[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: placing cat in suspension.webm (2 MB, 410x240) Image search: [Google]
placing cat in suspension.webm
2 MB, 410x240
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd

Previous Thread: >>44366505
>>
Why do we have 2 breads?
>>
My little Qlippoth can't be this cute!
>>
File: ChaikaOhNo.gif (256 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaOhNo.gif
256 KB, 500x480
So /pfg/, my sister wants me to help her and her friends get into tabletop when they get together for new years. The problem is that I have only played online, don't have any physical dice, have never GMed before, and only have experience with pathfinder. If I was going to actually do this, I figured I'd throw Golarian out the window and write up some generic fantasy setting bullshit to toss together, along with a semi-sandboxy list of oneshot scenarios for them to pick from. If it's just a one-time thing, they probably won't care enough to notice all the holes in the setting anyway, and I know none of them will recognize some of the blatantly stolen ideas from /tg/. To save time I'd probably have to make a bunch of pre-built character sheets beforehand, starting them at around level 4-5 to avoid the floundering rusty shanktown status of lower levels.

How fucked am I? How hard is it to explain the basics to a group of say, 4-5 people? I'm so shit at explaining things, I'm afraid I'll start losing my shit if I don't have anything prepped. Will I sound like a fucking tool if I try to give a disclaimer about how pathfinder is kind of a fucked up system, and I'm only using it because I'm used to it and know (mostly) how it works?

The worst part is they'll all probably forget and not care, but I don't want to have to throw shit together at the last second. Better to have something all written out and sperg a little inside when it isn't used than have to sperg on the outside with nothing.
>>
What are some very solid templates to take for a Human character to get everything they need to survive a high-level campaign? Flight, attributes and some immunities would be ideal.
>>
>>44373808
Someone jumped the gun. Probably just to get to post that webm.

Wouldn't surprise me if it were the no-image troll.
>>
I think this is worse than no image.
>>
>>44375753
Yeah, what's the deal with that? Like really?
>>
>>44375428
Why not just use We Be Goblins or something? It's got a bunch of pre-gen characters and it's a module designed to teach new players, so you're good on two fronts there. Just grab a couple of sets of dice and explain to them that they roll the d20 for almost everything.
>>
File: festiveelsbeth.jpg (196 KB, 865x910) Image search: [Google]
festiveelsbeth.jpg
196 KB, 865x910
>>44375753
>not using Christmas-appropriate images

I mean, we'll probably have another general later today. But maybe not, there are probably few posters online, considering the holiday.
>>
>>44376722
>not being on 4chan during christmas
It's like you think we have lives or something. Of course we don't we play Pathfinder.
>>
>>44376651
It's probably a better idea, but since I have nothing but a shitty old laptop, loose paper and pencils, and a printer to use for this, I figured I might as well just go whole hog.

Plus, fuck goblins, and fuck playing as goblins. I'll read through it anyway though.
>>
>>44375668
Uh, be a caster, get most of that shit for free?
Why are you asking? You could literally look over the pfsrd template list.
>>
Why do Proteans only have three species whole every other kind of outside e has at least five?
>>
i am doing a gestalt aasimar sorcerer/paladin. there will be plenty of divine casters, while being the only arcane, and i will be able to shoot some serious arrows so my choice of spells will be different than sorcerer's usual.my imperious bloodline won't help much.

what are the best arcane-only( or at least highly unlikely for other players to grab and cast given they will do divine+mundane fighter)must-have spells i should grab for first-turn control or various utilities?

so far i ended up with:
1: grease,enlarge person(for family and friends), true strike(?), charm person, maybe silent image. is gravity bow even worth it?
2: glitter dust, invisibility, i can't decide a top priority among the other ones?
3: haste,stinking cloud,flaming arrows i don't know what's next
4+: i don't care, i will think about it later.named bullet and rape tentacles sounds cool.
>>
New thread with less troll image
>>44376860
>>44376860
>>44376860
>>44376860
>>44376860
>>
>>44375668
how are you getting templates? GM giving them?
>>
>>44376870
You can't just try and create a hugbox, grow some thicker skin m8.
>>
Does anyone not realize that the .webm is reversed?

There are people literally walking backwards.
>>
>>44376867
Sorcerer|paladin isn't actually that good in Pathfinder.
>>
>>44377380
Why not? It seems like it would be a decent-to-good gestalt. Your primary stats match up, you've got lots of passive features combined with active ones, you're getting away with a pretty sweet chassis... Not the one you're replying too, but I'd think it would be fairly solid.
>>
>>44377495
The only thing that matches is the Cha synergy, and that isn't enough when most other things clash.
>>
>>44375428
Just run a generic necromancer summoning skeletons in a village off in the middle of no where.
>Party traveling on the road
>Fight skeletons (Combat tutorial)
>Get to town, learn about undead problem.
>Investigate (Roleplay)
>Find the Necromancer (Dungeon crawl)
>Necromancer himself (Boss fight)
And done.
No need to go wild, just a small town, a small dungeon.

You'll want something that's relatively short since teaching people takes up a lot of time.

Make some pre-gens based on how people see things, and place them around level 3-4 so they get a good feel of things.
>>
>>44377564
you can actually smite evil with spells, since it just says it adds your level to damage rolls, rather than damage with weapon attacks.
>>
>>44376871

GM is letting us take templates during chargen, we're starting level 14 and "as long as we can explain it, we can have it."
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.