[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: 1443301527661.jpg (407 KB, 1109x1599) Image search: [Google]
1443301527661.jpg
407 KB, 1109x1599
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd

Previous Thread: >>44360328
>>
No edition edition?
>>
>>44366505
What in the hell is that thing?
>>
>>44366518
The Spirit of Paizo's New Year.
>>
Edgenigger paladin falls edition.
>>
Hello everyone! I am posting this again because I am a terrible person. I apologize for any inconvenience. Ok so I've just finished reading through some of the Iron Gods stuff along with some Reign of Winter stuff.

The books seem to be structured as the following:
>Adventure
>Stated Towns
>NPCs
>Bestiary
>Items
>Lore Piece
>Fiction Piece

Or the general trend being something related to this. Along with some adventure paths having unique rules specific to that. Jade Regent with Caravan, Iron Gods with Technology, etc. I do not think my AP needs any custom rules except perhaps more detailed rules for cold environments, but honestly I don't think they are that important.

As for the Character Guide what they mainly seem to discuss is each Race's place in the AP, each Class's place, appropriate bloodlines/familiar/animal companions/favored terrain, where you came from to make it to this point, custom races/classes, and general tips. Mine my be a bit longer as it must explain a good deal of lore for the Steaming Sea. Custom races here would be the following, a elf/orc hybrid, a gnome/dwarf hybrid, human/elf/orc composit, a goblin/hobgoblin hybrid, and possibly a bugbear/hobgoblin hybrid. Essentially there would hybrids of those races who could interbreed.

Am I missing anything? I feel like I am getting less work done than I should, but christmas is eating up time
>>
>>44366527
>Metagaming lawful stupid paladin falls

ftfy
>>
File: PZO9235-Astradaemon.jpg (626 KB, 956x1000) Image search: [Google]
PZO9235-Astradaemon.jpg
626 KB, 956x1000
>>44366505
Abbadon edition!

Reminder that the moment New Years' is over, you have the entire month of January and half of February of bleak, dreary winter before Valentines' day.

Why not just let the cold in and be done with it?
>>
Do not smite cute demons.
>>
>>44366552
>bleak, dreary winter
>tfw I live in a human part of the globe
>tfw subhumans cry about winter being cold
>tfw subtropical seventy-degree temperatures

Feels good, man.
>>
FAT AEON TATS
>>
Cleric of Iomedae, an associate of Arueshalae-killer paladin here. I talked to the GM. He said that he has an idea how to handle the whole affair and refused to elaborate. He's actually decent, I think he'll manage. The next session is tomorrow. Should I post what happened when it happens?
>>
/pfg/, what's the best archetype for a spell-less Ranger? (inb4 "one that doesn't replace casting") My friend's joining our Jade Regent game, and he's looking to just do a simple archery ranger. DSP is allowed, but we're trying to keep things simple for now.
>>
>>44366607
Of course you should.

>>44366613
One that gives you initiating.
>>
>>44366552
Which Harbringer is best?
>>
>>44366613
Trapper? The traps are more advanced than the normal ones, but they're still not great. It's an option though.
>>
>>44366613
Do you want to be a Ranger or just to shoot a bow? If the latter, go figher (archer). If the former, >>44366621.
>>
>>44366613
Slayer by far.
>>
>>44366607
If nothing else, we'll all have some closure on this - and closure is the first step to healing.
>>
>>44366621
>>44366637
>>44366638
>>44366647

His concept is that he's a fur trader who's looking to start a trading company of his own, so we were looking towards Ranger to give him the outdoorsy aspects he wanted for concept. We were thinking Trapper, but I was just wondering if there was anything better. Between all the other options, I haven't actually looked at rangers since the first archetype that gave up casting, and was, if I remember, really bad.
>>
>>44366635
Folca of course. All the lolis and lollis.
>>
>>44366718
That sounds like it could be any mundane, with a Trait for getting Survival in-class if it's not.
>>
>>44366635
>sticking with Harbingers
>not just going all the way to Charon

The Boatman is a pretty cool guy. Knows how to play the long game, only original Horseman to keep his position up to the present day, probably has a contingency plan for if Papa Oino ever wakes up and everything.
>>
>>44366607
You will anyway, why bother asking.

You know you are getting a christmas themed rebirth or some shit.

I am tired of these motherfucking Demons on this motherfucking plane. They are on my purge list after I researching the spell to exile all dragons
>>
>>44366779
>exiling Mengkare
>exiling all the Pseudodragons of Korvosa
>exiling Terendelev
>exiling Gunnarex
>exiling Astarathian

300% Chaotic Evil.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-07+at+04.07.24).jpg (155 KB, 439x995) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-07+at+04.07.24).jpg
155 KB, 439x995
>worshiping any daemon but Szuriel

O Szuriel, I acknowledge you as the Great Destroyer of the Universe.
All that has been created you will corrupt and destroy. Exercise upon me all your rights.

I spit on redemption and to it I shall renounce.
My life is yours Lord, let me be your herald and executioner.
My actions shall lead other hearts away from salvation.
All shall acknowledge Your sacred royalty and crawl in terrified devotion.
>>
>>44366319
>To get the thread back on the rails: Post best tits in Pathfinder.

Shelyn has, objectively, the best tits in Pathfinder since they're always the exact vision of the perfect boob to the one beholding it. Theoretically, a PC with the Touched by Divinity trait from WotR would have the best breasts in Pathfinder if their mother was Shelyn.

As for NPCs, it's a toss-up between Shayliss Vinder from RotRL (redhead with large perky tits), Serethet from Mummy's Mask (brown-girl with huge tits), and Arueshalae from Wrath of the Righteous (redeemed Succubus that ranges from very average to mega melons.)
>>
>>44366817
>Not killing Mengkare

pls
>>
>>44366844
Your impatience will be your downfall. You gotta learn to play the long game. When time itself is on your side, why go to the trouble of slaughtering populations? No - that just makes the forces of preservation work that much harder to hold back the tide.

Just let them see for themselves how pointless everything is - that's how you get a universe to fall. But they have to realize for themselves that it's going to happen no matter what they do.
>>
>>44366844
>Playing a Szuriel worshipping character who also payed lip service (and sacrifices) to the other horsemen
>LG character in the party falls to LN for working with a Devil
>Sit there with a poker face whilst people are discussing how wrong it is to work with fiends and how he should be ashamed of himself
At the very least i was able to truthfully say i hated Devils. Unfortunately our more zealous members of the party had good sense motive and slowly began to suspect me.
>>
>>44366934
>working with a devil

Why would this make the Paladin fall? Allying with evil is perfectly legit if to defeat a greater evil.
>>
File: scared.gif (1023 KB, 500x234) Image search: [Google]
scared.gif
1023 KB, 500x234
>>44366929
So it begins - the great reckoning of our times.
>>
Alright anons. Taking into consideration which alignment would be the closest approximation to yourself, which associated outsider would you like to be?

I myself would probably be a Hound or Stag Archon.
>>
File: Average Osirian Cleric.jpg (288 KB, 342x894) Image search: [Google]
Average Osirian Cleric.jpg
288 KB, 342x894
>>44366899
>Serethet from Mummy's Mask (brown-girl with huge tits)
Even if she doesn't have best tits, she's got them hips
>>
>>44366959
What Paladin? What greater evil?
The Devil repeatedly tempted him and he'd been acting rather neutral and tolerant of both the devil and evil in general lately, so when he asked the Devil for help he shifted alignment.
>>
>>44366966
Inevitables are cool as fuck.
>>
>>44366989

For what it's worth, she's tied for the best human tits in the setting.

Telandia Edasseril has some of the best hips, which is incredible since she's an Elf.
>>
>>44366959
Not immediately, but it would require the Paladin to regularly atone.
>>
>>44366966
>not cruel enough to be Evil, not active enough to be Good, not willful enough to be Chaotic, not reasonable enough to be Lawful

Looks like it's either Aeons or Psychopomps for me - except I also don't actually care much about the balance of the multiverse, or life and death, or - well.

Anything, really.

Is it better to know you don't care and regret it, or to not know you don't care and keep acting like you do?
>>
>>44366966
>what I would most likely be
Naunet Protean
>what I would like to be
a Keketar or Pleroma
>>
>>44366966
NOSOI NOSOI NOSOI NOSOI
>>
File: 1433996682504.png (510 KB, 578x1125) Image search: [Google]
1433996682504.png
510 KB, 578x1125
>>44367014
Oh damn, those are some hips alright
>>
>>44367023
Anon, from the quasielemental plane of depression.
>>
>>44367023
That kind of thinking drags your soul straight to Abbadon, NE or not.

Enjoy your souleating.
>>
>>44367002

Lack of context, thought he was a Paladin, and as mentioned, allying with fiends isn't particularly a bad idea, and allying with Devils is by far the best idea as you know they'll keep their word. Everyone knows even the good gods are willing to ally with Asmodeus.

In Shattered Star our party encountered a small group of devils and as the devils feared were rather weak we got a great deal from a position of leverage to recruit them into aiding us and the Society in investigating and studying the ruins, in exchange for not sending them all back by way of the sword. They have been extremely helpful months later still.

Obviously though if the PC was pushing this quite a bit further, then yea I could see the alignment shift, but as mentioned, allying with fiends can often be a great deal if it fulfills your goals.
>>
>>44367122
Welp.

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but that'd be lying through my teeth.
>>
>>44366966
I suppose I'm CN. I'd like to think of myself as CE, but often guilt and morality holds me back and i try to do things in a way that won't cause as much trouble for others. So whilst I'm very much anti-authority, more of a spontaneous person than an orderly one and all that, I don't think I'm really evil or good despite being rather selfish.

I would like to be a Marid.
>>
>Proteans only have 4̶ 3 species
>they don't even have a CR 20 variant
>>
>>44367166
>blah blah blah edgelord
>>
>>44367144
It wasn't a bad idea, it was just the big wind that knocked over something on foundations he had chipped away.

He never fell all the way to evil, he did however truly embrace neutrality, often staying out of fights if he could see his opponent's point of view.

Also he didn't accept a contract or a promise from the devil, it offered "a show of its power" to entice him into possibly making such a deal. The result was deeper darkness followed by dragging away a series of hobgoblins presumably to hell. Whilst my character despised devils, i was literally going into the souldrinker prestige class so he certainly (privately) understood the motivations of the LN party member.
>>
I wants to create a generalist character because I don't know what my party composition will be.

Should I go with Druid or Shaman?
>>
>>44367204
Alchemist is also a decent option, and they can use metal.
>>
>>44367204
Inquisitor. Or Bard with an archetype that makes its Inspire Courage replacement stackable with regular Inspire Courage (like Archivist).
>>
>>44367204
Wizard.
>>
>>44367201
I guess so. Well i better start watching MTV, get piercings and spend all my money on anti-corporate shirts designed by large corporations.
>>
>>44366613
Be a Slayer
>>
>>44367213
Or Investigator, that's another do-everything.
>>
>>44366966
I'm an edgy anti-natalist, so i guess some flavor of Daemon.
>>
>>44366718

This is 100% Slayer, grab "Know the Land" as a trait and you've become a spell-less Ranger.

Hell, Studied Target and Sneak Attack emphasize the "one shot, one kill" attitude of a hunter far more than a Ranger's favored target.
>>
>>44367235
Can't heal in early level (before your party can afford wand of CLW). At least not without getting PALADIN ANGRY PALADIN SMITE.

Shaman can steals Wizard spell anyway.

>>44367211
>>44367213
>>44367252
I would go with those if I knew for sure that someone else will be playing fullcaster... I had a feeling that everyone else will be martials/gish though...
>>
>>44367286
But anon, if I want to be a woodsman I HAVE to be a ranger.
Slayer is a better hunter than fucking hunters

What IS the difference between a Ranger and a Hunter thematically aside from Favored Enemies
>>
>>44367202

Describe your Szuriel worshiping character? How did they behave?
>>
>>44367371
A bigger magic cock.
>>
>>44367371
>What IS the difference between a Ranger and a Hunter thematically aside from Favored Enemies

A Ranger is a shepherd of the forest, if Druids are Clerics of Nature than a Ranger is the Paladin.

A Hunter is just a normal fuck that acquires some nature magic by being really good at hunting.
>>
>>44367394
A ranger can't fall. They can use metal(which is bad for the environment for some reason?) and can give no fucks about nature.
>>
>>44367394
Hunters are more like the Warpriest of the nature classes. A more martially focused version of the Druid, but overall pointless and redundant due to thier Caster cousin being just as good if not better at thier job.
>>
>>44367430
Druid can use metal weapons fine though. It's only metal armor that they can't wear.
>>
File: tonfa_l.gif (15 KB, 492x219) Image search: [Google]
tonfa_l.gif
15 KB, 492x219
What feats are necessary for someone who wants to use a Tonfa? Particularly if I want to be an Oath of Loyalty Paladin who plans on getting his hands on a Tonfa with a Shocking Weapon enchant who is adventuring to hunt down traitors.
>>
>>44367457
That makes even less sense.

Pardon my ignorance, but is that some kind of legacy thing?
>>
>>44367505
Get a greatclub or earthbreaker and fluff it as as huge ass nightstick.
>>
>>44367505
>What feats are necessary for someone who wants to use a Tonfa?

None, actually.

They're martial weapons so any frontline trooper (a stormtrooper, as it were) would know how to use it.

Be sure to put points into Intimidation to humiliate TRAITORS.
>>
>>44367549
>>44367537
Would Outslug style work well with it, since its a Close Weapon?
>>
>>44367570

Absolutely, use the Tonfa with Outslug and smack some retribution into the rebel scum.

I'd suggest playing a Brawler though.
>>
>>44367518
Dunno.. Probably don't wants people transforming into Fullplate Dinosaur or something?
>>
>>44367598
What about a single dip in Unchained Monk for thier fixed Flurry? Or would two level dip in Brawler be better?

Also don't worry, traitor scum will be rightfully smacked.
>>
>>44367505
Is this a trick question?

Exotic Weapon Proficiency : Tonfa

Maybe Bludgeoner > Enforcer if you are into that kinda thing.
>>
File: 129017224951.jpg (152 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
129017224951.jpg
152 KB, 640x853
>>44367518
Iron is deadly to fey creatures, and whatever supernatural forces a druid get his power from. This weakness affects how they use their supernatural and magical abilities.

There is a difference in holding a piece of it in your hand, like a scimitar, and covering your body in it, like a breastplate.
>>
>>44367733
Tonfa are martial weapons.
Mainly because they can also be used for billy-clubs.
>>
>>44367686
you can if you worship gorum
>>
>>44367762
That's still pretty goddamn stupid.

Iron is apart of earth, so why are earth/cave druids restricted?

Fey creatures are only allergic to a specific type of iron(even though irl Cold Iron was just normal iron) because some retards thought DR was a good mechanic. And Fey have fuck all to do with Druids. They're just edgy midgets from some alternate dimension.
>>
File: elf and minotaur (eudetenis).jpg (2 MB, 2577x2500) Image search: [Google]
elf and minotaur (eudetenis).jpg
2 MB, 2577x2500
>>44367825
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron
>"Cold iron" is historically believed to repel, contain, or harm ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures.

Or, you can read:

>https://books.google.com/books?id=UViEbWQOSd0C&pg=PA67&lpg=PA67&dq=celtic+traditions+iron+magic&source=bl&ots=kgVsnjBzNG&sig=l1sw04_u_WX9ybKctS_1CW5io84&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjut8nIg_bJAhUBOiYKHRpeDXAQ6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=celtic%20traditions%20iron%20magic&f=false
>>
>>44367825
Weirder stuff is that you can equipped your Animal Companion (the represenation of your Bond with Nature) with metal barding.
>>
>>44367925
>Cold iron is a poetic and archaic term for iron.
It's normal fucking Iron. The only reason its a separate thing is to shit on martials in pathfinder.
>>
>>44367925
It looks like that minotaur has a handle up the elf's ass
>>
>>44367953

Glad I'm not the only one who saw it.
>>
>>44367953
>implying the elf isn't the other end of the weapon
>implying the elf isn't just a very well crafted decoy
It's the perfect plan
>foolish Orcs and Humans try to get hanky panky with the elf end, then you slash em whilst their distracted and helpless.
>>
Can Sapling Treant companion talk? Treant can talk so after a rank in linguistic a Sapling Treant should be able to talk too right?

Also can you cast Animal Growth onto Plant Companion? I should be able to due to Share Spell, but I'm not sure.
>>
File: Avatar_FE14_Male.png (524 KB, 1000x1123) Image search: [Google]
524 KB, 1000x1123
Touched by Divinity (Tiamat)?
>>
Holy shit mithral current is cool as fuck. I'm totally going to play as a bushi warlord now. What else do I throw in there for maximum weeaboo?

Veiled Moon for teleports? Elemental Flux for, well, elemental shit? Riven Hourglass for the obvious?
>>
>>44368041

I'd argue the avatar is closer to Apsu than Tiamat.

Primarily due to their personalities, but also because if anything a child of Tiamat would be closer to a Lizardfolk than human.
>>
>>44368097
Well, Kamui was conceived of an Evil Dragon-God though.
>>
>>44368082
>What else do I throw in there for maximum weeaboo?

>Mithral Current
>Primal Fury
>Scarlet Throne

Congratulations, you are now Sir Alonne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztPGThfD_GY
>>
File: 1450652382428.png (52 KB, 319x326) Image search: [Google]
1450652382428.png
52 KB, 319x326
>>44368116
>>
>>44367953
>>44367960
>>44367975
I found his gallery. It doesn't get much safer.

>http://eudetenis.tumblr.com/
>>
File: 1449377778753.gif (582 KB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
1449377778753.gif
582 KB, 350x280
>>44368116

>Sir Alonne

Wouldn't he be better made as a Zweihander Sentinel?
>>
>>44368116
>Not being a Harbinger with:

>Primal Fury
>Cursed Razor
>Black Seraph

Do you even Artorias?
>>
Post music that would fit in campaign in one of the planes or a planar location.
>>
>>44366538
Bugbear/hobgoblin? What would that look like?
>>
>>44368281
>tfw riven hourglass/cursed razor/shattered mirror
>>
>>44368223
For a man that's literally also a horse, the guy in that picture has a tiny dick.
>>
>>44368281
>not being fiendbound marauder warder
Do you even nightmare?
>>
>>44368112
> Spoiling a video game on unrelated general in unrelated board

/feg/ denizen are the worst.
>>
File: Ivory King.jpg (407 KB, 1600x2264) Image search: [Google]
Ivory King.jpg
407 KB, 1600x2264
>>44368116
>>44368281

>tfw I just realized Dark Souls boss attacks are just maneuvers

Every single one, hell off the top of my head I can see the Burnt Ivory King as a Warlord with Elemental Flux, Primal Fury, Scarlet Throne (using the Scarlet Throne Style) and Mithral Current.
>>
>>44368297

For a celestial plane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpMNXEY_tio

Lustmord - Heresy is the quintessential for fiendish planes
>>
>>44368324
>spoiling
It's literally revealed in the first ten minutes.

Also, the game has been out for 6 months.
>>
>>44368336
As it turns out, path of war is pretty damn good at replicating "dude who swings sword really cool"
>>
>>44368324
Anyone who has been following the game already knew that.
>actually buying this censored piece of shit
>>
>>44368297
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=dZDiaRZy0Ak
This would go well when you're exploring and floating alone in Limbo/The Maelstrom.
>>
File: 1431227602694.png (194 KB, 663x537) Image search: [Google]
1431227602694.png
194 KB, 663x537
>>44368342

I just think it's strange how easy it would be to stat out a boss character like Fume Knight or The Pursuer when they should technically require an assload of on-the-spot homebrew.
>>
>>44368116

You think Sir Alonne's Theme is anything special? They've already released the theme for a boss in Dark Souls III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3xQga-2LX4

Get fucking hyped.
>>
>>44366914
>anally pained reject not allowed to join the Endeavour detected
>>
>>44367056
You think there's a gap?
>>
>>44368340
>>44368349
> 6 months
> Not counts as spoiling

This is why no one like you guys. Please go back to board.
>>
>>44368459
Dude, if Star Wars or Fallout had been out for 6 months, nobody would give a shit about spoilers.

I don't even post in /feg/. Also, the avatar's 'canon' name is Kamui, and they can turn into a fucking Dragon.

It's in the goddamn name.
>>
>>44368116
anons where do I find this mithral current discipline
>>
>>44368555
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?444869-Dreamscarred-Press-Path-of-War-Expanded!-%29
>>
>>44368500
Back to your containment cell now.
>>
>>44366538
I don't really get it. Are hybrids that important?
>>
Let's say I want to throw a giant robot at my player, an arcanist. Would it be better to have him fight with an unempowered version a la Sakit from La-Mulana, or to give him his own giant robot like the Gah-Goojin from The Wonderful 101?

Which giant robot rules would you recommend for the latter?
>>
Here's a question:

One of my players wants to play an expert dungeoneer, by which I mean something like an Investigator variant that focuses more on trap-breaking, quick reflexes and navigation through unfamiliar territory, in the spirit of sources like Cube, The Maze Runner and the like. Any suggestions on what he should play or, alternately, how I should design such a variant?
>>
File: 1447255836858.jpg (6 KB, 133x226) Image search: [Google]
1447255836858.jpg
6 KB, 133x226
>Level 14
>Tristalt (yes, you heard me, gestalt+1)
>30 PB, 1:1 ratio
>I can go for ANYTHING in the pfsrd.

I don't know what the fuck's going on anymore.
>>
>>44368692
I simply think it's a fun option to include when species can interbreed. It's thematically appropriate to have composite. And you know if goblinoids would breed at the drop of a hat, they're damn prolific.
>>
>>44368794
That might be too powerful, just a bit too much. The character would be a thematic slurry.
>>
I want to make a ninja-like character that uses path of war for things like black seraph and veiled moon maneuvers but not quite sure how to go about it. Help?
>>
>>44368849
>That might be too powerful, just a bit too much.

Nigga it's a Planescape campaign where you're one of the most reliable mercenaries in the Multiverse, where the ultimate goal of the campaign is to become a god with your own domain and everything.
>>
>>44368859
Stalker into Umbral Blade?
>>
>>44368859
Also stuff from expanded is allowed as well. Starting away level 5
>>
>>44368873
I mean, if that's your thing more power to you. It's just a tad too rich for my blood.
>>
File: North-American-Burrowing-Owls.jpg (101 KB, 620x496) Image search: [Google]
North-American-Burrowing-Owls.jpg
101 KB, 620x496
>>44368794
H-how? Does the DM even realize the can of worms he opening? Is there any way someone can be conceivably prepared for this? What would the character build philosophy even be? Are you guys fighting Gods? What even is the party number and make up so far?

>>44368859
Literally stalker class. It is meant to be the go to Rogue/Ninja class for PoW.
>>
>>44368794
Even though he's changed the PB to be 1:1, he's still having you guys start with each stat at 10, r-right?
>>
>>44368906
>H-how? Does the DM even realize the can of worms he opening? Is there any way someone can be conceivably prepared for this? What would the character build philosophy even be? Are you guys fighting Gods? What even is the party number and make up so far?

>What would the character build philosophy even be?

Build what you will, since it's almost impossible to fuck up. The guy's even giving us a feat every level.

>Are you guys fighting Gods

Yes, actually. The setting is Planescape, we start in Sigil, and the focus of the campaign is working top contracts for the powers of the Multiverse before eventually becoming a power yourself.

>What even is the party number and make-up so far?

Only two others, and I don't know what they're building.
>>
>>44368954
>he's still having you guys start with each stat at 10, r-right?

Yes, every stat starts at 10, and it's technically 33 PB with the 4-8-12 +1s.

We're also allowed to modify base classes up to 20 RP.
>>
>>44366392
Isn't that one of the class features of the Master Spy prestige class? Appearing to be of a different alignment even for the purpose of being affected by alignment-based attacks?
Which Arueshalae happens to have six levels in?
I'm not saying she's actually evil since obviously she's not, but it's not like that kinda thing is impossible to fake.
>>
>>44368966
I mean, have you ever thought that perhaps too many ingredients may dilute the flavor? I am unsure of the more is better philosophy.

What's your character thus far?
>>
>>44368999
Smite evil doesn't get fooled by it.
>>
>>44368999
>Which Arueshalae happens to have six levels in?

I've got a feeling she's using that ability to appear Chaotic Evil to other demons.
>>
>>44368966
Okay, obviously you have two build options to go for.

Either 1 active class and two passive classes, or two active classes and one passive class.

This will depend on what you want your character to be a God of, and what his ideas and story will be.

My suggestion, pick 3 basic themes you plan on being your portfolio, and select 1 class for each portfolio theme.

Oh, and if you plan on being a Blacksmith God, you absolutely MUST choose Artisan as one of your classes.
>>
>>44369023
Oh, you're right, the ability only mention spells and magic items. Odd. Never mind then.
>>
>>44369078
Smite Evil is impossible to fool to my knowledge.
>>
>>44369099
There's an armor enchantment in Agents of Evil called Deceiving which actually does fool Smite Evil, but that came out like 8 days ago.
>>
>>44369099
You'd think there'd be something, but I can't think of anything either. Khorramzadeh has a resist smite thing, but that's more of an obvious defense since it can cause the smite to backlash. Not like he's pretending anything anyway.
>>
>>44369099
Insinuator Anitpaladin invoking a TN or LN Outsider can fool it.
>>
>>44368906
>>44368890
So should I just max dex (not sure how), and use stances that increase damage? I want to get that killer feel and leave the stealthing to veiled moon. I assume from expanded I want riven hourglass
>>
>>44369178
I mean that came out like 8 days ago. I'm not up to date on Paizo releases.
>>
>>44368691
no
>>
>>44369058
She does, it's mentioned somewhere that she used it to hide her true alignment and thoughts while working against the demons, until she was discovered when she slipped up, was caught, and imprisoned. Then broke out and fled to the abandoned temple where you find her.
>>
>>44369280
Why did they imprison her when they could kill her? I mean, they are demons after all.
>>
File: wyidjbhdykrmgecbrhgq.jpg (76 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
wyidjbhdykrmgecbrhgq.jpg
76 KB, 560x560
>>44367505
A close weapon hm?
If you're not deadset on a Paladin, Brawlers scale the damage close weapons.

In terms of feats you can't go wrong with Weapon Focus: Tonfa. If your going for Dex build, Weapon Finesse works because it's a light weapon. Power attack is also nice. If your going for the in-lore riot trooper, you should look into shield feats as well.
>>
>>44369323
Demons Don't think very far ahead.
>>
File: 1270138332497.jpg (325 KB, 917x1221) Image search: [Google]
1270138332497.jpg
325 KB, 917x1221
>>44368966
Stalker, but swap either Tempest Gale or Solar Wind for Black Seraph. You do not need two ranged disciplines.
Cleric, with Travel and Trickery as domains.

You will still need a third class to raise your BAB and HD. With strikes and stalker talents, you action economy will be too taxed for spellcasting during battle. It will also take too long to keep track of all your possible actions during battle.

You may as well take Myrmidon or some other Fighter archetype for the bonus feats, BAB, and HD. A Barbarian or Warder doesn't give you much more things your character would use.

Pic semi related.
>>
File: 1377024292039.jpg (17 KB, 183x226) Image search: [Google]
1377024292039.jpg
17 KB, 183x226
>>44369070

>My suggestion, pick 3 basic themes you plan on being your portfolio, and select 1 class for each portfolio theme.

What would I pick if I wanted to go for something like the Ivory King?

In other words, a chaos fighting knight-turned-king that has pretty much every virtue sought from an Arthurian Knight?

>Paladin/Warder/Bard?
>>
>>44369323
I think the plan was to re-corrupt her, but that fell through when she ran.
>>
>>44369328
>In terms of feats you can't go wrong with Weapon Focus
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggghhhhh
>>
Cacodaemons are cute!
>>
>>44369490
>My familiar can't possibly be this cute!
>>
>>44369323
To keep her from redemption.
>>
>>44369390
I'd say go Bushi Warlord instead of Warder for both being a leader and having lazer sord.

You could stay Bard, however I think you can get the most bang for your buck with either Sorcerer, Oracle, or some other Cha based full Caster or equivalent thereof.

For your Paladin Divine Bond, I suggest going for the Mount option.
>>
>>44369530
>Masta-Sama!
>What are we gonna do today?
>>
>>44369571
>You could stay Bard, however I think you can get the most bang for your buck with either Sorcerer, Oracle, or some other Cha based full Caster or equivalent thereof.

Or he could always take Leadership and get an Oracle as his cohort, much like Alsanna with the Ivory King.
>>
So...

anything in Pathfinder similar to this prestige class from D&D?

http://dndtools.pw/classes/walker-in-the-waste/

Trying to find a 3.5 game is turning into hell every GM i find is a fucking grognard who has the GM vs Players mentality or just disappears
>>
File: 1446834094710.gif (50 KB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
1446834094710.gif
50 KB, 228x228
>>44368966
>The guy's even giving us a feat every level.

>Warder/Fighter as a Human
>26 feats at level 14

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>44369718
>Warpriest/Fighter/Warlord
So many feats
>>
File: 1388112055113.png (2 MB, 1385x940) Image search: [Google]
1388112055113.png
2 MB, 1385x940
>>44369390

LG Zweihander sentinel/Scarred witch doctor/(Vivisectionist Alchemist, investigator, or slayer). Covers almost every single base there could be, only reliant on three stats (Constitution, Intelligence, and combat stat of preference.) and almost no redundant features.

Have your patron be an Empyreal lord, and work outside your bickering church's petty squabbles and hierarchies to bring the true message of your patron unhindered? If you're using Pathfinder lore, I recommend Vildeis for maximum RIGHTEOUS VIOLENCE.
>>
>>44369590
The same thing we do every day, Killzy, try to exsanguinate the world!
>>
>>44368794
...I want to be in that game, holy shit
>>
File: Planescape upgrades.jpg (216 KB, 1167x578) Image search: [Google]
Planescape upgrades.jpg
216 KB, 1167x578
>>44369908
Can you imagine how long combat is going to take when everyone is trying to choose between the actions of 3 classes?

And there's going to be people who don't wait until the start of that night's session to do the character advancement stuff because they leveled up the previous session.
>>
Hi /pfg/, I need advice with Pact Magic occultist. The guide, that which called Pacting in Pathfinder, helped, but I'm not sure how to build and what to rely on, there is so many options. I think I'll go melee/support. The party is all martials, one is an initiator, and there is an antipaladin who doesn't know shit about his spells and never uses them for some reason. So, what do I do?
>>
>>44369954
f-fuck you anon

touhoufag's probably running it anyway. I'll keep telling myself that...

>>44369960
focus on magic instead, sounds like.
>>
>>44369954
>Can you imagine how long combat is going to take when everyone is trying to choose between the actions of 3 classes?

You'd be surprised, if it's a party of three and you take classes for the passive abilities, combat could go really quick.
>>
>>44369777
That's funny, I always thought this person was a fallen empyreal lord.

But then I actually read it and this thing is LG. Guess she's Ragathiel's gf or something.
>>
>>44370003
There are a lot of retarded Empyreal Lords.

Not all of them can be like Based Dammerich, God of you gonna carry that weight.
>>
What kinds of ideas for reforming fiends do you have?
>>
>>44370113
Musical numbers
>>
File: descartes intro.jpg (57 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
descartes intro.jpg
57 KB, 680x383
>>44370113
>>
>>44370113
A Suspirodaemon bard who's trying to find a way to breath clearly so he can become a singer.
>>
>>44370113
Why bother? It doesn't really matter if they want to be good or not, does it? One way or another, once you're down there... they have ways of dragging you back down. Even the goodiest of two-shoes who never had to ascend from Fiend status in the first place can run into an evil Outsider of a higher CR.

Truth be told? It's not a matter of IF they're going to win, but WHEN. Soon enough there'll be miniature Worldwounds opening up right under our houses.
>>
File: opzsx4.png (152 KB, 638x421) Image search: [Google]
opzsx4.png
152 KB, 638x421
>>44370143
>>
>>44370173
>you will finally have a temerdaemon waifu
>>
>>44370025
I really wish Empyreal Lord gives out Inquisition...
>>
>>44370113
Vegetarian Astradaemon
Librarian Nalfeshnee
Cuddly doglike Shamhazian
Waifu bodyguard Erinyes
Priest Apostate Devil
>>
>>44368966
Any space for another person in the group?
>>
>>44370113
You should help them learn to focus thier natural skills towards a more positive and constructive use of thier abilities, and teach them the pointlessness of thier former self-destructive life definition
>>
>>44370181
>>
So anons, some time ago we were talking about homebrew Daemons and someone mentioned "Umbiladaemons". How would we go about making and starting them?
If you want to know more, just type in the name in 4plebs.
>>
If a wizard or cleric were to beast shape into a magical beast with actual spellcasting abilities (not spell-like, which do not have v/s/m components) like a kirin or aranea for example
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/kirin
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/aranea
does that mean that they retain their spellcasting abilities while in that shape?

Asking because I'm interested in trying out a lunar oracle but the 1x day hour/level long beast shape doesnt seem to be worth much if I'm unable to cast my spells.
>>
>>44370405
Do you plan on using them in a campaign?
If so, your players are in for a treat.
>>
>>44370469
Mostly I wanted to get this thing made because my friends and I have been on a Bloodborne kick, and that kind of Daemon seems perfect for it.
>>
How would Druid who worship Torag act?
I wants to smack people with Blessed Hammer.
>>
>>44370558
Diggy diggy hole
>>
>>44370551
Nice.

I don't know much about making monsters, but I would definitely recommend something like cure wounds or something similar (depending on the CR) as an at will spell-like, with bigger healing for 3/day and 1/day.
>>
>>44370595
Actually, judging from the description, I would guess they would have something more like Channel.
>>
>>44370405
>>44370595
>>44370610
First, let's overview powers.
>healing
>creating powerful daemons by doing soul shit then erupting their stomachs
>creating weaker demons by doing soul shit then giving birth to them
>a set of weaker spell like abilities like most daemons
>>
>>44370564
God, that must be years old
>>
So is there no artificer in Pathfinder? That is core anyway?

What class would be best for creating magic items anyway... wizard?
>>
>>44370790
Most likely, but anyone can craft magic items, it only takes a feat or two at most. And a shitton of gold.

I heard DSP has a class focused on crafting though, not sure what it is.
>>
>>44370811
DSP has the Forgelord PrC, with 5 levels (You also get base class progression at 2, 3, 4) whose main thing is item attunement, basically making your own crafted items stronger.
>>
>>44370790
The maker of Spheres of Power has the artisan class, which is pretty crafting focused.
>>
>>44370811
Your close, its DDS that has the Crafting class. It's the Artisan and its on the SRD.
>>
File: mossy minigolems.jpg (109 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
mossy minigolems.jpg
109 KB, 540x810
>>44370790
No 1st party Artificer, but there is:

Wizard
Sorcerer with the Impossible bloodline
Forgepriest (Warpriest archetype)

Artificer (Adamant Entertainment)
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/artificer

Wilder (Dreamscarred Press) with Artificer's Surge
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/wilder

Mindwright (Psion archetype)
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psion/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/mindwright
>>
>>44370790
Also, one of the vizier paths (Akashic Mysteries)
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/variant-magic-rules/akashic-magic/veilweaving-classes/the-vizier
>>
> New Campaign
> 15-point Buy
> Core Class Only

Should I go Wizard,Cleric,Druid or Sorcerer?
>>
>>44371092
>15 point buy
>core classes only
Don't play at all.
>>
>>44371092
Wizard to teach the DM a lesson about core-only games.
>>
So I can make it to 900 damage per round easily, but find it hard breaking the 1000 damage per round barrier. Any suggestions people normally overlook? (I am trying to do this and limit what buffs he has, basically only buffs he can give himself)

I am doing this as a fighter, at the moment I'm hovering around 960.
>>
>>44371106
I thought every 9th caster do that?
>>
>>44366518
Draconic/Orc crossblooded sorcerer/alchemist multiclass with an asian theme.
>>
>>44371182
Yeah, but Wizards are more egregious about it.
>>
What's the opposing alignment for Neutral?
Is it all of them, perhaps?
>>
>>44371553
Neutral has no opposition.

If something references an opposite alignment, neutral is never involved.
>>
File: 4IhHYYT.png (216 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
4IhHYYT.png
216 KB, 500x282
Well hello everyone! It is midnight on christmas eve and I finally had time to ACTUALLY begin working on the character guide. I will be updating /pfg/ as sections are finished, then a final update when a workable draft has seen an initial edit.

The language section is now done as a conceptual draft. Take a look. I would love feedback, questions, ideas, or hate! I very much enjoy questions.

It ended up being longer than I originally thought. Next I will be writing on appropriate animal companions/familiars/bloodlines I think. Then brief overviews of the cultures of the Steaming Sea.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jiqbOgtvMz7uV8MxP9Wy5EuMHs_Yw2jWaWlOyMZlU8A/edit
>>
>>44371553
I think it's the extremes of both alignment axes, so LG, CG, LE, and CE
>>
>>44371567
So how's that work for Neutral characters that get stuff specifically noting opposite alignments?
Does it jut not function?
>>
>>44371575
Correct, it just doesn't function.
>>
>>44371575
A lot of them note that if you're neutral, you get to pick one though. What are you looking at specifically?
>>
Happy nondescript winter holiday everybody!
You guys doing anything special in your campaigns for the occasion?
I let my PCs roll on a little loot table I made up.
>>
>>44371638
I decided to design one! One with a LOT of cold! Tons of it!
>>
I want to play but my group has fallen apart.
Considering online now, but where the fuck do I start looking?
>>
>>44371660
Roll20 on the lfg tool. Occasionally groups even form from here.
>>
>>44371660
Try out the game finder threads, there is one up almost constantly. It may be hard to find one over christmas however, as not a lot of groups are playing.
>>
File: Mordenkainen02.jpg (118 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
Mordenkainen02.jpg
118 KB, 400x298
>>44371567
There's also the type of TN that always gets involved to force balance on everyone else, like Mordenkainen or the Harpers.

From the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer:

>"Mordenkainen the Archmage formed the Circle of Eight as a tool to manipulate political factions of the Flanaess, preserving the delicate balance of power in hopes of maintaining stability and sanity in the region. Mordenkainen's view of 'enforced neutrality' is not a tit-for-tat equality but rather a detailed theoretical philosophy derived from decades of arcane research. He has fought ardently for the forces of Good, most recently during the Greyhawk Wars, but just as often has worked on darker plots to achieve his ends."

I've lost my list of some of the things the Harpers have done.
>>
Guys with 15-PB Core Class only game here. I thinks I'm going with Druid. With 15-PB...

Animal Companion (with Human's Eye for Talent) will probably outclassed all martials/gish...
>>
>>44371572
I actually am really nervous about changes languages around. Do you think that is too presumptuous for a Adventure Path? Since it is in a custom setting I feel as if it should get it's own flair, but I don't know if it is too off putting.
>>
>>44371796
official D&D content got away with it and so can you
>>
File: HotDiggityDaffodil.png (472 KB, 1060x682) Image search: [Google]
HotDiggityDaffodil.png
472 KB, 1060x682
>>44371826
Well hot diggity daffodil, might as well then. Any opinions on the particular languages?
>>
>>44371834
well I'd offer some but your document's not open to viewers.

happy decemberween, by the by
>>
>>44371861
Oh, I see. I'm an idiot. I'll fix that. I do not use google docs very often.

This link should work?

>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jiqbOgtvMz7uV8MxP9Wy5EuMHs_Yw2jWaWlOyMZlU8A/edit?usp=sharing

Hopefully.
>>
>>44371182
Core only heavily favors wizards even beyond what people normally circlejerk about.
>>
>>44371876
well it does.

So is there a list of language swaps, or new lists of languages for characters? What's Norish equivalent to?

I leave you to ponder these things. Have a happy holiday, friend.
>>
What class/archetype mix would suit a pair of PCs? Currently looking at witchguard ranger and mixing mounted paladin with synth mount/nature oracle companion. Paizo only.
>>
>>44371976
Good point, this should be clarified. I thought I was being clear, but I should be more so.
>>
I going to homebrew a very Gorum-centric Inquisitor or Warpriest archetype. I figure the core of it should be access to the rage domain or getting rage somehow, proficiency in heavy armor, a large bonus to intimidate, immunity to fear, and an armor-training ability like a fighters. Probably also get a bonus on when they get deific obedience abilities, and a "code" like a paladin.

Which of the two classes would be better to build an archetype like this on top of?
>>
>>44372005
Pointbuy, level, campaign tone? My kneejerk reaction would be cleric (druid, oracle) and arcanist (wizard, sorcerer).
>>
>>44372011
Replace Track and Solo Tactics with Rage and Rage Powers, Force the inquisition/domain to be the fist/metal etc domain, make proficient with heavy armor, the greatsword, and unarmed strike(fits with several abilities Gorum gives). Replace Stalwart with an immunity to fear, replace cunning initiative with armor training?
>>
>>44372011

I'd make a divine bloodrager, honestly. But if you're set in one of those two, I'd choose warpriest.
>>
>>44372055
Undecided at the moment on those three.
>>
>>44372059
Probably better to replace judgement rage and with rage powers. Having Rage, Judgement, and Bane while still having access to a domain might be a bit much
>>
>>44372011
How about instead of solo tactics, you get a faster scaling version of Deific Obedience?
>>
>>44372078
Have a look at http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/gestaltCharacters.htm
>>
>>44371709
Holy shit. I didn't think Mordekainen was actually a person.
>>
>>44371792
Just don't play. The only way to make it stop is to get people to realize nobody wants that sort of game.
>>
>>44372290
So were Rary, Melf, Leomund, and Bigby.
>>
>>44372290
Surprise! All named spells are named after wizards who invented them.
>>
>>44372363
You forgot Tasha, aka Iggwilv (Baba Yaga's daughter)
>>
>>44372345
I don't thinks he is intentionally doing it. The GM is pretty new to the system so he kinda believe CRB when it said 15 point-buy is "standard". The CRB class only is probably his comfort zone as a new Pathflouder.
>>
>>44372363
was melf a milf
>>
>>44372383
Then either talk to him and convince him otherwise, or leave.
>>
File: Melfandkeak.jpg (96 KB, 250x436) Image search: [Google]
Melfandkeak.jpg
96 KB, 250x436
>>44372385
I'm pretty sure he was a male elf.

>>44372372
I've never met anyone who used her Hideous Laughter.
>>
>>44372405
The fact that witches don't get hideous laughter is a fucking outrage.
>>
>Asked GM like 20 times if he was sure I could play a Necromancer and told him that I had no issue not doing it
>Assured me it was ok
>Every single encounter there's ranged enemies shooting me dead and all I get to raise are 1HD humanoids that die in one hit
>Last session's combat had 2 fucking paladins consecrating and smiting and turning undead the whole time
>I'm spending all of my WBL on fucking onyx because my shit keeps getting oneshot
>All the enemies keep making their saves so even my spells ain't doin' shit
>Basically not allowed to roleplay because people scream and run away from the skeleton wizard and/or want to slay me
>My character is literally worthless
I'm so pissed after yesterday's session I couldn't sleep properly.
Merry christmas everybody.
>>
>>44372387
I will after I learn about his personality traits, value, weakness and favorite food.
>>
>>44372419
>Read all about these badass PCs running around with 300 burning skeletons, riding a fast-zombie dragon or some RADICAL shit
>Decide that I want to play a Necromancer too
>Get the OK from my GM
>Bring it in
>Meshes will with party and campaign
>Not too strong, not too weak, going great
>Gets buttfucked by a heroic NPC Paladin like 3 sessions in
>I mean holy fuck this guy hit me for three times my total health in one round
>GM had no plan or reason to do that other than "It's a logical thing the Paladin would obviously do"
Aaaaand that's when I bailed on that group.
>>
>>44372419

What base class are you using? If you're a wizard, sorcerer, or some other arcane class ask to rebuild into a save-or-suck necromancer. Arcane classes are better at that branch anyways.
>>
>>44372454
I built a proper minion-master Cleric.
It's just, you know... I can't ever have more than 5 HD worth of 1 HD skeletons.
I'm not allowed to go to a graveyard and raise some shit, it's got to be freshly slain creatures as a houserule. And all we fight are humanoids with class levels. So far one skeleton has actually survived 2 whole combats and actually slayed one enemy. I'm level 8. ajj lmau
>>
>>44372454
>>44372419
You can save a lot on onyx using blood money.
>>
>>44372474
Houseruled out.
>>
>>44372474
>>44372473

And False Focus
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.