[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will ask (probably about DSP).

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/N12s5sEi
Proposed revision and reorganization of tier list: http://pastebin.com/t4BXvY3Q (what does everyone think of this?)

Help make the Destruction sphere from Spheres of Power good! The author of the Destruction sphere handbook is trying to let blasters annihilate enemies as well as martials, without obsoleting martials. Read through the Google document below and leave comments on the new options there.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c3LPA0j7qKpLFP2lOr3I9X9VUpH8vOvs17pKmTCj36M/edit

Dreamscarred Press needs YOUR help in providing feedback for a tiny product (just six pages of rules), Psion Focused Disciplines! You can download it below and comment on it in the Google document.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/iik823
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NjfEMcQW5jgCIGL3--3PzXiuu7ZeYUE0vTWy-F2D1bc/edit

Previous thread: >>44192833
>>
First for I want to marry a cleric!
>>
So are monks still not proficient with unarmed strikes in pathfinder? Am I missing something, because I thought that got fixed?
>>
>>44200154
Cleric of Lolth maybe.
>>
>>44200160
They are.
>>
File: 1440836492134.jpg (91 KB, 600x850) Image search: [Google]
1440836492134.jpg
91 KB, 600x850
>>44200154

I want to marry a Cleric of Shelyn!
>>
File: d15d1f8fafdb6e7812c69921d691b208.jpg (344 KB, 1200x1697) Image search: [Google]
d15d1f8fafdb6e7812c69921d691b208.jpg
344 KB, 1200x1697
Don't hide it from me /pfg/
Tell me about that one build you really want to play?
>>
>>44200172
That seems like a poor decision. Cleric of Erastil, clearly.
>>
>>44200197
Is there a place that's stated? Unarmed strikes are simple weapons and monks don't have proficiency with those, also the monk's unarmed strikes only count as natural weapon's for spell effects. No proficiency is granted in Improved Unarmed Strike.
>>
>>44200172
Take some pointers from >>44200207 He knows how to pick a waifu
>>
>>44200069
You roll 25d1 and distribute the result among stats, starting at 10, with progressively increasing costs.
>>
>>44200210

I've heard of a thigh gap but that's just ridiculous, can you really get hips that wide?

>>44200214

Cleric of Shelyn with a worshiper of Erastil probably makes the best combo.
>>
>>44200210
Pre-nerf Daring Champion.
>>
>>44200210
Dread/Anti-Paladin Intimidator
But sadly, its too fear dependent and though it might be great at subjugating and conquering humanoid kingdoms, my DM would sic slimes and undead at us eventually if I push it too hard.
>>
>>44200210
I've been hoping to play a Living Legend at some point, but my current character hasn't died and I'm enjoying them too much.
>>
File: whining.png (551 KB, 1190x1189) Image search: [Google]
whining.png
551 KB, 1190x1189
>>44200057
It shouldn't ever have to come to that, and I did make a gentleman's oath to not be a total cockwaffle.

In regards to Sacred Geometry, however, there is a reason I always have Paragon Surge prepared.
>>
>>44200210
An initiator! Any Initiator!
But my DM doesn't allow PoW.
>>
>>44200210
Dragon Disciple. Any kind of build for it would do.

About a hundred different Druid/Monks but every time i try to make one the game ends before the build comes online.

TWF Ranger/Souldrinker for negative level shenanigans.
>>
>>44200128
So let's say one was to try becoming a god through the Starstone test - are there any actual aspects of reality that aren't already covered by an existing god, or even a combination of Domains that hasn't been done yet?
>>
>>44200211
Can someone explain this for me?

It makes no sense.
>>
>>44200210
3.5 ranger that hunts wizards and evil with his insanely powerful senses.
>>
>>44200210
I just started using a CaGM barbarian with the invulnerable rager archetype and Dazing Assault feat in a high-level campaign recently. I'm really excited for it because it's going to be completely different to play this character compared to my last one, both in terms of combat and role play (my last character was a mage with a much higher INT). It seems like I had good timing too, because in the last session we had to participate in a series of contests of strength and martial skill, and this barbarian character was much better suited for such contests than my last character.

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss the next session because I have a wedding to attend, and possibly more sessions after that because I'm going to start working at a new job with a schedule that might probably will mess things up. But still, at least the first session I brought him in on worked out great.
>>
>>44200296
You roll those numbers, each of those sets you choose the best three dice and add those together to determine a stat. So roll 9d6, add the top 3 together and you'll find one stat, follow that up with 8d6 for another stat, then 7d6 etc...
>>
>inb4 Highschool dropout Tzeentian/Milanian/paidrone tries to defend Stalin.
Remember kids, stay in school and pursue a higher education. No, a Liberal Arts major does not count as higher education.
>>
>>44200210
Psychic Armory. Sadly, my Magus refuses to die and I'm very sure that if the party loses their sole caster, we're all screwed.
>>
File: ss+(2015-10-08+at+04.26.28).png (76 KB, 388x339) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-10-08+at+04.26.28).png
76 KB, 388x339
>>44200239
>>
>>44200210
An enchantment sorcerer solely dedicated to cucкolding the other PCs and the DM's favorite NPCs.
>>
File: 1377546797342.jpg (12 KB, 251x206) Image search: [Google]
1377546797342.jpg
12 KB, 251x206
>>44200294
>are there any actual aspects of reality that aren't already covered by an existing god, or even a combination of Domains that hasn't been done yet?

>There is no neutral/good deity of fertility
>There is no "God of the Elves" like Aroden or Torag
>There is no God of Strategic War
>There is no neutral/good God of Industry
>There is no God of Beauty - there is a God of Love, but aspects can be sheared off
>>
>>44200210

That girl is a qt.
>>
>>44200271
Online games, bruh
>>
>>44200358

>There are no Ulfen Gods, there are no Not!Thor, Not!Odin or even Not!Loki
>There are no Avistani Gods of the Sun
>There are no Avistani Gods of the Moon
>The only God of Medicine is from Tian Xia
>Is there even really a Trickster God in Avistan?
>>
>>44200294
I think it's more that you become a god associated with who you are rather than fill a spot not taken yet.

I could see someone trying to take Aroden's place as the god of Humanity, though.

If the one taking the test was a race other than human, they could become a racial deity as well, though personally, my theory is that only humans can succeed at the test.

>>44200358
We have Brigh, The Brass Lady and god of invention.
>>
>>44200358
>God of Strategic War
Torag. He is essentially a non-retard benevolent version of Rogal Dorn
>>
>>44200338
Does History count?

I don't want to repeat it.
>>
>>44199293
I am fine with both of those. They're filled with fantasy characters.

Just not a generic touhou maid, or a generic touhou face.

>>44198824
I gave a pretty thorough list last time, but sure I'll sum up.

>Min Skill value 2/5*lv & Max Skill ranks 3/5*lv. Count both for Prereqs.
>Background skills & Knowledges, by Int
>Active Skills by Wis
>*Half Skill ranks per level IE 1/2/3/4+Half [Int/Wis]
>Condensed Skill List.
>WBL as part of character advancement via CAPs.
>Start at L4.
>GM arbitrates which errata stands, and which does not.
>No gunslingers or guns by default, If/When they are included they follow completely different rules than Paizo guns.
>Races and Classes available will vary by campaign, you can't just *Assume* "Dwarven Fighter" will be an available option.
>Heavy leaning toward T2/3 games, with me more likely to include T1 content than T4 content.
>NPCs & Monsters are not made using the normals subsystems but are made pretty fast and loose based on benchmarks.
>XP Granted more like in Shadowrun.

Next on the to-do list: A subsystem for measuring/using/statting up contacts/allies. Will look into the FC rules for contacts & reputation, may end up basing it on them, or on Shadowrun's rules for the same.
>>
Newish DM here. I'm creating premade characters for a Curse of the Crimson Throne campaign. I know one character is going to be a Paladin, another a witch, and the third a Fighter/Rogue. Is a Cleric archer build as viable in pathfinder as it was in 3.5? Barring that what would be a good 4th class?
>>
>>44200358
I dunno, lets check the Empyreal Lords list and see what we can find.

Also, Daikitsu and that one Snake Goddess are Nuetral Fertility Gods, and there's that one NG Goddess of farming and growth.
>>
>>44200210
Based off >>44199267 's suggestion
I want to roll a Siege Mage / Construct Rider and build a Mammoth Tank.
>>
>>44200419
History is kinda neutral ground. Depends on what you do with the degree and what you specialize in.
>>
>>44200210
Gestalt Cavalier / Bard
Not much into combat and more into being the party tactician and war drummer
>>
>>44200453
Pretty much anyone with enough DEX can be a good archer, just takes a lot of feats. Cleric is a pretty good idea for that party also.
>>
File: 1448927649887.png (13 KB, 555x407) Image search: [Google]
1448927649887.png
13 KB, 555x407
>>44200469
>Also, Daikitsu and that one Snake Goddess are Nuetral Fertility Gods, and there's that one NG Goddess of farming and growth.

They're from Tian Xia, nobody gives a fuck about Tian Xia.

Nobody.

Seriously, to put it in perspective; Shizuru is a better written version of Iomedae, and she was around long before Iomedae became a goddess.
>>
>>44200491
Was hoping to get into one of the museums.

Not liking my chances right now.

But enough blogging from me, let's talk Pathfinder. On the subject of history, even!

What percentage of Avistan's populace would actually know about Earthfall?
>>
>>44200453
Alchemist is always good, in any party, and easy to adapt to any setting.

Maybe throw healing bombs onto the build as your first discovery, and it'll easily replace a cleric.

Cleric Archer is feat-hungry.
>>
>>44200358
I would assume the god of Industry is Abadar.
>>
File: Drow Pantheon (xtianayuni).jpg (92 KB, 900x437) Image search: [Google]
Drow Pantheon (xtianayuni).jpg
92 KB, 900x437
>>44200396
If there was a trickster god in Avistan, how would you know?
>>
>>44200509
>They're from Tian Xia, nobody gives a fuck about Tian Xia.

I long for an *Good* Oriental Adventures book.

One that adds new exotic weapons and armors, new Ki-flavored class archetypes, a fix to the ninja, samurai and monk, and alternate racial archetypes and features consistent with being characters in fantasy-asia.
>>
>>44200534
>thinking healing replaces a cleric
Oh, you poor innocent. I feel sorry for you not knowing of such glories.
>>
>>44200239
Brilliant. I like this one too.

I'm also a fan of the (more random).

Take 12 flat, rectangular, 1-numbered dice from 3-9, which add up to a total of 74 (or 78) - of the players' choice. Then mix them up (face down) and arrange into pairs.

Turn the pairs face up, and note down the numbers.

Each player does this X times, and then the GM can do it as well. Generate 5-7 arrays to choose from.

Any player can choose any of the arrays for their character, and arrange as desired.
>>
>>44200160
> All characters are proficient with unarmed strikes and any natural weapons they gain from their race.
>>
>>44200525
>What percentage of Avistan's populace would actually know about Earthfall?
That's actually a pretty good question. One which we will probably never get a good answer on.

Considering Paizo Devs have gone on record saying both "Casters are super rare so you don't have to worry about balance" and "Casters are super common, that's why we can have 21st century western values enforced across multiple continents", I'm pretty sure we can expect and equally frustrating answer.
>>
>>44200396
Both Calistra and Norgerber share the different aspects.
>>
>>44200579
* The GM chooses the total; the players choose the specific flat dice used (cards).
>>
File: Dk_angel_rush.png (170 KB, 428x480) Image search: [Google]
Dk_angel_rush.png
170 KB, 428x480
>>44200210
A Kineticist dipping a level of Siegebreaker Fighter that uses Kinetic Fist, Pushing Infusion and Circling Mongoose to chase after bull-rushed enemies and has Dragon Style/Ferocity.
>>
File: 1449002436011.jpg (1 MB, 2753x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449002436011.jpg
1 MB, 2753x2000
>>44200572
>Thinks Paizo can be trusted to make an oriental adventures book without somehow shoehorning SJ nonsense into it.
>>
>>44200358
>There is no neutral/good deity of fertility
I thought there was an empyreal lord of motherhood, but I might be wrong. There's also Pharasma, although admittedly she's less fertility and more... birth in general. You can probably pray to her to ask for help conceiving, though.

>There is no "God of the Elves" like Aroden or Torag
The elves do have their own pantheon, though. It's just that none of the gods in it are major deities of the setting.

>There is no God of Strategic War
You literally just mentioned Torag, brah.

You're more-or-less right, although I think you could spin Abadar into that role. He's already pretty spread out, though. Brigh is also the goddess of making shit, which is a pretty important part of industry.

>There is no God of Beauty - there is a God of Love, but aspects can be sheared off
Shelyn pulls double duty as a goddess of love and beauty.

>>44200396
>There are no Ulfen Gods, there are no Not!Thor, Not!Odin or even Not!Loki
As far as I know, you're right.

>There are no Avistani Gods of the Sun
Have you heard of Sarenrae?

>There are no Avistani Gods of the Moon
She dead, she dead, she dead. Helped stop Earthfall from being worse than it was.

>The only God of Medicine is from Tian Xia
To be fair, what cleric would practice tradition medicine when his/her god lets them heal wounds and cure diseases with a touch?

Calistria is tricky. I would also suggest Asmodeus is a novel spin on the idea of a trickster god. So it's sort of spread out between two different gods, one chaotic trickery and the other lawful deception.
>>
>>44200396
>>44200616
Also I think some of the Eldest have Trickster stuff as well.
>>
File: F7GR5NLFXA2YPI2.MEDIUM.jpg (24 KB, 490x293) Image search: [Google]
F7GR5NLFXA2YPI2.MEDIUM.jpg
24 KB, 490x293
>>44200210
You will never unsee the NERF Maverick in her left hand.
>>
>>44200421

>I am fine with both of those. They're filled with fantasy characters.

I will bear that in mind.

>Just not a generic touhou maid, or a generic touhou face.

I have never posted a maid or a plain face as an opening image.

>>44200257

>Why exactly are we using pastebins for all of this stuff, rather than something like a google doc that someone actively maintains?

>I can see a pastebin that links to the different documents, and update the index from time to time, but why are so many of the actual documents written up in pastebin as though that's a good format?

I believe the preference towards pastebins born out of a desire for anonymity.

That said, it would perhaps be best to transfer everything to a Google document anyway. I will do such a thing once the repository needs to be updated again.
>>
>Trod
>repeatedly rnslaved
>-2 to all methanol stats in a casters world
>taken away from their ayy lmao home planet
>have no patron God or racial archetype
>completely ignored by paizo
Their existence is god's failure.
>>
>>44200635

Anon... Tian Xia is canonically reactionary, in the Land of the Linnorm Kings book most of them detest the mixing of blood between their kind and Ulfen, and the Path of Aganhei was lost because the man who discovered it was killed by the Emperor because it risked the spread of foreign influences.

They have done a lot to show Tian Xia is nothing like Avistan in terms of culture.
>>
File: file.png (336 KB, 336x476) Image search: [Google]
file.png
336 KB, 336x476
For whoever was wondering about the Touched by Divinity trait.
I need to stop posting in dead threads.
>>
>>44200210
>I will never get to play my Changeling Mesmerist
>I will never be able to say with pride why I want to play one

Should I just end it now? The shame is unbearable.
>>
>>44200608
Thank you!
>>
>>44200160
>>44200224
Core Rule Book. The sentence just before the one mentioned non-proficient penalty that you like so much.
>>
>>44200635

Who

Cares
>>
>>44200294
I need a god of sodomy for my gay barbarian to invoke the name of as he screams BLOOD AND THUNDER while mounting the gay wizard.
>>
>>44200724
Why, anon.
Anime reference?
Something worse?
Is this somehow related to horsefuckery?
We're all freaks here.
>>
>>44200744
I'm not sure you actually need that
>>
>>44200727
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/equipment.html

new link. apparantly it's in CRB too. Simple, Martial, and Exotic Weapons section.
>>
>>44200689
>I believe the preference towards pastebins born out of a desire for anonymity.
If you're paranoid about such things you could get an anonymizing vpn service (I like mullvad personally, but it's 5 Euro/mo), and then use a dummy Gmail account.
>>
>>44200210
I made a Wizard archetype that specializes in making Magical Traps and Curses, even wasting spellslots to increase the DC of said traps and curses.

Basically, this is the Wizard who gets hired by other Wizards to defend their tower from greedy murderhobos.

I'm trying to convince the DM to let me play it in his King-Maker campaign
>>
>>44200732
If it's not any good, why would you want it?
>>
>>44200710

I knew I wasn't crazy! You can totally be the daughter or son of Shelyn!
>>
>>44200751
Nah, just picked up a thing about hypnosis at the beginning of puberty and still can't drop it.

I was a better person before that.
>>
>>44200534
Cleric aren't healbot. They are toolbox.
>>
>>44200591
This shit. This is what pisses me off about Golarion more than literally anything else in the setting. The writers are so inconsistent about whether magic is suppose to be commonplace or rare as fuck to non-adventurers. Number two on the list of things that frustrates me is the nonsensical economy, but that can't really be helped in a game like this.
>>
>>44200792
Ah, I see.
I have that fetish too, anon, I just prefer it on the girls.
Either way, that isn't that bad as long as you make sure it's not obviously creepy ERP.
>>
>>44200757
No, I definitely do. The setting would be better for it, I'm sure. The fact that Paizo hasn't made one is proof that they don't really support diversity.
>>
File: 1446546903105.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446546903105.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
so if a player casts simulacrum and creates a efreeti genie does the player gain, essentially, infinite wishes? simulacrum being a 7th level spell and wish being able to duplicate a 7th level spell. here are the pages for both, pathfinder is this fuckin dumb is it?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/simulacrum

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/genie/efreeti
>>
>>44200744
>>44200912

Shelyn views homosexual relationships as equal to heterosexual relationships, so there you go.
>>
File: 1398982416195.jpg (11 KB, 397x436) Image search: [Google]
1398982416195.jpg
11 KB, 397x436
>>44200923
Yes. Simulacrum is worded like shit, but the wording seems to support that. That being said, that's probably not even the most retarded thing it can do.

having sex with mindless demons!
>>
>>44200635
The funny thing is that Tian Xa is nothing more than a collection of every Asian stereotype ever exploited by popular media.
>>
Does anyone have any interesting stories about intelligent items in their sessions? Was thinking of doing a bladebound magus NPC in my campaign, and it got me thinking about characters and their items interacting either with complimentary or counter purposes.
>>
>>44200744
Im pretty sure that there's an Empyreal Lord for that. I vaguely recall /pfg/ laughing about it when Inner Sea Gods happened.
>>
File: 1420750829573.jpg (10 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1420750829573.jpg
10 KB, 250x241
>>44200978

You know what's worse?

They actually work in a way that's fun and intriguing.

I don't *want* some bland attempt at a "realistic, fantasy progressive country", I want something where I can tell what it's all about ten words into the description.

A romp through Minkai is a lot more interesting than a romp through Qadira, any day.
>>
>>44200975
I hate to think that they put this little thought into making a game but i know theres worse to infinite wishes
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/angel/solar
and even then its worse then this
>>
File: 13478340503631.jpg (99 KB, 884x666) Image search: [Google]
13478340503631.jpg
99 KB, 884x666
>>44201048
>step 1 cast simulacrum
>step 2 create demon lord
>repeat step 1 & 2
>kill demon lord with an army of himself
>become a demon lord
>create simulacrum of yourself
>>
>>44200572
Cast your vote /pfg/:
>Oriental Adventures Book when?
>Arabian Nights Adventure Book when?
>Raiders of the Lost Ark Adventure Book when?
>City of Steam and Magic Adventure Book when?
>Deep in the Underdark Adventure Book when?
>Planeswalkers Adventure Book when?
>Deep Sea Delvers Adventure Book when?
>>
>>44201195

You forgot a Land of the Linnorm Kings Adventure Book.
>>
>>44201195
>City of Steam and Magic Adventure Book

That sounds pretty sweet. Would also like a huge book dedicated to the test of the star stone
>>
I want to play a true defender. I want to be the guy that makes the party always feel safe. I've tried the sweihander sentinel and I would nearly die every session because every roll against me was a crit, and even if it wasn't I didn't feel like I was useful. In 3.5 I thought the Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil was dope and I'm going for something similar without going balls-deep into min-maxing.
>>
>>44201195

Gib me Aboleth-stomping adventure, please.
>>
>>44201195
Planeswalkers > Mongolia Adventures > Mythic China Adventures > Sky Pirates > Steam Adventures > Underdark Adventures
>>
>>44201195
>Oriental Adventures Book when?
muh mysticism, muh weaaboo fantasies and kung-fu. No thanks.
>Arabian Nights Adventure Book when?
Fine, I guess
>Raiders of the Lost Ark Adventure Book when?
Okay, I might like this a lot if its all about murderhobos exploring temples and solving ancient apocalypse prophecies
>City of Steam and Magic Adventure Book when?
Want.
>Deep in the Underdark Adventure Book when?
No thanks.
>Planeswalkers Adventure Book when?
Only if the book features new playable outsider races
Isn't that just seven seas and inner sea gods? Or are you actually suggesting Atlantis/Lemuria exists in PF?
>>
>>44201296
>Or are you actually suggesting Atlantis/Lemuria exists in PF?

>He doesn't know about Azlant, the literal Atlantis of Golarion
>>
File: 1423944331739.png (49 KB, 159x194) Image search: [Google]
1423944331739.png
49 KB, 159x194
>>44201296
>likes steampunk

>dislikes asia, underdark and the deep ocean
>>
>Be me, an elderly wizard
>Horrible with people cause my nose is always in a book
>Total virgin, haven't even touched a girl since before puberty
>Finally learn the simulacrum spell, can't wait to create a total babe loyal to me
>Roll a 1 on disguise check with negative charisma modifier when casting the spell

I tell ya, good guys always finish last.
>>
>>44201195
>>Oriental Adventures Book when?
They'll never go back to Tian Xa so all we';ll have is half of an AP there.
>>Arabian Nights Adventure Book when?
Legacy of Fire happened.
>>Raiders of the Lost Ark Adventure Book when?
Mummy's Mask
>>City of Steam and Magic Adventure Book when?
I would love an AP in the Mana WasteAlkenstar
>>Deep in the Underdark Adventure Book when?
Sort of Second Darkness, but we could go to Orv and deal with Vault Builders.
>>Planeswalkers Adventure Book when?
Honestly, The Great Beyond is sort of bland, I'm not really interested.
>>Deep Sea Delvers Adventure Book when?
I would love to explore the ruins of Azlant.
>>
Are there any objections to the proposed revision and reorganization of the tier list in the OP?
>>
>>44201382
>good guys
>simulacrum for sex slave

Pick one.
>>
Can anyone explain Psychic Duels mechanic to me? Seems like it's a Save-or-Suck spells since your physical body can't move.
>>
>>44201426
I like it, myself. It's a lot better than people trying to argue about classes changing tiers. We can come to our own conclusions about what an upgrade means, and just note it as an upgrade.
>>
>>44201426
How long has it been up? If it is less than a day, than no. Give people a week or so to sort through it.
>>
What if Trox got a dedicated AP?
>>
>>44201195
>No Sky Pirates of the Western Winds Adventure Book
>No Vikings of the Winter Northlands Adventure Book
>No Return to Innsmouth or Mountains of Madness Adventure Book
>No Welcome to Wizarding Academy Adventure Book

total plebe
>>
>>44201426
Why isn't Paragon Surge Sorcerer on Tier 1?
>>
>>44201547
>Wanting an adventure book about wizards learning about magecraft in a wizard school

Absolutely why? Harry Potter is shit.

I'll give you points for the Sky Pirate thing, I guess.
>>
FAT AEON TATS
>>
>>44201582
Not anymore, really. They don't get to repick more than one spell in a given day, instead of having all the spells known each day.
>>
>>44201464
It's stupid.
>>
File: latest-1.png (40 KB, 600x313) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
40 KB, 600x313
>>44201653
>>
>>44201653

>tfw all the characters in your campaign are flat.
>>
>>44201195
Is there an African Savannah or Australian Outback adventure book, or would it result in having a million page bestiary of everything wanting to kill you?

Also, I'm not seeing any Cyberpunk Pathfinder Adventure Book despite the PFSRD having three or more webpages detailing technological weapons and equipment, Cybernetics, and even classes that revolve around technological weapons.
>>
>>44201482
But how do we know what counts as an upgrade and what doesn't?
>>
>>44201672
How is that any different than Oracle with Paragon Surge?
>>
>>44201764
>Australian Outback adventure book
>result in having a million page bestiary of everything wanting to kill you?

Sounds like fun.
>Rogue, I pick the lock on the chest
>DM: The chest is a mimic
>Ranger doing his best Steve Irwin impersonation: Look at the shiela! These species of mimics 'ave poisoned barbs all lined up neatly inside its ere mouth. These ere barbs are curved inwards, preventing the escape of its prey, like our rogue here is displaying for our audience at home...
>>
>>44201764
I think I've seen a few 3pp Cyberpunk settings...
>>
File: Steve Irwin Elf.png (150 KB, 1375x1022) Image search: [Google]
Steve Irwin Elf.png
150 KB, 1375x1022
>>44201880
>>44201764
Just give class levels, psionics, or maneuvers to plants, animals, and vermin.
>>
>>44201831
Also got nerfed.
>>
>>44201936
>I'm not seeing any Cyberpunk Pathfinder Adventure Book despite the PFSRD having three or more webpages detailing technological weapons and equipment, Cybernetics, and even classes that revolve around technological weapons.
Those things tend to come from the parts of Pathfinder that are "Aliens and Space Adventures!"

There hasn't been a cyberpunk adventure.
>>
>>44201880
I got a ranger in our group who does that. It got pretty unfunny really fast when his narration started giving our DM ideas, like fire-breathing monitor lizards, steel-tipped Minotaur bull horns and corrosive skinned rotted ents.
>>
>>44202057
I was talking about the Australian Outback part of that post.
>>
>>44201195
Toss your ideas over to Gareth or any of the DSP guys. Maybe we'll get something great from it.
>>
>>44202106
And I meant to quote the guy you were quoting >>44201764 and respond to him, not you. Whoops.

>>44202131
Gareth said they don't have the manpower or the ability to shoulder the risk associated with doing APs.
>>
Wasn't there a ritual in Book of the Damned for turning into a demon?
>>
>>44202156
Themed splatbooks aren't APs.
>>
>>44202178
Ah. I took "adventure book" to mean "adventure", not "themed splatbook".
>>
>>44200262
Be mai waifu pls
>>
>>44202164

Yes, there is. It takes like, 4 years or something of repeated rituals of increasing intensity.
>>
>>44202213

>Short, pudgy Half-Elf with comically large ears, terrible romantic habits and fat, floppy boobs

Your choice in waifus is terrible.
>>
>>44202164
>>44202220
It's on the PFSRD too, although I don't remember where.
>>
>>44202164
Yeah, it's in lords of chaos, p44-45. It's all about demonic supplication though, which is not really my thing. I'd want a ritual for turning into demons for yourself, not to greater some other demon's agenda. Less Gul'dan and more Illidan Yes I know he didn't succeed, but he tried to fight off the burning legion.
>>
>>44202239
When she dies, she turns into an Aeon; who have the added benefit of doing nothing wrong.
>>
File: Race822.jpg (24 KB, 700x528) Image search: [Google]
Race822.jpg
24 KB, 700x528
Guys, I'm currently working on a rework of the Holy Gun.

I had the idea that, instead of having a crappy deed that replaces Smite, how about several deeds that replace some of your mercies?

So Smiting Shot at 3rd level, changed to instead just be a 1 round Smite for 1 grit. At 9th level you get "A Knight Without Armor" which grants you your Smite deflection AC bonus as an immediate action for a number of rounds equal to Cha modifier, and you can prematurely end it to perform Smiting Shot for free. "Head the Calling Wind" at 12th level grants initiative bonus equal to Cha mod as long as you have a grit point. At 18th level you get "Humanoid Typhoon" which gives the Lightning Reload and Evasion deeds as also allows you to threaten all squares within 20ft.
I was unsure about replacing Amature Gunslinger with a full Grit pool or not, so I figured to ask you guys.

And yes, you still get you mercies at 6th and 15th level, though I'm not sure whether to keep them or remove them for other deeds.

Thoughts.
>>
File: 1392017549161.png (22 KB, 234x200) Image search: [Google]
1392017549161.png
22 KB, 234x200
>tfw you find a game that hits all of your buttons, but the starting time is non-negotiable and incompatible with your schedule

Tell me about the game that got away, anon.
>>
>>44200992
I had a pirate with a blackblade rapier. Its purpose was Piracy, which the GM was pretty nice about. Generally as long as I was pillaging, plundering or wenching it cooperated with me. Even stole a boat for it, which made the sword happy. It couldn't actually sail it, but it's the thought that counts.
>>
>>44202241
>>44202164

Found it.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon

Scroll down to Transformation Ritual
>>
>>44202260
>failing to mention that ~75% of her Aeon body will be swirling folds with a velvety texture, creating a hole that extends into dimensions of space we don't perceive
>>
File: 1404025019996.png (109 KB, 414x426) Image search: [Google]
1404025019996.png
109 KB, 414x426
>>44202321
>velvety extradimensional hole
>>
>>44202239
>he doesnt like big tits
gtfo
>>
>>44202357

There's a fine line between "big" and "medical curiosity."

Elsbeth crosses that line.
>>
File: 1336426725442.jpg (447 KB, 781x750) Image search: [Google]
1336426725442.jpg
447 KB, 781x750
>>44202239
>Short, pudgy Half-Elf with comically large ears, terrible romantic habits and fat, floppy boobs
>bad thing
>>
File: wdytwa.jpg (43 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
wdytwa.jpg
43 KB, 700x525
>>44202383
>normalfags
>>
File: 1402660132431[1].png (444 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1402660132431[1].png
444 KB, 800x1000
>>44202405
>Liking someone's bad-fanfic character better than awoo.
I just don't understand you people.
>>
>>44201195
I want a Damnation and Divinity Adventure Book ala Shin Megami Tensei
>>
File: 1447967421822.jpg (119 KB, 410x500) Image search: [Google]
1447967421822.jpg
119 KB, 410x500
>>44202453
>not only a normie but a furfag
>>
File: 1446856942307.png (52 KB, 310x370) Image search: [Google]
1446856942307.png
52 KB, 310x370
>>44202472

Kemonomimi are not furry, so sayeth the sages long since past.
>>
Nocticula is the best demon lord.
>>
>>44202502
>not Jubilex
>>
File: 1448253875993.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448253875993.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>44202502

But Nocticula is a LADY, silly!
>>
>>44202502
>not Pazuzu
>>
>>44202502
Today I learned Nocticula is actually a fallen empyreal lord.
>>
>>44202487
>>44202453

It's furbait for the non furry.
Someone who likes four ear genetic cosplay probably shouldn't complain about structurally unsound women.
>>
>>44202502

>Reminder that Arueshalae is 11 points away from having as much Charisma as Nocticula
>>
>>44202502
Nocticula is the Milani of the Demon Lords complete with an altogether pointless position in the lore and a contrary purpose for fan-service.
>Nocticula is the Demon Lord of Succubi
>But she's totally not that bad, she want to be good!

Nocticula is everything wrong with Succubutt without the good parts.

Best Queen of the Succubi is Malcanthet. She's a bad girl who embraces her role.
>>
File: 1449867280380.jpg (125 KB, 642x411) Image search: [Google]
1449867280380.jpg
125 KB, 642x411
>everyone reasonable quit Pathfinder for 5E
>everyone left is some kind of pedosexual furry otherkin who loves Touhou

I can honestly say I didn't see that coming.
>>
>>44202882
But that's just like one faggot, though.
>>
>>44202882
>Implying reasonable people ever played Pathfinder in the first place
>>
>>44202882
Hey my DM wants to switch back to PF.
>>
>>44202882
>meanwhile anon learned to shitpost and post stale meme images.
>>
>>44202882
Nah, that's just touhoufag.
>>
>>44202882
I would move over to 5E too if I can find a group in my area.
>>
So.. The closest I can get to Touhou in PF using only 1st-party materials is Sonic Thrust spells?
>>
>>44202978
Fireball, actually. You can dodge a fireball completely if you have evasion, so it's not a full, solid sphere. Imagining it as danmaku is a fairly easy leap of logic.
>>
>>44202831
>not giving her a +6 enhancement item and +5 inherent from Wishes
>doesn't fix the abysmal Wisdom, though
>>
>>44202882
>There are people who think 5e's drought of options and option-slots, and completely nongranular skills, and nonexistant guidelines for determining appropriate starting wealth for higher level starting characters, and drought of decent content in general is somehow superior to having tons of content and just ignoring the stuff hat is not good.

I really don't get this. I tried 5e, couldn't/can't see the appeal, and switched back. Pathfinder has its problems, but 5e's problems seem so much worse to me.
>>
>>44203051
>doesn't fix the abysmal Wisdom, though

She's a CR 15 encounter with a +14 Will Save.

Compare this to Shensen, a CR 12 encounter with a +3 Will Save.
>>
>>44203056

Having played both, I feel that 5e handles a number of things better, like feat design, doing away with the full-round action, backgrounds giving everyone a narrative power distinct from their class, and not making loot an EXP track rather than a reward.

I like bounded accuracy. It's not for everybody, but it does mean that lower-level threats stay relevant longer where after a while even dozens of low-CR enemies aren't much of a bother to an optimized party.

PF wins out in content, and it's the better system for a high-power game, but I like 5e being more grounded. Magic's still really strong, but it doesn't seem as much like the designers are going out of their way to give the wizard a handjob and pissing on the fighter.
>>
>>44202715
>>44202863
Where did you find that information? Thought she was a demon through and through, killing other demon lords and stealing their stuff. Doesn't scream good to me.
>>
If I'm an Half-Elf Sorcerer with Orc Bloodline, can I takes Half-Orc feats/traits? Technically, I have both Human and Orc subtype too.
>>
>>44203357
>Thought she was a demon through and through, killing other demon lords and stealing their stuff.

Nocticula has a focus in the NPC Gallery of... I want to say Book 4 of Wrath of the Righteous? It mentions Nocticula is surprisingly pleasant with mortal visitors, and is actually seeking a way to "ascend" to godhood as a CN Goddess of the Night.
>>
>>44203224
>5e handles a number of things better
Oh, sure it does.

>feat design
Yep
>doing away with the full-round action
Eh, I'd be okay with it as an exception (like summoning), but yes, stand still and full attack as the de-facto norm for anyone is not good.
>backgrounds giving everyone a narrative power distinct from their class
Sure. That's nice. It's not as good as Rolemaster's modular Race + Culture + Background (which IMO is the best Idea in that entire system), but nice.

>not making loot an EXP track rather than a reward.
I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, the WBL curve required in PF is too much. On the other, in 5e it's really hard to have any idea what is a reasonable amount of magic shit for a character of level (Whatever) to have.

>I like bounded accuracy.
Bounded accuracy I'm almost completely indifferent on, but I don't like advantage/disadvantage, and the lack of stacking modifiers. Sometimes you're in a better or worse position, and I want more granularity than good/neutral/bad.

>PF wins out in content
PF wins out on content, yes.

It also gives you more choices available. You have more feat slots, characters typically have access to a wider variety of class features in a given turn, etc. Whereas in 5e a cleric only gets a single domain, and featslots are an incredibly rare commodity (nevermind the fact that feat variety is also quite sparse).

And of course, I'm not a fan of yes/no skill proficiency, I want more granularity than that (though PF's 0-Level ranks in each skill goes too far in the other direction).
>>
>DM replaces Dodge with Agile Defense
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/tripod-machine/combat-feats---3rd-party---tripod-machine/agile-defense-combat

Good idea, or great idea?
>>
Quick question, can a cleric use pearls of power to recover spent domain spells?
>>
>>44203224
I like 20 being the hard cap for stats in 5E too. Prevents unmitigated faggotry.
>>
>>44203421

Well, they do give a rough outline in the DMG, subject to DM discretion.

It's not a perfect solution, but in some ways I prefer it to having to divvy up thousands of GP just to make a high level character who's effective.
>>
>>44203418

To which I'm curious if you could pull off a worshiper of Noctula in a way that wouldn't get you killed like worshiping most demons would.
>>
>>44203483
A domain spell does count as "any one spell", so yes.
>>
>>44203526
Actually, STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THAT TABLE.

It is so beyond inappropriate for anything EXCEPT "the party wakes up naked (minus what's listed here), cold and afraid at the bottom of a pit" campaign starts that I would have expected such quality out of Traveller 5 or FATAL. Not even out of pathfinder.

Even fairly below-average luck on encounters and treasures will net characters at least "High Magic" column in a low magic setting unless you deliberately go out of your way to fuck them out of every piece of treasure by flat out cheating the rolls.

>Oh (2 artifacts, three magic items and six thousand platinu....), well, looks like there was almost THREE HUNDRED copper pieces in this dragon's horde, and his prized item, A +1 DAGGER!
"Yay. our fifteenth +1 dagger. Thank you GM."
>>
>>44203526
I have a friend who reverse engineered 5e WBL based on the number of treasure parcels a character should have received at a given point.

It's rough work (he never finished it) but if someone wanted to take it as a starting point and beak it down in more detail, it would be a good start:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qqBbgb60kP4TtpFY2fjGl1nPpVyLf2gz5SSfWUYCi08/edit#gid=0
>>
>>44203636

>dragons
>low magic

Not what I picture a low magic campaign being. I would not use pf for low magic either.
>>
>>44203657
that thing demand we beg permission.
your public offering has failed in publicness
>>
File: 5285497861_5000916063_b.jpg (382 KB, 923x839) Image search: [Google]
5285497861_5000916063_b.jpg
382 KB, 923x839
>>44203660
It isn't, is it.
But that invariably happens. I was mostly talking about the numbers being fucked, there, but I've never been-in, sat-in-on, nor even heard of a fantasy setting using any sort of PF or D&D derivatives where "it's low magic" was anything other than a giant red flag of GM douchebaggery.

Short of playing The One Ring or the like, all it's ever shown itself to mean is "I'm going to fuck you guys out of every treasure or magic you guys are supposed to get, but only the ones YOU GUYS are supposed to get. Everyone else is snortin cocaine fireballs off the backs of wish dragons"

There are low magic settings, and there are plenty of campaigns that do this.

D&D/PF/etc are NEVER they.
>>
>>44203672
Weird. It says its set to public. Here, try this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qqBbgb60kP4TtpFY2fjGl1nPpVyLf2gz5SSfWUYCi08/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>44203746

I see what you mean now. I have done PF and DnD with low magic but all you really fight are humanoids and animals. Some magic beasts/abberations but then it starts to feel like CoC.
>>
>>44203746
How about a game where the setting is that magic has been sealed away by four temples, but magic is the force that keeps the world from eroding and so the PCs have to take on the role of "villains" to save the world?
>>
>starting playing pathfinder for the first time
>ask GM if I can play as a hermaphrodite for the lulz
>says it's fine since it's fetish, so long as my character hooks up with his kobold quest NPC
>I become determined to cockblock him by proxy
>end up making a sorcerer whose dick and balls are one of several deformities from having a fire elemental ancestor, along with deformed fingers and weird bone growths on her arm
>has a smoker's cough, as well as burns and scars on her face and fingers from poor magic control
>GM ends up saying it's one of the better character sheets he's read
I'm not sure whether to feel happy or disappointed.
>>
>>44203746
Sounds like you suck at D&D.

I've ran plenty of low magic D&D games. Dark Sun, Gamma World, Mystara (Hollow World obv), etc.
>>
>>44203797
You mean Golden Sun, where the party uses barrages of psionic and magic in every single fight, culminating in summoning gods for battle with such ease that they do this for the lulz against random mooks on the way to their destination?

What about it?
>>
>>44203811
Both. As well as ashamed, guilty, amused, disgusted, and even a little bit scared.

Your emotions right now should be a complex morass of conflicting urges.
>>
/pfg/, would you play in a game in the following setting?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHGz5r-b1do
>>
>>44203824
>The Hollow World was originally discovered by Ka the Preserver, an ancient Immortal who began life as a giant carnosaur, who after finding it, decided to use the inner surface of the world as a refuge and preserve for creatures that were on the verge of becoming extinct in the ever-changing outer world. This world is lit by an eternal red sun at the center of Mystara. There are four major continents and three major island groups. The existence of the Hollow World is not, in general, known to the inhabitants of the outer world.

>haracters from the surface world are severely limited by the magic used by the Immortals to preserve the stability of the various cultures. The requirements to learn magic are much higher in the Hollow World, and many spells are non-functional or unavailable. Several new player races are included: Beastmen, Brutemen, Kubbits, Krugel Orcs, and Malpheggi Lizardmen.

Holy shit, this sounds fucking bad ass.
>>
>>44203879
That's just Spelljammer, so yeah.
>>
>>44203418
The books that note stuff for it are Magnimar, WotR book 4, WotR book 6, and apparently the npc statted for WotR in AP #100, plus oddities in her statblock and the end-text spoiler at the conclusion of WotR.
>>
>>44203569
>I'm curious if you could pull off a worshiper of Noctula in a way that wouldn't get you killed like worshiping most demons would.

Of course you could! Nocticula is the patron of assassins and succubi (both literally and figuratively) and has cults in places rife with decadence.

The most reasonable way to portray a cultist of Nocticula is the short-sighted idiot. They're the type of person that joins a group because they had a chick with big tits out front handing out flyers, and eventually learned if they paid lip service once in a while, they have a chance to fuck that chick with big tits.

Even when they learn about the problems such a religion may bring, what with the damnation and likelihood of death, the cultist is always "confident" that "they're not up next" to get their soul sucked. It's a big risk but hey, Nocticula offers some big, bouncy rewards.

Another way to portray a reasonable cultist of Nocticula is your typical fuck-happy slut, only with none of that Calistrian charm or Shelynite modesty you'd find with other sex-charged worshipers. This is a person that just likes to have sex, and if their partner dies from a bit of bloodplay, whoops!
>>
>>44203569
Her main cult seems to destroy anybody who worships her that way. She, however, goes out of her way to provide them with spells.

And, you know. The whole thing with her helping stop the world wound, working against Deskari and such, and focusing all her attention on killing demon lords and denying their essence to the Abyss.
>>
>>44203824
>Dark Sun
>What is Psionics
>What is Sorcerer Kings
>What is Dragons

Gamma World
>Oh hi, cybermutants and psychic lobster man, this is "I rolled a pyrokinetic whore", your new partymember. She brings gifts of vulcan cannons and psi-weapons. Play nice okay?

Mystara
>What are mass curses
>What is a very notable thing about the poles being that trecking through them into the inner world requires braving the strange and abnormal situation of an antimagic field... But once you're THROUGH said poles into the 'other world'....
>What are wizards, a sun at the center of the planet that's also a god museum

Seriously. Gamma World?
You used Gamma World as an example?
>What are lycanthropes and magical beasts
>>
>>44203960
You forgot preservers, defilers, templars, elemental clerics, druids and psychic bug people.
>>
>>44203897
>>44203879

Spelljammer? Aww yiss.
>>
So it says that composite bows/longbows incur a penalty when you are below its str rating. But what about when your str bonus is higher than its rating? Do you still apply the closest appropriate str bonus?
>>
>>44204076
You're locked at that maximum.

Basically if you've got a STR+4 composite (speaking of, that's so historically fucked up and the fact that there's no crossbo.... but I digress) and you have +6 strength now, well, your bow still only nets you +4 to damage from your stat.
>>
>>44203851
I don't know what to feel in particular, but I'm not going to feel bad, at least.
>>
>>44204113
>(speaking of, that's so historically fucked up and the fact that there's no crossbo.... but I digress)
Wrote up something a few days back for that exact problem, if you don't mind a bit of homebrew. It basically changes the way crossbows work entirely, though.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eFs3zDCRZcOPbIe0zVXqm_NbDrqcFzjd4kdTe-QU86A/edit
>>
>>44203418
Huh. Thank you, anon. Haven't had a chance to go through WotR yet, though I had heard she killed 5 other demon lords, so I figured she was enjoying herself, not trying to be less-evil. Abyss's a fucked up place if that kind of thing makes one more good.
>>
>>44204113
That doesnt seem so bad for a backup weapon. Can I upgrade an existing bow's strength rating, a +2 <magical upgrade> composite longbow for example, to a higher str rating or do I have to buy a brand new bow?
>>
>>44204147
before I click, lemme mention that if you want good crossbow options, GURPS has them right down to type of loading mechanism, and does this through "strength it can give you vs strength you have".

A crossbow of your strength or less can be hand-pulled with ease, no worse than a bow. If you want something with literally triple your strength though (it'll take a minute, but OH that fucking opening shot) you're gonna need a winch.
>>
>>44204175
... what you do is at level 1 you forget all about having a composite longbow more than +1. saveyer money.

then you get a +1 Adaptive bow, and forever stop worrying (adaptive ONLY works on bows, of course, because FUCK ANYONE WHO LIKES CROSSBOWS - paizo) because it'll auto-adjust to your strength forever from now on.

It won't even eat up a +x
>>
>>44200210
Luchador
>>
>>44204175
You can't upgrade existing bow rating. It's fixed at its creation. But you can put adaptive enhancement on it for 1000gp.
>>
>>44204151

>five more

She's killed dozens, last I checked.
>>
>>44203910
There's an NPC in Shattered Star too that thinks Nocticula is a fallen Empyreal Lord seeking redemption. Pretty sure most other people think she's crazy, though. She asks you to bring her some relics like Nocticula's unholy symbol and stuff.
>>
>>44204196
Most class can't even afford +1 composite longbow at level 1. 200gp for a weapon? You better off buying a combat trained Bison at 75gp. 2d6+12 damage > +1 damage.
>>
>>44202271
I would like to bump this for critique.
>>
>>44204196
One of these day, some companion book writer is going to write a feat that let you treat crossbow like a bow and fix Paizo's mistake.

I saluted whoever wrote Slingslip style for Weaponmaster's Handbook.
>>
>>44204261
>>44204214
>>44204196
That makes a lot of sense, I guess I'll even skimp even further and just get a plain bow.
>>
>>44204175
Take sling as a back up weapon. It's free, use your STR for damage, different damage type and you don't even have to carry sling bullet with you (although you should).
>>
Would you consider a "Clumsy" condition that makes all move, standard or full round actions provoke attacks of opportunity (only one per action, so if it already provokes no bonus attack) a well designed condition?
>>
>>44202472
>Normies
>Furries
Pick one senpai
>>
>>44204464

Anon, you just made me realize a "can only cast while drunk" curse for the Oracle would be pretty damn cool.
>>
>>44204519
>Drunk magic
This seems like a recipe for disaster. I approve.
>>
>>44204519
tell me what you brew up, if anything
>>
>>44204196
I thought it does use up one of the +s for the total 10 points you can put into a magical weapon, it just uses a flat gold cost as opposed to the scaling cost of various pluses. It's on a table showing how many pluses the ability takes up, after all, even if the default stat block does not say so.
>>
>>44204246
Looks like I need to RTFModule. Thanks anon, appreciate the info!
>>
>>44204839
I don't think those flat value ones even take up a +, do they? It's just 'spend the cash, you can slap this one on too'
>>
>>44204519
IIRC, there is a 3pp Wine Mystery for Oracles, or something like that. It's on the SRD.
>>
>>44202831
That's a pretty huge gap, thematically. Like the difference between 10 and 16 is the difference between your typical normie and a cult of personality kind of person.

That said, PCs can get more Charisma than Nocticula.
>>
>>44204887
That is what I initially thought. My copy of Ultimate Equipment, page 139, table 3-10 shows the Adaptive enchantment the other anon was talking about does cost 1,000 gold, but it is listed in the +1 bonus table, however.
>>
>>44204899
>>44204519
Found it
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/mysteries/kobold-press---oracle-mysteries/wine
>>
>>44204956
Yeah, but what about all the other ones? The SRD just lists them as a flat amount, not costing a specific value of bonus.
>>
>>44204998
>>44204887
in the 3.5 days it was commonly accepted (or at least accepted by the item guides) that non-"+X bonus" enhancements were unlimited
>>
>>44205027
Up to a limit of 200k item price, anything above that was considered an epic level item.
>>
>>44204956
I think these are the rules for flat bonuses. It costs a flat 1000 gp to add to the weapon and it isn't included when you're calculating overall enhancement level for upgrading (so a +1 Glamered weapon is only a +1 when calculating how much it would cost to make it a +2).

However, when you're calculating things like saves for the weapon, hardness, HP, and things of that nature those enchantments are included in the calculations at their level.
>>
>>44205037
oh really? neat.
>>
>>44204998
There's a few others that do that, though they are the exception rather than the rule. Frankly, with them being listed as "+1,000 gold" or the like, I wonder if they're more costly than a typical plus would be, as in the standard price plus 1,000 gold.

>>44205027
Unfortunately for Pathfinder, there seems to be a limit: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons

Third paragraph, "A single weapon cannot have a modified bonus (enhancement bonus plus special ability bonus equivalents, including those from character abilities and spells) higher than +10."
>>
>>44205047
That seems sensible, thank you!
>>
>>44201486

Since the Paizo tier list is mostly unchanged, I was mostly wondering whether or not anyone contested the Dreamscarred Press tier list, the Spheres of Power tier list, or the miscellaneous third-party tier list.
>>
>>44205079
>higher than +10."
>Heart Piercing is a +5
So either Gae Bolf is only a +4 Returning Heart Piercong Spear, or Cu just had Ricochet Weapon and its a +5 Heart Piercing Spear

Actually, how would one stat the Hound of Ulster? How much Caster would he be compared to Martial?
>>
>>44205148
Why not just make him a Magus? Plus remember that the limit only applies to mortal-made weapons, you could have a +5 Calling/Returning Heart-Piercing Spear as an artifact weapon surpassing the +10 limit.
>>
>>44205148
Probably just has a cleric cast magic weapon or greater or whatever on it.
>>
>>44205181
>Why not just make him a Magus?
Then how does he do the Warp Spasm?
I was actually thinking he could be a Bloodrager, since considering his kill count from just tearing people apart with his bare hands, his Warp Spasm, and his skill at Runes (could be done by Sphere Bloodrager with the skilled Casting drawback and the craft calligraphy skill)
Unless of course there is a DSP class which would serve better.
>>
I'm starting up a new game and one of my players has recently discovered a love and obsession with rodents that he wants to incorporate into his character. I could make it work with a Druid, but he wants to play a Cleric that's able to channel positive energy - which rules out Lao Shu Po. Are there any third-party deities that may fill this niche?
>>
>>44205278
Mystic, but you would have to convert the Inscribe Rune feat from Forgotten Realms 3rd edition and swap one of the disciplines for Primal Fury.
>>
>>44205370
Don't need to be a Cleric or a Druid. Witch with the Hex Channeler archetype and a rat familiar
>>
>>44205278
The Animus Adept PrC has a good amount of Martial Glyphs, which could be refluffed as runes.
Mystic has an easy entry into it, or Warlord, who has enough bonus feats to be able to take the tax.
>>
>>44205370
Just do a homebrew of Mahakala/Dakokuten - domains would probably be something like Luck, Community, Good, and Artifice? He's associated with mice/rats.
>>
>>44205449
*Daikokuten
>>
Any advice on making a crit fishing build? Would Divine Commander Warpriest dual-wielding Kukri work best? Not being able to grant Outflank to allies until level 12 is kinda bad though.
>>
>>44205632
It absolutely would work, but yeah, Outflank is awesome and it hurts to wait, though if you can spare a feat you can use your 7th level feat for it.

The classes that can crit fish the best are arguably the Kensai Magus, Paladin, Swashbuckler, and Cavalier. Notaby with Cavalier and Paladin, their Smite/Challenge crits with the crit, and a cocatrice cavalier with a x4 weapon can pile on the crits with the outflank feat.

Another interesting Contender is a Bolt Ace Gunslinger, who, with Aspect of the Falcon or Falcon Wing Bracers, can get a 17-20 4x Crossbow that fires out to 100+ yards. You don't need more than 5 levels of it as well.
>>
>>44205681
I thought Tactician Ability only let you share bonus feat you gain from it, and not any other teamwork feat you possesses?
>>
>>44205681
>>44205632
The obvious stuff is an 18-20 weapon(or a crossbow in the case of a bolt ace), improved critical or keen, and something akin to outflank, but I'm sure you know all this already.

You want a class that has a raw bonus to damage from some source that crits when their weapon crits, like a Magus' spells, a Cavalier's Challenge, Dervish Bard or a Paladins smite. Stuff like Bane and Sneak Attack are nice, but crits don't do much for them. You want as many attacks as possible, so two weapon fighting is a good option, but not necessary.

An interesting build that plays off of the TWF build is the Sword and Board build. Why? Well, Bashing Finish. Every time you crit with one weapon you bash with your shield. You'll want a light weapon with an 18-20 range(like a kukri or wakisashi) and a heavy shield. Requires a ton of feats to do, so most classes can't do it easy, but the feat requires level 11 anyhow.
>>
>>44205719
Hmm. Good point. I always figured you could take as many teamwork feats as you wanted and share them. That's was weaker than I thought it was, but my DMs and I would let it work anyway.

In that case, yeah, you'll have to wait. Or have your whole party take it.
>>
>>44205719
That's true until they get Master Tactician at 17th.

>>44205681
I personally like a Cavalier with the Chevalier PrC. You can only do it once a day, but a Full-power Smite and near-full-power Challenge are tasty things.

Ronin/Knight Errant is a great order for it too, since you can force a crit threat once a day

Order of the Warrior can do so as well, and I think maximizes that attack, but Ronin treats the roll as a natural 20, so you can potentially trigger Vorpal off it.
>>
>>44205681
Apparently stacking doesn't work that way. Bolt Ace is pure trash now.

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fn#v5748eaic9u3g
>>
>>44205770
the game is a mess because that's listed under spells instead of core game mechanics
>>
>>44205722
I could drop TWF and focusing on combat reflex/outflank/paired opportunist combo for more attacks.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.