[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civilization: Rule of the Wings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11
File: SaarinTheSad.jpg (22 KB, 298x353) Image search: [Google]
SaarinTheSad.jpg
22 KB, 298x353
Once, in the far west, the harpies ruled over the land-creatures, lived from those who were weak and fought countless enemies.

Everything changed when the insectoids appeared: ables to fly and with infinite hunger they killed everything in land, and then they came for the skies.

Most of the west is desolated now, at the other side of the Rotten Mountains a small group of harpies fled looking for a new home.

Will they make it?
>>
(Sorry for trip coding and such, I'm in another thread that needs it)

The Harpies could build farms, so they have a supply of food.
>>
>>44489155
Wohoo. Civquest time.

Cm want us to namefag?
>>
File: Mapa1.png (278 KB, 619x167) Image search: [Google]
Mapa1.png
278 KB, 619x167
Months of travel have finally ended. The harpies led by Saarin have arrived to a small peak overlooking a lake. Jungle extendes before their eyes.

At the moment they are only 30 harpies, most of them female, with the summer almost over they build some rustic nests and shelters.

Behind there are only the Rotten Mountains, the jungle can be a good place to hunt, but it wont be easy.

what to do?

>explore
>procreate
>build
>other

Hope you guys have some patience, votes decide. Ill make a doc.
>>
>>44489216

Dont worry

>>44489241

Sorry for being slow, needed to chane some things in the map.
>>
>>44489271
Build housing for future eggs
>>
>>44489271
Half explore. Half build nests.
>>
>>44489241
Ill like it btw but isnt necessary or obligatory.
>>44489297
>>44489471
Doc with info https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MKDcAmDPhxyAQlsAGBCO4bbM81Mc06L_2sFcZpQkhfA/edit?usp=sharing

3 votes will be basic rule unless there is more (or hope not, less) people.
>>
File: Ni-do.jpg (113 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
Ni-do.jpg
113 KB, 540x405
>>44489297
>>44489471

Some of the harpies start recolecting branches and leaves, with some clay gluieing it together.

They make some nests, they have now some secure place for the eggs but hunger is in the door...

Some harpies go exploring, they cover long distances flying and soon get more information to Saarin: The jungle is a giant valley, they saw water far in the horizon, but didnt dare to go that far this time.
>>
>>44489737
>half continue building.
>half gather food.
Keep fairly close.
>>
I think it wasnt a good idea to make it today, idk.
>>
>>44490104
Keep going m8.
Lots of introverts lurk and don't join in till the posts hit a number high enough to make them secure that its not dying.
>>
>>44489817
Im on the phone now.

The harpies keep building nests, most of the couples have his own nest and so they start to build a big storage.

Half of the female harpies go hunting in to the jungle. They bring some type of boars, they tell that under the trees the jungle seems alive and there is some strange smell everywhere.

With this food theyll do for some time, plus probably some other parts of the boars can be used.
>>
>>44490516
Hey guy I'm pissed and ready to play. Sorry about the delay but family is family. Happy new years everyone.

Now for the crunchy bits.

Fashion some weapons from the boars bones. Knives, clubs, spears, anything. Fill up those nests too.

Are we on the mountain or in the trees?
>>
>>44490590
Rocky Mountain with some trees, really hard to acces without flying.
>>
>>44490590
Second.
Bones and hides for weapons and shelter from rain.
>>
>>44489155
When we encounter this
>>44489551
>>
>>44490516
Have a few of the girls safeguard the males, there aren't many of them and they'll be needed when mating season comes
>>
File: harpy_by_bluefooted-d3cdq5m.jpg (789 KB, 800x967) Image search: [Google]
harpy_by_bluefooted-d3cdq5m.jpg
789 KB, 800x967
As Saarin tries to convince the harpies to procreate its a hard work, being "mounted" its seen as weakness. Most of the females are eager but the "males" cant stop fighting. Some order must be imposed.

Some start working the leather and bones, it wont be fast but theyll do something.

Nests are now pretty big and confortable, not strong but durable.
>>
>>44490761
Tie down all the males in their sleep and let the females have as much fun as they want with them. Allow future generations to learn that, despite being entirely necessary to the future of the species, all males are to be completely submissive to the females and the only reason they aren't dropped from the gene pool is because of how the sky goddess had designed us.
JUST LIKE REAL LIFE
>>
>>44490761
oh and btw, will you be rolling for us? Any way is good, only it's a bit funnier when you see your fuckup/awesome crit
>>
>>44490834
Second this.
>>
>>44490834
lel could actually work. and I don't know who would say no to that
>>
>>44490854
I was thinking in letting that for outside interactions, if you guys could roll better.

Ill edit the doc later btw
>>
>>44490761
Institute dancing duels. The one to tire first gets mounted. No pecking, no clawing, no knockdowns.
>>
>>44490946
this is perfect!!!!!
>>
File: harpy_by_rhineville-d3au1gw.jpg (113 KB, 695x900) Image search: [Google]
harpy_by_rhineville-d3au1gw.jpg
113 KB, 695x900
>>44490834

Saarin talks with the females and with their help they trap the males, most of the harpies get dominant with the tied males.

Finally Saarin inseminates the "males", they become more submissive trhu the days, and then the laying starts.

Most of the harpies lay between 1 and 3 eggs, the males lay only 1. Saarin wasnt inseminated so didnt lay anything, staying as number one in the social status.

There 43 eggs

This looks that could be repeated and transformed into a tradition.

All this times all the harpies were too busy with mating, and the other procedures stopped. Winter has come.

Since winter started every night strange green lights come under the leaves in the valle y.
>>
>>44491046
Carefully examine the lights.
>>
>>44491046
>Winter has come.
We'll tough it out, and if we're in the red then just eat some of the eggs.
continue with the mounting
>>
>>44491046
see whats up with those lights, and I think that >>44490946 might be a better idea for mating rituals.

Continue with the pelts and bones too

Oh and Btw is saarin hermafrodite or what?
>>
>>44491046
wait what's the difference between males and "males" in this context
>>
>>44491092
The "males" are hermaphrodite yes, Ill make the duels a thing too.
>>
>>44491144
Males have penis and oviduct, so they are able to lay eggs too. All harpies look like monster women so its hard to diferentiate anyway. Just magical realm i guess.
>>
>>44491151
Shit... Well that's fetish material I love it
>>
>>44491046
Leave the males to guard the eggs, take a wingman lol and investigate the lights at ground level
>>
File: 500px-Windfury_Harpy_full.jpg (40 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
500px-Windfury_Harpy_full.jpg
40 KB, 500x393
Finally the harpies manage to create some primitival clothes with the leather, just in time for the winter. Al thought that not everyone has this luxury.

Autumn was oddly dry, but winter comes rainy. Almost everyday rains, and up in the mountains show can be seen.

The nests work pretty well aislating and the harpies can sleep well.

What to do with the eggs? All in one nest? Number of eggs to care individually? Oother?

As with the bones they make some daggers and give them to the one that explore the most.

The males have been struggling more and are defensive vs the females.

As the harpies explore the jungle they see that those strange lights are infact some weird humanoids living in the trees, they dont seem to sense the harpies while flying but only when touching the earth.
>>
>>44491360
Make peace and call the eggs by number/rank and file.
>>
>>44491360
We could try to establish it so that females are supposed to bring a male they mount a gift to entice or at least placate them. Doesn't have to be huge, maybe so treat of yummy berries of something.
And lets have each male looks after 4-5 eggs.
>>
>>44491360
> they dont seem to sense the harpies while flying but only when touching the earth
Oh so they're a bunch of blind earthbenders like that toph girl from korra.

Assign a few to shadow the landwalkers

Divvy up egg duty among the males as equally as possible, place them in different nests to ensure better survival chances and since they're guarding the eggs make sure they get first dibs on clothing so they can keep the eggs warm better.

continue with the copulation, as leader it is your privilege to see to that
>>
>>44491451
This!
>>
>>44491451
I don't know about the clothes part. They are staying in the relatively sheltered nests. The ones going out side in the weather should be the ones getting clothes.
>>
What about calling the eggs by numbers when they hatch?
>>
>>44491531
Why? What culture has ever legitimately done that. Just give them names as normal.
>>
>>44491589
Easier to keep track of, say Gen 1.
>>
>>44491613
Still seems like a weird plan and poor form from a role playing stand point. We're not some lab making a batch of clones, we're a tribe raising children.
>>
>>44491524
We can allways find more, and we're in a jungle ffs, it's not like a blizzard can just sweep us up and burry us in snow
>>
>>44491691
In that case can it be used for prisoners?
>>
As the harpies want to procreate the females start trying to dominate the males, some type of wrestling starts between couples. At the end it doesnt matter who wins because the winner always takes sexual action on the loser. And so the ranks in the society are slowly forming.

The males take care of the eggs in different nests, taking the new ones and ordering them.

In the jungle harpies keep looking at those humanoids, they have no eyes or mouth. Some have seem them stays in the same place for days, over the corpses of animals and things like that.

Those same explorers bring some more meat and also small fruits, but the food is low ccmpared to the activity of the comunity.
>>
>>44491707
I guess? You seemed oddly fixated on this identifying people by a number rather than name.
At least I don't have to try to impose my fetishes in this quest since some of my biggest ones come built in :D
>>
>>44491724
Search for more food and stay away from the beings.
>>
>>44491724
Yeah we should probably stop with the sexing and get through winter first. Tell everybody to stop fucking around and get to scavenging for other usable materials besides leather and bone. Vines would make decent rope, and we could always use more nests.

Continue shadowing the landwalkers, raise alarms if they ever try to deliberately approach our home. Also extend the scouting to look for other potential predators like grasskrakens and solarmen.
>>
>>44491785
I have a shit naming sense. Hence numbers.
>>
>>44491792
Supporting. Also can we tell how intelligent and/or aggressive these glowing humanoids are?
>>
>>44491792
+1

Also i thonk the landwalkers are actually mycenae so we could probably eat them if we are willing to start a war for that... If not who knows? As an add on try harvesting the fat from different animals we catch. that shit is flamable and mostly anything can be killed with fire
>>
>>44491870
My guess is that they are like fungi, eating dead remaims.
>>
>>44491870
They dont seem very intelligent, like something between plants and animals... Do you understand?
>>
>>44491924
Feral myceanea huh? Ok.
>>
>>44491792
This
>>
>>44491924
>>44491903
>>44491905
If that's so then we may as well not mess with them at all. Even if their flesh could be considered sustenance, we as harpies don't really eat mushrooms anyways, it'd be a waste of numerous resources fighting for shit we don't even need. Also going by Dark Souls rules you don't fuck with no mushrooms

In fact, we could use them advantageously, they clean up the wastes down below essentially wiping away any tracks we leave behind AND serve as some type of guardians of the jungle lands.

It could very well be that these actually cause other predators to stay away from the area, we can take advantage of their inability to sense us up high by locating ourselves near their dwellings.
>>
>>44492043
or that!
>>
>>44492043
I agree, as long as we don't fuck with them, we are cool.
>>
>>44492043
Well I'm not sure settling near them is the best idea. We might not want to eat them but what if other who do come poking around? And so chicks are bound to fall out of the nests at some point and I'd rather not see what happens then.
>>
Winter is almost over and the eggs will hatch soon.

Most of the harpies go scavenging.

Some go to the peaks, only in the highest peak there is snow, most of the mountain has a silver streaks across.

In the jungle the explorers keep exploring, hunting and harvesting.
An smell group finds a cave that is constantly lighting green, they can see giant rubies in contrast with the weird fungus that covers the entrance of the cave.

The next they see llaves them antonished, at least four trolls are being eaten by the fungus, they seem to be suffering constantly. One of the harpies lands close the entrance and suddenly some fungi tentacle grabs her, two mero go help her but get caught too... The others flee and tell Saarin.

Food is ok for the harpies, but other (less amusing) attaccks have happened while exploring.
>>
>>44492099
Darwin, survival of the fittest.
>>
>>44492119
Quickly try to prepare a defence against a possible invasion.
>>
>>44492119
More food gathering.
Work on making better weapons.
>>
>>44492119
Leave the cave marked as verboten, we have obviously overstepped our bounds and it seems the fungi attacks if we get too close to their territory.

I recall there being a river somewhere, which means there's a split in the land. Send three well-equipped scouts to see if we may use the other side as refuge in case there's need to evacuate.
>>
>>44492126
You seem to fail to grasp the fact that there are multiple Darwinian survival strategies when it comes to raising young. Now if we were a species that produced large quantities of young at little energy put into individual young that would be a fair argument. But we are not. We produce small numbers of young and put a lot of energy into raising each so we have to try and protect them.
>>
>>44492247
Fair point.
>>
>>44492119
Keep gathering resources and try to develop some better tools.
>>
>>44489271
Heres a part of the map, Ill make another one with more information later.

The harpies are in a small peak overlooking the jungle valley so itll be hard for them to get there.

The water tho is in the valley.
>>
File: 200px-Skree_paragon.jpg (14 KB, 200x327) Image search: [Google]
200px-Skree_paragon.jpg
14 KB, 200x327
As the spring starts the eggs start hatching, most hatch succesfully and soon there are at least 50 babies asking for food. They have some feathers and can move a bit, but are pretty dumb and weak.

The harpies keep harvesting and hunting, but it isnt making enough to feed so many mouths. There are some little accidents while exploring with the fungus but nothing serious.

With sticks the harpies start crafting some spears, most are simply a pointy stick while some have pointy bones attached too.

Were the jungle ends some plains start, and then far away the sea can be seen.
>>
>>44492507
Try investing in some fishing.
>>
>>44492530
I think it's a little too far away for anything substantial at hte moment.
>>44492507
All I could suggest is to build. A stock pile for food and other stuff should be alright. We should also try and make a peacefull contact with the mycenae, see what they're all about. If everything goes wrong retreat and start gathering a lot of burnable stuff and shove it in their cave. Let them burn if they're assholes
>>
>>44492603
Agree
>>
>>44492603
Then I second this.
>>
>>44492603
Let's not shove it in just yet. They might eat it before we decide to light it. But still gather it up just to be ready.
>>
Are any of our people 'educated' ?
>>
The harpies seem unable to communicate with the fungus, some male caught one of the humanoid one and killed it. It was really tasty and so he feed it to his chicks.

Some went to the cave again, everything is the same, the same trolls being eaten, they seem to not die and constantly feed the fungus.

The babies start walking more a round the village and are curious about everything shiny.

Some storage are madera for food, and so the meat can last some more days. Now everyone is eating well but thanks to the diary labor everyone does looking for food.

>>44492706
Nope, harpies are quite feral and have low diplomacy tho they could speak almost every language if they wanted.
>>
>>44492814
Stop trying to feed the shrooms, to the chicks.
>>
>>44492814
Maybe we should work to better ourselves. Just a little.
>>
>>44492814
Continue on with weapons research.
Explore more.
>>
As everyone keeps doing its part the harpies have a relaxed spring.

Fruit and berries are now more abundant and so it easens the work.

Fungus keep acting as always, like it doesnt react as an a normal sentient being.

Every spear have bones with it, also most of the harpies have more or less leather clothes that protect them.

The explorers go to the east, leaving behind the mountains fly thru the plains and finally they arrive to the sea.

While going thru the shore, collecting sea shells, they see in the distante something that looks like an human settlement. With close inspection they confirm it and return to Saarin without being noticed.

IT seemed like a small fishers Village.
>>
>>44493091
Have some of our ladies trained for hit and run tactics. By this I mean BETTER hit and run tactics than the ones we know. Still up for the plan of getting as much flammable shit as possible in case of emergency tho.
>>
>>44493091
Attempt diplomacy, split with keep watch of the village.
>>
Next one and Ill get some sleep, will continue later guise.
>>
>>44493091
Try to approach the humans peacefully with a basket of fruits and berries as a sign of peace.
>>
File: chrip.png (425 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
chrip.png
425 KB, 405x600
>>44493156
seconding this.
>>
Saarin starts training some of the other harpies in fighting while the youngs observe. Flying, descending, attacking and flying again. They also practice hunting with new tactics and coordinate fly.

They store some wood to burn, tho it will be hard to make it really effective.

Meanwhile a group of harpies went to the village with some gifts, the humanos seem surprised and curious about the harpies. They are a bit uncorfortable so act a bit aggressive. The humans accept the gifts.

A red flag is the symbol in this small todo, and some humans go fishing in ships while some others go north following the shore.

We both didnt understand words from each other, but with time it could work.

Thats all far today, Ill continue in some hours hope it is going well. Ill get the doc ready too
>>
>>44493389
Sleep well.
>>
>>44493389
Goodnight.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.