[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: 15413.jpg (40 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
15413.jpg
40 KB, 200x285
VROOM VROOM EXPLOSIONS edition

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
>>
File: Jhoira.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Jhoira.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>44344803
First for I want Jhoira to step on my balls
>>
>>44344664
>>44344664
Having to use a removal on your own commander sucks, unless a deathtouch creature attacks you
>>
>>44344803

From other thread >>44344863
>>
>>44344834
Jhoira, Queen of Free Big Dudes
>>
>>44344803
Fifth for almost destroying Lorwyn like a fucking cunt.
>>
>>44345021
For you.
>>
>>44345033
she dindu nuffin
>>
>>44344912
phyrexian arena and greater good. even cream of the crop would help with card selection
>>
File: MELOKU[1].jpg (94 KB, 568x799) Image search: [Google]
MELOKU[1].jpg
94 KB, 568x799
>>44345021
>>44345052
Speaking of baneposting, I was thinking of making Illusion/Flyer beatdown with Meloku since he's a big guy.
>>
>>44345113
Forgot all about arena thanks. Now comes the hard task of deciding what to cut out for it.
>>
>>44345162
Make sure you run Predator Flagship and Mask of Memory.

and Gush
>>
>>44345238
I get the mask, and I think the Flagship is about picking someone up and dropping them back down

But I don't get the joke for Gush?
>>
Slowly crafting and improving Athreos

Any B/W cards you auto -Include?
>>
>>44345162
How does Meloku work? You generate mana through artifacts, I guess? Why for such a mediocre ability?

Was returning a land all part of your plan?
>>
What are some essential Mikaeus cards aside from things with persist and triskeleton?
>>
File: high priest.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
high priest.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>44345393
I particularly like high priest of penance.
>>
>>44345418
Tap a land for mana, then bounce it to your hand to make a dude. It's like a free 1/1 flyer every turn. Also lets you play around with effects that care about hand size and pitching cards like spellshapers.
>>
>>44344803
>saw link for new thread
>was going to claim first for Ashling
My fucking nigger
>>
>>44345393
I'm a fan of debtors' knell
>>
>>44345447
Love it. Not sure what I'd cut for it, but that's a cool card.
>>
File: 1430208898346.jpg (479 KB, 1250x1126) Image search: [Google]
1430208898346.jpg
479 KB, 1250x1126
>>44345021
Not Jhoira, Queen of Free Decree of Annihilation/Jokulhaups/Obliterate/

The Big dudes come in turn after the boardwipe.
>>
>>44345497
with Athreos it can be a recursive rattlesnake, that also adds +2 devotion.

In those same colors, you can deal damage it to yourself, or even buff it (+ counters, or indestructibility) and swing.

It just has to receive damage to activate
>>
>>44345393
Deathbringer liege is a powerhouse. I'm also fond of sword of the animist in every edh deck ever. Ramp like that in B/W is nightmare fuel for the rest of the table
>>
I'm building a Blind Seer deck and I have a question. If I have chill in play and I make a spell red, they don't have to pay an additional 2 correct?
>>
>>44345648
>>44345607
>>44345497
>>44345490
Suppose I should've linked

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/athreos-goodstuff-1/
>>
>>44345648
>>44345607
>>44345490
>>44345447
>>44345393

Should've Linked

http://tappedout net/mtg-decks/athreos-goodstuff-1/
>>
>>44345702
>>44345677

Why you gotta fuck with me today 4chan.
>>
What should I cut for Mystic Confluence? I'm leaning towards Insight to keep the curve low.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jelevas-spiraling-torment/
>>
File: that fucking elf.png (101 KB, 210x195) Image search: [Google]
that fucking elf.png
101 KB, 210x195
>>44345677
>>44345702
>>44345726
everyone, point at him and laugh
>>
>>44345648

I also like Sword of the Animist. Turns Aurelia into a ramp engine.
>>
>>44345848
I'd probably cut silumgar's command. I know jeleva likes modal spells but I ran silumgar's command for a long time and every time I drew it I wished it was something else. all of the modes are fairly underwhelming. snipe a chump and bounce an enchantment are usually the best uses I got out of it.
>>
Suggest me a commander with janky interactions. Something like
>Darien and self-damage
>Mishra and Possibility Storm/Planar Chaos/etc
>Yasova Dragonclaw with Bazaar Trader

There has to be more Commanders like these. I have the most fun when building tuned out decks with some form of gimmicky yet clever stuff in it.
>>
K guys rules question.

So I'm running a Varolz deck. Naturally staple number 1 is Deaths Shadow and Phyrexian Dreadnought.

But I've hit a rules issue can't find anywhere. Death's Shadow's ability affects it's power and toughness by -- Life Total, which I figured probably wiuldn't matter when it's in the graveyard.

However according to ruled text for Boneyard Wurm and Splinter fright their power and toughness are still equal to the number of creature cards in the graveyard which means they could be scavenged for x counters.

But then why doesn't Death's Shadow's ability take into account your life total when determining DS' power and toughness? Is there a difference between Lord of Extinctions creature ability and DS' creature ability? Does DS ability only come into play when it's on the battlefield?
>>
>>44345971

That's a good choice, actually. My biggest argument for keeping it is that it can cover a wide field. -3/-3 is enough to kill prophet, bounce is always good in the deck, and killing a Planeswalker is always good.

Confluence might have more to offer as a whole, at least in terms of consistency. Worst case, I draw 3, or draw 2 and bounce Jeleva.
>>
>>44346320
Death's Shadow has an ability (which is only active when it's on the battlefield) that gives it -whatever/-whatever. Boneyard Wurm and Splinterfright have asterisks in their power and toughness, and their power and toughness are whatever the card says. When Death's Shadow is in your graveyard, its P/T are 13/13. When Boneyard Wurm is in your graveyard, its P/T are both equal to the amount of creature cards in your graveyard (counting Boneyard itself).
>>
Is Keeper of the Dead good secret tech for Sultai Sidisi?
>>
any non-obvious cards I should be running in Krenko?
>>
File: deathsshadow.png (64 KB, 693x226) Image search: [Google]
deathsshadow.png
64 KB, 693x226
>>44346320
>>44346374
Also this:
>>
File: 134.jpg (91 KB, 652x522) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
91 KB, 652x522
>>44346320
3/1/2010: Death's Shadow's ability applies only while Death's Shadow is on the battlefield. In all other zones, its power and toughness are 13.
>>44346270
Grimgrin and Thornbite staff, Gahiji and Rite of the Raging Storm, and Teysa queen of value and Tainted Aether...then again Teysa has a lot of funny janky interactions
>>
>>44346374

So I can still turn 4 27 Unblockable Commander damage? Okay.
>>
>>44346419
Assuming you have a way of making Varolz unblockable, and can get a death's shadow and dreadnought in the yard all consistently by turn 4, yes.
>>
Who's the best jund commander to go voltron with?
>>
>>44346528
Kresh the Bloodbraided.
>>
>>44346528
A better question would be "Who's the best Voltron commander?"
>>
>>44346480
Varloz is pretty easy to make consistent if you're willing to dump ungodly amounts of money into fast mana, tutors, and entombs.
>>
>>44346587
Any commander is.
>>
>>44346628
>Any good commander is
FTFY
>>
>>44346582
Zur, Thada, Sygg (lorwyn) or Kemba.
>>
>>44346652
>no Karlov
>no Zurgo
>no Godo
c'mon man
>>
>>44346646
>playing a commander based on power level instead on personal preference
We need more cookie cutter decks.
>>
>>44345548
You could suspend the fatty on the same turn as the boardwipe, then when they come off suspend, stack the triggers so the wipe happens first, then the fatty comes out to wreck shit.
>>
>>44346743
You hard cast the wipe the turn before the fatty comes out. It paints a smaller on you.
>>
I'm making Zur the Enchanter except instead of the typical voltron enchantment package I'm just gunna throw some value enchantments in and the rest be wizards. What are some cool/unique Esper Wizards I can use with him?
>>
File: 51.jpg (79 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
51.jpg
79 KB, 312x445
Here's an updated Selvala Hatebears deck i've been working on, anyone want to help me pick it apart? I feel like i need to cut down on some of the artifacts but i'm not sure which ones also i kind of want to fit an Angelic Skirmisher into the deck for synergy with Bow of Nylea (First Strike and Death touch while attacking) and possibly a Reya Dawnbringer just so i can recur some bears on upkeep. Another option i was thinking of was putting an eldrazi monument in but that's another artifact plus i don't have any expendable creatures to really sac to it. I could go for a Valor in place of the Skirmisher but i don't have one. I'm running the Rites of Flourishing because of more draw and i like how i can feign a group hug build with it and my general. Teeg, scoop and nail, and Avacyn aren't in the deck because i don't have them.

>>44346582
U/W Daxos
>>
>>44346921
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selvala-explorer-returned-gw-1/
forgetting to add links seems to be the theme of this thread
>>
>>44346844
Rayne is great.
>>
>>44346921
Pretty solid. Most of the hatebears are "wide" enough that they're generally not dead cards.

I'd cut:
Collective Blessing - No real use here, and honestly it's not a great card. Win-more at best.
Imposing Sovereign - Kismet might be better. I wouldn't replace this with anything but Kismet, though.
Kataki, War's Wage - This is a bit of a meta choice. If your meta is heavy on mana rocks and general utility artifacts this is absolutely worth running. I know some people don't use much besides 6-ish rocks, and against those people this isn't too much use. Also, you run plenty of artifacts yourself. Either cut, swap for Stony Silence, or slot in Spine of Ish Sah.
Phyrexian Revoker - Consider Pithing Needle or Stony Silence over this.
Yeva, Nature's Herald/Vedalken Orrery - Not a huge fan of either. Your deck is fine playing cards on its own turn.
Hum of the Radix - Again, you run enough artifacts of your own that this isn't a great pick.
Rites of Flourishing - Hatebears is the opposite of group hug.
Genesis Wave - Win-more.
Umbilicus - All this does is cause each player to lose 2 life during their upkeep.
Restock - Use Regrowth instead.

Overall pretty good. I'd suggest more tap/untap shenanigans to take advantage of Selvala.
>>
>>44345321
4U
>>
Rules question for you folks.

My friends and I are playing EDH after a long hiatus. One of them has a big scary board which is going to kill me if he attacks. So as he enters combat, before he declares attackers, I tap his board down with Dawnglare Invoker. He has something he can play at instant speed to untap his creatures. I know if he does it in response to the Dawnglare, they'll wind up tapped. Does he get a chance to cast it after that trigger resolves but before the declare attackers step, so that he can still attack?
>>
>>44347519
Oh god damn
>>
Just bought the Mizzix deck yesterday, what fun stuff do you guys use with her? Inexorable Tide seems like a riot, anything else?
>>
>>44347623
You don't really need it. After a point Mizzix stops caring about how many counters you have outside of x spells, and like with Meren that point tends to get reached pretty quickly
>>
>>44347415
good cuts Collective Blessing was more or less a meta choice because there's a few players running massacre wurm also it was before i put storm herd in. Gen wave is an enabler to drop my deck out with Selvala + Sword of paruns. Umbilicus i was a bit on the fence on too since i can't really abuse it. Hum i like because in our meta we have a lot of artifacts...i guess i could cut it for a kill switch though. Thanks for the input though other than umbral mantel what other tap/untap cards can i run?
>>
>>44347669
I mean, I didn't have any issue getting counters playing it stock, so that's a fair point, I guess it would be the definition of "win more"
>>
File: mtg_online__teysa_by_chriss2d.jpg (81 KB, 517x500) Image search: [Google]
mtg_online__teysa_by_chriss2d.jpg
81 KB, 517x500
>trying to make a Teysa, Orzhov Scion deck
>can't make up my mind between big lategame monsters that wreck everyone's shit or small midrange sacrifice engines that win out of nowhere

Anyone have any advice on best Teysa, Orzhov Scion builds?
>>
>>44347736
Darkest Hour + sac effects

I run a B/W control shell with token infinite win combos: (assuming Darkest Hour in play) Bloodghast, Reassembling Skeleton, Fallen Ideal, Nantuko Husk, Blood Bairn, Mortician Beetle, Blade of the Bloodchief, Vampire Aristocrat, Blasting Station.
>>
Should I make any finishing touches to this deck before finalizing it? It uses Shadowborn Apostle and Shirei to put whatever demons I want into play every turn.

http://www.mtgvault.com/felonary/decks/the-underworld-edh/
>>
>>44348051
P.S. it had to be legal in Modern
>>
File: EDHDecks.png (896 KB, 1366x454) Image search: [Google]
EDHDecks.png
896 KB, 1366x454
So with christmas and what not I got some spare money and I I want to get a couple semi expensive cards to improve a deck or two.

Planning on focusing on my Mikaeus deck since it's my money deck but if anyone has ideas for some more expensive cards that would fit into any of pic related let me know. Also, here's Mike's list: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mike-with-no-trike/

So far my list is:
>Yawgmoth's Will
>Mizzix's Mastery
>>
>>44348209
Buy an imperial seal
>>
>>44348051
Id do:
>cut Beseech for Diabolic Tutor, it's one more mana but the unrestricted search seems more relevant
>cut Praetor's Grasp for Sadistic Sacrament, you'll often not be able to play what's exiled and Sacraments kicker is brutal
>Unless tokens are that big of an issue, cut Aether Snap for Crux of Fate
>throw in a Dictate of Erebos and/or a Grave Pact
>throw in a Phyrexian Arena and a Bob (if you can afford him)
>you could probably cut a couple lands and not feel the difference

Otherwise, if you have to keep every card modern legal that's about all I can think of really. You could also consider using Athreos instead of Shirei because going WB opens up a few more possibilities.
>>
>>44348330
>>44348330
Is the only reason that card is so expensive because it was only in one set?

Because I really don't see any other reason.
>>
How do I make Zurgo Bellstriker fun?
>>
>>44348403
The scarcity of Imperial Seal itself is the only reason it's so expensive, while Vampiric Tutor is like 1/25th the cost for a strictly better card.

Imperial Seal was a rare only printed in Three Kingdoms, which had a lower print run and was only sold in Asian markets. So, yeah, it's pretty rare.
>>
File: my commanders.png (2 MB, 3560x320) Image search: [Google]
my commanders.png
2 MB, 3560x320
post em.
>>
>>44347976
Yeah, that looks like the way the deck's leaning.

Darkest Hour combos, lots of token generation (especially on things dying), graveyard recursion, and Blood Artist type drain effects.

I just have to work at focusing it more. So many cool things work with the strategy, I need narrow things down. Kokusho, World Queller, Sun Titan, Grave Titan, Pontiff of Blight, Knight Captain of Eos, Cathars' Crusade, Deathpact Angel, and about a dozen other options.
>>
>>44348525
I never realized that Three Kingdoms was only sold in the East, that explains some of the prices.
>>
>>44348565
Post total prices too, cause that was fun and I missed it. These are mine >>44348209

According to tappedout they all add up to just under $1400, with almost 1/3rd of that in Mike.
>>
>>44347563
>Does he get a chance to cast it after that trigger resolves but before the declare attackers step, so that he can still attack?
Yes. You only move on to the declare attackers step once all players have passed priority on an empty stack.
>>
>>44347563
Remember, every time a spell or ability resolves priority is passed around to each player so that they may respond. You can only move to the next step or phase after every player has agreed to by passing priority on an empty stack.
>>
>>44347707
If you absolutely must have a "counter" for Massacre Wurm, I suggest Dictate of Heliod. Even that is something I'm very iffy on.
>>
File: commanders.png (896 KB, 1420x672) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
896 KB, 1420x672
>>44348565
ye son
>>
File: edh.png (1 MB, 1283x794) Image search: [Google]
edh.png
1 MB, 1283x794
>>44348565
>>
>>44346921
Where are your board wipes? You're in White, you have ways to clear the board.

Wrath of God, Austere Command, Terminus, Final Judgment. All of those should go in. Then you can add Day of Judgment, Akroma's Vengeance, etc.
>>
Hi folks, I'm currently reworking my Glissa the traitor Eggs deck and was thinking about putting in Doomsday and Hellcarver Demon. Any Experiences and or suggestions for piles and combos?
>>
>>44347580
why does her hair stand up like that?
>>
File: MTG Commanders.png (2 MB, 1788x749) Image search: [Google]
MTG Commanders.png
2 MB, 1788x749
>>44348565
sure
>>
>>44349998
>Daxos Voltron disbanded for never winning

Yep, been there, done that.
>>
>>44349998
>I got strip mined every turn
Crucible of Worlds?
>>
>>44349998
>Teysa tokens
>Disbanded for always winning from one janky combo
Darkest Hour? I've been slowly putting her together but I want to avoid deflating combo wins every game
>>
File: edh deckz.png (1 MB, 1029x820) Image search: [Google]
edh deckz.png
1 MB, 1029x820
>>44348565
>>
>>44350060
sun titan got ramped out way too hard and so I was getting my asshole slammed hard
>>44350044
>Yep, been there, done that.
I don't get it, but he just never wins. Fuck I can't find a pattern except he loses.
>>44350147
>Darkest Hour?
Not even bro.
Teysa+Zombie Infestation+Dark Prophecy+Sac outlet
Then I dig until I hit Phyrexian arena and some way to win. It's extreme jank, but it always happened for some reason. If I just tuned it better it would be bonkers, so I'm not going to remake it. Teysa though works well in my 100 of Alesha
>>
>>44350202
I feel like my consistent loses was due to the lack of raw stopping power, I just couldn't get that one shot kill that my friends who play commanders like Uril, Omnath, and Prossh can, and if you're not killing lightning fast, why bother with Voltron?
>>
>>44349278
good idea, i'll put one of those in
>>44349819
i felt it was a bit counter intuitive since a lot of what the deck does is have creatures, also one of the guys i play with has board wipes in spades
>>44350332
>>44350202
>>44350044
I have had good luck with my daxos voltron and he's one of my better decks
>>
>>44350332
>>44350418
>why bother with Voltron?
The reason you play him is for the ability to steal something from someone else and gain life, which creates the appeal of playing him over others, but he's just, I don't know. He's small enough that people save their swords to plowshares for something else and it's easy to get in for some damage use his ability
He just doesn't win
but he was fun for a bit though. Had a couple close games that I ended up losing
>>
>>44350563
You want to hit the other player with him might as well make him as big as you can, plus he has built in evasion his triggered ability is more icing on the cake more than anything. Also swords and double strike is just plain fun with him, double swords triggers and double daxos triggers
>>
>>44350608
I once did get him double strike. Though I don't have swords. I hope to grab a set some day. Maybe for a geist of saint draft deck like my friend once played against me when I first started commander
>>
>>44350202
>Not even bro.
My group is getting a bit of an arms race going, so I wouldn't even mind circumventing their ridiculous boards and comboing off a few times.
>>
>>44348565
not all of my decks are on tapped out, and the ones that are have not been updated in awhile. Azami is probably at least 500. Overall maybe 2500
>>
>>44347623
curse of swine, pyromancers goggles, scour from existence, spelltwine, volcanic visions, keranos, the fireminds foresight combo, tezz gambit,
>>
File: Skeleton Ship.jpg (53 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton Ship.jpg
53 KB, 375x523
I want to make a boat deck.

What are all the boat/sailing themed cards in the game?
>>
>>44349463
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

ghave is such a cool card but why does it have such a retarded name
>>
>>44349435
is ezuri shit? what do you run anon? i have a hard time making him work :(
>>
>>44350891
ezuri is a pubstomper. the whole deck folds to spot removal if no one lets me get counters. it does hilarious stuff if they do though. then again my list is super budget because I have too much money tied up in my other decks, so I might just be full of shit. whatever. here's my list:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brozuri-lmao-dyel-1/
>>
>>44350866
b-but Ghave is completely fine, has a nice fitting tone to it. Don't bully the guru.
>>
File: commanders.jpg (251 KB, 1420x800) Image search: [Google]
commanders.jpg
251 KB, 1420x800
>>44348565
I'm pretty cheap with these decks but someday they'll be nice and foiled
>>
>>44350891
Loads of the normal UG goodstuff creatures have powerful effects and 1-2 power bodies, including cards like
coiling oracle
prophet of kruphix
master biomancer
assorted land fetch creatures
venser
trygon predator

he's also absurd with certain cards including
mycoloth
doubling season(he actually utilizes both the token and counter aspects, a claim only a few commanders can make)
fathom mage
triskelion
hangerback walker
wild beastmaster
gyre sage
pathbreaker ibex
SAGE OF HOURS
evasive infect creatures

He's just good value, with a few busted interactions.
>>
File: TheConquerorWorm.jpg (181 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
TheConquerorWorm.jpg
181 KB, 1280x1024
>>44350178
>my fellow gentleman of African descent

Thromok a best. I'm a Johnny at heart, but he sates my inner-Timmy in a way no other card ever has.
>>
>>44346921
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selvala-explorer-returned-gw-1/
Sun Titan buys back everything in your deck that's important, and can act as part of a combo engine when paired when the likes of Saffi Eriksdotter/Karmic Guide/Reveillark.

I would usually play either Creeping Renaissance or Regrowth over Restock.

I like pairing Selvala with Thousand-Year Elixir, but you don't have a whole lot of tap effects.
>>
>>44351130
>Foil Malignus
Can you post a pic with the light on it? That sounds fucking amazing.
>>
>>44351130
>Narset counter problems
Mana Short
Drain power
Merry Christmas
>>
File: EDH.png (837 KB, 1393x607) Image search: [Google]
EDH.png
837 KB, 1393x607
Pretty casual meta. With the one exception of my tryhard friend, most decks are around the $60-80 range.

Our spending got absolutely out of control with modern, so we really try to hold back with EDH.
>>
>>44351170
>>44351014

i dunno my meta is extremely cutthroat and a turn 5 5/5 coiling oracle doesn't do much against combo decks so it might be that.

also is infect pretty much the way to go?
>>
File: 1223152211.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
1223152211.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>44351320
Sure, this feels like the best angle. It looks sideways on my phone so I apologize if it posts like that.
>>
>>44351436
Fuuuuuuck, I might just go order one,that's so nice.
>>
>>44351412
Sage of Hours gives you infinite turns and an important thing to remember with Ezuri is that he triggers off of creatures entering the field and not being cast so stuff like makes a fuck ton of tokens gets him an equivalent amount of counters.

A Blighted Agent with sufficient counters on it would also be pretty damn good but most infect creatures are pretty shit (though Ezuri should help compensate for that). The main thing I'd worry about is protecting yourself against board wipes though because if you can live through a few wipes then you'll be pretty good.
>>
>tfw using chandra's ignition on malignus when my stuffydoll is out

Killing the faggot with ~4000 life in his pillowfort in one blow was amazing
>>
>>44351130
Mana Short, Silence, Render Silent, Grand Anal Abolisher, Turnabout to name a few
>>44351299
I totally forgot about Sun Titan and i totally have an extra one laying around. I need a Saffi and company and the elixir, maybe i'll run into a vendor with them at the grand prix. Creeping Renaissance is a house. So should i bother with Reya Dawnbringer or just leave the heavy lifting to the Titan?
>>
>>44351510
inkmoth nexus must be nice
+1/+1 counters stick even after it returns to land form I think
>>
File: kill your parents.png (236 KB, 437x294) Image search: [Google]
kill your parents.png
236 KB, 437x294
>>44351543
>tfw you act of treason blightsteel colossus and chandra's ignition it
>>
EDH story time

>playing Emperor, the most fucking fun EDH custom format ever
>getting shit on, my commander keeps getting hosed
>Nekusar player as Emperor, struggling against the Drana player who keeps only casting Drana
>has been pinging him with Chandra, the Firebrand for the past few turns
>Drana player at 8 life, turn passes to our side
>draw, get Hammerhand
>"Well shit, I can't use this at all"
>Nekusar player drops Chasm Skulker, prepares to Wheel of Fortune
>I cast Hammerhand on his Chasm Skulker, let him Wheel
>Chasm Skulker now an 8/8 with haste and Drana can't block
>move to combat, kill the Drana player in one swing

Why is Emperor so much fucking fun
>>
>>44350841
pirates
cards like Coastal Piracy and Treasure Hunt and Treasure Cruise
Toy Boat
>>
>>44351674
Not a fan, Although Two-Headed Giant EDH is a blast
>>
>>44351211
Dude, I know. There is no better feeling in this whole game than hitting someone for thousands of damage with that big dumb worm.

Flinging him is a close second.
>>
What precon should I build off of next? I'm between Mizzix and Derevi.
>>
>>44349998
Post the meren list? I need some ideas. My deck is all gas and no ass, know what I mean?
>>
File: ThromoktheConqueorWorm.png (294 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
ThromoktheConqueorWorm.png
294 KB, 375x523
>>44351211
>>
>>44351834
>Mizzix
Funcore as fuck
>Derevi
Cancer
>>
What are must have equipment, artifact, and enchantments for voltron?
>>
>>44351866
I guess that settles it then.
>>
>>44351893
>>
>>44351893
Boots/Greaves, Swords of Blah and Blah, Jitte, Skullclamp, Darksteel Plate, Warhammer, Batterskull and General's Kabuto. Trailblazer's Boots, Prowler's Helm, Chariot of Victory and Sword of the Animist are pretty good too, and there's a bunch of specialty ones as well that work better for some creatures than others.
>>
>>44351972
seriously, I feel like I never see this in anyone's lists but it's essentially guaranteed unblockable against anyone
>>
>>44351972
>>44352021
I have it in a few decks. It basically reads: "Equipped creature has EDHwalk."
>>
Guys, quick Q; here's the sitch:

Melek, Galvanoth, and flipping a Rite of Replication. The original gets cast for free, then the copy hits the stack.

At this point, the player casts Dualcaster mage, and has its ETB ability target the copied Rite of Replication. The triggered ability resolves, placing a third copy of RoR on the stack. Can this copy legitimately target Dualcaster, and if so, can you do this ad infinitum?

My understanding of the rules tells me that yes, it's infinite creatures.

If it does work, can you go infinite like this for just seven mana? Rite then Dualcaster?
>>
>>44352060
yes, dualcaster goes infinite with rite of replication. or any spell that makes a token copy. Although there has to be an initial creature in play to target to cast the token copy spell.
>>
>>44352129
Awesome. I'll have to let my brother know about Heat Shimmer. Good thing Dualcaster isn't modern legal!
>>
>>44352060
Yes, it works. It works even better if you cast a kicked Rite targeting whatever and then flash in a Dualcaster Mage to copy the kicked rite because his copy will also be kicked. Then you target the Dualcaster with the copied and kicked Rite to get 5 more and ad infinitum.

This is a question that's actually come up quite a lot recently and I'm wondering why. Is it cause people are building Mizzix?
>>
>>44352169
Probably. That's what I was playing; my brother builds a LOT of commander decks.

Actually, with Galvanoth flipping a Rite, can you kick it from the top of your deck even though it's free? I know alternate costs don't work with free, not sure about optional additional costs though.
>>
>>44352211
6/1/2011 You may pay additional costs, such as kicker costs, of the instant or sorcery card.
>>
>>44351409
Can I get your deck list for Daretti?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/daretti-stax-reanimater-combo/

Here's mine. It's able to do well in the cutthroat meta I'm in, and with the infinite amount of hate the other decks can produce.
>>
>>44352243
I thought so, good to confirm.

Also, turns out Twinflame is the cheapest version of Rite/Heat Shimmer, allowing you to go infinite at five mana.

Lotus bloom/chrome mox/spirit guide, land, sol ring, seething song, kobolds/memnite/ornithopter, twinflame, dualcaster.

Christmasland as fuck, but theoretical turn 1 kill vs everyone.
>>
>>44352060
Holy shit this hurts my brain.
Does that mean that you get five copies of rite that then makes five copies of DC mage?
And you could copy other creatures as well with the extra rites, giving you an infinite army of whatever is on the field?
Unreal
>>
>>44352339
That's what we just established.

Now consider a Riku deck with Parallel Lives.

God, I need to start brainstorming a Riku list full of shit like this.
>>
What are some good (U/G/R) Cards to get a good early game board presence? Things that detter people from attacking you and / or let you have a little early game offense? Preferably 4cmc or under.
So far I've come up with Coiling Oracle, Courser of Kruphix, Sylvan Caryatid, Propaganda (people want to spend all their mana in first 4 turns, hopefully deters a couple of attacks) Deceiver exarch and friends, Sakura-tribe elder, Yavimaya Elder, Garruk Wildspeaker, Aaaaaand thats about it. I don't have many original ideas.
>>
>>44351543
This makes my dick hard.

What are some good ways to abuse Stuffy Doll?
>>
>>44352529
Infinite reflection plus chain reaction. Everything is Stuffy Doll. Everything hurts.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/riku-commander-wip/

I need more rocks, more copies, and more Big Shit. Help me fill this thing out, guys. And for the love of god please don't make it ridiculously expensive, this is a deck I want to actually build.
>>
>>44352525
Check there:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-08-15-basically-ugx/
>>
>>44352295
>$858.22

Yeah, I'm not going to be able to help you with that. You're in another league son.
>>
>>44352978
More expensive does not always mean better. A 200$ deck can consistently wreck tables of 3000$ decks if you build and metagame properly.
>>
anyone have a good primer for Grenzo?
>>
File: Updated_Current_Decks.png (2 MB, 1868x801) Image search: [Google]
Updated_Current_Decks.png
2 MB, 1868x801
>>44348565

Nahiri is now Kalemne, and has full set of swords.

Putting more thoughts into Chandra. She's more fun than good, and I'm trying to find the sweet spot. Might change the commander again, either to Ashling or something else entirely.

Ezuri is not as fun as I would've liked. I might just change it to something not as commander dependant. I don't know. UG isn't interesting.
>>
>>44353263
I'm just going to type shit as it comes to mind, bear in mind I'm drunk.

1. Grenzo's power: This is the first decision you'll have to make, it will decide the entire rest of your deck, whether you're combo, aggro or midrange, etc. Fast combo Grenzos typically go for 2 or 3 power, aggro-midrange ones go a bit higher. I find 5 to be an excellent cut-off point for midrange Grenzo because it's the power of a Grenzo with Hero's Blade or turn 3 Grenzo with Cloak and Dagger, it just makes sense.

2. Creatures. All the value creatures you can get, capped at your Grenzo's max power. Here, good ETB effects or death triggers are typically a lot more valuable than big bodies, as you'll be doing the graveyard-bottomdeck-pseudo-flicker shit a lot.

3. Artifacts. Teferi's Puzzle Box, Tel-Jilad Stylus, Crystal Ball, Soldevi Digger, Reito Lantern, some equipment, lots and lots of mana acceleration, and then some more.

4. Other spells. Don't bother with removal or value enchantments or anything of the sort. The only other spells you should be running are Doomsday and tutors if you have a combo in your deck.

5. Lands. Hideaway Lands are great, insanely powerful in this deck. It can't hurt to run off-color fetches to be able to shuffle after some bad scries, but I wouldn't overload on them.
>>
>>44352636
Infinite Reflection on a Stuffy Doll only really matters for things that enter later, because Stuffy Doll only gets a named player as it enters the battlefield. You need a token-maker or something in-between Infinite Reflection and Chain Reaction to really do much.
>>
>>44353378
To be clear, you'll still be running "removal", but they won't be instants, they'll be Nekrataal, Duplican, Shriekmaw, Big Game Hunter, etc. When you can set them up with scries and with Grenzo in play, you still get to "respond" to things by Grenzo-ing them in play, basically making them instants.
>>
GOOD EVENING, CASUAL FUCKWITS.

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO SUCK AT DECKBUILDING?
>>
>>44353381
Fair enough. Would something like Mirrorweave work? Would it copy the property of a "chosen player"?
>>
>>44353441
I DON'T KNOW

YOU TELL ME
>>
>>44353441
I haven't been around here much lately, are you trying to become some /edhg/ personality or something, or are you just a very lonely faggot that's starved for attention?
>>
>>44353457

IF I KNEW, I WOULDN'T BE ASKING.

I AM AT A LOSS FOR WORDS AS TO HOW TO SUMMARIZE WHAT IT WOULD POSSIBLY BE LIKE TO TRY SO HARD AT DECKBUILDING, ONLY TO SHUFFLE UP THE STEAMING PILES OF ARGONIAN SHIT THAT COULD BE FOUND IN A THREAD LIKE THIS.

>>44353486
I WILL NOT ALLOW THESE THREADS TO BECOME THE HUGBOXES THAT THEY ARE. THERE NEEDS TO BE RESISTANCE. A VOICE OF REASON. WHO WILL REPRESENT THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT WINNING?
>>
File: 1436810363814.gif (1016 KB, 322x166) Image search: [Google]
1436810363814.gif
1016 KB, 322x166
>>44353537

Stop.
>>
>>44353417
Thanks!
>>
>>44353558

WHAT A GRUMPY LITTLE SHIT OF A FELINE.
>>
>>44353441
>>44353537
>>44353600
Thanks for using a name, at least.
>>
>>44344855
>tap; turn someones general into a useless statue forever

Anyone know other creatures with a similar effect to this motherfucker?
>>
>>44353537
>hugbox
These threads are among the least civilized on /tg/, you're imagining a hugbox that isn't there. And then you're shitposting about it.
>>
>>44353621

NO PROBLEM, ANON. IF YOU WANT TO FILTER ME, GO AHEAD. YOU'LL JUST BE MISSING OUT ON MY SAGELY WISDOM.
>>
>>44353627

WELL THEN.

GOOD.
>>
>>44353636
Literally no one but you finds this amusing, I'd commend you on your effort but I don't think any went into typing these posts.
>>
>>44353453
AFAIK, the chosen player isn't a copyable value.

Now, you can force a draw with Pariah's Shield and Stuffy Doll naming yourself, if you so please.
>>
>>44351799
I've built mine to hit for (non infinite) damage numbers that can only be reasonably represented in scientific notation. The joy of getting new high scores (I keep a list on the inside lid of the box I keep him in) is sooo real.
>>
>>44350418
Probably a bit late, but skimping on the boardwipes in EDH is never a good choice. You're in EDH. Variance is high in this format; boardwipes are a necessity. This is still true for creature-heavy decks. Unless you're going all-in on a combo, you need some boardwipes for when things get out of hand. It IS going to happen, and you don't want to rely on someone else for them.

In your case I would do Akroma's Vengeance, Terminus, Austere Command, Final Judgment. If you want to be low on wipes those 4 should cover your bases.

Since you're not interacting with your own graveyard, you want to use wipes that get rid of creatures more permanently without being thrwarted by Sigarda or Indestructible, and Terminus and Final Judgement do that. Austere Command gives you some much-needed versatility, and Akroma's Vengeance has the advantage of being able to be cycled when you don't need it.

Also, don't forget that you can Miracle Terminus on an opponent's turn.

Finally, consider All is Dust for when you really need everything gone.
>>
>>44353728
Whenever a creature like this hits the board, I prefer to just count its P/T as "way past lethal". But I guess Thromok isn't too long to calculate, it's just X^X, right?
>>
>>44353803
It's X^2.

He gets X counters for each of X creatures, so X^2.
>>
>>44353803
He's not too bad if you're keeping it tame, but Feed the Pack sends him into scientific notation concerningly quickly
>>
>>44353926
I tried to like Feed the Pack but sacrificing only at EoT is shit, absolute shit, this card is so close to playable but the timing restriction ruins it.
>>
>>44346652

Kemba isn't a voltron commander
>>
>>44346921

Teeg is the hatebear to end hatebears tho, you need to get him, he shits all over mizzix and black decks
>>
>>44354146
>Chord of Calling for Gaddock Teeg
100% fair and you can't convince me it isn't.
>>
>>44354163
>getting Teeg and Containment Priest off Collected Company
FAIR! God I love EDH hatebears.
>>
One guy in my play group calls him "guy's dick teeny"
>>
>>44354220
That guy sounds retarded.
>>
>>44353905
actually it's X^X
>6/1/2012: For example, if Thromok devours one creature, it will enter the battlefield with one +1/+1 counter on it. If it devours two creatures, it will enter with two +1/+1 counters for each of them, for a total of four +1/+1 counters. Devouring three creatures will produce nine +1/+1 counters, and so on.

>>44353769
well with sun titan and creeping renaissance i guess i could put some board wipes in what should i cut for it? Sadly my 1 austere command is in my daxos deck so i'll have to pick one up but until then i can put a Rout, Akroma's Vengence, and OG Wrath with plans to replace wrath with final judgement. Although Sudden Disappearance and suture priest seems pretty funny
>>
I know I've posted this in here before, but this is the finalized version. Just purchased it for my friend for Christmas, so I can't swap any cards. How do you guys think this would fare in competitive EDH? Or against some of your own personal deck's? Would it be a fun deck to play against? Please let me know. I don't want to give a shitty deck as a gift. Thank you. :)

http://www.mtgvault.com/felonary/decks/hell-unleashed/
>>
>>44354163
Ooh i think i have a chord hanging around somewhere!
>>44354146
I wish i had a Teeg but i made the deck with what i had laying around
>>
>>44354242
Nah man, that's X^2. 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, for a curve of 1-4-9-16

X^X would be 1, 2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4x4, for a curve of 1-4-27-256
>>
>>44354230

He likes to come up with demeaning pet names for cards, it makes him feel better about getting shit on by a 2-drop
>>
File: qwedqfw.png (148 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
qwedqfw.png
148 KB, 223x311
Is daretti's deck the most powerful out-of-the-box deck out of all the commander products? You can welder into wurmcoils and myr battlespheres, and ichor wellspring shenanigans too. Steel hellkite is a powerful card too. Its only downside is not interacting with enchantments ever, and not a lot of mana dumps, even though you end up with a ton of mana quite early.
>>
>>44354332
>demeaning pet names
How hard is it to just say "Oh, it's this piece of shit again" for every card you hate?
>>
>>44354394
Haven't tried them all but it's possibly the one that does the most broken shit out of the box. I'm tempted to say it's the most powerful but I haven't tried Prossh out of the box and I hear it was quite powerful (because Prossh could pilot a deck with 99 lands and still do fine).
>>
>>44354242
Well, there are a few obvious cuts. Try cutting things like Kataki, Hum of the Radix, etc - rather than creating an upkeep cost, just blow the artifacts up. Also Umbilicus is an obvious cut - It's literally just 2 life per turn; no one will ever bounce their own things unless it is beneficial to them to do so.

I'm still not a fan of Yeva or Vedalken Orrery. If you don't already have replacements slotted, also consider removing those.

I stand by what's posted here >>44347415

Keep in mind, though, that how many wipes you run is up to you. I suggest at least 3 good all-purpose ones, and then going from there. Austere Command is pretty much an auto-include in white. I don't see too much value from Rout - being able to be cast as an instant is very powerful but your deck is fine playing on its own turn - but it's still a good creature wipe.

Sudden Disappearance is very versatile; I'd run it since it's great with Suture Priest and still good without it.
>>
>>44354394
>>44354473
Prossh out of the box is more consistent. Daretti can be fantastically powerful out of the box, or flounder around uselessly. Daretti also really lacks ways to safegaurd the PW right out of the box, so against foes that stay on top of him, he won't last long.
>>
>>44345162
that strategy would be extremely painful
>>
has anyone thought about using creatures with modular and graft with ezuri?
>>
>>44354841
Thats true prossh is pretty damn scary. Isn't there an infinite combo in just the prebuilt? How does it work?
>>
>>44355445
Don't think so, but both him and Daretti have some surprisingly brutal built-in combos.
>>
>>44355445

yes there is

primal vigor + tooth and claw is infinite death and etb triggers

the deck also came with multiple cards that can turn that into lethal (goblin sharpshooter, deathbringer thoctar, stalking vengeance)
>>
>>44355336
Graft sure. Why modular?
>>
>>44355648

so that when people kill the guy you dropped 10 counters on, the counters just move to something else

thats his reasoning in my mind, but its not that simple because people dont really try to spot remove their way to victory against ezuri, they use board wipes, which shit on modular
>>
>>44355688
My thinking too, but I was more concerned with the artifact creature requirement.
>>
File: decks.png (1015 KB, 1362x383) Image search: [Google]
decks.png
1015 KB, 1362x383
>>44349463
Mind posting your sharuum deck? Mine feels too tryhard so id love to change it up.
>>
File: EDH.jpg (91 KB, 452x590) Image search: [Google]
EDH.jpg
91 KB, 452x590
>>44348565
Not sure what to build after I eventually finish these two. Alesha seems really rad but I still wanna try something with one of the Teysas. Old Teysa is obviously good and I might just run her in Alesha if I go for that but Envoy of Ghosts seems hella rad even if it's expensive as shit and doesn't do a whole lot.
>>
Does xenograft's ability trigger Reaper King's second ability. From googling I've found forum posts that say yes because xenograft's ability is static and so the creature type is applied before Reaper King's ability checks it, but the rulings for it seem to say otherwise. Clarification please?
>>
>>44355688

that was the idea yeah but people are always going to use board wipes and making spot removal a worse choice is always a good thing right?
>>
File: EDH.png (641 KB, 891x549) Image search: [Google]
EDH.png
641 KB, 891x549
>>44348565
>>
>>44356357

It's good because spot removal is more of a temporary solution whereas board wipe is the long term plan

Using a modular creature with many counters and swinging with it and a few other creatures is cool because instant speed kill spells won't help your opponents avoid damage
>>
I've got a Marchesa EDH running at the moment...
I have the issue that I don't draw enough lands most games despite having enough in there,
I shuffle, pile shuffle, and mulligan away bad drops, but still get no lands.
Feels bad. :(
>>
>>44356484
must be a palestinian
>>
>>44356357
You could always run some indestructible artifact creatures or ways of granting indestructible like darksteel reactor, though as far as I can tell the artifact creatures that do have indestructible don't really have much synergy with counters.

Of course there's always the chance someone uses a board wipe like terminus instead so I think having a sac outlet like greater good would be a better choice.
>>
>>44356273
Assuming Xenograft is set to scarecrows, Reaper King will trigger when your normally non-scarecrows enter the battlefield. What ruling is making you think otherwise?
>>
File: th (6).jpg (9 KB, 300x237) Image search: [Google]
th (6).jpg
9 KB, 300x237
>>44356484
the gods demand sacrifice
>>
>>44356273
>>44356898
Now that I'm looking at gatherer, I assume it's this ruling that is tripping you up
>Replacement effects that modify creatures of a certain type as they enter the battlefield will apply (or not apply) before you apply Xenograft's effect. For example, if Warrior is the chosen creature type and you control Bramblewood Paragon, a Runeclaw Bear would not enter the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter.
The difference is that Bramblewood Paragon is a replacement effect that is trying to modify a creature as it's entering the battlefield, which xenograft doesn't help with. When it actually hits the battlefield though, it is a scarecrow and Reaper King will react to it as such. It's kind of a funky difference, but it's there. I'll try to post the relevant comprehensive rules if I remember in the morning.
>>
Hey guys, let's brainstorm some underused, semi-decent, reasonably-costed cards:
Champion of lambholt
Predator ooze
Wild beast master

From those 3 cards you guys can tell which power level I'm thinking about.
>>
>>44355791
Here it is, I was asleep when you replied to my post.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/praise-sharuum/
>>
>>44357165
A shitty one?
>>
>>44356484

Seems like you're misrepresenting the situation

By whAt metric do you claiM to be running "enough" lands if, in point of fact, you do not draw enough lands in your games?

Magic is random and sometimes people get mana fucked, but that's something that evens out over time, regression to the mean

Either you haven't played enough games with the deck to get an accurate sample size, or you do not have enough card draw, filtering, or number lands in your deck

Unless you want us to believe you have some kind of irrevocable bad luck curse
>>
>>44357378
They're definitely not Numai Outcast-shitty but they're near-playable.
>>
>>44356484
Cut what you consider to be your most common dead draw for either a dual land, mana rock, or easy to cast ramp like Solemn Simulacrum. Keep doing it until you either can't make any more cuts or you start going too far. Worst case scenario you mana flood yourself, which can be mitigated with cycling lands and rocks that you can sac to draw cards like mind stone and dreamstone hedron, even commanders sphere.
>>
>>44357165

I've had a lot of success with Managorger Hydra, it being a 1/1 for 3 at first flies under a lot of people's radars until it becomes a monster 25/25 Trampler.
>>
File: 1434475527874.gif (2 MB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
1434475527874.gif
2 MB, 245x180
Merry Christmas!
>>
File: Fable of Wolf and Owl_EVE.jpg (57 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Fable of Wolf and Owl_EVE.jpg
57 KB, 312x445
Post secret tech.

>This in Newzuri is bonkers.
>>
>>44358115
Thanks for the input man. I've been looking for cards like these since our group is running an "underused" tournament, where we cannot run obvious staples outside basics.

Managorger does sound good for the properties I'm looking for. I'll consider it for the deck I'm making.

Jolrael and the 1st borborygmos are the commanders I'm building around
>>
File: balancingact.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
balancingact.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>44358763
Keep Blue/Green in check for the price of a Wrath.
>>
>>44355791
I see Zedruu around a lot but I never figured out why he's good. What's your list look like?
>>
File: fatty.jpg (36 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
fatty.jpg
36 KB, 223x310
Could I have some critique on my Thromok deck?
Happy Christmas eve, fa/tg/uys.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fatty-fat-fat-fat/
>>
>>44354394
>>44354473
>>44354841

Why is prossh one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) of the 2013 decks on ebay and amazon if it's the best of the bunch? Shouldn't that drive the price a bit?
>>
>>44359290
Prossh was the only great card out of the deck.
>>
>>44359303
Doesn't it come with some other good stuff though? like 15 other cards in the deck are worth keeping in even in a competitive build.
>>
>>44359223
Since you considered Fungal Sprouting (which is a pet card of mine), have you considered Sylvan Offering and Tempt with Vengeance?

Does Crop Rotation appeal to you?
>>
>>44359393
Good taste, man. I was considering tempt, but starcity's out of them at the moment, and trying to use up my credit there.
And it does. The idea of someone blocking Thromok and blowing them out by tutoring for Kessig Wolf Run is hilarious to me.
>>
>>44359290
I do think the reason behind its cheapness is that there are potentially almost no Modern\Legacy\Vintage staples in there
Consider Mind Seize's True-Name Nemesis
I pre-ordered the Prossh precon and I didn't regret it since I was just playing for fun and not resale value
>>
>>44359465
Maybe you can also squeeze in cards like
Sekki
Saproling Burst
Spontaneous Generation
Life's Legacy

Though I am not sure which cards to cut.
>>
>>44359290
Good deck, weak singles.
>>
Can thraximundar voltron be a thing? Really dig the card, but I don't know if he's worth building around
>>
>>44359779
Sure, he's got haste and pseudo-evasion. But he's expensive to cast and that's kind of his big weakness. The "best" voltron generals (Rafiq, Zurgo, etc) are cheap and can either strike for lethal or are hard to remove once set on the table.

But, it's EDH man, do what you want.
>>
>>44354113
That's why I play Possessed Portal. Slow the game to a crawl. Get bigger numbers.
>>
File: archive.png (118 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
archive.png
118 KB, 223x311
Are there any cards that replicate the card draw effect of Alhammarret's Archive? I run it in my noyan dar deck and the thing's awesome, but I don't really use the lifegain ability.
>>
>>44360043
Thought Reflection (but its 7 mana)
>>
>>44360163
Which is why you run it with Academy Rector! Requires UW unfortunately
>>
>>44358763
Three and four CMC commanders coming out a turn earlier is always a good thing, no matter how you have to make it happen.
>>
File: Jeweled Amulet.jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Jeweled Amulet.jpg
69 KB, 312x445
>>44360466
fuck
>>
>>44358594
You too, anon!
>>
File: Jarad Golgari Lich Lord.jpg (42 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Jarad Golgari Lich Lord.jpg
42 KB, 223x310
What is the most fun deck in your meta to fight against family?
>>
>>44348403
Portal Three Kingdoms had a very low print run anyway and it is insanely rare in English, I believe the only places English cards were sold for that set were Australia and NZ
>>
>>44356961
Thanks anon! That was exactly the answer I was looking for and yes, that was the ruling that was bothering me. I would definitely like to see the comprehensive rules that pertain to it though though so I can reference it when I use it in that manner.
>>
My Bosh is not good in 1v1, I just got smoked. My curve is way too high, might fare better in multiplayer

How many mana rocks do you usually run, as a rule of thumb?
>>
>>44359779
Sure he can. I've got a Vish Kal semi voltron deck that is one of my best, and they have the same cmc.
>>
>>44360901
None. Everything is either voltron that plays the same every game, combo solitaire with 10 minute turns, or control that grinds the game to a halt. I hate my meta.
>>
>>44361096
>How many mana rocks do you usually run, as a rule of thumb?
As many as you can afford desu, MLD is your friend.
>>
>>44361347
>almost all the EDH archetypes are represented
>I hate my meta
>>
Who's the best Voltron commander that isn't Zurgo? I've been leaning towards Godo, and I like that he tutors to make himself stronger but that's a high CMC for a 3/3 and mono-red isn't great. Who else is good?
>>
>>44361362
Am poor

But really, is there a ratio? Like 1 rock for every 2-3 lands?
>>
>>44361474
Rafiq and Shu Yun since they can both easily OHKO people if left unchecked.
>>
>>44350841
Dwarven trading ship.
>>
>>44360901
I have a few lazav players I want to test Meren with. So far I've only gone against them when I was playing Nahiri and came back with mixed results.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.