[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg: Star Wars General: Sick Droid Paint Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny), d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, Lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related.

Previous Thread: >>44401366

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/nXspTQRn
>>
Anyone have Keeping The Peace? Anything of note?
>>
File: Anakinredeemed.jpg (171 KB, 1900x815) Image search: [Google]
Anakinredeemed.jpg
171 KB, 1900x815
You were right. Tell your sister you were right about me. But you're wrong about your nephew, boy oh boy.
>>
FFGfags, help me out here

I have someone in my SWRPG group that wants to play a Zeltron. Let's assume I trust this player and it won't be a disaster to allow this.

How do I go about it? The official forums have a write-up for them but then there are three pages of people saying it's unplayable.
>>
>>44414221

Treat pheramones like the falleen, or allow them to generate a free advantage on charm. I have a zeltron player as a scout, so its not been game breaking.
>>
>>44414157
Don't have it, read online there's new lightsaber hilts, armor crafting rules (which with enough skill and money for parts, can make some beastly armor apparently), and Suppress power that adds failures to a target's Force Power check and can make them un-commit Force Dice.
>>
I've just purchased (Along with the two FA core packs) the Imperial Ace pack.

I can afford one more small ship, what would you guys recommend?

A Devastator?

Or should I get something to go with my two T-70s?
>>
Anybody got experience designing ships and/or commissioning artists to draw them?
>>
>>44414297
>World Devastator
>In X-Wing.
What are you waiting for? If you've got a line on one, snap it up!
>>
>>44414264
>Zeltron player.
>Not character. Player.
You might need to wear a gas mask m8. Pheromones are no joke.
>>
>>44414157

This is the best info I've found on the internet. It covers a bunch of stuff re: specs, gear, etc.
>>
>>44414363

Forgot the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/swrpg/comments/3x0k6r/keeping_the_peace_is_out/
>>
>>44414297
>>44414297
Get an Interceptor. That way you can run Fel, and will have the maximum 3 Interceptors you could hope tonever run whenever you want.
>>
>>44414297
>>44414321
>Devastator

My phone sucks...

I wanted to put Decimator but something obviously didn't work to allow that!
>>
>>44414297
If you mean Decimator, that's a large ship so it may be out of your price range, but if you've got the money, it's a pretty neat ship.

If you're using your stuff to play/introduce stuff to your friends, then something to give the Rebel side some bolstering so you can do 100 point games might be good. And this will mostly be up to you in terms of what you like. I'd recommend a B-Wing or A-Wing, but if you can wait for the Rebel Aces pack, that'd be a better way to go in my opinion. Perhaps a Y-Wing if you don't want a third X-Wing?
>>
Is this list any good?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!185:27,-1,-1,-1:-1:15:;88:96,43,110,-1,-1:-1:11:U.40;84:-1,163:-1:20:

Like, "Small Local Tournement where we only expect 12 people to turn up max" good?
>>
>>44414428

I want a third T-70 but just for the pilot, someone in another thread recommended I get the Intecepter expansion and fly three of them with Jax, Soontir and Phennir.
>>
for the FFG rpg's is there a collected armoury or something for all the gear, kind of like how there was one for the 40krpg's?
>>
>>44414668
http://swrpg.viluppo.net/
>>
File: 6P0QxET.gif (1 MB, 360x278) Image search: [Google]
6P0QxET.gif
1 MB, 360x278
>>44414221
Zeltron's I've seen fan-statted up get way too many bonuses and there's shit everywhere.

I reckon the Faleen in the Fly Casual are pretty much on the money in terms of being an analogue
>>
File: jay.jpg (17 KB, 473x333) Image search: [Google]
jay.jpg
17 KB, 473x333
>>44414171
>How did Yellow Yoda get a hold of Luke's lightsaber? Didn't it fall down a bottomless shaft on Cloud City? You'd think she'd have the decency to save his hand if she found his lightsaber.
>If flying low to the ground disrupts TIE Fighter targeting systems, why did the New Order only send TIE Fighters for air strikes?
>Why did Rey carry a stick thing? Was it like a big wrench or did she just like holding long black objects in her hands?
>Why'd Captain Phasma never shoot anyone?
>Where did Kylo Ren pick up Darth Vader's helmet from? Did he get it from the same place Yellow Yoda got Luke's lightsaber from? Is there like a plot device surplus store somewhere in the Star Wars universe?
>If Han Solo could track the Millennium Falcon from halfway across the galaxy and he'd searched Jakku for the Falcon before, why didn't he find it?
>How come Chewbacca looked like he got a perm before every single scene? He didn't even have snow on his fur during the final battle.
>If the Force is back to being a legend again and nobody remembers the exploits of the most famous people in the galaxy, why'd that Asian guy compare the Death Star to Starkiller Base?
>Why'd Starkiller Base have to literally kill stars?
>If you listen really close to Kylo Ren's entrance theme, it's the exact same score John Williams used to introduce that Nazi SS Officer from Indiana Jones.
>Have you bought your toys yet?
>>
>>44415313
1. It will be in a comic. One could assume no one wanted a decaying hand. Except Joruus
2. GOOD QUESTION!
3. Because she used it smack a bitch or two, also sticks are always useful, except when they are up your ass.
4. A good officer is the one that lets other people shoot while they control the situation.
5. Endor. He was burnt there in armor, watch the damn movie.
6. Because it wasn't on and broadcasting its information.
7. Because Chewie is fabulous.
8. The Resistance isn't made of backwater hicks, they are the people that are considered legends by the folks out on the Rim and on shitty planets like Jakku.
9. Because. Anyone else like the fact that the Star burst out of it and reformed?
10. This is a problem?
11. Yes.
>>
>>44414157
I have it. It's awesome and you should buy it
>>
>>44415313
>If flying low to the ground disrupts TIE Fighter targeting systems, why did the New Order only send TIE Fighters for air strikes?
>Why is there a difference between trying to target a moving vehicle flying low and a stationary structure?

Seriously?
>>
>>44415451
>Anyone else like the fact that the Star burst out of it and reformed?

Sure did. I like to think what runs through General Hux's head whenever he sees it on the way to the infant indoctrination center.
>>
>>44415313
1. Let's just assume the shaft wasn't bottomless.
2. ?????
3. Hitting people. That's why she has it.
4. Why don't YOU ever shoot anyone?
5. He probably went to Endor. He's a Skywalker-Solo and apparently Uncle Luke told him about the family history, so presumably Luke took him on a fieldtrip once.
6. Plot convenience.
7. Because he ISN'T a hick from the dunes.
8. ?????
9. Okay?
10. I bough a Lego popsicle speeder.

I feel like you're quoting Half in the Bag and I am not even going to get into how much I disagree with a lot of what those people do.
>>
File: Gonk Assassin.jpg (259 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Gonk Assassin.jpg
259 KB, 800x1200
What is the best model of droid and why is it the GNK?
>>
>>44415634
>I am not even going to get into how much I disagree with a lot of what those people do.
Watch crappy movies and make fun of them? Oh, wait, you're upset about something. What is it?
>>
>>44415451
>Anyone else like the fact that the Star burst out of it and reformed?
No. In a film of really bad writing and worse acting, it just topped off the whole thing with heavy-handed imagery.
>>
>>44415756
>>44415785
I do believe you are the same person, and are assmad as fuck.

Please go remove Rey's stick from your ass so that it can calm down and act like a functioning adult butt.
>>
>>44415839
>assmad
What gave you that impression? I can criticize the film and not be mad about anything. Sounds like you're projecting a bit. So seriously, what's got you bothered?
>>
>>44415687
It's the GNK because gonk
>>
File: zip yer lip.gif (553 KB, 359x270) Image search: [Google]
zip yer lip.gif
553 KB, 359x270
>>44415756
I'm not getting into it. Keeping schtum.

How did you find Poe and Finn?
>>
>>44415943
>Finn
The only good character in the film. Wish to death he'd been the proper protagonist.
>Poe
Some silly side character. Meaningless.
>>
File: dengar.png (223 KB, 300x466) Image search: [Google]
dengar.png
223 KB, 300x466
Of all the new figures in the latest wave of Imperial Assault, Dengar is one of them. Is there any way to get good value out of this guy, though? For the same point cost, you could get a pair of elite Tusken Raiders or regular Trandoshan Hunters.

I mean, he's mechanically interesting, but I just don't see him being very good.
>>
>>44415988
I agree that Finn was very good. I wish he hadn't been the decoy Jedi, he actually came out pretty good in lightsaber combat.
Poe grew on me when he stopped being Marvel-level snarky and started talking like someone who didn't speak entirely in quips. He should have been in the film more.
>>
File: 1450924898797-2.jpg (1 MB, 960x1172) Image search: [Google]
1450924898797-2.jpg
1 MB, 960x1172
http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2015/12/swnn-review-star-wars-before-the-awakening-by-greg-rucka.html

>Finn’s story begins a short time before The Force Awakens and details the rigorous training and routine of the life of a First Order stormtrooper. From the film you learn that the stormtroopers are basically raised by the First Order, given a designated number instead of a traditional name, and are indoctrinated in combat from early childhood. I enjoyed how the book gave me an even deeper look at the life of a stormtrooper. I also loved how it added to Finn’s motivation to flee at the beginning of the film and why he had such a hard time following his orders during the village raid.

>At the beginning of the story, Finn is a cadet, not yet a full-fledged stormtrooper. We follow him as he progresses through his training and end with him preparing to go on his first official mission as a stormtrooper. We quickly discover that Finn, or FN-2187 (as he is called in the book) is an exceptional combatant and leader. Part of a four-man fireteam, he has naturally assumed the position of leadership on the squad. His team look up to him, and follow his orders, although they tend to distance themselves from him on a personal level.

>Much like the clone troopers of old, the First Order troopers have nicknames to ease communications during combat. Some of them, like FN-2199 (“Nines”) and FN-2000 (“Zeroes”) have nicknames that were naturally derived to shorten their designations. Others, like FN-2003 (“Slip”), who was clumsier than most of the others, had actual nicknames that were associated with their character.
>>
File: 1450925000053-2.jpg (275 KB, 1199x600) Image search: [Google]
1450925000053-2.jpg
275 KB, 1199x600
>>44416093

>FN-2187, although sometimes called “87” to shorten his designation, was usually just called by his full number, and didn’t really have a nickname. FN-2187 was one of the best stormtroopers anyone had ever seen, always scoring in the top 1% no matter the test. He was brave, smart, loyal and on his way to becoming the ideal First Order stormtrooper, even taking the notice of Captain Phasma who oversaw his training and was his commanding officer.

>Initally showing such great promise, it eventually becomes clear that although FN-2187 is a near perfect soldier, he has one major flaw that proves problematic for his future as a soldier for the First Order – his compassion. On multiple occassions, Finn shows his compassion for his teammates, especially with Slip who tends to fall behind the others. Phasma confronts him about it, urging him to let him fail and focus on the task at hand. This goes against Finn’s conscience and we begin to see the seeds of doubt grow in Finn throughout his training.

>One of my favorite parts of this story was the hand-to-hand combat training where we see the cadets make use of a number of different melee weapons in a sparring exercise. Finn, as in all other exercises, excels in this arena and takes down challenger after challenger. It’s not until Slip – dazzled from a previous bout – comes into the ring with him, that Finn begins to draw displeasure from his superiors.

>It becomes obvious very quickly that Slip is in no shape to fight, and Finn goes easy on him, which once again draws unwanted attention from Phasma and Hux. Captain Phasma, originally one of Finn’s biggest supporters, begins to lose hope that he will be able to lay aside his convictions for the sake of the order, but decides to give him another chance. She assigns FN-2187 on his first real mission to aid Kylo Ren in a village raid on Jakku, giving the trooper one last chance to decide his fate.

This should have been in the movie.
>>
>>44416056
I guess it's New Order policy to train their janitors in lightsaber combat. Poe's purpose was to inject Whedon-tier snark into the film, I guess to impart some levity? Which is a real shame since his character had a chance to be something more than Finn's father figure. If you pull back from the whole story you'll see a clear undertone of parental abandonment, which could have been developed into something way more meaningful than it was. The pacing was way off and I think that's why people started laughing in my theater when Rey started crying because of Yellow Yoda. It was way too much way too fast.
>>
>>44415687
it's a tough race between GNK and MSE
>>
>>44416138
>This should have been in the movie.
But then we'd have less than the required amount of explosions.
>>
>>44416267
I loved how the old canon revealed GNK's to be walking fusion power plants.
>>
>>44416138

Definitely. Some backstory would have really fleshed out his reasons for leaving.

There's a whole lot of stuff that is set up for later, but that stuff should have taken a backseat to characterizing who we got on screen and establishing what is happening, and where the plot needs to go.
>>
File: gronk gronk.jpg (110 KB, 290x406) Image search: [Google]
gronk gronk.jpg
110 KB, 290x406
>>44415687
Because you can hide a metric shitload of explosive in them and go gronk cunts

>>44416267
>it's a tough race between GNK and MSE
MSE plagues are fun too, so innocuous and cute, then they eat your hyperdrive cut-outs
>>
>>44416144
That is very true. Kylo feels abandoned by his parents even though neither of them were qualified to teach him how to control this ability he's been born with.
FN-2187 doesn't even have a real name and was given the name Finn by a person he met by sheer chance (in one of the strongest scenes I think is in the movie, for me at least).
Rey was abandoned on Jakku by person or persons unknown for unknown reasons a while ago and even though she knows her parents aren't coming back, she still has hope that they'll come.

Really, only Poe had a normal childhood. His parents were both on the Endor assault, survived, and retired to a cabin on Yavin IV to raise him.

Though, you know what, let's talk about Ben Solo. He felt abandoned by his daddy so he went to the dark side and killed all his classmates. Did..... did Luke go full retard in the new continuity and absolutely emulate the old Jedi Order in all things? Because there is absolutely no reason for Han and Leia to not visit, write, and call their son all the fucking time during his training UNLESS Ben was either always emotionally unstable and no amount of love or visits would have saved him OR we are going to throw out Luke Skywalker's entire character arc from the OT and have him raise young children in the Jedi way as soon as possible.
>>44416337
Can't take time away from our new Skywalker protagonist either.
>>
>>44416378
>>44416337

I think the best way to put it was that the movie was very J.J. Abrams. Which is sort of like saying a movie is very Michael Bay.
>>
>>44416438

IMO, a movie being very J.J. Abrams is preferable to being very Michael Bay.
>>
>>44416457

Yes. But that isn't saying all that much these days.
>>
>>44416499

At the very least, I think he's delivered the new cast fairly effectively. I can't say I particularly don't like any of them, or the dynamics between them.

Who's our next director? What's in his repertoire so we can analyse and anticipate his style?
>>
File: dune.jpg (283 KB, 960x827) Image search: [Google]
dune.jpg
283 KB, 960x827
>>44416457
I would disagree. J.J.'s films are plagued with inconsistent tone, horrible pacing, and cartoonish characters designed to distract the audience between action scenes. It's been his MO since Mission Impossible.

At least Michael Bay can keep his tone consistent. CONSISTENTLY STUPID.
>>
>>44416539
Rian Johnson. He wrote a couple of Breaking Bad episodes and Looper.
>>
>>44416539
Episode VIII is Rian Johnson, directed Looper, Brick, and Breaking Bade episodes: Ozymandias, Fly, and Fifty-One.

Rogue One is Gareth Edwards, 2014 Godzilla and Monsters.
>>
>>44416612
>>44416617

Rian Johnson doesn't sound too bad.

Kind of concerned about Gareth Edwards, though. But that's Rogue One.
>>
>>44416429
Leia outright says she sent Ben away to train with Luke after Han says "there's too much Vader in him", so it seems reasonable to assume that Ben always had this dark cloud over him.
>>
Does anyone know if for X-Wing they're making more and more huge ships? I'd like to see some massive ship battles, with bombers strafing and interceptors intercepting.
>>
>>44416701
They're definitely going to be making more down the road, but it'll still be an occasional release-type of of thing. Most ships that size and bigger are more likely to be put into Armada first, if at all.
>>
>>44416701

Those fights go into Armada, where you can actually do that kind of thing.

I would be a fan of making events like that, though. A Star Destroyer would be a gigantic set piece for a huge epic battle with dozens of players on either side and half a dozen assaulting Corvettes and support ships.
>>
File: 5005173.jpg (37 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
5005173.jpg
37 KB, 569x428
>>44416769
I like the idea of the large ships fighting with the little ones, dodging in and out the large ships.

Consider the following for a second. A large star destroyer flanked by raiders have to destroy a blockade runner, and all the while Rebel Y-wings are trying to take out the destroyer, as well as x-wings are attempting to shoot down Interceptors that are attempting to shoot down the Y-wings.
>>
>>44416964
that's nice and all, and I remember X-Wing/TIE Fighter doing that well

but consider the following:
a corellian corvette easily fits in the docking bay of a star destroyer
>>
>>44416964
Consider the following, most people wouldn't have any kind of space that would be able to fit such a battle with X-Wing's scale. Which is what Armada's scale and system is for.
>>
File: Imperial_Trooper_Deployment.jpg (145 KB, 704x944) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Trooper_Deployment.jpg
145 KB, 704x944
So, I was just flipping through the EotE core rulebook and noticed that Stormtroopers are not part of the imperial army. According to the book, they are their own self-contained branch. Additionally, there are regular imperial troopers who act as general ground troops.
Anyone know if this is Cannon? I don't think I've really heard much about this before, but it's a pretty interesting idea.
>>
>>44416138
>http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2015/12/swnn-review-star-wars-before-the-awakening-by-greg-rucka.html
Why wasn't TR-8R not included in this short story?
>>
>>44417079
Canon to both new canon and Legends. Wookieepedia should probably have a bunch of stuff on them, there's also the Imperial Handbook which is just generally neat.
>>
>>44417129
The Imperial Handbook is Legends, just in case this isn't clear.
>>
>>44416438

You can just go ahead and say, "it was fucking bad"
>>
What is it about Qui-Gon's Noble End that will unfailingly get me hype for anything Star Wars related?
>>
>>44416138
If that movie was called "Star Wars: The life and times of FN-2187" then maybe. I know /tg/ is lorefag central but do nerds really not understand why every bit of interesting backstory and lore they read about online and in supplementary material isn't crow-barred into the movie?

>>44416337
This, but sincerely. John Boyega already did well enough to establish his character doesn't fit in well in the First Order without needing an entire junior novels worth of content crammed in to the first act to before they could start the adventure.
>>
>>44417215
Why do you think it was bad? It seems like a lot of people are all bent out of shape that this wasn't another Episode 5.
It beats the prequels, it makes sense, it moves the universe forward, and provides interesting new material.
Mostly, this movie seemed like it was trying to set things up for the next movies.
>>
File: actually using jaheira.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
actually using jaheira.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>44417384
>It beats the prequels
It's got less cheese and it's less hard to figure out what the hell is going on, but not by much
>It moves the universe forward
Not really, no. It very much brings it back 40 years.
>It provides new interesting material
pic related
>>
>>44417384

I don't think it was bad.
It wasn't really anything.
We have two new protagonists who we know almost nothing about, two new antogonists who seem kind've dickish, and that's about it.

It beats the prequels, but beating three of the absolute worst movies in the history of film is a pretty low bar.
>>
>>44417366

>If that movie was called "Star Wars: The life and times of FN-2187" then maybe. I know /tg/ is lorefag central but do nerds really not understand why every bit of interesting backstory and lore they read about online and in supplementary material isn't crow-barred into the movie?

That backstory could have easily been covered in the span of three to five minutes.
>>
>>44417447

It's a far cry from Citizen Kane, but it's also a far cry from The Phantom Menace. Everyone was mostly hoping it wouldn't be another prequel disaster, and in that respect it managed to do its jobs as a movie. Even if we consider it a solid C, it's passing compared to the straight Fs and Ds we got for Prequels.

And, yeah, a lot of "poetry" in there, but at least it was played better than how Lucas does "poetry."
>>
>>44417384
>and provides interesting new material
Nigga did you even watch the prequels? Some of the best shit came out as a direct result of Republic / Federation conflict. The movies themselves weren't anything good as a whole, but there was good shit all over all three of them.
>>
>>44417492

"Star Wars: Republic Commando"

Also known as; we can give you decades worth of backstory in less than half a dozen blinks of an eye.

Throw an exposition like that for Finn right there, and start the movie the same way.

Though they seemed to be more for establishing where the characters were as opposed to what happened to them, but they could have done backstory reveals a little better. Give them some character moments to let it all out.
>>
>>44417479
>>44417505

The prequels weren't THAT bad.

Bad for Star Wars movies, maybe. But there's lots of significantly worse movies out there. Cat in the Hat, anyone? Gigli?
>>
>>44417447
I guess you're welcome to your own opinion, but I think the Sith Knights thing is pretty interesting. Also, the New Republic capital, fleet, and senate were destroyed, but it doesn't look like the first order is in a position to take the galaxy back for the Empire. What happens next could be pretty interesting, especially if there are still lots of powerful criminal organizations around.

I'm not saying the new movie was perfect by any stretch, but at least we didn't get that failed-abortion Yuuzhan vong monstrosity.
>>
>>44417535
Didn't mean that the prequels didn't, just explaining how I think the new movie adding anything more to the universe is a good thing about the movie.
>>
>>44417591

I just felt that we spent an entire movie without ever really learning about either of the main characters beyond the surface details. The movie raised ten times more questions than it actually answered, and the only way to find even half of those answers is to look into supplementary material outside of the movie itself. The Force Awakens feels more like an advertisement for the next two movies than something capable of standing on its own unsupported.
>>
>>44417598

There's worse movies out there, but honestly the franchise only propped them up. If these movies didn't have the Star Wars franchise attached, they'd correctly be filed away among the worst big-budget movies ever made.

Can you divorce the franchise from them in your head, and judge them for their merits outside of being Star Wars? They're confusing, pretty bad at everything, and frankly just boring.
>>
>>44417598
>The prequels weren't THAT bad.

Yes, they were.

The difference between other B movies and Episode 1-2-3 was that the latter had an infinite budget and were intended to be real films.

Do you understand how much worse that makes them? Sarcasm is one thing. Total, utter failure is entirely another.
>>
>>44417644
To be fair, what did we know about Chewbacca or Han other than who they currently were and some very rudimentary material about their pasts in ANH?
>>
>>44417673

If you go back and actually watch ANH, you'll find that by the end of the movie we know an awful lot about who all of the characters are as people.

If you go watch TFA, you'll find that we know almost nothing at all about who the various characters are as people.
>>
>>44417673

True enough. I think it's more just Finn, specifically. The idea of having a former stormtrooper as a protagonist is a novel one, but...I largely feel like the potential inherent in that concept was completely and utterly wasted once the opening scene was done.
>>
what would be the best ship for 1-2 people to fly?
b-wing?
>>
>>44417644
>The Force Awakens feels more like an advertisement for the next two movies than something capable of standing on its own unsupported.
Well, that is much of the case for most, if not all, things with planned sequels from the outset.
>>
>>44417727

Best in what sense?
>>
>>44417729

That's not a defense...
>>
>>44417644
>The Force Awakens feels more like an advertisement for the next two movies
An advertisement for the host of supplemental novels and tie-ins, you mean.

Unlike ANH, it doesn't have to stand on its own chops. So long as it's better than the prequels it has a blank cheque in the eyes of the public.
>>
>>44417729

But the first movie? The one that's supposed to set everything up? With such a flimsy foundation to build off of, I'm not confident at all in this new trilogy. A New Hope set things up for the future, but as a standalone film it was still rather good. I can't say the same for The Force Awakens.
>>
>>44417789
>>44417840
It's not an excuse for bad writing, but it's reason why nobody should be getting their hopes high that a single movie in a trilogy is going to hold well on its own or give a full character arc in the first film, because it's rare that it ever will.

And A New Hope was only ever meant to be a single film. It had to all be done there, because there were no plans for sequels until it exploded in popularity. It's more appropriate to compare/contrast TFA to Phantom Menace in terms of how things are being set up.
>>
>>44417771
to travel around the galaxies
>>
>>44417651
Note that I'm not saying the prequels were great films - they were painfully mediocre, which in many ways is actually /worse/ than actually being bad.

I never actually felt that the prequels were confusing - the only real confusing one is TPM, and even then that's just because we aren't given a really good explanation for why the Trade Federation are doing what they're doing. AotC is probably the worst of the three because it's so... bland. George had several interesting ideas, but failed to deliver on them.

As for being propped up by being Star Wars - maybe. May I remind you that TPM was also a billion dollar movie, though - so obviously people liked it enough to watch it several times, like they're doing with TFA. Without the Star Wars label, it's hard to really judge.

>>44417657
The most expensive of the prequel films, AotC, was ~$115 million. That's... about average for a sci-fi flick. Actually, for big name films, it's on the low end.
>>
Empire > A New Hope > Return of the Jedi >> TFA>>> Sith>>>>>Phantom Menace >>>>>>>>> Clones
>>
>>44417718
I know about the same amount actually. I know more about Kylo then Vader (from the first film anyway), more about Finn than Han, less about Rey than Luke, less about Poe then Leia, and way more about Old Han then Obi-wan. BB8 and R2 are about the same C-3PO doesn't really have a character to compare to.
>>
>>44417932
A modded up ARC 170, with a small underling cabin type thing perhaps with a little fresher, kitchenette, and bunk.
>>
>>44417727
>>44417771
>>44417932
>>44418291
HWK-290. Worked for Kyle and Jan.

Arakyd Helix is another good choice, little more spacious, much better armed, significantly harder to park.

You can move up to a full light freighter if you want to move more than just the two of you.

Also the space-RV/Minivan from the Ewoks Movie.
>>
>>44418081

I can agree on this note.

Though TFA didn't have Ewoks. And then again, Jedi did deliver on one of it's few jobs; to deliver a satisfactory ending to the trilogy.
>>
>>44416138

>brave

He spends the whole movie running away from everything until the end.

>smart

He's constantly the butt of every joke in the damn movie.

>loyal

He ditches the First Order after his first combat drop and tries to ditch Rey on Takodana, only coming back after OH SHIT STARKILLER BASE.

None of this describes Finn at all.

Is there a real FN-2187, and the guy we got killed him and stole his identity?
>>
So I'm new to x-wing and want to play scum. I came up woth this 100pt list.

Guri with Virago
Calculation
Fletchette torpedo
Autothruster
Accuracy corrector

N'DRU SUHLAK
Wired
Advanced homing missle
Inertial dampeners
Munitions failsafe

Kavil
Calculation
Auto blaster
Fletchette torpedo
Extra munition
R4-b11
Hull upgrade
>>
how well do the ffg rpg's track into other settings or stuff?
>>
Currently painting my T-70 XWM from TFA Core Set as Poe's Black One. Almost finished with it. Nowhere near professional level quality, but at least a step or two above "pro-painted" level quality you find on eBay.
>>
>>44419085
Pics?
>>
>>44418686

I also never got the impression that Finn was a "natural leader".
>>
>>44419110

I could take a few, but I'm too self-conscious about my shitty work area and lack of effectively thinned paints.

Eh, I'll post one. Keep in mind it's still WIP and I'm a noob.
>>
>>44419141

If you do, I'll post a pic of my lousy mod job on a YT-2400.
>>
>>44419070
If you mean eras, pretty well. Just re-name equipment and use homebrew stats for vehicles. If you mean actual other settings, it depends on a number of things, but it could probably be converted into more modern to sci-fi settings well enough. Might take some effort for anything else though.
>>
File: mandalore the bearded.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1465) Image search: [Google]
mandalore the bearded.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1465
>>44417725
>The idea of having a former stormtrooper as a protagonist is a novel one
This has been a thing since the '90s.
>>
File: Attempting Poe's T-70.jpg (547 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Attempting Poe's T-70.jpg
547 KB, 1632x1224
Here it is. I'm not proud of the droid job, though. I should just cut it off and start fresh with the tiniest dab of greystuff. Getting ready for the cleanup step, though.

It won't be as good as a stock paintjob, but it'll be my X-Wing and mine alone, painted by my own hand.
>>
How long has Force and Destiny been out and not had proper bookmarking? It's terrible.

https://mega.nz/#!7NlhlLCA!Ty-mR32y4PusjsQBQSsi2F622ubBmQ53nuK2yy86D2U

There. That took me about two hours. I hope you fuckers appreciate it.
>>
>>44419175
i meant actual other settings. Though given how much star wars has entered the public sci-fi consciousness it'd probably end up sorta similar anyways?
>>
>>44419294
I've seen way worse. That's not that bad.
>>
>>44418962
No thoughts or pointers?
>>
What's your favorite of the FFG games?

Asking as someone with no experience with any.
>>
>>44419306
I believe the usual scanner actually uploaded his a couple weeks after the one that's probably in the OP, so it went bookmark-less for... like 2 weeks a couple months ago. Good effort regardless.
>>
I was just happy to see that JJ didn't give in to his explosive decompression fetish (yet.)

But yes, the Young Janeway Chronicles aren't really pushing my buttons yet.
>>
File: unquestioned_authority.jpg (47 KB, 400x195) Image search: [Google]
unquestioned_authority.jpg
47 KB, 400x195
Well, my opinion on TFA after a week to digest it: it's okay. It's nothing special. It's another uninspired, forgettable JJ "tribute" film that will be forgotten entirely in a few years, similar to how people have forgotten about the prequels (other than an object of scorn).

Again, it's not PT-tier trash. If someone off the street asked me, I'd say I liked it but it had its flaws. I highly doubt that in five years people will watch it for its own merit the way people watch the OT 30 years later. And honestly, that can be said for every Abrams flick, especially his Star Trek films.

The worst part, to me, is it doesn't really flesh out this new era very well at all.

>>44419384
If you're asking about the RPGs: they're really no different systematically. The difference is entirely thematic and comes down to the kind of campaign you and your players want to run. They are cross-compatible for mixed groups.
>>
File: IMG_1319.jpg (945 KB, 2656x1866) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1319.jpg
945 KB, 2656x1866
>>44419167
>>44419294

So I wasn't a fan of the original cockpit, so I've partially rebuilt it. Other than that, I've only added a few details so far.
>>
>>44419356

Thanks. I did just end up axing the droid and making BB-8's head out of greenstuff. Actually works pretty damned well. Paint will be hard, though.

>>44419503

Hard to see the cockpit, but the extra features seem fine. Just need a dab of paint.
>>
>>44419384
Personally, I'd say the RPG and X-Wing are the best of the bunch. If I had to rank everything though:
RPG > X-Wing > Imperial Assault = Armada > LCG >>>> Empire Vs. Rebellion
>>
File: IMG_1320.jpg (958 KB, 2606x1659) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1320.jpg
958 KB, 2606x1659
>>44419503

The plasticard work on the cockpit will be smoothed out once the glue dries.
>>
File: IMG_1322.jpg (1 MB, 3507x1638) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1322.jpg
1 MB, 3507x1638
>>44419527
>>44419531

Thanks! I'm going to reprime and repaint the entire thing in the Black Sun scheme to match my headhunters.
>>
>>44419476

Yeah. They could have spent a little more time defining just what the Resistance was and who the First Order were and why they were fighting. It fell into "trade dispute" territory, but thankfully we had X-Wings, Nazi iconography, and red lightsabers to show us who the good and bad guys were.
>>
>>44419531

That does look like a neat cockpit alternative. I probably won't change my own YT-2400 when I get around to it on the purchase list, but I'd at least be tempted by the way you handled yours.

>>44419556

Nice missile pod on the bottom.
>>
>>44419556
You can use the 2400 with scum?
>>
>>44419572
Really? Because the OT established everything you needed to know without boring infodumps. There are good ways and bad ways to explain the political state of the galaxy. Some good ones include:

>the opening scene of ANH with the Tantive IV
>Ben explaining the Jedi to Luke
>the entire cantina scene - including Han talking to Chewie then to Greedo
>Tarkin forcing Leia to watch as Alderaan is destroyed

Boom, now you know the Empire is trying to crush the Rebellion, that Darth Vader is a bad guy. You know about the Jedi and Luke's heritage, and that Ben is a veteran of the Clone Wars. You know the Empire struggles to control organized crime on Tatooine, so it isn't omnipotent. Then you watch its greatest attempt to become so - a planet-destroying weapon.

There's really nothing like that in TFA. Not a lot of character building, but a ton of drawn out, unimportant action scenes and pointless diversions. Can anyone explain the point of the rathtar bullshit?
>>
File: IMG_1321.jpg (1 MB, 3036x1946) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1321.jpg
1 MB, 3036x1946
>>44419633

You can when the local meta consists primarily of scratchbuilders, homebrewers, and tinkerers.

I'm not sure if it's official or not. Haven't bothered checking.

>>44419621

The cockpit was quite easy if you have a modeling saw.
>>
>>44419724

I would have LOVED a scene where they could just settle down and have some real exposition or character interaction than the Rathtar.

Even though I did enjoy the one being pulled apart across the Falcon's cockpit.
>>
How are people using the T-70 in X-Wing? Trying to go to a tournament and I love the blue X-Wing. Wanna use Ello Asty and Poe.
>>
>>44415313
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acYl2lpq1YI
>>
>>44419761
Ah. Yeah, I'm new to the game but my local meta is pretty stiff from what I've seen. Everyone is super cool and nice but are by the book. So, scum is scum, imperial is imperial and rebel is rebel. No mixing of factions unless the rules state you can. I personally feel you should be able to mix scum in with other factions, their mercenaries for fucks sake they'll work for anyone for the right price. With that being said it should come with a cost to your point list. That's just my opinion though.
>>
>>44419798
Winner of 2015 (and 2014, and 2013) used the following:
Poe Dameron + R2‑D2 + Veteran Instincts + Autothrusters
Gold Squadron Pilot + R3‑A2 + BTL‑A4 Y‑wing + Twin Laser Turret
Gold Squadron Pilot + Twin Laser Turret
Bandit Squadron Pilot
>>
>>44419798

Poe is a BEAST. He doesn't spend a Focus to use his ability, so he's pretty good if you have some Focus support like Kyle in a HWK-290.

Ello is pretty nice. He can run circles around people while still having his actions if you keep stress off him.

Blue Ace can pull something similar, but without EPT, and Red Ace works okay as a vanilla+ with comm relay for some cheap synergy.
>>
Red and Gold N1 guy did you ever edit a picture for your ship?
>>
>>44419863

I think if someone was abusing it to create ludicrous synergies, it would be a problem, but when you've got a guy who runs Uglies, you've got to twist the force composition rules a little.
>>
>>44419932

Interesting take on a Z-ceptor.
>>
I liked the new ship designs. The new X-wings didn't do much for me, but I'll take one of those giant evil black shuttles.
>>
>>44419969

Yup. There's some pretty cool stuff out there.
>>
>>44419981
I wish we'd gotten to see more.

>but anon, it's trying to be like the OT which only had x-wings, TIEs, the Lambda, the Falcon and the Tantive

Yeah, and I don't give a shit. The genie is out of the bottle, we already know about a-wings, y-wings, b-wings and TIEs of all sorts, so what happened to those things in the past 30 years?
>>
>>44419981

Thing was impressive. A TIE/sf I wouldn't mind. Wonder how they'd do the turret for it, though; 360° or an auxiliary firing arc facing backwards. How would they even do that?

Probably just a turret slot, let the Imps get their TLT on. You could put a point-cap on it to cut out the heaviest Turrets, though. That seems to be a thing they've done with the Defender's cannon-slinging title at least.
>>
>>44420033
the resistance happened.

>A small, secretive private military force, the Resistance was founded by rebel hero Leia Organa to monitor the actions of the First Order. Most New Republic power brokers tolerate the Resistance while regarding Organa and her fighters as dead-enders with an unfortunate fixation on the past. Organa’s cash-strapped movement relies on credits, ships and equipment quietly funneled to it from the few senators who share her concerns.

They're using last generation x-wings(t-70's instead of the current republic standard of t-85's) and blasters, because all their shit is outdated surplus from the new republic military
>>
File: 2_zpsawq8kcip.jpg (88 KB, 800x330) Image search: [Google]
2_zpsawq8kcip.jpg
88 KB, 800x330
Just going to post coll X-wing pics.
>>
Question: Does anyone know a good Scum list that could incorporate two Firesprays, with at least one being piloted by Boba Fett? I want to get my boyfriend into X-Wing and he loves the Slave I so much he bought two.
>>
>>44420105
Why didn't they never say none of that in the movie?
>>
>>44420193
i don't know, man, it frustrates the fuck out of me. the movie just goes along not telling the audience shit at all forever. like if i hadn't looked it up after watching the movie, then i would have thought they blew up coruscant. Instead finding out they blew up this new system that is the new republic capital called the Hosnian system. and the capital is Hosnian prime.
>>
>>44420239

And that the NR senate moves between planets to let more remote sectors have a say in politics regarding their concerns every cycle.
>>
File: 10_zpsqz2joewl.jpg (94 KB, 800x453) Image search: [Google]
10_zpsqz2joewl.jpg
94 KB, 800x453
>>44420174
>>
File: my face when 2.jpg (33 KB, 561x388) Image search: [Google]
my face when 2.jpg
33 KB, 561x388
>>44420239

Wait, they didn't blow up Coruscant?

Then who GIVES A FUCK?
>>
>>44420239
>>44420264
It's doubly weird that the Hosnian system, to my knowledge, has never been mentioned before. The audience has something of a connection to Coruscant because we spent so much time there in the PT (and Clone Wars). But we don't know shit about the New Republic, its relationship to the Resistance, its "precious fleet" as Hux put it, or any of the people who we see watch the beam coming toward them.

Honestly recycling the superweapon plot point was bad enough, having it be an excuse to also recycle the underdog Rebsistance beat is too far.
>>
>>44420453
They blew up a good chunk of the official republic fleet that was there though, leaving the republic space pretty open to getting fucked up by new star destroyers
>>
>>44420524
>the official republic fleet is so small that it's suddenly vulnerable after 100% of the ships in a single system are destroyed.
Fuck, did the Force Awakens shrink the Galaxy or fucking what?
>>
Who is the biggest slut of the Jedi and why is it Aayla Secura?
>>
File: Nope.png (349 KB, 557x850) Image search: [Google]
Nope.png
349 KB, 557x850
>>44420524

Nope.

By the way, why wasn't Leia there when it blew the fuck up?
>>
>>44420543
Yeah, considering one planet's explosion is immediately visible in another star system.
>>
>>44420568
she was off running her private war on wherever the resistance base is
>>
>>44420483

When Ginger Hitler was giving his speech before blowing up the Hosnian system, he made some claims about how the New Republic was backing up the Resistance illegally, and my first reaction was, "is this actually true?" Can you separate the truth from the dogma here? How much of what the bad guys say is to be taken at face value?

ANH established that there was a republic, and there were senators, and that the Empire is evil because democracy is good and the Emperor just abolished the senate because now it can destroy planets.

>>44420568

She's seen as beyond her glory days and clinging to the past because of her outspokenness for action against the threat of the First Order. They kicked her out and went guerilla with a bunch of like-minded fighter pilots, backed by some sympathetic senators.
>>
File: facepalm larger than your torso.png (385 KB, 574x460) Image search: [Google]
facepalm larger than your torso.png
385 KB, 574x460
>>44420591

Waaaaaaait wait wait

That was supposed to be happening in a DIFFERENT STAR SYSTEM?

We're done here.
TFA worse than Ep. 1
>>
>>44420591

JJ Abrams doesn't understand space and doesn't give a fuck about science. See; his Star Trek movie.

My own cognitive dissonance solution to this is that, since the weapon is hyperlight, the explosive radiation from it is hyperlight as well. Also somehow visible by the naked eye. Blame midichlorians or something.

Also the Falcon jumping out of hyperspace so close to the planet when you can't hyperspace into or out of a gravity well. I justify that by saying the Falcon DID hit the edge of the planet's gravity well and slid under its atmosphere and shield with the pseudo-motion from exiting hyperspace. But even then, that explanation seemed like he stole a solution from Star Trek instead of figuring out how to do it in Star Wars.
>>
>>44420617
Yeah.

Starkiller base is located in the unknown regions, Takodana (the location of Maz's castle) is in the midrim and Hosnian Prime is a core world.

Pic related, the red line is the Starkiller beam's course from "the weapon" to "the capital", the green line is Maz's castle, where both the beam and the explosion are immediately visible.
>>
File: deMuvMUl.jpg (39 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
deMuvMUl.jpg
39 KB, 480x640
>>44420280
>>
>>44420654
Who said you can't jump into or out of gravity wells?
I always thought that was just a safety thing because you're almost certainly going to get fucked up doing it
>>
>>44420654

Also how close Starkiller base was to its sun. I figure the planet was tidally locked or something. Though how come it had daylight when the weapon itself was facing AWAY from the sun, its far side sucking in sun-juice?

JJ, take some field trips to some science museums for children and hire an astrophysicist onto the team for fuck's sake.

>>44420708

It's not something that really happens, it pulls ships out of hyperspace. It's how an Interdictor can suck ships out of their regularly scheduled hyperspace routes and trap them.

There's a few hard rules in Star Wars that generally, but not always, govern how stuff works. Planetary Shields can stop ships and ordnance, but (slow, walking) ground vehicles and troops can walk through them fine, hence why you blow them up from the ground. Gravity means you can't jump to hyperspace, hence why you need to fly away from a planet to jump and why you can't jump snug up against it to avoid blockades. Everyone uses hyperspace lanes because you'll probably die otherwise, and that can make intercepting craft much more predictable, and why it's hard to avoid a blockade since there's only so many approaches.
>>
Is possible building a good force user, but not a jedi or sith, in SWSE?
>>
>>44420617
Think about every Dogfight in the franchise prior to TFA and remember how many times you could hear an explosion or the very distinctive sounds of the belligerents blasters.

Star Wars has NEVER been realistic about Space, it wasn't made to be. Its like getting mad at an ocean for being wet.
>>
>>44420708
I could see what han did being possible without bending the "physics" of the universe; it's just a question of micro-timing. you've got to cut out the safeties to ride through the grav-well but punch back into realspace before you hit the planet's actual mass shadow and die.
it'd be a thing that only one of the very best astrogators and pilots in the galaxy could pull, but that sorta describes han and chewie, don't it?
>>44420811
you mean like a good guy who's not affiliated with the jedi order?
>>
>>44420838

The ocean being wet has cool/awesome byproducts like naval battles.

Star Wars making no sense has cool/awesome byproducts like dogfights.

As soon as the byproducts of nonsense cease being awesome and start being dumb, I get to wash my hands of the franchise.
>>
>>44420838
>this one thing wasn't realistic
>therefore anything and everything is fair game
No, though. I'm not under the impression Star Wars is hard sci-fi, but that doesn't mean "do whatever".
>>
>>44420839
> you mean like a good guy who's not affiliated with the jedi order?

Yes i reallt don t like them and i don t like the siths too.
But i don t want to fight with the lightsaber, i prefer a gun and having some force powers
>>
File: 12_zpsexcbiqo3.jpg (103 KB, 776x443) Image search: [Google]
12_zpsexcbiqo3.jpg
103 KB, 776x443
>>44420667
>>
>>44420960
which era are we talking about?

there were a few OJO-era groups that did the blaster thing, and the NJO is big on blaster/saber/force synergy, and probably doesn't do whatever thing you don't like about he OJO
>>
>>44420999
KOTOR
>>
>>44415313
>Where did yellow Yoda get Luke's saber
She works with good-guy smugglers. Finding macguffins is kind of what they do
>Flying low to the ground...
Targeting is for ships which move fast and jink unlike (mostly) immobile ground targets
>Why did Rey carry...
To defend herself. She lives in not-Mos Eisley
>Why'd Captain Phasma never shoot anybody
When did she get a chance to that wasn't off screen?
>Where'd Kylo Ren get Vader's helmet from
Pretty sure the First Order got good pickings of the Death Star II wreckage
>>
>>44420883
>No, though. I'm not under the impression Star Wars is hard sci-fi, but that doesn't mean "do whatever".
It's Space Opera, inspired by the batshit Sci-Fi Pulp serials Lucas read as a kid. It's probably the most "do whatever" setting in all of modern fiction.
>>
>>44415313
>>How did Yellow Yoda get a hold of Luke's lightsaber?
She's a smuggler. They find things. Hell, maybe Luke went looking for it and gave it to her.
>>Why did Rey carry a stick thing
To bash fuckers trying to steal her Portions.
>>Why'd Captain Phasma never shoot anyone?
She was never in a combat situation that didn't involve Finn pointing a gun to her head
>>Where did Kylo Ren pick up Darth Vader's helmet from?
Endor or the Ruins of the Second Death Star. Maybe Snoke gave it to him.
>>How come Chewbacca looked like he got a perm before every single scene? He didn't even have snow on his fur during the final battle.
Because he's the most fabulous motherfucker from Kashyyk.
>>If the Force is back to being a legend again and nobody remembers the exploits of the most famous people in the galaxy, why'd that Asian guy compare the Death Star to Starkiller Base?
Death Star has nothing to do with the Force. Not the slightest fucking thing.
>>Why'd Starkiller Base have to literally kill stars?
The fact it kills stars is where it gets its name from you mook.
>>
rate it
>>
man, it's really been a while since I played jedi academy

I forgot how short it was when you just throw all the jedi wannabes off of cliffs and into lava pits
>>
>>44421961
Looks like a flying cheese wedge.

So it would fit perfectly in Elite Dangerous.
>>
what's the best ship for a ME-style game? that is to say, a ship capable of carrying twelve squad members plus 2-4 associate waifus and necessary crew, however many that is, as well as being reasonably good at space combat and carrying large amounts of pointless cargo space?
>>
>>44422229

A CR90? You've got the crew space, cargo space with the right internal set up, reasonable firepower, which can be improved upon should the party be willing to invest in doing so, and a strong set of engines.
>>
File: Republic_Frigate.png (566 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
Republic_Frigate.png
566 KB, 1024x512
>>44422229

Consular Class
>>
>>44422229
I've got a few oddball one-of-a-kind ships for this sort of thing that I came up with here and there.
you want it? I've got it
>>
>>44420811
>force user
>fuck Jedi and Sith, I want to use a gun
You want FFG for that son
The new F&D book has a mod for blaster pistols so only Force-users can fire them
>>
>>44417591
oh hey I'm playing that right now.
>>
File: 1281670561714.jpg (197 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1281670561714.jpg
197 KB, 1024x768
>>44423147

RepComm was great, and its a shame we never got a sequel
>>
>>44423208
agreed just starting it and goddamn I wish it'd continued its a very solid squad shooter in my book. Also, are there any other mandatory Vidya I should be playing?
>>
>>44423220
Dark Forces/Jedi Knight (get the GOG version of that last one), KOTOR I and II

Can't think of much else that'd be classed as a must-play off the top of my head
>>
File: 1450151844563.jpg (30 KB, 404x383) Image search: [Google]
1450151844563.jpg
30 KB, 404x383
>>44423220

For Star Wars?

KotOR 1 and 2
Dark Forces, Jedi Outcast, and Jedi Academy
Bounty Hunter
Any of the old X-Wing\TIE Fighter Games
Any of the Rogue Squadron Games
Force Unleashed (the first one) is pretty good
Empire At War is pretty ok
>>
>>44423220
Mandatory star wars vidya according to me:
>Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series
>X-wing/TIE Fighter/X-Wing Alliance
>Republic Commando
>Rebellion
>>
File: Citadel_Cruiser.jpg (125 KB, 720x546) Image search: [Google]
Citadel_Cruiser.jpg
125 KB, 720x546
>>44422229
>>44422314

I've always liked the Citadel class transport "civilian cruiser".

Needs 3 crew, has space for 17 people and 50 tons cargo, external docking clamps for 2 fighters or shuttles and about the same weapon loadout as a Y wing (same company) along with a tractor beam.

So everyone and their pets in relative comfort. 200k credits or so.
>>
>>44423208
imperial commando never
>>
>>44423250

Empire at War's not bad on the actual RTS front, and the Thrawn's Revenge mod is amazing. I still prefer old Star Wars: Rebellion for actual strategy and management, even if it has aged like milk.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (192 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
192 KB, 720x404
>>44423269
We could have had it dammit!
Too bad this is just a screenshot from the Gregor episode in TCW
>>
>>44423273
I never got over EaWs "You can only have X amount of units in the field" mechanic. I'm playing the Empire for a reason. I want to drown Johnny Rebel in star destroyers and stormtroopers.
>>
>>44420666
Oh my god.
And I thougt Mass Effect 3 was bad about this shit.

WHAT THE FUCK
WHO APPROVED THIS SHIT
>>
>>44416138
>Finn is great, and awesome, and amazing, and brave and the best stormtrooper ever
>his only flaw is compassion

Do people really think this is a good thing? He sounds like a horrible Mary Sue now. In the movie he was a bit incompetent and cowardly. And that gives him much more actual personality than "I'm so perfect and awesome" bullcrap.
>>
>>44417535

What? PT completely fucked the SW universe.

Clone Wars is the most boring war in the history of fiction. All characters suck. There is literally nothing interesting going on.

It's a war between boring robots and boring clones. Both expendable. Most people don't give a fuck including entire Coruscant. Nothing makes any sense. Both sides are manipulated by the same guy.

It's just horrible in every way.
>>
>>44423396

Starkiller was a hyperspace weapon. It's side effect was creating an oversized mirage moving through hyperspace many times faster than light.

Yes, it's stupid. But we had more stupid things in SW already. Yes, OT included.
>>
>>44423503
Oh, I know. I really like the one explanation about hyperspace radiation causing it to be instantly visible.

But you would think that as we know more about science in space, high-budget movie writers would at least fact-check themselves.
>>
>>44423518
I would have to disagree. Even when big budget films film historical movies like Troy, 300 or the like, they do hire fact checkers but in the end they're mostly ignored or barely payed attention to.
>>
>>44423537
You're breaking my heart.
>>
>>44420968
Thats cool. What is it?
>>
>>44423518

They don't care. They wanted the good guys to see how bad guys blow up a planet.

At least JJ learned from the Star Trek outrage that there must be some kind of explanation even if it's stupid.
>>
>>44423537
>historical movies
>300

There was literally nothing historical about this movie. It was pure fantasy. It was like making a Battle of England movie with lasers and starships.

And audiences didn't giver a fuck. There are probably tons of people out there who still believe that ancient Greece or Persia looked like in that movie.
>>
>>44423537
>>44423684
300 was the adaptation of a comic book about crazy shit and blood. Calling it historical is like calling He-man historical.
>>
>>44422229
J-type Royal Starship?
>>
>>44423518
>Oh, I know. I really like the one explanation about hyperspace radiation causing it to be instantly visible.

Hey guys

Guys

Did you know

There's no sound in space

New movie definitely fucked this up

Spaceships were making noise in space
>>
File: 1451292349842.jpg (667 KB, 2560x1529) Image search: [Google]
1451292349842.jpg
667 KB, 2560x1529
Hey /swg/, I have the January 2016 issue of Star Wars Insider which naturally has a ton of stuff on TFA. I've uploaded it to the Star Wars Files folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1shjlkl8810sj56/Star+Wars+Insider+-+January+2016.pdf

I'm keeping an eye out for the Visual Guides and other related TFA books, some pages from them have started appearing, see >>>/hr/2542214. If I find them they'll go straight into our folder.
>>
>>44423834
So did they in the OT? It's simulated sounds to let the pilot know where the bad guys are and where their lasers are flying.
>>
>>44423834

There's a limit as to how much you can bend physicis in favor of coolness.

Making starfighters go pew pew is a staple of sci-fi.

Making a death ray be visible from THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GALAXY is just retarded. It didn't even look cool, it just made people confused. It confused viewers making them wonder where exactly the laser was heading towards and where those planets being destroyed were located.
>>
>>44423834
Speakers built into ships approximate the sounds they make in atmo, this was in the novelisation of New Hope. Try and keep up
>>
SWSE: In which book i can finbd lasat race?
>>
>>44423898
>megablaster

Its like a sonic-autist level SW fan came up with that name

>E-Web master race
>>
So, Poe Dameron.

Do you think he's gay?

If so, would you like this to be directly acknowledged on screen, or just left heavily implied but not directly touched upon?
>>
>>44423903
>it just made people confused. It confused viewers making them wonder where exactly the laser was heading towards and where those planets being destroyed were located.
The laser came from the bad-guy planet and blew up the good-guy planets. I assure you, no one in the audience was confused by this.
>>
>>44423458
This, holy crap by about halfway through the second paragraph I could tell that this character would seriously suck.
>>
>>44424047

This is why I ignore all the side material by default. Maybe it's EU PTSD but 99% of SW extra material was always garbage written by idiots.
>>
>>44423898
>>44423983
Nevar forgit da double stock. folding stock + removeable stock mustard race.
>>
>>44424127
What I hate the most about the legends split, it's not the decanonization of material, rather, the abandoning of canon tiers. Now all the full retard new extended universe shit is full canon all the time.

Fug.
>>
Would the turretted y-wings from the clone wars just have the same stats as the later y-wings but with different aesthetic?
>>
>>44423474

What? PT gave us a lot of awesome shit.
The Clone Wars are awesome, too. You have shit taste, son.
>>
>>44424152

Well, we still have canon tiers.

We now have Legends canon, and shit-tier disney canon.
>>
>>44424159
I'd say so.
>>
What lists could I make with these two sets? I like the idea of a triple TIE Interceptor squad (with Jax, Soontir and Phennir) but before I purchase the TIE Interceptor expansion is there anything else I can get to flesh out what I have already?

What lists would you guys recommend for a newbie? I've read all about TIE swarms and love the idea of them but I think controlling that many ships would overwhelm me.

I've also managed to buy Ello Asty's card + token quite cheap (About a third of the price of a T-70) and my friend has mentioned he is willing to trade me the two Astromechs from the red core for my spare BB-8 and R5-X3.
>>
SWSE: In which book can i find lasat race?
>>
>>44424585
I don't believe they have any official stats in the books. The Wook says on the Lasat page that they're in Scum and Villainy, but the Scum and Villainy page (and the book itself, I'm looking at it right now) don't mention them. Not seeing them in any of the documents I have, you're going to have to go looking for homebrewed Lasats.

Legends Lasats... aren't really like Zeb, by the way.
>>
>>44424685
ok, ty mate
>>
>>44424585
Fan sourcebook with them in it-
http://rebels.d20radio.com/

Its not that bad for fan material, nice production
>>
So one of my next adventures is going to involve a ton of bounty hunters, and I kind of want to distinguish them from one another. I'm trying to come up with ideas for a variety of different ones with different weapons, but with the weapons still being practical or reasonable.

On a directly related note does anybody know if (FF) rules exist on this thing? I remember it existing in other SW games and it being kind of a nifty and unusual but still reasonable seeming weapon.
>>
>>44416093
>>44416138

He spends the whole movie swathing and breathing from his mouth.

Also why would a top class trooper be assigned to janitor duty?
>>
>>44424152

Nobody cares. Remember Han's black wife in the comics? Not even mentioned in the movies. Because this shit is not canon.
>>
File: top-gun-volleyball.png (266 KB, 520x345) Image search: [Google]
top-gun-volleyball.png
266 KB, 520x345
>>44424039
He's a pilot. All pilots are at least a little bit gay.
>>
>>44424160

90% of the planet disagree.
>>
File: rtr.jpg (88 KB, 534x583) Image search: [Google]
rtr.jpg
88 KB, 534x583
>>44424871
>On a directly related note does anybody know if (FF) rules exist on this thing?
Nah, I'd expect it to show up in the bounty hunter sourcebook, but I guess something like a thrown vibro-knife that returns wouldn't be too out of the question
>>
>>44420797
You know, stars are REALLY big. Like REALLY big. So really, Starkiller Base shouldn't be getting two shots per star, it should be a LOT more. Unless it's just an inefficient piece of shit.

And a star that is only twice as big as the Starkiller Base should also be either red or white and not yellow.
>>
>>44424908
It's called "exercise", anon. If you crawled out of your basement and jogged a few miles, you might realize that increased heart-rate from running or fighting requires you to inhale more air through your mouth.
>>
>>44423734
He-man isn't historical? Shit, my life is a lie.
>>44423943
>>44424585
You can't find them. Because the Empire wiped them out.
>>44424927
Actually, she's not really his wife. The ceremony was fake for a scheme and she just wanted her cut of the spoils which he ran off with.
And then Vader Down started.
>>
File: salla.jpg (208 KB, 640x1309) Image search: [Google]
salla.jpg
208 KB, 640x1309
>>44424927
>Nobody cares. Remember Han's black wife in the comics?

She exists in Legends as well. She's called Salla Zend there.
>>
>>44424510
From an optimal standpoint with cards, this is the combo for Interceptors. Royal Guard title + Autothrusters + Stealth Device or Shield Upgrade. Carnor Jax and Soontir Fel benefit most from Push the Limit, thanks to that sexy dial. But Tur Phenir needs to shoot first and arc-dodge, so give him Veteran Instincts instead. That's the "optimal" setup, especially if your meta had lots of Falcons or Outriders flying around.

Swarm lists with a 6 or more ships are a lot of fun, but they do require you to get a handle on flying them. They take practice, because they're at their best when flown in formations. However, don't discount them, as I believe the Tie swarm will be making a strong come-back. They're worth trying out, eventually.

Trading a spare BB-8 and R5-X3 for R2-D2 and R2-F2, is a pretty good deal both ways. R2 and BB are the big important ones, X3 and F2 are just "meh" that you will only rately find a use for.
>>
>>44425189
The comics are Legends.

And their may not be a mention of it in the new movie, but that could possibly be one of the (many) reasons Han and Leia had an apprently rocky relationship.
>>
>>44424908
>Also why would a top class trooper be assigned to janitor duty?
Because if you fuck up, that's where they send you.
Go dig latrines, burn shit and mop the mess.
>>
>>44425033
Probably as inefficient as Ren's lightsaber.

Also, it's probably the first weapon like it, capable of harvesting a star to shoot red lazors through hyperspace. So of course it would be inefficient as fuck, if it's the first weapon of it's kind.
>>
Wouldn't it be more efficient to fire weapons that don't completely pulverize a planet but instead just kill everyone on it and make it uninhabitable? Seems like you could get a few more shots that way.
>>
>>44420666
>>44423396
>>44423503
>>44423518
>>44423656
They could have just put Maz's castle in the same system.

However, remember that the First Order invaded shortly after that scene. Kylo's Ship could have been projecting the image into the atmosphere as a terror tactic.

>>44425211
>>44424152

New Comics are New Canon.
>>
>>44420483
We didn't know anything about Alderaan when it was blown up.
>>
>>44420591
That's the one thing that really threatened my suspension of disbelief in the movie.
>>
>>44424510
Here's a good setup for a 3-Interceptor list. All three top pilots fit snugly within 100pts.

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!28:18:5:1:M.15;62:18:5:1:M.15;27:27:5:1:M.15

Keep in mind however, that this is a list you have to be on your best flying with. Your goal is to stay out of arcs, get tokens, shoot things, and fly defensively. Because if you fuck up, you have 3 brittle little ships that will explode spectacularly. Watch out for things like Talonbane Cobra with Vet Instincts and Glitterstim, or Wedge fucking Antilles (or his friend Wes Janson). But if you fly this well, you can (and probably will) rip apart a Fat-Han, or murderize your way through a mook swarm of less maneuverable shit.
>>
>>44419932
Thin Your Paints
>>
>>44416647
Edwards seems like a competent enough director and I think he has a decent eye for shots. My only issue is that after Monsters he was sent straight to Godzilla and now Rogue One. He didn't have time to refine himself with more small and medium movies and it kind of shows. Though this is more a modern Hollywood problem in general so whatever.
>>
>>44425380
Eh, I chalked it down to "hyperspace laser, don't gotta explain shit!"
>>
>>44420654

>Also the Falcon jumping out of hyperspace so close to the planet when you can't hyperspace into or out of a gravity well. I justify that by saying the Falcon DID hit the edge of the planet's gravity well and slid under its atmosphere and shield with the pseudo-motion from exiting hyperspace. But even then, that explanation seemed like he stole a solution from Star Trek instead of figuring out how to do it in Star Wars.

I just put it down to Han being a lvl 20 smuggler, with a Lvl 20 Smuggler Buddy, with maxed astrogation ranks, a feat or three related to hyperspace jumps, and a tricked out starship.
>>
>>44423636
>he's never heard of the 12_zpsexcbiqo3
>>
>>44423250
>>44423260
But you guys didn't say Battlefront 2
>>
>>44425442
A thousand times this.

If anyone can plot a hyperspace jump and come out within an atmosphere of a planet (and almost fucking crash), it's Han Fucking Solo.

Which is probably exactly why when Leia asks how he's going to get inside te shield, he responds by telling her that she really doesn't want to know how.
>>
>>44415313
Is this image a warning that you're about to read some really stupid questions?
>>
>>44425033
It somehow compacts the matter (Whatever gravity compensators it uses to avoid imploding may actually have been why Han got as close as he did)

Also it probably had at least a few test firings.
>>
>>44425345
We'd had one line of really awkward dialogue from Leia about how Alderaan is peaceful!
>>
>>44425034
all he does is sweating profusely and mouthbreathing even when doing nothing
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.