[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Modern General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: Amulet of Vigor.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Amulet of Vigor.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
"Blood Moon and Amulet of Vigor are getting banned" Edition

SCG Open Cincinnati Top 8:
>Amulet Bloom
>Kiki-Chord
>UR Twin
>Naya Company
>Tron
>Affinity
>Affinity
>Amulet Bloom
>>
That Kiki deck was fun to watch
Surprised to see Naya Company so high and so few twin decks
Also surprised to see no Jund and that Infect was so low
I doubt Bloom will get banned this time around but it might in the future
>>
PT confirmed 40% Bloom meta if it isn't banned
>>
>>44556109
Jeff Hoogland is a fucking faggot and I just want to punch him in the face whenever they feature him in the sideboard autistically gushing about whatever bad deck he's playing
>>
>>44556109
>Surprised to see Naya Company so high
Naya Company has great game against Tron, Affinity and Twin. It's actually pretty good in the current meta.
>and so few twin decks
The sideboards were ultra violent against Twin. People were preparing for Twin and Tron.
>Also surprised to see no Jund
Literally Tron: the format. Can't go 12-3 without running into Tron at least once or twice. Jund didn't even Top 32 (although Abzan made it to Top 16).
>and that Infect was so low
Turns out you can't entirely bank on a guaranteed Tron matchup to Top 8. You still have to fight the rest. Also mainboard Spellskite is rude and present in so many decks.
>I doubt Bloom will get banned this time around but it might in the future
It's over.
>>
Reminder that Goryo's gifts ungiven is a sleeper deck and the best in the format currently.
>>
>>44556065
I wanted tron to get into the top 4 but that fulminator recursion on was fuckin brutal. We'll played kiki chord.
>>
>>44556181
Sounds spicy. List?
>>
>>44556190
Basically a gifts ungiven list with some meta cuts to make room for 3 goryo's vengance, 2 jace, 2 Ghost Dad (the one that drains 2 life), and an Emrakul.

Jace and Ghost dad both survive Goryo's vengeance. Emrakul doesn't, but leaves his mark anyways, with 6 annihlator,
>>
File: received_10156164577275151.jpg (72 KB, 1024x447) Image search: [Google]
received_10156164577275151.jpg
72 KB, 1024x447
>>44556190
Here's a list I saw that looked pretty good
>>
>>44556268
>>44556181
its shit
>>
>>44556065
Someone give me sauce on this banlist "leak"
sounds pretty made up to me.
>>
>>44556422
And risk being banned for leaking info?! Nice try maro ;)
>>
>>44556422
Why would they ban both?
>>
>>44556445
I wish I was Maro. If I were I would release an Unset with nothing but Steamflogger Bosses in it. Write a 4000 page article about why I designed it as the "perfect" set for my send off. Then quit Wizards and shitpost about all the other designers on /tg/
>>
>>44556460
Amulet I don't agree with but blood moon is a card that only allows r/x/x to exist, or at least incredibly hinders all the rest. Sultai, bant, abzan are not held back on the same level as Grixis, jeskai and jund. For a card that is supposed to punish greedy mana bases it doesn't do that (sees play with 3 colour sideboards time to time) and makes red an over represented colour in the modern meta
>>
File: Q4lfO1k.png (821 KB, 1024x550) Image search: [Google]
Q4lfO1k.png
821 KB, 1024x550
>>44556109
Yeah I'm defs building Kiki-Chord. Looks like tons of fun.
>>
>>44556525
then why does siding it against grixis and jund work well you fucking moron?
>>
>>44556065
Ban bloom pls.
>>
>>44556065
>Kiki-Chord
I tried a version last Friday.

No Pontiff or EE, so I lost to tokens in the last round. Last two games were close, at least.
>>
File: CX2B6SeWQAARrDL.png (78 KB, 358x500) Image search: [Google]
CX2B6SeWQAARrDL.png
78 KB, 358x500
Reposting for those that missed it.
Uncounterable counterspell.
Surge UU
>>
>>44556673
Might SB one in Scapeshift.
>>
>>44556649
Easy on the salt f-a-m, I never said it wasn't good against jund or Grixis, however those decks are hurt less by blood moon than the other tri colours. Drop blood moon against sultai and a lot of their cards are not dead, but jund could still play bolts.
>>
At this point, if one part of Amulet Bloom doesn't get banned there won't be any reason to not run it other than requiring a ton of practice to learn the lines of play available to you.

I'm expecting Summer Bloom to get banned but not Amulet. Amulet (generally speaking) lets the deck work, but Bloom is the card that lets it win on turn 2 or turn 3. They had another Bloom player on camera in like round 13 or so who just completely blasted his opponent on turn 3 or 4.

And the Kiki-Chord deck is a solid tier 2 deck, it just requires a lot of time with it to learn the lines of play and you need to have your finger on the pulse of the Modern meta to make the necessary tweaks to the sideboard and main deck.

Jeff said on his twitter his only losses were to BBD with Twin (which probably favors Twin but not by much, mostly a skill intensive match I feel) and the same Bloom player he lost to in the finals (they met up in like round 5 or 6 and just got blown out).
>>
>>44556761
Oh, and I'm really hoping that SFM gets unbanned, especially cause it's the promo card for the first few months of this year's GPs.
>>
>>44556673
so it's basically a 3+ mana counterflux

pretty much only good in actual counter wars, or very late game.
>>
>>44556761
>spell snare summer bloom
>aint got shit to back it up
>do nothing for 5 turns but top deck lands and lose
sometimes amulet feels like a rape train and sometimes it feels like downs syndrome.
>>
>>44556761
i agree summer bloom will probably be the target of banning if anything.
>>
>>44556787
Specifically, it's better as an offensive counterspell than a defensive one.
>>
>>44556732
Sultai is fun but its not even teir 2 and while jund could still play bolts thats almost nothing when the core of the deck is GB and it shuts them out. I play blood moon in the side of RUG delver and it just gives me free wins, absolutely unfair homie.
>>
>>44556812
any counterspell that "cannot be countered" is better as a defensive counterspell, as you target their actual card you want gone and they cannot stop it.

if you counter a counter that they play, they can just let it resolve-- then counter your spell again.

at least that is how i've always seen it, i understand what you meant with the surge mechanic and it being better offensively, but the "cannot be countered" is kind of misplaced that way.
>>
Will blood moon be worth nothing if its banned?
>>
>>44556848
I guess I was thinking "offensive" as in "I want to counter the thing you're trying to resolve."

I suppose that IS 'defensive.'
>>
>>44556859
It'll be worth a lot less than it is now but it won't be worthless because of price memory.
>>
>>44556859
it won't be banned, it's one of the few cards that keeps tron/amulet/greedy manabases in check.

doesn't make sense to ban a card primarily used to stop other strategies.
>>
>>44556525
White and green both have enough enchantment hate to get over moon real quick. Just run more fetches and basics.
>>
>>44556859
its still used in legacy sometimes.
>>
>>44556809
For a moment, lets look at the things worth Spell Snaring in the decks of the top 8 of the most recent SCG (the one that finished up a few hours ago).

> Summer Bloom
> Goyf
> Arcbound Ravager
> Steel Overseer
> Remand
> EE on 2
> Snapcaster Mage

Other noteworthy cards (from my memory of commonly played 2 cmc cards in Modern):

> Dark Confidant (aka Bob)
> Spellskite
> Mana Leak
> Negate
> Young Pyromancer
> Eidolon of the Great Revel
> Lightning Helix

Not saying you're wrong, but it's a pretty narrow card in my opinion, especially one to have main deck.
>>
>>44556865
i can see it going either way, and now i'm kinda confused by the whole thing.
>>
>>44556888
>cranial plating
>>
>>44556787
its also mono-blue
>>
Guys, what if... Amulet Twin?
>>
>>44556163
It was real funny when he made a big deal about deleting his reddit account bc some other dude made one with the user name "Jeff boo-hoogland"
>>
>>44556909
I knew I was forgetting something else out of Affinity.
>>
>>44556888

the main reason to include it in your list is because it completely hoses those cards, people don't usually play around spell snare.
>>
File: dynamite.gif (1 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
dynamite.gif
1 MB, 500x375
>>44556917
>>
>>44556888
>Spell snare
>Narrow

Shits the best fucking counter in Modern right now.

Look at everything that you mentioned and think of how important it is in their respective decks.
>>
>>44556888
ah well, my point wasn't "fuck spell snare" as much as my experience playing amulet leaves me thinking amulet just blows its load and unless you have some lucky draws you're just dead on the board. in the last round of the open amulet whiffed for several turns and nearly lost until he top decked titan and exploded. if he had drawn another land it probably would have been gg move to round 3 right there

at least, I never seem to get the same consistency the people on the streams were pulling.
>>
File: fourth ability.jpg (108 KB, 444x620) Image search: [Google]
fourth ability.jpg
108 KB, 444x620
>>44556268
>gifting Emrakul

So none of you actually read cards, huh?
>>
>>44557019

i think its goryo's vengeance for emrakul, no extra turn but annihilator 6 is good enough

thats not my opinion im just trying to interpret the guy you responded to
>>
>>44557019
I assumed he meant gifting & using goryo's on emrakul was just if you hit 6 mana to wrap the game up. still shit.
>>
>>44557019
Shuffle trigger on the stack, respond with Goryo's.
>>
>>44557019
>fourth ability
>not just saying last ability
if people are starting to think you can use goryo's on this, you need to be more clear
>>
>>44557019
Do you mean the shuffle trigger or the protection part?
>>
>>44557109
Shuffle, but you can respond with goryo's vengeance and wipe their board + hit for 15.

Better just to do it turn 2 or 3 with a looting + vengeance though.
>>
>>44556268
The list doesn't play Emrakul at all.
The targets are 4 Jace and 2 Ghost Dad
>>
>>44556761
No, ancient stirrings will be banned
It nerfs tron and Bloom, but doesnt destroy them
Its like banning pod or cruise. It doesnt annihilate decks, just forces you to play them differently
>>
Thinking about trying out CoCo Merfolk. Having some issues thinking of what to drop though. Master of Waves always seems like the card I want to drop the most but not sure.
>>
>>44557889
Why not just play Aether vial?
>>
>>44557889
Vial is better, too many people run pierce/dispel and the card itself is weaker than Vial
>>
File: 1450719256835.jpg (49 KB, 862x582) Image search: [Google]
1450719256835.jpg
49 KB, 862x582
>>44556811
>>44556761
A SB ban would kill the deck, you idiots.
>>
>>44558053
Good.
>>
>>44557838
The list that won the open actually had no copies of stirrings. That would have nearly no efect on bloom while considerably nerfing tron.
>>
>>44558053
No more than seething song ban killed storm. It will still be a deck but just quietly slip away into mediocrity.
>>
>>44558387
>mediocrity
Without SB it'd be complete garbage and be played less than Eggs is now.
>>
>>44558365
It would also nerf Lantern Control, which Wizards may or may not have an interest in doing, not because it's too good, but because it's the type of deck that they don't like to have show up on tournament streams.
>>
>>44556183
For real son. Did Ali even bring the relics in? I guess pithing needle also could have provided some reprieve from that heinous ass kicking.
>>
>>44558415

Why don't they like that? (I'm not familiar with it at all)
>>
>>44558524
it's the most boring fucking unexeciting garbage you can put on a stream. nobody likes watching it that horseshit. especailly the half sadistic shit fucks that decide to win by either forcing concession or milling opponent out instead of academy ruins + pyrite spellbomb to wrap things up. I watched a fucking nigger on stream today with both of those cards in play on MTGO just mill the opponent out and never even bother going for the direct kill because it's "funny i bet ther so mad xD lol"
>>
>>44558543

I say, as long as the deck is not that good.. let the nigger be a friendless faggot, and just get crushed when they play against good decks.

If it actually is good and is horrendus to watch and play against, they should ban the shit out of it. Like they did with Eggs
>>
>>44558658

Eggs wasn't banned because it was unfun to watch or play against. Eggs was banned because the stupid extra turns rules combined with literal 15-20 minute turns meant that games that went to time would be in the legal space and would still throw the entire schedule off.
>>
>>44558658
Archetypes shouldn't be banned because you find them unfun. You're cancer for the game, please leave for Hearthstone.
>>
>>44558524
Because tournament streams is one of the major avenues to get people excited about getting into competitive Magic. Lantern Control is a lockdown deck which means that most of the time that it shows up on the stream nothing exciting will happen as neither player will do much at all; the Lantern player will most likely just thoughtfully tap his artifacts to mill cards from the top of each palyer's library to make sure that his opponent can't ever play anything and so that he always draws more lock pieces, while the opponent won't even be able to attack because of the Ensnaring Bridges on the other side of the table. Even worse, it's not a complete lock, Lantern Control can only ever set up a soft lock which the opponent technically can get out of meaning that he doesn't really have a reason to concede in most cases.

>If it actually is good
It is very resilient, but it also has a terrible matchup against Burn which is very popular at the moment which is why it's not seen much.
>>
>>44558696

Person who isn't familiar with this again:

What did eggs do/what got it banned?

I'm very new to non-casual magic even if I've been playing for years at this point.
>>
>>44558810
Had you ever watched an Eggs player jerk themselves off for ten or twenty minutes at a go until you went to time, you'd be singing a different tune.
>>
>>44558827
Search you tube for cifka and eggs. See for yourself.
>>
>>44558827

games would often go to rounds if you played against someone piloting eggs. the most infamous of this happening was when Kibler had a judge sit in for him while he went to take a shit while an eggs player was "going off" for 20 minutes.
>>
>>44558853
Kibler went to remove his bad-dragon.com dildo filled with coke to take a quickie hit.
>>
File: image.jpg (188 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188 KB, 640x1136
Amulet Bloom isn't getting banned.

The main problem with the deck isn't the deck itself, it is opponents of the deck not knowing how to beat it.

In the finals of the SCG Open, Bloom was on the third Titan in play with 3 pacts to pay for next upkeep. Hoogland conceded to a 10/6 double striking hasty Titan even though he had Wall of Omens in play and was at 18. That was a hasty concession IMO. Hoogland had some monster draws on the top of his deck potentially.

If I'm in Hoogland's seat, I at least jump in front of the Titan with the wall, go to 2, Hope to peel some action, and see how my opponent manages to pay for 3 pacts AND continue pressuring with a Titan that has more than 6 power. I think he had a Resto in play or something so even a Kitchen Finks or Chord off the top is huge. Then your Bloom opponent is drawing much thinner than you think.

Tl;dr would not have conceded so soon if I'm Hoogland in that spot; there's still Magic to be played and mistakes to be made by the Bloom player. Shattering Spree / Vandalblast / Shatterstorm plus Blood Moon are game over.

If I had to bet I'd say no banning a happen. If the pros can't figure out how to hose the absolute living fuck out of Bloom then they deserve to get wrecked.
>>
>>44558910
>The main problem with the deck isn't the deck itself, it is opponents of the deck not knowing how to beat it.
Though the average player at a tournament is fairly inexperience or stupid and even considering that pros or people in the Top 8 make mistakes, I think it is grossly unfair to say that players are so incompetent to not know how to play against a deck that's been creeping around for like 6 months.

You'd have to be a moron to know know how to play against a deck like Bloom. Knowledge comes with practice and preparation. Sure, some people are lazy shits who don't practice but fuck them, you're not concerned with their feelings when it comes to banning a card/deck.

The pros can't figure out how to beat the deck because the deck is fucking horseshit. Hosing the deck with a must-have card like Inquisitions, countermagic, or Path to Exile is a shitty situation. It's like saying that the only way to beat the burn deck is to pray you have a Leyline in your opener from the board - it's a ludicrous counter strategy to simply pray you got it. Most deck counter strategies give you a bit of time to find the hate-card you've boarded in or have in your main deck. In the case of deck like Burn and Bloom you either have it or fucking die. Nobody wants to have the game reduced to a binary outcome like "having it or not". THAT is why people are calling to kill the deck.
>>
File: file.png (23 KB, 336x331) Image search: [Google]
file.png
23 KB, 336x331
Post perfect metagames
>>
Any of the esper control anons test out or have opinions on Ashiok or Wall of Omens?
>>
so this isn't really modern discussion but i didn't want to start a thread for it

I recently picked up a job doing an unsanctioned FNM at a local hobby chain store. we have 4-5 regulars. occasional new comers show up but don't come back very often

Any advice at all on how I should advertise to get a bigger turn out or what I could do to keep people who do show up interested?

the regulars mostly play commander. we also do modern when someone asks because most of us have modern decks. I think one of the problems is people come expecting a tournament environment but it's just sit and play or talk and make trades
>>
>>44559239
Wall of Omens pushes you into a Resto Angel UW flicker strategy. It doesn't do enough on it's own to warrant playing in Draw-Go.

There are enough creatureless decks in Modern that Ashiok is a debatable maindeck inclusion, and in the sideboard I can't think of any decks she really hoses. Ashiok can be a pain for control and midrange strategies, but we have better tools for that. Creatures like Blood Baron and Baneslayer Angel have lifelink (for Burn) and stabilize the board right when they resolve, while Teferi makes control/blue mirrors incredibly one sided.
>>
>>44559667
>she
>>
>>44559693
I guess technically it's an it, but the name and art feel slightly feminine, so I went with she.
>>
>>44559239
i once beat abzan combo with ashiok
>dude megalife combo scrys murderous redcap to the top of his library and passes turn, i murderous cut his viscera seer on end step
>i untap, slam ashiok and blood moon
>ashiok up and take his redcap
>leave tasigur up to block
>pass turn
>he's effectively locked out
>exile his library out from under infinity life over the next 8 turns
it also beats bridge and worship.
>>
>>44559005
Why can't they call it splinter twin like a normal person?

And aura hexproof? Why not bogles, are those deck titles copyrighted or something? Just sounds like an obvious attempting not to say the actual name everyone knows.
>>
>>44559738
Ashiok does sound really good at certain times, i've been tempted to try and make room in grixis for a 1 of sb
>>
Hey guys, my brother got a splinter twin laying at home so i was thinking about taking it to a few FNM's etc.

But I wanna practice on MTGO first, since i have never played modern, whats a cheap deck thats not garbage ?
>>
>>44559784
mono-green stompy
>>
>>44559756

Best time was when I saw Ashiok come in from the sideboard from a Grixis Twin deck against a Tooth and Nail deck(aka Mono G Tron).

He's milling the top stuff for a while until he finds an Acidic Slime with Ashiok. Then later on he puts the Acidic Slime in play and puts Splinter Twin on it. 10/10 stuff.
>>
>>44558814
We also have terrible trouble with Jund. Everything is something we want to mill.
>>
How much will baby Jace drop when he rotates out?
It doesn't feel like a 65$ card in modern, but I'm afraid the price will stay high because people remember how damn expensive he used to be.
>>
>>44559667
A bit unrelated but I played against Blood Baron recently with Melira Junk and that dude really underperformed. I have no clue why people keep pushing for this dude, he has no evasion unless you are playing against JUST BW which in modern means only tokens that he can't block due to flying, a weak body and costs 5 while doing nothing to stop alpha strikes. If you want to lock the ground then you need to have pro-green.

He just doesn't work.

>>44559738
If that dude didn't scry to chord but scried to redcap then that is a telltale sign he sucks ass with the deck.
>>
>>44559843
I reckon it'll sit at 40ish, alot of people who do have them for only standard will want to ship them quickly to not lose out, so hopefully it should drop off fast after rotation.
>>
>>44559845
I'm not pushing for Blood Baron, he's just an example. Baneslayer Angel is the mainstay fatty for exactly the reason you described. She can block pretty much anything and then race with lifelink.

Blood Baron is best in the UWx mirror, and against Jund/Junk and Grixis.
>>
>>44559843

Baby Jace is like $10, what on earth are you on about?
>>
>>44559843
Jace is played in every format he is legal and is next to impossible to reprint. It won't drop as much as you think. It may drop to around $40 but it will climb again soon after
>>
>>44559784
Just play on cockatrice or x-mage, then you can actually play twin.
>>
>>44559992

Jace Beleren isnt the babiest of Jaces anymore. That goes to flip-Jace.
>>
>>44560034

>Jace Beleren isnt the babiest of Jaces anymore. That goes to flip-Jace.
>flip-Jace

Flip Jace is flip Jace. Baby Jace still remains Baby Jace aka Jace Beleren.
>>
>>44559943
>and against Jund/Junk
That's the point, he doesn't work against those decks and Junk Collected. The decks can't kill him outside of LotV (she is pretty much a sure kill tho since the deck that runs Blood Baron isn't going to run small creatures) but the point is that they don't care. Their beaters Goyf/Scooze/Raging Ravine/Olivia/Huntmaster/Lingering Souls/Pia and Kiran(fringe) don't give a fuck about him.

I could see him doing some work against non Twin Grixis decks but the game has to be a real grind, top deck, turn 20+ fest for him to be cast uncontested and mos Grixis Control lists split their wincons 50-50 Tasigur/Pia and Kiran and like I said he does nothing to Pia and Kiran.

As far as UWx goes I have no clue (and the match is corner enough to not really care enough to sideboard against) but most lists I know of have Wraths and Colonnades.
>>
Send me aether vial on pucatrade...

I want to play shitty monoW shenanigans! Deck would cost nothing, but aether vials are pain to find.
>>
>>44560297
>Pucascam
>>
>>44560027
>Standard
Only played because you're scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to card quality.
>Modern
Sees very little play.
>Legacy
Sees very little play.

I mean, I wouldn't mind one in EDH, but that's about it.
>>
>>44560352
It sees heavy vintage play as well. It's amount of use in legacy/modern isn't small either, just not the same size it is in standard at the moment.
Even then the fact it is almost impossible to reprint will bog down any delusion people have of this card becoming $20 ever again
>>
File: Image[2].jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image[2].jpg
28 KB, 223x310
>>44560377
>It sees heavy vintage play as well
So did this once upon a time.
>>
Am I missing something or is the Twin MU supposed to be hard for Tron? Between Ghost Quartering your willows for forest+nature's claim, O-Stone and harcasting Karn it's nigh impossible to get stuck under a Blood Moon and remanding fatties does basically nothing unless they can go off the next turn while you don't have an answer.
>>
>>44560402
Yes, it's supposed to be hard for Tron because you have no mainboard ways of disrupting the combo.
>>
>>44560409
Ah gotcha, beyond O-Stone that is. Majority of post-side games vs Twin I've played have been relatively easy though.
>>
>>44560418
You're playing against bad twin players then. You will understand why twin is a bad matchup for tron if you play against some actual confidant people with the deck
>>
>Me: "Guys, Phyrexian Crusader is gonna go up I feel it!"
>/tg/:"Nah it won't its a shitty card"
>Price goes up to $10 each

Ya shudda listened guys. ya shudda listened.
>>
>>44560970
It's a meme. It will go back down.

I'm glad I have a playset already
>>
Worst part is: it doesn't look like a buyout. The price will likely hold.
>>
>>44560970
>already own 4
>see people say it won't go up
>buy 4 more
>it goes up
>>
>>44561002
>>It doesn't look like a buyout
>The deck using it had 1 victory
>In a minor event
>A week ago
Eye of Ugin wasn't a buyout, Glen, Teeg and this sure are.
>>
>>44561035
Eye of Ugin happened at the same time buyouts were happening. It WAS a buyout.
>>
>feeling smug about owning a $10 card that has little aplication in anything

Oh you guys.
>>
>>44561110
>Not making fast moves

This is fucking stocks dammit

SELL SELL SELL!
>>
>>44561110
I buy cards low and sell them at buylist price. I rarely make much money from it but it's fun. And sometimes you cash big (like Arcbound Ravager and Blood Moon) and sometimes you cash small (Ezuri, Renegade Leader). But it's fun and very rarely get burned from this (usually burns = prices stay the same, so whatever).
>>
>>44560395
What? Why? That card looks like shit.
>>
>>44561110
It's like finding a 5 dollar bill while in your couch
Feels good man
>>
>>44561189
He's a 4 power hasty dude and a pretty good answer to JtMS for shop decks.
>>
>>44561166
>>44561219
For sure. It's great when you pick up a card and it blows up, even a little bit. I have a few myself. I couldn't resist poking fun though.
>>
>>44561189
To evaluate artifacts for vintage, take 2 off the mana cost and see if its good then. 2 mana seems good, but you see more porcelain legionaires these days
>>
>>44560377
I think that baby Jace is an absolute mistake in legacy, but he's actually alright in vintage because of the lack of creature combat. I do still prefer snapcaster, but jacing a gush is pretty cute
>>
>>44561189

4 power hasty dude that you can pump the shit out of then throw down a Berserk on it and win for 20 damage in a single attack.
>>
>>44561556
Do they really want to flashback gush? I thought the whole shtick was combining it with fastbond. Hardcasting it to draw two cards seems wildly inefficient, even in vintage. Or perhaps I'm missing something.
>>
>>44561881
You can use the alt cost. Jace doesn't give cards flashback, he just lets you cast them from the graveyard.
>>
>>44561881
You can alternate cast it from the yard. Gush is a draw engine, a lot of gush decks don't even bother running fastbond unless they're looking to combo off
>>
>>44561918
>>44561921
Oh shit that's right! Can't believe I blanked on the wording.
>>
>>44561701
Are you some kind of retard or do you not know what vintage is?
>>
>>44562153
I feel like you don't learn about those kind of interactions when you play modern and standard because there are so few weird interactions and wordings.
>>
>>44562333
This is true. They do indeed want to keep things as simple as possible. I've taught this game to several people now and it's always the same reaction when I have to explain the nuances of something like damage vs life loss. The look of utter confusion leads me to believe that despite how simple this game gets, the barrier is still quite high for new players.

I usually try to expose them to as much as possible within a reasonable time frame and when they've learned enough, it's not uncommon for them to express some sort of disgust to me in regards to standard.
>>
>>44562665
When I first started playing the game it was with a casual group that still played by pre-6th edition rules despite them being at least two or three years old by that time.

I am completely unable to enjoy a game unless I understand it completely and started looking up tournament coverage, reading articles, going through tournament winning deck lists, and practicing strategy with MtGO's free trial, and was eventually the one who teaches the rest of the group how the new rules actually functioned and the ins and outs about optimizing your play.

Then we bought a couple of boxes of Time Spiral and drafted with them. A lot of new people came in at this time and they had a very easy time getting the hang of things. Later some of them would say that getting started with Time Spiral was a good thing as it set the initial bar a little higher than other blocks and nothing else ever seemed complex after that.

Then I started building a Cube, and many weird interactions have occurred there, which admittedly has been a great source of rules trivia knowledge also as we initially had to look up how two cards that you'd normally never see side by side actually interacted with one another several times.
>>
>>44562323

>Implying you know anything about Vintage

You understimate the ability to sometimes get like 6 mana out in a single turn early in Vintage. Also despite what you may think, sometimes games of Vintage are won by creatures turning sideways for 2 or 4 damage.
>>
>>44563190
Nobody pumps a fucking slash panter. Or runs them anymore.
>>
>>44563243

Yes keyword here being anymore they don't but it was part of a few shops decks back then. I've seen people pump the crap out of it with a few Mutagenic Growths/Berserks too.
>>
>>44563310
No one ever pumped the shit out slash panthers in vintage, at leat not in a real de k. They were only every played in aggro shops, and then only briefly. And no one played pump spells in shops because even aggro shops played lock pieces that would make your pump spells horribly inefficient, it would require colored mana in a deck that rarely plays any color, and usually red if they do, and would reduce density of useful spells in a deck that has no draw engine and requires density of useful spells. In short you're some kind of retars, and I have played quite a bit of vintage.
>>
>>44563190
>>44563509
Also I would say more often than not these days, vintage is won with creatures attacking. Combo decks in general are rare now, although storm has seen a minor resurgence since chalice got restricted.
>>
>it people regurgitate memes and pretend it's legit format knowledge
>>
Wondering if there's any viable construction for a mindcrank deck now? I have a lot of the pieces lying around and wouldn't mind taking it to my local weekly.
>>
Bloom titan did nothing wrong.
>>
>>44564229
Yes it did, didn't you hear decks arn't allowed to win or be competitive anymore. If they win they are objectively overpowered.
>>
>>44564229
Nobody bats an eye to the fact that you have to pack 2-3 sideboard cards specifically for affinity, but people cry about bans here instead of just packing more specific hate for a deck that's powerful, but folds to hate.
>>
I hate not having bought Gaddock Teeg when it was at 14, no hopes of it getting down never
>>
>>44564454

I thought the consensus was its an artificial price spike

The card seems very niche to be chillin at $40

Glen alendra dropped already didn't it?
>>
>>44564553
Price memory will always affect it.
>>
>>44564366
2-3 dedicated sideboard cards isn't a lot. When a third to half of all sideboards need to be dedicated to beating one specific deck then you have a problem.
>>
is anything in the banning list that could potentially make faeries tier 2?
>>
File: eldrazidisplacer.jpg (39 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
eldrazidisplacer.jpg
39 KB, 265x370
Holy Eldrazi says:

KILL YOURSELVES FUCKING SEXIST SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>44564666
Not currently, and banning everything but Faeries would STILL result to Faeries being a Tier 2 deck because it's shit by nature.
>>
File: 1439244593840.png (9 KB, 459x377) Image search: [Google]
1439244593840.png
9 KB, 459x377
>>44557019
I haven't played Magic in nearly a decade and and a half and what is this.

So, what, is every player meant to always be able to return this to owner's deck and mill or something? How do you fucking respond to a card like this? This remind me a lot of the cards I used to "design" in school who were basically uber-cool, untouchable impossible to beat megamonsters that fuck your face with an unstoppable drill. For someone who hasn't seen new cards since kickers were introduced this seems really OP.
>>
>>44564879
It costs 15 mana you’re supposed to win if you play him
>>
>>44564879
You tap with an ETB effect (Pestermite, Exarch) or Oblivion Ring it. Lantern Control gives no fucks because of Ensnaring Bridge. It costs 15 mana, which means only Tron is able to cast it ever and if you just let Tron ramp there it's a deserved loss.
>>
>>44564879

In competitive magic, nobody ever reaches 15 mana unless it's your entire deck strategy

It has an ability that prevents the simplest way of cheating it into play for less than 15 mana (reanimate)

And it also is nerfed if you do end up cheating it in

You're absolutely right there's almost no way of dealing with it when it happens but that's your reward for 15 mana

The card is banned in the one format where 15 mana is actually a reasonable number: edh/commander
>>
>>44564879

It gets exiled due to Oblivion Ring.
>>
>>44565045
>the one format where 15 mana is actually a reasonable number
...a few good friends playing magic over beer and chips?
>>
>>44565094
Good ol' EDH
>>
>>44556065
Hopefully bloom doesn't get banned. Its actually an interesting deck and surprisingly makes matchups against other combo decks really interesting. Bloom vs Ad Nauseam is easily one of the strangest matchups in modern.

Blood moon being banned would break a lot of decks. Amulet bloom may become too strong without a check like blood moon in modern and greedy decks would be able to get away with greedy mana bases more easily.
>>
>bloom should be banned
>muh 8-card combo is totally more OP than splinter twin 2-card bullshit
>>
File: 118259056.png (329 KB, 799x450) Image search: [Google]
118259056.png
329 KB, 799x450
>>44565330
We can't have nice things anon. I feel you
>>
>>44548738
You're a fucking idiot. They have to pay for the pacts during their turn. The only copy of Angel's Grace they have they cast during your turn, in which the upkeep where they will have to pay for the pacts probably won't happen, unless there is something very wrong with the game..

Jesus Christ. Shut the fuck up, next time, will you?
>>
>>44565171
>Bloom
>Interesting
>Waiting for you opponent to do math is interesting

Literally the most boring deck in the format.
>>
File: overwhelmingdenial[1].jpg (39 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
overwhelmingdenial[1].jpg
39 KB, 265x370
Playable in Twin?
>>
>>44565993

Dude go follow that chain or replies carefully before you say anything.
>>
>>44566089
Its a worse dispel most of the time in twin
>>
>>44566089

I feel like it's more playable in the sideboard AGAINST twin

you cast splinter twin with counter back up? I uncounterable counter spell it
>>
Instead of banning Bloom out of the format why not just print something like this?

U - Counter target creature spell with CMC 5 or greater
Or hell make it UU and lower it to 4 or greater
It would be great sideboard against Bloom and also fit with standard eldrazi theme of big creatures
>>
>>44566493

Bloom plays Cavern of Souls as well. Wouldn't do shit.
>>
>>44566249
That's what rending volley is for
But I guess I can see this in decks that don't run red
>>
>>44566509
You're going to see the one of CoS in a single game out of a 100 when they're going off on t1/2.
>>
>>44566583

Doesn't matter, it's tutorable with Tolaria West and that's an activated ability.

So unless you're running Squelch or Trickbind your theoretical card isn't going to do diddly squat to stop Amulet Bloom.
>>
>>44566509
Damn such a shame. I honestly dont mind Bloom and I've lost to it turn three before, but at the way its looking after yesterday's match it will probably be banned. Which is unfortunate.
I feel like this is the problem with modern players. all in combos are supposed to be able to win turn 3 because they trade reliability for the ability to do so. if an all in combo doesn't even have a chance of winning on turn 3 then there's actually no point to play it because you may as well play twin which is far more consistent and can win without the combo.
>>
>>44566602
Against Twin you're dead by the time you start tutoring for Cavern of Souls or Pact of Negation (t2 the earliest since you always go off on t1 if able, t3 assuming no bloom nor amulet), oops beginning of combat pestermite untap win.
>>
>>44566609

One thing to really hurt Bloom is attempting to rush in a Tunnel Ignus but that costs 3cmc and is 1RR so the double red can be troublesome.
>>
I feel like this is storm all over again
>hurr this complex combo that has the capability of winning turn 3 is overpowered bullshit even though there's ways to stop it and if it doesn't succeed in comboing off it loses because it has no other wincon
>Seething Song is banned :^)
>>
>>44566647

>Against Twin you're dead by the time you start tutoring for Cavern of Souls or Pact of Negation (t2 the earliest since you always go off on t1 if able, t3 assuming no bloom nor amulet), oops beginning of combat pestermite untap win.

If they're on the draw then sure maybe but if on the play then no that's not going to happen. You'll be on two lands against their 3 at the start of the turn. They'll transmute and then bounce amulet a land and go off with bloom.
>>
>>44556065
You know, Modern has always struck me as being odd. On the one hand, WotC is promoting diversity and making sure the field isn't awash in a single deck type and cards are not universal within it.

But somehow they never seem to get around to the biggest offenders: Shock and Fetch lands. What the hell is up with these? They are ubiquitous. Even mono-colored decks use them to fill in sideboard options and/or thin the deck. I thought this was the type of thing WotC wanted to avoid.
>>
>>44566753
You can't afford to transmute, drop cavern and cast bloom without either a simian or a second amulet.
>>
>>44566809

>You can't afford to transmute, drop cavern and cast bloom without either a simian or a second amulet.

You're reading the line of play wrong.

If you have 2-3 lands in play on turn 3 and an Amulet you can considering most of your land taps for 2 different mana instead of singular mana. You transmute and fetch Cavern, play a Bounceland, untap and tap. cast Summer Bloom. If countered and no Pact of Negation available then it ends there, if Pact of Negation available you can protect it easily. If Cavern in Hand you just drop and transmute for Summoners Pact and attempt to cast and go with Pact of Negation protection.
>>
>>44566899
>you can considering most of your land taps for 2 different mana instead of singular mana
What the fuck? Amulet does absolutely nothing to your lands that are already sitting in play.

On t3 before your land drop #1 you can have 2 mana up without bloom on preceding turns, whether via bounce land or two normal ones. You need one more mana to transmute. Assuming amulet and a bounce land in hand, tap the two in play, play bounce land, 4 mana, transmute 1 floating. You fetch a cavern but can't play it unless you can get one mana for summer bloom from simian or you have two amulets to get 4 per bounce.
>>
>>44566744
The issue with Storm was that it was pretty consistently going off on turn 3 or 4 with Seething Song being legal, even through one or two hate cards because of how much card draw that deck has.

We're having the exact same issue with Bloom, and it's doing it as early as turn 2.
>>
>>44566512

Rending volley is superior and honestly I'm sure with testing we'll see that even blue has Better options, but I think if we just want to play the card period, the card's best potential is as a sideboard against decks that back up their combo with counter spells
>>
>>44566212

I don't see any similarity between it and dispel

Dispel is for countering answers like bolt and counter spells, it lets you leverage your larger hand size and resources

This card is for countering threats despite having less resources to win a counter war than your opponent
>>
Second Sunrise dindu nuffin
#egglivesmatter
#freesecondsunrise
>>
File: Image(2).jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image(2).jpg
28 KB, 223x310
Unban
Yes/No?
>>
>>44565330
>complaining about twin when bloom is a deck
I'd rather play 15 Twin decks in a GP than play 1 god damn amulet bloom deck
>>
File: 4784787.jpg (118 KB, 640x921) Image search: [Google]
4784787.jpg
118 KB, 640x921
>>44567788
Dredge dindu nuffin
#zombielivesmatter
#freedreadreturn
>>
>>44567810
YES

I want to play full power Ritual Gifts:

1 Island
1 Mountain
2 Arid Mesa
3 Cascade Bluffs
1 Hallowed Fountain
2 Misty Rainforest
3 Rugged Prairie
1 Sacred Foundry
4 Scalding Tarn
3 Steam Vents

4 Desperate Ritual
2 Pyretic Ritual
3 Seething Song
4 Manamorphose
4 Gifts Ungiven
3 Past in Flames

1 Snapcaster Mage
1 Earthquake
1 Firespout
1 Timely Reinforcements
1 Rest for the Weary
1 Slagstorm
2 Path to Exile

4 Remand
2 Spell Pierce
3 Spell Snare
1 Martial Coup
1 Empty the Warrens

Sideboard:
3 Delver of Secrets
1 Echoing Truth
1 Hurkyl's Recall
2 Path to Exile
1 Repeal
1 Shattering Spree
2 Spell Pierce
2 Timely Reinforcements
1 Torpor Orb
1 Trickbind
>>
>>44556525

>red an over represented colour in the meta

it's going to be over represented anyways because it's not U/W.
>>
>>44564879

The point of the shuffle clause is to make it more difficult to dump him in your graveyard and reanimate him on Turn 1 or 2 with a lucky Dark Ritual hand. It's not actually a buff.
>>
File: IMG_20160104_164253.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160104_164253.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
>>44556065
I need help with this, I know it lacks focus (and goyf) but I'm poor, and I just want some tips on this shit.
>>
>>44568783

Looks like you almost want to play Wilt Leaf Abzan there. Go get Wilt Leaf Liege, Scavenging Ooze and Loxodon Smiters.
>>
File: IMG_20160104_164823.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160104_164823.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
>>44568783
Here's my depressing land base
>>
>>44568865
By the looks of those cards that might be better in a Meta with targeted discard.
My Meta is mostly burn and Tron, a few combo decks.
>>
>>44567810
It doesn't really matter.
Song is the GGT of storm. It looks impressive and broken when you successfully execute your game plan, and banning it certainly does make the deck it goes in a bit worse. But the real workhorse behind storm is always the cantrips, and Modern has fuckall in that regard.

Unbanning it would let storm decks be a bit more refined and tuned, but as long as storm is forced to jam with Semen Visions and Sleight it just won't have the card selection to really be a powerhouse.

Printing Opt in modern might be an interesting middle ground, but I doubt that Wizards would let that particular cat out of the bag.
>>
>>44568939

Doesn't have to be targetted discard, if you're forced to randomly discard or choose to discard a card by an effect of the opponent(aka Liliana of the Veil) you will still put the Smiter or Liege in play.

Also you get to play with 6/7 Siege Rhinos.
>>
>>44568870

You realise those basic lands are worth quite a fair bit? If you're not particularly attached to them you can easily trade or sell them in for some more fetches or shocks.
>>
>>44568990
The issue is my Meta doesn't have discard generally, sometimes there's an 8rack player, but usually not.
>>
>>44569022
I would do that, but they were a gift and I'm quite fond of them
>>
>people buying out Scapeshift
Fuck you. I pulled the trigger and got them at 30 CAD each.

They better reprint it in OGW like they should (best flavor card they could print). Nobody should pay this much for this card.
>>
>>44569041

Well you'll still have 5/4 Kitchen Finks and creatures that can't die from a single bolt easily. You'll be able to hit fast and hit big. If I was you i'd drop down to a 3 colour deck and not 4 and given your card colour density and choice I'd suggest you stick to Abzan colours because you've got a good threat density and disruption in those colours already.
>>
>>44569134
I wouldn't hold my breath, but God I hope so.
I could use them for my Titania EDH
>>
How do you guys The Rock type decks in the current meta and what's a good list I could look at for inspiration?
>>
>>44569172
Without red my deck would die hard to Tron, and there are way too many Tron decks to do that.
>>
>>44569267
BGx is very hard to play right since Tron is running wild, and it'll probably only get worse with the new set coming out.
>>
>>44569315

You got any Gaddock Teeg's or Stony Silences lying around? Those will help the matchup a little bit. Perhaps some more hand disruption against Tron might be a good alternative with Duress since you're on a budget.

If you're dead set on playing R then keep it as a splash just for bolt and crumble to dust in the side. Either way it's not going to be easy.
>>
>>44566794
People are pretty much universally too economically invested in their fetch lands to admit that they're the root of a lot of problems.
>>
>>44569461
I already have both of my SS in the sideboard, unfortunately that just isn't enough against some of these tron players.
However, I think I might actually dig into getting 2 Teeg's, just because that'll really shut them up
>>
>>44569537
Lul, never mind, I was unaware he was 35$
>>
>>44569537

Some other options you can do is Phyrexian Revoker/Pithing Needle naming Karn or Ugin or Expedition Map. Tidehollow Sculler or even Brain Maggot can give you more hand disruption as budget options. I mean sure they're no Thoughtseize but you work with what you got.
>>
>>44569732
Sculler! That was the 2 drop I was going to add! Thank you!
>>
>>44569758

No probs dude, sorry about Teeg. I forgot that some nobs did a buyout on him recently but he is dropping slowly but surely. Somewhat like Huntmaster of the Fells is and he was the target of a buyout a few months back and now he's almost back to his old price.
>>
>>44569914
Jeez, I didn't know people still did buyouts, hopefully he'll drop back soon
>>
>>44569732
Stay away from revoker. Pyroclasm and nature's claim fodder. Stick with needle and name karn first or oblivion stone if you think it's more relevant. Ugin can't remove a needle and I'm more likely to draw one of my 4-ofs (stone is not a garentee 4 but usually 3-4). Sculler and maggot are pyroclasm bate. I wouldn't recommend them. Sieze is better so you can snipe my walkers or a wurmcoil but duress will do in a pinch. Paths will handle wurmcoil if you have them.
>>
>>44569992
I found the r/G Tron player guys
>>
>>44566794
>mono-colored decks use them to fill in sideboard options and/or thin the deck
I don't think so Tim.
>>
>>44567832

Well to each his own, but in my opinion you are being irrational

Bloom Titan is easy to disrupt and you can tell when you need to hold up answers

Bullshit splinter twin is a fag deck that wins out of nowhere only because every other deck that can do that was banned

People who play splinter twin = fags
>>
>>44570095
Ya caught me.
>>
>>44556163
He thinks he's so cute with his F6. It was completely different from when Kibler did it though.
>>
>>44570335
I think it was just for show. Playing the deck up like it was such a bother when he just needed to be a little patient. Completely unecicary and unsportsmanlike.
>>
>>44556948
I play affinity and I can confirm that I hate getting spell snared

Ravager, plating, overseer q___q

Also, I find it interesting that after many months of people saying Thoughtcast is shit, we see it as a 4 of and a 3 of in the top 8 of this 1000-man event. Fuck all of those people, I'm going back to playing a full set of thoughtcast like I knew I should.
>>
>>44570181
Bobby played 3 Prime Times in one turn at that Open. How is that not bullshit that can happen out of nowhere?
>>
>>44568783
>>44568870
Looks like you have most of Jund, but if Goyfs are too much then why not sell off the rest and build Burn?

Otherwise drop red and go Abzan imo.
>>
>>44561189
Cast it with mishra's workshop and kill Jace outta nowhere
>>
>>44570335
>>44570420

I didn't particularly like the gesture by Kibler either, but Hoogland took it to supreme faggot levels.

I mean, Fortanely played relatively fast, and going off with bloom doesn't take as long as was the case with eggs back then.

Jeff "Boo" Hoogland confirmed for autistic faggot once again.
>>
>>44570493
Thoughtcast is fucking excellent with artifacts. 1 mana to draw 2? Yes please.
>>
>>44570568
The eggs guy (I think Nathan Holiday) took forever, even while resolving things in a timely manner. They literally cut to another game, it ended, and came back and he was STILL going. Not even high tide takes that long.
>>
>>44570602
That's exactly what I always say, but a bunch of faggots keep saying "hurr dur threat density" and "why pay 1 to draw 2 when you could just have a good card in its place"

Can't believe I fell for it. No wonder I stopped winning as much.
>>
>>44570503
Not that guy, but how is it that different from Twin Exarch beating you for infinity out of nowhere?
And it's not like there are no answers to Bloom decks.
>>
>>44570609
Exactly. That's why I could understand Kibler's action, although I don't really appreciate it (purely subjective assessment).

But Bloom is considerably faster than eggs back then, which is why I think Hoogland was really being condescending in my opinion.

On the other hand, at least he didn't leave the table. Could be that he was being helpful towards Fortanely by passing priority, but with Hooglands face I can never tell.
>>
>>44566744
>Bloom
>Ever whiffing
Not when all of your primeval titans are squadron hawks
>>
>>44563509

>requires colored mana
>slash panther

if you're playing 4 mana for slash panther, it doesn't cost colored mana. in fact, i imagine that's one of the reasons it saw play.
>>
>>44556397
Jace really should be Griselbrand. They're making the deck worse to justify a $60 price tag on a bad spec target.
>>
Hey, I'm looking for help on my deck. THanks in advance.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-03-15-time-shenanigans/
>>
I always see insane affinity presence on par with tron, but while everybody is upset with tron - noone is whinning about aff. Why is that?
>>
>>44570875
I think you could switch one of them to Griselbrand, but Merfolk Looter than can flashback Goryo's Vengeance is probably better, considering the number of fatties there are to reanimate
>>
>>44570503

I want to see that match, that does sound pretty crazy, but did he not start the turn with amulet of vigor in play? Perhaps multiple?

My problem with splinter twin is every other deck in the format requires WORK to win, splinter twin can win even when the other player massively outplays them, playing around all their bullshit blue-red fag cards to assemble their strategy, and then it's all for nothing
>>
>>44571062
Trust me, I feel that way every time I lose to twin. Playing jund and I've got a commanding board position, my opponent is hellbent and just top decks the twin for the win. It truly is a game of skill
>>
>>44570814
Squadron Titan

When Squadron Titan enters the battlefield or attacks, you may search your library for up to three cards named Squadron Titan and put them onto the battlefield. If you do, Target opponent discards two cards named path to exile.
>>
>>44559843
He won't go down, jews have made up "price memory" as a reason why cards shouldn't drop in price and other jews are forcing him into decks where he underperforms just to claim he sees play in eternal and non-rotating.
>>
>>44560409
Most good tron decks run maindeck spellskite now.
>>
>>44570892
Probably ebcause its easier to run Affinity hate in the sideboard.

Tron always puts you on a clock, and its worse when they have a natural Tron in hand.
>>
>>44570953
You only need to reanimate Obzedat once.
It's the "control" deck T2 players have been waiting for. Counter like an aspie, deploy your threat at instant speed and continue countering like an aspie.
>>
>>44570892
When tron wins, it usually wins big and offten overwhelmingly so. You know how everyone hates anihilator? The deck has anihilator. No not the cards, the fucking deck itself. Goddamn it Ted, you have ONE land, just concede already you prideful cunt. Your not having fun anymore and niether am I. You know I'll find my wurmcoils and you know your not coming back from this so just concede and let's get on with game two for fucks sake.
>>
>>44571131
I've never lost to Twin with Jund/Deadguy.
Tron on the other hand, fuck that shit, it's win turn 4 or lose.
>>
>>44570845
He was talking about berserk
>>
>>44566794
It's a sign of a bad player if they are playing fetchs in a deck that doesn't need them or are popping fetchs whenever they can.
Deck thinning from fetchs is a myth and the life is far more important. Also keeping them uncracked plays around cards like blood moon etc.
>>
>>44570892
Because affinity is only as good as the amount of hate people pack for it.
Affinity is 100% tier one but if it ever starts getting more results it gets instantly pushed down again by hate
>>
>>44572262
If you take everything in account - it is a deck that so easly hateble that there are dedicated cards present in all sideboards. Still it wins insane amount of tournaments and always (like ALWAYS) in top8.
Im not saying anything, but sideboard hate doesn't seem to do much.
>>
It's strange that ad nauseam is actually a better deck now than storm. What happened? Did the meta shift or did ad nauseam get an upgrade?
>>
>>44572488
People figured out how to cast ad nauseum and draw their whole deck and not die to life loss via Phyrexian Unlife and some other "don't die on this turn" spell.
>>
>>44572232
>life is far more important
Only in formats where burn is a big deal, and right now Modern is sadly such a format.

>keeping them uncracked plays around cards like blood moon
This is absolutely the more relevant reason why you shouldn't crack your fetches if you don't need them.
>>
>>44572443
I play affinity myself and I think it's just bad threat assessment and overall bad players that let it shine, on top of being a powerful deck.

A few removal spells can show the deck down significantly and the hate out there is much more brutal than for other decks
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.