[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #645: Shattered Smile And Optimism Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: TheBasics.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
TheBasics.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44559496
>>
>>44575542
You monster.
>>
>>44575116
Rise is a stain on the name of Gemini.
>>
>>44575069
>>
>>44575314
>108 Blue Feathers
Wait. People have actually waifu'd and companion'd all the Sekirei? How does that even work?
>>
>>44575730
People who either have cloning-self / budding perks, or don't know how relationship dynamics actually work.
>>
>>44575656
Just imagine how you'd react to each set of circumstances on a case-by-base basis

After a while jumping becomes unrelatable and that's okay, it's just an imaginary choice game. Fill in the blanks with yo imagination
>>
>>44575730
That many people in a relationship is just a nightmare and wouldn't work. So as this anon said >>44575748
>>
>>44575748
>>44575773
All these powers and you lack so much imagination.
>>
>>44575730
I dunno, man. I've got 12 and that seems like a handful to me. Adding nearly 100 on top of that? Fuggetaboutit.
>>
>>44575656
Honestly? You can't. You just go with what you want now, even if your Jumper would choose otherwise.

People have a hard time working with super intelligence and have to ask the thread for plans sometimes, and whatever people think up together isn't even close to what the Jumper would actually go with. But it's the best you can get.

Same principle here.
>>
>>44575804
All the complexities of a relationship and you lack any sense of self preservation

>>44575814
This
>>
>>44575314
You could always just take the Terraria Jump and take Delineated Crafting and the Merchant and Traveling Merchant as Companions.

Delineated Crafting is like the thing The Guide does in Terraria, where you can look at a crafting material and know what it can be used to make, but for literally anything you can get your grubby mitts on.

The Merchant and Traveling Merchant will sell widely-available(Merchant) and rare(Traveling Merchant) items from any Jump you've been to. The Traveling Merchant's stock is fairly random, and he only shows up for a day once every five to seven days, and they're all at a steep mark-up, but he might end up with a blue feather or two every so often, in addition to what you can craft.
>>
>>44575814
>I've got 12
That seems oddly specific.
>>
A friend and I kind of want to work on a handful of Jumps together; he wants to make a Symbiote Jump and a Pact Jump, after the web serials of the same name, and I want to make a Dragonmech Jump, after the 3.x campaign setting, and a Dino Crisis Jump, after the game series.

We're only really on the initial planning stages of any of it, but I'm posting to figure out if there's any interest, or if someone else is already doing one or more of them.
>>
>>44575814
>fuggetaboutit
Enzo, is that you?
>>
>>44575730
I don't know, especially since they can't count. They think it'll take then ten jumps to copy a hundred or more feathers when they can make one a month, ie 120 per jump.
>>
>>44575869
1 Earth Spirit
1 Angel
2 Ship Girls
2 Zentradi
2 Princesses
4 Sororitas
>>
>>44575939
>Earth Spirit
>Angel
>2 princesses
I almost want to know the story on how you got them.
>>
>>44575910
I am interested to varying degrees in all those IPs which I will now rate on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 represents absolute apathy and 10 represents fanatical enthusiasm. And as far as I know, none of those are claimed

>Symbiote

4/10, sounds promising but I know nothing of it

>Dino Crisis

6/10, heard some good things

>Dragonmech

2/10, don't know what that is but go for it

>Pact

8/10, I want to get back on Wildbow's wild ride

>>44575949
I suspect the Earth Spirit at least is Gaia from EVO jump
>>
>>44575314
>108 waifu

>>44575814
>12 waifu

And I thought I was weird having three - well, two and a husbando, but still.
>>
>>44575982
Waifuing is serious business
>>
File: b-29.jpg (542 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
b-29.jpg
542 KB, 848x1200
>>44575939
>>44575949
I do want to know, TELL US ANON.

Also where do I get a B-29? I need one because reasons.
>>
>>44575998
Platoon or Sabaton?
>>
>>44575910
dino crisis I'd like to take, but if you're going to claim it then I guess I'll let you have first dibs since you called it first.
>>
>>44575910
>Symbiote

unaware of what it is, need to google.

>Pact

Oh _god_ more Wildbow wankery.

>Dragonmech

Sounds awesome to me, but I know the Toriko-Anon had mentioned plans of wanting to work on one but hasn't out-and-out claimed it as I'm aware.

>Dino Crisis

Do it. This is fuckin awesome.
>>
>>44575825
I don't think the Terraria perks would let you craft Blue Feathers, and even if one of the Merchants sells them it'd just be the 'get married' feather from the game, not the 'get married and they become a companion' that the jump offers.
>>
>>44576061
>more Wildbow wankery

Hahahaha, you thought the "How do I kill Scion" arguments were bad? Just wait 'til people get a load of the Barber, Faysal and the Abyss.
>>
>>44576115
Uuuuuugh. Let me unlock my liquor cabinet then in preparation.

... What, you thought for the drinking game? Naw, this is to preserve my sanity.
Sanity in sweet, purifying alcohol.
>>
>>44576113
>The new item is indistinguishable from the first, and has all the same powers.
It should thus have ALL the powers. He's not replicating the in-game item, he's replicating the CP item.
>>
>>44576158
That's the minecraft perk, not Terraria's perks
>>
>>44576113
>>44576158
What the fuck, I read that as Minecraft. I'm sorry, it's 5:68 AM where I am.
>>
>>44576158
with a ruling like that, before long somebody is going to use it to buy stasis pods by assuming the warehouse is another jump segment.
>>
File: 1441343528388.jpg (3 MB, 2823x4000) Image search: [Google]
1441343528388.jpg
3 MB, 2823x4000
>>44575910
>dinos
>dragon mech
10/10 interest
>all that other stuff
>Dragonmech and Dinos!

I had a thing for steampunk games and dinosaurs at one point...
>>
>>44575069 >>44575656
Some people do multiple short chains, basically "what if I'd jumped x/y/z instead of a/b/c". If that doesn't work for you, you could perhaps try a chain in which all your jumps are only one year (or one whatever) each instead of ten, see if that inspires your writing skills.
>>
>>44576144
Oh, no-wait. Wait, I just thought of the thing that's going to assblast like, 99% of the /jc/ community who can't exist outside of reality, tank conceptual misfortune or for whom it might not be an issue:

KARMA.
>>
>>44576255
It feels good being an incarnation of misfortune already.
>>
>>44576255
So you just don't jump it until you can dodge misfortune or lurk outside of reality.

But wait, karma's an honest-to-goodness force in Pact? Looooovely.
>>
>>44576325
Even better, it gets passed down the family line creating a crushing debt for evil wizards. Also the entire universe is more fucked than Dresden which is always on the brink from secret forever war. Trap jump.
>>
>>44575910
I fucking love Pact, and would greatly enjoy a jump of it.

From a quick google, I very much would be interested in the Dragonmech jump. Really, I'm up for any D&D jump.

Dino Crisis just sounds like good fun (or pants shitting terror, depending on where I slot it into my chain).

>>44576255
Joke's on them, I'm a good guy!

I know how retarded and amoral karma (and pretty much the cosmology as a whole) is in that setting. I'm going to enjoy demolishing it.
>>
>>44576356
Let's not go to Pact, 'tis a silly place.
>>
Saw the Star Wars VT-49 Decimator in another thread recently and wondered if I could find it in either of the SW jumps we have, and if so which one is it in?
>>
>>44576325
It gets worse: Karma isn't /just/ an abstract force. Everything in the Choir of Darkness demon-chewed, badly patched together scraps of a universe is either composed of or managed by trillions of invisible spirits-and they're the ones that decide who's naughty and who's nice. Every single thing you do, up to and including the way you do it in, is being carefully scrutinised by the little assholes.

And despite this, it's possible to cheat around the rules to be an asshole while reaping good karma. And magic as a whole may or may not be something bestowed on people by demons to accelerate the death of the universe
>>
>>44576442
Neither. You'll have to wait for Original Trilogy jump and hope the ship is canonical to the setting you land in.
>>
>>44576282
Just be careful about how much you hold in at any given moment, or you might be press-ganged into subservience by a quasi-sentient demesne embodiment of decay and stagnation powered by the comatose remnants of forgotten gods
>>
>>44576493
>>44576599
Christ this sounds worse than Worm already.

Why do people want this?
>>
>>44576599
I'm most of those things already.
>>
>>44575939
>>44575814
>>44575982
>>44575992

Am I the only one that was in a serious relationship pre-Jump and is sticking with it?

More than one waifu will wreck your laifu.
>>
>>44576615
For the same reasons we have Ravenloft jump, of course: !FUN!

If it's any consolation: None of the Greater Demons, the beings that might just have the same raw firepower on par with the Entities as opposed to really, really disturbing conceptual bullshit, are likely to interfere with you unless you piss off a certain law firm

>>44576633
I'd bring up how it would also want to keep you with it forever as a gatekeeper of sorts and break you into it's minion, but...well, Jump-Chan can rescue you at the end of the 10 years at least

>>44576682
Which site d'you think you're on? Facebook?
>>
Is it intentional that there's so many undiscounted perks in the Xiaolin Showdown jump?
>>
>>44576702
Kind of? Mib's notoriously bad at this sort of thing. Just a bit of poor design.
>>
>>44576702
There's 7 undiscounted perks, that's not a lot at all.
>>
>>44576682
We don't take kindly to your kind here, dweeb.
>>
>>44576702
Mib's jumps are almost universally awful, but believe it or not, that's probably his best one.
>>
>>44576682
There was one other anon who said the same.
>>
>>44576734
>>44576788
Y'all are some hateful people if taking potshots is your first reaction.
>>
>>44576864
Let's get something straight: I've got nothing against mib as a person, mainly because I've hardly ever seen him post. I'm just telling it like it is when it comes to the quality of his writing.
>>
Anyone know what's up with the new jumps in the drive? A brief glance through the two show American Horror Story as Crazy Bitch Anon tier. Nothing quite as glaring with the Attack on Titan jump (though I just speed read through them looking for author or similar). Nothing on SB or its relatives indicating someone created them there, though there wasn't any for Diablo either for a few weeks.
>>
>>44576888
Sorry, which folder are they in? Can't find 'em in the WIP or Complete Without Images folders
>>
>>44576957
Upload new jumps here.
>>
>>44576957
They're in the "upload new jumps here" section.
>>
>>44576888
Crazy Bitch Anon?
>>
File: 1277676448241.jpg (60 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1277676448241.jpg
60 KB, 480x480
>new thread
Oh thank fu-

>Pact jump
>the place where Karma fucks everyone over
>demons are SUPER EVIL
>another Wildbow setting
>mfw
THERE IS NO ESCAPING FROM THIS HELL.

(Senki Zesshou Symphogear)
-Background: Researcher (Free) -Time to look shit up!
-Attuned (Free) -Well we all need to start somewhere.
-The Song of Your Heart (Free) -Oh I can sing without using my mouth now? Oh this is INSANE. EVEN INSTRUMENTS.
-Signature Genre (Metal) (Rolled) -Aha. AHAHAHAHA. THE METAL WILL LIVE ON.
-Calling Card (Free) -Whaaaaaat.
-Heretical Beauty (600CP) -THE ONLY THING HERETICAL HERE IS HOW FUCKING FAB I AM.
-Completely Legitimate Funding (Free) -A bit of bluffing for money? DOSH. GIVE IT TO ME.
-'Geology' (Free) -Along with other looting/archaeology perks, I'm gonna find Relics SO NICELY.
-Heretical Adaptation (500CP) (Discount) -Holy SHIT YES. Evolving Equipment!
-Mundane Application (400CP) (Discount) -Ooooh, Symphogear technology can be used on other energies? I'll think of something for this.
-Pagan Science (100CP) (Discount) -I will learn the Symphogear system. I will understand it.
-Lab Coat (Free) -THE DOCTOR IS IN.
-Implanted Relic (-300CP) -Taking the extra cost to implant Brahmastra within myself. Awwww yiss. And energy-mass converters too!
-Basic Relic (-500CP) -Aaaand I'll buy the Lance of Longinus as well. ENERGY CANNON GO.
-The Tuition is Cheap Here! (-300CP)
-That Goddamn Moon (0CP)
Dice Rolls: 16 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

So I'm broke, I'm Sailor Moon now, everyone's trying to blow up something important, there's girls who are maybe-or-maybe-not lesbians who are ALSO running around, it's dark out half the time and there's songs everywhere.

>Pic related.
>>
>>44577025
My preferred name for a certain infamous tripfag who the thread doesn't like mentioning the name of.
>>
>>44576888
Attack on Titan seems alright, if a bit lacklustre as a jump. The other one already has broken shit in it and I'm not even past drop in.
>>
>>44577067
Mommy?
>>
>>44576698
>>44576753
>>44576836

A simple "yes" would have sufficed. No need for nastiness.

Moving on.

Jumpers! Tell us how you waifu'ed your waifu/s. Was it a big showy romantic gesture, a long build-up over shared adventures, or a wild night/afternoon/spring break of animalistic passionate lewd-making that sparked it?
>>
>>44577132
>having a waifu
>not being content with phenomenal cosmic power

You can't have everything.
>>
>>44577124
Yup. Go with Crazy Bitch Anon because it sums up her accomplishments well, doesn't cause as much trouble as mentioning her directly, and is generally less awkward.
>>
>>44576888
That American Horror Story thing should be kicked off until the author can come and fix it from being half lewd and half broken honestly. The other one seems all right. Bit disappointed at the quality, especially with how shitty the titan section is but eh, better then nothing.
>>
File: considerthefollowing.png (256 KB, 599x387) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.png
256 KB, 599x387
>>44576985
>>44576993
Oh right, confused 'em.

>You're only immortal if you're clever

I laughed.

I could've sworn we used to have a policy where WIP jumps were run through the thread before being uploaded.

I for one propose it's time to reinstate that policy with extra prejudice: Anything uploaded without being run through the thread for critique and consensus gets kicked off.

>>44577124
Yes.
>>
>>44575981
>>Dragonmech
It's a campaign setting for 3.0 D&D that focuses on giant mechs powered by steam, clockwork, magic(in both animated construct and undead monstrosity flavors), and honest-to-goodness manual labor(yes, there's a mech type that's powered by slaves; no, I am not kidding).

Shit is just silly there. Really good for crafting-focused Jumpers.
>>
>>44577185
Gotta agree here. If you don't want to involve the community here, go put the jump on some other forum that won't care, like Spacebattles of Sufficient Velocity or something.
>>
>>44576888
Eh. Besides going a tad too heavy with the American part of the name with some of the drawbacks, needing better formatting and spellchecking and some clarification on how the Drop-In capstone works (it's either literally the best perk in the entire chain or completely worthless once the jump ends), I don't see anything too bad about the jump. Not as good as it could have been, but not bad.

Is there something about the setting I'm missing?
>>
>>44577186
That's retarded.

I love it already.

Do said giant robots have punch-ups with actual dragons?
>>
>>44576888
Did someone try to sneak jumps into the drive again? What the fuck.
>>
>>44577186
and kanons grew 3 sizes that day
>>
>>44577213
I'm personally not a fan of generic jumps as a concept, and well...the problems you listed are kind of symptomatic of why I feel that way. I'm also biased against them because it's hard to quantify feats for what you can use your powers/in-universe things for when the whole thing' made up out of whole cloth and basically the jumpmaker is at liberty to decide whether anything from there would or would not work.

Mind you, I do think it can be done alright like with generic SoL.
>>
>>44577186
A reminder that the Necromancy-related DragonMech is actually a Good Guy.

And is also real fuckin awesome.
>>
>>44577185
Yeaaaaah, you gotta answer criticism and fix things that are broken. There's other places for stuff that don't get so much about balance or quality or common decency but I think having to run jumps by the thread first is a pretty important thing to keeping them better quality in general.
>>
>>44577262
American Horror Story is an actual series. It's a shit series, but it does exist.
>>
>>44577222
They certainly can do that. They also come in all the usual ranges of size-classes(Fine to Colossal), in addition to ten more size-classes: Colossal-II to -V, and City-Mech A to F.

>>44577252
There's also a special type of metal, that comes from the moon, that can be alloyed nearly-universally, doesn't decrease the hardness of metals it's alloyed into, and can absorb the effects of a single potion that's added to it during the alloying process, replicating the effects cheaply and permanently.
>>
>>44577132
We ended up in the same shootout with Tsarists in the outskirts of Moscow, 1917. It turned out she was an Assassin, the folks I occasionally ran errands for (read: killing people), and after we made it out and liked up with the reds, we made a pact to stay in contact. Half the time we spent with each other was in some kind of conflict, but the other half was banter and adventure. By 1918, we were as close as friends could be, and after we helped the Spartacists take Berlin we got utterly trashed in an imperial residence and ended up sleeping together. From there, it snowballed.
>>
>>44577316
>>44577272
Is what that second link said is true?
>>
>>44577289
Or just

>>44577307
Oh, it is? Mea culpa, I take it all back then and I feel silly now.

I guess there's the awkward amount of times sex comes up? I know I'm picking at straws now, but it just comes across as really cringy.

>>44577289
Be nice if we could also finally cut out the rot like with Walkir's trash.
>>
>>44577316
>>44577272
Gon' build that mech up to the sky
Gon' build that mech up to the sky
Someday this baby's gonna fly
>>
>>44577359
Oh no, the series is REALLY cringy. It's pointlessly edgy most of the time and what little good points it has it always throws away for more edge or pointless drama. Not to mention ruining the few good villains it gets within an episode of introducing them.

Got some really sweet opening songs though. So there's that.
>>
>>44576888
Pretty sure our standard is to put them in WIP if on the drive at all if nobody claims they made them.
>>
>>44577332
I am not entirely sure, I haven't delved too deeply into the lore as of yet, but it's certainly possible. I really only got interested enough to make a Jump by looking at the mech creation rules for a game I'm running, because it was what I was most interested in, and that's what most of the people reading the Jump are going to be most interested in

I intend to read through it in-depth before I start making the Jump, though.
>>
>>44577394
Oh build it tall and build it strong,
'cause we'll be there before too long
>>
>>44577413
Oh!

Well, I've never been so thoroughly dissuaded from watching a series by /jc/ since Mahouka was brought up (worse wankery than GATE!) but fair enough.

>>44577430
I thought what samus anon said was what we used to do. It's been ages though
>>
>>44576888
If they don't have the balls to tell us about them then it doesn't belong on the drive.
>>
>>44577496
oh, and apparently they're city mechs, so that works even better!
and then post-spark and you all get to ride the giant robot
>>
>>44576888
...Say. How did the mess with That Woman actually end? Was it just too big a lynching for her to handle, or did she get banned?
>>
Okay, Google fu shows the AHS jump having its origins on a mostly abandoned Jumpchain Reddit. Attack on Titan I'm having no luck with. Mostly because trying to google ""Attack on Titan jump"" just gets me a lot of stuff about the anime.
>>
>>44577555
They were both uploaded by the same person, so if I had to guess that reddit made them both. Anyway, boot 'em.
>>
>>44577555
>Jumpchain subreddit
wait, when did this become a thing?
>>
>>44577567
While ago. Worse then SB or SV in quality.
>>
>>44577555
If the creator can't come to the thread and talk about their jumps I'd say scrap them.
>>
>>44576682
You're not the only one, anon.

Have you bought any presents for her along the way? I think the best I've bought so far has been the Subspace Onsen in Tenchi Muyo jump.
>>
>>44577527
best end
But seriously, Core powered mechs (and any other combat vehicle, really) are a great idea. For a little extra power and production time you have an awesome self repair function and durability boost built in
>>
>>44577651
>I got the correct perks for that
god machine's gettin some upgrades, baby!
>>
>>44575910
>>44576061
Yes, I've got a Dragonmech Jump in the works. I also have several others stacked up.

I'm currently working on the Fighting Foodons Jump, I've got Shaman King on hold if its actually been dropped, there is an update needed for Toriko since that looks like its ending soon and needs errata'd, and I've got a couple other Jumps I've been messing around with like Dreamblade.
>>
>>44576888
>that attack on titan jump
Really REALLY boring and barebones for a jump. Perhaps I should have fleshed out the notes I made and work it into a completed jump.
>>
>>44577743
I'm off to work now though but will check back on this thread when I got home in 10 hours.
>>
>>44577761
Don't worry, it should get kicked because it's some shit reddit jump and the author isn't here to take criticism.
>>
>>44577761
Where dem notes at?
>>
>>44576493

That second spoilery bit... Get the megucas in here, the Incubators need to see this. I mean, shit, I'm actually tempted to pod QB now, just so he can visit this verse.

...Actually, now that I think about it, podding QB just sounds more and more hilarious to me. Anyone else done it?
>>
>>44577785
can we actually wait to see if somebody will claim it before firing shots at people? It's probably the author's first attempt at jumpmaking, judging by the way they've put it together, and hostilities is just going to encourage them to shy away even more
>>
>>44577743
Well, sorry about that. I won't step on your toes, then. I only have two questions:

1. Are you putting in a mech import option that lets you make changes to the mech's composition? Like, say, if I wanted to strip down one of my mechs and make its skeleton and plating from mithril?

2. Is Mensite going to be something I can just buy with CP, and what is your ruling on the effects of using it as an alloying material? It mentions that it can have a potion added to it during the alloying process, but is that potion's effect permanent, use-activated, or what?
>>
>>44577838
If they can't do things right then they can go.
>>
>>44577785
Perhaps we should get in contact with the jump maker and ask for them to come to this thread first. Perhaps offer some suggestions or something.

>>44577804
Right here of course!

I dunno if I should flesh it out further or not as it's far from finished. I kinda only made it because people said it offered nothing new and I was determined to disprove that. This was before all the latest revelations in the manga.
>>
>>44577893
>Right here of course!

>Doesn't post them.

Kingdom Hearts when
>>
File: Attack on Titan WiP.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Attack on Titan WiP.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44577893
>forgot to upload it
fug
>>
>>44577893
are you and THA going to do Kingdom Hearts Chi when it comes out since NA release is in the works?
>>
http://pastebin.com/M2B96jFN

I need to explain this mess. Short version: I somehow got roped into running WGA for my nieces over the hols. As a result, it was on my mind when I got in a somewhat creating mood.

Then I went to the washroom and came back and realized what I was doing.

Do what you will with it.
>>
>>44577901
You do have a pretty good start. If you fleshed it out it could be excellent.
>>
>>44577917
What the hell is Witch Girl adventures?
>>
>>44577901
This honestly has more content and quality in it then the whole of that other jump.
>>
>>44577957
Google would help you out, fruit farmer.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Witch_Girls_Adventures
>>
File: scaredboingo.gif (2 MB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
scaredboingo.gif
2 MB, 500x259
>>44577917
>>44577957
YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW
>>
>>44577957
Okay, I want you to take a fetish porn writer and artist who wants to clean up his act.

He then makes a shitty RPG aimed at tween girls.

The magic system actually has distinct tiers and covers a lot of ground without getting bogged down.

The art littered throughout the book has an obvious shrink and crushing kink though, and I'm amazed my sister in law didn't take a flip through the book and go 'nope nope nope.'
>>
>>44577893
We can't, so out it goes.
>>
>>44577900
pls it's still in the works man. Me and tophats schedules hardly match up.

>>44577912
Maybe? I doubt it. But if it shows up in any capacity in KH 3 we'll gladly include it.

>>44577951
>>44577967
So you want me to finish it? Honestly I was hoping another anon would fill in the rest while I work on another small project. But if you want me to prioritize this one then I'll get right on it.
>>
>>44578004
Isn't that kinda not allowed?
>>
>>44577901
Well you've got a better Titan customization section than the other jump.

But the perk notes match up with what's in the existing one kind've.
>>
>>44577982
5 Across the Heart cannot come soon enough
>>
>>44578037
The actual game and setting isn't meant to be lewd as far as I can tell, it's just that the illustrator vented his kinks in non-sexual situations.
>>
>>44578037
Part of why I went 'oh god what the hell,' in addition to magic even more OP than Harry Potter and everything violently and heavily skewed in favor of Witches.

Maybe the were-whatever stuff is salvageable for someone.
>>
>>44578058
>HP
>OP
Man have you been gone for about a year and a half?
>>
>>44578053
well, that's less Harry Potter and more Sailor Moon, but I think I see where you're coming from
>>
>>44575730
I think it works like a challenge.
Waifu them all or something.
>>
>>44578080
If that's actually you, fix Warframe please.
>>
>>44578057
>>44578058
So it's one of those gray area things. Oh boy, here we go.
>>
>>44578092
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>44577582
i got a couple of philosopher's stones from Harry potter, plus whole shelves in my warehouse are devoted to various books I've collected. my nerdy wife can read forever. I've also amassed a fairly large wardrobe of elegant and tasteful dresses with matching jewelry. mostly, though, the chain itself is the gift, post spark to take her to all these different places and meet her favorite characters.

except in Harry potter. those bridges weren't burned so much as boards from orbit.
>>
>>44578095
Except not really? I mean, from the sounds of it the actual content (which is to say, what will be present in the jump) was made without that in mind.
>>
>>44578102
I believe anon, in his stupidity, rudeness, and impatience, forgot to say exactly what he wanted. Namely, an update to reflect the new content mentioned yesterday.
>>
>>44578111

Incase you missed it the harry potter jump had an upgrade with an option for taking a character from the series and your kids with them in the scenerios section.
>>
>>44578160
no, i saw. was a good thing i didn't take any of them since i had a bit of a breakdown and became a hermit at the end of the triwizard. things were said that I'm sure Harry regrets, and I'd already dealt with voldie so there wasn't a reason for me to stick around.
>>
>>44578111
>>44578160

Never mind misread things and thought you were referring to a character from Harry Potter
>>
>>44578149
I'm only seeing some UI and dialog changes, with some added weapons.
What changes are there that you feel I should add?
>>
File: image.jpg (536 KB, 655x873) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
536 KB, 655x873
>>44578242
The new update gives shit load of new information and abilities to the Tenno. Also explaining their origins as psychic puppets for moon children.
>>
>>44577573
>Worse than SB or SV in quality

That's the worst burn I've heard since "Don't be Tera"

>>44577817
My god. Incubators in Pact. I...I can't tell if they'd have the WORST karma of all non-demons/diabolists, or the BEST.

Given how Pactverse angels are, I imagine they'd get a few sent after them for disrupting the natural order.

>>44578242
Apparently everyone has been Matrix'd all this time and were remote controlling the giant robot bodies all along or something?
>>
>>44578242
Actually nevermind, found a quote that explains the whole thing better

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44506977/#44523237
>>
>>44577817
You should definitely do that. They would probably jump at the chance to check out other universes and figure out ways to play with physics to stop the heat death of the universe from happening.

Or try to steal your Spark.
>>
>>44578260
>>44578271
>>44578260
>>44578293
Oh shit.
I guess so, I'm going to have to do it a bit later though since I'm not on my pc.
>>
>>44578242
There's new frames, new weapons, a SHITTON new lore involving the Lotus making the moon appear again, Warframes are remote piloted suits to channel their Void powers, and Warframes get a FIFTH power slot, There's two new ships... basically a lot of the game has changed. So a lot of it is completely incorrect, especially claiming the Tenno are a result of the Technocyte Virus.
>>
Is this really mib? He's been gone for months and suddenly he magically pops up? What proof is there that this isn't someone else using his name?
>>
>>44578317
I was wondering why there wasn't a moon earlier.
>>
>>44578335
True, he has rarely agreed to ever actually fix the issues in his jumps before. Certainly out of character to do so so easily too.
>>
>>44578335
I can post my unbalanced reborn jump?
>>
>>44577917
>>44578021

This looks interesting and I too wouldn't mind jumping this. I'd rather Kingdom Hearts be fleshed out first, though
>>
>>44578352
Anyone can post that thing.
>>
>>44578352

...pls no, I believe you just don't.

Also you're...really gonna have to explain the whole Orokin tech thing in MUCH, MUCH more detail because as far as I can tell it's hard to actually know what I can do with it beyond "you da bess, senpai"

>>44578348
To be fair he did fix up Xiaolin Shodown. As you can see it's not much of an improvement but it's the thought that counts-and yes, it was worse back in the day.
>>
>>44578335
Did you forget to wrap your tinfoil this morning?
>>
>>44578352
why don't you fix bleach first
>>
>>44578471
While I would like that, I'd rather him wait for it to actually be over before doing anything.
>>
>>44578471
Add Familiar of Zero to that list too. Or at least put them up so someone competent can make them.
>>
>>44578471
What >>44578489 said, at this point fixing Bleach is a bit like trying to empty the ocean with a bucket. There's nowhere to start and nowhere to end.

>>44578499 has my support though, pretty sure that's ended.
>>
>>44578499
what is so bad about FoZ? I don't really know too much about the setting, but other than shit import options, I never thought anything was too off with it. It felt kind of rushed, too, I guess.
>>
>>44578489
just split it into two parts, pre Quincy guys and post Quincy guys. The Quincy guys are all conceptual Gods anyways.
>>
>>44578524
It's got his generally awful quality, like generic perks and noncanon abilities, as well as zero flavour and barely any connection to the setting. It's also wrong on some points and out of date.
>>
>>44578523
Not really. It's not like it's anymore bullshit then Jojo or Toriko or Fate and those are all handled well enough.
>>
Is it in any way possible to be recognized as The Heterodyne in Girl Genius? Do we know what happened to the Other when Bill and Barry went off to kill it yet?
>>
File: 1446178754103.png (94 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1446178754103.png
94 KB, 600x600
>>44578471
I'd wait for bleach to be over before doing that. It's getting pretty ridiculous to say the least.

>>44578242
Re-mib you're back! Good to see yah! You wouldn't mind spending a little bit fixing up some of your jumps? Seems the biggest complaint is Familliar of Zero.

>>44578533
It would be hilarious if Re-mib included a drawback where the jumper became some kind of filler ark with ichigo becoming related to the jumper somehow tying you into some dumb plot with villains equal to you power and everything.

>>44578523
Bleach can be handled. If Fate can so can Bleach. Just have a drawback allowing anons to include the newer post Quincy return arcs like this >>44578533 anon suggested.
>>
>>44578524
>It felt kind of rushed, too

This is the most common complaint of mib's jumps, really. It's more like reading a tax rebate form than, y'know, an immersive piece of writing meant to evoke a work of fiction or at least hype your up for having adventures in it
Also the arbitrary stuff like "you can punch with 19,000 lbs of force" or "you can see exactly two minutes into the future" or the vaguely worded stuff like "you can draw magic from your surroundings to create spells" which doesn't really say much about what you can actualy do with the power.

>>44578575
>>44578604
To be honest all I've heard of Bleach has come from second hand accounts about how someone called Yhwach and someone else called Aizen are double super unbeatable, and that it's a terrible series after a certain arc.
>>
>>44578624
Bleach's bad parts get pretty exaggerated. It's really nothing much compared to stuff like Jojo stands or Fate's more recent BS.
>>
>>44578604
I guess so, I gotta get on my PC that has them to fix it first though.
>>
>>44578650
>Read as: I won't even touch them and will just let them sit like the last time I promised to fix Bleach and the other jumps months ago.
>>
>>44578633
I blame it on the keikaku. When every single damn thing that happens is part of someone's master plan, it gets easy to think that the place is a deathtrap. Go ahead, do whatever you want, you're just doing what the villain wants you to. In actuality it's not that bad, but the Xanatos Gambits only have to happen so often before you start assuming everything is one.
>>
>>44578650
Fix Code Geass.
>>
>>44578662
Bitching at him is unlikely to achieve much.
>>
>>44578662
It's been ages ago, but did he promise? I think he just upped and left for a while.
>>
>>44578683
once you hit the Quincy arc it was really apparent that Kubo didn't care about curbing the power creep and instead wanted to escalate it as much as possible, so now each chapter is waiting for a new super ability to kill the last one.
>>
>>44578499
Hypocrite, FoZ isn't done either. It's starting back up soon.
>>
>>44578719
At least twice he's made promises to fix Bleach, Code Geass etc, though I believe one of those times was in the IRC.
>>
>>44578662
Can you fuck off? What do you contribute except shitting on people?
>>
>>44578728
Oh look at the cutie assuming everyone is the same anon. Never said anything on it being done, just that Mib should let someone competent make the jump.
>>
>>44578756
So you were being an unrepentant asshole and justifying exactly why people avoid this thread these days. Good on you anon, but what people said about Bleach applies here too. There is zero point in it being touched until it's finished. FoZ is starting up again, ergo, not finished.
>>
>>44578721
Eh, a lot of the powers aren't really too insane. It;s mostly Gremmy, Ywach and Monk guy that got the crazy stuff. The rest of the powers aren't too out of line for the series though, if a bit on the strong side.
>>
>>44578772
Wrong, FoZ isn't anything like a shounen like Bleach. It doesn't have massively escalating power levels at every turn and thus there's no reason to wait as the reason for waiting for bleach to end does not apply here.

>people avoid these threads these days
Adorable, what false fact will you pull out of your ass next?
>>
>>44578736
Huh.

>>44578721
I have to know: Exactly how bad is it at this point? Are there planetbusters? Are there people who can eat all souls forever?

>>44578772
Not him, but I did not know that and in that case I'll take back what I said in >>44578523 re: FoZ.

It does boggle my mind FoZ's still going though-but hey, so's Dragonball Super so I dunno anymore.
>>
>>44578808
Yeah I bet Wakfu thought the same thing about fucking Ninjago.

You're pretty much setting yourself up for trap either to be a dick, or because you're impatient like a child. Either way, trying to update things that are still continuing is useless.

>False fact
You head this kind of talk all the time. None of the big names even post here often either. It's pretty obvious, even if you hide your head in the sand.
>>
>>44578823
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Gerard_Valkyrie
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Askin_Nakk_Le_Vaar

these two are the current quincies that are fighting. You can read their abilities and see how bad you think of it yourself.
>>
>>44578851
And if we never did jumps unless they were completed series we would lose about a third of what we have. Either way, there's no indication that the series will turn out like that so all you're doing is fearmongering to get your way.

You still haven't given any proof and just lie some more, considering that most of the namefags still post here, especially whenever a new jump is posted. Just more attempts to cause fear and panic from you. Sad.
>>
>>44578851
>Trying to update things that are continuing is useless
>Resident Evil
>Macross
Yeaaaaah, no.
>>
>>44578893
>There's no indication.
Famous last words here. You're throwing out reasonable caution and I struggle to see what your motive is other than that the jump offends you somehow by existing. In which case, you need to prioritize your life better.

>most of the namefags still post here,
Notice how I said less often. Unless you don't remember the livelier days, this place is practically empty.

>>44578916
>Different games in a franchise
>Different series in a franchise
Not the same as a single series.
>>
File: 1393819829803.png (598 KB, 653x469) Image search: [Google]
1393819829803.png
598 KB, 653x469
>>44578916
>>
>>44578930
>Reasonable caution
You're insane caution would see us put many of the currently WIP jumps on hold for potentially years out of baseless paranoia.

Again, proofless.
>>
>>44578877
Well, it's nowhere near as bad as I thought-

>gerard is the Soul King's heart
>gerard is working for the guy who killed the Soul King

...what.
>>
>>44578959
What's your motive anon? Why does it have to happen right this minute for you to be happy?

>Again, proofless.
I mean, you can go to the other thread right now and see 'em bitching about you if you want. That's your direct proof that people don't like this place because of your kind.
>>
>>44578893
if he's going by that we used to have a good couple dozen namefags then he might have a point.
>>
>>44578954
You don't need to comment, but you're jumps are proof he's wrong.

>>44578930
Stop moving the goalposts. Both of the examples are of series that are still continuing and the continuations are not totally separate from the previous games/shows. If they were of AU's then you might have some credence, but they are not so all you are doing is screaming that they are invalid because they don't support your view.
>>
>>44578976
Ignoring the point I see. Doesn't have to happen this minute, but neither should it be indefinitely on hold, considering the LN has at least 2 volumes left with no date given on the second one.

Wow, you're honestly using the CYOA general as proof? Not even a point talking to you about it if you're that unaware of the history there.
>>
>>44578851
>Ninjago
>ghosts
>multiverse
>books of magic
>speed is an element

The poor fool.
>>
>>44579039
Everything else sounds like normal magic stuff but-

>speed is an element

HOW
>>
>>44578987
We still have them. You gotta realise that lots of namefags just post anonymously these days. Easier to do that then deal with people sticking shit to their names.
>>
>>44578966
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Pernida_Parnkgjas
>>
>>44579026
It's hyperbole to claim it's 'indefinite' just because it's not happening this month.

>You're honestly using CYOA general as proof?
Where else are people who like CYOAs but dislike you going to post? Don't dismiss evidence so swiftly just because you have a superiority complex.

>>44579052
Where's your proof, my evidence loving friend?
>>
>>44579051
Not just Speed, either.

>Gravity
>Mind
>Sound
>Form
>Poison
>Shadow
>Smoke
>Amber (a.k.a. copy other elemental powers by touching people and being the daughter of the BBEG of that season)

Also apparently there are monks who write people's destinies?
>>
File: 1428042378761.png (1 MB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
1428042378761.png
1 MB, 1280x1440
>>44579039
>>44579051
>Speed is an element

Does an infinite amount of Sonics come out if you open a plane of infinite speed?

I'm honestly confused like what
>>
>>44579068
The date for the 21st volume is next month. There's no indication that the 22nd has even been written nor any given date on when it might be, thus 'indefinite' as there is no given date.

CYOA general despises anything that gains popularity and exiles it to a general thread of it's own. Power Armour, magical realm, jumpchain etc. They've got an even worse reputation then these threads for spewing bile at anyone different then them or even just at each other. If you honestly take their opinion of something like that as valid you're an idiot.
>>
File: Smug Flash.jpg (51 KB, 445x622) Image search: [Google]
Smug Flash.jpg
51 KB, 445x622
>>44579092
Nope, but an infinite amount of Flashes does.
>>
>>44579111
>If you honestly take their opinion of something like that as valid
So basically you created an impossible proof here. I need evidence to prove that your attitude drives people away, but outside of mentioning the known ones who did so publicly, I only have one place where people who got driven away would go. The general. Yet you dismiss anyone from there because they are 'biased'. You have to understand how biased and dishonest your own arguments are anon.
>>
>>44579082
How does one even acquire a bunch of Form as an element? It has to be either the most common or rarest of all. And Amber just sounds like an excuse to right mary sue powers.

>>44579092
If so, I don't want to think about what the Shadow plane is full of
>>
>>44579142
Great to see you can't answer the first point or even admit you're wrong.

General has hated Jumpchain since the very start, so yes, it is impossible to use that as proof as all you are doing is pointing out that a group that has disliked JC since the beginning continues to do so. Just because your 'proof' is shoddy and worthless doesn't make me dishonest to call you on it.

Not even mentioning that just because people are driven from JC does not mean they will go to the general, dunno why you keep assuming that.
>>
>>44579142
Not him, but I was staying out of this argument until now because I really, really wish it'd end, but I feel obliged to point out you don't have to go out of your way to do that: JoJo and SoLanon
>>
>>44579143
>Form
Was just shapeshifting into people.

>Amber
>mary sue powers
BASICALLY. AND THEN HER DAD USED HER POWER TO FUEL HIS SPELL TO TURN HIS FOLLOWERS INTO ANACONDRAI.

Also apparently he was the one who trained Garmadon.
>>
>>44579191
Those are who I meant by the ones who did so publicly. I'm assuming he's already aware of them and already intentionally ignoring those lessons, so no point in bringing them back up.

>>44579189
No, immediately dismissing anyone from a certain group you dislike makes you biased, and attacking the only legitimate avenue of proof simply because of your bias is dishonest. You're not arguing in good faith.
>>
>>44579194
Runs in the family, I guess. I take it her dad's super special snowflake power is Snakes or something like that?
>>
>>44579142
we've driven away plenty of people who have just left completely. Jojo and Lycoris have moved on to better things, and others as well for different reasons.
>>
>>44579227
Nah, he's just a literal wizard/warlock/whatever who wields some kinda dark magic through various rituals.

Also runs the world's biggest restaurant chain until his defeat and is the reason behind the human-Serpentine war in the first place.

He's like a pathetic LEGO Quilby, kinda.
>>
>>44579224
You seem determined to ignore evidence and the history between the threads already presented, so there's not much point continuing this. Go wallow in your miserable view of this thread I suppose. I'm sure it makes you very happy to hate yourself and everyone around you here.
>>
>>44579287
Canned responses are always funny. Might as well be trolling for all the thought put into them.
>>
File: weiss ayyy.gif (793 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
weiss ayyy.gif
793 KB, 250x250
Alright, did what I said I'd do and delayed my trip to RWBY by one jump. Got everything all planned out. Just one last question.

What exactly am I gonna tell Qrow when he sees me holding a very angry small animal next to three knocked-out bodies?
>>
>>44579477
"You're not drunk enough to deal with this."
>>
>>44579477
>>44579499

"I have some booze you are going to LOVE!"
>>
>>44577132
I was something of a helpful outsider for the first two years or so of Gargoyles. A mystery helping out and using meta-knowledge to compete with Xanatos and take the Eye of Odin and Grimorum for myself. It helped to have my companions all be other surviving members of the clan. Most storylines still somehow play out parallel enough that nothing goes off the rails. The whole time I'm flirting with Lexington, because I can't help but flirt sometimes. It's fun, being the mysterious helpful Gargoyle, teasing a cutie, but it can't last. Eventually the Archmage gets his hands on the Grimorum and Eye with the help of the Wyrd Sisters, and things play out from there. So, I decide to collapse the arrangement in the funnest way possible during The World Tour arc. It's during the plot of the Green I take the Sun thing that powers the amulets while Lexington and Broadway are fighting the Incestuous Cyborgs for it. I laid out a mystery that could lead them to my lair if they were smart and insightful, and the Trio latched on while my companions patrolled the city.

It was a fun little ride, giving them a few bases to go through, watching them figure things out. Not just about me, but about where I came from as a Drop-In Gargoyle. I seeded the path with artifacts from other worlds, pokeballs, my digivice, the master's scroll from Avatar. I even outed my companions along the way, who rather nonchalantly explained everything about jumping, even that the discoveries they'd made about me were my way of teaching them about things. Because letting them uncover things is honestly going to be more believable than telling the truth, and it's going to be more fun. Then, when they got to my final hidden base, and Lexington asked what was with the games, I told him he needed to know the truth if I was going to ask him out. He looked confused, upset, intrigued all at once. I gave him a few days and things flowed from there.

Self-insert fanfiction is really fun and embarrassing.
>>
>>44579477
"This is Boo. War is his art, and battle is his wine. He was born to destroy, so he simply does."
>>
>>44576518
Did someone decide to make that? I remember there was talk about it but don't know what the end result was.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (33 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
33 KB, 1280x720
People who know SOMA:
>Friendly Robot+ AI Companion: Engineer Imogen Reed
>They will be more agreeable if you complete a side objective for them.
Went back through my notes and noticed I hadn't written anything about Imogen's side quest. Anyone down with the lore have a good side quest to complete?
Right now I've got "delete any spare copies of Reed's brainscan from PATHOS-II computers before the WAU gets them" since she wasn't keen on the whole ARK project and probably wants them out of WAU's reach.
Acceptable, or is there something she might want more than that?
>>
>>44579848
myrmidont, any advice on how to romance the WAU?
>>
File: he the holy arceus.jpg (137 KB, 456x750) Image search: [Google]
he the holy arceus.jpg
137 KB, 456x750
Jumpers, do you have Faith?
>>
>>44579893
>Favored Soul in OOTS

Yes.
>>
>>44579893
Certainly not
>>
>>44579893
That a number of my companions will wreck shit if given half an opportunity.
>>
>>44579893
Why is Lucario on there, and why isn't Rayquaza? Kygore and Groudon are there, even Deoxys is there, but not the 'mon that smacked all of 'em down?
>>
>>44579928
And why is Entei on there twice?
>>
>>44579928
Zoroark's up there as well, and that fuck ain't no legendary.
>>
>>44579893
Technically I've gone priestess/cleric/etc. a few times and picked up holy/faith powers. Even went Sister of Battle. Yet funny enough, I'm not the type to devote myself to deities. I feel it to be a bit odd to devote oneself to gods when you are one. I'm sure a few of the ones from my backgrounds have been a bit miffed about this, but that's just how it is.
>>
>>44579893
No.
I have knowledge, Jumpchan is real, as are most creatures I meet. These are settings I can know, and what I can't know isn't relevant.
I have trust, if not that my companions will do the right thing than in that they will do as they think is right. That's a good thing to have and to understand.
I have cake. It's really good, lemony.
>>
>>44579928
I think its based on movies, once you get below Arceus and his kids. Only thing I can think of that'd cover why Entei shows up twice.
>>
If Warframe is getting an update could the exact effect of purchasing extra elements or powers as a Warframe get expanded upon? Do you use all your elements in all of your powers? Can you pick and choose? Does buying multiple powers give you separate abilities or combine them all into one (which is sort of indicated by saying it’ll cost more energy)?

A bit of elaboration on 'energy' could be nice too: just explaining 'you have enough energy to use example power X times and recover energy Y fast'. It doesn’t actually need to use hard numbers, just saying you can use your first power a dozen times or your final power once before running low on energy would be enough. This could also expand the 'you have more power' perk to say just how much you actually have so we have some idea of what we can do. Might also be an idea to show how you can increase your energy limit in jump, if you can at all.
>>
>>44580002
Movies would cover Arceus and the other 'gods' as well. I think you're right.
>>
File: that's a big cupcake.png (26 KB, 540x366) Image search: [Google]
that's a big cupcake.png
26 KB, 540x366
>>44579984
Lemon is delicious.
>>
Gunnm what is "Peak Human"?
>>
File: WAU_Core.jpg (50 KB, 670x385) Image search: [Google]
WAU_Core.jpg
50 KB, 670x385
>>44579886
The WAU is always said to not have a personality of its own, it's just a dumb, but creatively dumb, program. So you'd have to somehow give it feelings and stuff without using out-of-jump perks or powers.

Honestly, I dunno. The problem is you can't bring it out of the jump, because it's a gauntlet - can't stick it in the warehouse, no option to buy as companion or equipment etc.

If I HAD to bend all the rules to do it, I'd jump Generic Dungeon Crawl for the McGuffin before I jumped SOMA, then use the "How Did I - Where Did I Get A Flashlight?" purchase to import it.
Do NOT shave the 50cp off the import cost. Do NOT take the 500cp "They're not us!" drawback.
Take the Friendly Robot pet/companion option.
Then ask the McGuffin to turn into "something that puts the WAU into my robot".
MAYBE, that would let you take the WAU out of the jump.

Then maybe with your full powers in subsequent jumps you can give it the ability to love you with its toothy, toothy maw.
>>
>>44580083
Maximum human potential, basically the idea of peak human is someone who could place first or second in literally every Olympic event.
>>
Has anyone had their companions find their media in other worlds? What happened when they learned the way things were going to go?

Or do you get around that entirely by having media in other worlds be similar, but different to our own?
>>
>>44580111
Explained internally by omniversal drift - universes with significant similarities are close enough together that they can affect one another. Even if the only noticeable effect is that spontaneous inspiration based on the other world. Sorta like how we get bounced from one world to the next, ideas sometimes do as well. Maybe its intended, maybe its a glitch in the system, or something else. It happens and we're pretty much the only ones who'll ever know we encounter so that's about as good as an explanation as we'll get.
>>
>>44580123
So would it be fair to take Captain America as example? Benchpress 1,200lbs raw (record is 739, with a bench shirt which is designed to constrict your mucles allowing eaiser lifting the record is 1,102lbs. Which for the record seems to be Capt's workout weight as seen in comics where he was working out with 1,100lbs and having conversation).
>>
>>44580237
Cap is superhuman, not peak human.
>>
>>44580237
See >>44580239, Batman would be a better standard for physical fitness
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 640x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 640x236
>>44580239
Then what about Batman? He reguarly bench presses 1,000lbs as his workout routine.
>>
>>44580237
No, that is not a fair example.

The standard for peak human is pretty much someone who can sprint 20-25mph for short distances, run a four minute mile, jog a marathon over the course of a day, and compete as an equal in the Mr. Universe contest.

In short, take the standards of every Olympic gold medal winner and mix them together with only the best parts. THAT is human peak.
>>
>>44580237
More like you could bench the record but you can't assume peak human goes above it. Using any comic book character as a basis is going to be off due to them being both inconsistent and inaccurate to reality.
>>
>>44580274
That's ... surprisingly not wrong, assuming he's using equipment to help. Current world record for that is an even 500 kilos, or 1102 pounds. Without a bench shirt, the record is 739 pounds.
>>
>>44580274
Is it just me, or does the punching bag have an angry face?
>>
>>44579848
As the person who wrote the jump, that's the kind of thing she might want. If you want to add something extra, she could go further and say she wants to somehow take the geothermal plant offline forever since that was her last act as a living person, or she could want you to somehow increase the comfort of her AI body because of the implied problem with her brainscan. Apparently she had a seizure in the chair. If you're already deleting her scans though, she's not going to ask for anything big. She could even want you to find Catherine's body and give it a symbolic burial. It was implied she was her only real friend in the station. The side missions aren't going to be super hard unless you pick Catherine/Ross though.

>>44579886
The WAU was created as a kind of administrator to keep pathos II running, with the secret goal of preserving humanity. It eventually became aware of the world and its own existence, and pretty soon after that things went downhill. Based on that, I'm not really sure the WAU is romanceable at all unless it was either programmed to feel emotions (which would have been unnecessary and maybe impossible) or developed them along with self awareness. If it IS possible, your best bet would be something like this.

>take that as your goal that you interpret in an insane way, because that's supposed to make you think like the WAU. You'll be able to connect
>take you are smart for raw intelligence/background knowledge and measuring the marigolds for quickly picking up the unknowns
>romance the WAU, possibly through an alien method like modifying the poison structure gel to encode a preference for you over all other humans instead of a virus, which you would define as "marriage" because of the drawback
>keep Ross from killing both of you
>enjoy your ai waifu
Alternatively, just get the flash drive and create a functionally identical WAU you can romance with perfect communication perks. SOMA is all about copies anyway.
>>
>>44580091
This is completely reasonable and would work. You could also take the Flash Drive equipment and build your own identical WAU in the warehouse. The WAU is implied to be slightly more than just a program though. It's said to be self aware at least, so that counts for something. It's a poor, misguided, self-aware algorithm that only wants to help humanity.

The AI does not hate you, was torn apart by the apocalypse ravaging the thing it was supposed to protect, and could really use a hug right now. Definite romance material.
>>
>>44580297
The picture shows him with 500lbs plates. He's shirtless too.
>>
>>44580310
Oh god you're right. It's the Bat-Bag, scourge to all bodybuilder-based crime.
>>
>>44576682
>More than one waifu will wreck your laifu.
Monogamist propaganda.
>>
>>44580412
Then that's obviously beyond peak human, because Batman is a comic book character. It's a guideline, not a hard rule, no?
>>
Hey, about companions and jumping... When you guys are about to jump to the next verse, how do you decide which companions come with you? Do you give them a say in which worlds to go to? Do you say "this is where we're going, who's in?" and see the results?

For that matter, is it stated how much time you get between jumps? Is it instant, or do you get some time to chill with your companions and plan?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.