480x640
[Food Fight]

Brand X, Age 4

Is This Fountain Rules? (950)
It’s Simple And Plain (Free)
But Enough About Me, Let’s Kill You! (800)
Your C-C-Customers Won't Know How They LIVED Without Brand X! (500)
ElixierX2 (400)
Exo-Byte (300)
You Could Give Her A Cracker Jack Ring And She'd Say Yes! (0)

Who says conformity has to mean low quality? Just because you’re unique doesn’t make you any more free of flaw than the professionally designed brand line with all the resources of a corporation backing its’ production, plebs. We’re going to apply our aeons of godlike cookery to revamping Brand X as not only the brand you can trust to be uniform, but also to actually taste better, be more nutritious and even digest in the blink of an eye! Laundry detergent that cleans up stains forever, meals that repair themselves even as you eat them, air freshener that rearranges the molecules of air to make breathing more efficient-the possibilities are endless. In short, we intend to make Brand X live up to the hype.

How? Why, using our secret family recipe of spices to enhance the Elixier formula, of course. Ambrosia cultivated with necrobotany and life energy tainted by the purest sorrow. Hunger Cells bonded with a Grathnode infusion, for feel good vibes with every bite. And a literal Philosopher’s Stone because nobody else’s food makes you immortal.

In fact, why stop at OUR OWN products? Might as well put those drones to good use, and covertly sprinkle some Elixier on the competition. It’s not corporate espionage if you don’t get caught, after all. Clearly, the fastest way to achieve the victory condition is to make every Ike an honorary Brand X mascot.
>>
File: antismileral.jpg (13 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
antismileral.jpg
13 KB, 236x200
[Akami Ga Kill]

Drawbacks: Deathflag Collection Race, No, I Can’t Understand, The Power of Love, I’m An S (1900)

Villager, Age 19

General Level Potential (Free)
Perfect Hair (Free)
Man of the Sky (Free)
Appropriate Opportunities (Free)
The Smile (1600)
The Man (1300)
Seductive Body (1200)
Most Powerful, Most Beautiful (800)
Body Reshaping (200)
200 CP (???)

Armour
Reflective Defense (700)
-Trump Card (400)
-Lasting Effect (200)
Utility (0)

We aren’t going to lie. We have literally no idea what we’re going to do here-except for one thing: Perfect the positive feedback loop of beauty and power.

Other than that, we’re…gonna have to play this one by ear? We do have enough experience with realpolitk that we can basically walk into the nobs’ HQ, and take over with a confidant smile, maybe also a firm handshake for those with wills of steel. Now, obviously we can’t just phase out the war economy. PMCs, teigu users…job creators, Akame!

Regardless, while we’re messing with HSDW we shall covertly raise a great and terrible army of Barbers which will perform big, showy hit and run attacks but leave no lasting damage on anyone who isn’t a noble we don’t like and in fact focus on slicing up all the Danger Beasts.

Taking charge of the ensuing panic, we will then use the “threat” as an excuse to climb the ranks swiftly through "miraculous victories" as an excuse to ruthlessly root out the corrupt (“They’re all Barber-lovers, milord! Burn them at the stake!”, improve living standards (“Did you know Barbers grow stronger near negative emotions, milord?”) institute lower taxes (“The superweapons ARE going to pay form themselves milord, they literally turn monsters into gold!”), mend diplomatic relations and so forth. Incidentally providing plenty of work for the Assassins, provided they fight the Barbers currently on jobbing duty.
>>
>>44727130
>No his jumps are good He just had weird ideas about beginning and ending jumps.

Depends what you consider good. As a lurking anon, I certainly appreciate the work QS did regarding jumpchain.

However, if pressed to rate his jumps, I never personally thought his jumps were more than functional. They weren't offensive or anything, so I don't hate them - I just don't consider them good.

Maybe I'm just picky.

I really don't care for his ideas about beginning/ending jumps either, but that's another subject entirely.

Obviously, as someone who has never written a posted jump (although that may change at some point, I like tinkering with jump concepts), I'm not about to say my word carries any weight, but it's my 2 cents.
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
>>44727318
There’s just one thing we’re not sure on: Is Esdeath worth reaching out to as a companion? As is we currently have 200 CP left and based on stuff said in older threads we were originally going to find Jibril a sparring partner/ideal student to train in the ways of explosive thaumaturgy but-we’ve been advised Esdeath is a pretty terrible person so. Kinda stumped here.

Two points of clarification:

Beauty-Power loop: As we possess Burke Blood and A LOT of psychic fire powers, it logically follow that if we spend the entire jump literally flaming, we will become exponentially more beautiful, which will make our psychic powers more potent, which will increase our beauty-and so on, and so forth. In fact, we’ll use our oneiromancy (stacked with every dreamwalking perk ever) and all the Planetary Subconscious perks to tap into the very concept of beauty in the collective subconsciousness, and actualise it through HSDW using the Sixth Theoretical Element.

Barbatorem recipe: Preheat an Ateliter Arland-style uber-cauldron full of Bazaar tears, Melancholy mantra, liquid fear and pure evil. Imbue Severing and Binding Origin bullets into Symphogear system modified into “territory seed” format reverse engineered City of Heaven’s portable form, and alchemically fuse with Shattershards converted into FF14-style Materia crystals. Season the broth generously with these morsels. Stir, leave to double boil over Soulfire for half a day while infusing the mixture with the Sixth Imaginary Element, venom milked from a Fingerking and Misfortune Energy. When you hear the screams of the innocent issuing from the cauldron, use To Call Forth-techniques to enhance Ira summoning from the brew which should be clawing its’ way out of the cauldron if everything has been done right.
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
[Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs]

The Ancient Remnants (1300)
Mahars (1600)
The Inquisition (1900)

Zeppelins vs Pterodactyls!
-Torchy (2100)

Mechanic (1800)
Stiff Upper Lip (1600)
Man of Science! (1400)
Demolitionist (1100)
Lost Journals (1000)
Warehouse (900)
He-Who-Kills (600)
Nikiruka (300)
Eshe (0)

Dinoshark
-Atomic Breath

Rolled the Ruins of Ur. White wings? Ooh, does that mean there's no-bullshit biblical angels flitting about here somewhere?

Structures? Supplies? Bah, we have the recipe for DWARF BREAD, the only supply a true survivalist needs! Granted it makes a better bludgeoning weapon or building material than anything else, but the very prospect of eating dwarf bread is enough to make a weary traveller think positive about literally anything else!

Alas, even though the whole unleashing-an-army-of-mirror-demons thing last jump was really done with the best of intentions the Ethics Committee has extracted several concessions. Companion moral parity is one of them. So on top of the obvious odd person out we’re going to have to convince the evil wood midget to calm down. Somehow.

ANYWAY. Apart from that, it’s time to put all the genetic engineering we picked up in Street Sharks to use and make our monster grow…into a Dino-Street-Shark. The rest of this journey shall be part nature documentary, part B-Ball training montage as we levelgrind our new Streetasaurus Shark pokebattle the ancient civilisations of the world-and also the Spanish Inquisition.

Wasn’t expecting them, to be honest.

As for the Thule Society, if we’ve learned anything from fighting Nazis it’s that Mahjong and Communism are super effective. So to defeat the Thule Society we'll convert the Zuni Tribe to Communism, create even more tiny doll spirits and have them all stand on each others’ shoulders until the cheerleader pyramid of fetish dolls is as tall as the Leader. And then we’ll form the head, and it’s might morphin' voodoo rangers time.
>>
>>44727309
>Necrobotany
Zombie plants?
>>
>>44727324
Difference between her and Jibril really is that Jibril has other interests, and can be talked down. Esdeath seems like she only wants to kill, and will only ever want to. It's probably possible to temper her to be more like Jibril, but that you gotta work down to her level says something.
>>
File: AntiSpiral231232.jpg (54 KB, 600x836) Image search: [Google]
AntiSpiral231232.jpg
54 KB, 600x836
>>44727417
Yep! The manipulation of dead vegetation. Zombie trees crawling around on their roots like giant spiders. Dead grass spirits floating through the air to act as scrying focii. And of course, the forbidden art of ressurecting potatoes. It's also an elegant if heretical way to channel and apply Soulfire seeing as the art is so closely tied to bending the cycle of life and death. But then there is something beautiful about flowers blossoming with ghostly flames, or yew trees sprouting beyond the limits of death.

Why? How? Because we acquired Kemmlarian necromnacy in Dresden Files, and Wild Card was kind enough to suggest a focus we could use for it that wouldn't breach the laws of magic by using it on people unlike the Kemmlerites that spec'd in ghosts and zombies. And you'd be surprised at how many ancient dead plants there are even in mundane settings. Dresden's Sue may be millions of years old, but dinosaur fossils tend to be uncovered in specific places whereas there's long-dead plants in almost every wilderness if you look hard enough
>>
>>44727324
I don't think the Beauty-Power loop works. The gain in one as the other increases is much lower, so I'm pretty sure any attempts to self-recurse come to a mathematical limit instead of increasing infinitely.
>>
File: curious.gif (479 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
curious.gif
479 KB, 500x281
>>44727471
True, and there probably is a point where it plateaus. We were wondering if drawing on the psychic potential of a local population could remedy the diminished power gains so's we could focus on the beauty gains but even so-it's mostly an opportunity to gather data in the field of applied metaphysics.

Also to entertain Jump-Chan by doing the disco Inferno while literally on fire. Because c'mon, being a politician is stressful work and this is surely a more productive outlet for stress than hunting the poor
>>
File: fastball special.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
fastball special.webm
2 MB, 960x540
Tell me about you and your Companions' combo attacks, /jc/! Surely you've got perks for that!
>>
Jumpers have you ever given a piece of wisdom or advice to characters in settings or to your companions?
>>
How deadly are the explosion from the shields of Dune when fired at with a lasgun? the wiki says nuclear explosions but i've no idea about the size of them, are they like Hiroshima? is the one wearing the shield safe from it?
>>
>>44727753
The one wearing a shield is at ground zero, and its a city-obliterating explosion.
>>
>>44727766
why are they even using that technology then, seem like counterproductive
>>
>>44727783
Because those using a laser get obliterated too as also ground zero. Don't ask how, its space fantasy and justification for melee existing. Generally lasers have been banned because it kills the target, the user, and everyone else in the area.
>>
>>44727783
Because more than just the shield explodes when hit. The lasgun explodes, too, and there are sometimes secondary explosions along the path of the beam. And since there are no sorts of remote weapons in Dune with a range greater than ten meters or so, you can't just mount it on a drone and have it fire the laser from a safe distance away from you. So no one is willing to use laser weapons at all. Though the lack of drones is because of technological phobias rather than true limitations, so someone without the conditioning against using computers (such as a jumper) could easily take advantage of it.
>>
>>44727121
Says the namefag who routinely cheats and has never completed the jump he based his name on.
>>
>>44727783
It's kind of like having nuclear deterrence on every single one of your guys, against lasers.
Their shields are pretty useful against almost anything else and from memory seem to have some anti-grav function as well, so for the most part people just accept that lasers are the pointless tech of the setting rather than the shields.

Remember that most wars in Dune are fought to capture resources and political prisoners, so even attackers don't want to send in a single suicide guy with a laser. Throwing a shield over something is a really good way of saying "You're going to have to take this place/person/thing from me the hard way".
>>
>>44727121
Pokemon was the only Jump I'd say isn't good, and it's the first so it gets a pass. Kind of like SCP-173. Infamous is quite good, PMD is excellent, and Mass Effect is (from what I remember) well-made.

DBZ isn't really a Jump so much as an ending, though, so I can't really judge it as a Jump. It's just too different>>44727123
. I do wish we had a Dragonball Jump, though.
>>
>>44727843
>>44727805
>>44727804
So having an horbital laser and targetting a shield would cause the satellite to explode too? (just an example)
>>
So what happens to you in RWBY if you don't import people to be a team and still try to become a Hunter?
Do you get rejected, temporarily assigned to another team as a fifth member, or can you go as a one man team?
>>
>>44727216
I dunno, when you tried to pitch it as "complete" in IRC a little bit ago the state of it was still fucking hilariously bad.
>>
>>44727920
Wank
>>
>>44727904
Yes. Possibly also a line of explosions along the path of the beam, too. If it weren't for the feat of automated systems it would be trivially easy to make weapons of mass destruction in Dune.
>>
>>44727216
>>44727121
Glass houses and stones, motherfucker.
>>
>>44727904
Dune wiki says it's random. 50/50 between the killsat or city, but with possible explosions happening in the beam's path, possibly knocking out the satellite, the city, or both.

But if you have an orbital laser, I think there are rather severe political consequences due to the tech involved being prohibited or something.
>>
>>44727843
>>44727805
>>44727804
also, does the shield block plasma or particle beams? or they have the same effect of the lasers?
>>
>>44727920
It says your companions get a free Id and scroll even if you don't import them, and you can start a team with them. They will need to have their aura unlocked though.
>>
>>44727920
I think the notes at the end mention that you start with entrance to a combat school, so I don't think you'd be rejected. Maybe they'll do stuff like accepting some random girl who foiled a robbery while they happened to be passing by in order to get 3 more students?
>>
>>44727930
You have to masturbate in order to be on a hunter team? Wtf kind of requirement is that.
>>
>>44727957
Plasma and particle beams it stops, since those are technically made of matter. Though personal shield might let plasma through, since they allow slow-moving gases to penetrate the shield so that the wearer can still breathe. So if it's a plasma spray instead of a high-velocity bolt it should pierce the shield.

>>44727967
I believe he means "fanwank", a term meant to mean "come up with your own interpretation".
>>
>>44727967
They need to see if you have the stamina to keep up.
>>
>>44727967
>Not wanting to be on team WANK
>>
>>44727984
>Not wanting to be on team RAPE
>>
>>44727957
Unsure. It's not really covered, since I think once people gave up on militarily useful lasers, nobody really bothered with further energy weapons developments.
But I guess since they are most effective on fast projectiles, they would work against a particle beam or plasma gun.

>>44727920
Well you'd still get thrown into the forest with the other people of your class, so you'll still end up in a pairing/on a team...just a team that might not be made of your companions, one that you might not be able to take with you once the jump is over.
>>
>>44727984
I hear they're the cream of the crop
>>
Speaking of RWBY, just how durable are the grimm? Is Dust and Aura truly the most effective or does simple gun powder and lead still hurt them?
>>
>>44728052
It still hurts them, it's just that Dust and Aura are generally stronger as weapons. People still use ordinary ammo to effect in series.
>>
>>44727984
>>44728001
Jumpers how was your team called in RWBY?
mine was team BANE, my companions didn't really like wearing the mask but it was a strange coincidence that our names arranged that way and i couldn't pass it up
>>
>>44728142
My team was basically JMPR.
Generic I know I am not a clever man.
>>
File: OHGODWHY.jpg (20 KB, 413x434) Image search: [Google]
OHGODWHY.jpg
20 KB, 413x434
>>44728142
Aww...why'd you have to go and ask something so embarrassing?

If you have to know, it was Team DREAM. Mary and Dusk weren't even official hunters, just companions who tagged along and killed enough Grimm that people stopped asking questions like "how are you doing that crystal spear thing without using Dust?" and "why is your mouth extending wide enough to split your whole body in half?". The other members were Elodie and us, and we've been referring to ourself as Anon for half the chain because of an amusing misunderstanding we've just kind of rolled with.

So uh. What was the most memorable example of getting caught being part of your team's plan?
>>
>>44727753
Well, it only happens while you are IN the jump, because such a thing is a quirk of the local laws of physics, but it's just under a kiloton if you hit a personal shield. Also happens if you shoot an antigrav generator, incidentally. It's not merely the shield, it's the Holtzman effect.
>>
>>44728204
You could have gone with the "team leader's initial usually comes first" deal and been Team ARMED, instead.
>>
>>44728204
>So uh. What was the most memorable example of getting caught being part of your team's plan?
We crashed the Amity Colosseum with no survivors
>>
Hello jumpers! What is your favorite hidden gem jump? The one you love for some reason that never gets talked about?
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>44728235
...shit.

Shit.

SHIT, should've thought of that.

Radio Noise would've probably loved it too.

Well. That's a few centuries of embarrassment we'll never get back.

>>44728251
Ah, that'd be the one that's a symbol of unity of sorts between all the nations? What a perfect place to reenact a certain football field scene. Nonetheless, with all those bystanders and important people there it sounds like the consequences for you would've been extremely painful
>>
>>44728365
Bleach jump is pretty good
>>
>>44728387
Bleach is a shit example of a shit genre, though.
>>
File: Antispiralelectronica.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralelectronica.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
>>44728365
Um, we...have a bunch, actually?

Discworld
Assassin's Creed
Franken Fran
Buffy
Animorphs
Bastion
Five Star Stories
Biomega
Blame!
Binbougami-ga
Demons' Souls
Narnia
West Wing
Blazblue
Generic Western Jump
No More Heroes
Scott Pilgrim
Mahou Sensei Negima and JoJo; kind of? They used to be talked about a whole bunch, though (don't go to Mars! Jack Rakan, how does he work?!). Don't get me wrong, people do talk about Stands, I just don't remember anyone going into detail about what they did during their stays in the actual jump recently.
>>
>>44728158
Maybe it's generic, but it made me smile. Good one, jumper.
>>
>>44728387
It's not. I don't necessarily blame Mib for that because as >>44728422 pointed out the series is kinda borked but for me it's barely a step above Tera/Bancho's work.
>>
To use my Vampire disciplines i have to turn vampire alt form? if so i get damaged by the sun etc?
Also, how do you guys wank the alt-form transformation? is it instantaneous? takes time? you do it in a cloud of smoke?
>>
File: image.gif (774 KB, 500x190) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
774 KB, 500x190
>>44728499
Depends on where you got it from. In VtR your Vampself is cured, but you keep all the benefits with no drawbacks. So you don't have a "vampire alt". However I'm not sure about VtM Bloodlines. I'm pretty sure you get damaged by the sun if you use any linked to that jump.

>>44728142
I was just part of a random team. They got killed their first engagement with the grimm. When I was assigned to another team they too were killed by the grimm.

I think they caught on that I was good on my own. If only after the third team died. To be fair, I didn't kill them. Just that I didn't lend a hand, and well they evolved to start using tactics, and weapons.
>>
>>44728633
Speaking of weaknesses and alt forms. Just how fey is a changeling? Are you weak to cold iron, and does that follow you out of jump?
>>
What kinds of magics can you teach to others? Or some good powers you can teach to others?
>>
>>44728704
Naruto Chakra is my favorite, use the G.I. Joe perk and you can run small groups through the basics of using it in a month.
>>
>>44728696
Changelings are weak to cold iron. The notes imply that it doesn't follow you, though.
>>
>>44728696
Contracts and such can't affect iron (can do steel just fine though). True Fae take massive damage from iron, can't recall where Hobgoblins fall. Cold Iron requires a good deal of extra effort to make (and depending on which explanation you go with might be disqualified if you use magic to make it) and is anathema to all Fae. In game terms it deals aggravated damage to all of them (and does some extra stuff for True Fae), which is NWoD for "this will fuck you up", generally if you're taking it from a mundane source it's because you're having huge chunks of flesh blown out of you, takes months to recover from a single point of the stuff through normal means, most supernatural means can't effectively heal it, and you're just generally having a bad time.
>>
>>44728862
>Cold Iron requires a good deal of extra effort to make (and depending on which explanation you go with might be disqualified if you use magic to make it) and is anathema to all Fae.
I've always wondered how much easier it would be for powerful experienced Earthbender to make the stuff. I mean, could a jumper-tier earthbending genius just pull the stuff out of the ground?
>>
>>44728365
Alpha Centauri, fun telepathy stuff, hypertech, and mind worms. Especially the mind worms. I tend to go Planet Subconscious because that's probably the most survivable origin but the other origins also get cool stuff.
>>
>>44728862
>Contracts
So how esoteric can the entities you contract with be? The doc mentions air, birds, wind, darkness, and the like, but could you contract with art, or a particular medium of art? Could you contract with something akin to the platonic forms: beauty, justice, and the like?
>>
>>44728979
Generally you're good if it's a single distinct concept, canon Contracts have been with everything from beauty to games. The issue more likely to disqualify a Contract is being too specific instead of too broad (religion could be doable, Catholicism not so much). You're making a Contract with an aspect of reality. Keep in mind that generally the subject of the Contract more determines what it's useful for more than how powerful it is (unless you get into Contracts of Sacrifice, which you generally don't want to do as those have permanent costs per invocation usually).
>>
>>44729162
So a contract with Beauty would make you more beautiful, on a significant scale, but require you to do some type of quest for beauty and offer a sacrifice of some type? So what type of sacrifice makes more sense: something beautiful or something horrible? Sacrificing something beautiful would seem to work against the aggregate level of beauty, but some historical sacrifices worked by offering up an aspect of what was asked for: sympathetic magic. Something horrible makes sense, as it would /increase/ the aggregate level of beauty, but would beauty value something horrible?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this before I take the jump. I've held off on it for a while due to all the cries of trap jump, but I think if I'm smart there's no reason I can't take the jump and not be mindraped into oblivion.
>>
>>44729267
Contracts are the various powers that are listed off in the jump. See Vainglory for the result of one with beauty. As for the sacrifices it's kinda arbitrary. They're rather broad and are secondary to the quest.
>>
>>44729426
I'm sorry, I meant Pact and not Contract.
>>
>>44729448
Pactbinder (the perk) is for making Contracts.
>>
>>44729480
So you couldn't make a Contract outside of the scope of those listed in the jump doc?
>>
Questions for people who took Job Offer from the Dresden jump: who did you work for, and how did you use it after the jump? Keep your old boss, get new ones, or become the benefactor yourself?
>>
>>44729798
The outsiders. I worked very hard to bring down the wall. Afterwards I do fun things like eating babies and burning villages.
>>
>>44729880
You must be fun at parties.
>>
>>44729906
Well yeah! Everyone loves a good old fashioned lynching! Dance around the flames! This is my 12th chain Im going full evil this go around.
>>
>>44729515
Those are the established ones. You can make new ones, although they will be similarly useful to the existing ones. You can exchange utility for power or add an extra cost to get more potent abilities.
>>
I've got one last Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs question,If I Succeed at Ugg's optional objective and I have the Zero Powers Run drawback is there any way for me to take the flying saucers with me?
>>
>>44729926
Well, congratulations. You've allied yourself with the one faction even Satan and his fallen angels won't work with.
>>
>>44729798
I worked for Quetzalcoatl in-Jump. Spent a LOT of time fighting the Red Court, but after Harry took care of him my duties became a lot less focused.

Afterwards, I took the "you can get a new job" option, and just swapped each time I got to a viable world. Free plot every time, not to mention the new powers always fit a lot better than wherever I came from before.
>>
>>44729926
Congrats, your chain ended. Earth being destroyed is a failure condition.
>>
>>44730364
It is? That seems somewhat arbitrary. Was it a failure condition for the setting or something?
>>
>>44730382
kek

Edgelord ends his chain due to reading comprehension failure. That's just choice.
>>
>>44730364
Nope. Do it just before your jump ends and your hunky dori.
>>
>>44730391
It's not me. I'm just asking.
>>
>>44730391
>just choice
>>
>>44730382
Not in general as far as I know, no.

The edgelord is probably going to damn himself to a fate worse than death, though.
>>
>>44730391
>>44730364
>>44730364
Not him but could you point out where it says this?
>>
>>44730560
It doesn't. He may or may not be confusing it with the DBZ endgame condition though, which only mandates YOU personally can't destroy the Earth
>>
>>44729798
Freya. I had to continue my working for/with/as norse gods theme.
>>
Having never seen Hellsing (other than the abridged version) can anyone tell me what the souls absorbed with Dark Binding can actually be used to do?
>>
Hey if you take a drawback where the warehouse is locked off are you prevented from taking pod-companions into that jump?
>>
>>44730560
>First option is something bad happens, and you don't make it. If you die or if the whole world gets destroyed and you're still somehow standing, then it's game over.
>>
>>44730694
Either way as long as a person destroys the wall just as they are about to jump out then they kept their bargain. It's a dick move but still they keep their word.

It takes time to destroy a world after all.
>>
Hey Narutoanon, summoning keeps working as per the jump once you leave Naruto, yes?

But, are you dragging them and their realm with you or just gaining access to a new copy each jump?
>>
>>44730885
Fanwank as required.
>>
>>44730800
Maybe if you time it perfectly. But the Outsiders and the Winter Court have been fighting a war on a time scale where hours or even days of their endless war only buys the Earth seconds at a time. Plus, you're assuming your patrons will be happy with that kind of timeframe.
>>
>>44730916
True, I always figured 10 years give or take a week or two.
>>
Who made the Attack on Titan jump?
>>
>>44730978
The one in uploads is a pile of shit from Reddit. Someone here is working on an actual one.
>>
>>44730978
Someone who didn't actually post it in the thread. It should be purged soon.
>>
>>44730904
It was how it worked with regards to the Rinnengans ability to contract basically anything that has me worried. Some sort of official word would be nice. I expect the simple answer is it only works on the bought item though.
>>
File: 44-AR_13_42.png (6 KB, 512x446) Image search: [Google]
44-AR_13_42.png
6 KB, 512x446
http://pastebin.com/UzpsVV7N

I've been working at a pretty quick pace on this, though the REAL battle is about to begin, as I've determined the major class features (so to speak) of the backgrounds are in the 400's, so stay tuned.
>>
Is there anything stopping us from telling characters in the universe about what's going to happen to them. e.g. Going into a game and telling the main character about the plot twist at the end.
>>
>>44731116
No?
>>
>>44731116
Not at all. It's one of the fun things about Jumpchain, the potential to completely derail plots like that.
>>
>>44730885
Fanwank. I personally see it as you're dragging them along.
>>
>>44731178
Did you see my main concern? >>44731024
>>
>>44731078
Not gonna lie, as hyped as I am about this jump I am saddened that Stardust isn't one of the spells offered. I loved that spell.
>>
Okay, so, things:
1) Merchant knows Changeling better than I do so I am extremely grateful he exists and everyone should give him some sort of internet hug.
2) Today is my fifth actual day off since October. Progress on Genius has been hampered a bit due to exhaustion and the need to do fucking anything relaxing.
3) Problem Sleuth won't make sense unless you read it. And then it won't make sense in a way that makes sense.
>>
>>44731385
2) My condolences. I've got at least two exams in a week's time.

3) I just went with "shoot bad things with candy until they stop trying to hurt you, avoid puzzles unless there's absolutely no way around them" as a guideline for my time there, really.
>>
>>44731385
>it won't make sense in a way that makes sense
This sounds appropriate.
>>
>>44728142
Being that I have eleven Companioms, I ended up with three teams. ECLR, HDDC, and WAIF. Respectively called Eclair, Headache and...Waif.

Being not freshmen, we spent a lot of time tutoring RWBY and JNPR. At least when we weren't causing mayhem for Glynda to deal with.
>>
>>44731337
What do you think one of the capstones is going to be, Anon?
>>
>>44731679
See, I would have expected HDDC to be pronounced Haddock, like the fish.
>>
>>44731691
This is gonna be another one of those jumps where I need to sacrifice smaller unassuming jumps to harvest the CP I need to build what I want, isn't it?
>>
>>44731428
Good luck on your exams. Remember, studying often is more useful than cramming it all at once. I think it gets the brain used to retrieving the information or something.

Jumpers, how do you deal with attending school for the how-ever-many-th time?
>>
>>44731706
You would think that, except A) I hadn't thought of it, and B) headache is more than appropriate considering that team had three hellraisers and an enabler.
>>
>>44731767
Use the pretense of practical classes like woodwork or electronics to fashion crazy high levels of tech and then fast talk my way out of it.
>>
>>44731755

I've been studying the Dark Hadou of jumpmaking under Red, so if all goes according to plan...Yes. Yes you will
>>
>>44731767
I generally assume either you can test out of grades If it stuff you already know or that it teaches you stuff you didn't know in your background In which case the knowledge is fresh and interesting.
>>
>>44731767
Simple, I focus on different things.
I might do one time throw being a math nerd. The next time I might be a sports star. The time after that I could be a deliquint. And so on.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (247 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
247 KB, 500x336
>>44731849
Red's not Akum-
>All Akuma names are some sort of devil or demon
>I cant find any street fighter related pictures at this instant
>>
File: 1452530171623.png (195 KB, 486x218) Image search: [Google]
1452530171623.png
195 KB, 486x218
>>44731849
>>44732078
Goooooooooood. Good.

Strike them down with indecision and rage. Let their anguish flow through you.
>>
>>44732078
To be fair Akuma has a super mode and Red thinks super modes are for scrublords. Also IIRC Red specs in wrestling so she's more like Zangief.
>>
>>44727834
>Routinely cheats
Once in that chain that I've since reset.

>Has never completed the jump
Significant progress was made Sunday.
>>
File: RMikaSFA3.jpg (63 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
RMikaSFA3.jpg
63 KB, 600x800
>>44732313
Yes, Master!
....Mistress?
I guess SENSEI works better here

>>44732320
...Pic related?
>>
>>44731755
Wait, you can save up on CP from Jumps?
>>
>>44732524
I think he means that he'll be building up his capabilities in other jumps, so that he can take heavy drawbacks in the jumps with the REALLY good shit.
>>
>>44730142
You get to keep those automatically. if you manage to pull it off.
>>
>>44732524
I think it was a joke mate, CP never transfers between jumps unless they are in a series like the light of terra.
>>
>>44732597
I hate to drop them on you babs, but I would appreciate it if you could look at a couple of questions about your new jump.

What can Romulus Clay do with his qi manipulation, is there any relationship between Perenhellion and the men of bronze, and am I right in thinking the library of skulls doesn't exist if you dont take the drawback?
>>
In 40K, do Psykers only have access to their speciality or do they have access to all abilities, but their speciality is much easier for them?
>>
>>44732597
You might want to specify that kind of thing, Usually you can't take physical items if You don't have access to your warehouse,I assume that applies to the mole machine and other conveyances from backgrounds as well? Speaking Of The Warehouse and that drawback there is my other question >>44730654 .

Also can I please get some benchmarks for those flying saucers? I managed to get away with five of them.
>>
>>44732782
You've always been able to take items on your person, actually.
>>
>>44731767
I do other things during class. Like doodle, or write, or draft blueprints. Or play video games in my head - gotta love Cyberware. If the teacher calls on me angrily I answer without hesitation and with complete accuracy, and after a couple of times they generally just accept that I'm paying attention.
>>
>>44732852
I've got five folks in pods, and I'm about 6 feet even for this jump, I don't think There is room for five flying saucers,eight laser rifles and five full-grown human beings in on my person.

Also Babylon is kind of a stickler for power level drawbacks, otherwise I would've taken some of those fancy jumper weapons with me rather than making do with the contents of the armories.
>>
>>44732988
>There is room for five flying saucers,eight laser rifles and five full-grown human beings in on my person.
You've just got to believe in yourself m8.
>>
>>44732597
Does the Library of Skulls include instructions on how to make more skulls? I find the storage method interesting and aesthetically pleasing. Sending someone to a sepulcher full of telepathic skulls beats giving them info the old fashioned way hands down.
>>
>>44732768
the latter
>>
Hey, Clover. The RWBY discussion above reminded me of a question I had.

I imported a staff as the melee form of my variable weapon, and want to use twin pistols as the ranged form. The customisation section says you get one melee and one ranged form free. Would I need to buy my weapon an extra form to have the dual pistols be one form, or could I just pay to import both pistols as the free ranged form?

I ask because I don't want to end up having it with two pistol forms it can swap between; I want my staff to separate and transform into the two pistols.
>>
>>44727295
http://pastebin.com/cyCfLA6Q
どうぞ
>>
>>44727324
In the Guidebook the author states Esdeath was meant to the sort of person that you would absolutely want on your side, but also be undeniably evil, make of that what you will. Though she and Jibril would certainly get along, what with their main interests being war and learning, also Esdeath being a very dominant sadistic person while Jibril has a very strong submissive side.
>>
>>44733564
Not pistols are part of the staff and both are active at once, so I'd say one purchase.
>>
>>44734321
both*
>>
>>44731116
Depends how delicate the balancing act of fate/prophecy/sheer fucking luck is.

Is the setting robust enough that the protagonist knowing bits of the future won't doom the universe?

Or is it the Dresden Files, where the twenty+ book series is detailing how Harry Dresden is continuously put in a position where he doesn't have enough information or power to solve the situations thrown his way that force him to take skeevy powerups, getting into worse situations because the powerups were skeevy, lather, rinse, repeat?

Oh, and for the most of the series he doesn't know that he's actually one of the few walking, talking anti-anti-reality weapons. And that it's strongly implied that the constant shit he's being put through is the active manipulation of higher powers that are forced to act indirectly doing every last goddamn thing in their capability to powerlevel him for the Empty Night.
>>
>>44732313
I actually 'heard' that in the Emperor's voice.
Complete with evil cackling. Good job.
>>
>>44734343
>dat spoiler
Does that mean if a Jumper showed up with the appropriate perks/capability, the PTB would (try to) lump Jumper with the job instead?
>>
In the percy jackson import options, can companions be imported as demigods from a different pantheon than what you chose?
>>
>>44734451
You'd need to be actually staying for the thrice apocalypse, and Starborn or equivalent. Oversimplified: The eldritch that normally enforce their own rules over that of reality are forced back to playing by the user's reality, in addition to power over names. 'Power over names' in this context means 'give freewill to the soulless (explicitly without freewill)' and 'archangels have panic attacks when you mispronounce their name because that might CHANGE THEIR FUNDAMENTAL NATURE'
>>
>>44734451
Considering Jumpers are technically Mega-Outsiders?

They would probably spontaneously invent Balefire, just to use it on you.
>>
>>44734556
mfw I took Outsider perks
How much do the PTB want me dead?
>>
>>44734610
As long as you keep your head down and don't show off? They won't even notice you are there.

If you have any 'Your-adventures-in-a-book' perk, don't take them of the Warehouse, otherwise the Archive will instantly know about you. In fact, don't take any book from other jumps out of the Warehouse.
>>
>>44734451

You'd probably get away with just powering up Dresden along the way.
>>
>>44726970
None of the other Pokemon jumps take place in the same technological setting, though.

Though not like it matters, considering all the other jumps that let you get technology from previous jumps.
>>
>>44734553
Hmm. Have to check my options for the first requirement, but the second can be met by the Words Hold Power capstone from Viking Saga jump.
>>
>>44734703
How dangerous is DF as a Jump if I take The Choice level 2, ...And It Wasn't My Fault, Doom of Damocles, Faerie Debt, and He Who Walk Beside? Mid-tier, High-tier, ASA-tier?
>>
>>44734556
This is implied to be wrong, though. The Outsider-Outsiders are the servants of forgotten gods whose memory is carefully kepy away from public perception to stop them regaining power in the Oblivion War. Unless you're the servant, harbinger, emissary or incarnation of something big, bad and antiethical to reality as we know it, they should hopefully give you some slack. Amongst other things, Outsiders seem to carry an aura of mind rape around as a trademark attack/fundamental aspect of their very being
>>
>>44733714
Speaking of the Blame! jump, if I take Close Associates as part of the reward for Scenario 2, do they get included in the Class of 4C companion slot or are they separate?
>>
>>44735059
Your call. I don't mind either way.
>>
>>44734722
>trying to be dresden
You-you don't care about your loved ones much do you?
>>
File: let's keep going.jpg (96 KB, 1032x720) Image search: [Google]
let's keep going.jpg
96 KB, 1032x720
>>44734707
Heh. Anyone want to give the Archangel capstone (grants divinity and purifies/magnifies your physical and magical abilities "many times over") from Darksiders to Harry?

>>44734816
All those drawbacks combined, especially crossing the T with HWWB? At least high-tier, and both David Xanatos and Gendo Ikari look forward to hearing of your plans to survive.
>>
>>44735079
Cool. That means I can fit 22 companions into one slot, given that I kept my whole class alive and converted most of the mb I got in Scenario 1 to credits (not much that particularly appealed to me, there, though STO is awesome and I'm going to get a lot of use out of it). Including an extra Yion. And a Niardi. Maybe I should leave her out for the Yions' sake, even if she's not as bad as the original she could still wind up giving them flashbacks. So 21 companions in one slot, still not bad.
>>
>>44735173
Would just taking the Big Old Apocalyptic Trilogy drawback be easier? Since according to that, I just have to stay in the world. Would I just have to retroactively see if I survive the stuff that happens?
>>
Call me stupid but where exactly is the Blame! jump? I don't see it on the drive.
>>
>>44735216
We have no idea yet, we know the Apoc trilogy will be bad, but scale we havn't gotten an inclination yet.
>>
>>44735268
It's not. Dirge tends not to upload stuff to the drive until he's got a bunch of stuff built up to drop all at once. I've been saving the stuff he posts in the thread, though.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1noIvfC0-n5WkZyZGJ5WWFGRUk&usp=sharing
>>
>>44735288
Fuck it. I'm taking that then. Should be interesting, and actually motivate me to read the books.
>>
>>44735288
That's part of the reason why it's 600 CP, FYI. You're basically taking the risk that you're going to get hit by the literary equivalent of Shonen Syndrome.
>>
>>44735288
Mab is in charge of the defense.

Mab.
>>
>>44735328
Thank you kind gentlesir
>>
>>44735346
The shounen is already strong with dresden files.

>>44735349
Shes only been thirsty in series so far so we haven't really seen her go all out.
>>
File: Antispiraldetermined.png (340 KB, 767x617) Image search: [Google]
Antispiraldetermined.png
340 KB, 767x617
>>44733714
Aw, crumbs. Gonna have to go with Plan B: Join Cave 8, and research GBE adaptation techniques using our own gravity furnace. We probably could rig up some sort of Iron Man-style arrangement but given the timeframe it's...gonna be a lot more experimental and finicky than the real deal even with our capabilities. Best to give the kids their Imaginos shots before donning the suits.

Hey, to be fair he's the one who's all about impromptu brain surgery and hunting things as an exam. We'd say we're roughly even.

We cut out the 10 minute session after the Shia spiel where we carefully explained how not letting your dreams be dreams isn't necessarily the same thing as having them come true but hey-teenagers man, nuance is wasted on them

Bah, any sufficiently advanced algorithm is indistinguishable from social justice. Social constructs are just data points that haven't been analysed as fully by lesser social justice classes anyway.

Everything can be weaponised, eventually. Moefication is no exception.

That may as be, but we'd be VERY interested in seeing your resumes prior to this line of work.

Oh, we usually do. But if you want something finicky done right, you gotta do it yourself.

Just the one. She's just been awfully temporally displaced during this misadventure.

Oh well. All's well that ends well. A few questions spring to mind though: 1. What happens if you use exotic energies or electricity like say, Necron living lightning or a simulacrum of the "Sting" wavelength used by Entities to hunt each other in the creation of Safeguards? 2. Are the "avatars" of the uplifted machines holographic projections, or is it more like a grimdarker version of The Brave Little Toaster Goes To Mars? 3. Thoughts on using HBFS on a Structure Conversion Tower?
>>
Dresden Files is literally the only series where I want to help the main character but because I helped them they would get screwed over in the future because they didn't take the skeevy power-ups.
>>
>>44735493
Have you considered taking one of the "sense the plot" perks? Princess Bride's Bard capstone is wonderful for figuring out where you can make life easier on the heroes without ruining things in the future.
>>
>>44735522
I have it's just that so much of Dresden's character development boils down to "Life sucks, but I do what I must."

I think the only thing I'm willing to do is give him a way to get hot water.
>>
>>44734540
I'd say no. Percy Jackson doesn't have much cross pantheon interaction unless things are going very wrong.
>>
File: Anti+Spiral.jpg (12 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Anti+Spiral.jpg
12 KB, 500x281
>>44734816
Not sure what "ASA-tier" is supposed to mean, but it can't be stressed enough that HWWB is far, FAR worse than all your other drawbacks combined. Not just because the damn things can no-sell most of your out-of-context stuff. Not just because it's implied Walkers can't even die properly unless it's the right season. But also because just associating with the Outsiders is going to make the White Council and the Fae give you far, far less leeway once they realise who's interested in you. Before? You might have been able to hash out a ceasefire. Now? Unless you do a very convincing job of fighting the Outsiders head-on /and/ they're in a good mood, they'll view you as a lost cause at best and a traitor to reality at worst.

>>44735349
Hey, to be fair-Mab gets shit done. All Titania's done all series is throw a hissy fit and waste one of her heaviest hitter's time fetching donuts for Harry.
>>
>>44735493
Well, you could always substitute those skeevy power-ups for YOUR skeevy power-ups.

'Tis what I did.

Then again, it's not just about the power, but the hardships Harry experienced... So yes - plot sense or not, one has to be VERY careful. Even fixing his door is trouble.

Or, just take Harry's place.
>>
>>44735593
ASA-tier in this case likely means going up and poking in the nose the things you generally should avoid poking and taking on DBZ end of series enemies. Probably throw in some conceptual nonsense and such along with late jumper power. If I read his intent right.

>>44735662
>Take his place
Is good joke.
>>
>>44735593
ASA-tier is 500-goddamn-jumps-tier. It's essentially the highest tier possible for jumpers. Well, in my eyes at least.
>>
>>44735662
Sounds fascinating. Did you do a Fae or Outsider build?
>>
File: 1273644531355.jpg (40 KB, 631x356) Image search: [Google]
1273644531355.jpg
40 KB, 631x356
Right, dumb question for people. Exactly what does the Philosopher Stone in Akame ga Kill even do? Like aside from that weird Teigu stuff, exactly what can it do alchemy-wise?
>>
So, two important questions about Food Fight. First, for those of you who went Ike, what awesome product from your Jumping did you become the mascot for? Second... How the fuck do I survive ten years without going insane and slaughtering everything in that godforsaken universe?
>>
>>44734321
Please be Clover, please be Clover, please be Clover.
Yeah, that's sort of what I was thinking. After talking about it on IRC I was leaning towards buying an extra alt-form for the second pistol, but realized that it wouldn't work out the right way, I'd just be able to turn it into a staff or a pistol or another pistol. I'm hoping it can work out like Sun's shotgun staff, even if I have to tie a piece of string to the guns to make them eligible for one import then take it off later.
>>
>>44735760
Take all the patience and anti-madness perks you can get your hands on? It won't be enough
>>
File: WarCraft_Raneman043c.jpg (83 KB, 550x425) Image search: [Google]
WarCraft_Raneman043c.jpg
83 KB, 550x425
If I'm a summoner of some sort, like from final fantasy, world of warcraft or just a d&d wizard with a familiar, my abilities still function in other jumps, and the entity I call up is usually the same one each time, right?

What prevents me from summoning them over and over again each jump, teaching and training them, and while I couldn't spend CP on import options, they could still grow as powerful as my other companions, and not be subject to the 8 active companions limit?

Which I guess is just a roundabout way of asking if there's ever a point that something you've picked up with in-job abilities can change sufficiently to become a capital-c Companion, or can this only happen by spending CP?
>>
File: antispirals.jpg (16 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
antispirals.jpg
16 KB, 640x360
>>44735716
Um. Googled the wiki earlier and...it seems the most blatent use of the thing was implantation into a girl which allowed her to transform into a Danger Beast? She could also shrug off being poisoned by a Teigu called Murasame.

>>44735676
>>44735674
Oh uh. In that case, don't mess with the Archangels. The one Harry met, Uriel, can bust galaxies with a thought. Also steer clear of the Mothers, the most powerful of the Fae and also the planetary embodiments of creation and destruction. And just-don't go poking for the Oblivion War entities or Demonreach's prison just to be safe.

Really, it shouldn't come to that even with those drawbacks-unless you get really, really, story-breakingly unlucky with the Outsiders. If an archangel does show up it'd be more likely to save your ass than anything, but Uriel's the only one who seems to do much and he's mostly helping Harry and Michael out.
>>
>>44735882
Well the WoW summons are always the same. I think the lore makes mention of the fact that certain summons can grow attached to the summoner despite them being horrible Burning Legion monstrosities. Like the succubus pretty much always getting jealously in love with the warlock.
>>
>>44735882

Summons in games generally can't actually improve on their own, but you can always improve your ability to summon them or incorporate buffs and whatnot.

DnD Summons are actually more like monster archetypes.
>>
>>44733714
I've also done a full build for Blame!, didn't flesh out the scenarios and such because it's going to be a bit before I feel safe running it.
Blame!
Silicon Life (free)
Malleable Form (free)
Resilience (900)
Subordination Protocol (700) Don't see myself using it much, useful to have though
Adaptation (400) And now my jumper is even more protean
Ravager (200)
Full Chess Set (-400) Just wouldn't do to play without all the pieces
UI (-500)
Sanakan Soul (-1100)
Silicon Virus (Free)
Silicon Shield (-1100)
3 Major Arcana (-800) Rolled the World, the Sun, and the Stars, guess I'm on an astronomical bent
Both Scenarios (-400)
Brave New World (-200) Goes nicely with the World, so I'm at best half concious and usually fading between the two worlds
Gentle Disconnection (0) And now I'm even less sure of my senses, fun times
As a side note reinforced mega structure plating is cut off and the Data to Credits exchange might need some tweaking. Also can Subordination Protocol be used on inorganic life? General plan is to try to set up an STC in my Warehouse to help negate the World some, going to be teaching biology. Also I find it interesting that only one Arcana on the table isn't reversed.
>>
>>44735936
Well yes, but I'm wondering what ELSE it does regarding alchemy. Like if it doesn't do that much then I can't quite justify the purchase for the Teigu alone and could probably get away with only 300CP worth of drawbacks.
>>
>>44735488
1. Safeguards work best off of simple things, less resistance, more flexibility. We see that the most powerful Safeguard tend to be the least complex - the Exterminators for example are ridiculously massive (one of them is the size of a room in his head alone) but gets taken down relatively easily. Safeguards tend to work well with what their "base body" provides - so a base body formed of more exotic resources is likely to provide stronger functions than not. Most of the Safeguard created via SCTs seem to be rather rudimentary in nature - essentially mooks, with higher tier resources you can probably bump them up a couple levels.

2. Holographic projections from what we've seen in verse, Mensab being a key example of a machine that went a little too far beyond its bounds. No real reason why you can't mix it with other digital tech to give them more than just a hologram but you'll have to find the synergy yourself. I have a jump in mind for that....but I have other things to get to before it.

Structure Conversion Towers reflect one of the key weaknesses of HBFS - that standalone entities essentially means a "dead end" for the virus. Each SCT is essentially "disconnected" from the Net Sphere, so while individual infection and uplifting is possible, mass infection from SCT to another isn't, since each SCT acts within its own local vicinity. A better example of using HBFS is likely within the Cave AIs, though the immediate effect won't be as apparent without a bit of long term observation, since rather than uplifting completely dumb machines, the Cave AIs are all pretty sophisticated already to begin with.
>>
>>44735716
It didn't do much when revealed, it was sort of some excuse for a character to be immune to an attack from Akame. I think Dorothea used it for some of her other alchemy stuff with some of the other things she did. Such as transforming someone into a monster that could not just dodge bullets but cut them while running towards them, and she supposedly used it to modify the grand imperial Teigu, which might be Shikoutazer, though as it hasn't actually appeared yet it's just that she did some modification to the thing. Though the grand imperial Teigu is also supposed to be the most powerful Teigu, and she supposedly improved the thing with her alchemy.
>>
>>44735760
By slaughtering everything in that godforsaken universe? I mean, according to the jump, you can slaughter the personifications all you like, it won't stick. So... ten cathartic years of being The Rampaging Dragon, interspersed with long naps wherein nobody dares mess with you? Sort of of like Night At The Museum meets Groundhog Day, only with lightning and fireballs and guns, lots of guns.
>>
>>44735882
Valkyrie Profile has a method of summoning that lets you improve the 'summons'.
>>
File: 1452485564227.gif (2 MB, 300x214) Image search: [Google]
1452485564227.gif
2 MB, 300x214
>>44736099
>Though the grand imperial Teigu is also supposed to be the most powerful Teigu, and she supposedly improved the thing with her alchemy.
>improved it
And like that I'm an additional 600CP in the hole. Fuck my life. I'm just gonna stay in here.
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>44736041
Unfortunately that's...all the wiki says about the stone, actually. It's. It's literally just used to make one girl into a super-unkillable monster thing.

>>44736067
1. Interesting. We KNEW that Neahy colour distillary was going to come in handy someday. That, and having two solar goddesses implanted in our very being.

2. Hmm, alright. Actually, we thought of a perk from Zoids Legacy supplemented by a perk from Storm Hawks as a starting point.

3. So-nanomachines, not transmitters. Gotcha.
>>
>>44735882
>>44735944
D&D's Summon X, at least in Generic 3.5, leaves it up to you to decide whether your style of summoning involves (1) generic copies, (2) random yoinking, (3) same one every time. The rules on it are buried in one of the supplements I think; I can spend a few minutes to have a go at tracking down a citation, if you want?

As to training / making them a Companion... if you do get the "same one every time", then you could indeed train them up, equip them and such, but you'd need to spend CP to make them an actual capital-C Companion.
>>
>>44736203
Well enjoy the drawbacks.
>>
What perks would I need to summon lightning strikes down onto me?

Besides MCU. I could not and cannot afford to have A Funny Thing Happened with Asgardian as Retro-Engineer was just too good for my build to pass up.
>>
>>44735882
People tend to run off of the principle that summons will lose any modifications they had once they are "banished/returned", so once the summon duration ends you would by all means receive a brand new copy the next time you summon them. Up to you what canon you work with I guess.

There is a perk that lets Summons retain modifications, but it's very specific and limited due to its ramifications. Typically making companions is a CP only thing - because keep in mind that a companion essentially comes with immortality (dependent on yours) as well as a whole slew of opportunities that a "pet/summon" wouldn't have.

Summons do technically go over the 8 active companion limit. But I'd use them sparingly, because writefagging it can be ridiculous. Even when I had 16 people (15 + jumper) fighting one guy, the writefagging was a pain in the ass, without considering where all the summons were.

>>44736007
Huh. Good catch with the RMSP. I feel like the use of data in units of 128 is probably a major source of confusion, probably will just translate it over to 128 = 1 packet and check the run again. The basic conversions should be ok since you can only do each scenario once (which basically does make the order matter to some degree). The rewards themselves aren't anything too game changing so I'm not...too concerned.

Subordination Protocol needs targets that are capable of comprehension. To clarify via lore, the context of the Silicon Life was a cult that believed in "digital life" (which could be considered inorganics) as the next step of evolution for humans, and the vast majority of their "rituals" were conducted to blur the lines between this level of inorganic vs organic. Eventually they became inorganic/organic hybrids.

I took a deck of Major Arcana cards and flipped them. I somehow got a bunch of them reversed. Oh well.
>>
>>44736212
Don't forget to hunt down the programs for the higher-level Safeguard while you're there. The highest you can get access to create just from buying them is Level 6, but they go all the way up to 9. And that thing is just crazy. It appears to have some sort of local physics-altering powers, casually reshaping any matter or energy in its vicinity. Doesn't seem to be able to block gravity, though, so GBEs can still take it down.
>>
>>44736203
That gif is adorable.
>>
>>44736323
Maru's number one rule: If I can fit in it, I WILL fit in it.
>>
>>44736320
The Level 9 you're thinking about isn't a "true" Level 9, just an "infant" one. Unfortunately this becomes a major problem, since it goes rampant moving with a singular purpose, and eventually this is also what causes its downfall.

It's hinted that the reason why a L9 program downloaded in the first place was largely due to the presence of the Net Terminal Gene. You have to remember that the Safeguard's Prime Directive above anything else is to secure the Net Terminal Gene, and motive decay was what led to the Safeguard killing anything that didn't have the NTG (As seen in NOiSE, though later exceptions show up). When the NTG appeared after having not been seen for god knows how long, the Safeguard likely deployed their most significant resource in other to contain it - just that no one could have expected a human woman would interfere the way she did.

With that in mind, there's no real telling what a true L9 program could do. We know that one of the later model Exterminators is capable of "isolating space", creating matter on the spot to "lock" Sanakan down. But again, GBE kinda trumps it - though the GBE trumps pretty much everything. Trying to control a L9 program...well that's going to be a bit tough if the infant L9 is any model to go by.
>>
>>44736454
Actually, thinking about it, I think I'm confusing the L9 with the ultra-Exterminator that Killy and Sanakan fight. Not sure how I got them mixed up, they don't look much alike.
>>
File: Ufufu~.jpg (110 KB, 850x646) Image search: [Google]
Ufufu~.jpg
110 KB, 850x646
>>44735689
Full Outsider, with some other stuff.

After some fast-talking, I ended up a regular fixture in Shinto shrine maiden's clothing on Harry's couch, exhanging snark, providing booze and hugging the cat. As far as Harry was aware, of course. The joys of being in two places at once. While another me, somewhere else... But nevermind that.

Some months later - randomly freak Harry out by restoring his Beetle's interior after the mold demons thing, and freak him out completely by effortlessly subduing a storm sylph on an Oklahoma road trip. Then, declare his magic an unsafe piece of shit mind-killer and take up Molly's apprenticeship, who has just manifested her own abilities.

Then Blood Rites happen, and Dresden completely loses any idea what to think of me when I cure his brother of the thirst. He tries to get me to do the same thing with Susan, but fails to find her.

A year later - Deadbeat comes around, and things become absolutely nuts glorious, as I continue with not curbsomp, but hijinks. Do things by doing not the powerful things, but impossible things. Those are always fun. Not to mention, teaching Harry how to git gud during that year. Cole had some nice surprise waiting for him.

And during all of this, Lasciels both under Dresden's house and in his mind slowly become subverted to my side. Dresden gets pregnant slightly faster, I suppose, as she falls in love in much better circumstances.

Did I mention it was around jump 400 for me?

Writing out details would require rereading the books, but I guess that paints the picture quite nicely. How's it looking?~

Also, Demonsreach is looking like a nice banquet the more I think about it...
>>
>>44736306
The issue is that you get one credit for each purchase and credits are only useful in groupings of ten. As for the Arcana, interesting to see that it happened by chance.

Also looks like my Safeguards may be getting slightly remodeled. Don't have anything to make them too great but having them do telepathic assaults on their target en masse should let them be slightly more effective. Of course that runs into the issue that they'll likely be impeded on telepathic strength by the insanity.
>>
>>44736543
>Dresden gets pregnant slightly faster

...?
>>
File: 1451323299546.jpg (50 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
1451323299546.jpg
50 KB, 408x439
>>44736543
>>
>>44736889
Whoops. Spoilers!~

>>44736942
Eh? What's wrong?
>>
>>44736889
Spirits of intellect are formed from an act of true love between a spirit and a human. They then grow within the human's skull.

Lash gave her life to save Dresden from an incredibly powerful mental attack. That was an act of true love. So his brain got pregnant with their mutual child.
>>
File: 07d.png (220 KB, 384x635) Image search: [Google]
07d.png
220 KB, 384x635
>>44736543
>genderbending Dresden and getting him pregnant
>mindraping him to like it
>mfw
>>
>>44737059
Wait... What?

Oh, right. Not everyone's read the books.
>>
>>44737059
See >>44736988, getting pregnant didn't make Dresden a woman because spirits
>>
File: get to know JIKOKU.jpg (214 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
get to know JIKOKU.jpg
214 KB, 600x480
>>44737110
Not that anon but i just got the information.

And I'm still confused
>>
>>44737182
So was Harry, the poor sod.

Hopefully, Peace Talks will explain more on the topic.
>>
>>44736988
So brain damage?
>>
>>44735522
>Princess Bride
Such a good jump. It manages to capture the dry humor of the book, and has some great perks.

Nice format, too. It's a good less is more jump doc.
>>
>>44736587
Hm. Point noted. I'll swap it to a 256 per 10 (2:2 to match the Academy's (1:1) with a hard cap of 100.
>>
>>44736543
>>44736889
>>44736968
>>44736988
>>44737059
>>44737125
>>44737182
The aristocrats!
>>
>>44737219
Well, if you don't get it extracted by a mental Mage or someone similar, it'll literally burst out of your skull like Athena, except since you're not Zeus you'll just die.
>>
>>44735824
Same anon here. Sorry, not Clover. Just what I'd do.
It's not that big of a deal, however you want to do it. Just fanwank it.
>>
>>44736305
Pagan God from Supernatural has a perk for that. It lets you control an aspect of nature and if I remember right it specifically mentions storms.
>>
>>44737291
So yes. I hope it never happens to me, I'd have to burn my brain.
>>
So what's the best way to keep track of all your Jumping stuff?
>>
Is there any reason to be a human in Dresden Files? Because it seems like the only thing they have going for them is a magic system that you have spend decades working at before you're any good.
>>
>>44737482
Print out the jump documents and eat them. You will naturally internalize the knowledge, then you simply forget what you didn't take.

>>44737498
Free will? Most creatures in Dresden Files are of their own nature, rather than choosing their nature. Fairies are fairies, angels are angels. Humans can be doctors or cannibals or ostrich farmers.
>>
>>44737479
>Needing a brain
>laughingblobs.jpg
>>
>>44737296
I may if Clover doesn't show up for a day or two. For now I'll just wait. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>44737498
Non-humans don't have souls, and don't have free will.
>>
>>44737559
>>44737619
This isn't an issue for jumplings.
>>
>>44737482
Some people use Cherry Tree, others some type of word program. I'm a spreadsheet devotee, so I use google sheets.
>>
>>44737567
I don't need a brain, but I'm assuming that's where it'll nest anyway.

>Oh, looks like that spirit and you are going to have a baby. No problem, we'll just extract it when it's ready and...
>Wait, why are you ears smoking?
>Is your brain on FIRE!?
>ARE YOU BURNING YOUR OWN UNBORN CHILD TO DEATH!?
>>
this calls for domestic conflict

amnesia
unstable (i picked this just to bring the whole city of columbia down to da ground)
mick
private investigator
age 32 sleuth
sky-hook
barbershop quartet
broadsider
lockpicks
bag of eagles
motorized patriot of bernie sanders with the body of both gundam rose and gundam maxter
cigarettes
salts machine
dumpster diver
cult of personality
savvy
lockpicking
bucking bronco
charge
devil's kiss
murder of crows
possession
return to sender
shock
jockey
undertow
>>
>>44737498
Look at everyone and everything Harry, has gone up against. Ask yourself what happened to them. Then ask yourself what the point of being a mortal practitioner is.
>>
>>44737684
Harry the bullshit guy with lots of outside powerups.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.