[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chronicals of Darkness general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: World of Darkness.jpg (149 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
World of Darkness.jpg
149 KB, 600x665
https://youtu.be/f1Fm0g6SWsI [Embed]

Chronicles of Darkness is at it's core a horror game. What advice do you have for horror? In what way can you evoke the uncanny through text or, at best, voice?

On the last exciting episode of the Chronicles of Darkness General Thread: >>44433912

-----------------------------------------------
Oh, hey, we've got a booru now. Feel free to add stuff, but tag well or you'll make me cry.
http://urbfan.booru.org/

>Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-changeling-the-dreaming-20th-anniversary-ed
>The Onyx Path Official Website
http://theonyxpath.com/
>Drive-Thru RPG, for all your legally-obtained book needs
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/
>A Mega bin, for your less legally-obtained book needs
https://mega.nz/#F!wpB0ib4a!EsAU0AE4ihrNlDWzp3-MIw
>The Chronicles of Darkness Core Book(Which isn't in the Mega link)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Abn1a6PgUCa19KbjdNcmNMWms/view?pli=1MWms/view?pli=1

The creatively named Bloodlines ST is also running a game 12 years after VtM:B. Find out more here >>44470126 → and shoot him an email at [email protected]
>>
>>44518421
How are Demon the Fallen and Demon the Descent. I've looked through Fallen abit, but I'm not sure how they play and compare to other OWoD stuff.
Only recently found out about Descent and have no idea about it. How does it compare to the NWoD stuff?
>>
>>44518474
They're pretty cool, can't really compare them to inferno as I've never played it, but I quite like descent
>>
Do minor-templates stack? can you have wolf-blooded ghouls or fractal fae-touched?
>>
What are the sacred preys of the Pure Tribes?
>>
Would a Discworld-style teleoportation (Swapping yourself with with something of equal mass in the location you wish to travel to) be Space or Matter?
>>
>>44518565
Anyone know?
>>
>>44519176
They do not have a prey. For them it is a "Do not dishonor ..."

Fire-Touched - Do not dishonor the shadow.
Predator Kings - Do not dishonor the hunt.
I forgot the Ivory Claws.
>>
No page 10 for us.
>>
>>44518421
Sadly, "How do you DO that?" did not include what I was looking for: how do you handle conditional shapeshifting curses? From the stereotypical "turn into a wolf when the moon is full" to "be a swan at night and a human at day" or "become a bear whenever you kiss a person"? I'm looking for a particular brand of asshole Verbena.
>>
>>44520455
How? It's pretty simple anon, just make a persistent condition that causes the wished transformation under the preferred conditions, probably add a beat condition for when the transformation complicates things for the person 'with' the condition.
>>
>>44520778
I'm talking "Mage: The Ascension".
>>
File: Herd ●.jpg (133 KB, 734x544) Image search: [Google]
Herd ●.jpg
133 KB, 734x544
>>
File: 1451669784728.jpg (132 KB, 842x720) Image search: [Google]
1451669784728.jpg
132 KB, 842x720
>>44521229
Best girl is whore girl.
>>
>>44519176

Ivory Claws "Those who dishonor their lineage"
Predator Kings "Those who dishonor the Hunt"
Fire Touched "Those who dishonor the Shadow"

And by their strict definitions, Forsaken apply to all three of those.

>>44518565
Wolfblood stacks with any other minor template and even major ones (except werewolves), since you keep your tell when you change into something else, and "a Tell is what makes you wolfblooded." Pretty much all other minor templates erase each other as of right now as far as I know.
>>
>>44519533
>>44518565
>does wolf-blood X
Yes, it's like herpes and apparently barely ever goes away.
>fractal fae-touched
>"my soul is part insane computer logic and insane anti-logical narrative"
Source, that'd be one fucked-up kid.

>>44519210
Both, honestly. You need to define the to-swap thing, which Space most likely wouldn't be capable of doing.
>>44518474
1) Out of all CoDa lines, Descent is probably the farthest from its predecessor. A "fall" being part of the Demon's existence is just about the only thing they share.
2) Descent is a serial spy/mystery game. Lots of planning, lots of really shady shit needing to be arranged and powers that are either for getting out of trouble FAST or subtle shifting circumstances in your favour.

In CoDa it's also peculiar in that it has a singular "monolithic" antagonist, whereas for example a Mage's issues with the Seers are usually understated in favour of ALL THAT OTHER SHIT that can ruin your day.

In my experience that leads to rather interesting plotlines since the "god" in Descent is at once past the point of Singularity and at the same time hilariously incompetent for reasons which themselves could easily be plot hooks.
>>
>>44521396
>>44521229

So what are these from/about?
>>
>>44521483
well goddamn, I was hoping the latest cancerous addition to my hunter groups cell might not be able to take on the other minor templates, I'm a tad bit worried he'll see stars when he realizes that signing a contract with is boss to become said bosses son will make him offspring(and thus give him access to embeds)
>>
>>44521556
>from
dA
>about
Bloodborne.
>>
File: 1450398398524.jpg (138 KB, 483x651) Image search: [Google]
1450398398524.jpg
138 KB, 483x651
>>44521556
They are two characters from Bloodborne.
The one on the left is a whore, who gives her blood to the Good Hunter (you), that gives you large healing effects.
The woman on the right is a nun on the healing church, who does the same thing, making me believe the whore was a nun.

You and save both of them, the whore in the house who wasn't in the mood to take clients during the Hunt. The nun was in a prison and was ecstatic that you save her. The nun also listens in on your conversations with the whore and is jealous that you do that.
Killing the whore if you take her blood too many times.
>>
>>44521695
Please tell us about your group. I could need a good cringe.
> I'm a tad bit worried he'll see stars when he realizes that signing a contract with is boss to become said bosses son will make him offspring(and thus give him access to embeds)
It also puts him on the local Unchained gang's shit list. Make it a plot point and have the boss be rather determined in using him as a tool and others constantly try to mess with both their plans.

I'm also fairly confused why your Hunters work for a Demon anyway. No, wait. I think you or one of your players posted in here before. Blackmail?
>>
>>44521799
Well, when I said "Cancer" i mean in the cancerous hunter cell way. So far we've got a former child soldier from Liberia, only just got citizenship and still adjusting. Former army-ranger marksman, STRONG on the PTSD and child-murder(Killed his brothers fetch after said brothe was taken, killed a kid in Iraq, watched a buncha kids burn in a bombed out school). There's also the two relatively normal college students, one however is a cursed as fuck stigmatic who is(Relatively soon) going to be hooked up to power some infrastructure, and the other is a boot-cleaner for a fairly powerful vampires cult, and finally there's the new wolf-blood, a hitman with like...3 integrity who has persistant atavism after the parties little fight with a predator king.

And yea, I figure there'd be ways to make his life even more confused and nightmarish if he became the demons new kid and got all these fucked up powers(To say nothing of the god machines IMMEDIATE AND DIRECT attention).
Less blackmail more....friendlyness. Everyone in the party needed something at the time, one of them was in deep shit due to getting the DAs daughters car towed and destroyed, one was living with a host organization and had no income, home, etc. One is as previously stated; Literally going to be killed by the god machine, and the last was going insane due to his inability to put his skills to use after leaving the military to his very empty family home
>>
How do I get my players to actually use their information gathering merits without directly telling them when they would be useful? (Contacts, Cacophy Savvy, etc. VtR 2e.)
>>
>>44522082
Why not just mention it?
>>
>>44522110
I generally do at the beginning of a plot that they would be especially useful in, just a friendly "Hey, I wanna remind you guys that you have these merits, and they are useful for gathering quick information on NPCs which might be hard to get otherwise." They just don't take advantage of them, and I don't want to handhold them by telling them exactly what to roll for.

It's not a big issue since they seem to be enjoying puzzling things out the hard way anyway, it just tickles my autism slightly.
>>
>>44522146
If your players aren't making good use of their merits, largely it's going to be their own problem. That said, they may just not be challenged enough, if they were they'd be pulling together every bit of advantage they could in order to progress
>>
>>44521483

It's funny how both Demons couldn't be further apart in premise and setting yet their translation guide is probably the best out of the line.
>>
>>44518421
>Chronicals of Darkness general
>trying to split the thread

I thought we areed to keep WoD and CofD together
>>
>>44522161
It's still early on, so things are still in the "introducing how things work" stage.

They just had their first instance of getting caught up in an elder's political ploying (that they directly know of, anyway)>. Trying to start them out small. I'm satisfied with the outcome, though: They came out with a pretty decent piece of blackmail on an important (but not top-ranking) Invictus member, but they don't fully realize the mess they're setting themselves up for by exploiting it.

The players get some short term rewards to help establish themselves in the city, and they now have a political adversary who isn't big enough to immediately snuff them out in spite of the blackmail, but is big enough to make their lives difficult in future endeavors.
>>
>>44522333
My bad. I made the other one because this one wasn't tagged right. Also OP misspelled "Chronicles" anyway.
Also, they literally just copied the opening from the previous thread, which means the "last thread" link is two threads ago...

I'd delete my thread, but it's too late to do so.
That means today is going to be rather difficult...
>>
>>44522363

Well clearly we need to name the threads. I declare this one General 1.
>>
>>44521483
>>fractal fae-touched
>>"my soul is part insane computer logic and insane anti-logical narrative"
>Source, that'd be one fucked-up kid.
Dear god that's funny, thank you Shade.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.