[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post-Apocalyptic Civ #2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 450x300
Rolled 18, 43, 77 = 138 (3d100)

It's been fourteen years since the downfall of society as we knew it. Poor allocation of resources, namely fuel, reduced us all into anarchy. Those that could fight did, and many died. The first few days were filled with rioting, pillaging, raping, and bloody well any crime you could imagine, soon some of the fires started going out. That's when the shelling started, and with it the Petroleum Wars. May call these Wars World War III, but not the whole world was involved, only the parts that could be, nothing has been heard from the rest since power went out, God bless their souls. I sit here writing this journal entry in the margins of this book as I want to set myself and the survivors here with me onto a new path, to rebuild and to make mankind good once more.

Signed, Jonathan Hodges

Last Thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/43994941/

We chose our leader and got a resource description as well as a map of our small warehouse.

Newcomers welcome, I plan on making this Civ last a long time to come.
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>44009897
Develop deontological ethics.
>>
>>44009915
So become a loosely rule based "tribe"? Or strict laws like Mesopotamians?
>>
>>44009897
Bump
>>
What are the options we have? As in; what can we do?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

Ok, i looked at the past thread and I vote for further improving security on our building.

>ductaping windows
>jamming chairs to doors
>sandbags?
>>
>>44010678
ok fuck.
>>
>>44010592
We can do whatever you can imagine, more or less complete sandbox, but done realistically and unforgivingly

>>44010678
Our people decide to improve the defenses of our location, using plastic and duct tape we try to cover the windows to better help keep in heat and make us more comfortable, none of the plastics sheets we can find are large enough to cover the window and as such we can use twice as many resources to cover them or not bother.

The holdings of the front door seem to be rusted, or more accurately past tense, in jamming the chair against the door it fell out of its housing, falling onto the ground making a loud noise. There is no chance we can reattach it without removing a section of the wall and improving it. (+1 construction material [the door])

A young woman suggested we use sandbags to barricade the windows and doors instead, we don't have any sand but in our construction materials there were some bags of concrete, perhaps there's something we can do with that.

>Pick one
>Use double resources to patch up windows
>Don't bother patching up windows and try again after gaining new resources (can't reroll now, no roll necessary)

Initially I was going to do turns in days however I'll just do them in "turns" and treat them as whatever amount of time I deem necessary for the action.
>>
>>44011801
>>Don't bother patching up windows and try again after gaining new resources (can't reroll now, no roll necessary)
>>
>>44011868
The group has lost some motivation, but moved a shelf in front of the now gaping door, to offer some amount of security, unfortunately from some angles the fire inside can be seen from outside the door now.

(A handful of hours have passed)
It is now midday.
>>
>>44011962
bump
>>
>>44012637
Post-apocalypse is a boring genre for boring people. This thread died just as it should have.
>>
>>44012780
Thank you for the input, any other constructive criticism you feel worth giving?
>>
>>44012936
Never do anything with undead, mutants, or trendy monsters. Always be original!
>>
>>44012980
I was avoiding zombie and nuclear apocalypse with the exact intention of avoiding undead and mutants, I went for (what I believed to be) a more unique apocalyptic event. I'm going for a more "The Colony" tv show meets "This war of mine" game sort of setting. As for monsters, I wouldn't involve fantasy unless it became apparent the players wanted it.
>>
>>44013150
This genre only works if it is intensely character-driven and preferably with a lot of the protagonist's introspection.

Otherwise, it's just a boring day in the third world.
>>
>>44013407
I suppose that's a very fair point, I hadn't really thought of it that way or seen it around before so I guess that's be why I hadn't come to the conclusion myself. Cheers
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.