[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/exg/ - Exalted General: Sidereal Rising
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 14
File: 1445628660280.jpg (548 KB, 528x1416) Image search: [Google]
1445628660280.jpg
548 KB, 528x1416
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Online charsheet:
http://howsfamily.net/Exalted
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

What has been/is the most memorable/favourite Sidereal character in a game you've played/run?
>>
>>44421826
My instinct here is that if the Siddies are memorable, something has already gone terribly wrong. Not that they're Extras or anything, but their preferred M.O. is to blend into the background while subtly arranging events to fit their plans.

If there's a fucker glowing violet and about to punch you into a duck, his plans have already gone completely pear shaped. Which I suppose is also memorable, if you're the one who fucked them up.
>>
>>44421826
>What has been/is the most memorable/favourite Sidereal character in a game you've played/run?

Exalted Modern Chosen of Journey, halfway between Jason Statham's Transporter and Breaking Bad's Jonathan Banks I built for a one-shot game.

The player made the character, obviously, and he ended up being the most enjoyable character to appear in that game.
>>
>>44422730
>The player made the character
By which I mean his interpretation of the character is what made it so enjoyable.
>>
>>44422730
I was thinking of making a character with a bit of a Transporter ethic, how did your player handle it?
>>
>>44423183
Oh, he was way closer to Banks in Breaking Bad in the ethics department. Statham inspired the crazy car antics he got up to (which started with a 14 successes car frontflip to catch some of the party members as they fell from the top of a skyscraper, landing perfectly and at full speed and proceeding to escape the Dragon-blooded Pilot and Heavy on his tail by sliding the car between a heavy truck's front and back wheels at a crossroads).

I gave the character a Tiger Comet (that artifact James Bond car from Shards, which I find utterly brilliant) with the pseudo Arcane Fate effect they come with, so he could really get up to spectacular shit without breaking his role as a Sid (that was necessary because it was an Action Movie one-shot, not an actual Sid campaign).
>>
>>44422083
>their preferred M.O. is to blend into the background while subtly arranging events to fit their plans.
One of their iconic representations in the 3E Core is swole as fuck 8ft grandpa with badass beard and axe almost as big as him. I guess that some Sidereals prefer more straightforward approach to things just like not every Solar is hypersexualized, larger-than-life conqueror or mad scientist.
>>
What are your favourite inspirations for Dawn characters?
>>
>>44424931
Clash of Clans character
>>
>>44424956
What?
>>
So why does Brawl get a shiny transformation power and nobody else? Why can't Melee or Thrown get a Ascendant Battle Visage equivalent?
>>
>>44425764
Goku punched people
>>
>>44425764

Thrown doesn't because that's literally opposite to Thrown's battle-plan (hit first, hit hard, pray nobody's in a position to kick my ass at the start of turn 2). Similar for Archery (suck while building up init, then unload a decisive that puckers everyone's asshole, return to sucking while building up init).

Melee has Immortal Blade Triumphant which I guess you could expand into a bigger, badder version if you cared that much.
>>
>>44425764
Because Brawl is about BECOMING a weapon. All you need to unleash ungodly retribution on your foes is you. Besides, look what Charms lead up to ABV. All of them are about becoming incarnation of battle and focusing your raw skill and intuition on violence.

Also, nothing is stoping you from making your own Devil Trigger for Melee or whatever.
>>
>>44425783
From what I remember, the Brawl Capstone is supposed to be taking inspiration from Oni in Street Fighter IV.
>>
Okay, this is a pretty weird request but I'm thinking of making evocations for an orichalcum Grand Grimcleaver based around... not using it. Or rather, I want the evocations to incentivise using other abilities as much as Melee.

My ideas so far are: a) Some kind of charge-up mechanic that means I get powerful attacks but can only use the axe once every two turns, b) I bury the axe in the ground for a turn like a Leak-iteration Volcano Cutter, c) I throw the axe and it has no return mechanics (or a reward for using Call the Blade after a turn, rather than instantly).

Apart from the above I have nothing in specific in mind for the themes or powers so I'm open to suggestions.
>>
>>44425908

In fact after making Infernal charms its very easy to do such a thing with evocations. I wanted to try and replicate the Angi and Rudra blades from DMC3 for some time, with Devil Trigger being a capstone.
>>
Speaking of Brawl, do you need a charm or something to parry lethal attacks unarmed, and if so what page does it say that?
>>
>>44426827
You chuck it in the air and a dice roll determines how many rounds before it comes down (and leaves a crater where it lands), necessitating you fight unarmed until it does and have no control over how long that will be.
>>
I know that demon blooded are a thing; is it possible to be the Ebon Dragon's offspring because I think he is the only Yozi that isn't a landmass?
>>
>>44426852
Going on 2/2.5 as written all the Yozi can have multiple jouten and all have a humanoid jouten that they use to gangrape new Infernals into submission.

Specifically, according to TED's stat block he has a single jouten, but can make it take any shape he pleases so could indeed become human-shaped if he need to fuck someone.

That aid, the Yozi aren't Demons, you should be thinking of one of his sub-souls rather than him to be your parent
>>
>>44426840
You can parry lethal with a stunt, most MAs let you innately parry or deal lethal, and then there's Charms like Fists of Iron Technique that cover for the people too boring to stunt.

>>44426852
1) Being a geographical feature has literally never stopped the Titans from siring life when they want to. (Kimbery, Adorjan's daughters)
2) Yes, in theory, one of the Titans could have given birth to a playably-weak individua (which would probably be rendered as a demon- or god-blood)l, but it'd be rare. Most of their offspring are behemoth-class if not stronger.
>>
>>44426840
>Speaking of Brawl, do you need a charm or something to parry lethal attacks unarmed, and if so what page does it say that?
Without a stunt, yes. Pages 151, 273 and 279.

>>44426851
I like that one. Any thoughts on a mechanical effect for that?

One of my ideas for option a actually was some kind of charge that builds up from disuse. It starts the fight at 0, and as long as the character is holding it it gets +1 every turn. Attacking with it uses up the charge, and it gets an effect at +3, +5, +7 and +9 (for instance).
>>
>>44426852
The Ebon Dragon is the night sky of Hell, he's as muh a geographical feature as Adorjan
>>
>>44426893
>Jouten gang-raping infernals into submission
Well this I did not know; is this in the Infernals book? I've heard that book is pretty awful.

I'm just wondering what the limit is when it comes to making half-demons. The Ebon Dragon is actually one of the neater sounding Yozi, and I want to make one related to him? (Or descended from one of his soul hierarchies, it's difficult talking about this.)
>>
>>44426993
>Well this I did not know; is this in the Infernals book? I've heard that book is pretty awful.

Polite society dictates that the first two chapters of MoEP: Infernals are willfully ignored, but the fact is they do exist and what they said was somewhat relevant to your question.

Demon-Blooded definitely should have a member of the soul hierarchy as their parent rather than the actual Yozi themselves. Avoid the fetich, it's overdone and tends to make your character a bit of a spoiled brat, like a kid who spits at employees because their dad is the CEO.
>>
>>44427043
Basically the first two chapters were written very badly by one group of authors, the other chapters were written excellently by a different group of authors, and neither group of authors communicated very much if at all.

Hence why Infernals was probably both the best and worst book to come out of 2E, simultaneously.
>>
Fetich?
Which circle is that exactly?
>>
>>44427190
The Fetish is the first among equals of the Yozi's 2rd Circle Demons/Souls. It's their heart, the one that reflects their true nature more than any other.

Malfeas' Fetich is Ligier.
>>
>>44427190
Third Circle. It's basically the most important of a Yozi's Third Circle Souls, and the destruction of a Fetich means a great deal of damage to the Yozi along with radical changes in its nature.
>>
>>44427245
>The Fetish is the first among equals of the Yozi's 2rd Circle Demons/Souls.

Third Circle, but the rest is accurate.
>>
>>44427245
*3rd, fuck

If you kill any other 3rd circle soul you would the Yozi, it loses a piece of itself, but it can recover. you kill their fetich and the Yozi and it's entire soul structure implode into a puddle of blank essence, which only exists insofar as it can wait until it has the Willpower and motes to creat a new fetich and from there reform as a new (similar, but lesser) Yozi
>>
>>44421826

I wonder if the artist realizes that the squiggly thing Gilgamesh is holding is the bull's tail.
>>
Ah I see, I think then that I'm okay?
I was playing around with making either a small family/group of craftsmen descended from Alveua. Or maybe a larger group of things connected to Mara; either spooky kids she's had or people who've survived her visits.
>>
Honestly though I am beginning to think I don't understand the Demon's role in creation and what they would be used for in-setting.
>>
>>44428067

What? They are just summoner fuel to do pretty much anything for the summoner. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.
>>
>>44425764
Because Goku. That's the entirety of the expentation, don't let people like >>44426835 convince you there's any more profound meaning to it. There isn't.
>>
>>44428212
Well yeah that's what normal people use them for; but these are half demons working with demons. So odds are they're just letting the demons do what they want.

Sometimes demons seem harmless or even helpful. Other times they're evil for no reason.
>>
>>44428622

Welcome to Primordials. They are so far beyond our understanding you never know what they are going to do.
>>
>>44428301

What 'profound meaning'?

I merely said if one wanted to do such a thing its trivally easy to do so with evocations.
>>
>>44428687
Which can make designing either a family or spooky Martial arts group/sorcerer's group involving them surprisingly difficult.
>>
>>44428622
>Other times they're evil for no reason.
Demons aren't evil for no reason.They come from a place that is inherently cruel, dangerous and ruled by mad tyrants. They are made for tasks that are often violent or strange. They are alien to Creation and its folk.Overall, you should treat them like people with very strange quirks. If you are trying to make some kind of demon-blooded family working with actual Demnons then I don't know what is your problem.
>>
>>44429944
>Demons aren't evil for no reason

This, though because of that very alien nature they can come off like it to your average Creation inhabitant.
>>
So have you ever made a cool half-demon/god/ghost/fey or whatever?
>>
>>44433232
I played a Godblooded who was born fully formed, armed, and armored atop a powerful mare. They both arose from the mingled ashes of a self-immolating Marukani shaman and the essence of Marukan's mother goddess, and were born for the express purpose of harrying the restless dead back to the Underworld.

It was fun, he kind of assumed everyone else was born the way he was too.
>>
>>44434072
Assuming you are. Which is actually not what I noticed, in my experience players mostly focus on their own shtick, on roleplaying and trying to influence the story. I don't really expect people to be so good at multitasking to be able to roleplay well AND pay close enough attention to what the GM is doing and why to get better at it. Then again, I've met some reeeaaal bricks in my time, people who wouldn't be able to run a game if their life depended on it.

I think that the best way to learn how to GM is to just GM and I stand by it, playing games teaches you how to play well, not how to run well and those are rather different roles in the medium as it is.
>>
>>44434275
Ooops. wrong thread. Sorry guys, carry on. I shouldn't be posting so late.
>>
>>44434072
Sounds more like an Exigent now than a God-blooded.
>>
Playing in a future 2e (I know, I know...) campaign. Our ST is using (or planning to use) the Mandate of Heaven rules. What do I do? Is there a better system for that purpose?
>>
Thoughts on artifacts that could enhance sorcery other than the Talisman in the book? Also, limits on what's appropriate? Flat bonus to shaping as long as you're using the artifact? Bonuses to accuracy and damage rolls on sorcerous attacks, sort of like a weapon? How about an artifact that enhances sourcerous working rolls?
>>
>>44435258

Any questions pertaining to 2e are just responded with play 3e.
>>
>>44435258

Use the Creation-Ruling Mandate rules in Masters of Jade.
>>
>>44435276
>Thoughts on artifacts that could enhance sorcery other than the Talisman in the book?
Books, staves, body parts (especially ones you graft onto your own body) all seem appropriate.

>Also, limits on what's appropriate? Flat bonus to shaping as long as you're using the artifact?
Gross, boring. I could maybe see such an Evocation but it'd have to be something thematic, not just "I get +1 when I do sorcery through my method of sorcery."

>Bonuses to accuracy and damage rolls on sorcerous attacks, sort of like a weapon?
VERY limited bonuses, since most attack spells are already statted up as weapons already, or given bonus dice/successes accounting for the fact that they aren't weapons.

>How about an artifact that enhances sourcerous working rolls?
See #1.

Any Evocation on a sorcerous-artifact had better firmly and thoroughly express THAT artifact's way of doing sorcery, not just "being a sorcerer while also holding a stick."
>>
>>44435276

>Also, limits on what's appropriate?

Depends on the theme. A shield that grants sorcerous motes upon a successful parry could be handy. Generally, anything that allows you to create pools of motes quickly and easily wouldn't fly. There's always a catch, needing to feed on fire or start the scene in shadows for example.

>Bonuses to accuracy and damage rolls on sorcerous attacks, sort of like a weapon?

File this one under "Powerful, but Boring." It's not really something you want.

>How about an artifact that enhances sourcerous working rolls?

Probably not a good idea, unless it's used as a Means. Slinging a full Int+Occult Excellency for 20 dice on a Working with one Finesse is statistically going to let you hit the first tier of Solar Workings at least. Even giving Double 9's could skew that heavily in the players favour.
>>
>>44435492
>>44435412
Any quick thoughts on interesting sorcerous artifacts then? I'd thought up an artifact smith's hammer which gave story-long motes for crafting artifacts for a player of mine.(luckily, he ended up switching to a different character rather than keeping that craft supernal Twilight)
>>
Am I the only one that thinks extra means are the most boring thing ever to get out of something?
>>
Can I get extra sorcerous motes from human sacrifice?
>>
>>44435830
Sure, with a relevant shaping ritual (and thus a relevant initiation). Pretty sure the Ifrit Lord Pact will give you some extra motes for sacrificing a slave (based on their Resources value).

>>44435775
They are; I greatly prefer when means are descriptive (ie, this thing does a thing that could count as a Means) rather than prescribed ('this thing counts as Means, and that's all it does').
>>
>>44435830
If your shaping ritual supports it, sure.
There's probably one out there that does that, somewhere.
>>
>>44435830
>>44435917
>>44435932
I wrote up a ritual for that once, want me to dig it up?
>>
>>44435968
I know I'd like to see it.
>>
>>44435989
The Sorcerer can ritually draw blood (a miscellaneous action in combat) from a target that’s either willing (including himself) or can’t meaningfully resist, such as someone bound, heavily drugged or just grappled by an ally or servant. The Sorcerer rolls (Wits+Occult) with (Essence of victim) automatic successes and gains that many sorcerous motes, which last until the end of the scene. In exchange the victim suffers an equal amount of lethal damage as its lifeforce is sapped away. Note that the Sorcerer must take the entire amount he rolled, even if it would mean killing the victim (or himself). If the victim dies in this fashion, the motes last for an entire week.
>>
>>44436047
>insta-kill if you can get a grappled target

Haha no.
>>
>>44436075
I'll admit, I'm not exactly sure about that one. Maybe it should just work against completely helpless targets.
>>
Uh.

How to say this.

My ST insists on using the Mandate of Heaven ruleset.

What do?
>>
>>44436260

Find a Storyteller who is not a dipshit and runs a 3e game.
>>
>>44436136

It's also basically never going to be used on the sorcerer himself, which I dunno if that was intentional or not, since he's going to be eating ~5 HLs for a mere 5sm.

Depending on what, exactly, the initiation this is for is themed around, there's a couple different ways to go about this.

If it's a more general "blood itself is the source" Aztec/Metagaos-y thing, I'd maybe go something like: let the sorcerer self-injure 1Agg to gain 3sm or cutting out a willing/helpless sacrifice's heart for (5+Ess)sm on the spot as a miscellaneous action. The former lasts for the scene, the latter lasts for... idk, a week, and you can't have more than 10sm total stored up this way.

Something like that, anyway.
>>
>>44436260
Do things that don't directly interact with that system? Like craft doomsday devices while everybody else mucks around with governing.
>>
What shaping rituals would you suggest for a not!Philosopher's stone?
>>
How many dots would an artifact automaton be that fights at 2CD level? 4, 5?Also, what limitations or requirements be put on it a large commited cost for attunement, a hearthstone? Also, how strong should an N/A level artifact automaton be?
>>
>>44437601
>How many dots would an artifact automaton be that fights at 2CD level

Just make a Sorcerous Working to do that. It makes more sense. It would be Ambition 3 Celestial. If you want it to be a robot you could just do a major craft project to build a metal frame to imbue with the power of the working.
>>
>>44437674
What if I want the artifact at chargen to fulfill a concept?
>>
>>44434922
I'm totally making him an Exigent with a bunch of rider themed charms, yes.
>>
>>44437601
>How many dots would an artifact automaton be that fights at 2CD level? 4, 5?
If it does so right out of the gate? 5 with heavy limtations or N/A.

If it does so after significant Evocation investment? I could maybe see getting away with 4 or 5.

>Also, what limitations or requirements be put on it a large commited cost for attunement, a hearthstone?
Insufficient information. "An automaton" doesn't tell us jack shit.

>Also, how strong should an N/A level artifact automaton be?
As strong as a Warstrider, I imagine.

>>44437781
Starting with a 2CD-tier combatant is going to cost more than some dots on your sheet, dawg, whether it's a Working or not.
>>
>>44437781

Allies merit? Just fluff it as being a working. Probably 5 dot merit. 2CDs are weaker then Celestial Exalted but you have added control over the Ally that you would not have normally.
>>
>>44437934
The way I see it, a well made combat Solar can fight toe to toe with a 2CD at chargen(based one how a certain essence 1 Solar beat the crap out of Ahlat, who is essence 7 to most 2CD's 5-6) a 5-dot ally can be a Solar and this artifact would require commitment/hearthstone/some other investment on top of xp investment in the form of evocations.

Also, in terms of specifics I was thinking of something like those golems from the Blackrose-rescuing adventure in 2e, both of who's names I've forgotten. Something-arete-something, I think, they personally fought alongside Roseblack.
>>
>>44438196

A custom background might work best then. Just line it up in costs for allies. Having it be an artifact is something that is an unneeded. And the Golems don't really seem like an Artifact or even First Age Artifice just plain old magic.
>>
File: infernal monster style.jpg (709 KB, 1909x1397) Image search: [Google]
infernal monster style.jpg
709 KB, 1909x1397
>>
>>44438245
Eh, probably right. Could balance it via quirks in the working so that it'd actually be truly loyal without it being overpowered. Most of the reason I tried with artifact is that workings seems like the easy answer for everything.
>>
>>44438360

Such is the nature of the beast. I've even jumped the XP costs up considerably (to 2/4/8/10/12/16/18/20/24 for each of the ambitions) and they're still good investments.
>>
>>44438562
Honestly, I might bring that up with my group, even though I want to play a sorcerer, I guess in your version there's no discount for performing workings below the circle you're capable of?
>>
>>44438628

Correct; also no surcharge for swinging up.

The balance point was Celestial-2 at 12XP, making it slightly more expensive than an unFavored Charm (which made sense to me, since Celestial-2 Workings almost always are "basically a Charm" but with a wider thematic reach).
>>
Seems to me that any time stopping options should be totally off limits since it's be absolutely over powered, so how do I represent, say, Dio's The World?
>>
>>44439700

The cheatiest, simplest way is probably to have the Charm create a "phantom turn" when used, to the point it might even look like King Crimson in effect.

So something like: Dio activates The World; he "respires" 5 motes immediately for the turn that theoretically passed, gains (a Dex+Ability) roll's worth of init for the withering attacks he theoretically made, and select targets around him have to roll Wits+Dodge against an environmental hazard of "SUDDENLY, KNIVES."

There's some other ways you could try, creating actual turns of varying degrees of powerful/weak, but it'd be a tuning process.
>>
>>44439757
I like this idea, especially since it allows for attacks without necessarily making them unblockable and undodgeable like The World would actually do.
>>
>>44436286

This.

Let me guess, he thinks Ink Monkey stuff is shit right?
>>
>>44427313
part of the point of that image though is how the relief artist was misinterpreting imagery of how Gilgamesh and Enkidu "actually looked" according to the Nasuverse.

For example, how Gilgamesh's beard in the relief carving is "actually" just a necklace.

kind of a visual version of telephone.
>>
The World
Cost: 8m, 1 wp; Mins: Essence 3 ; Type: Reflexive
Keywords:
Duration: One Turn
Prerequisite Charms: Star Platinum

This charm allows the Stand User to automatically take another turn. The Stand User may perform a withering attack with (Essence) bonus successes, a decisive attack with (Essence/2) bonus damage, rounding up, or create an environmental hazard with a difficulty of (Throw + Essence)/2 that inflicts lethal damage equal to (Thrown/2) rounding up.
>>
King Crimson
Cost: 5m; Mins: Essence 2 ; Type: Simple
Keywords:
Duration: One turn
Prerequisite Charms:

The Stand User may use this charm at the beginning of his turn, before making any other actions. At the beginning of his next turn, undo all changes to health levels, initiative, mote pools, and environmental effects since the usage of this charm. Move actions or other location changes are not affected. For his next turn, he gains a bonus of (Ess/2) bonus dice to withering or decisive attack rolls, rounding up for withering and down for decisive.
>>
File: Worf Laughing.gif (1 MB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
Worf Laughing.gif
1 MB, 255x255
>>44441257
>>
File: 1451194300708.gif (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1451194300708.gif
3 MB, 720x480
>>44441257
Solar Charm: The Textbook Edition
>mfw
>>
>>44441298
>>44441321
In what ways are these bad mechanical effects?
>>
>>44441335
I didn't say it was bad.
I meant it's fucking beautiful. Can't you see from the grinning and gloriousnessnenss >>44441321?
>>
>>44441335
It's a 5m perfect defence against anything and everything (including death as it's currently written since you undo all damage and come back to life on your next turn), that can be used every turn and has no downside.
>>
>>44441346
Also it returns your initiative to the total from the previous round, so once you have enough you can make decisive attacks every round forever.
>>
>>44441346
>>44441359
Also your get any motes spent on other charms back so you can nova every round without fear. And since you regenerate 5 motes/round and this is the only charm you will ever spend motes on, it's effectively free and permanent.
>>
>>44441346
But you don't gain any initiative either, and you can't deal any damage either. If you use this every turn, it just ends up in a stalemate. It's more useful for manipulating character positions are running away.

What about the other charm?
>>
>>44441457
It sure doesn't read that way.
>>
>>44441541
It says undo ALL changes to health levels etc.

What do you suggest to make it more clear/balanced/good?

And the first charm?
>>
What is the Mandate of Heaven and why is it supposedly so bad?
>>
if i spend peripheral 3m then a different peripheral 3m in one action, does that count as the 5m to flare my anima?
what about on different actions but within the same turn or round?
>>
>>44442036
The rule is

>When your character spends five or more motes of Peripheral Essence in an instant

"Instant" isn't defined, but I'd say that it's shorter than your turn but encompasses an entire action (simple or reflexive or anything else). Using two different charms on the same action would flare your anima, but using two different actions in the same turn would not.

Instant is also referred to in the Night Caste anima power, so bear in mind that a different definition for "Instant" will also affect that power.
>>
>>44441959
It's not bad, it's just not very good for the average game of Exalted in which you want to interact with your cities, the people within and their projects rather than completely abstracting everything down to a bunch of dice rolls.
>>
>>44441571
>First Charm
Add 'None of these count as the Exalt's Combat Action this turn' so that they don't, if you're trying to do that.

>King Crimson:
Add a WP cost that doesn't get refunded, and say the Motes spent on this charm also don't refill.

This is just my opinion, but I would maybe consider allowing the second one into a game with those changes.
>>
What small effect might a Linowan tiger mask have?
Synergy with Tiger Style or not is fine.
>>
>>44442485
>say the Motes spent on this charm also don't refill.
It'd be simpler to just double the cost.
>>
>>44442594
I've been imagining that they're functionally identical to Yasal Crystals. They contain a small god and give the wearer abilities; sounds like an accurate comparison to me.

So, imagining you took both Artifact 2 and either Ally or Retainer for the spirit (because that way you dodge the fact that Yasal Crystal spirits get pissed with you after a while), and you were also lazy/unconfident enough to just take a spirit charm from the book, maybe your character has something similar to Brutal Ape Pounce? I don't really know Tiger Style, but I think tigers have been known to pounce on things.

For ease, it's on p525.

Brutal Ape Pounce (4m; Simple; Instant; Withering-only;
Essence 1): If the blood-ape deals 5+ damage to an enemy
with this withering attack, that character is knocked prone.
If the Initiative damage brought them below the demon’s
Initiative, the blood-ape may pay a point of Willpower to re-
flexively make a decisive attack against them. The reflexive
attack power of this Charm can only be used once per fight
unless reset by landing three successful withering attacks.
>>
What are some interesting ways to gain sorcery in the North?
>>
>>44442692
Raging Tiger Pounce makes any attack auto knock prone, and yeah, Tiger Style has a lot of pounces and rushes.
Maybe something that fits into Tiger Style, or something distinct from it would be better.
>>
>>44442612
You're right, I was misreading it and got the impression that it's effect already recovered it's cost. Yeah, doubling the cost seems okay.

This does seem a lot more like a Sidereal charm than anything else though.
>>
>>44442731

1) Succoring the Ice Queen, one of a couple dozen Raksha with that title.
2) Freezing your eyes solid, until they turn into permanent scrying orbs.
3) Bond with the spirit of polar bears.
>>
>>44442878
Okay that second one sounds horrifying.
>>
>>44443056

SORCERY IS NOT FOR THE MEEK.
>>
File: f9uwV.jpg (309 KB, 800x2400) Image search: [Google]
f9uwV.jpg
309 KB, 800x2400
>>44442731
Climbing to the highest peaks and listening, where words of power still echo from before the first age. Book-nerd wizards need not apply, if you want to climb extravagantly impossible mountains.

Didn't intend to make this a Skyrim-reference, but having written it that's clearly how it worked out.
>>
>>44443459
>Climb Mt. Meru
>SORCERY!
>>
>>44424931

General Georgs S. Patton.

Seriously, look him up. He's so Dawn caste I'm almost certain the devs were inspired by him.
>>
>>44443597
Yeah, I forgot that the biggest peak is the central one. Most remote, then. Out where there's not even any snow any more, just ice, rock, and the wind.
>>
>>44443842
Huraka mosh pits.
>>
>>44442318

I think the CRM system handled it best.

Hell for one game I had city stuff was done with the Fate Core system while the rest was normal exalted. Worked out pretty well.
>>
>>44438196
>The way I see it, a well made combat Solar can fight toe to toe with a 2CD at chargen(based one how a certain essence 1 Solar beat the crap out of Ahlat, who is essence 7 to most 2CD's 5-6) a 5-dot ally can be a Solar and this artifact would require commitment/hearthstone/some other investment on top of xp investment in the form of evocations.
I'm not sure that's fair. Keep in mind that the Solar vs Ahlat fight was 1) dependent on misinterpreting certain Brawl charms and didn't actually function RAW or RAI 2) deliberately ignored an ability Ahlat had that would have kept him in the fight.

Also keep in mind that the person who designed that Solar build then went on to try and build a Solar that could solo Octavian, an actual 2nd circle demon, but failed because Octavian was simply too damn tough.

I think you are severely underestimating how powerful 2CDs are, and how beneficial having a 2CD tier robot buddy would be.
>>
>>44443842
Isn't there already a town like that out in the far North?
One of the new places. Reminded me of Shangri-La or something.Thousands of people with wizardry then.
>>
>>44444650

>I think you are severely underestimating how powerful 2CDs are

First Octavian is the minmaxed Dawn Solar of 2CDs. No other 2CD is going to be nearly as powerful so you are setting the bar too high anyway.

Second its still an 8XP Sorcerous Working. 5 dots of a merit is worth 15 XP so if you get 5 dots of roboally that covers it. Hell if you use this guys Sorcerous Working system it is a 16 XP Sorcerous Working. So 15 XP or 5 dot merit sounds right.
>>
>>44444865
>No other 2CD is going to be nearly as powerful
I disagree. There's thousands of 2CDs. Octavian is a combat-focused 2CD, but he's hardly the only one.
>>
>>44444911

There are also 60 Dawn Solars. Not every one of them is the Minmaxed combat Dawn Solar.
>>
Could infernal/abyssal/solar kids end up exalting in a different way?
Like an Abyssal's son ends up becoming a Solar, an Infernal's daughter an Abyssal and so on?
>>
>>44444988
and why do you think Octavian is minmaxed so much more than the other 2CDs?
>>
>>44445078

Compare him against every other 2CD we knew about in all the editions. He is suppose to be the powerful badass.
>>
>>44445044

Sounds fun. As long as it creates interesting tension and drama its OK. I had a Solar who was the daughter of a Bronze Faction Sidereal once. Obviously things did not go well.
>>
>>44445098
he's stronger than the other 2CDs we know about, because he's the only Combat 2CD we know about. That's like comparing a Dawn to a Twilight, then declaring the Dawn a minmaxed pinnacle of Dawn power because he can beat the Twilight.
>>
>>44441227
>>44441257
Can you make Killer Queen?
>>
>>44444865

>First Octavian is the minmaxed Dawn Solar of 2CDs.

Horseshit. Others stronger than him exist. There was another one based on speed which didn't have the durability but had high defenses and could really rack on pain.
>>
>>44445044
>Could infernal/abyssal/solar kids end up exalting in a different way?
> Like an Abyssal's son ends up becoming a Solar, an Infernal's daughter an Abyssal and so on?
It's not impossible, but it'd be rare as fuck simply because Exalting in any fashion is rare as fuck. Having said that, if it leads to good stories, go for it.
>>
>>44445154

>Who is Lucien
>Who is Gervesin
>Who is Florivet
>>
>>44445195
Well the Yozi and the Neverborn are in contact with one another; one such kid might be a good way for the two to contact one another.
>>
>>44445321

No, they absolutely are not. The Yozi want nothing to do with the Neverborn, save Ebby and his love of forbidden things, and would preferably throw them into the sun.
>>
But wasn't that how they got the GSP and everything?
>>
>>44445587

Through a proxy, and a super tense alliance that broke the literal second they both got what they wanted.

It's less "hey we can help each other" and more "oh god you're horrible and filled with super-cancer and everything you touch gets worse, but you have a guy on the outside."
>>
File: img000031.jpg (418 KB, 953x1400) Image search: [Google]
img000031.jpg
418 KB, 953x1400
>>44438324
Feng Shen Ji is basically exalted. It's also the best fighting manga/manwha/manhua I have ever read. I just can't stop reading this shit, even though it is barely coherent at time, everything is so perfect.
>>
>>44445801
Why'd the Yozis only ask for fifty souls though?
>>
>>44447370

In 2e? Because they (rightly) assumed the Deathlords would screw up and fail to capture all or even a majority of the Solar Exaltations, so asking for 50 made them look magnanimous ("You could get up to 250!") while also hedging their bets against the incompetence of the undead.
>>
>>44441227
>>44441257

Revised Stand Charms from Yesterday

The World
Cost: 8m, 1+ wp; Mins: Essence 3 ; Type: Reflexive
Keywords:
Duration: One Turn
Prerequisite Charms: Star Platinum

This charm allows the Stand User to automatically take another turn. The Stand User may perform a withering attack with (Essence/2) bonus successes, a decisive attack with +1 bonus damage, or create an environmental hazard with a difficulty of (Throw + Essence)/2 that inflicts lethal damage equal to (Thrown/2) rounding up. Performing any of these actions requires an additional point of willpower. The user may perform movement actions without cost.

Using charms that target anyone other than the user costs an additional 2m per charm.

King Crimson
Cost: 10m; Mins: Essence 2 ; Type: Simple
Keywords:
Duration: One turn
Prerequisite Charms:

The Stand User may use this charm at the beginning of his turn, before making any other actions. At the beginning of his next turn, undo all changes to health levels, initiative, mote pools, and environmental effects since the usage of this charm. Move actions or other location changes are not affected. If he makes a stealth attempt, he gains (Essence/2) bonus non-charm dice.

New Charm Attempts

Star Platinum
Cost: 8m; Mins: Brawl 3, Essence 2 ; Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Withering-Only
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms:

The user may make a withering attack up to short range, and gain (Brawl/2) bonus dice to the attack roll.

This charm can be activated reflexively in response to a withering attack. Increase the Stand Users natural soak by (Brawl) in exchange for 1 lethal health level of damage.
>>
>>44447884
Any criticism or thoughts are welcomed, since I really want to get better at making balanced and fun charms.

These aren't Solar charms, but should be Solar-tier in power.
>>
>>44447884
>>44447933

These feel like you're trying to literally replicate the Stand's use in the manga, as opposed to how its power might look on a sheet. The Thrown part of The World stands out especially.

Also, nobody in the universe is going to use the decisive usage of The World, because "+1 bonus damage" does not at all compare to "shit out a free 3L against anyone who can't beat a difficulty 4 [UNDEFINED] roll."

The Charm is really just all over the place, and doesn't feel like using The World at all. It feels like farting knives out of your ass.

Why is Star Platinum a soak booster, AND a range booster in a single Essence 2 Charm? If you're trying to have it represent the entire Stand, that isn't going to work.

Why the fuck is King Crimson Essence 2, at all. And also massive memory-issues; why is the Charm partially rewinding time when that isn't what the Stand did?
>>
>>44447884
>At the beginning of his next turn, undo all changes to health levels, initiative, mote pools, and environmental effects since the usage of this charm.

So this applies to the entire world then?
>>
>>44447884
It really looks like you're trying to do too many things with one charm. In 3e it's clear that the design paradigm is quantity over quality- charms do less things each but you have more of them.

Also, as a rule, a charm that creates an attack is simple, not reflexive. And that is even besides the fact that a charm that allows you to take another turn is always going to be completely broken.

My advice? Stay clear of charm design because you clearly can't do it well. I know, it sucks, but this is simply the nature of the beast- there are no actual guidelines on how to create charms so you need a lot of intuition. You clarealy don't have it. Sorry.
>>
>>44448205
So... Exigents. Shit or double shit, according to you?
>>
>>44448205

As the person who made the Alchemical set, I'd say for him to keep going. My first charms for 2e were fucking HORRIBLE but it was only by hearing the criticisms of others mixed with "You should stop posting" did I get better.

Takes time, but with all art your skill improves over time.
>>
>>44444444

>>44447884
Star Platinum

How the hell is a counter-attack Supplemental?
>>
>>44448363

It's not; he stuck an entirely separate second usage on the bottom of the Charm. He doesn't get to attack, he pays 8m+1lhl to gain (Brawl) soak.
>>
>>44447884
Revised Stand Charm "The World"

The World
Cost: 10m, 1 wp; Mins:Essence 3 ; Type: Simple
Keywords: Form
Duration: Indefinite
Prerequisite Charms:

You gain (Essence/2) non-charm successes to all withering attack rolls, and +1 bonus successes on decisive damage rolls.

Time Stop
Cost: 10m; Mins: Essence 3 ; Type: Reflexive
Keywords:
Prerequisite Charms: The World

The World must be active to use this charm.
Perform a withering or decisive attack on someone within close range. You do not gain the bonus dice/successes. You may also move one range band in any direction.

Unavoidable Malevolence
Cost: 5m, Mins: Essence 3 ; Type: Reflexive
Keywords:
Prerequisite Charms: Time Stop

You must use Time Stop during the instant you use this charm.
Create an environmental hazard targeting a single person with a difficulty of (Thrown+Essence)/2, inflicting (Thrown) dice of lethal damage. The defender may roll (Dex or Wits + Dodge) or (Sta + Resistance) to nullify the attack.

Revised Stand Charm "King Crimson"

King Crimson
Cost: 8m; Mins: Essence 2 ; Type: Simple
Keywords:
Prerequisite Charms:

Instantly move everyone within short range of you one range band in any direction. If you move someone who is falling downward, the distance they move is not calculated in falling damage. If you move them to the ground, they do not take falling damage.
>>
>>44448061
King Crimson charm does exactly what the stand did - teleport everyone to where they would be in the future. This is why Diavolo does not attack when his Stand is active, since all effects are removed.

>>44448061
>>44448205
>>44448326
Thank you all for your criticism and advice.
>>
>>44448675
>teleport everyone to where they would be in the future

That's not how it works. It's close, but it's not how it works. It eliminates the Cause while leaving the Effect. Which is why the blood trick worked with Polnareff. The blood still dripped in the erased time, we just don't see it happening.

It's just fancy ass time manipulation. And this only works as well as it does because of the Sub Stand, Epitaph, which sees the future.
>>
>>44421826
Hi /tg/, i picked up a copy of second edition core rules for £4, did i do good?
>>
>>44449072
Yes, it teleports the blood to where it would be in the future. Polnareff does not actually lose any blood, since as far as time is concerned, the blood didn't fall.
Time line

--[A]--[B]--
If King Crimson is used at point A and ends at point B, everyone's memories except Diavolo's between these two points is erased. Any injuries suffered are removed, which is why Diavolo doesn't attack anyone. But at point B there is more blood on the ground, which is why the blood trick works.

Technically it is time manipulation, but it's easier to represent as teleporting everyone around.
>>
I remember seeing a SMA a while back for 2e that was based around turning yourself into a Madoka Magica-style witch, but I don't remember the name or where I saw it. Any of you anons have a link to it?
>>
File: You.png (196 KB, 303x401) Image search: [Google]
You.png
196 KB, 303x401
>>44449120
>second edition
>>
>>44447370
>>44447413
This guy is pretty much right. Teddy basically said 50 souls as a way to hedge his bets. He was worried they wouldn't be able to catch them all (He was right) but he wanted a flat number so that if they only got say, 75 of them then the Yozi's still got a solid number. He was actually somewhat surprised they got 150 of them.
>>
>>44449400
>posting pigbald barcade
Why don't you go slit your throat with a spoon, you colossal faggot.
>>
>>44448282
Depends. If they actually provide guidelince so that people like the dude above can actually effectively design charm? Then great. They leave it as "you have to have a lot of intuitive understanding of the game" then pointless.

Is this soemthing you can learn by yourself through pratcice? Sure. But why not provide some theory to kickstart the process? It really reeks of this hoity fart-smelling notion of "we designed such great mechanics, bask in our presence and try to unlock it's secrets little peons, ho ho ho ho". Urgh. Just awful.
>>
>>44447370
Holden said something on the OPP forums a while back about how people should consider that maybe the Yozis wanted 50 specific exaltations.
>>
File: Youmad.gif (261 KB, 150x107) Image search: [Google]
Youmad.gif
261 KB, 150x107
>>44449608
>Can't refute the truth, reverts to shrill insults while crying bitch-tears
>>
>>44449120
I liked the fluff of second edition, but in terms of rules you're probably better off switching to 3e.
>>
Which would be more important to an unarmed, unarmoured MA?

>STR
>DEX
>STA
>>
>>44450074
APP
>>
>>44450074
Dexterity, though it might depend on the charms of the MA. A lot of STA or STR using charms will tilt it that way and might make up for DEX general importance.
>>
>>44450074
Also, are there any celestial MA's which do not belong to the Abyssal, Infernal or Lunar and are worth looking into?
>>
>>44449839
Nah, you're right about 2e. But you still should kill yourself for posting Pigbald.
>>
>>44450074
Unless you're a Brawler with Ascendant Battle Visage and Devil Strangling Attitude, or I guess a Martial Artist using a combination of Tiger, Earth Dragon and White Reaper, you will always want Dex highest. In the above situations, you'll want strength high. You probably want Stamina at 3 for Ox Body but a Supernal Resistance build might want Stamina 4 or 5.

tl;dr: You will never regret Dex 5.
>>
>>44450113
In 2e, pretty much everything is broken. Switch to 3e.

Also, CMA does not belong to any exalt type. Any celestial exalt can learn any MA, except for the expansion charms.
>>
>>44448643
So, any criticism or advice?
>>
>>44450074
Dexterity, but depending on the style you can certainly use an aditional stat. Snake- Dexterity solo, Tiger- Dexterity and Strength, Ebon Shadow- Dexterity solo, Pearl Courtesan- Dexterity and Socials.
>>
>>44449909
>I liked the fluff of second edition
Isn't this generally considered heresy of the highest order?
>>
>>44450349
No. Liking 2e's system or the first two chapters of Infernals is generally frowned upon, though.
>>
>>44450349

Depends.

If you liked the parts of 2E lore that were 1E lore copied and made more milquetoast, then whatever. If you liked the parts of 2E lore that were slobbery blowjobs to transPrimordial magitech citywinds, then get fucked. Game's called Exalted.
>>
>>44448643
>>44450262
This is cool as fuck and I love you
>>
>>44450406

Where should I go then? I want to play a demigod is a post-apocalyptic world where technomagical ruins are everywhere and you can pretty much do anything. What system would work best for me?
>>
>>44421826
What's the most original Night Caste-appropriate combat style that still works with the caste theme and abilities? Ebon Shadow Style and ranged weapons are cool, but overdone.
>>
>>44450682
Consider Numenera. I found it fun in actual play, and it's very simple compared to Exalted. (What isn't, aside from Shadowrun?)
>>
>>44450840

How much magic does it have? Because it has to have a lot of magic.
>>
>>44450484
Thank you! I'll keep making charms and getting better at making them.
>>
>>44450349
>Isn't this generally considered heresy of the highest order?
I won't fault someone for liking the 2e fluff unless I know what specific pieces of fluff they're talking about.

The level of quality in 2e fluff varied tremendously.
>>
>>44450882

It has ~nanomachines~ which function in all ways like magic, down to how they're treated in-universe.
>>
>>44450773
... But most in-theme. It's in-theme for a reason you know.

Other then that? Snake with stealth? Maybe Thrown with Dodge and Stealth?
>>
>>44450773
What about going melee, based on a dark-coloured Daiklaiv which helps you, in some way, to be more sneaky?
>>
File: Numenera-Ninth-World-Guidebook-1.jpg (507 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Numenera-Ninth-World-Guidebook-1.jpg
507 KB, 1600x1067
>>44450882
It has so much magic, or rather technomagic Clarke's Law weirdness. It's a simple three class d20 system, but even the Fighter-analog can start with gravity control or telepathy. And there's a subsystem around using scavenged pieces of technomagic gear to create one specific one-off effect, for those "fortunately I happen to have THIS" moments.

And it's got some pretty cool art, which I consider to be a major plus when it comes to RPGs. Seriously, it's the Technomagical Ruins game.
>>
>>44451059
Evocation
Cloaked in Blood
Cost: 4m; Mins:Melee 3, Essence 2 ; Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Decisive-Only
Prerequisite Charms:

Upon making a successful decisive attack, apply the current wound penalty of your opponent as bonus dice to an immediate attempt to establish stealth.

Something like this?
>>
>>44450840
I second this. Numenera is the best game in existance. I am super serious. It is the best game ever designed and Exalted has NOTHING on it.
>>
>>44451120
A bit steep for what may only be a +2 to Stealth, but interesting. What if it allowed you to reflexively re-establish stealth?
>>
>>44451120
Pretty much. Perhaps you can make a whole tree out of this.
>>
>>44451163
Yes, it's supposed to reflexively establish stealth.

>>44451189
Cool. I might try to make a charm tree out of it.
>>
>>44451250
Ah, right, missed the implication.

How many charms did you have in mind? Because I really like the way that the post-leak pdf cut down the evocation lists for each artifact. You could do three and have a pretty generous selection.
>>
File: Sneaky Blood Daiklaive v0.1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Sneaky Blood Daiklaive v0.1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44451361
Yeah, I already made like 5 which are probably really bad.
I was gonna make a lot more, but then I check the pdf and an artifact 5 Black Wind had only 5 evocations total.
After I get some feedback, I'll make v0.5
>>
>>44451660
Might be a bit generous with the unlock conditions. The Shining Ice Mirror ones are at least a bit inconvenient, but establishing stealth is trivial, and killing from stealth is what you were going to do anyway.
>>
Charm-wise, which would be better for combat in MA vs Melee?
Also, are there any Celestial MA that are anything like the dudes from Street Fighter or so?
>>
>>44441227
that's "zawurdo"
>>
>>44456934
I think it is possible that perhaps you have replied to the wrong post
>>
>>44450406

I like both.

Deal with it.
>>
>>44457131
Nah, he's just a shit-tier troll who passes through every week or two and posts in every thread on the board with shit-tier bait like that.
>>
>>44457131
its pasta anon

Pasta I find hilarious when its posted in Exalted or WoD threads because WW/Onyx Path have always been real fucking upfront about appealing to and including all sorts of people that may not be interested in "traditional fantasy" RPGs and thus are the furthest from screaming about "SJWs ruining stuff"
>>
>>44452729

Melee has infinite expansions, but some MA's, such as Shining Point or Tiger, do so much damage that its insane.

As for Street Fighter, I tried make an MA based around the DFO Nen Master (Literally Hadoken Mage) but I've hit a block in 3e on how to translate it.
>>
>>44458117
Can you upload what you have?
>>
>>44458117
How so?
If it's related to how the combat system works, I'd say just have it give the martial artist a thrown attack created by the charms/style that acts as a medium mundane/artifact weapon.

Because unless DFO is way different than I remember, you generally don't kill anything except the weakest of mooks in only a few attacks; everything up to the last few strikes can be represented as Withering attacks, or a mix of Withering and Decisive.

Personally, just based on what you've said, and having never watched gameplay for the Nen Master, I'd probably make it compatible with Chakrams and Boomerangs, or Unarmed once you get the Hadoken charm, and focus it around pumping the damage of your attacks by (Essence), or something along those lines.

Hell, give the Hadoken charm its own special weapon tag
>Essence: This weapon is powered by explicitly supernatural means. The wielder automatically adds their (Essence) to the raw damage of all Withering attacks.
And add a repurchase/upgrade later on that adds twice your Essence to the raw damage.
>>
>>44458163

Correction, 2. One is the Hadoken mage, the other is modeled after the DFO "Female Striker" which has direct homages to Street Fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S2RRW31ifs

Pardon for me linking to OPP forums, as I forgot to update my google doc versions when fixing those due to laziness.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/221709-blazing-lotus-flower-style-hadoken-mage-dfo-dnf-nen-master

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/227397-kaiser-champion-style-street-fighter-fighting-game-influenced-style-dfo-dnf-striker

Those work fine in 2e. I mean the second one explodes if you use high strength demons or such, but eh.

The 3e version for Blazing Lotus is here. It is HORRIFICALLY unbalanced, as I did this before my Alchemical homebrew around the time the second leak first hit. However I had some issues, mainly how to make the defense bubble work and such, it was a pain so I scrapped it in favor of schoolwork and promptly forgot about it. I did not have a grasp of mechanics at all when doing this, so be warned:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15raFmHB8tmsUW8CbiukXLEuL0Py5MOp4HJJ10-Ex_cg/edit

As for the Kaiser Champion style, I did have some ideas for the charms, such as One Inch Punch giving "Fuck off" bonuses against the one who was grappling you and muscle shift basically being a method in where you could make a standard withering attack then immediately channel it into a decisive attack (Which the style would be really good at). I just got stuck at the pre-form stuff and haven't given much thought into bringing that back yet.
>>
>>44458270

>If it's related to how the combat system works, I'd say just have it give the martial artist a thrown attack created by the charms/style that acts as a medium mundane/artifact weapon.

Did so. It's mainly the other issues I was having:

Nen Master has two ways to boost her attack power in game. Simulating Breath (Basic attacks count as magic, do light damage, and increased intelligence [which increases magical attack damage]), and Tiger's Roar (Attacks gain range, become bitching tigers heads, Nen Shots/Hadokens gain more damage, more intelligence). For me having two scene long damage adders is 'eh', so I'm trying to find a way around it. For Exalted 3e, I was planning on making the form do the following after thinking:

- Nullify mote cost on Wave Motion Fist, probably also buff that charm.
- Unarmed damage is calculated using Intelligence, not Strength.
- Kinda wanted to do something else with the form, couldn't think of anything.
- Tiger Roar would probably steal something form Single Point in that its powerful, but a single decisive attack will case it to blow its wad and need to be reactivated.
- Completely redo Essence Shield, probably something like giving soak against Decisive attacks while inside of it or something, again I haven't been thinking much of this.

I want to make this style, as I really like the thematics of the Nen Master (Plus learning how to wrap hadokens around your fist and beat people to death with them is awesome), but 'effort' and 'ideas'. I might come back to it after/during Infernals.
>>
>>44452729
Brawl is designed from almost the ground up for Street Fighter shenanigans.
>>
I'm helping one of my players out with some Glorious Solar Plate evocations, and he wants a theme along the lines of 'my armour is for protecting others'.

So far we've got the basic idea for two evocations: one that makes the enemy unable to attack your defensive target, even if they overcome your defence and another (presumably the capstone) that lets you flash two range-bands to get in the way of an attack aimed at your defensive target.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other evocations along this theme or thoughts on the two ideas we do have?
>>
>>44460517
One that protects from AoE attacks like Death of Obsidian Butterflies.
>>
>>44460529
I like that one. Thematic, fun and easy to stat. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>44450349
The absolute last thing you should care about is what some loser on the internet says about your tastes.
>>
>>44460517
Generally I wouldn't make it impossible to attack the original target. 3e seem to be moving away from such 'perfect' effects. Something that increases the cost of attacking the original target would be good though. (Must pay [Essence] initiative to do so in addition to that lost as normal?)

One that give the beneficiary of a Defend Other increased soak/hardness?
>>
>>44461151
There's a much better reason for not allowing it, that I noticed. It's already an existing charm in Unassailable Guardian Posture.
>>
>>44461175
Fair point. I actually hadn't spotted that one in there.
>>
Having been inspired by the guy who converted the Alchemicals to 3e. I've attempted to do the same for Sidereals. This is version 1.0 of what I've done (pretty much just chargen and charms) so far. If anyone has any comments or suggestions on how to make it better I'd appreciate hearing them.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15dK8fZaL-Kn-yGKxW6VRg_z6aF27FqbIf-t8ZEXmMC4/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>44462006

Nice work. Taking a look now.
>>
Just heard about Exalted and, given that it's Onyx Path/White Wolf and Luna and Sol Invictus line up so well, was wondering if anyone has collated Exalted and World of Darkness together?
>>
>>44462128
They haven't lined up since early 1e.
>>
>>44462128
1e Exalted was literally pre-historic 1e oWoD.
They threw out the connection with 2e, though; now, it's still totally possible for you to say the two worlds are connected, but it's not official in any way.

Hell, use the Well of Udr as a time portal and have it bring the circle to the modern day. The only question, then, is if you want to use WoD of CofD, at this point.
Personally, I'd use CofD, because I dig the fluff more. Plus, I wouldn't have to come up with a justification for Caine and the other proto-splats if I went for a direct connection; Abyssals just became vampires. How? Who the fuck knows!
>>
My dream is running a WoD game where the Exalted return during the Age of Darkness instead of during the Age of Sorrows. This is my rough idea:

After the Usurpation Luna and Lunars leave Creation, which becomes bloated and round with corruption and becomes the Earth. She returns in 2015 (2016 soon, I guess) with her host of Lunars, dredges up the Jade Prison from a hidden, inland sea and smashes it open. Then she and 300 disturbingly high essence Lunars storm Yu-Shan, which has turned its eyes from the world for ages until she reaches the Jade Pleasure Dome (most of the Lunars dying in the assault or holding the doors of the Dome). She shakes the other Incarnae from their malaise. This starts the setting at roughly the same place at Exalted's:
* Lots of free Solar and Lunar exaltations, some old and bitter Lunar Exalts
* Sol Invictus is turning his gaze back to the world

For the Dragonblooded side I'm imagining that their bloodlines have been carefully saved throughout the ages, lying largely dormant in royal and noble families and their by-blows (lost eggs). With the return of heroes to the World of Darkness the governments and noble families fill in the place of the Realm in the Age of Sorrows. Now to post my fanfiction.
>>
How are Infernals handled in 3rd edition now?

I went through a huge binge of Exalted setting books a few years ago without actually playing, just digging through background for some of the cooler cosmology and setting ideas, trying to skim over the more immature RAPERAPERAPE elements.

Anyhow, I recall there being dissatisfaction from the creative team on the handling of the Infernals, and since they were tied into some of the more interesting cosmological elements I'm curious what changes happened.
>>
>>44464798
>How are Infernals handled in 3rd edition now?
Ask again in a few years.
>>
>>44464861

>few

kek
>>
>>44464798
They're going to be Ability-based with Shintais and Yozi-derived aesthetics. The Castes are no longer Yozis. Nobody knows, otherwise.
>>
>>44464883
>Not posting the gif
>>
File: Exalted 3e personified.gif (478 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Exalted 3e personified.gif
478 KB, 500x375
>>44464907
>>
>>44464919
Go away, Kelso. Nobody likes you.
>>
>>44464861

Ah, not out? Well, fair enough. Their kickstarter managed to overshoot it's deadline by what, two years?

>>44464885

>The Castes are no longer Yozis

Eh.

Whilst they did criminally underrepresent component souls when in theory that's all you'll ever directly interact with...

The detail on the Yozis as huge, living realm-entities with pantheons of deities as fragments of their total psyche was an amazing setting element, and emulating them with abilties was cooler than several of the other ability sets around at the time.

Also kinda liked the narrow chance of warping yourself into a new world-being as an endgame goal. Not that the game seemed playable in the slightest above essence 5. Not enough support, too many absolute abilities stacking up by then.
>>
>>44464767
I can imagine it. It'd be fucking glorious havoc, but I can imagine it. Any examples I write down I can't stop myself from expanding, so maybe I'll writefag something of my own.

> Trump is a DB, so are the Clintons, Bushes, Windsors, Sweden's king, etc.
> A Dawn Caste exalts on TV during an MMA match.
> A Zenith exalts while accepting an Oscar, gives a speech praising the UCS that everyone thinks is a sudden finding of Christianity.
> Lunar led rebellions and nations rise all over China, Siberia, Africa.
> The EU is in for a fun time.
> Doubly so the UN.
> Middle East goes to shit for the 8th time this decade.
>>
>>44465006

The thing I hated about that was that it made ESS 2-5 in 2e seem like a 'prequel' when in actuality it was most likely the entire damn game.
>>
Will we able to play 3E Abyssals in 2016?
>>
>>44464798
>I went through a huge binge of Exalted setting books a few years ago without actually playing, just digging through background for some of the cooler cosmology and setting ideas, trying to skim over the more immature RAPERAPERAPE elements.

Just because I'm in the mood/procrastinating anyhow, here's some of the stuff that caught my attention:

-Reality as a sea of chaos, wherein an island of stability was enforced to keep the orderly free from war with the formless intelligences that naturally detest enforcement of laws upon their nature.

-The whole deal with Primordials as world-entities with pantheons of gods as fragments of the greater being.

-By extension, the hellish realm caused by a bunch of primordials trapped and bound within one another. And their honestly kinda justified anger at their situation.

-Autocthon as a setting.

-The Sidereals whole setup.

-The Scarlet Empress's realm as a setting.

Honestly, the Solars were probably the dullest thing.
>>
>>44465239

Probably not. Even at their ideal pace of 2 hardbacks a year, that puts Abyssals at least in 2017 (after DBs and Exigents, which would be the 2016 hardbacks).

And since Abyssals are probably going to come out alongside Liminals, that means they'll have to get a year just to those two, rather than pairing Abbies up with Lunars.
>>
>>44465239
The US will have a new President before that happens
>>
>>44465239
No. Even assuming that the devs get their shit together when it comes to getting the splats done, which honestly is entirely plausible, 2016 would be too soon. 2017 might be possible.
>>
Help, I think I'm waifuing Alveua.

I'm pretty sure waifuing a soul of the Ebon Dragon is a bad idea.
>>
>>44465312

>Even assuming that the devs get their shit together

Like that will ever happen.
>>
File: Alveua.png (220 KB, 457x820) Image search: [Google]
Alveua.png
220 KB, 457x820
>>44465324

No its a great idea. She is my demonfu as well.
>>
>>44465324

1) Sub-souls are only beholden to their oversoul in the grander aspect they reflect. So even if you're using Dick Dastardly Ebby, Alvuea doesn't reflect that part of him.

2) 2E Ebby a shit.
>>
>>44465324
She's just a soul of a soul of the Ebon Dragon. Her part in Eddy's soul hierarchy doesn't automatically make her evil or antagonistic. She doesn't exactly seem like waifu material to me, though.
>>
>>44465239
Are we going to get a physical 3E core book in 2016?
>>
>>44465368

But she is a qt3.14 >>44465363
>>
>>44465382

Well it took 3 months for the M20 to get from errataed to orderable PoD. So since everything involving Exalted takes at least 3 times as long we could be looking at a Christmas release.
>>
>>44465364
>2) 2E Ebby a shit.
Yeah, because I really want to romance the subsoul of the guy who, quote GoD, "loved only those doomed to die and, of them, only those deaths that would change the world."
>>
>>44465401

But the demon you are romancing says shit like

>“If I had the shaping of all things, as I have for those I reforge, then the Yozis would not be imprisoned; the gods would not rebel against them; the mortals would not be so bold; and both harmony and happiness should fill the world. Sadly, as Erembour and the Ebon Dragon are held, so held am I; and I can fix only certain aspects of Creation.

Pretty redeemable if you ask me.
>>
>>44465401

See: #1.

The only time you should worry is if you're watched by the eyes of ten thousand shadows, rapturously awaiting your doom. (Which, in standard Greek tragedy style, will almost certainly be brought on by you noticing said eyes and reacting to that information, and would have been avoided were you slightly more ignorant.)
>>
What are the different takes on the Ebon Dragon then? I only really read his 2nd edition fluff where his nature was essentially being everything the person interacting with him didn't want him to be.
>>
>>44465436
I'm now imagining a black shadow with ten thousand eyes hiding behind a tree. The boy that attracted the eyes attention turns slowly, horror dawning on his face.

The ten thousand eyes all have a blush under them.
>>
>>44465482

The other major interpretation is 1E Ebby, who's something of an uber-pessimist. He loves those who are doomed, genuinely and wholly, and watches their deaths and falls with affection. He's the kind of titan who would stroll among his Neverborn kin's crypt-bodies, not to be a capricious and transgressive dick, but because he already had an affinity for the land beyond the pall, even before the Underworld existed.

The big thing that demonstrates the difference is why he was chosen to find a way out of Malfeas: 2E Ebby was chosen because he's mindlessly obsessed with freedom, and thrashes against any cage, physical social or emotional. 1E Ebby was chosen because, in his ideal world, the prison of Malfeas would be perfect, because it would seal his own doom. But, because he's such a pessimist, he couldn't accept that such a wonderful thing would actually happen, so he compulsively rattles the bars of Malfeas, growing a little more satisfied each time, but also more certain that the imperfection lies somewhere else.
>>
>>44465363

Anybody else become a unattracted to her when in 3e it says she has dark glossy skin instead of this white perfection? Am I a bad person?
>>
>>44465631
No, you're just a person with bad taste.
>>
>>44465631
>preffering vanilla waifu to delicious chocolate waifu

Scum.
>>
>>44465006
>Ah, not out? Well, fair enough. Their kickstarter managed to overshoot it's deadline by what, two years?
The core game isn't even out yet.
>>
>>44465482
1e Ebon Dragon is a heat death/entropy reference, in the same way that Malfeas is a dyson sphere reference and Isidoros is a black hole reference. He loves darkness, doom, ruin, death. He is the shadow of everything that has ever lived; by logical extension, he is the darkness that life creates.

His third circle soul, Erembour, is that part of him that loves the darkness, and her song makes people appreciate the darkness and pulls people to her, to die or to become shadowy monsters. His named second circle souls typically deal with death and doom directly, as well. Mara sucks out one's soul; Alvuea turns mortals into weapons and armor; Makarios's deals leave his victims to rot in their graves, dreaming endlessly, their souls unable to rise as ghosts or pass into Lethe.

He's not evil or malicious, but his area of interest is the doomed, and he loves them so very, very much. He would be distressed if the things he loves didn't die, because he loves them precisely because they /will/ die.
>>
>>44465915
Well, unless you're a backer.
>>
If there's a local demesne that gives the land a boost in fertility, what does it change if the demesne's Aspect is not Wood but Earth or Water?
>>
>>44465974
So he's Megamind. He'd have no idea what to do with himself if he ever actually won
>>
>>44466410

It's more than that; he isn't trying to "win" anything, because winning has no meaning to him. He doesn't have a goal, except to relish and awe at the darkness and those who succumb to it. He's a very passive creature, which works great for a piece of terrain and setting element, but is also why he didn't work in the "no they must literally and actually be the Yozi's Charms" Infernals.

>>44466375
Earth and water would only indirectly boost fertility, as side-effects to just "there's more water / the soil is stronger and better here."
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.