[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Golem Quest #6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: Gabe Stats.jpg (134 KB, 1111x459) Image search: [Google]
Gabe Stats.jpg
134 KB, 1111x459
Previous threads
Thread - 1 >>43993297
Thread - 2 >>44027999
Thread - 3 >>44075257
Thread - 4 >>44092125
Thread - 5 >>44119154

Date: 200 ABO, Year of the Shield, October 17th
Location: Imperial Capitol City of Letherdorn, Palace District

After landing in Letherdorn, you were greeted by the Royal Guard. The took you and Holly directly from the Zeppelin to the Imperial Palace. Apparently the Fylkir wants to meet with you. In privet.
The tale of you causing the Telvish retreat has spread like wild fire. Holly, sadly, is not brought with you, but she tells you that she is going to track down her parents and have a messenger find you. She gave you a kiss on the cheek before departing.
Before her leaving, your noticed something strange, on her chest, between her breasts, there was a strange green glow. You are not sure how you might investigate this.
That aside
The Imperial Palace is every bit as massive as it looks. You are currently in some sort of meeting you, which has a chair built specially for you. You sit in it, waiting. On the table in front of you is a small black book with an 'F' on it, a bottle of extremely fancy wine, with two glasses, and a large throne like chair. At the doorway, two high ranking Royal Guards stand. You can feel their eyes on you. They are armed with strange glowing weapons, made of a materiel you cannot identify.
They appear to be lax, but the moment the door opens the stand at attention. A young man walks in, with messy grey hair, an eye patch, tanned skin, and a mechanical arm. His pointed ears stick out of his hair. He has a dead pan serious expression on his face. He motions for the guards to leave, and they do so without question.
He sits at the chair across from you, and takes the little black book, opening it, he writes something down.

cont.
>>
"Gabriel." His voice is deeper than one of his age should be. "The savior of Kelvin. The ultimate war machine, they say." He taps his pen. "I have to say, you are quite the sight." He nods. "Why exactly did you chose to defend Kelvin? You could have just as easily done nothing. You had no stake in the cities fate... Or did you?"

Well, what do you say to the God King of the Imperium?

(pictured is the Royal Guard)
>>
>>44143092
Tell him to wash his fucking hair. Greasy hair is unacceptable
>>
>>44143092
"They were in need, and they were not the aggressor. It felt like the right thing to do, to defend the weak from the strong. The age of conquerors should be long gone, but this sadly doesn't seem to be the case. May I ask the next question? Why did you wish to see me personally?"
>>
>>44143180
This.
Then go on about Holly and how there was "not much else to do, aside from slaughter and maim."
>>
>>44143319
>not "rip and tear"
At least try
>>
>>44143180
No
Disrespectful shitheads.
>>
>>44143180
His hair is very clear, but unkempt.

>>44143232
"They were in need, and they were not the aggressor. It felt like the right thing to do, to defend the weak from the strong. The age of conquerors should be long gone, but this sadly doesn't seem to be the case." You say, the causes the Fylkir to raise an eye brow "May I ask the next question? Why did you wish to see me personally?" The Fylkir chuckles.
"That is a very good answer, and avery good question." He says penning your words. "Normally, I wouldn't have a personal meeting with whom ever gave the Telvish a good thrashing, but for the past 200 years, the people who did it were not seven and a half foot tall Golem that cuts through their lines like a scolding knife through butter." He pours two glasses of wine. Now would be a great time to test out those new taste buds. "So, my turn to ask a question." He says in a slightly more serious tone. "Are their more of you?" He takes a sip. You shrug, as you do not know the fate of your brothers. "Would you be willing to volunteer for an examination by the Master Smith?"
>>
>>44143498
>"While I do not get the sense my volunteering requires my consent, I will do it. I'm curious about my composition as well."
>>
>>44143498
"That depends on the extent of the examination, the purpose of it, and what I might get in return. Upgrades are always welcome, though simply sharing what you learn is also good. There is much about myself I don't know."
>>
>>44143498
If it will help to end the war sooner than yes. We could also make some mean dough off of this
>>
this could potentially be a very big decision and could very well lock us in.
>>
>>44143571
>>44143572
>>44143588

"While I do not great the sense my volunteering requires my consent-" The Fylkir cuts you off.
"No." He says. "I understand you are a stranger in a strange land, but please know this, Gabriel, I am a just man. I would never force you, nor anyone that is unwilling, to under go examination." He sighs. "We are not as the Underkin were." He says, continuing his penning. You shift in your chair.

"Well..." You say. "That depends on the extent of the examination, the purpose of it, and what I get in return. Upgrades are always welcome, though simply sharing what you learn is also good. There is much about my self I do not know." The Fylkir smiles and nods.
"The Underkin did not makes fools, and for that, I am thankful." He offers you a glass of wine. "The Master Smith is... well, a master of all related to forge related. As the name implies. He has worked hands on with all of the Underkin relics that have been unearthed over the years, as have all of his predecessors. I have no doubt that he could learn your inner workings with out damaging you." He turns the page in his book, and begins drawing something. "In return, you will be given what ever you want. I am the Fylkir, and will gladly abuse my power to award you!" He laughs. "I kid, I kid. But in all seriousness, name it and I shall find it."
>>
>>44143828
inform him that the smith may also want to examine our companion
>>
>>44143828
>>44143861
This, and...
Ask for the most up to date, useful upgrades to our body.

Should probably tell him about the secret dwelling we built at the farm in case the line break caused the enemy to find and use it as a forward base of some kind. A hidden area like that is useful for war, I imagine.
>>
>>44143956
Fuck, and i forgot to add
Ask for unrestricted library access. There's a shitton we want to learn.
>>
>>44143828
Ask to be examined for magic aptitude. Ask for enchanted healing items if you aren't.
>>
File: stolen art.jpg (584 KB, 900x1749) Image search: [Google]
stolen art.jpg
584 KB, 900x1749
>>44143861
>>44143956
>>44143975

"My friend I came to the city with..." You start. But the Fylkir cuts you off. Again.
"Holly Narth." He says, "Shes being interviewed by my wife." He says. "When Line is resorted, we want to find use her farm as a base of operations to search for Underkin ruins." He waves his hand. "But that is beside the point, what about her?" He drawing is taking the form of a Golem.
"The Master Smith should examine her." You say politely. The Fylkir gives you a strange looks. "Its a long story." You say with a laugh. He shrugs.
"Alright." He nods.
"Also, on the Narth Ranch, before we were driven away, I was building an underground lair. It comes to mind that the Telvish might use it as a base of operations." The Fylkir nods.
"Noted." He turns the page back and writes your words down, then changes back and continues drawing. "The Battalion we sent will be informed." He sighs.
"Also." You say. "There are two things I'd like, that I can think of off the top of my head. The first being, the most up to date and useful upgrades to my body, and the second being access to this Palace Library."
"Consider it done. You shall have the finest my smiths produce." He clicks his pen. "On that note, our time is at an end. I have my children that need tending to." He finishes his drawing, and stands up. "The guards will take you to the Master Smith." He looks down at the picture he has drawn and taps his pen on his head. "I wonder if we could put wings on them..." he mutters. "Right, well, its been lovely meeting with you Gabriel." He sees him self out and tells the Royal Guards something, and then they come back in. You stand up and fallow them. You stop at a room, which is identical to the one you were in, where Holly steps out.
"Gabriel!" She says. "I met the Faykir!" She says excitedly. "She was so beautiful! She asked me all about my life and -" She pants. "Oh man, my parents are never going to believe this."

cont
>>
File: Imperial Forge.jpg (175 KB, 1024x705) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Forge.jpg
175 KB, 1024x705
>>44144589
She looks up at you. "And we are going to go meet the Master Smith! THE Master Smith! Can you even believe that!?" You tilt you head a little bit and she laughs. "I forget my self. I'll explain later." With that, the two of your are led to an elevator, where it takes your several stories down, to a forge, where you given the sight of the most beautiful forge you have ever seen. (pictured)
At the anvil, a burly man stands, hammering away on a an ax. He looks up at you, and sighs. "Ay. Golem." He sets his hammer aside. "Isaac - er, Lord Calorus, told me you'd be coming." He looks you over. "Suppose to examine you n ur friend here." You nod, as does Holly. "Welp... Gotta say, more interested in you, Golem than I am in the elf." Holly laughs.
"I'd be a bit worried if the Master Smith was more focused on me than the Golem." The Smith wipes the sweat from his brow.
"Lets get to work then." The Master Smith asks you to stand next to his forge, and you do so.
For nearly six hours, the spends looking over you, and documenting every thing he sees and finds. He does things to your Soul Stone that you didn't even know where possible. He opens it, he makes it change shape, spin, shrink, and grow and even change color all by it self. He is beyond fascinated. He doesn't say much to you while doing so, beyond, 'turn around, raise your arm' ext.
Holly all the while watches, fascinated by what the Smith is saying.
When he is finished, the Smith has made a very long report about your body and its make up. He tells you that he will pass it along to you when he has a chance to double check is writings and translate it into a more legible font. Apparently he has very sloppy hand writing.
With that, be examines Holly. Or her new stomach rather. He happens to know quite a bit about 'Flesh Stone' as its called. Apparently you gave her some of your 'Flesh Stone' as it is a base of your being. It was just a small amount of it, however, so it did not compromise your body.
>>
File: cthulhu-family-portrait.jpg (185 KB, 480x585) Image search: [Google]
cthulhu-family-portrait.jpg
185 KB, 480x585
I'm sorry for taking such a long time on that, I wanted to find a good picture for a forge, and this was the best I could come up with.
Please take this picture as an apology.
>>
>>44145447
No worries OP. The pictures look great btw
>>
>>44145412
"Have you heard anything about what might be my brothers? Seen any golems other than me at all?"

Ask if he will be personally handling the upgrades too.

Might as well tell him where we woke up, too. And the name of our creator.
>>
>>44145412
>"Master Smith, you seem to know a lot about golems; do you perhaps know anything of my creator, Aida Silvercog?"
>>
ask if she is going to need any help maintaining her new bitz
also now would be the time to note the green glow thing.
>>
File: Master Smith.png (236 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Master Smith.png
236 KB, 640x640
>>44145463
I google very specific things

>>44145487
>>44145515
>>44145522

"Will Holly need any sort of... urm... maintenance?" You ask. The Smith shakes his head. "Nah." He says flatly.
"What about the glowing?" You point to new glow emitting from her chest. The Smiths looks at it, and Holly covers her self.
"Hey!" She says, embarrassed. "I'll do my own examination on my own time with that!" She yells at the Smith. He shrugs.
"Keep ur pants on, lass, I aint no pervert." He writes some more things in his notes.
"Right then..." You say. "Before we go, might I ask, since you seem to know so much about Golems, have you ever heard of my creator, Leucilla Slivercog?" The Smith looks up at you, and rubs his chin.
"Ya know... that name sounds familiar." He ponders. "Can I get back to you on that?" He says. "Lemme look some stuff up, write a few letters." You nod, hoping he will have some answer for you later.

I think on that note, it is 3 in the morning and I need to sleep. Shall we continue on them marrow, my anons?
>>
>>44145735
Dang that was a short one
Hopefully we can start earlier tomorrow
>>
Very well. Good night OP. Thanks for running!
>>
>>44145735
>east coast
>>
I wonder why he gave us a weird look when we called this the age of conquerors.

I hope he isn't one himself.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.