[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #607: Chaos Tourist Group Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: TheBasics.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
TheBasics.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>43954757
>>
>>43973682
Hey, Babylon, question: given that you don't have an Astropath or a Navigator, and the world you end up on doesn't seem to have a population before you get there, how does the stuff in the DLCs involving going off-world work? Where do the Litany, the Lapsed and the Retaliation come from, along with all the Techpriests and such?
>>
>>43976267
What sort of things would you need to entertain a chaos tourist group? Something for each chaos god followers.
>>
>>43976305
A bunch of diseased hookers, an axe and a guide to making treasure hunts?
>>
>>43976305
Vikings with smallpox infected blankets.
>>
>>43976321
the diseased hookers for nurgle or slaaneshi followers?
>>
>>43976336
Yes.
>>
File: I've Lost Control Of My Chain.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
I've Lost Control Of My Chain.gif
1 MB, 320x240
So after thinking aloud in the IRC it turns out that dark hallowing planets and hiveworlds in Commoragh was not in fact just a bad idea, but a terrible one. Now I'm in warhammer 40k with the Love Can Bloom Drawback and Slaanesh is now on my doorstep. Not Slaaneshi patrol.

I think making pudding is the only sensible response to this turn of events.
>>
File: bring me to madden.gif (3 MB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
bring me to madden.gif
3 MB, 280x200
>>43976371
Just run. Run and don't stop running until you're in a setting that doesn't have the Warp at all.
>>
>>43973959
I didn't break the Deadlight. I'm reposing this question from the last thread.
>>
>>43976432
but anon, he brings the warp with him now. He heralds the coming of the warp, look upon him and despair as he opens four of his seven mouths and sings the song that ends all worlds.
>>
It's been over 100 threads since Jump Rain was supposed to happen, anyone have any updates on the OAA situation?
>>
So I notice we've got Jumps for a few /tg/'s - Nechronica, a few D&D settings, some 40k, etc. Even a couple of board games.

But which ones do you think we're missing?

I'd say we need a Risk jump, or maybe some King of Tokyo?
>>
>>43976568
plenty of people posted jumps during your supposed jump rain, did you just write off whatever they did.
>>
>>43976568
The more people bug him about it, the longer it will take. Just let it be, for crying out loud.

Such a lust for Jumps!
>>
>>43976583
Jump Rain's main feature was supposed to be OAA dumping a whole bunch of jumps he's been saving up until then. Several other people held off posting jumps for that event.

I'm asking to see if anyone knows anything besides "he's maybe struggling with dial-up?".
>>
>>43976588
That's not how it works. Stop bullshiting.

Pretty sure everything was done anyway and the problem was his ungodly shitstain of an internet connection. Seriously, it's like a time portal back into the pioneer years of dial up.
>>
>>43976614
I guess you weren't in IRC when this was actually planned were you? He'll post his jumps when he's ready, asking won't make a difference.
>>
>>43976618
He could just send the text over to someone else and have them pdf it. He gets on 4chan and IRC just fine and it's been literally months. Hell, the connection doesn't even seem that bad compared to someone like Dirge and he posts pdfs just fine.
>>
>>43976614
It could be he is getting tired of JC but we don't know anything that is going on with OAA so we shouldn't jump to any conclusions.
>>
Okay, so tell me about Vandread, /jc/. What is even going on? What am I even supposed to do?
>>
>>43976614
Last I heard he had to make thread announcements by proxy, his internet is so bad.
>>
>>43976668
Basically there are two planets and one is only males and other is only female both are at war with each other. This is all I know about it.
>>
>>43976668
Like >>43976696 said. But there's also Earth, which is filled with cyborgs living in excessive pollution to the point that they need to harvest people that aren't them for organs.
>>
>>43976696
>>43976739
So don't go there until I'm capable of destroying Earth, got it!
>>
>>43976796
Eh, like most light-ish animes if you stick with the main cast and try not to get in the antagonists way( in this case the earth's), which like in most upbeat settings is piss easy, you'll be fine and the protagonists will solve it all for you.
>>
Okay so I've been busy with the holidays and work stuff.

Some people asked about Toriko so here is the verbal update.

I had no idea it would Jump the Shark so many freaking times. Base Toriko Jump is getting an update that mainly consists of the time-frame being moved back a couple years so you won't get dragged into all the current shenanigans.

That aside, I'm also working on Dragon Mech, Fighting Foodons, and a couple others I've been tossing ideas around for but haven't hammered out. I tend to bounce between things so stuff has been slow.

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.
>>
>>43977036
Thanks for keeping us informed, Toriko. I look forward to Fighting Foodons. This thread needs more horrible food puns.
>>
>>43977114
No. Please this thread doesn't need more puns.
>>
>>43977162
I know what you did last summer, Anon. This is merely fitting punishment.
>>
>>43977162
They do have a punchant for collecting here, don't they?
>>
>>43977162
No need to give such a rise over puns. The thread is downright marinated with them. It would be downright rotten otherwise.
>>
File: German Cover.jpg (49 KB, 640x514) Image search: [Google]
German Cover.jpg
49 KB, 640x514
Question to Wild Card about Secrets of Evermore. Most notably, the Participant capstone 'Magic of Imagination.'

>Magic of Imagination (800 CP) (Discount Participant) - Evermore was created by Imagination, and Imagination still has a lot of power in Evermore. Whenever you find a place that captures your Imagination, somewhere you can truly call home, you can tie yourself to it, turning it into an imaginary world in your mind. By focusing on that image, you can use the primal power of Evermore to unleash effects that can only be called magic, stronger than Alchemy and without the cost. The effects you create have to relate to the place you're tied to, though; an ancient volcano might inspire you to create blasts of flame and sparks of life, while a decrepit space station could give rise to blasts of electricity, disruptive pulses, and magical targeting systems. Just remember that you can only have one place like this at a time, and if it ever loses its power over you, you lose your power over the world as a result.

So breaking it down, it seems to be along the lines of: Strong connection to X location (so strong it tugs at the fucking heartstrings) = powerset related to this world location.

Is there anything based on this in-verse that one could look at as an example, or -
do you have an idea on what the 'upper limit' of it is?

I suppose it's strictly evocation of sorts, no summoning 'spells' or anything along those lines?

Does the metaphysical weight, actual mechanics, and/or possibility of the location being a 'sentient loci' get taken into account, or is it more just the themes of the place that are captured?

Is there a limit on possible locations held in one's 'imaginary world'?

Thank you in advance.
>>
I need some help /jc/, are there any good sources for abilities that allow me to flash dry water?
Moisture getting into everything is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>43978012
Waterbending can instantly evaporate liquid water, pull moisture from their surroundings to produce liquid water, and move water vapor around. So there should be a fairly simple kata that pulls all the water in the area out, disperses it into the air, and then shoves it away so that it doesn't raise the local humidity and just make things damp again.
>>
>>43978012
There's some person in Worm named Rime whose power is doing just that. If it's not on the list already, go bug the maker to add it in. Alternatively, get Data Drain and copy her power.
>>
>>43978086
It's Sere that does that.
>>
>>43978086
Nah, that's Sere, not Rime. Rime's thing is making ice.
>>
>>43978072
>>43978086
>>43978104
>>43978107
Alright cheers. Doing the dishes just got so much easier.
>>
>>43978104
>>43978107
Huh. I feel like a right proper dingus right now.

If he has Data Drain he should copy both of their powers, though. Gotta take magpying to the next level.
>>
12. Gargoyles
Burthday: 1958, Race: Gargoyle (-50), Origin: Drop-In
Perks: Durable, Gargoyle Strength (-150), Advanced Gliding (-200), Lucky Sleeper (-300), Mad Biologist (-600)
Companion Import (-200)
Drawbacks: Humility Spell Failure (+100), Trickster (+200), Friendly Enemies (+200)

Chimmy: Gargoyle Warrior, Durable, Warrior's Instincts, Maneuverability (-100), Lucky Sleeper (-300)
Falco: Gargoyle Warrior, Durable, Warrior's Instincts, Weaponsmaster (-100), Maneuverability (-100), Advanced Gliding (-200)
Gotsu: Gargoyle Warrior, Durable, Warrior's Instincts, Maneuverability (-100), My Home Is A Castle (-300)

You know how Digimon don't technically have gender, regardless of their tertiary sexual characteristics? Well, Gotsu and Falco are just fine being lady gargoyles, though less fine with memories of being the last two of their clan.

The survivors of the Wyvern betrayal now total 9, including Demona. When I show up, there are questions from everybody, which prompts me to explain that I hop universes and can occasionally take on the form of one of the races there. No one believed me and I didn't feel the need to force the issue, but did use my powers when the need called for it.

It wasn't long until Puck began antagonizing me, and members of the Pack working with Macbeth, then Demona, and even the Quarrymen was quite the surprise, but the story more or less held for awhile, which surprised me. Things went downhill when Thailog worked with Coyote and Sevarius to retrieve my DNA and attempted to create a clone army with most of my non-magical powers, so I regret not just taking the evil clone drawback. Killing yourself twenty times fucking sucks. Live and learn, I guess?

When the World Tour began, I stayed behind to romance Lex, blue feathered him before he could get a taste for limey venison. Not going to bore you with the details of that.

Physiomancy + Any biological knowledge perks is pretty bitching, I took the first I could get.
>>
>>43976575
Chess jump.
>>
>>43978560
We already have that though
>>
>>43978460
Additional: This universe has a pretty heavy idea of fate and prophecy, so I got to abuse the Percy Jackson oracle powers here to mess a few things up. I got Macbeth Excalibur, though he did eventually give it over to King Arthur willingly.

Pucks "prophecy" of Lex or his clone going evil was switched out to Broadway or his clone going evil. Whereas Lexington conquered the world, Broadway became Punisher-esque and eventually turned on the rest of the clan. It was a pretty fun thing to hear about.
>>
the available Nasuverse jumps are Kara no Kyoukai, Tsukihime, Fate/Jumpchain and Fate/Extra, I'm not missing any am I?
>>
The Thing is unless you break the deadlight you're not going to have access to any of your perks,And most jumpers who do probably have some kind of regeneration so it's Irrelevant.
>>
File: DoIevenhavepores anymore.png (178 KB, 370x388) Image search: [Google]
DoIevenhavepores anymore.png
178 KB, 370x388
>>43976305
There is actually a carnival of nurgle from warhammer fantasy, so there is that.

>>43976647
From what I remember from IRC, his internet is actually that bad.

Also, Judge Dredd may possibly be up in a couple of days, maybe, possibly.
(I may spell check religiously to an OCD level.)
>>
>>43978826
Carnival Phantasm.
>>
>>43978850
Ah! thank you, I was certain I was missing something.
>>
>>43978837
Forgot to link to >>43975709
>>
>>43978839
>You killed innocent people
>The means to an end!
>You caused a massacre!
>I started a revolution!
>YOU BEYRAYED THE LAW!
>LAAAAAAAAAAW!
>>
>>43978837
Luck of the Damned and Unshakable Faith are in-jump purchases, you blithering moron.
>>
Borderlands has "Action Skill: You may only have one Action Skill at any time." Does that mean you can buy multiples and swap between them, or you can only buy one? I thought it was the latter but it's wording makes me unsure.

Also, any way to get companions Action Skills?
>>
Asked in the last thread to no response-if you somehow acquire the True Power in Wheel of Time jump, can you keep its effects along with the inherent corruption after the jump or do you lose them because the Dark One doesn't exist in your reality anymore?
>>
>>43979322
I would guess the later. You keep powers bought with CP by JC fiat, but things that you pick up on your own have the limitations inherent to them.
>>
>>43979330
Yeah, that sounds about right. Mainly I was wondering because technically the True Power is kind of a sort of corruption, something like Sauron's taint on orcs and trolls but on a much greater scale. The Dark One is basically Morgoth after all, if Morgoth was straight-up God's antithesis instead of merely a fallen servent.

And-I won't lie, I was mainly interested in the first place because I recall True Power'd Balefire is significantly more powerful than regular Balefire. Perhaps even powerful enough to blast through defences like the girl in Negima on whom Twilight Imperium is based on because conceptual destruction or something
>>
>>43979355
Isn't the Dark One's curse on the male half of the True Power dispelled during your ten years though, regardless?
>>
Speaking of the Wheel of Time-there's a lot of things to conjoin conjure out there but damn-weaves+psyker powers has to be up there in the Greatest Risk/Reward Ratio Jumpchain Hall of Fame somewhere.
>>
>>43979419
It's been a while since I've read up on that, but you're probably right. That said, I was thinking more of making a deal to tap that stuff with one of the Dark One's direct representatives, like Moridin. Try to stock up on as much as possible before it's time to jump ship.
>>
>>43979355

> was mainly interested in the first place because I recall True Power'd Balefire is significantly more powerful than regular Balefire.

Why exactly do you want a stronger version of a power that both the protect reality faction and the destroy reality faction thought using was a bad idea?
>>
>>43979441
Gotta bring your A-game if you're thinking of jumping 8-Bit Theater
>>
>>43979426
Would that work? Does CC allow you to combine psionics and magic in that fashion?
>>
>>43979441
If you're a permanent tourist, you never have to give a shit about where you're vacationing.
>>
>>43979439

There's two things that might help with this.

Changeling the Lost has Pact-Binder which lets you make contracts(the things Changelings get power from) with aspects of reality.

Touhou meanwhile has Maiden of Worshiped Wind which lets you make deals with gods for power.

Both of which should let you gain access to at least something like the Dark Power and keep it.

Alternatively Dresden Files has Job Offer which let's you work for a supernatural being to be granted some of their power, and then get to keep the power after skipping out on the job unless you find a new temporary employer. However it's only one at a time.
>>
>>43979483
I was under the impression Warp powers were more magic than psionics, anyway. That pyrokinesis we were talking about didn't sound like no psionics to me.

>>43979491
Thanks! I do have Pact-Binder, though I'm reasonably sure the Dark One's price would be something I wouldn't want to pay.

Alas, at this point my build has long passed over Touhou and Dresden without taking either perk. For that matter, I was under the impression for Maiden of Worshipped World that you don't keep the powers after you leave?
>>
>>43979511

It doesn't say if it's permanent or temporary, but most perks that let you gain powers let you keep them. So I assumed it would be the same.
>>
>>43979511
Psyker stuff is more psionic than magic. There is magic in 40k, maybe, but mostly things are described in such a way that is more psi than magic.
>>
>>43979483
They're both basically just channeling an exterior power pool inherent to that universe through your soul. Saidin even resembles the Warp a fair bit. And if Warhammer Fantasy is any judge, when the Warp spills through it's basically magic.
>>
>>43979487

I'd be less concerned about not leaving a mess and more about the potential side effects while still there.

Even with temporal paradox immunity causality getting damaged in hard to predict ways seems like it would be annoying. Then you have the things that might complain about the problems that unlike the Dark One and/or Creator might not be sealed away and/or absent.

Although I'm wondering what would happen if you spammed Balefire at Cultist-chan enough times in a row before she becomes useful, and how much of a mess that would make.
>>
>>43979535
>>43979545
>>43979545
>Saidin even resembles the Warp a fair bit.
Eh, only superficially because of the taint. Saidin and Saidar, the male and female sides of the Power, are part of the setting in the way physical laws are part of the world. The warp is, or was, contingent upon sapient life, its emotions and souls.

So you could have a verse devoid of life that had the Power, but you couldn't have a verse devoid of life that had the Warp.

Why three posts saying the same'ish thing?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
So I'm looking at the One Piece jump and kind of have a question. Does anyone know why Haki is so prohibitively expensive? I mean, all you really get out of it is a month training in Observation and Armament Haki and a doubled learning rate for Haki, the latter of which is really the only unique thing, but you pay almost the same cost as a Legendary Devil Fruit. It just seems to be costing a fair bit more then it's worth at 600cp.

Is there any chance of perhaps getting a price reduction or perhaps even just a discount to it?
>>
>>43979592
>One Piece
Eh, I just jumped it as a fanservicey vacation jump. Haki and fruit just seem overhyped to me.
>>
>>43979541
See I was never sure about that because in Warhammer Fantasy the Chaos Gods are apparently the same good ol' Chaos Gods as 40K and over THERE it's magic.

>>43979525
Fair enough. I had my own plans for absconding with the True Power-and to make something far stronger-anyway, just was wondering how permanent the "taint" actually is.

>>43979559
Honestly, if it wasn't for Jump Fiat I'd say that'd straight up kill her.

Even if she did survive I'd imagine the experience of being written out of the pattern would utterly traumatise even a servant of Chaos. So you'd end up with a broken girl terrified of interacting with you in any meaningful fashion.
>>
>>43979621

I was thinking less 'Can this kill her?' and more the effects it would have on reality.
Since balefire kills backwards in time the 'stuff' she did during that time period would get undone. She'd remain do to jump fiat, but there would be a gap in causality 'where' the events she caused during the burned away time would have been. So the next balefire if done immediately after would/should burn away an earlier moment than the previous one and/or do something really damn weird. Then if repeated again immediately after the results should repeat causing time to restructure at repeatedly earlier moments for even weirder results.
>>
>>43979483
Warp stuff is magic, it's just got something of the general psychic scifi stuff thrown in, but you can use warp powers without being a psyker through what is actually straight up called sorcery. Besides psyker powers are dependent upon your soul, not your mind.
>>
>>43979565
>The warp is, or was, contingent upon sapient life, its emotions and souls.
Well, in the sense that it was just a calm sea of energy (more like Saidar) that wouldn't really rate a title like "The Warp" before those got engineered to use it in conflict, sure.
But even without the Taint Saidin was pretty damn dangerous.
You could equate it as
Immaterium pre-War in Heaven : Saider. Nice place if you don't fuck around with it.
Immaterium around the end and for a while after War in Heaven: untainted Saidin (only with Enslavers). Dangerous, will kill you without care.
Once Chaos starts popping up: Tainted Saidin. Very dangerous, prolonged use will (in almost all cases) drive you nuts, though good luck getting that far because you're probably going to get killed long before then.
Meanwhile the "True Power" is basically just standard Servant of Chaos I FEEL THE WARP OVERTAKING ME! Daemon-chow grade stuff, do not use.
>>
>>43979565
>spoilers
Kept noticing text errors and realising I'd left stuff out. Need sleep.
>>
>>43979592
I think the pricing is a bit wonky partly because of how rare it seemed to be when the jump was made, and partly because it weights it towards Haki then adding on to get Conquerer's, when it would be a bit fairer a representation for the regular Haki to be cheaper, and then have the add-on cost more. Probably still the same total cost, but making regular Haki a viable purchase for companions to have in addition to their other stuff, (as with Zoro and Sanji) or to drop some drawback points on it, rather than having to spec towards Haki if you want any at all. Especially, as you point out, since you actually only get a month's training out of it. The learning speed buff by purchasing it is likely a major draw for getting it too.
>>
I'm looking at Spooky's House of Jumpscares, something is kind of weird about the Researcher path. Every perk except the third has a drawback, and the third is really specific in a way that doesn't seem useful for the Jump.

-You have a file on the monsters you encounter, but it can be tampered with.

-You can know something's weakness, unless it doesn't have one. If it doesn't, you're chilled to the bone unavoidably. You can't tell if a monster has a weakness.

-You can leave notes for people, which is referencing something from the game.

-You can do science if you're evil. It could backfire if you give yourself or anyone else powers.

No other path has tons of drawbacks like that.
>>
A very complainy thread lately. Wonder if it's the same person/group behind it whining so much. Makes it a lot less fun to hang around.
>>
>>43979930
I prefer to look at it as "a lot of people actually had time to do a build and decided to ask about it" but yeah, that's probably just the ratio of other content to complaints.
>>
>>43979930
I've noticed they tend to come up more in dry spells without any new jumps coming out. I think it might just be like internet cabin fever, a lesser version of what's perpetually going on in CYOA general.

Then there's one or two fags with a grudge against specific people instead of actual jumps, but that's another kettle of salt.
>>
>>43979930

Better than a hugbox - and while there are always some complaints that are just stupid whining, this thread's been mostly valid issues.
>>
>>43980024
Neither extreme's a good thing, really.

But I digress. I'm familiar with Blazblue; what sort of feats are Mages there capable of?
>>
Jumpers, what are the things you tend up assuming for purposes of Pokemon Trainer jump? Are Pokemon also raised for food or their fur/skins etc, if there is no regular animals?

When does your jump take place compared to Ash's adventure? Is he even there or is it more like Red? Do you follow pokedex facts or are they exaggerations? Did you try to learn Aura or psionics without having their perks, to see if you can(Gary learned limited psionics at Sabrina's gym)? How do you determine chances of finding and/or catching a legendary and whether or not you find a shiny? Do you do the fast evolution like anime or the "slow metamorphosis" like some stories do? If a pokemon lost a fang or an eye and it evolves, do the injuries carry over?
>>
File: ash at the aquarium.jpg (40 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
ash at the aquarium.jpg
40 KB, 960x640
>>43980132
>if there is no regular animals
But there are. Even some old pokedex entries mention normal animals.
>>
>>43980263
I wonder if smarter pokemon keep pets of regular animals, and make them battle for shits 'n giggles when they're not being made by their trainers to battles each other
>>
Babylon, what are the Aquil Lejens armed with? They're a really useful tribe and I'm going to train with them to increase my survival.
>>
>>43980285
And then those animals get smaller animals... no, they put the Pokemon world's tech to use so they all have digital pets. But not just pets, they base them on their cruel masters, so they have monsters that battle each other. Then they come to like their virtual creatures and they give them more forms, to show they're better than their masters. Then one day some of these artificial beasts escape the digital world they've existed in all this time and enter the 'real' world. All these descriptions get annoying though, we need a catchy nickname... They're digital, and they're monsters, so let's say they're called Talsters! No that's dumb. Digimon! And then the Digimon fight to defend their animal creators from the evil Pokemon, and once and for all decide the fate of Middle Earth. Remember, in the end; one shall stand, one shall fall.

Search your feelings, you know this to be true.

Quote quote quote. Reference.
>>
>>43980338
Somewhere there is a religious fanatic hamster with Stockholm syndrome for the mysterious giant who saved him from his Gyarudos master

He is also a genius hacker who created kazemon and ranamon in her image
>>
>>43977453
It's based on the Call Beads that the Leaders give you in the game, so those are a good example of the powers you'll get. It's definitely a form of evocation, though certainly a flexible one - Fire Eyes' powers are all direct attacks or healing, but the others have some more useful support abilities, like giving you a nearly-invincible force field, giving you a latent healing spell that will automatically trigger in the moment between receiving a fatal wound and when you bleed out, guiding your attacks to hit your enemies' weak spots, infecting your enemies with a plague, or temporarily driving your enemies insane. I'd say a short-lived golem wouldn't be out-of-place.

Anyway, everything about the place gets taken into account, but not in how you're asking. The Power of Imagination is based on your imaginary world, not the real one, so a magical location or a genius loci won't be stronger than a mundane place. However, your abilities will be evocative of those unique features, which might let you do something like make that short-lived golem.

As for limitations on location? Aside from "this place has to be one that truly captures your heart," there really isn't any. You could theoretically make an entire inner universe in there. Just keep in mind that bigger isn't better - you won't have stronger magic if your imaginary world is a planet instead of a garden, just different ones. Go with what fires up your imagination.
>>
>>43980132
>Are Pokemon also raised for food or their fur/skins etc, if there is no regular animals?
Not (usually) as food, and I doubt they're ever normally "farmed" as such, but slowpoke tails suggest that there are black market demands for some pokemon parts, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were more legitimate goods a well.

>When does your jump take place compared to Ash's adventure? Is he even there or is it more like Red?
Not sure, never looked.

>Do you follow pokedex facts or are they exaggerations?
Bit of a mix. Some are obviously false, or at least exaggerated, but others seem reasonable enough, or to be plausible legends.

>Did you try to learn Aura or psionics without having their perks, to see if you can
No. Bought Psionics, trained it, didn't have much interest in Aura.

>Do you do the fast evolution like anime or the "slow metamorphosis"
Fast. Anime and games both agree on it, so. Seems legit. Of course, without levels (or at least, any way to tell them) it's a gradual ramping up to the evolution, so it's a bit of a mix.

>If a pokemon lost a fang or an eye and it evolves, do the injuries carry over?
Depends on the evolution.
Wurmple -> Silcoon -> Beautifly would remove most injuries, though an eye might well remain damaged.
Something like an injured paw in a Vulpix -> Ninetales evolution would probably be compensated for to a fair amount by the increase of power the evolution provides, though some damage and scarring might remain.
>>
>>43980538
>Light of Terra Imaginary World
>Gain ability to cover things in golden hardlight bling
GIANT EAGLE STATUES FOR ALL!
>>
>>43980571
>Light of Terra
>not Bradeline's Well or Cosmogenesis
>>
How to become a hero in Pokemon.

Find a different evolution of Paras where the fungus doesn't take over its body and brain, stopping development of its body, apparently paras is a cicada larva
>>
>>43980623
so a nincada but keeping the small mushrooms?
>>
What jumps can you get Nanobots from?

I know Iji and Xcom, Ratchet and Clank, Endless Legend, Worm, Marvel, DC, Teen Titans, Warframe, Kim Possible, Generator Rex, Metal Gear, I think Deus Ex, and a few more I can't remember right now.
>>
>>43980598
NOT FABULOUS ENOUGH!
>>
>>43980646
GUNNM outclasses all of 'em. Worm nanothorns arguably have more attack power, Iji has some...esoteric applications and allegedly high-end Endless Legend nanites are capable of planetary scale magic system emulation, but GUNNM has the best nanites overall.
>>
File: 032.jpg (244 KB, 746x1100) Image search: [Google]
032.jpg
244 KB, 746x1100
>>43980691

>Worm nanothorns vs GUNNM

They're probably about equivalent - I don't recall a nanothorn blade per-se in GUNNM, but Molion Omigrey is basically just as destructive and can be thrown like smoke.
>>
>>43980646
Gargoyles had grey goo that was likely going to take over the world, and a perk that mentions being able to produce nanomachines. Gunnm though is about the best. SCP has various nanomachine things show up from time to time, though I don't think that any are purchasable.
>>43980691
Iji nanomachines have the main issue of, we don't see anyone use them to their full potential. Though they are used in such things as a personal shield that while it can certainly be argued it drove the person using it insane, it also made her immune to a planet destroying blast.
>>
File: photo.png (90 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
90 KB, 308x308
>>43980623
Well, given that the fungus hasn't taken over yet in the Paras stage, it would hypothetically be possible to get rid of it using antifungal agents.
Of course, bug physiology is a bit different from humans, and there's no telling how far entrenched the mushrooms already are. You might end up going through a few Paras. Maybe keep your research on the downlow from kids and Pokemon rights enthusiasts.
But. I see no reason why you couldn't do it.
After you get rid of the stuff, it's just a case of training it up by itself.

>>43980132
I guess I always assume the jump follows the plot of the games. So I guess that means it's Red and Blue, instead of Ash and Gary.
That's kindof a shame, because if Ash passed through my region I would totally follow him around for awhile. Maybe not through the whole journey, but I think at least a few episodes worth of adventures.
Also, I would totally ask for Jessie & James' autographs. Probably make their day in doing so.

> Pokedex
I follow the "wiki written by ten year olds" school. There's some nuggets of truth in there, because even ten year olds can do basic research, but there's also a lot of exaggeration. You have to take it with a grain of salt.

> Aura/Psionics
I am probably the only person in jumpchain who did not take a capstone.

> Legendary/Shinies
I don't. I assume my Pokemon are normal.

> Evolution
Fast.

> Injuries
I guess whatever's narratively appropriate? But I usually assume they carry over.
>>
File: Ummm well.gif (772 KB, 490x368) Image search: [Google]
Ummm well.gif
772 KB, 490x368
Tenno are a bunch of ancient children that where controlling the frames from the moon. The moon was thrown into the void by the Lotus to prevent the Sentients from killing the Tenno during the old war. Sentients can't go to the void for some reason. As of the last few quests a Sentent lord by the name of Hurhow was dug up by Tyl Regor on Uranus. Hurhow enlists the Stalker to help him fuck up the moon so the Stalker (who has a "the Tenno fucked up my life" grudge against them) and the Sentients can finally have the Tenno killed off. You end up in the void on the moon to prevent the stalker from killing your source of power off. You end up pulling the moon out of the void back into orbit around earth and take the source of your power, a Tenno in a suit, back to you Liset. This leads to you blasting Sentinals with hand lasers and your frame ripping the sword with Hunhow inside apart (not sure if Hurhow is dead or his influence over the stalker was cut). Lotus puts you in the magic sync chair (Ordis you lier) and you answer some questions for the new 5th power you've gained and can upgrade.

So umm are we getting an update to Warframe by any chance? I just randomly came across this and wondered if the person doing this will finish it.
>>
>>43979315
No, that's "you can only buy one." The jump was early enough I wasn't comfortable with the boilerplate.

Yesish. If you import them while being a Vault Hunter, they'll end up with an Action-Skill type ability that suits them, but there's no way to actually buy them the listed skills. At least not without using something from another jump to give it to them.
>>
>>43980646
Supreme Commander
>>
>>43980691
>allegedly high-end Endless Legend nanites are capable of planetary scale magic system emulation,
Not just allegedly, that's canon. If you look into Endless Space, they may be able to go a lot bigger in scale than planetary. They're technically not nanites, though; they're a lot smaller.
>>
>>43980646
Sim Ant can let you scale down your tech to ant size and still have it remain functional (though output is reduced). This effectively lets you make ridiculously more versatile nanomachines as you can make them a lot larger and then scale them down perfectly (just don't think about it too hard). G Gundam's DG Cells are a bit bigger than usual but are still pretty much the same thing. Also SG1 has human form Replicators, which are made of nanomachines.
>>
>>43980792
I...wha? I'm sorry, for a second there I thought you were summarising the latest Naruto developments

And-probably not, mib's been gone for ages.

>>43980743
>>43980727
Holy shit, I take it back-admittedly for GUNNM I just plain forgot about the deconstructor nanos. I now think Iji and GUNNM nanites stomp Worm's canon ones flat because the Entities put SOME restrictions on the Shards to prevent things like unshackled AIs from blitzkrieging them.
>>
>>43980908
So-femtomachines? Whoa.

And admittedly I'm unfamiliar with EL beyond what's written in the jump.
>>
>>43978708
Does Memories of the White King plus White Queen of the Unreal mean you'll remember your Memorandum and your future memories, or just what you're going to write in your Memorandum in the future? Either way, seems like an amazingly useful way to get around the fact that you lose your future memories when using the White Queen's power.

Also, I'm kind of wondering if that rattle is an automatic win against the Tweedles on the last day.
>>
>>43980646
Don't forget to pick up Miniaturizarion and Efficienct from Worm. No matter which you go with, they'll be smaller and better if you remake them using that power.

Seriously, that Shard is so good for a tech jumper it's kind of unfair.
>>
>>43981031
Mmm, it's a Tinker shard, so it's just knowledge, skill, talent and innovation. You can recreate its effects without it, it's just a very strong advantage.

I guess that could be said of all Worm powers though, since they are strictly physically grounded.
>>
>>43981135
That's true. I would say there are one or two so damn outlandish there's very little to compare: Path to Victory's "here's how you win" guidebook to the future implies a ridiculous amount of processing power far beyond any other form of precognition, Orbital Lock's pretty specific for what it does, Soft Physics would likely be incomprehensibly convoluted to facillitate and as ASA pointed out Sting probably uses ridiculous amounts of energy.
>>
>>43981135
Oh, and amongst all this-Complete Arsenal stands out since it's literally "this power splits up into three powers which are slightly weaker than the other ones on this list and are based on your immediate wants & needs" which is pretty unique.
>>
>>43980827
>Only one
Ok then.

>Imports get an acting skill
Cool, thanks. Since I'm a different background I guess I don't get that bonus then.
>>
>>43981135
I don't know - it's kind of hard to imagine being able to take Star Wars technology and say "I can fit the Death Star II's Superlaser into my Warehouse as a portal-powered superweapon" without wanking so hard your dick rips off unless you have it.
>>
>>43980948
>FOR POST JUMP
>Dust are not Nanites, they are Picoites. Even smaller and more advanced then nanomachines, empires spanning vast swaths of the Galaxy are still unable to fully understand or harness the power within these.
>The amount of knowledge to fully master and understand Dust was something held only by an empire that once spanned every arm of the galaxy. Maybe, with enough effort, study and research, you will uncover the mysteries of Dust. Do not expect it to be easy, or to be quick, but if you do, you will be on par with a race that once terraformed Auriga from a barren rock to the wonder it is now.

Mind you, if you look into Endless Space Auriga, while a laboratory the Endless used and thus pretty fancy, isn't top of the range of some of the stuff the Endless pulled.
>>
>>43981172
> Path to Victory's "here's how you win" guidebook to the future implies a ridiculous amount of processing power far beyond any other form of precognition
Honestly, I always sortof assume I'm capable of replicating that, but it DOES take a ridiculous amount of processing power. Then again, I have an entire Ar Tonelico tower connected to my warehouse, and entire wings of it have been dedicated to stuff like that. Over the millennia it has become a ridiculous behemoth of science. Dexter's Lab ain't got shit on me.
But it's probably also annoying to have to refer back to it every step of the way. Just getting Path to Victory gives you all that with an instant on call button linked directly to your brain. Much more economical, if you want to go that route.
>>
>>43980748
But have you tried to train the Aura or psionics the hard way in Pokemon instead?

The injuries question was asked because depending on answer you could get a pokemon, harvest stuff you need from it, feed it rare candy. Presto, all good. Although unethical unless they were under anesthesia.

I am planning to train with my Honedge. Pokedex says that they wrapped around your arm with the ribbon to drain your energy and potentially possess you, but if you are friends with it and its trainer... Who knows?

I think jump mentions it being more anime based. I would hang out with Ash for his legendary meeting luck so I meet Cresselia. She stops Darkrai-caused nightmares. Then I would talk with Team Rocket, get them to get their shit together, train them and have em follow their dreams or start their own organization. WHERE DID THEY GET THEIR MECHAS OR MONEY FOR EM FROM? And James had potential to be Poke trainer of strong variety. He just squandered it. That Cacnea was boss

Side notes:
Aura is technically soul power.
Bill managed to fuse himself kinda with pokemon.
Spiritomb is shitload of pokemon or human souls.
Mew is to Pokemon what Lilith is to humans or Adam to angels.

So if I combine all these facts and experiment a bit with my pokemo-
IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>>43981304
We Spiritang now?
>>
>>43981172
>Sting
Yeah, Sting could utilize infinite power generation, just keep on multiplying it across more and more of the multiverse. It's not really that great though. It's [nigh] infinite mass and dimensional shenanigans so it can't be stopped by other dimensional shenanigans. If your target can be hurt by kinetic energy then you just need to supply enough on your own, not much imagination required there, just need the appropriate supplemental tech to negate any space/time/etc defenses and there you go.

>>43981184
This is assuming you already have the tech to rival Worm powers, but you can trade control for time and effort by using time travel to give you the time to build the solution you need to the situation and then come back or divination/prophecy to have already built it.

>>43981226
>I don't know - it's kind of hard to imagine being able to take Star Wars technology and say "I can fit the Death Star II's Superlaser into my Warehouse as a portal-powered superweapon" without wanking so hard your dick rips off unless you have it.
It's not my thing so I don't know off hand, but I bet there's a setting that already has a weapon that can fit in the warehouse and blow up a planet, before adding jumper-science.
>>
>>43981342
It's surprising how much is possible to accomplish with right perks, even with pokemon as your first jump. Knowledge of setting + games + actual knowledge once you are there and ambition can help a lot.

Hell, in Manga Blake had some Mewtwo in his hand. Needed to be close to the fucker otherwise their bodies deteriorated
>>
>>43981360
>It's not my thing so I don't know off hand, but I bet there's a setting that already has a weapon that can fit in the warehouse and blow up a planet, before adding jumper-science.

Plus there are several sources of vast space expansion to the Warehouse.
>>
>>43981360
>going back and forth in time just to create the power you want

This sounds like a good way to kill yourself through temporal paradox or something.

>Sting

I think it was also pointed out Sting isn't just unfurling across the multiverse (and it certainly isn't infinite mass), but a specific form of energy that removes bonds on a sub-quantum level. Which was why after being stabbed by it Scion's avatar-body then exposed his hidden core after being blasted by Taylor's superweapon.
>>
>>43981172
>Sting probably uses ridiculous amounts of energy.
He does look to have an impressive metabolism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkREb1Zdb-w
>>
>>43981432
>This sounds like a good way to kill yourself through temporal paradox or something.
Good things there's perk's for avoiding paradox. But my attempt at a workaround: Go to a parallel dimension you haven't been to before first then travel back in time, do your thing, travel to the split second after you left then return to the dimension you care about; now you won't fuck up your own past, just some other schmucks', maybe, unless their past always had you in it. Fucking time travel.

Was it revealed whether Flechette got Sting from Zion or Cauldron/Eden? I would assume Cauldron/Eden but I don't remember it being said and don't see it on the wiki.
>>
>>43981534
Flechette's a natural trigger, not a vial, so she's either Zion or one of the very few Eden shards that were dispersed before she was killed.
>>
Since we're talking about Worm now, I just figured out what I think is a surefire, super-easy way to kill the Endbringers, and probably Scion as well.

Go ahead and take a shot.

Anyway, both Endbringers and Scion are so powerful because they're out of reach - If I recall correctly, the Endbringer material is super-fragile, it's just dimensionally layered umpteen-trillion times. Similarly, Scion can't be killed because he's just a projection - you're draining him like someone trying to spoon away a continent.

So what about using Worldwalker from Dresden Files to actually find where they're keeping their real bodies/real cores, and then leading a large group of heroes and volunteer villains to tear them apart where they're vulnerable? Obviously you'd need to take advantage of Scion's emotional vulnerability, but once you've got his real body you can cripple him with despair and then rip him tendril from tendril.

Am I completely off the mark with this?
>>
>>43981608
That works for Scion, but the Endbringers don't have a single alternate universe they store their reserve mass in. They're distributed over a lot of parallel worlds, so it would take longer and they'd be able to fight back during it.
>>
>>43981608
I have a quicker way: Telepathic mind magic attacks on their very consciousnesses until they keel over and stop moving.

>>43981534
Anon I'm not a saturday morning cartoon villain.

Granted I like to cosplay as 'em on some worlds, but there's having a nice evil laugh atop the death ray and then there's this.
>>
>>43981621
You go for the one holding the Core, not each individual piece. The only problem would be setting up the right thaumaturgical resonance to get to their Core World, but once you're there, that's when you smash them.

>>43981686
Not sure the Endbringers have brains as we typically know them, but I do know they can be pulverized.
>>
A few questions about Worm.
How does Coil's power work and what would be an effective way of taking care of him?
Finally what is Leviathan's land speed?
>>
>>43981534
Oh right-and no, I don't think it was specified. Zion did identy it specifically as an anti-Entity ordinance though, and given he's the Warrior of the pair seems more likely it used to be his.
>>
>>43981534
Actually, I didn't solve the problem there since you could still change the present of dimension 2 you experienced while you're in the past. What you'd want is alternate dimension travel that let you pick your time of arrival.
>>
>>43981722
>How and what

The Dragon Break perk in Elder Scrolls is pretty similar.

As for dealing with him-dream magic. Mess with his dreams to the point where he can't trust his own precognition.

>land speed

Don't think it's been officially given. Pretty sure he's faster than a PacRim kaiju but slower than Hercules from Toriko.
>>
>>43981722
>How does Coil's power work
People still like to argue about this. Wildbow made a statement about it not actually being alternate realities he gets to pick from. I think it's that his shard simulates the two timelines, including his choice of which one he will want, and then feeds the information on the other one to him in 1:1 time.
>>
>>43981721
Thing is, the core isn't an actual object. The core is just the part of their body where all matter that isn't being used for the rest is mirrored in- everything still is separate in other universes.
>>
>>43981721
There's a point in Worm that's written from Simurgh's PoV. It's pretty weird, but she does refer to the other Endbringers as her brothers and sisters. They definitely have minds to attack with Borrowing or spirit weaving or psionics even if they have no brains.
>>
>>43981608
On Scion my advice is instead of doing that collect some samples of his avatar and use it as a sympathetic link to spam curses along. Remember, even once his main body was revealed it took a tinkertech superweapon resulting from the forced cooperation of every living tinker to kill him. Going to his real body will also likely get his attention and may well activate some defenses if he's not comatose from grief. The sympathetic link meanwhile isn't something he should be able to understand and throwing fucktons of high power curses at him should eventually kill him.
>>
So noone tried to go for psionics or aura in pokemon jump without taking the perks?

Weird.

I mean, I know it won't be as powerful as the perk ones but it's still something to try to attempt.

Meanwhile, I will use my perk Aura and my Honedge wielding skills to fight things.
>>
>>43981722
Coil's power works by letting him split the timeline and make two contradictory choices at the same time. He can then collapse whichever timeline is less favorable to him, allowing him to appear as if he has the ability to control probability. Except that according to the author he's actually got a really weird form of precognition that perfectly simulates the entire universe for him at incredible speed, twice, and then whenever he chooses to collapse a timeline the one he chose to keep he automatically goes through the exact motions needed to make the real world match the precognitive vision in a fugue state. It's weird. The main way to beat him is to set up problems that aren't binary, since he can only have two timelines active at once. Have lots of backup plans and contingencies, all set to go off at once, so that even if he avoids the timeline in which one of them happen he can't stop the others.

As for Leviathan's speed on land, the answer is "fast enough". It's never been directly stated, but he's got enough speed that even when jobbing as the Endbringers are want to do, he's still too fast for anyone but the strongest Movers to be able to engage him directly.
>>
>>43981828
Is Scion's body in one Dimension or is it spread out like the Endbringers?
>>
>>43981722
>How does Coil's power work and what would be an effective way of taking care of him?

The simplest method of taking him out essentially comes down to either tricking him into keeping a doomed timeline or killing him from stealth.

For example, he commonly splits the timeline so that one side can work all night and the other can get a good night's rest - so if you find his civilian home and infect him with a time delayed poison without his awareness, then he's fucked.

Now, because WoG is that he doesn't actually split timelines, at any time that Coil is really sleeping, he's vulnerable and it doesn't even matter. When you find him at his home and kill him, he's really going to die - because IIRC the jump gives you immunity to his precog so his simulation cannot take your action into account.
>>
>>43981865
Scion's all in one dimension, for some reason. Presumably it has some advantage for him to be doing it that way, but what that advantage is I don't know.
>>
>>43980792
So Tenno are children in pods controlling the Warframes? So what happens when you swap Warframes? Now that they're back, are they back in the suits or still remote piloting?
>>
>>43981854
I spent my time studying and then working for a pokemon tech company and training to be a move tutor. I guess I would know the theory on how to perform psychic and aura type moves, but actually building up the 'muscle' wasn't a goal and probably didn't have time.
>>
>>43981722
Follow him around invisibly for two or three day's then kill him at a specific time. He never let's a path go on longer than that, this will ensure your in both his paths.
>>
>>43981887
>>43981955
Would be pretty funny when a Jumper goes to kill him and he wakes up to talk to Dinah.
>"What is the chance I will be killed today?"
>"One hundred percent... Candy?"
>>
>>43981854
>Honedge wielding skills

You know those things will turn on you if you try to actually Sword with them right?
>>
>>43981887
>the jump gives you immunity to his precog so his simulation cannot take your action into account.
Nope.
>This works on all shard/entity derived precog, your peculiar inter-dimensional nature just messes up their ability to predict you. Coil is an exception due to the weird nature of his power.

Unless you're talking about the Drop-In capstone, in which case I have no idea.
>>
>>43981865
The main processing unit is in a single dimension by my understanding. That's what they blew up in canon to kill him. Notably it did not destroy most Shards and actually caused some others that he had been using to go into the pool of ones looking for hosts. Basically they made him a vegetable, still technically alive if you count the Shards but with no conciousness or brain activity.
>>
>>43981973
Only if they don't like you.
>>
>>43981967

Pretty much - he'd probably call for a favour from Cauldron if pushed that hard, or try and figure out how to persuade the Jumper to not kill him.

I mean, personally I don't even care about killing him. The Dinah situation is fucked up, but it's hardly the worst thing done in Worm.

Coil's a bastard, but he's not actually a bad leader, and his whole scheme is a Vault-Te- Cauldron experiment in parahuman feudalism for the post-Zion recovery.

>>43981991

Ah, you're right - however Coil's precog is actually the same as any other precog's, it's just implemented differently.

So it depends on if you go by the WoG version or the original timeline-splitting version that that line seems to be bvased on.
>>
File: Fallen London Jumpchain beta.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fallen London Jumpchain beta.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Now seems as good a time as any to try this.

Link any criticisms or balances to this post, I'm gonna crash now.
>>
>>43982016
Really? I was pretty sure They didn't let humans hold them
>>
>>43982064
If you play fallen London could you pick up and pod your character?
>>
>>43982068
Not if you are good enough friends, man. And even if they possess you or such, It would be a good experiment and would explain my bloodthirstiness. Especially if I have armor made from dark type hides or such.

Honedge? More like SOUL edge.

Also, Aura-based attacks channeled through Honedge. Especially since Dark Pulse and such seem to use Aura somehwat so I can try that...

GETSUGA.... TENSHOU!
>>
>>43982064
Neat! Time to write love letters for a giant space crab.
>>
>>43982064
Thanks Clover, looks good.
>>
>>43982027
By my understanding it's partially because it effectively doesn't give advanced information, meaning the immunity isn't as important, and because it would be troublesome to try and write out what happens when he tries to follow one timeline and runs into the jumper. As for disposing of Coil just point out to Cauldron that he works on Scion and the Endbringers. Them getting a best out of two on Endbringer fights or the ability to test strategies and power combinations with no risk would be completely invaluable. He'd likely get the Doormaker treatment extremely fast.
>>
>>43982096
Are you cool with everyone else who jumps it brutally murdering your character for being a horrible person? Do you like potatoes? Because seriously that's very dangerously close to multiplayer.
>>
>>43982064
What exactly does it mean for the Fists of Judgement perk that "your arms will turn on your own defenses with none left"? Does that mean it's an active ability and not a passive buff, and that if you leave it on for too long it reduces your own durability?
>>
>>43981722

>How does Coil's power work and what would be an effective way of taking care of him?

According to Wildbow it's some weird what if precognition ability that he thinks is reality splitting.

Considering this it's technically impossible for the jumper to be in the 'dropped' timeline. It does however give me an idea for an amusing way to potentially solve the Coil problem.

Step 1 . Get the drawback where people know about your nature
Step 2 . Get the Worm item
Step 3. Get the Little Black Book
Step 4. Schedule a meeting with Coil where you reveal that the only reason he hasn't been in a 'bad timeline' was sheer dumb luck.
>>
>>43982064
What are the chances of a person finding Karak, Ogami, Droleuse and Eaten's Kiss in-universe? Not necessarily actually getting them, just a glimpse is fine.

Looks good though, and it's not just my need for special eyes speaking.
>>
>>43982096
Every time, man. Every time I think you've said the dumbest shit ever, you find a way to surprise me by digging deeper.
>>
>>43982232
>Are you cool with everyone else who jumps it brutally murdering your character for being a horrible person? Do you like potatoes? Because seriously that's very dangerously close to multiplayer.

How so? I'm asking if a character in The game exists in the jump.
>>
File: JUST THIS ONCE.png (238 KB, 714x404) Image search: [Google]
JUST THIS ONCE.png
238 KB, 714x404
>>
>>43982512
You know you really should get a few more images, it's quickly ceased to be "just this once".
>>
>>43982232
>>43982457
Okay just to clarify I mean each jumper picking up their Own character if they play fallen London not being able to pick up anyone else's
>>
>>43982582
Eh fair enough, I just keep hoping it'll stick and people will stop feeding him.

I'll get some new material.
>>
>>43982137
>As for disposing of Coil just point out to Cauldron that he works on Scion and the Endbringers. Them getting a best out of two on Endbringer fights or the ability to test strategies and power combinations with no risk would be completely invaluable. He'd likely get the Doormaker treatment extremely fast.

Cauldron are Coil's backers. They already know all about him - he's basically working indirectly as part of their testing out parahuman leadership structures.

And his ability does technically gain advance information, it just deals it out in real-time.

I think it's fairly clear the Worm jump was going by the actual dimension-creating and destroying version that was originally presented - or at least, that was what Coil thought it was, possibly because of his giant ego.
>>
>>43982064
>Mandatory – Never shall the two meet
>If you have taken Sunless Sea or will take it you cannot interact with yourself. The Zee flows in strange ways, days may flow into weeks, weeks may take mere hours. Always away.
This seems to affect you outside this jump and that drawback is one I could almost never accept permanently, so that pretty much instantly means I'll never actually use your jump in my chain, even considering I don't set my chain in stone so I'm not worried about already being disqualified, which it appears you can be.

>Master ranks require one of their corresponding Master Qualities to purchase.
Maybe I missed something, but I don't think it says what Master Qualities are, I assume they would be the 500cp ones.

And even after reading the notes section I'm still not totally clear on what the downside of Fists of Judgement does.
>>
>>43982064
This looks pretty amazing. Just one quick question - for the ability scores, does the +0 reduce you to this level if you're stronger than it, or is it just that you're not getting anything useful out of it?
>>
>>43982757
All it's saying is that the Sunless Sea jump is effectively going to be a different continuity. That's pretty common when there are multiple jumps in the same setting.
>>
>>43982757
I'm pretty sure it's only supposed to apply to your FL and SS selves. If not in letter, then in spirit.
>>
>>43982782
>>43982785
Oh haha, yeah, that's clearly what it's supposed to be. I mixed up the names and thought it was referring to itself.
>>
>>43982457
It's actually not that bad a question. Way back when we were first getting started people were curious about what would happen if you jumped a world with a character you customized, like Courier Six.
>>
File: 26034527-303-428.png (132 KB, 303x428) Image search: [Google]
26034527-303-428.png
132 KB, 303x428
>>43982849
Oh! Oh! I remember that conversation! There was some discussion about their morality, whether they'd be psychopathic or not, if it's better to avoid them, that sort of thing.
I remember because I said something to the effect of "it probably varies a little based on the game". Like, assuming that the PC does all the quests, then it slants a bit depending on what the majority of the questlines are like, morally.
Like in Skyrim a lot of the quest lines are quite frankly horrifying and involve wanton murder, sacrifice, and cannibalism. If you do all the quests then your character is not a good person.
Conversely, if you went to Fallout 4, the quest lines that I've seen so far skew WAAAY towards the idealistic side of things, so Nate & Nora are probably pretty okay people to hang out with.

Geez, that was back before I was even a Konata. That conversation was a longass time ago.
>>
realized I forgot to upload the 40k update, so thanks to whoever it was who did
>>
>>43982642
They know the generalities but they probably don't know that he's specifically able to model Endbringers and Scion. Most thinker powers don't work on them and it probably just slipped through. I doubt they know it because otherwise they'd be having him used in every Endbringer fight. And no, the jump specifically goes off the precog version, he just got an exemption from the precog immunity to save headaches.
>>
>>43983058
No problem Kanon it wasn't much trouble.
>>
>>43983352
>And no, the jump specifically goes off the precog version, he just got an exemption from the precog immunity to save headaches.

Hm. What headache does it save? Coil's ability would just not notice you.

When he runs into you he'd lose control of the other timeline, be unable to collapse the timeline away from you, and he'd probably get a huge headache.

It's not really different from getting immunity to the Path.
>>
File: Anti+Spiral.jpg (12 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Anti+Spiral.jpg
12 KB, 500x281
>>43982064
Drawbacks: Meddolesome Masters, Attention of the Fingerkings (1600)

Rolled Spite

Scholar, Age 22

An Ambition of Truth and Light

Dreams of Praise

Timekeeper's Candle (Free)
Mirror Polished Shoes (Free)
Connections: Hell, Clay Men (Free)
Watchful Level: Great Mind (1350)
Master Detective: J'accuse (1100)
Correspondance Course (900)
Prismatic Laboratory (Free)
Master Academic: Eureka! (650)
Arcanist's Library (Free)
Tame Sorrow Spider (600)
Proven Socialite: M. Butterfly (300)
Wailing Wax Cylinders (100)
Semiotic Monocle (0)

This adventure is…unique. Our driving goal is not manipulation or analysis, conquest or discovery. Our hand is stayed neither by ambition, nor ennui.

No. No, the cornerstone of our stay here is…love.

It is rare for us to be moved by the plight of another. It is even rarer for us to feel obliged to act against our nature on their behalf. It is unheard of for us to do so because of forbidden love but-we have been attached to Cosmic Fire for longer than some civilisations have lasted. There’s nothing wrong with the Bazaar getting it on with a single star. And even we must admit, it would be hypothetical for us to oppose free love considering…er…previous relationships and certain working arrangements with certain individuals revolving around our marriage to the star-fires.

It seems, therefore, that the nature of the Masters’ involvement takes a slightly odder turn. We imagine Mr Wines will be ecstatic, whilst all the other Masters will either start panicking like the space bats they are or possibly just facewing in disbelief. To say nothing of the Fingerkings’ panic when they realise the nature of our relationship, or Hell’s jubilation. And above all else-like any good husband/partner/boyfriend/symbiote/allied principle we will NOT permit any threat against our partner, and we will end the Calendar Council in a manner that will ensure no one ever raises a hand to her again.
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
>>43983404
But that matters not. For now that we speak the Correspondance, we have an opportunity to be closer than ever with our partner. So we will share with Mr Wines the epic saga of our courtship in Civilisation, the battles we fought together, all the highs and lows shared by a man who coped with reality by rejecting it and the concept of stellar ignition who became a woman out of curiosity. And then-we shall speak to her directly on this matter. Though it seems for now we disagree, no relationship is smooth sailing and it is only fair for us to hear out why she has condemned the Bazaar before we remind her that love can boom between man and star.

And of course-all’s fair in love and war! Songs from a dozen worlds will serenade our discourse. Rare elements crafted from our hands and will to tantalise her palate as we temper her wrath with the gentle caress of our own incandescent passion, the shifting of solar winds belying the tension within her incandescence. As our subdivided aspects explore the nooks and crannies of London town so too will they create art representing our union in times past. And as she rails against the injustice of defying the natural order, the exquisite scent of aetheric quintessence will permeate the darkness between stars.

For to the patient and resourceful, anger is merely a prelude to deeper passions.

And when all is done and settled, at the end of our stay here we shall ascend from this squalid grotto, put on our Sunday best and dance with her to the music of the spheres.
>>
>>43983400
Figuring out how the heck it resolves. Remember that the shard models out both paths and autopilots him through the chosen one. So from there you have to figure out what happens if Coil's power is wrong. Where most precogs being invisible to them is relatively straightforward for Coil it's a lot more difficult to resolve.
>>
>>43983364
Speaking of 40k, the finale jump.
>OPEN CALL FOR SUGGESTIONS
NEED DRAWBACKS AND OFFICERS FOR YOUR FLEET
>>
>>43983479
Ideas for Officers
1.Caiaphas Cane From the series of novels of the same name,Good for morale and He will Most likely find a way to keep you alive,Gunner First Class Ferik Jurgen Comes along with Him as a bonus.
2.Creeeeed!
3.Random ork Warboss With a bomb collar,Not the best strategist but his boyz work as reinforcements For you.
4. An inquisitor who Owes you just enough favors to call one Exterminatus If you ask nicely.

Drawbacks
1.Commissar fuklaw Has deemed you extra heretical, and comes after you with the Angry Marines At his back.
2.Jurgen Is assigned as your personal aide, You lose the jump if he goes more than A football field away from you or dies.
4.You landed on a tomb world That fully awakens the moment you hit the ground, good luck.
>>
>>43983479
>drawbacks

Keep bumping into warpstorms
Frequent mutinies
Frequent boarding actions by astral beasts and other warp nasties
Fuel burns out at an alarming rate
Something about the Tyrant Star

>officers

Ex-IG veteran who likes blamming people
Rogue Trader quartermaster, and general jack of all trades
SoB who likes flaming people
Techpriest who may or may not have signed on specifically to look at your extrauniversal tech
That one guy who's into heresy, daemonic or otherwise, but more or less knows what they're doing.

>>43982251
>>43982757
>Fists of Judgment

I think it is meant to be an active ability, yeah. If I'm reading it right, it means if you run out of enemies it'll start to rend you as well
>>
File: NWA.jpg (60 KB, 600x612) Image search: [Google]
NWA.jpg
60 KB, 600x612
>>43982096
Bancho,

>you cannot interact with yourself

You do realise podding is a form of interaction right?
>>
>>43983760
The context made it read like Your jumper could interact with your jumper from the sunless Sea jump not That you couldn't interact with your player character.
>>
>>43983695
In order
1/2. Gotta be careful with established characters to avoid fucking with the setting. CIAPHAS CAIN would be the more likely of the two.
3. More likely freebooter since there's a big space focus here, but yes to orks.
4. Maybe not exterminatus, but getting inquisition on board seems good.
1. Have something more broad for that.
2. Odd gimmick, though not impossible.
3. You start in space.
>>43983708
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. ties into 1 somewhat
4. Resource issues
5. Maybe

1. Yes
2. YES
3. Something for Ecclesiarchy
4. Prolly
5. Yes
>>43983760
he seems to mean interacting with chars that players have made in the game
>>
>>43983760
Strictly speaking, your PC in the actual game isn't you.
>>
>>43981863
>>43983446
Did Wilbow actually say the fugue state part? That doesn't seem necessary if the shard can actually predict as well as it's supposed to. It doesn't need to remote control him, it just needs to deceive him, and since it is directly inputting an entire additional human experience into his brain, that wouldn't be hard. He thinks he is making decisions about two different timelines, but his brain is just thinks it's experiencing two, the shard just has the actions corresponding to the timeline he will choose actually go to his body, whereas the actions he wants to take in the discarded timeline play out in his head.
>>
File: dudewat.jpg (156 KB, 1185x720) Image search: [Google]
dudewat.jpg
156 KB, 1185x720
>>43983786
>player character

...what? Fuck son, that image was appropriate.

No you retard, I meant that "If you have taken Sunless Sea or will take it you cannot interact with yourself" means quite clearly your JUMPER cannot interact with any iteration of your JUMPER despite any ongoing time shenanigans in the setting.
>>
>>43983841
I think he forgot to put a not after that first could.
>>
>>43983841
Sorry that was dictation messing up, couldn't Became could.

That's what I'm saying! I agree that your jumper cannot interact with your jumper,I'm Asking if your jumper can interact with your sunless sea or fallen London PC,Not even anyone else's just yours.
>>
>>43983812
>Bare in mind the finale isn't human-centric, officers can be any species or faction
>>
>>43983479
A full non sharded C'tan is after you, or has otherwise decided to spend all of it's time fucking with your shit.
>>
>>43983878
yes
>>
>>43983870
Oh.

Fair enough.

As far as I can tell though, at the moment meeting your PC isn't a thing in the jump as is. Maybe you can convince Clover to add it in, maybe not.

Not that I have a vested interest, since I haven't played Fallen london.
>>
>>43983921
I have, and frankly I don't want to pod my character. Catalina de Castillo is not a nice lady. I'm perfectly fine with her not being in the version of Fallen London I visit.
>>
>>43982064
>Your concentration has been honed through constant battle. Should your opponent miss their mark, your next blow will carry with it the damage they would inflict

Er...dare I ask if this would work on Ea? Or a nuclear missle? Or on the many missed plasma rounds/bullets/checmical weapons in a 40K firefight? Can you dodge forever and waste an army?

/just kidding

I'm sure you mean like, mundane melee and ranged attacks in a 1v1 duel. Just might wanna word that better.
>>
I see anons complaining that anons don't know how to use real eater properly.

Give examples of it being used properly then
>>
>>43980132
I bought both Aura AND Psionics. I can beat people up with my mind AND my body! Also with ki I guess.
>>
>>43976304
In the background for Hooligan Tuesday it mentions an inquisitor sending an expedition - there are pockets of those guys still alive, they just don't know where they are or why or even what they were trying to repair or who it was for. One of the transports was being used by the Inquisitor, the other was docked with the repair station you get the LoT to at the end of part 1 and the retaliation was already aboard the LoT.

The LoT has a dark age of technology guidance system that allows warp travel without a navigator and it can be used to plot out a route that can be programmed into the cogitators of other ships.

>>43976477
Depends on how much experience you have with logistics and keeping groups organised. With everyone working together and a giant beetle that never rests and only repairs things it wont be an incredibly long time, maybe a few years. You don't need the ship to be perfect, you just need it capable of making it to the repair station. If you were feeling really, really, really lucky you could theoretically just patch up the Gellar Field and the warp engine and make the trip.

>>43980310
Think in terms of ye ancient greek hoplites. Splint mail, short one handed stabbing spear and shield for up close with a big two handed polearm for shield wall funtimes with a tiny, tiny handful of elites wearing ancient IG flak armour and waving a lasgun.
>>
>>43980748
Pokemon Yellow is a thing, so if you really want you can always assume a Red/Ash hybrid and Jessie and James.
>>
>>43984123
Well, it's meant to convert abilities to their equivalents in both theme and overall utility. So for example, turning a speed boost into a strength boost would be appropriate, since that's roughly as useful and still sticks to theme of "physical enhancement". Another acceptable use would be something like turning pyrokinesis into cryokinesis, as those are also thematically linked. My general guideline for it is "if I was writing a story about a mirror universe version of this person, would these powers make sense for them to have or would it be a weird AU that had nothing to do with canon?".
>>
>>43982064

Looking fantastic, really digging this - going to have the play the damned game now.

Some gems I've noted:

>Expert Duelist – Return Fire: Your concentration has been honed through constant battle. Should your opponent miss their mark, your next blow will carry with it the damage they would inflict.

>Master Monster Breeder: The Pinnacle of the Art. You can breed any sort of animal with each other should it be a breeding pair. Breed two lions to make a super lion. Breed a lion and eagle to make a griffon. Unfortunately, either the spawn is sterile or the parents do not survive.

>Master Artist – Emotional Exhortation: Art is meant to stimulate emotion. You have now perfected such stimulation and can force specific emotions with your art and craft. Masks that inspire terror, songs that weep with joy, sculpture that tires. Your work is now immune to misinterpretation.

>Master Socialite – Words That Wound: Indignation and outrage have become your sword and spear. Your insults and spite have changed social damage into physical injury, your words can break bones, scar or set them aflame. They must be relevant to the target, said with emotion.

And then there're the items - the soul spoon, Droleuse and Eaten's Kiss are very cool.

You've cursed me, cursed me with drawbacks and suffering.
>>
>>43984147
Although Savant is quite useful for learning in general. It makes it more likely you will succeed in learning either Aura or Psionics perk less, you just need guides or pointers or such to do it. And there are always Lucarios, psychic pokemon, that guy who was an Aura Guardian and Sabrina.

Meanwhile, I am a savant Honedge wielding Kamen Rider in suit from Dark and Bug pokemon body parts so fuck being held through psychic powers, yer invincible.

Now to learn equivalents of Fighting moves like Maylene and with this combo, time to fuck up Darkrai for causing me nightmares.

Hell, I think wielding Honedge or it's evolutionary forms would draw out more power depending on skill of wielder, as now they can enhance themselves through life energy of wielder, use their bodystrength for slashes, using their own propulsion to add more force, etc. they can focus more onto her stuff.

Aegislash and it's shield provide good defense
>>
>>43984280
Savant didn't interest me too much. All the gunplay talk bored me out of it, I'm not big on guns. Don't dislike 'em, I just find them boring. I picked up photographic memory elsewhere.
>>
>>43982064
This is absolutely incredible - you captured the feel of the game/setting perfectly.
>>
>>43982064

>Master ranks require one of their corresponding Master Qualities to purchase.

What does this mean? Does it mean that you need to buy the capstone for the general background abilities?
>>
>>43984328
I didn't care about gun either, it's the memory, learning and math stuff that got me.
>>
>>43984410
Ditto. But then, Pokemon was a jump where I desperately wanted to get all the capstones.
>>
>>43984426
To me, the only one you can't earn normal way is:
Masterballs
Hypervisor
Thrustpack(seems too advanced for pokemon)
Infinite fuel motorcycle

Savant(you can't learn this)
Aura?(it SEEMS like you need to have this special thing in you to learn this, unlike psionics. So you can't learn it otherwise)
>>
>>43982064
This is... Marvellous. Delightful. Stunning. It's almost like I am playing Fallen London again. Thank you so much.

I should get back in there. Heard they are having some big changes recently, and some huge Elder Continent campaign.
>>
>>43984344
Hey you doing okay?
>>
>>43984234
>take master artist and master socialite
>talk your enemies to death, while they're begging for more.
I love it.
>>
/jc/ how do I get senpai to witness me?
>>
File: FlyingRockets.png (113 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
FlyingRockets.png
113 KB, 400x300
>>43984497
>Thrustpack (seems too advanced for pokemon)
They have fully flight capable jetpacks. They could probably make smaller, weaker ones too.
>>
>>43984827
Well first you will need to collect some rope, a pair of eye speculums, and probably a sturdy chair. Next you need to find Senpai when they are alone without anyone nearby, though if you can't figure out the rest on your own, I don't think senpai will ever notice you.
>>
>>43984827
>witness me
Ride shiny and chrome, and refuse to be mediocre.
>>
>>43984840
Holy shit,

I didn't keep up on my anime watching of pokemon. So they could have these thrustpacks... Even better, jetpacks.

That cut down on my CP costs.

The infinite fuel motorcycle, though. ALWAYS useful
>>
>>43984930
>>43984827

Rescue Immortan-sempai's harem and he will carry you personally to the gates of Valhalla
>>
File: MS5_01_spr.gif (154 KB, 231x479) Image search: [Google]
MS5_01_spr.gif
154 KB, 231x479
Anybody know where a guy can pick up some puppet-based powers?
>>
>>43985523
1.Get some powers
2. go to Skullgirls And Pick up the things that Themes powers
3.Theme your powers after puppets.
>>
>>43985523
Have you checked the Spooky's House of Jumpscares jump?
>>
>>43985666
I have, Satan, but I'd like something a bit more concrete. I hear Naruto has something a bit more concrete? Is that true?
>>
>>43985705
Yes. Puppeteer ninjas are a thing in that. They use strings made of chakra to bring to life and control killer puppets packed full of nasty gadgets.
>>
>>43985523
Puppetry powers are certainly not outside of the scope of what Stands can do.
>>
File: image.gif (996 KB, 500x479) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
996 KB, 500x479
>>43985523
Naruto has one, allows you to use up to three puppets.

One Piece String-String Fruit allows you to make people act like puppets.

FEAR has meat puppet super-soldiers, you mentally pull their "strings".
>>
13. Changeling: The Lost
Origin: Drop-In, AoA: 21, TSiA: 7 years, TPoE: 6 years
Seeming: Beast, Kith: Truefriend/Oracle, Court: Spring
Merits: Wyrd, Glamour, Clarity, Another Kith (-200), Oneiromancer (-100), Pledgesmith (-300), Expert Talecrafting (-400)
Contracts: Contract of Dreams 1 (-75), Contract of Hours 1 (-75), Contracts of the Wild 1 (-50)
Items: Cell Phone, Street Clothes, Fairy Garden (-25), Healing Fruit (-25), Hidefruit (-50)
Companion Import to Changeling (-200)
Drawbacks: Fetch'd, Glamour Addiction (+100), Red Badge Target (+200), IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-DUEL (+200)

Chimmy: Beast Seeming, Steepscrambler/Fireheart Kith, Summer Court, Another Kith (-200), Light Sleeper (-100), Hollow (-100), Red Badge Target (+200)
Falco: Darkling Seeming, Lurker/Witchtooth Kith, Summer Court, Another Kith (-200), Danger Sense (-100), Eidetic Memory (-100), Red Badge Target (+200)
Gotsu: Ogre Seeming, Stonebones/Earthbones Kith, Summer Court, Another Kith (-200), Giant (-200), Hollow (-100), Glamour Addiction (+100), Red Badge Target (+200)
Lexington: Ogre Seeming, Farwalker/Smith Kith, Fall Court, Another Kith (-200), Danger sense (-100), Eidetic Memory (-100), Red Badge Target (+200)
>>43984328
I took Savant because it's really useful in drawing pictures and that's how I document my trips through jumps, in doodles and comics with notes.
>>
WHOOOOOOOO!

Who is the strongest jumper after 3 jumps, anon? Pokemon trainer doesn't count as a jump.
>>
>>43986209
You are, since you're the only jumper in a non-multiplayer game. Go get yourself a beer.
>>
>>43986209
Likely one of the anons that took Light of Terra that early, I know that there are a few that did. I mean Light of Terra is technically single jump, with eight parts(chaos is pleased I am sure).
>>
>>43986209
it's u bby
>>
File: 1411087076024.gif (8 KB, 259x231) Image search: [Google]
1411087076024.gif
8 KB, 259x231
>>43986232
>>
File: merr christmas from jho.png (292 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
merr christmas from jho.png
292 KB, 1280x800
>>43986232
Aw yeah! I'm gonna go get some delicious nog.
>>
File: tumblr_lolfo60HXC1qzqx3bo1_400.png (131 KB, 394x374) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lolfo60HXC1qzqx3bo1_400.png
131 KB, 394x374
>>43980502
>Gyarudos

Gyarados
>>
File: W Dress.jpg (239 KB, 850x1208) Image search: [Google]
W Dress.jpg
239 KB, 850x1208
>>43982064
Have to say - this is the first jump that got me to start the build, nearly finish it, then scrap the whole thing and start again. Very nearly went Watchful. Absolutely exceptional.

Charmer: I can never resist charisma builds. D_mn it.

Persuasive x5 (250): Why, thank you kindly. That's a good start.

An Ambition of Glory: Fame? Fortune? Glory? Whyever not.

Dreams of Praise: Dreams to fit, and the perks are subtle and good.

Artist x5 - Song and Drawing (200): How wonderful. I do find myself enthralled by your descriptions, truly.
Socialite x5 (250): Not mere charisma, but knowledge of speechcraft, and now my eldritch self can kill by speaking softly with passion. Exquisite.

A Thing About Names: Let us go with... The Kindly Lady.

Aunt’s Best Tea Set: Tea to remember the past by. Something to prepare for Featherine's arrival.
Exile’s Apiary: Dreams inducing drug? An acceptable riddle to look into.
Exotic Drinks Cabinet: Horsehair and peach liquor? My word! Well, maybe just a sip...

Honey-Blooded (200): My blood is many things. Now it's even more – and has its permanent perks, too.
Melancholia (200): Kindness and melancholy do often go near.

The Great Game: Great nations...
Society: ...And their elite. What's not to like?

Secular Missionary (300): Ah Mr Veils, you spoil me! I do love these pictures of innocence, skin deep and true alike.

Light of the Empire (200): Alas, one can not ask Judgements to grant two gifts. Correspondence was such a wonderful possibility, too.

+200 Jack (of Smiles)'s New Best Friend: Ah yes, the famous Jack. Let this friendship be long and fruitful.
+400 Meddlesome Masters: Dangerous or lowly, their tasks are sure to be all sorts of amusing.

Ah, Fallen London. Such a wonderful place. One of the most interesting cities this side of eternity. Full of wonders, adventures and mysteries.

Be mine.
>>
>>43986209
Someone who does this:

0: Pokemon Trainer
1: Infamous
2: A Certain Scientific Railgun
3: Civilization for 12,500 years

After twelve and a half thousand years of practice with your esper/infamous powers, you should be pretty obscenely powerful in a minimum of jump iterations.
>>
>>43986398
Or do as i did and take One Piece and Hellsing.
After that, there's not a lot of things that can threaten you.
>>
Feel like writing, so here goes.
>As I expected, it started with the headache. Not the dull throbbing of the temples, mind you, this was more like someone trying to pull my brain stem out through my mouth. I've never really gotten used to it, or maybe it's just gotten steadily worse; but I suppose the human brain never was meant to handle what my very existence put it through, so I wrote it off as the price of doing business.

>Mercifully it doesn't seem to take long before I'm fully reinserted into reality. Pity that the clarity it allowed was enough to realize the real problems at hand. First was that I couldn't recall a single thing between the end of my last jump and now, which shouldn't happen unless my introduction was waking up in a back alley.
The second was just where I found myself...
>>
>>43986107
In my chain, here is how the benefactor and I decide my perks: All my companions and I are on one side of the table, and our Jumpchan is on the other, and the table is somewhere in the world in which I'm arriving. And we talk things out. Occasionally she'll show things to make our journey easier or to explain how a power works. There are no documents, just conversation. My companions insisted in staying with me the whole time, regardless of my arguments. I hope they've learned what putting loyalty before listening gets them.

At least we suffered together, I tell myself while Falco refuses to get out of the closet, yelling about how the sun will ruin her dark works, or when I have to try and get Chimmy down from a tree because he's convinced the local dogs are hobgoblins and will "burn all you motherfuckers and privateers to the ground" while knocking everyone away with airbending. or that we were kicked out of a mortal therapy group because Gotsumon hid among the rocks at a zen garden and claimed that she'd only leave this place when she received the flesh of a firstborn child, or when Lexington immediately went about looking for some. I had to take care of them, had to learn all I could about their futures to get them through this.

The whole time we're being investigated, and things just get worse. None of us know a damn thing about Houston and I'm the only one who knows about the World of Darkness in general. We have mysterious powers not related to contracts and not nearly enough sanity early on to keep it a secret. Telling them about Jumpchan immediately got us labeled loyalists, so it quickly became another jump spent on the run.

The Red Badge got the word out to most every Freehold they had a foothold in, and even showing up in one was enough to start a skirmish, albeit one that we outclassed all but their strongest in.

Eventually we found the smallest Freehold we could, barely 10 changelings, and explained an edited version of our situation.
>>
>>43986733
Was ist das?
>>
>>43982064
...huh.

So-you could potentially punch out a True Fae with Fists of Judgment? Because those Fingerkings sound awfully like the True Fae.
>>
>>43986360
Did I misread? I thought you got two free ranks in professions, but that they otherwise weren't discounted. I might just be an idiot, though.
>>
File: 2019423-1.jpg (35 KB, 240x480) Image search: [Google]
2019423-1.jpg
35 KB, 240x480
>>43986907
es ist dies
>>43986733
146. RESIDENT EVIL

Drawbacks: Darkside Chronicles (1600), Keeping Secrets (1800), Bounty (1900)

Background: THE UNDERGROUND LAB, 19, BOW

Skills: Free Powerfully Scary, Discount Natural Proficiency (1800), Discount Mutational Mastery (1500), Discount Energizer Beasty (1300), Complete Global Saturation (1250), Form then Function (1150), Key Genes (950), Knowledge Base (850)

Items: Free Shades, Free Connection Chip, Free 1911, Full Import (650), Discount Crossbow (550), GPS (500), Discount Virus Collector (450), G-Virus Sample (350), Splice it in x4 (150), Double is Deuce (100), Universal Journey [The One who Covers] (0)

Skulls Mk3: Host Implantation, Implantation, Brain Buffer (1100), Mind Power (800), All Humans (700), Mind over Monster (800), Cure (700), Doesn’t like sharing (500), Organ Functions (300), Enhanced Senses [Smell, Hearing] (200), Will it Blend [G-Virus] (600), Mental Clarity (400), Adonis (200), Painful Revelation (100), Natural Weapons (0)

>I was floating in a glass cylinder of unidentified fluid, you know the kind. Gear and documents were being hurriedly packed up by the kind of people who were either too scared to consider what they were doing in a place like this, or were too stupid to realize that a disregard for consequences made them the shortsighted ones, as opposed to everyone else.

>I figured it was high time to break out of here, before lab coats could prod me anymore than they likely already had or I found out what had them so spooked. Unfortunately they seemed to have planned around that, even I couldn't seem to crack this stuff. Not that I'd get a proper chance to test that, mind. Umbrella's goon squad came in to collect the research materials, then gave the scientists their "severance package".

>Should've read the fine print, I guess.
>>
>>43982064
Also, exactly what does "speaking the words of the Correspondance" do apart from apparently givine you the ultimate breath freshener experience?
>>
>>43987232
Oh I imagine something pretty nasty, written correspondence can burn the Paper it's printed on as well as the minds of those who read it.
>>
>>43986812
I made deals with them, became an enforcer for the Spring Court. Got ins with the local drug trade, kept deals afloat, nothing so vulgar as assassination.

The Summer Court monsters were the only Summer courtiers around, and Chimmy defaulted to king. The Monkey King of Summer was quick to snap up any candidates he felt could potentially be worthwhile and teach them the Divine Art of Halting Air when he could, and that quickly spread to other courts.

We had five years left after that and a low profile to keep. Adjusting to mundane life became a matter of routine. To the locals we were a group that had gotten out of an asylum on the same day and decided to pool our resources to get through life. It's not far from the truth.

Lexington was in the fall court, and he came to me about how jumping wasn't what he expected. He did well in the Fall Court, though our relationship held him back. He still wants to understand what happened, and I promised him an easier next jump.

Minor notes are: Gotsu and Chimmy can use their hollow as a backdoor to my warehouse by building a hedge-gate to it in an Arcadia-less jump. I still have to take down the forcewall and can't use their hollow as a quick-travel system.

Gathered a fuck-ton of different goblin fruits that will only work for me and my companions.

>>43987019
Sure sounds like it. Not sure about the fingerkings comparison since I only read the relevant perks, but it seems like it'd at least let you hurt their various forms on par with cold iron.
>>
>>43981011
Sounds like memorandum+memories is a valid combo, you're gonna have to make sure to keep a very detailed memorandum though.
Or if you don't like memorandums the perk from SCP that makes you immune to forgetting could also provide a workaround.
>>
>>43987264
May I just say how surprised I am you're apparently quite familiar with this setting? Wouldn't have guessed it.

When you say burn the minds of those who read it d'you mean that in a Cthulhu Mythos sense or a quite literal fuck-son-you-look-like-Ghost-Rider sense?
>>
>>43987279
Thanks, Elonanon.

And uh-looks like your name's slipped for a bit. Not sure if 'twas intentional or not and I don't mind either way , just thought you ought to know.
>>
>>43987309
It's both. The Correspondence is the language the stars use to dictate the laws of physics. To speak it aloud drives men mad and produces a lot of heat. That's why most people who know the Correspondence stick to writing it, much safer that way.
>>
>>43987309
I've played the game for ages,I'm actually at the end of my ambition waiting for new content and what >>43987346 Said.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.