[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/CofD/ Chronicles of Darkness General /wodg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: Constantine.png (1 MB, 736x1039) Image search: [Google]
Constantine.png
1 MB, 736x1039
No "real" subject today. But we've now got a booru to share images on, since the old Gangrel Minus went down. So today's topic is bringing attention to that and getting people to upload things to it, since I can't do it by myself (especially since most of my images are from gelbooru).
http://urbfan.booru.org/

Be sure to tag things as best you can, tagging helps people searching. The idea is to have a repository of character art, but any sort of inspirational image is good, so backgrounds and monsters help as well.

On the last exciting episode of the Chronicles of Darkness General Thread: >>44477116

-----------------------------------------------
>Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-changeling-the-dreaming-20th-anniversary-ed
>The Onyx Path Official Website
http://theonyxpath.com/
>Drive-Thru RPG, for all your legally-obtained book needs
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/
>A Mega bin, for your less legally-obtained book needs
https://mega.nz/#F!wpB0ib4a!EsAU0AE4ihrNlDWzp3-MIw
>The Chronicles of Darkness Core Book(Which isn't in the Mega link)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Abn1a6PgUCa19KbjdNcmNMWms/view?pli=1MWms/view?pli=1

>Dumb LARP Tumblrs you can't stop reading
http://puttingthevigilinvigilantism.tumblr.com/
http://hedgingyourbets.tumblr.com/
http://atlanteanstupidity.tumblr.com/
http://inthenameofthemoonmoon.tumblr.com/
http://whatshouldvampirescallme.tumblr.com/
http://whathappeninthechantry.tumblr.com/
http://harpiesgonnaharp.tumblr.com/
>>
I'll tell you what, I'm really digging The Chronic's Investigation rules. My players really like a mystery, but I've not been very good at making them fun to solve, stumping them because I had a very rigid idea of the mystery.
The system works much better, since it says "look you want them to find the clues, because otherwise there is no story, so give them stakes for good investigating other than "you don't find out"."
I'm gonna try and incorporate it into a Mage Chronicle I'm writing, using a stop gap rule set until 2nd edition comes out.

Also, I've been toying with maybe giving a bash at updating Genius: The Transgression to Chronic rules. Is that something people would be interested in?
>>
>>44520581
>The Chronic
I giggled.

Isn't there already a 2e Genius update? Or did the guy not do that because he hates nWoD as is, and taking it further from oWoD kills him?

Also, surprisingly enough, Bloodlines has kind of given me ideas for running a mystery. All of the important things require a Computers or Inspection or Lockpicking Feat of like 3 or 4, while anything that's sequence breaking or requires 8 to 10.
>>
This seems interesting. Is it basically Eldritch detectiving?
>>
File: bmrob16dylux-7-copy.jpg (60 KB, 584x319) Image search: [Google]
bmrob16dylux-7-copy.jpg
60 KB, 584x319
Alright, so... I need help with my Werewolf game. And hopefully this will be the last "I need help" at least before the game starts.

My game is set in Gotham City (as in Batman), and I'm taking a lot of the locations and characters from DC's Gotham and making them fit for CofD. I've got a few ideas of how to make Gotham's characters work in WoD (Solomon Grundy is an Extempore, Penguin is a Nosferatu, Carmine Marcone is a Wolfblooded while Alberto is the ostensible Pack leader, Killer Croc is some kind of Crocodile Host or maybe a Claimed).

I'm still having trouble fleshing out the city, though, especially in terms of other packs and places of note. I'm taking some advice from last thread and going to start making a few decisions for my players, but I'm still uncertain of how to handle things like setting up the world. I know that the Wayne murders were maybe ten years ago, and that sort of helped the city become the place of corruption that it is now.

I do want Bruce Wayne to show up, and I want it to be early in his career, with him being sort of like Netflix' Daredevil in style, as opposed to all tricked out and rich.

I can't really seem to think of more places for the characters to have their pack other than, like, Crime Alley or Amusement Mile.

>>44521622
Chronicles of Darkness (previously World of Darkness) and World of Darkness (previously Classic World of Darkness) are games about a world of supernatural politics and monsters.

If you're familiar with Dresden Files or Supernatural, it's sort of like that.

Or the Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines video game, since that's literally a World of Darkness game.
>>
>>44522061
I am into both of those things. I'm going to start looking into it.
>>
>two WoD threads

But which one is the REAL thread?
>>
>>44522230
You mean the one asking one question and that isn't a general?

this one, dipshit.
>>
>>44522078
>>44522061
>Dresden Files or Supernatural
Only as far as being Urban Fantasy goes, really.
For that matter, if you've seen NBC's Constantine or Grimm, it's similar to them as well.
I don't know much about Dresden, but he's a Mage; the rest of the DF setting, though, is kind of iffy in WoD/CofD comparisons
Sam and Dean are Hunters, of the World of Darkness Imbued variety; most of the side-character hunters are more like what you get from Hunters Hunted/Project TWILIGHT/etc. Otherwise, though, a lot of the show matches up pretty well, from what I know, save the metaplot shit.
Constantine is either a Mage or a Hunter/Proximus with a bunch of other bullshit under his belt.
Nick from Grimm is a CofD Hunter, as are the rest of the Kehrseite-Schlich-Kennen in the main cast. Everyone else is Changelings of various kinds;mostly Beasts, though there's been plenty of the other varieties. Nick and the rest of the Grimms are in a special Conspiracy that you're born into, with the endowment being the ability to see a Changeling/Wesen's mein/woge without them revealing it on purpose.
>>
>>44522253

No, I mean this one: >>44518421
>>
>>44522318
Oh

>trying to split the thread

No
>>
>>44522289
>Only as far as being Urban Fantasy goes, really.
It's a foot in the door as far as "here's what this is about". And it's not like anyone actually watched Kindred: The Embraced.

>Sam and Dean are Hunters, of the World of Darkness Imbued variety
What makes you say that? Angels boss them around, but that's about it, they don't have any holy powers. If anything Sam was a Lucifuge for a few seasons. Supernatural is way more nWoD than oWoD, and they're clearly members of the Union.

>>44522318
I didn't know that one already existed, because they didn't tag the thread with /cofd/ and also spelt "Chronicles" wrong.
>>
>>44522331

I don't think they're trying to split the threads up, there's just two threads. The other OP's got oWoD stuff on it too.
>>
>>44520838
>Isn't there already a 2e Genius update? Or did the guy not do that because he hates nWoD as is, and taking it further from oWoD kills him?
I think he didn't do it because he got sick and tired of Genius years back.

He's moved on to other things.
>>
>>44520581
>I've been toying with maybe giving a bash at updating Genius: The Transgression to Chronic rules. Is that something people would be interested in?
Genius' mechanics as they are need some major fucking fixing, and I'm not sure if those of us who actually run/play it would agree on how to fix it.
>>
>>44522418
They're the same OP. Both are labeled Chronicles of Darkness. One person just spelled it wrong.

They literally copied the last thread's OP, including the links to two threads ago.
>>
>>44522334
They stop the world from ending by sending Lucifer back to hell. That's a little more hardcore than the average CofD Hunter(+Dean's whole chosen by God thing). Sam being a Lucifuge does make sense, though.
I guess I mostly go for the WoD comparison, though, because of the massive amount of 'THE WORLD IS DOOMED IF WE DON'T STOP THIS SEASON'S BIG BAD GUY/EVENT' and other metaplot bullshit.
>>
>>44522434
to be fair Genius is mostly just Mage with magic scribbled out, so just adapt over the new book when it's done
>>
File: WoD STs.gif (500 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
WoD STs.gif
500 KB, 500x281
>>44522591
Yeah, but they didn't exactly punchfight Lucifer, because the budget wouldn't allow it. "Mechanically" they're just nWoD Hunters whose ST can't tone it the fuck down because pic related.
>>
>>44522624
The guy who did Genius was basically mad that Awakening didn't have a Technocracy, so he made a homebrew. He vehemently hated nMage.
>>
>>44522633
Still new to RPGs...whats ST?
>>
>>44522660
Storyteller - the guyrunning the game for the other players. Other games will call him the GM (games master), DM (dungeon master) and Boss, etc.
>>
>>44522683
Got it. I'm used to GM/DM.
>>
>>44522648

Gonna need a source on that. Dude used to post an RPGnet, so I know he'd have that on record.

>>44522716

A whole world of silly names for the GM await you. Maim Master, Hollyhock God, Stan Lee...
>>
>>44522828
And most of them are dumb. I've started just saying GM regardless of system.
Though I fondly remember the salt when I once called the ST a DM in an exalted IRC channel
>>
>>44523279

Most of them are gloriously dumb, yeah. Personally though, I always liked Apocalypse World's Master of Ceremonies, since it straddles between being an overly pompous name and being an accurate name. Also the added bonus of introducing yourself as "MC _______" before the game.

Folks'll get SUPER attached to ST, though. I've seen people use it outside of WoD games more than once and it was jarring.
>>
File: tsukiko3.png (251 KB, 544x649) Image search: [Google]
tsukiko3.png
251 KB, 544x649
Slutty mages

Good or bad
>>
>>44522828
Not that guy, but he had a bug up his butt about the whole Atlantis business, and in an email exchange with me when I first started running Genius, he described it as "a 450-page rebuttal to new-Mage's setting assumptions".

He wasn't specifically mad about the Technocracy, from what I remember - Genius' equivalent to the Technocracy lost their version of the "Ascension War" back in the 1950s. There IS no Seer-equivalent in power in Genius (which may be part of said rebuttal, I dunno).

He didn't hate new Mage, he was just really disappointed with it. I get the feeling he didn't look into it much after the corebook, though, so his vision of new Mage is all Atlantis and new-agey Hermeticism.
>>
>>44523646
Tsukiko's not really a slut, though. She's just got a huge thing for Xykon and has no idea how to effectively flirt or seduce.
>>
Season 4 of Person of Interest just came on Netflix, this is opening with a perfect example of living within a Cover. It's actually pretty great.
>>
Somehow, I think a Fractal Fae-touched would be...rather fucked up.
>"my soul is part insane computer logic and part insane anti-logical narrative"

Yes I'm shamelessly nicking off with this line from Smiling shade, but only because the other thread is dying.
>>
>>44523936
Dave loved Person of Interest and tried to get everyone working on Demon to watch it.
>>
>>44523824
>He didn't hate new Mage
>"a 450-page rebuttal to new-Mage's setting assumptions".
I don't want to get into another of those "hate is too strong of a word" arguments I've delt with before, but...
>>
>>44524620
I know about that, it's why I got into the show, but I've been watching on Netflix, so I was stuck waiting a few weeks for the fourth season. Besides, this season wasn't a thing when Demon was written. Still, it's beautiful to watch them trying to fit their extracurricular activities while still being a cop, a professor, and a makeup sales person.
>>
>>44524681
It was more of a "white wolf are hacks and I think I could do a better job" than a "the existence of this thing makes me furious" sort of thing.
>>
File: Guardians of the Veil.jpg (354 KB, 700x3333) Image search: [Google]
Guardians of the Veil.jpg
354 KB, 700x3333
We need WoD filenames to spice this thread up.
>>
>>44527780
>Guardians of the Veil
>not Hunter

Witch pls.
>>
File: A Loyalist joins VASCU.jpg (113 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
A Loyalist joins VASCU.jpg
113 KB, 2560x1600
>>44527810
Speaking of Hunter
>>
>>44527810
Yeah. That's Hunter. Or Iron Master.
>>
File: Crossover Games.jpg (183 KB, 807x639) Image search: [Google]
Crossover Games.jpg
183 KB, 807x639
>>44527810
>>44527940
That's what I originally had it as, but he's technically a Mage. He just rarely uses overt magic.

>>44527873
Top tier.
>>
>>44527977
>That's what I originally had it as, but he's technically a Mage. He just rarely uses overt magic.

You know who he reminds me of? Weapon, from Boston.
>>
>>44527780
>>
File: Two Moros Meet.gif (494 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
Two Moros Meet.gif
494 KB, 500x274
>>
File: Privateers.jpg (39 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
Privateers.jpg
39 KB, 500x667
>>44528280
>>44528302
Hah. Someone else is browsing those tumblrs I see.
>>
>>
>>44528508
They're great, honestly.
>>
>>44528755
>Ravnos.gif
>>
File: Lucifuge.gif (846 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
Lucifuge.gif
846 KB, 500x211
>>44528761
I need to stop being lazy and make something similar. A friend used to do these things where she'd out of nowhere start posting script style dialogues that were a cross between Reno 911 and Judge Dredd whenever the channel was quiet. Just people shooting the shit as if they were being filmed doing the day to day grunt work of a totalitarian cyberpunk police, casually talking about protestors and police brutality.

I need to do something like that, but for Hunter. Little snippets of a cell's dialogue. But I'm bad at figuring out where to start with that kind of thing.

Also it seems like for Tumblr you need specifically made super short low quality gifs.
>>
File: Supress Other's Life.gif (498 KB, 253x190) Image search: [Google]
Supress Other's Life.gif
498 KB, 253x190
>>44528784
Dat's racist.
>>
Which SETTING (not system, setting/fluff) do you prefer? Old World? Or New World/Chronicles? Why?
>>
>>44529176
Chronicles. Easy.
>>
>>44529176
New World Chronicles.

Best rules, best fluff, very "fun" to play and run. So far. Looks like 1e Changeling is gonna be better.
>>
>>44529176
Chronicles.
I like bits and pieces from Old World, but as a whole it's pretty shit.
>>
>>44529244
>New World Chronicles.
That sounds like a Fallout DLC.
>>
>>44529227
>>44529244
>>44529285
Good stuff guys. Some of the nerds here were like "nWoD is ass I miss the old fluff" so I never gave Chronicles a fair chance. After doing my latest playthrough of Bloodlines I realized that the differences between that and actual oWoD made it better. OWoD definitely has shit moments setting/fluff wise despite the interesting premise. Yeah I think I'll give nWoD a chance. If the rules are still shit, I'll do what I did with oWoD use FATE for rules.
>>
>>44529554
>Some of the nerds here were like "nWoD is ass I miss the old fluff" so I never gave Chronicles a fair chance.
Are you in Europe?

Also, honestly because of the way that nWoD works, you could really just take most of the beats of oWoD and put it into nWoD without worrying about the often mind bogglingly stupid metaplot and focus on doing what you want for your story. If you want super globe spanning conspiracy Sects instead of Covenants, that's possible, too. Hell, the Translation Guide even gives you the oWoD clans, if for some reason you want them instead of using Bloodlines.

Although I will say that in terms of both fluff and mechanics, VtR2e takes the cake out of the three versions of Vampire.
>>
>>44529689
I'm in Europe. I vastly prefer nWoD/CofD to oWoD.
>>
>>44529176
I was very resistant to 2e due to Defense bonuses and other things that just seemed weird, but now that I've tried it I can say it is definitively the best version of WoD.

I think anyone not on the Chronicles train is just resistant to change or hasn't tried it.
>>
>>44529960
As do I. I think a lot of the ongoing cWoD fandom comes from old LARPers and their deep histories and traditions. Hell, that is essentially what Dracula is all about and he's Swedish.
>>
>>44530003
The Defense isn't as bad as people think. My suggestion for people who don't like it is to just add Brawl to it. Lesser of Brawl or Athletics is Defense.
If you take Defensive Combat, you can use the higher, or Weaponry if you have a weapon.
People without weapons get -1 defense when against people with weapons (who get +1 defense).
All Out Attacks only sacrifice your skill to defense.

These are all minor tweaks, compared to the suggestions I've seen like "fuck Defense".
>>
>>44529176
Thanks to the existence of things like Changeling and Promethean, I prefer Chronicles. I also like Requiem over Masquerade for presenting, in my mind, a more reasonable and realistic vampire society.
>>
File: b85.png (203 KB, 973x443) Image search: [Google]
b85.png
203 KB, 973x443
Is Winnie the Pooh about Beast changelings' Durance under the True Fae Christopher Robin?
>>
>>44522061
Sorry, but it's Carmine Falone.

Also, this stuff might be of some help.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_City#Geography
http://batmangothamcity.net/gotham-city-map-archive/
There's a huge geography of gotham mapped out by various people.

>>44529176
Still really like Classic WOD's feeling of claustrophobia and rich history, but Chronicles looks super fun. I just haven't gotten to try it yet.
>>
File: Wolves of Gotham Map.png (6 MB, 1300x2112) Image search: [Google]
Wolves of Gotham Map.png
6 MB, 1300x2112
>>44532824
Whoops, I was thinking of Dresden Files.

As for the map, I'm using a slightly tweaked version of Gotham's map from the Dark Knight movie, though a lot of the places labeled are just random names, which is where the "slightly tweaked" part comes in. I know that "Burnside" is the location where Batgirl takes place in, and is "Gotham's version of Queens".

I've been using this site, but most of it is, like... "shitty industrial park" and "place where bad shit happens" and "shitty slums".
http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Gotham_City

I'm not sure where I'd set my group's Territory.

I'm thinking the history of Gotham is that about 10 or 15 years ago there was a Gotham earthquake and Thomas and Martha Wayne made more of a name for themselves helping rebuild, as well as keeping the peace during a time when a lot of the city was controlled by gangs and the FEMA response was kind of a clusterfuck. That helped Thomas become something of a political figure, and he was killed because he was too close to *something* and people wanted him to stop being so loved. But that ended up sending the city into a shitspiral and there's a lot of Corruption and Poverty spirits about.
>>
File: Goblin Markets.png (450 KB, 684x1822) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Markets.png
450 KB, 684x1822
Slow thread.
>>
>>44529244
>1e Changeling

>1e
nani
>>
File: Luna's Embrace.png (1 MB, 972x645) Image search: [Google]
Luna's Embrace.png
1 MB, 972x645
>>44535394
What?
>>
>>44535526
That's what I said.
>>
Yo /wodg/.

Are there any more good vidya where you play as the vampire? I finished Bloodlines like 3 times, final nights once or twice, but I can't get Antitribu mod working.
>>
>>44535394

Some people really aren't into Changeling 2e's vibe. That's the long and short of it. We'll see how things turn out when the game's out. I don' t expect things to change but you never know.
>>
>>44535862

You can try Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption, which is a Diablo-like with a longer timespan. Other than that, there's not much else. That one Dark game is pretty terrible, but if you seriously need a fix, it's got kind of a Bloodlines vibe.
>>
>>44535735
Why are you confused about 1e Changeling?

>>44535862
Final Nights?
Also, all I can think of is, like, Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver.
There's also that one stealth game, Dark or something, but I hear it sucked.

>>44535874
That doesn't make sense to me because almost all the 2e changes are things I prefered doing in 1e (Seasonal Courts aren't the only ones, any Seeming/Kith combo, it's more about getting your life together as opposed to crying and hiding from the Keeper).
>>
Anyone got a good city map resource they can recommend? I have problems determining scale, so I'd prefer to work off a map instead of making one.
Also, do you guys prefer using the suggested cities for your games or making up your own? Has anyone been in a game (running or playing) a travelling chronicle? How did it go?
>>
>>44536016
Final nights is a mod that replaces the clans with some independants and bloodlines with Followers of Set, Baali, Assamite and a few other independants. I didn't like it much
>>
>>44528755
Hang on, does she steal her earring or her actual ear?
>>
>>44536016

Well, some people have different opinions than you, and saw the game differently. I know when people talk about Changeling 2e, they don't care for the fact that the game's supposedly now about Empowerment (is there a source on this, by the way?).
>>
>>44536016
It sounded at first like 1e was spoken of in future tense, not like an allusion to 2e's quality. Misread it.
>>
>>44536422
>they don't care for the fact that the game's supposedly now about Empowerment (is there a source on this, by the way?).

Just that your Seeming is based not upon your Keeper but how you got away from your Keeper. It's your agency.
>>
>>44530033
That's fascinating because I am the person you replied to and quite a few of the nerds here prefer oWoD cuz of the MES LARP. Idk if Mind's Eye Society is a Europoor thing though I am Amerifat. I apologize for anything I misspelled due to drunk posting.
>>
>>44530033
jk I am not that person you replied to I am the guy you replied to earlier. Again sorry cuz intoxicated.
>>
>>44536422
I'm aware there are people with different opinions. They're dumb. Also, the game's not necessarily "about Empowerment" so much as it is less wanky and depressing and about being afraid. And even then it's not like Changelings aren't fearful, it's just that the point of the game now is less about looking over your shoulder and worrying all the time about your Keeper. The True Fae shouldn't be at the heart of every Changeling story, but that's how it was in 1e. The True Fae shouldn't be an abusive ex who wants to hunt you down, it should be the oppressive dictator whose regime you escaped from. The Keeper with a deeply personal relationship with you who wants to get YOU back right away should be rare. More often than not, a Changeling should be someone who escaped from North Korea or the Soviet Union, fearing the secret police but still relatively safe, not Jessica Jones finding out that Kilgrave is obsessed with her and bought her old house and stalking her.

I hate when Changeling is a race to the bottom, just seeing who can be more depressing and SAAAAD.

I have friends who hate Lost and love Dreaming because they think that a) Dreaming is super fun and any of the depressing elements can be ignored and b) Lost is all about wrist cutting and hiding. And the problem is, both of those things are technically wrong, and yet there are still people who play them that way.

>>44536520
Ah, I just caught that and see why you were confused.

>>44537039
There are still plenty of Americans who prefer oWoD, but for the most part nWoD didn't take off at all in Europe.
>>
>>44537243
>I hate when Changeling is a race to the bottom, just seeing who can be more depressing and SAAAAD.

Man, I have never once played it that way or seen it played that way.
>>
>tfw the only Mummy fan in existence
>>
>>44537799
Everyone likes Mummy, but nobody wants to run it
>>
Thinking of setting my next game in the Middle Ages after reading DA20. While I think I'll be using VtR2e since it's much cleaner with the rules, are there any resources that I should look into?
>>
>>44537834
I like parts of Mummy. I think they did good at translating aspects of pop culture into mechanics, but the setting just...it doesn't do a thing for me. I would have preferred something more generic and less focused than Irem.
>>
File: Dark Eras.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eras.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44537835
Dark Eras. Here's the kickstarter preview.

There's also Requiem for Rome, but I doubt it'd be all that much more useful. I don't like the "Religion" and "Warfare" skills.
>>
File: Kiasyd.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Kiasyd.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44537835
Also, I like the Dark Ages V20 version of the Kiasyd so I made this.

I'm not at all familiar with normal Kiasyd other than their write up (which I read on rp.thesubnet.com not the actual book), and it could really use a rewrite, but I want to know what people think so far.
>>
>>44537834

I want to run Mummy, but have no group.
>>
File: [Insert Mummy Reference].png (1 MB, 1024x1835) Image search: [Google]
[Insert Mummy Reference].png
1 MB, 1024x1835
>>44537928
You know how to fix that.
>>
>>44537918
>but I want to know what people think so far.
No clear themes. No interesting mechanics. No appealing plot hooks. You're huge and weird. I can play a nossie if I want that. Sorry it's shit.
>>
>>44537962

Having any free time and a modicum of mental health?
>>
>>44537918
Honestly, this just sounds like a bad version of a Nosferatu. "Oh look, kinda creepy vampire trying to be all knowing and SPOOOKY because of it."
>>
Noob question, since I'm still in the process of reading the Core Book.

When it comes to task difficulties let's say a character is pretty good with computers and he wants to hack into 3 different computers.

Computer 1 is easy
Computer 2 is moderate
Cmputer 3 is Difficult

Pool dice for this character is 5

Is it the storyteller who defines the difficulty of the task ? Like one succes for Comp1, 2 succes for Comp2 and 3 succeses for Comp3 ?
>>
>>44522061
>Penguin is a Vampire
Why? He hardly even kills people when he doesn't have a reason to. And it makes his rivalry with Batman (who is clearly a territorial old vampire who uses the vigilante-ism as a cover to keep the populace from going full monster hunter).

Most of the villains/gangs work better as spirit influenced humans than actual monsters, especially if the PCs are Werewolves. Joker is an OLD and powerful spirit of Chaos and Mischief. Harley is possessed by the spirit of love madness. Two-Face is a corrupted spirit of Justice. Penguin has a little pack of rage and greed spirits following him. The Cities Loci are mostly located near the docks, and are centered under the polluted water, making caring for them a complex task on top them being in a big corrupt city.
>>
>>44538364
>Penguin is a Vampire

Really wish I'd never read this, it somehow led to me watching this nonsense https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THV1w-kyk54
>>
>>44523646
Slutty Mages are fine, they get to explore sexual realms unseen, which is cool. Rapey Mages are bad though. Most of the orders are anti-mind-control on top of the normal issues.
>>
>>44537990
>>44538279
... did you read it?
The theme is that you're a faerie vampire. I guess using Face of Hunger does sort of come off as "spooky", but I was going for more of a "Changeling with their mien revealed". You're also not huge (though can be). Again, I was going for more of a Changeling willowy elf thing.

I'd thought the mechanics I introduce (how vampires handle faerie blood, the way their Bane is handled) were interesting...

Anyway, the idea for their actual powers is that they can do faerie things. They have Unseen Sense for faeries and I was going to give them a few Obtenebration style Devotions based around Wyrd stuff. I was going to give them an ability that's similar to the Mixed Blessings Dread Power from Mortal Remains. Essentially they can give Merit or Skill dots and in exchange they have an easier time doing things towards the recipient of the blessings.

>>44538364
You didn't finish that sentence. It makes his rivalry with Batman what? Also, Penguin is a vampire because in most modern versions he's weird and unsettling, like a Nosferatu. Some of them have him actually disfigured, like the Danny Devito version and some of the comics, while other times he's just weird. I particularly like the version from the Gotham TV show.
Also, Batman being an old vampire is dumb. He's clearly just a Hunter, though in my game he might end up becoming Wolfblooded, depending on the player's actions.

I'm avoiding making EVERYTHING "Spirits did it". Joker would also work better as, like, a Claimed Magath from the carnival or something. Although again I'm more likely to use the Gotham version than anything else.

Two Face will probably end up being a Wolfblooded with the Fuck Ugly Tell. Or maybe Harvey Dent will not even get his face fucked up.

Why would the Loci be mostly located near the docks? I know one of them will be the Statue of Justice. Another might be the spot of the Wayne murders.
>>
>>44538282
Are you playing Chronicles of Darkness? If so, you only need once success to succeed at anything. You make that more or less likely by applying bonuses and penalties. Like computer number 3 might have such good security that any hacking attempt gets -5 from the dicepool to begin with.
>>
>>44538490
>>44538490
>The theme is that you're a faerie vampire. I guess using Face of Hunger does sort of come off as "spooky", but I was going for more of a "Changeling with their mien revealed". You're also not huge (though can be). Again, I was going for more of a Changeling willowy elf thing.
Yes. That is even less compelling.
>>
>>44538364
>Penguin is a Vampire

I'm pretty sure that actually happened in The Batman vs. Dracula.
>>
>>44538401
>Duckula
Oh dear.
>>
>>44538282
The Storyteller sets the difficulty, but everything only requires a single Success (unless it's an Extended or Contested action). For an Instant action, the difficulty is always a penalty to the roll.

That said, hacking would probably be an Extended action, possibly also Contested (note: I haven't read 2e's core yet).

But anyway, it would be something like Wits + Computers - Firewall.

>>44538520
Well that's sort of the idea, so if you're not on board with the core concept there's not much that can be done for you specifically. I'm making a VtR2e version of the DA20 Kiasyd. Faerie vampires is what they are.
http://www.thesubnet.com/portal/wod/vtda20/ClanK.html

>>44538535
To be fair, everyone became a vampire.
>>
Quick /wodg/! Name as many of your favorite Clan/Bloodline/Tribe/etc and why they're your favorites. r8/h8/whatever
>>
>>44538568
>Well that's sort of the idea, so if you're not on board with the core concept there's not much that can be done for you specifically. I'm making a VtR2e version of the DA20 Kiasyd. Faerie vampires is what they are.
Before you're dropping it for the shiniest new thing anyway.
>>
>>44538282
forgot to mention that this is related to CofD
>>
>>44538490

>Why would the Loci be mostly located near the docks? I know one of them will be the Statue of Justice. Another might be the spot of the Wayne murders.
Because in Gotham, the closer you are to the docks, the shittier it is, and for the gameplay reasons I gave. Why would his parents' murders matter more than anyone else's? He's not the main character of this story.

>I'm avoiding making EVERYTHING "Spirits did it".
Then why play werewolf at all?

>Batman is a Hunter
Unless you're whipping out Reckoning Hunters, one man shows don't do very well, even when well funded. Having GCPD be a conspiracy that the high-ups (Commissioner Gordon and maybe a couple others) made a deal with the Wayne dynasty, cause they figure one vampire who eats criminals isn't that bid of deal when they've got crazy spirits and monsters they have to focus on.
>>
>>44538535
Batman has been a vampire in like three or four universes.
>>
>>44538512
>>44538568
Ohhhh !!I I get it now, difficulties are -X dice from the Dicepool. Thank you !

Sorry forgot to mention that it was related to Cofd.
>>
>>44538594

My CofD favorites, and my petty reasons why they're my favorite:

Vampire: Ventrue. Dominate's always been my favorite discipline, and the themes of the Mad Ruler that follow them are fun.

Werewolf: Irraka. I like playing stealthy wolves, and the image of the wolf lurking in the shadows waiting on unsuspecting prey is delightfully horrific.

Mage: Acanthus. Time magic is cool, and getting to weaponize promises is even cooler.

Promethean: Argentum. Crossover friendly in a surprisingly subtle way.

Changeling: Wizened. Bitter craftsmen are one of my go-to Archetypes in games, and they fit the bill. Chiurgeon Wizened are my favorite. Surprisingly, I've yet to play one.

Hunter: Network Zero. Lots of reasons to join, and as long as there's access to a camera, a Net0 character can be anywhere.

Geist: The Forgotten. Getting bonded to a strange spirit because of a total Act of God feels super WoD.

Mummy: Ab (Decree of Heart). An emotional Arisen full of desires makes for good drama.

Demon: Integrator. Every spy game needs the constant threat that someone's going to go turncoat, and lucky for me, there's one baked right into the system!

Beast: ahahahaahahahaahahahahaahaaaOK I guess if I have to pick one the Makara seem neat. Leviathans are scary, and the ocean is cool.
>>
File: batman-eternal-41.jpg (785 KB, 1316x2048) Image search: [Google]
batman-eternal-41.jpg
785 KB, 1316x2048
>>44538602
Haha. I like to do Stuff™. When I can't figure out what to do with something, I tend to move on and forget. That said, I'm still doing the Geist thing, you just don't see it because it's stuff that I'm too lazy to update, and thinky stuff.

>>44538608
You didn't really give a gameplay reason, though.
>Why would his parents' murders matter more than anyone else's? He's not the main character of this story.
No, but the Wayne murders are one of the reasons why the city is so shitty.
>Why play Werewolf?
To be a werewolf. Just because I'm running Werewolf doesn't mean that literally every problem ever is "Spirits did it". Things that *aren't* spirits still affect the Hisil. The Bone Shadows sometimes deal with ghosts and Iron Masters deal with Vampires. If the Ghost Wolves in Mongolia make a pact with Devourer Wolf, they'll be the Eaters of the Dead and deal with both of those things. Hell, the Iron Masters in general don't go after Spirits at all as their Sacred Prey.
Not everything needs to be Spirits, and things don't need to be Spirits to be Spiritual. Doing the same thing over and over is boring.

>One man shows don't do well
They don't do well in real life, but that doesn't change anything. Batman's whole schtick is that he's not supernatural, he's just a normal human who's Olympic level in everything and also crazy prepared because money is a superpower. Nevermind that the Bat Family is like twelve members strong. Batman, Robin, Red Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood, Batgirl, Spoiler, Huntress, Black Bat, Batwing, Bat Woman, Bluebird... Also Ace. The Bat-Hound. And that's just people IN Gotham. Although I think technically Robin isn't in Gotham anymore? I don't know, he died, and then he came back, and he's got a giant Man-bat as a pet or something...
>>
Anyone here read "Pact", by Wildbow? OP reminds me a hell of a lot of Fell, the guy on the right.

Blake just got healed from getting his chest clawed open. Does this thing in Toronto ever end already?
>>
File: Constantine's Grave.png (2 MB, 900x1386) Image search: [Google]
Constantine's Grave.png
2 MB, 900x1386
>>44539051
What?
That comic looks ugly and dumb. Also, the guy in the OP is John Constantine, from Hellblazer.
>>
>>44539127
The comic is fanart. Pact itself is a web-serial, not a comic.
>>
>>44531627
New character acquired
>>
>>44538867
I agree with most of your choices, though I prefer Nossies.
>>
File: hME0w44.jpg (466 KB, 957x1872) Image search: [Google]
hME0w44.jpg
466 KB, 957x1872
>>44539191
Story's about a former child-runaway named Blake Thorburn, who discovers his Grandma is dead, his cousin was murdered, and now he owns Grandma's mansion. The land of which is worth millions to the city, and is also filled to the brim with magic books and a few actual demons. And he also has a female doppleganger named Rose that lives in mirrors following him around. The two must deal with everyone wanting them dead, whether for the land or for having demon magic.

Like WIldbow's previous work, "Worm" (superheroes), it has the problem of an exhausting pace. In the part I've read of "Pact", two weeks have gone by and Blake has literally had over 10 fights to the death, narrow escapes, or grievous injuries, magical or otherwise. He slits his own wrists at one point and is described as being so weak he can't walk, yet hanging out at his apartment for a few hours is apparently enough to put him into fighting shape and also fix a broken finger.
>>
>>44539457
Wow, that's >>44539051 ?
They make Thornburn look like a /pol/ version of a black guy.
>>
>>44539484
It's because at the point of the story that the Comic depicts, Blake is so strung out and worn down that everyone remarks he looks like a homeless heroin addict.
>>
>>44536422
>I know when people talk about Changeling 2e, they don't care for the fact that the game's supposedly now about Empowerment (is there a source on this, by the way?).
When I said it looks like 1e is going to be the better version, it's because the people writing 2e are not very creative and suck when it comes to mechanics and see every comment about their work as a personal attack (to be ignored). Plus all the changes look boring, the switch of kith/seeming serves only to detract from options, the new seemings are boring and limit gameplay, the kiths mechanically worse than 1e, and the changes to the hedge/arcadia/truefae limit the game even more
>>
>>44539484
>>44539529
Well at least it ain't Goblins.
>>
>>44539535
>the switch of kith/seeming serves only to detract from options
No it doesn't. It opens options. Options many people already took.
Almost everything you said is wrong. Except the part about the developer taking criticism as a personal attack. And I do feel that he doesn't know the mechanics as well as he thinks he does.
>>
>>44539564
Speaking of goblins, here's Laird being Laird.
>>
>>44539570
>No it doesn't. It opens options. Options many people already took.
It seems like it opens options, but it actually forces you away from kiths that don't fit alternative seemings. With dual kiths you had many options, with kith then seeming you have less.

>Almost everything you said is wrong.
It really isn't. You probably read the open development posts as well as you read my own.
> Except the part about the developer taking criticism as a personal attack.
I said the people writing it, I didn't say the developer. 80% of the writers on it are shit scraped from the bottom of the barrel
>>
File: the_chronicles_of_darkness_1.png (2 MB, 1432x1668) Image search: [Google]
the_chronicles_of_darkness_1.png
2 MB, 1432x1668
A gift for you all
>>
File: the_chronicles_of_darkness_2.png (2 MB, 1432x1418) Image search: [Google]
the_chronicles_of_darkness_2.png
2 MB, 1432x1418
>>44539928
Alternative version, possibly better
>>
>>44538401
It didn't lead to The Batman?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjxOu7qokk
>>
>>44539051
>not recognizing Constantine
You have your "X reminds me of Y" circuits retardedly backwards.

Also no, Blake fights Frieza on Namek for fucking ever.

>>44539607
Spoilers: he doesn't.
>>
>>44538535
No he didn't.
>>44538568
No they didn't.

It was just like. The Joker.
>>
File: 608.png (134 KB, 514x562) Image search: [Google]
608.png
134 KB, 514x562
>>44539215
Which one would be strong enough to escape the Hundred Acre Hedge?
>>
>>44538916
>You didn't really give a gameplay reason, though.
Increased difficulty of dealing with the supernatural aspects of Gotham's shittiness, explaining why the city is such a shithole.

>They don't do well in real life, but that doesn't change anything. Batman's whole schtick is that he's not supernatural, he's just a normal human who's Olympic level in everything and also crazy prepared because money is a superpower. Nevermind that the Bat Family is like twelve members strong. Batman, Robin, Red Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood, Batgirl, Spoiler, Huntress, Black Bat, Batwing, Bat Woman, Bluebird... Also Ace. The Bat-Hound. And that's just people IN Gotham. Although I think technically Robin isn't in Gotham anymore? I don't know, he died, and then he came back, and he's got a giant Man-bat as a pet or something...

They don't do well in the fluff either.

Penguin's whole shtick is being a deformed man who wants to be accepted in high society and you want to make him a Vamp. You can't argue sticking to the source material for one argument and abandon it for another.
>>
So what's a summary of the pros and cons of every splat book?
>>
>>44540652
Pros - they're fun to play if you enjoy the splat's setting

Cons - If you're too lazy to even read a wiki article about the gamelines you're probably never going to play them
>>
>>44540659
What wiki article.

This one? https://1d4chan.org/wiki/World_of_Darkness
>>
>>44520581
I would like to know more without having to dig through shit while drug.

Please?
>>
File: Cover 1 Demon.jpg (39 KB, 438x480) Image search: [Google]
Cover 1 Demon.jpg
39 KB, 438x480
>tfw following an Actual Play game
>tfw their ST hasn't run since October due to various loved ones in and out of the revolving door of the hospital
>>
>>44519881
>>The Chronicles of Darkness Core Book(Which isn't in the Mega link)
Or available.

What.
>>
>>44540766
>you need a google account to access googledocs

No shit genius
>>
>>44540766
Google drive is shit, what else is new?
>>
>>44540779
That's blatantly false you retard. They can just set it to public.
>>
Hi it's the new guy again

Can I use nWOD publications and SourceBooks while using the cWOD as a Core rule book ?
>>
>>44540979
You mean like setting stuff or mechanics? because yes and no respectively, though why you wouldn't do it the other way around is another matter
>>
>>44541024

Thank you !

Ok, So if I decide to use CofD as my main rulebook, and use nWod sourcebooks just for setting and ideas I should be fine.

Because from what I read the mechanics changed especially things related to combat and whatnot.

As much as I love the system and the easy character creation, it is really tough for a new guy to find his way in.
>>
>>44541065
It is easy enough to mix systems or editions.

The problem you run into is how mechanics are explained lore-wise, or vise-versa.

IIRC, IMDS, a Kindred's bloodpool is a mechanic in OWOD (stated without a relatable reason), but it actually gets explained in NWOD (stated as an analogy).
>>
>>44541065

Yes and the 2e assumes you will use the 1e books until appropriate 2e books for that subject matter comes out.

Its really not that hard. Just use the core 2nd edition book of the game you want to play and disregard everything else. CofD should only be your "main" rulebook if you plan on running mortals. If you want to use Vampires, use Requiem 2nd Edition, if you want Werewolves use Forsaken 2nd edition, if you want to play Demon, play Decent, ect.

The 2e books do a pretty good job of condensing a decade's worth of fluff for new players to get into. I wouldn't even concern myself with the other sourcebooks until you've got a handle of the basics.
>>
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=326627
This guy's characters are... all heterochromic chimera?
>>
File: Katina_Rapeface_8074.png (44 KB, 272x281) Image search: [Google]
Katina_Rapeface_8074.png
44 KB, 272x281
>>44541598

Gave me instant flashbacks to the questfaggotry that nearly destroyed /m/.
>>
>>44541632
Going by the mismatched anime eyes and the older version of the character actually having
> His hair is black, with what appear to be naturally occurring dark red highlights.

His character's vocabulary in the other threads seems too advanced, his character sheet has Eidetic Memory, at one point his original characters leaves the room and the other enters, and his username literally is literally Emissary666...

I think maybe those are fake character sheets to deceive the other players that he's human when he's actually playing a demon suffering from several permanent glitches in his Cover.

So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here.
>>
>>44541823
>I think maybe those are fake character sheets to deceive the other players that he's human when he's actually playing a demon suffering from several permanent glitches in his Cover.
That could be clever, playing a Demon whose Cover is so utterly-butterly-buggered they look like someones retarded FF OC.
>>
>>44538594
Vampire: Daeva, because I'm a fan of the vampire-as-seducer archetype, even if I'm not actually going to be having sex with anybody

Werewolf: Ithaeur, because I'm a nerd who loves spirit magic, and they specialize in it

Mage: Thyrsus, see Werewolf, and also because I love being able to go Cronenberg/give myself new body parts/etc

Promethean: Unfleshed, because I like sitting in Uncanny Valley and telling anybody who looks at me weird to get over it. Also b/c robots are cool

Changeling: Fairest, because I'm a fuccboi who likes to play social characters

Hunter: Lucifuge, b/c fuck yeah demon powers

Demon: Tempter, because what kind of spy does things directly when they could use other people to get the job done instead?
>>
>>44542713
>go Cronenberg
DEATH TO VIDEODROME! LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH!
>>
>>44538594
Vampire
Clan: Mekhet, secrets and sneaking? Boner achieved.
Covenant: Invictus because networks and power. Followed by Ordo Dracul.

Werewolf
Auspice: Elodoth, networking ho!
Tribe: Iron Masters, I guess. Cunning, ho!

Mage
Path: Mastigos, the Path resonates with my nature, Mind and Space are also cool.
Order: Toughie... I guess Silver Ladder. Maybe.

Promethean
Lineage: Ulgan because you need that Ephemeral spice.
>>
>>44540582
>Penguin's whole shtick is being a deformed man who wants to be accepted in high society
No it isn't... Penguin has several schticks depending on who's writing.
I also don't see how everything being near the docks makes things more (or less) difficult to deal with. Supernatural things shouldn't just be concentrated around the water.

>>44540659
>Cons - If you're too lazy to even read a wiki article about the gamelines you're probably never going to play them
The only good wiki article about the gamelines is the TVTropes ones.

>>44541065
>>44540979
You can do whatever you want, it's just always going to be difficult. nWoD 2e books work best with 2e/Chronicles of Darkness books. So these books:
>Chronicles of Darkness
>The God-Machine Chronicle
>Vampire: The Requiem second edition
>Demon: The Descent
>Werewolf: The Forsaken second edition
>Mortal Remains
>Beast: The Primordial
>Demon Translation Guide
As well as the soon to be released/we have spoilers for
>Dark Eras
>Hurt Locker
>[Whatever the name of that Covenant book is]
>Mage: The Awakening 2e (might actually still end up called Fallen World Chronicle now)
^Those all use the same rules system. Anything else you use will require duct tape and chewing gum. And honestly the newer you are the less I'd suggest that. Something like nWoD 1e's Asylum is fine, but if you plan on using oWoD's Gypsies then you'd basically need to design the whole thing yourself.
>>
>>44541598
>>44541823
>His character's name is literally Conrad Kurtz
Also, I'm not sure how to read this. Is one an NPC? Also, if that is someone playing a demon cleverly, that's kind of awesome.

>>44541868
My Demon had permanently glitched pink hair from his patchwork cover, but was one of those demons who only uses the one Cover unless necessary, and saw it as a badge of honour. That hair was *his*, not the God-Machine's.
Read: The Jo-Jo character who's art I used has pink hair.
>>
File: Access.png (79 KB, 590x458) Image search: [Google]
Access.png
79 KB, 590x458
>>44540766
>>44540779
>>44540781
>>44540793
I have it set to anyone with the link, and it says anyone can access it without needing to sign in.
>>
>>44543767
>Read: The Jo-Jo character who's art I used has pink hair.
Diavolo?
>>
File: Jack Lockheart Icon.png (155 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Jack Lockheart Icon.png
155 KB, 400x400
>>44544898
Whichever one this is. Though I think the other one I use is a different character; that hair is more purple, but I like the 'personality' of the images more.
I think I actually used random Gelbooru images at first, and the one that had the right androgynous look was pink haired, so I stuck with it. It's been a while and it was one of those things where I just made a character to try out the system and then did nothing with it.
>>
>>44545317
May or may not be the same character as this one. I don't watch the Jo-Jos. Or much of anything, which I should change.

This one fits more with sort of weirdo friendly guy I was going for. He's a Psychopomp Tempter who's got a cult of hippy style free love called the Church of the Unlocked Heart. He was building it for the God-Machine, but realized he was lying to those people about a loving and kind God. So decided to switch up the message and basically become his own loving and kind God for the church. So he's still egotistical, but it was partly my attempt to make a Tempter that wasn't just a selfish asshole.

He'd probably be a good ally, if I ever ran Demon.
>>
File: Mr Heart.png (738 KB, 961x2964) Image search: [Google]
Mr Heart.png
738 KB, 961x2964
>>44545491
And just because, the actual sheet, which was made as an example of how I wanted sheets to look.

My players then completely ignored the template I coded for them, and the game fell apart due to scheduling before it even happened. The fate of all online games.
>>
>>44539694

Whose on the Changeling 2e writing team anyways? Is that info released before the book comes out?
>>
>>44546105
David Hill is lead developer, so Filamena Young is probably one of the writers.
>>
Looking through Netflix Shows:
>Bitten
>S1.E1 Summons: Elena Michaels, the world's only female werewolf, must choose between her new human existence and her former life with a pack of werewolves.
>>
>>44546380
>world's only female werewolf
>pack of werewolves
You know she took the knot.
>>
>>44546229

She is for sure, but I was wondering about a full writer's list.
>>
What's the best place online to check out to play some CofD games? Roll20? Mythweavers? Haven't RPed in a while and friends are all elsewhere in the world atm.
>>
>>44538490
Really? Because in my head Gotham Joker has some kind of weird reincarnation possession implications. Which explains Joker Immunity, I guess. Seems like regular non reincarnation Joker would be easier. I wasn't really happy with that addition to the mythos even though I liked Jerome.

>>44538594
Tzimisce. They're like intelligent, weird murderkitties who are too proud to be herded or tamed.
>>
>>44547683

Roll20's good for getting your friends back to the gaming table if their schedules can align, but apparently the WoD Community there is terrible. Dunno about Mythweavers.
>>
Is there such a thing as an anti-spirit Pipe bomb anywhere? I know Bolt Holes can have the No Twilight (?) merit which keeps those suckers outside, but apart from there isn't much beyond Wards that a non-Mage or Uratha can do.

>>44547683
I'm in two excellent WoD games on Roll20 right now, you simply need to look around and avoid anything Vampire.
>>44546380
>new human existence
Okay, does that mean what I think it does? Because if so that might be quite the interesting approach.
>>44546467
It does seem like a show made for people who enjoy this type of fantasy, yes.

>>44538594
>MtA
Void Engineers, because they simply love science and do it with style.

WoD
>VtM
Giovanni, because sometimes you just need that certain uppercase D Darkness.
>CtD
Please no.
>DtF
Earthbound.

CoDa
>VtR: Mehkhet, because shadows and such, also like their general MO a lot
>DtD: Inquisitors, because.
>Mtaw:
>Obrimos, Silver Ladder, because hey LIGHT AND FREEDOM FOR ALL MANKIND seems like a program I'd be kinda down for
>GTSE/CtL: Too hard to decide
>HtV: Barret Commission, because I'm a sucker for this kind of low-key MiBing, The Long Night because vampire-therapy Adventist prayer group is hilarious, Loyalists of Thule because redemption themes + fogey yet badass scientists equals cool in my book
>>
>>44548297
>Is there such a thing as an anti-spirit Pipe bomb anywhere? I know Bolt Holes can have the No Twilight (?) merit which keeps those suckers outside, but apart from there isn't much beyond Wards that a non-Mage or Uratha can do.

As long as we are talking about spirits in the material realm, then vampiric Blood Sorcery should also be able to cover it.
>>
>>44538594
>VtR
Mekhet (2e Mekhet), because they get all the cool weaknesses. Alternately Gangrel, if we're going by Discipline spread instead.
>WtF:
Elodoth. I like the whole duality thing they've got going on, and them being the one subgroup of eight-foot death machines that's willing to try actually talking things out first is cool.
>MtAw:
Mastigos. Mind for Astral goodness, Space for geometry and higher math fuckery. Also their philosophy is pretty cool.
>PtC:
Frankensteins. The classic option, and being a patchwork electro-powered angry zombie monster fuelled by spite is amusing.
>CtL:
I don't give enough of a fuck about Changeling to have a favourite Seeming.
>HtV:
This doesn't have an X splat.
>GtSE:
I don't like Geist either, but I do have a favourite Threshold: Forgotten.
>D:tD
Psychopomp, I guess? They're the most abstract option.
>M:tC:
I don't remember enough about this game to have a favourite. I guess the name guys?
>B:tP:
I don't give enough of a fuck about this game to read it, let alone have a favourite.
>>
>>44548556
>I don't remember enough about this game to have a favourite.
>Mummy
Heh.
>>
>>44548796
That was actually why I left that in there instead of going and looking them up and deciding on a favourite.
>>
>>44548297
>Barrett Commission
>government agents taking on vampires for stealing public money and tax evasion
Why have I never heard of these guys? They're great.
>>
>>44549001
You can fuck with a man's pride, but never fuck with a man's money. It makes sense the state would feel similarly. They're also the guys who make sure the number of Daeva ghouls in the Secret Service stays on a manageable level, and they do all that without Yippie-kay attitude or spacefuture guns.

>>44548375
Not necessarily fully manifested. Just using Numina to fuck with people from beyond the Gauntlet.
>>
>>44543767
>>His character's name is literally Conrad Kurtz
Don't forget his middle name is Marlow.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Marlow

And his first draft character/Cover's last name was Dantes.
>>
>>44543844
Then "the link" that's posted in OP is wrong. There can be more than one link to google drive files I think.

Have you tested it when signed out in an incognito window?
>>
>>44525007
I though this very late. But that's hilarious considering how janky and broken Genius is. It and most of the homebrew tends to be done horribly.
>>
>>44543767
>Is one an NPC?

If you read the whole thread it's clear OP was edited to add Marlow as his replacement PC. The conversation with the ST seemingly led him to make a different character that would get along better in a group.

You can see him switch out Jason for Marlow at the end of page 2 of the prologue thread.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=327579
>>
>>44538594
>VtR
Mekhet though with Ventrue as a close second

>WtF
Irraka

>MtAw
Never played it. No interest.

>PtC
Unfleshed. Really looking forward to having them in the 2e core.

>CtL
Wizened, specifically Soldier/Drudge

>HtV
Loyalists as far as Compacts, Cheiron for Conspiracy

>GtSE
Forgotten Bonepickers are awesome.

>DtD
Messenger Integrator

>MtC
Never played it. No interest.

>BtP
No.
>>
>>44538594
>Bloodlines
Melissidae is one I'd always loved the fluff for but I just couldn't bring myself to play a female character. I used an Architect of the Monolith as an antagonist in my Demon game, seemed like a perfect sort to sellout to the God Machine.

I like the Brothers of Ypres too. There's so many great Bloodlines, I wish they'd just go ahead and port them to 2e, rather than just give us new ones in little drips and drabs.
>>
>>44549703
Yeah. I like Genius, but I don't think it's far and away better than any official WoD game (especially mechanically-speaking).
>>
>>44547722
How is he a reincarnation? I haven't finished Gotham, but Jerome was just a crazy guy. Although there was that weird bit with "you will be a scourge on Gotham" and the two guys killing each other.
But basically, I mean Jerome, anything else aside.

>>44548297
"Shadowless Chamber" is a thing in Book of Spirits.

>Okay, does that mean what I think it does?
No idea, I didn't watch it.

>>44549001
They're in Hunter: Night Stalkers.

>>44549514
Make something hallowed ground. You can do a lot of stuff. Check out Book of Spirits for how mortals can deal with spirits.
>>44549635
I haven't, but I'm actually playing Bloodlines and in the Steam browser, so I'll check it later and fix it.

>>44549703
Honestly? I liked a lot of what I saw in Princess, but never did run it.

>>44549820
>If you read the whole thread
No way I'd want to do that.

>>44549984
You CAN be a male Melissid. But they're also my favourite Bloodline. Actually, that book has three of my favourites. Melissidae, Players, and Galloi. I also like the concept of Gulikan.

I doubt we're going to see as many 2e Bloodlines, which is a shame, because I love how they're being handled in 2e. A little more complex mechanically, but really good.
I'm hoping Tribes are done well, and while I don't like the necessity of high Gnosis to get your benefits, Legacies seem to be done better as well. Even Athanors sound like they'll be less dumb. Though I do wonder about Entitlements. We've heard zero about them, and they were really tied to the Seasonal Courts.

In 1e I hated all the Z Splats other than Bloodlines.
>>
>>44550342
>I don't like the necessity of high Gnosis to get your benefits, Legacies seem to be done better as well.
The Gnosis requirements for Legacies did get lowered in 2e - in 2e, by Gnosis 4, you've got three Attainments. In 1e, by Gnosis 4, you'd have one Attainment.

Mages also increase Gnosis more quickly than other splats do their power stat because A) they get bonus XP specifically for spending on Gnosis, and B) Gnosis is included in pretty much any dice pool used for Mage-ing, so there's more incentive to increase it.

How good you are with your Disciplines has nothing to do with your Blood Potency score, for example, but every casting is going to take Gnosis into account in your dicepool.
>>
>>44550342
>You CAN be a male Melissid.
Yeah, but it doesn't really work thematically. Shame, but then nature doesn't make any excuses for being matriarchal.
>>
>>44550427
I don't like the focus on Gnosis in general. I always feel like Gnosis above 3 or 4 is for more established antagonist characters and whatnot, and 10 is more for legendary characters. But Dave seems to like high Gnosis mages as common, so 8 or so isn't unusual.

>>44550438
Just be literaly The Pain.
>>
>>44543767
http://www.myth-weavers.com/member.php?u=18621
>Occupation
>Student - Economics Major
>Biography
>I'm a friendless shut in with no life to speak of, several debilitating psychological disorders, and mildly moderate aspergers.

A homeless uneducated 13 year old PC shouldn't have things like "cardiovascular system" in his vocabulary. So either he's very bad at pretending to be a normal person, or he's decent at pretending to be a robot who is very bad at pretending to be a normal person.

And glitches extend across all Covers, so of course both characters having the same eyefuckery. But I mean this just gives it away.
>"Actually did have someone bet their soul on a game of three card monte. They lost, but I let them keep it, I already had their watch, wedding ring, and cash."
>>
>>44550473
>But Dave seems to like high Gnosis mages as common, so 8 or so isn't unusual.
IIRC in most of the sample settings, the most powerful person in the city is usually at Powerstat 8, and then it goes down from there.

"Established antagonist characters" are gonna be Gnosis 5 or 6, usually, yeah. The power scale for Gnosis isn't condensed into the lower half the way it is for, say, Blood Potency (or for an even better example, Essence rating in Exalted, where having a 6 or better means you're seriously old and powerful).

Vampires are also weird in that their powerstat can go up (and DOWN) without spending XP.
>>
>>44550507
Are we going to be watching this game to se if he's a demon now?
>>
>>44550342
>posted a link without even taking 5 seconds to test if it even works
>doesn't read a thread and instead gets others to explain it
So you're just the thread retard?
>>
>>44550599
I posted the link two weeks ago, and until today no one complained about it.

I have better things to do than read a game on Myth-Weavers.

Get over yourself.
>>
>>44550473
Not so true in daves own game from what i heard a mage may only increase gnosis with arcana exp. Also its not like arcana exp can only be used for gnosis I believe it can also be used for rote spells and arcana path such as time of mind.
>>
>>44550684
I think that's a 2e rule. Also, yeah, but Mages are still expected to be high Gnosis.
>>
>>44550662
>I have better things to do
You're posting on 4chan.

No you don't.
>>
>>44550684
In 1e the only thing you could spend Arcane XP on was gnosis, and it was supplementary on top of spending normal XP on it. You COULD spend only Arcane XP on it, if you wanted, but that wasn't the expectation.

Arcane XP being spent on Rotes and Arcane XP is a thing they added in for 2e, and was also a common houserule for groups that wanted to incentivize players to spend normal XP on stuff other than more magic (which is probably why it was formalized in 2e).
>>
>>44540076
Yeah, just read that chapter. Stabbed in the throat after holding someone down while they're being literally mind-raped.
>>
>>44550772
I have not-posting-on-4chan things.
Like ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶B̶l̶o̶o̶d̶l̶i̶n̶e̶s̶ working on preparing to run a game.
>>
>>44551011
>In 1e the only thing you could spend Arcane XP on was gnosis
Or certain Arcanum with GM permission, so long as an understanding of that Arcanum is what generated the Arcane Experience.
>>
>>44551084
Can you point to rules text stating that?

Because I've never heard of that one before.
>>
>>44538594

Ventrue and Mekhet are my favorite clans

Actually I don't like the Mekhet I just like the Khaibit

Actually I don't like the Khaibit I just like the Lasombra

Actually I don't like the Lasombra I just like Obtenebration
>>
>>44551336
SHADOW TENTACLES
>>
Speaking of Bloodlines, is the museum based on a real life museum? It feels like the same layout as in Arkham City. Specifically the bit with the bridge over the entryway.
>>
>>44550548

I always found it cool that Vampires can fuck with their own Powerstat in an "easier" way than any other splat, as long as their ready to deal with the terrible price both methods bring.
>>
>>44550767
Well vampires has blood beats to increase blood potency. And werewolfs get extra beats on their scared hunts.
>>
>>44551691
>the terrible price both methods bring
You mean "survive 50 years"?
>>
>>44543601
>Path: Mastigos, the Path resonates with my nature, Mind and Space are also cool.
>i'm an edgelord who wants to rape people
>>
>>44550342
I thought that was what they were trying to imply with all of it, especially the last part with all the people laughing.
>>
>>44548297

CoDa isn't going to catch on.
>>
>>44552062
As people who've actually read the game have pointed out, Mastigos are the people with mind rape powers who are least likely to mind rape you.
>>
>>44552103

Not true. In 1e Core they are specifically mentioned as being the mind rape splat.
>>
>>44552166
Only in the path stereotypes section, and stereotypes have always been bullshit.
>>
>>44548297
It doesn't. She was bitten by a werewolf (which transmits the infection) and was part of the pack, she said 'fuck this' because the werewolf pack is exceptionally controlling and insular, and ran off to have a human life outside of the pack. She has to return when people start turning up dead on the large, rural property owned by the werewolf pack.

It's not a terrible show; it's got some interesting werewolf setup (like necessary shapeshifting or you'll just shift without being able to stop it) and some interesting setup.
>>
>>44552224
Why is she the only female werewolf?
>>
>>44546380
>>44546467
>>44552224
The book was better.
They make her ex a bit creepier and rapier in the show because they don't have time to develop their relationship as well. There are a lot more moments that show why she's basically hiding her true self from her human bf in the books.

Also, they ruined the witches. And I will always mourn Lucas. Lucas can be sexy as hell while using excessive $4 words.

>>44552297
Because werewolves only pass their genes down to their male kids (and witches only have daughters and sorcerers, the distaff counterpart, only have sons) and most people don't survive being bitten.
>>
>>44552333
It's based on a book?
Why is it that so far Dresden Files and Greywalker seem to be the only urban fantasy series that aren't all about fucking? Especially all the Werewolf books I've seen are about female werecats needing to be submissive sexually to the Alpha or whatever..
>>
>>44548297
>Is there such a thing as an anti-spirit Pipe bomb anywhere?
Yes, Task Force Valkyrie has one. The problem is without the spirit, the world reacts negatively (like the scene from Serenity, where they found the colony).
>>
>>44552402
These aren't all about fucking, but they have a romance subplot. There's no weird kink to it or anything.

Blame Anita Blake. People know they can sell their shit if they have a romantic beta plot.
And Harry Dresden actually did get girls like crazy, considering.
And you would probably enjoy the Iron Druid Chronicles.
>>
>>44552050
They can eat the souls of other vampires. They gain one exp per blood potency of the vampire eaten, this exp may only be spent to boost your blood potency. They also get 1 discipline dot of a discipline you do not have.
>>
>>44552297
What >>44552333 said.

>>44552333
The book is always better (and despite the long hair, they guy they got to play her ex is smoking hot.)
I haven't watched past Season 1 yet. I went back to watching Lost Girl after watching Season 1.
>>
>>44552501
>They gain one exp per blood potency of the vampire eaten, this exp may only be spent to boost your blood potency.
What, really? Back in 1e it was full-blown "gain a Blood Potency dot".
>>
>>44552480
Dresden Files has like four sex scenes in 13 books.
I'm just saying "only female werewolf" sounds like the set up for something kinky.

I prefer my urbfan modern. I read a good vampire detective novel that was technically part of a Superhero series. That was surprisingly good.

>>44552522
BP is cheaper now, so there's no real need for "instant power upgrade".
>>
>>44552546
>BP is cheaper now
Only after the third dot. 25 Beats vs 24 Experiences for dot 3, then things start getting cheaper.
>>
>>44552092

It doesn't help that it reminds me of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CODA_System

It gives me images of Mr. Sulu, but a Vampire.
>>
>>44552522
Yay but in 1E I believe you only got the blood potency if the vampire had a higher blood potency then you. Now it only cares that to you ate their soul. So you can feed off of 50 beginning vampires and be at blood potency 10. But the path to that quick power comes with a lot of problem.
>>
>>44552506
Season 2 is not really as good as season 1. But I hope you enjoy it.

>>44552546
It's not, really. Like the books are not about her having to mate with every male werewolf or anything. She has a romantic plot with this one guy, and at one point someone kidnaps her, but if it were sans magic it would be a story about a female person in a male dominated hobby or career who used to date a guy who was super into the hobby and they were in business together, but now she's trying to date a normal person and hiding her interest in her hobbies.

Also, Iron Druid is set in the current era, it's just that he's the last immortal druid because reasons. It's actually fairly similar to the Dresden files which is why I think you might enjoy it.
>>
>>44552501
A few Experience points you can only spend on BP upgrades and possibly getting a Discipline dot doesn't seem worth the downsides, honestly.
>Have to commit fucking soul-murder
>Lose Humanity
>Victim manifests every session to try to kill you
>Every Vampire with Auspex knows you're a soul-murderer
>>
>>44552560
Considering 70% of Blood Potency is over three dots...

>>44552665
It's never seemed worth the downsides, but you'd still have That Guy want to chew into the neck of any vampire he's alone in a room with as if it was the fucking Highlander and he wanted to win the Game of Immortals.
>>
>>44552723
>Considering 70% of Blood Potency is over three dots...
True, but we've had people in this thread arguing that PCs aren't usually going to get past about 4 or so over the course of a game.
>>
>>44552665
The idea is you have incentive to be a diabolist with really old and powerful vampires, but no incentive to go around draining your BP 1 buddies.
>>
>>44552723
Diablerie honestly made a lot more sense back in the days of Generation when it was the ONLY way to improve your Generation.

Of course, the fact that it only improved your Generation by 1 instead of replacing your Generation with the victims still meant every single Diablerie-for-power meant there was less overall Vampiric power in the world.
>>
>>44552792
Considering BP1 didn't give any benefits whatsoever in 1e and it does now (admittedly only 5 Beats and a Discipline worth, but that's still more than the nothing you got in 1e), that kind of backfires then.
>>
>>44552786
That was me, and it wasn't arguing so much as saying it's not typical.
>>
>>44552830
BP 2 still gave one full BP for a BP1 vamp. You're nitpicking, but fine, it's no incentive to go around draining your other low-BP buddies.
>>
>>44552881
Yeah. I just mean that you're not really going to have it both ways, here. Either powerstat 6-10 isn't going to be reserved for old, ultrapowerful NPCs anymore, or you can't argue that powerstat is cheaper for 70% of the scale when the entire second half of the scale is only theoretical when it comes to PCs
>>
>>44546588

I posted the writer list a while back ago. This is it, except for a few people that either flaked or had to be let go.

David Brookshaw, Claire Conte, Tanya Cohen-Diaz, J Dymphna Coy, Steffie De Vaan, Lawerence Hawkins, David A Hill Jr, Shoshanna Kessock, Cassandra Khaw, Jeremy Kostiew, Eloy Lasanta, Danielle Lauzon, Matthew McFarland, Marianne Pease, Neall Raemonn Price, Lauren Roy, John Snead, Monica Speca, Christopher Stone Bush, Travis Stout, Ian Williams, Filamena Young
>>
How worthwhile is GMC Inspiring as a merit? It looks good to me, but I have a nagging feeling since 3 dots is a considerable investment at character creation.
>>
>>44553368
>except for a few people that either flaked
that really happens?

>>44553416
It gives people WP back, and makes exceptional successes easier (exceptional successes are suggested as a source of beats)
>>
Hay does anyone have idea how to update the EN bloodline, from the ancient bloodline book.
>>
>>44553460

You have no idea.

I usually plan for at least one or two flake outs on a given book. You can usually expect one or two people have personal problems that keep them from finishing their work on time; you just give those people extensions and deal with it.

But then you get the story about how their hard drive crashed. Then they have a family vacation. Then they have a cold. Then whatever and so forth. A few months have passed, and they just stop answering emails. You reassign their work, and a few months later they ask if you still want their first draft.

I mean, this isn't amazing work for amazing pay. If you're good at it, you can turn out a reasonable amount of words in short time, and make an okay check out of it. But very, very few of us are good enough to be doing this as a primary job. For the others, day job and family have to come first, and I can't begrudge them that.

Ironically though, the biggest flakes are generally NOT the ones with families to take care of or full-time jobs; they're the most reliable writers I find.

I know some people dislike Filamena, and whatever. I wouldn't hire her if I didn't like her work. And there's something to be said for someone I can look to and say, "One of my writers plagiarised a huge chunk of work and I had to fire them. How fast can you get 10,000 words for me?" and they respond, "Is it okay if I get it by Friday? Or do you needed it quicker than that?"
>>
>>44551301
"The Storyteller might at times allow a player to divert a few Arcane Experience points toward the improvement of an Arcanum, but only if that Arcanum was pivotal in earning the points. Otherwise, Arcane Experience can be applied only to knowledge and understanding of higher concepts. In other words, Gnosis, a mage’s understanding of how experiences reveal the true Supernal World behind the false, Fallen World."

Page 340
>>
>>44553674
Huh.

Fucking corebook. Still finding new shit in there a decade later.
>>
>>44553620
>David Hill posting on 4chan
Is this the apocalypse?
>>
>>44553620
>Ironically though, the biggest flakes are generally NOT the ones with families to take care of or full-time jobs; they're the most reliable writers I find.
I get the feeling the rest of it don't think of it like a "real job" because it's a one-time contracted freelance writing assignment. They do a thing, they turn it in, they get paid. So they take it less seriously than they would a "real" job.
>>
>>44553929
He's done it before.

>>44553913
That's because it's got a terrible layout. All of the WoD books do.

Hey, Hill, if you're still around: Make sure people can actually find things in the Changeling book.
>>
>>44553929
>>David Hill posting on 4chan

I have a few times here or there. I'd probably answer more questions and whatever, but it's hard to keep track of the flow, and I don't like wading through a bunch of stuff I don't care about to get there.
>>
>>44553955
>People being able to actually find shit in a 2e corebook without having to use the Table of Content hyperlinks for everything
Good fucking luck.

For God's sake, David, please make your section titles clearly indicate what's in the section, because that's what the bookmarks get called too. Most of the bookmarks in the 2e pdfs are fucking useless.
>>
>>44554007
You've got the native browser extension, yeah? Just check for posts that are replies to your posts. They get included as little blue hyperlinks next to your post number.

Also Ctrl+F your name too, I guess.
>>
>>44553952

Absolutely. Then again, it depends on the business.

If you're freelancing for a magazine paying 25 cents a word, you'll sure as hell take it seriously as you would a real job, because that's a reasonable way to pay the bills. But if I don't turn in a 3 cent a word thing, all I'm losing is a few dollars and gaining numerous hours of free time. If I was hiring freelancers to do 25 cent a word work, I'd be completely shocked if they flaked. I'd also be up a creek, because my bosses expect fast, reliable, high-quality performance without falter.
>>
>>44554063
And with your people with families and real jobs, they've got a sense of professionalism that has them treat freelance assignments like any other job they've agreed to do regardless of the fact that it doesn't pay much.

Gotta love principles.
>>
>>44554036

I didn't know there was a browser extension; that's all news to me. I'll look into it. It's also kind of frustrating because I have to use my phone or tether from my phone; all of my home IP addresses are blocked (I think it has something to do with Japanese IPs and 2chan or whatever). I can browse it just fine, but to post, I have to use a different address. VPN hasn't done any good for me there, either.

Searching for my name's usually not worth it; I want to talk about Hurt Locker, Changeling, and the Requiem work I do. If I search for my name, I just get Aspel talking about how I'm a hack or whatever.
>>
>>44554113
Oh, I have no idea how the browser extension works on a phone. I only ever use 4chan from my computer.

>If I search for my name, I just get Aspel talking about how I'm a hack or whatever.
Kek.
>>
>>44554013
I'll do what I can. I try to keep headers simple. As much as purple flowery headers might sound cool, I try to avoid that where possible. Changeling should be easier in that regard than, say, V20 Dark Ages, because it's not a 500 page tome.
>>
>>44554013
>>44554142
While the Chronicles of Darkness corebook has a lot of problems (Fate), it does a good job there at least. The chapter titles all have WHAT THEY ARE after the fancy name.

>>44554063
Jeez, these books are 3 cents a word?

>>44554113
>I just get Aspel talking about how I'm a hack or whatever.
Oi, I don't necessarily think you're a hack, and I'm far from your only detractor. Hell, I think I'm one of the few people in these threads who likes the Changeling changes. I don't just hate you on principle or whatever you think; I criticize you on things you've done wrong.
Like think I'm out to get you, or that I hate nWoD.
>>
>>44554142
I noticed a bunch of bookmarks in Vampire and Werewolf 2e that don't tell you a damn thing about what the bookmark's associated section actually covers, which is really annoying when you're trying to reference the book. For example, the section in Werewolf that talks about how werewolves group together in packs is called "In For the Kill", which, while evocative I guess, is completely useless for telling you what's actually under that bookmark.

Likewise, in the mechanics chapter, what's going to be under the bookmark "Soul of the Wolf" vs what's going to be under the bookmark "Spirit of the Wolf" is completely opaque.
>>
>>44554163

Some people get 3 cents a word. That's usual starting rate. Some of us get more, depending on experience. I personally make more, because I've been at it for about ten years.

And it's okay. It's sarcasm. I'm teasing. But understand, a lot of what you call "doing wrong" is more "doing stuff you don't agree with". Which is totally okay. It happens. I disagree with a lot of the choices a lot of my fellow developers make. I would do them differently. Neither of us are right or wrong, we just have different perspectives, desires, and approaches to these things.
>>
>>44554240
>Aspel understanding the difference between "doing something he disagrees with" and "doing wrong"
>>
>>44554240

David, please don't take this as a confrontational question, but what do you have to say to big fans of Changeling 1e who aren't loving how 2e is shaping up?

My boyfriend and I are huge fans of the original game, and the new edition is making both of us really nervous.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.