[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekend Quest Discussion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: 001.png (50 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
001.png
50 KB, 250x250
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QMs.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as 'make a board for quests'.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/pV7sdNnv
This link contains numerous writing guides, as well as the addresses of quest related IRC channels.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QMs. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you aren't on the list, post your twitter here and someone will make sure it gets added eventually.

>QM Question:
What quest premise have you always wanted to run but your fanbase would never enjoy?

>Player Question:
What quest premise have you always wanted to play but your questmaster would never enjoy?

>Bonus Question:
How can one successfully incorporate invented languages into a quest?
>>
>>44001026
First for holy shit how is vox even alive. As someone who wakes up at 7:30am and goes to bed at 2-3 am, people think I'm crazy, and vox sleeps less than even that. How is he not insane or dead?
>>
Second for reformed friends.
>>
>>44001026
>What quest premise have you always wanted to run but your fanbase would never enjoy?
A Paladin quest in a Grimdark setting.

Think Berserk-universe, but instead of a black swordsman, you're a do-gooder Paladin. Will never happen.
>>
>http://anonkun.com/stories/seraph-the-calling/-J4UxbTNFGH9j9l0yvrn
Fourth for what the fuck I forgot Angelic even existed.
>>
>>44001155
He's got about 9 more hours of running his quest until he beat's Riz's record.

Has anyone managed to QM for over 24 consecutive hours yet?
>>
>>44001323
I know 2 QM's challenged each other to a 48 hour session. No idea who won and how long it went on for.
>>
>>44001026
>QM
Roadside Picnic Quest. You're a stalker, sneaking past the UN cordone to risk your life stealing artifacts for profit. The MC would be a rookie, driven to stalking after he lost his job and years of unsteady employment. They'd have a mentor who was old and experienced, but starting to feel the effects of age.

There wouldn't really be any constant enemies. It wouldn't be an action packed quest. It would be fairly slow paced and contemplative, with most time spent outside of the zone. Threats would be things like arrest by government agents or getting shot by UN sentries, but the real main risk would be blundering into some anomaly and having the bones in your leg dissolve, or getting crushed by a sudden increase in the force of gravity.
>>
>>44001026

I was considering running an "Everything is On Fire" One shot quest where you play as either a wizard, a chemist, a caveman, or as a crew member of a space station where, big suprise, everything is on fire! The scenerio varies depending on these but it'd be interesting to mess around with horrific deaths and on the go plot making, I've already got it pretty good. The fourth one is pretty much standard ss13, where the AI goes rogue and floods the station with plasma, and you get to witness gibbering borgs with there souless red glowing eyes dragging crew members into fire shrieking about the purging party. My primary concern is that this plot would be less enjoyed than one on the other three, granted its irrelavent with a one shot.
>>
>>44001702
Don't forget the drama that can come from bringing clients to and from the Zone. Especially if they have secret agendas/turn hostile/etc.

I imagine a cool scenario would by you're in the Zone for whatever reason and suddenly a person is standing a couple of yards off calling for help and waving you down.

An entire game could spin off of that.
>>
>>44001829
How about something where you're a bunch of computer-people (like Tron or Reboot) and you're aware of the outside world and can even interact with it to a limited degree by moving robot arms and lab equipment and such things. These "access points" appear as towers or temples inside the computer.

A fire just broke out in the computer room. Your creator is on the ground having a heart attack. Everyone inside the computer is panicking. You have to save the day.

What do you think thread?
>>
>>44001026
>>Bonus Question:
>How can one successfully incorporate invented languages into a quest?

Easiest and most fun way is to make sure that they are only using nouns and sparingly at that. You avoid having to worry about grammar and language construction. If you don't have internal rules for whatever language you're building or have a model to help you, its going to sound fake.

I've read up on Tolkien's elvish, and since he was an actual linguist the language is pretty cohesive.

It's a fun way to add context to regular conversation. I played a game where the orcs called humans "kwarsan", pink skin. The humans take great offence to this so when you pretend to be one of their slaves and let slip the word it gets you involved in combat. The connotations allow for snappier insults or phrases would sound clunky if said in one go.

Followup Question-
Favorite words you know from an invented language?
>>
>>44001026
>QM Question:
I normally run the setting that I want, but there's a modern setting that I made that I've always wanted to run for a short quest.

You'd play a young talented detective from an urban city in what's basically Not-China. It would start with you getting assigned to high profile case of the disappearance of a prominent government figure's son. Soon, you'd find out that there's quite a bit more to it than just a simple kid missing, a lot more.

Other than the extensive logical reasoning and attention to details that would have to be employed, the main reason why I choose not to run it is because it's a oppressively dark setting once the initial layers come off. Not that I'm personally averse to that sort of thing, but it might be too much for others.
>>
>>44002018
>Favorite words you know from an invented language?

I like "cindu" and "lindi" from Lojban. Respectively, they mean "oak" and "lightning".
>>
>YFW you will never see Sancho Panza Quest become a reality
>>
File: fulll.jpg (687 KB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
fulll.jpg
687 KB, 2500x2500
>>44001026
i have a small but great player base in the first place (I will talk about that in details below). The current premise of my second quest is slightly unorthodox and strange, since it is essentially a donut steel instead of an established universe it won't please everyone. It is weird and absurd.

sorry for the incoming blog shit but i would like to hear your about the following:

My original name was and still Snow, I once wrote a fallout quest and then rehashed it, The remake is alright...we are at the start of the 27th thread. I am happy with my players and i can't blame lack of numbers due to my shit timing and poor quality. That is not the point.

Recently, i have been working on a side project. This Livendagen quest, like i said before, it is an original idea (I think?) with lots of Mindfucks. I even started to draw some illustrating images like this one for it since imagination alone won't suffice. So far, I and the players who participated loved it. It is a refreshing experience to say the least.

Running two threads is never a good idea. I am aware of that hence I came here asking for an advice. Should i create a new twitter for the other thread? Should i just ditch the new one or what?

Your opinion is greatly appreciated. Sorry for the wall of texts.
>>
>>44002018
Recently been playing Vermintide
The dwarf always inserts dwarven words into his banter. You learn what they mean from the loading screens. I know all the words he says bc I play so often.

Drengbarazi- Oathbound Slayer, Comrades
Dawri- Non-dwarven companions
Thaggoraki- Skaven(ratmen)
>>
>>44002121
Sancho Panza Quest?
>>
>>44002180
>Livendagen quest
This is the original content this boring-ass board desperately needs. Thank you so much for running it!
>>
>>44002018
>Followup Question

Would Elbereth count? I wouldn't have gotten far in Nethack without best Valar protecting me with her name.

If not then I always found it sort of cute humanity is called Ollog in Enochian.
>>
>>44001887
I'd actually have to watch Tron to understand that, although there is a game I've played where you can both summon and set the server that the game is hosted on on fire with horrific ramifications (space itself and everything in it catching fire, the server putting an error block up, and next round being in the void (the warp with slightly less demon rape.)
>>
>>44002216
Someone posted a blurb about being a Master in the Holy Grail War and Summoning Don Quixote as your Berserker. Came with a Servant Statsheet as well.
>>
>>44001399
Damn that's hard
>>
>>44002220
thank you anon.

Still, I don't know what to do.
>>
>>44002367
About the game or about running two games at once?
>>
>>44002018
I actually like the Orc curses from Shadow of Mordor. Admittedly, I don't actually know what Tark means.
>>
>>44002386
running two at once.
>>
>>44002411
I'd say have it all on one twitter.
>>
>>44002018
The Drell Language from Mass Effect is pleasing to my ears. I particularly like tu-fira, and how it conveys a concept that doesn't have a singular word in English.
>>
File: 1337752911280.png (2 KB, 243x181) Image search: [Google]
1337752911280.png
2 KB, 243x181
>>44002180
>Running two quests is never a good idea
I'm about to make a terrible mistake. I wanted to do it so I could provide backstory for one another, have jokes, jabs, and mindfucks. Am I a bit over my head?
>>
>>44002389
I wished that the game didn't freak out on me on my new computer, I finished the main story and wanted to keep going around meeting new orc chieftains but to no avail :(

I wish tolkien had written more black speech, im sure metal bands would have used it endlessly
>>
>>44002579
Worst mistake of your life...which ones are they?
>>
>>44002688
One is not running yet. I wanted to wait to introduce a character or two who had ties to the new quest.
>>
File: Cover.png (107 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Cover.png
107 KB, 1024x1024
>>44002450
how about balancing between the two quests?

On one hand, The fallout quest is obviously way up ahead like i said before. But since this is an established universe, i am slightly restricted when it comes to expanding. Players also must know about the fallout universe to participate.

On the other hand, Livendagen Quest is an original idea where i can freely expand wherever i like. Without an established universe, It is more welcoming to new players. Also, since it is new, it is relatively easy to catch up with.
I am thinking about alternating between them, i will dedicate a week for each thread. I would rather not ditch one for the other since both are promising, i think.

>>44002579
don't do it anon, i only made the second quest because this idea was nagging on my head for weeks and weeks.
>>
>>44002792
>>
>RE: Kobold is coming back

Huh... Arcadian when?
>>
>>44002628
Yeah, I'm honestly surprised at how much fun it was.

Apparently the Lord of the Hunt DLC was also pretty awesome but I never got around to playing it.
>>
File: Gretchen_Cries.jpg (160 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
Gretchen_Cries.jpg
160 KB, 566x800
REMOVE KYUBEY FROM THE PREMISES

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/legend-of-the-illuminatist-madoka-the-revolutionary-human-incubator-war-quest-pmmm.22145/
>>
File: 1441392164538.jpg (94 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1441392164538.jpg
94 KB, 640x480
Eclipsed Moon Quest Episode 113 is up and live.

>>44003175
>>44003175
>>44003175
>>44003175
>>
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up!
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/21-battle-of-battles/vuzv4Zdq83LyhoZYv
>>
>>44003654
>>
Question for everyone:

What to you makes a compelling MC/NPC in a quest?
>>
>>44004381
Same as books or movies. Make an actual person thats 3 dimensional.
>>
>>44004381
Being a cute girl
>>
>>44004381

Pretty much this >>44004436

They need details filled. Background, skills, hobbies, hopes, dreams, secrets, a Personality. They need to be "real"

Really only applies for human and near-human characters though as non-humans can have whatever.
>>
>>44004454
cute trap is fine too
>>
>>44004381
A personality that is interesting to interact with or watch. Boring dishrags, cardboard cutouts and characters who are just not entertaining are dull to read about.
>>
Going to be a slight delay in start of the quest today but should have it up in about an hour or so
>>
>>44004783
God dammit Jyoti, just as I was going to sleep

KEEELP
>>
File: 52713124_p23.jpg (129 KB, 973x837) Image search: [Google]
52713124_p23.jpg
129 KB, 973x837
I'm going to do it! I'm going to start a quest! I'm really going to start one in February ;_;
>>
Is the future QM for Reformed Fiend here?
>>
>>44004381
>Chiaki went from cardboard cutout to fleshed out character that NPCs still treated like a cardboard cutout to a memeridden husk that NPCs now treat like a fleshed out character
What was the exact point it went all wrong?
>>
>>44005119
Thread #002.
>>
>>44005119
Someone needs to explain the appeal of Magical Girls to me because I don't get it.
>>
>>44005148
Have you watched Madoka?
>>
>>44005119
I wish to know more.
>>
>>44005148
have you watched Sailor Moon?
>>
>>44005148
Magical Girls are a nifty genre for a children's show because girls can self-insert as the protagonists, boys will watch shows with enough action and manchildren enjoy cute girls.

Most people nowadays associate MGs with Nanoha or Madoka without understanding how or why they're fundamentally different from a straight Mahou Shoujo series.
>>
>>44005227
its weird how many people don't get the decon involved with Madoka and Nanoha, and have no appreciated for what came before.

How many magical girl quests are running these days anyhow?
>>
>>44005183
Some. Interesting premise and pretty awesome animation, but I just don't get why people seem to like it so much. It's good. Really good in fact. But the whole magical girl genre is absurdly popular for some reason.

>>44005214
Some, when I was like, eight. I didn't like it then, still don't like it now.

>>44005227
I guess that makes sense.
>>
>>44005490
I think around...5? This is me guesstimating from I've glanced over in the catalog for the past few weeks.
>>
>>44005518
And I think its fine that you don't like them, even though I do.
>>
>>44005566
I don't have an issue with you liking them either, I just wanted to understand why.
>>
>>44005581
Different tastes and interest. I very much enjoyed Sailor Moon as a kid when it was first syndicated. It wasn't what I was expecting at all and I enjoyed that even though it was somewhat episodic, there was an ongoing plot.
>>
>>44004749
>tfw my next MC is probably going to fit all of those
But I'm pretty sure she's just going to be unlikeable.

>inb4 she
I just can't write guys.
>>
>>44001026
>QM Question
A Modern Fantasy Musician Quest. Featuring a rock guitarist/sorcerer frontman MC. Build up a band of elven pop idols and emo vampires, then go play gigs in various taverns across the city. I don't know how I'd keep the 'combat' interesting without it devolving to 'roll for metal-ness of growl'.
>>
>>44005638
US, Cankek or other? I know those of us north of the 49 had a lot less cut content and at least an entire season more than our southern brothers.
>>
>>44005690
US.
>>
>>44005669
Come up with a personality that you would like to write beforehand.
>>
>>44005783
I do like it already. Writing mundanely terrible people is gleeful. I'm just not too sure my players will think the same way as I do.
>>
>>44005119
Wouldn't know since I haven't caught up since the previous Midori PoV switch.
>>
QQ, does anyone have any music for "You dun fucked up now"?

Specifically, they've killed the enemy releasing the greater evil inside of said enemy.
>>
>>44005950
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQVdDvlazXs
>>
>>44005950
https://youtu.be/qF4RCOcz9ow?t=16
>>
>>44005950
Like 'This my second form!' kinda thing?
>>
>>44006110
No as in, Welp, we've managed to just kill the /good/ one.
>>
File: 1446938656516.jpg (174 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1446938656516.jpg
174 KB, 640x640
What do you think of obvious QMPCs? I have in mind a quest where the protagonist following player commands is the result of an obvious otherworldly corruption. At various points an NPC telepath might enter the PC's mind to speak directly to the players (from the limited viewpoint of a character within the quest).

>>44005950
>>44006127
Need a bit more context. What's the nature of the villain?
>>
>>44006313
That actually sounds rather interesting.

I think Joker Quest does that. If I recall there was a character that could read minds and the players had to spoil their text when voting/planning to prevent the character from listening in.

What's the quest about?
>>
>>44006313
Truthfully they're the good guy, but it's a villain campaign.

He's basically got a baby elder god sitting in his soul.

That /isn't/ what's coming out. What's coming out is something like a Shadow from Persona 4, or a hollow from Bleach, or something.

It came about from interactions with the baby god and the rest of him.
>>
>>44006313
I had this funny idea that if ever ran a quest a boss would try to mind control the MC. During the update one of the prompts would be

>Obey his commands

while the others were standard actions.

Then I'd have a friend tripfag as the boss in the thread choose that option and wonder who the fuck all these other voices are that are undermining his mind control powers. The boss would be scared for the rest of the encounter.
>>
>>44006446
>"CHRIST, what the fuck is wrong with your mind?!"
>>
>>44006313
Joker Quest does that and I think Shadow Quest did it too.
>>
Late but up!
>>44006553
>>
>>44005950
For general use
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMXy3mYzkws

If the aforementioned greater evil is literally released from inside another enemy, tearing out from his insides
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyCtfd8w6JQ

For not immediately hostile unspeakable horrors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z2mf0kjEP8
>>
>>44006428
Don't want to give much away, but the ambiguity of options could leave the players driving full bore towards apocalyptic bad end. The untrustworthy "QMPC" would urge the minds controlling the player to take a specific path or perform specific actions, for better or worse.

In my mind it wouldn't be railroading because the players are just as likely to say "We should never follow that guy's sage, reasonable advice" as "We should totally do that terrible thing that guy asked us to."
>>
>>44004564
Not really. Traps are always literal shit tier characters, especially in quests
>>
>>44005950
>QQ
Get out of here, Outlander
>>
>>44005950
Here. Have ominous soundtracks from a shitty weeb series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpk6A3kgdhc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzLKOb_-6GU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwYS0aBiPf4
>>
File: lanternman.png (703 KB, 538x770) Image search: [Google]
lanternman.png
703 KB, 538x770
When should I run Lanternfolk Civilization Quest next?
>>
>>44002180
As someone who also ran two quests, I will say, it really helped give me perspective on making decisions. I basically placed one on hiatus to give me time to figure out where to go in it, then I made a quest that I honestly expected to be a one-shot. Long story short, it was popular so I continued it, which was a mistake. I eventually lost interest and found the quality was suffering, so I cancelled it to go back to the quest I put on hiatus.

Without the wall of text, I would say if it's overwhelming you, consider which one you want to run. You'll be surprised how many players will give your quests a read simply because they liked another you wrote.

>>44001323
Yes, regrettably.
>>
How's Reformed Fiend quest going?

The one guy said he would probably run it today, but I don't think I've seen it.
>>
Ok, tell me your favourite quest.
>>
>>44008057
Cyclopes Civilization Quest and Livendagen are pretty cool.
>>
>>44001323
I think there were 2 QMs who were going to compete on consecutive hours, with a goal time of 48/72 hours, i forgot. One of them gave up WAY before 24 hours, and the other one was pretty miffed.
>>
>>44007359
I didn't see it, looks like fun but it's a shitty timezone for me so I probably can't participate.

>>44008057
Golem Knight Quest or Holy Sword Quest
>>
>>44008249
>I didn't see it, looks like fun but it's a shitty timezone for me so I probably can't participate.

What is your time zone? I can probably run at different times, if my players want.
>>
>>44008057
I like Snakecatcher.
>>
>>44001026

>What quest premise have you always wanted to run but your fanbase would never enjoy?
Psychological horror where the MC has to catch a serial killer.

>What quest premise have you always wanted to play but your questmaster would never enjoy?
Something not waifus.
>>
>>44008057
Shitposting
>>
>>44008057
Active or all-time?
>>
>>44008443
I'm CET, which means it's 2:36AM for me now. Fuck, have to go to sleep in a bit by now
>>
why are necromancers so popular?
>>
>>44008723
Because while the concept of their power is rather simple and easy to understand, they have a great amount of versatility lending itself to many different personal interpretations which actually have a decent amount of variety between them.
>>
>>44008791
DASQ even started out with a choice of which kind of undead to be. Armored skeletons, ghosts, or frankenstein creations
>>
Obviously QTG is far from a consensus, but overall what are your preferences for quest post lenghts? Rapid fire posts that come quickly but lack a lot of substance, or longer posts that take more time but have lots of detail and dialogue? What are your opinions on how often you should have choices? If you're going long stretches on a single vote does it cease to become an actual quest and just write-faggotry with audience input, or is that the definition of a quest in the first place?
>>
>>44008931
>What are your opinions on how often you should have choices?
When there are meaningful choices to make.
>>
>>44008034
What quests, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>44008931
There is nothing worse than the QM stopping for useless choices.
>>
>>44008931
More content per post is always better, in my opinion. Think of it as crafting a scene for a story. You describe everything you feel is necessary or worthwhile to discuss based on the themes/tone of the writing, and all you need is for the players to input what the MC does in said scene. That input should always be meaningful and an aspect of the MC's general character.

Also, by putting more detail in your posts, the players have more of a chance to make thoughtful decisions, recognize hints as they come up again and again, and generally leads to a much more engaging time as the quest is moving along.

Make every word count, basically.
>>
>>44006806
I dunno, I occasionally write some 'low key' traps, if I run another quest I kind of figure that the MC is going to be an androgynous guy. The important part of it is to not make it a big deal, or have it be his entire identity, it's just one part of a larger character with more interesting facets of his personality. Figure that he'll probably be a little annoyed but understanding of people occasionally mistaking him for a girl, rather than basking in it.
>>
>>44008931

these about sum it
>>44008976
>>44009232

I get it if the QM feels that there SHOULD be a choice at a certain point in time, or automatically makes one subconsciously, but max respect for those who don't.
>>
>>44008931
As a QM who tries to keep these things in mind, I like whatever works. Short and fast updates can be good for conveying a tense scene with lots of votes and choices, such as combat, or a tense moment of conversation while more verbose updates can be used to convey serene backdrops or introduce characters and locations, or just let your players revel in a scene that is the culmination of their previous threads of planning and effort. Their 'keikaku' moment so to speak.

Questions on the other hand, should be handled with more care. In general, you should avoid frivolous votes, but the difference between a frivolous vote and a fluff filling one that provides unimportant but enjoyable character depth and interaction options can be rather difficult to see at times, and is largely dependent on the situation. You should be careful to avoid cutting out votes that could offer enjoyable scenes or build a fleshed out character, but at the same time you will only hurt your quest if you slog through every possible option the character has. The vast majority of choices presented to the main character in an average day should be skimmed over, but not to the detriment of small details.

It really doesn't matter what your hat's color is, but the character's chosen style of dress for a certain occasion could indeed influence a scene, or offer insight into that character that can let the players direct your hand in subtle ways and help the players get more into character, letting you both work in closer sync for the rest of that scene.
>>
>>44008976
>>44009232
>>44009262
>>44009280
>>44009304
I can dig it. Thanks for the input. When I wrote my previous quest I was always afraid that I was going to end up going on for too long or something, didn't ever get any complaints as far as I remember, but still a nagging question. But it seems like the style I was going with is more or less acceptable by your answers.

Figure that I'm probably going to start up a new quest sometime within the next month or so, I'd love to pick back up where the other one left off but I don't think that'd work out, a week of bad internet kind of skewered it for me, and left me DC'd during the middle of two different threads, and it's been months since I acknowledged them. Truth be told, I'd kind of painted myself into a corner with the ruins and planet we were on anyways.
>>
>>44008057

I love Disciple of Elshhu.

Punch mooks, fuck bitches.

More quests that don't take themselves too seriously, please.
>>
>>44009126
Hundred Year War Quest and SuperHuman Legacy Quest.
>>
>>44009874
Oh, HYWQ, that sounds interesting. Unless that's the one that went trainwreck. Would you mind telling me more about it?
>>
File: metro_4.jpg (337 KB, 1800x1300) Image search: [Google]
metro_4.jpg
337 KB, 1800x1300
I know there have been a bunch of Exalted quests and even a couple of Alchemical ones, but I really want to try running a quest set in Autocthonia, based mostly on all those old German expressionist films and life in the Weimar Republic/Eastern Bloc. So less lesbian harem anime, more Paranoia/Papers, Please. Would people want to play that?
>>
>>44010039
It's Avatar. Set 50 years before ATLA, also cancelled.
>>
>>44008057
Overhuman(Limit)
I just love this fucker
>>
>>44010117
If it doesn't suck, yes,
>>
Puella Magi Opertus Munia - Become black ops clone meguca.

What do you think of the premise?

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/puella-magi-opertus-munia.24278/
>>
>>44010369
>>44010012
>>
>>44010117
What would we be doing in this setting? What's the draw to interact with the world?
>>
>>44010369
After Zero no Tsukaima quests, now this. SB/SV are sure full of autists who can't let things go.
>>
>>44010402
They aren't even interesting.

I'm not inherently against SB's (and to some extension our) ZnT or Madoka quests, but they aren't really all that good or all that original.
>>
>>44010390
Whether you end up being a mortal or an Exalt, you'd probably be a secret police officer in an industrial hell dimension trying to prevent sabotage by psychopaths and people with cyborg leprosy, in a system that's rapidly falling apart and running out of everything, including souls.
>>
>>44010433
There is an enormous restriction in the direction of easy softball quests over good or interesting quests, because anybody who can write well will just write fanfic and anybody who wants to challenge players will find them vanishing as the tards on SB/SV simply cannot into thinking.
>>
>>44010558
>tards on SB/SV cannot into thinking in quests

>SB is full of actual military guys, some are COs

HOW, WHY?
>>
>>44010604
No age minimum, insane amounts of sockpuppets/meatpuppets (i.e. people who just jump in and cry "plan X!"), and the military doesn't actually teach you to think.
>>
>>44010604
I'm guessing most of them frequent all the other parts of SB/SV.
>>
>>44010543
Basically, Hold The Line, then? Fund it.
>>
>>44006428

I think that JQ's protagonist is actually being controlled by the chorus in his head. JQOP has implied that people who try to read minds get confused as fuck by all the voices in his.
>>
I will defeat the curse.

AZURE QUEST SESSION 3: TOMORROW.
>>
>>44008057
I fucking loved Shadow Quest
>>
>>44012001
>That Awkward moment when you still haven't read session 2
>>
Last week there was talks of a quest about just a normal adventurer in a high fantasy setting. The protagonist won't be changing the political climate of the world, or slaying the biggest thread at the time, or anything like that. Just a lowly adventurer and whatnot. Thoughts?
>>
>>44012923
Unless the writing is superb, this will be a boring waste of time.
>>
Working on some sort of zombie quest (hear me out) with some sort of upgrade tree. Not quite sure how to implement it, though. What are some common implementations of such?
>>
>>44012997
>Working on some sort of zombie quest

Don't.
>>
>>44013078
Aw man, even if the MC is a zombie?
>>
>>44012923
Whether it be episodic or spanning, there should be a plot. Whether we find one at the bottom of a cave or on a silver platter, there should be a story. I'm okay with not changing the world, but just wanderlust makes for a boring quest when choices result in just scenery.
>>
>>44013133
There would definitely be a plot. It just wouldn't be something along the lines of becoming the savior of the universe and all that.
>>
>>44013115
Are we a necrotic tabletop zombie or an organic movie one?
I'll probably play the first one, anything involving the seconds is always iffy at best.
>>
>>44013189
My plan was starting off as the former, and allowing mutations into the second through said upgrade tree.
>>
File: crying-peon.jpg (9 KB, 145x151) Image search: [Google]
crying-peon.jpg
9 KB, 145x151
New Orc Quest when?
>>
>>44010604
Having a large veteran/current military population in comparison to many other places does not mean that the rest of those forums aren't mostly composed of people who would be using Gaia ten years ago.
>>
I used to run Civ quests once upon a time but real world commitments involving family arose which made it so I couldn't for about 3-4 months. However I'm back now and willing to do stuff, I would like to get away from the traditional fantasy sort of thing, I love world building, scifi, and post apocalyptic stuff: >>44009897
What changes in the "meta" of Civ Quest threads have there been? They seem to be much more uncommon now. Also any requests for a new one? I've got time to commit and would like to follow something through for at least a dozen threads or longer is there is more interest, I just need a player base.
>>
>>44013307
However, I would be willing to run a traditional fantasy one should the demand prove as such, I'm open to suggestions however if I don't think it'll be fun I won't do it as I am supposed to enjoy myself as well.
>>
>>44013154
>>44012923
Being Unimportant is a terribly shitty premise that gets tossed around before getting tossed in the trash each time it's brought up for good reason.
>>
File: civ_chart.png (2 MB, 720x2259) Image search: [Google]
civ_chart.png
2 MB, 720x2259
>>44013307
>Also any requests for a new one?
Sure!
>>
>>44013337
What's the reason if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>44013307
To be honest, I'm not much a fan of Civ Quests. I need characters and character direction in order to get interested in the quest at all.
So here's my request- be my gateway drug. Make a Civ Quest done in first person. Something where the main character is a prince or newly-coronated king or something, and it's up to him to figure out how to pull the kingdom out of its current issues or whatever. With advisors, proper 'civ' segments, and feats of derring-do to deal with.
>>
>>44013454
Ghoul Civ did that pretty well. They focused on the leaders of the tribe (the only sentient members of the ghouls) in order to drive the story. It was mroe liek a tribe quest than a civ quest but still worked well I thought.

Can't wait till the QM takes a break from DASQ to pick it back up
>>
>>44013454
>To be honest, I'm not much a fan of Civ Quests. I need characters and character direction in order to get interested in the quest at all.

Cyclopes Civilization Quest was hugely character driven. It helped that the non-player characters were gods and/or immortals.
>>
File: The Wolf.png (231 KB, 540x695) Image search: [Google]
The Wolf.png
231 KB, 540x695
>>
>>44013454
Oh mate, if you look at the thread I referenced, I was planning on making the civ quest seem as if it were entries in the journal of the "hero" if you would, blending the elements somewhat. It's what I was going for. I also like to have named characters within the civs that do indeed develop and have a special focus on them.

>>44013376
Admittedly, I've tried this one, I did not enjoy it sorry, anything else though?
>>
File: corvideo.png (283 KB, 900x809) Image search: [Google]
corvideo.png
283 KB, 900x809
>>44013564
What is this?

>>44013599
How about this?
>>
>>44013619
https://www.google.com.au/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZiur2fTEk_1PeZkqlP-9yNFyai_1s3Bnc8kd66IoavzGEUXfLgn7tYJwwT0IwmTn-pwc9R751-i1mgE-uTvvkFiOww6bCdTeDpCCT2Y2to2xkpL0zkki-5GJq7NsFWMYD0WLSsVrN4EJmGW8vVZxxhPtKBS-RNvjaI7Njw6YOSzcPjx0WPmCV13Fgi99NX3jjTxAKM7WG58Rzht4P99s25apCUPhjOgktV-GhOb-cYQo95JhF-e6r9bePxDLldpoYK200hoF91xqlffd02LWrj8Qlp9gr7SQ1WD1K_1cEOWbLL2mgfodqzSbjVXXCHsgDmlMpvH299bQN0Pdfkfl05tC8oZbBdJ9eG0dCeGDoTm9kxmJZxeeyDy2rBBHg_1LIrzu68xVQdAjVV4XhZPbk34VGfOQenokw6lloBf8H6_1NE5EfiCWZPtJ0XDC65EcqleI0cr6nqJ5_1WxXY_10DVA6LXm9ZNv-BGaXKKNNMeKpPnR1DaFQ79sjErIVA5pEDqsNj7TQeUdY5PViadClYxYRZoG7xgyHQ-_1z3Ae5Xkb-vbCmnd512Wg2_1arazNR0iZf_1lIBa2h7OfWx2Rpj2i0QNZX_1V2XTy9jBwxpqz5q-TdD31Tx7JLlIecmQkJRY8uoWEHt2l401enV6D543WYkAi2RMvJyo6ANIugZ41d3kh92seK6HV7y0BMjlV-cSXfx0Cw3xgsISv_1ooxTyKndSeysIMDalU_1u3ajX8bu7JDR_1DdXpZ63ylL-JY08ECQ7EMeckh9TqtjtSxJNkzjIDq-H9sZD_19SMPmahtSvWJM8RE4JR3T-UNo5Tsyo7PYkk2_168CdAEe9i7OZtusKwsCDH7VMSgVw0CVT4oIkP-UVAQeVeURhQPgFbrlKfz_1JCf65r0WZq9VIZ5_16mIeGnedWCJkuDaAbhW9oTVal6GdtU-y-ks6vgUzbniyPpm0ypK-qGKhsG79ri0MoCkvcnEsWG9NwGM4VhELbtViFn34JDZG-VE1XmA7o5LJSBq7L5BIioezB5O2PEGJ6tjyS1JGPBpHoIQoLw2pBjWnlv3zvrBHsLUF3D-L_1Sq0K_1ZiezxyBtl2GWvurtGW1jUxYWrosuAS_1ALJ4KesHGhWUifIajjOEGEfTU1pZY1Y_1bkCqwNGwiJrhubRAprctNDoTprsu5mnVZoUjze88veIFJr5EWA4q4rd4MfsI0ZYp37pssuzsB8_1JCjYlr5QoWp6IutAuyisVLBJGvTGxCmuM3H-a5_1qvEc2Bqjk2uCR0QEEXr34y4OmN1xhqxPJajqO5ktQBdRXl-4b9llHYpnga00ZX6YOEMb6md4n0eHV2hz0vbxVWGrcVnm5dUCxY4luOmreedj3CYMEvK4Yn-C49dMkHTVoEszsqXuz7F8cwX6RuYWxUeXPK9dUzzTgrtqt_1s1GymqCPZweU-cTpwUZlY9eN4mfXYw5PWc9p5mw&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=qdJjVteVAcLamAWF6an4DQ

Hmmm... Something more humanoid perhaps? I'm not quite Lovecraft or anything. It's not that I'm not imaginative or anything, it's just familiarity breeds detail. I admire the drive though ahah
>>
>>44013675
It's just a bird with a camera for a head. It isn't that difficult.
>>
Speaking of Civ Quests, QD said that HQQ might be back soonish. He made any progress on that front vis a vie his life and comp? I'm not asking him to come back right this second, I'm just interested in a status update. He's good people.
>>
>>44013703
Nothing beyond what he said on his twitter last time. I must check it at least twice a day to see if he's coming back lol
>>
Civ Quests a shit
>>
>>44013694
Dadaragons?
>>
>>44013761
MyrmidonOP to the Civ crowd.

>>44013757
>All Quests a shit
ftfy
>>
>>44013761
Shitposter who runs/pitches dadaist quests then ironically bitches when no one understands them.
>>
What are some quest ideas you'd wanna see/run but don't have time?
>>
>>44013789
>>44013805
Careful, he got me banned last weekend for pointing out who he was to naive anons
>>
>>44013874
Even if he somehow has the mods on his side (which I doubt), it's not like ban evasion is difficult.
>>
File: 001.png (1 MB, 800x767) Image search: [Google]
001.png
1 MB, 800x767
>>44013675
How about the Centimani of Greek mythology?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hekatonkheires
>>
>>44013789
Ah alright

>>44013874
"Naive", I don't believe that's the word that's actually applicable. Perhaps, "unknowing" would work better.

>>44013805
Hey different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>44014084
>"unknowing" would work better
Yeah that was the word I was looking for
>>
>>44014111
Oh, I was just messing with you in saying that, we all know what you meant. Haha Poe's Law I guess
>>
File: 001.png (397 KB, 412x567) Image search: [Google]
001.png
397 KB, 412x567
>>44013859
Do a Promethean: the Created quest.
>>
>>44014010
That could be fun.
>>
>>44013703
Yes, I have my computer and have just been gathering things together in my free time. Working on ways to better streamline crunch on both your end and mine to better facilitate larger scale hive growth, and just reading through notes and getting all the little plot lines in order. There are a lot of them, many of which remain unknown as yet.

Hardware wise though everything is fine now. Better even, since I assembled a new computer from scratch and no longer hear the sounds of a lawn mower choking on an animal when I turn it on like my old computer.
>>
>>44014981
>Hardware wise though everything is fine now. Better even, since I assembled a new computer from scratch and no longer hear the sounds of a lawn mower choking on an animal when I turn it on like my old computer.
Nice. Hope to see you soon, mang.

I know what you mean about trying to streamline crunch, I'm already getting deep into resource counts and unit controlling with my own.
>>
File: 1448775918812.jpg (395 KB, 1029x1466) Image search: [Google]
1448775918812.jpg
395 KB, 1029x1466
>>44015131
I don't know how you keep up your pace, it's amazing, how do you do it?
Also I hope everything is getting better and there wasn't any serious injury after that motorcycle incident.

As to the crunch I've been bouncing ideas off a helpful anon via e-mail and have had some nice ideas come in over the ask.fm as well. I figure I'll end up cementing any changes through a recap thread once things are ready to go and take in last minute feed back.
>>
>>44014981
Hm. wonder if there's a way to develop/find a program to handle it for you. Might be worth the while. What all would it need? I might know some folks who wouldn't mind the practice.
>>
>>44015245
>That pic.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...wait what's the actual move base?
>>
So, quest anons...do you generally consider DMing an actual game, or QMing a quest, more challenging?

If someone had an idea they wanted to explore, which would you say is better\easier to take a first crack at without any prior GM/DM/QM experience?
>>
>>44015245
Oh it wasn't as cool as a motorcycle lol. Riding their bicycle down a hill and hit some gravel then a tree leaped right in front of him.
They're doing ok now, just mostly complaining because their main hand is in a full arm cast.

>I don't know how you keep up your pace, it's amazing, how do you do it?
I thought I take too long for my posts honestly though I'm glad you seem to enjoy the quest.
I'll be honest and say I had a "Senpai noticed me!" moment when I saw you were interested in the quest lol
>>
>QM Question:
What quest premise have you always wanted to run but your fanbase would never enjoy?

I'd like to run a Worm (Parahumans) quest at some point, with no potential for lewdness. I don't think the setting has much of a base following, and abusing meta knowledge is one of the fun parts of running in an established setting.

>Bonus Question:
How can one successfully incorporate invented languages into a quest?

Normally I suggest skating by with real languages, or at least stealing invented languages from other authors (ie Tolkien). Other than that, invented languages should be kept to tone and description as much as possible - don't give me the actual phonetic sounds for Orcish, tell me that it's harsh and guttural. Or that it's flowing and elegant, strikingly at odds with their brutish appearance.

Never speak in full sentences in your made up language. Occasional single words are fine, but any more than that is mostly pointless - your players are just going to skim over the gibberish anyway.
>>
>>44015380
I'd say GMing is easier, but QMing takes way less commitment. There's a ton of resources for running a normal game, but you have to worry about getting a set group of people to show up. Quests are drop-in/drop-out for the players and the QM (mostly), but you have very little to help you run your quest.
>>
File: babel.png (37 KB, 1499x927) Image search: [Google]
babel.png
37 KB, 1499x927
>>44015404
>Never speak in full sentences in your made up language.

:(
>>
>>44015404
>I'd like to run a Worm (Parahumans) quest at some point, with no potential for lewdness. I don't think the setting has much of a base following, and abusing meta knowledge is one of the fun parts of running in an established setting.

Case 53 Quest? I promise I won't metagame. Much.
>>
>>44015483

Fuck's sake. You see? That kind of shit is why a QM goes "Forget it."

I'm not the prospective QM, by the way. I just mention this as a problem.
>>
>>44015319
Well, I'm more trying to focus on ways to decrease the number of votes required to do something on a planetary/system wide scale. Planetary worker drone populations, local militia and picket fleets, building and organizing resource extractors like various farms and mines, things like that.

I'd like to get the process of founding a new hive or ordering fleet/troop movement down to as few votes as possible and not worry about all the little things that go into it without taking away any options or choices. I feel like at times we can't see the forest for the trees, although sometimes it goes in really interesting directions.

>>44015333
Ocean's Eleven. Someone made it after Jyoti had to leave in an emergency.

I keep a folder for all these images. I save every one.

>>44015392
I'm glad to hear everyone's okay, and yea I know how annoying a cast can be. I was told to use a pencil eraser to scratch under it, but that's a lie, all you end up doing is peeling your arm like deli meat.

I was actually in the civ general where you initially pitched it, and I really enjoy the setting you've made, although I was mostly referencing your pace of making the threads themselves.
I felt the same way when I found out Program0 was reading mine.
>>
File: singalongeverybody.gif (929 KB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
singalongeverybody.gif
929 KB, 245x170
>>44015552
>I was told to use a pencil eraser to scratch under it, but that's a lie, all you end up doing is peeling your arm like deli meat.
>gif related

QD and CyclopsOP both saying they're ready to return to game running, been a good weekend
(although CyclopsOP said they won't be returning ot the Civ in favor of running a CYOA Dungeon builder)
>>
>>44015611
To be totally honest, after a few weeks there's so much dead skin that peeling becomes far more satisfying then simply scratching and you cut through the built up layers like ablative armor made of curdled fryer grease so you don't even feel it. It does, however, make you far, far too aware of just how uncomfortable the rest of your arm is, and that sensation is far worse then any minor itch.
>>
>>44015483

Slaughterhouse Nine quest. Go to exotic new places, meet interesting new people, then horrifically murder them!

I mean, I run Scholomance Quest. I'm not the type to run a fun-time adventure :P
>>
>>44015763
That's the worst part of the setting. I mean, the individual ideas for the villains are mostly fine, but S9 is just shit.
>>
>>44015483
NORG?
>>
>>44015763

Worm as a whole isn't a happy setting. Even playing a normal villain is going to be tough.

And the S9 is uninteresting. Especially when you consider the amount of protection they have in the form of Cauldon.
>>
>>44015957
I don't know what that means.
>>
>>44016020
Norg was an infamous QM, Did a fapbait quest based on FF8. Horrible writer and a piece of shit in general.
>>
>>44016069
Why did you think I was him?
>>
>>44016096
Everyone wanted NORG to run a WORM Quest.
>>
>>44016069
All of NORG'S quests are shittier crossovers with Mary Sue MC's
>>
Is Become the Vampire any good?
>>
File: 3197946.png (446 KB, 692x700) Image search: [Google]
3197946.png
446 KB, 692x700
So, I kinda want to do something along the vein of Kamen Rider Ghost for a quest, however I'm thinking of using a Female for the Main Character and along with Historical Figures and such maybe there will be form's based off Mythology,

Image of potential MC in post
>>
>>44016238
That is a horrible ass.
>>
>>44016238
Y A W N
A
W
N
>>
>>44016238
>KR
>AltHistory
>fapbait MC with terrible anatomy
Remove one of those and it might become successful rather than crashing and burning. I recommend removing the KR and making it generic armored heroes instead. Look into Geist: The Sin-Eaters for inspiration.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Xn4iPF0Kv3WjlEVnY0YW44Unc/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>44016238
>>>/anonkun/
Get this boring smut shit outta here.
>>
>>44016327
Preach anon preach

>>44016238
KR Quest's never work
>>
File: 05_sf5fangimages01.jpg (472 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
05_sf5fangimages01.jpg
472 KB, 2048x1152
This man is now a villain in your quest.

Writefaggotry commences
>>
>>44016427
You're in the wrong place.
>>
>>44016427
That looks like the bastard lovechild of the crane hermit.
>>
Reformed Fiend/Hellspawn future QM here. Ran into trouble last night, but going to run the first thread this evening; 7-8 hours from now.
>>
want to share elevator pitches for quests?
I just came up with one I'd read.
"robot and plant buddies search for the parts of their crashed ship."
>>
>>44009266
That's just an effeminate dude, and also typically a shitty character
>>
>>44010543
It's really unfair to describe Autochthon as a hell dimension. He's a nice boy who didn't do anything.
>>
>>44018690
Well, sucks that that's the way you see it but hopefully I can break that trend. Not everybody's a bastion of masculinity, and I like my characters to exhibit a variety of different personalities and physical characteristics. Just so happens that the the MC of my next quest is probably going to be a bit effeminate.

Though that said, I can see where you're coming from when you consider a good portion of quests. But a lot of the quests those characters come from feature an entire cast of shitty characters anyways.
>>
>>44018809
>Not everybody's a bastion of masculinity
I never said they had to be. There's a massive spectrum of potential characters between Chet Manlystache and Boipussy McLadyballs
>>
>>44018809
>when you consider a good portion of quests
I'm talking about characters in general, not just in quests
>>
>>44018964
>>44018982
Fair enough. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that we probably agree more than we disagree, and that there was just a misunderstanding on my part. I've never been particularly impressed by the far ends of said spectrum.
>>
>>44018809
>Just so happens that the the MC of my next quest is probably going to be a bit effeminate.
Talk some more about it.
>>
>>>44019206
>>
File: 3r6phh.jpg (48 KB, 400x513) Image search: [Google]
3r6phh.jpg
48 KB, 400x513
>>44019144
I'm still in the conceptual stage of it, truth be told. The most basic gist of it is that it's going to be a space-age setting, might have a few hints of cyberpunk thrown in. The 'dominant race' not sure I really want to call it that but whatever will probably be humans, while you're part of a humanoid race that was uplifted just a generation or two ago.

I'm thinking that regardless of whether the uplifting process was completely peaceful or not, the social upheaval it caused within the community of your race has caused major rifts within society as it races to reshape itself to meet galactic standards and such, and so it's easier for people and things to fall through the cracks, meaning that in addition to the meteoric rise in industry with the uplifting, there's also a sharp rise in organized crime. I figure that this can, in one way or another, lead to an explanation as to why you might be the adventurous type and why you're interested in getting off your homeworld, beyond the fact that you're a young person who's species was recently introduced to the galactic community.
>>
>>44019363
As for the character himself, if that's what you're talking about, I'm still waffling about it a bit. I'm thinking that I'm going to have the MC's race to be slightly weaker than average but with a higher capacity for engineering genius and fewer qualms over cybernetic augmentation than a lot of other races. As for the effeminate part, like I said it's just a small part of his personality and truth be told I was thinking about tying that in to your race's less than intimidating physical stature, your people are somewhat short and pretty lithe, pseudo-science says this is because they evolved to survive in a jungle environment, and because of this the males are often mistaken for females by other races that are unfamiliar with them. Whether I actually run for this or not is up in the air, as it's a relatively inconsequential detail but little details are important for fleshing out the background of a setting.
>>
>>44019377
>males are often mistaken for females by other races that are unfamiliar with them.
This implies all the other species are just rubber head humans with bulky males and lithe, shapely females.

And that's super fucking boring.
>>
>>44019756
That's true. Like I said, still in the early conceptual stage, which is why I wasn't talking about it a whole lot earlier. Might be better to just say 'mistaken by humans' etc. etc. but then that makes them sound more like recolored humans themselves. So we'll see what happens or if it even makes it into the final cut of the setting. Getting around the rubber headed alien issue is something that has to be addressed regardless. Figure that once I get a bit further into it I'll toss out a few ideas that I'm juggling and see what people seem to like. The only races that I'm almost certain on right now are the humanoid avian race, and maybe a race that evolved from amphibians, I'm on the fence about that one though because I'm not sure how well I can play it even with a pseudo-science explanation.
>>
>>44018698
He's the physical embodiment of autism. He doesn't get people because he thinks of everything as purely physical and mechanical. Also, he's been unconscious for 5,000 years and literally has not done anything.
>>
>>44016524
There's no brakes on this hell train.
>>
>>44019841
I've always been of the opinion that it's more important how your species react to each other more than how they look/act in a vacuum.

For example, in one setting I've got this species of insectoid aliens that serve in a hive structure (original, I know) that have a tendency to address anyone in a position of power by female pronouns. They don't even HAVE a word for kings, fathers, lords, etc, and the closest analogue they have is calling someone a Man-Queen or He-Mother, but of which are viewed as comical and derogatory insults.

Or a primitive amphibious race that's essentially what happens when you take a poison dart frog, a scorpion, a lionfish, and a cuttlefish and throw them all in a blender who had many fables centered around the belief that "piercing the First Veil" of breaking the water's surface and living on land was what earned them self-awareness/a soul, and constantly sought to pierce the Second Veil and live among the stars, believing this might make them live as gods. Unfortunately, they found themselves pawns of a war between two space age societies and had their whole culture come crashing down around them.

I'd go into more detail, but I'm both on my phone and rambling enough as it is. The point is, focus more on their histories and how their biology shaped these histories than on how feminine their dicks are.

I've also found that it's better to start with a weird biological quirk and branch out from there rather than try to justify your fetish through a half-assed pseudoscientific rationalization like "they look like girls because they live in trees"
>>
>>44019756
One way not to make this boring would be to have those "aliens" all be humans, but speciated from baseline humanity. Some naturally, some engineered. Or something.
>>
>>44020057
That's also boring, it's just a way to justify how boring it is.

Also, humans - especially Designer Humans - would get fucking WEIRD and you know it. Just look at Eclipse Phase or /d/. Your setting would be filled with futa, everlolis, catgirls, and buff brown futaloli catgirls at the very least.
>>
Repost just to get some more thoughts.

Last week there was talks of a quest about just a normal adventurer in a high fantasy setting. The protagonist won't be changing the political climate of the world, or slaying the biggest thread at the time, or anything like that. Just a lowly adventurer and whatnot. There would be a story and plot lines and whatnot, just nothing to the extreme. Thoughts?
>>
>>44020045
I can dig it, I'll probably see what I can do with that line of reasoning.
>>
>>44020115
They would get weird, but not weird in a completely inhuman way. You could get the weirdest example of humanity across all literature, and somewhere somebody would think "Hm, sounds neat".

Nobody would like to be or come across Blindsight aliens. Whereas the symbiotic plant/human in Golden Globe drifting across the skies of Saturn might be interesting for some of our survivalist/ascetic types.
>>
>>44020143
Sounds like a decent time. I doubt that the MC in any quests that I'm looking to run anytime soon are going to be particularly important individuals. At best they'd probably be medium-tier adventurers, might make something of a name for themselves within that community but not much else.
>>
>>44020143
Same as before. I hope your writing is up to par, because it would be the only thing maintaining that afloat. And since questing is all about that first draft knocked as fast as possible...

You honestly seem to be missing what makes genre writing appealing.
>>
>>44016682
A wizard's apprentice goes on a philosophical journey to discover the true nature of magic.
>>
>>44020213
First Hellspawn quest.
>>
>>44020188
>You honestly seem to be missing what makes genre writing appealing.

I may. I just feel that having a MC be the driving force of what happens in the world and whatnot is a tad overdone (maybe with good reason, I'm no expert), and that maybe a change of pace would garner a niche audience. With that being said, it wouldn't be chock full of quests about menial tasks of the MC's daily life, and maybe I'd let the MC slowly become more and more relevant in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>44020161
>but not weird in a completely inhuman way.
All Tomorrows.
>>
>>44016427

He'd be a heavy-hitter if I ran a Capcom Vs. SNKP or Capcom Vs. Namco-Bandai quest, but otherwise... Meh.
>>
>>44020143
>There would be a story and plot lines and whatnot, just nothing to the extreme. Thoughts?

It's good enough if they are still an actual MC. Objectives and story lines are good enough if they get to advance and feel rewarded.

You will always get players thinking huge. They'll see an NPC or background element, and JUST shonen up their fantasies into it. There's nobles? they'll be Hemperor. There's battles? They'll be Master King Chief defeating armies with only punches. There's people? They'll roll diplomancy for maximum ego boost.

So I'd advise against showing or interacting with the highest tiers of the world in order to avoid such distractions.
>>
>>44020370
Yeah, I definitely understand. I'd try and keep it relatively simple.
>>
>>44020336
He is the new 2nd in command of Shadoloo/Shadowlaw however you Say Bison's Group.

People forget that Sagat actually left.
>>
>>44004381
Make them feel like a person. Think about them as though they are actual people. Figure out their voice.
>>
In your opinion, what QMs handle whyfooism the best?
>>
What quests have ebooks? I need things to read but internet is not a certainty on my end.
>>
>>44021230
Larro
>>
>>44021251
Just copy and paste from the archives.
>>
>>44021251
JQ and MGNQ, I think. Neither go past a certain point, though.
>>
>>44021262
>blatant pandering
Well I guess it depends on your point of view on how waifus should be handled
>>
>>44021645
He did BTFO the /u/fags at one point, though. Good times.
>>
>>44016682

How about a quest based on the FEAR universe? Ignoring 2 and 3, you play as a separate FEAR operative investigating other Armacham sites after all the discoveries made in the game. Nothing too terribly unique about the character, but you still deal with some crazy shit.
>>
File: 4th wall.jpg (63 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
4th wall.jpg
63 KB, 700x500
>>44021711
oh boy
>>
>>44021711
And then he followed it up by shoehorning some ORIGINAL CHARACTER DONUT STEEL trap character who was just a ripoff of am already existing character one of his faggy friends from the IRC came up with into literally everything. And he also pandered to /u/fags and shipfags all throughout the quest with Caffornicator/Rider, Cynthia getting her own Sparkle from another universe, and even Bridgette getting a not!Rena

Lolu a shit. A SHIT.

Queenie a best, tho.
>>
File: 1394768433846.png (284 KB, 600x950) Image search: [Google]
1394768433846.png
284 KB, 600x950
>>44021804
>Queenie a best, tho.
>>
>>44021804
Don't forget the whole Raindrops/Queenie shipfest
>>
>>44021251
Speaking of Larro, both of his quests have ebooks. MGNQ, Exalted, Kill la Kill Anaru and a bunch of other quests as well. Not sure if these quests are complete or not, so fair warning.

Check http://pastebin.com/kbGzcbDb
It's not a complete list, since it's missing at least Exalted.
>>
>>44021804
>Lolu
He wasn't an OC DONUT STEEL, he was a suggestion with a typo. Someone told him to give Queenie a vampire loli cousin when he asked for ideas, but typed U instead of I. Jokes were made, and then he made a character.

But no one ever came to him and said "Hey, I made a character, use it in your story." They did this in MAQ with that vampyre shit, though.

>Caffornicator/Rider,
>Cynthia/AlterSparkle
>Bridgette/Rena's sister
Not seeing the problem with these ones

>Raindrops
That was a moesona from IRC, wasn't it? That makes it pretty bad.
>>
>>44021733

I'd play that.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.