[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: seoni_xmas_2008_by_butterfrog.jpg (166 KB, 1280x1060) Image search: [Google]
seoni_xmas_2008_by_butterfrog.jpg
166 KB, 1280x1060
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd

Previous Thread: >>44346890
>>
File: 1442091343556.png (497 KB, 866x911) Image search: [Google]
1442091343556.png
497 KB, 866x911
First for
FAT
ELF
TATS
>>
File: 1431960555096.png (367 KB, 428x535) Image search: [Google]
1431960555096.png
367 KB, 428x535
>>44360381
Rather have Lini, desu.
>>
>>44360328

>You will never unwrap a Christmas Seoni

Are any of you planning, or having, a Christmas themed session?
>>
>>44360437
we have lives and families, anon.
>>
File: n-no.png (281 KB, 696x639) Image search: [Google]
n-no.png
281 KB, 696x639
>>44360381
>>
>>44360451

That's why I wasn't expecting a session today or tomorrow, anon-kun.
>>
>>44360451
You could still have one on like the 28th.
>>
>>44360437
>Are any of you planning, or having, a Christmas themed session?

That's the most plebian garbage I've ever heard of.

Think of good TV shows like The Walking Dead. Did they have Christmas-themed episodes? No.

Now think of bad TV shows like Eureka, which did have Xmas themed episodes.

If you are going to have an XMas themed session you are admitting that you are a shit DM, your story is shit, and that you are willing to trade what little quality you have left to put in some references to a shitty pagan holiday propped up by jewish corporations, that will make ZERO SENSE in the context of your narrative unless your dumb-ass setting actually has christmas. In which case, you might as well, because your setting and game have already gone to shit anyway.
>>
>>44360451

We had a Halloween themed session the week before Halloween, why not Christmas?
>>
>>44360381
Can she fucking fly with those ears or what?
>>
>>44360518

>The Walking Dead
>Good
>>
>>44360518
>not playing the real world as a setting
>keeping the swords and wizards and everything, so you just look like a bunch of psychotic LARPers in the campaign world
>>
>>44360328

>Paizo 2008

Which AP was released in 2008?
>>
>>44360604
Rise of the Memelords
>>
>>44360582
>the villains are like you too, evil necromancers and shit, ignoring guns for medieval warfare options because they're nuts
>but you're all kids and can't get help from adults with guns, or get guns yourself
>>
File: 2hu Fit to Burst.gif (39 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
2hu Fit to Burst.gif
39 KB, 230x230
>>44360582
>keeping the swords and wizards and everything, so you just look like a bunch of psychotic LARPers in the campaign world
>having a campaign set in your city, where you have to save the world from magic as the only people who notice all the magical bullshit going on
>you will never play a game like that

Just fuck me up sempai
>>
>>44360647
>>44360652
Sounds like Changeling to me.
>>
>>44360451

speak for yourself faggot.

We recently kicked a guy from our group because he announced his gf was pregnant. I mean, not right after he said that, we aren't TOTAL monsters. But we had his character railroaded into death then let him know he wouldn't be invited to any future sessions. He was a secondary character in the narrative anyway so it didn't really matter, and his death was somewhat meaningful anyway.

The reason is because we do not need the small shitstain he has just spawned, constricing our campaign which has been going on for FIVE YEARS (something that older RPGers can only dream of).

And this is a policy I recommend to all RPG players ESPECIALLY those playing Pathfinder (or D&D 5e) because these campaigns tend to last a long time (at least, the good ones tend to) and the arrival of a child can create strains on schedule that slowly tear the group apart.
>>
>>44360647
>kids can't get guns
I think this has to be set in Canada if you want USA-like urban culture but no obtainable guns for PCs.
>>
>>44360518
>unless your dumb-ass setting actually has christmas

http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Crystalhue

In Noiralog, you've also got Aclof handing out presents and candies to good little boys and girls.
>>
File: WMD.jpg (43 KB, 511x507) Image search: [Google]
WMD.jpg
43 KB, 511x507
>>44360672
I know trolling can be fun but it's Christmas, please stop.
>>
File: BaitsNewBait.jpg (44 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
BaitsNewBait.jpg
44 KB, 500x294
>>44360672
>mfw this entire post
>>
>>44360647
>but you're all kids and can't get help from adults with guns, or get guns yourself

Are you a Euro?
>>
File: 1448946307353.jpg (25 KB, 411x419) Image search: [Google]
1448946307353.jpg
25 KB, 411x419
>>44360672
Feels good to know edgelords like you will never breed.
>>
>>44360575

It's just an example, m8.

>>44360582

That sounds like a terrible campaign that uses the tropes of every harry potter horror movie and will probably stick to them like flypaper the entire time.

It will probably be a one-shot game, too, and you will waste time making builds for it and spend more time on your character than actually playing, because you insist on using a system not suited for one-shots for one-shots.

Pathfinder is for long and epic campaigns -- GOOD campaigns -- not low-effort one-shot ideas that fall apart because they are as shitty as they are unimaginative.

I fail to see how a Chr--mas themed RPG session could be anything but garbage.
>>
>>44360672
This sounds made-up, no way could you get 3+ other people to all say "yeah let's kick this guy, fucking asshole having kids and shit".
>>
>>44360690

>Aclof
>Not just naming him Adolf
>>
>>44360716
>Chr--mas
It's too cold for it to be summer, so why are the memesters going all out? Is this the true cost.of global warming? Year long summer posts?
>>
>>44360690

Crystalhue is an adorable holiday and it's shameful how little it gets used in a campaign.

In fact, most of Shelyn isn't really used, or most gods.

Hell, I'd go so far to say that most campaigns are just endless hallways filled with quest-giving nobility and endless hallways filled with things you need to kill (and sometimes the two interlap.)
>>
>>44360716
You sound really opposed to people thinking of ways to make something fun-sounding work, just disregarding the Christmas thing altogether. Why is that?
>>
>>44360695

This isn't trolling? It's good advice.

It's not meant to be bait, either.

I am simply stating the undeniable truth that children put strain on a gaming group because suddenly one player has to miss sessions to take care of little Johnny or go see his shitty preschool play.

If one player is dragging down the rest, what do you do?

If he was being a That Guy and playing loli furry characters, you'd kick him out as well.

He has decided his family is more important to him than RPGs. That is completely fine. But he has no right to drag down the rest of the group because of his decision.

>>44360709

> differing opinion on some aspects of life
> "edgelord"

Please explain how this is true.
>>
File: Intrigued.gif (582 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
Intrigued.gif
582 KB, 220x165
>>44360688
If I recall, you have to be at least 21 to get a concealed carry, and 18 for anything else. Assuming "child" is equated to "under 18", it's totally reasonable for a bunch of kids to not be able to LEGALLY acquire guns. You could totally just have them go grab them from their parents' closet or something if it's in murrika.

No idea if ammunition requires you to be a certain age, either. I also have a shitty grasp of all the regulations because I don't really give a shit at this point.
>>
>>44360752
There is such a thing as babysitters, anon. Parents can get away from their kids for one evening. And this isn't differing opinion, this is the ramblings of a naive faggot who hates kids for absolutely no reason and knows nothing about them. Either grow up and stop being an edgelord or get a vasectomy.
>>
>>44360518
>The Walking Talking
>good
>>
>>44360761
Well, in most states it's 18 to buy, and there's no age limit on using them in a lot of states.
>>
File: 1440950646163.png (13 KB, 523x497) Image search: [Google]
1440950646163.png
13 KB, 523x497
>>44360776

My DM squirted out a couple kids and she doesn't even need a babysitter.

You just need to run the campaign after their bedtime, which is generally 7 PM.
>>
>>44360718
>This sounds made-up, no way could you get 3+ other people to all say "yeah let's kick this guy, fucking asshole having kids and shit".

Okay, several things:

1) Your reactionary attitude toward the policy of an RPG group you will never meet or affect, is disrespectful and I do not appreciate it.

2) We did not say "fucking asshole having kids and shit." We have no issue with our friend having children. We are happy for him. However, it DOES mean that he no longer has a place in our group, as his life is going to become restricted and we consider it unfair for those restrictions to apply to the rest of us.

3) He's already had to cancel one session for his gf's baby shower. Do you really blame us for NOT wanting to be involved with this crap?

>>44360744
>Crystalhue is an adorable holiday and it's shameful how little it gets used in a campaign.

It's a nice idea, but it's not really a rip-off of Chr--mas as is. It's just a regular winter holiday made to be somewhat similar, in order to prevent a content producer from having to actually come up with any ideas.

I don't object to including winter holidays in a campaign; I object to uprooting a narrative just to include a real-world event that has nothing to do with the game. That is literally metagaming.
>>
>>44360437
>tfw players can't make it to the Crystalhue game

Here Paizo gave us something to actually USE in-setting for winter holiday stuff and I don't even get to use it.
>>
>>44360745
>You sound really opposed to people thinking of ways to make something fun-sounding work, just disregarding the Christmas thing altogether. Why is that?

Because:

1) It's not an idea worthy of working on. It's metagaming. It's putting a real-world event into a game for no reason.

2) It's the kind of gimmick idea best for a one-shot, which pathfinder does not work well for.

3) Even running a oneshot based on Christmas is rather pointless because it disturbs the basic assumptions of the Pathfinder meta-world (as in, like how gnomes hate kobolds in D&D even though there is not any one single official D&D setting (except maybe greyhawk)).
>>
>>44360761
The point is more that they are not difficult to obtain in SOME way, not that they are illegal to buy the same way an adult would.

Anyway I think it'd be fine, this way the Gunslinger class would specifically be that one kid whose parents either allow him to use their guns or do not watch their guns - not everyone can do that, so the system still holds up well enough.
>>
>>44360793
Yeah it's no big deal. Kids aren't the problem, autismos that have no idea how to deal with them are.
>>
File: 1410765740376.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1410765740376.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>44360796
>>44360752
>you have a real life
>so you can't play pretend with us anymore.

I hope your group remembers that policy when your grandmother gets cancer, because you honestly deserve it.
>>
>>44360776
>There is such a thing as babysitters, anon

Yes, certain nights of the week.

> And this isn't differing opinion, this is the ramblings of a naive faggot who hates kids for absolutely no reason

That's right, I forgot, when your worldview has been disturbed, call your opponent a "naive faggot" and claim his opinion has no basis while providing no reason of your own.

I don't hate kids, I just find them detrimental to the success of an RPG campaign. Particularly Pathfinder which relies on regular play and a strong narrative, as well as dedicated players.

> Either grow up and stop being an edgelord

Please define the term "edgelord" or stop using it.

> get a vasectomy.

I did. Now, can we please get back to discussing Pathfinder instead of you white-knighting children?
>>
File: 1303678074268.jpg (351 KB, 1280x2077) Image search: [Google]
1303678074268.jpg
351 KB, 1280x2077
Anyone got any pictures that'd work well for a Shadow Fey character?

I need an image for my character who's going to become one due to a curse.
>>
>>44360813
I think you're attaching the Christmas thing to the campaign idea way too hard when it was just a divergent topic and not an extension of it. The idea was that a modern-ish campaign could be being run and be fun, and Christmas would technically exist in that world, not that you have a dedicated True Meaning of Presents Under a Tree episode.
>>
File: Autism.jpg (811 KB, 1286x1254) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
811 KB, 1286x1254
>>44360796
>>44360839

You sound like you sorely need a secondary hobby if missing one session of pathfinder is such a major disaster for you.
>>
>>44360839
>I don't hate kids, I just find them detrimental to the success of an RPG campaign.

How long are your sessions? When do you run them?

Because unless you're dealing with newborns, your average baby or small child will be out like a rock by 8 PM, which is roughly around the time most campaigns should be starting.
>>
>>44360834

Explain why my grandmother getting cancer is anything like having children? And all of my grandparents are dead, so it doesn't really matter.

Also, I take issue with what you said.

> you have a real life so you can't play pretend with us anymore

For one, that is a pretty interesting opposition, isn't it? Between real world and pretend. Suffice to say that, with limited time, devoting time to one will inevitably detract from the other. That really is the crux of the issue. Not that my Pathfinder group spends all of their time on RPGs or other forms of escapism. Not at all. But the Pathfinder campaign is one of the dominant forces in our scheduling, second only to work and (for some of us) college. However those things are not nearly demanding as children, which have a way of sucking up free time and eating away at available time for sessions. We play Pathfinder weekly (as well as other games in subsets of our group throughout the week, in different systems) and we would like to keep it that way. We would do the exact same thing if one of our players were to suffer a debilitating disease or other factor that would eat up too much of their time and put strain on the group.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, anon. I am sorry if you are not mature enough to understand that.
>>
>>44360839
>Now, can we please get back to discussing Pathfinder instead of you white-knighting children?
The power to stop having this conversation rests within you, anon. But you can't bear not to get the last word in so you're going to keep replying to everyone who mentions it.
>>
>>44360865
>You sound like you sorely need a secondary hobby if missing one session of pathfinder is such a major disaster for you.

Three things here:

1) Missing a single session of Pathfinder is not a disaster for me, or anyone in our group. Someone's car broke down on the way to last session, so we canceled it and went to help him. No one was angry at all. These things happen.

2) Our group has secondary hobbies. I write and draw, as well as collecting firearms and miniatures.

3) A child does not result in a single missed session. A child results in MULTIPLE missed sessions as well as a HUGE constraint by a SINGLE player on the group. THAT is the difference. I have seen entire games die because of a single player deciding it was time to produce spawn, and then force his decision to weigh down an experience shared by half a dozen others.

If the lead man is pulling down the boat, the regular men should cut him loose, for the good of all. I really don't see why that is so difficult to understand.
>>
File: DunMeshVegetables.jpg (81 KB, 457x407) Image search: [Google]
DunMeshVegetables.jpg
81 KB, 457x407
>>44360752
>>44360796
>>44360839
>>44360895
I'm going to just pretend this isn't a poorly constructed ruse and lay something out for you, anon.

This is a hobby. You all get together to chuck dice and have a good time while you tell a story together. You are making it sound like you forced him out with no possible save because "that asshole had a kid and it's going to ruin everything". You are forcing someone out of a hobby because of an important life event. You are refusing to even entertain the possibility of flexibility, because you treat this as though this as some kind of attack on the "integrity of your campaign". Unless you are getting together for 14-hour sessions once a month, which you appear not to be doing, your reasoning makes you sound like an autist with a stick jammed up his ass.

TL;DR: Your wording makes you sound like a pretentious asshole that thinks he has some kind of moral high ground.
>>
>>44360437
No, but next session they will suddenly have colorfully wrapped boxes by their bags in the party camp. It'll contain an appropriate magic item for their level and class.
>>
>>44360895
>>44360935
You're just sperging out and fucking over your friend (railroading and killing his character, instead of simply retiring him) because he can't spend as much time with you as you like. That's childish as fuck.
>>
>>44360892
>How long are your sessions? When do you run them?

Our sessions last 6 to 7 hours and generally run from 6 PM to midnight on Thursday Friday or Saturday nights.

And, I have already had issues with people literally bringing their babies to sessions to vomit on the table because the wife had to work and they were stuck with it.

Or, during the time when we tried playing a different campaign online to keep a friend who had moved across the state, the baby was constantly bawling in the skype call and I eventually had to cut the session short to avoid hearing the demon child's screams.

>>44360920

No, the power to stop this conversation rests solely with you admitting that children are a deteriment to RPGs and that we had a perfectly legitimate reason to cut out a toxic person who was likely to drag our Pathfinder campaign down all by himself.
>>
>>44360935
You did this BEFORE he started being a problem, which you only believe will happen because of some other experience with someone else entirely. You ARE in the wrong here because there are thousands of people with kids who still keep up their roleplaying groups.
>>
>>44360942
>I'm going to just pretend this isn't a poorly constructed ruse and lay something out for you, anon.

It isn't a ruse, and I fail to see why it would be one.

> This is a hobby. You all get together to chuck dice and have a good time while you tell a story together.

That's about the size of it.

> You are making it sound like you forced him out with no possible save because "that asshole had a kid and it's going to ruin everything"

That is not true at all. If he gets an abortion we will happily welcome him back.

> You are forcing someone out of a hobby because of an important life event.

No, we are forcing him out of our group, because regular play is important to us. He is more than welcome to force his restrictive lifestyle on another gaming group. Just not ours.

Also, killing yourself is a major life event, but we wouldn't keep him in the group after that, either, would we? It'd be a bit creepy.

> You are refusing to even entertain the possibility of flexibility, because you treat this as though this as some kind of attack on the "integrity of your campaign".

Yes, because I have already seen this experience and I want to pre-empt it. It's like cutting out a tumor. Sure, it MIGHT not kill you, but after your grandma died from it, you might as well be on the safe side.

> Unless you are getting together for 14-hour sessions once a month, which you appear not to be doing, your reasoning makes you sound like an autist with a stick jammed up his ass.

Now you're just projecting.

> TL;DR: Your wording makes you sound like a pretentious asshole that thinks he has some kind of moral high ground.

I don't think I have a moral high ground. Merely that my group has the right to choose who belongs to their group and who does not. That is a basic right. Were it not, our groups would all be overrun by That Guys playing Kender Mages who constantly use Locate City Bomb for "lolrandumb" effects, and we couldn't do a thing.

This isn't much different.
>>
>>44360973
>referring to somebody as toxic simply because they had a kid

Just come out and admit it, anon, let the hate for the breeder normies flow through you and complete your path to the /r9k/ side.
>>
File: le skeptical policeman face.gif (756 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
le skeptical policeman face.gif
756 KB, 300x169
>>44360973
>Our sessions last 6 to 7 hours and generally run from 6 PM to midnight on Thursday Friday or Saturday nights.
>>
File: 1450147074076.png (191 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1450147074076.png
191 KB, 500x364
>>44360895
>Not that my Pathfinder group spends all of their time on RPGs or other forms of escapism
>But the Pathfinder campaign is one of the dominant forces in our scheduling
Wow, that's some conflicting ass statements right there.

>full-time work and full-time school
>not as demanding as children.
Fuck off. You have literally 0 experience with children.

I work part-time and go to uni full-time, and I'm late/unable to make it to more sessions than the guy who's on-call for his IT department 24hrs and has 2 kids.

>We would do the exact same thing if one of our players were to suffer a debilitating disease or other factor that would eat up too much of their time.
Nice Randian logic.

>bringing up maturity
A player had kids, so you railroaded his character into dying. Again, fuck off.
>>
>>44361027
please drop it, this is stupid
>>
File: rabbitsrevenge.gif (2 MB, 350x395) Image search: [Google]
rabbitsrevenge.gif
2 MB, 350x395
Stop taking the bait you nincompoops.
>>
>>44360962

Several things:

1) When did I say he was my friend? We are at best friendly acquaintances.

2) I am not "sperging out." We handled this in a calm and diplomatic matter.

3) We offered him the option of him retiring, or fading to dust, or getting a cool death. So he had a choice. It wasn't railroading.

4) We did not "fuck him over." He already did that to himself. Now he has to face the consequences.

> he can't spend as much time with you as you like.

Yes, and as a major part of our game, that means that we now have to schedule around his MASSIVELY limited lifestyle. That means that many are suffering for the sins of a few, or the few are suffering for the sins of one, in this case. That is not acceptable.
>>
>>44361046
It's definitely not bait though, it's some guy who made a terrible unjustified decision to fuck over a fellow player and needs to jump through insane logical hoops in his head now to pretend it was right to do. He can't admit to being wrong at this point, it would be too damaging to his ego or whatever.
>>
>>44360995

The second he impregnated her he started being a problem.

> which you only believe will happen because of some other experience with someone else entirely.

Actually, unless he has literally zero involvement with his child, it WILL happen. Kids take up a lot of time, and it is hard to find time when someone is so busy with them.

> okay guys does saturday at 6 still sound good
> yup
> yeah
> sorry I have to take care of the baby while my wife's at work
> oh, okay. What about the next day
> we are going north to see her family so they can see the baby
> oh, well fuck that shit then. what about next week.....?
>>
>>44360935
Not the guy that's been replying to you, but I think the thing that has everyone riled up is a combination of the tone you're taking (which is coming off as pretty high and mighty, a tone that pretty much guarantees people on 4chan will be giving you shit no matter what you're actually talking about) and the way you choose to handle the situation. I think a lot of people would probably agree that someone having a baby would cause that player to have a much harder time making it to a session, and that them suddenly having those attendance issues can be rough on a campaign. Having been in a similar situation before, I can relate to that.

But people are thinking you're a dick because you described the way you handled is as "we had his character railroaded into death then let him know he wouldn't be invited to any future sessions". Now, maybe that was just a bad choice of words and the way it was handled was not as bad as that seems to suggest. But we can't know that, all we can know is what it suggests and it suggests you picked one of the most dick-ass ways to remove a person from a campaign as you could. Like others have pointed out, it would have been much more reasonable and mature to just talk with the player in question, bring up the issue, and then collectively find a way to retire his PC if an alternative solution can't be found, so that the player can leave the campaign on a decent note.

>>44361034
That's not so weird, Anon. My group does the same thing, save that we pretty much never play on Thursday.
>>
>>44361042
>Wow, that's some conflicting ass statements right there.

Those statements do not conflict. Pathfinder requires us all to be together in the same place at the same time. Our other hobbies do not. Therefore, dedicating a block of time to it, requires all of our schedules to be in sync.
>>
>>44361056
>so he had a choice. It wasn't railroading.
If we look up the reply chain...
>"But we had his character railroaded into death then let him know he wouldn't be invited to any future sessions."

OK.
>>
>>44361056
>We offered him the option of him retiring, or fading to dust, or getting a cool death. So he had a choice. It wasn't railroading.
>>44360672
>But we had his character railroaded into death then let him know he wouldn't be invited to any future sessions.

Yeah, sure thing there, buddy. Just go on being a pretentious fuckwit.
>>
File: 1413565794503.jpg (62 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1413565794503.jpg
62 KB, 625x626
>>44361056
>spend 5 years in the same campaign
>at best an acquaintance
What

>major part of our game
>He was a secondary character in the narrative anyway so it didn't really matter
And here the lies fall apart.
>>
File: ohboi2.png (71 KB, 735x595) Image search: [Google]
ohboi2.png
71 KB, 735x595
Well this thread went sideways pretty quick. Though I have to admit, it's rather refreshing to see some other kind of post set this off than the usual culprits.

Anyhoo, a Merry Christmas Eve, /pfg/! How are your games going (if any)?
Our Mythic campaign seems to be heading back on track starting next week. Hopefully; one of our players typically has a board meeting on the first Thursday of every month, and go figure, Thursday is the only day out of the week that we can get organized. Fortunately this just means he runs a little later than usual by no more than ten to fifteen minutes or so.
>>
>>44361042
>Fuck off. You have literally 0 experience with children.

Not directly, but I have seen what they do to a person's life, and that lifestyle is not compatible with our group.

> I work part-time and go to uni full-time, and I'm late/unable to make it to more sessions than the guy who's on-call for his IT department 24hrs and has 2 kids.

So, similarly, we would remove you from our group.

> Nice Randian logic.

Explain why it's wrong then.

> A player had kids, so you railroaded his character into dying. Again, fuck off.

No, I will not fuck off. This action on the part of my group:

1) Does not involve you.

2) Does not affect you.

3) Was for the better of the majority of our group.

4) Was a consequence of a voluntary action (his insemination of his wife)

5) Is reversible (abortion).

He has nothing to complain about, and neither do you. Fuck off.
>>
File: BaitDontCare.png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
BaitDontCare.png
35 KB, 625x626
>this thread's face when
>your face when
>my face when

>>44361056
If everything is fine, then you should have phrased it as such instead of sounding like you were oh so proud of pushing out a "toxic player" and railroading his character to death for daring to "fuck himself over with a child". You instead chose to sound like an asshole, and then got confused when people called you an asshole.
>>
>>44361085
It's also that he assumed it would be a problem before any indication of it being such. Loads of people have kids and regularly participate in roleplaying sessions. Like, huge huge numbers of people. Yet he's assuming instantly, the moment his wife is pregnant, that this guy will absolutely be one of the problem group-limiting baby-havers.

There's also no actual reason to do so UNTIL there's a problem if you're already prepared to meet without him anyway. It's completely unnecessary to address this maybe-problem with the same means now that you could just use if he becomes an actual-problem, with no loss whatsoever.
>>
>>44361033
>and complete your path to the Paizo side.

Fixed that for you, considering Paizo's disgust towards children.

Maybe it has to do with them cutting into game-time, who knows!
>>
>>44361080

Several things:

1) I did not make the decision. My group did in an email chain that said member was not a part of.

2) Again, we did not fuck him over. He made the choices that led to his current state. It'd be like going insane then blaming your framily for putting you in a psych ward.

3) My ego does not rest on this decision, and my conscience is clear. Also, our "friend" can easily reverse his decision and regain access to our group. We have even offered to help pay for the operation, should he decide that.
>>
>>44361178
I'm fucking dying, you really had me anon. Cheers.
>>
>>44361125

Secondary character =/= he can just miss games whenever he wants. That is not okay. What are we supposed to do, pretend he wasn't there?

Again, what I mean by not mattering, is that it's like that old-ass gandalf dude in Harry Potter dying. Sure it was sad but it didn't ruin the story. Whereas if Harry had died, it would have fucked up everything. That was what I meant, shitty harry potter analogy nonwishstanding.
>>
File: 1430018604365.gif (675 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1430018604365.gif
675 KB, 480x270
You know, while we're on the topic.

How do you include children in your campaigns? Have they ever been integral to the plot, or even as the offspring of a PC?
>>
>>44361178
It's funny how much you hate children yet act like a child.
>>
>>44361147
>If everything is fine, then you should have phrased it as such instead of sounding like you were oh so proud of pushing out a "toxic player" and railroading his character to death for daring to "fuck himself over with a child". You instead chose to sound like an asshole, and then got confused when people called you an asshole.

I am not proud of it. But I am not ashamed of it either.

>>44361168
>Fixed that for you, considering Paizo's disgust towards children.

Please explain. I am not really familiar with the meta-culture of Pathfinder.
>>
File: 1446440498910.png (458 KB, 1079x1132) Image search: [Google]
1446440498910.png
458 KB, 1079x1132
>>44361140
>How are your games going (if any)
Hopefully this session I'll be able to flex my character's muscles and do some crazy shit, although I think I've reached a point where the DM has to play around my character lest he completely shut down encounters.

I now know what it's like to play a T1 caster, though those are probably even worse.
>>
>>44361165

We did it right away because, if our fears were confirmed, we didn't want to have to cancel sessions just so this guy could be available so that we got rid of him. We were just pre-empting the inevitable.

>>44361202

Why are you dying?
>>
>>44361207
Sort of. It's been fairly common in long-running groups for someone to start playing the child of their last character come to avenge their death or just continue their legacy in a different generation.
>>
>>44361213
HAHA TIME FOR FREUD!
>>
>>44361223
>>44361140
>>44360381
>>44360479
Who dis?
>>
>>44361207
Just recently started a game where my character's siblings have children. My character met up with them, gave the kids gifts, told them stories of his adventures, and played some ball games with them. Was fun, actually, made my character really feel like an actual person and not a murder hobo. When his brother and sister asked him why's not settled down yet, it kind of soured the mood though (his girlfriend was kidnapped and sold into slavery, which was why he started his adventuring career in the first place).
>>
>>44361219
>Please explain. I am not really familiar with the meta-culture of Pathfinder.

Some of the power players at Paizo have a certain distaste for children that ranges from calling women who opted to have children in ancient times "breeders" and that Medieval society can function and in fact thrive when most women have between 0-2 children.

There was also a particular little tirade about how a woman's worth was not in how many children they can have, and that women can lead perfectly happy, successful lives "child-free." While true, the fact the user herself is a 30+ single woman does make you question if she's just bitter and projecting.
>>
File: 1441507251140.jpg (56 KB, 340x565) Image search: [Google]
1441507251140.jpg
56 KB, 340x565
>>44361213

Explain how any of my acts are childish. We removed a potential toxic player from the group. We were calm, composed, and professional when we confronted him. We offered him options on how to remove his character from the campaign. We offered him a chance to return if his wife chose an abortion.

We were fairly accommodating, in my opinion.
>>
>>44361140
Oi, Dorian. Photoshop a Christmas hat on Elsbeth's head, or let me know whether or not it's okay if I do it. I was going to earlier but then I stopped and considered I should ask the artist before editing the art.

Anyway, my game is going... Eh. It's good, don't get me wrong, but these last few sessions we've been at war, literally, and using the mass combat rules a lot. But no one is happy with them, so it's kind of dragging the session down. I'm actually more concerned about something else, though. Soon I'm probably going to have to drop out of this campaign that I've been in for multiple years, because I'm getting a job that's not going to leave me with much room to negotiate on time schedules. My hours haven't been established yet, but the most likely time shift I'll be stuck with overlaps heavily with the time we usually run the game.

So, even though I'm enjoying the game I've got some lingering worries in the back of my mind about that.
>>
File: TopGun.png (12 KB, 526x544) Image search: [Google]
TopGun.png
12 KB, 526x544
Stop replying you ninnies.
>>
>>44361261

Interesting. Got any links? I'd like to read more.
>>
File: 1448402287649.png (335 KB, 576x808) Image search: [Google]
1448402287649.png
335 KB, 576x808
>>44361252
FAT
ELF
TATS
>>
File: 1448773760268.png (93 KB, 339x261) Image search: [Google]
1448773760268.png
93 KB, 339x261
>>44361270
>Photoshop a Christmas hat on Elsbeth's head

>Christmas hat on Elsbeth's head
>Not Christmas hats on her boobs
>>
>>44361311
Why not both?
>>
File: Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg (40 KB, 397x331) Image search: [Google]
Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg
40 KB, 397x331
>>44361303
They are too fat, she is like a big blob of tits. She would spill out into a big blubber puddle if her girdle came off. Ooze type creature.
>>
>>44361332

I mean the hats are on them like socks.

Boob socks, with puffy white balls on the tips.
>>
File: 1436314137409.png (137 KB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
1436314137409.png
137 KB, 1344x756
>>44361145
>but I have seen what they do to a person's life
No, you've seen movie and television dramatizations of what they do.

I was there when both my brother and my best friend had kids. It's not that bad.

Maybe you should go back to theoatmeal, or reddit.

>we would remove you from the group for having a life.
So you're saying you kicked him because he voluntarily chose to have kids (not how impregnation actually works, unless they were trying for a kid), but you're also saying that I'd be forced out because I need to work to eat and have a car and gas, and uni so I can continue living in my dorm and maybe stop working at weenie hut jr.

Either way, you sound like a douche.

>Explain why Randian Logic is wrong
Because it's social Darwinism on a small scale? Because if you applied Rand-style thinking to a game of D&D everyone would be LE dickasses trying to fuck the other PCs over to get a leg up?

>Does not involve or effect you
You chose to share the story. You involved the readers.

>was better for the majority.
I'm sure it'd be better for the majority of society if you committed suicide, but hey.

>voluntary
See above.

>Have an abortion to play pretend with us again.
Hahaha. Now I know this is bait.
>>
Just started Hell's Rebels.

Holy shit is the writing in this thing garbage.

Descriptions do not line up with encounters, entire stat blocks are missing, basically everything about it is the most hipstery forced tumblr shit I've ever seen.
>>
File: Hello.png (110 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Hello.png
110 KB, 560x560
>>44361252
Her name is Elsbeth Lanaulhûn. She's my Half-Elf Wizard that I've been spamming the /pfg/ with since I entered the Mythic campaign she's part of back in February or so. I still need to write down her backstory and save in a doc for everyone since old posts containing parts of her written story are long gone.

>>44361270
>spoiler
That's very kind of you to ask, anon! Feel free to edit away if you'd like! I do plan on trying to get something done for tomorrow, but that largely depends on whether or not I can tackle my current workload, which shouldn't be hard once I get a fresh cup of coffee. And damn. Well, at least you have a new job on the horizon.
>>
>>44361412
You know /pfg/ is going to want weekly reports from you about your game now, right? What are your players running?
>>
File: 1449987360377.jpg (31 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
1449987360377.jpg
31 KB, 500x321
>>44361414
She's a HALF elf? With those gigantic ears? What do your FULL elves look like?
>>
>>44361414
yaaay, christmas Elsbeth!
>>
>>44361378

No, I have known people in real life who had children and watched it destroy their free time and hobbies. Stop making up bullshit to fit your view of what you think I am. That's strawmanning at its finest.

> I was there when both my brother and my best friend had kids. It's not that bad.

Your anecdotal evidence is no better than mine.

> Maybe you should go back to theoatmeal, or reddit.

Really, that's your argument? I think I can declare victory then.

> So you're saying you kicked him because he voluntarily chose to have kids (not how impregnation actually works, unless they were trying for a kid), but you're also saying that I'd be forced out because I need to work to eat and have a car and gas, and uni so I can continue living in my dorm and maybe stop working at weenie hut jr.

No, it would be because your lifestyle would be too restrictive and we would not be willing to accept a player who could only attend intermittenly. Plenty of people work and eat but have less restrictive schedules, because they made intelligent life choices that allowed them to do so.

> Because it's social Darwinism on a small scale? Because if you applied Rand-style thinking to a game of D&D everyone would be LE dickasses trying to fuck the other PCs over to get a leg up?

No, because it's us dicking each other over for profit, it's us kicking out a single problem player for the good of the group. So it's the opposite really.

> You chose to share the story. You involved the readers.

Yes, but your level of asshurt over it was uncalled for.

> I'm sure it'd be better for the majority of society if you committed suicide, but hey.

Okay.

> Hahaha. Now I know this is bait.

It's not, though. Baby was problem. Removing baby will remove problem. It's simple mathematics.

>>44361412

I agree, anon, I remember reading it because I was considering trying it on my group, and I am glad I did not spend actual money on it / run it.
>>
File: ChaikaYes.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaYes.gif
3 MB, 500x281
>>44361140
>Main campaign of Shattered Star going well, finally making it to the big ol' dungeon to get the second artifact and kill the wererat gang boss
>the first artifact defaulted to me, because I had the first int-based character, and I'm the party skill monkey
>had a short talk with my GM about some spoilers, agreed to try to keep quiet, do my best to pretend I know nothing and to not send my Promethean Alchemist's homunculus over to trigger the Sorshen "trap"
>side-campaign between me and the GM has a few bumps because our dicebot keeps extending fights and forcing us to waste resources
>wound up spending four turns to kill a malnourished goblin as it repeatedly shanked my knees, because I kept rolling 2's and 3's while the goblin rolled 19's and 20's
>my character is a destined bloodrager that worships Cayden, and is supposed to be all about good fortune
>mfw he has the shittiest luck imaginable

My first pathfinder experience was pretty shit, but I like my currant GM a lot.

>>44361207
It depends on what the children are there "for", really. I've had other players play children before, but those games were often on the lighthearted side. In the above Shattered Star campaign, my character's backround had him lose his wife and child to a plague, motivating him towards alchemy and to join the party. The closest I've gotten so far to "playing a child" is my alchemist's homunculus.
>>
>>44361439
That's fine.
Catfolk Corsair Swashbuckler (Worked well for the first encounter, as he is a foreign pirate captain, and the big protest is directly related to the fact that foreign captains are no longer allowed in the city)
Gathlain Oracle of Life (starting with broken wings, cumilative 20% chance each level that her wings start to work again, so 100% at level 5)
Skinwalker(Were-tiger) Lotus Geisha Bard. (DMPC / Party support)
Tiefling(Demodand-blooded) Aerokineticist (Missed first session due to christmassy obligations)

They just cleared out the first "Dungeon" which takes place in an abandoned safehouse of le old rebellion, place contained gremlins which did 1d3-4 on bites, failed every check to give the players lice, and missed on every attempt to vomit on players, they straight up wasted time, that's all.
Also contained two Lemures, which I suppose players are supposed to sneak around or something, because they have DR5/Good, Silver, and a silver weapon is part of the loot.

Either way, they spent 15 rounds trading blows with the lemures, thanks to the oracle having Protection from Evil.

They were headed to the new safehouse when we called the session, the new safehouse being a god damn coffeehouse. I'm unsure if I'm going to have it filled with insufferable hipster 20-somethings or not, I feel like that would be playing into Crystal's magical realm.
>>
Jesus christ mystic maneuvers really ARE a clusterfuck. I mean, I get how it works, it just strikes me as needless.

It's a shame too, because it gets access to the EXACT disciplines I want, but I'm not subjecting myself to that mess just to swing sword cool.
>>
>>44361080
Nah. Motherfuckers did the guy a favor.

Now he can get a group that isn't dogshit.
>>
>>44361572
So don't. Trait or tradition the discs with another class. Or ask your dm to houserule a new recovery. The people who like mystic recovery can keep using it, and the people who don't can use other classes.
>>
>>44361572
They're really not. Write readied maneuvers on cards, take 2 you want, shuffle the rest. Draw a card every turn. If there are no cards left, your maneuvers are recovered: take 2 you want, reshuffle the deck, and do it again.
>>
>>44361207
My current character is the only adult in or party. And by that, I mean he's an 19 year old Varisian who set out on his own quest, only to wind up founding his own caravan to take in the group of children that he ran across.

The original idea of the campaign was to have a short prequel session where all of our characters were children, but we never really got a chance to rest and time skip after that adventure, since my character and another PC sacrificed themselves to let the others escape from pursuing Hellknights. The end result has been a group of 13 year olds (and 2 thirtysomething dwarf brothers) fleeing towards Andoran at breakneck pace ever since.
>>
I like Sacred geometry. But even the more lenient GMs I come across have issue with it. (One says that it is because it's IC reward for strictly OoC plays)
Here's my idea for Sacred Geo mechanical rework:
Apply your metamagic to the spell and check the adjusted level against the highest spell level you can cast.

Roll a number of d6 equal to your ranks in knowledge engineering and sum them together. This is your target number. If you have skill focus engineering you can maximize 3 of the dice.

Roll a D100. If the result is less than or equal to the target number then you cast the altered spell successfully.

If the adjusted spell level is less than or equal to the highest spell levels you can cast, you can Flip-flop the result of the d100 (switch the 10's place digit with the 1's place, i.e. 51 becomes 15)

Probably lowers the chances of success, but I tried.
>>
Daemons and Demons are pronounced the same, right?
How do you distinguish them verbally?
>>
>>44361651
Daymons.
Deemons.

What are you, new?
>>
>>44361657
The original pronunciation of daemon is the same as demon, isn't it?
>>
>>44361657
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/daemon
>>
>>44361684
No.
>>
>>44361651
Daymond
>>
>>44361698
>http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/daemon
Dat also.
>>
>>44361657
But that's wrong, which is why I'm having this problem.
>>
>>44361684
Yes
>>
>>44360796
>1) Your reactionary attitude toward the policy of an RPG group you will never meet or affect, is disrespectful and I do not appreciate it.
Oh, the fucking irony.
>>
>>44361744
Except for the fact that it is not wrong.
Socrates himself spoke of Daemons, specifically his own internal one, it was pronounced Dai(Dye)(Die)mon.
>>
What are we arguing about? I can't follow the train of logic. Is it someone in this guy's group has kids so they kicked him out? I mean that's kind of a dick move, but what is everyone so mad about?
>>
>>44361787
Basically that he was acting as if it's the absolute correct option from every possible angle and not a dick move in any way.

Post more maps
>>
File: daemon.jpg (44 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
daemon.jpg
44 KB, 440x330
>>44361651
>>
>>44361807
I am working on the map of Silverdale at the moment. The map tool I used earlier isn't the best for thus honestly, but I will try my best.
>>
>>44361754

How is that ironic? I am not telling you how to run your games, simply recommending a course of action.

>>44361807
>Basically that he was acting as if it's the absolute correct option from every possible angle and not a dick move in any way.

But it was. The only angle where it wasn't, is the bleeding heart angle where we fuck over everybody to indulge someone who made an objectively shitty life choice.
>>
>>44361651
I still don't know why the fuck they couldn't just call them something else.
>>
File: 1450818128894.png (49 KB, 1111x1024) Image search: [Google]
1450818128894.png
49 KB, 1111x1024
>>44361838
Merry Christmas, anon.

I know you're not hearing it from anyone else this year, just know that one person somewhere on the internet cares that you exist.
>>
>>44361838
Because you are a hypocritical, reactionary retard.

Now do us all a favor and fellate a shotgun.
>>
>>44361807
Also, here is an updated map of the region, again it is just minor updates but there are there. I am also reposting explanations.

The districts of Silverdale are exactly that. Silverdale and the various small community's under the capital's protection. The reason they are green is because the capital uses control weather to ensure a growing season sustainable enough to keep the population fed. Weather witches being moved from the capital to various locations to keep the weather roughly stable.

Down south is the stacks, referred to each such for the Dwarven near vertical cities. Each is centered around sets of volcanic vents. The gushing gases leave minearls encrusted on the inside of the stack, dwarves them scrape them off. Each city is roughly independent, vying for power with one another to control the wealth coming from the volcano. They trade in one of the most precious commodities, heat. Rights to siphon volcanic substances and more play a key role in their political dealings.

Vol, the island, is where what is thought to be the last dragon lives. An ancient male white great wyrm, who is on the verge of dying of old age. Determined to see the end of the world, "Because the dragons were at the beginning of the story, they deserve to see it's end."

Along the coast west of of Silverdale are the cities of the Raiders Beyond the Kel, referring to themselves as Milvoor's Legion. They are what remain of the goblinoid people who were shunned during the creation of Silverdale. Seat Beyond the Kel is their capital, a sprawling port that take in the less desirable shunned from Silverdale and The Stacks.
>>
>>44361620
That's fine and all if you like the system, but to me it just seems totally unnecessary. I do my games online, with online character sheets. So in this scenario my GM has to keep an up-to-date list of my manuevers and add yet another thing to keep track of throughout the course of combat.

Either that, or it's in my hands, which I don't believe is an appropriate way to handle something like this in an online game. With any other initiating class, it's as simple as "this is what you get, do this to recover them". I'm not saying it's a *bad* mechanic, only that I do not like it nor the extra layers of bookkeeping it necessitates.

>>44361643
>But even the more lenient GMs I come across have issue with it
Because when it works it's disgustingly overpowered, and when it doesn't work it slows the game down to a fucking crawl while the party wizard is doing math. On top of that, the feat is meta as fuck. No sane GM would allow it at their table, much like the master summoner.
>>
>>44361897
>slows the game to a fucking crawl

Yeah, if your players are fucking first graders.

I've done it for multiple games, and it takes 5 seconds at the fucking maximum.

Either you never actually tried it, or you're a literal retard.
>>
>>44361917
Okay cool, then it still comes around to my other points: it's blatantly overpowered and exists entirely in the metagame.
>>
Do crossbows have any gimmicks to them?
Weaker than bows but still.
>>
File: 1449809592622.gif (140 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
1449809592622.gif
140 KB, 500x465
>>44361946
"oh no, a wizard will be overpowered in Pathfinder."
>>
File: Map (3).jpg (812 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Map (3).jpg
812 KB, 1024x768
>>44361896
Oh geez, the map. I forgot the map. Christmas things may interfere with the creation of a rough draft of the player's guide today, but I will try and get bits of it done.

Along with a map of Silverdale itself. Some of the features that are cool.

>The Salt Spire, a massive tower of basalt that has been hollowed out and filled with fortification to guard the bay.

>The Low Port is one of the three shipyards of Silverdale, and the military one. Around it are the barracks and housing for the standing military of the capital, and the training grounds for the fabled extermination teams.

>The Shadestreets, because the city is not much more than cliffs overlooking a port the shadeways make up the various entries into the burrowed city. Numerous levels of it exist, the more wealthy as you go up.

>The Green Port, otherwise known as the Rotheap is where commercial ships are allowed from other countries. Heavily screened for "undesirables".

>Archibald's Port is the least innocuous of the three, and is the domestic port for shipping between the cities along Silverdale's pay.

>The Garden is a massive dome atop the bluff Silverdale is inside of. Only Council members and their guests are allowed inside, and those who live in the city proper whisper of the kinds of decadence allowed to the council members within.
>>
>>44361969
Bolt Ace is a thing.
>>
>>44361970
I have to agree with him. Wizards are already powerful. Sacred Geometry makes the game into even more of a joke than it is. We should endeavor to reign in wizard, not say "because it's broke we should grind it to dust".

I like the feat conceptually to because it has good flavor, but it does not translate well.
>>
>>44361970
Good point, the wizard should be allowed to do whatever it wants because it's already overpowered, so what's the harm in being able to spontaneously apply metamagic to his spells without any increase in casting time or slot increase?

>>44361986
Bolt ace is a pretty bad gimmick.
>>
>>44361869

It's not Christmas, yet, dumbfuck.

>>44361873
>Because you are a hypocritical, reactionary retard.

Explain how I am hypocritical, or reactionary. In fact, I PREEMPTED a problem which is hte opposite of reactionary.
>>
File: 1411407384377.png (98 KB, 238x225) Image search: [Google]
1411407384377.png
98 KB, 238x225
>>44362019
>without any increase in casting time
sorry, it actually increases casting time. Never mind it's perfectly balanced.
>>
>>44362023
Please, can we just stop the argument. This has nothing to do with pathfinder and obviously neither of you are going to convince the other. All it is doing is shitting up the thread.
>>
>>44362019
>Bolt ace is a pretty bad gimmick.
While it doesn't have Manyshot, it is otherwise every bit as powerful as archery, but SAD.

Taking more than 5 levels of the class is a waste as far as I can tell tho.
>>
>>44362023
And here we continue to see you screaming about how it would be a problem.

As I said. Shotgun, mouth, save us all some trouble, you brain-dead lump.
>>
>>44361140
Yesterday we had a session in my GM's custom campaign. Our Antipaladin just fell, or rose rather and saved us from a fleet of pirates. Now we conquered an island and have three months of downtime. I have no idea what to do with downtime so if anyone can help me that'd be super swell.
>>

GM just told me 5% less exp per level difference for multiclassing.

What the fuck

Welp. I finally had a campaign to play in after a few sessions and was enjoying myself but the guy who recruited me JUST told me he was That GM who houserules to nerf players
>>
>>44361207
I could - if I ever get to GM that campaign I wanted. Technically speaking, two of the Alchemists another guy in the group runs are father and (adopted) daughter, but their names are also both math puns, the dad's a Ratfolk with a familiar made of his own lung cancer, and the daughter's a grown Tiefling.

I like my group, they're cool guys.
>>
>>44362215
>3.5
>penalties for multiclassing
Simply epic. Drop it like a hot potato
>>
>>44362241
At this point i'd get a 25% exp penalty
>>
>>44362143
Where's downtime god when you need him?
>>
File: festiveelsbeth.jpg (196 KB, 865x910) Image search: [Google]
festiveelsbeth.jpg
196 KB, 865x910
>>44361414
Okay, here's my shitty job of photoshopping Christmas cheer into your half-elf. Although, now that I think about it, I have to wonder if "Christmas cheer" is more Helen's speed.
>>
>>44362252
Isn't his guide still in the pastebin?
>>
>>44362072
That's a waste of ammunition. Just let him rot.
>>
File: 1421390159281.gif (947 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1421390159281.gif
947 KB, 500x374
I want to punish one of my greedy PCs. He tries to take and steal everything without understanding the items. I am going to place a bag of holding and portable hole the parties treasure. The blackhole effect of the two is a 10ft radius but I don't know the duration.

pic semi-related, how I'll feel when he kills himself
>>
>>44362312
Is he taking items from other players? Then yeah, fuck him with a rusty chainsaw. Of course, there's no guarantee his next character won't be the same, but also checks his shit.
>>
>>44362312
Don't spite him for metagame reasons - wait until he does something dumb, like stealing from an ancient tomb without making sure the treasure isn't cursed, or stealing from an important dignitary who can hire adventurers of close levels to the party due to the sheer amount of MONEY and SPITE he has, then spring an appropriate in-universe punishment.

Or wait for him to steal from the rest of the party and let the other PC's do the job for you.
>>
>>44362312
I must ask for more information. Is he stealing from people or just looting without thinking first? It makes a pretty big difference in the kinds of consequences he'll have.
>>
File: 1435721502760.jpg (55 KB, 500x730) Image search: [Google]
1435721502760.jpg
55 KB, 500x730
SHOWER THOUGHTS STUPID HOUSE RULE IDEA WARNING

All noncasters get full BAB
All 3/4 casters get 3/4 BAB
All full casters get 1/2 BAB
All casters use the same spell list, spells per day, etc, depending on their casting tier

Full BAB noncasters can choose to have a free gestalt with fighter, or 1/4 casting as bloodrager

Full BAB noncasters can instead become casters by lowering their BAB to the appropriate tier

Full or 3/4 casters can choose to raise/lower their casting tier to gain/lose BAB as appropriate

Thoughts? Ideas? Obviously there's some things like cleric getting possibly nerfed, slayer probably sucking compared to rogue, full caster summoner being strong, and full BAB witchknight having some great abilities, but just what do you think in general of the idea?
>>
So how exactly do I into melee combat as a 3/4 BAB character. I plan on playing a Stalker with mithral current from unorthodox method and I'm not really sure what I should be doing with such mediocre to-hit. Or should I just drop that idea entirely?
>>
>>44362439
Sounds awful, like, all around awful.
>>
>>44362023
I'm not usually one of those guys that invokes boogeymen, but I'm 95% sure you're virt.

On a different note, Merry Christmas to /pfg/ from Australia!
>>
>>44362445
Pump your attack bonus with stats and other options and try to flank, since most strikes don't care about the iterative penalties. It works the same way as someone like an unchained rogue trying to fight.
>>
>>44362445
>mediocre to-hit
>losing 2 or 3 points at the very most
Try harder.
>>
File: 2hupantingaricu.gif (4 MB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
2hupantingaricu.gif
4 MB, 480x300
>>44362439
Eh, personally it sounds kind of neat, but it would probably require you to overhaul the entire system to make it work. At that point, you're probably better off making an entirely new system.

>can raise or lower BAB to lose/gain casting tiers
>mfw a 4th-level caster magus with bladebound and kensai
>mfw basically just a martial that can enchant its weapon and gain a fuckton of cheesy additional abilities
>if it keeps cantrips, it can still spell combat before getting 1st level spells
>you could just use pearls of power and traits to fuel your shocking grasps and bladed dashes

I know it'd be so unbelievably shit, but I want it anyway.
>>
File: 1434367731089.gif (453 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
1434367731089.gif
453 KB, 500x393
Alright /pfg/ you get to make one pathfinder grill real and she will become you're waifu. Whatever powers or skills she has she will retain. Who do you choose? Husbandos allowed too.
>>
Oh, and posting this one last time to source opinions! A few polls!

First is for difficulty:
>http://strawpoll.me/6349215

Next is for themes:
>http://strawpoll.me/6349247

Last is for NPCs:
>http://strawpoll.me/6351187

And the current statistics are the following!

For difficulty the most votes are for 6 difficulty, with 5 being average difficulty. Followed by 10 and 7. The average when taking all the votes is currently 7.46, so just about 7.5.

For themes the winner is Nobledark at 9 votes, followed by The Long Journey & Lost Beauty with 8, with Noblebright & Monsters behind them at 6.

For the NPCs the favorite appears to be Answith Eave, the resident oracle miracle healer, followed by Helmund Rither, the young politician.

Again, feel free to suggest themes, NPCs, and ask questions! I love answering questions!
>>
>>44362579
Pharasma. Most powerful goddess in love with me? Fuck yes.
>>
>>44360437
I participated in a Christmas one shot on roll20 but the GM was a massive faggot. I ignored so many red flags cuz he had apparently been GMing for over 10 years. But then his gmpc (a "rogue/healer" to fill non existant holes in the party) did some superpowered anime blast as an attack of opportunity while flat footed when the enemy didn't even really provoke. I still didn't leave.
Then on his turn he did some more "like dragonball" (his words) shit with a +62 to hit and over 200 damage. On a rogue healer.
So I called him a faggot for wasting my time and left.
>>
>>44362579
Awoo, because she seems like she'd be a good friend
>>
>>44362678
>being this beta
>>
>>44362579
>implying I would need Abrogail Thrune II to love me
>implying the plan isn't to have her pose enough of a unified threat to humanity that even ISIS will have to work with its enemies to combat her

War makes strange bedfellows.
>>
File: 1417592006026.png (120 KB, 387x357) Image search: [Google]
1417592006026.png
120 KB, 387x357
>>44362650
I guess he likes jerking off with other people watching.
>>
File: Drakaina.png (2 MB, 1310x931) Image search: [Google]
Drakaina.png
2 MB, 1310x931
>>44362579
>>
>>44362798
Set up a maternity ward to help people have kids in minutes instead of months?
>>
>>44362339
>>44362344
>>44362363
Just going to address all at once. The group I am in has been playing together for 2 1/2 years, I came in about a year ago, and this guy shortly after me. He has played a sorcerer, rogue paladin, warpriest, another rogue, a necromancer, a magus, and a wizard. All of these characters were the same: he complained when everyone got a quest item, he molests our characters with "what magic do you have?" when he hears the gm or players exchange minor magic items, he has tried to steal from characters either when they are asleep or right when they pull it because muh kleptomania. Like I said all of his characters act this way. We have told him to just calm down and he does for about a half hour.
This is just a planned want for single assured destruction when he does in fact do this again, if he chills and doesn't I won't do it.
>>
>>44362869
If it's an IRL group just kneecap him.
>>
>>44362869
Does he exclusively play Kender or something?
>>
>>44362813
>NE waifu
>helping people
Anon...
>>
>>44362268
Ohhh she's PREGNANT. That explains everything actually
>>
File: 1433169021537.jpg (31 KB, 473x480) Image search: [Google]
1433169021537.jpg
31 KB, 473x480
>>44362798
>>
File: FUCKYEAH.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
FUCKYEAH.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
Okay i have a Question for you guys.

I want to build an unchained Summoner for PFS and i need help to make an Eidolon wich rides other Companions/Animals/Teammembers.

Is this a viable idea ?
How can i make it a working build ?
>>
>>44362937
Think of the profit!
>>
>>44362439

honestly I'd like to see the new PF use a proficiency bonus like 5e, at least for attacks and saves. Then just give fighters a "martial edge" feature that gives them an extra +2 to hit, and leave it at that.

It's not like wizards fighting is that big a balance thing. Most of the problem is their spells are too OP.

There wasn't a lot I liked from 5e (in fact, basically nothing) but the proficiency made chargen a little simpler, and the multiclass rulings, while gay as fuck, were also decent in regards to proficiency.
>>
>>44362869
Talk to him seriously about it. If he doesn't stop then play a character who doesn't tolerate being stolen from.

Last time I had a character who stole from the party I was a LN inquisitor. I ended up simply detaining and handing him over to the authorities. If I can't trust him in camp I can't trust him on the battlefield.
>>
>>44362949
She's a virgin according to the player.
>>
>>44363002
Perfect, just in time for christmas.
>>
>>44363002
Well yeah, she's a Wizard.
>>
>>44362949
Not pregnant, just chubby
>>
>>44363017
Nah, those proportions are exactly pregnant in a way that chubby doesn't do. Get the manger and the wisemen ready for that virgin birth.
>>
>>44362684
Not into girls. Or guys.
>>
>>44363050
Ah. Then I dunno, Greta is apparently NE, even if redeemable.
>>
>>44362902
Yes, real group, we meet up at the end of every week
>>44362933
Well, human with the mind of one
>>44362972
We have talked to him. I have played the character that stops his bs, we are all for shenanigans but he just takes it too far. We had to as a team vote on him getting killed and we left him out to dry. He just doesn't learn, we can't kick him out because we play in a public place.

This is why I am asking the duration; I don't want to punish the rest who will have had nothing to do with his action. I want to house rule it is a minute lasting closing in on itself but if there is insight I would really appreciate it.
>>
>>44360752
>It's not meant to be bait, either.

Then you must be genuinely retarded and/or autistic.
>>
>>44363072
But Greta does have an alternate form which is a big fluffy wolf you can even ride around on, that's a pretty big plus.
>>
>>44363081
Honestly it just seems like you're in a losing situation. He won't learn OoC, he won't learn IC, you can't kick him. A rule won't help, he obviously can not learn.
>>
>>44363081
Clearly you should make him the GM
>>
>>44361056
>2) I am not "sperging out." We handled this in a calm and diplomatic matter.

No, you handled it in the most passive-agressive and cowardly way possible.
>>
>>44363081
Might I suggest a slightly more interesting way of dealing with his character?

Look up Confabulation Powder from the alchemy manual. It's good stuff, it's inhaled, only 80 gp and has a DC 18 Fort save. The main effect is that it staggers, so it's not really powerful for combat. However, it has the added property of allowing false memories to be implanted if they fail a DC 18 Will save.

So, next time you catch him stealing from the group, just blow some smoke in his face and complain about how he's always stealing the gear and gold. He'll think he did it (and if you talk to your DM beforehand the player won't know he didn't either) and you get to keep your stuff.
>>
>>44361643
Sacred Geometry is not a thing that needs to be fixed, it's something that needs to be removed.
>>
>>44363099
Yeah I realize the loss. But maybe if I rip his nerve ends out and make him sit a session without input he might see that I am not playing with him. He did get butt mad we voted on his death.
>>44363109
Yes, I want to so bad to play just like him.
>>44363163
I will add that to my bag of tricks
>>
File: amiri.jpg (138 KB, 846x1500) Image search: [Google]
amiri.jpg
138 KB, 846x1500
>>44362579
Something about Amiri just makes me want to be abused.
>>
File: Keyole.png (442 KB, 766x820) Image search: [Google]
Keyole.png
442 KB, 766x820
>>44361465
Maybe not as much "Christmas", but still festive I think.
I'll need to put together something with Helen since, yeah, she's the 'fun one'.
>>
>>44363523
10/10 would discuss arcane theorum with.
>>
File: My kind of gal.jpg (80 KB, 666x359) Image search: [Google]
My kind of gal.jpg
80 KB, 666x359
>>44363320
>>
>>44363523
How are your commissions coming along?
>>
>>44363523
Hmmm, I want to FUCK that elf.
>>
>>44363567
It's like trying to fuck a waterbed.
>>
>>44363567
Half-elf. And is there any particular reason you chose to share that insight with
>>
>>44363592
Half nothing, that thing's more than twice the size of any elf!
>>
File: img000007.jpg (66 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
img000007.jpg
66 KB, 740x740
>>44363523
>boob windows
Why does anyone dislike that meme? It's a combination of sweater puppies and cleavage, who can hate that?
>>
File: 1386276492967.png (85 KB, 162x194) Image search: [Google]
1386276492967.png
85 KB, 162x194
>>44363587
And?

>>44363592
Half-elf, all woman, and it just came to me suddenly. Also I would not overthink that previous statement.
>>
File: Sweater1.png (151 KB, 600x585) Image search: [Google]
Sweater1.png
151 KB, 600x585
>>44363562
Just about done with line work. All that would be left is to send them back and forth for any needed edits and then I can move on with color. Pretty much in the final stretch and I can start discussing new ideas with would-be clients if they came up. Though I may have a few other bits and pieces I'd like to get squared away before the end of the year like finishing my Patreon.

But tomorrow's Christmas. With luck I can get this stuff done and maybe get the house to myself for a little while.
>>
File: daemon.jpg (51 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
daemon.jpg
51 KB, 620x350
>>44361651
>>
Hi /pfg/. We are playing WotR, and our party paladin killed Arueshalae today on first sight. We all helped him, because we are a paladin, an inquisitor, and two clerics, all of Iomedae. I heard she is a major character. Did we miss anything of value?
>>
File: 20080603_114837_0.jpg (101 KB, 640x828) Image search: [Google]
20080603_114837_0.jpg
101 KB, 640x828
I've sat down to the long and tedious process of re-writing Seven Days to the Grave. I don't have a ton of work to do, because it's a fairly good book that stands on it's own, but there's a lot of narrative problems I need to fix.

Right now. I'm trying to write an actual investigation/clue trail for the players to follow during the book because as it's written, nothing the party does until the end is actually connected to the actual villains at all.

Also, Vampires. I don't know much about them, and I want to take what is written as a one-off encounter with 5 vampire spawn, and turn it into an actual storyline about the Conte from Ustalav sending Vampires into the city to establish a real hold there.

Haven't gotten anything good yet.
>>
>>44364071
why would you do that
>>
>>44364082
Suffer not the demon to live.
>>
>>44364110
CN ally/worshipper of Desna, easily redeemed to CG. Congrats, lad.
>>
File: 1435266152450.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1435266152450.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>44364071
Welp, campaign's done, everyone can go home, you just killed the best part of the campaign because god knows Mythic wasn't it. Although the Paladin should probably have fallen as a result of that.
>>
>>44364071
YOU FOOL

YOU RUINED DESNA'S KEIKAKU AND PREVENTED THE SUCCUBUTT'S REDEMPTION

>spoilers

/pfg/ WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG, HOW WAS I SO BLIND
>>
>>44364110
No we're asking why the fuck you'd party with those.

>A paladin avoids working with evil characters or with anyone who consistently offends her moral code

Choice of deity included.
>>
>>44364110
You dun goofed bro.
She was redeemable and in redeeming her you had a shot at redeeming a Demon Lord.
[spoilers]Noctitties[/spoilers]
You have dun goofed on a cosmic level.
>>
>>44364168
But anon, they were ALL Iomedaean.
>>
>>44364196
*trumpeting intensifies*
>>
>>44364168
Anon wasn't the paladin, based on wording.
>>
>>44364196
I didn't know people played Antipaladins of Iomedae
>>
>>44364196
Yeah, thus they're Evil.

What's so hard to understand?
>>
File: DOOT DOOT.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DOOT DOOT.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>44364216
Here's your webm.
>>
>>44364221
>>44364223
>spouting memes because of one poorly-written encounter
Ah, of course.
>>
>>44364254
see also: the "misprint"
>>
>>44364168
>>44364218
I'm one of the clerics. I adviced against it inititally, because demons usually attack firts and talk later, and this one didn't. But they didn't listen and started stabbing and shooting. The demon-witch almost killed another cleric in response, so words were of no use anymore.
>>
>>44364300
This sounds like the DM was at fault too. She didn't try using telepathy from Stealth or teleporting away instead of murdering?
>>
>>44364071
I'm half inclined to think you're faking it, because if you weren't new to /pfg/ you'd already know the response you'd get and if you are new, it seems like an awfully convenient coincidence that you'd come here for the first time to bring up a subject that just happens to involve your party killing off one of /pfg/'s favorite NPCs in a Paizo AP.

You sure you're not just taking us on a ruse cruise?
>>
>>44364071
I am not even mad about these Demon Dindu's getting killed.
>>
>>44364368
Maybe. The other cleric and the paladin did insult her harshly, though.

>>44364390
I sure do notice some praises of her in /pfg/ every now and then, but skip them because of spoilers. Now, she being already dead in our Golarion, I can actually know why do /pfg/ likes her so much.
>>
>>44364488
Honestly they sound like a terrible paladin, thought most were supposed yo be reasonable not cleave and smite.
>>
>>44364488
She's low-hanging fruit and people on /pfg/ are desperate for female attention. She's legitimately a somewhat interesting, useful character in her own right, but it doesn't justify anything near the obsession people have with her.
>>
>>44364488
Oh. Well, that's a fair excuse, actually. Anyway, she's was a bog standard succubus until Desna found her and tried to use her deific powers to turn her good. Even still, she was only able to turn the succubutt CN rather than CG, but now Arueshalae is a Desna worshipper who hopes to cast off the last vestiges of her old like and redeem herself for all the trouble she caused. The PCs can help with that redemption, and in the process Arueshalae likely falls for one of the PCs as the book notes that she's a potential waifu.

She's probably tied with Greta for /pfg/'s #1 waifu.
>>
>>44364523
>Charisma based
>Iomedae
The answer is obvious.
>>
File: Succubutt.jpg (1000 KB, 5026x3263) Image search: [Google]
Succubutt.jpg
1000 KB, 5026x3263
>>44364488
Here's her statblock, educate yo self.
>>
>>44364560
Oh right, I guess a terrible goddess would make for a terrible paladin.
>>
Are there any real benefits to using Scarlet Throne on a dex character instead of Thrashing Dragon?
>>
>>44364074
>Seven Days to the Grave
Anon, we could google this, or you could give us some context
>>
>>44364662
Well, you get to be using the cooler discipline.
>>
>>44364691
It's the second book of Curse of the Crimson Throne?

Do you need that explained too?
>>
You know what I fucking love? Cinematic abilities.

What is the most cinematic class? Including DSP/Spheres/Psionics/etc.

Right now I'm leaning towards Void Prophet Zealots. Riven Hourglass is just too cool.
>>
>>44364741
Wizard. Illusion and evocation.
>>
>>44364706
Yes
>>
>>44364765
google.com
>>
>>44364765
Anon, I'm afraid you have a terminal case of the dumb.
>>
>>44364765
It's an AP about a throne you see and it's red and cursed.
>>
File: 1436674105813.gif (3 MB, 259x200) Image search: [Google]
1436674105813.gif
3 MB, 259x200
>>44364856
OH, I get it now
>>
File: PZO9239.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
PZO9239.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
Why haven't you embraced oblivion yet, /pfg/?
>>
>>44365132
Szuriel is best waifu.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.