[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys help In a setting that has vampires and werewolves, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: 1450682208677.jpg (84 KB, 960x698) Image search: [Google]
1450682208677.jpg
84 KB, 960x698
Guys help
In a setting that has vampires and werewolves, what other "cursed humans " kind of monsters can be included?

Let's get some fresh ideas going
>>
>>44553614

>>44519881
>>
>>44553614

>see also: Innistrad
>>
>>44553614
Wendigo for starters. Also, something, what about someone cursed to "kill" anyone they touch.
>>
>>44553633
>ghosts
>fairies
>demons
Non of those qualify as "cursed humans"

Come on guys, maybe some kind of fishmen or magic cannibals, give me something
>>
>>44553783
Zombies. Undeath can be a curse.
>>
>>44553783
>magic cannibals
That's kind of what wendigos are. People who were starving, who killed another and ate their flesh. Then cursed to do that to sustain themselves from there on out.
>>
>>44553690
Ok, that might work, like a plague related monsters
How would they look? Just a plain old walking corpse, or something interesting?

Also, what would be the wendigos exactly? There are so many variants by now that I'm not sure which one do you mean
>>
>>44553863
There's a thread on Algonquin wendigo folklore in the catalog, check that out.

Personally I always imagined them as emaciated people, but their appearance is in the uncanny value. They look human, but not quite right and it gives you the willies. Face too long, eyes not right, fingers way too long and sedm to be made of black bone.
>>
>>44553783
In Chronicles of Darkness, "Geists" are humans that have died but come back to life with a passenger from the underworld, and they have to do its bidding.

"Changelings" are humans that were abducted by the True Fae, mutated into slaves/playthings/furniture, and somehow managed to escape.

Both qualify, though Demons are not human.
>>
mummies
aliens
mole men
slime
medusas
frankensteins
leprechauns
>>
File: Wendigo.jpg (124 KB, 736x1312) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo.jpg
124 KB, 736x1312
>>44553934

OP from the wendigo folklore thread. The traditional description of the wendigo is an emaciated giant, thin as somebody in the late stages of starvation, who had started to gnaw at his own body, chewing off fingers, toes, and parts of the shoulders/lips. They have a heart of solid ice and are often cloaked in the blizzards they bring with them. Their skin tends to be greyish or sallow. The Ojibway writer Basil Johnston describes it best:

>The Wendigo was gaunt to the point of emaciation, its desiccated skin pulled tautly over its bones. With its bones pushing out against its skin, its complexion the ash gray of death, and its eyes pushed back deep into their sockets, the Wendigo looked like a gaunt skeleton recently disinterred from the grave. What lips it had were tattered and bloody [....] Unclean and suffering from suppurations of the flesh, the Wendigo gave off a strange and eerie odor of decay and decomposition, of death and corruption.

Despite this description, wendigos are generally thought to be living, not undead creatures, humans transformed by a possessing evil spirit.

Pic related.
>>
>>44553934
Yeah, that's pretty good, I'll take it

>>44553983
Yeah, I know, I guess what I'm looking for is more of a sickness esthetic - like curse is almost a physical illness that turns people into monsters

>>44554052
>leprechauns
>tfw being Irish is a curse
>>
>>44553614
Various other types of ethnic werecritters

Goa'uld/yeerks/mindworms
>>
>>44554120
Is there anything in the lore about them needing specifically still living people to feed or can they eat corpses?
>>
Greek Gorgons were created by a curse. The mark of Cain can be tailored a bit to have a category of wandering, despised loners that fit your setting.

Some ghouls get the wendigo treatment, because they ate their own people during a famine. They'd differ from Wendigoes as I'd imagine they would hunt in packs.

Hellboy features a lot of curse elements - lizard centaurs, withered limbs, characters bonded by pacts to forever guard a place or live to see a hated future play out. There's a whole army in hell of human souls beaten with a hammer into warforged.

But really, a lot of "cursed humans" could be achieved by simply re-writing ghosts to retain their body in a mutated or half-death form: hanged criminals with loping heads, crazed knights trying to return home, unfilial spouses with nails and ribbons in their necks etc.
>>
>>44554243

They'll eat just about any meat put in front of them, but they seek out human flesh. Dead or alive probably doesn't matter much to them.
>>
>>44553614
4e/5e tieflings are cursed humans.
and depending on which books you're reading, dragonborn might be "blessed" humans.

Additionally, WoW Forsaken.

Tokyo Ghoul ghouls.

>>44554151
if you're wanting sickness monsters, try Vargouilles.
>>
Original monsters based on actual diseases!

Phosphorus Jaw - Radioactive death scented subhumans with glowing bones and no lower jaw! Result of workers coming into contact with deadly white phosphorus in match factories, I suggest doing something similar with a magical radioactive material.

Proteus Syndrome - Causes ridiculously random tissue growth in a way that makes Cancer genuinely jealous. Lurching, malformed behemoths that got a bad case of "too much flesh"

Leprosy - Lepers, nuff said. Rotting plague-stricken hobos and lunatics tainted by an evil presence that targets those who fall through the cracks of society, making the homeless into diseased undead.

Forcibly Cyberized humans made by assimilating magical constructs!

Blank, faceless, biological-doll like foot soldiers manufactured by an army!

Rotting undead lizardmen created by injecting ukranian bathtub heroin!

Humans puppeteered by giant parasitic worms that lunge out of their mouth or ass to feed!

Tumblrfats from humanity's dark future that have swollen into massive pale grey manatees carried by magical spidermechs!

Humans fucked by reality, causing them to become looped with alternate universe versions of themselves becoming blurry, entropy -spewing amalgamates!
>>
Fungusmen done less gayly than The Last of Us

Humans reduced by a botched ritual into an ooze that can be bound to armor or clothing, or just around as stray protoplasm.

Grown-up Harlequin Babies with creepily long contortionist limbs and illusion powers.

Humans parasitized by bees and turned into living, walking hives.

Niggers.

Endlessly, slowly burning people that are feverish by nature when they contract the disease but start to slowly mutate into fire elementals (blackened skeletons coated in wet, hot flame)

Horrifying biologically altered bondage slaves released en masse from beneath a billionare baroness's castle, some equipped with the ability to make more by stinging. (Gimps with leathery skin, creatures with whips for limbs and tounges covered in hooks)

Insect-human hybrids a la Jeff Goldblum's The Fly.

Subhumanoid redneck cannibals with bone cleavers for hands and shit.

Psionically inclined humans de-aged into floating, slimy infants.

Humans blown by an atomic-bomb equivalent into becoming literal outlines on the wall, two dimensional creatures that consume flesh and only leave irradiated ash.
>>
>>44555780
>>44556009
Jesus fuck this is horrifying.

Moar?
>>
>>44556009
>Grown-up Harlequin Babies with creepily long contortionist limbs and illusion powers.
>>44555780
>Phosphorus Jaw - Radioactive death scented subhumans with glowing bones and no lower jaw! Result of workers coming into contact with deadly white phosphorus in match factories, I suggest doing something similar with a magical radioactive material.
*shudder*
got me with those ones, boss. especially the harlequin baby.

>>44556009
>Humans blown by an atomic-bomb equivalent into becoming literal outlines on the wall, two dimensional creatures that consume flesh and only leave irradiated ash.
neat
>>
>>44556009
>Psionically inclined humans de-aged into floating, slimy infants.

I don't know why I thought of this, but my brain immediately went to something I thought of a while back.

Y'know how there's this idea of the spoiled kid with psionic powers forcing his family to do whatever he wants? I think it comes from a Twilight Zone Episode. They only ever do what they want best and are most comfortable with. But what if their powers manifested while they were still in the womb? What's more comfortable than that? The soft warm space that provides everything you could want physically, with absolutely zero possibility of physical harm. Why would they ever want to leave that?

So these fetuses just stay inside their mothers, either mind controlling or threatening them so they have to do as they say. The women end up huge, because they kid just keeps growing to adulthood, but they are prevented from ever getting rid of it.

Might end up like some kind of Quato. With the psychic child controlling a cult or organization while the mother has basically been rendered a human life support system for the thing.
>>
>>44556009
>Psionically inclined humans de-aged into floating, slimy infants.
hello Clarke. How are you?
Did you ever forgive Kubrick for what he did to your story?
>>
>>44554243
>>44554975
>>44554120
Played a game where the Wendigos are possessed by spirits of famine or gluttony, driven with an insatiable urge to consume flesh be it living or dead, human or animal they cared not.
>>
File: tormanshee.jpg (198 KB, 768x800) Image search: [Google]
tormanshee.jpg
198 KB, 768x800
>>44556225
http://www.bogleech.com/mortasheen/tormanshee.htm
>>
File: oovule[1].jpg (212 KB, 735x999) Image search: [Google]
oovule[1].jpg
212 KB, 735x999
>>44556414
>>44556009
>>
>>44556042

More birth defects then.

That thing where the spinal cord kinda breaks and all the neurons split out into this big thread filled boil. That, but with psychoelectric nerve tendrils coming out of the boil.

Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis as a fantasy monster, just people randomly turned into huge disgusting insects.

Humans parasitized by strangler fig type vines and bent into moving.

Cave CHUDs, slimy eyeless pale cave creatures with bioluminescent patches.

Pregnant woment raped by demons into becoming endlessly birthing but still able to walk on all fours with the stomach facing the sky, kinda like crabwalking, but the limgs are super body and spindly and she keeps sharting out demon fetuses while her head slowly degenerates as he brain moves into her midsection.

Human beings fused together by cancer into these tumorous siamese twins.

Tar and smog spitting black-lunged creatures inspired by smokers, complete with neck stomas they can hawk loogies of carcinogenic phlegm from.

Armless humans with strands and coils of prehensile barbed wire coming out of every orifice on their face.

Humans transformed into spider like mechs a la Widow from binding of isaac, driven around by tiny lil' imps.

Humans transformed by aliens into crude biotech appliances such as refridgerators, computers, and pipes. They keep some sentience.

Oozing, obese, endlessly hungering limbless fat sacks dragging themselves along on a sleazy trail of their own bodily grease by their long, thick tounges. Created by the consumption of a mutagenic fast food product.

Skeletons animated inside of their bodies, taking the rest of the useless flesh along for the ride.

A three-dimensional stick figure made of flesh and bone.
>>
>>44556414
>Bogleech

I'm glad I'm mature enough to be able to appreciate a guy's art and works while simultaneously loathing every cell in his body.
>>
File: zyghast.jpg (150 KB, 568x735) Image search: [Google]
zyghast.jpg
150 KB, 568x735
>>44556489
>>44556414
Bogleech makes some horrifying fetal monsters

>>44556531
Cause he's a big scary sjw?
>>
>>44556510
>Pregnant woment raped by demons into becoming endlessly birthing but still able to walk on all fours with the stomach facing the sky, kinda like crabwalking, but the limgs are super body and spindly and she keeps sharting out demon fetuses while her head slowly degenerates as he brain moves into her midsection.
hello silent hill.
>>
>>44556510
*are super bony and spindly
>>
>>44553863
Check out some of the Laundry Files. The feeders would work well. Almost mindless zombies that eat your soul on skin contact.
>>
>>44556560
is his sjw/liberal tendencies the reason he's afraid of embryos?
>>
>>44556510
>Humans transformed into spider like mechs a la Widow from binding of isaac, driven around by tiny lil' imps.
>Humans transformed by aliens into crude biotech appliances such as refridgerators, computers, and pipes. They keep some sentience.

Ever watch Meatball Machine?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVBQedhFk0g
>>
>>44556560
Unpleasantly far from center in a way that reminds me more of /pol/ than anything.

He shits where he eats. If he made a seperate account or site for his outlook and opinions and I wouldn't have to sift through it to see his art and writing, well that's just a classier way to go about things.
>>
>>44556603
>guy draws monsters
>must be afraid of them
wut
>>
>>44556603
Nah, embryos are creepy. Also, he used to be a little more chill back in the day when Mortasheen was just starting off.

Personally, I'm excited for Mortasheen but fear it will be taboo on /tg/ because it's got his name on it.
>>
File: 1448487436262.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448487436262.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I'm pretty the Witcher world is a great place to start for this. Also Slavic mythology in general.
>>
>>44556643
I still use his mutant generator for a bunch of my games

Dude knows his monsters and bugs
>>
>>44556574
>>44556121
>>44556042

What can I say I'm a body horror junkie
>>
>>44556630
the monsters create, the ones you really like, that really get to you, are representations of what you fear.

you find them effective because they prey upon your weaknesses.
>>
>>44556695
Exactly like how HP Lovecraft was terrified of seafood and salad.

Dude had some issues
>>
File: bubbles.gif (105 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bubbles.gif
105 KB, 640x480
>>44556510
>Pregnant woment raped by demons into becoming endlessly birthing but still able to walk on all fours with the stomach facing the sky, kinda like crabwalking, but the limgs are super body and spindly and she keeps sharting out demon fetuses while her head slowly degenerates as he brain moves into her midsection.
>>
>>44553614
Dragon Age's Darkspawn could work though it's an affliction that affects all races

Fallout type Ghouls where they're actually disease and madness afflicted into monsters

The soldiers from Amnesia, curse and surgically experimented on to become insanity inspiring monsters
>>
>>44556746
What? Too magical realm?

C'mon Slaanesh's done worse.
>>
S-Skinwalkers man, jusst skinwalkersss.
>>
File: the_thing_by_norbface-d4jng26.jpg (227 KB, 900x1202) Image search: [Google]
the_thing_by_norbface-d4jng26.jpg
227 KB, 900x1202
Things.
>>
>>44556728
I'd say closer to what may lay hidden in that which man has no explored (why many live in space, the abyss of the sea, etc.) and the overall infinitesimally small and meaningless nature of humanity in contrast to what could be, in a world that offers no protection, no promise of hope, only the unknown and what demons may lay within.

That said, he was partial to tentacles on his monsters, so yeah, he might have found octopi a little creepy, or at least alien.

Another fear it plays on seems to be that of madness. Coming upon a truth so vile and upending that one is reduced to schizophrenia, or at the very least, that should they tell anyone of what they have uncovered, they would be assumed mad. A permanent and near-total isolation from ones fellow man, never again able to fully rejoin humanity nor enjoy ones life, constantly oppressed by the Atlas-crushing burden you're now forced to bear forever alone.
>>
>>44556560
Honestly, a quick look at his work showed only really silly looking shit. I don't know if I was looking in the wrong section or what, but most of that stuff just looked so dumb.
>>
How about something nonstandard, fill in names I just have vague concepts.

Death eaters - Cursed immortal humans who live on misery and death, the wretched most malnutrition ones live in slums and try and be as passive as possible. The well off ones move around as merchants, vagrants, or other traveling people and do things such as poison wells and foods with poisons that inflict the most painful and languishing death and try to scoot the area before the jig is up mostly because they start looking more and more well fed nobles by the end.

Greed cursed - A god of justice curses crypt robbers of the faithful to sustain by eating material wealth without any real ability to do so. These people end up with broken teeth and slashed cheeks as they try to figure out how to eat coins and gems. They become highway robbery men on steroids as it turns out converted to food even magically a few coins won't fill you.

Skinners - People cursed with rotting flesh who have figured out to take the skin of another after they flay it from their bodies. These people actually get hired as assassins or alchemists as they are great infiltration and the use of chemicals which mainly the ones to preserve the skin and general longevity respectively.
>>
>>44557131
Skinners a and Greed Cursed sound like really interesting ideas.
>>
>>44553614
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_lLWgqKUp4
>>
>>44556510
>A three-dimensional stick figure made of flesh and bone.

I don't think that would work..they won't be monsters, they'd be more like the next niggers: enslaved and beaten and eaten and stuff

>Armless humans with strands and coils of prehensile barbed wire coming out of every orifice on their face.

This somehow gives me a sci-fi vibe, it's as if it were an augmented human. Awesome
>>
Plague angels - during a plague some people instead of dying turn into monsters, with long necks and limbs, dark grey skin and bone wings.

They spread diseases and become stronger and more monstrous from it.

At their final stage, their faces become fleshy plague doctor masks and their wings grow feathers and become usable.
>>
Ludwig the Accursed
>>
>>44556619
>>44556643
I read his site because I like his art and share a lot of his opinions when it comes to monster design. I've never found him particularly unreasonable.
Also, fetuses do indeed look freaky.

>>44556680
Me too. I want to add more stuff like that in games but it's quite hard to do horror properly. Plus it tends to draw accusations of magical realming.
>>
>>44553614
Wendigo
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.