[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: Reaper Klaus.jpg (14 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
Reaper Klaus.jpg
14 KB, 266x190
Magical Christmasland Edition

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.

Merry Christmas, /edhg/!
>>
How do you make Zurgo Bellstriker fun?
>>
Ashling best commando
>>
>>44365380
Make a norin deck but with zurgo as commander
>>
I've really been enjoying Feldon of the Third Path in a stax-setup. Recurring Avalanche Riders every turn is just so beautiful...

I need more outlets for such evil. Perhaps ones that aren't (mono) red. Merieke Ri Berit seems interesting, anyone have experience with her?
>>
>>44365380
Vedalken Orrey
>>
>>44365595
Does this include equipping equipment?
>>
>>44365510
What if I wanna do him voltron style?
>>
>>44365660
No, but look at EDHrec, there are like 10 artifacts that equip to Zurgo on ETB.
>>
>>44365689
Dang. I was excited by the idea of being able to put like the equip on the stack in response to targeted removal. Gonna hit my guy huh? Not if he has INSTANT SPEED HEXPROOF!
>>
Best cards for thraximundar voltron?
>>
>>44365864
>7cmc commander
>Voltron

Pick one.
>>
>>44365864
Lel
>>
>>44365864
Rooftop storm and/or cabal coffers to keep him reasonably priced. 7 mana is like a billion for voltron.
This sounds like almost-mono black zombie tribal. Blue or red for equipment tutor
>>
>>44365671
Obsidion Battle-Axe and Hero's Blade for one.

Extra combat phases, ways to protect your attacking creature (namely Zurgo) and either flood the board with tokens or play shit like Crawlspace to protect yourself on the backswing.
>>
To the Reaper King bro from the last thread:
I don't have Sakashima. I have her student though. I put in mirror gallery for the same purpose also have been trying to get conspiracy for a while, but lgs never has it.
>>
So who can properly redpill me on Zedruu? I see him running around but I never understood his battle plan.
>>
File: Thraximundar.jpg (37 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Thraximundar.jpg
37 KB, 223x310
>>44365864
Its not a voltron list, but you'd be surprised at how little support Thrax can need to win with commander damage. This list intentionally doesn't have some of the powerful cards and has some more 'fuck around' style cards cause this isn't my main deck, but it has still performed very well against stuff like RUG goodstuff
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/thrax-smackdown/
The main thing I would suggest is cost reducers honestly. Stuff like Urza's Incubator to get him out 2 turns earlier is huge, add in Undead Warchief and his price gets even lower and he gets immediately buffed up to putting your opponents on a three turn clock. Rooftop Storm is obvious and has already been suggested, however you have to remember that you will still have to pay his Commander Tax as that is an additional cost or whatever and doesn't get reduced to zero.

What I would suggest is honestly something like either a Zombie Tribal, Control, or Combo shell with Thrax as the back up plan. Thrax is a very good card, and I have won fairly often with Commader damage, but having him as the primary wincon could be difficult. But you do you man, I'd love to see it when you're done.
>>
File: Zedruu_222x399.jpg (103 KB, 222x399) Image search: [Google]
Zedruu_222x399.jpg
103 KB, 222x399
>>44366212
>him
>his
Anon.

>battle plan
Fuckery.
>>
>>44366007
Not the same anon, but (assuming you don't live somewhere they can't ship to) give tcgplayer a try. They're who I've used for years and their policies are mostly all in place to make sure the sellers stay honest (cause they don't get the money from the sale until two weeks after so everything can be confirmed to have gotten there in promised condition).

Out of the hundreds of cards I've bought I've only ever had a couple fuckups and they all got fixed.

Also, Mirrorworks if you don't already have it in your list.
>>
>>44365118
I always assumed it was for all the cards that exiled cards from your opponents deck but still allowed you to play them, assuming you could pay the cost (including color).

Because then I would damn well play stuff like Praetors Grasp in every deck with Phyrexian Altar or the ability to make any color mana because then I could exile someones counterspell and literally be able to cast it at any time without it taking up space in my hand. Or, if there was no blue, then mana ramp or whatever other spell I deemed good enough.

That said, I think with the new cards requiring colorless mana they are going to rework the way producing off color mana works, but we will see.
>>
>>44365876
>>44365899
Yup
>>44365725
>>44366218
Thanks a lot, have a merry Christmas
>>
File: My EDH decks.png (2 MB, 1268x1320) Image search: [Google]
My EDH decks.png
2 MB, 1268x1320
MERRY CHRISTMAS /EDHG/!!!!

My friend gave me the Mizzix Precon recently so I was able to make the deck and improve my Talrand decklist. What did you get for Christmas, Anon? And what are you giving for Christmas? because I'm poor and have lots of friends I just decided to buy a Conspiracy box and let my friends keep what they draft. I may also give each of them one card from my collection in addition to that.
>>
>>44365579
My friend plays her and she's so fucking frustrating, it's ridiculous.
Having access to a mind control on a body constantly is very frustrating to play against.
>>
Thinking of buying a playmat. Is inkedgaming.com worthwhile?

https://www.inkedgaming.com/collections/playmats/products/copy-of-phoenix looks pretty sharp, but I'm concerned about quality.
>>
>>44366699
I guess the real question is how many slots to dedicate to untapping her, then. Thousand Year Elixir and Freed from the Real seem like no-brainers to start with, but part of me wants to go silly with Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth and Kormus Bell (Normally a time for Night of Souls Betrayal...)
>>
>>44366912
Just be sure to include Darksteel Plate and Darksteel Forge + Liquimetal Coating/Mycosynth Lattice.
>>
what's a good not monocolored token commander? gahiji seemed interesting and marath seemed alright, are there any others that are way better or should i just stick to mono white/red?
>>
>>44367030
Rhys.
>>
>>44367030
Depends what you mean by 'token commander.' Are you wanting things that support tokens or things that make tokens?
>>
>>44367030
Rith the Awakener is interesting. Generates a ton of tokens but doesn't really support. Emmara Tandris is of course made to order for Tokens as far as support goes.
>>
>>44367127
either or is fine. gahiji seems to support, and marath makes so both are good.

>>44367119
rhys seems good. i was comparing him and trostani, he seems better at going wide?

>>44367183
yah, rith seems good especially if you generate early tokens before he comes down. emmara seems great to be in the deck more than being the commander since she costs so much.
>>
>>44367231
I don't know if you're strictly going for RGW or not, but Gisa is always something to consider, especially there's plenty of things to support the tokens that she makes. Then there's Ghave as well.

Otherwise, I'd go with Rhys or Marath over Gahiji. I've just always seen/heard that Gahiji is pretty meh.

Rhys would be good for a general sort of token strategy and Marath can quickly devolve into combo degeneracy, so it just kinda depends on what you want.
>>
>>44367323
not strictly. i was interested just in non mono color commanders, and the naya/selesnya colored ones seemed better.

thanks for the advice.
>>
>>44367346
There are also staxy tokens (like Ghave in BGW and Teysa in BW) and control tokens (like Talrand in mono-U).
>>
>>44365671
Then you're probably not gonna have much fun since voltron in mono-red focusing on a 2-power creature with no protection or evasion is Not Very Good
>>
best commander art? pic related
>>
>>44366218
What exactly are the combos in this deck, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
File: rje9xo5d60_en.jpg (54 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
rje9xo5d60_en.jpg
54 KB, 265x370
>>44367441
>that undead hand touching the bas relief of him when he was still alive
>the broken symbol of Avacyn on his staff
>that confident stare
>tfw I ordered an alter for him about 7-8 months ago and haven't gotten it back yet cause the lady who does them is pregnant.
I just wanted to pimp out my favorite card ever.

But, in all seriousness, there's better art than him but he just holds a special place for me. I do like the lore about him though.
>>
File: akromaFTV.png (315 KB, 350x489) Image search: [Google]
akromaFTV.png
315 KB, 350x489
>>44367441

Literally anything by Nielsen
>>
>>44367441
>>
>>44367566
mohrbacher's art is pretty nice (i have a bunch of his prints), but i've heard he's a dick irl
>>
>>44367565
Pretty much.

>>44367581
Well that's a shame. Can admire his work if not his character at least.
>>
>>44367504
They pretty much all revolve around Phyrexian Altar shenanigans (typically with Gravecrawler) or abusing the undying from Mikeaus and then having fun with death triggers from stuff like Flayer, Diregraf Captain, and Grave Pact.

The primary and most sought after being to have Mike, Gravecrawler, and Phyrexian Altar out at once for infinite mana and death triggers which then goes off of Thrax's ability making him infinitely huge.

It's actually been a long time since I've sat down and looked through this list, there's so many cards that I thought were in here that aren't. I thought I had a lot more combos in there but it seems I only really have the Altar and Gravecrawler left that goes infinite.
>>
File: Thassa-God-of-the-Sea-Art.jpg (225 KB, 1400x946) Image search: [Google]
Thassa-God-of-the-Sea-Art.jpg
225 KB, 1400x946
>>44367441
>>
>>44365404
All these Ashling posts are making me want to put her back together. She's currently Chandra for fun, but Ashling was my first.
>>
>>44367441
>>
File: IMG_20151204_055158.jpg (111 KB, 937x507) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151204_055158.jpg
111 KB, 937x507
>>44366828
Inked is really good in my experience. I got this custom mat awhile ago, and couldn't be happier with it.
>>
File: stf148_ruhan.jpg (92 KB, 620x450) Image search: [Google]
stf148_ruhan.jpg
92 KB, 620x450
>>44367441
I love the immensity.
>>
File: 20150612_122650~2.jpg (488 KB, 1485x1882) Image search: [Google]
20150612_122650~2.jpg
488 KB, 1485x1882
>>44367441

Feels good, man.
>>
>>44367849
damn that's nice, definitely the first thing i pick up after i finish the deck i'm building now
>>
>>44367905
Totally worth it if you ask me.

What style deck are you building with her?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
>>44366698
I'll repost what I got, can't take any new pictures because I'm traveling right now.
>>
Pls R8 muh Darien deck

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dariens-legion-1/
>>
>>44367995
I'm honestly not quite sure where I wanna go with her - I generally prefer pretty aggressive/token-focused builds, but I think she's a really neat commander and no matter where I take her she'll run very differently than my current two (Krenko & Kemba)
>>
>>44367692
Dope, thanks
>>
>>44367402
Oooh, yeah staxy tokens. I'm a fan of Marrow-Gnawer for that, though he's mono-colored. Just ride an endless wave of rats out of the black hole you made.
>>
File: 1441252855961.png (794 KB, 584x591) Image search: [Google]
1441252855961.png
794 KB, 584x591
>Have 3 commanders for Grixis, always want to give it a shot
>Never sold on a commander think about goin an Abzan commander I own for new triple color as well

It's a god damn curse
>>
File: she who taketh.jpg (145 KB, 960x702) Image search: [Google]
she who taketh.jpg
145 KB, 960x702
>>44365334
Hey /tg/,

I've been trying something new, since I've gotten to feelin' like my recent decks have gotten too obvious and unoriginal. I decided to try something I've never really seen before; Bant sac/reanimator, using Rubinia to steal their shit and sac it. A teeny side helping of innistrad blink stuff, cuz Rubinia. I wanted feedback, cuz it's kind of a weird build.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/messing-with-your-stuff/
>>
Magical Christmas Land?

Turn 1: Mountain, Mana Crypt, Sol Ring, Mox Diamond Mox Opal, Wheel of Fortune

Queue groans and mass scoops.

Thank you Sheldon for letting me use the totally fair Mana Crypt and Sol Ring!
>>
File: 20151224_192107.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20151224_192107.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>44366698
I went ham and bought the last parts of a few decks as a christmas present to myself (pic related)
>>
>>44368141
Who you got?
>>
>>44368141
Which three commanders?
>>
>>44368198
>Tainted Aether
Sounds like someone's going to have a bad time.
>>
>>44368217
haha...yeah
>>
It's Chrimbus family, so name your favourite Red/Green Commander
>>
File: Thromok the Insatiable.png (357 KB, 374x521) Image search: [Google]
Thromok the Insatiable.png
357 KB, 374x521
>>44368241
>>
>>44368241
Either atarka
>>
File: ThromoktheConqueorWorm.png (294 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
ThromoktheConqueorWorm.png
294 KB, 375x523
>>44368258
When you make the card, you can rclick the textbox and uncheck "reminder text" so it doesn't repeat like that.
>>
>>44368258
>>44368286
Conquering Patricians right here.

Also you should export the card as an image to get rid of all those dotted line boxes.
>>
>>44368200
>>44368214
Sedris, Thrax and Marchesa
>>
>>44368174
First thing I noticed, no Master Biomancer/Bloodspore Thrinax to make your persist creatures into infinite sac shenanigans.

Second, I'd seriously suggest something like Ashnod's/Phyrexian Altar because the free sacs are awesome and the mana is gravy that can feed into other potential combos. (such as saccing something equipped with Skullclamp to either and then using the mana to equip it to something else and repeat)

Lastly, just some card recommendations:
>Death's Presence is fantastic in any deck revolving around death
>Feed the Pack can do work, it's like a Gisa that's green with the downside of the endstep restriction
>Gutter Grime provides tokens that get increasingly large on creature death
>more token makers for more sac fuel
>Martyr's Bond for a Grave Pact style effect

That's mostly what I can think of for now.
>>
>>44368353
Thrax is a solid one you can build most anything around. Sedris is good for a psuedo aggro strategy and ETB/LTB shenanigans. And Marchesa is Marchesa, seems like she'd do good in a 'suicide black' sort of build I've not actually used her despite wanting to get her since she was spoiled .

What you usually play? And are you looking for something different?
>>
Can someone please explain Mizzix experience counter ability and buyback? Friend tried playing a capsize for just two mana and buy it back with only 3 experience on Mizzix, but shouldn't he have had to pay one more colorless? He said Mizzix counts the CMC then gives you the buyback for free since its a separate cost.
>>
File: hegemon.jpg (82 KB, 517x399) Image search: [Google]
hegemon.jpg
82 KB, 517x399
>>44367441
>>
>>44368455
I'm pretty sure he's bullshitting you, but I don't know for sure. I'm fairly certain that Buyback gets added to the cost of the spell as an additional cost (like Kicker) and can get reduced by stuff like Mizzix.

For sure though, Mizzix would not just reduce Buyback unless he had enough xp counters to reduce the entire cost unless I'm missing something here, I don't play Mizzix so I haven't looked this up
>>
>>44368455
Cost reductions happen after the total cost of a spell is calculated.

So it goes like this:

Friend announces he's casting capsize, with buyback.

Cost is figured: Buyback adds (3) to the cost.

Cost reduction is figured: Subtract however many experience counters you have from the generic portion of the spell.

With Mizzix, you can get "free" buyback on capsize if you have 3 experience counters.
>>
>>44368100

Here's mine

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hanna-ships-combo-and-control/

Most people say to go with Pillowfort, but I went somewhere else. I like using her to recur control/combo pieces, though Solitary Confinement is fun with her as long as you have a proper draw engine.
>>
>>44368408
Spellslinging might be a nice change of pace but I am looking to play something different for the most part. Right now I've got Teysa 1.0, Chainer, Geist, Animar and Rakdos. Ezuri is being mixed up right now. I sort of think that Sedris might be too similar to Chainer and I might overplay sac effects since I have Teysa and I'm planning on making the new cleric commander when she comes out either cleric tribal or standard, but still playing to her strengths. Not too sure on Marchesa too because I'm terrible at sticking with a commander.
>>
>>44368528
Thanks! I dig the wincon
>>
>>44368525
I should add, your friend is wrong. To cast capsize with buyback for UU, you need at least 4 experience counters or some other cost reduction. 3 for the buyback cost, and 1 for the (1) in the normal casting cost.

Remember: Figure up the total cost of the spell, including all options. If a spell had a kicker cost, a buyback cost and an X cost, you would announce your choice for all three of those, add up the TOTAL cost, and then apply any cost reducers to figure out what you actually pay.

This is why for instance, Maga, Traitor to Mortals, is so good with Rakdos. If you deal 30 damage to an opponent, you can announce X=30 when casting maga and still cast it for peanuts.
>>
>>44368592
If you want spellslinging then you might want to try looking into Dralnu. He's not Grixis but he's 2/3rd of the colors. If you really want to play Grixis you could do a heavy control style game with Thrax as a late game beater/finisher.
>>
>>44368508
>>44368525
>>44368617

Thank you guys. Gonna call him out on it. Cause he capsized my whole token army with Hightide.
>>
File: 1450938662638.gif (900 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450938662638.gif
900 KB, 300x300
Here are my EDH commanders now
>Ghave, Guru of spores - Earthcraft combo w/ control (8/10)
>Maelstrom Wanderer - Molten Disaster suicide deck (9/10)
>Kaseto, Orochi Archmage - Precon w/ slight changes (5/10)

Right now I want to build a reanimator EDH, but I don't know what commander to build around.
>Want U/B as the base colors but with any splash
>Trying to get away from combos, but I will take a combo deck into consideration
>Want decent control so others don't go bonkers
>Would like a consistent deck with good reanimation options

Any commanders in mind /tg/?
>>
File: 1445994898627.jpg (24 KB, 500x518) Image search: [Google]
1445994898627.jpg
24 KB, 500x518
>1-shotting the last guy with unblockable double striker insanely buffed Godo

BEST VOLTRON

Most fun, at least
>>
>>44368913
...the mimeoplasm?
>>
>>44368596

Thanks. It's a solid choice. I made sure my win conditions could all be recurred with Hanna. I also made sure to have removal/draw available for recursion as well. It's pretty solid, but very meta tuned.
>>
>>44368241
Livonya Silone, just for sheer weirdness factor
>>
>>44368241
THROMOK

BEAT
MOTHER
FUCKERS
DOWN

MERRY GODDAMN CHRISTMAS
>>
>>44368913
play grimgrin zombie reanimator control combo.

doitfgt
>>
>>44368647
I might look into dralnu, would losing red hinder the idea too hard? I've been curious about him but I'm not too sure if he'd be counterproductive.
>>
>>44369307
Not really, (mostly) creatureless Dralnu spellslinger is actually kind of a fun idea I toyed around with for a while. It was more or less just a control sort of thing with Doomsday/Lab Maniac as the primary wincon. This was my list:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dralnu-the-spellslinging-lich-lord/
It's my first time trying anything like this so it might be a little rough, but it would give you an idea.
>>
>>44368528
why not run TYE/Sword of the Paruns/Magewright's to get more flexibility out of Arcanis?
>>
File: 1362020537964.png (455 KB, 457x531) Image search: [Google]
1362020537964.png
455 KB, 457x531
>>44368971
>Godo-bro
My nigga. We are a rare breed

>got condescending faces when I showed up with him first time
>people questioned the artifact-hoarding barbarian
>mfw wrecking niggas left and right with shitloads of combat phases, Avatar of Slaughter to tap non-vigilant creatures down and Glacial Chasm to make their attacks do jack shit to me
>>
>>44369345
Fuckin neat. I'll have to give Dralnu a shot then I really like how this looks. Thanks friend.
>>
>>44369746
Decklist plz?
>>
>>44367566
Are there any really theme-y Pharika builds? Or is it mainly dredge, give your oppenents tokens, then Living End/Living Death the board?
>>
>>44368241
Atarka Dragon Tribal.
Runs every dragon combo, focuses pretty damn well on ramp, and you get your general damage in fast by giving her Death Touch.
>>
>>44369555

Because they don't offer much by themselves, and Arcanis generally does enough by himself (or gets removed immediately). My game plan is generally play the long game and make my move when I feel safe.
>>
File: redkroma.jpg (113 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
redkroma.jpg
113 KB, 312x445
>>44367441
Her art is so good, I almost want to a Terese Nielsen-only EDH deck... but I think the only commanders that would allow enough card selection would be Sydri or maybe Legacy Weapon if people don't mind that it's not a creature.
>>
>>44369983

>tfw magic art will never be done entirely by Nielsen and Guay
>tfw Guay hasn't even gotten work with magic since fucking lorwyn/shadowmoor
>tfw Nielsen hasn't had a new main-set card since Theros, and is likely to go the same way as Guay because her art is too different from modern magic "bland and generic" art.
>>
>>44368241
Xenagod mang
>>
Ok, I threw together a Mardu token build. What do you guys think?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-10-14-UXh-mardu-tokens/
>>
>>44370163
This is why I was so glad to see their art in FtV: Angels. If I played Modern, I'd make a Rebecca Guay deck. In EDH, I'd probably have to use Asmira, though I'd prefer to use Kaysa or Atalya.

One thing that would slow me down from doing a Nielsen deck is having to shell out for Force of Will.
>>
>>44370209
Alright two things that might help
>Tainted remedy
>Congregate
Seperately those are great for EDH and Tokens, but together they might make for a surprising win
>>
>>44365876
anon i've built an Atarka, World Render voltron
it's hilarious but i haven't playtested it yet
>>
File: 1443968105617.gif (208 KB, 312x322) Image search: [Google]
1443968105617.gif
208 KB, 312x322
>>44370581
>>
>>44368241
Scion of the Ur-dragon.
It counts because most games end with him transformed into, you guessed it, Atarka the Game Ender.
>>
File: Elvish Champion_8E.jpg (56 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Elvish Champion_8E.jpg
56 KB, 312x445
>>44367441
Not a commander, but I wish he was. Because he looks like Vladimir Putin doing one of his propaganda poses. And he gives crimea-, I mean forestwalk.
You know what's frustrating? There's a newer printing with the correct errata text (him as an elf instead of a lord, and the effect saying "other elves"), but that one has worse artwork by virtue of it not looking like Putin.
What I'm trying to say is, I just wish I could have a Putin EDH deck.
>>
got some FR packs today and pulled Yasova Dragonclaw how do I .dec
>>
>>44373604
>read FR as French
>was about to say all 4/5/6/7/8/9th edition cards
>>
>>44373664
idungetit
>>
>>44368018
>foil frantic search and Eye of the Storm
Those are nice
Eye of the Storm is amazing.
>>
>>44368018
I severely underestimated Talrand.
For four mana he turns any spellslinger deck into DRAKES DRAKES DRAKES.
>>
so last night I was playing EDH and one of my cousins dropped elesh norn + natural affinity on us.

I know they say a 10 mana combo should win you the game but that was kind of rough.
>>
>>44373741
white borders.
>>
>>44374150
Eh, you can recover if you've got some lands held back or have instant-speed removal. It's... tricky though.
>>
>>44369851
There's a guy that uses her in a living lands deck to wipe people's mana bases with constellation triggers
>>
>>44374180
I blew my terminate on vorinclex, the blue mage at the table wasted his counters on petty things. I know the strategy isn't infallible, just amazed and how crushing that interaction was. BTFO every other player hard

Would have been hilarious if someone floated mana and cast rout after natural affinity resolved.
>>
>>44374325
>the blue mage at the table wasted his counters on petty things
Problem found: your bluemage is a retard.
>>
File: Pharika.jpg (118 KB, 880x547) Image search: [Google]
Pharika.jpg
118 KB, 880x547
>>44374150
>>44374335

Heheh that is my primary wincon in my Pharika deck, except replace Elesh with Massacre Wurm, Doomwake Giant, ect. It's fun.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pharika-build/
>>
>>44369851
>>44374288

Heh, yea that's me. See >>44374449
>>
>>44374454
Keep on keeping on anon. That's a cool, unique deck.
>>
>>44368241
Xenagos, God of One-shots
>>
>>44374514

Thanks man. Feels good that people like it.
>>
Which of the 2015 commanders is the most powerful? Been thinking to pickup one of the sets and try out a new commander for a while.
>>
>>44374449
How difficult is it to line that up right though? I really like this idea, I wouldn't even be mad if this happened to me.
>>44374940
General concensus is BG, UR, UG, WB, WR as far as decks. Commander only? People seem to really like Ezuri and the BG ones. The only one that's truly dissapointing is Daxos, though some dislike Kalemne. (For real how hard would it have been to make an Akroan General or something instead of another generic beatstick voltron.)
>>
>>44370174
>>44374522
Y'all fags boring. Xenagos is boring.
>>
File: Karlov of the Ghost Council.png (191 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Karlov of the Ghost Council.png
191 KB, 265x370
>>44375020
>The only one that's truly dissapointing is Daxos
Curious about the alternate commander, might work better as 1 of the 99, but he makes me curious to see him in action. He can get out early, and constant little lifegain can make him scary huge fast.
>>
File: order.png (15 KB, 383x224) Image search: [Google]
order.png
15 KB, 383x224
Just ordered these. Next purchases are Darkest Hour, Vampiric Tutor, Mikaeus the Unhallowed and Rune-Scarred Demon. I play mostly MonoB but want to make a BW deck (and later build my Oloro). Good purchase?
>>
>>44375074
Yeah I think he's interesting too.
I'm glad they're trying to make lifegain matter in EDH again, and in the perfect colors for it. There's quite a few black cards I hesitate on but with steady lifegain wouldn't bother me as much.
Not really sure if I get the flavor. Is he ghosting around to kill people? Is he hiring assassins and paying with the counters?
>>
>>44375074
Theres been a number of french players touting how good he is. If youre playing multiplayer I wouldnt suggest him but in 1v1 he seems good.
>>
>>44370581
Tainted remedy might be good overall if I did not have a oloro player. He would remove that shit asap, wiether or not he knew about congregate. It does like spicy though.

Any thing else that could help the token them overall? Does the deck look solid?
>>
File: 96456.jpg (23 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
96456.jpg
23 KB, 200x285
>>44375184
>If youre playing multiplayer I wouldnt suggest him
While clearly more 1v1 inclined, there's a lot of cards that allow you to gain more life the more enemies there are.
>>
>>44375184
He's kinda under-the-radar for multiplayer. You spend your turns dropping dinky lifegain shit and removing scary things from the board for other people.
Then you drop Cabal Coffers, gain seven life with Staff of Domination, cycle Dirge of Dread and instagib the dude that can't block a feared 22/22.

>>44375359
Sun Droplet (with painlands if you can help it) is a favorite of mine.
>>
>>44375446
>Sun Droplet
That shit is crazy good in big multiplayer games. Just constant drips to trigger lifegain triggers.
>>
>>44375359
But he triggers for each instance of lifegain, not total amount. And while you will gain more life from those cards, most all of them will only be one instance of lifegain for his trigger.

That guy would be pretty sweet with him though.
>>
>>44375175
The only one id question is Lilly, my experiences with planeswalkers has been varied but maybe shell work for you.

Also Id get Demonic Tutor before you get Vampiric if you dont have it already.
>>
File: 46403.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
46403.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>44375619
There's enough cards that can make that nigga huge
>>
>>44375020

>How difficult?

Honestly, it's not too difficult. It's a 2 card combo no matter how slice it. The rest of the deck is basically control, so you can play it long.
>>
>>44375175
>Duel Deck's Liliana

I love Terese Nielsen, I always talk with her on twitter, but man, thats really not her greatest work

Also, nice gets, I have a foil Teysa, one of the greatests
>>
>>44374150
>>44374449
I had a similar experience with my lands getting molested. It seems like forever ago buf a guy was trying his new feldon list so it must have been right after the 2014 precons dropped basically went like this
>nath has gravepact in play
>nath casts animate dead and take feldon's it that betrays
>nath casts living plan
>nath starts sacrificing shit
>everyone loses their lands
>we all scoop because nath has like 30 lands now
>>
>>44375020
That red White angel is garbo
>>
>>44374940
The Golgari guy is probably best, although Simic and the alternative Orzhov are kinda cool.
>>
>lend someone my Anafenza deck and play 1v1 against it with my Ephara
>Anafenza consistently ends up drawing more cards and casting more spells than the UW control deck
>Ephara gets completely wrecked every time
Neat, I guess. This really shows that being mana efficient is sometimes a lot more important than having individually impactful cards. Takes forever for Ephara to reach two spells a turn territory, whereas Anafenza can very quickly E.Witness back an Abrupt Decay, cast it and pass the turn holding up Withering Boon. Low curves are awesome.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mrst15RUWf1qz4rgp.jpg (104 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mrst15RUWf1qz4rgp.jpg
104 KB, 312x445
So I wanna build a Rakdos LoR deck, which is basically a mix of burn-everyone and an animar cost reduction effect. Is it a good idea to play the Myr that produce mana (leaden myr, alloy myr etc)? Or is the value you get from them being artifact creatures negligible? Because I'd also put some artifact synergy in the deck like Goblin Welder.
>>
File: Edh Commanders December.png (2 MB, 1128x824) Image search: [Google]
Edh Commanders December.png
2 MB, 1128x824
>>44365334
In the Spirit of Giving, I played this this Tuesday
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sen-triplets-political-pillowfort-kingmaker/
I only managed to play a 3-way game since time was short, but here's how it went.

>Me vs. Xenagos player vs. Maelstrom Wanderer
>Turn 1 Telepathy. They know each others hands.
>They spend all game pretty much scared shitless of each other while I barely put up any defense. Propaganda and Shieldmage Advocate and a bunch of mana rocks are all I got. I didn't even bother casting Sen Triplets thanks to Telepathy.
>Pretty much give Vows and tokens to the two to duke it out
> Eventually Xenagos pulls out a Kozilek and swings for 32 total damage with other dudes, all with trample, to the MW player. I don't offer to Shieldmage this time since I've been doing it before hand.
>MW player swings with 60+ power thanks to Pathbreaker Ibex, he kills the Xenagos player and I'm leave at little life. He knows he will die to the Xenagos player if he didn't kill him that turn.
>The MW player has like 18 creatures left on board.
>Tutor for Netherborn Phalanx, cast, make him lose 18 life, win game
>>
>>44375635
No, don't have Demonic yet, so I guess I should consider getting that one first.

>>44376311
Yeah, she has better stuff than that Lili, but I still prefer that art to the original, honestly. Everything's better when it's Guay, Nielsen or Mohrbacher.
>>
File: patron-of-the-kitsune.jpg (69 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
patron-of-the-kitsune.jpg
69 KB, 480x680
>>44375619
>>44375790
Pic related
There's also Demon's Horn and Angel's Feather.
He's tons of fun and the thousands of lifegain triggers are fun to bookkeep.
>>
>>44377460
I'm a huge fan of Willian Murai and Steve Prescott.
>>
>>44376311
Not him, but I use it because I got mine signed.
>>
>>44377613
THAT I can get behind with. I'm so sad I will not be able to get her to sign my collection at GP Oakland
>>
>>44374449
>Spore Frog
Mah nigga. That little guy does so much work it's not even funny.
>>
>>44375208
You don't need gideon or solum sacrum as much
Throne gotta go
Stone Hewer don't need to be there
Mardu Strike Leader is too slow
Increasing devotion is nice to have
Spear of heliod is a good place holder for better
>>
>>44377173
Bet everything on Rakdos sticking and making things cost fuck all colourless.
>>
>>44377642
I got a bunch signed at GP Charlotte last year. She was really cool. Got a FoW mat, too. I wish I had my FoW then, though I got the set my friend got signed because he's leaving magic again for the 7th time. The only thing I don't like is that I wanted it signed in gold, but he regrets black.

>>44377983
Hell yea. I love the little shitter, but I had to throw in Haze Frog because I was getting blown out by Sudden Spoiling. My average CMC feels high, now.
>>
>>44366698

We say Happy Holidays in my house
>>
>>44366698
In terms of Magic cards, I'm giving two friends of mine a Erebos, God of the Dead and a Brago, King Eternal respectively. Nothing too fancy price-wise, but a chill gesture, especially since the guy with Erebos is looking for a commander for his monoB deck and gushed over Erebos when I played it the other day.
I suspect I might receive a Rakdos, Lord of Riots in return. But we won't exchange gifts until next week, probably, so that remains to be seen.
>>
>>44369746
Got a list?
>>
>>44368971
>>44380266
Same question.
>>
If I refrain from using Enter The Infinite/Omniscience and extra turn/combat phase cards do you think I can get away with playing Narset and not having the local scene hate me?

I am running the Chain Veil, Strionic Resonator and Rings of Brighthearth with Jeskai Ascendancy and March of the Machines so that might be risky.
>>
>>44380866

Narset is a fascinating commander in that I can't see a way to make her viable in play but not super no-fun.

You could make her a Judge Breaker maybe? Fill her deck with FUN chaos cards like Possibility Storm and Hive Mind and Eye of the Storm? Maybe Knowledge Pool?

Just make sure everyone knows you have no real wincons and that your deck is FUN with a capital F. U.
>>
>>44381152
>make your deck even more cancerous by switching from no-fun to randumb

If you want an Oopsallspells commander Melek or Mizzix are probably better choices
>>
>>44381152
If your goal is to not be hated by people, dont run any of those cards. They can be fun a couple times a year but they can also very quickly devolve into 'I want to fucking blow my brains out this is so annoying' very quickly.
>>
>>44381152
Narset tokens is ridiculously fun. Pack in all the 1 shot token generators and anthems.
>>
>>44381152
>>44381378

Any Narset deck becomes a whacky ball of fun when you cast Dovescape
>>
>>44380866

Narset Group Hug?

*brace for shitstorm
>>
So I took a look at the Price for Skullbriar....

Is there a reason for them to be so pricy? Does it have some shenanigans I don't know about? Is it supposed to be a good commander? What's the deal?

In general it seems like commanders with haste have some serious price tags.
>>
>>44382136
Speculators trying to pretend Magic is an investment. He was cheaper back when the tuck-rule was a thing, but that and tiny weeners shot it up.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (104 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
104 KB, 384x384
>>44382217
>mfw tiny weiners
>mfw i sold off all my weiner staples before the format died after a week
>>
>>44382136
French or 1v1 Normal EDH, both formats where competitive voltron is possible.
>>
>>44377173
Unless you have haste, they're useless. Stick with artifact sources that don't require you to first have a haste outlet to be useful.
>>
>>44367231

Emmara is utter garbage when you could be playing rune-tail
>>
Hey guys so are there any good-quality EDH youtube videos on-par with those from Star of David games? I literally watched all of them in these past two weeks and find myself Jonesing.
>>
>>44381152
Build Chaos and planeswalkers.

Never run grip of chaos though.
It takes too much time.
>>
>>44382693
I don't know, there's something appealing about building a deck around a card that you wouldn't even pick in a draft and that makes the Legends set look downright powerful.
>>44383642
Did you watch the entire archive? The new crew is very meh, but the old videos with West and McDarby were the best.

Other than that no, there aren't any good EDH videos online. There might be some random MTGO games of EDH over on Channel Fireball but nothing really interesting.
>>
>>44383767
Yeah I watched EVERYTHING I could find. I like both the new crew but West and McDarby are definitely my favorites. Its a shame there aren't any other good ones. I feel like creating my own channel but that may take times or resources I don't have currently. I'll check out Channel Fireball. Thank you!
>>
>>44383837
I planned to film some EDH games at my workplace for a YouTube channel but that would have been in french so not something /tg/ (or anyone) would even care about. Project never came to fruition anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 480x680
Rule question about using Intet as a Commander. If Intet dies, I exile her to the command zone, then play her again, will I be able to cast any cards I had previously exiled once she's back in play?
>>
>>44383971
No.
>>
>>44383971
Nope
>>
>>44383642
Gameplay by Clonehead is okay.

There's also Conqueror and Commander, which is also okay. Personally I enjoy Brian Weissman's games as well, since he often explains his decisions.
>>
>>44383985
>>44383989

That's what I figured.
>>
>>44374940
Both new BG vommabders are good
Ezuri and Karlov are good too. Not sure anout the other UG general

RW are both trash
>>
>>44384478
The snake priest is really good for Voltron
>>
Not really EDH related but my roomie bought me this for christmas and while the figures are painted terrible the rest of the game looks kinda fun albeit pretty simple, has anyone else given arena a try? I'd play it but my roomie is out so i don't have anyone to play it with
>>
>>44384555
Got to play it with my cousins about a month ago. It's pretty fun, but I won several times as Nissa because some of her units can move from behind cover, make a ranged attack, then go back to hiding.
>>
>>44384661
Cool! Like i said it looks and from reading the rules it sounds fun
>>
File: decks.png (1015 KB, 1362x383) Image search: [Google]
decks.png
1015 KB, 1362x383
Anyone got a competitive sydri list? I'm tired of sharuum for artifacts (combo) and would love to get her running.

I still have yet to find *my* deck
>>
>>44383642
I've really enjoyed the Conquerer and Commander series.
>>
What's a good commander if I'm going for tax on everything?

No real wincon but just making people pay for attacking, abilities, making their shit cost more, stuff like that.
>>
File: 1444942233511.jpg (30 KB, 334x387) Image search: [Google]
1444942233511.jpg
30 KB, 334x387
>>44385732
>No real wincon
>>
>>44385749
Sorry, I forgot we hate fun
>>
>>44385769
Apparently only you do. Decks that just faff around without purpose are fucking pointless. I bet you think Chaos decks are good. Build socially, but play competitively, and you can't play competitively if you don't even have a gameplan for winning.
>>
File: 1439901345989-3.jpg (48 KB, 497x450) Image search: [Google]
1439901345989-3.jpg
48 KB, 497x450
>>44385769
You enormous faggot, locking up the boardstate and forcing people to ride on your never ejaculating, diminutive cock isn't fun, it's miserable and nobody will want to play against you and your fetish for blue (and white) balls.

Grand Arbiter Augustine Stax.
>>
>>44385802
>>44385793
it's not that I enjoy locking down the game.
I just don't like making other people lose, they always get so depressed when they just can't win.

So I want to make a deck that still keeps me interacting with the game but doesn't really have an intention of winning.
>>
>>44367565
Nielsen is really hit or miss to me. Hanna is wonderful, but the two Akroma are pretty meh.
>>
>>44384555

That game fucking sucks. Liliana is overpowered. She has deathtouch. Which instantly kills any unit. Not enough spells and whatnot.
>>
It seems this years EDH precons didn't have any group fun cards. Like primal vigor or act of authority.
>>
Was thinking of buying one of the pre built commander decks just to have if we end up having extra people or something similar. Are any of them any good?
>>
>>44387436
Good
>>
>>44387713
>Out of the box
BG > UG > RW > UR > BW

>With a few tweaks
UG > Jesus fuck UG is busted > BG > UR > BW > RW
>>
>>44367441

For me nothing beats Ravelord Skullbriar.
>>
>>44386055
You know what a worse feeling is?

Winning because some retard in the game wasn't actually playing. Don't be that retard.
>>
>>44387416
We found jace to be extremely overpowered.
>>
>>44385596
Try looking over commanders in your favorite TWO COLOR combination. Pick from the second most popular down a theme you might like, then don't look at any recommendations from EDHRec. Build a list then alter it with those recommendations. Playtest until you like what you're playing, then buy the list.

This is how I ended up with twelve decks that all felt distinctly "me." Three color is way too easy.
>>
>>44385596
Good, fun EDH decks are interactive in the level you play at.
Decks that simply seek to combo out as fast as possible are only fun at the highest level of competition, where other decks can legitimately interact with you.

Decks that simply try to build convoluted towers of cards are fun once, and then most people get bored.

If you want a long lasting deck that will feel rewarding to play, build a deck that's meant to be interactive. I don't mean a deck that doesn't seek to win, or any of that sappy bullshit. Build a deck that lets you say "I have a response" often.

As a secondary consideration, don't build a deck that takes 20 minutes to resolve that response. That will also get boring fast, for both you and your opponents.

Build Toshiro Umezawa.
>>
>>44381378

That is one reason why I went with Narset. If Superfriends pisses people off I can do token swarm. If token swarm pisses people off I can run an Artificer deck, if that pisses people off I can do Spellslinger...

Or a mix. I just gotta hit the balance of being able to win and make it that people aren't just going to scoop or gang up on me from turn 1.
>>
My friends only play EDH. I don't like it, but agreed to play, what's the best precon deck? I don't really feel like digging around tapped out and browsing gatherer.
>>
>>44390784
UG OR BG
>>
>>44390784
The anon above me got it right, but if you want an introduction as to what the format can feel like, try the RW deck.

Hear me out. It's shit, but...

Your deck is centered on big mana plays now: the core of EDH.
You get the amazingly dumb Blade of Selves.
You get greaves and lots of mana rocks.
From this deck you can build in tons of directions, including voltron, aggro, any tribal list, RW artifacts, WRG Mayael if you like the big guys... I'll think of more later.

It's not nearly as linear in design as the other four since Kalemne is just a good card on top of a solid (ish) 99.

I bought the UG one though. Pretty great with all the obvious tweaks.
>>
>>44390784

Prossh or Meren.
>>
>>44378521
Dam it I didt see your reply.

Why should I remove Throne? If Zurgo is out thats +7 to all my little guys.

Shit cant belive I forgot to add increasing devotion. Thank you anon. I have it in my Aurelia deck is so good.
>>
I got my girlfriend into Magic a few months ago.

I'd like to make a budget EDH deck for her.

Anyone got recommendations for a fun Commander that isn't terribly convoluted?

I'm thinking Jor Kadeen.
>>
>>44391825
Talrand/Krenko/Ashling, but Jor Kadeen isn't a bad choice
>>
I could use some help with my Karametra deck.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karametra-goddess-of-ramp-1/
The deck is supposed to be chill, laid-back and uncomplicated. I don't want a lot of tutoring (the most I'm considering at the moment is a Yisan, but more for fun), and since she rewards me for it, I play a lot of creatures. My goal is to get her out ASAP, then cast decent creatures and get some value, preferably play some things that make my dudes indestructible or protect/recur them otherwise, and then wipe the board and recover from it quickly. All the while my commander ramps me to high heavens and helps in making me untouchable.
However, I don't have a lot of card draw, and often find myself with a lot of mana, and maybe one mana sink like mastery of the unseen, but nothing that refills my hand easily. I could also use a somewhat fast win condition, because right now, the deck wins by outlasting the opponents after long, long games. Finally, some tips to lower my mana curve would be appreciated.
At the moment I run a Primal Surge, and for this reason, I try to keep my nonpermanent count low (but not too low, so there's some suspense and surprise in what I flip, rather than just putting my deck on the table upside down). However, there are a lot of good nonpermanent cards I could use in the deck, like board wipes and card draw. Should I keep the Primal Surge in, or go for a bit of a higher instant/sorcery count?
>>
Remember boys: Buy those Swords of the Animist now, shit's gonna be a $10 card in a few years
>>
>>44392569
Also good from origins
Evolutionary Leap
Graveblade Marauder
Thopter Spy Network

More obviously:
Time Spiral 2: the not as good version
Chandra's Ignition
Dark Petiton
The Great Aurora
Tragic Arrogance
Woodland Bellower
>>
>>44392569
why not in the Fall when Origins rotates out?
>>
File: living_wish.jpg (26 KB, 225x305) Image search: [Google]
living_wish.jpg
26 KB, 225x305
How do you guys feel about Wish Boards/Side Boards in EDH? My playgroup allows them, and the rules say a 10 card one is fine if your group is alright with it.

I love them because they let me run shit like Phyrexian Metamorph in non-blue decks and grab incredibly situational outs that I normally would never want to main.
>>
>>44393078
Fine as long as every card in the wishboard would be legal in your main deck.
>>
>>44393133
>Fine as long as every card in the wishboard would be legal in your main deck
As a house rule I can see that being a thing. But the rules don't say you can only side main deck legal cards.
>>
>>44365928
You also get Grafted Wargear, sai of the shinobi, and stormrider rig
>>
>>44393078
>How do you guys feel about Wish Boards/Side Boards in EDH?
No to Wishboards, yes to Sideboards. My decks all have SBs regardless of how people feel about them because I play in different metas frequently and certain cards perform better in certain metas (Sadistic Sacrament!).

>I love them because they let me run shit like Phyrexian Metamorph in non-blue decks and grab incredibly situational outs that I normally would never want to main.
I'm pretty sure a Sideboard is still subject to color identity rules. The website doesn't state this explicitly, but still.
>>
>>44393165
>I'm pretty sure a Sideboard is still subject to color identity rules. The website doesn't state this explicitly, but still.
It isn't. Go build a mono black deck on gatherer and fill the side with blue shit. It passes the legality check. Your side can be any color.
>>
>>44393198
>gatherer
I meant tappedout, fuck
>>
>>44393212
>>44393198

Congrats, you found a bug in some software.

That doesn't make it legal, dipshit.
>>
>>44393198
tappedout.net isn't in charge of EDH rules, anon. Don't be a dick on this.
>>
>>44393229
>>44393231
Show me where it says it's illegal then ;)
>>
>>44393242
Playing Phyrexian Metamorph in your monogreen deck is as against the rule as playing Sol Ring in your Standard deck would be. Are you allowed to put Sol Ring in your Standard sideboard?
>>
>>44393242

"Cards in a deck may not have any colours in their color identity which are not shared with the commander of the deck. (The identity of each card in the deck must be a subset of the Commander's)"

Source: The commander/EDH rules.
>>
>>44393279
Nothing in the rules for EDH anywhere says your sideboard has to follow color identity. Only your main deck.

>>44393282
Your sideboard isn't your deck.
>>
>>44393279
"Some more competitive groups add a sideboard to bring flexibility to their decks and combat some of the degeneracy. The most common structure of sideboards is:

>Players may bring a 10 card sideboard in addition to their 99 cards and 1 Commander.
>After Commanders are announced, players have 3 minutes to make 1-for-1 substitutions to their deck.

In groups whose members all use sideboards, they can also be used to wish for cards that are outside the game."

http://mtgcommander.net/rules.php, under House Rules.

Technically you could house rule Sideboards to be 1000 cards that don't follow color identity or the singleton nature of the format. Good luck finding a group that stupid, though.
>>
>>44393296
Nothing in the "sideboard" rules state that the cards must be legal in the format either, so go fill your sideboard with Black Lotus, silver bordered cards and yu-gi-oh cards if you're going to be such a retard about it.

Sideboards follow regular deck construction rules for the format they're in, to try to imply otherwise is to be intentionally dense or just plain fucking stupid.
>>
>>44393156
Actually the rules do. On mtgcommander, the official site, the wishboard rule is just the sideboard rule. If everyone is using a sideboard, you get to wish for cards from it.

Sideboards have strict requirements: every card in a sideboard must be legal in the mainboard, because after any substitutions, your deck must still pass the format rules. You can't use sideboards to get around card limits (4-of in standard formats, 1-of in EDH), etc, etc.

Your group is free to house rule this differently, but you certainly aren't playing the official sideboard rule by letting you skirt around color identity.
>>
>>44393296

Okay dipshit. I want you to use that long-neglected organ in your head for a moment and tell me this: Where is the phrexian metamorph when you take it out of your sideboard?

It is in your fucking deck.
>>
>>44393314
My group allows 10 card sideboards of any color and you are allowed to wish for cards in that sideboard.

>>44393340
Dude there's nothing in the rules saying we can't do it. So house rules apply. Chill the fuck out. Why are you so pissy over it? Because your group doesn't believe in fun?

>>44393345
>Sideboards have strict requirements: every card in a sideboard must be legal in the mainboard, because after any substitutions, your deck must still pass the format rules. You can't use sideboards to get around card limits (4-of in standard formats, 1-of in EDH), etc, etc.
Prove it. Nothing in any rules I have found state that my sideboard can't have other colors in it. Only that they can't be in the main deck.

>>44393356
Not if I never take it out of the sideboard except by wishing.
>>
>>44393296
>Your sideboard isn't your deck.
So you want to be able to sideboard in an illegal card to your deck so your deck becomes immediately illegal and you forfeit?
>>
>>44393392
>Not if I never take it out of the sideboard except by wishing.
what

I'm saving this bait to use in future threads. Be forewarned.
>>
>>44393392
>Chill the fuck out. Why are you so pissy over it? Because your group doesn't believe in fun?
Because you're acting like phyrexian metamorph in a monogreen sideboard is kosher by the rules, when it isn't. If your group lets you houserule it in then fine, have fun, but don't pretend it's allowed by the official rules when it very clearly isn't.
>>
>>44392861

Is Great Aurora really going to be worth anything? I am not keen on the valuation of cards, but it seems like it really just drags games out.
>>
>>44393422
>kosher by the rules, when it isn't
You have yet to cite a single real rule with a link to an official WOTC page proving that it is breaking a rule.
>>
>>44393441
>official WOTC page
>EDH
oh lawd, the bait improves
>>
>>44393421
> The player's deck must still be legal after sideboarding (for example, if a player already has four Llanowar Elves in his or her deck, he or she can't sideboard in two more).
>after sideboarding
REKT
>>
>>44393392
>Prove it. Nothing in any rules I have found state that my sideboard can't have other colors in it. Only that they can't be in the main deck.

Technically nothing in the EDH ruleset covers the stack, or the combat phase, or turn structure, but because these rules are incorporated by reference, you don't get grognards debating that damage can be put on the stack now.

Sideboard rules are incorporated by reference too, and modified by the official commander rules. But nothing modifies the rule that they're considered part of your deck.

>903.5b Other than basic lands, each card in a Commander deck must have a different English name. #

>903.5c A card can be included in a Commander deck only if every color in its color identity is also found in the color identity of the deck’s commander.

So

1. Your deck is immediately illegal by virtue of having illegal cards in the sideboard. You couldn't put a black lotus in the sideboard part of your deck, and you can't put an out of color identity card in the sideboard card of your deck.

2. Your deck is certainly made illegal (pretending for the moment that it wasn't already) when you take an illegal card from your sideboard and put it into your main board. You can't substitute in a black lotus, just like you can't substitute in an out of color identity card.
>>
File: MultiplicationTable.webm (775 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
MultiplicationTable.webm
775 KB, 800x450
/tg/ I need some help with ideas.

Among the decks I am building, I've been planning a Mizzix multiplayer/political shenanigans deck. It isn't really intended to be super-competitive, but is like an aggro Zendruu.

There's going to be political cards like the vows, plus assault suit, crown of doom. Lots of steal/polymorph effects.

But I was also thinking of mill. I've tried mill before in B/U and it didn't work well for obvious reasons. But despite mill being more of a B/U thing, I was wondering with all the big X costs and spell-copying in R/U, maybe I could pull off a combo of some sort to do some zany shit and wipe all the libriaries?
>>
>>44393392
>Dude there's nothing in the rules saying we can't do it.
Magic is a permissive rule set.
This isn't Air Bud senpai
>>
>>44393513
>Your deck is immediately illegal by virtue of having illegal cards in the sideboard.
Show me where your sideboard is counted as part of your deck.
>Your deck is certainly made illegal (pretending for the moment that it wasn't already) when you take an illegal card from your sideboard and put it into your main board.
Doesn't mean I can't side it and Wish for it. Just means I can't swap it into the main. See:
>>44393482
>>
>>44393562
Show me first the rule that says you can include black lotus in your sideboard.
>>
>>44393673
Not him, but your sideboard follows the rules of the format. There is nothing in the rules of EDH that says his sideboard can't have blue cards. The rules say hos deck must have cards that match the commander's color identity. The sideboard is not the deck, so the color rule does not apply.

That said you cannot side in colors that do not match your commander's color identity.

That also said, most places don't allow sideboards regardless in EDH. His playgroup does, so let it go man. You won't win this one.
>>
>>44393562
It does. You are forbidden from putting a Sol Ring in the sideboard of your standard deck, even if you never side it in. The sideboard is considered part of your deck for format legality purposes. Sorry man, but what you're saying is straight illegal and you are a cheating prick for trying to force it.
>>
>>44393726
See
>>44393717
The sideboard is not your deck. It just follows the rules of the format.
>>
>>44393744
So, to be clear. You are saying that you can include banned cards in your sideboard, because it isn't your deck, and wish for them into your game.
>>
>>44393744
Finish reading my statement, I agreed: it is considered part of your deck *for format legality purposes*. When you get deckchecked at a tournament, they check your sideboard too, since it must pass legality as well, even if you never touch it.

This is why you never see a troll bring an ante card in his sideboard: it's illegal, even if he never plays it.

Same argument applies here: the sideboard is required to pass all legality checks of the format. If it doesn't, you are playing with an illegal deck. Metamorph in an Omnath deck's sideboard makes that an illegal deck.

Deal with it, sideboardanon. Don't cheat, it makes you a fuckwit.
>>
Currently working on a Hanna deck that unfortunately doesn't have the aforementioned combo. Here's what I've got so far.

Artifact (30)
1x Azorius Signet
1x Basalt Monolith
1x Chrome Mox
1x Claws of Gix
1x Codex Shredder
1x Cursed Totem
1x Dispeller's Capsule
1x Everflowing Chalice
1x Fellwar Stone
1x Gilded Lotus
1x Helm of Obedience
1x Mana Crypt
1x Mind Stone
1x Mindslaver
1x Mox Diamond
1x Mox Opal
1x Prismatic Lens
1x Rings of Brighthearth
1x Scourglass
1x Scrabbling Claws
1x Scroll Rack
1x Sculpting Steel
1x Sensei's Divining Top
1x Sol Ring
1x Talisman of Progress
1x Thran Dynamo
1x Torpor Orb
1x Unstable Obelisk
1x Vedalken Shackles
1x Voltaic Key
Land (32)
1x Academy Ruins
1x Ancient Den
1x Command Tower
1x Glacial Fortress
1x Hallowed Fountain
10x Island
1x Minamo, School at Water's Edge
1x Mystic Gate
10x Plains
1x Reliquary Tower
1x Seat of the Synod
1x Serra's Sanctum
1x Tolaria West
1x Tundra
Enchantment (11)
1x Aura of Silence
1x Blind Obedience
1x Future Sight
1x Grasp of Fate
1x Humility
1x Legacy's Allure
1x Mystic Remora
1x Pendrell Mists
1x Power Artifact
1x Rest in Peace
1x Rhystic Study
Creature (6)
1x Clever Impersonator
1x Consecrated Sphinx
1x Ethersworn Canonist
1x Phyrexian Metamorph
1x Tidespout Tyrant
1x Trinket Mage
Instant (13)
1x Arcane Denial
1x Cyclonic Rift
1x Dig Through Time
1x Enlightened Tutor
1x Intuition
1x Muddle the Mixture
1x Mystical Tutor
1x Pact of Negation
1x Path to Exile
1x Rapid Hybridization
1x Reality Shift
1x Swan Song
1x Swords to Plowshares
Sorcery (6)
1x Armageddon
1x Fabricate
1x Open the Vaults
1x Replenish
1x Reshape
1x Supreme Verdict
Planeswalker (1)
1x Tezzeret the Seeker

What do you guys think?

Also, you can definitely not play illegal cards in your sideboard. (Judge here.)
>>
>>44393827
It's considered polite to put your deck into a tappedout or deckstats link, and then post it.

Nobody wants to deal with that long ass list.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.